Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of Bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog, something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and name was dead once you hit the ground. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It was enough out here looking. I'm new to the window now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside. Hello, hit the fuddy out here? What quin I'm out there? I thought of a bit of about sixty nine. I don't know easy out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm walking right a heady our focus will Welcome O guest to the show. It is been it from the Broadcasting Seeds podcast. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me on.
Speaker 1: I've been looking forward to this man. We met up in Gatlin Burger. You stopped by the booth and we had a great conversation. I've always looking forward to having people on that I've actually met in person. We do all of this stuff over the internet, so it's always cool to meet people and shake people's hand in person and then have them on the show. You have a better rapport. I think, let's talk about this bigfoot thing. What in the world got you interested in the subject to begin with?
Speaker 3: From childhood, I've always been attracted to whether it started with mythology. I'm old enough that we didn't have the internet. It's a library kid, right, I was always that kid. I would go into the libraries my big thing really when I was young. I remember, as eight or nine years old, being enthralled with locked ness. Those gateways. They just always open up to Bigfoot, right, that's the rock star of the high strange in this genre. Really early I remember getting my hands on everything that I could find, but there wasn't that much, not back in those days. There was a couple of books I remember watching. I can't remember the name of the show, but it was Leonard Nimoy. I remember he hosted it, and I remember they had a thing on that My dad was a shortwave radio guy and he would listen to Coast to Coast AM. I remember like sneaking up so I could hear that really early in the morning, listening to Coast to Coast a m and at that time it was ar Bell and he had the occasional Bigfoot guy on. That's really what my gateway was into the whole Bigfoot Sasquatch world.
Speaker 4: It's the same thing for me.
Speaker 1: NeSSI was my first cryptid love, like the gateway drug of cryptids got me interested in Bigfoot. I had an experience, like when I was twelve years old with one of these things out in the woods while I was hunting, and I was hooked. From then on, I had to let it go for a while because I did a stint as a cop. I've said it before many times, you just don't talk about that kind of stuff because people look at you like you got three heads. I just suppressed it until I left that in twenty sixteen and I was able to dive back into the love for cryptids and the love for Bigfoot, and then I've had experiences since then that have just kept me going and talking to at this point, probably a thousand or more people interviewing them for the show and talking to people at conferences. It's really my passion and love. But we're not here to talk about me. We're here to talk about you and your experiences. I know you're here to talk about some encounters and experiences you've had. Why don't you take us back to where you were, what you were doing, and tell.
Speaker 4: Us what happened to you.
Speaker 3: Again, that's kind of piggyback sound exactly what I was saying. I was a Boy Scout. Also have a similar background to you, in essence that I was in the military. Then I got out of the military. I was a police officer for a while, and I spent my time in corporate security or contracting for years until I just got to a point where I couldn't carry a gun anymore. I just couldn't do it. I didn't want to do it anymore. These aren't places that you talk about this stuff. I suppressed it for years. I toiled the occasional person. But the first encounter, and I've had multiples, the first encounter that I had I was eleven, so it was nineteen eighty five. I was a boy in the Boy Scouts in Illinois. There was this camp ground called I think it was Camp Heffernan, which doesn't exist anymore in McLean County, Illinois. I think it's on Bloomington Lake, is what it's called. We were camping, and it was probably in the fall, because we didn't do stuff in summer really because it's just so hot. But it was in the fall. The leaves had started to fall. It was in the evening sun was starting to go down. The glory of this campground is that it was like one hundred and something out of acres and we just had free reign of the whole campground. So we would break into squads and we got to choose where we wanted to camp. We always chose this. I guess you would call it a pine forest, just because it was soft and they're this matt bed of pine needles. So it was real comfortable to sleep in. But it was a good half a mile from the main cabin where the Scout leaders would stay and we would eat. We were running a little late for dinner. One night, we decided we were going to take a shortcut little boys always do, because Heaven forbid we actually take the right way around. We have to find the shortcuts. Right there was these hedges and I say hedgerows. If you think of World War two in France, there was all these hedgerows. So it was like a ten foot row of bushes basically that you could slide up underneath, or we could at ages ten through eleven where you could slide underneath, and we didn't have to go all the way around, because all the way around meant an extra fifty feet. Probably on the other side of this hedgerow there was a little bit of woods and then an open field which was like a parade ground there, and then on the other side of that was all the cabins. Port of this parade field is important, but I'll end this story with that. And there's a little drainage ditch right before you get to this hedge, and it had rained the night before, so there was a little bit of water running through there. Nothing that we couldn't jump over and then dive under the bushes. That little stream is probably twelve to fifteen feet off of those bushes, so we're running. I was the first one and I jumped the stream, landed, and the first thing that hit me was this obnoxious smell. Everyone's heard this a million times, the wet dog e Coom swamp nasty smell. Just shit to me in the face like a wall. Right, one of the other kids that's behind me, he jumps across and to hear him go ooh, what's that smell. As soon as he said that, it's like the hedgerow erupted. It just started shaking. It was terrifying. I guess the best way to describe it as like it exploded. Because we were running into the setting sun, you could see whatever it was, and you could see the find shoulders and head. Now keep in mind, this headerow is about ten feet tall. This thing's got its hands pulling it apart. Now at this point you could look up and just see like the head and like the traps, probably about eight eight and a half feet. It was just monstrous, and they let out this god awful roar, scream, roar. It was almost like it was on multiple levels, like different factaves, and you could feel it as much as you could hear it. We were all frozen. Didn't even wait for it to stop yelling. I looked to my right and the other two boys are hauling butt down the hedgerowe. I just follow them. I've never run so fast in my life across that field. I was just afraid that this thing was going to come after us. I kept looking back, but it never did. It didn't chase us or anything. We got to the cabin, people were like, what just happened to you? I told them, and one of the other kids was like, yeah. The third kid, who was the youngest, he was out of it. His parents had to come pick him up because he just couldn't handle it. And I don't know how or why in my brain, I was scared, of course, but it didn't feel like it was a threat because I went later that night and slept over beyond that again. But for some reason, I was scared of the instance at the time, but I was not brightened afterwards. Now I look back and I get a little bit of pangs retelling the story because it was so I would say traumatic, but that's not the right word, at least not for me. Now for the other kids, I would say it was traumatic. The other kid, I never saw him again. We were friendly with each other, but I saw him one out of their time. We acknowledged that had happened, but he didn't want to talk about it, and then two years later he passed away. I had alluded earlier to this giant field. This is a kid's remembrance, and I can't get any verification of this. I've looked online. I've dug and dug, and I've tried to find people that I was with at that camp. The scoutmasters passed away. I can't find his son, who was the assistant scout master. I know it's not there now, but at at that time, there was like a statue, but it wasn't a statue. It was a log, like a giant log that was cut out like a chair. I can't even tell you how big around it was. It was giant like. We couldn't move it no way they needed, like giant machinery. Was sitting in the middle of this field. And I'm telling you that I had a plaque on it that was alluding to the fact that there was a sasquatch or bigfoot type creature that Native Americans used to talk about, and that they would actually give them a young girl once a year. A plaque was on that stump. I don't know if I made that up to be honest, it's a weird thing for me to just make up. But I can tell you that stump is not there anymore. You can look at satellite footage of it and it's just not there. So I don't know if I imagine that, but I thought it was interesting. Lower with the area, there really is no lore that I can find, and I'm a pretty decent researcher, and I can't find it. I put that with the preface that it might be my brain, but I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Before we move into your other experiences, I want to bring up a couple of things here that you mentioned. First and foremost is the smell. It's always interesting to me when I hear people talk about the smell, because that's something that the legend of Boggi Creek obviously made very famous or infamous, dependence on which way you look at it, back in the early seventies. But it's honestly, and probably i'd say maybe twenty five to thirty percent of the encounters or experiences that I've documented, so it's not a very common thing. If seventy five percent of the people have experiences with these creatures and don't smell anything. I think I've been pretty close to these things four times, maybe six or eight times total in my life, and I've never smelled anything that was weird or out of the ordinary, except for a couple of times here on the property, I've smelled what smells like like a wet horse, kind of musky smell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 1: That's really weird because there's no horses within at least a.
Speaker 4: Couple miles of us.
Speaker 1: Could it have carried on the wind through the valleys and over the hills and into the area where I happen to be walking on our property.
Speaker 4: That's possible. But outside of that.
Speaker 1: I've never experienced anything, and I was ten feet away from one of these things last summer. The smell is always something that's fascinated me about these creatures. Let me ask you this before we move on, because this is really the only question that I've gotten to a point where I ask people who experienced that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course it's subjective, we don't know.
Speaker 1: But do you think that is something that is environmental or do you think it's something that they have the ability to use as a defense mechanism. Some people have postulated that they may have this gland under their arms, very similar to great apes and other primates. Given what you know now and the research that you've done in your other experiences. Do you think that's something that is environmental with these creatures or do you think it could be something that they use as intimidation or maybe even some sort of a display.
Speaker 3: I think it might be a combination of both. And part of that I think is geographical. I would think that especially down south, like way downs up like Skunk Cape territory like Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi. Being in the military, I've marched through many a swamp and you smell like that when you come out of it. That bacteria turnover, and that's very similar to the smell we're talking about, like sewage mixed with dog or something like that. I've had two experiences where I smelled that smell, and I've had two where I didn't. The two that I did, I could see how it would be, like the way it's skunk. He has it as a defense mechanism. Because we happened upon this, I think it was just the way that it reacted both times we happened upon it. They were just as scared or shocked to see us as we were shocked to see it. In my opinion, and.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to see We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: That could be true, that could not. Now the other two incidents, they were in control of all of it, and those two situations were more on a woo the scale, where the first two were totally out in the woods in the middle of nowhere. The second one was the first one was there at the camp. So I have a feeling, and I've postulated that as well, is that maybe it is a defense mechanism. I think it's just as good a theory as any.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: Let's go into your next experience with these things.
Speaker 3: This song, I've actually been asked not to go too deeply into it, so it's going to be really quick. It's when I was active duty military. I've told it on another show and I got phone call, not from some shadowy CIA or anything like that, but some guys that I was with that were like, could you not, So just to say it was identical almost to the first one, except for we were in Alaska. It was me and five other Marines. We were basically ran into a Sasquatch. We weren't crawling under a hedgerow or anything, but we were patrolling through a National forest in Alaska, came across the smell roar, shaking the trees, could see the outline perfectly. It was me and another guy, and the third guy ran up when that happened. That's the sanitized version, gotcha.
Speaker 1: One of the things that fascinates me about Alaska is there tends to be, at least in my experience, in the tons of story that come out of there. Fred from Subarctic Alaska, Sasquatch. Fred's been on the show. I use some of his stories to give them a different and broader audience. I usually put out one of Fred's episodes every Sunday for the audience here on Sasquatch Odyssey, and by and large, those experiences and encounters that he relays, including his own, tend to be very aggressive.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would agree.
Speaker 1: These things are throwing things at people, They're trying to bust into and sometimes busting into cabins. They're picking things up, generators and tearing things up. I don't know what to make of that, because I think one of two things is going on here. Either some people are making up these stories whole cloth just to be sensational with it, or the flip side of that is, maybe these things are happening in other areas and we're just not hearing these stories for whatever reason. I don't know if it has something to do with that the First Nations or Native people's approach to the subject, they don't tend to share those with a lot of people outside of their villages or outside of their areas. Fred has this interesting way of pulling those stories out of people because he is part of the First Nations. Yeah, so I don't know if that's something that's going on. Have you had that same experience. Are you familiar with some of these aggressive encounters that are happening in Alaska and do you think that's something that's maybe happening in other areas and we're just not hearing about it.
Speaker 3: The weird part about that encounter is we were we were carrying, we had full combat load at that time because of what we were doing there. We had an encounter with a moose earlier that day, so we were triggered anyway, because moose man when they get angry, they're terrifying. They are terrifying a giant, they're just so big. But this thing, the only way that I can describe it is the air just changed. I actually just chills thinking about it. It was angry, and you could tell this sasquatch was bigger than the one that I had encountered seven years frier. The reason I know that is because number one, I was bigger. Everything seemed so big when you're little, right, I was a grown man at this point. It had to have been nine feet tall, but it was so wide. It was just massive, and when it ran away, you could actually the first few footfalls you could feel just as much as you could hear them, and it went through the force like a freight train. Literally. I don't have the pictures anymore. This is one of my biggest regrets. Took pictures of the path that a tourists getting out of there. Three four inch saplings just snapped, just like you. Hear other stories about that too. That one was scarier, But I never got the inkling to pull the sugar. I don't know why. I think I was just so shocked. We had heard other stories from that area where allegedly some folks had gotten I wouldn't say attacked, but there was like some serious bluff charging type incidents going on in the area where we were operating. I could tell you what that was offline, I just can't tell you what it is on the air. So yes, the answer to your question is yes, I've heard that they're just more aggressive up there, and I don't know if it's because there's less people maybe, who knows. There's all kinds of theories. I got out of the military, got in the law enforcement. Frankly, I didn't want anything to do with the woods for years and years. I think it was a combination of I did that enough when I was in the military. We also, I think maybe now that I look back hindsight's twenty twenty, I look back in my mind and I go, I don't want to run into one of these out there and again because no, no thanks. So I just kept having this urge. Later, once I got out of the security and law enforcement, realm to get back into the woods because I also find the woods very therapeutic. I have a rooftop tent now. Just popping my tent, building the fire and sitting there, that's enough for me. I don't have to walk through the woods. I just I need to be surrounded. It's the reason I like national forests, because you can go in and find a disperse campsite and just the park and you're done. There's not a lot of rules. You don't to pay, you don't have to do all these things. So I was like, you know what, though, I need to find a hobby. This is how my thought process was. I followed the BFRORO for a while. Everyone has their opinion about BFRORO, but it is what it is. They were the only ones at the time that I knew of, at least In the fall of twenty twenty too, COVID had gone down and I needed to get back out in the woods, so I signed up for an ex edition in the Allegheny National Forest. Turned out that place is crazy. It's a wild place. I went and met up with a whole bunch of folks, some really good folks that I'm still friends with and do some research stuff with to this day. A whole wap in three years later, but feels like it's been a decade just because so much stuff. So on that trip, we'd actually found some signs, deteriorated footprints, maybe kind of thing belong with that. We found huge not like huge, oh my gosh, it's a dog man, but very large K nine tracks and amongst these other tracks, so that peaked our interests as well. We went out and did some investigations and stuff at night and we did the knocking and the whooping. And I had never done any of this stuff, so I was like, Okay. The first night it was nothing. Second night we had some maybe that was a callback right. Then the third morning we went down this one road and that there was a really good track and it was about a sixteen inch track. There was two of them. I was like, oh my gosh, we literally had been there yesterday and that was not there.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 3: I'm also in the back of my head maybe somebody put it there. So one did this, but it had the mid tarsl break and everything. It was pretty feller track. I was like, Okay, this is gonna be fun. I have very good spidy senses. We were at the campsite. It's a big campsite too, so there's a road that goes through it, but it's an old road. It's an old oil and gas road, but nobody can drive on it now. But beyond that there's about ten meters of woods and then there's like a cliff that goes up and there's actually a restricted area up on that clip on that hill. It's totally fenced off, allegedly at the hunting lease or something like that, but I'm not positive what it is, but I can tell you they have raiak cams and stuff there and it do not enter everywhere, but from that ridge. I'm like, something is up there watching us. All day long, I felt this. I videoed up there all day. Nothing ended up coming out of it. But that night we're at the fire and a couple people had left because there was a storm coming in, and there was like four or five of us left, and we were just gonna ride it out, have a fire, see if we could get something to come to us, and we did so. One of the guys does a really good sasquash call, and he walked out to the edge of that tree line. And of course you don't think, hey, I'm going to record this. For some reason just didn't run into my head, but he did his right up to where I was like, do it right there. As soon as he did it right back at us, so loud, so powerful, just the loudest was a whoop. It reminded me of the other roars that I had heard from when I was younger, and again you could hear it, and it ended with this like whoop at the end, and it sounded just like an ape literally like a gibbon or a pull or monkey, that kind of thing. And we were all like, what just happened? Yeah, that was intense. If you backtrack a few hours before that, and I didn't hear this, but the guys that were at the camp one of the guys was a new guy and one of them was a more seasoned guy. They had heard from the area that we're talking about up in that court owner of the campsite, they had heard samurai chatter. That's basically what got me hooked again from that point on. Now, I came home and I told my buddy his name is Jewel. He was like, funny that you should tell me this story. So he lives up in what is called the tug Hill Plateau, which is a very sparsely populated area foothills of the Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York. He has a big swath of land up there and around him, we probably have two hundred and fifty to three hundred acres of just untouched wilderness that nobody goes into. Except for us really to either hunt. We now call a Broken Bridge Research Area because something's going on there in Broken Bridge, for sure. We call it broken Bridge because there was this bridge. There's a trout stream that runs through the property, and there's this bridge. My partner didn't build it, but he had fixed it and used it all the time to go over to the other side of his property. Of his property, there's something like sixty acres on that side of the stream. He was also a marine like myself. I've had a couple incidents where I would get the willies when it would go over to that side of the stream. Not that long before I came to him of the story, he had gone down to go across one day and the bridge and I can attest, and I've taken pictures and I can actually send you some. It looked like something literally ripped down the bridge. These are like smaller fence post size timbers that were going across plus two by sixes. It was strong. He would go across it like there was nothing, and he had repaired it, and something definitely tore it down, at least as my opinion, and he would agree. So that kind of started this whole thing. Where after I came back and told him the story. He told me about that. He told me also about it encounter that he had was something that bluff charged them in his backyard, him and his wife and his dogs. He has two Great Pyrenees, which are monster. They're both over one hundred and twenty pounds and one of them is about one point fifty. I can't even drive up and walk up to the house without them barking. They're really good guard dogs. These things wanted nothing to do with whatever was there. He got bluff charged, and he showed me because I went out there the next day after he told me the story, and it's all like trampled down this long grass and there's a couple breaks right by there as well. It terrified him and his wife. Where's life. I was like, not that I can help you with this, but I can tell you what I think. So we went out and we've been now from that point on, we've been doing all kinds of stuff out there, and we found in certain spots these like strange drag marks, which there's no explanation for him other than whether something I don't even know how to describe it, something got killed. And then it was drug, but there's no blood or anything like that, so it's hard to say whoops from the other side of the stream. We had this one incident where we were walking back on the trail and I looked over and there was this tree break, which, not in itself, was like, oh my gosh, it's a broken tree. People see tree breaks all the time. But the way that this was broken, it was right into the why of another tree, like another two limbs. I'll send you a picture of this too. It's what I call a blair Witch They were like blair Witch sticks. Do you remember that movie blair Witch Project, Remember how it had those stick figures that were hanging from the trees. This was like that, but the sticks were all woven together. I can't even describe it. Have to see it and.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back after these.
Speaker 3: Messages, which is really bizarre, and there's no way that those are just happening. There was no way that's just happening in the woods. So that all comes up to my last story that I've got for the broken bridge, because stuff just keeps happening there. I did gifting. He's got stone fences that run through this property, like the old cool stone fences. They're about three and a half feet tall. I'm a big rock nerd. I polish the stones right from all over the place. I put a couple of those out there. I put a stuffed animal that looked like a monkey or a sasquatch out on there. I think I put an apple out. I put a trail cam on it. I saw a couple of deer in the trail cam, but nothing else. But everything was gone. The apple, I understand, but the other there's stuff where we're to go. Then as I'm walking around, like walked spiraling out around this fence, I get to a spot on the fence. This fence is like two feet wide, like I said, about three and a half feet tall. In this spot, just off of camera where the camera was covering, there was this giant pile of what looked like human poop, human feces. It wasn't there, It wasn't deer, it wasn't coyote. It looked like a human had squat on top of the fence and taken up poop, which is just super weird. Again, I can send those pictures seat as well. But super bizarre, and it wasn't their prior. Definitely wasn't their prior. The last story that I have from there, and I haven't been out there since then, mainly because my health kind of declined a little bit and I just haven't been able to walk around in the woods. We have a camp out there. It's actually up off of the stream on a big flat area, but it's got a gray view. You can watch the sunset down the stream and whatnot. It's just a great spot. We have a fire pit out there. There have been some incidents where we had been sleeping and something was coming into the sleeping area and messing with tents, like pushing down on the tents and stuff like that. I never experienced it, but other people did. So we put a fence around it. And it's just like that green mesh fence material. It's metal, but it's light weight. But we wrapped it around some of these trees and we left ourselves like a four foot entry spot. It's about six and a half seven foot tall. The fences just to deter anything, I guess you could say. And by that time, I've also learned that trail cams are very good at keeping things at bay. I don't know if they can see in for it. I have no idea. All I know is that whenever I have trailcams out, well, I don't have issues and I don't want the issues, really, But when I'm going to sleep, I put trail cams out and I've got two other small cams that I clip onto things that over the entire site one night because I got this nice new thermal camera that goes onto your cell phone. Very cool tool, and it's just cool to go out there with and just look at anything at night, let alone sasquatch. I have four daughters, so they go through phones like their job. So I have a couple extra ones that I use for recording and stuff like that. So I have two dedicated phones besides my own that I take out to the field with me. I have these things totally charged up. I am going to set a camera trap. This is what's in my head. I go out there all alone, which, by the way, just don't do that, my warning to folks. But I'm like, yeah, my buddy's two hundred meters from me. If anything really goes down, it's all faulty thinking. But either way, I had set up the cameras in a type of camera trap where there was about a eight foot wide area of the fence that was the closest to the tent, so it was about six or seven feet from the tent to the fence. I funneled it to where I wanted it. Something bipedal the footfalls came up from the stream. I could hear it. And this is two in the morning, and I'm waiting. I'm like, oh my god, the hearse starts racing. I'm in the tent, sitting in a chair with the part of the window just enough so I can see out at one of these blackout tents. I looked and I made sure that my phone, the one that I had the thermal in, was at one hundred percent, and it absolutely was one hundred percent. Thermal is on, and I've got it down in my lap. I hear this thing coming up, and I hear it pause exactly where I want it. It sounded like because I could hear the fence move a little bit like it put its hands on the fence. And as soon as that happened, I lifted up my phone to do the thermal. One's dead completely sapped of energy. I do what you would call a reload, like a mag reload. But I pulled my other phone out, pop the thermal onto it, power it up, and I bring that one up and it goes dead too. I don't know what to say about that other than oh, my gosh, are you kidding me? Of course, this is what's happening, right, But this one, now, I'm like, oh, what have I done. I'm scared because there's this thing out there right. I can't even tell you how many times it swore. I was just like, this is the dumbest idea I've ever had in my entire life. And I'm telling you that this thing's just standing there and I can feel it. I can't hear anything, but I can feel it. I can feel that it's there. Now, I'm gonna get a little woo on everyone, But this is my story and this is where I'm telling it, right. So I had a I guess what you would call a near death experience when I was in the military. I drowned in open ocean. I was a reconnaissance marine in the Marine Corps. We would find and scuba dive all the time. There was stationed at Cambellgion in North Carolina and one day we're finning. We do a whole combat load with US sometimes and we tie that combat load off to us with five point fifty cords, and you waterproof your backpack. When you do that, the backpack floats, and it's just training, so you have resistance. My waterproofing failed that day, and it took me down under and I couldn't fight it. It took me down. I'm telling you, I don't know what it was, but I could not free myself from that five fifty line. I couldn't cut it. I even had my die knife out, which I sharpened later on after I got rescued. It would not cut through that cord. And I just remember everything going black and I was shockingly calm. That was all training though. Then the next thing I know, I wake up on the safety boat just puke in my guts out over the side because they had got me breathing again. It's not like I had a near death experience where I like talk to Jesus or had anything happen. But ever since that's happened, I've been able to see auras around people. I can tell what type of mood they're in now, not through TV. It's always in person. I can only do it in person. I can't even do it through my glasses. I hunt a decent amount too. I can see a deer if they have an aura as well. I don't know what that means, but they have an aura, and even if it's dark out, but I know there's a deer there because I've done it the tests with thermal where I've seen a deer and I brought the thermal down and I could see the aura around the deer even in the dark. I know this thing is in front of me. I'm on the verge of having a nervous breakdown because I feel this thing there. And I also can tell you that it didn't have an aura, so that to me just made it that much worse. I don't know what that means exactly, but it did not have an aura. I couldn't see it. And I can tell you that everything that I know that it's physical in this world, I can see its aura. I guess I haven't looked for auras and fish and bugs, but mammals and stuff I can see them. This thing did not have it, so it was scary to me. I just remember sitting there, everything was buzzing, Yeah, never go out again, but it myself like that.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting that you obviously had this we call a near death experience. I've talked to people that have had things similar to that happen after having something like that, so I think that's a very interesting thing that you're able to do.
Speaker 4: At this point. I don't really consider that WU.
Speaker 3: People do. Plenty of people do, trust me. I don't think it of it as WU either, But thanks for validating me there, Ryan.
Speaker 4: You are so welcome.
Speaker 1: You've been validated, which means absolutely nothing that in eight dollars at.
Speaker 4: Starbucks, a good you, a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: What I consider WU, and I want to get into this a little bit with you before we get out of here, is some of the other high strangeness things, the orbs, the weird things that go along with these creatures. Sometimes it's in conjunction with these encounters. Sometimes it's before, sometimes it's after, but there are weird or high strangeness things that go along with this. People believe these things disappear in front of their eyes. I'm not talking about camouflage. I'm not talking about being able to blend with the environment. I'm talking people have physically claimed to see them evaporate. In lack of a better term, that is some weird shit to me. I've actually done follow up videos because I've posted videos from things that I've found here on the property. Which's one footprint. The first footprint that I ever physically cast myself was here on our property in North Carolina three plus years ago. It was one single footprint in the middle of a path that I walked the dogs every day. Of course, as soon as I posted a video, they're like, oh, yeah, that makes perfect sense. You had bigfoot on a pogo stick, right, big dude, right, Yes, No, jackass. It has to do with the substrate, because six inches to the right or left or even in front of this print was higher ground our properties, not level. I actually went out and physically showed people how it had rained a couple of days before. This was a low spot where water had collected. Absolutely, I went out there and jumped up and down multiple times on video right next to I'm talking four to six inches away from this priant and you could see nothing.
Speaker 3: I've seen one where it was like tracks in the snow, and then all of a sudden, it's gone, I'm like, that's kind of weird, but it is a different thing.
Speaker 1: You're right, And I don't know where to put that. I don't know what box to put that in because it is weird and high strangeness, but all of these other things that go along. I've literally interviewed a guy in the past who said he saw one of these creatures coming off of a freaking UFO that had landed in the middle of the woods.
Speaker 4: I don't know where to put that.
Speaker 3: I don't know yet there.
Speaker 1: When you're doing your research and I know you auras, And obviously people think this guy's bad shit crazy because he says he could see oors. But where do you put that high strange and stuff when you do hear other stories. I've told it so many times recently people are probably tired of hearing me talk about my experiences last summer. The weird part of that was we saw two sets of glowing white eyes. I literally did an episode yesterday of that Bigfoot podcast I recorded with doctor Hogan Chirot something like four thousand hours he spent in the wilderness with chimps, other primates, gorillas. We were having this conversation about this high strangeness, this weird part of Bigfoot. Yeah, and you just don't know where to put some of the things that happen. I guess it comes down to this, when you're talking about those things that are outside of what we understand to be normal. How do you approach that in this subject when you're doing research. Do you dismiss that whole cloth? Do you think there might be some other things going on, or do you think it's part of the phenomenon. And it's possible that these creatures may have some of these abilities light glowing eyes, because it's one of the things that came up in that conversation is human beings don't have it to pay them loose to them. We don't have the eyeshine that deer, cats, dogs, other creatures in the wild, even spiders. You go out at night in the woods here and you shine a flashlight on the ground. It is frightening how many spiders are standing back at you because they're reflecting the light from the flashlight. We don't have that as humans. Apes don't have that. Great apes don't have that ability because they don't have the physical thing in your eye that to pay them loose to them. That causes that effect. So glowing eyes is a weird thing, and I know where I was going Earlier that conversation I was having with Hogan, I said to him, I've said it so many times. I haven't seen all of the footage that we were recording at the time this happened, when we had this encounter, I have seen something in the video. There is light in front of us. It's quick, it's fast, but it's there. So I know I'm not crazy. And I told Hogan the other day, I said, look, in the heat of the moment, very much like your story earlier. You said, I don't know if I freaking made up this big log or this big ass plaque or whatever. Right, So I said to him, is it possible that someone had ambient light? Was it from one of the cameras. Was somebody's flashlight on maybe not pointing there that was causing this to be reflected back to us and it wasn't self illuminating. That's possible. I'm open to that because it could have been the thing that was going on. But I do believe that what I saw was bioluminescence or these glowing white eyes. That's some weird shit. Man, that doesn't happen. I don't know where to file that away. And that happened to me obviously, You've had some weird stuff happen. How do you approach that as a researcher investigator looking into this. Is it something you say, Okay, I'm going to dismiss that, or I'm going to take that data and say that's something new.
Speaker 4: How do you approach the WU and the high strangeness.
Speaker 3: I take it and stride. I would never discard that, and so many people do though. They just push it off to the side and they're like, that doesn't fit within my paradigm. I can't do that. This podcast that I do started as a sasquatch podcast. I just can't stay within it, right. I can't stay within the confines because to me, I've dealt with and experienced too many things that make me question all of that. I'm not saying that there's not a bipedal Harry eight and that's what we're actually dealing with, but there's something more to that, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more Sasquatch out Toesy. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: What that is exactly? We all have theories, and theories are like assholes. We all have them, right, and usually they probably stink. But at the end of the day, I think my motto is I don't know anything, so I have to look at everything with an open mind. And as soon as you start shutting those things down, I think you're missing it. I think you're missing probably ninety percent of what's happening, because if you shut it out, you're not going to experience it. At least that's my opinion. I really have had some seriously weird experiences, not just sasquatch, but paranormal stuff because I'm open to it. I think that certain things happen to folks that are and then people be like, I think you might be delusional, maybe you're making it up, or maybe your brain is making it up. I always counter with the fact that I am a trained observer. This is what I did for a living. I would go into contested areas and sketch targets and stuff right my entire job as a reconnaissance marine, then as a police officer, to see things that other people don't see. Right, ye have as much discernment. It's absolutely possible, and that the one thing I've gotten very good at is not letting my emotions take me out of that and being able to sit in the moment and be comfortable enough to be coherent in how I approach this, so fear doesn't affect me the same way that it does other people, because I've trained to myself to not be that way. So, yes, there are some weird things that go on out there. I've had some orb stuff happen in the woods. I have no idea. I can't explain any of it, but I saw it, and I wasn't the only one that was there that saw it, so at least I know it's not a complete figment of my imagination. That's where I would file all that stuff, is that you've got to put it at least as a side note or a footnote and be like, this is part of this experience, whether I even believe it myself, this is something important to this and I need to at least acknowledge it in the research, in the data, because let's be honest, data matters. There's folks out there. I don't know if you got to meet her in Gallinburg. Her name's Terrestrial. She does the Sasquatch data project I should have introduced you to. She takes actual data from sightings and stuff and crunches those numbers, and her data is amazing. And she's got things that deal with eyeshine and the color of the eye shine and stuff like that color of the fur. That data is pretty amazing. I've tried to hook up her with the gentleman that does the Bigfoot mapping project. I've interviewed him and his Texas Siding's pretty awesome. There's just as much non tangible things, but people need to give it credence.
Speaker 4: We mentioned you show a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Tell everybody really quickly about your podcast, Broadcasting Seeds, where they can find it and what they can expect when they go check it out.
Speaker 3: So Broadcasting Seeds is the podcast, and you can find it at broadcasting seeds dot com or any of the podcast players YouTube. Sometimes when I remember, I try to do Rumble too, but YouTube and where you can find all the other podcasts, Apple, Spotify, the whole gamut awesome.
Speaker 1: I will link to it in the show notes right here. All you guys have to do is click it, go over and check it out. Show them some love over on YouTube. Watch a few videos, leave them some comments, and do some liking over on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Thanks so much for coming on home. I've had a blast talking to you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you having men. I've been a fan of your show for years.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it very much, my friend.
Speaker 5: They say you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay. I don't want to be out that.
Speaker 6: Job, this job, Chid everything, Wait king back for joy for me, joy staying right.
Speaker 3: You come in.
Speaker 5: Right away, Sissie still sat side side stay, stay, stills gas and games and start plays and pst start my side, gainstusts pass