Speaker 1: Quick wit evan Quin. I'll show you goal roup ahead, be except with silk sweet pursuing it. Don hold out shaw shank through the sewer.
Speaker 2: Kid.
Speaker 1: Now we're chilling at the Eagle. Yeah, we're doing in three your clock on the doc. Got a habit for my house, a goat status, Howard turning to get Kradic shows that up multipply like a rabbit. Tune in so out, prank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm hang out with my friend, lock in on the lady, Kati.
Speaker 4: Ristine all that lady, Oh yes, it is the local homegrown homeboys, the Been and Skin Show, Born and raised in Richardson, Texas. Happy to be with you on the Eagle. Christina k Ray Cornbread, little Baby corn Bread Ray Uh and Kevin kt Turner. All hands on deck today for what's gonna be a fun, fun presentation. Glad to have you pulling up a chair with us today. Lots to get into in the presentation. I'm going up at three thirty. Did I finally watch a show that Katie's been begging us to watch. We'll also talk a little Dallas Cowboys football as we're closing in on the NFL Draft. But probably the big story of the day continues to be the press conference yesterday that happened with Nico and Rick Welts for the Mavericks, and of course the Mavericks played basketball tonight in a play in the play in tournament, and so really that should be the focus, and it is a focus for a lot of people. But probably the biggest story in town is just the continuing fallout after the Luka dancicch trade and the timing of this press conference is fascinating, all of it. It's fascinating. But skin you poured through the transcript, did it change the way you felt about or the way you feel about any of it? Did it impact you by reading the transcript? I wouldn't say it changed the way I felt about it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: We had talked to a couple of people that were in the room, you know, and.
Speaker 2: So knew a little bit about that, and then had also read some of the the stuff that was coming out in articles as it was coming out now last night, and reading the full, you know, twenty eight page transcript, the one thing that stuck out to me.
Speaker 4: That was I guess maybe maybe made me feel different. I don't know, but the way that the guys that were in the room presented the Dirt Noovitchky stuff. I feel like it was a little disingenuous, unless there's something out there that I missed. How do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well, if if you saw like you you read us on air, Mark Cuban's tweet quote about the about Dirtnovitski and what he is, and it was based on a comment that Nico Harrison had answered a question about and I'm I don't have it in front of you, but him talking about if I made a decision that Dirt didn't like or that mav fans didn't like, and Cuban had this response to it, which was powerful, like we heard it on the air, is like damn, because he was like, Dirknovitsky is the Dallas Mavericks, you know, and so it's like when you hear it in that context, you're like, wow, that's crazy stuff. Well, when I went back and read the transcript that commed he made was five questions. It was a direct response to another question about Dirk that was a follow up question to this. I'll read you guys this right quick. Tell me if if how you feel like what you heard about Dirk, Yes, day. If you feel any different after hearing this had happened four questions earlier, Tim Cato said, originally this franchise's culture was built on Dirtnovitski, the guy with the statue outside. It seems clear he made clear there are various ways that he is not pleased with the direction that the franchise is going and some of the choices that you have made. Does that give you pause at all? And here is Nico's response, Well, let's be clear, Dirtnavitsky is the most important person in the franchise history, and that's why he's immortalized outside. In terms of how he feels, that's a question for him. But Dirk is super important to this franchise. Any role, big or small that he wants to play, he'll be met with open arms. And you know Dirk is he's the greatest MAVs ever. And so I didn't see that out there anywhere. All I saw was, well, if I made a decision Dirk or Mavericks fans don't like, I'm sorry, I have an obligation to the team.
Speaker 4: I assumed we could only assume that it had there was a question that involved Dirk in it. It doesn't change the way I feel because I assumed that yesterday, and I just don't know that I believe that. I don't know. I just think like the only way out of this from a PR standpoint is if you somehow can convince Dirk to be involved. I don't know that Dirk would want to be, and I don't know that he has time to be He's I don't want to speak for him, but I just know like as a consumer, as the fan, I would think that anything that Dirk signs off on if it would be fan approved, right, even if they were like yes, even if they were like Dirk's the one who traded Luke, You're like, Okay, Dirk, you know what I mean. I'm not saying that happen. I'm just saying they desperately. Look they it's they can can't say anything right now to win. The only thing that's gonna make Nico or the MAVs or anyone in this deal look better or help in any way is to go win basketball games. And they can't win basketball right games right now because they're because Kyrie's gone. Yeah you know what I mean? Yeah, right, I totally you under se what I'm saying. I'm saying they could win tonight their rosters compromised by a devastating injury. Yes, But if they had, if they had played like they played in the one half they had with Anthony Davis and they were now one of the best teams in the West Western Conference that into the playoffs, the fervor and the pitch would be way different. It wouldn't be people yelling fire and Nico would be like, oh my god, we might win it all this year. I'm not saying that anyone would agree with the trade because they didn't get the fair return on the trade, but it would make it a lot harder to be chanting fire Nico if you have one of the best teams in the Western con That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I just think the the the there's going to be people, no matter what the team is doing, that will not forgive them, and that is their right and that. But if if the Mavericks are the two seed and they're waxing teams, some guy in the arena chanting fire and Niko is gonna be like, shut up, dumbass, right, you know, because the team is kicking ass. The team is not in a position to kick any ass because their best player or second best player that serves a specific role that nobody else can do, won't be back till February of next year.
Speaker 4: And that was another thing.
Speaker 2: You know, Nico acknowledged that the off season is going to be about trying to find a style of player that can replace Kyrie's production until he's back. So from a basketball standpoint, he did talk about that, But man, where do you find that guy? That's that's really difficult? Did you did you read the transcript or hear any of.
Speaker 4: That lesson team? I did not. That's news to me. That's interesting. Does it make you feel any different? No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I didn't just even the news that you had. I really wanted yesterday to be about Kyrie's comments about moving forward and being and loving being a Maverick. And I don't think dude, I doubt Nico and the guys in charge. I doubt they even know that Kyrie did a live stream that where he settled a bunch of very positive things about moving forward. Like Kyrie went on a live stream that probably not that many people watched and got everyone's back in the organization.
Speaker 4: And then they did that. Yeah, and Tim McMahon is making the rounds. Obviously he was the straw that stirs the drink, as he often is. In fact, coming up after this song, let's talk about how everyone has Tim McMahon all wrong and we can talk about that. Don't go anywhere. This is coming up in about three and a half minutes on The Beninskin Show.