Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. The American way to really zero in on these big, high profile crimes and try to figure it out. It's been a phenomena for a long time, right, whether it's COJ Simpson trial or any of these other examples. But this horrific execution, assassination, whatever you want to call it, of the United Healthcare CEO, the insurance industry CEO in New York, has captured the nation's attention. So I want to keep you up to the minute on that, and I know you're catching some headlines along the way, maybe deeper than that. I've got a little different take on the evidence that's popped up at this point.
Speaker 2: But let's do a quick review.
Speaker 1: Of that and then a few not blockbuster but interesting facts just in the last five minutes. Some people do see a connection between these wars and the healthcare industry itself exactly.
Speaker 3: There was a book written with a version of this about practices in the healthcare industry. This is if you go online you will see numerous blogs and articles with combinations slightly varied, but of these general three words as critical of the healthcare insurance industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the words of course denied, defend, deposed, the words reportedly written on the shell casings left at the scene. So first question is is that misdirection? Is that intentional misdirection to try to make authorities believe that the motive here was a denied insurance claim versus some other motive. So that's the first question. Could it be as simple as a denied insurance claim? Sure, but keep that misdirection possibility in mind. Some of the other facts that have popped up are been reported in the last few minutes. I should say, or had been in New York for ten days, staying at this youth hostile for apparently most of the time, where he roomed with two other males, but curiously wore a mask inside the hostile. Yeah, but I guess in New York that wouldn't raise any thoughts or concerns or anything. So those some of the other new clues out today. The biggest you already know of, right is the guy allowed full face photos of himself. So we talked yesterday on the show about how this person obviously wanted to be caught if he's still alive, because even the mask he was wearing at the time of the murder, you know, it was just half face. And so you know why, as a texture said yesterday, okay, why did he choose to do it outside rather than inside one of the odels? But why did he choose to do it outside? But why did he want to be identified? Why do you think he wanted to be identified? Was it because he wants to be known for this crime, that he has some cause, some agenda that he wants to speak to through social media that's already up once they identify him to the public, you know, if he's apprehended alive, you know, but clearly he wants to be identified, and if he's still alive, he wants to be caught. That's the way that he's acting. So what do you make of all that? Eight five five for zero five eight two five five the number? And does this have any broader effect? Obviously just absolutely tragic for the family dead two sons. As I understand, it doesn't have any broader effect if it is in fact, somebody who killed over a denied insurance claim. You know, then that really worries me. I mean, hey, listen, I spend pretty much every day of my professional life fighting insurance companies for injured people. But we've got to operate within the law, and that again, that's that's one of the greatest gifts the founders gave us a way to peacefully resolve our differences within the law in courtrooms, etc. Not resort to violence. That's a big reason why this country has made it so long and thrived is we have this non violent way to pursue grievances, and so.
Speaker 2: You know, this kind of thing.
Speaker 1: It just if that was the mode of an underline, I just think it's it's an assault on American stability. I'm not saying there's going to be a lot of copycats. I'd pray there are none, but it's an assault on American stability.
Speaker 2: Let's go to some text as well.
Speaker 1: I've got kind of an eclectic show today because it's an eclectic time in America. I think the overarching theme is let the celebration continue, because so many good things are happening since Trump won, But we haven't talked about heg Sas and that nomination. Yet today here's a little tape of Pete Hegseth on with Megan Kelly.
Speaker 4: But then come the flurry of allegations about your personal life. And I think it's admitted, at least in your divorce proceedings that you did cheat on your first two wives. You're on your third marriage to Jen, a former colleague of my own at Fox and yours too. And your hook up with this woman in Monterey happened when you were with Jen.
Speaker 2: So that's three right.
Speaker 4: And there are a lot of women at home and men who will be like, it's a no right, he's too much of a serial cheater, Like how can we put a guy in this position who's a serial cheater? So is that a fair characterization of you?
Speaker 1: I'm the kidding would have been it was a fair characterization of me before I truly was changed by Jen and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: And I mean that, I mean people cannot believe that if they don't want to, you know.
Speaker 1: Put me in that camp of people who unless something new and big comes out about hag Sets, I want to see him confirmed. And I'd love your take on this, He would not have been my first choice.
Speaker 2: But who would have been your first choice? Oh, it would have been DeSantis.
Speaker 1: If he wouldn't take it, I doubt very much you take it if in fact Trump moves off, heg seth, I hope it's disantus.
Speaker 2: But listen to Santas.
Speaker 1: He's been one of the greatest governors in history. Right he's going to be starting his public presidential campaign in two years that you know, blow the surface is operating already, so that would seem becoming Defense secretary would really seem to cramp his style on that. But hopefully he does it if Trump turns to him, just for the sake of America.
Speaker 2: But heg Seth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wouldn't have been my first choice. But you know, only could talked about Trump one.
Speaker 2: He's entitled to his people.
Speaker 1: And there's a bigger issue now in play because like with Kavanaugh, where the left just seeks these scalps, you know, political blood sport, and it's so hypocritical and it's so intellectually dishonest because look who they've been supporting along a man who is severely impaired each and every day in Joe Biden, and he's commander in chief and they actively support him every day. And so heg Seth has these failures. Who doesn't have some failures? Now, fair question. I mean as to whether somebody's trustworthy when they've cheated on three straight wives, that's a fair question. He's got an explanation that he found God and changed his life, and to me, that can be an enormously credible, credible you know, defense in that situation. Now somebody turns up some other evidence that shows, now I look at all this other stuff he's still doing. But right now, my hope is that he is confirmed for those reasons. Eight five for zero five A two five five The number takes d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for something to.
Speaker 1: Do tomorrow morning, it's unusual and extraordinarily cool, and I bet it will be an absolutely wonderful gathering tomorrow morning, ten thirty a m. At the corner of Kendrick Casteeleway, that's the old lucent boulevard in Plaza drive out in Highland's Ranch is going to be the official ceremony to honor one of Colorado's greatest heroes ever, Kendrick Castile And how great, how smart to change that name loocent drive to Kendrick Castile Way, and it's about time that we start honoring the people who should really be honored, right, I mean, you can't give you're new to the area. You can't get a much bigger hero than Kendrick Castillo, wonderful young man from great parents who knowingly lays down his life to save his entire classroom from being methodically executed. That was the plan of these killers. I've had the privilege of representing and missus Castile, and so you know, we did more than twenty depositions.
Speaker 2: We got everybody in the earth. We got a bunch of documents.
Speaker 1: There is no doubt the plan of these heinous killers was to lock out the rescuers and to methodically execute every child in that classroom and the teachers. And Kendrick Castile stood up to stop that gave his life for it. Some other courageous students followed him as he took on the shooter. But but that's what was going to happen, one by one executed in that classroom, and he saved him all and he gave up his life in the process. That is the epitome of everything good. Right, It's the epitome of a great American, it's the epitome of a great Christian. It's the epitome of everything good. And so how tremendous that's going to be celebrated and memorialized, you know, with the renaming of this street, so that ceremony tomorrow morning at ten thirty a m.
Speaker 2: And Colorado needs to do a lot more of that.
Speaker 1: I've never understood this business ryan of naming all this big stuff after politicians. I mean, politicians get plenty out of being elected officeholders, or else they wouldn't go after it, right, So why are we naming the stuff after them instead of after true American heroes like Kendrick and people who've died, people who've died in law enforcement, people who died in the military, heroes from other walks of life. Well, I be naming this stuff after politicians, certain politicians, certainly, But I would say somebody like DWYG.
Speaker 5: David Eisenhower, who was a legend for myriad reason or the least of which she was the commander of the Allied forces that delivered freedom from the Nazis and so forth.
Speaker 1: And amen, my brother, I mean you'll have some exceptions, right, talk about your garden variety politicians. I'm Kennedy. You know his great work during the Cuban missile crisis. I'm talking about. And listen, though, are politics differ I like Federico Pina, I like him personally, but you know that boulevards should not be named after a living former mayor, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: But how much political grease did it take to get that whole project done? You let's have something to do with that.
Speaker 2: You have the five rus five eight two five five, the number there was never end is?
Speaker 1: I remember about Federico and again we disagree on major policy.
Speaker 2: There's never any out to hint of scandal surrounding him.
Speaker 5: Talk at Scan, I'll talk an influence, you know what I mean, making some promises.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I can't speak to that I because I truly don't know and it's been a long time. All I'm saying is this big stuff. Unless it's somebody like Dwight Eisenhower or something, it neems to be named after these other kind of heroes in our midst You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 7: It's completely, uh shocking to even even write this, and the you know, the idea of offering people who have not been charged with any crime, there's no even hint of committing any crimes pardons because the nature of the incoming administration is such that they're pretty open about the idea of pursuing a kind of third world model of where we come in, we go after the guys. Now, I can hear what the Trump folks are gonna say immediately, which is he's only doing what they did to us. And I think, guys, that's what you'll hear next year if the Trump folks do first new these revenge investigations or indictments of they started laws their first they indicted Trump left and right. We're only keeping the same thing going. And you can see it easily right now. Hey, guys, that's why this debate is so serious in the White House and why they're they're they're taking this, I think with some measure of sobriety, even though it is an extraordinary precedent to.
Speaker 1: Set obviously no self awareness there for Jonathan Martin, but really fascinating, right because when we talked about this yesterday, this political story that Biden is considering, among other pardons, I mean, we know he's going to pardon his brother, right and and but among other pardons Shift and Fouche and Liz Cheney and who knows.
Speaker 2: Where else that goes.
Speaker 1: It led to this question, can somebody turn down up pardon? So I went and did a little bit of research. Now I didn't legally research this the way I do my stuff in my law practice, but I did some online stuff and it appears to be unanimous that yes, one hundred percent, absolutely somebody can turn down a pardon. And so that's another reason why I so hope he pardons all of them, because first of all, to pardon them is to convict them, right, And I don't have any evidence that any of those people has committed a crime.
Speaker 2: I'm just very very upset with.
Speaker 1: Those people for things they have done on a public policy level that have been very damaging to this country and causes that I hold dear. But I'm not aware that any of them is committed a crime. But I don't have access to the information I need to know whether they committed a crime. But if they are pardoned, they are convicted in the court of public opinion. That happens pretty much automatically. I think you'd agree. But then you get to the fun part. Do they turn it down? And what do you think? Well, ask doctor Fauchi. I think he's here right now, aren't you, doctor Fauci.
Speaker 7: If you are offered a pub pardon only if it prevents me from ever having to talk to Ram Paul again, then I would accept.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I'm not sure it would get you that. In fact, probably the opposite effect, because if you accept a pardon, well, then at that point you don't have any Fifth Amendment.
Speaker 2: Immunity.
Speaker 1: That because you have immunity, you don't have a Fifth Amendment right against self incriminations.
Speaker 5: So if you no longer have to go to the Catholic Church because I live my life according to my own value.
Speaker 6: Wow, that was and I am the science and who knows.
Speaker 1: One of well those two Yeah, that they just say it all, don't they. It's man, no fear of apparently, no fear of what's to come after passing away? Right, But yeah, So that would be the real fun part is then all these people would have to decide whether to accept the pardon. And if they accepted the pardon, well, then the American people take it to another level. In terms of their certainty that some crime was committed. But if they reject the pardon, that's pretty impressive. Who do you think would accept? Who do you think would reject? Eight five five for zero five eight two five five text d An five seven seventy nine. You got Fauci, you got Shiff, you got Liz Cheney reportedly maybe offered pardons.
Speaker 2: Who accepts, who rejects?
Speaker 5: Doesn't Adam Schiff release a statement saying there's no reason for me to receive a pardon and he rejected the premis al together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not rejecting the part. No, it's not.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think let's Jenny better take it because she did some dirty stuff.
Speaker 6: Dan, I'm talking about the jan sixth.
Speaker 5: Subcommittee, the texts that were deleted, the collusion and the cooperation, the communication with and Alexa knows her named the young lady that contested that Trump tried to grab the steering wheel, this Secret Service officer, which was ridiculous on its face, Benny Thompson not apparently not knowing at all what happened to a lot of the evidence when confronted by Thomas Massey, the video that showed somebody discovering a bomb outside the DNC then alerting police. Who was that person? Why do we not know who that person is? There's so much that went wrong with that subcommittee. It was a total sham.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's where, Hey, just my forty years of practice in law, my belief is I would need subpoena power to get to the bottom of all that. And I know the reporting that you're talking about, but I wouldn't need subpoena power to really dig in and figure out if any of those people had committed a crime.
Speaker 2: I know the reasons.
Speaker 1: I'm extremely upset with them and think they've caused great harm to very important causes, But a crime, I would need to really be able to dig in and figure that out.
Speaker 2: Text or Dan, are you serious?
Speaker 1: Federico Pina was one of the most corrupt and partisan politicians in Colorado history. Listen, and again we disagree on the big issues. I'm not aware of any corruption on Federico Payne part. And the reason this came up if you just joined us, is I'm talking about why are we naming stuff after politicians instead of, you know, like this great thing that's being done. Kender Castile way out in Highland's ranch. That's the right thing to do. That's being officially commemorated tomorrow. That's a beautiful thing. But should we take politicians names off stuff?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And again my point was, I'd like Federico Pina personally, disagree with him on policy, not aware of any corruption, but I don't think his name should be on that boulevard. I think it should be, you know, some somebody from everyday life who was a tremendous hero. And that can be somebody who gave their life for US police, fire, military, it can be somebody else, but it politicians.
Speaker 2: Should be the last people this stuff's named after.
Speaker 5: You ever driven through West Virginia, Dan, I got a real bad nominee for you.
Speaker 2: How about Robert C.
Speaker 5: Byrd Highway in West Virginia?
Speaker 6: Cyclass.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, It's interesting because the left is so big on taking names off stuff of people they don't like. But but shouldn't just as a general rule, shouldn't we take the politicians' names off everything? Now? And unless you're talking at Dwight Eisenower, right or something like that, shouldn't we just take the politician's name off? And who else would you name stuff after?
Speaker 6: But on the same stretch of highway you got kender Castille. But then also Dave Sanders.
Speaker 2: Oh those lines, yes, and we were probably involved in part of that.
Speaker 1: But sure, but yeah, what politicians' names would you take off things right now?
Speaker 2: Like we have that all over Colorado right now. And if you are going to have politicians names on stuff, then you should have bill Owens highway sense?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine as bad as I twenty five is what it would look like if Bill Owens had not pushed through that project?
Speaker 2: Here on the Dan Kapsa show.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Dan Kaplas show. Podcas asked Thursday afternoon, Dean and Arvada.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kaplas. You'll welcome.
Speaker 9: Dan. Hey, I was telling about all these pardons.
Speaker 10: I mean, where does it stop. Could he just pardon Jack Smith, Merrick Darland, all of the Jacksmith committee?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean.
Speaker 10: Everybody that worked on the Jack Smith case. Could they all be pardoned? I mean, it doesn't make sense that you can pardon someone that hasn't committed a crime.
Speaker 1: It seems like, oh, interesting question, Dean, yea, have the loss well established on that?
Speaker 2: You can?
Speaker 1: I mean you can you can pardon somebody before, say they're charged with the crime. Now what, let me take that back a little bit, my friend, tech, you are correct, you cannot pardon somebody before they commit a crime. You can only pardon them for crimes they've already committed. But you can pardon them before they are charged with the crime.
Speaker 9: So you could pardon them like without like, well, we don't know if they're going to be charged, so we'll just pardon them now.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: So you're pardoning somebody for all crimes committed between a certain and within a certain time period, or you can limit it and you can say okay, like with Hunter Biden, you could have said, okay, he's pardoned for the two federal client crimes that he was convicted of, but instead, obviously Joe Biden pardons them for any federal offense he committed from twenty fourteen forward. Wow.
Speaker 2: What a coincidence.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but it gets to your interesting pointing that you can in fact pardon people who have not committed any crime, but you have to pardon them up to the present point in time. You can't pardon them for any future crime.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 9: So I mean jacksonifs could get.
Speaker 2: Pardoned, Oh, he could pardon anybody wants.
Speaker 1: But then the fun starts, right do they accept the pardon or not? Because a pardon has to be accepted, a pardon can be rejected.
Speaker 9: Oh, they're going to take those pardons. They're going to go. I don't want to be in trouble later. I'll just take my my, my beating.
Speaker 10: Uh, because Congress isn't gonna call him in, Like, why are we going to wait time with this guy?
Speaker 9: He's already parted my brother.
Speaker 1: I would bet you the biggest stake in town that if Liz Cheney was pardoned, that she would reject that.
Speaker 10: Pardon and fat politics.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, even if somebody doesn't have a future in politics, and I don't see one for her. But uh, but but just your reputation, your your personal pride, et cetera. If you're sitting there and you know you have not committed any crime and you are now offered a pardon, you know, the second that you accept that pardon, it's like admitting you committed a crime, no matter what you say, no matter how you try to cover it. So now, on the other hand, obviously somebody has to be weighing, well, I may be charged and then even if I'm acquitted later, I've I've you know, spent all the money I have, and people still think I'm guilty.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot to weigh.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I would bet you what do you think of those three that are being discussed in the political story. They say that the Biden administration is thinking about a Fauci Cheney shift. Which of those three do you think accepts a pardon.
Speaker 9: Fauchi for sure, he's too old, he doesn't want to go through anymore. Hell, so he's gonna take it. Pardon well.
Speaker 1: And if and I underline, if any of the three committed a crime, I think he's the most likely to have committed a crime. If if he did so, I think he's the one who would need.
Speaker 2: To pardon most.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Paul's got him on a few things.
Speaker 1: No, he you know, I can see where he'd have some cause for concern. I'm not going all the way to saying that that Fauci has committed a crime, but I think he'd be most likely.
Speaker 9: To take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, appreciate the call. Man.
Speaker 1: This this is so fascinating, and we know there are going to be a bunch of other pardons, Right, Biden is certainly pardoning his brother. And where else is all of this going to go? And who do you think? Who do you think crime? If anybody in this whole cast of characters on the left is actually seeking a preemptive pardon, I think you'd have some who turn.
Speaker 6: It down, maybe Fauci.
Speaker 2: But it gets to this point you're making it.
Speaker 5: Can he pardon somebody ahead of not only they haven't been convicted of a crime, they haven't been charged, they've been investigated.
Speaker 6: There hasn't been interesting launched.
Speaker 5: So what does the pardon mean?
Speaker 1: Well, what it means is that, yeah, you cannot be prosecuted for any federal crime you committed during that time period.
Speaker 2: If the pardon has written that broadly.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, that's been challengeable though in a court of law.
Speaker 5: Constitutionally, no, Well, how can he give a blanket pardon to Hunter Biden dating back to a specific date ten plus years ago, almost eleven years ago.
Speaker 2: He could date it back to birth, Okay, yeah, but he can.
Speaker 5: Not any specific crimes that have been proven that have been convicted in the court of law for which Hunter was sentenced, which would be the tax evasion charges and the gun charges.
Speaker 2: Charged uncharged, which may have been committed. It's like the power of a king.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, and obviously we give, you know, presidents certain vast and broad powers.
Speaker 5: Well even Democrats who've seen Jerry Connolly, who's no conservative, he's a pretty far left Democrat out of Virginia saying, you know what, we need to revisit this whole presidential pardon power and how broad it is. Kind of to your point, I think if it's too broad, it's too it's too much power to give one individual. I think for specific offense. Let's say Rod big legoyeving Trump pardon that was for a specific crime he committee served time for Bobby kill kill Patrick.
Speaker 6: The former mayor of Detroit, same thing, it.
Speaker 5: Was some fraudulent charges, fraud charges that he had been convicted for, and those are specific crimes.
Speaker 2: How would you draw that though?
Speaker 1: I understand the desire to rein it in, but how would you do that without undermining the core purpose? Now, certainly alon and it may already exist that if if somebody takes money in exchange for a pardon, the pardons invalidate. Jeff, that law doesn't already exist, it should, But I think the attitude is that, hey, the political process will take care of that if you get somebody who's abusing it, which is one reason I love all this rhyme because, as I was saying down the stretch in the election, yeah, it's so critical that Trump win, and thank god that happened.
Speaker 2: But even before.
Speaker 1: Election, I was saying, but we also have to expose the left for who they really are in order to undermine support for the Democratic Party, and so that the more of this, you know, I'm above the lost stuff from Biden and the Democrats, the more Pardons, etc.
Speaker 2: The more it's going to hurt the Democratic.
Speaker 1: Party and the easier for Republicans to win in the mid terms. Let's go to beautiful Colorado Springs.
Speaker 2: Gary. You're on the Dan Caplis Show. Thank you, hello, Dan.
Speaker 12: How are you today?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: But let me pass along this newest bit of news breaking news on this New York CEO assassin, which just can firms my initial take that he wants to be caught and whether he's still alive or not, he wants to be identified. The latest news breaking right now is the picture of him when he's photographed full face, is when he lowered his mask to flirt with a woman at the front.
Speaker 2: Desk of the hostel he was staying at.
Speaker 1: And by the way, he traveled to New York ten days ago on a bus from Atlanta. So what do you make of that, Gary, What were you calling on, my friend?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm calling on the naming of highways and byways of this great country. So the week before Thanksgiving, I was driving across this great country. Happened to be in Pennsylvania. They came across the Joseph R. Biden Expressway and the traffic was moving so slow. I turned to my ten year old granddaughter and I said, well, they appropriately named this highway.
Speaker 2: That's a dead joke.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it is a bad joke.
Speaker 9: But I'll tell you what it's.
Speaker 12: Know, if we're ever going to get away from naming highways after presidents, that happens.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm okay with presidents, aren't you? What? What what?
Speaker 9: I'm not?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 1: And again I have no beef with Federic opinion. I liked him, disagreed on policy, but Panya Boulevards shouldn't be named after a living former politician, not at that level, I mean a president after he's passed away.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, Dan, I think, well, President Vibes not quite passed away.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear you. I hear you, my friend.
Speaker 11: That on to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Joseph or bideny way, Well, well, I don't think any of this stuff should be named after living politicians it and then presidents once they passed. But I don't get it. I don't get the naming things after local politicians. Some may be deserving, that's not my point. But my point is is that there are other people more deserving, and there are only so many things you can name and who really works for home?
Speaker 2: Right? I mean, none of the very very very.
Speaker 1: Few of these people would be in politics if they weren't getting enough personal satisfaction and reward out of it. You know, how about just all the Americans who do these extraordinary sacrificial things and lay down their lives for others. Yeah, that's who we should be naming stuff after. And what spurred this conversation today is they're doing the right thing. In Highlands Ranch, one of the greatest Colorado heroes in history, Kendrick Castillo. Major Street used to be Loosing Boulevard being named after Kendrick Castillo and the formal dedication is tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That's the way to do it. So what do you think?
Speaker 1: What stuff should we be taking politicians' names off of right now and renaming after others.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Caplas.
Speaker 6: Shop and now back to the Dan Kapla show podcast.
Speaker 2: De Transitioning Biological Female.
Speaker 8: A d transitioner, and I live in Lowell, but I work, worship and do business in Nashua, and so I'm an active community member of the six oh three and I'm here in support of SB two seventy two today. So, like many children and teens today, I identified myself as transgender for years, and when I started to feel confused and ashamed about my developing body, I asked everyone in my life to call me by a new name and use male pronouns to refer to me. So, in other words, I went through a social transition from female to male. Everyone in my life immediately affirmed my new identity, either out of full support for it or just to stay neutral and not cause any issues. The constant affirmation, both active and passive, solidified me in my transgender identity. No one meant to walk me into an identity that would later leave me broken ashamed and more confused than before. They were really all just being nice. But the social transition eventually wasn't enough, and I soon felt I needed to take testosterone. That wasn't enough, I had a double missectomy, and when that still wasn't enough, I had a total hysterectomy, including the removal of my uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, and both ovaries. There's no point of contentment during a gender transition. We get fleeting moments of euphoria, but ultimately one step leads straight into the next. And I thought that in the end I could really become a man, But all I became was a mutilated and abused version of my old self. Social transition is a big deal, and we're lying when we say that any of this is reversible.
Speaker 1: Oh man, how courageous to speak out. Mike and Bennett, Colorado. You're on the Dan Capel Show. I got excited for a second. I thought it said Michael Bennett, who has dodged this show for decades.
Speaker 11: Thanks, thanks Dan.
Speaker 9: Thanks it's not Michael Bennett.
Speaker 13: I was going to ask you, what is the ramification If somebody gets pardoned, you say that that admitting guilt and if you have a House of Representative or a senator that is admitting guilt to a crime, if they usually remove you from your position or put enough pressure on you to bow out, how does that work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for that question.
Speaker 1: I don't mean admitting guilt in a technical legal sense. I mean in the court of public opinion. I think if somebody has offered a pardon and accepts it the way the public interprets that is as an admission of guilt, but legally no, there would be no admission of guilt, no negative legal consequence. Now let me have one thing, Mike, and this this is a little in the weeds. There is one negative legal consequence because if you accept a pardon, then you lose your Fifth Amendment right against self incrimination on issues directly pertaining to some of that. So you may be forced to testify, say some investigations, grand jury hearings, et cetera, where you might otherwise take the Fifth.
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, that I was referring to Adam Sift. Yeah, because now he's going to be a senator, right, Yes, he takes the pardon like there'd be a lot of pressure on him to to come to some kind of hearing the answer for his behavior.
Speaker 2: Boy, you would think so.
Speaker 1: But in California, right, you get elected as a Democrat in California, you're just kind of electorally bulletproof. So no, with with Adam Scheff, right, it's it'd be interesting to see if he took it or not. But we may soon found out, right based on what politicals are reporting. Great questions, Mike, thank you for that. Really do appreciate it. If you just joined us, thank you. It's been an amazing day. If we started out and af throughout the show brought to the latest on.
Speaker 2: The CEO killer in New York.
Speaker 1: Clearly, as we said yesterday, you know, wants to be caught, wants to be identified at the very least, and presumably wants to be then caught if he's still alive, you know, because he only had half a mask on at the time of this saint his crime, and now there's a full face photo available because he took his mask off at the youth hostel. He was staying to flirt with a clerk at the front counter stop by Starbucks for a while before bought some you know, energy bars and water at a Starbucks before he went and committed this terrible killing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we will know who he is very very very soon.
Speaker 1: But the biggest news of the day the shellcasing is found at the scene, you know that to deny defend depos which would suggest that the motive was tied to denial of an insurance claim. But that could be a misdirection play, right because it's so obvious, or it could be the true motive. Information CNN reporting that he wrote a bus up from Atlanta ten days ago to New York and then stayed in this youth hostel with two males, no reporting on whether those were people he knew previously or not.
Speaker 2: So that the latest drying.
Speaker 1: If you had to bet your young life at this point on what the motive is here, what actually happened, what would that be.
Speaker 5: I think this is an aggrieved person with delusions that was going to take out the CEO by going straight to the top, or a claim that he was not able to get and he feels he got ripped off.
Speaker 2: I think it might be as basic as that.
Speaker 1: You know, honestly, if you're betting the house, that's probably from what we know now what's on the table, that's probably a pretty smart bet. And then I think the question becomes was it just made to look that way to cover some other motive? Since his CEO currently under investigation reportedly by CNN under investigation by DJ for alleged insider trading, was there some other motive there? You know? I hope, I expect we will find out in the end here what really went on there? Hey, really appreciate the time today. Heck of a lot going on tomorrow. Hope you're with us tomorrow at four oh six. All Ryan tremendous job is always. Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 2: I hope you catch Ryan show does an excellent show in Denver two to four pm each afternoon.
Speaker 1: Kelly Human Sunshine with us again. So grateful for that, except for the fact we have to wear sunglasses because she's so radiant.
Speaker 2: Join us tomorrow on the Dan Kapla Show.