Speaker 1: Steve Rivera and Jacin Salles. They have their eye on the ball on Tucson Sports State yet Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to wind the ball. Here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera and you would be today's Dave Silver. Now we have Henry with breaking news.
Speaker 1: This is I on the ball, breaking news on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Utah State will officially join the PAC twelve in twenty twenty six. Five Mountain West schools have now joined the PAC twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about this whole week or so ago. Right, it's the merger of lipstick on a pig. It's still techt Uta say it was in the Mountain West. Yeah, okay, yeah, I can't keep track anymore. It doesn't make any sense. It's not the Pack to They just changed the name. He's changed the name should be like the Pack twelve West or something. Actually, Oregon State and Washington State have joined the Mountain.
Speaker 4: West right right right, New alb next, probably New Mexico pass.
Speaker 5: Just do it enough.
Speaker 4: Somebody mentioned too recently that the TV situation was obviously played a big part and everything that this is going to be perfect for like the TNT world because they're losing the NBA. Basically, this is going to give them programming for less money and they're going to you know, it'll be less than what everybody else is getting, but they're going to want to take this whatever it's called Pac twelve.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Sure.
Speaker 3: The Mets and Braves game today and tomorrow has been postconed because of a hurricane, and they will play a double hudder on Monday. Both teams are fighting for the final two wild card spots with the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that what's today Wednesday. We won't know what's going to happen until the weekend probably right with all the fallout or whatever it.
Speaker 3: Happens, there's a chance they might not even play those that double hudder because because many games too, they could eliminate themselves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Diamondbacks are going backwards. So well then how did they get in last year?
Speaker 4: Did they kind of how did they back door in or did they because they were like so they're a wild card, they wound up playing through the wildcard right situation. Yeah, but they kind of got barely got into right. Yeah, but they've definitely stumbled the last couple of weeks they were playing so well in the later part of the summer.
Speaker 3: Show, Hey O, Tony's fiftieth home run ball will be auctioned off in the beginning. The bidding war will begin on Friday.
Speaker 2: And the beginning the bidding war is five hundred k right, initial one, yes, five hundred k. And what it was the asking price four point five yes, if you buy it right now at the going rate of four point five million. And I was I was coming with the guys to the show today, and I'm thinking, at what point is too much money and greed and all that stuff. We talked a little about that a couple of days. What do you do with the ball? I mean through the guy? Yeah, what do you do if you win?
Speaker 4: I mean you put it on display someplace and you're if you're, if you're, if you're the.
Speaker 5: Guy did and win the show?
Speaker 4: Hit?
Speaker 5: Oh oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, No.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's the The Dodgers want the ball obviously, right, because it's part of the found their history. Now, I don't know, it's just like everything else, like Elvis's belt or or his vest or whatever.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have stuff, but I just keep it on my wall, but you don't have shown.
Speaker 5: No, I don't have. I don't have. I don't have anything worth more than ten bucks.
Speaker 4: I had a chance to go to Dodger Stadium this summer and the bhad no no, I don't know. That was pretty funny too, the babblehead when the dog line and the line well for the show show me. I was like, lines, yea forever they are they have are really cool. I never knew about this, but my son and I had a chance to go into the upper right field area. Dodger Stadium have a great Dodgers museum up there, all kinds of stuff all the way back to Brooklyn and all the stuff as they made their move to Los Angeles. So that's probably where the ball will reside if they get it, if they can. I mean there's tons of stuff there. I mean they have Cofax jerseys and things like that.
Speaker 2: If they if they like say, if they get the ball, I mean, if they pay for the ball or somebody else gets the ball and then down the road. They said it was gonna be worth lot more money, right if you kept it longer.
Speaker 4: I don't know its memorabilia, Yeah, four and a half million is that what they think.
Speaker 5: It's that's what he's saying. That's what he's saying.
Speaker 2: You could start to bind at five hundred thousand, but if you want it now it's four point.
Speaker 5: Three, you can have it for four point five. It's a really fifty bucks, right, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 3: The Liberty and Aces both won Game two of their series yesterday and have now advanced to the second round of the w NBA.
Speaker 5: What were the Aces? What were they seated? Two? Three? Did they play a higher seat or lower seat?
Speaker 6: They played a lower seat? I can check exactly, because they weren't.
Speaker 5: They didn't have a great year.
Speaker 6: They did not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't have the best, but were the four and they beat the five seeds.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, so that's that's okay. So that's now. We'll see what happens because they're good, but they're not.
Speaker 3: They're kind of coasting in the regular season. Like, yeah, Clark plays tonight, Yeah they played thirty.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some guy was saying, and this might be for for Matt. Some dude last than in the radio was saying that if you if you're a gambling man, bet over, bet everything over. She's gonna get she's gonna play pissed because of the black eye.
Speaker 3: I just feel like, yeah, she's not gonna have two terrible games in a row, and the refs are gonna after that black eye.
Speaker 2: Okay that's what are my gambling guys say.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, but insiders.
Speaker 3: It was reported today that Arizona will start Basketball Conference play on December thirtieth verse TCU, and we'll end play versus Kansas on March eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so March eight they go to Kansas and then the week later, I don't know what date in March eight is. It mightbe a weekday and then they play in the in the Big twelve tournament.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 2: They can just hang out, just hang out. That's what I'm thinking about. If I go, I'm just gonna stay in the area.
Speaker 5: Kansas City is great too. Yeah, people.
Speaker 2: I don't think people here because they're so spoiled that Vegas, right, and you've been there a few times, it's it's it is sodom and gomorren Vegas. When Arizona fans go up there, it's kind of crazy. It's you know, yeah, debauchery.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be interesting to see what type of crowds. We get there if we can, If we can, good luck somehow get in that arena. Good luck three thousand. It ain't gonna be Vegas. It's not gonna be Vegas because they're not gonna go to Kansas City. Maybe a select few will, right, And the conference has rabbit fans too, if not more so. Yeah, every every every one of those, especially the big the big schools.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I do think it's gonna be It's gonna be different, it's gonna be fun. And people out in the Big twelve were saying, you guys had fun in Vegas.
Speaker 5: We're having fun here, don't you wear you'll be You'll be.
Speaker 4: Okay, come in and eat our barbecue. They right, great food. It'll be a little colder, yep, but you'll enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Arizona Baseball got a twenty twenty six commit yesterday left handed pitcher and outfield their crew Collige. They're up to now six commits for the twenty twenty six class.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's baseball, right, Yeah, yeah, baseball? All right? Didn't they this year's team?
Speaker 4: If I was reading correctly, I thought Greg Hanson maybe mentioned something about them being able to keep a couple of those top recruits that could have been drafted or were drafted. So the pitching whatever, the roster will have some players who could have gone pro but they're instead gonna come here.
Speaker 2: For that, which is fantastic because you're always worried about that. Right, Yeah, you have to wait a while before they decide what they're gonna do.
Speaker 5: And that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chip ails, he's doing a good job. Depends. Yeah, right, that's all I got. Okay, cool, anything else? I know that the swimming schedule you a screaming schedule. I just got that in an email. They've announced their swim meets for five Anybody interested to just go to the website. I haven't gone to. Did you go to Easy Desert's form at all today? Because I wonder if they have some quotes from Tommy Lloyd. Yeah, just enthusiastic about playing or getting ready for this year's season.
Speaker 5: You know, Tommy's being Tommy's cool.
Speaker 4: He's totally different than Sean much. Yeah, he's got a lot of loot in him, but not to the extent of that loot. Loot was kind of you know, lut walks in throughom you knew loot was Tommy walks into a room, You're thinking, hey, dude, what's up? Yeah, you know, and you wouldn't say that to Loot. It's I'll throw in one more, one more little news items, just personally. Okay, this is the the end of the run for the Oakland A's. Oh yes, is there? Tomorrow is their last game? So is that stateium gonna be ready? They're gonna go to Sacramento, Okay for maybe a couple of years. And I don't even think the Vegas thing has even been.
Speaker 5: So that's your Triple A team, right, It used to be it's the Giant's Triple A team. But it used to I guess he used to. It was for a while.
Speaker 4: But I was watching the game last night and they had a you know, they don't draw at all, but they had a good crowd last night.
Speaker 5: You from the Bay, Why don't they draw?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 5: Just it's always just been a tough sell. What do you mean by always?
Speaker 4: Even back in this I was a kid in the seventies when they were really, really good.
Speaker 5: You could go get a ticket and sit as close as you'd want with Rudy right and then Jackson? Yeah, really is it?
Speaker 4: Why I don't know, you know, there's a stigma, stigma about going to Oakland, and you know it just didn't have the glamour of San Francisco and they were always in their shadow. Well, the Warriors are in that terrible ownership. Okay maybe, but everybody's left Warriors and the Raiders and now the as. This is the end of a city's professional sports.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, teams.
Speaker 4: So that's going to wrap up tomorrow, So that'll be that'll And I think it's sold I know.
Speaker 5: It's sold out.
Speaker 4: So that one time I heard, yeah, I heard the tickets were going for like seven hundred and fifty dollars or things like that. So they saved all their money these stealing chairs, you know, out of thee for the last game of the season so they didn't have to go during the season. Yeah, and there's one hundred games out from the playoffs. I don't know, they're not that bad. Well, Chicago's are really bad in white Sox.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, I forgot too.
Speaker 3: Men that Arizona volleyball will be kicking off Big Twelve Conference play today at five at Baylor.
Speaker 2: Eleven and oh right, yeah eleven and oh and we talked about this before yesterday. Think goes right. You got to learn how to win. They're learning how to win. You see how it does in the Big twelve.
Speaker 5: Is that going to be I wonder if they're gonna be televised.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I'm asking that question openly here, but I know a lot of games are going to be on ESPN Plus.
Speaker 6: That's what it says. This game is there, you go.
Speaker 4: So I know that some of the home games, home matches were on ESPN Plus. So that's my cueue to everybody who's listening. If you're a Wildcat fan, you need to get ESPN Plus. Yeah, and I'll be getting a check from them now. But no, it's because that's what we're gonna have a lot of It's going to be just like the PAC twelve network basically. I think that's where the games are going to show up. M hm, that's cool. Yeah, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be much better than what we were used to the last few years with PAC twelve. Right, you didn't know you're going to see it or not, and then if you did, you have to pay all the extra yeah, extra prices.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm a big fan of ESPN Plus. Honestly, there's a lot on there. Yeah, okay, I watch it for UC and bo Box.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean if you if you're just bored, you want to watch an old thirty for thirty or somebody. All their documentaries are on there. Yeah you guys watched thirty for thirty.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I used to watch a bunch of them, just as we have.
Speaker 2: We have minutes here, we have like four or five minutes. Your favorite one?
Speaker 3: Oh, I really like the the Bad Boy Pistons one.
Speaker 5: That one was okay, yeah, yeah that was That was a few years ago.
Speaker 3: The problem is the ones that I really enjoyed were like like anti against my team, like the one about the Red Sox coming back against the Yankees. That's an enjoyable one, even though I'm a Yankees fan, And like the Reggie Miller against the Knicks one. I like that one even though I'm Knicks.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, all been pretty good years.
Speaker 4: D Oh god, I love the one about that one date like it was June sixteenth, nineteen ninety four when the ojh oh yeah.
Speaker 5: That just came on.
Speaker 4: That just recently showed it again because it was this is like the thirtieth Ani. Sure you had that, but it was like Arnold Palmer's last US Open, the OJ thing, the NBA Finals, Soccer World Cup.
Speaker 5: I think they're all going on like they do. You remember where you were?
Speaker 2: You remember where because I know where I was that day, I mean working There was a boxing match.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you know how boxing in this time is wherever they go on a venue, they put up rink. And which one was this? This was at Congress. It was an outdoor event. I was just dating my then wife Linda, and it was a boxing match outside on Congress, just the right there on the corner of the freeway in Congress. And uh, I had to watch a couple of fights, and I was in the car listening to what was going on of the chase.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm thinking this couldn't be.
Speaker 4: I think I'm pretty sure I was at the TV station because it was all in the opening, right, Yeah, everybody everybody used It was probably it was like six o'clock something like that, and then the NBA game was going at the same time.
Speaker 5: But that was a great thirty For thirty, there's so many good ones. Yeah, this might be enough. I loved them, you know.
Speaker 2: Of course the Michael Jordan ones and all that, but the marketers do pre the guy who never was or whatever?
Speaker 5: It was Oklahoma, Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 5: What do you about?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 5: Bet you remember? Did you watch me?
Speaker 4: But who are you know? There? There were good There was one Bill soccer player at Columbia the goal the death threats, Escobar. His name was Escobar.
Speaker 2: She was just like, yeah, no, he had death threats and all that. Oh yeah, well did you did you watch the Bill Woton stuff?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was fantastic for a.
Speaker 2: Guy that kind of knew him and then obviously knew Luke and and then talked to Bill a lot. It was like, this is the guy nobody knows. Yeah, and everybody who criticized him, you need to watch this because he was a human being.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was. It was wonderful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I mean I've you know, I go back to his U c l A days, even when I was in college. I'm thinking, because he was from San Diego, he'd already gotten too U c l A.
Speaker 5: By the time I got to college.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so he was always kind of in I in my mind all these years, and it was it was great to see that.
Speaker 2: Right, No, and not too you about ten years younger than He's not an old guy. He was like seventy two, seventy three when he passed. Yeah, very sad, yeah yeah, very sad at the end, but a good, good guy. I thought he took a too much heat, especially in this town. And I did a big story for Fox a few years ago, ten years ago or something. How obviously he was polarizing, but I said, erizone, fans need to give him a pass. His son played here, yeah forgot, his Sun played here, and he loved the universe.
Speaker 4: I love talking about Tucson too. I mean they put a mural of him up upon the building by the reality bike.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Okay, we got to go come back, and then we're gonna talk to We're talking to at the four seventeen All Oh, Jennifering from Channel four.
Speaker 8: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement from the latest slots and table games, you award winning dining to world class entertainment to a luxurious resource, Discover all this and more. Discover with Soul, Casino del Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 5: Are you ready enterprise?
Speaker 6: So Fasco Yuki try.
Speaker 9: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the window deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 5: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 10: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 5: Of course, to.
Speaker 11: Feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 12: It's award season for summer sports leagues and time to look at trophies for baseball, softball, volleyball, and swimming seasons for youth and adult leagues. Summer has arrived and it's time to replenish your promotional products for your company's giveaways. Keep your employees looking great in fresh new apparel, polos and caps with your sharp looking logo. Creative Awards is here to serve your professional and promotional products needs. Visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight Westtrackman Street, or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot.
Speaker 6: Com at Nova home loans.
Speaker 13: We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs, whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or called five two oh six eight five six two six Today n MLS three oh eight seven aerazon a b k Ninez two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, how to commitment to lyric cyn credit rates and available loan programs of subject to change Donutumice.
Speaker 10: Did you know sports cards that memorabilia are setting records sales last month of nineteen fifty two tops Mickey Mantle so for twelve point six million, Lebron James Rookies SO for five point six Also, collecting cards is a family fun hobby that can be very profitable. If you want to start a collection or expand your collection, check out Showtime Cards. They are one of the leading card shops in the country and have served our local community for twenty five years. They are located on e Speedway. That's showtime cards. Ready to save but not sure where to begin? Take the Pyramid that will Credit Union ten thousand dollars saving challenge and we'll guide you along the way. Save five hundred dollars over six months as a member and.
Speaker 5: You could win big. Watch your savings grow to help you.
Speaker 14: Reach goals like buying a car, owning a home and more. Visit Pyramid FCU dot com Slash ten k challenge to get started today.
Speaker 6: That really insured and see you wag.
Speaker 14: Gut bugs, termiteespees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. US can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpess dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Selling your home? Want to get more money for it will Danny Roth can help you. He told me about is You Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Armny Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home, call Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 1: Breaking down all the exes at Alls. It's Steve Rivera and Jagin Salves. This is I on the pall on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to Ian the Bay. Here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty, I'm Steve Rivera. In with me today is Dave Silver. We got Henry with us and Matt. Now we have KVOA TV's sports director, Jenna.
Speaker 5: I think, Jenna, how are you good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 15: Thanks for having me on?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, busy, busy must be for the sports director at a station when there was a lot going on.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, we're not complaining, right, football, high school football, volleyball, basketball, It's almost crossover season already.
Speaker 7: Kind of feels like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no question.
Speaker 2: I guess crossover officially starts when when Tommy Lloyd starts coaching on the court and Dia Barnes, right, I don't think I saw you today at Tommy, but did you go to Adias a couple of days ago?
Speaker 15: I was also not at that one, but I've listened to both of them and had a chance to hear what they had to say.
Speaker 2: And what did you gain from Let's let's start with Ada first and then we'll kind of circle back to football.
Speaker 5: But what was her message?
Speaker 15: I think her biggest thing that stood out to me was kind of what we had even been talking about last year with how important it was to have the core fresh then freshman group back now, so Jada Williams, Braya Cunningham, having Montea do in this year after she was out from injury last year. So having the core of them, Skyler as well Jones back and having all the experience that they did as a freshman going into the Pac twelve tournament making a run to the quarterfinals, having the experience playing in the NCAA tournament, and now they're back as sophomores and they've added, you know, pieces around them. I think that makes this group exciting to watch. And I think that she really emphasized that idea that they are stronger, they're more confident, they've become leaders of this team even as sophomores, and now that she's excited to see what they can do on the core.
Speaker 7: That was one of the biggest things that stood out to me.
Speaker 15: I think that was something that she even emphasized last year. You know, it might be tough last year with you know, playing with seven players, playing with freshmen, four freshmen starting, three freshmen starting, but now it's going to pay off in her mind.
Speaker 4: Going to be fun to see them go into a new conference too, don't you think after having this deal in Stanford all these years and you know, USC and UCLA, Washington, I mean, one after another. What do you know about the Big twelve women's basketball? Have you even researched it yet?
Speaker 7: A little bit?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 15: I know that's kind of the thing with with locals. It's hard to look too far ahead because you're you're dealing with dealing with the present. But I think that was something that he always said last year. Oh thank god, we don't have to play Stanford anymore. I think it's not quite as as strong as Pac twelve basketball, but I still think that there is.
Speaker 7: You know, it's it's kind of the unknown, right.
Speaker 15: They don't know how Arizona might necessarily stack up against the other Big twelve teams in certain terms of their style of play and all that kind of stuff. I think that I haven't fully done you know, research on that quite yet, but it'll be interesting to see how they kind of fit into the new conference. But I know Adia has said multiple times that she is happy not to play Stanford and Juju Watkins and USC anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, And that's the siety because we won't get to see Juju Watkins.
Speaker 5: She's being a privavate player in the year.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, she's fantastic. That she's fantastic. So, so, what did you get from Tommy Lloyd today? I was there as him a couple of questions. What did you get from what he said?
Speaker 15: Also, you know, I thought it was interesting the you know, one thing that Adea has talked about under the recent couple of years is finding the right roster size, and that was something that you know, Tommy Lloyd only has eleven scholarship players this year, he has nine walk ons to kind of help, and he was talking about how that kind of seems to be benefiting their team in practice so far, which you know, obviously it's so early, you know, practice is kind of all we have, you know, to talk about at this point. They haven't even had the red blue suitcase yet. But I thought that was interesting his approach to the roster size and you know, having eleven and then having nine walk ons, and he talked about like the Green team, their their practice team really benefiting the guys, and I thought that was something that stood out to me. I didn't know, you know, he's mentioned there's enough for two green teams, two practice squads, which I thought was I thought was interesting. And I think it's good that they have, you know, the core guards coming back this year as well, and Jaden Caleb and kJ as well.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna look a little Dave here that that they're gonna look a little like ninety seven maybe ninety eight three guard lineup with with Brad Lee, kJ and love where you had Bibby Simon and Terry Terry or Michael Dickrison, I should say, because cag is a lot like Michael Dickerson.
Speaker 7: HM, well, I've paid off. I paid off that year, So.
Speaker 4: It it's gonna be. They're gonna have to extend the bench. How are they gonna do twenty players? They're gonna loop around the.
Speaker 2: Dave I I when he was talking about that and we saw the photo of everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's like an entourage.
Speaker 2: You know where they gonna put him on the They're gonna have to buy tickets for the guys in the.
Speaker 5: Back to put him somewhere.
Speaker 4: Well, you got the you got the athletic director's son, you got the coaches son.
Speaker 5: Who else is on this team?
Speaker 4: Garrett mister Whiteman's son son? I mean, come on, are you on the team?
Speaker 5: Do you have no? I have no more eligibility? Okay, well we just challenge just checking on the green team. No, no, okay, I remember we asked.
Speaker 4: I was with something at an event with Jack Murphy last week and one of the guys asked, well, how big is the rostering? He goes twenty players? I don't know has that ever. No, No, I mean no, they've had fifteen.
Speaker 2: No, it's like it's like, oh brohly you getta you gotta see you get to see you to see him.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see how that goes. But you know, well, are they gonna they're gonna travel And that's no. I don't think it's gonna bigger outplane. That's private plane. Last I heard it was gonna have to cut costs. Yeah, So so we'll see.
Speaker 2: So how so what else did you go from Tommy's Commy. Tommy's Tommy, right, he wants to give you stuff, but he doesn't really give you stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 15: Talking about Caleb Love and how he kind of hinted that he wanted him to maybe even make some more changes to his game, I mean, he came in from North Carolina where he shot the ball a ton and you know, took kind of change that a little bit, didn't shoot quite as much last year, and so maybe you wonder, you know what what that might look like like, you said, though he did not give anything away in terms of what those conversations were like. Understandably, you know, wanting to keep that internal, which you know at this point in this season, hasn't even started yet. Makes makes perfect sense, but you know, it's interesting that he kind of suggested that, Okay, maybe we might see a shift in the way Caleb was playing this year.
Speaker 5: Right, I asked him.
Speaker 2: I asked him exactly that, because I was the first guy to asking about Caleb. And then he followed up with what he I said, what do you mean by work or changes? Then he became more evasive. You know, can you explain? No, not really, I'm not going to tell you. But you know, I think if you if you're a coach and you have Caleb and we know how good he is, and we also know he can get into funks and at the final in the final month, he went into a funk.
Speaker 4: Do you want him to shoot more? Do you want to shoot less?
Speaker 2: If you're the guy that's going to tell him, what do you want to tell him?
Speaker 7: Oh? Wow, good thing.
Speaker 15: I'm not the coach, but I think I think shooting not necessarily less than last year, but certainly less than he did at North Carolina.
Speaker 7: I mean that was a benefit.
Speaker 15: You have other playmakers, you know, on team who can step up and make those those shots as well. I don't know exactly what I would tell him maybe I don't know. Luckily, I don't have to be the one to tell him that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna It's always fun this time of year two when we're sitting there thinking about the future and whatnot. But there's something special about when the season begins and really seeing who these guys are and what they are. And you can sometimes his spot right from the very beginning. Oh my gosh, this guy's got you know, he can shoot from wherever, or this guy's a great rebounder. That seems to be the way UFA basketball is operated for years.
Speaker 15: They had a press conference introductory press conference with Toby a Waka from Tennessee last week or two weeks ago. I was really impressed with just his his composure and the way he approaches the game and the way he kind of he seemed very you know, methodical in his approach to the game, but when he gets on.
Speaker 7: The court, it's it's very physical.
Speaker 15: You know, he is passionate about rebounding and the defensive side of the ball. So I thought, you know, just hearing him talk about the game and the way he approaches it was very interesting, and you know, he's just one of a couple of turnsfers coming in, so I think it'll be exciting to see how those news guys come in and make an impact as well.
Speaker 2: No, in fact, I know you asked the question about uh about reading.
Speaker 5: And he did.
Speaker 2: He did come off as a special player about that, very very intellectual, very uh forward thinking, talked about his mom and how he became a reader and he was a philosophy guy. And I saw your story. I thought it was very very good because it was a non basketball story and you know, and yeah, I don't know if you agree with this. And I've been here a thousand years, you've been.
Speaker 5: Here a little over. We don't get to talk about those things very often.
Speaker 15: That's the that's the beauty of preseason type of things like that, because I'm not asking him about the book he's reading when we're.
Speaker 7: When he's about to play duke, you know.
Speaker 15: Like when they're in the season kind of you know, uh, in this in the season grind. I guess I could say, I think, you know, preseason is a really.
Speaker 7: Great time where you get to kind of learn.
Speaker 15: These little things about I mean, he said he wants to read the Myth of Sisipus, which I had never even heard of until he said.
Speaker 7: That, and then I went and looked it up.
Speaker 15: So I think it's, you know, just really cool to learn these little things about each of the student athletes that kind of makes them them off the court in addition to them, you know, just knowing how many rebounds per game he had last year at Tennessee.
Speaker 2: So general, before Dave says, you've been here a little about eighteen months, almost two.
Speaker 5: Years whatever, Yeah, about a year and a half. We'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 2: But Dave and I have been here for since since nineteen hundred. But before all that, that far, before before all this were they only brought two players in and you don't get to talk to blah blah blah. We got to spend a lot of time with the guys, and those were our stories we did, you know, they the things that they didn't do during basketball, and it was fantastic we were able to tell their stories. I wish that would come back. I know, I'm Pollyanna here, right, But no, good job because you did something that isn't normal.
Speaker 4: No, that is good because you know, back in our day, back in the old days, you know, we used to get everybody basically they.
Speaker 5: They don't wanted.
Speaker 4: Like on a Tuesday or whatever, the weekly news conference, you'd get to Coach Olsen would come up and talk and then he'd sometimes come over and talk to you individually as well, and then you get to go in the locker room.
Speaker 5: So things have changed.
Speaker 4: But it's good that you can pull a story like that. You know, in front of every did everybody get to hear the same answers?
Speaker 5: Sure? Sure, but that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Everybody gets to hear your question and then run with the story or not right, right, So there you have it. Okay, let's move on to football and the team that's making your life tough because even though they're two and one, it's you. You got to say they're two and one and probably not playing well.
Speaker 15: Right, it doesn't feel like the two and one that I don't think if you had said at the beginning of the year that they'd be two and one at this point in the season, I don't know how surprised, right many fans, many people.
Speaker 7: Would be, but I think it's just the way that they're two and one. Right. You had the big win over New Mexico.
Speaker 15: But then you had the shaky, shaky win over and a where it was like, okay, you know, people expected it to maybe be a bigger win than.
Speaker 7: It actually was. And then Kansas State they came.
Speaker 15: Out looking fantastic in the first drive and then nothing after that. So you know, it wasn't as close of a loss in that instance as maybe people were expecting in the top fifteen matchup, the top twenty matchup at the time.
Speaker 7: So I think, yeah, you know, there's been a lot of.
Speaker 15: Increased expectations surrounding this team, just given you know, where they were last year and how many star players have come back. I think, you know, people's expectations are higher, and that's why there's kind of this uneasiness maybe perhaps surrounding the program so far as they get ready for another you know, they get ready for conference play.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't help to have the week in between, an extra week to think about it, so right, and talking about this for two weeks now, so right.
Speaker 7: Everyone can just talk about it more.
Speaker 15: But I think, you know, in their in their media availability this week, you know, I think they've at this point at least seen the benefit of having the bye week, you know, especially injury wise, it sounded like, you know, there were some more players banged up than maybe even we knew about, you know, tight Ends, especially you know Baber's mentioned that today or yesterday that you know tight Ends maybe a little banged up. That's why they haven't been used as much, so specifically Kean Burnett.
Speaker 7: So that could be interesting to see.
Speaker 15: Hopefully maybe they get a little bit more usage against Utah and you know, just having the time to get healthy, time to tweak some things, you know of Fafita talked about that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm not sure if you know Dave at all or Dave was a TV guy. Uh, like you're you're you're a TV person here in town. But he had help, he had two or three people, right, Uh, And I was, you know on newspaper. Everyone knows that you you are a one man band? How how is that? How is that?
Speaker 15: Thankfully I've had the experience of doing this before and in my first job, I was also one person department, a smaller you know, I wasn't covering power.
Speaker 7: For athletics like like the U of A.
Speaker 15: But I have the experience of kind of running it. But no, you just do the best you can, you know, I cover. I try to cover as much as I can, but I also recognize can't to everything, and so that's that's just kind of.
Speaker 7: How I approach it.
Speaker 15: I just I just do the best I can, try to cover you know, obviously U of a everything, but also you know, we still value, you know, still cover high school. We have our Friday Football Fever show every Friday night with high school football, which is a blast, and yeah, just kind of try to spread it out as much as possible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the land the landscape of local television has definitely changed. I mean I've I've been out of it now for a while. But you know, we were lucky back in the day. Sometimes we even had three or four people just doing sports, even in Tucson. But times changed, budgets changed, you know, priorities change.
Speaker 5: But it's good that they're you know that you're.
Speaker 4: Continuing to do what you do and the guys on nine and thirteen are doing the best they can too.
Speaker 5: You know, there's a lot to cover here. I mean there really is.
Speaker 15: That's kind and that's not a bad thing, and that's not a bad thing, was a great thing.
Speaker 2: Is that why you chose Tucson or you know, went back in the day or a couple of years ago.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean Tucson is great. I mean my sister, My sister, we joke, you know, got here first. She's she's currently at the University of Arizona. She's a senior, so you know, we like to joke that she kind of followed you know, I kind of followed her here, but that was part of it having her here. And just yeah, I mean great athletics. I mean, you know, when you think of great college, especially basketball, University of Arizona's you know, top of mind.
Speaker 7: So I think that was great.
Speaker 15: And you know, for me, I I went to school in Syracuse University and Upstate New York, so I wanted nothing to do with the cold weather anymore. So I've been very happy here in Tucson with the weather as.
Speaker 2: Well, even when it's one hundred and two in October or yeah, this is a.
Speaker 15: Little a little jarring in late September, still over one hundred degrees. But I'm telling you, anything is better than negative ten and not being able to feel any you know, your hands or anything as you're walking to the grocery store.
Speaker 7: Or anything like that. So definitely you prefer the heat.
Speaker 5: Over the cold.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you, because we have two interns in studio now. We have one from LA one from New York as well, and we talk about them coming here. So why would your sister come here, you know from I guess where, Dallas or the New Yorker.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dallas, Dallas as where we're from.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so she wanted to She also did not want to go anywhere cold. She also isn't isn't interested in journalism. She's studying to be a teacher, so totally different field. So that's part of you know, she wanted to do kind of her own thing and stay in the warmth, which I understand. Well, that's what appealed to her.
Speaker 5: Well, she'll have a job for life if she likes teach right, we have a lot of alumni.
Speaker 4: Arizona has a lot of alumni from the Dallas area too. There's a big group in Dallas, and there's a lot of students yeah here now, so she's probably found that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sure she has. I'm sure she has.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, thanks for joining us, Jenna, Good luck, good luck out there. I know you do a good job, and we'll see you at our next press conference, our game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, see see you around. Thank you. So much for having me.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jennifer, Thanks Kvway good will take the break and come back. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for newly forty years now. Take a look back at the Ludelsen era in my new book, Lessons from Lut. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's the loved coach. Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 16: Hi, this this formal while get Leman huntly with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space and your life. We off a complete line of Caudium machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you up with the right equipment and training to.
Speaker 5: Get you started to keep you going.
Speaker 16: Visit our shareroom today at twenty second in Wilmot, Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 12: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial data available, It's time to earn the degreeer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you.
Speaker 6: Learn how at PEMA dot edu. Slash someday.
Speaker 2: Hey Tucson, Steve averra heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance with the Edmund Marcus All State Agency.
Speaker 5: You're always in good hands.
Speaker 2: Visit them at twenty seven nineteen Lord Campbell, or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 17: Ladies, have you ever dreamed of playing the main event at the World Poker Tour. The Royal Rebels is a ladies only poker league and we are looking for new players to join us this fall. We have a new poker season starting October third. We will be playing seven games online and the winner will represent us in Vegas at the World Poker Tour. This main event seat is worth ten four hundred dollars. For more information and to register, go to www dot Royal Rebelspoker dot com.
Speaker 1: Extremely Live Monny iHeartRadio app. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jay gat Salez on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I and the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, You're Dave Silver. You gotta handed me with us. We've got Matt with us, and I got it's something I gotta do because we would get a new sponsor. I think you might be there tomorrow. I won't say this officially because I know we're gonna go visit Del Soul Cacino del Sol tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. But if you want to want to go out there and see us, we'll let you know. We'd be glad to see you from three to five tomorrow or maybe next week.
Speaker 5: But they have a lot of things going on.
Speaker 2: From the moment you first walk into Casino del Soul, you're greeted by a diverse and robust seglection of restaurants that catered to any craving you may have. For the award winning Blissimo Restaurante Italiano to the incredible variety provided by the Fista International Buffet, they have it. It's a great place I go every now and again. Discover the taste of Casino del Soul during your next visit. Discover the Soul and the streetscape seasonal selection prick prepare barbeque, glazed pizzas, great selection of of eateies.
Speaker 5: You've been down there a few times? Right? Many times? Yeah? Many times? You kind of what do you do?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 5: You could gamble? Are you just gonna hang out?
Speaker 4: Good casino, casinos, concerts, a little of everything. Actually, when I think about it, We've been there, restaurants, shows, gamble, I've been been involved in a golf tournament out there that has their event there in the ballroom. So okay, yeah, great Courtney's courage. Oh yeah, yeah are you? How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm the MC for theirs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, it's a great, great nonprofit. Yes, but I know the woman involved have done a story on their daughter Courtney too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, great, Yeah, saw him over the weekend at at a tour event. Hey, and you members have more chances to win. Sign up free for a chance to win one hundred dollars street play, level up by earning points for additional game plays for two more chances at one hundred dollars in pre plays, and level up again for a chance to win up to one thousand dollars in pre play. So get out there, hope, maybe we'll see tomorrow. If we end up going there, we'll let you know more. Uh well, I guess, well, I guess we'll see you in the morning. That's what we're gonna find out, and we'll let everybody. That's gonna be a weekly thing, hopefully, No, no, no, it's gonna it's gonna be a once a month, once a month on a Thursday, so, you know, talking the NFL right.
Speaker 6: Before the game.
Speaker 4: We did that, you know, I'm we did that at k Gun back now that I think about it, when Kaygun was still showing Monday night football on a regular basis, and we would do a show at one of the casino I think it was might have been Desert Diamond, but it was one of the casinos in town.
Speaker 5: It was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, of course, Mooney, Sean Mooney and I did a show there. I don't know, it's still about fifteen sixteen years ago. Every day it was fun going out there and sitting in the bar and kind of just doing what we're doing now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just you know, shooting there and.
Speaker 4: You're seeing, especially even in Vegas, there are a lot of radios set up in the casinos, right.
Speaker 2: Sure, right, And I know you're talking about the fan Duel and things like that where they're sponsoring shows like this and it's it's everything about them right.
Speaker 4: Well, they're you know, they're getting insiders, you know, like the like the who's the guy that just left? Adrian Rojarowski from ESPN and Adam Schefter and people like that. That job is kind of gradually moving to the casino world where you can be the insider for you know, draft Kings or whatever.
Speaker 5: So that's kind of an interesting career.
Speaker 2: And people listen like Jay because you need more insight that you have, right, so you have the experts telling you what to do or to where to play.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anybody you want to call, please do five two zero four, one, six, seventy four forty love to hear from you. Maybe your thoughts on the UNLV thing. Could it happen here? I'm sure it could happen here. Who knows if it haven't hasn't happened here because of playing time? Yeah, you know we're talking to Matt and to to Henry here that it could very likely happen anywhere if you promise something and don't deliver. Yeah, I've seen it where you know, people say, oh, they promise you playing time and I'm now I'm out.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, look at I hate I don't think you could even think about it. But I mean as far as basketball, I got twenty players on the team, how many can be out there?
Speaker 2: Well, the walk counts are here because they want to they want to play, or they want to be part of a possible great team, right, Okay, good, good luck with that, and they're not asked to do too much, just kind of help the other teams out to get better.
Speaker 4: It's not I mean, that's probably not fair to even to bring that up. But I mean in terms of, you know, Tommy has his core of I'm sure eight or nine players. He knows they're all going to be there and they're all all going to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm gonna quiz you guys down that basketball is kind of officially started to everybody, how how how well do you think the basketball team will do in the Big twelve Conference and beyond and beyond in March to what everybody first?
Speaker 5: You did me first?
Speaker 4: Yeah, from what I've read, you know, they're picking Arizona to be fifth, fifth, right, Yeah, I wouldn't say third or fourth, and I don't I haven't really looked at it. I thought there was some type of story last week that came out said that y was picked around third or fourth.
Speaker 5: Third or fourth, yes, but do you said fifth? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Well, let me say there's top twenty five. They're in the top twenty five, but they could be the fourth or fifth best team in the conference.
Speaker 5: Yea, in the top twenty five.
Speaker 4: Well again as even as we were talking with Jenna, there's you know, there's the great mystery of what some of these guys are going to really turn out to be right, how much that they changed between their first year and second year here. Luke used to always talk about that for the second year was the big improvement year. They've been through the program, they been through the waits, Tom.
Speaker 2: We talked about that today because Alwi has a love back for a second year, kJ comes back for a second year and Bradley comes back, so they're more seasoned, they're more more knowledgeable what to expect from him, and all three I didn't have to to kind of adjust their games. Kleable will definitely have to, Yeah, And with Bradley, who I think is probably too bald dominant, he carries that ball a lot and he doesn't pass a lot in my mind, and that'll have to change a little. And kJ is probably the best NBA talent on the.
Speaker 4: Team, right I think, Yeah, And he's gotten bigger, I think from what I've heard and read.
Speaker 5: And mature.
Speaker 4: You know, they've been through the Wars, they've been through the Pac twelve, they've been through road games or you know, now they're going to be on a different stage.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go back to you in a secon because you've been here, Henry. What do you hope to see from the basketball team?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, Big twelve.
Speaker 3: First, I think they're obviously going to be worse in the Big twelve than they were in the Pack twelve. But I think the positive is it's going to prepare them for the actual tournament that matters exactly. I think that experience in the Big twelve games. You know, there wasn't really a Pac twelve environment that mirrored that. So sure playing in those big games is going to get them ready for March more than any Pac twelve game could.
Speaker 2: So now I'll go to the NCAA tournament. So now it prepares them to go to the tournament, which they'll make. You know, we won't have to argue that anything less than what would be a disappointment.
Speaker 3: I gotta see how the team plays first, because I mean it's new pieces.
Speaker 5: You're in Arizona, Henry.
Speaker 3: They don't they don't have a proven point guard right now. They got we gotta see how that goes. Okay, So that's your key position. I want to say it's my key position. But they definitely need Bradley or Caleb to step up as the playmaker of the team because last year it was Pella and Boswell and Caleb really weren't the playmakers that they were brought in to be.
Speaker 6: So that's a big thing they need.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, so you're waiting to see what about you, Matt, What's what's your thought?
Speaker 18: Yeah, the same thing, honestly, gotta see. I think anything less than a Elite eight probably be a little disappointing, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, and that's been the case definitely last three years. But since you guys have been here, right, because they got beat by Houston and with a pretty capable team exactly and not muscle, and then against Prince and I think they were just over confident in.
Speaker 6: That game, right, so again got to see got a wait and see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then last year they got they got to maybe a little over confidence and you know it was Clemson. Well we can get Clemson, and Clemson kind of outplayed them, not kind of, they just didn't did yeah.
Speaker 5: And got Houston.
Speaker 4: You just mentioned, you know, they were the number one seed last year, you know, so they're gonna be dealing with some pretty good book competition.
Speaker 2: And when we know that the venues that they're going to be going to fantastic.
Speaker 4: They're all michaale like and they're all going to be looking for Arizona and you know we're gonna we're gonna be a big draw.
Speaker 2: Hey, you think you're the poop in the in the West, come in, Come on in, We'll show you what we are.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, b YU, that's gonna be a fun game. It's gonna be a good rivalry in all sport.
Speaker 2: Well, the last time I was at b YU for a game with him, it was gene Edgerson game. I don't if you remember that where he hit the guy in the back of the head.
Speaker 5: And uh knocked him out.
Speaker 2: And remember they knocked him out and he had to apologize in a letter to the guy because it did affect him.
Speaker 4: He was didn't Arizona play them in the tournaments? Was it in Salt Lake City? You're talking along, Sean Bradley.
Speaker 5: Sean Bradley you nineteen eighty nine, nineteen ninety.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they just haven't played BYU many times.
Speaker 2: Tires that kind of stuff, right, Well, this is this is the thing I remember about the Sean Bradley thing. It was like nineteen eighty nine, nineteen ninety and ninety one maybe where he played and they played and got Arizona one, and Lut never did did this, at least not what the players when he was a coach. Sean Bradley came and gave him a hug and Lut hugged him back. It was like what wow, Well, yeah, exactly wow, because it didn't you never saw that ever. You know, you saw when the kids or the players left, and he had a different relationship after they left, right, but very rare did you see him show that emotion. But it was for another place. It was for another dude coming to hug him, to say hello and thank you. Know, I've been following you for a long time.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be fun, Arizona when they played by you in the Las Vegas Bowl, like in ninety two thousand and seven, stoops here tons of b YU fans.
Speaker 5: Well, they just got a lot of fans. Anyway.
Speaker 4: B Yu travels like no, especially to Vegas. I remember one time, how much time do we have left? I was in Boise of all places, doing work for the U of a UH and Boise State was playing BYU and football like on Thursday night, and all of a sudden, and now I'm at this hotel, you know, just kind of away from campus.
Speaker 5: All of a sudden, I swear like ten buses came up and.
Speaker 4: It was the BYU, the band, the team, the families.
Speaker 5: They all have a lot of kids in that group. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: It was quite a contingent for like a you know, they all drove from Provo, Yeah, up the.
Speaker 5: Freeway, right yeah, no que, no question.
Speaker 2: Great fans, great fans, great fans, and they're going to be the same in Iowa State, Houston, Baylor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be a lot of fun. It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: And I can I agree with Henry to one hundred percent that it's going to prepare them for for and if they don't do well in the tournament, that's a that's on them.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly. You know.
Speaker 2: And as an athlete, Matt, you you get better by playing better people.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it's just you know, kind of getting back to the TV thing.
Speaker 4: I just caught up a story just a few minutes ago about CBS signed up a deal with the Big twelve, So there's gonna be an additional twenty men's basketball games per season on CBS regular CBS, So.
Speaker 5: That would be good. I'm sure Arizona will be involved there.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's and Tommy talked about this today and this is not a shock. It's the it's the best league in the country. Oh yeah for basketball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean right now they have six six games and they're gonna go to twenty. So they know that there's teams here, Yes, in TV markets like you know, Salt Lake City, Sure, Denver, things like that.
Speaker 2: Sure, and be on the lookout for the schedule tomorrow for for for the basketball program, the men's basketball. I think maybe even the women's but we talked about that today at the press conference.
Speaker 4: It's it's it is just a different feel for sure. I mean today I was listening to something. All they're talking about, you know, Colorado is playing Central Florida. I mean, these games, which is they don't make any sense right now, but that's the way it's.
Speaker 5: Going to be, right.
Speaker 2: So you guys, I brought this question up to Tommy today. One of the guys that's been lost in this whole roster thing was Henry. Henry you know, the international guy. He played a little as a freshman. I thought he was fantastic. He's a different he was a stretch for kind of and then it gets hurt last year in a freak accident or whatever, and then he has to sit out. And now I think that he's going to be a guy that no one's talked about because no one's seen him in a while. In fact, I saw when I was leaving Michael, he was squalking down the you know when you're underneath the it's the stairway or whatever. Big a little more thick because he was really thin. I think that he's going to help creeve us a lot. And he was versatile. He could be a stretch for. Yeah, you know, and they play and here it's point guard you right or whatever that name.
Speaker 4: But the fourth the four is pretty key. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's interesting. Yeah, that's that'll be good. I mean, you know, he definitely showed something a little bit when he played, you know, with Tabellas. Didn't need much help right as a back for a backup, but any of growing paints what freshman does it? Yeah, especially when you're a big good Yeah. So we'll see you guys, have a favorite player.
Speaker 3: I would say Caleb just because I like I like when players get doubted. That makes me kind of like them more. And I think coming from North Carolina, people are doubting them. That made me a player I'm excited to see is definitely Trade Townsend. See the versatility that he brought at Oakland. That's his scoring is going to be big.
Speaker 2: And they have a few of those players yeah, yeah, like the one Jenna talked about exactly Townsend, you know, and they're what three fourths, they're kind of.
Speaker 3: Three three four He's gonna probably play the four because.
Speaker 5: He's a banger, Yeah, bigger body. Yeah, what about you bet?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 18: No, Kayla is my favorite player for sure because just overall scale scale. I just like him as I like watching them. I think that's what makes me a fan of my watch. He's not afraid that he's not afraid exactly.
Speaker 2: He's at that word the thing about if you he's a writer died, dude, Yeah, he's a writer died, which scares the.
Speaker 5: Crap out of me. But well, in the last month he died a lot.
Speaker 18: Yeah, come from from last year. I didn't think he was coming back. If I'm being honest, I actually made a bet with a friend, like saying, no, he's not coming back, but he actually, well that's.
Speaker 5: The key, because well that's not the key.
Speaker 2: That's the interesting thing, because they were telling him you're not ready for the NBA, right, if you're not ready?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, all right, how much time we can be ready to go?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks everybody, Thank you Dave, thanks you guys for coming in. Tomorrow's Thursday. I don't know what we're gonna do, but we're gonna have a show.