Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free Gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have a guest in the studio, Jill Baker, Hello, Jill, how are you?
Speaker 2: Hi? John?
Speaker 1: Always excited to visit with you. We're going to talk about community action for veterans. You have a fun CAV conference coming up here next month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do September twenty second and twenty third. It's a Monday and a Tuesday, and we are actually hosting two events at the same time. Okay, same place, that same space, I should say.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the two events, and let's start with the first one first.
Speaker 3: What is the first event.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the conference first. So the expo is super awesome, but let's talk about the conference first, because that's kind of like I'm really excited about it, and it's really an event that is it's a conference to help people learn more about the military lifestyle and some ideas on how to better serve them in communities.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who would be the ideal person to come to this, So this wouldn't necessarily be a veteran that would come. This would be people who want to know more about that.
Speaker 2: Right, right, And so this is really about learning more about how providers, educators, healthcare providers, nurses, social workers, even community leaders, how can you better serve military people in your community. There are I've gone to conferences that are similar to this in the past, and a lot of times the information that's shared in their subject matter. Experts that come to the table offer strategies, ideas, they have stories to share out that have to do more with success in urban areas, and so I thought, you know what, South Dakota is the place to start something like this. So we're talking about rural challenges and how can we better serve veterans and military family members that live in rural environments. And so that's kind of our focus of the conference.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: And again, the thing that I see on here that's very important to some people CEUs are available. So yes, continuing education units. So if you work in nursing or counseling, or social work or education, or there are several different categories where they need to have a certain number of those every year. This would be a really great way to get some between now and the end of this year.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, so I do want to say that this is for anybody who wants to learn about it. We have made sure that we have continuing education credits for there's different kind of certifications for it, so we made sure that we can provide that to healthcare providers and nurses, but also substance abuse counselors and therapists require different EUS, so we're providing all of that for everybody. So we've partnered with a very health nice and with the South Dakota National Association of Social Workers that can offer those cus.
Speaker 1: I love that I'm looking at the cav conference agenda because this is the conference portion and there is so much going on here.
Speaker 3: You've got a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Is this agenda online somewhere if somebody wants to, y's on.
Speaker 2: Our website sdvets dot org.
Speaker 1: Very good and safe because we could go through this, but there is so much to go through. I know we'd missed something, so it's really good if you can go to sdvets dot org and get all this information. But in addition to a bunch of amazing speakers who are going to be here. There's also gonna be booths where you can go and ask questions and get some information, and then there's a I see a reception in social hour.
Speaker 3: That's why it's fun.
Speaker 2: Well, so that is up in the air right now. I'm hoping it's all going to be based off of if we get people to come to the conference.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: So that's one thing I'm thinking about. Well, if we have lower attendance, we might have to not do that. So I'm really hoping that we get people to come to the conference. There is a fee associated with it because there's meals and of course, you know, to have these awesome speakers to come in and all in the space that we're in as at the Denny stand for Premier Center. So we really wanted to provide you know, class A VIP experience, and so the cost is one hundred and fifteen dollars per person for the day and a half of eleven and a half hours of experience. But we're offering a two for one deal on that because we really want people to come, and also we're offering a rate for organizations that maybe want to send like five staff members two hundred bucks for five staff and so that's really just we really want people to come, so we're trying to make it as cost effective as possible in these uncertain times.
Speaker 1: Monday, September twenty second Tuesdays Tember twenty third. So that sounds like it's long ways away, but it's not gonna it's not far. It's gonna be And if you want to get tickets now would be a great time. Do I go to sdvets dot org.
Speaker 2: You can, and then we have a link up. We have an actual tab at the top you can click on for the conference and it takes you, tells you more about it and then yeah, you can order your tickets that way.
Speaker 3: Very nice, Jill, thank you for all that you do.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you. I do want to talk about the expo now we don't.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we didn't even get to that. Yeah, let's talk about you.
Speaker 2: So, so the conference goes it's a day and a half. It's like eight to like five thirty one day and then eights twelve thirty the other day. Now then the expo is just like it's just right down it's just down the hall from the conference itself, and we are partnering with and hosting this VA one on one Veterans Assistance Expo and so too. This is this is a structure and framework that's actually offered by the VA's Veterans Experience Office, and so we're partnering with them. We had to go through a whole process to get this partner, to get this collaboration formalized and approved through the VA. So they are coming federal on down to the local level. They're going to have eight booths at are at the expo that's specifically for helping veterans service members, caregivers, family members, spouses, all of them nice to learn more about what the VA has to offer to sign sign veterans up, eligible veterans up for services. The VIA Hospital is going to be there, the VET Center is going to have one of their big bus outside, and then we have thirty one partners that are also going to have boosts there.
Speaker 3: So I love that. And is there it's free? I was going to just ask is there a fever? But there is not. It is free?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And is that both days or that's one.
Speaker 2: Days both days? And so the first the first day, Monday, it's going to run nine to four and the second day. It runs nine to twelve thirty. Very very nice, soft ending, nice dates, ending times.
Speaker 1: And more information about that at sdvets dot org.
Speaker 3: Yep, very nice. Well, thank you for doing what you do. I think this is really cool.
Speaker 1: Again the events, both of them coming up Saturday, I'll take that back, not Saturday, Monday September twenty second and Tuesday September twenty third. All of the details can be found at sdvets dot org.
Speaker 2: And Something you Should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis gooldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldra dot com