Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. It's a great day at Dodgers Stadium because one of the young Dodgers is back as a White Sox leading the White Sox and offense this year. That's the one and only and skinny, very skinny now, Miguel Vargas, thanks a lot for the time. Great to see you back.
Speaker 2: No, great to see you too, and thank you for the opportunity here.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget Korea, you and me on the streets of Korea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was nice that have a good time. I was.
Speaker 2: I was lucky that I I spend that time with you.
Speaker 1: Hey, now look at you. You're doing well on the South side, and Andy Pie has wants to go to dinner with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we really closed.
Speaker 2: That's my brother out there, and you know, obviously every time we stay in the same place, we trying to spend time together and go to dinner.
Speaker 1: How proud are you that he is doing so well and you are doing so well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, you know, all that he's doing right now really doesn't surprise me. I know how great he is, how good he's and you know, he's really good and I'm really glad.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to see him doing well.
Speaker 1: He was joking with me yesterday or in Denver that everybody's trying to break down why you're doing so good? Why he's doing so good? Is it just a feel and it just clicks? Is it not that complicated?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like, you know, every time I talk to him, we kind of like engage together and like, you know, be on the same page and we you know, root for each other every time. So I think, you know, for for us to see each other growing up and you know, get better at the same time is obviously every time it's good.
Speaker 1: Why do you think he's done so well?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Like, like I said, you know, like nothing, all he's doing right now really surprised me. I you know, I expect that from him and maybe more.
Speaker 3: That's that's why he played.
Speaker 2: One of the best teams in the league, and you know, he really deserved it.
Speaker 1: That what has worked for Miguel Vargus this year because you've been the old Miguel Vargus again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, just trying to grind and trying to go out there and every day. I think, you know, obviously last year wasn't what I would expect from me, but you know, become to this year is have been good and you know, I'm really happy to want the direction I'm going right now.
Speaker 1: How about the day that you were traded? Were you surprised? How did you handle that?
Speaker 2: No, you know, I was, I was actually I was in my room with pajes and then you know, I get I went asleep and I wake up and I got you know, my phone was low up. But you know, I really it is obviously a little impact on you because you obviously never expect that, and you know, I think that was a great opportunity for me for come to this league and you know, trying to to be part of the league and try to you know, make make the right decision on the player in the field and try to win baseball games.
Speaker 1: There's a very good chance you represent the White Sox at the All Star Game. How much would that mean to you?
Speaker 2: I mean, we've been means a lot, especially after all what happened last year would be meaning a lot. But you obviously that's something that is out of my hand, but you know it's happened. I'll be glad if now you know, I'm gonna keep Rinning.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about this, I have a vision. Miguel Vargas and Andy Pote has All Stars this year.
Speaker 3: That was gonna be a good time.
Speaker 2: For sure, and I've gotta be a special I spend time with him in All Star game for sure.
Speaker 1: Last night you and Andy Paie has posted you went to dinner. Did he take you to a good Cuban restaurant in La or were you the one that found the restaurant?
Speaker 3: I have to do all for him. He don't know.
Speaker 2: He don't like to pick places. But he paid for the dinner.
Speaker 3: So that's all. Models. Finally I found the place. He paid for the bill.
Speaker 1: I've sent him two great Cuban restaurants in LA and he hasn't gone once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's that's handy. Yeah, doesn't really surprise me. Then he never went to a place.
Speaker 1: All he does is Uber Eats, door Dash, any of these things.
Speaker 3: Play.
Speaker 2: He played video games all day and text me and that's it.
Speaker 1: Last sleep, Hey Miguel, before I let you go, how much did it mean to you that so many of your former teammates came to see you after early BP.
Speaker 3: You know it means a lot to me.
Speaker 2: I think you know, I have a great relationship with a lot of them, and you know I only see them once a year, so you know, obviously it's great to see them back and you know, talk to them.
Speaker 1: Okay, since you spend so much time with Pahz, is he laying you stay with him in LA or are you staying in the hotel?
Speaker 3: No, no way.
Speaker 2: I think you know we already shared too much, too much rooming in minor leagues, so I think we could staying way up part.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, hopefully you guys are together in Atlanta at the All Star Games. You both have earned it. Thanks a lot for the time and great to see you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, appreciate you.