Speaker 1: The views expressed in the following program are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Saga nine sixty Am or its management.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday afternoon or evening, and you know what that means or inside he is on the air on News Talk Saga nine sixty AM. Ladies and gentlemen, My name is Lextan, host, the producer of the show. You can follow me at Lextan Media. You can follow the show at Ringside Underscore Heat. This is episode two hundred and twenty four. Here on SAGA nine sixty and your favorite Podcascher Spotify. You can find us on iHeartRadio, Google Podcasts, as Apple Podcasts as well. Just subscribe to us there and hey, you get access to all of our content that we put up in audio format and which is something that is kind of new to WWE honestly, with WWE Radio and SummerSlam this weekend not just being broadcast worldwide on a Netflix but and also in the United States on the ESPN, but also on WWWEE Radio on Sirius XAM with Vic Joseph and Booker t calling the action, and we'll talk about that as well as the rest of SummerSlam in this particular episode. But to help me talk about that, let's bring in our wrestling memorabilia collection expert as well as our TNA expert as well.
Speaker 3: His name is Chico.
Speaker 2: You can follow him at Coca Collecttion Chico Nugid and he also on his stream yard caption at the bottom here he says thank you Brock.
Speaker 4: Yes, he confirmed about a day or so before this broadcasts is airing. Brock did confirm on the pat MCCA he showed that he is indeed retired from professional wrestling.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and you know, one of those I've been hearing a lot of things about Brock Lessner lately, and a lot of it is a lot of admiration, a lot of appreciation, and that's something that is hilarious that it's kind of hilarious to me if this were to be two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight me, because you know, Brock at the time, he didn't seem like he really was appreciative of his time in the business, But as it turns out, when you look at the full career, he really is very very much appreciative of all of the WWE has given to him and the opportunities that it created for him later on, and he was able to give back to the business the.
Speaker 3: Way that a.
Speaker 2: Wrestling superstar really does and really should as they become more famous and other people are coming up in the business that will replace them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, And I mean, I guess what you're referring to is him being ungrateful around two thousand and eight or nine, you were saying.
Speaker 3: Well, a, yeah, the mid two thousands, this kind of era.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean that's the time when he was not in the company for quite a while. So I mean he came back with twenty eleven or twenty twelve, so, uh, you know, for the time that he was gone, Yeah, he didn't really he didn't really speak too kindly WWE. I think they were embroiled in lawsuits even back and forth. So yeah, around that time, yeah, he was, he was in legal fights against WWE. So but then you know, I'm glad they patched it up because Brock honestly, and he's shown it since he's come back to the company and like again twenty eleven or something like that, he knows how to do pro wrestling. He knows how to sell, he knows how to he knows when to choose somebody that needs to be pushed to a higher spot on the card, and part of that is his duties as a big guy who was formerly the next big thing to raise the profile of the actual big thing that.
Speaker 3: Is after him, you know, generation wise.
Speaker 4: So he's such a true pro and no matter what people say about him, you know, he's he's definitely an all time great in my books, and to me, an absolute first ballot Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure that's probably gonna be one of the names that will be bandied about in wrestling from WrestleMania forty three, possibly well in WrestleMania forty four when it does come back to the United States, because presumably yeah, well yeah, hopefully with I mean, like I'd like to hope that it comes back to the United States or at least in North America, because I would love to have it here in Toronto. But you know, the fact chance of that happening now was, you know, with everything else that's happening with the WWWE these days. But one of the things that I mean, Minnesota was a poster host of WrestleMania. But then they did it, but they got SummerSlam and to be it and to be perfectly honest with you, not just you, Chico, but also to our listening audience on SACO nine sixty and our your favorite Podcastcher And I would have to say that this actually, this Summer Slam weekend, I actually enjoyed it a lot more than they did WrestleMania this year.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure i'd have to go back and kind of see which event I liked more, but I will agree that SummerSlam was a pretty dang good two days of premium live event action.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And And to summarize those things right now, we're're gonna start by looking at Night one, which was August. The first six matches both nights, actually six matches, a pretty decent pacing and decent amount of time for the card.
Speaker 3: Plus you know, of course.
Speaker 2: The uh, the the pro post shows and the pre shows and stuff like that too, so h But for the main card itself, we've got the first match of the night started off with Live Morgan defeating EO Sky for the Women's championship in a match that to thirteen minutes and thirty five seconds. There, she's their first solidifying at least in her in lives mind to be the greatest women's champion.
Speaker 3: Of all time.
Speaker 2: And yeah, we don't have a we don't have a lot of time on the air right now, so I can't really go as far as what Morgan does.
Speaker 3: But uh, second match.
Speaker 2: Of the evening was La Knight Solo Soakoa and Royce Keys defeating the Bloodline of Jacob Fatu Jay and Jimmy Usa by pinfall. That match was eleven minutes on the dot and that was and and that certainly did not put either of the three on the Bloodline on Roman's good side for the night and also for a Monday Night Raw, which we'll talk about a little bit later. Then we've had Nick Aldis getting back into the ring in front of his wife and his kid, and unfortunately for nick All this going thro defeated him in a match that took eleven minutes and forty seconds. Great match, I think, you know, for nick Aldo's first match back as the first match in the WWE and the first match back in I don't know how many years now, I think maybe two or three years. Good job by Nick all this and I want to see him a little bit more in the ring again.
Speaker 3: That would be awesome if it could happen.
Speaker 2: Fatal Influence, JC, Jane, Fallon Henley and Lady Reid defeat the Bella Twins Nikki and Brie and Page by pinfall, and of course, and of course the turn on Page as well as that said that, then Nicki and Brie are back to their classic heel cells and yes you can look and you can't, but you can't touch. And now Page really can't touch them because.
Speaker 4: Unbelievably though, in the process of that match, it's just too bad, Brie Bella got her scapula broken. Oh good god, he's out for months.
Speaker 2: Well, it looks like some looks like some Bella is gonna have to be a little bit more apologetic to Page because maybe they might need to do go for another tag team run with that one, and then you can have a three way dance later on in the later on of the year, possibly at WrestleMania, but who knows, we'll find out as we go along. But the next match of the night was see Him Punk defeating Cody Rose by pinfall, a match for the undisputed WWE Championship.
Speaker 3: That's thirty minutes and ten seconds.
Speaker 2: Again, what can you say about these two superstars as that like they just like there's a reason why see them Punk and Cody Roads were put together. There's a reason why Roman Reigns and Set Drowns were put together for the main event of Summer Slam this year. And they all and both of them I believe lived up to it all. And then at the and then the co main event did say with the final match of the evening on Saturday night was Obafemi as we talked about at the top of the show, defeating brock Lessener and in a cell. And this was Lesner's retirement match. Eleven minutes and forty seconds. I honestly wasn't exactly thrilled about how the finish came about, and I was the result was correct. You do want to have the next big thing go over to the previous, go over the previous next big thing, uh in this case, but uh, the finish of the match, Chico as as I as I recall it was brock Lesner actually employing the Undertaker's tombstone, exposing ripping up the canvas and ripping up the the the the the protective foamy, the protective foam, exposing the plywood or whatever it's called or the wooden boards that make up the ring and tombstoning uh Obafemi. There Oba Femi kicks out of two, but then Obami gets his finishing move on Brock shortly afterwards, but on an on a covered on a regular part of the ring and still got the pinfall against Brock. I think it should have been that finisher, that power bomb on from on brock Lessener onto the exposed on the exposed wood man.
Speaker 3: That could have been so much more.
Speaker 4: I share your sentiment, and then in that, I mean, I'm just kind of paraphrasing and putting words in your mouth, but it kind of felt flat at the end.
Speaker 2: You're not putting well, no, no, well, you're not putting words in my mouth. I think it did fall flat because of the fact that Oba should Oba and Brock should have used the exposed wood of the ring in order to finish off brock Lessner, because you know, it's uh, it's But at the same time, I also kind of understand that Oba is so powerful. They're trying to make Oba look so powerful that he doesn't need that the the shady Actually all he needs is the wrestling ring to take off Rock Lessner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, overall, decent match. The start was good, middle was good, but like you said, wish it was a better ending.
Speaker 3: Mmmmmm. Now here's the thing.
Speaker 2: When now, when it comes to Cody Rhodes and see them Punk, where do they go from? Where does Cody go from here?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Because because we know that CM Punk went to the to the post show and he's basically basically again reiterating that he's a fighting champion. He is going to go. It doesn't matter who it's going to be, he is going to go and uh just continue to be a fighting champion.
Speaker 3: But what happens with Cody here now?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. I wish I had an answer for you. I think the wrong answer would be for him to get the title back quickly.
Speaker 3: Hm.
Speaker 4: I think that him on the chase. I think that's more interesting at least for now, because he has had plenty of w w undispeedd Championship months and you know, like you know, number of days and all that. I think we definitely could use a break from a lengthier title run, which Cody just came out of recently. So I don't know what to say, like where to send Cody? I guess you can give him a bunch of feuds. I mean, Baron Corbyn's back. Big Cast just came back. You know, there are people that you compare him with. But then I guess it's Cody Rhoades. He's QB one. So he ought to be in the periphery of the WWE championship scene at some point again, but.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have to hold it right now.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I'll also one of the people that I think that actually could start to make that championship run, to be at least on the championship scene yet again.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that's and and this is something that uh we saw on Monday Night with l A. Knight. Uh finally you know, getting in the face of Roman Reigns and uh uh and and and and having his say and even Roman Reins is like, you know what he told as a punishment to Jacob Jay and Jimmy for not getting the victory, that he that they were not allowed to touch l A. Knight, that he was the one that was gonna that that he was gonna be the one that was gonna go take l A Night out when the time came. But he didn't need to. But but Uh, he's not going to force l A. Knight to come to him or yeah, he's not going to force himself to go to l A.
Speaker 3: Knight.
Speaker 2: He's gonna just wait for for for things to happen and for l A. Knight to just be naturally into periphery, which I think is kind of is a bit of a power move there by Roman Reigns.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess, so not nothing much to say about that on my end. So yeah, I guess we're just moving on like it's it was a it was a good summer slam. I'm just a little puzzle. That's to where we go from here. But uh, you know, keep keep going, keep running it down.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Well that was Sunday night there.
Speaker 2: But uh, what we're gonna do is we're gonna get into night two because I think Night two, personally for me, was the more interesting night of the two. And I think and uh and I but I do like the way that the upward trajectory happened because Night one was a good what was a good night anyway, but it also did set the table, uh without you know, blowing it out of the water, so that Night two kind of falls flat. I think Night two was actually the stronger one of the two nights, and thank god it was because.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, I forgot to ask you this about the main event of night one. Sorry semi main, I guess, uh Randy Orton. Yes, yes, there you go that reaction on that.
Speaker 2: It makes sense that Randy Orton will do that because Andy Orton has had a penchant for interrupting or at least or or or at least uh, you know, making his presence known before, during, and after main events at SummerSlam in a very impactful way. And I'm glad that he's back in the picture. And I and the weirdest part is I never ever thought growing up, I never ever thought I'd say that about Randy Orton. But in the last few years that he's been in like quote unquote the twilight of his career. But at the same time, he's still a beast. He's still like he's still we're gonna talk about yes, but he's still like he's he's he's still he's probably he's probably a better Randy over the past six five to six years.
Speaker 3: Than he has ever been.
Speaker 2: And I actually look forward to seeing Randy Orton and and it's not because he's in a twilet of his career and we may not see much of him later on, but he's.
Speaker 3: Just better now.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, this is this is crazy, Like I actually want to see Randy orton wrestle Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unlike the WrestleMania twenty five main event. But anyway, well again I wanted that. Actually it just didn't It didn't do much for me.
Speaker 3: See that's the let's see, that's the thing. See, that's the thing. That's the thing that that.
Speaker 2: That that that kind of that I guess Triple H has learned finally over the years that you don't necessarily have to put the championship match at the very last moment of the card. You can have, you know, your big moment, I mean sean attraction match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the attraction match. You can have it at the end.
Speaker 2: Because if Triple H and Randy had gone on before that and had their match and then the attraction match of Sean versus the Undertaker one, I think that that then I think the impact of Randy versus Triple H would have been a lot better and and and people would look for look fondly, more fondly rather on that match than they do now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I guess my thought on it was that I'm glad that they held off on bringing Randy back after Mania. I don't know if it was injured or anything, but I think it was definitely good for WWE to give it a few months to shed the stink of the whole Pat McAfee Schuhorn into their feud and backlash was just not backlash the pl but the backlash from the fandom was just so kind of almost unanimously panning it. Yes, so to get the heat off of them, like it was good that Randy just didn't show up until SummerSlam mmmmm.
Speaker 2: And hey, you know absence did actually, oddly enough made the heartbrow fonder for the viper. And that's just not from me, but also the reaction of the Minnesota faithful as well too. Yes, when seeing Randy Yorton return in that main event there against and in that co main event for lack of a better term there h So, yeah, welcome back Randy and the complication of Randy Yorton is going to be a lot of fun to see.
Speaker 3: And I never thought i'd say that.
Speaker 2: Agreed Night two, Nick two, Well, we'll actually get into night two. After we take the break here and we'll be back but more Rustley Talk here on Saga nine sixty am. Would Ringside keeps back after these promotional considerations? Wait, this is that Reddle and you're listening to Springsidey.
Speaker 1: Stream us live at Saga nine sixty am.
Speaker 3: Dot c.
Speaker 5: Yo bro It is Vince Russo Man and you are listening to ringsideyat bro A News Talk Saga nine sixty am.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Ringside Heat on New Stock Saga nine sixty A and Lextand at Lextan Media. Ringside Heat A, Ringside Underscore, he Chico at Coco Collect And it is episode two hundred and twenty four. The Garden spoke Summer Slam answered, and we do have a six. We do have Night two of Summer Slam six matches to talk about here, and we're gonna start it off with the first match. It was the number one contendership match for the Undisputed WWE Championship, originally between Finnbaler and Sammy Zain and then Gunther was also was also put into the match after because you know, uh, this is I believe it was Nick All this trying to make things right between him after after Nick All this was defeated by Gunta the night before, and it was nice that Triple H did not let Nick Alvis go and said, hey, you know what, You're still the general manager. SmackDown Hurrah. And you know it's good. I like nik All this as the as the authority figure, and with the wrestling, with with with with with with with him actually wrestling and putting up a good show against Gunther, that just makes it even more of a even more authoritative I would say. But the big surprise here. The first big surprise of Night number two was the return of one prize fighter from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Kevin Owens.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I was actually watching this on my phone as I was doing grocery shopping at Metro over in Scarborough. And I heard his I heard his music while I was trying to find while I was trying to find lentils for my Lentil super recipe, and and I and I was like, my jaw dropped. I had a big smile on my face and I see Kevin and I hear the music and I started I actually teared up in Metro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he was gone.
Speaker 4: For I believe it was seventeen months, so that is a very long layoff. And he was talking about it on the post show after Summer Slam Night two, how they weren't even sure he could come back, and even to that point he was told not to take many chances. And then but he promised the WWE universe during the post show that he's like, he's just kind of throwing that advice away.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I hope he only meant that in k fabe, and I hope he will legitimately take care of how he wrestles from here on out.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure he will, honestly, because I mean, it is something that you know, several people have come back from concluding page, including Adam Copeland, who have had longer layoffs than Kevin Owens. Yes, but all of them had that uncertain he and even was told don't do this anymore. But Kevin Owens, Uh, he was just he was told he gotta take it easy, so.
Speaker 3: But he won't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again, let's hope in k fab he that he met that in k fabe and uh, he actually does take care of himself. But it was nice to see that he won the match and he is now the number one contender too for the undisputed w W Championship held currently by Roman Reigns. Spoiler lords uh and uh and up and uh it's again Finn Balor pushed off the side, Sammy's ain pushed off the side, and Gunther not getting the title shot that he wants again. So but uh that also could fuel a lot of good things for all three of those guys.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, oh yes, what else we got here?
Speaker 2: Man Baron Corbin, I was, I was actually kind of very Corbin defeating Trick Williams.
Speaker 3: For a surprise, very surprised for not too bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he is now the new WWE United States Champion.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought it was the Tom Toon World Championship. Oh either smelling there?
Speaker 2: Uh huh either way, either way I was either I was okay with this and I think Baron Corbyn. I was actually entertained by Baron Corbyn. Not Bishop Dyer, but Baron Corbyn.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know who you're talking about, but yeah, Baron Corbyn is indeed back in WWE. And yeah, I think absence made the heart grow a little bit fonder. I actually think the real man behind the persona Tom pest stocks. Seems like a good dude, you know, to chill with and hang out with. And it's pretty cool watching his like cooking videos on social media and how he like is I don't know if it's converser level, but he kind of specializes in like grilling, grilling meats and stuff or something like that. So he just seems seems like a good person to hang out with. And so I have more goodwill towards Baron Corbin now than in the previous run, as has been documented on this very show. You know, i'd call him boring, carbomb or whatever something something that it's just because he was so bland to me, and he kind of still is, to be honest with you, but there's just something a little different, and it just feels a little different, like a little fresh coat of paint.
Speaker 3: So I wish him well.
Speaker 4: I hope he, you know, is there for quite a while, but only if he's like that dang good, yeah, because he's got to hit it out of the park otherwise, I mean, what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: So he's speaking of somebody who hit it out of the park.
Speaker 2: Though, Five ladies who competed for the interim w Women's championship. Oh yeah, Charlotte Flair, Jade Cargill, Lash Legend, and Tiffany Stratton had you give it up and acknowledge the new interim WWE Women's champion.
Speaker 3: Chelsea Green.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, like I played allegiance, Yes I do, I I as well, I as well the lady from Victoria, BC. Unfortunately she can't have a lot of her family and friends there. But at least at least Zach was there or or you know his real name? Yeah no, Matt Cardona is his persona on TV now man. Yes, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: He's it's you get did you get zap by by Dan Housen's equipment again?
Speaker 3: I guess so, I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess so, I mean, like, you know, that's I mean, my Gigantic had absorbed it.
Speaker 4: Also, Oh, I guess so that's why things are going off the rails yet again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, congratulations to Chelsea Green. I will say that's the right decision. And I do get a sinking feeling though, because I mean, they gave Chelsea Green the world a world championship, but it's an interim one, you know, so I kind of feel like it's almost consolation. But she still is technically a w w EE Women's champion here too. Fourth, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: And it's and and and and it's uh, we don't know how long. We don't we don't know how long the interim is going to last. Basically, we don't know what. But either way, it is still she's still gonna be going around the country. She's still going to be going around to shows with that title. And uh and and I and I think she's.
Speaker 3: On an interim basis.
Speaker 2: I guess, yes, exactly, but still but still but but but but but but it's still to me. Then again, it's wrestling every every time. Yeah, nothing really matters title wise. So yes, Chelsea is a champion of the world. Yes, But at the same time, I'm also eating my words here a little bit too. I'm also eating I also have to eat a little bit of my own crow because of the fact that I did not like the way they did the interim ae W championship, and I didn't like not big not. It was not that it wasn't the right of a good move or bad move per se. It's just that I did not like the idea of an interim champion for a world Championship, particularly in AW and I just didn't like the way that it worked. But then for whatever reason, I'm actually kind of maybe it's the maybe it is the aew thing that kind of warmed me up to the idea of an interim champion.
Speaker 4: I'm, for one, I'm glad that WWE has held off on doing an interim championship until now. I think this might be the first time they've ever done it in WWE. But I'm okay with them pulling the trigger here because they have so many championships that every time somebody gets injured, while you're just gonna make a vacant, a tournament will just pop.
Speaker 3: Up or a Battle Royal. It gets old after a while.
Speaker 4: So I'm glad that they're they're finally making it a little more satyle with that kind of situation, because many of their champions have gone down in the last like half decades. So this is a good way to kind of still acknowledge that Riha Ripley is the best and and and the the champ. But she just has to take a little bit longer then than they wanted to to rehab. So what do you do for the first time ever interim WWE Women's Champion, and so it's gonna be I'm gonna make for a fun story when Ria comes back and wrestles whomever that interim Women's champion is by then.
Speaker 3: And I would love to see I would have to.
Speaker 2: I would love to see the the the the Women's Championship being contested by Rihea Ripley and Chelsea Green particularly, I would love to see that match up. I would love to see how that, how the build up happens to that. I think that would be I think that would be an awesome thing for both of.
Speaker 3: Them if they do that.
Speaker 4: I hope that they finally turned Chelsea loose to show which he can do, because she can actually go. She may have a goofy character that is there for a certain purpose, but I mean a lot of people don't know that, you know this, this lady can really do the pro wrestling thing, even the physical stuff. So like she's had a match against Penta in Luca Underground that is legendary and so that that has gone around, it becomes sort of a vile viral clip here and there. So yeah, no, I wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea and Rhea be the ones to wrestle when Riha comes back for the undisputed WWE Women's champion Ship. So I wouldn't mind if it's that pairing. I just hope it wouldn't be a squash like I hope it's a real contest.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmmmmm.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you know somebody who would probably now figure out that maybe Chelsea can actually go the man that she dedicated the title to, you, Michael ps Hays.
Speaker 4: Oh, that was a fantastic post show U answer or you know, dedication rather dedication. So Chelsea just looked right into the camera and dedicated that interim ww Championship win to Michael Hayes.
Speaker 2: Ah. Human Money's in a poll match that was the next match cup towards. It's six minutes and fifty seconds, and that's all it needed to be Dan Housen defeating Dominicasterio keeping the one hundred thousand dollars that Dan Housen quote unquote stole from the judgment day. But it turns out the human Money's on a pole match were actually Dan housend dollars. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw it when when he started throwing it around him like no, no way, no way, they're actually throwing out real cash when this whole time I knew that WWE is selling quote I'm using air quotes here for those in radio end, but it was actually uh human the human monies that we that were in that bag, So the one the ones that they sell replicas of on WWE shop.
Speaker 3: So yep, you know, and very nice, very very evil. Yes.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned Penta earlier having that great match against Chelsea Green, Well, Uh, Chad Gable and Penta had a great match themselves for the inter Continental Championship eleven minutes and ten seconds. Chad Gable, Uh, to the delight of the Minnesota crowd. Uh, is now the w w E Intercontinental Champion, first, the first.
Speaker 3: Singles title for Chad Gable.
Speaker 2: Lad Gable and and on Monday Night Raw, there was a promo where pent till We're bent to basically put Chad over and saying that he he's now one of he's you know, one of the best wrestlers in the world, and he deserves this Intercontinental Championship and he respects Chad Gable and uh and uh and it's great. It's it's great to see how much goodwill Chad Gable has.
Speaker 3: Not just in KFE. But but just.
Speaker 2: Shoot goodwill from everybody in the wrestling world right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's really cool to see and he's had a long road there, as we all know, like those of us who followed his career, but it's about danyg time. And there was no choice but to turn Chad Gable babyface once he was unmasked as the original El Grande Americano, Like, there's no choice but to put him as a baby face because then there was so much gratitude in sportsmanship from Chad after that mask versus mask match that he really earned, like he got a huge level up in respect from the crowd and just from everyone viewing it. So there definitely was no choice but to turn Chad face. And I love this apology tour he's been on and I love that we got to see it culminate in his first ever WWE singles title win. So congrats to the new Intercontinental Champion Chad Gable mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And in the main event of SummerSlam Night two, Roman Reigns defeating Seth Rollins by pinfall uh I. Again, it's just there's these two guys that have that that that that that have seen this company, never left this company. Uh, and been through the ranks and been through and been through the ring together through all of these years since what twenty eleven. Now, I think it's like so it's like about something like that, something like that. Uh, but uh, and it and it goes beyond of course their shield days. I mean, like, you know, they had to go up into developmental as well, so they've been through it all of these two and it really showed how well they work together and how just you know, how how well they just drive in the ring. Because that was a phenomenal match.
Speaker 3: Between these two.
Speaker 4: Agreed, It was an instant classic for sure. Those two deserved to have a great show closing, you know, main event match like that, so kudos to both of them. The right outcome came and even the right post match sportsmanship kind of thing happened as well, so kudos all around. It went up and down and was a dramatic bit of sports entertainment.
Speaker 3: So I enjoyed that to close the night.
Speaker 4: I have to admit though, for the first half or so of the match, I kind of had this kind of bland feeling about it, like I don't want to watch rains and Rawlins because it just seemed a little old hat to me in that moment. But that match as it went on, I'm like, okay, they're really putting some sauce on this, Like it was very very good, like a lot of well thought out story beats during the match. So I acknowledge the tribal chiefs mm.
Speaker 2: Hm, and you know, and and and there's the thing too, is that it's is that that even though Seth Rollins again did not win the championship and he's basically you know, basically everything that Romans said came true. I guess in a sense, uh uh, that everything that he said in the lead up to this matchup kind of came true. Seth does not look the does not look like the weaker one. Neither of them lost anything from this match. In fact, I think they both somehow gained even more from this match. And that's tough to do when your Roman reigns and you've been at the top for so long and you know you're and doesn't matter if you are, if if he's heel or his face that music hits that that music, everybody just stands up and acknowledges him.
Speaker 3: He's It's just.
Speaker 2: He made himself undeniable, and Seth Wallins also found away somehow to make himself undeniable as well over the past couple of years.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep.
Speaker 4: And so I mean, I don't know what that says for where Seth Rollins is going to go from here. Of course, tribal chief will just do tribal chief things, so he will soldier on.
Speaker 3: And of course he is right in.
Speaker 4: The middle of the Renaissance, I guess of the bloodline. So you know, I don't know where that's going either, But Roman's got plenty of stuff to do to occupy his mondays. So let's see where it goes from here. I'm I'm really not sure where to go from here with Seth though.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. That's something I think we'll have an answer to you in the next few weeks. Because of course, the w W machine never stops.
Speaker 3: They don't have an off season. They don't have an off season.
Speaker 2: They have and and and it's very very easy to unders to to look back and say, you know what, these guys have actually had this much history. This is a match fifteen years of the making, twenty years of the making, and all that sort of stuff. Because because of the fact that like you know, WWE, as they used to say, has.
Speaker 3: No off season.
Speaker 2: But I also want to do talk about in the last half or in the last block of the show, you know, a new a new season of professional wrestling, and particularly here here in southern Ontario, here in Toronto Maple Leaf Pro Wrestling. Over the last few weeks, since July, they've had they have a TV deal with TSN and for a weekly TV show MLP Wrestling Mayhem, which airs Wednesday nights at midnight nine pm Pacific time, and then this next week coming up, and as well, they do have a show coming up in October, which we'll talk about in a second. But I do want to talk about this tonight's show as of this airing night's show at midnight, because somebody that appeared.
Speaker 3: On the show before will be appearing on Maple Leaf.
Speaker 2: Pro Mayhem, and we'll talk about that when we come back after these promotion of considerations.
Speaker 6: Hello, everyone, this is former pro wrestling Slash Sports Entertainment referee Jimmy Corderos, and you're listening to the new voice of Pro Wrestling Slash Sports Entertainment in the GTA Ringside Heat right here on News Talk SAGA nine sixty Am.
Speaker 1: No Radio, No Problem. Stream is live on SAGA nine sixty am dot CAA. Hey guys, I'm Shane Spears and you're listening to Ringside Heat.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Ringside Heat on new Stalk Saga nine sixty Am, Lextand at Lextan Media, Chico at Cocoa Collects and of course Ringside Underscore Heat as where you can find us on all of our social media platforms. This is episode Jude twenty four, The Garden Spoke, SummerSlam Answered, and it's brought to you by Outlier, by John Dawson. You can find the vinyl on Shopify, or you can just go to your favorite your favorite music streaming app and you can find John's great music. And hopefully, hopefully we were talking. We were in talks, and I think he might be making a comeback here on Ringside Heat sometime in the near future, so stay tuned for that. But some to us speaking of comebacks mayple Leaf Pro Wrestling, the old the successor to Maple Leaf Wrestling that the Tunnies used to run that was started basically in the minds of the Tunnies and the Gardener family and Toots Monde back in the nineteen twenties. It's the Queensburry Athletic Club and one of the precursors to what WWE is today because Toutsman was involved with MLP or so with with with with MLW all the way back of the day and and and eventually started working with Vince McMahon Sr. And they broke off from the n w A, creating the World Wrestling Federation.
Speaker 3: Uh and.
Speaker 2: Copper Wrestling Corporation and the World Wrestling and the Worldwide Wrestling Federation rather than I just say, uh but but now MLP Wrestling Maple Leaf Pro Wrestling Mayhem airs Wednesday nights at midnight on TSN and one of those, and there's a couple of segments I do want to talk about over here. First off, Adam Copeland, hometown boy, Adam Copeland, will be making an appearance and we will be hearing from him as we're headed to MLP Northern Rising, which will be happening in Maple Leaf Gardens in October October to third. And uh yeah, we're gonna be hearing from Adam Copeland, which is always cool to see him come back and give back to the professional wrestling industry here in Canada.
Speaker 3: Are you going to that? I want to go to that.
Speaker 2: Because I'm looking at ticket Master right now, fifty eight dollars for tickets right now. Yeah, And because maple Leief Gardens are the matter of Athletics Center at Maple Leaf Gardens isn't the biggest venue, but it is, you know it is. It is going to be taking up three quarters of the arena and the and and the views that we were we were there at we were there at m l p W Northern Rising I believe it was last year or two years ago at the Gardens. And great great see a great, great view for everything, like just just uh, and and they've been anywhere you sit is a great view honestly over in the over at the Gardens.
Speaker 3: So I am I want to go to that.
Speaker 2: So and and because Adam Copeland is going to be making his appearance over there to rate our superstar, we'll be heading to m LP Northern Rising and we'll be hearing from him.
Speaker 3: Then. Uh.
Speaker 2: We also have uh, one of the matches that I actually am looking forward to the watching here is a four way matchup between four men who have fought wars in m l P and they collide as they move close to the top of the ladder. So it'll be Evil Uno versus t j P versus Johnny TV versus Jonathan Gresham.
Speaker 3: Four names that have.
Speaker 2: Wrestled UH in the biggest on on on the biggest stages and are getting a chance as well too to wrestle UH to be featured on m l P as well.
Speaker 3: So that's gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Lot of fun uh to to watch, especially especially.
Speaker 3: With t j P being uh you know, one of the one one of.
Speaker 2: The few Filipino wrestlers that uh that that that that are on the scene right now. But hey, you know what if things go well with UH, with with with Monopo, with Kingsley and Ticket Easy Joey and the and and and the rest uh everything, I would love to see more full of Panos Grace the wrestling rings in the Bigger stages.
Speaker 4: Represent well, I mean, we had a couple of them before it just got released, you know, we have, I mean, to be fair, one person still in the company, but yeah.
Speaker 3: True, true true.
Speaker 2: And also one other match that I'm looking forward to is uh uh is uh in the women's division. Uh It's and as as they're saying the women's division in Maple Leaf Pro being wide open at the moment, so UH featured in the match later on tonight is going to be homegirl, hometown girl, UH Taylor Rising Uh and she's gonna be going up against uh big al Alice Crowley and she is from Indianapolis, Indiana. Uh and UH I think and I and I've seen Taylor wrestle UH in Impact Wrestling Slash TN on dark matches. I haven't seen Alice Russell yet, but I bet but as far as I see it, I think these two can actually we'll actually be able to throw it down real hard over on the MLP.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep, yep. I mean I'm hoping I can join you. I mean we've got to support local. Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: And right now the ticket master is selling those tickets. There's still really good seats on the floor right now, which are there's one seat in the U for fifty eight dollars and twenty cents.
Speaker 3: That's a floor seat. That's a floor seat. Yeah. How about ringside ringside?
Speaker 2: I mean ring the ringside tickets are are already like taken up and sold out and everything, but there's still there's there's still there's still a couple of seats left on the on the east side of the on the east side, and on the media side, we've got.
Speaker 3: A we still got it.
Speaker 2: Oh there's Yeah, they're nearly they're actually nearly sold out, So get your tickets soon. Or you know what, maybe we'll just apply for media passes. Why not, please please do that?
Speaker 3: That would be great.
Speaker 2: Hey, jo T and Pravine help us out with some media passes for Maple Leaf Pro And hey, you know what, we'll we'll we'll represent you and everything, and hey, you know what, maybe we'll maybe we could even call a little bit of play by play for for for for the for the radio audience at home, because hey, if w W we can do it, eventually, everything else can.
Speaker 4: Hey, maybe you can also have a part two of your interview with Adam Copeland.
Speaker 3: Huh Oh, that'll be kind of fun. I would be that would be actually really really really good.
Speaker 2: Uh and uh, hey, you know what, a lot of things, a lot of good things that are happening in wrestling right now. And uh, hopefully we'll be able to do a show for next week. I know it, we'll be uh, we'll be going out of town, so and out of town a little bit of a kind of like a work vak uh but uh. But at the same time, hopefully we'll have some time next week to do uh, to talk a little bit more and uh uh tee up a little bit more about the things that are be coming up in the next month of professional wrestling. And but for now, Summer Slam. What is your grade I do, let's say, out of ten out of ten, you.
Speaker 3: Out of ten.
Speaker 4: I think I feel comfortable with an eight. I think that's pretty good. I think if I felt if I felt more hyped about it afterwards, i'd go nine or above. But I think it's a it's a pretty good eight. So my writing over here will be a seven point five. Actually, because I gave Night number one a seven, I gave Night number two and eight, So aggregate between the two of us, or to find the mean between the two of those at seven point five. But unlike you, I'm actually a little bit I'm actually a little bit more hyped up about what's going to be happening afterwards after this Summer Slam, the fall of the Summer Slam, especially since especially since La Night first of all, has he continues to have some great reactions from the crowd, and he's and and I and I think it's gonna be a lot of fun to see where La Night goes with that Chelsea Green. I can't wait to see what she does with that women's championship. Uh, that Integram Women's Championship rather Uh. Dan Housen of course, always gonna always gonna put a smile on my face. So yeah, so entertaining, and to me hasn't hasn't grown old to me yet, So I'm still very amused by Dan Housen.
Speaker 3: Mmmmm.
Speaker 2: And uh and and the uh, the the the current developments with the Bloodline story as well. Uh, somehow, somehow it still hits. It's been six years and the Bloodline story is still hot topic.
Speaker 4: And uh, you cannot outright dismiss the.
Speaker 3: The new next big thing lurking around the corner. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Obafemi's a threat to any championship right now, exactly exactly him.
Speaker 2: He he literally could squash Punk maybe in a couple of weeks. Who knows, We don't know. Only Chipple h would know. But we'll have to We'll have to leave it right there. And thank you for tuning in here on Sago nine sixty am and your favorite podcascher that was Chico. You can follow me Coca Collects and find his immense and epic collection of action figures in different different merch throughout the years as well, because it is quite epic. You can follow me at lextand Media. You can follow the show at Ringside Underscore Heat. That was episode two twenty four here on sagoine sixty am. Thank you to Jot and Pravin and thank you to you for listening to us here Ringside Heat.
Speaker 3: We remember the things that you probably forgot