Speaker 1: You might not know how to turn off her emails. Man, I know I want to turn you on. Baby. Don't be ready, because it's to get where. She's about to get weird. Be prepared for it to get weird. Things. You're gonna get weird. It's getting weird. I'm gonna get real weird with it. Let's get where. Let's get where? Where? Get where? Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric? I'm ready? Listen, ready, listen to a two and twenty fifth episode. Oh let's get weird. My name's Hodi, and every week we come together to give you the weird stories from our lives, the streets, the sheets, the ups, the downs, the all around urinus and just have a good time.
Speaker 2: And sometimes when you start a bit that's half assed, that's the result you got with the turn on turn off bits.
Speaker 1: So that's what you get. Yeah, turn off, tay. We just did ten seconds ago, literally ten seconds before this. I know that's okay, there we go. You're frequenting Virginia a lot more. Yeah, I can tell you. You passed by me yesterday and in the car didn't even say hi. Okay, So there's got to be like a dead spot in that cell service area because Richmond Highway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after by the airport, past the airport. That makes sense, because you called and and then I couldn't hear you couldn't hear me. I could hear you, So it was kind of annoying because I wanted to chit chat with you because I love it when you call me.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I been. I I've you know, gone to Virginia a couple of times. I don't like Virginia, but I will do it. So for some people, it's the land of your people. Me Hoodie, Yes and more and more yes, more yes, and Teddy Yes.
Speaker 2: I still that is funny thing. No one on the show has met Teddy actually, besides severa that was versus randomly, Why is no one because you don't bring Yeah, we don't. I don't bring Teddy anywhare I didn't bring Teddy to the dog event because I just was like, it's not about Teddy for this, Like I want other dogs to get adopted, not Teddy to absorb everyone's all.
Speaker 1: He's cute, but I.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that you're not one of those dog owners that like forces people to befriend their dog.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I would like him to be friendly with people. That is true, but that's a bringing around more people thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he's friendly, he's skittish, he's a little scared, you know, but once he once he knows you, he likes you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But like we don't go places where like, oh, you can bring your dog and hang out like a winery, but we don't go to wineries. No, that's okay.
Speaker 2: One day you'll meet Teddy one day. That's the goal is for Max to hang out with Teddy. That way I can indoctrinate Max. I know how to indoctrinate your son to getting you to buy him things.
Speaker 1: A lah.
Speaker 2: We hit up all the vending machines at Titan's Corner when you were ad to go drop something off the car, and I was like, Max, he want your dad to get you that? Maxie, when your dad get that?
Speaker 1: Speaking of those venue machines, what's what this la baboos and pop Mart pop. It's very just the cute see things. Yeah, because there's a pope in Tyson's corner, but I don't know he's got everything there. But it's kind of just like the new wave of collectible stuff that everyone's thirst to know, buboos are kind of out of stock and stuff. But I know, I think it's pop art has. Is it pop Art or pop Mart? Is pop March pop Mart had? I thought it was cool to have digimond little figures.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh they do. I kind of want that twenty bucks but it's like this big what do you do with them? It's decoration based. It is a new Funko pop, It's all it is. Oh yeah, okay, because let's face it, you know, Funko.
Speaker 1: Pops aren't as popular as they used to be, so we need a new collectible baby.
Speaker 2: You actually should go to the little stores next to us because they might actually have some of those that Pop Mart stuff.
Speaker 1: I want to go Kla Machines, you know that which store the main one that's done.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the name of it is, so it's I'm not going to call it what it is, but yeah, it's like the Asian market there has like claw machines in there. It's like random stuff and it's not like Pikachu were in digimon stuff. But like I can never take him down because that little claw machine challenge, you know on the show, I'd lose what I'd lose.
Speaker 1: Because you don't know the method. You got team up. One person's on the visuals, one person's on the claw. Who's gonna team up with me? I would baby, And I know you know, you know what I'm saying. Uh No.
Speaker 3: But speaking of Max also as well, I ordered him to two Jade and Daniel's rookie cards that he wanted, and they came in. One of them came in what's coming in this week? It's probably came in yesterday my parents' house. So I'm excited that he loves these football cards, man, and he's in the claw. You're getting on like the nice ones or you're just like here you go, no, like legit legit football cards like you legit Panini cards. But are they worse stuff you think? Or they potentially can be worse. The thing is now everyone's getting them graded. That's the problem. And like, yeah, we could get it graded, but what what did we say? It was like two hundred dollars the great.
Speaker 1: Or what did your brother?
Speaker 2: So my brother actually last week got or May it was a week and a half ago, got some Pokemon cards graded. And he had he had like a Gengar card from two thousand and four that he's just had in like a behinder from when were kids. He got it graded at game stop for like twenty bucks, and then they bring up bucks per card, right, I think it's per card. Yeah, And then when you get it back, GameStop says, oh, you owe us a little more money if it's worth if it's a worth a lot more than they originally think. So he had to pay like ten dollars more or whatever.
Speaker 1: The card.
Speaker 2: He actually ended up selling it for nineteen hundred dollars. God and as a card he got from a pack front of as a kid.
Speaker 1: Because I downloaded this app called Coo Colx Collects, I think it's what it's called.
Speaker 3: And I pulled up some of my old basketball vintage cards from back in the day, and some of them it's the coolium of this app is also tell you how much they're worth if it's graded PSA, and there's some that are like a hundred bucks twenty blocks. There's like a couple of Kobe's that are pretty expensive. But the thing is like, do I want to spend the money to go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's really do you want to spend the twenty or whatever dollars to get them a return maybe of eighty dollars.
Speaker 1: It just depends because like, yeah, but then who do you sell it off to?
Speaker 2: That so I and you sell it either like games like game Stop offered John like twelve hundred dollars JESU, which I mean, isn't that bad for game Stop reasonably, but like you can sell it back to them at least if you do their thing. He's ended up selling it to like a collectible store. But I told him, I was like, you should go to like a convention and trade I mean all those TikTok videos go, like I see those all the time of like here's my card. What can I get either in cash or trade value towards four other cards? Yeah, and that's kind of that depends how you want to go. He obviously needed for his wedding and honeymoon stuff, which I don't. I don't bat him, but your boy did look up his own cards, and in my binder, I have a little Pokemon binder of like the recent things I collected. I have about two thousand dollars in that binder worth of cards ungraded or graded ungraded. So if I get'm great, they'll obviously be worth more. So I told Maura and she was like, Moore hates that binder because she knows like that was me like getting super into collecting. But I was like, hey, this binder. If I go away, this is the binder you need to sell immediately.
Speaker 1: You need some money. You should leave notes so that she didn't get hosed and he knows how this one was worth. This didn't put the date as a blank, right right, and then you can find out what happened like to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, surprisingly, the most valuable card I have is a Summons Skull, which is this Yuki Oh card that I thought wasn't worth anything, but I pulled it immediately from the pack and if it's a ten, I would get fifteen hundred dollars off of it. If it's grated, yeah, and but I pulled it like I got it from the pack and put immediately sleeved in the binder.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, it's gotta be at least a nine. So was this also the one that was that skateboard that I got you know that wasn't that.
Speaker 2: Was Winging Dragon of Raw but same same series, right yu gi Oh? Yeah, but like it's it's not this, but something similar to this card. It's a different thing to Yo. It's all like random things and all that. Still, I think I've seen I think they Yo try to come back on the height that Pokemon was getting, and I don't think I can capitalized as much as pokemonia because I think not as many people play yu gi oh as much.
Speaker 1: Slash.
Speaker 2: A lot of Yugo got really complicated over the years, whereas Pokemon has kind of been the same thing.
Speaker 1: There's been new ways to play it whatever.
Speaker 2: Yugio has very like every five years, here's a new way or new thing to do for yu gi Oh. So instead of like, oh I'm gonna for I want to summon something, I have to delete a card to get a put a card down, They're like, oh, now you can do these weird like half moves and all this stuff that adds up. It's it's a weird thing that it gets complicated, like it's not the Yukio I know.
Speaker 3: So I can't you finish that cartoon series from the yu Kyo did because remember that the Yugyo the move they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the big thing was that it was they kind of follow the footsteps of the Pokemon movie, where if you went to the Ugo movie, you get an exclusive card.
Speaker 1: Oh cool. But they were smart and like either's three cards and three of them are like, you don't know what it is. Is the movie streaming anywhere? I don't think maybe Hulu, you Yo movie streaming? Who is this Prime Prime Video? Really? See if I have Prime View on right now? I did not go watch on Prime Video? Is it good? It's okay, It's not as good as a Pokemon movie.
Speaker 2: I think they was like, all right, hey, we got to wrap this up because we got these other spinoff series and that you Gi isn't in much the kin to how Ash was in the show for forever, and it was it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was okay, it was okay. We watched though in theaters. You did that?
Speaker 2: I mean that talk about an era of properties and movies and the same time frame is like the Clone Wars movie that happened they animated Clone Wars movie sounds like the same, like oh saw four two thousand and six ish of movies coming out that were just TV shows.
Speaker 1: Definitely to go see those movies in theaters. So those that during that time frame, I was pretty wild boy four. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I was twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: You tell me, baby, I don't know that I was being taken to these movies. I could not afford these movies. I was taken driving. I just say I was in the fourth grade. Okay, why do you always do that to me?
Speaker 1: I didn't say anything. I can't help the way the words I say make you.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm ten years older than you, right, yeah, yeah, so if you're in the fourth grade, how old were you then?
Speaker 1: Nine or ten? So then I was definitely twenty one at the two thousand and four. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well I think you're twenty and you drank still, but that's okay. No, we won't tell anybody. Rosa Rossau, rosa nose.
Speaker 2: Everything but kind of drinking. Good segue there more. And I did a cocktail class last weekend and not gonna lie, it was pretty litty. Went in thinking this isn't gonna be fun, and then that second drink.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't it been fun? Because I went in and I was the only guy there, which is not a problem. Then a couple other guys showed up late, and then I was singled out because I was wearing one of my little button down shirts. Got some floral on it, and the bartender guy was like, oh, you want to help me teach a class. I was like, what do you mean. He's like, you got a straight a match of drinks? Like yeah.
Speaker 2: Then he called me out two other times. I'm not feeling that I'm here to have a good time. I've been called out like this.
Speaker 1: But he wanted you to help or I was like, do you actually want me to help? He said no. I was like, don't joke around. Then I'll help you if you need help. But he does love to help. Somebody to help. Eagles scout over there, got my fingers ready. Oh my god, help. So what cocktails did you make? It was a Vaca floral class. It was a lot of like florally vodka classes.
Speaker 2: There's four drinks and uh there was more thought it was gonna be tapaus at first, and then we're like, oh no. This was like a full meal based on the menu they gave us, and it was like little little bites, little tiny circle bites of like a caesar salad.
Speaker 1: I tried, uh to.
Speaker 2: Tuna tartar tartar for the first time, for the first time. Yeah, yeah, I did eat that, but I ate that I was like, I don't know how I feel about that, Andrew, it tastes like a cheese stick to a degree, a little squeezhie. It's weird your palette. I hate it, bro, I hate it. I didn't say no, I hate it, but you won't eat an avocado.
Speaker 1: I didn't. There was an avocado on it. I scooped it off and gave it some.
Speaker 2: And then it was a grilled cheese bite that was like a cracker and then lemon sorbathing. Let me tell you that's not a drink, like whoa who?
Speaker 1: How did you find this? Would you g you more? Picked it for our anniversary?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: For one year anniversary?
Speaker 2: And that it was through the restaurant in the commentary there, which it's in all so it's right by Sauces Area in Clarendon. And the fourth drink was wild because and you could tell no one liked the fourth drink because no one finished it.
Speaker 1: And more like we got finish it, we paid. Was it the same vodka each time? We're different? Different gray gouse orange? Then it was like a Chyne vodka. It was like a I think it's a Polish vodka. It's a sea it's a black clear bottle of black letters on it. Yeah, it was Kyrine or something. It's like a new one that's uh you know right there chopping there, which like vodka. Sure, but the barker was like, this is the vodka I drink all the time. And he's like over Tito's and he said that. I was like, huh.
Speaker 2: Uh. And then it was another gray Goose and then some other random drink. I don't know what the other drink was, but the last drink was it was It was bitter.
Speaker 1: It was real. It was like I think after dinner, like almost closer to the Sprits drink that was like operl. It was like an apparel but it was an aperl. And we finished it. We had to walk around both to couple, just anybody to ca.
Speaker 2: It was any it's anybody thing, but I mean every no, there was groups of four and stuff. But yeah, it was like anybody. There was a person celebrating the birthday there and they were They got real littly because they got all the extra drinks, so it was fun.
Speaker 1: The bar would make the drink and then give it to the birthday person. So oh god. And after eating that little last food. They probably got lit eat.
Speaker 2: I tell you, let me let me he's on the pretzel bites come in collection at home. We're home, like we can't drive anywhere. We got pretzel bites that would.
Speaker 1: We wanted to.
Speaker 2: I was like, it was like five hours later. All right, I could drive now and I was under the limit, so it was good to go so safe. Someone might listen to.
Speaker 1: A little taco belt, little taco bell, of course that's what we had.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, you go to that CANTEENA one right, No, well we got whatever one's easier, and it was nine o'clock. Can't go to the cantina and one's packed right now, declared in people.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, speaking of your Virginia, I realized, So I texted you yesterday, do I need to buy liquor from any store or I'd go to.
Speaker 1: A certain story because Virginia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in Virginia, well in Maryland, because I was looking for surf sides, which are contained vodka.
Speaker 1: They didn't have those at the at the ABC Target Total Wine, right, So.
Speaker 3: Then I went to the Harris Teeter and they had them, but they didn't have the champagne that I wanted.
Speaker 1: To get. But because the ABC didn't have the shadle wine, baby, it's got it all.
Speaker 3: So total wine is the only thing to get everything out in Virginia. I mean your two version of total wines in Virginia.
Speaker 1: Right, there's an etal wine in Total Wine and more and that's the one that's got the is.
Speaker 2: I've only been in Moores, and Moores have the cigars too. That's the That's the other main difference.
Speaker 1: Why is Virginia so difficult with your alcohol? Bro? Maryland's so difficult with it's alcohol. What are you talking about. You go to a liquor store. No, no, no hard alcohol.
Speaker 2: You go to the liquor store, which is ABC store. Anything else you can go to anywhere else. It just depends if the store hasn't it has.
Speaker 1: Liquor in it. There's vodka into the malt. No, it's vodka.
Speaker 2: Well they didn't regulate it yet. It's the same thing of how when I was twenty one, I'm drinking the root beer beer. The checkout lady was like, is this alcohol? Why don't I have to idea?
Speaker 1: I was like, it's alcoholic group beer. Don't worry lady, it's okay. She was sixty. She didn't know. It's the same thing. People don't know and they selling avery. It's good. Let me tell you that.
Speaker 2: Surf Sides, oh dude, the surface and I had whatever, the one they sell it, NAT's Park is good too. It's like summerset or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's good. But surf Sideserry Lemonade t one is still dangerous. They gets you dangerous. I had a bunch yesterday and I was fine.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, I feel like you could drink a lot you don't feel it. And then if you drink four I think they come in four packs or six packs or something like these packs. Yeah, and then you're like, oh, why did I do that? I'm hydrated, but I'm also a drunk. Okay, well, well now I meet me for lunch next time you come down. You know, because here's the thing. I was on a walk yesterday and I saw your car and then you left.
Speaker 1: It was okay. I was like, oh, hey, okay, bye wall You were walking, yeah, walking. Oh so when I when you called me, you were walking. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went back on a four mile run by myself and I walked all the way from my house to Gravelly Point. You made it to the made I found out where we turned around. If we'd gone ten minutes, it would have been an easier walk to get lunch. It had been fifty or fifty thirty more minutes would been gravelly point.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well look at that. Look at you. Did Teddy go with you? No, it's too far, it's too far.
Speaker 2: Plus Teddy is a dog that gets very distracted by smells. So say, if that was an hour walk, that'd be a two hour walk if Teddy was like, I love Teddy, but like, if I want to walk, I'm walking.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get a carry case for that little point.
Speaker 2: No, we walked at one point when we first got Teddy, we thought we were going to get the carrying case.
Speaker 1: We definitely weren't set up.
Speaker 2: We were not getting a stroller, but like the little like Jorn backpack day. Yeah, but I think Teddy's too heavy for them, Like it'll be back, you'll get back pain. He's eight seventeen pounds, he's.
Speaker 1: Late, he's still like he's like that, he's not that heavy. You know, he light work like you are. He is, he is, but you know what isn't light work? Kevin? Or you're not kidding. Wow, I'm sorry. Sorry, Kevin, Kevin, you love Kevin. It's fun. I get it fun and so I brought you guys together.
Speaker 2: This is where we have actual read misconnections from Washington, d C dot Craigslist dot org.
Speaker 1: Have a good time and maybe buy a little pop little pop Mark. You know, no, not buying that? Put that? Oh okay, So here's here's a slogan for Popmark. By the way, pick a box shake for hints on box now, Oh you know what this is? The other one was you buy the specific one you want. That's what that is. If you buy this one, it's just random. I see I see Digimon say it? Did Jimon Digital Monsters did jibon Nada? Did youmon Champions? Damn? It's all right?
Speaker 2: Uhvol Anyway, our first missconnection from the intwo Ultimate.
Speaker 1: That actually looked good. He did good?
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, our first one, we'll go c and O Canalo Riley's Lock Lock twenty four? Oh snap, where's this at on the Claire Barton Parker. It's Lowe's Island and go that way. Yeah, we shared us.
Speaker 1: Been to Riley's Lock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we shared a smile. I was riding up the lock twenty five. I asked if you were familiar with the historic Seneca quar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's far north.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can meet up for coffee downtown sometime. You brunette somewhere between thirty five and forty five, Taco two girlfriends. You looked like you were riding towards Georgetown Me forty eight single white man five nine, two hundred pounds eleven life live in the.
Speaker 1: Eighties, bro, You can't put live in the eighties. That dates real quick. Yeah, come on, man, all.
Speaker 3: Right, go twenty four Latino guy first one college got oh, no, sorry, I'll.
Speaker 1: Do college guys.
Speaker 3: College Mexican student at but we stayed twenty four five nine freaky dude?
Speaker 1: Any role play? Mmm? One's hitting? What does that mean? I'm expired? We can read? All right, next our next one, let's go. I know that one. I want to read that one. Hungry for chocolate cakes, cakes.
Speaker 2: I'm a good looking mask and white guy looking for the masking black man with them thick cakes that love to be eaten cakes, cakes, cakes, and they want to lick the icing off.
Speaker 1: He looked the icing off? All right? Where did that one go?
Speaker 3: Wonderland Wonderland last Saturday. Up right there, Wonderland Ballroom. If you were a Wonderland Ballroom last Saturday night, five seventeen and saw two people making out on the dance floor around midnight?
Speaker 1: Did they both did?
Speaker 4: They?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 4: They?
Speaker 1: Did? They both look really happy? Question? Is that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: You want a review of your kissing? Hey? How did my partner and I make out? Did it turn you on? Because it turned offs on? Turned on? Hey we had sex that night? Sex that night.
Speaker 2: Let's go with dude rolling around for that one dude in Columbia Heights. Hey, I'm sorry I didn't get your number. It was really nice to meeting the other day. We met at bunker.
Speaker 1: What did you know? I'm doing that thing where I'm rolling around again. It should be great ecstasy to see you again. Hit me up. Wait rolling around like? Are they rolling on?
Speaker 4: Like like.
Speaker 1: We're talking about marijuana. No ecstasy would be they're rolling on e bro, not marijuana. I've never done that, so it's fine to look at you. Personal trainer needed Rockville. Let's go there here. Yeah, okay. Hiring a personal trainer for in condo building workouts rate cash play must be local to the rock Fell bethes the area. That was pretty lame. Never mind, that's a should be looking for jobs. That was bad. All right, Sorry, let's go with you gotta do that one. Which one is the teacher? I think we've done this. I miss my teacher's pet male for female to come up park.
Speaker 2: We met on here. I lost your contact. Infell, my origin land was teacher's pet, which I believe we've read before. This was years ago on the old Craigslist. If you remember me, hit me up. You enjoyed various role playing teacher students, stepfather, step daughter, d D LG d D you were a D double D.
Speaker 1: You were eighteen or nineteen at time, so you should be in your mid twenties. Now, just be clear.
Speaker 2: I'm a man in the I'm trying to reconnect with this female. I'm just out of long term relationship, looking out fun again.
Speaker 1: I hope to find you. Here's my phone number.
Speaker 2: Text me.
Speaker 1: You need to look up D D LG. Yeah, what do you think that meansans? D L G? Oh?
Speaker 2: Here go is daddy dom little girl? Okay, a little BioShock relationship there. If you've played that game, you got Big Daddy as a villain and it was like, what the hell hold on by shot villains? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, come on, that's not what I want. I don't need the names. I need the category. Damn it. Big Daddy.
Speaker 2: You remember Big Daddy the BioShock No Big Daddy from the movie, the Adam Sandler movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you know. And Little Sisters it was that was the thing in the game. Okay, and Eric, you get to pick our last one.
Speaker 3: Fine outdoor weather, Old Branch, Allentown Road, Allentown, Love the outdoors.
Speaker 1: Who is out and about and joined the weather? Today?
Speaker 3: Great day to be outside and drive around, et cetera. Anyone around Temple Hills, Clinton Camp Springs parked?
Speaker 1: Oh they're parked. They're looking for someone to come party with them.
Speaker 4: A question than I have Creek Park, Yes, sir, A lot of people hooking up in that park. You think maybe Yeah, I'm gonna say at least yeah. There used to be so uh, I said, I drove by it the other day. There used to be this little hut one George Racey. If you ever went to George Mason and he went on campus, I'm gonna look the little cabin.
Speaker 1: Let's see if that pops up. Let's see there used to be a little lake house. That's not it lake Where is it?
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 1: Show me, give me the good image of your actual house, a little little tiny house. Uh, of course, it's not gonna tire lake house.
Speaker 2: It's not going to show up. Oh here, it is all right perfect. Uh that there's this little tiny house on this lake on George Mason. That that's where people would hook up.
Speaker 1: Late at night. You go in there, you hook up, and someone go that way, someone go that way? Yeah, no way. Also also was uh where people got murdered house potentially, we're not sure that was my have been a myth and urban myth, Oh my god, urban legend, urban legend. That's where Jason Vord he sleeps at. I just feel like there's a lot of hookup spots that we don't realize these are hookup spots. We're just sitting and standing in those spots.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes I realize that people got it all on these spot in the way, you never know what you're in the way.
Speaker 1: We could be included if you want to, if you want to have to. Anyway, that does it for this week's Let's get weird next week? Oh get ready because I'll be previewing my best man speech. Now.
Speaker 2: Will my brother listened to the podcast before the episode before he gets married?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll figure it out. So you know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: I'll read the speech to you, Eric, and we'll just have your reactions to this. If I start, if you made me start crying, Hoodie'm gonna punch you, okay.
Speaker 2: And so we'll have Gongham style just playing off in the background flow, and then it'll be you say, oh ah, that's good.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: It'll be my last little litmus test. You can follow Eric at mister Eric V. That's m R E R I c k V.
Speaker 1: You can follow me at Andrew Hoodie, that's with why Why Why you always remember it's okay to be weird and sexy. It got weird, didn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah,