Speaker 1: The Damon Runyan Theater.
Speaker 2: Once again, the Damon Runy in Theater brings you another story by the master storyteller, Damon Runya, and this one social error.
Speaker 1: And to tell it to you here is Broadway.
Speaker 3: Thanks well.
Speaker 4: It is one morning along about two in the am when I am sitting in the Hotbox Club talking of this and that with Miss Midgie Muldouk.
Speaker 5: Now, Midgie is not a crow by any means. Although she is only knee high to a Pomerini for short one, I never see a better looking dot and is well known to understand that more than several citizens would like.
Speaker 4: Nothing better than to hear Miss Midgie Muldoon speaking soft woods.
Speaker 5: To However, she has nothing to do with the various high shots.
Speaker 4: So while we are talking, she stops in the middle of a sentence and says.
Speaker 6: Oh, no, here he comes again.
Speaker 5: Here who comes again?
Speaker 6: Coming in the door? Jack Madigan, Oh handsome Jack, Handsome Jack. No wonder he's so conceited. Couldn't you find a better name for it?
Speaker 5: But you will have to admit that Fitz, I.
Speaker 6: Can't stand him. Of all the people I can't stand, he's right on top.
Speaker 7: He sees you. Migi.
Speaker 6: Please don't go way Broadly, no matter what he says.
Speaker 4: Well, Mitchie, handsome Jack is not a very good citizen to cross in any way.
Speaker 6: Don't leave me alone, please.
Speaker 5: What if he asked me to go not politely?
Speaker 6: I'll handle him, only don't leave me alone with him.
Speaker 4: So I stay because Mitchie asked me to. But I know it is not going to be comfortable, because handsome Jack Madigan always strikes me as a guy who is rough, and I always figured the best you can get out of citizens like that is the worst of it.
Speaker 5: However, I sit tight, and it is because.
Speaker 4: I do that I am in on the beginning of a very strange story, indeed, one which I will tell you in a minute.
Speaker 2: I am now back to the Damon Runyon Theater and the famous story social error.
Speaker 4: Like guys say, I sit tight because Midgie Muldoon does not wish to be alone with handsome Jack Madigan.
Speaker 5: Well, it takes him maybe two seconds to come across the floor. He looks down and says.
Speaker 3: Hi, Mitgie, I was fine.
Speaker 7: Broadway how it.
Speaker 5: Thinks, ups and downs mostly down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you got something to do Broadway, Not a thing, Jack.
Speaker 5: I am just whiling away the wee hours of the morning.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well they are pretty wee by now, and you look tired. Maybe you better beat it and crawl in the kip. I am not sleeping, I think you are.
Speaker 2: No, he is not going.
Speaker 7: You want him to stay.
Speaker 6: He's the only one I want to stay.
Speaker 7: Why do you keep giving me the brush? Midgie?
Speaker 6: It's the only thing for Dandre.
Speaker 7: Look, there ain't nothing wrong with me.
Speaker 6: Nothing that that be on yourself wouldn't cure.
Speaker 7: You got me wrong?
Speaker 6: I wait a minute. I've told you a dozen times I don't like you. I never will like it, So please don't hang around me. Don't send me flowers, candy, jewelry. I like to all right, so you'll keep getting them back.
Speaker 7: Look, just talk to me for a while without giving me the knife, will you? No?
Speaker 6: Good night Broadway and thanks for your copy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so long?
Speaker 7: Would you? Midgie? What I can maybe get your.
Speaker 6: Cab thirty dollars cabs on the street. I can locate one of them.
Speaker 8: Like always, I am poisoned to it, and I am a fourteen carrot golden laid sap for making a plate for it. There are a million dollars that would roll over and sit up if I give him a tumble.
Speaker 4: Well, Jack, do you ever think that maybe miss Midgie Modoom thinks that you think she is one of those dollars.
Speaker 7: I can never figure dolls. Maybe you do like that?
Speaker 8: Huh yeah yeah broad Way, Maybe I do.
Speaker 5: But you are not the only one.
Speaker 4: She puts the frost, non the pale faced kid, Red Henry big.
Speaker 7: Sam Bums two bit characters ain't one two in it with me? I see what do you see?
Speaker 4: Maybe if you lay off being such a tough character for a while, she will think different.
Speaker 7: What are you giving me?
Speaker 5: Well, she will have nothing to do with anybody who is not legitimate.
Speaker 7: That is why I say I can never figure dolls.
Speaker 3: I can neverbody ever figures a doal Jenk? Hi your bird?
Speaker 1: Well, well they've the dudes.
Speaker 9: Hi, when is your beef?
Speaker 3: Jenkins?
Speaker 7: Never mind?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, keep it to yourself.
Speaker 5: We are just talking about Midgie Modoom.
Speaker 3: Ah face bass is still a long way off.
Speaker 7: I Jenkin, shut up, I'll see you late.
Speaker 9: She just think of it, handsome Jack Madigan sour enough because of a Donald.
Speaker 5: Maybe he is on the level.
Speaker 3: Jack like a cork screwed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I look, Dave, I see a lot of guys, tough guys, high shots.
Speaker 3: So so each one of them has.
Speaker 5: Got a place inside where things can hurt.
Speaker 3: Not Jack, maybe, okay, maybe, but until I see that guy do something by somebody, something that does not figure to put him and I went an end. I say he is not level. And they do not blame Mitgie muldoon for passing up by case of measles like that guy.
Speaker 4: Well, somehow I figured that day the dude is wrong about Jack, because there is something in the way Jack looks at Migie that makes me think.
Speaker 5: Here is a guy who is well lighted inside with what the poets call the old love light.
Speaker 4: He continues to be soft for her, and she continues to walk past him like he is someplace else. Then it is about a week later in the hot box club, which Dave the Dude o'ts I'm sitting with Dave and Jack when the scene is as fun as.
Speaker 3: Nice crowd tonight, very nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it is certainly not the food that brings them in.
Speaker 3: You what don't know better than to eat an here?
Speaker 4: Well, I think maybe because you are a friend of mine, the sandwich will not be all rubber and wood.
Speaker 7: Hey, Dave, there is your friend again.
Speaker 9: Huh ah. The Makyle Dame humhm. Every night she comes in.
Speaker 8: She is not choicy about her dancing parts, high society stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Harriet mackiel.
Speaker 4: It seems to me I remember her getting into quite a few newspapers for one thing or another.
Speaker 9: Yeah, one thing of another.
Speaker 7: Dancing with Red Henry.
Speaker 5: There is something I cannot understand.
Speaker 4: And now, with all the toy in the world, and she dances with tough guys no offense, Dave Jack.
Speaker 3: She thinks it is smart romanty. She goes back towards society friends and tells them she dances with a safe flower.
Speaker 4: I think if I wish to dance with a safe flower, and I do not think that is likely, I will pick a nicer one than read Henry.
Speaker 9: Funny, ain't it him? Is this Mickyle Dane.
Speaker 3: She can take a pick of any society guy she wants, but she puts on the eye for guys like Ved Henry. So him is a guy like handsome Jack. He goes for a kid like Miggie Muldoon who will have nothing to do with hot shots.
Speaker 7: This let us leave me out of it. Huh sure, shure.
Speaker 3: But it is still very funny. And to make it even funnier, there is a guy named Basil Valentine.
Speaker 5: That is a name or a greeting guy.
Speaker 9: He stings for magazines. Now he wants to be tough, but is as mild as they come. He goes for the Mikyle Dame, who will have nothing to do with him. In fact, he never even meets it.
Speaker 7: Everything is all twisted around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure is that Basil Valentine just sits here every night looking at the Mikyle Dane.
Speaker 7: Right now, she is looking at us.
Speaker 3: Then the one she comes over, you win your bet. She is looking at you, so she is looking at me. So what I see? You look like that before? Jack, you were about to be romantic.
Speaker 7: Nuts. She does not look like a million to me.
Speaker 5: No, but she has a few good evening day.
Speaker 3: Oh well, why are you, Miss McConn.
Speaker 8: Just fine, thank you.
Speaker 3: I don't believe i've met this gentleman. No, well, this is handsome Jack Madigan, May Jack, Miss mcind.
Speaker 7: How do you do good?
Speaker 3: This is Broadway? How are you am getting along?
Speaker 7: I hope you don't think I'm intruding? Not in that dress?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Hey sir, Miss McCann, thank you having a good time a little boy? May I have a cigarette? Mister Madigan?
Speaker 7: Help yourself light? Sure?
Speaker 8: So you're the famous handsome Jack Madigan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, real famous.
Speaker 3: Look I got some weight that don't enjoy yourselves?
Speaker 7: Yeah, see you later, Dave. Goodbye, Dave.
Speaker 1: Do you live near here, mister Broadway?
Speaker 7: Not far away?
Speaker 9: I was just asking, why, no reason in particular.
Speaker 7: Where do you live, miss macau.
Speaker 9: Why don't you call me Harriet?
Speaker 7: Okay, Harriet? Why did you ask me where I live? No reason? In particular? You're not very friendly, are you? Jack? Sometimes I am very friendly?
Speaker 6: I see I.
Speaker 3: Oh, I do wish that man in the horn room glasses would stop staring at me? Which one that one by himself at the table?
Speaker 7: Oh him Valentine. Every place I go there he is, he annoys me.
Speaker 9: It's possible, Miss mcgaul. What do you mean nothing at door?
Speaker 3: Not to do? I'm going to speak to Dave about that Valentine person.
Speaker 7: Oh, perhaps you'd do me a favor, Jay, like what?
Speaker 3: I don't like that man staring at me?
Speaker 6: Oh do you think it's funny?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 8: Because if you think I am going over there and talk to bad bassle, you are crazy. Talk to who bad Vassal Valentine bad Dazzle? Sure why he will kill anyone quicker than you can say scat that harns looking man, Miss Michael, Bad Basil can scarcely sleep good any night. He does not kill some guys?
Speaker 5: Jack, what are you saying?
Speaker 8: It is all right Broadway, Miss Michael. Here is a friend we can talk about bad Basstle.
Speaker 5: But he he seems so gentle.
Speaker 8: Looking, Miss Michael, I once know a hood who is so gentle looking that the people mistake him for a spaniel.
Speaker 7: But he ends up in the chair at singson.
Speaker 5: Miss michaiel you asked me a minute ago where I lived. I am now going there? Good night?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, I'll go.
Speaker 7: Maybe you would like to meet bad Basil.
Speaker 6: Huh well yes, but later, good night?
Speaker 7: Good night.
Speaker 5: Jack. The sandwich you eat is not that bad?
Speaker 7: What is the matter? I fix it up with the guy? Do I not? Who knows what will happen?
Speaker 5: Now you are so right? Who knows what will happen?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: Jake thinks it is very funny that he tells Miss Harriet Mikail that Bassil Valentine is a hot shot.
Speaker 5: Never does he imagine how this is going to affect him and Miss Midgie will do. But it does, and in a very strange way.
Speaker 4: And how this happens starts one night in midday's when I am sitting there and Dave the dude comes over to me and says, I have.
Speaker 3: Been looking on for you, Brodwayne.
Speaker 9: Well here I am.
Speaker 5: What is on your mind, Dave?
Speaker 3: And what are you doing? Then after tomorrow, if all.
Speaker 5: Goes well, I will still be breathing and maybe sitting right here.
Speaker 3: Why when I go to a party, Nope, I ask you to, I will be glad to good.
Speaker 9: Miss Harriett Mackiel is throwing one.
Speaker 4: Harriet Michael. I'll wait a minute, Dave, I belong there like I belong in the White House.
Speaker 3: A lot of your friends will be there, and Henry Harry Dohors, Mitsie the pale faced kid.
Speaker 5: Some of those citizens are so hot.
Speaker 4: It might be a farewell party before they leave on paid vacations at various institution.
Speaker 3: I know, but she thinks it is pretty cute to line up boys like that.
Speaker 9: It gives us something to talk about.
Speaker 5: Look, Dave, I would like to do you a favor and.
Speaker 3: Be there, But she is a good customer, and I would not like her to feel that my friends do not appreciate her hospitality. What time do I get there? Anytime?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: And by the way, yeah, where is Basil Valentine? I do not know what she wants him, especially and this I cannot figure. She'll be empty hers and rough citizens. So why does she want him?
Speaker 4: I think I know, Dave, this is going to be a very strange party. Indeed, and how right I am even I do not know what the time I say it. Furthermore, I do not wish to be at that party, but Dave is a very good friend of mine, and I like to do him favors, especially since he is likely to resent it if I refuse. So I go, and what happens there I will tell you in a minute.
Speaker 2: I'm now back to the Damon Runyan Theatre and the famous story social error.
Speaker 5: Like I say, I do not wish to offend Dave, would dude? So I show up at Miss.
Speaker 4: Harriet Macyl's fire, so do quite a few other sisters, while not in Who's who?
Speaker 7: But no, what's what?
Speaker 4: Especially if it is look, I am very surprised to see Miss Midgie Modoma, So I ask him why she comes, and she says, as fun as Dave asked.
Speaker 6: Me to come Broadway.
Speaker 5: I always think you never associate with hot.
Speaker 6: Shots, Migie, I don't, but Billy Dave's wife is a friend of mine. I couldn't say no.
Speaker 5: I guess you know Jack is gonna be here. Well, what if he is.
Speaker 6: Is he missed Mikile's latest?
Speaker 7: Well not exactly.
Speaker 6: I think he might like her.
Speaker 4: If you will look at her now, you will see that she is more than somewhat interested in bad Basil.
Speaker 7: Who bad battle Basil. Now I'm bye.
Speaker 5: You're cuted.
Speaker 6: That's a man who always hangs around.
Speaker 5: Dave's layer, but now he is bad Buzzle. I don't understand what it is like this.
Speaker 7: Hello Broadway Gie, Oh Jack, excuse me Broadway. No wait a second, Mitgie, No look, why do you not give me a break?
Speaker 6: Why don't you ask miss Mikiele for one?
Speaker 7: I am asking you, don't. I do not mind you brush, but do not laugh.
Speaker 6: It's very funny, handsome Jack Madigan letting Basil Valentine beat his time.
Speaker 1: Huh ah.
Speaker 8: The joke is on you, Midgie. As a matter of fact, I fix it up. I tell him Mikyle Donald Basil is a number one tough citizen. She believes me, and then' I what sure? I give the guy a break?
Speaker 6: Aren't you the big humorist? Anything for a laugh? Oh?
Speaker 7: No way?
Speaker 6: That poor little guy thinks he's going big. What will happen to him when she finds out?
Speaker 7: Why should you be blessed?
Speaker 6: Because I think it's a miserable trick.
Speaker 7: It is a gas.
Speaker 6: Sooner or later she'll find out what he really is and the two of you can have a big laugh at it.
Speaker 7: Look, Miggie, I did not mean for this to spread so sick. How do I know that Dame is gonna swallow?
Speaker 6: But she did. Now I'll tell you something. At first I couldn't stand the side of you. Then I thought, well, maybe you might be.
Speaker 9: On a level.
Speaker 6: But this puts me right back where I.
Speaker 7: Was with that.
Speaker 5: Midgie walks away and Jack looks after her like a dog that is lost. I know now that he is really level.
Speaker 4: Also, I know that he tips Basil to the gang, and this makes Basil happy because he.
Speaker 5: Figures that Mikyle Dow will now fall for it.
Speaker 4: The next thing I know, I hear Basil telling her how he knocks off ten hoods one weekend while he is on a pleasure trip, and I see she is looking at him with some respect. But in the meantime Jack is doing nothing but mooning a round. Then along about two am I am standing with Jack and the scene.
Speaker 5: Is as follows.
Speaker 7: Everybody has a good time, but.
Speaker 5: Me, Jack. I wish to ask you something, and I wish to hear the truth. You are really serious about midgie?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am broad Way. I gotta do something to show her. I ain't too bad. I just hey, Jack, I have been looking for you, Okay, Red Henry here I am.
Speaker 9: Look, I'm doing all right with a Mikyle dame.
Speaker 7: You stick your nose in, go away, you get too much in the last class.
Speaker 9: I'm telling you I was doing all right. I heard about that gag with a Valentine Carricter.
Speaker 7: I tell you go away. You never do like me, So you do this, you queer me. You are right, I never do like you.
Speaker 9: Happy, But I'm going to tip the mcyle doll.
Speaker 7: See why do you not go away and clean up.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna fix it all up.
Speaker 7: Look, Red, leave the little guy have his fun. He his nuts about the dame. What are you kidd?
Speaker 10: I was doing all right.
Speaker 7: I don't like your nose sticking in away.
Speaker 4: Get lost, take a cure ashore because you cannot get the dog you want or your queer it for me.
Speaker 7: Shut up?
Speaker 9: You were heated up from Mitchie muldoon, but you get the frog.
Speaker 4: Cut it out, Handsome Jack Maddigan sitting on the back porch and the doors.
Speaker 5: Lock right red, you and I will take a little walk.
Speaker 7: There was a terrorist.
Speaker 5: I bet you've never seen New York from this high up.
Speaker 7: Shut up Broadway.
Speaker 3: He knows I am right.
Speaker 7: How does it feel to be chilled off? Jack? I will show you. Jack mcarty is going the rock. Get back Broadway. See what it killed me? Shut the door? Somebody shut him? You you you shut him? He is all right. I hit him in the hand, Jack, Look, maybe I better go.
Speaker 3: I will pay call us Radder.
Speaker 7: You are right. Hit my hand, that is all. There will be a terrible skin. Will not worsen everybody?
Speaker 5: Quiet?
Speaker 3: What happens here goes no fighter? Get it broad Way? Yeah, Dave, get the phone, call for my car. Sure you better be the jack.
Speaker 7: And look, Dave, I gotta.
Speaker 6: Explain, Handsome Jack Madigan.
Speaker 7: Parlor tough guy, Magee.
Speaker 6: I wonder what else you'll think I have to impress people.
Speaker 4: Well, the little affair is hushed up because none of the citizens there wish to answer questions, especially if they are asked by genders, and Miss Harriet Michiel is glad to listen to Day the dude because she does not wish the publicity. Red Henry is hustled a way, and it turns out the shot in the hand is nothing at all, because Jack is pretty fair with the rod just shoots the pistola out of Red's hand.
Speaker 5: However, he figures he is all washed up with Miss Midgie Muldoon.
Speaker 4: Then it is one night and I, Dave and Jack are sitting in Middy's when who comes up at Bassel Valentine and says.
Speaker 10: I'm very sorry to intrude, but I must speak to you.
Speaker 7: You look, you caused me enough trouble.
Speaker 10: I'm terribly sorry, but I've got to talk to you.
Speaker 9: I let him sit down. Jack thanks, How is bad?
Speaker 7: Basil him?
Speaker 9: Well, that's what I want to talk about, Carssel.
Speaker 5: Do you not tell Miss Harriet Mikaile the truth?
Speaker 7: No, I I've let her go on believing.
Speaker 3: I'm what you told her I was so what happens when she finds out the truth?
Speaker 7: I asked her her to marry me, and she said she would.
Speaker 9: What you are kidding?
Speaker 7: Oh, you have but she she wants me to.
Speaker 10: Correct something before we go away to be married.
Speaker 9: Come like something?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 7: She?
Speaker 10: She says that Jack committed a socially when he shot Red Henry the other night. Jack, you you've got to let me do something about it. If you don't know, I'll lose her.
Speaker 7: Okay. I will go to her and say you made me apologizeal but that's not enough.
Speaker 10: I have to strike you or something.
Speaker 7: Okay, strike me, but in front of her, Basil? What Dave?
Speaker 3: You go back until I damn the truth?
Speaker 10: I can't, Dave Jack Broadway eye.
Speaker 7: I love her that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you will get over it.
Speaker 7: No, no, wait a minute, Dave Bassel, Yes, how would you like to shoot me? Shoot you? Yeah? Say in Dave's place night after tonight.
Speaker 8: I am not interested. I'm making a shooting gallery out of the hot box. I got an idea. Listen, nobody gets hurt. You bring the doll to the hot box. They've close up the place to outside customers early. What do you get that Basil comes in with the Mikayle dial seize me, pulls a rod, that's me?
Speaker 7: Have it?
Speaker 10: Oh no, no, I I might hit you.
Speaker 7: Not with blanks in the gun.
Speaker 10: You'll really do this for me?
Speaker 7: Sure? Why not?
Speaker 10: I'll never forget it, Jae.
Speaker 7: Go now beat it, God, get yourself a gun with blanks.
Speaker 5: Right away, Jack?
Speaker 10: Right away?
Speaker 9: Well, well, well, how do you like this what gets sent to you?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 7: All? Maybe maybe I know just how the little guy feels.
Speaker 4: At first, Dave is more than somewhat concerned about the whole thing, but then he begins to get a kick on it. It seems that Jack will fall down like you's here, Vasil will leave with Miss Harriet Michael, and everything will be fine. But as they say in books, quite a few things are liable to go.
Speaker 5: Wrong, and often do. Now I and Dave tell nobody about this arrangement, and it comes up two nights.
Speaker 9: Later that we are in the hot box.
Speaker 4: The only citizens there are those we know, and this includes Miss Mitchie muldoon I and Jack and Dave are waiting and the scene is.
Speaker 9: As fun as now.
Speaker 3: You are sure everything is all right?
Speaker 7: Chair? Sure? Sure? I get in touch with Basil. This morning. He is bringing the dame here. I am standing here with my back to the door.
Speaker 4: You know, something tells me I would not trust that little guy with a dud firecracker, much less a rascals.
Speaker 7: Stop worrying, Will you.
Speaker 3: Can't get bunny?
Speaker 9: Chance? Here they come.
Speaker 5: But it's all the same to you. I will step back out of the way.
Speaker 9: Yeah, go ahead, Here he comes.
Speaker 7: The muzzle of the gun he.
Speaker 5: Is holding is going in circles.
Speaker 7: Adan, Yeah, turn around. I do not want to shoot you in the back. Oh, hey, do not shoot me, bad basil, you've made your last social era. Look, give me a break, bad bassl Oh, you're going to get it. Jack got Jack Mitchie, get back you Jack Jack Mitch. Oh, you spoil the whole thing. She just hit shot you stepped in front of me.
Speaker 10: Please, she did what happened by this?
Speaker 7: Don't let me see that. Where did you get this? Well? I didn't have a gun.
Speaker 10: I borrowed this one from Red Henny Red Henry Red loaded it with blanks.
Speaker 7: I saw him. He thought it was a big joke. Going to help me.
Speaker 3: He pulled the switch. My luck. You'll get out of here.
Speaker 9: Go on, what the girl, We'll take care of that, and you, miss Mikyle maybe and I got.
Speaker 3: Enough of being cured.
Speaker 7: I didn't think he'd do it, but I did.
Speaker 3: Now get out, and if you ever come in this place again, I will patiently escort you through.
Speaker 9: The door on the end of my foot.
Speaker 7: But we better go, Harriet.
Speaker 10: And and I've got something to tell you, Migie.
Speaker 5: We have got to get you to a hospital.
Speaker 6: I'll be all right, Jack, you.
Speaker 7: You're not hurt. He stepped in front of me. Why met you?
Speaker 6: Why I held out as long as I could.
Speaker 4: Well, Midgie is only hitting the shoulder and turns out okay, and Dave fixes it, so everything is smooth over. Of course, no one is more surprised than Jack when he finds out that Midgie is in love with him.
Speaker 5: However, that is not the end of the story. The payoff comes later, and what it is I will.
Speaker 1: Tell you in a minute.
Speaker 5: It is a month after little party at the hot Box.
Speaker 4: That I am sitting at Middy's enjoying some marinate of herring when I am joined by Dave, the dude, who sits down and watches me for a minute and then says nice sweating, Oh oh, Jack, And Midgie's Yeah, it is very nice.
Speaker 5: They make a fine couple.
Speaker 3: Well is a good boy. She talks him into going legitimate.
Speaker 4: Well, he's in love. We have got to make allowances for that. It is very funny that we do not hear from Basil Valentine and the Mikayal day Oh.
Speaker 9: I almost forgot that they get married too.
Speaker 4: She marries him, but she finds out about the whole thing, and he is far from being a tough citizen.
Speaker 3: She is selling relieved to find out that Dazzle is not tough and is not apt to go around shooting people. That she marries him. However, she takes no chances like what it seems. She will not allow him to associate with anybody over ten years of age, and she will not allow him to hold anything more dangerous than a new black.
Speaker 2: And so ends the famous Damon Runyon story Social Error, listening again next week for.
Speaker 1: The Damon Runyon Theater. The Damon Runyon.
Speaker 2: Theater with John Brown as Broadway is directed by Richard Sandville and the story is adapted for radio by Russell Hughes.
Speaker 1: Bern Carstensen is in charge of production. This is a Mayfair production.