Speaker 1: If I stand up for something, I'm not gonna hide find the talk about it.
Speaker 2: It's all programmed to create chaos. Fifty five KRZ.
Speaker 1: Eight O five If you're a fifty five KRC decalk station halfy Monday, Baron Thomas looking across the table here in studio. Check him out online. Adam kal Or eighty A M k O E h L e R dot com. He's running for Hamlin County Commissioner. Good to have you back in studio, Adam to it's a pleasure helpe you on a nice weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh always, well, the bang was won last night, so that'd be it made better.
Speaker 1: I had to wake up to find the news on that one. I was happy to get the news, but didn't stay up for it. But uh, well we'll take one right.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Anyhow, Hey, how about that new stadium. Anyway, I was talking to Adam on the break and just because we've got to start with something. He's running for a county commissioner. Of course, the stadium deal is going to be one of the top items for whatever makeup we have on for county commissioners. When the Tropicanas Stadium was hit by the Hurricane and the wind blew the hop off. I'm sure you saw pictures of that down in Florida Tampa. In the reporting, I read they were going to be building or they are building a new stadium for the Rays that was supposed to open or is supposed to open in twenty twenty eight. I don't know if things get advanced or they changed their plans, but as reported anyway, one point three billion dollars to build an entire brand new stadium. And I looked at that at wait a second, the pay Corpse Stadium, you know, Paul Brown Stadium, Bengals Stadium, the the upgrades they want come in at one point two billion dollars. So you can get a brand new stadium for the baseball team in Tampa and you get basically for the same amount of money some upgrades.
Speaker 3: Well, and I mean what you're saying is that that quoted figure you know that's going up. You figure, when have you known that? When have you ever heard about a construction project being on budget, right and on time, especially.
Speaker 1: In these trying times with construction material.
Speaker 3: Shortages relation, I mean, it's going to take a while to get that under shortages. Yeah, yeah, Well, and I mean even if Trump gets elected. I mean, you hope he writes the ship. But he's talking about tariffs, so you know they're gonna be increased costs. Yep, You're gonna have some pain before things get better. There's no way you can you can right this ship this quickly. It's good that there's gonna be some issues. There's gonna be some things coming up. He's got to put some things in place in order to, you know, put pressure on foreign governments. And you're gonna be in the middle of building a stadium possibly while that's while that's happening. So but you're right, I mean, it's crazy. You've got some of these places that are like, hey, look we're gonna build a brand new stadium and we're gonna significantly increase the fan experience. And then you've got Cincinnati in Hamilton County that's hey, let's do some upgrades for one point three Let's move Marin Way. Let's yeah, move an entire road. Yeah, I was moving entire roads so we can have more park space or whatever. It's just like just put a dome stadium on there or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, don't don't say that, because then they might take that ball and run with it, and it'll be a two trillion dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's gonna be Yeah, it'd be two plus for us Dome state.
Speaker 1: And I'm not familiar with what the NFL as an organization does. By way of participating, you're contributing to these upgrades, but you set off the air that in order to get any money from the FL NFL for these types of upgrades, it has to improve the fan experience. Is that like written somewhere, it.
Speaker 3: Has to significantly improve the fan experience for them to give you any money.
Speaker 1: So new office buildings and a new practice field that's going to improve the fan experience in what way, shape or form?
Speaker 3: That won't, But moving Maring Way probably won't. Adding a little green space down there probably won't. Building a new stadium wood stop it, stop it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there.
Speaker 3: But there's a lot of things that people don't know about the NFL and how this whole process works, and you barely hear about it from the commissioners.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy to me.
Speaker 3: Somebody asked me the other day, They said, well, you know, the commissioners think that you know, they've given this enough time. And so I said they've twenty five years to think of this to come up with something, right.
Speaker 2: It's not like it just happened, right.
Speaker 1: It's been twenty five years living with the worst negotiated stangle stadium build agreement in the foot in football.
Speaker 2: History, absolute worst.
Speaker 3: Mike Brown got such a good deal on NAT he'said twenty five years to enjoy the fruits of that deal that he got. But now it's time to get back to Hamil County and get back to the tax payers. And you would think he would come to the table realizing how good of a deal he got last time and wanted to negotiate. But here's the thing too, Brian. People don't think about it. So the one hundred and twenty five million dollars he got, it's called G five money. He gets that from the NFL, so it is essentially a loan on future revenues. So the one hundred and twenty five million that he put towards the upgrades, it didn't really come out of his pocket necessarily. It was kind of like money he was going to make anyway. And it's like a loan from the NFL. So it's called G five money. That's money the NFL gave him. Now, the chance is that the Hamilton County commissioners go to the NFL and say, hey, we're poor, feel sorry for us, give us money, slim chance with with a stadium upgrade because of that. I don't even know how you would quantify what is a significant upgrade to the fan experience.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it usually doesn't apply to upgrades. It usually applies to the new stadium.
Speaker 1: Significant increase in the fan experience for me has been the realization that it's a hell of a lot more fun, convenient, and less expensive to enjoy the football game in my home.
Speaker 2: That's everybody right, Well, and that's the thing too.
Speaker 3: So you're using that stadium primarily for eight nine games a year, I know, there's nothing else.
Speaker 2: I mean, you want to spend.
Speaker 3: One point three billion dollars on upgrades, right, I mean, and keep the same deal in place. I think Mike Brown can renew this lease essentially for another ten years the lease he has in place now, that's with the terms that he has now for the next ten years. Every two years he can renew it for five times.
Speaker 2: He could do that.
Speaker 3: So all the deal, that deal from back in the day was so terrible he could just keep it renewing that.
Speaker 1: So what you know, as commissioner, what would you do? I guess one of the things my immediate reaction is when I saw the proposal for the so called fan experience improvements is well under the and I've never read that contract. I've just read pieces of it, and it's been so widely reported about how bad it is. And I understand all that, but that the obligations under the lease agreement for the Hamilton County taxpayers are for improvements to the stadium. That is not building a brand new, free standing office complex next to the stadium. So that hundred and fifty million plus dollars, that's the largest chunk of the what they are asking for doesn't have anything to do with the stadium itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not that that doesn't sound like that's very fan experience to me.
Speaker 2: No offices.
Speaker 1: I doubt fans will even set foot in the office at any given time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in that stadium, I mean you remember hearing years back. I mean that there were things falling apart. There was you know, concrete chipped and all this other stuff that they claimed that was happening to the stadium. So I mean, at the end of the day, Brian like, we have to get smarter about how we interact with the Bengals. I mean, you've got players down there, and you've got Mike Brown and the Bengals themselves that they all have their own little charities. Right there's money that the county spends right now on social services that could potentially be offset by some of these charitable things that the players and the Bengals themselves are doing. That takes some of the pressure. If we're gonna spend money, you're already spending money on these social services, you're spending money on the Bengals. Hey, if we're gonna do something with the Bengals, could we work better with the Bengals to get some of that money to help offset and alleviate some of the money that taxpayers are already spending on some of these social services by leveraging the charitable good that the Bengals themselves and the players are doing. I mean there's things like that that people don't even think about that we could be doing. I mean, there's we're never going to be able Togo stoot with Mike Brown. We have no leverage unless there's another buyer, because the art Modell rule kicks in if there's enough buyer. And I don't know how if everybody listened, and I don't know if you know how, this art Modell rule thing kicks in. But Mike Brown essentially can't move the team if there's another qualified buyer. It makes it much harder for him to move. And I've heard through my various sources that Mike Brown would be happy moving to Mexico City, right and if he doesn't get his way, essentially is what I'm hearing. So you have no leverage as Hamilton County, as voters, we have no leverage unless there's another qualified buyer. Well, how many billionaires are floating around Cincinnati that can afford to buy a team? And the NFL only wants one person. They want one buyer of the team that they can deal with. They don't want a group of multimillionaires to go in and buy it because they need someone at the head.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the rule right now.
Speaker 3: But has anybody ever thought, let's go to the NFL and talk to them, because not every city's New York. In LA, it's getting more and more expensive for cities like Cincinnati and Pittsburgh, even Chicago to have an NFL team and deal with these stadium issues and all this everyoney once in a while. They have a rule in place that they want one person to be able to go to. But nobody's ever thought about potentially doing something like a crowdfund where we can get the fans to own the stadium. Now they're owned the team, like Green Bay, but teams can't do it now because of this new rule that the NFL put in place. But the way around that potentially could be you do something like it, and I'm going to go over some people's heads here. Essentially tokenize the ownership. You put it into an SPV, a special purpose vehicle like a trust. That trust has a board and they have a president. So now even though you've crowdfunded the team, right and you've opened that up to fans to be able to purchase the team, you still have someone in place that the NFL can go to. So the idea is is, look, NFL, it's getting much harder for people to own this. We only have one billionaire in town, and maybe there's a couple other billionaires, but they already own a sports team. So how any other billionaire are going to step in and want to buy this team from Mike Brown. There could be somebody out there, but they're probably not going to be local to Cincinnati. If we, as local people want to keep that team here, that's really the only other way, that's the only way you're going to ever get leverage from Mike Brown, is if we have an offer on the table to purchase the team.
Speaker 1: Organizing that effort could be quite a challenge, and I suspect the NFL would do anything and its power to prevent that from happening as well.
Speaker 3: Possibly, but you got to talk to them, well, I mean, they're not going to give us a you know, half billion dollars either.
Speaker 1: And as we stand right now, because I haven't seen any reporting on what the current commissioners are doing relating to the stadium deal, the negotiations, the improvements, the obligations, or you know, preparing a brand new lease agreement when this one ultimately expires, which it's going to. So nothing, So we don't know if there's been any outreach, nothing to report on that. We don't know what the NFL has said, if anybody's talked to the NFL. We are in the dark. And that's one of the more frustrating things about this election. We just really have little handle on what the commissioners are doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the only thing I've heard of, and I've been in some forums recently with the other commissioners, and Alisia Reese is talking to the NFL about getting us some money. So there's no progress necessary except for political talk.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, at least she's got to yeah something apparently. We'll give her a little credit for that. Age sixteen will continue with Adam Kaylor. Find him on line Adam Taylor Koehl e R dot com, learn about the issues where he is on policies, and consider him as a choice over the lockstep Democrat makeup of the county commissioners. And also call us insulation because it's a great product, an ultimate product, the ultimate no brainer product, because it pays for itself and it provides you with immediate comfort improvement the very day they install it. It's noticeable improvement. Winter time's fast approaching, folks. You know how cold it's going to be. You got USA's foam and the exterior walls of your home and your attic is insulated. You are going to save heap loads of money. Energy bills are not going down. It's like the seven dollars per pound of ground beef that I've bade the other day, the two dollars fifty apiece for oranges the other day. I don't think my food prices are going down. You know energy is not going to go down. So get ahead of that bill. Save money every month. It will pay for itself, this wonderful product. It also qualifies you for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year. And they have financing options available, so this isn't like you just have to write a check. They'll work with you on financing solutions. It makes it very affordable to do what's right for you, improve your comfort and save money. So get in touch with them at five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one foam if you if your house is under insulate, in other words, you got some R twelve in the walls like my daughter did, put the foam in with it. A free inspection will determine where you are in terms of the adequacy of the insulation you've got, because you may need it, you may not. They'll be honest with you about that. If you have an older home like mid seventies and before, there's nothing in those exterior walls, fill it with the highest R value phone in the market. And again twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year online USA Insulation dot.
Speaker 4: Net, fifty five KRCY.
Speaker 1: Talk station Brian Thomas Adam Kler running for Hamilton County Commissioner. Excellent man, he is. I can't encourage you enough to head on over to Adam Kayler dot com and check his background out where he is on the issues, and of course the issues transcend. You know, the commissioner's race course stadium deal one of the bigger ones. But we've got some really important issues in Ohio. And as you were telling me, the polling shows Donald Trump on you gov is now eight points ahead.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep of Harris Harris. At this point. Last in twenty twenty, it was zero right, they were too good, had him dead tide dead tide. Trump ended up winning by eight in Ohio.
Speaker 1: So your point is, if they use the same methodology, then Trump could be as high as sixteen points ahead.
Speaker 3: That's right, and most pollsters have trouble with rural Americans. So getting out in you know, Lime, Ohio and the places like that to start, you know, polling people and Republicans don't really to poles the same way Democrats do. So if you look at the methodology of these polls, a lot of times they oversample Democrats, and they oversample left leaning independence.
Speaker 1: Well, and let us not overlook the reality that there are so many people who won't even admit that they're going to be voting for Trump. They demonized them so thoroughly that to even utter the words I'm voting for Trump, you know, invokes the ire of so many people outside. It's like, you know what, I'm not even going to play this game. I'm going to do what I want, shut up, get away from my face, or lie or otherwise just not even participate in the poll.
Speaker 3: Well, this is why people were sick of Democrats. I mean, the whole time COVID was happening, what they do, I mean it was like totalitarianism in this country. Yeah, and the way they treated their neighbors, the way they told on their neighbors. I mean that happened throughout history right in some bad ways, but they just turned into crazy people. And I mean Andrew Pappus on Facebook the other day you saw it too. He just posted a lady and Anderson kicking a Trump sign in someone's yard and trying to pull out a ground and she got on her knees and she's punching it.
Speaker 1: It's like the sign had molested her young child or something.
Speaker 2: Unhinged, totally unhinged.
Speaker 3: I don't know what is going on in My wife and I were sitting here in a conversation last night about the difference between urban liberals and suburban liberals, because now you've got this relatively new thing, the suburban liberal.
Speaker 2: And where did they come from?
Speaker 3: You talk to guys like Papas He says, Yeah, these are city people that you know, they got sick of the crime, they got sick of the schools. They moved out to Anderson or they moved it, you know, Blue Ash or wherever. But they keep voting the same way. It's it's it's wild to me. And for whatever reason they believe MSNBC, they believe this, you know, all the stuff that Rachel Maddow tells them. But there is a difference. I feel like the urban liberal is is much more educated you can kind of have a conversation with them. Uh, but the suburban liberal, for whatever reason, I don't know what's going on with them. They seem to be almost worse.
Speaker 1: It was that woke college education that did them in, I think, and.
Speaker 2: They never got over it, right, they never. They don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't interact, and they they demonize anyone who's voting for Trump is if you're some kind of racist fascist part and they use those words on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: That's the Tavlovian response. It's baked into the cake. It's just immediately knee jerk reaction. They followed what their you know, MSNBC lords and masters tell them to say, and they don't have any context for why they're saying it.
Speaker 3: That is why they're losing. That is why they're behind right now. And then they you know, they send out Kamala who you know can't talk without a teleprompter.
Speaker 2: Well, and even when she's out drunk at the time. I mean, it's crazy, Well it is.
Speaker 1: And you know, talk with Christopher Smoothman earlier in the program about Barack Obama giving an earfull of black men about they need to vote.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've seen the tiktoks on that seen a ton of it there losing really angry black men out there coming back and saying you got to be out of your mind. By all, Well, you want to talk about, uh, you want to talk about shifts, Let's talk about the African American shift, and let's talk about the Hispanic shift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll talk a little bit about that and on you won. We got a whole lot to go through with Adam Keayler here in this morning. We're gonna do that. Just stick around, be right back after the brief words.
Speaker 5: Something weird is going on because I don't know what's true and what's not anymore. Because you can't trust the government, you can't trust the media, you can't trust social media. Someone with a large national megaphone needs to amplify how bad this is.
Speaker 3: If only there was someone doing that weekdays.
Speaker 5: At nine, could you write that down. Find somebody with a large national megaphone, the Glenn Mactrol Graft if you have one, let us know on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: The Simply Money Minute is sponsored by Emory Federal Critic.
Speaker 1: Here's your nine first one to weather volcast clouds and isolated evening showers high a fifty nine today over night down to forty two with the same things. Clouds and isolated showers. Get the same thing tomorrow too, isolated showers and clouds with a high fifty five. Clear Sky's Tuesday night thirty seven for the low right now forty nine degreast time for Jason. With a traffic update, We're on the uc.
Speaker 4: HEL Traffic Center Mammograms Save Lives called five one three, five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with uc Health's expert team. South seventy five Mitchell Avenue accident blocking all lanes of traffic squeezing by only there on the right shoulder. Expect major delays heading south on your back through the blacklan split to avoid South seventy five. If you can't fender bender on reading Ed Columbia and in Northern Kentucky South seventy five you have a broken down a twelve street.
Speaker 1: Block in the left shoulder.
Speaker 4: I'm Jason Earhardt on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: A thirty fifty five KERCG talk station Brot Thomas with Adam Taylor and studio Righty for Hamilt County commissioner and talking about this polling numbers which could very much in your to your benefit near to the benefit of other down further down ballot races. Of course, you got the Bernie Marino shared brown and you know they continue to run ads on with Bernie Marina saying he's going to implement a nationwide abortion bandy. Donald Trump's even said no, I would never sign that, and then the Supreme Court pointed out that no, this is not something over which the federal government even has to say, and it is a state's issue. So the idea of these ads keep running. I guess you know that to me is insulting. It's insulting to me because I know better than that.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, it's sort of taking advantage to the low information voter, or not to insult anybody's intelligence intelligence. But on matters political, a lot of people don't pay any attention. Anybody runs around going, you know, Donald Trump races, xenopho, homophobe, whatever. They're not paying attention because nobody has able to illustrate or demonstrate a specific in its instance where Donald Trump has engaged in, or adopted or embraced that type of philosophy anywhere.
Speaker 3: No, he's a known commodity. He was already president for four years. Right, it's the Roe v. Wade thing, like they lost their minds. But that was the Supreme Court decision. But they blamed Trump for that because Trump put a couple of those Supreme Court justices on the Supreme Court. So they blamed Trump for that. But if Trump wanted to do some national abortion maann, wouldn't he a push for that when he was president?
Speaker 1: Well and appropriately? So people blame this nineteen seventy three Roe v. Wadecourt on engaging in liberal activism judicial activism. You know, Donald Trump appointed conservative justice. In other words, they follow the letter of the Constitution. They don't make up and write laws. They interpret the laws that are in front of them in the context of the Constitution. And when that case made it, they said, wall, wait a second, isn't even a power the federal government enjoys.
Speaker 3: The Democrats forget we live in the United States of America. They love the federal government. The federal government is their god now it is.
Speaker 1: And this pesky states that have different philosophies and ideas because the constituents feel differently than the left. They can't handle that. Yeah, I mean, they can't live in a world where someone isn't in one hundred percent unified agreement with all their batcrap insane ideology. We have legitimate concerns as Republicans. We look at Kamala, the fact that her dad was a Marxist professor, the fact that she's Canadian, the fact that you know, all these things in her rhetoric, the things she said about taxing unrealized capital gains. That is crazy talk. I mean, that is so far left, it's insane. The rhetoric around the First and Second Amendment that you've heard from the left, and they'll gaslight you on this. Oh yeah, but these are real concerns. I'm talking about the structure of our country, foundational document, the Constitution. They want to change that right because you know, they're not getting their things across that they want to get across to lead us down the path of communism.
Speaker 3: But they're not concerned. What concerns do they have? Their concerns are make believe Trump is going to institute a national abortion ban.
Speaker 2: No he's not.
Speaker 3: He's come out and said he's not going to institute a national abortion ban.
Speaker 1: And he believes in exceptions for any ban in abortion, including rape, incis life of the mother, and those are things that the left has been in favor of a long time. And there's Donald Trump on record he does not believe in a one hundred percent abortion band that notwithstanding the fact that he's not going to have a damn bit of control over any bands or proposals. Neither will Commersion and neither will she. Yeah, that irks me to no end. What else let's see here in terms of the the idea that Trump is, if he's really truly doing that, well, I mean, there's an opportunity to get Bernie Moraino elected. We can get Orlando's Sanza around here in Hamilton County.
Speaker 2: What a brilliant How much is better is he than Landsman? It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh, the debate was just absolutely You've got to be in.
Speaker 3: A cult to not look at their resumes and see that Sonza is just far and away a much better candidate. I mean, west Point, he's a CPA, he's a prosecutor, a beautiful wife raising an unbelievably great family. I mean, the guy is he's got everything you want a candidate. And then you look at Landsman, defund the police, all this other nonsense that he's done, and I just I can't wrap my head around, like the fact that we're just don't live in a logical world anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know the other thing I can take some great comfort in, and I saw this off a piece in the Wall Street Journal about what's going on out in California where they, you know, engage in this progressive sort of experiment defunding or rather not criminalizing drugs or decriminalizing them. And then also this whole idea that you know, less than nine hundred and fifty dollars is going to be a misdemeanor that was prop forty seven. Well, because of the social costs have gotten so bad for Californians, they are backing what is called Proposition thirty six, which is going to be voting on. They will restore penalties as a criminal determ to and rehabilitation as an inducement. For example, drug traffickers, you will get an opportunity to get back into treatment rather than prosecution if you pursue that path. Otherwise they're going to lock you up like they used to. So that puts people in a position to turn their lives around. But you have to criminalize the behavior up front to get them to enter these programs. They threw that out before, and they're living the reality of it. And there's a direct correlation between drug use and abuse and crimes. Duh, because people who are whacked down addicted to drugs usually aren't holding a steady job, so they've got to steal things in order to uh, And.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to deal with it. You just get your stuff stolen, and you're supposed to just be fine with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but get a load of this. Even in blue as far left wing state as you can get, California, u C. Berkeley Institute of Government Studies polled at IS polled last week, voters favor this Prop thirty six by a three to one margin, with the strongest support among Latinos. How about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people don't want crime in their neighborhood. And this is the wild thing you know the left all well, black people can't get IDs, you know, they think it's insulting. Everything they do is is like they call, you know, Republicans' races. But it's like you guys are kind of undercover races. Like you don't think black people can get ideas. You don't think black people want safety in their neighborhoods. It's crazy to me. I live in an African American neighborhood. We know my neighbor, her son just got shot and killed on East Cliff and I on August twentieth. She's on my front the stoop of my house the other day crying about it. It's been you know, a month or so, and I'm like, you know, Stacy, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: Still crying? You know, my son?
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about him. And it's just like this kind of stuff happens all the time. There's a dry by at the house caddy corner from us. My neighbor's Shorty, right next door to us. There's an empty line in between us and her. She's sweeping up something. We go over there the other day, Oh hey, Shorty, how's it going. Bullet showcasings. Oh my god, there's still a bullet hole in the window. We had a bullet come through. We talked about this. We had a bullet come through my bedroom window. It's just like this kind of stuff happens on a regular basis in the city. And then we get gas lit. That crime is down and they just broadly use that crime is down for who? Who is crime down for?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the Biden and Harris running around talking about No, don't believe your wallet, don't believe your own eyes when you're at grocery shoping. But we're telling you that everything is great. Look at the stock market. Yeah, I'm sure that that really helps a low income inner city person struggling with rent and grocery bills, that the stock market happens to be up when they're not invested in it. Yeah, that's a real winner. Hold on, we'll continue with Adam Kaylor just after a brief few words, he'll be right back.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Hey forty one if you have KRCIT talk station, by the time's here with Adam Kylor and studio for the whole hour. Adam Kaylor dot com, Koehl, E. R. Run A County commissioner and Adam. Over the break there we were talking about growth in Hamilton County and where it is, and then a little comparison shopping as to maybe what some of the surrounding counties are doing by way of growth. And it doesn't look like a very pretty picture. You mentioned Claremont County by way of illustration. So where are we in terms of growth? Clearly needed, We need investment in the county, We need more jobs and business is yeah, right, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean you got Hamilton County which has had a two percent growth rate over the last decade, while some neighboring counties, and I believe it's Claremont has had a twenty two percent growth rate over the last decade. And I mean you can imagine where that's coming from. It's not like people are leaving Pittsburgh or Nashville to come to Claremont County. Those people are coming from Hamilton County. And the one problem is you don't have pro growth people in power here. We have a Democrat i'd say progressive monopoly on city Council and Hamilton County Commission.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, we've.
Speaker 3: Got a you know this this Black Music Hall of Fame downtown, right, do we spend millions of dollars on you know, we spend about a million dollars a year there just cutting the grass. And I heard someone say, oh, well, there's been thirty five thousand people that have come seen it, and over a year thirty five thousand people in a year. Is that a tourist attraction? Is that sound like a tourist attraction year?
Speaker 1: It doesn't work out, right, it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't work out, But we're spending money on stuff like that instead of how do we get the people who are not participating in the economy right now to participate in the economy. Half of Hamilton County's budget goes to criminal justice. That's your money and my money that we have to spend. If there's anywhere I think we could save money, it's by not producing criminals in the first place. But we have school system that there's nothing really I could do about the sinsa public school system as as a Hamilt County commissioner, except I have a bully poolpit to say, hey, get your stuff together. You're costing tax payers a ridiculous amount of money by not doing your job and keeping kids out of the criminal justice system that we have to pay for.
Speaker 1: There's so many layers in that, and I don't even know where to begin at them, because of course I typically like to play place most of the blame and the deterioration of the nuclear family.
Speaker 2: And if you don't have a new gown.
Speaker 1: That path right the left, Yeah, by not requiring fathers to take on the responsibility of paying for and supporting the children that bring into this world, and hooking up women in the umbilical court of government by saying, well, if there is a man in your life that provides financial support, you're not entitled to any of this aide which forced women to stay away from the other guys so they can get the money coming from government, which I'll be honest is probably a hell of a lot more reliable than the baby daddy and trying to track him down and get him to pay.
Speaker 3: And why do you think they're losing the blackmail vote right now? The blackmail has not been able to participate in any of those benefits. They're still on the hook, right They're going to jail for not paying child sport. They're dealing with a lot of this stuff. They don't benefit from a lot of these things. They're looking at why they've been voting Democrat for the last seventy years, like what have we been doing?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Where has it gotten us?
Speaker 3: And Hispanics too, they hear this stuff about the family's not important, this and that from the Democrats and They're like, wait a minute, families important to.
Speaker 1: Us, hugely important among the Latino community.
Speaker 3: Huge and more and more of those types of folks are moving into Hamilton County. I mean my neighborhood, Price Hill, It's always kind of been a neighborhood for folks like us. You know, I grew up in a single parent household. My dad wasn't around, he didn't job support, right. We had a lot of the same problems as many inner city people, right, And that's what Price Sol was. It's always been kind of a melting pot of folks.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I grew up with a lot of African American people, a lot of Appalachians, big Appalachian community, and we didn't want to be poor. We didn't want crime in our neighborhoods. But it seems to be a dumping ground for crime. They just kind of forget about us, right, And people are starting to wake up to that fact, and they're like, wait a minute, why do we keep voting Democrat? We always voted Democrat when I was a kid, and I finally woke up, right, start paying taxes, start being a productive citizen, and you're like, wait a minute, what are we paying for? Half the county's money is going to criminal justice right now, just to keep people in jail. The schools are are a pipeline to prison. If you are going to save taxpayers money somewhere, stop sending us prisoners, stop sending us people, start creating productive citizens, Bring the trades back for God's sake. Put some vocational programs back in these schools like Western Hills.
Speaker 1: That right, there is a winning ideacational training. It's all the rage these days. College education not so much, especially when you come out of college with two hundred thousand dollars in debt and nothing but this sort of liberal arts degree that well, guess what, there are no jobs that are going to be paying the money that you need to pay off that student debt with. It's just it's a pointless exercise. It's like paying two hundred thousand dollars to learn a hobby. Eight forty six fifty five K City Talks Station one more with Adam Kaylor again, Adam Kaylor got dot Com. I'll be right back, fifty five car the talk station one more time for the weather this morning. Channel nine says cloudy and isolated evening showers fifty nine tonight down to forty two, cloudy and isolated showers. Mostly cloudy with isolated showers Tomorrow with the high fifty five and then overnight low of thirty seven. Skis will clear up, closing out of forty nine degrees right now. Jason, time for final traffic.
Speaker 4: From the uce Hell Traffic Center. Mamma Graham's Save Lives call five one three, five eight four pink to schedule your annual Mammo Graham with uc Hell's expert team.
Speaker 1: That's five eight four pink.
Speaker 4: South seventy five at Mitchell Avenue. Accident with a car on its top. They've moved the car back upright and have it hooked up to the tow truck, but emergency vehicles still blocking all four lanes are squeezing by only on the right shoulder. Expect to lays back through the locklun split. In fact, South seventy five also slow Union Center down to two seventy five. I'm Jason Earhart on fifty five KRC the talk.
Speaker 1: Station eight fifty year fifty five KRCD talk station. My friend Jeff from Marc on tool says, yes, you are right, we have to start teaching the trades again. There are great jobs out there, no student debt, and of course you can get paid well you learn. I mean, we talk with John Morris, former the Associated Builders and Contracts about that all the time. Lots of jobs in the trades, and probably even more now given all the hurricane damage and all the rebuilding and the projects that need to be done. We can go on for hours on that. Adam Kaylor find them online at Adam Kayler dot com. Probably a better path for himl Uinty Commissioner offering some more conservative perspective, some bit some really pro growth in Hamilton County perspectives, and of course a man who has seen it all. He's been a resident of the city of Cincinnati and in a well, very mixed community and grew up very poor with a single mom, and you know, not anymore, not anymore. You change your life around, and you've been a very successful businessman. I applaud your record and your hard work, and you're just proof that it pays off. Hard work and an education is the key to freedom, the key to yeah, freedom from the umbilical court of government, which is very addictive anyway, Adam, final thoughts, where we part company today? I know, I guess I leave it to you to decide which direction you want to go. You got a few minutes here left. Well, I want to fight for my city. I want to fight for the county.
Speaker 3: I want you know, there's there's been a disinvestment I would say disinterest from Republicans because I mean there's been a flight of Republicans from Hamilton County out to the suburbs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like they almost feel like it feels like they've almost given up, completely given up.
Speaker 3: There's this down trodden attitude. I want to bring some energy back to the GOP. I want to bring energy back. I want to bring you know, more people here, like I've got a I went to school in Pittsburgh, right, got a big Bengal sticker on the back of my car, got broken into twice. They hate me. They hate me at Pittsburgh right. Well, I don't like them either. I want their businesses to move here. I don't want Columbus to do better than us. I was in Indianapolis on Saturday. You know, they've got some growth. There's some things happening. And I was in Carmel, beautiful suburb. You know, I see that stuff happening. And now I'm like, why can't we have it here. What's going on in Cincinnati, what's going on in Hamilton County. Let's bring that back. You've got guys here that have never stopped working politically in Hamilton County, Guys like Jim Keether on the west side. You good friends with Jim. I mean, he gets out there. The guy is NonStop. He's a guy lives in Price, lived in Pryso for years. He's seeing what's going on in that neighborhood. He's seen what's going on in our communities. And it's like you've got a Democrat monopoly. One of the biggest problems is is I guarantee you all those guys that on city Council, on County Commission. I bet you they all got a teachers union endorsement.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. If I was a betting man, I put it all in on that.
Speaker 3: And if you've got a teachers union endorsement, you want to keep that endorsement. Right, So what happened and when the schools start to do I wouldn't wear it as a badge of pride. Honestly, I would either. I would either. But if you turn a blind eye to the failures of the school. You turn a blind eye to the nineteen percent college readiness rate, the forty three percent chronic truancy rate. Truancy has never been this high in the public schools. Do you understand, Brian, They're creating a system of failure in our schools and in our county. And what's in what's going to happen is is the next generation is going to be worse than the last one.
Speaker 1: Oh, without question, without question, That's what's going to happen. In couple with that truancy rate. I imagine this factors into the whole idea of equitable grade. In other words, you don't hold anyone back because it's going to hurt their feelings or something, and you go ahead and advance them to the next grade when they haven't had a mastery of the grade that they're currently in meeting. The problem just keeps getting worse and worse and worse as you move forward.
Speaker 3: Well, kids have no idea what they want to do, Brian. I went to a school for the credit and former arts. Everybody at that school, which I sent on the board of right now, everybody at that school had a vision for what they wanted to do. They knew they had a talent. Someone helped them identify that at a young age. I can dance, I can sing, I could draw. In my case, I could draw. I've owned an ad agency for fourteen years.
Speaker 1: Brian.
Speaker 3: It got me into my startup. I've done art the whole time. Like it pointed me in a direction. I'm just a broke kid from probably selling a single mother household, hanging around with games. Right, I needed direction. I didn't know how the world worked. These kids don't have a clue. They rely on older people. They rely on folks who've been out in the workforce, who know what's coming. The problem is current leadership's more worried about their progressive policies than they are.
Speaker 2: What's next, pronouns, what's coming? How we are going to build affordable housing?
Speaker 1: Brian.
Speaker 3: We don't have plumbers, we don't have electricians, we don't have HVC guys. Meanwhile, there's businesses for sale baby boomers, profitable businesses that are selling that are just gonna go away because they have no secession plan. And the young people they're not interested even if they wanted to buy that business. How do they do it? How do they do it?
Speaker 2: There's no plan. We have no plan.
Speaker 3: We need to start creating cycles of success, not cycles of poverty, and that's what we have now. We have cycles of poverty. And these are long term plans. These don't happen overnight, so we got to start doing that.
Speaker 1: Adam Kaylor represents a great option on Hamilton County Commissioner Adam Kayler Koehler dot com. Check him out, help support him, get a yard sign in your front yard, maybe donate to the campaign. I know this silence is deafening from your opponent, Adam, so I know you've got some great ideas. You're enthusiastic about making Hamilton County a better place.
Speaker 3: Thank you gonna win, that's the problem. Nobody's out here fighting so here I am.
Speaker 1: Well, it's been great hearing from you Brett today. If you didn't get a chance to listen. Christopher Smithan and congratulations to Christopher Smithen now Grandpa Smithman. He had his first grandchild, his oldest son, Christopher, and we've got another Christopher out there, the third, so continuing a line of succession. I know he's really happy, but he's also angry too. Get the smith event also, and of course my row with Adam Kaylor here fIF Com Tune in tomorrow, Brightboard, Inside Scoop and the Daniel Davis Steep Dive. Thank you Joe Strecker as always for producing the program. And Happy birthday brother, Happy birthday, Joe turned fifty yesterday. Have a great day, folks. Tune in tomorrow and I'll go a weg Glennbeck's coming up.
Speaker 2: You use two November at the top en thirty pass. I like checking the news throughout the day.
Speaker 3: This is a big one. This leans a.
Speaker 2: Lot fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station