Speaker 1: Now medical science offers you proof positive. No other leading cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars than the new, smoother, better tasting Rawleigh. Yes, proof positive, no other cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars than the new, smoother, better tasting Rawleigh. From Hollywood, the Raleigh Cigarette Program starring Red Scouting with David Forrester and his orchestra are singing Starr and eid Alice Gg Pearson, Burnet Falcon, Pat McGahn and yours Truli rad O'Connor.
Speaker 2: That's surprise you to bring him up for all the mayor's.
Speaker 1: Popular committed in this fine all his cigarette programs.
Speaker 3: Tell them thank you.
Speaker 4: Very much, ladies, said, I wonder what would happen some night we didn't tell.
Speaker 2: You to applaud when we told you to tell you.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. They're Rodney, old man. How are you even happiest past week?
Speaker 2: I hold, I'll see you later. I guess I'm in the wrong studio.
Speaker 5: You're right, at least the here.
Speaker 4: This week I was out traveling in the best circles.
Speaker 5: You a little dizzy, didn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you proud.
Speaker 5: Of mab Yeah, I went to a literary tea.
Speaker 2: Literary tea.
Speaker 4: How come that was a mistake. I thought it was a tea for the illiterate? Well whose honor was the tea given.
Speaker 5: In Gene Fowler's honor?
Speaker 1: See I hear his new book, Solo and Tom Thoms is one of the best books of the year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and think of it. It's free, of course, there's a three.
Speaker 2: Dollars cover charge.
Speaker 5: It's a wonderful book though.
Speaker 4: It's about the buffalo Bill Jack Dempsey, Colorado, Colorado, Montana. It's about a place up north here and the hundreds of great people.
Speaker 2: Was dempty at the tea?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jack DT. He brought back great memories of my fighting day. You were a fighter.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: I was known as Kid's sweet chariot. I was always swinging low.
Speaker 2: Who else is at the party?
Speaker 4: Who else is.
Speaker 1: At the party?
Speaker 5: All the people who are interested in books of the world was there? Carlson a slop and W. C. Fields was there?
Speaker 1: Bill Fields is a book for him.
Speaker 5: Sure, He's always got his nose in the book big books.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 4: Again, he reads things like ten Nights in the Barroom, drinks me only with thine eyes lost weekend. He even took the grapes of wrath and beat it with a club.
Speaker 5: He thought he could get a little out of that.
Speaker 1: You know, I love the classics myself, Shakespeare and Bacon.
Speaker 5: I like bacon too, But where can you get it?
Speaker 4: These?
Speaker 1: I'll tell me more about this gathering.
Speaker 4: Well, everyone was immaculate. That means no gravy stains on the tie. Some society lady got up to sing. She had on a brown hat, brown gloves, brown shoes, brown.
Speaker 5: She looked like two hundred pounds of hot dogs coming to lock and bold lady. No, kidd, did she ever gets the run in their stocking? And will go by the way of Pomona?
Speaker 2: Well, what did you think?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 5: What did she sing?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think she sang mud from the O for Henry Clay or something like that.
Speaker 2: Do you understand opera?
Speaker 5: No, I neither do.
Speaker 4: A lot of people that go, you know, once for a laugh, that's a fact, once for a laugh, Lawrence Milky. Or yeah, he sang at a concert he sang five pages.
Speaker 5: Of the Santa fe timetable. Care kidd, No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: It's the first five people ever uploaded the facts at number seven.
Speaker 5: Didn't stop at Glendale.
Speaker 2: Well, what else happened at the Thief?
Speaker 4: Well, Jeane Fowler told me that he might write a story of my life and title uh, and don't let this happen to your daughter. Then then Fowler gave a short review on his book, and then we all went swimming.
Speaker 5: Swimming. Yeah, oh, you should have seen me.
Speaker 4: I climbed the clean up to the top of one hundred foot ladder, right up to the top of the You know, it's.
Speaker 5: Harder to climb down a ladder than they climb.
Speaker 4: Johnny weisst Miller was there, a tisan himself. Yeah, boy, can he dived? He did a swan dive that was so graceful. A seagull to make magazine freeze autograph. I did a swan dive and a swan looked up and says, it's hold. Marlin Maxwell was there. I have to laugh myself at times, think you can get a loansome. Marlin Maxwell was there, and you should have seen the bathing suit she was wearing.
Speaker 5: It was strapless.
Speaker 1: You know, say red, what holds up those strapless bathing suits?
Speaker 5: A city ordinance?
Speaker 1: Well, all in all, its fuses of the literary tea was a big success.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I'd like to say if people would like to read a good, clean book with good humor, A solo and Tom Tom's.
Speaker 5: Really beats it out.
Speaker 1: Now. Medical science offers you proof positive, no other leading cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars than the new smoother, better tasting rawly.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 1: Proof positive, no other cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars than the new smoother, better tasting rawly. Yes. Scientific tests of America's six biggest selling brands, based on the method used by the United States government, tests certified by a jury of fourteen distinguished doctors, including throat specialists, have proved conclusively no other cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars, so no other is safer to smoke. Yes, Raleigh's are right, Rite for taste, rite for throat. Enjoy Raleigh's rich tobaccos that smoother, more satisfying Rawleigh flavor. Remember, medical science offers you proof positive. No other cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars, so no other is safer to smoke than the new, smoother, better tasting Raleigh.
Speaker 5: And now our lovely Anita Ellis will sing Strange.
Speaker 8: Love more Long.
Speaker 7: Is surely a strange long, but strangely I don't want to change my law.
Speaker 8: Well you're.
Speaker 7: Was always denied me.
Speaker 8: I am happy when you are this.
Speaker 7: My are strangers to you.
Speaker 8: And mine are pleading in pain again, But fay you to stop.
Speaker 3: So strange.
Speaker 8: Still my.
Speaker 3: Strange is toll.
Speaker 8: And my.
Speaker 3: Screening in the.
Speaker 8: But inside.
Speaker 6: Strang thank you and neda tonight.
Speaker 4: The story and the Skeleton scrap Book of Satire is entitled easy Money.
Speaker 5: Our characters are fictional. If they resemble anyone you know, get them back in the cage quick.
Speaker 4: Chapter one hundred and fourteen is entitled The night Watchman at the Bank, and our specimen is j Newton Numbskull, one of the many who'll take any kind of a job for soft dough.
Speaker 6: I'm read, I'm read, I'm meeting, I'm meet, I'm.
Speaker 2: Mean, I'm I mean.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm working as a night watchman. And you just think, only a few months ago, I was putting guys as a lieutenant and me making them walk on guard duty.
Speaker 5: Money's at the door. I hope it ain't a robber.
Speaker 2: I look a mess.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're trying to break in the bank. I know it's my gun. Where's my Gun's not in that pocket? It's not in that pocket. Maybe it's my back.
Speaker 5: Pocket yet there.
Speaker 4: See I look funny with only seven toes on one foot.
Speaker 5: I'll sneak over.
Speaker 4: He was at the door.
Speaker 9: Who's there?
Speaker 7: It's very little maids?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry if you're waiting there.
Speaker 5: I never seen such a security cats put that gun away? Why don't it be tough? Where I come from? Many to meet raw, then sober at far the barbecue?
Speaker 4: It No, I'd not know where I come from when a cat wants milky hijacks of cow?
Speaker 6: Do you want me to help you clean up around here alone?
Speaker 5: Are you sure you're strong enough?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 5: Feel it?
Speaker 4: Munkel? Oh, it's like a rock.
Speaker 5: How'd you get a muscle like that? I sowed it in my sleeve. I got news for you.
Speaker 2: It is a rock.
Speaker 5: I thought I was putting something over on you.
Speaker 10: Hey, look, Newton, do you want to take lessons from Charlie Haveless?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 4: If I'm gonna look like he does, I wouldn't want to take him.
Speaker 5: What do you mean well, ain't.
Speaker 4: You ever notice these pictures and magazines? He's half leopards.
Speaker 5: That ain't for me, you know, you know Newton, you're kind of cute. I don't start that stuff again.
Speaker 2: I have had no mood for that.
Speaker 5: Silly dolly. You better get vedging clean up the four around here, you know, Nudy, I've been thinking a lot about you. Tell me, do you ever think about me?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Last night I dream about you. You did, Yeah, I dreamed you and I were married. And I can hardly get wait to get to sleep tonight so I can get a divorced again.
Speaker 5: I gotta get to work.
Speaker 4: You know, our burglar alarmed a little out of water. I better walk around and see if all well around here.
Speaker 2: Y'all be careful walking.
Speaker 1: Around on that wet sports like as a whistle.
Speaker 2: I just blew it.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I flattened your bucket out there.
Speaker 5: And hey, that's funny.
Speaker 2: A big black car just fall into the alley.
Speaker 5: You know that broken burglar alarm worried me?
Speaker 2: Well, man could come right in and rob this bank.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, someelle climbing in the window. You who?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: You what all right?
Speaker 3: By telling you mugs?
Speaker 2: Poor Harvard man well, shut up woodhead here.
Speaker 4: I knew that broken burglar alarm would get us into trouble around here.
Speaker 6: Did you say the burglar alarm ain't working?
Speaker 5: Yeah, makes a nice little plot on it.
Speaker 4: Let's hurry and everybody turn the page.
Speaker 5: I'm dying to find out how it turns out.
Speaker 1: What did you say said?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 2: Did you say the burglar alarm made waking?
Speaker 4: That's my woightyre.
Speaker 2: You don't happen to know the combination of this safe to you?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 5: Where is the companation? I got it in my head that hole ain't empty, you know.
Speaker 2: Look, get out of my way, open the sea, let me see. I need my blow towards my drill. Who's the cute little chick over in the corner. She's kind of puddy?
Speaker 5: I preaks there, nice? Ain't you You better get another bolt for.
Speaker 2: Your flashlight if you have to, Hey, stay away from me. You come on give us a little kiss?
Speaker 6: Baby? Will not.
Speaker 5: You have to speak to my mother?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, give me a little kiss.
Speaker 5: He's trying to kiss me. Oh, ain't you gonna stop it?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 4: He deserves to be funny, Look, sugar, let me grab the loot out of this bank and then we'll take it on the lamb to give it.
Speaker 5: No, I'm happy. Look, ain't you gonna fight him? I sure him just as soon as I assume my favorite position. No, get up off your back. You're yellow.
Speaker 4: That's better than being black and blue? How blow him a police which gonna get some oprom here?
Speaker 8: Get away?
Speaker 2: Don't you so loud?
Speaker 5: He might come back?
Speaker 3: You know, I'll stop him.
Speaker 5: A Frother's custodour at him. We knocked him cold, and we wait, what did you have to do with that?
Speaker 3: That was my head?
Speaker 5: You threw at him? There, crestba doors don't have ears, you know.
Speaker 1: Now, medical science offers you prove positive, no other leading cigarette gives you less nicotine, less throat irritating tars than the new smoother, better tasting Rawleigh. Yes, proof positive, No other cigarette gives you less nicotine, less throat irritating tars than the new smoother, better tasting Rawley. Joseph Cotton, Starling and David o' sells. Nick's jul and the Sun says quote, I've read the reports on brand after brand. I'm convinced medical science has proved no other cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars.
Speaker 2: Thus no other is safer to smoke. I'd rather have a Raleigh.
Speaker 1: Raleigh's are right right, Joseph Cotton, and those tests were based on the method used by the United States government. So enjoy Raleigh's rich tobaccos that more satisfying Rawleigh flavor. Remember, medical science offers you proof positive. No other cigarette gives you less nicotine less throat irritating tars, so no other is safer to smoke than the new smoothers better tasting Rawley.
Speaker 11: The night David Forrester and his orchestra play Lover, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Very much, David Forrester.
Speaker 4: Chapter one hundred and sixteen of Easy Money is entitled Junior Executives.
Speaker 11: All children, at some time or other have tried to uh make money the easy way. All their little schemes usually work, and Junior is no exception.
Speaker 9: Joy can become and become becomes. I going to for a commando wag in the I.
Speaker 5: Back going new RADI icebox from no Harder Fi phone? Will you do the kick on Big again? Play I'll find up the icebox do and good nights off?
Speaker 9: What does.
Speaker 5: Oh boy look at that kicking him. Don't tell me is growing? I think I gonna give it the birds? Junior?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm playing marine raider? Grandma?
Speaker 10: Are you having fun?
Speaker 5: Why you said you having fun? Getting me fill over again?
Speaker 1: Junior?
Speaker 5: You're not getting into the cold chicken? Are you no gitting in the maid stiffens? Look at that chicken? He's boning in Junior? Why do you do these things? Other little boys don't act like you, and I don't know why they don't. It's easy once you get onto the rope. It's not around the sheet it is.
Speaker 10: That's so well, just for that's smart answer, I'm going to cut your allowance off for one month.
Speaker 9: You mean I gotta go without me jelly beans, me staff o life.
Speaker 5: The Guardia was here about that.
Speaker 10: And don't go near your piggy back.
Speaker 12: Either, piggyback. Your piggyback is that like a piggy bank? Piggy You heard what I said?
Speaker 5: I said, don't go near your piggy bank either, Well, I mean piggy back in the red. After last night, you know what happened last night? Well, branks found out that me piggy bank was loaded, and before I knew it me bank was empty and he was loaded. What do you mean he was loaded? I think somebody shot him. He came staggering in last night and I heard him say, oh boy, this is awful. I got six straight shots in me. Get it out of the ice box. Okay, hey, grandma, what happened? You know Wildow liked it? Used to be in this widow all up here. It's junior. Don't stick a finger in that sarget.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you all right? Yeah? I will be as soon as me. No, stop blinking on and on. Oh, go outside and playing. I'm sorry, No playing for me.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go to work.
Speaker 5: I'm going to open up with lemonade stand out in the front yard. Yes, where did you get the lemon? You know that lemon tree and norm sale in your backyard? Yes, well you never know it.
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 7: Did you steal them off the tree?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I pick up a few off the ground. You know you didn't shake them off the tree first. You're pretty smart for no.
Speaker 10: Well, it so happens that the paling told me I could have all the emmonds of wonder.
Speaker 5: Oh but do let it happen again.
Speaker 9: Okay, I gotta go mix me lemonade. Now, hey, I gonna make some pink lemonade. You know where I could get some bloodshot lemons lemonade. I'm going to out some lemonade. I'm going to do out them the mayonnaise. Oh now, first I'll take this beef pens. Oh goodness, already got some water in it. I just talked in a couple of lemons.
Speaker 5: And stood up real well. Yeah boy, oh goodness, I'm fresh. Are sugar? Are you short? Ins? Then? Looks you say?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: Nobody ever be able to tell the difference. Now the sheep run boxy shorts. Yeah, now I want to be enough there. Now I gonna take that. Oh boy, I couldn't read that by there, couldn't bread that by. Oh, don't use the dish pan on the back port. Why I'm soaking one of your little shirts in it?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: She telling to me, well, I gotta carry this shot to me. Stand anyhow, I gotta too much money? And no, no, it is your mayonnaid. I call you name there now Jmine.
Speaker 9: Oh, there's a mixer Fowler coming from next door. I'm going to make him my first construment.
Speaker 4: Well junior, hello, hello, hellop.
Speaker 5: From moving on junior, What have you there?
Speaker 1: Lemonade? How much is it?
Speaker 5: It's five cents for the small glass and three cents for the big glasses.
Speaker 4: Why does the small glass cost more because you're still has some mayonnaise in it?
Speaker 5: Well, I'll take a big glass if you don't mind. I don't mind, but you will. Well, here's your three cents, thank you, and there's all. Show a penny cover charge, you know, a penny cover charge. Yeah, if you drink this stuff, I gotta cover you up your nose if you're around here molding up your place.
Speaker 2: Odd junior, you're awfully skiddy.
Speaker 5: You just keep laughing. Fat show. That's pretty wicked stuff in medical science. Gonna give you a poof foggy.
Speaker 1: Wow, here's looking at you.
Speaker 5: Oh you got a nice hat of purple. You're turning that? Did you tat the stuff? Yeah? Do anything it needs? Yes, the stomach pump?
Speaker 3: Hey, where are you going?
Speaker 5: Chase?
Speaker 9: Oh goodness, I hope you don't put me staying off bounds. Oh oh, here comes a lady customer.
Speaker 2: Oh well, what are you selling, young man?
Speaker 5: Short of a liquid atomic bomb?
Speaker 6: Oh? Oh, it's lemonade?
Speaker 5: Is it good? You're good?
Speaker 4: The last customer went away raving about it.
Speaker 5: Do you really recommend it? Yeah? You know how coca cola is deposit with fun. Yes, this stuff is a dead stop. Hmm, sounds interesting.
Speaker 8: May I have a glass?
Speaker 5: Is you over twenty one?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't want to get in bad with it all. You know, have you invested much in this business? I say I got my shirt in it.
Speaker 2: If you ask me.
Speaker 5: And Matt Case give me a glass. There you are, now break your shell, kiddo.
Speaker 3: Well here goes.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, get up.
Speaker 5: Up for the sidewalk and give me stand a bad revery taste here, good after good? Heavens the lady thank you here? Why don't you do something for her? How do you think she got downloaded? Are you all right? Dear here? Let me apart. You're gotta make him pour that stuff on.
Speaker 3: He's liable to put him the whole neighbor.
Speaker 5: Junior, Let me taste that lemonade. No, Grandma, I said, don't let me taste that.
Speaker 3: I'm going to thank you.
Speaker 5: If I let you, You're gonna hang me. I think you, Oh, you should whip him within an inch of your life. He does all right, without any suggestion from you.
Speaker 7: Okay, let me see how this tastes good.
Speaker 5: You look over for chili with my shirt hanging out of your kisser.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 9: Well, I guess I'm not the older a fellow who went in business frames Yelton and took a beat linee in you know, look at.
Speaker 1: This same time and correct you to them.
Speaker 5: This red cell saying good bye now, thanks for listing, and by the way, for start to think. Too many people are greeting the returning GI with this. Thanks pal for fighting for me.
Speaker 2: Now go out and fight for yourself.
Speaker 1: Sir Walter Raleigh. The pipe tobacco that reaches superior on all five counts.
Speaker 2: Check them. A rich ripe, full bodied, burly blamp Sir Walter Raleigh.
Speaker 1: Mellowed with rum for extra smoothness, deep down satisfying goodness.
Speaker 2: Sir Walter Raleigh. Clean smoking right down the bowl bottom leaves only a clean dry ash. Sir Walter Raleigh. Crimp cut for slow, even cool Bernie. Sir Walter Raleigh. Keeps Home Sweet Home, the brand of Grand Aroma. Sir Walter Raleigh. Soonerigh her your favorite.
Speaker 1: Tobacco, Yes, the favorite in the Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard with men everywhere who appreciate quality pipe smoking, try Sir Walter Rawleigh, the quality pipe tobacco of America.
Speaker 5: Brad Scouting is.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by the Brown and Williamson Tobacco Corporation.
Speaker 2: Is NBC, the network broadcasting company