Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna share a version of this story because I just I started laughing, just started laughing when it was said to me, so good morning. And I guess if you listen to the show, you probably realize that next week I am, I'm headed to Ashville and we're gonna be Now we're broadcasting on Ashville because we have an iHeart location in Ashville, so it's not just about Ashville, but it's about western North Carolina. And I got this idea months ago where I said, you know what, I'm talking to friends of mine, I'm talking to listeners, I'm talking to different people, and one of their driving concerns is they every year as a family, this time of the year, right between Memorial Day and Labor Day, which is official to a North Carolina vacation season, they you know, they do a mountain trip, they go to Banner Elk, or they go to Ashville, or they go to a want to Noah or Grandfather or Sparta or ash County or whatever it is. Right and following what happened with Hurricane, you know, Hurricane Helen, are we going to be able to do that this year? And that's a debt. Look that's a death nail for people trying to get back on their feet out there, whatever it is. And so I said, I told our management. I said, I'm going to go to Western North Carolina and I'm going to broadcast a whole week out there. Right. That was? That was It's literally my idea, right not. I don't mean that in a smug way, but I just mean that, like nobody within management knew that that was the thing that I wanted to do. And they tend to let Ross and I do most of the things that we want to do because we do a good job for them, and we'll leave it at that. So I'm setting all this up. I'm getting it all ready, and on Saturday, I have to go to iHeart Charlotte, right our our radio cluster there, and then I am off to Asheville, just because I got to pick up equipment and stuff for the broadcast. But you don't need to know that, all right. So I'm talking to somebody in Ashville yesterday and I'm like, yeah, so i'll be up Saturday or I'm gonna I'm gonna have dinner with some folks that I know up there, and I'll be up Saturday. And this is literally literally the statement that said, as you know, my concern on Saturday is Randy Wayingarten's group. Yes, the Teachers' Union lady has organized something called the No King, No Kings something stupid whatever, right, And it's just that I hate Trump rally and they're doing it like all across the US a bunch of different cities. Now I don't know what the turnout's going to be. I saw some rallies yesterday where like five people showed up looking at you downtown Raleigh, and so I don't know, but like the thing that makes me go is that Charlotte and Ashville and Raleigh and you know, the Triad are all on this list. And the last thing that I want to deal with when I'm just trying to get to Ashville on Saturday is moonbats. Like I don't want to deal with your crap. And so it was kind of left unsaid. And somebody said to me yesterday and I had to I had to not start laughing, was oh, yeah, so when you come into town, just so you know, they're having like a party downtown or something. So at the hotel I'm staying at, which is the Hey at Parks it's a very nice hotel right downtown. Uh, and there there are sponsor for this uh, this event just full disclosure. There is like right downtown. It's you know where it is Ross It's it's the hotel I was staying at when the giant homeless person attacked me with their cigarette. It's literally that one. But they said, I think there's a party downtown, and I'm just like, I don't think that counts as a party. Have you seen the party footage out of Los Angeles? Right, because you've been dubbing in audio, you've seen some of that party footage now you have seen tons of it. Yeah. Yeah, it looks like a good party. So they're gonna have like a big party downtown when you're there. Huh.
Speaker 2: I get maybe it's for me, I don't know, hippies and masks with bear mace or something like, it's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 1: How do you party? Do you not party with hippies and masks with bear mace? I mean, I don't know, I don't know. I just let's just start laughing. You might want to bring like an actual mace. Oh that's a good point. Yeah, what's it imbued with? Should I go with cold acid, fire, holy on a mace. Let me just tell you, man, Yeah, it's gonna like a faith build Yeah yeah, yeah. So it's a party downtown. Uh, which I here's the weird part. I'm actually excited. I like, I dude, one of my favorite things ever was running with the protesters, you know, like it's Pamploma and the bulls, like because they're just such lunatics. Man. Well, and it's crazy because you have like a personally, a perfectly reasonable person and if it's too if it's out of control, there will be the moment when the reasonable person meaning like we have different political ideas whatever, where they where they go the hell did I show up to? Because they see they see the people around them acting like, you know, criminals, lunatics. So super I don't want the party in Charlotte because I just got to get in there, grab what I need and you know, head head to Ashville. So I don't want to deal with that. But like ash Ashville party might be fun. I don't know. I mean, it's not gonna be fun and that anyone's reasonable and a lot of people just get very annoyed by it. But like the stuff, they'll tell you is is wild, although nowadays you have too many, too many people out there try to trigger them for video, so I think they're probably a little more hostile. But we'll see. I'll report back to you. But it's not a party. It's it's not a party. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 2: It's like so funny, like it's like a street festival or like a fast market or something.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh yeah, go down. All they got to do. They got all the breweries are going to be there. It's a it's a you do tastings and stuff. Oh no, it's and it's Asheville. So guaranteed some lunatics will roll out. Now I can't decide if I want it to be the younger I actually I know I can't decide. I want it to be the younger lunatics, not the AARP meeting that for whatever reason, these anti Trump protests have turned into. But I will find out. We'll find out. But that's next week, so just hold on for that. You know what it is, you know what it is. It's going to be exuberance, That's what it'll be. It'll be. And I have to remember this, Nancy Pelosi schooled me. In fact, let me let me have Nancy Pelosi school all of you.
Speaker 3: When and I say this as a former party two, when there is a gathering, a large gathering of people, the anarchists see it as an opportunity and they move in. So always have to be careful whether you see a burned car or broken window or whatever it is. It may be the exuberance of the moment, but it may be the anarchist setting in. I heard one of the former police chiefs of Los Angeles speak about this on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Ross have you have? Have you ever exhubed so hard that your car caught fire? You know, I'm thinking about it. I don't think so. You've never exubed? Is that hard? I'm no, I don't think I have. Okay, maybe I'm gonna try it hard enough. Yeah, well you're not partied enough. I think that's that's what's going on here. So all right. So Nancy Pelosi, who, by the way, you don't even have to mess with her audio anymore to make her sound like something's going on right. By the way, she she made a trade yesterday, just killed it at the stock market. I followed that Pelosi tracker. They have a Pelosi investment Tracker account. You should follow that anyway. So, yeah, it might be a crime, but it might just be the exuberance of the moment. And if you exube too hard, your car will burst into flames. Its gonna be a lot of exuber inso Nashville, that's what I heard. Well, and Charlotte and Raleigh and the Triad, Yeah, they're exhubing all over the state. Man, you better be ready. And as you know, a vehicle that is wrapped as a media vehicle is not literally a target. So at least you don't have Rush Limbaugh's big head on it. Well, I don't know, because I'm gonna grab one of the Charlotte vehicles and might drive that up because I need a larger suv, And so I don't know how it's wrapped. To be cross with you. It could be Rush Limbaugh's head. And then I end up like you in the MLK day parade over in Durham, harassing people who march with the King. So, and for those who don't know this story, or Ross and our former program director had our station vehicle in the MLK eight parade over in Durham and it didn't go. Well, Yeah, that was the old rap that had like Rush Limba's big head on it. It was the van. It wasn't even the suv with yeah, yeah, yeah, it was. It was the van. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think and I think it was just Rush Limbaugh. I don't think like it was Handedy or Beck or anything. Maybe it was maybe they're like tying.
Speaker 1: Or remember what we had on that. So but it didn't matter at that point. The message is out there and uh, you're driving or Brian's driving. No, I was driving, and Brian was throwing candy out the window in people's faces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like you said, the MLK Junior parade. And so he's throwing candy out and it hits some old guy right in the face, leg in the face, and the crowd turns on the van and they were already kind of like, you know, weird with the van anyway, right right, yeah, you know, because the Originallymba's big head is like being you know, driven down Durham whatever. So it hits this old guy in the head and you can just see like a switch in his head, you know, and he just goes, I must wait the king and they picked up their candy off the ground. And start throwing it at the van in the side of the van. It sounds like it's getting hit with hail.
Speaker 1: It's a poor gunshot.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, Brian's just like go, go, go like that, and he's like ducking under the window because the candy starts flying into the van to hitting the van.
Speaker 1: And I hadn't done it. We just leave the parade. Yeah, we got home celebrated enough. Mark, He's like, you're home early. How'd it go? Yeah? Did you tell her about the party? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was so much exuberance at the time. Yeah, I was overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: We had to leave it one more time. Nancy tell us.
Speaker 3: Again when and I say this as a former party chair, when there is a gathering, a large gathering of people, the anarchists see it as an opportunity and they move in.
Speaker 1: By the way, I will say this, that is that might be one of the most that part right there might be one of the most honest things I've ever heard her say, because she's not inaccurate.
Speaker 2: I was thinking the same thing, and she actually sounds pretty coherent compared to pass cuts, especially compared to like what you're saying, like Maxim Waters yesterday at least Nancy Pelosi. She seems like she's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'll give you that. In fact, put the Maxine door slam audio up. I'll probably play that again. So she's right, right, because looks as funny as it is to go. You know, it's just a bunch of criminals gathering. A lot of people come out there. They don't have the intention of I don't know, threatening to murder a woman with her babies. Well they throw bottles at her like that's but you know, you get swept up in the moment because the exuberance. And she's right, you have a core group of people who utilize this to carry out they're much more vibe form of protest and for whatever reason, like trying to get a Democrat to admit that has not been easy, so I will give her credit for that. However, this is where we go off.
Speaker 3: The rails, so always have to be careful whether you see a burned car or broken window or whatever it is. It may be the exuberance of the moment, but it may be the anarchist setting in. I heard one of the former police chiefs of Los Angeles speak about this on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, great, So that's where we go off the rails because she's like, it may be anarch, it may be criminals, or it may just be the exuberance of the moment. And I'm like, the first one's correct, what the hell is the second one. Cars don't just spontaneously combust when people are exuberant, like, somebody's gotta light that. Somebody's got to make the decision that we're gonna to light this thing on fire. Unless there's very rare occasions where a car will actually catch fire when you don't mean it to, depending on what kind of engine you have. Uh, there's a thing that diesel engines can do where they start cycling and they can't stop, and you got it. The trick is you got to cut off oxygen to them where it will it will just perpetually turn into a thing where the engine literally converst into flames. It's a it's a very rare thing. And if you don't drive a diesel, you don't have to worry about it. And frankly, if you drive a modern diesel, you really don't have to worry about it. But you've got to get old diesel engine, specifically an old diesel tractor engine, it can start spinning wildly out of control, and at that point, again you have to you gotta cut oxygen. It's called a right, you called a runaway. But diesel people know what I'm talking about. So the engine essentially, the engine will continue to cycle and the RPMs will build and you're not giving it any fuel. And there's a lot of issues contamination of the fuel. It could be an intake issue, but it's so rare that almost nobody will deal with this in their lifetime. I have had to deal with it with a tractor, and if you throw a rag over the air intake, it'll it'll solve itself. Right. If it can't get oxygen in there, that's it. But Nancy Pelosi doesn't know this. It's not a thing that she's ever had to deal with, so she won't have to worry about it. So while the first part is reasonable that you got to watch out because ne'er do wells will get in there and then they'll start doing crimes and stuff, the second parts arguably insane because exuberance has never burned. Twenty two way mos or whatever the number was that they came up with yesterday. Okay, all right, So there you go. Now we all learned about diesel runaways. Very exciting. That's what this show is education, and we'll be back. Apparently there's a pee Wee Herman documentary. It's two parts. It's on HBO Max. So that's it. It's called pee Wee as himself. And well, I shouldn't say it's a peeweeedy, it's a Paul Rubins documentary, right, because that's who Peewee is and pee Wee is one of these first This is so in the wheelhouse of my childhood and Ross's childhood because it's just the age and easily pee Wee's Big Adventure was probably one of the i'll say top ten most watched and rewatched movies of my childhood. Uh yeah, I would rank it easily one of the top you know, five movies to Camp was a couple of the earnest movies. Pee Wee's Big Adventure watched them one hundred times as a kid. It's no question. So the document the documentary's pretty good, is what Ross is saying. Yeah, but you only watched half of it, right, You watched first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we watched the first episode. Yep, we've learned we've learned a lot about Paul Rubins. Yeah, would you learn I don't want to spoil anything.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, no. The so the pee Wee's Big Adventure, This is a fascinating story. So they didn't think the movie was going to do anything.
Speaker 2: No, they thought it was going to bomb. They released it in like you know, three Cities and Opening Night. But he got the support of MTV and you know, celebrities and stuff that have known him. It's crazy how he came up with the character, how he sort of and you see.
Speaker 1: This a lot of people don't know if Phil Hartman was kind of his writing partner. Yeah, they were friends at the Groundlings. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So they talk about how they came up with the concept of the idea. The idea like it was gonna be completely different movie. He wanted to be like a there was this movie with Hayley Mills called Pollyanna. Yeah, he wanted it to be like a male version of that, where like pee Wee gets oh no, gets injured and he loses the ability to walk and it was dies and he like comes dark, yeah, and he like rehabilitates and becomes a better person. And while they're writing this movie. They're really struggling writing this movie. Him and Phil Hartman. There was another guy too, I don't remember his name, sorry, guy on the lot of Warner Brothers at the time. Everybody's riding bikes back and forth like to where it was just a thing they did. Yeah, yeah, and it was pissed off because he didn't have his own bike. And one day he opened the door to where they were writing the movie and outside was you know, it was the bike, but it was like an orange version of the bike from the movie. Okay, and you know it said to pee Wee Herman and he said, from there the movie just came to him, like the movie just pours, and.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it worked.
Speaker 2: And you can probably relate to this. Sometimes in like a creative field, when you have a good idea, it just sort of happens. Yes, it's best not but if you sit down try to force an idea, it's not gonna be as good as the idea just sort of like comes to you and you hear like musicians say this too, like the song just came out of me, Like the lyrics just came out of me, and like they wrote the movie like super fast once they realized what it was.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean to make this all about us, but the stuff that you guys probably think is the funniest we do on the show, Ross and I don't. We don't pre create it. I don't know how to describe it. Like it just it just vibes, man. So just so that's what Ross is talking. It just vibes. You just realize this is funny and we're gonna keep going with They wanted the Gimes. It works sometimes it don't, so they wanted to give him a different director. He chose Tim Burton. It was Tim Burton's first movie, but it cost it that worked out for him.
Speaker 2: It cost them six million dollars to make that movie and it ended up grossing like forty two million or something like forty seven for I just looked.
Speaker 1: It up, so this is just the US gross. It ended up grossing forty one million during its initial theatrical run on a six million dollar budget. So yeah, pretty obviously nowadays movies are stupid.
Speaker 2: But but it's also one of these things where like he created a character and like an you know, alter ego, this persona that he sort.
Speaker 1: Of got, like.
Speaker 2: You know, he created no, no, no, no, but he was trashed in the character that he created that made him gave him the fame exactly.
Speaker 1: That's the thing, look, Ernest p. Warrel, yep, right, that's and and by the way, it doesn't sound like he appreciated that very.
Speaker 2: Much, but he was saying that, you know, like with the movie with Pee Wee's Big Adventure, he was kind of upset that he didn't get like the credit he deserved because he wrote the movie with Phil Hartman, and he said on you know, it said pee Wee her you know when. So the credits start rolling and it says, because he made pee Wee Herman as if pee Wee Herman was a real character, It's like performance are like Andy Kaufman, right, like, this is a real guy. His name is pee Wee and that's who I am. And I don't do I don't I don't do interviews as Paul Rubins, right.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 2: So the credits are rolling and it says pee Wee Herman as himself, and then it says who wrote the movie and it says, you know, Phil Hartman, Paul Rubins and the other guy that I can't remember. I'm sorry, And guy's listening like a pistop at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's cash and checks. He's fine. But he realized like people didn't know who Paul Rubins was, Like they didn't know that he wrote the movie. No, I think really, I think people picked up on his name with the theater incident, which is unfortunate. Right, That's when everything sort of like came to light, Right, Yeah, yeah, what's crazy about a character too or an actor like this? Pee wee Herman went to And I didn't know this was a thing until I went to school in California, and you know, now you're in the college culture there. Some people talk about it. So when when we think of like famous acting schools, what's the one in New York that everybody knows Julliard Julliard? Right, Oh, this this person went to Julliard. Pee Wee Herman essentially went to Juilliard. He went to what's called cal Arts, which is like it's if you don't go to Juilliard and you're a famous actor, you probably went to cal Arts. But like famous dramatic actor.
Speaker 2: And because he went there and he like everything is unfit. There's so much early footage of him that he tried keep keeping hidden for a long time, like different roles he was in and a lot of the reasons he was trying to keep that hidden is spoiler beginning of the movie. You know, if you don't know the history of Paul Rubins and Super Gay. Oh yeah ye, so a lot of these role like he was a straight up like drag queen like most of the early Dad doesn't.
Speaker 1: Work in eighties nineties kids television.
Speaker 2: But he decided along the way that he was going to become pee wee Herman, and he had to completely separate himself from you know, you know, if his sexuality was public, he believed that his career wouldn't have had the trajectory that it had. He might yeah right, it's probably right. Yeah, So, I mean he had to hide, Like he said, he was trapped in this persona like I'm pee wee Herman now all the time I was.
Speaker 1: And this is going back to Ernest and some of this others. It's like, it's got to be frustrating because you want more latitude to be creative. But I bet those checks were nice, you know what I'm saying. Ernest also went to Juilliard. People don't you go to Juilliard colts, No, Earnest. Yeah, this is this is the point that I'm making. So like you see that and you think of the silliness of the characters, right or the kids focus, But then you realize like they were doing they were doing Shakespeare for their mid terms.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: There was a photo of Paul Rubins in a in a play or whatever, or in a performance at school as Jesus on the Cross, as Jesus in the play. Yeah, that's not something that I thought i'd ever see.
Speaker 1: No, that's it.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: This is why I always find it fascinating. And we talk about, well this this really goofy actor went to Juilliard or went to CalArts. Yeah, or there's a school in London, I can't remember the name of it. Which you are like hardcore acting dramatic. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember like seeing a video of a you know, Jimfarni r Ernest right, yeah, playing it was like Hamlet or Macbeth or something.
Speaker 1: Holding the skull.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look some people embrace it. Dan Whitney, who might so the guy used to host a radio show that was literally his roommate when they were starting out in comedy. If you don't know who Dan Whitney is I promise you do. His name is Larry the Cable Guy, which was a small part of his act where he pretended to be the cable guy. So you have this comedian his name is Dan Whitney. He's doing his you know, he's trying to cut it, he's trying to figure it out. And then so as part of a forty five minute set, he's got five minutes where he pretends to be this cable guy character. Now he's Dan the Cable Guy. Yeah, it's done right, that's it to go up.
Speaker 2: And Paul Rumans just embraced it. He's like, I'm not gonna try to be serious actor anymore. I Am going to be pee Wee Herman. And he said one of his biggest heroes was Andy Warhol because of you know, the performance art sort of thing. And that's and he said one of the biggest, most surreal moments of his life is he was performing this Too Dio tour before he filmed Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Even wrote it, and one of the people that showed up to watch it was Andy Warhol. He's just like, you know, he wants to have this conversation with Andy, like Hey, I'm a performance artist too. You know, I'm not really pee I'm Paul Rubins, but like he's pee Wee. Yeah, I made the decision. I'm just going to be pee Wee, and I'm going to be the best pee Wee I can be, and it's going to be real successful.
Speaker 1: Hold on, somebody send me an email. I it was pee Wee a child per No, I don't. That was not part of it. Somebody just send me an email. I don't. I don't remember any kids stuff with pee Wee. No, there's nothing about that. No, he went to he literally went to an adult He went to a porn theater and there was an incident, which is still really questionable. You know, you probably. I'm just saying like people would remember, no, remember when that happened.
Speaker 2: When they hit the news, it was like it was imagine like you know Captain Kangaroo where mister Rogers gets caught at a CD movie theater.
Speaker 1: It was like, wow, he had the incident with mister green jeans. So it was a little before a time. Yeah, No, it was a dude. The idea that a kid's a kid's television show star was at a theater with his pants down, dude. You couldn't write a more eighties nineties sensational story, you know what I'm saying. I remember that.
Speaker 2: I remember that happening, and it was like such a shocking thing because kids loved Pee Wee Herman. Every kid did the Pee Wee Herman dance and loved that movie and watched that movie a million times. And then he disappeared after that like you didn't hear anything because it was a huge scandal, right, And the next time I remember him popping up was in the movie blow At Johnny Depp where he played like the the Dealer, but he was in there credited as Paul Rubins. He was in that movie is Paul Rubins, And it's the first time I saw him not as pee Wee Herman.
Speaker 1: It was shocking. It was like, this is the real guy. What's the mister green Jeans? And so see guy? All right? So Hugh Branham I think was the actor's name of playing mister Green Jean. So it wasn't true. But the when he died, he died of natural causes. Just if we're jumping the way back machine, so he died of he was on Captain Kangaroo mister Green. He died of natural causes, and it turned into this rumor that he killed himself, which he didn't, but yet that was I remember being taught that he killed himself. He didn't kill himself. He just he was in his seventies. He just died. It happens. And and then that turned into a thing and there you know, there's been other stuff like that where remember the remember the thing with the Blues Clues guy where they're like, oh, he's doing Heroin.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, and he was just tired of filming in front of a blue screen and he was like, I feel like I'm living in a swimming pool.
Speaker 1: I need to leave. Yeah. So, but it's the idea that like, for whatever reason, if it's a kid show, we like make up the worst version of what happened. Some guy in his seventies just dies of natural causes, which again, it happens, man, it happens. But they're like, ah, right, murdered, he killed himself. Or the Blues Clues he's on Heroin banging hookers bh bah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it was like.
Speaker 1: And it's like that guys just burnt out, man, just leave them alone. Oh jeez. All right, So anyway, so you recommend the all of this to say you recommend the I mean, if you grew up loving Pee Wee herman, you should probably watch it, but just be aware. Wait, hold on, does you find his bike or you know what. I don't want to spoil it. I don't want to spoil man. I gotta know, I gotta know. All right, I'm putting that on the list for the weekend. They'll give me something to do while the party's going on outside. So weird waited oh to say that. All right, coming up on the show, out, let me do this. We'll hit a break. I'll give you a run down here in just a moment. We have we have the congressman today, right we should yeah, yeah, okay, all right, so uh we will. We'll be chatting with Congressman Brad Not that'll be coming up at eighth five. Lots to get to hang out. Listeners have co signed your recommendation here. They watched the peewee thing and they thought it was pretty good. So just checking my email here, Oh somebody's oh wait, hold on, somebody's upset because I said banging. Okay, all right, well, what what do you want me to say? Carousing with ladies of the evening. I mean I'm trying to I'm trying to explain a narrative that people understand. So I'm sorry I use the term hookers. Whatever you're offended by, I should have said hookers and blow. You're absolutely right, that's wrong. People. Man, Oh, do you tune into the show for niceties or do you tune in because you want to be entertained? Are you not entertained?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not gonna lie though. The beginning, Like watching the beginning of that Paul Rubens documentary, I was a little like surprised, like like you said, so.
Speaker 1: Just no, just just in in the sheer gayness of Paul Rubens, right.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, it's it's out there, like you know, they're not going to hide anything, and this is like, what is it? What is I guess I always knew he was gay, So it's so funny because you know, I don't care, but it's some one of those things like in retrospect you look back and you're like, well, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, did you see how nice that suit was? Clearly gay? What is wrong? But it was such a surprise at the time, like it was a scandal when he was like, what are you talking about? Yeah, because we're eleven, right, right, right, we're eleven or whatever. That When did that movie come out? Hold on, I think it came out nineteen eighty eight maybe, yeah, I got it. I hold out here in front of me. Uh eighty No, it came out in eighty five. Wow, I had no idea. Yeah, so you me or five or whatever. Yeah, I don't know. It was good. I just we've talked about this on the show. Large Marge was the most terrifying thing in my childhood up to that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a it's like a Tim Burton moment now that you go back and look at it, right, Yeah, it's so like, wow, you know clay mation when her face transforms driving that eighteen that's hor terrifying. After yeah, terrifying as a kid.
Speaker 1: I I remember that it literally turned into like it cost me sleep. I played it for Lincoln because and and so it gets how old was he? It was like like a year or two years ago. Oh, so I'm playing it for him and we get to the large March scene and I'm so excited. I'm so excited, so I'm not even looking at the screen. I'm looking at him with my eyes open and like, because you're scared, ready to go, ready to go where? And he thought it was the funniest thing on the planet.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: He just bursts out into laughter and he watched it over and over again. I'm like, no, you're supposed to be scared, terrified. You gotta have buddy weird, you know, I mean, this was daddy's this was daddy's death.
Speaker 1: And he's just like, he's like, ah, it's so funny. They're just like they're like Vietnam vets. Now it's just the crap. They can access us just a thousand yards stare on your kid? What a what a better time when the large march thing could be the worst thing in your life? You know, it's weird too, ross. I saw the Senator Bud posted a picture he flew on Air Force one yesterday. He was I think he was on Air Force one when we did the interview. Did you hear how his audio sounded a little weird yet what a jerk? And he didn't mention it. I don't know if he was technically on, but I saw the timeline of when there was some pictures posted on social media. I think he might have been on Air Force one. How do you not say anything nice? I want you to go steal something for me that says air Force one on it. That's what it was. He knew i'd put him, I'd try to put him up to something. So, dude, if I let me just explain Ross, if you're on air Force one and you're calling people, are you leaving that out? No, it's the first thing I'm saying, Hi from Air Force one. You're not gonna believe where I am right now? Yeah? Wait, hold on, let me hit a button. Ah, look at that. Oh I just duke something right, or you know, whatever you do when you're on Air Force one. I don't know. I've never been on Air Force one. I have been in Trump's plane. I will say that on the ground he led some journalists up on his plane, so I have peered inside Trump Force one. That being said, dude, if I'm on Air Force one, I'm calling everybody. I'm not video calling everybody because like they're not gonna believe it. Oh, sure you are. No, I'm on Air Force one. So next time we have him on, remind me to chastise him. But anyway, so they so Trump was down at Fort Bragg. We've got the big missile parade coming up this weekend. I'm calling it missile parade, even though there's probably no missiles. And let me just say this one. I want to throw the phone number anyone who was at the Trump thing that's listening from Brag. I'd love to get your impression. So eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four Where yet, if you were on BRAG yesterday and you went to the Trump event, love your first person how that went. Here's what I realized. You all must have hated Biden, bro Like watching the reaction to Trump just doing all of his stuff yesterday and watching our soldiers react to Trump, like you can just tell when people are vibing. You must have hated Biden, and all of it is, oh, we're going to change the name and no like that. That must have just stuck in your craw And I am so sorry for that, because you're out here doing a job which may include you literally given your life for this country and you had to deal with with Joe Biden. Trump was an absolute rock star yesterday, absolute rock star. Listen to this for a little breaking news.
Speaker 7: We are also going to be restoring the names to Fort Pickett, Fort Hood, Fort Gordon, Fort Brooker, Fort Polk, Fort.
Speaker 1: Ab Hill, and Ford Robert E.
Speaker 7: Lee.
Speaker 1: We won a lot of battles out of those forts. It's no time to change. And then Trump at the end, do we not. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't send it to you, dude. There's also at the end he starts doing the dance. So he's playing the you know, he's playing the music and he's doing the Trump dance with the arms out to the side, and the troops are losing it. Man, they're losing it. They love this guy, Pete Haig Seth. He's talking about, you know, lethality, and it's it's an applause line.
Speaker 6: So at the Defense Department, we're doing three critical things at his direction. Number one, we're restoring the warrior ethos. We're getting back to basics, standards, accountability, readiness, training, war fighting, lethality.
Speaker 1: We're not a college or a university. We're not interested in.
Speaker 6: Your woke garbage and your political correctness.
Speaker 1: Listen to them. They got no time for that. Having to sit there with Joe Biden rambling and then falling off stage or whatever the hell. I don't know that he spoke at brag, but the fact that he wouldn't acknowledge it as brag but rather vove for liberty.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: No, those soldiers on Brag yesterday, they love these guys. I'm sure there's one or two who doesn't. But for the most part, like that's the mindset, man, And this is this is why it's so important. And just to be abundantly clear, I never served in the military, so I'm only this is why I invite you guys to call in and tell me if I'm wrong. But like, just the vibe there, just the mindset that you have to have. I got a lot of friends who did. I got a lot of family members who did. Served and literally served entire careers of the military. I've told you my cousin did twenty He ended up doing like twenty six years or something because he kept getting talked into it. He retired at the highest rank achievable for an enlisted member of the Army all right, commands was a command sergeant major. I probably apologized, I'm screwing this up. Like he gave his life to the military and the mindset of people like my cousin and and and friends of mine, whether it's Marines or air Force or whatever. It is, right, it's it's it's it's clear that the very same mindset that they operate on a day to day basis is not a Joe Biden mindset. Donald Trump dancing they were going berserk, man. But I am curious if any of our listeners, and I'm sure there are some eight eight eight nine three four. Oh good, okay, we got some folks here a right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four just the clips I saw looked the electric yesterday. And I'm so happy for you guys, because I can't imagine signing a contract saying that I can essentially be cannon fodder and then having to do that for a guy who disrespects me. So I'm so happy for our listeners down at Bragg or Le June or you know, Seymour or wherever you're working for. A dude who seems to respect you will give you the acknowledgment that you're deserved. I love that for you. Yeah, Hey, Greg, what's up?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 1: How are you okay? See, I'm good, sir. So you were at the You're at the big Shindy yesterday. How'd that go?
Speaker 8: It was phenomenal. I'm not military, My dad was a marine and I loved Trump attended it and uh last minute signed up and walking through. There was plenty of security, of course, but the flyover in the beginning, watching two helicopters come in, you weren't sure which one was on President Trump was riding on, but you got to come in.
Speaker 1: Hold on, sir, you're telling me he rolled in on a helo.
Speaker 8: Uh no, what I can't think of what they call it, uh, Air Force two or whatever the helicopter is they flying on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marine one one.
Speaker 8: There were actually two of them, so you really didn't know which one.
Speaker 1: He was on, right, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, there's actually I think there's four of them total, but yeah, yeah, they fly multiples for yeah.
Speaker 8: And then when they right and say he was coming out, they did a fly over. There was like maybe I would say seven or eight apache seven eight black Hawks and two Chinooks flying him one by one.
Speaker 5: Behind each other.
Speaker 8: It was phenomenal. And uh, I think that the military presidence and not and then other people like the wives and kids. It was it was just a phenomena show. They had all kinds of weaponry out there that they use a combat battle. And Uh, the one thing that I think, the one thing that I loved that they said was President Trump announced that if we can waste money the way we waste money, that he's going to give the military a raise. And it went berserk when they did that.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it was not going to be a fan of that, all right, Greg with the exactly appreciate that. Look at that Ross. If you run for president and you win, you can go everywhere on Earwolf, so as it should be.
Speaker 2: I I was looking for the audio, can't find it because you were talking about, you know how what was it like when Biden was there, like the difference, and I was thinking about the day after the election, or maybe it was the day of Ye then the first results came in. Do you remember the audio we had? And I think we played it live on here, So I can't find it in the system where it was the Military academy and they said the loud speakers that Trump had won, and the entire place erupts. Yeah, because it's because it's at night, so they're doing the announcement. Well, they're all you know they're all bunked up, right, and they say over the loud speaker, the winner of the election is you know, Donald J. Trump, and they they go crazy, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was, it was it was the Army cat it was Yes, it was West Point. Yeah, I remember that absolutely. Yeah, big fans of that. So Joe Sett good morning, what's up?
Speaker 9: Good morning. I was there yesterday as well. I was not on the base when when Air Force one flew in, so I got to see that that flew over exactly where I was, which is always amazing to see that, right, It was great, and Trump is amazing. He is such an amazing speaker. We got to see they had on the screens when the paratroopers were jumping, so we got to see that, and I mean that was unreal just to see all. I think I don't remember. I think he said it was like six hundred that jumped. I think you got something like that in his speech.
Speaker 1: That's that's what Bragg's there for, is paratroopers.
Speaker 9: It was amazing. And then the only thing that I was a little disappointed in was the energy. The energy was it what I thought it was? I mean, it was hot and we were all like melting out there. But I still don't think it was that. And I don't know if it was because I was expecting the energy that I saw on TV whenever I watched his rallies when he was running, and this was a completely.
Speaker 1: Different dynamic too, obviously, right right, that's that's your boss where versus howe it is, that's you know, that's the president there. So I don't take anything away. Yeah, I saw people that were happy that heg seth and Trump, oh yeah, and like the mindset and that's that's what I want for people who signed up to serve this country.
Speaker 9: And I got to tell you that, yeah, the the the for the civilians that were on there, there was quite a variety of different ethnicities. So when the media tries to say that, you know, there are certain ethnicities that you know are anti Trump, there was a variety of folks they are. So that was that was really nice to see as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they saw the video and that's you know, that is the military. The military is not a homogeneous group of white people. And I saw folks of all shades that were dancing around when he was dancing and cheering and yeah, and so I thought it was great. All right, Joset, thank you so much for the call this morning.
Speaker 3: Be that.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's what I want for our military because God knows what we're going to ask of them. I hope we don't have to ask anything of them, but if we do, you want it to be somebody who they that they like that they'll follow into battle. Not really obviously Trump's not going to battle, and go ahead and make your bone spurs joke. I don't care. My point is that I did not see that enthusiasm with Biden and and and people with in the military that I talked to were genuinely concerned with what they saw going on with all the DEI stuff and everything there. Like they couldn't they couldn't understand how this is helping them complete whatever their mission is, right, And the recruitment numbers showed that correct. Yes, yeah, people who were of a military mindset went nah, nah, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 2: The whole focus on we need Dee in the military to me is like super weird anyway, because like this is you're talking about the ultimate meritocracy, right.
Speaker 1: And everyone look with all of its bruises and blemishes. I understand that I've talked to enough military people that being said, you're right, it is merit, right, And of course what does your CEO think of you is what matters within the military, right.
Speaker 2: And of course there's gonna be like politics involved when it comes to you know, and everything there is, but like the top military brass and that kind of stuff. But you know, it's the sense everybody is an equal footing. You get off the bus right right, they're gonna scream at you, They're gonna shave your head, and on and on and on. I mean everybody is treated the same, that's the point, right, and they all and the end result is you're turning out, you know, one of the most badass killing machines on the planet to defend the country.
Speaker 1: That not one of the the yes, yeah, the the this whole Russ and I have a discussion before the show whereas people are trying to reshape World War two. You've probably seen this like, oh, Russia won World War two.
Speaker 2: Right, because Trump was saying that yesterday. You know, if it was you'd always speak in German. And you see these people from Europe on social media and they're like, you know, why do Americans say that they didn't win the war. The Soviet Union won the war. I'm like, I don't know, counterpoint, we did yeah, two and oh undefeated world wars.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But and here's the thing, And not to diminish the job that Russia did, but you know, they throw out will Russia suffered the most casualties, Yes, but like eighty percent of them are on Russian soil, right, defen, I'm not taking away and the fact that Russia had at that secondary front so that we could move through Europe was wildly important. But what did Russia do about Japan? What do they do?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: The first thing we did we conquered Japan is we made a point to Russia wanted Japan, I don't know, or they wanted the North Islands, and we literally were like, no, you can't. By the way we did the thing. That's why we're here. Who the hell are you? You could go ahead fact check me, go ahead and look this stuff up. I'm a huge nerd on this stuff. So I don't want to diminish the fact that Russia absolutely helped win the war, but you weren't winning that thing without us. That's it. I'm pausing for dramatic effect. That's it. US doesn't show up. You don't win that war, not in the way that we understand it today. Right. And if it wasn't for if they weren't speaking German, they'd be speaking Russian. Right, Yeah, Russia, Russia's big thing after the wars. They wanted to gobble up a lot of this stuff and turn it into Russia.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: And you know, the US had decided after what happened with World War One, and you know, this is when we first had the idea that this is when nation building kind of turned into a thing. But we looked and we realized that after World War One, because we had so thoroughly humiliated the Germans, which was the main motivator for Hitler. I don't know if you guys know this. That was the thing that stuck in his craw that we had to do things a little different. That's why we were the top allied commander US US US US US. So take a victory lap. We'll be back. I'm going to need you. Can you do an educated guess? Because I can't. It's it's paywolled, so I can't see the results. So we'll have to guess. All right, you ready, do Americans. This is from News and Observer. Do Americans support or oppose Ice? Here's what a poll found amid LA protesters, So if you had to, we don't know the results because again it's paywolled. Actually let me click see.
Speaker 2: Right, So I'm gonna I guess the guy with the ski mask on the motorcycle holding the Mexican flag while everything burns behind him like a Michael Bay Yeah, yes, does not support ICE. Oh wow, Okay, However, I'm gonna say the average person outside of LA does.
Speaker 1: Well. Remember this was a poll of protests, right. I just thought i'd throw the second part out there. Yeah yeah, okay, that's like it's like going to a comic conomy being like, is sci fi cool? What do you think?
Speaker 6: Er?
Speaker 1: What do you think of manga?
Speaker 2: It's like the pole we had from NPR talking about or what was it the member they oh, they don't want to cut public funding for right?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, yeah, No, VPR did a poll about whether PBS should be right, Yeah, Overwhelmingly they did not think PBS should be cut, by the way, shocking in that pole there, but no, no, no, this is worse because it's not it's not who's doing the poll. It's who they're pulling, right, It's like it's like going to brag, yes, Sdaron, like do you like Trump? BurrH All right, hold on, hold on, oh no, oh no oh. I was able to get the dumbers. All right. What percentage of the protest Actually, I'm surprised by this. What percentage do you think has a negative opinion of ice among the LA protesters? Because you were shocked, I'm going to say, like fifty two eight? Oh wow, so but like so wait, hold on, so there's nineteen percent of the people burning things down like ice? Is that what I'm doing? You know what it is? It's the exuberance of the moment. Oh, that's a very good point. Thank you, Nancy, appreciate that. In case you guys didn't hear, here is Nancy Pelosi yesterday.
Speaker 3: When and I say this as a former party chair, when there is a gathering, a large gathering of people, anarchists see it as an opportunity and they moved in. So always have to be careful whether you see a burned car or broken window or whatever it is. It may be the exuberance of the moment, but it may be the anarchist setting in. I heard one of the former police chiefs of Los Angeles speak about this on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Right, So, for those of you who've never exzubed to the max, apparently if you exube hard enough, things burst into flames and sushi does your joints get looted? Did you see that? That was the weirdest thing. Yes, say, they looted a sushi restaurant. What what did you? What did you take? California rolls? Probably sushi is so good. Yeah, I have a California caro. Give me a fatty tuna all day, spicy fatty tune. Oh yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went through a gas station sushi phase for a while. Like if I stopped in and there were live yeah, I'm still here.
Speaker 1: Okay, good for you, man, You're probably probably nothing can kill you now.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is the first time I had sushi was gas station sushi. I was like, I'll try this out on and try sushi, and I was like, this is so good. And then somebody took me. I think it was a Randy. She took me to like an actual sushi place, and I was like Blue.
Speaker 1: Girl program director again, blew my mind. Yeah, Randy will always be the person who had to go. I literally had to go to the emergency room for do you remember do you remember her going away party? I do, yes? Okay, So we started it at Seaboard, right, one of the restaurants at Seaboard, I can remember which one it was, whatever, the seafood place was down there at the time, and then a bunch of us went to and Randy's a girl by the way, just so we're so we're clear here. So she was she was program director for the station that Ross used to work on, and she was headed to Florida. I still does she still? I kimember she still worked for the company. She worked for a different, different compan but she left. She's doing her own voice over now.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I always like so so somehow and I'm not sure exactly how it happened. I remember, this is the first time I met your wife too, And where did we go?
Speaker 6: Go?
Speaker 1: Ahead? Tell them the Foxy Lady. The Foxy Lady, which if you're listening to this and you're like, what is that? The Foxy Lady was a gentleman's club in a trailer, I'm going to repeat that it was a gentleman's club in a double wide trailer, so it was super classy. And there is a row of high stools as far away from the stage as you can go because everyone's weirded out because you're there with coworkers, right, And I don't even know how did we end up there, Like, I don't even know, but there was probably like fifteen of us that went over there. So there's these high stools that sat at the very back of the bar, and we're all kind of sitting on there talking to each other. We're having a good time whatever, and the dancers come over and they're like, you know, they're trying to get you to go get a private dance, and so this girl is like working the ropeline of all of us sitting there, and we're like, we're not we're not into it because we're all just talking to each other and it's a work thing whatever. And this dancer like hops up on the you know, it's like a high barstool, so it has like the foot rest thing there. So she hops up with her giant like plastic heels and I'm wearing sandals, don't judge, because I didn't know we were going here, and she hops up and she took she puts the heel of the plastic stripper shoe through the top of my foot. It drew blood, and whoever I was talking to was like, you might need a tetanus, Like we're in a double wide trailer. I need, so I want.
Speaker 10: I went.
Speaker 1: I ended up going to the urgent care over at the Duke Hospital there on wake Forest. And what was worse is when I explained to the I think it was a PA that I talked to what happened, she clearly told the rest of the medical staff, who thought it was hilarious. I was there, I was there. My injury was stripper heel through the top of my foot. Because like, way too many medical professionals came into my room to hear the story like it was. Arguably it was way too many, because that's you know, that's not normally what you get in that situation, because they're like triage and they're trying to figure out what everyone's doing, and I'm like, yeah, yeah, no, stripper heel injury. Yeah, yeah, that's what happens. They ended up giving me the tennis and they cleaned it up, but whatever, But yeah, I went. I went to the hospital for her going away party. And I had been Raleigh like five minutes, like it was. That was really early in the show history, you know, maybe maybe been a Raleigh for like a year tops, and now it's like fifteen. But yeah, yeah, so I I literally have a stripper heel scar on my foot. It's very faint, but it's a great story. So anyway, they pulled the protesters in Los Angeles and they all hate Ice. So that's that's the point there. And you would notice that if you watch the video. Of course, if you watch the videos, though, Brian Stilter will be mad at you. This is really important, So if you watch the videos, Brian Stelter has some advice for you.
Speaker 10: We all live on our phones these days, we're all scrolling through social media. You've got to be careful at a delicate moment like this to look at the time stams, look at the dates, look at when things are actually posted and if they're really from the situation they're purporting to be a lot of these algorithms are servicing hours old or even days old content. So you might be looking at a video of something wondering what's happening in LA it's actually from two days ago and that's you know, it only matters because it can give people a false impression of what's actually happening at a moment of unrest.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if you watch any of the videos and you see I don't know all the waymos on fire, which you need to remember is the Weymo fires are so two days ago.
Speaker 2: But it's just the complete irony of what he's saying there, Like he's talking about can you believe you know, on social media they're going to just replay old footage over and over and over and over again. Yeah, And you might think that, and then you have like, well what about January sixth, dude, or what about Like that's what you do?
Speaker 1: You literally do that.
Speaker 2: You'll speaking to you'll you'll play the same video on loop over and over again, and you'll bring in different experts saying the exact same thing. Right, twenty four to seven, you're literally on the twenty four seven you just describe yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he means the other guys, but the other guys. It's worse though, because there are always a few days behind social media. I never one thousand percent, man thousand.
Speaker 5: What is this?
Speaker 1: Oh all right? I got some good emails coming all right, Well, well we'll do this. We'll do phone calls and uh a few I got some more audio and then uh we'll talk to the congressman at eight o five. So uh, let's get raced agic from the weather channel here. Ye, what up? Are you doing? Much? All right? How are you you guys gonna sign that corner that the packers just released or are you guys just gonna let everyone throw on you this year? Oh, we'll just let everyone throw on us this year? Why not? Yeah, it's the Vikings plan.
Speaker 11: So well, I mean, is there really a shutdown corner in the NFL anymore?
Speaker 1: If he's healthy, Yes, but the problem is he's not healthy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's all it's all geared toward creating more offense. And I'm a defensive guy myself, but I'd rather see more defense at offense.
Speaker 1: But he been taking that helmet away. Yeah, in the in the five years or whatever he's going to Packers, he probably was like justin Jefferson's going in the Hall of Fame, and this guy really because we he just torched him twice a year. I appreciate that. But yeah, anyway, we'll see what's almost weatherwise as we know tomorrow the US Open starts.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, tomorrow the US Open, and yeah, things are going to be okay, maybe a little wet weather for Pittsburgh over the upcoming weekend, but it looks like it, uh maybe scattered around.
Speaker 1: Same thing on Friday. Green speeds at sixteen? Is that fast? Bro?
Speaker 5: What you know him?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 1: Listen, Alane, that's in sixteen is insane? I have no idea what that normal golf? You got a brush up, You've got a green speed of eleven or cook? Okay, I'm cooked at eleven. O. We went sixteen. Good for you. You ought to be entertained. We should. We should go out sometime. I'm a bad golfer. Bad me too. You and me both worse than you. I promise, I promise, well clearly because you don't know anything about not much at all.
Speaker 11: So you're supposed to hit the ball right, Yeah, Yeah, that's supposed to hit it straight.
Speaker 1: Check out. Oh it does not start on Yeah. But anyway, good golf day today, good outdoor day. No mention of rain.
Speaker 11: Yesterday actually had a couple of storms. They were isolated, as we expected. That produced a little wind and hail in the state, but there was only three of them. One came into Stanley County of some hale, so it was out there today, no low to mid eighties, probably everybody close to eighty five. Tonight in the sixties, and tomorrow afternoon just hitting miss storms mid to upper eighties, and then Friday will have a chance showers with thunderstorms continue. We get back into this kind of scattered clusters of storms from time to time coming in for Friday. In the upcoming weekend, especially during the afternoon hours, it's gonna be warm, humid, this boundary kind of meandering around, probably middle upper eighties, and with enough sunshine one of those days we could actually hit ninety degrees too.
Speaker 1: So it looks like we'll.
Speaker 11: Get back to some wet weather slowly today, no tomorrow maybe, and as we look ahead toward Friday in the upcoming weekend, a little better chance. But now not outlooked any day for any severe weather on Friday and tomorrow, just general kind of thunderstorms around, so not expecting damage you winter, hell, at least doesn't look like it at this time.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, we'll see you see what's up in an hour. Thank you, sir, appreciate it. Okay, all right, and it is seven forty eight. Hang on ipid fire these phone calls because we're gonna chat with the congressman here in the next segment. So everybody's got like a minute and a half, two minutes, let's do this thing. What's up, Hey, Anthony? How you doing? I'm no good?
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? Sir?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 5: So you're talking about the foxy Lady that At another time in my life, I used to live in Greensboro and down by the airport down there to Pimont Airport, there's a place called used to be a place called south Side Jars, and I think it used to be like a Taco bell or something because the DJ booth was the uh was the draft.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: It was a really small point.
Speaker 1: Our studios are now in High Point in Greensboro, but we used to be just south on the on the airport freeway there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I used to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to get off when you get off the exit there, there's like nine strip clubs or something over on the right side.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: We used to. We used to take care of your your studios there. Spoke to in down there and all your towers and stuff all the other.
Speaker 1: Oh cool cool, yeah, yeah, yeah, there's a place that uh.
Speaker 5: I think it's a Taco Bell some type of fast restaurant they have and also there no uh.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I mean, sir, don't be a perv. So, like you know, I'm always creeked out when they serve food anyway, but the fact that they might have chiloopas actually intrigues me. All right, thanks for the call there, Ross, you want to go to the former Taco Bell Strip club?
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I love things that used to be other things. Do you know how many buildings used to be pizza huts? Remember the old pizza hut buildings that are now like pawn shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can't hide it now. Everybody knows that was a pizza hut, like everybody absolutely. And that's when pizza hut was the bomb. Buffet pizza hut. Like, if you're young, you don't even know pizza hut.
Speaker 1: Buffet pizza hut back in the day. Was that was like that was going to dinner at the White House. You gotta you don't even understand when we were a kid, if we got to go to buffet pizza hut. Yes, buffet, Pizza Hut. Look it up, it's a thing. Mark, what's up readings?
Speaker 5: Hey? Yeah, yeah, I was telling Ross four seven. I didn't know you changed your name because it was a very energetic young lady. Stay tuned for the Casey Odea Show.
Speaker 1: What is it was?
Speaker 4: Oday?
Speaker 5: I'm wrong?
Speaker 1: What is going on? For those who don't know yesterday? We have this spot this hour of the case the Odeal Show is sponsored by wind Donation. Why just total disrespect man, And now you're telling but you're telling me it's something different.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, well I didn't hear the l I said it was just the Odea like I was saying. It might be AI reading it because they have a tendency to read all the vowels and pronounce them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well some we call a dub center. But all right, Wednesday, and you know it is so easy to prep a talk show in today's current environment. To help us slice some of these stories is Congressman Brad Nod who joins us, how you doing today, sir? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Kathy.
Speaker 1: It's good to be here.
Speaker 4: I hope that you're doing well.
Speaker 1: Well. I'm not in downto having lost singage lists so that probably that probably increases is help me understand something. And I add, we were chatting with your colleague, Senator Budd yesterday and I asked him the same question. Explained, explain to me your colleagues from the other side of the aisle their strategy in embracing what's going on in LA because I don't understand it. Man, this was like political suicide to me. But maybe you have some insights since you swimming it up there in DC.
Speaker 4: It's a great question, Katie, and I think that it's a it's a fairly uncomfortable truth to acknowledge. But I think many on the other side advocate and defend the mass migration into the country, and that's their entire political platform. I mean, you look at what Biden Harris did. They truly, this is not hyperbole. They truly fought to allow and to facilitate the mass migration into the country. You have Democrat mayor, you have Democrat governors all over the country, even some of North Carolina, to adopt this sanctuary mentality and sanctuary policy, and for them to to acknowledge it's a problem when undermined their entire platform and their entire goal politically and they just.
Speaker 1: But they just got clicked in a presidential election over this issue, right.
Speaker 4: Well, yes and no, I mean that that is that is true in the short term, but in the long term, we have another census coming up and apportionment counts illegal immigrants, and if you start to facilitate, you know, the mass removal of illegal immigrant criminals, that's what we're talking about here. The ICE officials wanted to remove people who are in custody in California, and that's what triggered these riots. It's outrageous and uh to to even facilitate that would potentially remove individuals who are going to be counted and a portion for electoral purposes in the Electoral College, the House of Representatives, the allocation of fadual resources, so on and so forth. And so yes, they got beat in this last election, but they are very much working towards trying to take back the House of Representatives, trying to take back the White House and the Senate. And if that happens, we're going to see exactly what Biden and Harris built for four years restart. And I think they're trying to play the long game here. There's no defense for it, it's dangerous, it's deranged, it hurts the country. But what they're doing defive logic, and there's only one explanation. They believe it will benefit them politically to have more illegal aliens in the country, and that's what they're fighting for.
Speaker 1: So, like, I'm always fascinated by the way that you all interact with each other up there with the cameras. Aren't on right?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: Where it's like, because I'm sure that there are people on the left side of the aisle that you probably count amongst as friends, right, or at least people that you feel you can have a conversation with.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: If the kid are so likely, will they privately admit that this is a doomed voyage or I mean, how does that work?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: It's one of those things, Kasey, where the party itself has drifted so far to the left that the Bill Clinton Democrat is an endangered species right the America first, the realist, the we need to protect American citizens, need to protect Americans pocketbooks, me to protect American budgets, death and all that stuff that is gone and right now the Democratic Party in public is anti Trump with everything that they have.
Speaker 5: If Trump is for it.
Speaker 4: They are viscerally against it. And that is actually fairly uniform. There's a real hatred across every every elected official and the Democratic side up here that that really really has a dane for President Trump. There are some who very much loads the fact that the Democratic Party has lurched so far to the left. I don't want to out them, so to.
Speaker 1: Speak, but there's something are probably in purple districts too, so.
Speaker 4: Well, yes and no, I mean there are some who come from blue districts who are very pro business, who have great histories with you know, whether it's family businesses or their own businesses, et cetera. And and they're they're very much you know, they're they're liberal in a classical sense. They're not leftists. But you look at Gavin Newsom, for instance, he knows better, but he is trying to to skate that line of catering to the radical left, which is now becoming the majority of the party, appealing to big money, you know, the tech industry and so forth, and chart of course to the White House. He is so politically ambitious. And he came out a few months ago, what did he say? He said, men and women's sports has no place in America.
Speaker 1: Well, he's already rightwa washing we're calling it.
Speaker 4: We're calling it already, He's already walking that back because it incensed the left. He made claims illegal immigrants should not be prioritized over American citizens or illegaland well, he's walking that back, and he is going to war. Literally, he is burning down his cities to protect those who are here illegally. And uh, it's unbelievably disheartening because it's a huge problem. And basically what we're seeing is unless the Republicans can lead, which is what we're doing, unless the Republicans can maintain power, it is going to be an open border boondoggle that will destroy this country. And the Democrats are they are committing themselves to the open border policies of Biden Harris and the places like Manhattan, the places like California, and it's very, very dangerous, and I wish they would change course. Just because you're anti illegal immigrant does not mean you're anti immigrant. They blur those minds to capslcate Republicans and it's not true.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Doug yet, Yeah, well, are you comfortable with the way that Trump's been handling this with the National Guard thing, right, you would think that I am eventually doing you know, the Lincoln suspending previous corps. I mean, it's just crazy. And then but also bringing in the war dogs for twenty nine palms. That's a thing, man, That's a wild thing. So are you comfortable with everything?
Speaker 4: I'll say this. You know, the left is scurrying right now because they don't have a winning message right now with Los Angeles, and they're saying that President Trump started this. Well, that is an absolute lie. That city was on fire before President Trump ever ever decided to send into National Guard. Their local leaders could have put this down their local leaders. If the local leaders in California mayor Basque governs and so on had handed over criminal illegals, those who are in their custody and here illegally, there would be no riots. It's outrage And when you just put yourself in the law abiding American citizens of Los Angeles who are losing businesses, losing cars, having their public safety threatened. It is the duty of the federal government when you have such such derelict officials in mayor baths and so forth, it's the duty to protect Americans and the California government top to bottom has abandoned Americans. And you know, I applaud President Trump. He is basically saying to the rest of the world, you cannot come here to pillage this country. You cannot come here outside of our laws. You cannot come here and walk all over the American people and the American generosity without consequences. And that's something that is offensive to Democrats apparently. And you know, if I were an American business owner in Los Angeles, I would be thanking the Lord that President Trump is protecting me in my country, because the local officials there are not.
Speaker 1: They looted a sushi shop, which I don't even understand what you think you're accomplishing there. I have seen video of both the President of Mexico and the governor of I'm trying to remember what this. I think it might be the state of Chihuahua, which is one of the states of Mexico, who are saying things like, you know, you know, go ahead and rally. I mean, they're encouraging people to gather and protest in the US. The governor guy, he said that we should build the wall, but based on the eighteen thirties map, which is crazy because in the eighteen thirties they were part of Spain. They weren't even their own country. But if you go to Mexico and attempt to protest as a US citizen, they instead to port you. It's literally in their constitution that foreign agents can't protest. So like this thing has gone international, man, and we're talking about taxing remittances and things like that, There's going to be some punishment for them.
Speaker 4: One thing that no one talked about is how the illegal immigrant population in the United States there are portions in it that are part of the most sophisticated criminal enterprises in the world, whether it's terrorism, narco trafficking, human traffing. These are sophisticated bodies. And those sophisticated bodies control various portions of South America, and they control various portions of the Mexican government. And one of the things that the Mexican government has turned a blind eye to is cartel activity in the United States. Why have they turned a blind eye to it? Why do they encourage it? Why are they now stepping.
Speaker 1: The second largest GDP remittances and moneys back from Mexican citizens is the second largest part of their GDP.
Speaker 4: Exactly, they are enriching themselves at our expense because of their own greed. They are selling your neighbors Heroin, sentinel, guns, fexlats, et cetera to make themselves money. And the Mexican government has supported it. And they won't say that explicitly, but they're turning a blind eye to it. And when you start to choke off the money, they get furious. And it has to stop. It absolutely has to stop. And President Trump is not going to tolerate that. It's been happening for years. When I was prosecuting organized crime, every one of the organized crime entities that we prosecute sent money overseas or to countries south of the border. Again, this is a pillaging effort of the American country and we have to stand together and stop it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And by the way, I would encourage people who just heard me say that it's the second largest part of money coming into Mexico as part of their GDP look that up. It's true. It goes agriculture and then moneies that flow in via remittances as well as out quote unquote outside business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who controlled most of the agriculture casey, I mean the car sales controlled much of that. I mean the car sales control. I don't want to say it's a full Marco state, but it's getting awfully closed. And when you start to like we're getting great attention them, that's that's what inflamed attentions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question, All right, let me let me hit on a couple other things that are not Los Angeles on fire, big beautiful bill? Do you think it's a big beautiful bill. The Senate's going to do what they're going to do. We talked with budd yesterday and obviously there's going to make some changes there. But clearly there is a divide based on the whole Trump elon thing that we saw. And I'm curious what you think of that. Are are you down with it? What do you want to see?
Speaker 4: I will I will say this, No one has claimed this bill is perfect. We have just a few seats in the House. One of the people in our house, in the House Republican Caucus, Casey, are representing districts that Kamala Harris won by five points. And when you have as a small margin, you know, if I were riding this bill alone and I was the only person who col decided it would look very different. But what we do have is a bill that is unbelievably profound in its conservative achievements. It is I disagree with Elon Musk that it is a spending bill. It is not a spending bill. The budget reconciliation process is something that has to be essentially a wash. We have cut, we have reallocated. The only thing that we are increasing the dollars for is border enforcement. Immigration enforcement, our ice officers, our border patrol, so on and so forth. That is the big boost. Law enforcement dollars is where we have increased money. But when you look at the broader picture here, it is an immigration bill, it is it is a an energy bill. We have gutted the ability of future administrations to to stop exploration, to stop natural gas development, to stop oral development. And it's taxes. If we do not pass this bill, there will be five trillion dollars of immediate and direct taxes levied on the American people.
Speaker 8: We can't have that.
Speaker 4: And it's not tax cut bill. We are keeping the rates the same. We are incentivizing reinvestment into our local communities, into our businesses. So it is taxes, it is energy, and it is it is immigration and these things. If the alternative to not passing this bill is drastic, it would be a recession or worse, there wouldn't be funding to protect the home land. Energy would would Energy costs will continue to skyrocket. And I'll say this very important point to mister Musk and anyone else who is listening. This is not the last reconciliation bill that we can achieve. We can start working right away on another one we have. You know, we we've made tremendous strides in this bill. We are we are saving a trillion six, minimum a trillion six over the next ten years. If we go forward and say we want to do another reconciliation bill, will we tighten up budgets further? You know what we can do just that. So all of this hysteria that this is a sellout, this is a spending that's that is not true. Do not listen to that. We are utilizing the levers. We have to achieve the most conservative results we can and the and the bill does. It has mendous components. Again, whether it's taxes, private sector investment, whatever it is, there are wonderful things there.
Speaker 1: The other criticism, let me just throw this at the other criticism here is you guys should make permanent more of the executive orders. The Trump's like, you know, why are we not solidifying the executive order stuff within this bill? So what do you say to that?
Speaker 4: Well, that's another That's another thing that has irritated me. There have been a lot of people who have said, like, they take the recisions, the recisions are the Doge cuts. Why are we not passing these things? Well, it's that has served as either a demonstration of ignorance or political opportunism. If it's political opportunism, shame on my colleagues. If it's ignorance, I can understand it. Because recisions packages have to originate from the White House. We cannot codify the the the Doge cuts unless we are sent those cuts in a legislative package by the White House. So, you know, Mike Johnson, let me shore the listeners to the Speaker of the House. He will sign and push for every cut that the White House sends us. They and their own prerogative, in their own calculus, have said, we are going to push reconciliation to prevent five trillion dollars in taxes and to secure our border.
Speaker 1: And our homeland.
Speaker 4: Once we get that ball moving, we will start to go through in earnest every week if we need to, with one recision package after the next one. And the first recision package will be voted on this week because the White House sent a sent it to us, I believe last Friday. So that's that's point number one in terms of the executive board. I'll do ten seconds. The executive orders we are going to we are gonna put them individually in statutes or they're probably fifty that are in the reconciliation package that we sent over to the Senate. So we're we're keeping track.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, and we'll see what the Senate looks like coming back on the main bill. All right, Congressman, I appreciate it this morning. We'll talk soon, okay, Thanks, Jakie, all right, and will be right back. Hang on.