Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome, Yes, indeedy. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and we can have Miss Patty in here from Kawanas And it's that time again where we have.
Speaker 2: Two great big things happening. First things first, we're going to be giving some thanks, So.
Speaker 3: Good morning and thank you for having us.
Speaker 4: I think I'm here a lot today, and today I'm wearing two hats. My cohort Karen Wilson, who's usually here talking about Celebrate Giving, is unable to make it today, so I want to start with that.
Speaker 3: As Tom said, we're.
Speaker 4: Going to be given some thanks, and we are providing a are hosting the event for forty nine. Right now, we have forty nine nonprofits in town that are signed up to be part of Celebrate Giving. It's going to be on November fourteenth at the Center formerly the Community Center, and it's going to be from four thirty to six thirty. But lots and lots of ways for nonprofits to highlight themselves.
Speaker 3: Let the community know who they are and what they do.
Speaker 4: That's our purpose of giving them a platform basically to shine and an opportunity to win some great cash prizes as well.
Speaker 5: A party with a purpose.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 2: I like this, So we're going to get to see who's all helping everyone else out in the community and a chance for you to maybe even meet some folks you didn't even know, and furthermore help out a little bit too.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, one of the things that we really stress with our nonprofits is that so many things in Bartlesville are provided Bartlesville as a big heart we do, and this is an opportunity for all of those nonprofits to let the community know who we are, what we do, how we can help, and how they can help us. We always want volunteers and so they have that opportunity to do that as well. Some ways they can win some prizes is if they let Kawanas come and talk to their board, they get in a drawing for a cash prize. If we can make a presentation about the event to their board, and if they have their board members attend that night. So if you can get all of your board members there, you get in another drawing for another prize. So there are lots of ways to win prizes and one of the great things that we have this year is a Brandson trip. Oh nice, Yes, it's a start to say a raffle. I can't say a raffle.
Speaker 3: It is an opportunity, opportunity in.
Speaker 4: A trip to brand Center, and it is a premium premier trip. Actually is six days, five nights at a Wyndham Hotel, an event in Branson. The tickets are twenty dollars each or six four hundred dollars and each ticket is an entry into that drawing to win that trip. It is graciously donated by a Grace Farmer and her family and we are selling tickets online. You can go online to brought us with kuwanas dot org buy your tickets there. You can buy tickets the day of the event. I think it will it will actually shut off before you know mid way of giving it. Given the prize awarding the prize, there is a little caveat It is an excellent trip and we're trying to raise one thousand dollars to give away. We want prizes to give away to our participants that night. In the event that we don't make that thousand dollars prize, the winning ticket will get twenty percent of whatever we raise.
Speaker 5: I think you're gonna make it.
Speaker 3: We're cooking that we can make it.
Speaker 4: So anybody that's under the sound of my voice, or you see these flyers around town, you have the opportunity to go and buy as many tickets as you want.
Speaker 5: Very good.
Speaker 2: Now, there's this little thing that we do each and every year. It kind of blocks off a little traffic because there's a lot of lights and just a ton of fun and even more people.
Speaker 5: What could that be mispassed?
Speaker 3: I know that is that Bartles Little Christmas Parade.
Speaker 4: Yes, and one of the things that we love is the way that we get so much support from KWN and from you as our premiere radio announce So we love that voice, and we love your enthusiasm and you just make it come alive for those who are not able to attend the parade but can hear it.
Speaker 5: Who doesn't love a parade.
Speaker 4: As a level parade. This year the parade is on again. It's the first Saturday in December. That's always when the Bartles of a Parade is now and that happens to be on December seventh. The parade of course will step off at six thirty.
Speaker 3: But all of those.
Speaker 4: Floats and we always have those that need to put their float together once they're in the staging area, so they can start coming early in the morning to the Frank Phillips parking lot that's on short I think in frank Phillips they can come as early as nine o'clock, will be there that morning to bring those floats in and by two o'clock they can start putting them together. Everybody needs to be in place in line to be judged. I theme this year is one of nostalgia. We're going to take a trip back down memory lane for the past and the present, for all things downtown brodersvilt On, Frank Phillips and all along the parade route. So anything you remember. When we had kay Little come and talked to the Kawanas Club about Bartisville the history movie, he knows everything and she sparked that enthusiasm in us as well for things that we remember. And as she was making that presentation, those who grew up in Bartlesville. I'm not one of those fortunate ones, but those who grew up in Barnosville remembered where may brothers used to be and we're just now the Sayer Building or who are other things and parades that were along the route. I was speaking with one of our entrants yesterday, excuse me, the Barnisville Ballet, and she said, I'm only a little bit off Frank Phillips. But they performed at thea Civic Center, at the Community Center, so that's along the route.
Speaker 3: And so any of those we're.
Speaker 4: Looking forward to telling your stories for all of those interests there with the memories, the long memory lane.
Speaker 5: That is so nice. That is going to be so cool.
Speaker 4: Now, one of the things we do want to remind everyone is there only one san Remember that at the end of the parade. Yes, and so if you would not make Santa part of your past and present memories or your float entries at all, that would be good.
Speaker 2: But this is wonderful, This is so good. I took a look at some of your sponsors. Many of them come back for more, as they say, absolutely, once they get hooked, they're in for a law.
Speaker 3: They are, They're in for the long haul.
Speaker 4: We have Actually the Corners Club has been hosting the parades. It's twenty ten and some of our sponsors have been with us for all of those years and have One of our new ones for parade theme this year is the Stop Funeral Directors in Crematory and the nonprofit is Scott Chollette and Farmers Insurance. They are new sponsor, but we have our tried and true like Truity Credit Union representative of Judge Strum is always promoting and sponsoring the Dewey band.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's there.
Speaker 4: Corporate sponsor Cliffs Flooring and Windows has been with us from day one, Brian Little from day one, and Santa Claus with Musselmans, all of those have been longtime sponsors. And of course Kate your end for the business sponsor. We just absolutely could not do what we do without your help and in support.
Speaker 2: And you know, when Kevin and his family go cruising down the street that Ford fair Lane retractable, I know car is only driven on Bartleswell streets. I'm told, really, I'm told it's only been driven on Bartleswell streets.
Speaker 3: I am told with bumpers on either side.
Speaker 2: But that is really something because you know, he takes the grandkids out in it and they get they just love it because they get to see the that crowd and I know everybody on the floats ever since I've been here that those crowds just keep growing every roadway. There's no blank spots, there's no dead spots. There's folks shoulder to shoulder, elbow to elbow right along the route.
Speaker 3: We have.
Speaker 4: Lots of people that are driving the oldest but goodies always the motorcycle group always wonderful entries that we have the radio.
Speaker 3: Two way radio.
Speaker 4: I'm missing now what it's called, but they are the Ham radios are very much involved with the parade as far as radioing us back and forth what's going on the route, so from command center for us, which is the parking lot to know what's going on. So I have some not just people that are in the parade, but people that come alongside and help the corners to make this a wonderful gift to the community. A presenting sponsor this year, who is a premier sponsor is Harves Spain and they're one that have been with us for a long time as well.
Speaker 2: And that's where we have our perch up there in one of the top floors and so the parade goes by, we have our TV cameras there and that's where Nathan and I do the play by play and they're always so gracious and we can spell the popcorn from all the way down there in the lobby.
Speaker 5: Can't have it till we're done.
Speaker 4: We've had some some of the entrances this year asked for let us know that they want to do something along the parade route as well, so we may end up having some hot chocolate or some popcorn along the routers, some handouts. We always have wonderful elves Santa help us walking along the parade route and handing out candy. We don't throw it exactly.
Speaker 5: You know something that it would be like parade dash.
Speaker 3: That's right, it has happened.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: The registration this year is online again.
Speaker 4: It's open until December fourth, that's Wednesday before the parade that's on that Saturday. We used to do it right up until Friday night, and we would be sometimes four or five o'clock in the morning trying to finish it up, and we wanted to do it a little bit different, give everybody an opportunity to have everything in place before that happens. Our registration for businesses fifty dollars and for nonprofits it's twenty five.
Speaker 2: Who's your team that lights those all out and does all of the real hard work.
Speaker 4: For well, Actually, Conrad Brandon new who is our I thought, yes, he's in it. Well, you know that with Kawana's everybody wears lots of different hats, so you see him in lots of different places. But he is our logistical person for making things happen in the parade route, in the parade staging area and along the route, and so we hats off to Conrad.
Speaker 5: Well, your whole team does a wonderful job.
Speaker 2: All we have to do is basically show up and just have fun like everybody else.
Speaker 5: We're going Thank you, Kana.
Speaker 3: There's a wonderful.
Speaker 4: One of the things that I have mentioned to is when our entrance of registrars go online to the register, you do such a good job of describing what's there. We want to give you all the help we can.
Speaker 3: Said.
Speaker 4: We asked them to give us a little blurb about their entries so that so that when you're describing it to those people who are not fortunate enough to be live with us, they'll know what's going on as well. And we've asked all of our entrants to light this year. It's a nighttime parade, and if you don't have any lights, you can't the scene. Even the cars that even if it's just twinkle lights, so that they so we know that you're there and it's not a gap in the parade.
Speaker 5: We got to put your on camera, we got to see you coming.
Speaker 3: Acts.
Speaker 4: Absolutely just to go back a little bit with the sponsors for.
Speaker 2: Celebrate Giving, Oh yeah, yeah, I got a little ahead of myself there.
Speaker 4: We Actually one other opportunity is we used to do the People's Choice Awards. Now we even have a BFF for Celebrate Giving and it's the Bartlesville fan favorite this year, and so we're looking for lots of people to buy tickets for that. They can come and stuff that ballot box and vote for their favorite nonprofit that evening. That's another way that the nonprofit will be able to garner some much needed cash for their efforts and their support.
Speaker 2: Man, this is going to be great. Both of these are awesome. I was there for the very first one. I missed the second one, but I was there for the very first one, and I got to tell you, there's.
Speaker 5: A lot of people. There's a lot of and there were a lot of happy people and.
Speaker 3: A lot of happy people, and.
Speaker 6: I'm going by them, going my goodness sakes most all y'all been in the radio station here at time or six, and it was just nice to see everybody all in one place, you know, giving it their best.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have forty nine nonprofit so it's going to be it's definitely a full house. We have the I think the four h is also going to be manning a hot dog truck station outside right outside the door, so you don't have to go home to eat before you come. There's going to be food there and inside there are always a nonprofits that are either selling sausa and chips or hot dogs or chili or bake goods. So there's gonna be a way that you we're trying to go on and get you before you go home.
Speaker 5: You'll be four six thirty. You'll be nourished. They'll take the edge drop before.
Speaker 3: You get home exactly.
Speaker 2: Pat thank you for coming in and just giving us so much information and lots of reasons to smile.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for having us, and we look forward to seeing everyone on November nineteen, sorry, November fourteenth at the Center for celebrate Giving and December seventh for the parade six thirty in the evening downtown Bartlesville.
Speaker 5: Already it's a date,