Speaker 1: Went back baby season three and I said it would have last.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm George Atha, thanks.
Speaker 3: And I'm Nick, and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tell us what it is.
Speaker 4: It's the quick Hands podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last.
Speaker 5: That's why George w sted off the Panthers season now Gusts and Country first year is a corner. We don't walk past Nicks. It have been in shambules since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty takes a clinch only team.
Speaker 4: Let's see success. This path is getting rich. The Broncos keep on taking loss of times. Heading this.
Speaker 5: I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. It said that that has to sit there for water. His defeat Friday night food.
Speaker 4: In eas tip.
Speaker 5: It's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see watch you running for the team. I ain't playing in the NFL.
Speaker 4: We only mess with the league, getting tries every day.
Speaker 5: Time we kill never seem I'm super cooking with all these hands. I cast him on to day.
Speaker 4: George, Nick, Tony Arthur to the stage.
Speaker 3: Please welcome back Quick Hands Regulated Podcast. This is the part that tells it like it is. Season three, episode eleven, Tenure George, welcome, guys, Hey, we're back now. Ardie Tonight unfortunately is getting ready, but his daughter's waiting on Saturdays. Things to do and sit here and argue with us.
Speaker 1: He's getting ready for a wedding today. Mayhem, mayhem at the Ardia house. I go in. I was there on Sunday, may may good luck to it.
Speaker 2: That is everyone? Good? Good? What?
Speaker 1: What a sensational week of rugby league? Absolutely sensational. Besides one bl blower, the rest were I don't know. The rest were interesting, intriguing, the new, the new, the new style of rugby league.
Speaker 2: I get a lead and then I'll run you down, So I'm sure we'll get to that. Yeah, how about you. Ten's your week?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 6: Busy, And that's on Tuesday. I keep forgetting the days ever since we had all those short weeks because we have an extra day up here, Labor day, so we have last Monday. Yeah, three short weeks and then a full week and then another short week, which is just a nightmare?
Speaker 2: Is for work? You mean? Mmmm?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't get paid on your leave.
Speaker 2: You pay yourself.
Speaker 6: I gotta pay myself where I go to work.
Speaker 2: It's good to be back in the studio, George good, isn't it? Yes? Last week was interesting.
Speaker 1: I guess the necessity, but there's nothing like, nothing like having something to eat before and I'm into the room and having two on the big screen.
Speaker 3: Let's go now, not here. He gives the good thing of the week. Either one of you were off for something else. I'm enjoying the rugby league. It's settled down now and there's a pattern. So I'm enjoying the rugby league. I'm actually sitting down and I'm not knowing who's going to win. I have no idea. Sometimes no I no I did.
Speaker 1: And you know what, when he's twenty Neil or thirty four Neil, I think the team is one.
Speaker 2: Guess what I'm wrong. I'm wrong. I'm wrong too. So yeah, that's rugby league. I'm enjoying the rugby league.
Speaker 6: We're gonna we're gonna talk about it. But it was completely insane.
Speaker 2: It was insane this week, wild yourself, Nicola, what do you got the myself?
Speaker 3: What's what's in your bind? What's in my bin? It's a funny one. This week the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Draam Louise dad Or posted on Instagram after the Tiger's got walloped sixty four Neil he posted get out claws activated. So it's nice to see dram Leui being on the receiving end of an Instagram post. It makes it look like an idiot because he's the one who's usually doing it. So like father, like son together they take two hours or sixty minutes again Central Stilly, think I've got.
Speaker 2: A good laugh.
Speaker 3: That that was good, that was funny. Let's rip in the controversy corner.
Speaker 2: So this afternoon Brandon Smith's rooster, Oh really, it's over.
Speaker 3: He's going to continue, he's rehab there. I'm not sure when he'll be ready to play. I don't know if you.
Speaker 1: Know, back end of the year apparently so after origin. So good luck to him. He never never really worked there at the Roosters, and now he's with master Coach super Coach, so hopefully he'll have a happier time because he's a quality regular player.
Speaker 2: And they're doing So what did I say, Brandon Smith a rooster? I mean a rabbit? Rabbit? Sorry I'm wrong, No, no, I said, I said, yeah, he's going to the Rabbits. The Rabbit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might be a good good move because he's been the wilderness for a while now, so.
Speaker 3: They're doing a bit of a clean now, said Tom Young. Apparently he's going to the Knights, but they've hit a bit of a stumbling block back to the Knights. Yeah, but they've hit a bit of a stumbling block over over money, so it's kind of stuck in the wilderness at the moment.
Speaker 2: Dom Young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting that that didn't work out either. So I find it intriguing that roosters usually get the men that they want and get the right human being, but they got it wrong the last couple of years they've got wrong. And thank god they didn't get David Petter because that would have been the wrong move too, I think. But the Dom Young intriguing because at night he looked like it could be anything, and at the Roosters he didn't look like a first grade at stages. So so he's.
Speaker 2: Going to go eventually. Yeah, today, no Young is going. It's going to go, I think. So yeah, it's yeah, just just some money.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, he's got three years there, so they're gonna have to chip in.
Speaker 3: Well, they're taking a million bucks out of the Rooster's cap by taking him back.
Speaker 2: Obviously it's on five hundred.
Speaker 3: A season, but there's been a disagreement over how much for this year. So this apparently the Knights kind of retracted what they had initially agreed to do, and Robo today broke about it. Not happy, not happy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, there are obviously clean cleaning clearing the decks olf for something.
Speaker 2: I wonder what that could be. Well, he's going to be not officiated good, but you can beat your house on it.
Speaker 6: He'll be going to break my heart.
Speaker 3: He'll be if, he'll be if what you want him to. The Dolphins have already pulled out. The Dolphins have already pulled out of the race.
Speaker 6: About him wearing a rooster's jersey.
Speaker 2: The Dolphins have already pulled out of the race, so it's a dune deal.
Speaker 1: They clear they're clearing the decks out for something too, obviously, so apparently are sand and Smith. They're showing him the door as well, which I can't believe they're shining in the door, but they're shopping him around, so they're obviously clear clearing the decks for something. So if you talk too together, it must be d C.
Speaker 6: Because who's going Jared, Who's going in d C is from Camber. Again we talked about last week. Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 2: I like he's good. What about the wet ballgate? Tell me about it? You just told me so.
Speaker 3: Initially the Panthers were caught the Panthers trainer was caught spraying the ball before they were playing it right, But then the Cowboys were caught doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: Of course, I bet, I bet if we get cameras. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but a bit if we if.
Speaker 1: We get cameras on all the trainers, half of them will be doing I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure they trained. I'm sure they trained with wet balls. That doesn't sound good. But you know they've all got sweaty hands.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't see what you know. We're not talking about the laced up leather like so was like bowling balls like NiCoT. I remember them. They were so heavy. If someone through your hands, if someone through a miss got to pass, and that he and they you're on the ground for five minutes. If you hit you on the headway wet, right, Well.
Speaker 6: I am. Corey was like, A you're going to talk about this on the party. And because I've just been like flat out with like the book and other stuff, I hadn't even I was a bit sick yesterday and I didn't even read it and I was reading into it and I was like and then I you know, the trainers can't touch the balls. And then I watched the because however I currently got brought up was someone was videoing it, some random person in the crowd was videoing it. And then it's just been But I don't know if anything's happened.
Speaker 2: Nothing happened, nothing.
Speaker 3: Except I don't think there's anything to it. Man, the balls wet, the balls dry. Yeah, I don't think it.
Speaker 1: Might have got a warning and that's about it. But it looks I think it's a big enough incident too, you know, move the noodles. So it's a good talking point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we know obviously now that Western Australia will be hosting the eighth team, the Perth Bears. Yeah, and they's talk about who the coach may be and now they're talking Malminiger.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're not number one, number one. I've got a size spot. I had a so spot back in the day for the Bear. So I'm happy about the Bears being back in the competition because they've sort of got a rough end of the plane. Yeah, and I think Perth is the perfect place afore a rugby league team.
Speaker 2: Now a coach, I should call them the Northwest Bears.
Speaker 1: North call them anything man obviously, the Black and the Black and guy the Black and Red back now coach. Now, I understand what now Maw might be in the.
Speaker 2: Mix as a figurehead.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'll be catching anything besides beside the nights out.
Speaker 3: I've got a lot of respect from But as a coach, No, he's not going to be.
Speaker 2: He's not club coach. He's not going to be.
Speaker 3: He's had one gig in his entire career at Camera, which was a dismal failure. Both, even though they will both deny it, both parties agreed to move him on right, and he's he's he's never coached any other club ever. Why would he be interested in doing it now? He's put his hands up, What's what's his private agenda here? He's never shown any interesting club coaching up until now. Right, he's let's be honest. He's coached Queensland to twenty five series in a row, but every time and ten you tell me if I'm wrong. Every time the camera went to the change rooms at halftime, Michael Hagan was addressing the team and Malo was standing in the court.
Speaker 2: Well I still be there with him. I don't know, so I just think it's the wrong option. If you want, you know, if you want a public profile, get him over there in some capacity.
Speaker 3: But you want to get you you want him to start losing every week and then get him over there as a coach.
Speaker 1: Look, you know what the original coach they had suggested Originally, I'll go, Oh, it doesn't matter. But what I've seen him do in England Bred Arthur is the best fit. I think he'd be a good fit, best fit to bring up a young team or to breed some youngsters as well.
Speaker 2: If you want profile, I get it. Profile, I get it.
Speaker 3: But he's I don't understand why he's interested in coaching.
Speaker 2: No idea, He's never been interested for decades. No, he did it for five minutes a camera, it didn't work out. And he's the current autraining coach, so he's got a gig anyway.
Speaker 3: I mean, we could coach. Sure, let's be honest, you're picking the best players in the country. Look except for the ones you go and play for small Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't know what we'll see. I think that's going to get resolved very quickly in the next week. Yeah, the coach, I think they need to.
Speaker 3: It's only it's only a year and a half away, so they better hurry out so close.
Speaker 2: Yes, so.
Speaker 6: Twenty seven last year or was I just try?
Speaker 2: I think the Dolphins were rushed in pretty quickly, and.
Speaker 1: We had a year and a half as well to get a squad and they and you know what, considering how short the time the Dolphins had, they've done pretty well. Mind you, the Dolphins had a base, you know what I mean, you're already there. Yeah, they're already there. They've got a bunch of kids to pick from. I mean, so it's a bit, it's a bit, it's a bit unfair, but w A, he's got to start from scratch, So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: But they've got they've gotta they've got to sort the coach out.
Speaker 1: I hope it's Brad Arthur, but if it's mal, I hope Brad Arthur's with him.
Speaker 2: I b or Hagen. I hope Hagen's with him. So that's what all happened.
Speaker 1: He'll get, he'll get if it is him, he'll get some stuff underneath him and he'll be okay.
Speaker 2: But look, why would you're picking? But anyway, it's it's mal anyway, it's it's so, do you guys want to talk Origin now? After let's Origin, let's talk now? When is the team picked this Sunday? No? Yeah, yeah, well Queensland Sun Sunday Monday, Yes, the same, the same scenario. So next Tuesday we'll have the team, the team list in front of us. But we but we can speculate. We've got we've got our own predicted lineups, predicted lineups. Wants to go first, let's let's talk in general. Haven't we talking to your South? I was you're okay too, we're talking yourself os first, look at that face. You'll get your gut, you'll get your gut.
Speaker 6: Quiet during Origin, I'm Michael.
Speaker 2: The ones.
Speaker 6: We have a bet this year you have the biggest listeners as well in your South. Well, they don't get offended easily.
Speaker 1: She's right, mind mind you. We've got another Queensland on board. I noticed we've got an email from the North of England. So that must that must be Queensland too, isn't it. That must be Queensland. So yeah, Queensland is jumping on to the fullback.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The income the income in his Edwards of course, yeah, okay. But what does Teddy have to do? Yep, no, no, Look Teddy one point five try involvements, one try, assist the game, two hundred meters seven tackle bus What more do you want to what more do you want the guy to do than?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Now I've got to put on my my.
Speaker 2: What's the coaches called again? What's his name? Our coach? Daily?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna put a Daily coach, I've gotta. So there's two there's two ways of thinking who I think I should be in the team. And Daily is a unique individual. So and we saw that from the last time he had the the team. Now, I like what you said, Nicola, Teddy, Yeah, fantastic, He's going to pick He's going to pick Edwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll pick Edwards.
Speaker 1: I would pick Edwards because not that I don't want I think Teddy's been playing better, but you can't go back to the future now you're gone forward this. I'll forget Papper housing Pappenhausen as well. He's been lighting it up. I don't look, I don't think they'll pick him, but he's got to be in the conversation surely. See what do you think.
Speaker 6: The only thing I heard about Pappenhausen sorry, which is completely irrelevant and separate and totally tea. But he broke up with his girlfriend last week. So I had.
Speaker 3: The best game of his career on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I think that will get him over the line that I think. I reckon.
Speaker 3: I'd be happy to go with him. I just reckon. I reckon, you're going to go with the Safety office.
Speaker 1: I think they'll go with it. I think they'll go. You say Teddy, Yeah, okay, it's gonna be interested next week. You say Teddy, I say Edwards and t you're saying for yourself. I was fallback. I know you don't care, but I don't like him.
Speaker 2: You say Teddy.
Speaker 6: So we've got two for Teddy one last ah, maybe.
Speaker 1: Look like you know until what round ten? Now he's been playing. He's the best fullback in the comp now. But I don't believe I'll go back to the future. Really, Dan't I got that. Look, I wrote down Teddy's stats because I just wanted to show everybody because I didn't I didn't expect you to go to Teddy to show you that he's got the number one stats in the game as a fallback. But anyway, interesting Teddy, you can't go wrong. Wingers, This is going to be interesting Wingers. We've got Taha, which I think is a moral. Yeah, okay, Lomax? Is he is he in this week? Is he is good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: We got Lomax. Now daily Hat Turbo must be in the mix. And this is coming from me Carraz with four offloads of game six tackle bus and to over two hundred meters running meters, I think that's probably the four to choose.
Speaker 2: Now, moral, I'd say he has to be you going going.
Speaker 1: Laurie daily Hat, knowing how he thinks he's going to He's going to pick Herbert.
Speaker 3: I think I've got Max if he has a good, good game on the weekend.
Speaker 2: I say, Lomax this gut my gun. Is his named on the wing too? Yeah? Is he this weekend?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Lomax is the obvious this player obviously he was playing great up until five weeks ago.
Speaker 1: He's playing he was playing great. But what you've got is you've got a kicker. Then you've got an attacking threat. When they put bombs up, he's he's the he's the one. He's the best bomb retriever in the in the game. So he's an attacking weapon. But it's a old pick. But knowing Laurie, I've got this gut feeling he's going to pick Turbot. Turbot who looks injured, and I don't think he's played all law season. But you know what, how he thinks the turbot can do things that other players can't do. I heard him on the radio. I heard him on his end, So that's why I say that.
Speaker 2: But I'm with you. I think too much for risk. Yeah, I'm with I'm with you. I'm with you. I think I think, I think lime expert. I don't know how Laurie thinks to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like it would be like I don't. I don't think they're going to have Turber. I'm glad that Artie is not on tonight. Yeah, So yeah, I don't know. I think for you guys, because you're you're more familiar with the guys. But I would probably definitely Toll as well. Okay, because here we came back last week.
Speaker 1: You know what, he's going to have another run this week.
Speaker 2: They're all underdone.
Speaker 1: They're all underdone. He's gonna have another run this week. But what offers is something two things you need in a in an Origin team, because don't forget this is we think that when you watch Origin it's sparkling attack. No, the sixty percent of the game you're kind of cutting it out of your red zone. You're getting out of your You're in bad ball. So you need you need guys who you or your outside backs need to do meters. That's why I questioned Turbo, and I prefer Lomax, but guys like Taho will come and get you a cheap ten fifteen meters.
Speaker 6: What was lomax soft for?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 6: What was low MacSoft? Because he's back.
Speaker 2: This fractured foot is her an injury?
Speaker 1: Yeah, fractured food. Yeah, let's see him play this week and maybe he'll play good enough for Laurie to say, yep, that's where I'm going. But how does this gud feeling? And you know what I'll say it again. He's not going to get picked. But Carras must be in the conversation. His time is not not here yet. I'd say his time's on here, but he's got to be in the conversation. Okay, So that's wingers, Senators, sentaers. We have Critter, which is a moral uh Latrell, that's Laurie daily hat and look best. Probably it's not at his best as a punt, but I don't think you'll let us down. Is there any other senters you can think of?
Speaker 2: I've got Mitchell and but that's what Lauria is going to do.
Speaker 6: Reckon see which kriton the can?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, what do you think.
Speaker 6: I'm going with you guys. I just want to hear the next opinion on this mine you're giving asking me to comment on your South Wales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna comment on Queens. I would go to the troue. Mitchell and Stephen the two best options we have.
Speaker 2: Well will too.
Speaker 1: I mean Crington probably showed us last week that is one of the least centers in the game. And and Latrell can do things that other centers can't do. Now when he decides to do him he doesn't, you know what I mean, But if we can, we can dial him in. Well yeah, yeah, and I'm hoping that they can dial him in. Let's move on from the centers and and we go halves and and we've got these are the harves.
Speaker 2: We've got.
Speaker 1: We've got Cleary, We've got Mitch. Kat has got to be, got to be in the conversation. I don't believe I'll pick him. And off the back of last week, which we'll talk, which we'll talk soon, Nico, I wouldn't pick him, but he might be in the conversation.
Speaker 2: Knowing Lourie daily No way, Lorry is a funny blow.
Speaker 3: I'm with you in common. They've played one good game, play one game every two months.
Speaker 2: He did play well.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so we've I guess, I guess it's a it's a lady down bros down thing here Mitch at six and I'll say Nathan at s. Yeah, that's what's going to happen. And it doesn't matter if they're left or right, because I'll switch anyway. I'll switch anyway.
Speaker 2: I'll follow each other.
Speaker 1: And and when you got the scrum base, I assume yo and Cleary, you know what.
Speaker 2: You're assuming Yah will be the lock. I'm assuming a lot. You know again again, Yeah, maybe not, I don't know. I mean, Laurie's a strange human being. Uh.
Speaker 1: It excites me because just to see Mitch just sitting back waiting for for his opportunity because he's a run and gun sort of half and Nathan sort of controlling and going square. Uh, and and Mitch getting the ball and running over lines. That's going to excite me. I can't wait to see it because I don't think they've ever played together, not that I'm aware of, no, so that that excites me. I would, I would really do you really like for them to take Katawa into camp in the extended squad so they can get a taste of it. And is only twenty years old. But I think he's a special human human being. H props, it's interesting. Look at all the props we've got pay huss lay down, Bizet, laid down moral yoror may Terrell may mate. We'll talk about tur made at the moment. Barnett never heard of Bynette the Warriors player Spencer Lenu.
Speaker 2: And I got him on the bench. Yeah me too. Max King with.
Speaker 1: Sixty four post meters and one hundred and sixty one hundred and sixty.
Speaker 2: Eight running meters a game.
Speaker 1: He might be in the conversation you saw, you said, May May does a hundred and eighty murders and he plays seventy three.
Speaker 7: Minutes, the only playing in a much weaker team. Yeah. The only little slight hesitation I have from May is that for origin, he might not have enough leg speed. I could be wrong, I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Is that a fantastic Yeah, yeah, no, No, he's he's he's up there with he's up there with with Hess and the Coronella front rower. So in the front rows, and I've got to chuck this this guy in because again he's the incoming captain Jake Travovich, not for.
Speaker 2: I don't even have him in the in the same suburb. I agree, just because he's the current is the current. That's the case.
Speaker 3: We'll go with the incumbent half back then, which yeah, no, I'm saying Jake Werbich cannot be considered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree, that would be no. Agree dat he's already lost his job once. That's true, that's true. He's a strange human being. He's a strange human being. He does strange pick sometimes.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're saying, uh, paining huss and Terror mate, that's me.
Speaker 2: I don't know who you have.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I got huss and May and I got buy Net off the bench.
Speaker 2: That's what Hooker. That's interesting. It can only be one anyone for me. There's anyone option everyone. Robson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, we all write that, but yeah, Robson is going to be the looker. He's just going to be going to be hooker. And we got back rollers. It's going to be fun back rolls. Now, the the incumbent is Angus Crichton and Martin.
Speaker 3: I just said, like, this is one thing I hate about the State of Origin Game one. It's when we're talking about incumbent it's a year apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the guys who who have done the job once I have.
Speaker 2: I have Liam Martin, and I've got Young on the I've got Young on the bench.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you why the other candidates. I don't think he's there. Have you noticed Lucas from the Knights the background?
Speaker 2: Not enough to play Origin?
Speaker 1: He's probably he's probably not.
Speaker 2: In front of some of the other names.
Speaker 1: He is not there, and I've thrown it in just because he's a doggy Preston. I got him on my bench and he's in. He's suspended, he can't really. Yeah, but what I'm what I'm suggesting that can bring him. Yeah, so I suggest that they could. They could bring him in the extended squat to get a taste.
Speaker 3: So if that's the case, I would replace him with Max King on the bench there.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, but I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree with with you Crichton, And I know you didn't have Angus Crichton.
Speaker 2: Did you know he's in my squad, So Martin and you had Martin and Hudson Young, yeah, and Isaiah Locke a lock.
Speaker 1: I had Martin and uh Angus Crichton in the background. And I've got Huts and Young coming off the bench because i need that momentum and lot. Yeah, yeah, I agree, we've got Oh, by the way, you said Hooker and I agree with you. Reys Robson undoubtedly the the other guy that could have a sort of a look in a young bloke, which I do think they'll go with break Blake Brayley.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I've got I've got Hooker cover on the bench. Anyway, your hooker covered the bench.
Speaker 2: I think I know who that is, and we go, We're going going bench now.
Speaker 3: So what if I've got Preston who I forgot wasn't eligible, so I replaced him with Max King, okay, and Cameron McInnis.
Speaker 2: Cameron McGinn Camer McGinnis. Yeah, yeah, okay. Do you think a drink you will get a look in? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got I've got Watson, I've got Spencer, and I've got Hudson on the on the bench. I've got drinking from an impact player. But you might be right, he's probably too far away. You'd probably got a nosebley jumping on the plane coming to in the a t.
Speaker 6: Drink just to just to interject, or we can actually do to like finish the new South Wales team. But do you think, because you know, I get very suspicious anyway with the n r L, do you think that there is a consideration when these things are happening that if they want a particular team to win or be in the top four, would they consider not having them play?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: I don't reckon, no really, no, well everything else is dodgy.
Speaker 2: No, No, yeah, you're right, but no, I.
Speaker 6: Believe everything else is the one thing they're really honest about. Still, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are they not honest about.
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: Look, answer the question.
Speaker 6: It talked about controversy, corner we is seen all of these ridiculous.
Speaker 2: But you're alluding to Queensland bias. Agains Queensland right, even though they won most of.
Speaker 6: The we we get a lot of Yeah. I love that. And if we do lose this year, which I don't think we will, I will be bringing up my three page document of all the winds that we've had.
Speaker 2: And you can do that while you're wearing jersey to rest assured. Rest assured.
Speaker 1: Origin doesn't work if Queensland not there, all Queensland doesn't win all Queensland's there's some drama or something in Queensland. Origin isn't about yourself? Well, origent is definitely one about Queensland.
Speaker 6: It was about New South Wales for quite some time.
Speaker 1: I did have someone say to me, I know.
Speaker 6: He did no, no, no, I mean prior like when New South Wales he was like, ten, you know what, technically we have won more games and I'm like that when you guys were playing with yourselves literally and figuratively in your South Wales before the competition was brought to Queensland. That doesn't count.
Speaker 3: But there was an interstate competition for years before the origin Yeah.
Speaker 6: Into New South Wales, but we don't call that state of origin Queensland New South Wales.
Speaker 2: Did you look up the Grasshopper?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I had it on my story.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about bides?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yeah, it's funny. I've got a really bad memory. I remember moments and seconds, but I remember like games. I mean very few games. I remember the very first state of origin. Can't forget it. Not in eighty eighty It was my fifth birthday, was your fifth birthday?
Speaker 2: There you go. I'll never I'll never forget it.
Speaker 1: And it took a while to get traction down here. You've probably got tractions straight away and quick plan. But look what it's Look what it is now, Look what it is now. We got it bentioned, and we'll compare. We'll compare the teams, our team compared to the to the one coming out on Monday or next the next pod, and see what Lurie comes up with.
Speaker 2: Let's say Lorry stays on track, because.
Speaker 1: Like I said, it does some weird and wonderful decisions Laurie about let's go Queensland. T Let's go Queensland. I've got my I've got my Queensland team picked as well.
Speaker 6: You know, I hate how it kind of starts straight after magic round and and you know, I think we're seeing more of the impact on both sides anyway lately, with all the injuries and suspensions and everything else. Like everyone in the next two weeks has to play perfectly and dance to the rest tune. Who does not get held up for any of their mistakes or bad calls, otherwise they risk being suspended. You know, So I don't know this. We can talk about predicted team. Let's hope that everyone has behaved in this list.
Speaker 2: Sure there will be I'm sure they'll be on their best behavior.
Speaker 6: All of them.
Speaker 1: When you we're talking refs, and I'll throw this up, you know, blind the sharp the last six uh you know, challenge video challenges, captain's challenges. She got five wrong. Yeah, let me suggest that she's not up to it. And if I see her plane ref in the first grade again, you're probably right.
Speaker 2: There is some sort of road going on. At best, at best I.
Speaker 6: Think I thought it was interesting she's refing her brother's game, But I guess it is what it is, right. But I am a lot of people outside of this podcast are very irritated with all the ref calls.
Speaker 3: Oh you too, well, I've got a front row seat to Casey Badger the other night and she's blind the bat. The number of forward passes I saw from both teams, and she was on the sideline fans, one of the fans with flags these forward pass they were right in front of her both teams, especially from dummy half.
Speaker 6: Packed stadium stadiums or state of Origin. And you have a bunch of very avid n R ELSE supporters that you know, most people that enjoy like that aren't die hards like us, still are aware of Origin, still will go to Origin if they don't make all the other game or their teams game. And if you have a pat stadium of those supporters and you have bad raft palls during Origin, people will throw hands all these bad rough calls At the moment. Obviously people are popping off about, but they really need to get the best rest during Origin because there will be people arguing and getting very upset in the stadium.
Speaker 2: We haven't got good rift.
Speaker 1: We can't talk about it, obviously because the Vilanda says, we can't talk about it, but we haven't got any good refts.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Oh don't everything.
Speaker 1: I've got to the stage where when I see the Nicks still complaining about forward passes, I've got to a stage that I'm numb. Now I know it's going to happen. And like when you get told or when you get shown something and gets let go, you get to the stage where I'll bugger it.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm getting to the stage I'm just getting worn down.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, well I've got to the stage where I'm saying to watch it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it's a separate conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand it, and I understand it, but I'm on the other side that I'm so worn down that I just accept it, which is pretty sad. Which is pretty sad. It's not the forward passes but gets me. I mean, that's not good.
Speaker 6: But I suggest to you, doesn't mean the hate like the high tackles and then the player doesn't get sent off for a hia and not to reignite Nick, but Herb's fake crush us.
Speaker 2: Well he was dead for two minutes. He didn't move, disgraceful.
Speaker 3: He got the penalty to give him an a point lead, and then he got up and jogged back in the position, and the game and the game liter the ship go. And I'm sitting there thinking, why am I he watching this.
Speaker 6: To be so obvious for it to be called or people really need to fire up about it. But then you have people that just winge like today go then they get you know, But.
Speaker 3: The worst, the worst part was it wasn't a harsh shot. It was a crusher. You don't get knocked out from a crusher.
Speaker 6: Send him off for a h I A.
Speaker 2: He was failing the wrong injury, and he was dead.
Speaker 1: He didn't move for She's right, if you get if if anyone lies down, they get normal.
Speaker 2: Normal will lie down, should.
Speaker 6: Off the back of the last few weeks. They will have riots in the stadium. Because I can look at a game impassively, like you know, I know we'll talk about Broncos, And I know whether a team, whether it's my team or not, has played well or not. I'm it's I'm big enough to go whether my team played.
Speaker 2: Well, I will I can.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: I love the Dolphins, but I was talking about the heavy thing, and I think that was a load of crap. That's not how you should play, even like the penrith ball tampering thing. And I'm just saying during Origin, they really need to really sort their ship out in terms of checking everything, otherwise fans will lose their minds in a good way.
Speaker 1: I sincerely hope that in Origin that don't put these tricks.
Speaker 3: Could it's the same ship every year? Come on Origin in the semis, a referee differently, will know that.
Speaker 1: I'll look referee differently. But doesn't mean that people are not going to lie down. So I had the players, yeah, work it out and and it's it's to their detriment because they need a role. Slowing the game down is not going to help not going to help their teams. But yeah, sorry, n we went off track.
Speaker 2: Queen so.
Speaker 6: Hunger obviously, but obviously while she is not going to be in, but I didn't think that based on his recent attempts at playing an RL, we're going to let him. Let him be in anyway. I'm kind kind of in betweens just go down here. Whether we have Hammer as another contender as well.
Speaker 2: As a fullback. I've got Pong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it will be ponger, but obviously if Pong is chosen, they'll move hopefully Hammer to the center.
Speaker 2: I've got him in the center.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, So I think Ponga for fullback. Yeah. Sorry, it's going to go through all of them. But what do you guys think for full back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the one. He's the obvious one. Nicola picked him as well, so he's the obvious one. If Reese was around, he would have been in the conversation. But I think Ponga with in a marine Jersey, will bring the best out of him.
Speaker 6: Rush next year though, Jay Gray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look maybe maybe not Joe, maybe not Joe, but we will.
Speaker 2: See who.
Speaker 6: Wingers Compierre as we all know he Actually it's good for Queensland based on the technicality. David Coates will get a spot.
Speaker 2: Coats. Yeah, definitely definitely Coats. I've got cos and married to Luggy. Yeah. I was going to say to Luggy, but yeah.
Speaker 1: And either one. You're not going wrong with all of those three. Either one is an excitement machine, speed machine, so why not?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Hasn't done much this year though, like he was, you know, I loved him last year. I think he's just obviously warming up and stuff, and he came back. I'm a little bit later, but I think you know, they'll they'll choose Murray, but obviously cho Murray.
Speaker 1: Murray Well coats Is is a machine. He's he scores, tries, he's a big strong wing on his schools tries like it's out of fashion. TELANGI. He's a big human being, and you need, like I said that, for the time you're carrying it. You're in dirty boy, you're carrying it out of your your red zone. So you need someone like to like you to carry So they'll they'll probably be him, I'll probably but either all other.
Speaker 6: And Senna's well obviously Hammer if anything insane changes, but if he for whatever reason goes to fallback for whatever reason, the other options obviously are homes and Cobbo.
Speaker 2: I've got Hammer and Valentine homes. Record.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know. I quite like Cobbo.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking as I'm looking at it, I'm thinking Corbo should probably be there the bench.
Speaker 2: He'll be in the mix, and you know what, he might even he might even.
Speaker 3: Be I think I'll lean on homes for experience, but Tobo would be a close second.
Speaker 6: I think, but are you choosing based on which team you want to win?
Speaker 3: Really, I'm choosing based on who I think will make the best coinsland, because when we beat him, I don't want any sos So.
Speaker 2: Colbo.
Speaker 1: Colbo tends to fall in and out of concentration, and when he plays.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of a it's a bit of a slob. It's carrying a bit of weight on him. I think that's just just the.
Speaker 2: Every short Mitchell is really fit.
Speaker 3: It looks fit, he looks fit. It's fitter than he has been. But he's still He's still. He's always got that weird body shape, isn't he He's around.
Speaker 6: Cobo is a workhorse, and I think, look, I love Hammer. I want to see him in the marine Jersey, and obviously Homes. I think if at times it's his last year, but Hammer that both both him and Cobbo just stuffed up a bit and Home, you know, Homes has been al right. I love Homes.
Speaker 2: He's playing World, Sir George. Yeah, the Halves.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'd love it if didn't started. But maybe bench Monster.
Speaker 2: I've got Monster and d C did on the bench to be honest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know. I feel I'm very conflicted.
Speaker 3: About the DC's form hasn't been great, but I still think he's the best. I mean, I wouldn't choose being Hume, but I still think he's the best option.
Speaker 6: He's injured and he'll be the oldest DC.
Speaker 1: Look you put you Draper Marangers on d C and they'll be back to his best. Don't worry about that. And with Monster, and look at the look of the people he's got around him, don't worry about it.
Speaker 6: I love Monster, He's great. But yeah, it didn't I really hope on the bench forwards, nicks Man crushed Tin.
Speaker 2: Of course he's so. He was so good on Saturday, but he was.
Speaker 6: With his sixy haircut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love I love is the best. No, I do not have I've got him on the bench. Okay, Yeah, I've got Pat Carrigan and I've got drum roll. Corey.
Speaker 1: The horse will be in the in the squad somewhere he'll be I think he'll be in the run on team. But the horse, the horse is killing it. He's a bit of a bit of what we like, a bit of a bit of a sea. We love seas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had Tino and Cod as prop Grant as hooker, Yeah, second row and karg is lock. I don't know if I want Jaden to after that abysmal games.
Speaker 2: I don't have him. I don't have him. M hm.
Speaker 6: I got both be Collins.
Speaker 3: Both and Tom Gilbert in the back row. Yeah no, no, sorry, my bench is dead and by the Waker and then I and A T.
Speaker 1: I got this strange, strange thought driving home. Why do why don't we put Monster full back so we can have Deer on the run on team?
Speaker 2: When was the last time he played full back? When he started? When he went to it was a yeah, how many years ago? Was out? Look one? He's still good, He's still good. We've got really started. I can't afford to lose another one.
Speaker 6: But I'm just saying last night, that's okay.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, I focused on forward tenure. You can't drive forward looking in the readium. I think I think I think Dean should be on the run on team.
Speaker 1: And can we can we take in the extended squad, the kid from the Cowboys, the center Perdue, just in the extended squad. You know what we we we made a couple of weeks ago, we made.
Speaker 2: A big, big, big thing.
Speaker 1: About young Galvin, and we've made an assumption over some glimpses that we've seen. He hasn't put a body of work, but Perdue has put starting to put a body of work together.
Speaker 2: And he's just as good, if not better than Lucky.
Speaker 1: So I would have him on the extended squad, not in the team, just to take and get a taste. I know he's only nineteen, but good's good.
Speaker 3: It's not apples for apples. Galvin played in the Woodenspoon team last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I get you, I get you, I get you. I understand them.
Speaker 6: To talk about. I know that it can be hidden miss having debutants on, but sometimes they go all right, but it's just starting, not that I play, but it would be such an intense experience.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't pick him in the team.
Speaker 1: To you all, I'm saying, he's getting amongst amongst all the all the boys there, so he can He's going to be in the eventually beat when you beat five years, he'll be in that team.
Speaker 6: What about Corey Hawsborough or for feeder, just as extended just in.
Speaker 2: Case the team, Yeah, the horses starting.
Speaker 1: You call him the horse, Well, I don't want to call him those other words because you know, I just don't want to do the baby and all the other things, like I don't want to call him to respectful.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to be respectful these days.
Speaker 6: I know the next two weeks are going to someone. You know, magically, three people that are supposed to be in the Queensland Origin team are just going to get suspended for high tackles, be Tina against Jig even though twice the size of him or something. And then.
Speaker 2: You just comes out of your at this time of year to see to see what happens.
Speaker 6: You'll be that it happens to you.
Speaker 2: Guys. Well, Preston is already suspended for four years. We're good, Yeah, we're good, Yes, we're good.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I want to see that same passion tea for the women's game as well. On Thursday. You'll be watching watch it. Surely you'll be watching it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I will be watching it. I know we were talking about it before the party started. I just haven't looked at all, like you know, all the players and all the news. I did look at them obviously, the controversies and stuff, but that if that was my fantasy state of Ogion team. That's what it would be. Ideally, I would love it if Jie Gray wasn't there. But next year I won't.
Speaker 3: I won't be watching the women's game on Thursday night. About dinner with a few mates. I want to send a shout out to my mate Quinny for Quinn is this thing. He sent us a message that I afforded to you guys, So catching up on Thursday night and I'm not going to watch the game on Thursday night because if I do, I'll end up being as crazy as a dog in a Hubcat factory.
Speaker 6: Or you could watch it and then Quinny could video your reaction if Queensland win.
Speaker 3: I don't watch the I don't watch the NROLW. I have no interest in NROLW. I don't watch the super Air.
Speaker 6: The only guy that doesn't I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. No, most people I know I don't watch it. Be honest, I get.
Speaker 6: I just you know what I think about. And this is purely like uncharacteristically as well. But I would do my hair up in braids. I know I'm being a real girl. Just bear with me for a second. It only happens a few times a year on this body. But the hair and the nails that would be on the on the pitch at the end of the night. Oh my god. It just when I see them pulling their hair and it just freaks me out.
Speaker 3: I would I would mandate if I was Blendy's that they all have to wear long tights long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not sure.
Speaker 3: It's because you see all these beautiful legs getting grazed up in that. It's just not wrong, man, It's not right, protected protected.
Speaker 6: I just feel like they need to just breathe their hair to avoid that hair pulling that happened to the captain.
Speaker 2: It happens. It happens more than we think it happened.
Speaker 1: They did it. They did it to last week. They did it to Isabelle Kelly. She's running and all of a sudden their head like she falls over head first, or because they pulled their hair bad days.
Speaker 2: So much, technically a crusher. I don't know what it is. They got a penalty, but I don't know what that is.
Speaker 6: It didn't look like is a reason to really pap someone across the face? Is that really?
Speaker 2: You must say so much too? Anyway, anyway, sorry I got you off track against. Sorry, I apologize.
Speaker 1: That's good, good team, and we'll see how close you are next the next Tuesday too.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure you'll be pretty close. I'm pretty sure. Let's let's move into round and ten. The round it was that moved around ten.
Speaker 3: So the opening game I was there, the Eels went down to the Dolphins twenty points sixteen. Horrible game. Horrible I was. It was if you're a parafan, it was horrible. They the performance was it was so boring. It was just one out, no offloads, no widespreading, just one out, one out, one out. Moses had to kick from his own thirty and forty all the time Dolphins got the ball, they spread it nicely, they made good yard age. Only started to play with five minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think it was the one that got away.
Speaker 1: Actually, I thought when the eight, well we were up at some stage twelve six, twelve six, yeah, a little, the second taken, half taken, half door up, and you think that they would have they would have rode that, rode that home. But you know what it was. It was an arm wrestle with some brilliant moments sort of scattered all around it and Dolphins just had one or two classier class.
Speaker 3: I just think I think the Dolphins were horrible. I think parable were a lot worse. The tries that the Dolphins scored were so soft. The defense was terrible. They were there to be beaten that night. That yeah, absolutely, against the other team, the Dolphins would have lost.
Speaker 1: Herbie's try was good.
Speaker 3: Oh so you know what's funny? Well, yeah, I mean again, soft defense. He broke through two tackles and he ran thirty minutes and score. But it was a good try. But the next day the headline in the newspaper was heard me magic, and I said, yeah, it was magic. He pretended to be dead for two minutes. The penalty got the two points, which gave Hi an eight point lead, and then he got up and jogged back in the position. And this is the bullshit that we gotta put up with.
Speaker 6: I don't think it was any worse than the red carpet rollout. Michael got his ship last try.
Speaker 1: Look, you know what tackling simple finish it just tackle him, drop, drop an elbow on him.
Speaker 2: Anything to anything.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what, if I was down, if it's a good thing, I was up in the stands because I just wanted to run out there and kick him in the face her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who was watching the game with you? Nick?
Speaker 3: I would have made. I would have made. I would to put his nose on the side of his face. He would look like a painting. I was that angry.
Speaker 6: Yes, I know emanating, Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: I was very upset on Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, then I'll just say one thing about this game, because George, one thing about this game. Uh.
Speaker 3: You know what, sometimes I actually apologize tenure on Friday morning for some of the language that are you.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we watch a player and we watch him when he's twenty three or twenty four and he's developed and he's become very very very good halfback. We spoke about him this this player before at the origin a young Katoa.
Speaker 2: He's only twenty years old, and they're very good, very talented.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't how good is here? And I liked sorry, no, no, no, please please no.
Speaker 3: I liked the way I liked the way I said to you before the Dolphins made good yardage because they were spreading it early.
Speaker 2: And that was in the back of him a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you know, and they made really good meters from their sets, you know, as opposed to the Eels who were just one out, one out. Junior Paulo, he's a renownd offload, nothing, nothing, just one out, one hour.
Speaker 2: It was horrible to watch. Okay, the guitar was sparking a lot of that. And yeah, that's what I say.
Speaker 1: And I want to say about his play. We should look and watch guitar week in week out and watch his development because it's something beautiful to watch, because he's one of these rare kids that can control a game not being on the ball, so he could be It's like Cameron Cameron Smith.
Speaker 2: He controlled the game from hook.
Speaker 3: Up, he control the control the referee.
Speaker 1: But again he controlled the game still and I sort of know how you can control the game from from dummy halff. It's got me buggered, but he did it. And and this young and this young kid, he's only twenty years old and he's he's just at the start of his career. And what I've seen him do as well in not a very good team as you as you pointed out to and he's.
Speaker 2: Putting a body of work to Sorry to clarify I want to watch him, just to clarify what I meant. What I meant when I said that was I don't think they were very good on Thursday Night. Who's that?
Speaker 3: I don't think that I was referring to that particular game. One thing I'm curious to get your opinion about is I think it's a good thing the DC is not that the Dolphins, because I think I think it's all would have been pushed back if that happened, and I reckon, I think he's done enough to just come through. I don't think he needs any leadership at this point. I think you just need to get what do you guys think it would.
Speaker 6: Be great if DC went to the Dolphins. I just don't want him to go to the roosters. I don't mind if he goes anywhere else, and it goes anywhere there's no space.
Speaker 3: Ask me, it's just another bad decision in the long line of bad recruitment decisions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: I'll pay a million bucks for an ACL.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 6: It was funny. I was talking to Meg because she tipped the Dolphins. Because you know, if Bronco Dolphins are like our second Broncos, right, and we as you know, I'm championing them because they're doing really well under Wolf. I love you know, Saco and Hammer and you know they're so they're probably more I think supported, not not more supported, but we see so many of the guys have come from Broncos. And Meg was like, I tipped the Dolphins and I was like, oh, and she goes, actually, no is Nick at the Eels game and she's like, oh my god, the Eels win and that was like, but they what was it when I think you, I think you said it to me George to make me feel better about the Broncos losing, or Meg said it it wasn't that. It was I think it was the Russ Broncos game or something, and it was it wasn't that the like the Russ shouldn't have won, but the Broncos lost. Essentially, it was some kind of terminology. It's in this like I think it.
Speaker 3: Was like the nineteen ninety four World Cup finals, Brazil didn't win the match, Italy lost the shootout.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, that's what that's what it is. So you know, I like, you know, a psycho is always just perfect, like he did these three other three conversions. I know, is that a few on enough, but you know, Busstock's too hot and cold. Kato is amazing, but Bustock one minute he's dropping them all, next minute he's fine, and then you know, try Like it's just it's all too much, too inconsistent. I wouldn't say that that was their best game, and I would have. I just I feel like the Eels could have given more there. Like I was talking to about it, Nick.
Speaker 3: Like bombed a couple of tries to ridiculous, Yeah, bombing tries.
Speaker 1: Look in terms of the earls, we know it's it's it's a development.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they're going to be hot, they're going to be cold, they're going to win, they're going to lose. As long as we see development in some of the kids, that's all we're looking for.
Speaker 2: And if we can get.
Speaker 1: Some consistency, George, I know, I know, but you know where it's at.
Speaker 2: You know where you saw that we went through, the dogs went through.
Speaker 3: Russell is a is a toxic cancer to that first grade team. And now Bailey Simonson's out for ten weeks. I know Russell keeps finding a way to stay in that team. Some sad that's a third breaken foot in that team this year. What's going on?
Speaker 6: If Russell had convert, did so Manny? I think, I text you, George, But Manny predicted that the Dragons and Morris and the Eels and Dolphins would be a golden point game. This was I literally text Nick about it for four games. You know, Russell I had actually converted even money was like, I could have converted that last, but if you would have been golden point.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why Moses isn't kicking. If you can kick in general play, you can take conversions.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: He said on what on somewhere that his coach has been overprotective of him and told him.
Speaker 2: Well, then he's an idiot because he took a sideline conversion against the Targets. And now that I don't that's what he said came out of his mouth.
Speaker 6: So then as an idiot, he knows he's there to play to win.
Speaker 2: Hey, Seawan Russell was a terrible kicker. We've said it for weeks, but Nicol I think he's worse than Gotho. But I think the kicker is going to be Lomax.
Speaker 3: He wasn't there last week. George, Moses was there. Take the damn kicks the games on.
Speaker 2: You know, we should write a letter.
Speaker 6: We're both unhappy.
Speaker 2: This week, Sean Russell Man, he's not first graving too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but look, it was very we because we don't do the three two one hey without we can't do.
Speaker 2: Without Ardie existing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I just want to hit this whole round next week. But yeah, I'm sorry Nick about that.
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 6: I feel like it was quite messy.
Speaker 2: It was miss let's move on. Let's move on.
Speaker 3: The Gold Coast got to win twenty four points to twenty over the nights. It was a long time coming. It was due, it was over due. We wants to talk about this one.
Speaker 2: This is not the world. I think what happened.
Speaker 6: You guys convinced me last week that I should tip the Knights, even though I know I should really tip my own teams said the play at home. You know, Titans haven't been that great. I don't know. I feel like this round is weirder than Magic Round. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: It is weird.
Speaker 1: And you know what nights Nights came out and god case were terrible. Besides, besides Tina, the Gold Case absolutely terrible. The Knight's left side was was was doing okay. The right side with Peace poor and Margor was just clunky ass. But they kept on getting giving penalties away, keep on missing tackles, and before you knew it, the Knights have scored twenty twenty points going in and I'm thinking this is gonna this could be anything, This could be anything.
Speaker 2: In the second half. The Nights are terrible. The Nights were terrible. Flip you know what, Tino, Kip sorry, that was the most consistent round, Yes.
Speaker 1: But you know what, it looked to me like the Knights were trying to hold onto the lead instead of attack, and they was just just kept on missing tackles.
Speaker 2: They kept they kept on dropping the ball. They were terrible.
Speaker 1: And Tino, my godfather, Tino Brimson is not a five eight, but you know what, he did center sort of things. He would run and run and run. Jaden Campbell is not a halfback, but he ran and ran and ran. Yeah, and they just they just they couldn't stop them.
Speaker 2: They couldn't stop them.
Speaker 1: But you take Tino out of the Titans, and I'm telling you now, the Titans wouldn't have won.
Speaker 2: He had such a good game. Your man had such a good game.
Speaker 1: And you know what, from these two teams, I sort of don't get and I get Titans, I don't get it, but the Knights are terrible. I don't know what it is. Are they having troubles behind closed doors? They just clicked, then they haven't clicked yet. You know what, maybe that they got booed off the stadium and if you heard a tea, people boot him off the stadium, and so they should have. That was terrible, And this game in general was exciting, but really it was a terrible, terrible.
Speaker 6: Where that Jackson old matey because his wife was talking about a senior player's wife. Maybe they're having issues behind clothes.
Speaker 2: To us, the guy's cause trouble.
Speaker 1: Every club has gone, every club has been to and you know what, they can't sack the coach because he's got such a long contract. It will be too much money to pay him out. So even if he's lost a dressing room, which I don't think he has actually, but even if he has lost a dressing room, there's nothing I can do about it.
Speaker 6: See DES's look of belief and then also collective sigh of relief.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he look like he was.
Speaker 6: Dying the whole time, like he was so close to just I think that's the win that's got to have a win. I think that was the winning, you.
Speaker 1: Know for Desert. Because I'm gonna put my hand up and I'm a fan. I hope he keeps on. I hope he keeps on winning. I hope you to start of something because it's.
Speaker 6: A good confidence thing for him, for them to, you know, go away and win in a team in a game where they won't tip to win and people weren't having lots of confidence as well. You could just see it in his face.
Speaker 1: Some of the some of these players, you know, Sammy for feeda pra you mentioned before.
Speaker 2: They're all very good players. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why they giving these performances. But you know what, this one, this won't be the one that cracks the ice. Maybe maybe, but I think it's But when it comes to when it comes to the Knights, don't tip them. Just don't tip them this week. You can them this week? What specials? Paramount of specials probably a paramount of stadium too.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. No, I think it's a let's move on, let's.
Speaker 6: Move on that you guys can talk about this game.
Speaker 2: What happened? Give it to us to what was you're saying.
Speaker 6: About the Titans. You know, I don't understand why we have so much talent on this team and you don't know what they're doing. Also bias for Broncos. I have no idea we were doing so well. What happens with the Broncos And it happens either at the beginning of the season where they're having a win or at the you know, in the first half when we're having a win, there's something that happens where arrogance overtakes confidence and they just drop the ball literally and I and once they get to they just can't come back from it because they had that win. They had it, like I don't know how they just fell to ship basically.
Speaker 1: You know what intrigues me to be a couple of weeks ago against Canterbury and I mentioned there was forty minutes of perfection.
Speaker 2: It's not brain surger.
Speaker 6: Happened the following week through George Well.
Speaker 1: Before we go into that, they showed us it was a blueprint or how to play, how they should play, you know what I mean? The two falls, the two front rollers, shooting, shooting behind the ruck and then and then the back rolls being turned back inside onto nines and seven. So they just ripped Canterbury apart that way, then they could spread.
Speaker 2: Now there's the blueprint. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's what they should do every week for someone reason that they I don't know what it is, you know what I mean, They and they.
Speaker 2: Try to do it.
Speaker 1: They try to do it at the start, but they drift away from it. So I think it's just a matter of time. Repetitions, repetitions, repetitions, repetitions, because if they if you do something once, the chances that you can do it again and again and again again. But you just got to keep on training and training, train.
Speaker 6: Like last week, the only outlier was Jordan Ricky really like who should be great to come.
Speaker 2: Back, which is one of my favorite.
Speaker 6: Section exactly, so he he was only outlier and the same in this game. So when they won, when they beat the Doggies, he wasn't playing. He was injured. So I can't think of anything else that they've done. I don't I really don't understand that how that happened. That win was science sealed delivered. I just I was in shock and Rabbits are terrible.
Speaker 2: Considering the talent they've got on the sideline. This is a huge win.
Speaker 1: It is it's a it's a huge win because Nico said there is about six or seven injured, so this is almost a reserve grade Teham. Obviously there's there's people we know in there, but they've got six injured and eventually we're going to come back.
Speaker 6: Which we were lucky. Ji Gray wasn't there for the full eighty By.
Speaker 2: The way, Joe Gray came off to mention, isn't he.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like he wasn't there for the full you know, it didn't start so where the score probably could have been higher if he was there the whole time.
Speaker 2: We suggested, okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: He played well, I don't know, I just I just thought. And then you know, Reynolds, like so many of our guys were just just looked absolutely trashed by the end of the game. Reynolds was hurting, Hunt went off with his hamstring. Mariner was it Mariner or someone else that was just was it Peter Cora? Someone else was injured or they looked injured, Like we just got absolutely smashed in a really in forty minutes.
Speaker 1: Well, your two you know what, your two front rollers were just plowing a hole through the middle. So just on the back of that, if any team has has two front roles that do what these two guys do. I mean, you just follow them through and you're not That end was by big points ever, but the shouldnt lost?
Speaker 2: Uh should have again from where?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you can't look at that point, like the points of that game and go, you know it was fair or like, you know, it was an even game. We were winning at halftime pretty easily, I think, But yeah, that was was going to be.
Speaker 2: It looks like it was going to be a walk in the park.
Speaker 1: But maybe you're right, maybe they thought they were going to come out in the second half and just have a walk in the park, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they just they need to celebrate the win at the eightieth minute. That's what they need to do. Before that, they work their ass off, that's what they do.
Speaker 1: Well, they found that hard containing colon the Tangi and he's moved into the into the middle now and and they just had all sorts of with him.
Speaker 2: And you know.
Speaker 6: What, we don't We don't have small guys.
Speaker 1: Though, No, no, no, no, your roster is the best roster in the compo record. Uh And you can say and and and I'll say it some some big moments Mitchell. Mitchell took over some big moments.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean to kick that two point field going and wet. That was a big, big place.
Speaker 6: Yes, that was incredible for someone that does illegal things after a children's charity, fitting really incredible.
Speaker 2: But we should remember the game ten.
Speaker 6: But one of my mate was watching it with me, Shane. I think you've met Hnick and he's an a FL supporter, used to be Dragons, butch pitch to AFL. He was like some guys in a FL can't make that kick. He was like that in the rain, that is amazing.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was and he made a tackle his wall which which got someone over the sideline of current, which one was a Mariner. I think he which would have would have sealed the game.
Speaker 3: That's my only criticism of the true Mitchell happens once every two months.
Speaker 1: It needs to be more consistent when he decides. And like Laurie said on s c N, Mitchell can do things that other players can't do it. But as you said to me, just then, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: He doesn't do it. Yeah, so every second week I'll be happy. Yeah, you know, I mean third week, but three times a years and enough.
Speaker 3: So that's what happened on Sunday Saturday. Although thirty two rates twenty. This is all one way traffic at a half time one.
Speaker 1: Way traffic or halftime Nicola. They came out. You know, styles make fights, well in theory, Camebra is our krypto nite mhm. Camebra played exactly like Broncos played that night where and it was on purpose. They played exactly the way that Broncos played that night when they beat us up and he got out of hand, he got he got so out of hand. It was twenty before we knew it. They went straight through, straight through our middle and they turned. The background was back inside, hitting our had hitting our nines and sevens, and we're just misin tackles.
Speaker 2: Glare.
Speaker 1: We only had thirty percent of the ball at the end of the first half. We basically had no ball all the time we had the ball or came it out of our out of our red zone. Okay, they just kept on coming and coming and coming. I'm thinking, here, we got sixty nil. It's going to be sixty nil. I was happy when the halftime bill went. I was happy. I was wrapped. Then something strange happened. Camber came out exactly the same way. Their first touch ripped us up through the middle, and they got to try.
Speaker 2: Deny it.
Speaker 1: Thank god, because that would have been game, said match Bingo, thirty six nil. All of a sudden they put Bailey Haywood on and Bailey unlike, unlike Tybe Sexton, Sexton runs really square, which halfback should run really square, But Bailey runs outlines. He started running outline, and he gave Creta an early ball, and Creta does what credit does. He pushes off Timmiko. He goes straight through its huge scores a try. All of a sudden they did exactly. And this is what I like about Canterby. When they find an issue, when they find a hole, when they find a spot, they go there all the time. That ain't care if they get tackled, they will go there. They went straight away. The next set of six we scored another try and go wait a minute twelve neil twelve to twenty.
Speaker 2: Maybe you never know.
Speaker 1: Three minutes later, two sets after, we scored another try. Wait a minute, game on. Now, all of a sudden, all the demons came back to Russ, to Russ, this camera team, all the little issues they've got, all the little mistakes. They went in woods and they tried to protect protective lead. Canary kept on playing, They kept on playing, and they got physical. They started playing the Canterbury way, and unfortunately the Raiders fell into our trap. And at the end of the day, we scored thirty thirty two points in one half of rugby league and one of the game which we shouldn't have won. We shouldn't have won if they just stuck to their guns. Canbra playing that same style, which they played half the same style they played, had we got nothing. And now people have seen how to beat Canterbury, but you've got to do it for eighty minutes like Broncos.
Speaker 2: Did that night.
Speaker 1: Do we deserve to win the game? I think we did deserve to win. I think we did deserve to win the game. Yeah, I think. I think. I think Stephen Crichton showed his genuine class. I'm not going to call him the best center in the game, but not far off. I was going to say, who's going to be better than him? Carraz a dreadful first half and he got They did some good video on video on him, and they knew exactly what they are doing. He ran one hundred and something meters in one half because he had about thirty meters in the first half, so he ran well over one hundred meters in the second half.
Speaker 2: And he popped. He had five pops as well, five offloads.
Speaker 1: And our little little pissy little forward pack Billy army kick ol on the other side of Crichton. Tell you what, people must must see him running running, and just they must run and hide. He was uncontrollable. I like I like it because I see you know what after the Broncos game, you know what they decided.
Speaker 2: They decided this.
Speaker 1: Yep, the Broncos were on top, uh and they had their own they had their way with us. But if we saved one try, one, just that one try, we would have been maybe a little bit closer, closer for the second half, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And this is what happened.
Speaker 1: I think this time they just save that one try and kept it sort of in check and mentally they could come back. But what a crazy game. It was an absolutely crazy game. Two was texting me and I'm going no two, I'm at wood.
Speaker 6: Tell him if you're watching, what kind of fancy if you're not watching? But I just feel like it. We just saw the same narrative of those these first four games. We spoke about first half is very different to the second.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, that's what I said. What a crazy what a crazy round?
Speaker 6: Did you watch the press conference then, because I think that's your favorite thing to do.
Speaker 2: It was brilliant.
Speaker 3: Well, when Jamis Salmon scored a try, he went up to the camera and he said, we got a dog. So Ricky Stee was asked about in the press conference and he goes, why do you think I would care about that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe because you're the one who yeah, I love Yeah. Anyway, let's move on. Let's go Warring is fifteen points to fourteen over the Dragons.
Speaker 2: That was a tight one. You watch this, I actually didn't see. I watched all of them for like.
Speaker 6: Every every every single game. For me, this was wild because we all thought that ors we're going to beat the Dragons. Well m hmm, I think yeah, I don't know. I was very surprised that gus I got the first right for the Dragons. I just you know what I felt all all round the try scorers, we're not the same as the normal try scorers.
Speaker 2: It was a weird.
Speaker 6: It's super weird. I am Metcalf Greade is always I kind of like and Kate Well, I like love Kate Well because obviously it was Broncos, but I didn't. I don't can't remember who I tipped with you guys last week, but how don't it's kind of thing for the Dragons to win. But it was just I don't know, it was just such a it was great defense, I think from both sides. That's not a big that's not a big scoreboard as well. Did you catch it?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't see this one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, George did you catch it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what strange game three tries to two, the George score three tries. I just couldn't. I couldn't kick a side of a barn. You know what, I bet you any money. If Homes had him arone jersey, he'll nail every one of those kicks, I bet you any money.
Speaker 2: They weren't that hard.
Speaker 1: But anyway, in in in eighty over eighty minutes, I will say that the Warriors were.
Speaker 2: A better team but it was one.
Speaker 1: Of those boring games in the It was not quite a bludger, not too far away from bud. But I've got to I've got to meet one thing. So Georgia's are a developing team. I just want to see all them flooding all these youngsters are into this team, because these youngsters are the future. Your your couchman's, your your kings, you know, I mean all these, all these youngsters coming through. That's where you're at, your stewards, you your egans. This, this is, this is where it's hat. I want to give flowers to Luke Metcalf. After we saw him play at at Vegas, I thought.
Speaker 2: They're going to have a tough, long year.
Speaker 1: Luke, Luke Metcalf has been outstanding, he really has. And I found out he's a new South Rushman. Actually he's been really good and he's kicking game, he's running game. His past selection, he's been really good for this team. Barnett and that and this is this is the performance he gave and this is why he has to be in the Origin team.
Speaker 2: He's just he's just an absolute. He's an absolute. See he doesn't care what's a see? Oh right, tell me. I'm not going to say I'm not going to a woman anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, uh yeah, look the better team, That's all I'm gonna say about that.
Speaker 2: Dylan came back and just ran his little heart off. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rick James came off and and ran his heart heart out. Just I love seeing him. I love seeing him run. Adam Pompey, uh forgot the forgotten man. He just keeps on, keeps on improving and let me let me find him. Uh Nicora, Uh you know what's been around for a while. But gee, you know what in his system and that and the coach, I forget his name, mister Pop Webster. He's made the game plan really simplely gone. He's really dulded down. No, no double.
Speaker 2: Leads, nothing like this week.
Speaker 1: We're going to run the ball hard and we're going to kick, and we're going to chase simple things, simple things, And it's working for him. And you know what, I think the top four, I think the Warriors the top four, I think they are and Jorge.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think the reason why I probably enjoyed watching this game is because I was very stressed the previous three games, readers, is also, you know, I have a self spot for the readers. But yeah, and I don't know about Warriors, like they said at the moment.
Speaker 2: And you know what they get.
Speaker 1: They got they'll make the top eight and look that might be out the first week. But I think that I think they're great. I think they're doing really well. And like I'll always say, are strong. Warriors brings New Zealand, New Zealand with us. That's the main thing. I want to see New Zealand with full houses.
Speaker 3: So what about the next game? Is it the first drawer of the season? First Cowboys points all.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 3: Penrith were complaining about a decision that could have won them in the game, Yet most people missed the fact that Penrith received a bullshit penalty that allowed them to equalize.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch it. It should never have been and went the ball. Well they were both doing No, I didn't watch it, so you go.
Speaker 3: But they got a penalty that was just absurd, which and they scored from that set.
Speaker 6: So it was actually the first draw for the season. Last year we had one draw and the draw before that was twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was wild. You need to watch the replay. It was the most insane game I have ever seen.
Speaker 2: I caught the last half an hour.
Speaker 6: Of it, really, because I remember I was like, just always try and test you guys out, and I'm like, are you watching? And then he's like, caught the last half. I'm like, okay, perfect, Yeah, you should watch the replay. It was. It was wild.
Speaker 2: Absolutely I heard. I heard had another scream of the game. Mm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's so great, so.
Speaker 1: Good scene anything else, because I didn't watch anything any standing out. I know that the pen for ahead of twelve points two separate times, so for me that they should have put the game away if they are twelve points, but obviously came back twice.
Speaker 2: I was drinking outstanding.
Speaker 6: Again, so him and Cleary both did out of five conversions. I don't remember seeing.
Speaker 2: It was it blace to luck. He had four trices. He was outstanding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember singing again this year where both sides have converted one hundred. But they did this this team. It was because the only reason I looked up those starts about the draw was I could not remember the last time i'd seen one go full and interestingly and and nick nose, but I was a recent connected with the recruitment manager from Cowboys. And it was funny because I I was talking to him last week before the game and he's like, oh, we've got Panthers this week. He's like, you know, they seem to be a site that's actually come back now from you know, the bad start to the Yeah. And then I just said to him when the game I think it was like at the seventieth minute and I was like, are you breathings? And he didn't respond to later, but he's like, yeah, he goes, we should have won it. We should have won that game five times really, so, but yeah, it was pretty exciting. And then I'll go, he's good as good as he was normally, but he did the first try for the Cowboys as well. Derby was good, he dropped the ball. Diden was good. But I just I feel like Dylan wasn't on like he normally was. He wasn't like, I mean, like mentally on. I don't feel like he was mentally on as much as he normally. As you he's quite quite clearly was the outstanding.
Speaker 1: Yeah Blazers good, Yeah, Okay, do you like golden points?
Speaker 3: I like it when it's like I like it when it's not my team. I love watching penalty shootouts and soccer when it's not my team. You like when it's not my team and you're like, you're like when it's But I think they should change it. I think they should strip two players of each team, make it eleven and eleven and the next try wins.
Speaker 2: I like the thing. I like the triphy feel.
Speaker 6: I feel just as stress though, even though it's not my team. I'm probably not to.
Speaker 2: Get you feel like that with every game you watch? Did you watch every game?
Speaker 6: Every game? I get shipped? But yeah I do. I do like a golden point. But yeah, it was. It was super interesting. I nick, I was like, so do we all win a point for our tips?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I don't know. Well, there's no zipping for.
Speaker 3: The next game. Had sixty four golden points for golden points? Yeah, well, you know, you know what I like about this, Like so many people were laughing at paramatter in round one.
Speaker 2: When Melbourne were winning what Neil whatever it was stuff? Yeah, yeah, yeah, they brought it back a bit sixty four sixty four. You know what. I'm not going to say too much about this game. All I know is two things.
Speaker 1: Number One, you get beaten, You can get beatn by a team, that's fine, and then and then, I mean, you can lose a game, you can lose a game toowhere, everyone lose a game.
Speaker 2: But then then you can get beaten up. And they got beat beat up. Some of those tries they were freakish, especially early especially. Yeah, they were like last last, last tackle. Desperation.
Speaker 3: But the desperation is phenomenal, and that pappen houses solid effort.
Speaker 2: But I think he got thirty two points in one game. You got four tries or tries, So maybe maybe did his girlfriend dumb him or was the other way around.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe he should have done the six weeks ago Melbourne would be in first place.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe anyway, yeah, look uh yes, so look now I'm looking for the tigers. I'm looking for the response. So anyone can get beaten, and anyone can get beaten by Melbourne by fifty. These things happen. It's Melbourne, for God's sake. It's what you do next week if you you have to win. But I want to see effort. They're playing the rabbit the rabbit, Okay, I'd like to see effort because I think that they gave up and there's nothing worse in a rugby league team.
Speaker 3: Well, you got five premiership winners in that team, they should be better than that.
Speaker 1: You mean the Tigers. Yeah, I agree, Look I know that. Look I know that Melbourne must have had the hell a week from hell with Bill. It can imagine what billing me to the poor guys. They must have had a week from hill. But yeah, I don't mind losing. I'll say it again. I lost for sixty seven years. Sixty four. Yeah, as I was going to say, but let's lose thirty three forty.
Speaker 2: It happens. But when you get over forty, that's getting you. Don't You haven't tried, You haven't tried.
Speaker 6: It took the edge of our losses this week, Nick.
Speaker 2: Took the edge off. I'd forgotten my lost way way by that point. Sixty four. No, look, not good enough and not good enough but not good, not good, not much to say it. And yeah, and and Melbourne, well if they're going to keep on people on that this rhythm every Premiershu was in herb form and apparently he's still injured. He's still carrying it, so he's he's a special.
Speaker 3: And rounding off the round the Sharks thirty points to forty and ever mainly don't know how mainly lost this one. Really yeah, okay they were in front and they just went from bad to worse. Okay, what did you say?
Speaker 6: I was this was a narrative. Tigers were never beat in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: We met mainly and we didn't know.
Speaker 6: But I'm saying this was a narrative.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, no, no, no, man, sorry, the Tigers are never ever going to be it's how much they're going to lose by this this game. This is the performance I was looking for from from Carnella or year. They started like a house on fire. We we we hassle Nico when he doesn't play well. But he's been building up too. It was, he's been building up for a game like this for a while now. And he gave us every every ballym Metal point that he that he's ever had in this one. Mate, he was, he was house on fire. They went up fourteen Neil then came back mainly came back from some opportunity, some opportunity tries.
Speaker 2: But this is it.
Speaker 1: When the game was in the balance, they stepped up. Cornella stepped up and took the game away from from from the seagulls. I think they've turned the corner. I hope they've turned the corner because I've been waiting. I've been waiting for this, or yeah, I've been waiting for this, or yeah, Will Kennedy. I don't want to hear any Carnella supporter told me that they should not sign him.
Speaker 2: They're still saying that they should not sign him. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear it. Do you remember i rose father or I think it's I think is his father. Both played for Manly mainly in New Zealand.
Speaker 1: You know what, this kid's going to be better. Yeah, he's ay tweety two, he's going to be better. He was outstanding. Ronaldo was at his cheeky, cheeky best.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: Brandon Trindle came back a bit, like came off the ball a little bit to let Nico take over, but tricky. Look, Trindle looked even better because he picked his moments like like like Mitch is going to do in the Origin, I just picked this moment for No Blake. If he's not the best front row, he's not the best front roll paint huss is, He's he's so close to it.
Speaker 2: I mentioned.
Speaker 1: Brayley in the Origin conversation. Do you know he's had two mistakes? For you? No, he's very a very solid, a very solid hooker. I'm not saying he's an Origin hookup, but I'm saying he's a very solid, holid hooker. Uh and Billy Billy Burns. Billy Burns that they got Billy Burns from pen a couple of years ago and they stuck him in, stuck him in reserve grade Nicol and they bring him up and mate, he produced three tries on the day. So and he's going to go back to reserve grade again. So yeah, look, I like this performance with complete performance. Mainly, I think they're a little bit off. I think DC is a little bit off since he's made that decision, it's been off every week. Look, you know what, I think he's got such a high standard when he's a little bit off that high standard because I don't think he's played bad. We see, we see it. Luke Rooks has gone back to his Tigers day and tee, how did they make Ruben Garrett? Ruben Garrett, look, did you watch the game? I feel sorry for him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, last.
Speaker 6: Year he was really great. I don't know what happened, And to be fair, because I am I'm okay now, like still a bit. But I actually first watched the first half of this game and then had a cold recovery snooze the second half. But money told me what happened. But I did watch the highlights and yeah, Garth was so good last year.
Speaker 1: I don't know, yeah, you know what. He he came on, he did a lot of talking. But by the end of the game where he dropped a few balls over the line and they scored and he missed some some pretty crucial tackles, Ronaldo was absolutely bathing. It was just funny to see because the first half he was all all pravado or talk and I just love that stuff. Sharks are brewed something they got up, the Sharks are brued something, So Sharks, there's something brewing.
Speaker 2: And the Roosters had the buy had the bye.
Speaker 3: So let's move in a crystal ball with the upcoming round once again, para kick off the round. Great against awaited Newcastle. There's nothing to worry about. I guarantee it. Paramatta will win this game. Parent an Im will win this game. I'm tipping the Knights will win this game.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's because you tipped the Eels. Did you tip the Eels last week? Don't the Eels in the morning.
Speaker 2: I'm not Paramountal win this game. The nights are terrible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going I'm going to Eels, by.
Speaker 2: The way, Yeah, nights. Okay, George, I'm going to Paramo Paramandal win this game. Doesn't matter. Paramanent win this game. Bulldogs, Roosters.
Speaker 1: I want to believe, so I'm going to do I'm going. I want to believe. I want to believe.
Speaker 2: Dolphins, Warriors, Dolphins. That's it's uncle. You know. We're going the Dolphins. I'm going to go. I'm going.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Warriors because there's something I see. I see stability. I'm going to Warrior.
Speaker 2: Okay. Dolphins, Cowboys, Seagulls at Townsville gone.
Speaker 1: No Queens, Yeah they can be. They can only be one winner here. The Cows winning, I think that might win well.
Speaker 2: Sharks, Storm, I have to get Storm.
Speaker 6: I'm going to go Sharks.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go Sharks. It's going to be a Saturday night, seventh to seven o'clock slot at the at the prison.
Speaker 2: This is their chance. This is the Sharks chance.
Speaker 1: I want to see. I want to see what they did last week. I want to see them back back.
Speaker 2: It up Broncos at home to the Dragons. Intriguing, intriguing, definitely going the Broncos. They have to bounce back. They have to. Okay, so I might feel a bit sorry for the Dragons this week. I think the Broncos really have to bounce back.
Speaker 1: And that's what I want to say now too, No excuses here. Yeah, because the Broncos know exactly exactly what the bron what George are going to do. They get the we we know what Flanner is going to do. He's going to go and try to bully him out of the game. Okay, so they know what they're going to do. But guess what the Broncos. All they have to do is play how they play against Cannaby and the Broncost winning win will and guess he's playing five eight this week?
Speaker 2: Who is a man's back? He didn't get he got on report, But I think.
Speaker 6: That's going against us at the moment and hunting out. I'm still going Broncos like bigger than the Dragons too. And it's at home.
Speaker 2: It's at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hunt's been going terrible the last couple of weeks. I think he must be carrying an injury. I can't believe he's going that bad, so he must be under an injury cloud. And I think he is a man might be the turning point. I hate to say it, but man might be the turning point.
Speaker 2: I think he will be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he carved up. Apparently when they play opposed, he's a class player. Yeah, well they play, they play like you know, they do contact during the week, they play opposed and he plays. He plays in the Ridgies team and he comes up his own team. Yeah, he comes up the Broncos. So, yeah, he didn't have a great game. Apparently lip switch, but I don't think he was Doldine.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the Raiders are home to the Gold Coast.
Speaker 6: Playing at home again.
Speaker 3: They're like mainly they play every game at home. I have to get Richie Stewart's going to smash him. Yeah, last week, you know we're last week. Yeah, yeah, unfortunately, I want to I want to say the Toys do because of because of Daisy, But yeah, Ricky's going to kill him, so will win.
Speaker 2: Finishing around.
Speaker 3: The Targets are at Campbelltown where they don't have a good record against the Rabbits.
Speaker 2: Get on the Rabbits in this world. I have no idea.
Speaker 6: I'm going Tigers because I hate the Rabbit.
Speaker 2: Campbell Town should be a deciding factor. Yeah, they have a one too.
Speaker 6: Many can Sometimes emotional emotional tipping does help. I was going to tap the Titan this last round.
Speaker 2: I'm having a shock of this year and tipping. I think I'm scared to ask. You know what I'm gonna I'm gonna say a response. I'm not sure who's coming back from for the Rabbits, but I'm going to try to believe and say the Tigers. And let me tell you why.
Speaker 1: I went to Mother's Day obviously last Sunday, and of course the score was in because they played a two o'clock and I came. I went in the afternoon. So my father wasn't a happy chappie.
Speaker 2: I don't know. My father wasn't a happy chappi. And what he said was ki that means ship again, we're shit it again sort of things. So yeah, he didn't say. He didn't talk too much. I talked to mom a love on the day, So God Dad, the Bunnies and the Panthers have the buy thank god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and that's it And we don't have already here for super League?
Speaker 2: So do you guys have It was a Challenge Cup? Okay, so we don't follow a Challenge couple? What we do?
Speaker 1: We know who's in the final. Hull left c and Sam's team Warrington are in the in the final later this month. And in the Girls which the girls for someone own reason, they showed it on Fox. Did you watch the Girls super League? It was like pulling so borders, like pulling teeth.
Speaker 2: Stupid me?
Speaker 1: What sat there and watched the little st Helen's and Pelerston's are in that final?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: And I won't be watching that final in the quarter. I won't be watching the girls final there, but I'll be watching the I will be watching the Challenge Cup in couple of in a month or so. That's super League and super League starts again this week.
Speaker 2: And you are any need for us?
Speaker 6: No, I am. Yeah. It's just been interesting and I think you know, I was saying to nick yas so like the boys have been sick and I think you know, I'm kind of getting a little bit downhill. But I'm fine, but it's just yeah, you know, when you're kind of a little bit foggy. It was just, you know, it was a weird round of the back of a weird magic round. And then we're going to see I said to a couple of my friends that are watching it more intensely, purely because I'm forcing them to watch it with me. This year, you'll see the it get a bit more strange during Origin because obviously the people that are in Origin camp, you know, they're gonna you know, the teams that they're part of. Those teams. It's a great opportunity for you know, Tigers to really get some points.
Speaker 2: Well, they might have a few out themselves.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it's it's I don't know, I feel like they have like love magic ground, but I feel like it's not like a mini.
Speaker 2: Before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I know, but it's just quite intense, right, and then off the back of all these crazy charges and like, you know, I was looking where is that? I was looking at the fines and stuff that just came off the back of the last round. It's crazy, Where's that? I wade it down and it's just yeah, it's just wild. I don't know one where are all these players getting all this money from.
Speaker 2: I don't think that paid for it. I don't think that is.
Speaker 6: It going to get to a point where you know, the suspensions are going to overlap and then the guys are not going to have any players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this this hurts me. But you know why all this has happened in twenty years. They want to say that we did our very best to protect the players and because of that, because of that, and everybody's hanging on that class action. Everybody is hanging and that's why it's going for so long. If that class action is in favor of the players, every contact spot in the world is going to ship their pants.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah. But also if the players are playing I think I said this last week, but if the players are playing cautiously, Oh no, I was saying it to my mate. I'm actually going to get him on the potty. Here's awesome. Chris McPherson. I think I've told you about him, George. He does he does ground commentating for our TV, so it's similar to I guess send, but more of the local, local stuff. And he was suggesting that maybe I do some ground commentating stuff. Up here for the local games, but he's Newcastle and I said to him he should come on on the potty, which he'd love to do, just needs to line it up. I said, we do it on a Tuesday. But yeah, I was. We had this massive chat about it, and obviously we're talking about everything else, like you know, player managers and that kind of stuff. But you know, I was saying to him, if we're running at each other full steam, we're not going to get as hurt as much as one that's being more hesitant than the other one.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So if the guy's being more hesitant, as more injuries as you know, And I was saying to him, like I said to you guys, there's so many more injuries in the last eighteen months, and it's because people have been too cautious. If it does go this way, we might not have a sport, but we might have a lot of injuries, which is what we're seeing at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every time you have a massive injury toll, a lot of six injuries nothing these days six.
Speaker 6: So how so for them for then orl to protect us or protect sorry, protect the players, I just throw myself in there but protect the players. They're actually causing more injuries and computer.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree to you, I agree. You know what, I'll tell you what. What's ironic. They want to speed the game up, so six agains, you know, six agains. Also they do all those things that make the speed the game up. But wait a minute, we get you under fatigue. But you've got to be careful. You can't hit a head, you can't hit head or shoulder of anyone. So they're shooting themselves in the foot by by trying to make the game faster and fatiguing people. What are they doing? What are they tell They're telling us one thing and doing something else. So you know, I don't know, I don't know. But the worst thing about it this is this. They sit in front of their computer and they see the highest television ratings of all time, most revenue of all times. So you know what they say. They pat themselves on the back and they said, we're doing a great fucking job.
Speaker 2: Guess what. No they're not. No, they're not doing a great job. But anyway, that's what they That's what Orlandis thinks. He's doing a great job. That's what he thinks.
Speaker 6: He's still buying into I haven't looked into that the Super League, is it?
Speaker 1: I hope he doesn't, but he If nik Polaitis is looking to buy into Salford, I'd say.
Speaker 2: He'll boy because he wants he wants to get into Europe.
Speaker 1: He wants to try to get some feed feed teams for the inner role would.
Speaker 6: Be quite redundant if this class action goes ahead and he would have wasted money. He should have bought a soccer team.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, I'm telling you now everybody, because I listened to a lot of pods, even overseas pods and I'll listen to if I listen to a rugby pot as well, So pods and this class action is on everybody's mind.
Speaker 6: It's not going to be done for a few years.
Speaker 1: It's going It's been going on people, it's been going on for two years as well. Now it's a big decision, the massive but it.
Speaker 6: Will also for the newcomers, like it's just going to be we're just going to have a less intake as well. Yeah you know what I mean, Like if you're if you're playing now, you could be like let's just go to union. You know, I was talking to to boy his meat Shane. I feel like you met him Nick when you're here. He was saying in the a f L, because he does still follow like you've got very very excited watching the Broncos game, which was not the game to get excited about. So I invited him to watch the Dragons because that existing, but he was saying, it's really similar in AFL, exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Stuff, protected ahead and neck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ref calls. You know, they're being really hesitant on injuries and and lots of suspensions, which I never look into a FL but everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ye good listen. Uh.
Speaker 1: And just to cap off the night, on Thursday night, we're going to sit in front of a television's team. We're going to watch well Nicholas not but we're going to watch the Girls Origin. It's it is an Origin Origin game one one nil, one nil up. So it's been played in Sydney, So I guess we're in the box seat. But I've got this gut feeling Coinsland is going to do what Queensland does.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: You will be going for their their power game. They got their big fast mobile pack and even their backs. People like Jessica Surgis uh and Isabelle Kelly, which just looked like forwards who playing the centers. So they'll be going for their power game.
Speaker 2: I want to the youngsters are starting to drift in.
Speaker 1: And Nicole our girl, our paramatta, our paramounta fullback Abby Church who was the man of the match in the first game.
Speaker 2: She's only a youngster.
Speaker 6: She had that was up the unit that didn't Josh Kerr.
Speaker 1: No, no, you're you're you're talking about you're talking about Ellie Johnston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big Ellie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, which she was a big, big unit.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, good place. She's got to try to No, No, Abby Church love us. She's a little partigue thing but really really quick. And and I'm really happy to see them picking youngsters because they usually they pick they try to truth people. They picked Jesse South south Wall as well, which is about time because she's probably the best half in the game. And for you to the best player in the game, of course, to make her Upton, you must have to make he and Julia Roberts Robert.
Speaker 2: She kills really good share playing seven and and and and then and Nicola knows a.
Speaker 1: Brickshaw. She's moved to seven, so she should controlling the game. This is going to be good, This will be good. It's physical, it's clean, and I can't wait. I can't wait. I'm tipping. I'm tipping your South far I'm sure he's picking for tipping Queensland.
Speaker 6: So we had five players tip Queensland.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that's it.
Speaker 1: But it's good to watch, and that's us.
Speaker 2: That's that's right, that's all right. We'll enjoy the Origin, enjoy the round.
Speaker 1: Next week we'll be talking Origin in terms of what Ricky what what the two catches have picked. And I can't wait to see how close we are and and the happy rug ability of it.
Speaker 2: Been looking forward to it. Thanks and have a great week everyone. Good night,