Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 3: And the man wearing Dennis Curran's old number six makes it too nothing With John Taylor, I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg and Rick Dolly Wall, Now, are.
Speaker 4: You gonna go on the couch at eight o'clock tonight? Sits down and let's.
Speaker 3: Put it in.
Speaker 2: Here's Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 3: Ten o'clock in downtown Vancouver with the Paul Carsions Studio. Thanks for tuning in.
Speaker 1: Coachs.
Speaker 3: It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor long with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He is the man of the controls our director. The voice of God is Derek Wanng. What a morning, Wow Wow. So we were preparing this show, getting ready to talk a lot and we still will talk a lot about Rick Hackett being hired as the new head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers. We had a poll question all ready to go, focusing on that news, and then lo and behold moments ago. We find out first of all through a tweet from TSN's Darren Dregor. Do we have the tweet, Ryan, And here's what Darren had to say on Twitter. As others have speculated, Adam Foot will be named head coach of the Vancouver Canucks. No official announcement yet, but other people have built on this and it looks like indeed Adam Foot is the canucks twenty second head coach.
Speaker 4: And what I can add to this, Don is it's a three year deal. It's going to be a three year deal for Adam Foot in Vancouver. Here's what I was told. Players know him. Don you know that team management knows him. They've had him here for a couple of years. He knows where the skeletons are and you know what I see skeletons. He this past season and the chaos and the drama. He was there, So that helped his case?
Speaker 3: How would that help?
Speaker 4: It would help because he a new guy's gonna come in and go, Okay, Now I'm dealing with Peterson. Now I'm dealing with this. I'm dealing with that. He was there, he saw everything this year. I think that helped him. I really do he was a serious candidate. The moment the Foot left, Donnie, he had good interviews. He was fully prepared in his interviews. The moment Talcket left, Yeah, the moment Talcket left, I believe Foot was good interviews. I was told very prepared. He really impressed the brass with that. And I was told as soon as Talcket left, the Canucks identified an entry level guy. They wanted an entry level guy, give a guy a chance, while Boyle boy Don, they're given Adam for a chance because he's never been I head coach at the National Hockey League.
Speaker 3: Let me just say this, Yeah, that the knock on and you know I was all for the Canucks hiring Manny Mahultra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just there.
Speaker 3: I know that there's an X factor, and what you can read into X factors, I'm not so sure. But there's just something about Manny. He just screamed excellent coach, excellent NHL head coach of the future. And the knock against him was what number one knock, lack of experience. I don't want to rain on the Canucks parade, but Manny Maholter is Scotti Bowman next to Adam Foot and Adam's played a wonderful career as a player, but Maddy's had seven years as an assistant in the National Hockey League. One year as an AHL head coach won very successful year Adam Foot coached and kloon a head coach twenty nineteen, twenty twenty. I believe they hosted the Memorial Cup that year. I'm not sure if I got that right, but he was let go and then the last three years as a Canucks assistant coach under Rick Talckett. And the reason I was questioning you when you say that, you know, maybe last year helped them going through all that turmoil. The coaching staff didn't get the job done with the turmoil.
Speaker 4: Rights, Yeah, but a new guy's gonna come out on them.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 4: It's not my I got two other things to mention here, don I hope the Vancouver Canucks didn't sign Foot to keep Quinn Hughes. Okay, that's one. That's one, and two when you identify an entry level guy, what what do we know? What about their offer to Rick Talckett five years over four million a year between twenty to twenty five million. I can guarantee you that the money, the Foot's getting is nowhere near the money they offered. Uh uh Tockett, So was finances Uh part of the decision? Don that'sn't That's bad?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: And I if Quinn Hughes watched in two years and you hired Foot to keep Quinn Hughes, boy, that's going to be a bad look just bad on a lot of levels.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, he it's pretty obvious that Quinn Hughes is a fan of Adam Foot. Yeah, but ultimately for hockey player with the clock ticking, for for every young or old you want to win a Stanley Cup, you want to you want to play meaningful hockey, he can. Whenever the biggest Adam Foot fan in the world they don't win, he's I'm thinking he's going to be out of here. Maybe you know, I hope we're wrong. I hope that you know this this all works out. But I just I'll go back to what I said earlier. When you look at the other candidates Marco sterm and Mitch Love than Jay Woodcroft and Manny Moultra, they all have significantly even Manny significantly more experience than Adam Foot. Is it the be all and end all? Will we'll find out. But it's just really it seems a little strange right now that that's the person they go with. And this is nothing against Adam Foot. It's more about with no decision and with a knock against their number one candidate many more who seemed to be their number one candidate was experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Adam Football, I'll say this to you, a twenty plus in the NHL Stanley Cups with the Canada. He want with Canada at the national tournaments as a player as a player, so there's a lot of experience here. He knows hockey inside out. But I mean, this is going to catch a lot of It caught us off guard to put a hold that I'm not gonna say he was a candidate. He was a cand two nights ago. I was told keep an eye on Foot. He's in there, don't don't discount Foot. And guess what they hire Foot well for.
Speaker 3: Me and this might still happen, of course many Maholt is pretty busy right now. But the one thing that would smooth this over for the people who like me, wonder why you'd hire somebody like Adam Foot. Again, just a wonderful player, but not a lot of professional coaching experience. What if many leaves Avasford to come to Vancouver as an assistant, maybe that helps. Now at that point you'd need a you need a more experienced coach on the bench, like a Mike Yeo type to help to help out there, I would think. But if Manny comes up from Abbatsford, that would smooth things. Well, would help because I I don't do you want to lose Manny Mahultra and is he upset with his decision?
Speaker 4: Well, here's the other thing we're not keeping in mind, Donnie. If Tackett, which is going to Philadelphia, Adam Foot could have followed him, and maybe the Canucks thought, hey, we don't want to lose this guy. But if Adam if Rick Tockey goes to Philly like he is going to go to Philly, hold it a second, dot, you don't want to lose a guy. You know, he would have walked. If you don't give Poot the head coaching job in Vancouver, he would have walked to Philly with Tackett. So maybe that was a concern of the Canucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, But now you've got you've got the situation where Manny Mahultra has been I would think passed over or maybe maybe they could be gone through this, but maybe he felt he wasn't ready. I wouldn't. I have a hard time believing somebody like Manny was competitive. He's from a National Hockey League player, would would go, I don't know if I'm ready, I don't if I want the job, so on they go. But if if Manny ends up behind the bench as an assistant, I think that well, it won't ruffle feathers as much for him and for for a lot of the A lot of the fan base are are Delaney's okay, tire and lang in all the groove inbox is is hopping right now. Uh, this is horrible news, boys, this is unsigned. Pardon me, it's Mike, I believe in Abbitsford. Horrible newsboys, cannocks. Twitter is hating it. This could be the straw that broke the Campbell's back. I might not follow the Canucks anymore due to this hiring. Again, that's Mike in Abbotsford. That's just just one example. I'm sure there's some positive examples there, but that's the first one that one of the first ones that I saw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely there's a ton in there, and Donnie. Here's the other question I have for you. The Canucks have goal scoring issues. They got problems in the top six. Adam Foot's gonna help the blue line. He's gonna help the structure in your own end. But who's gonna help with the offense, Like I mean, well.
Speaker 3: They'll get they'll get apparently associate coach for that.
Speaker 4: A Tonne Skotsky's there. He's a skills guy, he's a he's a good offensive guy. But this is a club without three top six forwards. Brock Besser is long shot, long shot to return. You got one top six guy in their Debraska and the rest are all not regular top six guys. The wingers you mean yeah, and centerman too. They're looking for his Well, they have a top well, they have a top center. Number one takes a lot of money, but he also had a horrible year.
Speaker 3: Well here's the other thing that we haven't brought up. That's a possibility. What about Manny Malholtra already having a job somewhere else. Maybe he's got got as their other Pittsburgh reportedly interested, Kyle Dubs reportedly interested in Manny Multra. Maybe he's maybe he wants to go somewhere else. Yeah, maybe they didn't have a shot at him.
Speaker 4: There's so many things. I mean this this hit us five minutes before we came on the air. We tried our best to Donnie get as much as if as we can. But I'm not surprised because two nights ago I was told, Hey, Adam Foots in there, he's still fighting. He's still fighting, and well, I guess you won the fight.
Speaker 3: So for people just tuning in again, Adam Foote has been named head coach of the Vancouver Canucks, twenty second head coach in Canucks' history. Also, before that news broke, we found again we're going to base our show, or the foundation of our show was supposed to be Rick Tackett being hired by the Philadelphia Flyers, twenty fifth head coach in the Flyers' hit history. So he moves from a difficult situation in Vancouver to arguably, I don't even know if it's arguable more difficult situation in Philadelphia. They finished with fourteen they missed the playoffs or what fifth or sixth straight year, fourteen fewer points than the Canucks and again haven't made the playoffs five straight year, six of the last seven. Their goaltending is a mess, as it has been going back for such a long time. But Rick td it goes back to a place is very familiar with and a place he'd been rumored to be going to in Philadelphia, new head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers.
Speaker 4: You remember those rumors early, you know, talking to Philly. Canucks got really mad at that and they didn't like those rumors. A few weeks ago. Well guess what done when Tortorella left. When Tortorella got fired, there was a ton of talk into Philly rumors. The Canucks were upset with those, and some even say they called Philadelphia and said, hey, you know what's going on here? And well guess where he ended up Philadelphia. And it looks like it could be five years of five million. The Canucks offered per five per and the Canucks offered to talk. It I believe was five years in between twenty to twenty five million. So he got his bag, as the kids say, he got the bag done?
Speaker 1: Is it the bag? Is that what the kids say that?
Speaker 3: I believe?
Speaker 4: So he went from two point seven to five million. I mean, that's a hell of a raise for a guy. You know, team didn't make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: For the Canuck's sake, they catch a break in that. And I don't even know how serious this was. He didn't he didn't sign with Seattle. You would have made the Canucks look really bad.
Speaker 4: And Seattle made a great offer, by the way, dog, great offer to talk it.
Speaker 3: But you know what I'm talking about. It would have made them look bad because Jim Mutherford said Rick Tackett wants the coach in the east Beck Easton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, boy, what a day the Canucks talking to Philly and Adam Foot the new coach of the Canucks.
Speaker 3: Let's hit the Waddling Dog. Poll question has to has to do with the news that broke just moments ago about Adam Foot becoming the new head coach of the Vancouver Canucks. Vision one of Victoria's favorite pubs. We're talking about the Wattling Dog, where you can enjoy twenty taps at twenty screens your home for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today.
Speaker 4: Ryan, get her up the Waddling Dog. Pup poll question. Is Adam Foot the right choice for the Canucks head coach?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Sixty four percent say no, thirty six percent say yes. We got five hundred and ninety votes already. Just put this up a couple of minutes ago, folks, with the breaking news about Adam Foot the head coach of the Canucks, I'm going to be interested to hear Donnie from management. You know, the thinking in the process, and it's it's easy for us to to talk about the signing without the knowledge of what they were thinking. And but I did hear as soon as talkt left they had identified an entry level guy as a guy they wanted to give a shot to a chance to to become a heead.
Speaker 3: Well he's entry level. Well, but this is nothing against Adam Foot. No, I'm just going with facts here and and like you look at his experience versus Manny's experience and it's it's not close. I'm sorry, here's another question. We talk about appeasing Quinn Hughes. Okay, obviously very important. Adam Foot has worked absolutely has worked with the Canucks defenseman the past three seasons, and it's been pretty successful. I would say it's just the defense right now and has a lot to do with acquisitions as opposed to coaching. Along with coaching. What about Eleas Peterson? Is he going to be able to unlock that mystery.
Speaker 4: Well that's a great point. I mean I always thought all these guys the Canucks were interviewing, If one of these coaching candidates could have told the Canucks this is how I'm gonna fix Eliast Peterson, I would have hired that guy on the spot. But well that's just added to Adam Foot said to do list fix Ellish Patterson.
Speaker 3: Delaney's okay, Tarn Langley an alder Grove inbox. This is unsigned. Give the guy a chance. Nobody knows anything about how the interview process went and how it was presented. News dropped five minutes ago, and Vancouver already knows it's going to fail. Give me a break.
Speaker 4: I just told you how the interview process. When I just told you that he had good interviews and he was fully prepared and that's how we got the job. So you know what, we did do some homework before he went on the air. Yeah, but you know our interviews the be all and end all. Well they guy, don you and I've been interviewed for jobs. Yeah, I've interviewed people for jobs, and yeah, interviews played most of them got fired. With the two weeks, most of them got fired. But listen, interviews are big body language interviews, knowledge interviews. There's a lot to look into it. And this poor kid, Mitch Love. There's a lot of lots to love about Mitch Love. But the problem was done. His interview was with the Crucks on the phone. I mean, this is a guy they really like. But where are you going to do a zoom call? Well, I presume it was a zoom call. But there's a lot to love about Mitch Love. He's a good coach.
Speaker 3: Right, here's what's coming up. By the way, we're gonna have to do some shuffling here. We had some things ready to go that we may or may not have time for, but this is what's scheduled at this moment. Ryan, how are you? By the way, Yeah, sorry, saw Max Sassin. We've we have in the bank an interview we recorded moments ago. As a matter of fact, just before the Adam Foot news broke with Max Sassen to the Atmospherd Canucks who play Game one against Colorado Friday, Do we want to do that next segment?
Speaker 1: I think we should delay that. Yeah, there's a lot in the inbox. Also, I am I'm being reminded and I'm currently getting it as we speak of Remember Quinn Hughes on the bench in February, I want to say in Chicago. He was on the T and T B actually was La. He was on the T and T broadcast and he glowed about Adam Foot to the T and T panel. Is it from February. I've got that clip. I'm editing it right now, so we'll have that in the next segment as well. Again, it's a little bit dated, but you know, it is a glimpse into what you know. He was very positive about the now Canucks head coach.
Speaker 4: I keep saying Quentin Hughes is behind this decision.
Speaker 3: But there is the difficult part with that for everybody who cares about the Canucks is Adam Foot might be the greatest coach and they might even win. Yeah, and he and handle Quinn Hughes perfectly. And obviously maybe Quinn Hughes feels that's the way it's been the last three seats. He might still leave.
Speaker 1: He still might leave.
Speaker 4: If he leaves and you signed Foot to keep him and he leaves, then you're gonna look dumb.
Speaker 3: DTMZ is it just me in the eleven o'clock hour? John Shannon, Pride of Oliver BC. I'll have a few things to say about Adam, but he's gonna join us just after eleven o'clock. Big ride the quitter guy. Later this hour we're gonna save Max Sassin, I believe for the bottom of the hour. Apologies to Max. Is a great interview. Oh it's such a great deal of the way, So we'll deal more with Adam Foot being the new head coach of the Vancouver Canucks internext segment. Thanks for tuning in, so thanks so much for tuning in, folks. Donnie Delight the team.
Speaker 2: Check Donnie and Dollie.
Speaker 5: The team is supported by Abelauctions dot c a Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help. For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email sales at able auctions dot Ca. Dot sales at ABLA Auctions dot CAA.
Speaker 4: The Bayside Resort is a boutique luxury resort like no other. Nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville Beach, this beautiful ocean front property prides themselves on offering a uncompromising fusion of West Coast authenticity and bespoke luxury. Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged. The setting is gorgeous, the memories last a lifetime. Whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean view or an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, ocean front restaurant, loud high speed internet access, or the perfect place for your next corporate event, the Bayside ocean Front Resort the perfect choice any time of the year.
Speaker 3: It's called two five zero, two four.
Speaker 1: Eight eight, triple three and buck your stay today.
Speaker 3: All right, we're still working on that. The clip from during the hockey season the NHL season, Quinn Hughes, Basically, I believe an endorsement of at a Foot. Meanwhile, our waddling dog pull question. Visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs where you can enjoy twenty camps and twenty screens. You're home for the Connection in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today. Adam Foot new head coach of the Vancouver Connection.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, and our waddling dog up poll question, is Adam Foot the right choice for the Canucks as the new head coach? Sixty one percent say no, thirty nine percent so yes. So over seven hundred votes already. It's hopping, it's bopping' But you know what, it's very early and we just found out down that the new coach, Adam Foot's going to talk to the media Thursday at eleven, so we'll get more insight into this big decision by the Bank of Canucks, a new three year deal for Adam Foot.
Speaker 3: Delaney's okay, Tiring Langley and Aldergrove inbox. As we talked about in the previous segment, it's hopping, it's bopping, it's not stopping. Not all of the negative, not all of the negative. Sonny from Victoria Fantastic News head coach who won Stanley Cups as a hard butt, crooked nos defenseman. The team has the best defense in years. Quinn Hughes approved as well. This checks all the boxes again, that's Sonny from Victoria Array of Sunshine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, and uh hey, they keep Quinn happy. They got it, they keep well, they keep continuity on the on the bench. If you go with Manny and Foot walks to Philly with talk it Donnie, who who's staying? Sebskotsky is staying. Uh, but that's it, and so.
Speaker 3: Who who's you know that for shrouded.
Speaker 4: I've been told that Sebskotsky is staying. So yeah, hold on there.
Speaker 1: You talk about inexperienceience one year.
Speaker 3: Sekoski.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you want him, you want Adams.
Speaker 4: Maybe, And you got all these new guys coming in on your bench in a critical year coming up.
Speaker 3: Well, they have to hire somebody with experience to help out Adam Foot. And I know Adam Foot has been around the National Hockey League for a long time. He's only been three an assistant for three years.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: A head coach in Clint didn't finish the season for one.
Speaker 1: I hear that's it. I hear you.
Speaker 3: I hear you again. Experience wise, it's a very interesting decision. I'll say what I said in the first segment. Very interesting decision because Manny Maholtra has significantly more experience as a coach at the pro level than Adam Foot, and the knock against many was a lack of experience.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep.
Speaker 4: We got a clip from Alvin here in the in the press release talk Adam's a strong leader, good teacher, person who knows what it takes to build the great culture and winning attitude. So there you go, DoD some of the reasons why they hired him.
Speaker 3: What do you expect them to say?
Speaker 4: I expect him to say nice things.
Speaker 1: They imagine if he said he wasn't our first choice. But we've settled on Adam Foot. But look at all the guys they hired him.
Speaker 4: Look at the people that made the final list for the Canucks, all guys with no experience.
Speaker 3: A Woodcraft was okay, but was he the finalist?
Speaker 4: I don't know if Woodcraft was. I know Mitch Love was hanging around there. Maholtra, all these guys.
Speaker 1: Can you say Manny has no experience.
Speaker 3: Well, he's more than Adam no head coaching experience.
Speaker 4: Puts him in the same boat as Foot.
Speaker 3: Mitch Love. Yeah, but but Manny at the pro level has been on a bench, has been waiting for well, for one head coach for one season at the pro level, it's been very successful. An assistant with both the Canucks and Travis Green is going to be on our show. To Manny was an assistant coach under him and then he went went to the Leafs like again the knock on him experience more than Adam Foot.
Speaker 4: And you can bet the Canucks, uh not just Quinn Hughes. You call other players, Hey, what do you think about Adam Foot? And you know what, I'm sure more than one player gave the thumbs up to Adam Foot before.
Speaker 3: Of course. Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I do have that clip now if you want to play.
Speaker 3: Okay, so set it up for this during the season.
Speaker 1: During the season in February, the Canucks were in LA and after the game, Hughes joined the T and T panel and they talked about coaching. So he does blend a little bit here in regards to Adam Foot and Rick talking, but he very much huge, especially early on in the clip singling out Adam Foot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a lot of coaches out there that you know, scream and yell and they want to you know, bully their players, intimidate their players, and this is a guy that I would say coaches his defenseman, coaches his players like he'd want his kids coached. And then on top of that, with all the experience he has, and you know, Rick said it before, he doesn't, you know, think of himself as a coach. He thinks of himself as a teacher, and he's teaching us and footy. And Rick's job is to win games, but also it's uh to make.
Speaker 1: Everyone a better player.
Speaker 6: And you know, you want to be a better player in March than you were September, and then hopefully a better team as well. And I think it's not just process, you know, results based wins losses. That's trying to make you know, people better, people, better players. And you know, over the course of my three years with these guys, of my game's kind of taken off here and that's a big part of big parts of them.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, interesting item that he touched on there, and that's that. Quinn Hughes has been outstanding since day one with the Vancouver Conducts. Do you agree the best it was gaming against Los Angeles as a matter of fact, his first game, But he's gotten better as good as he was at the very very start, he's gotten better and it sounds like there he's giving a significant amount of the credit to Rick Hacket and of course Adam fun who working with him day in day out, handles the defense on the bench during games. So to shed some positive light on this, it's clear that quinn Us is a big fan.
Speaker 4: We know that. We know he loves talking and you heard him I mentioned foot in the same breath. Uh, Donnie. But if you're just going to pick a coach for one guy and not twenty two guys, then it's gonna it's not gonna work out properly. They did the La Loongo thing. Oh, let's make them captain, you know, and uh, you know that, how.
Speaker 1: Did that work out?
Speaker 4: Do something for the entire team, Do something for twenty two players, not for one. But anyways, we'll see how the shakes out.
Speaker 3: We're getting a lot of this. Delaney's okay, Tarren Langley and older Grove inbox Orange and east Van I actually kind of like to hire if Adam continues the system they have had that despite a poor season, they still got ninety points and it's on management to find some forwards that can drive offense. Jim Rutherford is talking about that they needed three anyways. Heading into the offseason again, Jim Rutherford has gone on record as saying they need three forwards and we'll probably we'll Friday forward try to get those forwards through a trade. There you go, it's official. From the current Canucks Twitter account, Adam Foot named head coach. Yeah, the Banks.
Speaker 4: He was never out of the mix right from day one. He had good interviews. He was prepared. Uh, he knows the chaos that took place this year don and he's probably got a pretty good read on how to fix the chaos. How is he going to handle the media? Like the one thing about Talktt and Boudreau and Green and all these guys that have been here in the past, they were all good with the media. Foot has not that it's a big thing, but it's the most important thing.
Speaker 3: Hold it, Talcket. The media got to talk it this year like.
Speaker 4: If it's a bad yearn I know for a fact it did one the PDPDPD. All you got to got to talking was losing. No, no, PDPDPD. All you got to do is talk about pd you like that? No, just stop that, that's what talking said. How about if the media gets to this guy because if it's a bad year next year, how's he going to handle the media? You got to come out every game day skating. You know this as a veteran reporter. Game day skates, postgame, pregame, all this stuff. It's a lot to handle for guys.
Speaker 3: In a case the management doesn't ignore the local media. Do the interviews with people back East?
Speaker 4: Yeah, do interviews with the podcast Back East seven days a week.
Speaker 3: Knuck's finishing with ninety points, as Orange pointed out, and I will say this, I'm sure Adam Foot and the rest of the knock organization is they stayed. The obvious is going to love seeing what is going to happen if they don't have so many injuries. So I'll give the Cannucks that they missed the playoffs by six points. You know, it's not you know, like ninety points. It's just the turmoil mixed with the missing the playoffs after such such promise last season. It just seemed awful. Ninety points isn't bad. I will give or Orange that. So you take away those injuries and you just have to wonder where they'll be the problem is is that JT. Mill is not there anymore. He's one of their best players.
Speaker 4: Their return is questionable well and the only guy with hard skilled in the top six for the Canucks of JT. Miller and he doesn't play here anymore.
Speaker 1: Don.
Speaker 4: I do want to say one thing. I see a lot of people ripping a foot for what happened in Kelowna that was many years ago. Why are we talking about what happened in Colonna?
Speaker 1: Don?
Speaker 3: Because it's his only head coaching experience.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know a ton of guys that went to the junior Do you know that owners not not that it's the Colona owner, but do you know that owners are way more hands on at the Western Georgia Hockey League levels than they are with the NHL teams. And we know the owner here has been hands on many many times. But I mean, stop with the talk about Colonna. Who cares how he went?
Speaker 3: And why would you stop with the talk? Why?
Speaker 1: Don? It was? It's irrelevant? What's happening today?
Speaker 3: Rick? They just hired a head coach whose only head coaching experiences experience was a many years ago, the poor season in Coloonna. Judge him on what he's done with the Cocks. The last two years. He's taken over Vancouver. He's not taking over the Colona Rockets. I don't get it. They do last year the Colona Rockets. No not, you said, judge him on how they've done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, how did they do two years ago? Game seven Oilers Round two?
Speaker 3: But you, okay, judge him on his time in Vancouver. But do you not understand why people are bringing up.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. Stop with the Kolona crap. Who cares what he did in Colona?
Speaker 3: That was his only head coaching job. That's actually look at his Hockey dB page. That's it. That's his only head coaching job. Manny Maholtra's loane head coaching experience at the pro level. This colonel was in junior. I'll give you that. Yeah, he's been successful. It's it's and again, maybe Manny joins Adam's staff. I'm not I'm not really sure, but but I will say this. I don't want to criticize Adam Foot for what happening at Colona, but I do understand why people are bringing it.
Speaker 4: I bypassed Colona. Hey, do you know, Manny Malolts last year in Toronto? Done wasn't really good. He got bumped to eye in the sky. And you know what, Carber, he took over the power play.
Speaker 3: They took him up. Why are you bringing that up?
Speaker 4: It was in the past, okay, but that's at the NHL level. I can bring it up at the NHL level, but not in junior five hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: Who cares? That's not that long ago. Five years ago.
Speaker 1: So if he had won the Memorial Cup with the Rockets, when we'd be annoyed.
Speaker 4: So how did the Rockets see that Memorial Cup?
Speaker 1: That doesn't matter. I'm just saying you're saying bad. You're you're telling it wasn't a great situation. Yeah, but you're telling people to flush it. So if you had won, it would be you flushed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, but my point still be there.
Speaker 4: Many moultos last year in Toronto was not good. He got taken off the power play, walked upstairs. You didn't like it. Why are you bringing that up? If people can't bring up Adam Foote, your hockey is different. I mean, come on, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's still no word to drink. The guy left or was fired or whatever you want to say. Out of Colowna. The year they were hosting it. How are what You've.
Speaker 4: Covered the dub for a billion years? You're not when the Hocks hired Adam Foot? Was Colonna brought up? When the out of Foot? Probably nobody, He wasn't a head coach about Colonna, about Adam Foot. And now it's all, ok, look what happened in Colonna. Yeah, you had bad experience, it didn't run well.
Speaker 3: You don't you don't think it should be brought up, But you don't understand why other people would.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: Ryan's bang on.
Speaker 4: What if he had won, we'd be talking about we've gotten the radio stations where it didn't work out. We both left within a year. Things happen. It's okay, move on.
Speaker 3: So if you're interviewing somebody, you just ignore part of their past.
Speaker 4: Did the Canucks ignore it?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 4: I'm sure the Canucks asked him, heye, what happened in Colonna? And I'm sure why would they? It's not a big deal. Happened seven million years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a bad take.
Speaker 3: It's not a bad take.
Speaker 1: I don't know how what he did in Cologna five years ago. Let me ask you have anything to do with you. You've covered the dub for a million years? How often? How often do teams fire their head coach? There's you want to give me time, I'll find you five when they're hosting the Memorial Cup.
Speaker 4: Not we're hosting the mem cop.
Speaker 1: It didn't go well, it's it's not worthy judge.
Speaker 4: This guy and what he's done with the Canucks the last two years. Forget about Colonna. You don't know the circumstances of Clona any better than I.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we're not gonna we're going around in circle.
Speaker 1: We're going to agree to disagree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, we gotta read here or anything.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I head spinning, as Rick would say, Yeah, let's do able, and then we'll regroup.
Speaker 3: I thought that clip was good, by the way, you didn't think it was that the clip of quin.
Speaker 1: He was kind of rambled.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's very good. It was very good. Good job.
Speaker 1: Actually who found TG? Well no, somebody on Twitter posted it. Okay, reminded me of.
Speaker 3: A good job by them. Okay, next segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we're way over time, so we're not gonna be able to air Max next segment in the eleven o'clock hour. We will run Max Sassin eleven.
Speaker 3: Unless another head coach gets higher than that. Rick Talckett is the new head coach at Philadelphia. Adam Foote is the new head coach in Vancouver. Put that in your pipe and smoke it and smoke it. Don't bring up Colonna stop. Able Auctions is our title sponsor. May twenty eighth. The Able Auctions will sell court seas and impounded vehicles, including a Corvette stingray that.
Speaker 4: Rick oh Man, what a beauty? And by the way, I said that's a Mustang at the bottom yesterday and got ripped for it.
Speaker 1: It's a Camaro.
Speaker 4: Surprised, What doesn't it look like a Mustang?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 3: Same day? Able will sell a burial plot a shot of that, I guess. Nana Scissor lifts commercial lawn equipment, seeds ATVs, commercial trucks, portable buildings, and a lot more. It all goes to the highest bidder. May twenty eighth. For information on if that corvette if you found out that it had an engine issue five years ago or a bad owner five years would it be a big deal? Or an accident five years ago? Would would would you want it? Would you want to know about that?
Speaker 4: So let's go back in everyone's closets for five years and yes, stop, don just stop.
Speaker 3: So how come I don't.
Speaker 4: Want to go into your closet? What about Manny's bad you're in Toronto. We got bumped upstairs?
Speaker 3: He didn't like it wasn't a head coach.
Speaker 4: Uh well yeah, okay for information, it's not a big deal though. No, no, no, according to you, for information on this auction, go to that is your worst take there. It's not like it's been what four years here. Think the Canucks spent any time on Colonna when they were Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Actually, oh, hold on.
Speaker 1: Now you're saying you don't think the Canucks.
Speaker 4: Did you think the Canucks who have known Foot for two and a half years and might have asked him what happened in Colona when he got hired in Vancouver in the first place? You think now they're gonna spend a ton of time on him.
Speaker 3: No, but I think they might have given given the way things are going for the Canucks, they probably didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, if they didn't ask him in his interview, Hey, we're thinking about making you head coach? What happened the last time you were a coach?
Speaker 4: So what about when you are not be questions, an assistance, an assistance what they're doing? Pack checks on everything, stop stop both there is people backing Rick up.
Speaker 1: It's surprisingly the Delaineys.
Speaker 3: I always got a lot of relatives information on this auction. As we get back to able auctions, go to able Auctions dot c A to get your business assets sold. Email sales at able Actions dot ca A that's sales at a b l E Auctions dot c A. Adam Foot, new head coach of the Canucksrick coocket is headed to Philadelphia. I guess as expected. Uh, we'll deal with the poll question and more next Donnie, delay the team and check.
Speaker 4: Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, Lower Mainlands leader in rental property management from finding a tenant to collecting rents and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers vive star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds Nest Property as a call today six oh four two six to zero, double nine, double five, or visit Birdsnest Properties dot.
Speaker 1: C Adam Foot.
Speaker 3: Twenty second head coach of the Vancouver Connection was made official today, man named Mahultra. It looks like we'll get to this later. It looks like he's staying in Absford, Abitsford playing Game one against Colorado. Yeah on Friday as the third round Caulter Cup Playoff series. Visit one Victrice's favorite pubs, A Dog where you can enjoy twenty caps, twenty screens your home for the Conduction in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today.
Speaker 4: Rick Ryan, get her up. The wattling Dog. Pop poll question is Adam Foot. It's really simple, folks. Is he the right choice? Is the conduction new head coach? And sixty percent? Wow, say no, he's not. Thirty forty percent say he is. Eleven hundred votes already, it's hopping. It's s popping. It's not stopping.
Speaker 3: Delaney's okay, tying Langley and all the grove inbox Ron and Millardville. Maybe the submission of the year. And I'm serious here, what is it? Is it just me? It's and early? Is it just me? Or does everyone A B C have something that happened in Klona in the past. We'd like to forget that is bang on. The Lord knows what you got up to in Colonna. Those Lions training camps, conchs and training camp.
Speaker 4: Parties up in Colona. I tell you it's a good place to get down. No, I mean just you know, get down and party. That's what I meant, get down and party.
Speaker 3: Get you turned into Casey of Casey.
Speaker 1: Something about that that little water there?
Speaker 3: You get a boat you get in there? Mean the lake?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the lake there? What's it right over the bridge there.
Speaker 3: Known as the little water? Just stop.
Speaker 1: Colonna is a beautiful place. It's a beautiful place.
Speaker 3: I tell you.
Speaker 4: I've had some good minor hockey tournaments there. There you go, partying in the best Western with the boys in the hallways.
Speaker 3: We've all had a lot of fun there.
Speaker 4: Just stop, Ryan, What do you know about?
Speaker 3: Donnie?
Speaker 4: And I know about minor hockey tournaments and partying in the best Westerns.
Speaker 1: I spent a lot of time in Kelowna, though, I've spent lots of time. My grandparents used to live up there. There you go, Well, there you go.
Speaker 4: I never got I met get down and party like, come on, guys, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Colowna beautiful city.
Speaker 3: Uh, guys, this is unsigned. Not a huge fan of the higher but the Foots defense that Colonna Rockets team has produced zero NHLs, very rare. Thank you for a Memorial Cup host.
Speaker 4: Maybe the general manager thank you. Well, it may they're just a great submission. Maybe the general manager handed him not such a great hockey club.
Speaker 3: Down, But good coaches can deal with that and allow their players to improve.
Speaker 4: You can't make chicken salad with the chicken bleep. Bernie from Kelowna was their leading scorer fifty eight points today. Pabl Novak, he's doing in the Czech league.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: He was in the East Coast Hockey League and he ended up and yeah, that's right. We maybe it might be the other way around.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do have this one from uh uh Alistair in the loops. Yeah, the lady's okay, tired Langley and Aldogrov inbox. I get Hughes as a big fan of foot and you have to do whatever it takes to keep him happy. But Foot was getting out coached left, right and center in Kloonna and oversaw a Rockets team that had the third and seventh worst goals for in the WHL in his two seasons there.
Speaker 3: Why are you bringing that up?
Speaker 1: Well, because there's somebody in Kamloops probably seen what I saw. Colonus Alistair in Kamloops followed the Rockets probably a little bit more closely than we did during that time. So what do you say again, I'm not repeating it. Bottom line is it didn't go well. His teams didn't play overly well in Coloonna.
Speaker 4: Okay, he was there for the one No, he didn't fish the team.
Speaker 3: He didn't finish the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, Ryan said his teams in Colonia, he was there one year, Okay.
Speaker 3: Jim in Vancouver, this is a very good point, de Laneys. Did the Canadians care about Marty San luis bantam coaching results before they signed as head coach? Is always going to be exceptions, And Jim makes a very good point, like Marty Saint Louis. They coaching minor hockey, but he's Marty Saint Louis, like an accomplished player, and you could say the same thing to be positive for a second year. You could say the same thing about Adam Foot all sorts of success as a player.
Speaker 4: Ah twenty plus years down the cops for Canada at World tournaments.
Speaker 3: You know we should get on soon. Ryan is Doug McClain. Doug McClain, when he was in charge of the Columbus Blue Jackets, went out of his way do you remember this to sign as a free agent Adam Foot. He eventually made his way back to Colorado, but he would have a few things to say about Adam Foot as a player and as a leader of that Columbus team. Back of the day were laughing about it. No, there's just people ripping everybody. Hey, listen.
Speaker 4: And the other thing to keep in mind with the Foot, we gotta give him time. You can't sit and rip and teary.
Speaker 1: What you're getting that stands take a stance.
Speaker 4: So at Christmas time, if the Canucks are first in their division, you two are gonna be Oh, what a great decision at the foot up boy. I called it from day one. That's why you two are gonna Well do you like the.
Speaker 3: Hire or not?
Speaker 4: I think I said hold on that guy, are you down with water in the break? I think this higher is for Quinn Hughes. I think this higher, if you look at the money, is the owner stepping in there and saying we're not this guy's not getting four or five million.
Speaker 1: I think to those do.
Speaker 3: You like it or not?
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it. It keeps the continuity. You don't have a brand new bench in Vancouver behind the bench and you don't have that, So I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it.
Speaker 3: They should, you know what they should do, Like this is just an idea for an improvement. Those new seats at Rogers Arena. Put them on the Canucks bench. Yeah, you know, soccer players have those great seats in the coaches like gaming chairs. Why not Doug from Salmon arm If it's so important to be a good coach at the junior level, then Willie d should still be coaching in the NHL. Of course, his medicine had tigers. He goes back with the medicine had tigers before his time with the Canucks. That the Western Hockey League final.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, will Foot be the next Bill of Forge. We just got that text.
Speaker 3: In Junior Hockey Coach Lit late.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Bill was a long time Western hockey coach before you got the Canucks job.
Speaker 3: That was controversial because we're going to the eighties. It was controversial because no NHL experience with with Bill of Forge, none and Ernie McClain was in their backyard and all sorts of well punched.
Speaker 1: At Rider Russell and what was it?
Speaker 3: Pride, right, hustle, desire? He lost the twenty games and then Harry Neil took over again. But Ernie McClain was there and he wanted the job and he was a very successful junior coach. People know that, and they went with Bill a Forge and the rest is history. Dark times for the Coniks. How are we doing for a break?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We did able last Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big Rye. Next Donnie Delly, the team on check just had a big ride. The Critter guy. No shortage of people in the Delaney's Okay, Tyron Langley an alder Grove in box bringing up the situation with Cal Foot, Adam Foot's kid who's involved in the Hockey Canada scandal the court case back east. I will say this that it is something that Adam Foot and down the road is going to have to answer questions about absolutely. How he deals with that will be extremely interesting, Big.
Speaker 1: Rye, that is true, big right. The Twitter Guard brought to you by Surrey Mitsubishi may is Outlander plug in hybrid electric Vehicle Days at Surrey Mitsubishi this month save up to eighty five hundred off their most popular all wheel drive suv, The Outlander Plug in Hybrid is whisper quiet, fuel efficient, let you drive electric or gas and can fit seven passengers in three rows of seating. Get a massive eighty five hundred and savings until May the thirty first on the Outlander Plug and Hybrid Surrey Mitsubishi in store one three eight two zero one to fourth Avenue in Suri. First of all, our good pal Brandon Nastal moments ago bringing up something you know. Rick Rick has yelled and screamed about this a lot about the instability here when it comes to head coaches in Vancouver with the Canucks. What are they on? Four and four years? Right? Four years?
Speaker 3: The flyers here?
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna go Brandon Nasheal talking about Abbotsford he just tweeted out moments ago. Manny is deserving of getting a hard look in the NHL animal culture that is, but with selfishly hoping he'd be back in Abby next year, developing proper respects is critical and he has hit it out of the park in his last first year. Plus. Ryan Johnson would have had to hire his fourth coach in five years in Abbotsford.
Speaker 3: If he had left.
Speaker 1: So we talk about the instability in Vancouver with coaches in the turnover, you potentially would have been looking at instability in Abbotsford. And I would almost argue that that's more of a concern because that's where the development is supposed to be happening. And if you have all of these guys coming in for kids that are or younger prospects that are in that development stage, and you have all these different voices and all these different philosophies changing year after year after years, that's a real concern.
Speaker 3: But I think that is not unusual when it comes to the miners.
Speaker 1: To HL and I guess so head.
Speaker 3: Coaches, they're always looking to move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no doubt, no doubt. But but the Jeremy calls him. They liked him. They just had an issue over salary and he moved. That's why he left. He was never supposed to leave. They he just asked for more money than they were willing to give them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Another This is a reaction from a friend of the show, Matthew Barnaby. He tweeted out moments ago so pumped for talk and Footer if you've missed it, Rick Talkeett, Flyers head coach, played with and under in Colorado. Awesome hockey guys, teammates and most importantly people that can communicate with today's players. That's what Matthew Barnerby tweeted out about the situation in both Philadelphia and in Vancouver. The skeletons thing that Rick brought up is a very good point. You know, foot went through the fire this year. You know, he knows, he knows where, he knows all the details about everything that happened in the locker room. And so is he the best He's obviously the best candidate to be dealing with that locker room knowing what it went through. This pass is.
Speaker 3: Sure, But he was part of a staff that couldn't get the job done when it came to the situation.
Speaker 1: But he could, he would say, he would say, yeah, but I wasn't head coach. You know I could only do so much in that situation.
Speaker 3: I brought up the Flyers situation with with Rick Tockett, and again you mentioned if you haven't heard Rick Tockett on top of the Adam foot News has been hired as a head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers, as was speculated for a couple of weeks here, he's their eighth head coach in ten years if you included infim head coaches and starting with Craig Perruby. I have very little memory of Ruby being out with the Philadelphia Flyers. That's a lot, that's a lot of instability there. But he's getting he's getting the bag, as you talked about it.
Speaker 4: In the first five years, the Flyers have not made the playoffs, Johnny, they don't have a goaltender, but they are expected to be players on July first. Let's see what talk it gets for help this summer.
Speaker 3: Five million a year, five million years, which is Rick and I have nothing but respect for him, But that's a lot of money for somebody who's had really one successful year as head coach in the National The.
Speaker 4: Cadocks were going to buck up for him, but five million. The Caducks offer was over four million five years. It also helps.
Speaker 1: It helped Rick to have that many openings, definitely.
Speaker 3: I mean how often you know, Boston was competing from maybe Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Seattle, Like, how often do we see this many openings in the NHL? And it was up to what eight.
Speaker 4: But you know what, there's a lot of teams and they're all looking and there's just not he had leverage.
Speaker 1: He had leverage, he had he had TV on top of that too. Yeah, regardless of how real that was him going back, bottom line is it was there.
Speaker 3: In that situation. It's the only way you get ahead we get in our business. The only way you know, you're gonna get any extra, the only way you're gonna get the bag. And he had a good age and our in our business is if you have leverage, somebody wants you.
Speaker 1: And clearly we don't have any. That's why we're here.
Speaker 3: All three of us have no leverage, zero leverage. No one's had stunning the team.
Speaker 4: No one's got leverage in our industry anymore. Zero zilts not we had something back in the day.
Speaker 1: You did.
Speaker 3: Up until your take on the Adam foot.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of support people saying he's been here two and a half years, the cannuction him inside out, they don't care what happened Colodna five years ago.
Speaker 1: DoD So I find that hard to believe.
Speaker 3: So, okay, Rick, if the Canucks were reconsidering or considering rehiring Willie d Would you bring up his.
Speaker 4: Past with the Canucks, Yeah, of course you would. But Donnie, why But he's been in the building. They watch him every day, seven days a week in the winter. They talk to him every day, they see him, they see him at work. Now he's going from assistant.
Speaker 1: To head coach. But does no matter what he didn't Cologna five years ago.
Speaker 3: How many times have you heard people say so and so is a great assistant coach, but he can't handle the head coaching duties.
Speaker 4: Okay, why'd you get hired if Colona was such a bad thing? Why do you get hired?
Speaker 3: Well, for one thing, he's at him foot well and his resume as a player was pretty good. He also had kids on here.
Speaker 4: He's also got a guy named Quintin Hughes backing them up. That helps, Yeah, it helps.
Speaker 3: That since the reason we're working here.
Speaker 1: That's it for Big rather Twitter Guy presented by Surry Mitsubishi. That's up next. We have a good wow. John Shannon joining us next, and I don't want to absolutely keep John waiting. He's up next. It's Donny Dolly, the team on check.
Speaker 3: Love the crack of a baseball bat or the smell of hot dogs. The Vancouver Canadians have you covered.
Speaker 4: Come enjoy a Vancouver summer tradition with three foot hot dogs, sushi races, fireworks and blue Jay prospects, all at the iconic Rogers Field and not Bailey Stadium.
Speaker 3: Visit Canadians Baseball dot com to get your tickets in details on all the summer fun the Seas have to offer. That's Canadians Baseball dot com.
Speaker 1: Come for the fun and stay for the baseball.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 4: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast and on social media.
Speaker 3: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five oh eight, eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at checkmedia dot ca. All today's guests, including John Shannon, standing by with his reactions to the Canucks hiring Adam foot is their new head coach. Brought to you by the Vancouver Canadian Seas at home for five games against Everett. It begins tonight, Rick Friday Catching Nooner. Saturday is Women in Sports Day, featuring an appearance from Hazel May of Sports Net And on Sunday, it's another white Spot family fun Sunday where kids can run the bases post game. Check out the full schedule and get your tickets at Canadians Baseball dot com or call six or four eight seven two five two three two. And we've talked about the Stanley Cup playoffs all at all because Rick Talckett just before the show hired by the Philadelphia Flyers. They made it official. Then a few moments after that, lo and behold Adam Foot, new head coach of the Vancouver Canucks. John Channon joins us now from the One hundred Percent Hockey Podcast. John, thanks for doing this, sir. How are you?
Speaker 7: How are you boys? Just another quiet day right.
Speaker 3: Well supposed to be and then only you know what broke loose. What's your reaction to Adam Foot, with very little experience, being the new head coach of the Vancouver Canucks.
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it must, I must admit. Of of the guys that were on the list, I knew that Adam was getting considered, but I was led to believe that there would be a little more head coaching experience at the NHL level to be considered. That's one of the reasons why I never thought Manny was going to get the job, So from that perspective, there's a bit of surprise. The one thing I would say is that, and you guys know it better than I do, but but Rick Talcket and Adam Foot were joined at the hip for the two and a half years that they were there, so that the relationship that was created between particularly Patrick Alvin and Rick and Adam I think played a huge role in what has what has come through today, you know, and it and it really it speaks to the need for the general manager and the coach to have a strong bond, a strong relationship, and I think that's exactly what happened today. In addition to as you guys have talked about the relationship that that Adam has and has had with the with Quinn Hughes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, John, I'm looking at Marty san Luis Hockey DP page zero coaching experience at the pro or junior level. He was coaching a minor hockey before he got the Habs job, and I think most of us would agree he's done a fine job there. Do you remember what your reaction was or what the general reaction was when he got the job with so little, if any coaching experience at the pro level.
Speaker 7: Certainly, believe it or not, I wasn't surprised, just because I knew the relationship between Jeff, Gordon, Kent, Hughes and Marty. They have all been great friends. They all lived either in New York or Boston, and they all had a joint interest in their kids hockey. So there had been a ton of discussions between the three of them about the game.
Speaker 1: And the other thing.
Speaker 7: The other thing about Montreal is it's not really a fair comparison because in Montreal you need to be bilingual. And let's face it, when Marty got hired, when Jeff got hired and Kent, they were at the bottom of the league. They were at zero and so they were able to build something. And that was how long ago? Now is that four years they've been together?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Four years?
Speaker 7: Okay, so four years. And I'm not sure. I don't view the Canucks in that same spot because I don't think the fan base would take four years of a rebuild in Vancouver again, So from from that perspective, I understand the question. I don't think it's an apples to Apples comparison. You know, Adam Foot has been behind the bench other than in Kelowna for the short period of time, but and other than the Canucks. You know, he was behind the bench in Denver for seven seasons as their defensive coach. And I do think there's something to be said for that. This guy does understand what it's like to be around an NHL team. He and and I know that I know and see the reaction, I think it might be a little premature to say that this is not a good hire. I think there should be some open minds about what exactly Adam Foot can do. We know he's passionate, we know he has a great knowledge of the game, and I think that Patrick Alvin and Jim Brotherhood have seen that. So I'm prepared to give Adam at least the benefit of the doubt for a while.
Speaker 4: All Right, Adam Foot in Rick talking out Johnny's gonna go to Philadelphia? Was that a destination you thought all along for Talckett? But boy, it looks like they're going to buck up for him. It looks like something like five times five for talking to Philly.
Speaker 7: Well when they you know, when the announcement comes I think everybody else said, yeah, we told you so, because the moment Rick opted out, that was the first name that came came up was going back to Philadelphia. He obviously has a great relationship with Danny Brier, has won with Keith Jones. There is some logic there, but I think Takot had his pick. By the way, I just want to correct something that a lot of people have been saying. Rick Takitt did not get an interview in Seattle. He did not get an interview. He was never offered the job. So anybody that's saying that he was offered the job, it's just not true. So there was no contemplation of him going to Seattle. He did not get offered the job or get an interview when the team expanded there. But he thought he got an interview. They tried to put Ron Francis and Rick Talkett together in the same room because they're former teammates, and two plus two got four, and it was it was two plus two gout five every time. So Talkott was never considered in Seattle at this point, so that's something to keep in mind. I do think Boston was interested. But you know, the one thing about the Boston Bruins, as successful as they are, they have budgets and they only pay a certain amount of money to certain people. And so in the end, when you look at it, with Mike Sullivan taking the ranger job, I think the only place that made sense for Talckett was Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: All these coaches.
Speaker 4: Somebody told me, John at the league executive or sorry, a league executive told me there's so many openings but not enough quality candidates. Do you agree with that?
Speaker 7: I think we're well, don't forget you know, the outside guy and all this was David Carl, right, Yeah, David Carl, who is at the University of Denver and has just signed a new deal at the University of Denver, was supposed to be the new blood at thirty five or thirty six years old, but he opted to stay there. So to me, that was kind of a little bit of a domino effect that said, oh, no, we're not getting any new blood now, we have to go back to the old guys here. But here, here's the other thing, though, Rick, look at the success of teams. Right now, Pete Devor is not on his first team. How many how many teams has Pete been on?
Speaker 4: Four or five.
Speaker 7: They're a pretty good team. Paul Maurice, same thing. You know, Craig Berubi, how many teams has he coached? You know this is at least three, So that there is something to be said for retreads. And I say retreads with love and affection. But that's just the reality of the way this business is. Should there be new young blood, Absolutely, and I think that's one of the reasons why you keep many Malhultra in Abbotsford. Let him hone his skills as a head coach. You don't want him back in Vancouver as an assistant coach. You don't want him picking up bucks. You want him making decisions and teaching people. Leave him in Abbotsford. And I heard Ryan talk about, you know, the issues of stability in the American League. It's very valid. Allow many Malhultra to hone his skills so when the time comes, he is ready to be an NHL coach.
Speaker 3: The only problem there, John, and by the way, Ryan's puffing out his chest with your compliment there. But the only problem with that is you risk losing Manny to another organization.
Speaker 7: You risk lots of things, lots of times, Don and I understand that but at the same time, you know, if if you manage it properly, you you know the timing of it, you know understand what the issues are you you I know that people will in maybe in Ecolini Sports don't want to hear this. You might have to overpay, oh for you, you might have to overpay your American League coach.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: It's it's not popular to bring up Toronto, uh in Vancouver. I know that, but I look at what happened when Kyle Dubis took over the Maple Leafs. He brought Sheldon Keith not to the NHL team because he wasn't ready. He stuck him in the American League with the Marleys, And when they made the decision to move on for Mike Babcock, Sheldon Keith is ready. And again Sheldon Keith did a pretty good job in Toronto and is doing a good job in New Jersey. So so the everybody, it's it's funny, right, Today's one of those emotional days. Everybody thinks there's no plan, and there's no plan until you put one in place, ye And so there you know, I would suggest there is a plan for Malhultra. And I would also suggest that Adam Foot will have a plan on even though he's a defensive specialist, to have a plan and bring someone in to handle a little bit of the offense. I look at Winnipeg what they did in changing their assistant coaches in the offseason and bringing in Dean Chanout and Davis Payne, and look how successful they have been, at least until last night.
Speaker 3: Hey one more, John, with the Stanley Cup playoffs, switching gears for a second, is how oppressed are you with the Oilers and their three to one series lead over Vegas Without.
Speaker 1: That come.
Speaker 7: It's truly an amazing story. And what has happened in Edmonton is the cries of we have no depth, we have no depth that occurred all season long. Are now, boy, we have great depth. You know, all of a sudden, You know, Adam Henrique, who had a miserable season, is playing the way he did in New Jersey and Anaheim. Connor Brown is one hundred percent healthy. Evander Kayne's back and playing like Evander Kaine can. Trent Frederick is doing the same thing. So all of a sudden, their death and by the way, just as an aside, Troy Stetcher coming back into the line office and playing and calming Darnell Nurse down last game was a big factor too. So all of a sudden, all the acquisitions that the Oilers made that people criticized, they've done a really good job of building depth. And it didn't hurt either that Connor McDavid missed eleven games in the regular season and Leon Dreisidle missed fifteen and they're actually rested in the playoffs and that's a big factor as well.
Speaker 3: Thanks for saying there's nothing wrong with retreads. You have no idea how much we appreciate.
Speaker 7: You know, Hey, listen between the between the three of us, you know, we could, we could, we could, we could open one of those tire stores, the tire store, you know, and why not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we'll look into it. Use tires. It's busy, John. Thanks for Johnny us. Here's boys next week. John Channon One Hockey podcasting. You heard him at the start of that interview. Despite reports to the contrary, no Seattle interview.
Speaker 4: For Rik Talckett all uh, that caught me off guard. A lot of inside your Insiders reportings. He not only got an interview with Seattle, but he got a great offer so interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, it has to make the Canucks feel good, just because it would have looked I thought it looked bad that even that he would have got just an interview with Seattle after what you're about forget to say about Rick Talckett wanting to set up shop back east. So reportedly from John No interview or job offer for Rick Talckett from the Seattle crack, and he is now once again a member of the Philadelphia Flyers organization. Adam Foot, new head coach of the Vancouver Canucks a break and then we're gonna have that Max Sassin interview we talked about Abbotsford Canucks Center Vancouver Canucks prospect Abbotsford Game one against the Colorado Eagles in their third round HL playoff series. It takes place Friday in Absford. Maxis next Donnie Dolly to the team.
Speaker 2: On check Donnie and Dollie.
Speaker 5: The team is supported by Ableauctions dot CA Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 4: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca dot sales at a b l E Auctions dot ca. Adam Foot is the new head coach of the Vancouver Canucks. Leads to our wattling dog poll question. Visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs, The Dog, where you can enjoy twenty taps, twenty screens. You're home for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today, Rick.
Speaker 4: All right, right, get her up the waddling dog pup pole question. Is Adam Foot the right choice for the Canucks new head coach? You got the job by this morning? Fifty eight percent say no, He's not the right choice. Forty two percent say yes. Seventeen hundred votes. That's hopping, it's bopping, and it is not stopping.
Speaker 3: And Rick Hackett hired as the new head coach in Philadelphia. I want to say this too. We've been referring to hockey dB and other websites regarding Adam Foot's coaching experience. John Shannon made a point he did work before the job in Colonade as a defensive consultant defensive coach with the Colorado Avalanche. That's not listed on his Hockey dB PAG. I don't know if it was a situation. We'll figure it out somewhere down the road. Sergey gonchar Point came in every one. I guess he was living in Denver and came in every once in a while to work with the defense. But for some reason it's not listed on every information website. So we'll look into that. So maybe more experience than we gave them credit for absolutely earlier. Okay, we want to get to this Max Sassin interview that we did before the show. Recorded it before the show. Abbotsford Canucks Center had thirty two points at forty one regular season games, as five points in seven playoff games in the HL playoffs. Had twenty nine games with the Vancouver Canucks, three goals for assist seven points. Max and the Abbotsford Canucks playing game one of their third round best of five American Hockey League series against Colorado. It starts Friday at the Abbotsford Center. Game two is Sunday, and then they head down to Colorado for games three and if necessary four, and five again. Max joined us for a recording before the show, and we started the interview off asking Max this that their last game was Friday. Yeah, but the time Friday comes around, if my calculations are correct, that would be a week between between games, so seven days between games, and we asked Max to start. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? You know?
Speaker 8: I think it's in between. We're we're definitely gearing up and we're really excited for the game. But you know, playoff hockey, there's some bumps and bruises and stuff, so some guys to get some rest is good. But yeah, I think we wanted to keep this thing, uh rolling. We find probably wanted to play the next night. So we're excited for Friday and we're getting we're getting ready ready to go.
Speaker 3: You went to playoff series Max with what are the reasons for all the success so far?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think we just uh, you know, we we have a lot of belief in our group. Uh, you know, all the cliches, but uh, I think we have a really good deep forward group. I think we have really solid back end. And then uh, obviously when arder Se Lofts is playing like this, you know, it seems like it's it's pretty tough to score out him right now, which is which is great for us. And he's playing with a lot of confidence in that swagger and uh, you know, we're gonna need to for him to continue it as we keep going.
Speaker 4: Uh, you got some looks with the Canucks this season, playing with the big league club. How close are you in your mind to becoming an NHL regular? Max?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I'm Uh, I think I'm very close. Uh you know, I think I had some success and uh, you know, some areas to improve on, and I think finding the consistency of you know, playing at my top level every single night, well hopefully hopefully get me there next season. Obviously right now I'm focused on is is our playoffs? But uh yeah, obviously looking down the down the road, Uh you know, the consistency and uh you know, maybe beefing up a little bit and uh working on working on my face offs. I think, you know, I'm right there and I'll be knocking on the door for a for a spot.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Coming out of college. Uh, you had a ton of teams after you, Like I'm we're talking, you know, multiple multiple teams. Why did you pick Vancouver and are you happy with that decision?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I did have quite a few teams, and I just think the the conversations that I had with with Patrick and uh r J and Scott Young over that the course of that season, I think really suade me to coming here. And uh yeah, I'm very happy, uh with the decision. You know, I love the the organization as a whole, and uh you know, it's been great and they've given me a lot of opportunity and hopefully uh keep going and yeah, as you said, find uh find a regular spot in the roster hopefully next year. And yeah, I'm definitely happy with the decision.
Speaker 3: We'll talk with Max Assassin Abbatsford Canucks, getting back to what happened this year for you at the NHL level twenty nine games. What was your number one takeaway? Max? Jumping that level?
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, I think, uh, you know, I was used to uh college HL. You know, the schedule is pretty much we play Friday Saturday. So I think a big adjustment, uh for myself and all of us that came up was uh, you know, playing every other day and uh you know, like focusing on like each game every other day. It's uh it's a lot mentally obviously, the the physical side it's you know, I mean it's faster. You know, you make a mistake and guys are going to make you pay all that stuff. But I think the hardest thing for me was uh, you know, adjusting to you know, learning how to like recover better in between and you know, using that day off to just not even think about hockey, and uh you know, it's a whole other beast playing every other day and the travels harder. So you know, I think I, uh I started to get better with that as uh as it went on there, and uh yeah, I think I've I took a lot away and learned, uh you know, how to probably have my mindset in a better place, plan every other night, and my body as well.
Speaker 3: You mentioned beef, the possibility of beefing up a bit, putting on some more muscle. Have you had time at all to think about what's going to happen in the in the off season. I believe you're an RFA for instance.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, I mean I haven't h No, I haven't had much time to uh to think about that, you know, or I haven't had any conversations, but uh yeah, I I assume, I hope hopefully they want me back. I'd love to be back, and uh yeah, obviously that's a conversation for down the road and uh you know, I'm just gonna continue to put my best foot forward here for habits for in the playoffs and uh you know it's that's conversation my agent, myself and Patrick lab after the season.
Speaker 3: I got to say, Max, before we let you go, one hell of a playoff beard. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: This is this thing, This thing is getting long.
Speaker 3: Who's got the best beard? Uh?
Speaker 8: Phil Deep, He's pretty good. Uh Jujar, I'd like to I'll put myself in the category.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this uh, this.
Speaker 8: Thing's getting thick, which is obviously it's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Hey Max, we butchered your name when when you got called up by the Canucks.
Speaker 3: Give us the real, the real deal.
Speaker 8: My dad claims that you got that you were the one that got it right and I did. I think so? You said yeah, but honestly, I and then Shorty uh he was saying that one game sessan and then my family was like, but we like sass and too when so my hockey I'm gonna go by if I meet you out in the street, I'll say Cessan and then if uh yeah, if you're watching a game, I told the broadcaster just say Sassin, so you actually have it right. But honestly I liked that my name's being thrown around like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, yeah, Sassin. We're gonna go Assassin just cause it's easiest for us. Okay, the last work for us, the better. That's the way it goes.
Speaker 8: Yes, all that's good to be.
Speaker 3: And our thanks to Max Assassin. We recorded that interview and we had to do some editing of that interview because we at one point we asked him about Manny Mahultra and what he'd be like as an NHL head coach with the Vancouver Canucks.
Speaker 4: And he had great answer too.
Speaker 1: He loves many.
Speaker 3: He really did, he really did. But our thanks to Max again. Abs for Game one against Colorado Friday in Abbitsford. You've got some business.
Speaker 4: Absolutely check out the largest selection of sports memorabilia, autographed items, trading cards, collectible games in Western Canada pastime sports.
Speaker 3: This Sunday, Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: In Langley, NHL Legends Mike Madanna with THEO Fleury in store signing. Look at that beautiful details on this event, upcoming signings and card drops available at pastime sports dot Ca or on there uh social channels.
Speaker 3: We're a little bit behind, so we'll save the laptop portion of this segment formorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Uh. DTMZ is next a little bit of a different version of DTMZ because of today's news with Adam Foot being hired as head coach of the Canuction where Talk had hired his head coach at the Philadelphia Flyers. Argelaney's okay, tiring, Langley and alder Grove inbox is hopping, is popping, It's not stopping. So we'll get to some early is it just me's? Maybe I do some birthdays in the DTMZ segment and the is it just Me segment after that. Thanks for tuning in, folks. Donnie Dolly the team on check Love Golf, but Hate the Rain.
Speaker 4: Hideout Golf is now open, located in the Sands Hotel on Davy Street.
Speaker 3: Hideout Golf.
Speaker 1: If you're new go to golf simulator bar.
Speaker 4: Perfect for everything from casual rounds to competitive play.
Speaker 3: Hideout Golf has an exclusive offer for Donnie and Dolly listeners get twenty five percent off simulator. Time for your first booking. Just use the promo code Dad Dad twenty five. That's Dad Dad twenty five.
Speaker 4: Ready to t up your next night out? Book now at a hideout golf dots eight day. It's eleven thirty five on a Wednesday morning, Donnie Doll you on check TV. No time for DTMs brought to you by the world famous Wissler Golf Club. Go see big Al out there. Great track, Great track.
Speaker 3: DTMs brought to you by the Arnold Palmer Designs. The golf club now open for the twenty twenty five season. Tea times can be booked online now for any time during the twenty twenty five campaign. And if you've got a group of twelve or more, ask us about our Donnie and Dolly midweek group specials at Worcester off dot Com Forward slash groups get some Is it just me's here? Because like I say, a lot of people want to take part. I want to have their say. And today's hiring of Adam Foot by the Bank or of Connections stunty, like coach Rick, what do you got? I got?
Speaker 4: Where is the Coquitlam Joe Let's hope Foot ask for more muscle on the team, Donny, I like this one from Coquitlam Joe. Uh. I'm surprised Coquitlam Joe didn't say is a foot going to ask for more Canadians because the Cannucks only have two Canadians on the roster. But anyways, more muscle would be nice, Donnie. Get some guys, especially in the top six. I'm not saying bottom six. I think there they got some good haft in the bottom six, but I think in the top six, Donnie, they need some size and sandpaper in the top six.
Speaker 3: What they need in the top six is for Eleias Patterson to get his game going.
Speaker 4: What forget that, that's the child the four can figure that out, don He's.
Speaker 3: Got a So more important is to get hard scale.
Speaker 1: That's very captain obvious by you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we said that you the obvious, that's what you would say.
Speaker 3: Well, because you guys are worried about being too hard on Eleas Petterson.
Speaker 1: No, it's just that's so obvious. You could say that about anything right now. If somebody said, you know the connection with they improve that need to improve you know their fourth line, you go, well, first of all, they need to.
Speaker 3: Approve because because I think We're at a point now where it's been brought up so much that people almost forget about it, like they're just like, well, it's not it's never gonna happen. I bother talking about. I'm just saying that the number one thing they need in their top six is their top center iceman to get his activity.
Speaker 4: They also need more heart scale in the top six because that guy that had heart scale they traded J. T.
Speaker 3: Miller and you were all for that.
Speaker 4: And by the way, Adam Foot, you know what, Peterson could make a break foot next you're done? Uh kiss, but he could prove But hey, he needs to get back to his hundred one season.
Speaker 1: He can make or break foot. Hey, guys, the Canucks news has not stopped. Oh they announced moments ago Tom Willander three year contract.
Speaker 3: Oh Tom is done.
Speaker 1: So it's just all coming up.
Speaker 3: What do you know about this?
Speaker 4: I talked to his advisor this morning from Sweden.
Speaker 1: That worked out.
Speaker 4: Well, well that was a few hours ago at five this morning. But he certainly didn't. This happened very quick, very very quick.
Speaker 1: No it didn't. Well, okay, maybe today. Yeah, you've been dragging on for weeks. Oh god, it's been had good quick or not? This happened quick, he told me yesterday. The other day there was till miles apart. So here, here's what I'm thinking. Here's what I'm thinking. This is just you know the way I think.
Speaker 3: Here we go, try to try to stay with me here.
Speaker 1: I'm not Yeah, okay, the Adam Foot news, I think, are you listening here? Stuff?
Speaker 3: Let me go, Let me go. The Adam Foot news can be looked at by a lot of people as negative news. Think a lot of people. We've seen it in our inbox today that people are like, what I'm here? So Tom Vlander getting him signed, I think most people would agree is positive news. Yeah, So trying to smooth customers the only route I'm saying, the only right shot defensemen in the last fifteen years, they've taken the first thing with me Reck.
Speaker 1: So you think they kept this in the top drawer of the desk, had it in the holster, and so when the when a negative story came out, they went, let's give this to that.
Speaker 3: I think under normal circumstances. I know you've been a member of the media for you know, fifty years, and I understand that, but under normal circumstances you would say that news for maybe a day or two later if you if you felt.
Speaker 4: Why are they dropping this on the Adam I just told you you're reigning on Adam puts Pery.
Speaker 3: Or what embarracy theory? What if Derek erk is giving me the thumbs up?
Speaker 1: But what if foot said I'll only be the head coach if you signed Tom Allen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure that was this. I mean, you want to go because spars here. This happened. Hold on a sec. This happened real quick, real quick, because when I talked to the advisor in Sweden this morning of five, Todd Diamond, Todd Diamond, good guy.
Speaker 1: You won't be the better guy. No, you won't.
Speaker 3: Apparently he's not that good of a guy. I can't give you the scoop.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you. He's telling me. This happened quick. It didn't happen at five this morning. He was talking to teams from Sweden U for next year. Come on, Donny, this happened quick. Somebody bucked up, stepped up, and that's what happens in negotiations.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, conspiracy theory number three. They signed agree, they signed Adam foot Right. What did you guys say he's not gonna make what talking me? Suddenly there's extra money lying around the Canucks offices. Todd Diamond, come on down.
Speaker 3: So if they signed a more expensive coach, they wouldn't have signed Tom Vylander, risking his future with the organizations, just saying my conspiracy theory blows years away.
Speaker 1: We gotta think. We gotta take a break away over time. No birthdays. Unfortunately it's I prepared those birthdays for months ago. Yeah, all right, a break more?
Speaker 3: Is it just me? Did we doing?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Here? I think we did one? We did one again? Head spinning, need to save.
Speaker 1: It's too much the Canucks, they never think of us DN. Look, look when all this stuff's happened, I will say, they're bucking the trend of news. After our show today, two massive items in our show that rarely happens.
Speaker 3: Somebody's gonna get fired over this more? Is it just Me's next? Donnie Delly the team? I check It's Outlander plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicle days at Surrey Knitsubishi.
Speaker 4: This month get up to eight thousand, five hundred off their most popular all wheel drive suv, the Outlander plug In Hybrid.
Speaker 3: The Outlander plug in Hybrid is whisper quiet, fuel efficient, lets you drive electric or gas and can fit seven passengers in three rows.
Speaker 4: Of seating, cruise pass traffic and h OV lanes even when driving solo, and again save up to eight thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 9: Visit Surrey Mitsubishi at one three eight two oh one hundred and fourth Avenue and Surrey or online at Surrey Mitsubishi dot C A offer ends May thirty first. Okay, just before we get into score, is it just me some information regarding Tom Vlander. He signs a three year entry level deal contract he will not play in Abbotsford at these playoffs.
Speaker 4: I just don't say that yet. I think they're working on it, so I don't have confirmation on that. I think there. It just happened so quick. Here has come from the agent who didn't get talking. I'm texting the agent, Todd.
Speaker 1: The press release from the Canucks is worded weirdly. Yeah, I know, what does it say? Well, it says that they look forward to seeing him in September at training camp.
Speaker 3: Okay, that could mean Vancouver looks for it, but maybe he'll be an atmosphere.
Speaker 4: I'm working on it, not there yet, But I do know Donnie very importantly, eight hundred thousand on a one bonuses. The fight was all over the number eight. The Caducks wouldn't go to eight. They finally got to eight. It happened really quickly here in the last hour. And it's a great feel good story.
Speaker 3: As you said, so now you agree with me.
Speaker 4: I'm one hundred percent with you. So the fight was over a bonuses. Really stupid to fight two months over a bonuses. He wasn't asking for the max. The max is a million. They settled on eight. He was in the mid high eight. Canucks were way lower than that. They bumped up to eight. Got it done, boom pipe and smoked.
Speaker 3: And maybe tomorrow, because we won't have time today, we can run the clip on the old clip of Jim Rutherford saying he expects him to play in the NHL.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's a very important right side, right side, very important piece on, very important piece for the future of the Vancouver Canucks. Signed today. Good move both sides. They had dug in their heels. They got her done in the last hour.
Speaker 3: So let's recap Philadelphia Flyers earlier today signing Rick Hackett as their new head coach, as was speculated in some circles. Moments later, Adam Foot Rick Hacket's buddy new head coach of the Vancouver Canucks. There was some negative reaction to that. As a result, the Canucks, this is my theory, decided to come up some positive news and they signed Tom Vyliner to a three year entry level contract. Pipe smoke, smoke it.
Speaker 4: Look, there's thirteen minutes left don in the show. I expect the Canucks to now announce something new to screw us up even more.
Speaker 3: Petterson traded, Oh what they've decided not to put it into the seats at Rogers.
Speaker 4: Donnie would love that if eleven six was traded.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm the only person who you two are the most and don Die Nanaimo, you three of the worst Pederson haters around. You're upset with me because I said the number one item that in terms of the Top six improving itself is to get Elias Petterson back to being Eliz Petterson. Well that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Take No, it's just captain. Which is why you would say if Rick or I said that. Now, if we said, if Rick said, you know, more than anything else, they need to get Peterson back on track. You would go, wow, thanks for.
Speaker 3: That, because it hasn't been brought up because people are assuming that his career is over, that he's just gonna this is what we saw this past season is what we're gonna. Nobody's talking about it, and I've rehashed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you do say captain obvious to me a lot?
Speaker 3: So I don't win a lot. I'll say something you've taken over calling Peterson eleven six from me. I have called that for a long.
Speaker 4: I'm not calling him eleven six anymore, Dwight.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Just a prediction? Rick Hackett will win a Cup with Philadelphia before the Canucks do.
Speaker 4: That's a good But I'll tell you he ain't winning you next year, boy, I'll tell you that much. That team hasn't made the play. Okay, well, Donnie, they haven't going captain obvious there. Hey, I'm sorry it's sitting there. How about if they have a good July first and they get a goaltender done and Philly and Philly, how about if they how did they turn it around? You never know?
Speaker 3: What do you got?
Speaker 4: Why is this team making decisions for just one player? Of decisions are made for the team, no name on the submission and a great submission. If we find out that the Canucks signed Foot just for Quinn Hughes, it.
Speaker 3: Has to be part of it, though, does it.
Speaker 4: It has to be you gotta keep whether you like it or not. We have a franchise defenseman for the first time in over fifty.
Speaker 3: YEI that stop.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about boy, you've never used we before. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: The Canucks have a franchise defense for the first time in fifty years. You got to bend over backwards to try.
Speaker 3: And keep that guy, Donny, I said, pardon?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Kevin and Kelowna. If Foot brings us, Gavin McKenna, would you consider the season a success?
Speaker 4: Well, that kid's medicine at last night beats Polkane six nothing, Game three the Western Hockey League Final.
Speaker 3: Are you getting with Kevin's I'm getting at.
Speaker 4: Do you understand you have to go to the bottom of the third boom boom boom, so you want the Canucks at the.
Speaker 3: Bottom though they don't necessarily they can pull an island his situation.
Speaker 1: Can I say, after what happened to Utah the other night in the NBA Draft the lottery and they've never moved up. I think they've only moved down.
Speaker 3: That the conducts of the NBA.
Speaker 1: It drove home to me the Vancouver Canucks will never win. They could have the best odds and it would There's no way they are ever winning the draft lottery. Okay, it's not happening. In my mind. It's bout that, Derek.
Speaker 3: It's not happening.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you right now.
Speaker 3: But the point is if he's if he ends up being a poor choice, they played poorly, but they get Canna.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well have fun. You want the Canucks to go all the way down to thirty second.
Speaker 1: In the league.
Speaker 3: I'm a rebuilt guy.
Speaker 4: I know you are. If the coaches last season couldn't get Peedie going, it's going to be another waste of eleven put six for the next few years with Adam Foote. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and over again. Caprice from Couch and Valley, Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, I just read what are you talking? I read? I read the submission.
Speaker 3: Right, I thought, maybe we're gonna build on it. No, David from Surrey, I'll give you this. I know behind here. This is a very good submission. Is it just me or didn't Edmonton hire Knoblock as a way to appease but David and that's that's worked up. Boy, Edmonton looks good.
Speaker 4: That was Zoi jel coach, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah with Eerie. Well Jeff Jackson there too, right, well, Jeff Jackson was his ag agent.
Speaker 3: Is yeah yeah, yeah, Okay, a break will wrap up the show. And what a show it's been. In the poll question next, Donian Delight the team. The Waddling Dog Pub has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one of Victoria's favorite watering holes. With twenty TVs, twenty local and domestic taps, and over two hundred seats, The Wabbling Dog has something for everyone, including every Canucks game, UFC pay per views, and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to six. The Dog is your one stop shop, with its attached cold beer and wine store offering up hundreds of local and important products, as well as an extensive inventory of Donnie and Dolly merchandise. Their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antique style furnishings and modern amenities, and only ten minutes from the airport and ferry terminal, there are countless reasons to come, sit and stay at the Waddling Dog. Rick Talcket in Philadelphia. Adam Foot, head coach of the Vancouver Canucks Tom Vlander, a three year entry level contract with the Vancouver Hockey Club that leads to our waddling Dog poll question.
Speaker 1: Dog pull Rick all right, Ryan, get her up?
Speaker 4: The Waddling Dog pup pop question is Outam Foot The right chory, says the Canucks new head coach. Fifty eight percent say no, but forty two percent say yes, almost two thousand votes. It's top and it's pop and it's not stopping.
Speaker 1: Boy oh boy, but a lot of people don't like it. Donnie.
Speaker 3: I thought there would be more more negative reaction than this. I honestly did. I don't know his lady, but I thought it would be even more so. There's no shortage of people out there, relatively speaking, who feel the Canucks made the right choice.
Speaker 4: And Adam Foot, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, absolutely, I'm surprised that so many people are saying no.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, we've got some time for is it just me Okay, Is it just me? New s Nick agree with this? Is it just maybe you guys need a three hour show with all the news that came out and Connak Glant today time to take some of Judge Judy's time. You don't even know what shouf. I thought it was Hot Bench that full of us? Or is it the news night Court? I think it's night Court, Night Court. It's not night Court.
Speaker 1: Night Court was good. I think Hot Bench is before us, Judge Judy is after us. I think we're surrounded by daytime judge shows. Yeah, I think I think so. I should really know that.
Speaker 3: All of them do way better than we do. What do you got?
Speaker 4: Look at this? Foot was the correct choice? Stability still overseas the defense. Hire Manny is an assistant, great move. Bradon Langley likes the move.
Speaker 3: No shortage of people who feel that the best move would to lock down Manny as your Abbotsford or your farm club's number one farm clubs them can coach for a significant period of time, but maybe other teams will be interested in hiring him. I would say is a hot commodity given habbits for success? Jeez from Surrey? Is it just me but not sure, who's happier today, Adam Foot? You guys, since the big news broke before the show versus after, We've talked a lot about that in that usually in the connection, we figured that they're out to get us, right, Oh that Uly when they break big news, it's after we're off the air.
Speaker 4: And this said the Landers signing Donnie that the two seconds later they announced that stop your whining. The Canucks signing Foot is to start. Jeremiah, Uh, it's a start. Maybe he thinks whoever that is that thinks would being too negative about.
Speaker 3: The positive start. Trevor and Ladner. Rick didn't know about the Vielanders signing because he hasn't read his tea leaves yet? What's that referred to?
Speaker 4: Because I told him to read the tea leaves Trevor, he texted us in okay, just okay. He said, oh, how do you know Hughes? They signed Foot for Hughes And I said, we'll read the tea leaves. So he came back with tea leaves at me any negative response? Yeah, and our shun and people email the worst and no chure the worst people text in he answers everything. We get ripped a lot and I understand no human being is liked by everybody. I get that, but man, we get ripped a lot.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks so much for tuning in, folks. Busy, busy day. I'm sure tomorrow will be much well, I can't be much the same, but it will be interesting. On behalf of Ryan, on behalf of Derek who backed me earlier, and I thank him for that. On behalf of Rick who didn't. I'm done. Thanks for watching, folks. You're up to date in the world of sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donni and Dolly podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dolly for all the latest show content.