Speaker 1: It's just really sad.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody. It is the CaCO Day radio program. I was listening to News before the show kicked off, and Kyle in News was he was doing a story about some of the trim downs going on at the.
Speaker 1: Panthers rosters that time of the year.
Speaker 2: You know, NFL kicks off a week from tomorrow, a week ross. Are you ready a week from tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Are you pumped.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, no, I can't wait, can't wait, Okay, looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: And and I was listening to Kyle do that, and I.
Speaker 2: Thought, haha, suckers, that's very sad when you have to kick because sometimes you're cutting players that people like, will they be back for the practice squad? What's going on? Will they end up with another team? Only so much roster space. Here's the life hack. What you want to do is you want to have seven of your starters injured, including three skilled players skilled positions as they say, And then if most of your team is dead even before the season starts, then you don't have to worry about it because you don't have to cut them because they're you know, they're in rehab. So you know, one weird trick to avoid that that absurdity. Anyway, the more I think about it, ross Bundesliga.
Speaker 1: Let's look at the schedule here.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, wait, hold on, hold on, all right, So we got Bundesliga right around the corner.
Speaker 4: Man, how do you feel about the season this year coming up?
Speaker 2: I you know, a lot of people are saying this is gonna be a it's gonna be a big season in the Bundesliga, which, by the way, for those who don't know, is the German footballer league, which I find comfort in. Now, I I'm gonna give it three out of five killbosses.
Speaker 1: Oh well, A lot of people are giving it for and I don't want to. Look, here's the deal.
Speaker 2: I don't want to come across like one of these cocky, smug, irrational Patriots fans right where they're just like, oh it's good.
Speaker 4: Now, you got to stop that. I I've always seen myself and you can. I mean, I'm a huge Patriots, Cowboys Packers fan.
Speaker 1: What yeah? So I mean I won't How about the Dolphins?
Speaker 4: Stand for that?
Speaker 1: About the Dolphins?
Speaker 4: Dolphins great team, really going to dominate the AFC East. I dairy to find anything my pass that would say that I've said opposite. I've never I've always been this way. Is that I'm dairy to find anything.
Speaker 2: I get my buddy Jonathan carl on It from Maybe News, Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, And he looks to see if you.
Speaker 4: The Patriots, the Pets, my passion many favorite team.
Speaker 2: What if there was hypothetically, what if there was tape of you saying opposite?
Speaker 4: This ridiculous? I see, Okay, you know who should be president? Bill Belichick?
Speaker 1: How about Lebron for vice president?
Speaker 4: Amazing generational talent, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I feel like, oh, I feel like maybe this isn't You don't think I'm being genuine.
Speaker 1: I hate to question your your your passion.
Speaker 4: One thing I don't do. Flip flop.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, that's that's fair. That's uh, that is uh, that is fair.
Speaker 2: And I would like to I would like to point out that it's not just the bundes lega league which Ross and I gravitated towards be cause what was it again?
Speaker 1: Oh it's fun to say so, but that's all it takes. Man.
Speaker 2: And uh, let's see who's uh what do we got coming up here? We just had matches this week? Oh, okay, all right, uh ross, you want to handicap these? So, uh, Friday is the next Boondesliga Max. It's against Saint Pauli, which I think is a beer isn't that the beer in the green bottle with the girl? Uh Saint Pauli versus Union Berlin.
Speaker 4: I have them up by at least seven schnitzels.
Speaker 1: Seven schnitzels.
Speaker 2: Well look at that the and just to show you how close it is, Vegas handicappers six and a half schnitzels, so very close.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what was your favorite team again? Was it? Uh VfB Stutta Gart.
Speaker 4: No, I'm a.
Speaker 1: H the oh the Ryan where you're saying around, But yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I am as you know, I am a big fan of the Moc and Glovit Boch, the Moke and Glovit Box.
Speaker 4: They can't be stopped.
Speaker 2: Uh well they can't actually because I believe they're in They're not in first so.
Speaker 4: Uh well you know you can come and f since still come in first place.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, I forgot about that. That's so, I'm so that's so silly of me. Yeah, I mean the last thing I knew they were undefeated. No, they're undefeated in our hearts they're in last. Yeah, they well that, but they have one one maybe no, they haven't even one one.
Speaker 2: Can you win none and still be first? I can't remember what she's what she said in her audio. In fact, we put that audio up now that I'm thinking about it while I'm reviewing this, and I want to point out that, more so than just distracting myself from what what could be a very scary.
Speaker 1: Uh season, I.
Speaker 2: Am into the into the Bundesliga, and there's several other soccer clubs for no no particular reason that I have chosen to follow from around the world. As you know, I am a big fan on the African continent of the bots does it Botswana Botswana Meet Commission, which is Botswana's team for some reason, Ross, have you expanded out past the past the old.
Speaker 1: Maryland big into third world athletics? Oh okay, you know why? Because they really want it? Do yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah?
Speaker 2: So what would you be your favorite team? The Young Boys of bern Switzerland? Oh okay, I see. How about Seamen Podong uh the Indonesian one of the top Indonesian squads.
Speaker 1: They're pretty good and Uh, if if.
Speaker 2: You want to go down to Peru, they have a deportivo Wanka. Deportivo is a word you'll see a lot among the Latin American teams. Uh how about football get fart the Norwegian team. So I'm just saying there, there's, there's, there's a whole lot of Oh and then in Argentina of course Deportivo Moron. So yeah, there are lots of action we'll be covering as the season unfolds. But remember, as Kamala said, by doing that.
Speaker 5: And all that that requires, which is the hard work, the practice, working as a team, knowing that you will be undefeated even if you don't win every game. But no circumstance or event or moment will defeat your spirit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So for the fans of Moke and Glob and Bach, you know, forget the fact that they haven't won any games. It's early in the season. Man, it just kicked off. So well we'll continue to stay on top of that.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: There's you know what, the teams are just fun to say. There's one called Mayonnaise Rossu fan of mayonnaise. I'm sure that's not how it's pronounced, but yeah, yeah, I wouldn't root for miracle whip, but we'll get behind that alrighty, So yeah, gonna be one of those one of those weird Wednesday mornings as I try not to get into the football talk because it makes me sad. All right, six fifteen, we'll get a rundown of other stuff besides Bundesliga that that we'll get to. We'll do that next here on the CaCO Day radio program. Every you know that that is one of the fun things, isn't. Oh, by the way, Trump is tweeting like a son of a gun ross. I don't know if you've been following him. Let's see if he tweeted anything. I so miss this aspect of the show because again, in the being in the morning, you don't get to do with the afternoon guys get to do, which is a lot of times there's stuff going on, so you can jip as they say. Now he hasn't tweeted anything this morning. Let's see what was the last The last thing he tweeted was around midnight.
Speaker 1: There, around eleven.
Speaker 2: It says it is DOJ policy that the DOJ should not take any action that will influence an election within.
Speaker 1: Sixty days of the election. But they've just taken that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's talking about the refiling of charges probably election interference. Comrade Kamala Biden hoaxes, YadA, YadA, YadA. All right, So well if he tweets if you don't know, so, remember the Supreme Court basically neutered the January sixth charge, and so now they had to figure out what they were going to do.
Speaker 1: But they've decided to do it.
Speaker 2: I know you'll be shocked to learn this is they went ahead and refiled minus that with the Supreme Court spoke to which, of course we'll get another challenge. And it doesn't feel like they're and with the spirit of it. But that's that's one of those things in process. As horrible as it sounds, right, there's just so much going on. It hasn't risen to the level of a story that I think is going to be impactful yet. But obviously Trump is cheesed. But you know who thought they weren't going to refile? I guess that would be my question? All right, coming up on the show, let's see, apparently you all are worried about everything. We got some North Carolina poland we'll talk about we'll see if you actually agree with the results there.
Speaker 1: Disney's hiring.
Speaker 2: So it appears they did not learn their lesson with the snow white stuff, you know on the latest, with the with the debate, the debate results, I still am not confident that that comes to pass, even though they have reportedly reportedly found themselves a little angle and a little scandal there. And yeah, the Trump pizza gate. All right, so you're ready for this, and this is this is this is just the pettiness of all this insanity. So Donald Trump stopped by Trump Force forty seven, that is that is apparently what they call the campaign offices, or any of his campaign offices. So he went to the one in Detroit, and he brought pizza. Everybody loves pizza, especially when you know you're putting in the late nights, the early mornings, you're out there, you know, pounding the pavement talking to voters.
Speaker 1: By the way, here is that somebody is really happy.
Speaker 2: But I forgot, dude, how did Ross How did Trump get the train enthusiast to work for him? That's what I want to know, man, That dude is way too Do you think the problem is is probably destroy a Detroit style pizza.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine being that excited for Detroit style pizza Ross where they can't even figure out where the sauce goes. They're like, oh, we forgot to put the sauce on. That's how Detroit see.
Speaker 4: It's a mess.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, we're so dumb, we forgot to put the sauce on.
Speaker 1: Crap.
Speaker 2: And then last minute they put it on like it's one of those Gordon Ramsey cooking shows and they have thirty seconds to plate and then boom there's Detroit. And then you have to pretend like you meant to put the sauce on top of it and you baked it in a square?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Probably Hawaiian? All right?
Speaker 2: So anyway, so other than laughing at how excited this dude is over pizza or maybe meeting Trump, I don't know one of the two, the Harris campaign went in a different direction, deciding that they were going to pounce upon it. As they say in the media, two small pizzas for the half dozen volunteers electric pretty awesome, because of course all Trump brought was two small pizzas, and because in that one shot you see him holding two boxes and a room full of that.
Speaker 1: That's probably all he brought. Can you ross?
Speaker 2: Can you fathom a businessman such as Trump miscalculating the total pizza need that badly? He's like, you can have it's it's literally, let them eat cake. In this case, it's let to meet two small pizzas.
Speaker 4: Let the Troit pizza.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love the Trump Forest forty seven logo.
Speaker 2: Oh crap, what is that below the Trump Forest forty seven logo?
Speaker 4: You mean those green boxes right there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Those rectangular green boxes? Are those markers and stuff? Or there's one, two, three for there's ten of them, not counting the two that Trump's holding.
Speaker 1: Do we know what that is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think those are those? Those are those are other boxes of pizza.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, look at that. Oh so, so he's got twelve.
Speaker 4: Big old stack of pizza.
Speaker 1: Isn't that doesn't it? Isn't that so wrong? The shape of those pizza boxes, by the way, rectangular. Again.
Speaker 2: I understand you're in Detroit, but sometimes you got to do your own campaign staff a favor. Get them some New York even, get them Chicago Deep Ditch if you want. But instead, no, he brought them twelve boxes and literally in the video you can see it.
Speaker 1: But this is where we are. This is the level of.
Speaker 2: Where we got. We got to go out and get you. So we're gonna find anything. Some of my favorite football teams because they got funny names. And then Ross and I were talking about bad wrestling names, and I hadn't thought about the the stone Cold Steve Austin backstory forever. So for those of you who don't know, when he decided he was going to do the the Cold Freeze route, he was being managed by what was it, ted dbi Ossi at the time, and I remember reading this years ago. Did you know what stone Cold Steve Austin's other names he got to pick from were. Now, granted they came up with stone Cold Steve Austin, but they had initially selected Chili mcfreeze from a list that DBAs provided that included the following Baron von Ruthless, Ice Dagger, and Fang mcfrost along with Chili mcfreeze. And then about the time they were going to go with Chili mcfreeze, I guess somebody suggested stone Cold.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Of course before that he was Stunning Steve Austin and his gimmick was sort of like you know, like a pretty boy sort of you know, ego Rick Flair sort of thing. And there was a problem that started happening where his hair started falling out. He was going bald, and I was like, well, I can't really do this gimmick anymore because my you know, stunning, my hair is falling out. So he shaved his head and he's like, well, I need to come up with a new gimmick.
Speaker 1: And he did it. First.
Speaker 2: He initially went with the ring Master, but then they're like, nah, we need something else. Can you imagine watching the Rock take on Chili mcfreeze at WrestleMania what seven or eight?
Speaker 1: Come on, man, you'd be puffed for that Chili mcfreeze. Dude, he should have got with that.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, wrestling fans low, there's been some dumb there's been some dumb wrestling names has in there. I mean, if you were to think back in there, I think.
Speaker 4: Sir, sir, are you calling join the clown dumb?
Speaker 1: How about Man Tar? Come on?
Speaker 4: Mantar was amazing, dude.
Speaker 1: Man, what a dumb name? Come on, Man Tar? Uh No? Doink the Cloud? What are you talking about? You can't insult Jink the clown.
Speaker 4: In my favorite part. Remember what was better than one doink? Two doinks?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or wasn't there? Wasn't there a bunch of doinks one time? What was the other? Kung remember Kung Fu Naki Kung who was.
Speaker 2: Japanese by the way, I just remember, I remember that, and Kung Fu is obviously Chinese. It's almost as if not everyone is who they say they are, But luckily I don't have to worry about that with most of them.
Speaker 1: What was what? This is the one I was looking up? All right, that's right? Do you ross? Do you remember the tag team Thrasher? What was the tag team you were talking about? The Nasty Boy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Nasty Boys? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Do you remember Thrasher?
Speaker 4: Maybe if I saw him off the top of my head, I do not?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So Thrasher had a partner and they were called the Headbangers, and uh his part of one of the dude's name was Beaver Cleavage. I don't know why I remember that, but I remember that, and uh because what was so weird is the shtick was his manager was his mom called missus Cleavage, and that whole, that whole, that whole uh uh that whole thing was weird, and I think he changed his name to Chaz so obviously in solidarity with the protesters in Seattle.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Look at this stuff you're learning this morning. All right, So uh, let me go ahead and get into this to do do do the Human Rights Commission?
Speaker 1: All right? So you talk about some of these you know they they always point.
Speaker 2: Out they always point out Republicans with some of the big like ALEC. Right, you hear that, and that that's a an organization that Basically what they do is they have people that will help write legislation on particular issues, and then they will find legislators in different states. So ALEC they may have a bill that This is why you see a lot of states that will pass the same stuff like protecting Children in Sports Act. Okay, right, So a bunch of states, glitting North Carolina basically decided, all right, we got we got to put some legislation down about biological males competing against biological females in our high school sports.
Speaker 1: So they went and put a bill together.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that was an ALEC bill or which organization, but a lot of times there's a singular organization that is putting together the main part of.
Speaker 1: That legislation, and there's a reason for it. Right when you're.
Speaker 2: Writing legislation that's likely to cause a court challenge, which is anything and everything a Republican does, and it's getting to the point where it's everything a Democrat does because this is this is where the left has taken us sue tell you're blue. And so when they're putting that together, they have to find language in there that is likely to pass muster, not just in the state, which is why the bills are then localized.
Speaker 1: But also within court systems.
Speaker 2: Something that can trickle up through the various districts and if it goes to the Supreme Court is hopefully on settled case law or sound legal precedent. Okay, So when you get over to the left, they don't talk about them. They have tons of these organizations and arguably there must they're much they have much stronger flex and the Human Rights Commission is one of them.
Speaker 1: So on anything with.
Speaker 2: DEI and and all of that. Human Rights Commission is out there and they're the ones that scores, just like you know, some of the conservative think tanks will do scores. So that's really their role, but I want to point out they're very powerful and they have a lot of influence. So when I'm sitting there and I'm listening.
Speaker 1: To Human Rights Campaign, or so I said, Commission, but human rights there's human Rights Campaign, human Rights Commission.
Speaker 2: They're one and the same, but two separate entities. When I'm sitting there and I'm listening to the president of the Human Rights Commission, which has so much influence over so many politicians, including partnering with Kamala when she was promoting that bail fund that was one of theirs, the question is how much of.
Speaker 1: Their advice do they take? Here we go.
Speaker 6: We can't just worry about protecting democracy in this moment. We've got to reimagine it with people that look and love like us at the center. And I think for us right now, it's about freedom and this American story in a way that is more revolutionary than what our founders actually put down on that little piece of paper, but instead is the type of democracy that is by and for all of the people of this country.
Speaker 2: That's the opportunity that we have. What's the what's the little does she does she mean a notebook?
Speaker 1: What does she mean? The little what do you mean the little piece of paper because it's actually not a little piece of pay How many of you have seen the Constitution?
Speaker 4: Ross?
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen the Constitution or copy of it because sometimes they'll they'll pack a copy around or did you ever go see it a day you're meant to the National Archives?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 1: It's not a little piece of paper.
Speaker 4: But I mean i've seen it on TV, like in the Cat you know what I mean, like when.
Speaker 1: They he can see the size compared to a human being.
Speaker 4: It's not like a post it note. No, you couldn't. You couldn't fit what's on it on a tweet. Well you could now though, except me if you're paid for premium. Sure, yeah, but then you got to click through. Okay, if you have a poverty x Twitter account, you cannot fit.
Speaker 1: It in a We don't have a poverty account.
Speaker 4: It's a poverty account.
Speaker 1: The show account is not a poverty account.
Speaker 4: Could you have to see ads? And I don't?
Speaker 1: Well you do because you wor you work on that account.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I mean when I'm on my account though, so when I go to the show account, I'm like, this is gross.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were so offended. Oh it is, it's so gross man, oh man, pay for a blue check? You're just like, oh the poors. Well i'm not. It's the show account. Ye pay for a blue the radio stage, you could pay for it.
Speaker 2: I'm not paying for it. If I if the account was mine, if they fire me, I don't.
Speaker 1: It's not my account either.
Speaker 4: That's fine. I just understand that it stinks.
Speaker 1: Poor ross having to suffer through me. Sorry, let me get you some hot cocoa.
Speaker 4: Maybe I could if I could afford my own thank you obviously because it paying for a blue check.
Speaker 1: Well, no, you can't, because you're paying for a blue No I can't.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, I guess you're not making enough, so just flex it said, flexk calendar is a blue check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he also has a Twitter addiction.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 1: How many times?
Speaker 2: How many times when you're going when you're just flipping through, maybe you're waiting for me to send prep because that's when Pete seems to be most active after a show, when you're on Twitter and you're just like, why is he arguing with this dude?
Speaker 4: I don't understand it at all. He might he must enjoy it. So, I mean, he says he enjoys so certain people that that's how they like to spend their time, and that's fine. Personally, I don't like arguing with internet strangers. I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: When I was when I was making fun of that Canadian dude with no sense of humor, Pete slipped in and he just put the Mandalorian meme that says this is the way. So I'm like, I just want to be like, dude, you have a problem. You have a you have a you have an a. We might have to have an intervention for him.
Speaker 4: Which you know how I am though, I have like a very addictive personality. Meanly, I'm a recovering alcoholic ran I've a addictative you know, addiction issue. So right, what I'll do is like I'm always looking out for ways that like could possibly being unhealthy for me, like things I'm getting addicted to. So i will be on Twitter, slash x whatever it's called, and I'll realize I'm like, oh my god, I posted like three posts today that is like I'm like, this is too much and.
Speaker 1: All that weird, Like I see you posting a bus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what I will do is because it's always a conscious effort for me not to become addicted to the next thing that could be unhealthy for me, and social media is completely unhealthy for a person. I will purposefully take my phone, put it in the bedroom, plug it in, and step away for like days, like I'm not going back on Twitter.
Speaker 1: You know what. That's a good trick, man, I'm not gonna lie. That's my thing too.
Speaker 2: I've have the little charging thing that comes out of my alarm clock and if I want to charge the phone and I want to watch because I'll find myself trying to watch a movie and then I'll get on my phone put it in the other room. And it's it's funny that has grown adults that we have to do that.
Speaker 4: And I've had people like mention it to me before in like direct message and stuff an email and they're like, hey, you haven't posted in a few days, so what's up. And I'm like, yeah, it's on purpose, I put I'm just not doing it right, right, right, right?
Speaker 1: Okay, what was the last thing you posted? Even I think I posted some yesterday in our Oh okay, all right, yeah, but I'll see one.
Speaker 2: I'll see days reposts like three or four things and the afternoon.
Speaker 4: And then I purposely look at it and I go, Okay, I need to put this away for a little bit. It's getting out of hand because because I know where that's gonna lead. And then it's like I said, it's not healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just assume when I see you post that much like the boy got ahold of your phone or something. So I'm like, Ross posting three things in an afternoon, that doesn't make sense. But then I saw then I saw the other day it was polls about which video games you should plan.
Speaker 1: I'm like, nah, it's probably Ross.
Speaker 4: So well, that's completely different. But I'm not one for self promotion. But that's for you know, that's for the Twitch channel. To Hayze, that's completely different.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, yes, this thing that you've never promoted. All right, six forty six here on the KCO Day radio program. So we got Pizzagate worked out. That's good coming up on the show and the Human Rights Commission. I want to play this one more time because again, these folks have a lot of sway and a lot of flex. With the Harris campaign, Harris herself, Walls, absolutely, they worked with Walls hand in hand up there in Minnesota, which basically, well you saw how that played out in Minneapolis. They were the ones actively lobbying for them not to bring National Garden. And this is the level of respect for the document that they operate on.
Speaker 6: We can't just worry about protecting democracy in this moment. We've got to reimagine it with people that look and love like us at the center. And I think for us right now, it's about reimagining freedom and this American story in a way that is more revolutionary than what our founders actually put down on that little piece of paper, but instead is the type of democracy that is by and for all of the people of this country.
Speaker 1: That's the opportunity that we have. You know.
Speaker 2: The funny thing too, is what she's saying there is not it's more revolutionary or right, is an improvement on it. She's literally saying, we need to throw this thing out man. Right, Oh, well, they play it's not revolutionary enough. What they mean is either straight European style democracy, which you see how well that's working, where they're just ignoring elections there, which is I guess maybe what they're hoping for, or something that you wouldn't recognize, especially as it pertains to things like the First Amendment, and you bet the Second Amendment.
Speaker 1: That's what those folks lobby for. It's you can see it in all the works and all the statements and all the different news stories involving them. Just go ahead and google the Human Rights Commission. You'll see them.
Speaker 2: You'll see them almost as prevalent as Soros and stuff. So they got some ideas which I'm sure are all terrifying. Anyway, six forty nine hang on one of the sports that they're trying to get for the Los Angeles Olympics, and since it is in the US, it's seen as probable, right because a lot of times whoever the host country is has a little more sway on it is football, American football, but flag with the Olympics. Are you guys aware of this? How do you feel about that? By the way, and some pretty big names in both collegiate as well as former NFL players and evens because here's the deal with regular NFL players, their teams are pretty much.
Speaker 1: Telling them no. So you got to look too.
Speaker 2: I want to say that Deon Sanders kids signed up, but he's one now. They're all pulling their names off the list because they don't want to get injured. I'm here's my selfish reason.
Speaker 1: Ross. Can you imagine next time the Olympics roll around and we start losing football to Latvia. Yeah, no, I'm not gonna happen. Man, I can't after. I know the US Men won, but I also know the US Men almost lost a couple times to South Sioux and I can't remember what the other one was.
Speaker 2: But and my blood pressure can't take. I understand that basketball is very, very popular in different parts of the world. You have a lot of players coming in, especially from Eastern Europe, but NFL is still trying to force its brand. People will go watch it, but people don't really play it. That's why they're That's why they're putting these games in these very populous countries, right That's why they're going down to.
Speaker 1: Brazil next Friday. That's why they're done.
Speaker 2: Ireland and England and Germany and Mexico City and all these other places. They're trying to sell the brand, but it doesn't mean people are participating with basketball. They're participating so and then they have a World Football Championship. I would encourage you to go back and look at the video. By the way, Brazil is a good example. Brazil has They have zero line. It's comical to watch, but the idea that you would make that an Olympic sport and now nobody wants to play it because they think they'll get injured even though it's flag football.
Speaker 1: I mean they could.
Speaker 2: Obviously you're pivoting, you're turning down your ankles, you're doing things that people get injured over. But so now there are I guess, going to be actively lobbying players who've.
Speaker 1: Just found themselves cut.
Speaker 2: As you know, they just started trimming down trimming down rosters, so they're gonna start trying to put that together.
Speaker 1: In fact, one of the dudes that I.
Speaker 2: Saw in this story, ross is is a guy you just cut.
Speaker 1: Gable Stevenson.
Speaker 2: Gable Stevenson is a what's he from Australia or whatever. He's a wrestler, He's Olympic gold medals medalist wrestlers.
Speaker 1: He is he from the US.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't think so either. Yeah, So anyway, the Bills just cut them, but they were just using him as an example. Yeah, he played at the University of Minnesota for his college.
Speaker 1: I knew that.
Speaker 2: Do and if you remember he is he was already competing in wrestling for the for the Olympics. At the same time he was trying to be a member of the Bills.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I guess maybe they'll cobble it together. So we shall see. But let me get back to this, all right, So why is that not opening?
Speaker 2: Here we go, so the remember how I mentioned that CNN and A I guess it was CNN.
Speaker 1: I said ABC the other day.
Speaker 2: So CNN was told that they were going to get an interview from the quote the Harris campaign.
Speaker 1: Okay, And.
Speaker 2: We talked about that because that's not how you book interviews. If somebody's pitching me an interview, I need to know exactly who that person is and you're not switching it out. And you know, sometimes we've had political people try to do that. They would book this and then they call back two days later. They'd be like, oh, I was just looking at the schedule and this name that you agreed to because you you said, well, they got name recognition, let's go ahead and interview them. Uh, they're they're they're not going to be available. Can we give you a campaign surrogate? Then they send you the you know, they send you somebody who you've never heard of, and uh, you know, and our answer here is no, I didn't book the I didn't book this event with your campaign surrogate. I booked it with whoever this person is. You know, it could be one of Trump's kids or whomever it is. So we wouldn't operate like that. But CNN was more than happy to and they literally on the air were like, oh, yeah, no, we don't.
Speaker 1: It might be Kamala, it might be Walls.
Speaker 3: We not.
Speaker 1: We could be both. Well it appears it's both, which makes sense. Right.
Speaker 2: If you're concerned that Kama is not going to operate well in that space, you throw Walls in there, and you you task that dude with if anything starts to feel awkward or uncomfortable, pipe you know, pipe up, start talking, She'll go ahead and yield it to you. And then it's just you on the record. And you know, feasibly, I've seen him in press conferences. He'll he'll probably do fine. But you know, understand this for what it is.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: That interview, which will be pre taped once again. That interview will air tomorrow night on CNN at nine pm. Dana bash. Somebody they're already comfortable with will be doing the interview, and I'm sure it'll be really in depth and not the first five minutes just an absolute fangirl.
Speaker 1: Set of questions. When did you realize you were so brave? Tim Wallas? When did you realize you were such a sex symbol?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Expect that vomit inducing stuff, but who knows, maybe she'll ask a couple.
Speaker 1: Questions and we'll get some answers.
Speaker 2: So what I would encourage you one is to listen to what the answers are. And there's a potential voter out there. You should know where the folks stand, which has really been what you know. People were very critical of the campaign over They're like, we want to know what you're gonna do. Do you really want to end health in private health insurance? Like you said, do you really want to do that?
Speaker 1: Ross?
Speaker 2: Did you see the ad the Harris campaign is running about getting tough on the border and they're using the wall physically parts of the wall that Trump built to advertise how committed they are to the effort.
Speaker 1: It's just laughable.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, Maybe they'll delve into that stuff. But what you should be watching. In addition to what they say is how does Walt when does Walls jump in? Not just when he's addressed, but when there's a question that's put out there, even one where Bash may do this, Let me ask, let me ask Kamala this specifically, and if it turns into we put the audio up from yesterday, please if it starts turning into the Kamala word salad that we've seen, including the one that we played for you yesterday where she was asked she was asked a very innocuous question. Right, She was asked a very innocuous question yesterday, and it turned into her talking about a road trip or something that she went on, let me see if I can find it from yesterday?
Speaker 1: Do do do do?
Speaker 2: But it turned into her explain, well, we went to this and then we went and we looked at this, and here we go. All right, Liten, you'll hear the question and the answer.
Speaker 7: On a different front, ACTUALLYS this week reported that President Trump I thinks against the second term will sort of dial back for lack of better term di I programs that the bad administration is put in forth. Obviously, I know you disagree with that. I obviously believe that you.
Speaker 4: Don't want him to get a second term that's set.
Speaker 7: If that does happen, what do you think that would do to raise relations in this country?
Speaker 8: Okay, let me say we're going to win, so it's not going to happen, all right, But I think that listen, we today is actually, I believe, an anniversary in terms of doctor King right, and.
Speaker 1: It was also an anniversary in terms of Abby Gate and dead service members.
Speaker 8: Knowledge, the fifty ninth anniversary of Bloody Sunday. I think it's really important that we as Americans always embrace our history, the parts that we're proud of and the parts that we're not proud of but that we can't forget. And we should all agree that we should teach history. We should learn history if we're to ever have an accurate idea of where we want to go and where we don't want to go in the future. And that means also acknowledging the importance of diversity. It means acknowledging the importance of the fact that everyone should have equal opportunity to compete and equity, and then of course inclusion that you know, hey, let's look around the room and see who's not here. And did we leave the door open.
Speaker 2: I can't decide. It's just a bottomless swallow stupid. I can't decide if she is actively ignorant of coming you know, because politicians will come up with the spiel on particular issues. It's why when you listen to an interview with most politicians, and you listen to like two different radio interviews and a TV interview, you'll hear the language that they use in the quotes in many cases are almost identical cause they are plugged. They're like a speaking say right, and you landed on the part about foreign policy, and then they they hit you with it. You know, a little thing you hear when Trump's being an interview, there's five or six things he will say over and over and over again on particular issues, because that's what you do because you don't know, you know, you assume people aren't listening to all these interviews. So she's asked that question a question oft DEI, which is a big issue, and then she asked what does that mean for race related?
Speaker 1: Then she never addressed it. She just it was all should have coulda, woulda. I think that's what walls is there for. So if she.
Speaker 2: Sits there and starts speeling into that he can go ahead and go look when I was when I was governor. Well, I guess he's still governor as governor of Minnesota. Here's what we did to improve race relations after you know, the mostly peaceful protests, and now you've pivoted and it looks like an answer, but it still doesn't tell you what Kamala Harris wants to do.
Speaker 1: It tells you what Tim.
Speaker 2: Walls did that one time and with the best shine possible on it.
Speaker 1: So that's what. That's what, that's why.
Speaker 2: They're putting both out. That is my humble theory here, and it's probably not wrong, all right. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Let's uh, I got distracted by the NFL thing. Let me get back to the rest of that clown story, because holy hell, what does a Hollywood update of a movie that's never been released look like?
Speaker 1: And a little more history on this thing.
Speaker 2: I can't, I can't. I can't imagine anyone wants to be connected with this. I'll explain next hang on of where voters heads are at here in North Carolina. I don't know some of it makes sense. I don't know if all of it does, but we will, we'll go ahead and check on that. But let me let me finish this story, because this could be This could be the the reboot that ruined some careers. And I'm here for it because you know how we feel about Washington doing Washington excuse me, Hollywood doing Hollywood stuff.
Speaker 1: So I told you about and you're probably.
Speaker 2: Aware of the Jerry Lewis movie that nobody's ever seen. Well, some people have seen, and they were not pleased the day the Clown cried, a comedic take on a clown who was ordered to basically soothe children in Auschwitz. I know, like, can you imagine that pitch meeting moving past that. There's a few pitch meetings of things that we have covered over the years where I don't understand how the pitch meeting moves to action.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: One of them is this movie. The other one I think has to be Slave Tetris. I'll never forget Slave Ross. You'll never forget Slave Tetris, will you? The Learning It was a computer program, a learning program for curriculums for schools, and it had a bunch of games to teach about.
Speaker 1: History, which is fine.
Speaker 2: Oregon Trail is essentially that completely accurate too. Everyone dies of cholera, deal with it or dysentery. But to show how slave ships were overpacked, they basically took tetris and then they just all the pieces are the same, but they're like contorted slave bodies. Yeah, yeah, somebody said go to that and then went and had put it together. Well in this case, the initial reaction to Lewis wanting to make the movie was very negative. However, Lewis died in twenty seventeen and as part of his will, he donated the all of the stuff from the movie. Let's see here, he donated all of the stuff to the movie.
Speaker 1: To the government.
Speaker 2: Right, and so it's National Archives has this and twenty twenty four is supposed to be the date because everyone is now dead involved with this where it comes where a lot of that footage emerges. And now some Hollywood produced have bought the rights to the script. Can you imagine if they decide to go ahead and make this movie again, because they're not talking about necessarily releasing the old one, although we may get to see it, they're talking about doing an update.
Speaker 1: How do you not know? It's the premise that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Here, and I saw people defending this going, well, look, they did a whole they did TV shows set in a prisoner of war camp, and that's true, they did. But somehow it's just different. It's just different. And by the way, the script initially for the movie was actually a drama. There was no comedy to it, but Jerry Lewis did comedy. So what are you gonna do? And how do you update it for a modern audience too? By the way, do you get some of the black Asian female Nazis to staff the camp? Do you get an overpowered female actress? Would you say that one of the rules that might be a good rule at the brand new Hayes day Here Megaplex, don't run with scissors? Would you say that that's probably a good rule? Yeah, you like that one.
Speaker 4: Okay, unless they're left handed scissors, because those are just poverty and I've had to experience those that'll cut anything. It's just sad.
Speaker 1: But overall, no, no scissors, correct, Right, let's stick with normal people.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, So you're on team don't run with scissors would be a good rule for your daycare?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You feel that that would be good for the kids to not run with scissors. Okay, what if? Well, okay, what if let's see if there's a loophole here. What if instead of a kid, it's a naked, grown man covered in blood running with scissors in the daycare. Is that a loophole?
Speaker 1: I mean right there, because that's what happened yesterday.
Speaker 4: I don't think you should get to that point right what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Police please say They were called to the Sunrise Christian day School in Linwood, which is a daycare, yesterday after a naked, blood covered adult man.
Speaker 1: Broke in.
Speaker 2: When they arrived, they found clothes strewn across the lobby, along with loud banging and glass breaking above them. The suspect had stripped naked attempted to jump from the second floor. The glass is what cut him. So he showed up with scissors and clothes. Wanted to get in, thought it would be easier with no clothes, broke through a window, cut himself. Now he's covered in blood and was running around the daycare naked. He's charged with over one hundred offenses. See, because here's the thing. When you're naked running around to daycare, each of those is some individual exposure charge, you lunatic.
Speaker 4: Apparently this dude did, didn't hear that right, saying that he wanted to get through the window, the broken window, and he figured the best way to do it is to take his clothes off and then go through the window that way.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, he took his clothes.
Speaker 2: He took it so he was able to enter the lobby area of the daycare right because that part's open to the public.
Speaker 1: He had his clothes on at the time.
Speaker 2: It doesn't say whether he brought the scissors or he took him from like the secretary or whatever. But then they're like, no, you can't go back there, And he's like, what if I take all my clothes off? And they're like no, no, you and you have scissors. No, that's going to be a no from us. And he broke through a glass paned door. I guess it wasn't a window he broke through. I'm assuming a locking door that it was glass had glass in the middle, and so yes.
Speaker 4: I had to be terrifying just to break through the glass though, but you have to be like running through the wall like you're the kool aid man.
Speaker 2: Well, to break it with the glass door yeah, no, I'm agreeing with you that or he hit it with something.
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty unclear for you, poor kids.
Speaker 4: Lock him up forever.
Speaker 1: The kids you want the kids?
Speaker 4: No, the duke, the naked dude with the scissors covered in blood.
Speaker 2: What if though, what if when he got in there, covered in blood, naked, holding scissors, what if he read them a story?
Speaker 1: Would that have you rethink?
Speaker 4: So you just start singing like Barney?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, man, He's just like I just I just really want to entertain the kids, and I didn't want to get my clothes dirty.
Speaker 1: Kids like this is it's like a mister Rogers lesson. It's like, you know, hey, kids.
Speaker 2: You know what you can do to keep your parents from having to wash your clothes all the time. You'd be tidy and neat. So if you need to while on drugs, break through a glass door, take your clothes off. So then they arrived, he jumps up to the second floor. Remember he still has no clothes, and authority say he then broke another window upstairs and then jumped from the second story. Unfortunately, it was kind of paved many below him, and he didn't he didn't get right back up and then and then they got him. Let's see, he's described as eighteen year old saw here Sadler. Chandler charged with burglary, simple assault, reckless endangerment, harassment, weapons of defenses in decent exposure times a billion. And apparently even after they got him to the medical center, he's charged with assault there because he kept spitting blood in saliva on medical staff, saying that he was going to cut them, although he didn't have the scissors anymore. So didn't do anything to the kids other than probably traumatize them. So and it doesn't even say he wasn't running from police. It doesn't even say so. All right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four, it is seven forty here on the Cacoday radio program.
Speaker 1: Um, yeah, let me get let me get to this. All right, So North Carolina voters, how are they feeling? Well? According to the new.
Speaker 2: Elon University poll, very simistic. Would you say you're pessimistic heading into this? It's easy to be pessimistic in politics, it really is, even when you're Look how pessimistic the Harris campaign is about our current economy. Right, They're here to fix it. Never mind that they're literally the ones ruling over it right now. So to my point, it's easy to be pessimistic.
Speaker 1: I would say it's Paul Fate.
Speaker 4: This is for me. It feels like the first election cycle where it's really like a roller coaster, where like I'll go twenty four hours being like, Wow, things are great. In the next twenty four hours, I'm like dooming. And it goes up and down consistently like that, and it's tiring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is. And that's what And you know, to some extent, I wonder if that's about getting people to disconnect knowing that they'll show up and vote. I don't know, you know, because here's the deal.
Speaker 2: The last thing you want is a bunch of Democrats watching Harris debate or do any of these interviews. There's no upside. They're absolutely correct. When John Harwood and other newspeople say there's no upside to her, they're correct. That doesn't make it right to ignore it, which they're using as a way of doing that. You know, it's the Quentin I'll call it the Quentin Tarantino take. He was on Bill Maher the other day and he says, yeah, it all looks corrupt and horrible but if we win, what does it matter? And that's the attitude you're dealing with there, all right. So, according to Elon poll, both Republican and Democrat party in general are becoming quote more extreme, most voter as saying they wouldn't be willing to compromise with the other side for any middle ground solutions. Again, Washington has no one to thank but themselves, and Republicans participated. But the single biggest version of this, I'm sorry, is when you have the media tuned and you've been able to weaponize law enforcement agencies at the federal level. One of these teams is winning on the weirdness. And if you want to convince me otherwise, how the Republicans have corrupted the system more than I'm happy to hear it. But even so, even so, majority of people say, don't compromise on a bill. All right, I'm good with that, and maybe you idiots won't pass stuff. Fewer than half of registered North Carolina voters believe the results of this year's election will be accurately counted.
Speaker 1: Think about that.
Speaker 2: That means Democrats think that too, because I always push that off on the Republicans, and you know, we've had some crazy story did.
Speaker 1: You see up in Michigan.
Speaker 2: So Michigan, like North Carolina, has a law when it comes to pole observers to try to even it out, and we saw this is one of those things that requires you to dig into a story a lot. But we saw this in North Carolina where the various county elections boards were we're clearly sticking all the Republican poll observers into dark red districts and keeping them all there. And you had a bunch of very high profile Democrat districts, especially in Wake County, where they didn't have any Republican poll watchers, and it looks corrupt because it is corrupt. But up in Michigan, they have twenty three hundred poll observers for Wayne County, which is Detroit and whatever the adjacent county is there. And of the twenty three hundred, seven hundred who applied were Republicans who were trained, and only fifty were given jobs.
Speaker 1: Do the math.
Speaker 2: That means it's like two thousand Democrats to I want to say, well, actually, I'm sorry, I'm conflating numbers here.
Speaker 1: I want to be accurate.
Speaker 2: It's twenty three hundred out of that seven hundred Republican. But in Wayne County, where there's hundreds, it's only fifty Republican, so they've clearly and then then those are only stuck in these little areas that are very, very red out. You would ask yourself why they're doing it, and one of the things you could surmise is they're doing it so that they can cheat. The other thing is and this is why it is self injurious. The reason that you see a lot of that stuff done is pure partisan spite. Okay, they're not. They don't have aspirations to cheat. They just want to stick it to the other guy. And they don't care that it looks so corrupt. So that's why people are cynical. But what are people actually concerned about. We'll get to that here in just a few minutes on that Elon poll. And I'm curious what you're driving thing is? The first let's get Ray Stagic. His driving thing every day is making you stay inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, driving the heat?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man?
Speaker 9: Almost there. Yesterday, Raleigh ninety seven not a record. The record will stay at ninety eight. Today's record is one hundred, set back in that hot summer of nineteen forty eight. Yeah, forecast high for Raleigh one hundred, so most of us more heat today, more heat tomorrow. We'll start tacking on a little humidity, so we'll talk about the heat index close to our over one hundred.
Speaker 1: Tryad probably be.
Speaker 9: Three to four degrees cooler than that, so it's mid nineties to the upper nineties again. We may hit one hundred in Raleigh, and then for Friday, the showers start coming back and we'll back it down close to ninety degrees or at the time of year though where the advertiser up there in the mid eighties eighty seven the official average eise and we're gonna get there too, but still near ninety Friday and Saturday and even Sunday, upper eighties for the Triad and the showers thunderstorms widely scattered around Labor Day does look dry though at pleasant temperatures and a nice cool down coming next week. We may have some highs in the upper seventies to near eighty degrees about Tuesday, and overnight loads can get back down into the fifties. So break coming after another little that's called a mini heat wave because really haven't had the extreme humidity. But uh, we will have some heat today and tomorrow close to one hundred, and then backing off to close to ninety, then backing off close to eighty by next week. So that'll be nice.
Speaker 1: So you guys did your roster cuts yesterday. You're happy about that.
Speaker 9: The only thing I saw was that they kept what's the running backs name, the little guy Deuce. I didn't catch a lot of the other I haven't had a chance yet this morning, but I think in this scenario now, besides the roster cuts and that they signed CD, I think Dak is on the outside looking in. I think this will be the last year for him in Dallas. Yeah, yeah, you're too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you guys cut like four running backs too yesterday. So yeah they had that they cut Zeke to the ight, No, they did not. So the Vikings.
Speaker 2: Vikings had an interesting strategy which you want to do, is you want to have half your players on their deathbed so you don't have to cut people.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, absorbed the blow a little bit easier, right, little Any big names get cut.
Speaker 2: Cadarius Tony that the wide receiver for the UH for Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I did see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's but you remember he had that whole car incident.
Speaker 1: That that that wreck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's that's all, which is why I figured you guys would sign him tomorrow.
Speaker 9: That maybe I'm saying sign kJ Henry he got cut too, you got yeah.
Speaker 1: He's got legal issues. He looks like a despicable person right fit right in over the cowboys.
Speaker 2: He can even beat up your own security staff. All right, thank you very much, appreciate that, sir. Yeah, there you go. Oh yes, that old, that old, classic story. Yeah, I was just kind of I'm checking it. Although the one I'm concerned about is the Patriots cut Bailey Zappi and I don't know what the Vikings are going to do, but we shall see, all right, seven forty eight to hang on, and the mood is and I know this will not come as a surprise that nobody trust anybody on the other political side and they don't want to work with them. This is the This is the model though, when you cut, when when every press conference is about how the other side is literally nazis, this is how you get there. And by the way, is as much fake concern as a career politicians will put on this going. You know, it's just really hard to get things done. People are so polarized. Anytime a politician who's in office says that's who, you laugh in their face because they all contribute to this. You know why, because that's how you fundraise. If Ross and I were running against each other and I wanted to get money, I have to come up with a story about something.
Speaker 1: Horrible that Ross is gonna do.
Speaker 2: Because if I just say, well, he's gonna him and I have slightly different opinions on stuff that doesn't work, that doesn't get you motivated. But if I'm like Ross wants to and then you know, insert the thing you're most terrified of, declare himself ruler in stage or two. You know, if I throw that out there, now you're concerned.
Speaker 1: Now, now you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get out the checkbook. So that's that's how you have to go about this stuff. You wouldn't actually do that, of course, but for the purpose of this, I just, you know, I needed an example. So as you get down the line, fifty percent of voters in North Carolina hate Trump, fifty percent of voters hate Harris. That's not a surprising thing. And I mean there is no favorability, not at all. Again, less than half think the election results will be accurately counted again for different reasons. Let's see here Democrats are more worried. They say, wait, hold on, This is where we start to see some separation. Husser said, the detailed results of the poll. I'm sorry, I got a floating name, and here, well the dude from Elan. So the detailed results of the poll show some groups have different concerns. Everyone's worried about violence, and I find this ironic, but Democrats are more worried. Why would Democrats be more worried. It's not your dude who literally just got shot, which, by the way, why do they not ask anything about that? You you would have to agree that if you if from a historical perspective, if you look back at this election, what were the big things that happened? Right Every election cycles got their big things with Hillary. There was the screaming debate, there was the deplorables thing, there was you know, pick whatever your favorite Trump scandal is, Like, these are big things that stand.
Speaker 1: Out this election. The two biggest things.
Speaker 2: Are the holy undemocratic process by which the Democrat nominee has been put out there and the Republican nominee being shot and we're just memory holding this stuff man.
Speaker 3: U.
Speaker 2: Voters are worried about violence around the inauguration, which is most it's primarily Democrats. A lot of Republicans too, but Democrats more so eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four bad news for Gotham. It looks like Juan Ka tran Pham, who also goes by at the time of his arrest. Batman x U A Nka tran fam. Well, whatever, I can't pronounce the name. You may not remember the name or even the story because I guess it's it's been a little while. So this is the man from Fairfax, Virginia who attacked congressional staffers for Jerry Conley. Used a metal baseball bat to attack two female staffers, including an intern who was two hours into her first day on the job.
Speaker 1: About that bad. It's your first day, right.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure that you probably you know, as you're talking about with your family, they're like, oh, that's great, you know, but maybe mom's a little concerned. She's like, you know, but things are very you know, people are very divided in Washington, d C. So if you're going to go work there, just stay safe. Not to mention the Washington, d C. Could be pretty dangerous, right, So you're you're an intern, you're so wet behind the years that you don't even know where you don't even know where the bathroom is yet, but you're just so excited to be there. And the first thing that happens within two hours of you starting is some lunatic who thinks he's Batman or I guess Asian Batman decides he's going to come after you with a with an aluminum baseball bat because he wants to murder your boss.
Speaker 1: Let's see here.
Speaker 2: While both victims did go to the hospital, they were released shortly thereafter, so you know, thankfully that And I think he went to I think he went to Connolly's campaign office in fair fact, because he represents right there. Anyway, his lawyer is saying he did it because he's insane. Are you insane just because you think you're Batman? Like going back to the Nolan videos, remember the guy who showed up with what was he in? Hockey equipment? I can't remember what the line is that Batman says to him in the parking garage. Yeah, he goes, I'm not wearing hockey pats? Is that dude insane? Or is that just a guy who's, like, you know, big fan of Batman, wants to help. I think we should throw these words around. And remember I learned I learned what last week that Batman's favorite thing is punching poor people, and if you're an intern in Washington, you're essentially poor, as expensive as that city is and what they actually pay their staff. So maybe it was a self fulfilling prophecy. Let's see here, where was she? She was struck in the head again. Worst first day ever? Ross you ever have a really bad first day at work of any of the jobs you've had, No, I've never really had one. Whether it's Ian radio and the different radios I worked with, I'm always really excited for that. Obviously, radio is what I love to do, but even other jobs, like you know, I guess I can't remember my first day and doing agricultural stuff, but I can remember when I signed. I remember the summer I was working with Dave loading construction. You know, Dave did the did roofing, and I'm like, I'm going to spend the summer doing roofing, and God bless all of you who do roofing on the regular. We did a hype blonde roofing, which is you ever see a roof like a flat roof and it's it looks like there's a white plastic, I don't know, tarp over the top of it that's sealed down.
Speaker 1: That's what that is.
Speaker 2: And as Bill Burr says, being irish and doing roofing in the summer is no bueno. So but I didn't have a bad first day. I would think getting struck in ahead with a baseball bat by a lunatic who thinks he's batman, I'd be right up there. Although you got a great story, I'm glad you weren't severely injured there. Conley said, what happened also intensifies the need for more security for congress members. I have a question, and this is a very delicate question, and I want to be specific here again, no matter how angry AOC or Nancy Pelosi or you know, pick whoever it is, Tom Tillis for that matter, no matter how angry they make me, I still I still mentally can't get to the let's do physical violence part or find it abhorrent and I find it as non productive as possible too.
Speaker 1: You don't you don't. You don't go.
Speaker 2: And I'm trying to think of examples where you go and you do political violence and everything works out other than a full scale like.
Speaker 1: Seizing of the country.
Speaker 2: Right, we still, even in these divided times, we have a negative view of that.
Speaker 1: But that being said, Man, Aluminum.
Speaker 2: Baseball, it's probably not gonna help anyway, Jamal, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Well, So, Casey, I just want to say this because I'm not surprised about that on Alon poll, because of what's going on. Last week you told me something on air and I've still been mad about that since when you told me about why Republicans didn't in Beach Brides and and remember.
Speaker 2: You talking about why that was my opinion that I told you that was my Appublican Yeah, they didn't. They don't want the view. They don't want Bidenson in there looking like a hospice patient while the Republicans scream at him.
Speaker 1: That's that's what they're trying to avoid.
Speaker 3: And a lot of Republicans are angry now, well, some of the things were angry, you know, because they try to say, well, it's both It's really not both sides because the Republicans are not trying to pull with Josh Stein for and I don't understand why any Republican we would consider vote for Joshtein over Mark Robinson. That's crazy because Mark Robinson's better because.
Speaker 1: They don't follow this stuff.
Speaker 2: When Josh Stein you're talking about when he was doing backroom deals with Mark Olias and the courts had to come in and do something.
Speaker 3: Yes, debsolutely, and when Republicans we see this at Republicans. You know me case, I love the Republican Parliament calling in, but you know what, when the Republican Party started realizing we have to not worry about what Democrats think and start putting in things so they can't do it. Because I'm gonna tell you what's gonna happen. I'm a Republican. I want voter ID. I want to be able to prove it. But when you're going to have somebody sue around September or October, they're going to sue that the voter ID calms black people because black people too stupid to fire the dm be too lazy to go help the elderly, can't afford a free Idans in question on flavor, let me test the theory.
Speaker 2: Tell me right now, where the closest DMV to you is off the top of your head.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Close to DMV is off downtown Raleigh to the downtown dumb right off. I want to stay right beside the course. If you go downtown dun and you go past, I'm wanting to say that right around there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could find it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I can Google Google it, if I can watch Twitter, if I can watch Twitter and pull pull up on Google Mount or guess what all these black folks always crying and complaining, why won't you go help your fellow brother, your fellow sister. Won't you go help him and say, hey, this is where the DMV is. But no, and when we Republicans see this and now, and let me say this, casey, I want to get on record. I'm on respect the twenty twenty four presidential elections results the same way the Democrat Party respected the twenty twenty four Democratic primary results, the same way they respected that. I'm gonna respect the presidential election results. And people will say, well, that's not right. No, North Carolina voted for Joe Biden. Is Joe Biden on a ticket? No? Because they pulled a foot and nobody called it out and the press is not better. The press sit there and you know, I've always said we need Promison's press control the same way they said we need commistants coun control, because at one point they did the Mark Robinson follow them a plan then, But so of course Republicans will be like, no, we don't trust the process. We watched you cheat in real time and the press didn't call it out. We watched you out this month.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you instrument.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the clan thing is is outside of mount what do you think of this thing with Mark's wife, Because one of one of two things is going on this is they they have people working behind the scenes to get it Mark and it's a bunch of bs.
Speaker 1: So he's got some evidence he's going to throw out. Well, well, hang on, let me ask the question.
Speaker 2: Mark says, he's got some evidence he's going to put out of this and I'd be very interested to see it.
Speaker 1: And it's totally believable.
Speaker 2: And the other side of it is Mark and his wife wildly mismanage this thing, specifically his wife. And so as long as they can keep that question floating around out there, is that something that weighs in your mind as a Robinson supporter. Let me ask you this, Let me ask you the questions that they should have been asking on this poll because Mark's going to be doing a big statewide tour and I guess this would be the time where he's he's going to push back on this.
Speaker 1: Do you think he needs to? Should he? It doesn't look like the polling's going well for him?
Speaker 2: So where where are you at? Do you calculate those things? Or is because the other side is so detrimental in your mind that it doesn't matter to you.
Speaker 3: Because meet and Mark Robinson and meeting his wife, I know for a fact they wouldn't do stuff right that and his explanations which he has given. I'm sorry to see watching President Trump go through this legal lawfare. I'm not surprised he's coming here in North Carolina. I'm not surprised. This is what Democrats do so right now, of course, Mark Robinson and his wife. His wife is supposed to be innocent and to proven guilty. And what does the press through they released this stuff? Well, tell me this, Why didn't y'all come up with dis I this was a problem and this happened. Why don't y'all discover this four years ago when he ran for lieutenant governor. Why don't you wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're asking the wrong, the fairious question. One, they didn't care about lieutenant governor. But you're asking the wrong, the fairious question. This is this allegation is something that has been around since before the primary. Right Republicans have whispered this allegation to me, and so the fact that everyone knew that it was probably something they were going to try to be marked with to watch the press not bring it up during the primary shows you a much more devious plan. They wanted him to get through the primary. They wanted him to get through the primary so the issue could then be raised. Just here, understand what I done here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I said, I recognize this because they do this. The Democrat people forgot the Democrat Party actually saying here in a minute that they was trying to get Republican candidates than twenty what he pulled them twenty twenty two. I don't believe this about Mark Robinson about well he like they try to present it like they're stealing money. When you have people like it finding and you have other people say well, that's what about ism? What about ism? Is true? Because as a black person, I watched my community do it all the time. Every time something somebody catch a black candidate doing something, what do they say? They fought to a white one? So what about isn't it's fair play? I don't believe that nobody was trying to steal leaving money. I don't believe that. I don't believe that somebody was playing around because if he, like you said, he could prove this is an attack, well guess what you people waited until this to prove it. Did I know anything about this? Of course I didn't because it didn't come up in the press. But looking at Mark Robinson, knowing the person, looking at how it came about, and look who's pushing it, I'm gonna believe him before I believe that. And this is a Republican voter, y'all. They pulled this stuff. Why if what nobody talks about Joe Biden won the North Carolina primary.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm agreeing with.
Speaker 2: You, and the people are gonna get mad at me and send me emails that I'm bashing on Mark Robinson. I'm asking the question that people are going to be presented with, and I'm taking your example of the clan thing to show how how when you squander let's say the Mark thing is one hundred percent true just for this, all right, just for the purpose of this.
Speaker 1: The fact is that you as.
Speaker 2: A reporter coming out and going, look what we found, and and then people remembering that time you called him a clan member, or that time you ran this story that was bs or that story. The fact remains that most of the people that are skeptical of you already, they're not inclined to believe any of that, and so it's hard to gauge what impact it has on the election, which is why it's imperative that Mark, you know, puts some names out there if he thinks that this is going on, because then that needs to become the story. They'll write headlines that he's attacking state workers or whatever.
Speaker 1: But if he has.
Speaker 2: Something to that point, they need to get it out there because it's going to cost him the election.
Speaker 3: And if they play that he's attacking state workers, let's talk about how Roy Cooper attacked state workers. Let's talk about Roy Cooper and everybody's.
Speaker 2: Talking you're doing the what about is them? You just you just set a whole race of people do yes.
Speaker 3: So yes, I mean, yes I am because Roy Cooper sat down, he attacked people all in twenty twenty state workers. What about the racetraction, the race tract that is suing God gain you know what I'm saying. The race tractor is suing because he is wrong and those state work they was wrong. So state workers can be wrong and political they'll be so dim, they so rible that they're wrong and they push a political agenda. So that's proven about this Democrat stuff here in North Carolina. When Democrats get in power, they use their systems that Republicans try to fight and maintain and try to keep politics out. When Delcrats get in control, they put politics in to try to corrupt it against Republicans. So no, I can't believe said and when they say something because I see it in real time. I watched it. I watched it with Pat mccolly what they did THEMN here in Durham. They and how they extended the voting time and those ten thousand vote pus. Pat mccoriol a medium, put Roward Cooper over in twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: All right, Jamal, I got to kind of do it there today. Yeah, no, no, no, just because I only have about a minute and I and I as predicted. Here's somebody in my inbox.
Speaker 2: I never thought i'd see today when I tune into this show and you're trashing on Mark Robinson.
Speaker 3: We deal in reality, trash it on him with Cacy. You have always Mela came. You have laid me back because you have pushedback. But Casey, you try to play the miller you made me.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm not trying to play the medal. I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jamal, I gotta I gotta roll out. Thank you very much for the call. I'm trying to play the reality here. Do I believe that he's down fourteen percent?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do I think he's winning? No, I don't.
Speaker 2: No, I don't And I think that this is and unless he comes out with something like he said, I think this is a thing that will go ahead and sink it, especially in a state like North Carolina where people split tickets, and Mark knows that if he wants to come out, name names, we're here, Man, I'll bump other guests. I don't care who it is. It's a big deal, is a big issue. So that's why we're talking about it anyway, we'll be back hang on. So bud Light. This is bud Light has taken a new strategy headed into the football season. And actually they released and we'll tweet out the video for you at case on the radio, on Twitter you want to go see it. As you probably know, one of their spokesmen is Shane Gillis, who is hilarious obviously. But so they have a new series of ads and this is the first one I've seen.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. You know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's an old beer ad. So the premise of the ad, it's like the long version of the two Minutes and it's I'll just explain it to you rather than playing it. But in it, so Gillis is the football coach at a university and one of the players is there in front of the dean, and then you have so you have the dean who's you know, it's like an old old dean, and then you have Gillis standing there, and then you have a professor and basically they're talking to the student who's a football athlete, and they're accusing him the dean is of plagiarizing something for a paper. Okay, and the dean says, if you tell you what, if you confess, I'm only going to ban you for half the season. Otherwise it's full season, and we'll get you an ice cold bud light. And he puts a bucket of beer up on his desk with like four bud lights in there, and so the guy's waffling a little, and then Gillis's character's like, wait, we confess, and we get a bud light. And then he confesses to like singing in the shower or something, and then another professor confesses, and then eventually they all get the beer, and the student's just sitting there and they're like, all right, go back to class. It's a lot funnier in the in the spot, but it is definitely there are a lot of companies now, and this is more of the political side of it, who realized that what they were doing wasn't working. And it's why you saw Harley Davidson, It's why you saw Jack Daniels, it's why you saw Low's. We talked about this yesterday, and many other companies who are doing away with the DEI stuff, and especially in advertising right those companies who were going out there and putting an ad out either with Dylan mulvaney or what was the Gillette Remember the Gillette ad where they're like at a barbecue and all they would talk about is toxic masculinity. And then they had another one where dudes teaching his daughter how.
Speaker 1: To shave strange stuff.
Speaker 2: And I guess at the time they thought the it was worth it, like their signaling was helping them. But in the case of bud Light, it was a hallmart example of not understanding your audience.
Speaker 1: And remember it wasn't just about the mulvany thing, which was easily explainable whether it was true or not. It was easy for them to say, we took the top one hundred people on Instagram or TikTok and we sent them all customized beer stuff. So in addition to Mulvaney, it was all, here's some quote unquote conservative people on there, right, and then bud Light. They would have had a week of this and it would have been done. But instead they had a marketing person who got on and absolutely trashed on their audience. And the virtue signaling didn't help because the people you're virtue signaling too, they don't drink bud Light and they're not going to they make fun of you. There's snob they're gonna be snobbish drinkers who unless it's from a local taphouse, which is fine that some people's opinion, they don't want anything to do with it.
Speaker 2: And so this is this is bud Light's Maya Kulpa. It'll be interesting to see what Harley does. Harley was crazy into this. And then I don't know if you saw the Budweiser experience, in the Harley experience. At Sturgis, it's a ghost town. And let me tell you, if any of you have ever been to Sturgis when Sturgis is in the full force and the full part of the main week, there nothing's a ghost town.
Speaker 1: It's a zoo.
Speaker 2: There's a reason people don't even stay in Sturgis in the camp as far as Devil's Tower in Wyoming, Al though that's mostly one percent. So forever at Sturgis and you think you're gonna go camp over there by Hewlett, those campgrounds get a little crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 2: So no, bud bud Light's decided to go into the more traditional beer ads. It'll be interesting now to watch the attention span of consumers. Did they What did they end up ross?
Speaker 1: What was it like?
Speaker 2: They lost twenty eight percent market share, I think is the number that I saw most recently. You lost it, Yeah, you lost a third of your business. Do you think they're able to ever get that back in our lifetime? I don't you know how long it takes in a really divisive category where things are built on habit and not necessarily preference, because if you offer me, here's the deal, maybe this would be blaspheths to some of you. Me drinking a.
Speaker 1: Bud Light versus a Budweiser versus a Miller Light, it's not that different. I feel about all of those equally how I feel about every other one.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, maybe that's just me as a consumer. If I'm gonna buy beer and I'm trying to buy just your standard American logger kind of beer, I generally would buy Budweiser in the past, just because it's you know, everyone nobody seems to really object to it. I don't buy much, but I think around the house the only Logger style I keep is Coors Light, and that's because I had a buddy visit and he likes Coors Light.
Speaker 1: And now it's just sitting in my fridge.
Speaker 2: That being said, once people get into the thing of where they walk into their favorite bar, right and everybody knows them. They're literally norm from cheers, and the bartender knows to hand them a miller like because they made that switch. That's a cycle that's just going to keep going. So I don't I don't know if you're going to pull back a third of the market. I don't think it ever happens. But at the very least, maybe you give Stem the bleeding and Harley and Jack Daniels of all companies. It's like, how do these companies find themselves? Well, they get bought by bigger companies. I think it's a good idea, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's a step in the right direction, but I don't know that it's going to pay you a big dividends. All right, checked this out real quick.
Speaker 2: You've seen the flooding that's going on out in Utah and Arizona and everything, and flooding out there is pretty crazy. I know that obviously we get flooding here in North Carolina, but for anyone who's ever lived in like Texas or out west, you people don't realize that the front range of the Rocky Mountains is actually considered desert. It's called high desert, but it is it has classified as desert. It's rainfall and runoff and all of that. And so you have creek and river river bottoms that don't ever have water in them except during very high rains. And that creates these canyons that people love hiking in. So when you have these situations, literally people are dying, people are having to be rescued.
Speaker 1: Check this out.
Speaker 2: An eighty year old man has dyed after falling from his boat in the Grand into the Grand Canyon. Specifically, they were at a place called Fossil Rapids and there's a huge elevation and waterfall change. I guess the dude fell out of his boat in these waters. Because here's the thing about river rapt and when there's high rain, the rapids, the ranked rapids are different.
Speaker 1: Right, So something that's a Class.
Speaker 2: Four under normal conditions can become a class two because now the water's high enough the rocks aren't impacting it, and vice verse. Things that were class two can become class four because now there's enough flow hitting rocks. And this eighty year old decided to do it, got into the water, and then I guess I don't know if you went off the waterfall actually down into the bottom part.
Speaker 1: Because this is part of the Colorado River tributary.
Speaker 2: I've literally been here. But just horrible, man. But you're eighty years old and you're rafting in the middle of one of the biggest rainstorms in years.
Speaker 1: That is commitment. Man. Didn't we just have We.
Speaker 2: Just had a North Carolina college didn't literally fall into the Grand Canyon this year, a couple months ago.
Speaker 1: In fact, here I actually pulled that up. Where was a eighteen year old twenty year old?
Speaker 2: Yeah, went out, went out to take a selfie through one of the barriers, fell four hundred feet into the Grand Canyon.
Speaker 1: Holy cow?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Anyway, forty four KCODA radio program raced Agic from the weather Chown.
Speaker 1: Do you ever do river rafting? Sir?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, it can be fun. I don't get out much.
Speaker 2: You like snowmoll You like a nature guy if you have a several thousand dollars machine, So I like things with motors.
Speaker 1: You know you are you are the most and actually nature is the motors.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But there's a river that.
Speaker 9: Goes in there, it's probably a lot more effort then I want to put in.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now I see now, I see what's up with you?
Speaker 9: So so okay, don't definitely not today.
Speaker 4: Today you want to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a good river raft when I'm driving.
Speaker 9: It could be depends on you know, if you're like me. No, some people like to get out there the river waters about either way?
Speaker 2: What about to Yes, Okay, dude, you should come to the New River sometime in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 9: Different things to do now that we're kind of empty nesters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, come on all your Clemson stuff. Nobody will Yeah.
Speaker 9: Don't mess with her, but no, not much, right, get another yeah your beer? Yeah, yeah, we do that floating cooler whatever whatever it takes, right. Yeah, But over the next few days we'll continue to see. Yeah, good outdoor weather, whatever you want to do. But hot so planet accordingly close to one hundred and the triangle today, try it a little cooler, maybe not quite as hot. So between ninety five and one hundred today, same thing tomorrow. If he gets one hundred and Raleigh, that's a record, then we'll start throwing the storm chances around for Friday. In the upcoming weekend, probably right through the holiday with the upper eighties and low nineties or near ninety for high temperatures. After that, it probably does get cooler. We get a front through here and may see some highs very pleasant with lower humidity by about Tuesday next week in the upper seventies to near eighty degrees over night. Lows go back down sometime next week, maybe back into the fifties, so that'll be real nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well, thank you sir, Well tomorrow, have a good one and come back with Jeff Bellinger next.
Speaker 1: Hang on fog morning.
Speaker 10: Casey A stocks ticked higher yesterday. A ten point game put the Dow at a new all time high at the moment, though the futures are all pointing lower s and P futures down five. Nasdaq futures are down nineteen, the Dow futures are down forty, and Video shares were up one and a half percent yesterday. Investors are very anxious to see the chip maker's quarterly results on Video is the world's most influential stock at the moment, and the company releases its earnings report after the markets closed today. Nordstrom posted better than expected quarterly results after the close yesterday. We got to report this morning that mortgage interest rates are slowly easing and demand for home loans picked up a bit.
Speaker 4: Last week.
Speaker 10: Bankers report applications for new mortgages rose nearly one percent. There was a small downtick in refi requests. The average interest rate on a thirty year fixed rate mortgage fell to six point forty four percent, the lowest in over a year. Most adults here in the US have at least one financial regret, according to Bankrate Dissatisfaction, over reach, retirement, remurgency, savings topped the list of regrets. Taking on too much credit card debt was also high on the list. Purchasing power, though of America's middle income households, held pretty much steady last month. Primericas as the finances of households with incomes between thirty thousand and one hundred thirty thousand dollars were virtually unchanged from June, though they were much improved from a year ago. Three big retailers accused of making millions of dollars from so called cash back fees. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau says dollar general dollar Tree and Kroger all charge customers for accessing their funds at a register. The agency says many people who have no access to local banks commonly go to retailers to get cash, and Dollar Tree says, and the Dollar Tree is the one the retailer. The responded, saying it charges a clearly disclosed fee for what it calls a convenience service.
Speaker 4: And the case.
Speaker 10: Economists always look for different ways to gauge the strength of the economy. Now we possibly have the sausage index. Sausage sales could be a new indicator. A report from the Dallas Fed this week noted that one food manufacturer in the district has seen a pick up in dinner sausage categories. The Business Insider says, if households are replacing steak with sausage, that could be a sign that the economy is slowing.
Speaker 1: Casey, well, but what if sausage is delicious? So if it could maybe sausage I'm poor? Is that what you're saying? I like that.
Speaker 10: Unncessar said no. But if you normally eat steak or chicken and you look at sausage as a less expensive protein, then.
Speaker 4: Might be watch out.
Speaker 1: So that's it.
Speaker 4: I'll eat you.
Speaker 2: So hey, yeah, real quick, Jeff, did you ever did you ever have a video game you like playing?
Speaker 10: Years ago? Space Invaders? But I haven't played video games for a very long time.
Speaker 1: Ok you're into the Minecraft or anything? Okay, I am not.
Speaker 2: Okay, somebody build a scale model of the US and Minecraft. Do you understand how long that had to take?
Speaker 4: That is?
Speaker 1: That is commission?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, I'll let you get back to it. Thanks, Jeff, Okay, take care. Yeah. Yeah, so Ross just sent this insane thing to me. It's a one two hundred and fiftieth accurate scale model of the US made in Minecraft. I'm sorry, I don't Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I tried to do the Minecraft thing because everyone I'm just like, oh, let me check this out. And I tried it on PlayStation. I think I lasted an hour before I'm like why. And maybe it's because it's the age I'm at. It's just one of those things where you're just sitting there doing the same thing over and.
Speaker 4: I mean, there is an actual game you can play, but most people when you were thinking, when you're thinking Minecraft, you're thinking of like the creative mode where you can build stuff. So for kids, it's like digital Legos when you think of it that way, but movable digital legos. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, I get Yeah, if kids want to play it, I get it. Yeah, just it didn't do it for me. And I used to play SIMS when it first came out, which would you'd spend hours doing SIMS back in the day, like on the s S was amazing, that was fun, Like Minecraft. I agree with you though, because I've tried. I also tried it. I'm like, well, I'm going to build a house and they put like two corners of the house together, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm bored. This guy built a scale a replica of the United States with topography include so right above bography, elevation change in mountains, and you can go from city to city.
Speaker 1: Who has that time? Who is the guy who built it? What's his name? Right?
Speaker 4: And then his name in the the post that I just where he reposted on the show account is a Minecraft builder. They don't even say his name. He puts all that time and he's like, my name is Hank. Can you say like I did this? I did just to beat women, right? His wife had to be pissed. You know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure she's probably really hot and really real. Uh oh.
Speaker 2: Though, by the way, we have that list, we never got to the least attractive hobbies for men according to women. Video games number one, so I don't know, uh, collecting figurines number two, Magic tricks number three.
Speaker 1: Ross. This feels like a personal attack on you, buddy.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't understand it. Like Markey and I, we love playing video games together. I watched her play her Disney dream Light Valley yesterday for like an hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know what that is, but it was just.
Speaker 4: A game stun joy. So I don't know what, dude, I think the couple that plays together stays together.