Speaker 1: Give Lady Luck a kiss on the limps. Baby. The New York Jets just got a massive draft bruise from a DeVante Adams Raiders trade error. We explain in the draft Class one oh one. Make sure you get all your notebooks out as we explain this somewhat complicated, but it works out for the Jets as they pick a lot higher in the third round. We explain it so much more. Boy Green Daily starts now. I'm gonna lose my gash turned vaniervas. Boy Green Daily start Snap.
Speaker 2: Sweets, Buggy, Buggy, Buggy, let's go.
Speaker 3: Put your seatbelts on, get ready for the ride. We're the freaking New York Jets.
Speaker 1: We're built for the shit. Let's go, as hep says, Baby. Welcome to Boy Green Daily, a daily New York Jets video show also available where you get your podcast. I'm your humble host, Paul Aston Junior aka Boy Green. If you're new to the channel, make sure you guys like the video and hit subscriber or old to the channel as well, but specifically, I'm the subscriptions. As soon as we get the seventy five hundred subscribers, which, by the way, we're like fifteen people away, Baby, we're giving away a free piece of autographed New York Jets memorabilia. So if you subscribe to the channel, you will be eligible for that giveaway. And like I said, as soon as we reach seventy five hundred, I'll randomly pick a subscriber out of the hat and we'll reach out to you and send you Something's there. You go, a nice gift, and you get New York Jets content. Can't beat it. We have a full article on the YouTube description down below describing this very topic and we'll try to explain it as simply as possible. But long story short, the Jets just got a lot a great news last night randomly, and I still question how we didn't know this, but that's neither here nor there. We also have a special bonus guest today on the show. Hop on Pop is here taking over the weekend. What's up, Pop? Are you now?
Speaker 4: Good morning coffee club?
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go. We've we got Pop on the channel here and we'll be answering all your questions and comments throughout today's program. Keep those memberships flowing for all the raffle tickets. And speaking of let's flip the banner. Baby, we have an updated top five banner. Number one Ostro Jet Fan has surged it back into first place. Raffle tickets thirty three This month Jimmy Jet is twenty five for Lilim Big d EIGHTHTEP ten tied with twenty three piece Devin aka dn Wy for Life of eleven. The Big Fella and Alan make an appearance in the top five, each having six raffle tickets. So God bless America. That's absolutely terrific, and you guys will be competing for these wonderful prizes. Let me throw this up on the big board real quick. We have a New York Jets patchdown pull over hoodie, a super Bowl prize pack including multiple unique items from past Super Bowls, and our custom laser engraving Jets Boy Green package which Jets logos and Boy Green logos merged together. And that is our giveaway for the entire month of March. We'll have a special giveaway for the month of April. Draft Inspired. That's your little tip for what's coming up. But AnyWho, let's get right down to the brash tax here and explain what the heck happened last night. So here we go, let's get into it. Okay, So the Jets this entire offseason, as we've been doing mock drafts all over the play, if we've believed as Jet fans, that the Jets have held the number ninety two overall pick in the third round, that's what we believed. Now let's explain the Jets. Let's go back a year ago. In the twenty twenty four NFL Draft, the Jets gave away the number one hundred and twenty sixth overall pick, those the fourth rounder. The Lions called the Jets and said, hey, we'll take your fourth rounder right now. We'll give you a third next year. The Jets go, oh, sure sounds good. Does so we get out of the fourth round completely. We hand that over the lines. We get a future third round pick. So at the time of the draft, after the draft was over last year, the Jets had two third round picks, their own third round pick and the Lions third round pick. Now we're trotting along through the year and the Jets call up the Raiders and say, hey, Raiders, we want Devonte Adams and they ended up having to deliver the Jets a conditional third round pick in the twenty twenty five NFL Draft. If Devant Adams would have been a first or second team All Pro, or the Jets made the AC Championship Game super Bowl, that didn't happen, an he hear. If that would have happened, that would have been a second round of going to the Raiders. That wasn't, so it remained a third. But again it was reported from the NFL themselves. I've checked it even on the NFL website that it appeared that the Jets were supposed to send their own third round pick to the Raiders, and that's what we thought happened. But Mike Grifolo yesterday of the NFL Network reported that a different trade that went on between Geno Smith, the Raiders and the Seahawks, which sent a third round pick to Seattle was ninety two, which didn't make any sense because the Jets had ninety two. But gar Garifollo clarified, excuse me, that the Jets actually sent the Lions third round pick for Devontae Adams and that pick just went to Seattle for Gino Smith. So, long story shortan an incredibly confusing and complicated manner, the Jets are picking seventy three in the third round, folks. And this is absolutely massive news. They've jumped nineteen spots in the third round randomly from nothingness, which is a good bit of excitement for Jet fans. And I pulled out the draft value chart. Essentially the Jets just picked up a extra bonus fourth round pick in value, the difference between ninety two and seventy three is massive. That is worth a fourth round pick in this draft. That could mean the Jets could use that in a potential draft day scenario when team starting the draft value chart, all of a sudden, the Jet third rounder is a lot more valuable now. Or hell, as we talked about before, the Jets had a gap from pick forty two to pick ninety two that was fifty picks. We had to wait and oh boy, what do the Jets do if they like one of these quarterbacks? Now the gap is not fifty picks anymore, it's just another thirty. The Jets pick again at forty two in the second round to pick at seventy three in the third round. This is a great opportunity potentially for the Jets to maybe get hopefully that developmental, potential franchise quarterback can get your own version of Russell Wilson maybe happening here, So we throw that all back from you, Pop. This totally changes the landscape for the New York Jets and the Draft. What a gift from the gods.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, by the way, it might you hear me go.
Speaker 1: All right, you're on a massive delay, so you have some issues there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna switch something. Hold on one second, okay, all right, hang on, tell you zigger zag I'm gonna yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll take you off. Pop. You do whatever you need to do to try to figure out your situation. Yeah, you're on a massive delay. So when I say, hey, Pop, how you doing, there's a big delay before we get there. So uh yeah, let me see if we can switch things around. Give me the thumbs up whenever you're ready with whatever. Oh okay, we think we've got to here. Okay, Pop, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm on I'm on the phone now, so.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, if you want, you can turn it sideways and we'll get we'll get your full picture. But if there's not a good angle for it, yeah it should yeah, there you go. Okay, there we have it. So whichever you prefer either way. But yes, now we're better. Now there's no delay anymore. So any who, long story, short dead, I'll throw it back to you again. The Jets we thought had picked late in the third round, now they're picking early in the third round. It was a draft. It was a DeVante Adams trade error. The Jets themselves knew in their building where they were picking, but the general public didn't. And even I would even say beyond the general public, because yesterday when this news came out from Garafalo that the Jets actually have the seventy third overall pick, I'm like, okay, I could understand how heavy dot Com and any of us boobs in the SB nation world, there are any of us that are mocked thing could get it wrong. That makes sense. We're not on the inside. But NFL dot Com, I mean, that's the official website of the league. They have people that work there that have access to the draft order, and they had it wrong. They had the Jets with the ninety two overall picking a three round bock they just dropped last week. So it was incredibly confusing. But like I said, the good news is that the Jets all of a sudden pick a lot higher, and I think this just could have massive impacts for the Jets for trading or quite frankly, just getting a better player than they would have before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it is odd that that. I mean, the Jets knew all along their draft strategy has been tied to this, correct where it is. But you know, it is odd. I mean when you start going, well, I got this pick, conditional pick from them there, you know a little that's my boy action. So but yeah, it's just it's good news, but it's not really news. It's you know, the kurt has been pulled back, right, nothing changed. They didn't get that fourth round pick you're alluding to. We just now aware of their picks which we have previously not been aware of.
Speaker 1: Which, like I said to me, would make a news because Jet fans have been under the false, you know impression.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's definitely news, but it doesn't change anything at one Jets Drive, is what I'm saying. Right, they knew what they.
Speaker 1: Knew, yes, yeah, but yeah for us and our interpretations and what they could possibly do, I think it's crazy. So yeah, like I said, it is pretty wild that this has all happened. So yeah, let me throw this up on the board. I tweeted it out last night. Here it is. This is the updated Jets draft order. Okay, so here's what they have. They have a first rounder seventh overall. They have a second rounder forty two overall. They have a third rounder, which again now is seventy three overall. Previously was ninety two for what we believed in the public. Again, as my father pointed out, the Jets knew that they had the right pick. We all in the public and mock drafts and everything did not know. So that is now being updated. We have a fourth rounder one o nine overall. We have two fifth rounders, one fifty seven, and then two sixth rounders one eighty eight and two oh nine. Now, just be noted there might be some slight alterations to this when the comppicks come out, so some picks might get bumped around a little bit based on the competitory picks that will be coming in. By the way, the Jets are expected to get zero comp picks for this year's draft for those wearring at home. But this is the updated draft order. I also have that on my Twitter account x dot com specifically slash at boy Green two five. But there you go. That is the updated draft order. Yeah, I appreciate that. Nice.
Speaker 4: By the way, shout out to the raffle. That is a sweet looking swuck. Can you put that back up there?
Speaker 1: Ye sure, yeah, yeah, sure, yeah, it's it's nice. It makes me want to get one for myself. Quite frankly, I mean, look at this thing. You got the unique different logos, some from Jets, Yesteryear, Gotham City.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great, exactly, the Gotham City patch, right, You're not going to find that. To me, that is a sweet prize package for the winners.
Speaker 1: So good luck. We got a lot of people that are competing for it. So absolutely a big salute to all the people in the chat. By the way, we've got three hundred people in the room. Make sure you guys liked the video hit subscribe. Also appreciate the people that watch after the facts. Some people don't get early. I don't get up early. I don't blame you for the show, but pop. The other thing we kind of glossed over of the reason we even found this out is because the third round pick is well traveled. It went from the Lions to the Jets, and the Jets the Raiders. Now the Raiders to the Seahawks because Geno Smith got traded yesterday. What in the hell is going on out there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this third round pick got around like Susey whose numbers on the bathroom stall? You know, I'm talking.
Speaker 1: About the lord. With that being said Geno Smith, suddenly the Seahawks. This is why you can ever trust NFL people. By the way, the Seahawks emphatically quote unquote came out and said, Gino Smith's our guy. He's our guy. Why wouldn't he be our guy? And then boop, he's traded for what is a third round pick on paper, but really it's a fourth round pick. Ninety two is incredibly late in the third round. So crazy. And yes a few people are asking, hey, mock draft for us, who are the Jets going to pick at seventy three. We'll do that before we get to the phone mines. We'll throw some names out there and suddenly maybe more available for the Jets than before. So I see those questions coming in. But this is crazy. I get that Geno Smith some people don't like, and he's coming off this year where he had a ton of picks. I just to me, what a crazy and yes, Danny, the ripple effects of it sounds like Sam Dar could go to Seattle. So a lot of former Jets quarterbacks bouncing all around here, but one at a time. Gino Smith, a starting quarterback, was just had for a fourth round pick. He reunites with Pete Carroll in Vegas, and now Gino, who was in the last year his deal, is about to sign an extension. Apparently the money Geno Smith wants is forty five million pe Seattle apparently refused to get there. The highest they would go as thirty five million per year for Gino. So then they saw the impass said okay, we're going to trade his ass, and then they traded him. If I'm a Jets guy, I wouted Gino Smith is really decent. We're in a quarterback wasteland of a lot of options. We're like, good boy, Justin Fields, Carson Wentz, Marcus Mariotta like Gino Smith's fourth round pick. I get again technically to the third round pick, but maybe we couldn't negotiate it. Like what the heck? Why wouldn't you have given up that mid round pick for Gino Smith, who's a quality starting quarterback?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you go back, this is exactly exactly what I was talking about. We've been talking about quarterbacks for a while and one of the things I said is, you know, in the words of Peddbazi, everybody's got a price. There's not a player. There's not a player in the NFL that's not available. The players that are not available are the ones that signed this offseason a contract. Outside of that, everybody's available. Aaron Rodgers wasn't available. I made the point before so that they think outside the box. And I'm not, you know, pinging on Aaron Glenn or Moogie on this. I clear I'm not, but I would implore them to really think outside the box. And you know, Seattle showed how they had their head up their ass. Right, forty five million dollars, let's talk about Gino Smith from it. Forty five million dollars is going to be middle of the road quarterback money in the future, right, it might be.
Speaker 1: The middle of the road. Now, let me, I just want to take a gander here, get to get to get in a pen out here and see. Let me do the quick county that's middle of the pack right now. Yeah, eleven twelve, that's twelfth best. That would tie well, twelve thirteenth, that would tie Patrick Mahomes and Kirk Cousins. Patrick Mahomes obviously joined the team friendly deal for the Chiefs that ties Kirk Cousins and Patrick Mahomes at forty five million average per year for twelve thirteenth in the league highest paid quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and and and realize that that doesn't happen in this world of you know, the one upmanship that goes on right like the next contract, the next contract, the fact that he wants forty five million dollars, that's a good price for a quarterback in today's market. Multiple time Pro Bowl winner. You know what Geno Smith and Patrick Mahomes have in common. They have been common They both have had the most comfort behind victories in the past two seasons at nine. At nine, he's been to two Pro Bowls since he's left one Jets drive. This would have been exactly who I would have wanted the Jets to get a quarterback like this that because the Jets are not in a rebuild, they're in a retool. And the difference is you get a few players at a few key positions. If we didn't have Tyrod Taylor open it up for competition. If we didn't have him, Geno Smith would have been, you know, arguably the best one on the market on paper for forty five million. And for the people out there that don't like Gino Smith because of the number of interceptions last year, I would.
Speaker 1: Point to this, they were high.
Speaker 4: I would point to the fact that he had one of the worst offensive lines in the league. The leading rusher for the Seattle Seahawks was five hundred yards. Five hundred yards, no offensive line, no running game, and you know he's gonna throw some interceptions in the red zone. He also had despite the interceptions, he had a seventy percent completion percentage and he led the NFL. I believe in completion percentage. But anyways, this was just an example. The ship is sailed, whatever, but getting a quarterback like Geno and realizing that truly nobody is off the table is really the vision for the Jets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gino did not lead the league a completion percentage. There was a few above him, like Tua and Jared Goff and Baker Mayfield and Joe Burrow. There's a few guys had of him, but he was still near the top he had seventy point four percent completion percentage on the interceptions. He was just one short of having the most interceptions in the NFL. That was a tie between Kirk Cousins and Baker Mayfield, who both had sixteen. Gena Smith was one less at fifteen. So again I get some of the interception concerns, but look at the last so he Gino Smith has been a full time starter for the Seattle Seahawks for the last three years. Here are those years. This past year seventy percent completion percentage, forty three hundred yards, twenty one touchdowns, fifteen picks. Again the interceptions ugly. Year before sixty five percent completion percentage, thirty six hundred yards, twenty touchdowns, nine picks. Okay, Then his first year as a full time starter, seventy percent completion percentage, forty two hundred yards, thirty touchdowns, eleven picks, and man, if you watched the tape again, I'm not a massive All twenty two guy, but if you watch tape on Geno Smith, man he is still dealing out there. So I think this is a classic case of everything you were just saying, Popwa, This is a sneaky quarterback that was available that none of us really new, sort of looked at it. What maybe I don't know, and then you get him for a third round pick. That's a song in a quarterback wasteland, where again it's over. Now he's already traded, so you can't have him. But in a quarterback wasteland, we're like, boy, we need to get pretty creative for her with options. This would have been a creative thing. Now. The thing I don't know, and I just want to say this real quick. The thing I don't know is would Gino have signed a long term deal with the Jets? Okay, maybe not, Like we could have traded for him and we'd have him for this year. Maybe he wouldn't have with the Jets that I can't speak to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just think about this. I will say this, And I can't see the comments because I'm on my phone. No Mike can watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they all say they love you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure they do. But Gino Smith, what is it better? He was a better option that quarterback than Sam Donald. He was more Sam Donald. Yep, I knew you're gonna make the face. I know the comments. Look at the runway, look at the body of work. Take away, right, if you took away last just if you could have raced last year from ever existing, okay and the most well like that. Yeah, if you're raced last year, then how does then what does Sam Donald have? Gino has got that runway that you just talked about. He's got more proven results than Sam Donald with three years in a row. That's why he's more attractive to me. And for whatever reason he's got that, Maybe he's got the jets stink on, right, what's auch problemina? But right, i mean really, you know, why wouldn't you think about it? But that cost him probably ten million dollars whatever this persona that people have about him. Right, Sam Donald's gonna get fifty to fifty five million, right, He's he's getting like the fantasy monopoly brock party money that he's asking for. But but Sam Donald just one year, right, and he didn't take you know, and how did that look at the end of the season. I'm just saying Geno Smith has a better body of work than Sam Donald and people and he gets no credit for that. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's fair. Let's get a couple of things here. First off our a number one Austrian jet fan with a super sticker baby which is still unclear on that, very very very unclear, so let's do one of these for us.
Speaker 3: We're a freaking New York Jets so we're built for this shit.
Speaker 1: And thank you Asher and with your previous combination of super jets that actually is a supersticker, just got you another raffle ticket, so I guess that worked out on the math. So very nice there for a number one Austrian jet fan. A shout out to you. We also have June the GM dropping in with a super chat. Every time we get a super chat we hear from my daughter and his granddaughter. The one and only is Ryland Pop Scott knowledge put respect on his name, damn straight and speaking of putting respect on names, and by the way, June another raffle ticket as well for your previous super chet combination, so thank you very much. Shout out to another grandson of Pop's there, Paul andrew Esden, the third PE three baby. He just turned four months old this week, so shout out to my handsome son and put it out on Social USA wearing all the Jets gear. Shout out to his mom for us sending it all up. Now we might need to have to update the gear. He has a either an Elijah Moore or an Aaron Rodgersters. It could be one or the other. Either way, not great, did it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh no? The one I have on Twitter only has the eight and the New York so I'm saying it could be one of the other. But either way, not great. But thank you, thank you June, and I'm sure my pop appreciates that as well. So beautiful.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you know, not to go political, but during the presidential comments this week, he read off some of the money that was given away to some thing, and at the end Kaffrey read it was like eight million dollars to whoever. He's like, I don't even know what that is, and that goes to the super Stick. I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, that's going with.
Speaker 4: A donation to Boy Green and the Boy Green Empire. So thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God blessed baby.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: We've got four hundred people in the room. Again for those just joining us, here is the update. The Jets just got great news, or rather Jet fans, as my father is correctly pointing out, Jet fans rather in the Jets media group and everything else got great news that again the Jets bumped up nineteen spots in the third round. They're now picking number seventy three overall. And I just can't describe. I know, I'm a draft nerd and I'm explaining this that or the other, but I get it. And also I put this joke out there on social media pop and I maybe you're going to feel the same way about this. I'm not sure, but I'll throw this up on the screen, Like I got super excited about this third round pick thing, but I know a lot of people looked at me sideways for it. So I'll throw this up on the screen. I don't know if you'll be able to see it on your phone, but I'll throw it up here. This was sort of Jet celebrating moving up nineteen spots in the third round versus the rest of the NFL. Here here it is. That's just a stupid boulder. It's not just the boulder. So I know some people are making fun of Jet fans for celebrating moving up nineteen spots in the third round, while everyone just thinks it's a it's a stupid rock but hey, yes, it's a boulder. US. It's a boulder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was the boulder that was always there. We just couldn't identify it. That was the py you know what.
Speaker 1: Jet fans have struggled to identify things for years, so we could appreciate when additional people are able to point it out. And here's the other side piece. I just saw this from Andrew Ceciliano on Instagram and it's the ripple effects of this. So initially last night I see Genosmith trade Seahawks traders. I'm like, wow, man, that's crazy. Didn't see that coming. But I knew Geno was in the last year was deal, So I said, oh, okay to me hearing that news. On the surface, I'm like, the Raiders still pick out of the Jets, they pick sixth. That doesn't preclude them this trade from drafting a young quarterback if one is there, or trading up or anything crazy. And then new reports have come out since that trade happened that the Raiders view him Gino as the quote unquote quarterback of the future and that they plan on giving him an extension that will reward him in such a way. By the way, Gino is thirty four years of age, so they obviously still see a pathway a runway here, which makes sense. Pete Carroll's older too. By the time he coaches in September, he'll be the oldest football coach in NFL history to ever be on a sideline before. So he'll about to check that off. But it sounds like, if that's true, they're about to give him this crazy extension. You wouldn't draft a quarterback in the first round, which sort of changes the dynamic there in the top ten of the draft.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the words of Adam Tandler, Pete Carroll has old balls, but that he does anyway, it may change the top of the draft, it may not. I mean, I say, a long term extension for Gino Smith, I'm thinking, you know, rip up the thirty one million for this year and pay him three years one hundred and twenty million.
Speaker 1: I think of three or four years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, I wouldn't go. I would pretty much curve it at three with an option for four or something like that. But so that you know, they may think, like Boy Green, which is frightening, that you always draft the quarterback and always a draft the best available player. So with that being said, I'm not sure that they won't still draft the quarterback at their current draft spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I am certainly open to anything and everything. We'll see what happens though if it means anything, maybe it doesn't. Maybe no quarterbacks are available that would be at that spot. Ian Rapport told the Jets people at the combine there they didn't interview at the end of February, but they're releasing their videos later after the fact. And Ian this feels pretty strongly that three quarterbacks are going to be going in the first round, and maybe four, So maybe we will get some craziness by the time the draft rolls around. We've got a YouTube super check coming in here. Pop. This is from Ron Weiss. Again. I know I'm getting it right this time, Ron Weiss here Raw and Ron will add your nine ninety nine here to your previous super chat combinations. We will add that in here. So thank you very much. Appreciate that. And like I said, I'll fix that in just a moment. But let's read out this super chat. Pop. I don't know if you're seeing these on the screen, but hello, Esden Boys, why can't we draft this guy? Doge from college? He works for cheap. Lol, I'd like Fields until we draft the Star in twenty twenty six. Now, I'm gonna be honest, I need to see who this doge fella is. But do you know who he's talking about?
Speaker 3: Pop?
Speaker 4: I am? Other than the sarcastic Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: The only thing that came up here is the dog mascot from the Georgia Bulldog. So yeah, unless such just a I miss that. But I would say in terms of I'd like Fields until we draft the Start in twenty twenty six, exactly. I don't think if you signed Justin Fields. And apparently there's a lot of hot and heavy rumors that the Jets are all over Justin Fields. I continue to see more reports are hot on his heels. They're interested. We talked about the potential of what the contract could look like yesterday. Excuse me, but so it seems like they're hot and heavy for him. If they do sign him to a one or two year deal, that definitely does not preclude them from drafting a guy in twenty twenty six if the right position is there, I would still even if we signed Justin Fields. I'm talking about this year. I'm still drafting a Kyle McCord, Jalen Milroe, whoever you're a guy is maybe with that new seventy three overall pick, maybe that's where I'm taking the guy. And again you just keep swinging, keep swinging the acts until you make contact. And even then, like I said, I would swing more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I believe we'll find out if it's you know, Justin Field is not gonna. He's not gonna. He's not getting a bag, right, He's getting like a little bag, you know, like a small baggie, like you know, a dog poop baggie. He's not getting a hefty, hefty trash bag of money. And then that you know, you get him, you sign him on like a two year you know, cheapy, cheap deal. Right, you still have Tyrod tayl and you still draw absolutely and then you know who knows who knows you let you know, you let Tyrod and you put him in a cage match with Justin Fields and you see who comes out? Right, Two men in a little uh, a little beyond thunderdome action, right, two men enter, one man leaves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, parallem an idiot. He was just talking about he was making an elon joke Department of Government Efficiency. So I apologize, it's it's above my pay grade.
Speaker 4: I yes, yes, he was referencing my comments with the presidential address about he was reading off the ridiculous money that our tax dollars that were going to places like Mozambique and things like that.
Speaker 1: But anyways, yep, so sorry, Ron, Yeah, I'm just an idiot. The touch football that's basically the sandbox in which I play in. So but good. I'm happy that could come up. But Ron, thank you so much for the superchat that added a bunch of raffle tickets. You also had previous super Jets, so I'll add that up in a little bit. But again, I want to make sure because we have a few people coming in and out of the show. Fl phil ninety eight. Philium came in late. Why how did we move up in the third round?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 1: We also have an article and the YouTube description down below, but here's the gist, Philium, to run it back through one more time. The Jets moved up nineteen spots in the third round because the third round or they traded for Devontae Adams was not their original third round pick. As a lot of us assumed, it was ninety two, which was the Lion's third round pick we got last year, and that pick was just traded to the Seattle Seahawks for Gino Smith. So now the pick is getting passed around. So the Jets knew the entire time that they had the right pick. What was unknown was to the public whether or not whatever pick that the Jets ended up having. So yeah, like I said, this is massive news. It's a massive for potential trades. Again, the value of the pick is just worth a heck of a lot more than it was before. I have the math here, what was it? So the seventy three overall pick is where two hundred twenty five points. The ninety two overall pick is one hundred and thirty two points. The difference in points is the equivalent of a fourth round pick, and quite frankly, it's a top of the fourth round pick. The best pick available in the fourth round is the equivalent of that value. So the Jets just got a lot more value so they could trade that pick and get something out of it, or and I guess we could just bring this up now, Pop, because I'm sure we'll open up the phone lines here in a bit. But We got this comment in earlier from Kevin who says, with third round pick at number seventy three, overall the Jets select, I'm gonna throw Jalen Milroe. That's the one I will randomly say today. But the quarterback out of Alabama, I think that would make sense as a guy that you could potentially take. Now that you're jumping from the back end of the third round to the front end, your whole everything is open to you, and I think it's jumping on that quarterback train. And depending on who's of available, this could very well be Kyle McCord, This could be Will Howard. It depends on where. Obviously all these guys are going to go. I don't think Jackson Dart's falling all the way to hear A lot of people believe he's going to be a late first round pick. But everyone not named cam Ward Shader, Sanders, Jackson Dart, everyone after that, to me, you're all possibly in play here at seventy three.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And to me, if he's on the board, I'm not sure he will be. It would be Kyle McCord at this seventy three pick. You know you mentioned a minute ago, what what's the fourth round pick. And you know in this world that the Jets moved up in nineteen spots magically when they didn't. But in that world, the fourth round pick is Braylan Allen. That's what a fourth round pick is. So yeah, Prescott, yeah that Prescott never heard of it. But yeah, so it's gonna. It is exciting, it is uh And again it's not an epiphany, h to one Jets drive. It's just to the rest of us. So, but it does for the draft analyst. I mean, I'm sure or even your gentleman what's his name again, the Monday guy, Jeff Guy, John C. Don c right, the Don, the Don. You come to this on this day of my Don the Don. I bet you he was actually when he was talking about it when you did the mock draft, he was in the nineties as well. So it's good information for all Jets fans and content creators. And I do believe that the one to go in the third round, and now that's early Kyle mccorr to be the one I would take.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. And this is what I mean why I think it's important for the general public. Here is that right we use the PFF mock draft machine, and they had the Jets having pick ninety two. So obviously that's how we've been operating. And the NFL media group, they've pumped out three round mock drafts. People are pumping out seven round mock drafts and the information was just incorrect. So it's great to know it's been confirmed by Mike Garrofolo and Albert Breer. Maybe more people beyond that, but those are the two I saw, and those are two really very good information men. So that makes me feel really good about running with this information, doing a show about it, writing article about it, and all that other Jets for that sake, And Chet's eighty two says, does this mean Sander's off the table for the Raiders? I do believe. Forever I've seen and viewed the Raiders as the floor for Shador Sanders, I never thought you would ever fall anywhere past there, because the relationship Tom Brady all that other Jets I never thought. Now with this on the table and then apparently viewing him quote unquote as this franchise, franchise quarterback, this long term answer, whatever you want to call it, is how they were describing it last night. That doesn't seem like the kind of thing that you would waste quote unquote the six overall pick on. You'd be adding more pieces to try to make a legitimate run, which is it? So yeah, I would take Shador off. You can never be surprised. Do they really think he's a franchise quarterback? I guess you'd take him there too, But yeah, it seems like the senses that he would no longer be there now. Who knows if he's even there. Maybe the Giants has take him at three or somehow he's off the board before then. But yeah, that's what I think ends up happening there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would be unusual if they dre you know, they signed Gino to launch a deal and then use it number one pick. I think it's more likely that it's probably that the Raiders will do what I would strongly advocate the Jets to do, which is trade back. So I think the Raiders might trade back in that spot.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Prestige Showgun. It's been a while since I've seen you here on the channel, Prestigio. Great to have you, Yo, boy Green and Papa Green, my tribal chief. If the Jets take a quarterback like Milroe, McCord or Dart later in the draft. Should the option to steal draft someone like Drew Aller or Nusmeyer in the round one next year exist? Yes, yes, Now hopefully you draft McCord, Dart, Milrow and somehow they get on the field this year, and then you go, whoa, Mama, Sita, Okay, we got something here, different conversation. You see really little to nothing from those guys. So let's say it's a development to you here. Let's s you see none of them, which is really the thing that complicates things, right, Christian Hacken, itly sorry to bring that back up. We didn't see him at all his first year. And again it goes back to that family guy scene. All right, Peter, you can have one of two things here. You can have a boat or he can have this mystery box. And then Lois goes to say, yeah, we'll take the boat. No, Peter's like, wait a second, honey, this is a box or community that there could be a boat in this box. We'll take the box and nothing's in the box. But that's the thing is that there's this mystery. So if you draft the quarterback and never see him, Jet Fin's like, well, he might not be the guy, but he could be the guy. And that's where it all goes. So I don't think regardless of whatever they draft in this class. And then we fast forward to next year and the Jets are convinced Drew Ratler. Let's just say, for giggles is the quarterback they think is a franchise quarterback. You cannot not take that guy because you took a guy in the second, third, fourth round. That would be lunacy. That would be putting this franchise back forever. And that's what happened. Right we took Christian Ackberg. We didn't see him. Next year, We're picking six overall, Like, yeah, Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson are here a hut? Look at that box. We could have it with Hackenberg. And then we all know what happened after that. So the fact of the matter is is that this should not prevent them. I would still take them because who knows, maybe they could be the guy and you find it out. But I do you get it again? I mentioned her or keep taking swing spot?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say, excuse me. If they do do the draft. The reason they wouldn't draft next year would to me, it would hinge. It wouldn't hinge upon who they drafted this year, it would hinge upon where Jordan Travis?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 4: What happens with Jordan Travis?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 4: What do we have?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Because to me, it's uh it shouldar get off the pot time for Jordan Travis. Right, it's not his fault, but it's not our fault either, despite what his agent said, Right, he's gonna show up or show out, Right, you're gonna he's gonna make the team or he's gonna make it to the exit. So if Jordan Travis showed up and showed out then and you know we grabbed the Kyle McCord, then the room's getting a little packed, right, So that would be the reason really Jordan Travis being on the team or not, beyond dream whether I'd be in the market for a quarterback in the draft next year.
Speaker 1: All right, Pop, before we get to the phone launch, is there anything else you wanted to get to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd just like to say I'd like to go on a Sometimes I give some NFL conceptual kind of knowledge, and so I think it's time for the NFL owners. And what I'm going to say is against the law, So just just write that down. But it's time for the NFL owners to really hopefully if they all come on this this thought in their own heads and they don't talk about it, then it's okay.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 4: A few years ago, the owners obviously and you know, we don't think that happened, but they all collectively came to this common thought that they weren't going to overpay for running backs. Right in the running back market. Now, I'm talking about a couple of years ago. Obviously one take one Barkley just kind of broke that mold. And then but they really really set like the ceiling, like we're not running backs aren't going to make it more than eight or nine million dollars a year. They're good for a couple of years and then we move on. I would say sak one is a very unique exception that he went to a staff team and he was like the missing maximized Yeah. So and you know, if I was Eagles, I'm sure would I paid him that much. But anyways, really they need to do this with the wide receivers because you talk about these wide receivers that are coming out and I'm not gonna talk about any about any wide receiver on the Jets. But you know, like DK Metcalf, DK Metcalf talking and coming out that he won. And by the way, I'm a big DK Metcalf talent, wise fan talent.
Speaker 1: We saw him. I told the story on the radio this week that we had Falcon seahawks because we're in Atlanta and you got his wonderful seeds very close to the field. We got to see DK Metcalf wore them up on the field feet away from us. Holy for he looks like a god for God's sakes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, so I like him. You know, he's the only NFL player I'm aware of that uses the pass fires of mouthguard. But look that up. But you know, he's not worth thirty million dollars. He wasn't the number one ride receiver on his team. And if the market for the upper echelon wide receivers is in that thirty million dollar range, you can't overpay, right, and that's what happens sometimes then you're just chasing it, right. You can't have the quarterbacks going to make sixty north to sixty million your wide receiver who the number one wide receiver with very few exceptions, contributes less then significantly less than the running back in these other positions. Right, if you have if you have the Jefferson, if you have some of these other ones, the Tyreek Kale, the game changers.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: But a second string quarterback, even you know, the thirty third best wide receiver in the league, doesn't deserve thirty million dollars. So the NFL owners need to kind of wake up, smell the coffee, and kind of pump the brakes and overpaying wide receivers.
Speaker 1: And maybe that's what we're seeing, right. Seattle says, Oh boy, we don't want to get up to thirty. Hey, we're gonna have to pay JSN Jackson, Smith and Jigman a couple of years. We've got other guys to pay. We'll allow somebody else to pay. DK Metchevan. Apparently there's a ton of interest, and we'll see. We'll see what the value is. Seawksparently looking for a one and a three that seems rich. So we'll see what people are willing to pay. But here's why. Here's I think it's a little insane, but here's why. I think they might get closer to what they want than what people think. Look at the wide receiver market available, Chris Godwin, all these thirty something Stefan Diggs, either injured guys or thirty something year old guys. DK Metcalf is the best wide receiver that's currently available, not named T Higgins because he's franchise tag that can be had. He's the best guy. I put DK Metcalf above Brandon Ayyuk. So if DK Metcalf is the best guy you could get twenty seven. IO what Jets is asking how old is DK? That is a twenty seven. If you have a chance to get DK, he's better than those other guys, and then you go, well, all right, And that's what I think is the difference. The age is the difference, and the availability for him is the difference of all the guys out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think also people like and again I think DK metcalf talent is like the most underutilized wide receiver league. But even with that, uh, you've gotta go with what's on paper, right, you know, his dad's shy of Chris Godwin's injury. Chris Godwin, non paper is a better wide receiver to DK Metcalf, and he's done it for longer.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, I would say DK had this really off some of yours five years ago in twenty twenty. It was the best year. He had one hundred plus catches, thirteen hundred yards, ten touchdowns. It was the best year, and people thought, ah, DK has arrived, move over world and he never touched those numbers. Again, is that DK's fault? Is that the offense? I don't know. Again, we play that game that we play with Garrett Wilson, so I'm not gonna do that. But he hasn't touched that in five years. So that's part of the conversation. Now Godwin is coming off a season ending injury which was pretty nasty, so I don't know what the rehab is for one Chris Godwin. But nonetheless, that's why I think because of the limited people that are available, people look at the free agent and then they look at DK to like, shit, okay, well DK, of all the choices, maybe that could create a mini bidding war. I'm sure that's what Seattle's hoping for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'll tell you this just to be clear. I bring up the wide receiver and not to overpay for you know, under VA it doesn't matter, right, this is what's available. Well, it doesn't mean I have to overpay for it, and I do not want the New York Football Jets to go any would go if anywhere near DK metcalf, because if you remember, right, if we go back right, someone on this call was overjoyed with the concept of DeVante Adams. Someone said, this is gonna be a freaking problem with Garrett Wilson. This will be a problem. One of us said that, And you know what, that was a freaking problem. So why would we think And by the way, DeVante Adams comes with his own whatever, DK Metcalf, Right, Seattle's a small market, right, so you don't see but you still not like he brings his own ship to the table, right, He a little Steve Smith and them, Right, he gets a little rumble and tumble and causes some problems. You bring that to New York, which is not a small market, right, and you plug him in next to Garrett Wilson, It's going to be a freaking problem. The Jets would overpay for a shiny object, and the chemistry in the wide receiver room would be in the garbage. There's no way that you go anywhere, DK Metcalf, and I say that, no, saying that I love DK metcalf in the talent he has, but it's not good for the Jets.
Speaker 1: I would love Dk Metcalf, that would be awesome. But if we're being more realistic, the wide receiver I have circled in the free agent market is not a big name at all. It's Darius Slayton. Now I'm curious surprised that he would get but he has. He's a deep threat possibility. He's got a consistency if you look through his career about the amount of catchers and yards he's able to produce it regardless of who the quarterback is. He's a guy I would love. Now Again, because of the wide receive availability, maybe he gets priced up a little bit more. Hey, it's free agency. You sort of have to accept that he would be a perfect guy. That's clearly not a wide receiver one, but he would be a competent guy across from Garrett Wilson. You're gonna do more than that two draft and everything else. But Darrys Slayton's a guy I like a lot, and I have a circled and permanent marker ahead of freegency.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and let's let me go back the other Breason not for DK Metcalf, and then I'll jump over Darius Slayton's DK Metcalf. In my opinion, I don't know. I had Aaron Glenn over for stakes last night. We didn't talk about the wide receiver room. But DK Metcalf does not strike me as an Aaron Glenn guy. You're gonna get some Aaron Glenn guys. I don't think DK Metcalf is an Aaron Glenn guy. Darius Layton, I believe would be a good That's what you need. You need a solid veteran number two wide receiver. He is going to be cheap my opinion. As you've said before, you're as real estate agent, right, he won't have to move hey, blah blah blah. I don't have to sell your house. You just have to move sides of the locker room. You know his h he's a average quay. You know he's gonna get my opinion, he might get three years ago Alanlizard money or a little less.
Speaker 1: Yeah. His current productions are in the twelve thirteen million pre year range, which is a little more than a Lizard guy Lazard guy eleven.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Inflation inflation, yes, I agree, No, No, I'm just saying that. I agree. I think that's around there what he's gonna get. Some people will be hesitant to pay that sort of price for what Darius Slayton is And for that, I go, well, the cap exploded again. Natural inflation that comes up. The yesterday's price is not today's price. I think that factors in two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's I like him because you know his over his NFL career, he's the average fifteen yards reception. Guys like that don't tumble off a tree, right, what's your average catch? Fifteen yards? All right, Well, now we can do a little more, you know, the stretching of the field that Davante is no longer going to do for the Jets. By the way, my prediction is Seattle becomes the New York Jets West. They scraping up the trash or the leftover some of the Jets, the little Aaron Rodgers and DeVante Adams take their take their talents to Seattle.
Speaker 1: Oh that would be that'd be a fun spot, and we'll see if they can immediately compete. They were close to a playoff spot this past season. Hey, I see we got another five pack of Boy Green Coffee Club memberships. And Jets eighty two. Baby, alrighty boom shacka laca. Five new members to the Boy Green Coffee Club. Shout out to aunt Jets eighty two. That is five raffle tickets for our contest. That'll be again. We'll be gifting that away there as well. So boo yeah baby. Here are the five new members to the Boy Green Coffee Club. Danger Zone. Shout out to having Wooty on the show the other night, danger Zone. Wonderful job. Matt Armetta, Alan got a membership, a now Tony, Alexio and John L. G Yes, freaking sir. Aunt Jets eighty two, thank you so much. And look at that aunt Jets on top of that, bob themselves a membership to the Boy Green Coffee Club. That's what I'm talking about, baby. That is now six raffle tickets Aunt Jets eighty two for our contest. Welcome to the Boy Green Coffee Club. It's great to have you, so, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Welcome by the everybody. Yeah, pound the like button, share it, Share it with your friends, you know, treated like you wouldn't treat your wife. Share that shit all over the place, right good lord?
Speaker 1: Wow? Okay, well and thanks you, thank you pal, thank you so much again. You guys can join the Boy Green Coffee Club right now in the YouTube description down below. It's very simple. So just join the Boy Green Coffee Club here, Collick. That's only two ninety nine a month. And with that purchase of a YouTube membership you get all kinds of perks, early access to member only videos, discord Chat, access to all of our emojis, and raffle tickets. You buying your Boy Green Coffee Club membership gives you raffle ticket gifting it as aunt Juts just did. You has six raffle tickets, one for the one he purchased himself and then the five he gifted away. So again, just like that, six Boy Green Coffee Club memberships. And look we're starting a party here baby. Tee Town Jet just gifted a Boy Green Coffee Club member cup. I'm sensing a party is about to be popping here. And that went to Taylor Sterling, a good commenter on the channel, So a shout out to Tee Town Yet maybe a membership coming through pop It's it's getting risky in here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a party. I'd like to invite you to a pants party? All right, Greg, are you inviting me to a party in your pant?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, which you are so beautiful?
Speaker 4: Take that like button to pound down. Let's go people.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is wildly vivid. Thank you so much for that. I appreciate it. But yeah, keep them coming, baby, we love it. And U Ron Weiss appreciated the dice clay action there, So there you go.
Speaker 4: How did you ever mispronounce his name as the child that watched every freaking Murder Dame game for twenty summers, Charlie Weiss, how would you ever get Mit pronounced the name for God?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's embarrassing, I admit it. And speaking of Charlie actually just joined a rich semenia on his podcast this week. His son, Charlie Weis Junior, is the offensive coordinator for ole Miss Jackson Dart, so he's been with him his entire careers. There's a lot of connective tissue there, and Charlie Weiss, former Jets coach, he is pounding the bleeping table for Jackson Dart and says, whoever drafts this young man's going to have a star quarterback on their hands. Now, obviously there's some bias there. Because of his son. But he is saying that we need to all jump on the Jackson Dark train and we won't regret it. So Charlie Whis continues to found the table there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Charlie White, right, he's a great guy. You don't want him in front of you at the buffet.
Speaker 1: But great QB evaluator. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he's a great quarterback evaluate He's probably one of the worst head coaches in the history of football, but an amazing offensive coordinator for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll see what happens there. Speaking of all these quarterbacks, Pop real quick, we have more memberships coming. We'll get to that in just a moment. But we had a slugo asking earlier, what's Pop's take on drafting Notre Dame quarterback Riley Leonard in the late rounds. He was just in the National Championship Game, and obviously he was at the Combine n Senior Bowl as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think Riley Leonard would be an interesting so to me, you know, later in the draft, you know, and you could pick it five, six, seven somewhere like that. Riley Leonard to me would be like a Tim Tebow esque kind of quarterback and What I mean by that is you put him in. You put him in on the goal line, right, You bring in the goal line package. And by the way, this would have helped Gino Smith last year when he had no running back. You bring in the Riley Leonard right. Anybody to watch the Opening Drive National Championship game. That kid has got the major league yabos and so is his arm there. I think that's something that who knows if it could develop. But I would tell you I bring him in on the goal line and similar to what Tim Tebow did. You know, you knew he was doing whatever they call that stupid package that they had in uh in Florida there, but you knew he was what he was gonna do, and uh he had the option to do that short passing. And so I would tell you that he would be an interesting I call it slash like type player that you bring in on the goal. I think it'd be interesting because the kids got he's the maze. He reminds me a little bit of of Tony Dungee from Syracuse where he just throws Eric Eric Dune sorry with wild abandon. So yeah, I like that. Late late in the pick, late in the draft, as the kind of well, let's see, kind of player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say, Tony Dungee a little frail, smaller man at this point. I don't know. Back in the day was always.
Speaker 4: Get in my head. I twist those arounds. Yeah, I have, Yes, I have the Eric Dungee autograph Football Downstairs.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, speaking of Dungeees, I've got Tony Dungee's book back here somewhere, which is a wonderful book, by the way, so shout out his power between you know, christ and football and the connection between it and some of his journey throughout the league. So yeah, yeah, quite, there's no doubt about it. So there you go. So I don't so to answer your question slug. Oh yeah, that's popstick. I don't know if he's a franchise quarterback. You know, he's got heart. He's wanting to throw his body on the line. Book throughout the season of Notre Dame, where there's a first down, he's like, yolo, you know, some guys go, I'm not sure if I'm going to stretch for this first down, right, letters like here's my body, whoa and just sort of throws it out there and he gets battered and bruised. So he's a wonderful young man. I don't know if he's got franchise quarterback abilities, but right if you do have kind of that vision for the name I'm about to say is way higher than what I think rad A Leondar could be Brad Smith where he's sort of he's not quite he's obviously not Brad Smith at all, but like that sort of you know, freakish stuff you can kind of work into the playbook. Shout out to n C Green. Here it is reigining memberships. Oh yeah, baby, it is raining. That is five raffle tickets for n C a k A n C Green Delusional Jets fan John B Fucking Jets for life. Wow, smoke Champ.
Speaker 4: Hey, now come on this is the family show.
Speaker 1: Well there you all go. Those are five new raffle tickets NC Green to our contest. Baby, that's been added to the total. So yeah, baby, appreciate it. It is a historic membership ranting show, which we appreciate. So thanks everybody, Thank you so much for the support. All right, pop, is there like I said anything else said that you wanted to get to before we got to the phone lines.
Speaker 4: No, I'd just like to shout out to your Your uncle Chris is here visiting, so oh nice, shout out to him. We'll grilling a little steak action, oh hanging out throwing some cards, so shout out nice as always a shout out to your lovely emm.
Speaker 1: G ah, there you go. Let's let's see. I haven't don this one in a while, so let's throw it up again. Guys, make sure you're show it in the chat for support the imam GI again. All emojis are crafted and created by Snowball, so next to Snowball, he makes every emoji on this channel. We're a handful of quite a few handful of memberships behind for a next emoji, so we'll see what happens in due time. But once you are a boy Green Copic Club member, you have access to all of these and so many of ez oc Ricky New York have the legend the Filium. Oh sure yeah, Filium Terrence, Johnny boyn is Trojan action happening here, Baby Maker Extraordinai, Phil Austrian Jet fan, Jimmy Jets emoji getting some of that in there, and well that's not an emoji. Whoops, went too many pictures down, Nie, Who there we go. So there's god you stopped.
Speaker 4: At that one other one with you in the bathtup of the jellum.
Speaker 1: Hey, there you go. Let's try to avoid that at all bets. But also I'll put this one up too forgot to That one's lower on the total because it's fresher chef Kevin Gilbert hen Now who could be catering our big Boy Green Pop event that's coming up in the near future. Again, more details on that to come. We'll be hammering that out once we get past some of the busyness of free agency, the draft and all that, Jess, because the next big one after all that is the schedule release, which comes out in May, which I'm excited.
Speaker 4: And that's really when the you know, the hits the fan is. When that schedule comes out, the game will be selected and then it'll be a bualifier line things up, tail game, you know, the food, the party, the DJ hep playing live, sure, the hotel package, the special gear made specifically for that day. It's gonna be it's gonna be amazing or as they say here, hazing in homage to your sister.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. By the way, numb one Austin and jet Fan jumping in the mix, which we appreciate here on the channel. Up, let's get get that back up there a super chat coming there. Raw much love to the Eston Klan, keep it up, pump for what is to come and yeah it's gonna be awesome. And again shout out to Austriton and jet Fan. He won our big giveaway in the month of February and long overdue, so it's great for Austria has been such a massive supporter of this channel, so we appreciate you, Austrian. Thank you for everything you do and hopefully that gets there soon. This is our first international travel that we've ever done for a giveaway before, so you know, prayers up to the to the postal workers getting that to you in Austria.
Speaker 4: So did you make sure you were very clear on your penmanship is not your strength?
Speaker 1: It is not, so hopefully so if it's not, I guess we'll send you another package Astrian.
Speaker 4: So hopefully you're not gonna get a picture of a kangaroo with wearing a boy green gear because you said to Australia instead.
Speaker 1: Of Austria, which by the way, it's still available number one Austrian Jet fan. That one sort of claim, but number one Australian Jets fan. If you're out there somewhere, you're that at the placement is reserved for you at the Boy Green Coffee Club round Table. So you know that's a that's available. All right, Pop, you're are you ready for some phone call action?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I could do a couple, yes, And you know, just like every there's a bunch of kids in in Africa right now wearing Kids to Be Chiefs twenty twenty five Super Bowl winner shirts.
Speaker 1: Three peat. Yeah, that's uh three shirts.
Speaker 4: They're still available.
Speaker 1: Those those are classics. That's that's for certain. Okay. Uh, the call in link is about to be live. Maybe a quick cup song. We'll be right back on Boy Green Daily.
Speaker 5: Green Plugging.
Speaker 4: Hoky Jets Football.
Speaker 2: Man, bug Buggy Buggy neon.
Speaker 1: Just Football Club.
Speaker 4: Specialties, Watch Jets Football with My Green Jay Gee gee yes, Chest, Chest Chest, let's go.
Speaker 1: It fires me up every time. Baby. Hep one of our gosh darn legends on the show. He's been such a pillar of the program and this show has exploded over the last couple of years. And a big shout out to HEP for making all that possible. It's it's terrific that HEP on the show. Shout out to Gator for our brand new intro video. I'm sure Pop, you're happy to no longer see Aaron Rodgers featured and shout out to the new HEP call in line. That's very nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really enjoy it. Is my camera screwed up for something?
Speaker 1: No? No, your camera seems fine. I think whatever happened you could blame your parents for so yeah.
Speaker 4: Easy.
Speaker 1: Any who, All right, let's ed jump over to the phone line. We got happier on the show. What's up, Hep?
Speaker 5: Hey, Pop, Hey, Paul, Hey fellas.
Speaker 2: I'm really intrigued with this Hendrickson coming out of Cleveland. What do you think they we might be able to get him for a third rounder?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about the Cincinnati kid Trey Hendrickson?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right, I'm sorry, yeah, the Cincinnati kids.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: No, you know, I don't blame you for just random Ohio the pass rushers in the state of Ohio just demanding trades and try to get out of there. I can understand the confusion. Yeah, I mean, he led the league in sacks last year, so I mean, obviously every you know, it's one of the rich Eisen loves to do this. So like, let's say Patrick Mahomes demanded a trade and Rich Isen's like, oh, guys, don't worry. I came up with the top five list of the teams that should be interested. And he goes number five, your team, number four, your team, number three, your team, number two, your team, he goes to the whole team, like everyone should be interested in this guy. Same thing for Henderson. Thirty one of the thirty two teams should be all in on Sat Henderson. I mean, he's sick and I know a lot of Jet fans. We had the choice a couple of years agoing free agency, who do we go after, Carl Lawson or Trey Hendrickson. We picked Carl Lawson and well, unfortunately that one didn't work out. Trey's awesome. So yeah, Trey would be a wonderful one. If it's only a third round pick, where the hell do I sign up? So that'd be wonderful, Pop, Yeah, I just you're gonna be selective, all right.
Speaker 4: We have some money, you know, when we let whenever Woody's favorite wide receiver leaves the building, we're gonna have some calf space.
Speaker 1: Selectively aggressive. I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to be selectly aggressive. You know, I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I won't back down the fact that I said that. You know, Hassan Reddick, if I didn't realize that he was going to come in eating too many Krispy Kremes and not be dedicated. Assuming he was dedicated, lined up next to Quent Williams, I thought he had an option. So I like the Trey Henderson is gonna be part of the whole package. We can't just you know, grab him at the cost of other other things. I think you line up somebody next to quint Williams and and they're gonna do better. So would he have an impact? Absolutely? Does he fit into the total package of what we can do. I'm not sure because it's gonna costna be expensive.
Speaker 2: Well, Hen Hendrickson could be our hutch and really kind of right.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, that's a good point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think basically this year we're kind of basically retooling our defense, right and getting our offense to be respectable. You know, even if we bring our offense to the middle of the road and we get our defenses back where they were. Then the following year we make our push on the offense.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's a two year program, a two year deal.
Speaker 5: At this time we might sneak into the playoffs.
Speaker 6: You never know, you know, but who knows.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, love it, hep thanks for the call. One hundred percent. We're gonna have to see what happens with everything. Again. You should consider everything right to the Gino Smith point. You don't know when some one's going to be available, who they're going to be available. So I hope Darren muchI, I'm sure he is is doing his due diligence on everybody. Oh Tree Hendrickson available, Oh what are you looking for? Oh what does a contract look like? All right, I'll get back to you. You put that on the board, and then you sort of go through the full process. I think that's an important piece to the puzzle for sure. By the way, people keep asking, the legal tampering periods coming up this Monday at and that means deals and deals likely will be that five minutes after the legal tampering period. It's either NFL people working really fast, or maybe there was some tampering before tampering happening. There's gonna be some deals announced immediately on Monday, I imagine as well. Freegency technically is until Wednesday at four o'clock. We'll see how many moves are left at Wednesday at four o'clock once it officially opens up.
Speaker 3: Pop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm blanking. What was the name of that horror movie where you could kill people for like a day? It was a purge perche right, the NFL need you just call it the purge period or something, the illegal tampering period.
Speaker 1: It sounds oxymoron, right, It.
Speaker 4: Sounds like, hey, for you know, on prom night for an hour. You know we're gonna all look the other way. It's just a stupid.
Speaker 1: Name, all right, Well it is again. It is literally an oxymoron legal ah tampering? Oh not legal.
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm all for the perge. Just for the record.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, you know, I made this take on the radio a couple of years ago. I got a lot of angry calls. You know, what's wrong with trem and a little fat You know, there's like what five billion people on the planet. You know, there's got to be some bad apples mixed somewhere in the mix, would imagine, but that's neither here nor there. Travis preehim gifting a boy Green Copye Club membership. Thanks Travis, appreciate your pal Boom shack a laka. That is another raffle ticket, Travis. You've been piling them up this month, which we appreciate, Thank you so much. That went to David Hall Junior. David Hall Junior just got a membership and Jerby as new members have been added via YouTube, you guys gifting him. He's dropping the discord invite link, which again you guys have access to if you are a member to the Boy Green Copy Club, so feel free to take full advantage of all the perks of again, of being a member. There's a six gifted raffle to or six raffletics. Excuse me for Travis, go ahead, pop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this just didn't are going to legalize the purge. And I actually got some live video. We went to Patrick Macome's house that Josh Allen door.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I fell film as the current populations eight billion plus, So there you go, lot, don't we go room there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I just want to you know, like, uh, you know, I love everyone, but it'd be okay to get rid some stupid people, you know, like it should be that be like everyone, we need everyone take an IQ test and those are the bottom I need you go over here.
Speaker 1: Anyways, all right, let's go back to the pound lines that we've got ju in the GM. Hey, look, there are still some Knicks fans out there in the universe. What's up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's my team.
Speaker 8: You know who's on a scene June the GM if mister boy Drew, that's giddy.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, I wish the Celtics could play the Knicks, you know, and we.
Speaker 1: Got one more, one more. It's near the end of the season. We got one more next Celtics matchup. I can't wait.
Speaker 5: I just seen Rusting going down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the rong Bank nice while yikes, No, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I was doing my little research.
Speaker 8: I know, sometime to get hyper and I'm gonna pronounce the name or say the wrong thing, and Jeff fans have to crucify you for that text.
Speaker 1: Oh that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna start slowing down into the bit.
Speaker 8: So you know who was a big time snub in nineteen fifty five, My unknown guy by the name of Johnny Uniteds got drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers one hundred and second overall and was cut before the season started, and then Baltimore picked him up.
Speaker 5: In the rest is history, he's a Call of Famer.
Speaker 8: If you don't know who Johnny United says, don't watch football, please just go go watch do it another sport.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on pop again, come on so so.
Speaker 1: And by the way, June asked for this. I wanted this to be very clear. Earlier this week, June came to me and I said, you know, you know, uh yes, yes, share your sins from my son. What do you have to share? And he said, actually it's not sins. I got a few, like you know, complaints. Can I send him in. I'd like the Woody shows to be longer Tuesdays theirsis. I'm like, okay, we'll see what we could do. It's just more hop on pop. It's just too sure we need more hop on pops. So you ask for this, dude, you get this.
Speaker 8: It's like sometimes when you pray to God and you ask for something, but you don't ask for the journey to get what you actually Yeah, okay, I'm getting you get but you know, I'll say that to say this right, dude's been getting it wrong since back in the days. When it comes to quarterbacks, it's hard. You only hit out here had a thirty twenty five to thirty percent rate on draft picks. Nobody knows. Pops might not like Shador. I love Shador probably, you know. You know the reports were out there by Chador about him being arrogant, and then I saw more Sllus Whitey's take on it, and I actually like more sllers white He's take because a little bit different from the normal because a lot of dudes get cut checks. ESPN is only gonna say what they're told to say. I feel a lot of times right, I'll sell us why he worked for himself. He basically that be careful calling someone arrogant when they just don't feel that they're in need like other people and they can speak their mind freely. People don't like free speakers of free thinkers. That being said, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know the kid personally.
Speaker 5: I do like him.
Speaker 8: If he forced to seven, hey man, listen, listen, I would take him at seven. That's just my opinion. Will he become a superstar, I don't know, because according to the jocks, Gino Smith.
Speaker 5: We gave up by him pretty damn quick. He turned out to be pretty all right, Gino.
Speaker 8: Same thing where no, they gave up on Baker Mayfield two teams. Right, he looks like a franchise quarterback now, I think, like I said from the get go, a franchise quarterback to be called that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Italian is wanted.
Speaker 8: You have to land in the right situation, right, I mean the coach coaching is essential. The team around you, the offensive line play you would happen up. Coach can adapt the playbook to your strengths is important as well.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: That's what thing I didn't like about Sona when the game was over. We didn't know how to make adjustments. Man, It's like this is what we playing ricking a stick to no no, no, no no. The good coaches Bill part says Bill better. They make adjustments at halftime. That's what wins. And you know why, I gotta be honest. We can make fun of him all we want, but damn, that coach in Philly is pretty damn good to be disrespected all the time. He got them boys looking good out there in Philly. Okay, you know he always does some Athenine stuff.
Speaker 1: Y Santi is such an ass I hate He's a real jerk. And speaking the takes, you know what, you want to give it back to Pop? Right? Pop keeps slamming on here for your necks, which again, there's a lot of meat on that bunt. But Pop, didn't you say before this season that your hot take was Nick sirian Is gonna be fired in the middle of the year and they won the freaking Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I'm good with that, and I'm actually I'm that's a great take, and I'm proud of it because Nick Sirianni was closer to getting fired than being retained. About halfway through the season. The people that forgot about that when he starts yelling at fans and it looks like the wheels were coming off the train.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah h so, but anyways, uh, let me be let me clear the air a bit. I'm gonna have to get off here. Let me clear the air.
Speaker 3: Bit.
Speaker 4: On Schaudur Sanders. I think that Scherdur Sanders is not a first round draft pick. It's not personal. I don't care what he does. I don't care if he wears jewelry or whatever. And I can't believe if if you were raised in Deon Sanders household, you're gonna like talking shit is like breathing, right, So I don't care about any of that, right I don't. I'm just not sure he's that talented. He wasn't that highly recruited. He didn't play that high of a love of competition. This is all my opinion. He didn't play that in some of those facts. He didn't play that high of a level of competition. His mechanics as a passer, there's some flaws there, and some of that stuff you can't fix. Right, you throw the pass the way you throw the past. You can work on it. It might work, it might not. I just don't think he's the player for the Jets. I think that it doesn't fit into Aaron Glenn's philosophy. He says, I'm not making any moves that don't help us win. Now, I don't believe in any scenario, no matter how good your nurse Sanders is, he's gonna come in and help to just win in twenty twenty five. That's my opinion. And that's why with the best draft pick you got, I wouldn't spend it on him. It's not a hatred difference.
Speaker 5: That makes sense.
Speaker 8: That there makes sense if you want to put it that way, that we want somebody to help us win now God makes absolute sense.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't know if not.
Speaker 8: Drafting him at seven puts us in a position to where somebody else drafts him and he looks like the star that we never had. God to be dealing with that as your first year is you know, it's like it like we said, we don't know.
Speaker 5: I do want to bring up a name though.
Speaker 8: That nobody's talking about right as a free agent then I think has a lot of talent.
Speaker 5: They're young and not gonna have to break the bank. I like the Moni Brown from Washington step step in the playoffs looks good.
Speaker 8: Would be a great number maybe not a number two, but good number three receiver who can make a play here and there, but needed. I mean, we don't have nobody right. I don't know why they're not talking about him. He's twenty five years old. I like him a lot, and to put him, you know, working on a little slide in the outside. I think that's somebody that we should pay attention to, and like I said, it's not going to break the bank for us.
Speaker 1: I think I like that, Jude, I like it well. But thanks for the call, June. I appreciate your pal, and you know, good luck to your next God do they need it, There's no question about it. Pop. As we head out here, I just want to make sure I'm not just going to talk about your back. There's a few more cars, so I'll stay on to answer those calls. But I agree with you. Erinklinn keeps talking about win now. But if he thinks a franchise quarterback is on the board at seven, even though he's claiming win now, if he thinks he could draft a guy and let them sit behind, I don't think his strategy of win now is going to prevent him from taking a franchise quarterback if he believes that's on the board at seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I can accept that. I just don't think it's that clear that your Thirstanders is a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not. I don't think it's clear that it's not clear that Cam Warner SUPs Quarterack. It's all gonna be on the jet.
Speaker 4: There's not a Peyton Manning in this class, right there's.
Speaker 1: Not even then that's not guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Obviously, that's right right, there could be a Ryan Leath in this class. That's all I'm going to say about that.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Pop, Thanks as always for joining us. So we'll see you tomorrow morning for more hop on Pop action. Appreciate you. There is a hop on Pop gracing us with this presidence here on the program. I'll stay on and answer a few more phone calls. Again, we got eight hundred people in the room like that video. Hit subscribe. Let's go. Let me check right now, let me see what we're at right now, because we are so close to seventy five hundred subscribers. Let me see here. Let me take a quick peak ski over here on the YouTube sphere. We are fourteen people away from seventy five hundred subscribers and giving away a free piece of atograph New York Jets reverabilia. So any Jet fans you know that's not subscribe to the channel, get their ass over here, baby, and let's go. Let's hit that gash darn subscribe button to get this in front of you more Jet fans eyes. And when I'm going to the post office after the show, i'd love to send another piece out there. We will see if we can do that again. As soon as we reach seventy five hundred subscribers, we will do that. Let's go back to the phone lines here up next. We've got Ricky new York here on the show. What's up? Ricky?
Speaker 6: Hey, what's up? Paul? You know what?
Speaker 9: I gould use some good news this morning and slide up in the drug are bad players in that ninety two range, but there's a lot more intriguing ones, you know, in the seventies.
Speaker 1: We need a fresh mock draft from Ricky new York baby based on this new news.
Speaker 6: You know what I did one. I'll post it and I'll post it on Twitter after this do yeah, but yeah, I actually did one already.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, who get at seventy three? Who is at seventy three?
Speaker 6: I took Jaden Higgins the receiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, nice, I like it.
Speaker 9: Big big kitties like six six three and a half six four, perfect, perfect compliment to have on the other side of Garrett.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I took.
Speaker 9: I took uh Tyler Warren at seven and then ended up stagging Tyler Williams at forty two am.
Speaker 6: Which which yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know what, I was really torn though, because Azra Thomas was also there at forty two.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 9: Was going, yeah, and both of them are like Aaron Glenn guys so and and that's the thing when it comes to schedor like to like put it in terms that people can understand. Like Aaron Glenn wasn't drafting, say college players, say he was drafting everyday people he would be drafting like iron workers and coal miners. He wouldn't be drafting rock stars. H you know, I think that body that that he covets. That that being said, you know what, I think there might be Uh, I think there might be something to this Darius Slayton smoke.
Speaker 6: That I've been hearing.
Speaker 9: That's to me, he's he's still kind of young. He's got that speed and uh that's one thing that that Aaron Glenn talked about, you know, repeatedly with speed and uh also a real commitment to running the ball, which that that'll be nice. Uh you know yeah, I keep going back to thinking, you know, I can't remember if it was dom c or it was some I can't remember who it was, but someone had said one time that you know, we had run plays that were good running plays that probably would have worked, but he checked out of him. You know, like a lot of run plays that might have got checked out of and you know, because we always got to you know, throw that flying.
Speaker 6: Your screen.
Speaker 9: Can it takes the ball to get over there and then the guy's gotta God, that's such an aggravating thing about the way that our offense was, like so many times, like you know, throwing short of the sticks and expecting, you know, make.
Speaker 6: A guy miss and no, how about like you know, you got.
Speaker 9: Six yards to go, you go six yards, you know, and a comeback and and like, I don't know, like it was just really aggravating some of the things that we did.
Speaker 6: But I'm glad that foolishness.
Speaker 3: Will all be over.
Speaker 1: Now, less would be he Ricky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Aaron Glenn.
Speaker 9: He's like, we're gonna run the ball and we're gonna stop the run and that's like first order of business.
Speaker 6: And I like it.
Speaker 9: And you know, running the ball good defense. That's like the Jets football I grew up on. So can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be awesome, Ricky, thanks for the call, manh Yeah, and keep those backdrafts coming, baby, we need now a whole new We have to rip them all up. I'll have to tell Tom C we need we need a post error mock draft correction mock. We might have to do that for Monday. I have to reach out to TOMC about that in advance and see if that's coming. But terrific, It's terrific news. All right, let's go to the phone lines. Let's go to Philly Noodles. Who likely eating a cup of Philly noodles here on the program for breakfast? Why wouldn't be You're on mute Philly. Yep, there a.
Speaker 3: Couple of Greek non fact luber.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's probably the noodles in there, probably somewhere. Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, there you go. Yeah, it's got beautiful a beautiful yeah. Yeah, great Google.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh. First off, June made me go up and get my head.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry New York. I will say this real quick for the Knicks fans. I know we have a lot of Jets Knicks fans in the audience. I don't want the Knicks to go out like if if you're gonna get punched in the face, then get I don't want the end of the Indiana Pacers series where the entire next team was dying like a battlefield war where barely any of you got to the finish line, like if you're gonna lose, lose, punch me in the face, and I lose like a man. And we were healthy. We just weren't good enough. If the Knicks, once again, depending on this Jalen brunts and ankle thing, if that compromises in tire player from that, Timmy's gonna be fucked because that sucks for everything that they tried to build di yours, hopefully my playoffs.
Speaker 7: This is why the worries someone was an anobe getting the deal he got, because if he gets injured quickly, which he heard he did at the beginning of the season and he started missing his games, everyone else is over trying on the roster because the roster they had last year.
Speaker 3: Symbol was doing their thing. But you know, it is what it is. They'll figure it out. They happen.
Speaker 7: Tipita will beat somebody's ass physically. So just hearing that news was seventy three.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I just woke up. Dear God, that's gigantic cool what I teamed it a lot.
Speaker 1: I still don't know how that happened. How did that fuck? Like the NFL themselves had its How did you guys go like a jaz we dropped the draft pick of the crack? Which one was it? I don't know, it's probably this one, like that's crazy.
Speaker 7: But yeah, mister b G, can I say maybe this was a little frozen envelope thing going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a little bit more rich than I to go up to number one?
Speaker 1: That it is? That's a that's a what is it? What do we have on the sheet here? About one hundred points one hundred points A lot of points.
Speaker 3: I think we just played on our draft.
Speaker 1: I think we did. That's a that's a good flavor to have on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, three things? Hop on, Pops, I missed it.
Speaker 7: I wanted to tell Pops it looks like his Cowboys are becoming the NFC East Jets.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 7: Uh to what Ricky said, Uh, the reason why we had that issue with the passing, Oh, we listened to our Lord and Savior Aaron Rodgers for whatever he wanted.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, that's why I put that.
Speaker 7: And the three I heard Connor Rogers pushing Mike Green, that lineman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, usher from Marshall. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think they're gonna draft him because they're going to go through small schools.
Speaker 3: It's not like Marshall's tiny. Marshall gave us some good players Chad Jet and they get in a sense or no, and they gave the league what's his face, Randy Moss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Randy Bobs. Yeah, he was catching passers from Chad. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I gotta say, I think they might go Mike Green if they.
Speaker 1: Like I would do seven. We're talking about.
Speaker 7: It's rich, but I mean they could just because of the athleticism in the in the in the repertoire.
Speaker 1: Hey, the production. He had what seventeen sacks last year?
Speaker 7: Come on, man, Yeah, that's like we're not talking about him. So that could be that name that's there or if it's there late, the Jets could move up to go.
Speaker 1: Get there Jermaine Johnson. Okay, I like that.
Speaker 7: So now you got the two book ends that way, and you know it is what it is. And Kenneth Grant was getting pushed heavily by somebody on uh you know that was interviewed by the Jets.
Speaker 1: That seems a popular Bengals pick and I think they picked like seventeen or something like I've seen to him go there a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and uh the Ommi Brown, I get it.
Speaker 7: I mean for that, I'd rather just rely on the draft with June's take for real, like because you're gonna pay this guy some money, like Darry Slaton too, I don't know, Like Tim Patrick, I get it. It's opening the field over the top. Yeah, you got Foorly, haven't even used him. He might be faster than a couple of those other players.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So maybe we don't even know.
Speaker 3: But uh again, let's let free agency chips slide like they're going to.
Speaker 1: We're about to find him out in Philly.
Speaker 3: Yeah is big?
Speaker 1: Yeah, coup of Philly noodles. Thanks for the call, man, It is again I can't. I know a lot of people, like I said, I did that SpongeBob joke earlier, a lot of people like jet fins what nineteen picks? What? What the hell is nineteen picks? And I'm like, come on, man, it's it's good again. I talk about the draft value. When you go to the value chart again, I know I'm a draft nerd with this. The equivalent is a fourth round pick that could be massive in trades for whether it's proven veteran players or moving up in the draft. It could be for just getting a better player nineteen spots different. That's just massive of who could be available at the top of a third round versus the end of a third round. That could make a huge difference. I think this is something world circle. We see what ultimately happens with that pick as it travels in the draft. I think we might come back to this as saying, Wow, this is a pretty seismic moment here. We have eight other people in the room. To make sure you guys like the video, hit subscribe, but make sure you all get on your hands and knees and bow down. The filium has joined us. FLFILM ninety eight. Baby, Good morning, Paul.
Speaker 10: It's good to see you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I wanted to jump on today because with free agency upon us, we've talked about the salary cap, understanding the salary cap a bit, and there was a call the other day about Kyler Murray and that there was only a couple, only a couple of years of guaranteed money left and all that people need to understand that the cappit implications of contracts.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 10: I don't know if there's anybody you can bring on, or if you think you're up to doing it yourself or whatever, But just because a guy only has twenty million in guaranteed money left, doesn't mean that's what our cap implications going forward on. This is how teams get themselves into cap hell to stay under the cap. If you sign a guy for big money, you can front load it with a signing bonus, have multiple out years so that you admortize that so you don't take a giant cap hit in a single year. You can show all kinds of lower numbers per year, but ultimately, the entirety of the cap, as long as they're on your roster, is on your cap. So if a guy has money left on a contract, even if it's not guaranteed. Case inpoint, we're all dancing in the street about the twenty nine million dollars we just cleared for DeVonta Adams. Are you guys aware we're paying him eight million dollars in dead cap money simply because he had a contract not guaranteed, but he had a contract that he was on our roster. If we had kept him, and as we renegotiated, we would have had to pay him thirty eight million dollars and none of it was guaranteed. That's how it works, guys, all right. So it's way different than well, you know, if you only pay him this much guaranteed money, that's that. All the guaranteed money does is give you the option like we had with DeVante, which is, if you want to get rid of a guy and he has no guaranteed money left, you can get rid of him, you can cut him, trade him, whatever, But a portion of that contract is almost guaranteed to hit your cap that year.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 10: So you know, I hope that's sort of a generalized thing. And with with free agency coming, we don't just have to look at the player that we want. We got to understand the contract implications, especially if we're taking on a player who has contract.
Speaker 1: Already hundred percent and fill him with you reaching out right now, what I'm going to try to do. We'll see if we could do it in it'll be less than twenty four hours. But I got by the way, if I appreciate that, you know, get a guy or unless you're capable and let me make this perfect player. I'm capable. I am an idiot. I have to calculator tailor cap this with that I know whatever I've taught myself about the CAP. So no, definitely not capable. But I think you're right there are all these common misconceptions with contractual lingo. I know a great guy that worked for PFF and he's worked for a team before doing CAP stuff. He's the number one guy that I'm always texting and reaching out to, so I'd love to bring him to the show to explain, especially a head of friends if we can get him on the show tomorrow, that they'd be perfect, but to explain a lot of the common and obviously he'll be live on the show, so hopefully people can ask questions to intermentim in the chat about dead cap pits and guaranteed money and there's void years. I think there's so many stuff that are and I say this mostly for me peanut brain, but everyone to understand and wrap their mind around, like what the cap and contracts and everything actually looks like it'd be a good one oh one class. I think before free agency to have Yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Think it would be a great time to do it right now, and going through this next couple of weeks. Anytime a player comes up, we could actually discuss not only do we want this guy, but what are the cap hit implications and lastly on you know, on that the only reason that we're in decent shape because again we when when we take into account Rogers, even at the fifteen million dollar level, we got about forty five million in dead cap right now and there's going to be more. Okay, we're all, you know, we all want to move on from Alan Lazar. The what we keep hearing is well, it frees up six million dollars. Yeah, but the rest of the contract is still a dead cap pit.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 10: You know, these are the things that need to be you know, really understood. So you know, yeah, I think it would be great to have, let like incorporate that into the discussions with the players.
Speaker 1: We're looking at one hundred percent, so Fillium, we'll see if we can bang it out for before tomorrow. So I hope, So I hope he is available tomorrow morning because I'd love to do it. Like I said, it'd be super beneficial for people don't know. Legal tamp break Perier is Monday at Nude Free Agency is Whence day at four o'clock, so we're gonna be getting free agency news hitting the Jets asap, both in house guys and new guys being added to the rotation. So see what we can do. Phillium, thanks for the inspiration there.
Speaker 10: Thanks a lot, Paul Pate.
Speaker 1: There is Flfail ninety eight baby, an absolute legend joining us here on the program. I'll see if I could do that. It'd be great to get. I know a couple of cap people in the industry that are way smarter than me about all things cap, and there's so many questions I think we all have about as We'll see if I could do that as well. Yeah, Allen says, OTC and spot Track are my go tos. Yeah, I one hundred percent use both of them. OTC is over the cap, aunt Jets eighty two. Who's asking, So it's over the cap and spot Track. When I go for highest paid players in the league and I'm looking at annual salary, I use over the cap all the time. Spot Track has a tab on there so they cover all the contracts in sports, specifically NFL. They have a market value tab that projects what a player's worth on the open market and I use that all the time when I'm writing articles and stuff and trying to get a sense of players things of that nature. They're really good, so they do a lot of stuff. So OTC spot Tracker great. We'll see if we can get maybe one of those guys over there or more. I got someone from formerly a PFF. We'll see if I can reach out there as well well. Alan and everybody else for that matter. Thank you so much for joining us on the show again. We got a full article on the YouTube description dabbo. Let me do a quick discount double check to see if we reached it, and we did not. We did not reach it yet, but that's okay. We'll be reaching it soon. When we reach seventy five hundred subscribers, will give away a free piece of autograph New York Jets memorabilia. Can't wait for that. Thanks everybody for tuning in and we will see you tomorrow morning for Boy Green Daily. Take care of