Speaker 1: Second date up daytime. We're going to Hartford. We have got Drake on the line, Drake.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up guys.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we're just hoping we can help you get some answers as to why you got ghosted on a date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that happened.
Speaker 1: So why don't you tell us about this great date? You went on a first date with a girl name what was her name?
Speaker 2: Heather?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Heather? Okay, I mean it was awesome. You know, we went to a really nice restaurant. The food was amazing. Yeah, and you know, I mean most important, like, I don't know, just the vibe felt right, like the conversation was good. I felt like a lot of chemistry and yeah, just she's not called me back. I've tried, you know, I've tried. I even left a voicemail a couple of times. I'd usually do that, but yeah, she's not getting back to me.
Speaker 2: Did you pay for the date?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Did you make like any off color jokes about how much she ate or what she ordered or did you drink too?
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to get the obvious out of the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I don't. I don't think I did any of that. I mean, you know, obviously, you know it's they can you know, sometimes they'll say dumb things. But I don't think I said any like too many terribly offensive things on the date or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like your honesty. Yeah all right, And you thought the conversation flowed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it felt like everything, Like, you know, we were both asking great questions and yeah, I just felt like, you know, we've really got to know a lot about each other, and you know, it's like a tennis match, you know, it's like kind of back and forth. And yeah, I definitely felt that asked her a lot of great questions and you know, she did the same, and it was Yeah, it was just it was a really good Uh, it's a really good date. That's why I'm like, you know, kind of surprised.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, did you aggressively try to put your tongue in her mouth at all?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Just all right, well.
Speaker 1: Good, just listen, you never know, it may have happened, it didn't happen. So we're gonna we're gonna put you on hold. You sound like a great guy, sounds like a great date. We're gonna put you on hold. We're gonna call up Heather and ask her about the day. He'll be listening in. Are you ready to find out why you're getting ghosted?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, sounds like a great guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, he actually sounds very normal and polite. And what normal is. The word normal is a very important word.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of unnormal people out there. Aggressive. Hi, it's Heather, there's Hi. Hey Heather, it's Courtney, Heather, it's Walmart chef.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's Savannah.
Speaker 2: And you're on the radio. You're on Kiss ninety five seven.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: You're on something called second Date Update. You get ghosted after our first date. We make the call and we get the answers, and that's why we're calling you this morning.
Speaker 2: Heather.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, all right, okay, super nice guy.
Speaker 1: Drake calls us, says, it takes you to a romantic restaurant. Thought you guys had a connection. He was the perfect gentleman at dinner. He's reached out to you and you're ghosting him. So we just want to know from you how the date went.
Speaker 6: That's what he said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said the date was great.
Speaker 1: He I think he said, was it a romantic or just a nice restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you also mentioned it was like a tennis match. You guys are going back and forth on questions.
Speaker 5: Did he did say that he was a good listener?
Speaker 6: Gotcha? Okay? Not how it was for me? Okay, I honestly I was. Yeah, I was really ready for a romantic date. Like I got all cute and put my hair, I did my hair for like hours. I was really excited. But then he showed up with his five year old kid. Didn't tell me like a.
Speaker 2: Like a child, like a two legged child, you're his child.
Speaker 6: A whole child, like a good a little tiny person. Who are you? Was just hanging out and.
Speaker 5: He didn't warn you, like, hey, I'm gonna bring.
Speaker 6: My kid, no warning. And even then when we got there, he didn't even addressed that the kid was there genuinely the whole time.
Speaker 1: So he didn't acknowledge the fact that he walked in with a child to his date.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna so like the kid. Wait, didn't mean then basically went back to his iPad and got onto the table. Okay, wait, watching you to.
Speaker 4: Wait, is this is this his kid? I'm like assuming this is his kid?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it's his kid.
Speaker 1: Maybe she doesn't know. He didn't address it, but I'm going to address it. Drake is listening in. Can we just bring him on the line, Heather, Oh.
Speaker 3: God, Drake, Hey, what's up guys? Okay, Drake, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You didn't tell you brought your son to on your romantic date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I didn't know, Like I didn't think it was like a big deal. I didn't. You know, he's he's really good at just kind of doing his own thing, and like I knew he wasn't gonna like care about, you know, what we were doing. He just wanted some food and to be on his iPad. And I just really didn't like think it was going to be that big a deal. Plus, like we went to it, like it was a really nice restaurant that we were at. Really kind of hoped it would, you know, compensate for you know, me bringing my five year old. It's like, you know, it's my weekend to take care of them, and I really wanted to go out of in the state. And yeah, I just didn't think it was going to be a big deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, showing up to a first date at a romantic restaurant with a surprise child.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a little off putting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for forgive me if I yeah, forgive me if I'm a stepping out of line here. But I feel like on a first date, if you are going to bring your child, you should probably give the heads up of, like, hey, can't find a babysitter, would you want to reschedule?
Speaker 5: Would you mind if I bring my kid? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I mean, are you allergic? Like I don't understand what like the problem is. I mean, I definitely had to listen on my dating profile that I child, but it's.
Speaker 2: Creepy not to even address it. But if the kid is quiet and just under a table, just doing his own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think the problem here, Drake isn't that you have a son or you brought your son. Problem is you didn't say, like what Savannah said, Hey, by the way, I can't get a sitter and I've got my son that weekend. It's a little odd that you just didn't even address it even when you got there.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, And then yeah, like I said, I mean, I didn't think it was a big deal, but.
Speaker 1: And you probably ordered fries and tenders off the kiddy menu. It's just all right, So you have no desire, Heather to go on a kid another date.
Speaker 2: If he if he's kid free that weekend.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, okay, yeah no, I think I'm good.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, listen, I appreciate you being honest Heather and letting us know why he was getting ghosted, and Drake, we wish you lock. I just think, like Savannah said, I just be honest up front, and you probably would have gotten a second date.
Speaker 5: No, I really want chicken fingers.
Speaker 2: I want a five year old, so up.
Speaker 6: I