Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't mean to offend any of our listeners in the Great Northwest, but boy, there's been a couple of weird stories that have come out of Idaho in the last couple of days.
Speaker 3: You had the guy up in the hillt Mountains who up close to the Canadian border, who decides to set a fire in the forest. You get a little bit warm up in that neck of the wood, so he's got a pretty good fire going and he's, uh, he's popping. Firefighters killed two firefighters and the third is in tough shape. This was a horrific case, but not that any case is more or less horrific. But I can't think of a worse case than the case of Brian Coburger. This is a guy who you remember, I mean, he was the guy that that now is pleading guilty to killing four students four students at the University of Idaho, one man and three women. This was near in Moscow, Idaho, which is a community that I have some familiarity with. Worked with a couple of people from Moscow, Idaho in the business, people whose names you would know, but We'll leave that for another day. And so this guy, basically up close and personal, Okay, nearly three years after the murders, set to go to trial in August, He for years and years and years has fought against it. I'm sure you remember all of the publicity when it occurred. At these these students were killed, we assume by an individual. We didn't know who it was, and there was some great police work done that spotted his car. He was a student at another nearby college, and he now, according to everything that I've read, has decided to reach a plea deal to avoid the death penalty. According to a letter that prosecutors sent to relatives of the victims. Are reading from a piece written out of The New York Times from yesterday. I also have an associated press piece here that I'm relying upon. I didn't cover this story closely. We didn't do too much about it, but I want to talk about it tonight. The New York Times articles by two reporters, Mike Baker and Nicholas Bogel borrows Colberger had been set to go on trial murder in August, nearly three years after the killing. So the killings were I believe in November of twenty twenty two, there was a hearing set for this Wednesday. In a letter to the victims' families on Monday, prosecutors said mister Coberger's defense team had asked for a plea offer last week. Under the proposed agreement, which must be approved by the judge in this case, and that's an important element, Coberger would plead guilty to all charges and be sentenced to four consecutive life sentences and waive all rights to appeal. This guy obviously doesn't want the death penalty. Now, the people who he killed, they were young. He was thirty at the time, which is young, okay, But he killed and I want to mention their names, Ethan Chapin, Zana Kernoodle, Madison Mogan, and Kaylee Consalvus at a rental home near the camp in Moscow, Idaho. This was in November twenty twenty two. Autopsy showed the four were all likely asleep when they were attacked the coward that this guy is. Some had defensive wounds and each was stabbed multiple times. Now, of course, at the time, no one could figure out how does one person get into a house and kill four people without waking others, and apparently the phone call to the police didn't occur until seven hours The crime occurred apparently like at three point thirty four o'clock four point thirty in the morning, and the police were not called until very late in the morning. He was a criminal justice graduate student at Washington State University in Washington. He was arrested in Pennsylvania weeks after the killing. Investigators said that they matched his DNA to genetic material recovered from a knife sheep to the crime scene. Some of this might be coming back to you. The killing shook the small farming community of about twenty five thousand people. It's pretty good size for farming community. In a letter cited by In the letterative family cited by EBC, prosecutors said his lawyers approached them again seeking the plea deal, and under the proposed agreement, the prosecutor said they met with available family members last week before deciding to make Colberger an offer. So wait a second, his lawyers come and say, hey, make us an offer. We can't refuse, And so the prosecutors out there, instead of saying yeah, we'll make you an offer. You can have grapefruit juice or orange juice. The morning of your execution. No, they turned around and they said, Okay, plead guilty to everything, and you'll get consecutive sentences. So bot it's interesting when you think about it. He's years old. I guess he was twenty seven at the time. The people who he killed wereng like twenty one, twenty two. I'll get the numbers for you if you add up their ages. He killed people who had lived about eighty years and then yeah, the ages. Two of the victims were twenty one and two of the victims were twenty. They had spent a typical Saturday night out near the university campus and returned to the house in the early hours of Sunday a roommate. This is according to the New York Times article. A roommate who survived the attack said she heard what sounded like crying coming from a room of one of the women. She later told police that she had opened a door and seen a man with bushy eyebrows in black clothes and a mask. The man left the house, and the roommate began texting with another surviving roommate downstairs before taking refuge in her room, but neither she nor anyone else called the police until more than seven hours later a friend came to the house and discovered the body of one of the victims. In the years before the killings, Coburger eleven the Times reversed to everybody as mister, I'm not going to do that. Coburger indicated he was interested in studying criminals. In a message to a friend in twenty eighteen, he wrote that he would like a job dealing with high profile offenders. Oh, you're going to deal with high profile offenders now. A few months before the murders, he posted on Reddit asking people who had spent time in prison to describe their thoughts, motions, and actions from the beginning to end of the crime commission process. Okay, I think we can say. He was a criminology PhD student at Washington State University, but it was just about a twenty minute drive from the crime scene. He had grown up in Pennsylvania study psychology and college. He was arrested in December of twenty two at his parents' home in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, about six weeks after the killing. Now defense team had tried to suppress some of the evidence, including the knight sheaf found at the cream the scene of the crime, and that record show he had purchased a knife of that kind of matching the sheath in the months before the killings. Video footage showed a car similar to his circling the neighborhood around the time of the debts. I believe that it was the car that was then found in a parking lot at his university in the state of Washington. So my question is pretty simple, Okay the families. Gonsalves's family expressed outrage in a Facebook post. We're beyond furious at the State of Idaho. They have failed us. Please give us some time. This was very unexpected. I'm sure the other families are feeling very much the same way. I can't imagine how they must feel tonight. The prosecutor said, this resolution is our sincere attempt to seek justice for your family. Really, this agreement insures the defendant will be convicted, will spend the rest of his life in prison, and will not be able to put you and other family members through the uncertainty of decades of post conviction appeals. Your viewpoints weighed heavily in our decision making process, and we hope that you may come to appreciate. Why believe this, Why we believe this resolution is in the best interest of judges in idahop judges may reject plea agreements, though such moves are rare. If a judge rejects a plea agreement, the defendant is allowed to withdraw his guilty plea. Obviously that was untrue. That is absolutely true. There would be no reason for the guilty flee to remain. Bottom line is I want to hear from you in this one, this punk. He took four lives of four people who were you know, several eight years his junior. He was twenty seven or so at the time. He's thirty. Now. Yeah, he'll spend the rest of his life in jail. He'll probably end up in the supermax in Colorado. As one of these high profile killers. How can he be put into a general population. I don't think that's possible. They should have tried this case, and since in Idaho the people of Idaho have a death penalty, he should have been executed in my opinion, because of the crime that he committed. This was not a crime of passion. This was not a barroom fight in which somebody hit their head. This was killing four beautiful young people, literally as they slept. You could not have a more cowardly action by an individual, in my opinion, to take the lives of four innocent young people six seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. First of all, should this judge accept the appeal, we'll probably not geting much impact in Idaho, to be honest with you, but I think the fact that we can talk about it maybe somehow, some way it might impact the judge. I don't know. I'm sure that the prosecutors are going to do the very best they can and the judge gets to dispose of the case and moves on. But I don't think this is fair to the memories of the victims. I really don't. And this is another case where clearly this guy has admitted his guilt. You might say he's just a sick animal to have done this. Okay, that's fine. You want to convict him, and you want to spare him the death penalty because he's a sick animal. I'm okay with that, but I'm not okay with using the death penalty as a bargaining ship. This guy is clearly guilty, and he has used the presence of the death penalty in Idaho to get a sweeter deal from his prosecution. There was no way he is going to be acquitted none whatsoever. Back on Nightside six one seven, two ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I know idols of our far away placement is part of the United States of America and this should not stand. Coming back on Nightside, it's Nightside with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio. Or let's go to the phones. Let's go to Gideon in Franklin, Massachusetts. Gideon, welcome to Nightside. How are you?
Speaker 4: I don't I'm okay. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing just great? So what what? What do you think is going on out here? I mean, I don't understand why prosecutors would not be interested in, uh in, in following through on this this trial.
Speaker 4: I agree, I fully agree. You know, I'm from England. We don't have the death penalty there, and the death penalty I think is a little alien to me. But you know what, if there was ever a kay where someone deserved it, it's this one. Yeah, you know, I mean that's what I think.
Speaker 3: You know, this is not the thing that's amazing about this is that any one of us who went to college, or who has children who went to college, or has grandchildren who are in college, now they can understand that you're a You're in a house and there's a you know, three or four bedrooms and people are off in different rooms. And this guy comes in in the dead of knight wearing a mask with a knife at four o'clock in the morning with intention to kill. This is not some guy who got into a fight because everybody had too much to drink and push somebody off the second floor roof and the he killed four people in usually up close and personal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the factor, isn't it. It's the It's the not mitigating the opposite, the aggravating factors, you know, laying in wait.
Speaker 3: Yes, driving around and he must have been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know what happened for four children. I mean, you know, and this is big news. I was amazed because I thought he was going to go to trial. But if I was the family, I would be outraged right now, I really would.
Speaker 3: And I feel for them, well, some of them are get in I don't know if I've had you on as a caller before.
Speaker 4: You a new Yeah, I called about Karen Reid.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, all right, so we got you back. That's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I called and I said I didn't think she was a murderer. And I think that that that case turned out the way it should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, you know as well as I do. I just want to make a quick comment that when the jury comes back in this country, they never say innocent. Hers might be a case of actual innocence, I get it, but the jury officially said simply not guilty. Different in English. What brought you over here to this country? Are you over here for good or working? Or what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'll tell you. My son has autism. He was diagnosed at age five in nineteen ninety eight. So we came, we came to America. We came to the to Boston, to the Boston Higashi scored because he has autism, and he had he's had the most amazing therapy and you know, he's still I wouldn't say he's recovered completely, but he'd learned to talk and he's done really well. So yeah, we came over here for Joshua, my son, who's well, he's thirty two now, and he lives. He lives over here and he's doing really well.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's fabulous. And I is he in a group home of some sort? I assume is it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's in a group home during the week, but he comes home on weekends, so he comes to mind the other weekend, and his mother's every other weekend and vacation, so you know, he's based in the group home, but he sees you know, he sees me every other weekend and we have we have great life.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of parents who have children with autism, and the parents are the most amazing people that I've ever met, to be really honest with you, and I mean that seriously. Uh. There's a school in Southborough that that deals with uh, you know, young people with autism. Uh.
Speaker 4: And they do the New England Center.
Speaker 3: New England Center for Children. Yes, I've done some fundraising with them and made appearances with them, and my family, to the best of my knowledge, has never been touched by autism, even extended members of my family. But the parents of those children at the New England school, and I'm sure, like you and your wife, you work on behalf of your child and it's it's an amazing it's an amazing experience to watch from the outside. And I just think that my hat's off to you, Gideon, and to your wife and to your son, and.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. Well, I'll tell him you said so, he would appreciate it. He hit the main center. So we're very lucky, really very lucky. But thank you.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it well, Gideon, thank you, and continue to call my program. And I really appreciate you participating tonight.
Speaker 4: Well, absolutely well, thank you, Dan, have a good one.
Speaker 3: You too, Gideon. Goodnight. We have great callers. We have a great, great group of callers here on this program, and so i'd like you to become a caller. If you've never called before, please identify yourself as a first time caller, because that's how we spread our audience a little bit and how we bring more people into the tent, the proverbial tent of Nightside. We're talking about the case of Brian Colberger. He is the criminal who decided on one Saturday night Sunday morning in November of twenty twenty two that he wanted to kill some people, and he killed four young people, four innocent young people, each of them killed while they slept, and you know, when you're in the in a deep sleep, imagine what it's like to wake up and realize someone is there stabbing you. You don't even know, you don't even know if it's a dream or reality, and by time you figure it out, it's too late. So he knew exactly when he wanted to do, what he wanted to do, and how he wanted to do it. And now we'll get to Hidie in Beverly. I don't want to short cut, short change Hidi in Beverly because we're coming up on a newscast and just turned nine thirty, so we're going to take the news. We have Haidi and Beverly, we have Matt and Franklin. There'll be our second call from Franklin tonight and I got room for you. It's six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. We will be back on night side right after the news break. I'd like to know from you. Are you as upset as I am that this I'm just not going to say what I really want to say. But this individual is able to escape the death penalty, which is available in Idaho by simply copying a plea so that he will serve four consecutive life sentences. He'll never get out. I hope they put him in general population, but he'll never be in general population either. Uh. And I'm sure that he will have his groupie fans who will be in touch with him, just like Luigi Mangioni has his groupie fans that I don't understand. But that's a story for another night. Here comes the news, be right back on Nightside, coming back. We got some lines six one, seven, two, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine three, one thirty. Later on tonight, we're going to talk about Trump's Big Beautiful Bill, which has at least in one incarnation past the Senate. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 5: Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's Use Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go to Heidi and Beverly. How do your thoughts on what's going on out in Idaho with this murderer. I think copping a sweet deal.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I totally agree with you. I think that the judge would reject the plea deal. I mean, I'm a mother of five. I can't even imagine what these parents are going through. I mean, it's horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my that's my sense of your.
Speaker 6: Child death penalty. Why shouldn't he get the death penalty? And I'm not a proponent of the death penalty, but in this case, i am, it.
Speaker 3: Says the family of Kayleie Gonzales.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The local one of the.
Speaker 3: Victims criticized the prosecution team for failing to consult with the families, some of them had worked to change Idaho law to allow the firing square as a form of capital punishment. After more than two years, he should get it. Yeah, I just want to quote from them, they say, after more than two years, this is how it concludes, with a secretive deal and a hurried effort to close the case without any input from the victims' families on the plea details. The consolv family said in a statement and their letters of the family, prosecutors wrote, the plea deal was our sincere attempt to seek justice, justice for you.
Speaker 6: Well, the judge still has the opportunity to, you know, prove that whole thing, which I'm hoping he does well. And I take people in the country gets upset about it, then they should, well.
Speaker 3: I have this judge has some courage and if he does. He should get a Profile and Courage award from the from the Kennedy Library, although he probably won't, it'll be interesting. I don't know that the court system in Idaho. I have some friends in that hole, so I have a little knowledge of the state. But they've just had these horrible incidents. This incident and the one over the weekend with a guy set a fire so that firefighters will come up.
Speaker 6: And my son's a firefighter in devl A, you know, so it's really upsetting that he could be ambushed going to a call, you know, to save people's lives. That I totally agree with you. I think that the judges stick up and say, now we're not going to allow a plea deal. And as I said previously, I'm not a proponent of the death penalty, but in this case I am.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm with you. I'm with you, Heidi. I hope you continue to call my program. I need your voice as well.
Speaker 6: And thank you so much for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for calling in, and also thank you for having five children, one of whom is a firefighter. A great public servant, those are the real you know, when the politicians call themselves public servants, I laugh at that. The real public servants of the firefighters, police officers, and EMTs uh and those who put themselves in Yeah, the wod guys danger you got it. The good guys and the good gals too. Thank you, Heidi, appreciate you all have a great name. Thank you, good welcome, by good night, by bye. Okay, let's keep rolling here. And as they say, one line at six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, and we got one at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Let me go back to the calls, and we're going to bring Matt in Franklin, Massachusetts up. Matt, welcome to Night's side. Neither the second caller from Franklin Tonight, Matt going ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I personally think this is more like a financial decision for the state of Idaho than more than anything else. I mean, there's not like a state that has a lot of money for those state and local government, and this trial's gonna cost millions of dollars and be like a show, and they seem to like just want to avoid and get over number. Hopefully the judge tosses out now you hope.
Speaker 3: I don't know if judges in different states for judges. It's different. So in some states judges are appointed by the governor, as they are here in Massachusetts. In some other states they stand for election. If this is an elected judge, I hope that he will be listening to us what his constituents would say. And I think, just on the principle, it's not fair. You take four lives, you kill four. You know, these are people in twenty and twenty one years old, and you're gonna stop their life. Four people, and then it's only going to cost you life in prison.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the other thing that's peculiar about this case is the father flying out there to drive cross country with the sun in December. It's like most people when they go cross country, they go out in the fall or the spring of the summer. They don't go out, they don't go cross country the Rockies in December. And it's that happened like right after the car became known to the public. I don't think the family maybe knew he did it, but they probably wanted to get the car out of there, so they're weirdo sudden when get her ass. But that is pretty suspicious. And then I think another thing too, with the roommates not calling. I mean, maybe the school's like I know it's on Utah, but it's like probably maybe similar with the strict standards where they probably didn't want to call the police if there was like drugs and alcohol there. And I can't believe it in call for seven hours. And it's probably also not the first time they saw some like random person walking through the kitchen late at night too. But I think that's crazy that he missed the two witness systems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you. The case did seem to have that odd aspect. I remember there was he when Coburg became identified as a suspect. He was driving the car and his father was in the passenger seat and they was stopped by a by a state police office or a highway patrol officer. I think it was in Ohio somewhere like that.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it was Indiana twice, okay, yeah, right right next to Ohio.
Speaker 3: I was close, close, but no cigar, and it was it was there from the world to see and you could see that that he looked he had that squirrely look on his face like he was leaning over the steering wheel, like can I help you, officer? It almost looked like he was expecting.
Speaker 5: I guess they lost the FEDS along the way because they went a different way home and they got picked back up probably on like a camera speed camera and Indiana, and that's why they pulled them over. It's like the pictures of him. But yeah, I mean, there's no way he was going to get out of it with the DNA, and it's kind of amazing that he forgot the sheet. Supposedly he brought like a dustbuster and a bunch of other things. I'm just hoping there is a trial because it would be interesting to watch it. And I feel like the family is more like they want their fifteen minutes of fame and their voice heard. I mean, I I do understand that there so what you said he brought it?
Speaker 3: You said, did you read that he brought a dustbuster? You mean, like to clean up after the mess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then when they went to his apartment, they took like a shop back out of there. And then when he went home, he was like trying to throw his crash and neighbors trash cans on his own, and the afraid they're all like trying to find the DNA. But wow, well, I mean that that also shows you like how oft the whole cell phone triangulation is, because I mean they're like, oh, you're on, like they're here, but he may be like, all right, well, the only place open in town is like right around the corner. So I mean he sort of had like everything covered except for the fact that he left the bloody sheath with his blood and sweat on it.
Speaker 3: So also but as his car, remember his car was spotted on some sort of circling the area, and then there was a security guard at the University of Washington that saw what was a similar car in their parking lot. I think that was the case.
Speaker 9: That yeah, that's yeaheah, that broke it.
Speaker 5: Over and then had he previously was pulled over when they had that tale.
Speaker 3: So that's a good one. That's a good one. Hey, Matt, I appreciate you call very much. Thank you, my friend. We talk soon. We've got to take a very quick break, I promise, and then we'll be back. And I got Dave, I got Bishop right down in Rainham, Laurie's in Idaho. I got to get Laurie on here and Josephine and Needham. We'll get everybody in I promise coming back on nightside. You're on night side. Let me go right to the heart of it. Let's go to Idaho. Laurie, thank you very much for calling in tonight. Always appreciate your calls, but particularly in this one. How has this decision been received amongst those folks who know this case better than us in Idaho?
Speaker 9: Shock?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think everybody, everybody shocked, hurt. One of the one of the families, I think it was Mogan's parents didn't was never for the death penalty in the first place. I think, pretty strong Christian belief there, and so they have been a little bit more accepting I guess of this the day they wanted over and they're happy with him having to think every day in prison about what he what he ruined in the world. But everybody else, I'm disgusted. I'm just holding on to hope that maybe that judge will say, nay, nay, nay.
Speaker 3: Are your judges elected out there or appointed?
Speaker 1: I think I think I read that this one was appointed.
Speaker 3: YEA, this would be I assume, I assume this would not be what you call what we would call here a district court judge. This is a capital case. So it'd be at a superior court level.
Speaker 1: I mean, right, they call a district out here, but it's the equivalent of the superior back there. Yeah, okay, And he was apported by the he was appointed by the previous governor who I forget his name, like somebody Bucks, somebody, yeah, or butchered somebody.
Speaker 3: Definitely a Republican, that's for sure, But it'll be interesting to see if he rejects you know them. When the prosecution agrees on a deal like this, it's tough for a judge to say no, I'm not going to go now, because everybody is saying yes. But I think it's going to depend on with the families if gonsalves. The family is obviously the most outspoken.
Speaker 1: But this is this is a hard and it didn't sound like they were part of any They didn't agree to it. I mean they were they were caught off guard by this letter that came, yeah, from the prosecutor. I mean maybe there'd been some talk about it as more like the letter came explaining why they're doing it, why it's in their best interest, in.
Speaker 3: Blah blah, the other which most prosecutors on a case like a high profile case, like this. They want to try the case because they want to be able to say, hey, I convicted my I was the prosecutor who convicted this guy. It's weird that the prosecutors on the case this high profile and this group and this personal. I mean, this is some This is not a guy who fired a gun from one hundred yards away and pops somebody. He climbed now onto the bed and killed these people while they slept.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was personal vengeance.
Speaker 5: I don't know if.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he was aware of them, neew of them, I don't know. Obviously, the two college campuses are relatively close together. But I don't know. He's just a sicko and he does not deserve to spend the rest of his life in jail.
Speaker 3: This is a horrible thing to say, but he has that kind of look of somebody.
Speaker 1: He's a creepy look, you know.
Speaker 3: And maybe it's the fact that he's wearing the orange jumpsuit, but I get that. Well, you're going to be our Idaho corresponding on this. I want you to keep on top of this for us. Okay, I'm serious, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Tell you this one caught me off guard. I heard that the yesterday was like what thought.
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, I get it. You can't say that in the radio, but we certainly understand what you're feeling, that's for sure. Sorry, thank you much. I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: I'll stay on it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for taking my.
Speaker 3: Let me go to Dave and brighton. Dave, you're next night soccer right ahead, Dave.
Speaker 7: Hi Dan.
Speaker 6: I just tuned in.
Speaker 7: I was watching closing argument with Vinnie Polatino. They had a lot of the i'd hoole prosecutors on there in Idaho. And when they have a change of plea like there is in this case, the the victims family, the three that are upset, they're going to have a chance to speak.
Speaker 1: Also, the.
Speaker 7: The they have a different attorneys, having like a metric line. And the thing was so many people called and complaining they wiped out the system so pretty big, pretty big an Idaho.
Speaker 3: I mean, like.
Speaker 7: I mean, the other three they were the most beautiful girls I've ever seen in my life. And I can't blame the outlar. You know that this is causing and you know it's one thing to do life in prison on death row, and it's another thing doing life knowing that you're gonna, you know, die, You're not waiting for somebody to say okay, time to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I get it. And by the way, they were, they were attractive young people, but that has nothing.
Speaker 4: To do with it.
Speaker 9: Day.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's a mass murderer, right right, right.
Speaker 3: Both of those says these children. Uh, and they were children at twenty twenty one. Yes, yes, yes, they are each the son or daughter of of of a loving parents. And uh, it's impressive. It's impossible to understand, Dave. I appreciate you call very much. Appreciate the updates even though you plunge some some podcasts that I have no idea who will die. But let me go to Josephine and need him. I'm gonna say, Reverend Bishop Wright for last, go ahead, Josephine, I gotta get you, and I gets go ahead, Josephine.
Speaker 8: I believe he's feeling like I won. I took you people over the colds for three years and now I'm winning.
Speaker 3: Yes, I couldn't agree anymore.
Speaker 8: It just didn't look on his face. It's like I won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I did what I wanted to do. And whether or not as a as a student of murder, and which is what he's studying. Maybe he felt he had to do this to understand who knows what went on in his sick, twisted mind. And now he's thinking to himself, I'm the smartest guy in the room. Well, yeah, you're the smartest guy in the world. But you're never going to see the light of day. And if it had the way of most people, you'd the last thing you'd see would be a bullet moving towards your forehead.
Speaker 8: Right, But he is down the down. Years later, can they turn around and he's been so good and such a.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, you know, twenty five years from now, and he first of all, he's going to find Jesus in prison. They all find Jesus. He's going to take some college courses, he's going to get his degree, and then he's going to be involved in a teaching program teaching English to inmates who English is not their first language. And he may have a Bible study group. That's the other thing that is always very good, have a Bible study group. And then he's a changed person. He's not the same person who killed these four people. Back what year was it now, Oh? Yeah, yes, it was twenty twenty two. That's a long time ago. Our new governor is going to commute his sentence in an act to do that. Sure they can, they can. Governors have pary plenary powers, and you know, you could, they could have you know, he could get sick in prison, he could, he could develop a disease, and they could give him some sort of a you know, a parole, medical parole. There's lunch they can do. And you never know where this country will be twenty years from now. Josephine, thank you much, We think alike. Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Good night, Bishop right and rain and Bishop right. I'm gonna shop you a little bit on time here because you called in a little late that I want to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, really I used to say, you know, an individual of this nature, he's already dead. He's just a dead man walking. So he's already dead to me and my nice dance. I mean, many scholars you're talking about come to Jesus moments. But you know, many biblical schols will say, well, you know, Paul in the Bible, he was a Christian killer and he killed a lot of Christians, and as the Lord turned him around. Okay, fine, But living in this day and time, and you know there where there's two natures in us. One nature was against the other nature. When I would do good, evil as always pleasant and on my end, I gotta say I'm with you then, because you know, he does not deserve he does not deserve to I feel in my humanistic side, I don't even feel that he deserves to be a dead man living, much less a dead man walking, you know, because I mean, you cowardly, you know, just took four innocent lives in their sleep. Not only that your six is going on in your mind. So my thing is my thing? Is you like the last call? I agreed, you know what she had said. You know you think you won. Okay, let me let us show you how we're gonna win. And with you know, you're gonna quietly go you know, lethal injectal dejection or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, he'll he'll be he'll be a big he'll be a big man. Uh you know in the South, he'll be a big man. Old there is you know, I mean, I don't know. Bishop. I love the fact you listen to my show, and I love the fact that you call. Yeah, right, you bet. You look, God may want to forgive him. You know, I'm like you, I'm Christian.
Speaker 9: Just just just pray. God sees his old and understand.
Speaker 6: So just pray.
Speaker 9: And you know, hey, either way, he's going to have to face judgment for that, and I'll face judgment from voting for to execute him. I'm willing to do that.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see, we'll see. Bishop, Thank you so much. I really do appreciate your listening to this program. Thank you, my friend. We'll talk soon, okay, Bishop right of Raydom. Thanks. Bishop. All right, got to take a break here at the ten o'clock News. I'll stick with this into the next hour if you want. If you're on the line, great, if you call in, and if not, we'll switch and we'll switch to another topic. Coming back on Nightside.