Speaker 1: This is WBZ, Boston's news radio. We defining local news. If that took forever, didn't it. Friday is finally here, even in a holiday abbreviated week. So bring it in, Friday, Welcome back, and here we go. We're under clear skies at six o'clock this Friday morning. It is thirty four degrees in Boston. The News at six brought to us by your New England Toyota dealer, your hybrid all wheel drive headquarters. Thanks for being here today. I'm Jeff Brown. Yep, been there, done that.
Speaker 2: The red flag warning is an effect through sixth this evening.
Speaker 3: Clouds.
Speaker 2: Some sunshine this morning, then plenty of sunshine later today. Reezy and mild, live with the high of fifty seven.
Speaker 3: At is WBZ achi weather meteorologist Joe Lundberg. Where you get back to the sixties. Though this weekend, lawmakers on Capitol Hill continue to demand that the House Ethics Committee release its sexual misconduct and drug report on Florida Congressman Matt Gates, even though he has resigned to take the Attorney General's job. Gates resignation effectively ends the Ethics Committee's work, but critics say he left to avoid what is expected to be a damning report. Axios this morning reports that a meeting of the Ethics Committee to discuss the situation today has been canceled. Gates maintains his innocence. His new job would put him in charge of the Justice Department, which also investigated similar claims. The world continues to try to hammer out a greener future at the COP twenty nine summitt an Azerbaijan this week, but the officials may be banging their heads against a wall. A new report from the Climate Action Tracker finds despite promises of making green energy changes, most of the planet is not making any progress, and the lack of execution puts us on the path to blow past temperature guidelines set at the Paris Climate Accord. Experts say it's not that we aren't trying, but energy demand continues to increase faster than green energy initiatives are being rolled out. Fight Night for Iron Mike.
Speaker 4: How many people would choose to fight Mike Tyson? I think it's crazy, and yet Internet influencer Jake Paul has decided to do just that.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's only had a few fights on his belt.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like it's just We got to see.
Speaker 4: This exhibition bout tonight on Netflix, featuring two guys separated by more than twenty years in age.
Speaker 2: I think this is purely entertainment value.
Speaker 4: But that's what you know, that's what the boxing sport needs right now, needs to get anyone that can in front of the TV to.
Speaker 5: See what it's all about.
Speaker 4: Chris Foum, a WBZ Boston's news radio, turns out walking is getting very expensive for teachers in Beverly, Gloster and Marblehead.
Speaker 3: They continue to strike this morning as talks on better pay, better benefits, and better working conditions remain far apart. In all three communities, fifty thousand dollars fines are being imposed for refusing to go back to class in the first day, and only increase daily from there. Another chance to catch November's full beaver moon comes tonight wbzas Drew Mlholland, you see that overnight, it's this morning, you can see it. It's beautiful, right.
Speaker 2: You know what else?
Speaker 5: I think we're both north shore guys. I think with the wildfires that are still smoldering, you'd notice that kind of gave a different look to it.
Speaker 3: It did. It was a little bit of a hazy look, but also you could still smell the smoke exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're experts on this. We can paint these pictures for you. And this weekend, Jeffrey, another heavenly treat on the way with the peak of the leonid media showers. At its peak we could see up to fifteen meteors and away from the light, so that's pretty cool. Timing is everything, though. The peak is Sunday night when the moon is still almost full, and that lasts through December second.
Speaker 3: So it's lots too much going on. Quite a shit show. I can't handle this.
Speaker 2: Somebody clapping, clapping, I think.
Speaker 3: So we're in great shape once again. This morning. It's cold once again, thirty four here in the city. It's actually a couple of degrees warmer than it was this time yesterday. But you can hardly notice when temperatures are in this range. All right, So here's the deal. We've got a gusty breeze coming back at us today, low humidity once again, and dry brush. This is a recipe for a red flag warning, which is in effect for Massachusetts once again today and most of the state now more than two thirds of it considered in severe drought conditions and not a drop of rain insight either. But the weather is simply phenomenal, and it will be again today right around normal temperatures in the mid fifties for highs under a mix of sun and clouds. Weekend looks good too, with some sunshine both Tomorrow and Sunday. Daytime highs will get into the lower sixties, and that seems to be the long range trend as well. Right now in Boston, coming up on sunrise, we get to have a few clouds in the sky, but otherwise it's mainly clear. On a full moon morning, it is thirty four degrees in Boston six oh six. This Friday, X marks the spot in the blue clear sky.
Speaker 6: The day after the election, X experience its biggest loss of users since Elon Musk bought the platform in twenty twenty two. Many are leaving for other social sites like blue Sky and Threads. However, Kyle over here is not planning to join the mass X exodus. I play the say on it. I believe in free speech, and there's a reason we believe in my face. While over a million new users have signed up for blue Sky this past week alone, not everyone thinks it will really matter.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's going to make any difference media goals from media to media. So just because it's a new media doesn't mean it's going to be any different.
Speaker 6: Meta owned Threads says it has exceeded two hundred and seventy five million active users in the back bay. James Rojas, WBZ Boston's News.
Speaker 3: Radio, Get it together, people, Today is the day to get your act together in the kitchen. But WBC's j Willette this Morning tells us proceed at your own risk.
Speaker 7: You've avoided this forever, and today's the day. People. It's National clean out your fridge day if you dare. Who knows what's back there? Sour cream that's gone to sour, wilted greens. I'm sure you'll recognize some things, but other items may have taken on a life of their own. Today is the day to get in shape before family and friends fill it up again for the holidays. Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away. People, health experts say, clean and wipe down everything, shelves, walls, drawers, racks, and throw out expired items.
Speaker 3: Good luck.
Speaker 7: Jay will Lett, WBZ Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: See that the light at the end of this particularly dark tunnel turns out to be a Dunks.
Speaker 2: The former Beef and Ale restaurant in Stowe has been quietly rotting on the side of the road for sixteen years, but suddenly it's rotting loudly. We're doing the demo for the Dunkandonis. That's Lewis and you heard him right. He's turning it into a Duncan. Best news ever, So why is this such a big deal. Well, for that we go back in time. Two years there is no more Duck Donuts and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 2: And twenty twenty two, Stow lost both its Duncan locations, which made international news because of my video about it, featuring this local teenager named Elizabeth.
Speaker 7: There's nothing fun to do and Duncan Donuts was the one place where everyone likes to go.
Speaker 2: Well two years later, are you good? Good to see you get to tell her the good news.
Speaker 7: That's wild, that's actually amazing. Oh my gosh. Hopefully the Facebook moms will be happy.
Speaker 2: Now they are, they're saving our town. And still Nash Shearer, WVZ Boston's news right neum