Speaker 1: And what's up? Guys. Welcome to season three, episode thirty six of Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 3: It sure does awesome.
Speaker 1: Before we jump into the business, I want to say our next episode, if I've done the math correctly, is our one hundred and fiftieth episode. What right? We are going to do a special episode similar to what we did for our one hundredth episode Extravaganza. We've had several listeners already send in some of their favorite moments from the podcast, and we're gonna talk about those and talk about our favorite moments and have a big old time to celebrate. Does that sound cool?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I cannot believe one hundred and fifty episodes already.
Speaker 1: It has gone by so fast.
Speaker 3: It sounds fun.
Speaker 1: Let's take care of business, then be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website, The.
Speaker 2: Blue Podcast dot com.
Speaker 1: Our email address.
Speaker 2: Blue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 1: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for. And you'll also find a couple of links so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free. It's just one dollar a month. There's a link for Spotify, and there's a link for every other platform. And a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: They sure are. Thank you guys so so much.
Speaker 1: Henry, speaking of people who are awesome, what should we do next?
Speaker 2: The hell else?
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, everyone has to clap and go whoa Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it?
Speaker 1: Allay, let's start on Spotify. We got some really good entries for the one hundred and fiftieth episode, but I'm gonna save talking about those. But I do want to say thank you to Harper and Daisy. We heard from K and H. We heard from somebody who's use her name is a jp BSN Naomi Elilah. I hope I'm saying your name right, Alex Star Wars eleven. What's up Star Wars eleven? Henry and I love Star Wars, don't we?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we sure do.
Speaker 1: We heard from Gwynn Drew, Gideon, Skippy, Mike, Liz Ella, and somebody whose user name is k A on Instagram. We got a voice message from Audrey.
Speaker 4: Hi, my name is Audrey, and my favorite Polson Estella and Henry and my favorite moment is in Unicles when you know course got tapped by bluuie.
Speaker 5: Ha my back, I buck am I nac that's my fait littlement.
Speaker 3: Bye, Audrey, thank you so much for sending us a voice message. That's one of my favorite parts from that episode as well. Unicorse is so funny.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the message, Audrey. I think Unicorse is also a really good episode, and I think your impression of him was really realistic. It was great to hear from you, Audrey.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. We got some emails. We got a voicemail from zoiey dea.
Speaker 5: Dinner with the Heels. My name is and I really like your podcast. I like Henry, and I like when you put blue clips in your podcast.
Speaker 2: Goodbye. Thank you for seeing the message, and I'm glad you like it when we put bluie clips in the episode.
Speaker 1: I don't know who this we is you're talking about. I feel like it's me. I keep trying to get these guys to edit these episodes and none of them. Can you believe that?
Speaker 2: How much will you pay me?
Speaker 1: Well you settled down right there, but hey, speaking of editing and speaking of emails, Isaiah sent us a really good moment for our one hundred and fiftieth and his video editing is quite good. Isaiah, thank you so much for the way you put that together. That is awesome and I can't wait to share that with everybody. We also got a voice message from River.
Speaker 6: My name is River and I love your podcast and my favorite Lewit episode is Pizza Girls because I like all of the fine things. I live from the Australia and I'm River. Kiss Kiss, goodbye.
Speaker 2: River.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for your message the Pizza Girls episode. That is definitely a fun one. Of course, I think all the episodes really are fun. But anyway, that's definitely a fun one. And thank you so much for being It was great to hear from you, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was awesome. River, Thank you so much and We hope to visit Australia one day. All of our fans from there tell us how great it is, and I would love to go there. I have several friends who live there and I think it would be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah you do.
Speaker 2: They have like joined normous spiders there. I want to go there. The spider's gonna eat us all. It's gonna start with you, Stola.
Speaker 1: Don't look behind you right now then, hah, just kidding. Guys. Thank you so much for the messages. We've got several voice messages for our one hundred and fiftieth episode next week and we can't wait for you guys to hear them. We appreciate everybody's comments and emails and messages. It means the world to us. We have the best fans.
Speaker 3: Ever, we sure do. We appreciate you guys so much, and hey keep sending us those messages and the five star reviews. Thanks, thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, we just got done watching Dirty Guys yet. Just say yes, I love it. Yeah, that's good night. Yes, Stella, could you tell us what was going on At the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 2: Wendy is washing Judo's hair and she shampoos her hair twice, rinches it out. Then she puts conditioner on her hair and rinses that out, and then she has the blue dryer hair, and then she has to brush her with two different types.
Speaker 1: Of brushes And why is that?
Speaker 2: Because she's a chow chow and they have long, lovely hair.
Speaker 1: They're known for that. And Judo says, it takes a long time to do my hair, doesn't it? And boy, she's not kidding Amanda. What happens next?
Speaker 3: We hear a truck coming over to the healer's house and he has a huge load of dirt that he's getting ready to dump on the front yard. So I guess band It's going to be doing some work with it in the yard or something. But he dumps off the huge pile of dirt and we see Bluey and Bingo instantly go for the dirt pile.
Speaker 1: It sure looks like they're getting ready to have a lot of fun. Henry. What happens next?
Speaker 2: Judo asks her mom if she can go play with Bluey and Bingo, and her mom says yes, but she says not to get dirty.
Speaker 1: Henry. Watching the girls play, do you think it's possible for Judo to go over there and not get dirty.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's possible.
Speaker 5: I'm having at the hollow.
Speaker 1: Look does Judo goes over to play and the girls are excited to see her, but she tells them, I'm not supposed to get dirty. Stella. What does Bluey tell her?
Speaker 2: She told her that it might be hard to play them. Yes, this dirty is very dirty.
Speaker 1: Bingo is right, it is very dirty. And Judo's worried about her hair.
Speaker 6: I think it's because I'm a chow chow and we are known for our long.
Speaker 2: Lovely hair. That's true, you do have lovely hair.
Speaker 4: Yes, I want to touch it.
Speaker 1: Zurry, Stella. Do you ever feel like that when there's something you know, I'm not supposed to get that dirty, or I'm not supposed to do this thing, and it's all you can think about doing. You're kind of yeah, kind of like if there's a bunch of cupcakes sitting out and your mom says, don't eat those cupcakes. I'm taking them to work. All I can think about is how good a cupcakes? Yeah, Oh my gosh, Amanda. What do the girls come up with?
Speaker 3: They get what looks like a container and put Judo in it, and then they work so hard to push her up to the top of the dirt pile, and then they let her go so she can just fly down the side of the dirt pile. Looks like fun. She really enjoyed it, and she jumps up immediately and asks if she got any dirt honor, and she didn't. She stayed nice and clean. And then she asked if the girls could do it again, and Blue looked a little exhausted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she said, it's a bit hard to pull you up there. That toboggan was a good idea, though, the plastic container, it really was brilliant, Henry. The girls come up with a new game after that. What are they played?
Speaker 2: They are playing again called Dud Dud dad dirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that dud dirt and it looks awesome. What is the game?
Speaker 2: The game is where they yelled dud Dud dud dirt and then they run into the dirt face first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just straight into the dirt pile. That's kind of the lowest common denominator of playing in dirt, But man, it looked like a blast. Did it look fun to you, Henry? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: The girls are getting incredibly filthy, and Judo decides she is going to go ask her mom something. Stella, what does she and her mom talk about?
Speaker 2: Judo was asking her mom why she can't get dirty, and she's asking if it was because her hair was so long, and Wendy told her that, yeah, it's because that their hair is so long. It's really hard to wash, so it's just easier to not get out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just don't get dirty in the first place. And you could tell that really bummed Judo out. She heads back out there and the girls have done something with her. Amanda, what did they come up with?
Speaker 3: They found a way that she could play in the dirt without getting dirty, and it was a pair of gloves. It kind of looked like those dishwashing gloves, the long ones, and some boots something over her like the front of her, like an apron or something, and it looked like a welder's mask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had a welder's helmet on.
Speaker 3: And so she put everything in and then they told her it was her turn to play Dad Dah Dad dirt. But with everything she had on her, it was a little hard for her to run as fast as the girls did to play that game, but she still managed to do it. She waddled over as best she could and face planted right in the dirt.
Speaker 1: Right in it. Do you guys know what did it look like she had on her legs? Did you recognize those at all?
Speaker 3: I couldn't make it out for sure.
Speaker 1: They look like cricket shin guards. It's what it made me think of. Oh okay, yeah, all stuff that they would have had in the garage. So it turns out either Bandit or well maybe Chili or Wendy know how to weld. So I was pretty impressed by that. But yeah, it seemed like it did a good job. And even though Judo couldn't get a full speed ahead run at it, it still worked out. Henry Banda adds a whole new twist. What is happening next?
Speaker 2: He sprays it with the hose. It becomes mud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bandit has brought out the hose and the girls are having fun already getting muddy, and Judo wants to play and the girls are begging Wendy to let her. And what does Bandit tell them? Henry?
Speaker 2: He tells them not the pester.
Speaker 1: Right, and they are not being too bad about it. Wendy says that it's okay, she will leave it up to Judo, and we can tell right away that maybe Wendy has given Judo a bit of a complex Stella. What happens.
Speaker 2: Judo decides to just not play because she feels like that her having long hair is just such a problem. So she walks away upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wanted to, but her mom has convinced her that it's so difficult that the best decision is to say no. And Wendy takes notice of that, Amanda, What happens.
Speaker 3: Wendy says that she'll be right back, and she ran into the house and when she came out, she had a pair of scissors and a mirror and she begins to cut away at her hair.
Speaker 1: Woo, love, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm going short?
Speaker 1: Ready, clean, steady clean, check it out. Wendy's gone nuts loud.
Speaker 3: Wendy finishes cutting her hair and she has a nice short, new hairstyle, and Judo loves it so much, and she stands up next to Wendy and says, can you give me a haircut now too? And so Wendy says, are you sure? And she said yes, and so begins Judo's transformation with her hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Judo goes all in and lets her mom cut her hair short too. But right then something is going on over at the healer house, Henry, what is it?
Speaker 2: Bandit tells the kids that they need to scoop because he's because he brought the wheelbarrow and he's gonna use the dirt the top dress the lawn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna have to stop playing in the dirt. But just then the girls see something. Oh god, Judo flies in and jumps into the dirt, and Bandit realizes that he can just take care of this later and lets the whole scene unfold. Stella, what happens?
Speaker 2: The girls keep playing and they just keep getting dirtier and dirtier and dirtier. All of them are covered in dirt. While they're playing. Bandit goes to come on the porch and Wendy goes to sit next to him and he tells her that he likes her hair and asks her what brought it on?
Speaker 1: Amanda, what did she say?
Speaker 3: She said that it was just time for a change.
Speaker 1: And that was the episode, Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 2: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what it's time for?
Speaker 3: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 1: Stella could you tell us what were we supposed to learn today.
Speaker 2: It's okay to change if what you're changing is gonna make you happier.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I see that, Amanda. What about you?
Speaker 3: I think that sometimes we can stop and reassess the situation and to change it for the better.
Speaker 1: So change your mind then, like Stella was saying.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, Well, I think Stella was saying something earlier about Judo changed her mind and wanted her haircut so she could have fun. Well, Wendy changed her mind and did something. She reassessed the situation and she did something so she could see Judo happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly what happened. What about you, Henry.
Speaker 2: I agree with Mom and Stelly here. They're right Judo and Wendy changed her mind and decided to do something else.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is that is right. You guys are crushing it. One thing I think was going on here is rules are important, and we have them for a reason. They keep us safe and that sort of thing. But sometimes you have to look at what's really important in the moment. So all the things Wendy said about their hair was right, but what was important in the moment was that Judo was missing out on having heaps of fun, and Wendy realized that she had given Judo such a complex about her hair that even when it was left up to her, she felt like that was a test. So I'm going to leave it up to you to make the right decision, because I know when my parents would say that to me, they already knew what they were going to tell me to do. And if I chose the other thing, they would give me the which I knew meant that they were disappointed in me. And I think that's what Judo was afraid of here. And when Wendy realized that I've given her such a complex about her hair that she won't even decide to have fun when she's given the option, Wendy realized, I probably put too much of an emphasis on this thing, and now Judo is missing out on what's really important, and that's having a ripper of a time with her friends in this mud. I honestly thought that we were going to see Wendy come running in there and jumping into mud too.
Speaker 3: You know, I thought that for a second too.
Speaker 1: And I like the when Wendy said it's time for change, meaning she needs to stop being so rigid about this and letting Judo's childhood slip past her. She probably sees her kid growing up so fast, and this is what we go through a lot. We see our kids growing up so fast. It's like, oh, man, I don't want them to miss out on this, And I think that's what Wendy did right here with Judo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode? Yes, Henry, I think.
Speaker 2: That this episode's a good one and it has an important lesson.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: I liked where the girls were playing in the dirt and Judo was telling them she couldn't get dirty, and all of a sudden, being goes say, is I want to touch?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh bing, Oh she's funny.
Speaker 1: This was really cute.
Speaker 2: I like episodes where Wendy shows up. She's a pretty good character.
Speaker 1: Wendy has a lot of fun I like her no nonsense approach, and she even took a no nonsense approach when she went to cut her hair off. It was all no nonsense. She's like, Nope, here's what we're doing, and it's go time. She's so decisive. We've talked about this in the last several episodes. But when you see the world building they do, where we're seeing their neighbors and we're seeing the people that they do life with, and it fills out like the Blue Universe. And I mean even something as simple as the one scene where there's a jet flying over in the sky, I don't know, there was just something so casually real about it. I love that they do that in these episodes. It's just a slow of real life that we can all relate to, right, And yeah, it was just so fun and we didn't see Chili at all in this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: These types of episodes are loads of fun, and I really do like seeing their friends and their neighbors. I wish Pat would show up though. I love that guy Lucky's dad kind of missing him. Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 2: Bye guys, Bye bye,