Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, KFI, mister bo Kelly, We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and it's Tech Thursday, and that means we get to talk to Marsha Collier who had left us, left the country, so I'm told, and I'm surprised she did come back, but I'm glad she came back.
Speaker 3: Marshall, car was good to see you. Where'd you go?
Speaker 4: I went to England to visit my family. And I say England because I spent a couple of days in London because my daughter was with me.
Speaker 5: Kind of have to do that.
Speaker 4: It was my uncle's ninety eighth birthday. Oh what a blessing, and he was all dressed up in a gorgeous suit and tie and cuff links. We went out to a restaurant for dinner. It was spectacular and he mentally challenged me. And I've just decided that if God forbid, anything happens to me bad in the head as I get older, I want to be in a home over there.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be your retirement community.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 5: I figured it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, we missed you, but glad to have you back.
Speaker 2: As an Android owner, a pixel Phone owner, I know that I can pretty much depend on a new operating system just about each October. It used to coincide when they would release the latest version of the pixel phone, but they moved at the pixel Phone date. Well, they debuted it, but you couldn't get it for like another forty five days. But Android fifteen is out. I don't even know what the name for it is. I don't know if they still name them anymore.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I don't remember.
Speaker 4: But in my new book Android Smartphones for Seniors for Dummies, which comes out December fifth, available for pre order on Amazon.
Speaker 5: It's in there all right.
Speaker 4: I never remember what I write in a book because when you see my books, there's so much information that I have.
Speaker 5: To flip back to reference the stuff.
Speaker 4: So you know, that's why there's a great index so you can find things, because it's filled with stuff.
Speaker 2: I downloaded Android fifteen what is today Thursday? I did it on Tuesday too, and I didn't have a chance to really play with it yet, but I know some of the highlights and some of the new features.
Speaker 3: Have you had much chance to work with it.
Speaker 4: Well, I obviously when I wrote the book, I had a bunch of phones and one of them was a Pixel Pro seven, which I was on the beta testing for Android fifteen.
Speaker 3: Explain it for folks who may not know what beta testing is.
Speaker 4: That means they need some people to try out operating systems to see where the failures are, to see where the good things are, to find out oops.
Speaker 5: You do that, you lock up your phone.
Speaker 4: So it's not something you definitely want to try on your daily driver, and you need to have a little bit of technical knowledge to get out of some messes that you do get in. But I had it on this phone and I was watching it happen, and it's a new operating system, it's got new features. It's not going to change your life, just like I hate to break it to your iPhone folks, The new iPhone not going to change your life.
Speaker 2: So these were maybe incremental upgrades, not a revolutionary or a material upgrade.
Speaker 4: Well, the beta test came in different downloads, like they'd download one thing and then if something was broken with that, they'd fix it in the next download and the next download, so it went several downloads, and things are incremental for example. It's not out right now, but there will be something in Android fifteen which will allow you to set your phone so that you can plug it in all night and will stop charging at eighty percent.
Speaker 2: Stop or slow down Stop. What would be the advantage of that, because I'd like to keep my iPhone charge well it. But when you have a battery a lithium, a lithium I own battery in a phone and you charge it to one hundred or you let it go down below twenty, there's damage to the battery. Yes, So to extend the life of a battery, you don't have to turn it on. If you want to charge to one hundred, you can, but you will have the option to stop it at eighty and then have it, let's say at five am in the morning finish charging.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, we'll finish charging.
Speaker 2: And I do know that, and I know that when I get a new phone, that battery has about a year and a half two years before it starts to degrade.
Speaker 3: That I noticed it at least.
Speaker 4: And you'll find when you start stopping at eighty percent. Because other brands have phones already do this, that was in their own software overlay, that they will last a lot longer, and the batteries just they don't deterar, right, because these are expensive little devices. We need them, we use them, we get upgrades. And I mean, what now, there's a six to seven year upgrade period with each Android phone.
Speaker 2: And how likely are you to keep that same phone for six or seven years?
Speaker 3: I have, I should say, actively.
Speaker 5: Using, actively using. You know, I still have a couple old ones that.
Speaker 2: I keep my old ones, but I'm not I may use them as a spare camera for security purpose.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've got a spare camera phone. I have got a home entertainment phone, gotcha, that has all those apps on it because I don't want to take up space and what I'm carrying around because I Am not going to stop anywhere and watch Big Bang Theory. And I have another one smart home as all my smart home stuff. The smart home one also has all my financial stuff on it.
Speaker 5: Those apps. I will not put on a phone that I'm carrying around. It's just not safe.
Speaker 2: Speaking of not saying, very quickly, before we go to break, let's talk about this new feature called theft protection on Android fifteen. If I have it right, the phone will sense if if someone is like stolen your phone and yanked it out of your hand and starts running down the street. Yes, supposedly suppose it, right, Not that I want to try it to find out.
Speaker 4: Well, we were trying it downstairs and obviously we don't run fast enough.
Speaker 3: You didn't trigger it, no, or the.
Speaker 4: Wi Fi wasn't working, we didn't have a signal. You know, there's all that technically what's supposed to happen. And also they're still sending down incremental downloads of Android fifteen, so you may get part of it and may not get all of it.
Speaker 5: But that's basically what Mo said. Some you're on your phone, dout.
Speaker 3: Not payg attention, right.
Speaker 5: Someone yanks it out of your hand, starts running with it.
Speaker 4: Then it uses the gyro scope, it uses your location, It uses all these methods AI no doubt to lock the phone.
Speaker 3: It's almost like crash detection for your phone.
Speaker 4: Right, And crash detection is another one of the new features. Now, I'm not going to go crash my car to test it, but.
Speaker 2: But if you should, your phone will let you know that it's you've crashed your car and call emergency service.
Speaker 5: Well, I can tell you that on Star did that. So I can't.
Speaker 3: But this is Star per month, right.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is I know it can be done.
Speaker 4: Becausej yeah, so on Star did it. Now, if you want to go where you need to go to find all these really cool Google things on a pixel phone, you go to settings. You know how to do that, right, you press a little cog thing. Google is an actual category now and it will be in a lot of Android phones. Then all services. Then you'll see theft protection, theft detection lock.
Speaker 5: Oh, and you can lock it now.
Speaker 4: Once you turn it on, you have to thumbprint or something to get out of it, you know, thumb print or user and that's it. If somebody forcefully takes your phone from your hand and runs away, now not only do they have that, but they have a lot of other things they have.
Speaker 3: Uh, we got unknown tracker alerts. I'm just noticing, Oh.
Speaker 5: My god, the unknown tracker alert.
Speaker 4: My husband had a tracker with me and it kept beeping and beeping, and my phone keeps going, there's a tracker following there's a tracker following you. And in my book, you're going to be able to learn how to identify whose tracker it is.
Speaker 3: Oh I can't wait. I need an advance copy.
Speaker 5: You can have one as soon as I get them.
Speaker 3: All right, It's Later with mo Keller.
Speaker 2: We're talking with Marshall Collier, who's back from England on this Tech Thursday. KFIM six forty WeLive everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: KFI O Kelly, We're live everywhere on this Tech Thursday and on the iHeartRadio App. Marshall Collier joins us in studio. She's back from across the pond. Marshall, tell me something about these past keys. I'm hearing that terminology all the time.
Speaker 5: Paskeys are you know?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna agree with all of you because I'm not going to fake knowing something and just gaslight all you. Paskeys come in so many different flavors and so many different ways. There's one website that may want you to download some keys for you to keep somewhere safely.
Speaker 5: I think that's face.
Speaker 2: It's not like a version of a pass word, but not necessarily a word.
Speaker 5: But it's a key. Now.
Speaker 4: First, first I thought that had to do with like a UBI key. With a Ubie key is a thing that you plug into your USB port and that is the lock for all your websites. The only problem is I never used it because I knew for sure I was going to lose.
Speaker 5: It just period. I knew it.
Speaker 4: I didn't know how many I would need, but I would definitely lose it. So a lot of times, like with Chrome, you can do the thumb print to get in and out, and also on your phone when you put one of these settings that we were just talking about, like theft protection, once you've turned it on, in order to turn it off, you have to put your fingerprint down to prove that it's you turning off the theft protection. So pass keys right now are confusing. They're run by so many different companies and I don't like that because you know, that goes back to the days where you come to a new website and it says sign in with Google, sign in with Instagram, and realize that every time you're signing in with one of those websites, they have the right to all the information that you've got on those websites. So scary thought, just you know, so I just stopped, Dude, I think I did it once until I realized. But what to me is even more scary is AI that's coming out mo and we're going to have it for the holidays.
Speaker 5: It's going to scare the heck out of you.
Speaker 4: There's a new smart glasses that looks at you inward while you're looking out from them.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, say that again, Say that again.
Speaker 5: Okay, they look here. Quote.
Speaker 4: They are ones that peer inward at you rather than outward, so you can see out the glasses right, But the glasses are watching you. They're called Sense and they have a bunch of sensors in them that monitor your facial movements in real time to get your emotional state.
Speaker 3: What do I get to What do I get for that?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What can it do for me? Once it figures out I'm angry or am I'm sad?
Speaker 4: Well, and it can also pick up subtle movements that occur when people make expressions like smiling, frowning, something like that.
Speaker 5: It can watch what you're eating.
Speaker 4: To see if you're sticking to your diet and let you know how many calories.
Speaker 5: Now again they're called this.
Speaker 2: Sounds like another spouse monitoring whatever I do. Who am I smiling at? Who am I talking to what did you eat for lunch?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 5: Nightly tip the waiters when you leave.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So these are coming out and the CEO of the company was the guy who was in charge of snap the spectacles of Snapchat.
Speaker 5: That was his project.
Speaker 4: So the old goal for these glasses is mental health and dietary management. Now where the data goes, we don't really hear about that. But tracking your food consumption, I'm thinking that that's not a good thing if they sell it to your insurance company, if you're the.
Speaker 2: Only reason they would track that data is if they could use that data or sell that data.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Also, it has a single outward facing camera that can be used to snap pictures of the food you're eating.
Speaker 2: I guess that's so that's useful in this world war, or to post our meals.
Speaker 4: Or if you eat too quickly based on the detection of choose per second.
Speaker 3: Oh damn, just let me enjoy my meal.
Speaker 5: This is coming. I think it's in November, which is coming couple weeks, coming too soon.
Speaker 4: But it's called Sense Glasses by a company called m Tech. And when I go to cees, I guarantee you I will look at it. I can promise you. I won't be bringing one home for us to play with.
Speaker 2: For me, all these new technological advances, For me, the value is in the utility. How can I use it in my life? Not not? Is it wow? Can it do wonderful things? But what can it do for me? Does it have any real usefulness in my life?
Speaker 4: That doesn't wasn't it Marshall McLuhan who named utles?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okayles are a unit of measurement. You pay blank amount for this? How much utility you get out of that? You break those into units and you can figure out a cost basis if it's worth it to you to pay it. Do you get all the utiles the utility you need out of something? And that's an old theory. It's been around for a while, and I think more and more we're going to have to think about it, because real fast, I got to tell you about this. Gotta have this comes out November seventh from Casio.
Speaker 2: I used to love Casio, from the keyboards to their watches.
Speaker 5: I got something even better for.
Speaker 4: Caso's Casio's back and look what they're making.
Speaker 3: They look like gribils tribles. Okay, start trek triples close enough.
Speaker 5: They do.
Speaker 4: Actually, they look like guinea pigs and it's a new hypoallergenic robot pet. They've been demonstrating them in Japan and the slogan is always by your side.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go back to the utility discussion.
Speaker 2: What do they do or they just do they sense your emotions and know when you're saying and come saddle up next to you or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, funny, Yeah they do, Yeah, they do it.
Speaker 5: It's really strange.
Speaker 4: It doesn't really walk and instead wiggles in place depending on the interaction you're having with it when you open the box. It's just a baby and it learns from you. It's I know, they're selling them for roughly four hundred dollars a device in Japan.
Speaker 3: Let me guess and attracts all this data and they sells it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I don't know yet, but I think you can build a deeper bond with an owner through voice and gesture based recognition software. Trust is apparently earned with the toy, and it takes a few months for it to fully develop into a strange bunch of affection and emotion. It will also negative emotions if you treat it negatively, which is kind of ominous. Yeah, scary, it's awfully cute. Around day fifty, owners can fully ex their moflin to be fully matured and offer unique cooing noises and wriggling movements from a range of four million different combinations.
Speaker 3: Can we just go back to Baby Alive? Do you remember Baby Alive?
Speaker 5: The one that pooped in Pea?
Speaker 2: Yes, when life was much simpler, wasn't that simple? My sister had a baby alive.
Speaker 5: I didn't have one. I just wasn't.
Speaker 3: You had feed it and it would crap like an hour later or something.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, so cool it.
Speaker 3: Was for nineteen seventy three. Yes, it was very cool in my day.
Speaker 5: It was a chatty Kathy doll.
Speaker 3: Chatty Kathy, yeah, which you could pull the string.
Speaker 5: In the back.
Speaker 4: By the way, I have two of those going up for sale on eBay. You in box, never been played with, but yeah, this is today's chatty Kathy. Problem is only has a five hour battery life. But you said it on its little thing and it will sit in a bed like cradle and recharge.
Speaker 3: So you could charge it like overnight.
Speaker 5: Yes you could.
Speaker 4: And they're palm sized gerbils and it's way more than a Ferby.
Speaker 5: Ferbies were scary, weren't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I have a problem with mechanical furry things.
Speaker 4: Okay, well we have a mechanical dog from Japan, right, bring them in from Japan. Yes, we should bring Iebow in one week. We kind of turned Ibo off once they wanted to charge three hundred dollars a year for the Wi Fi.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that turns in like to like a veterinary. Veterinarian costs well.
Speaker 5: Then it doesn't learn.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's been twelve I think we're running out of time.
Speaker 2: Yes, look at time is Later with Mo Kelly. It's always good to see you, Marcia Carty.
Speaker 5: See you next week.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And Facebook is still a thing. When you talk about meta, that's inclusive of what's appened Instagram, But Facebook, the flagship of meta, is still really important in a variety of ways in our social media lives. But if you think about what goes on behind the scenes, what it's like to work at Meta, I'm not so sure that I would ever want to work for Mark Zuckerberg or Facebook. There's a policy that which is good on the surface, that employees are given a twenty five dollars grub Hub credit if they work past six pm. And in our business, at least just about everybody works past six pm if you had a normal nine am start. If you work in a location that does not have a cafeteria on site and you work past six pm, you're giving a twenty five dollar grub Hub credit.
Speaker 3: That's kind of cool. But here's the problem.
Speaker 2: Staffers evidently were ordering meals when they weren't even in the office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an issue.
Speaker 2: We're giving their credits to other members of staff, or we're using the credits to buy groceries and other household essentials.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Stephan, would you have.
Speaker 2: A problem with that if you were Mark Zuckerberg and you were making these twenty five dollars grub Hub credits available to staff to use. I'm saying, you know, probably at their own discretion. If you're in the office past six o'clock and there's not a cafeteria on site at your location, here's twenty five dollars to get food, and you instead use it to get toothpaste, or you give it to your you're assistant or someone else.
Speaker 3: How do you come out on that little bit odd I don't know. I don't know how to feel about it. It's pretty weird for me.
Speaker 2: I think that you are creating more problems for your company trying to regulate grubhub credits than just letting employees be happy and use them. As it turns out, Mark Zuckerberg has fired some twenty to thirty employees because of not following that policy explicitly, some high ranking executives making more than four hundred.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars a year. I don't know if that's good business.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I disagree, homeboy. I disagree. Oh, rules or rules, Huh, It's not just rules or rules. If I have a company and I have allotted a certain amount of money.
Speaker 3: For my employees to be able to.
Speaker 6: Order food so they can stay in the office and work with a Hey, you're here, you're working late. I'm gonna take care of dinner for you, and I'm gonna leave you just say I leave you cash to take care of dinner, right right, And you then say, nah, I'm gonna take that cash and put gas in my car or I'm gonna go to the movies or whatever. It's not for that, because then what you're also saying is that you're misusing the money that gave you to help you work harder and do what you're doing. Say, for instance, say, for instance, the cafeteria that we have here, if I hard made it, don't call that a cafeteria, if the little ampm snacks right, whatever you want to call it. If I hard made it so that each of us on a daily basis could go in there and get one item, just you know, work productivity, you know, morale and all that. But then I see you inviting someone up, a guest or anyone saying, hey, you can have myself. I'm like, no, it's not for a guest, is not for your friend, is not for you to take homeboard now, It's for you to be able to work here and eat that food. Otherwise, don't touch it, don't spend my money the way you want to mark.
Speaker 3: It sounds like or seems like you have a differing opinion.
Speaker 6: I didn't say anything. Look at your facial expose. Okay, all right, you face it at all. Well, here's a little here's a little whip around quiz, how much do you guys think Mark Zuckerman's net worth is burg? Oh ah, Zuckerberg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, he's like two two hundred billion, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so, if a guy who's worth two hundred billion dollars wants to micromanage what I'm spending on my food, I would probably want to separate his head from the rest of his body.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're closer to me than Tula.
Speaker 2: And this is the way I look at it from a brand perception standpoint. Yes, rules are rules, but the negative press and the negative the ill will that you engender for firing people for if we take the story of face that you assuming that they were fired specifically for that and it wasn't connected to other behavior, I think that that probably costs a company more money because you're getting rid of talent.
Speaker 3: It's not just you're getting rid of people. You're getting rid of talented people who.
Speaker 2: Have an institutional knowledge in whatever positions they have, and you're getting rid of that over twenty five dollars here, twenty five dollars here. I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying it's a very small minded view of a big picture issue.
Speaker 6: Possibly, But if on Friday night when we party and you are putting up dough for food, right, and you know, Mark Fooshi, whoever else is here, we're starving, and you say, you know what, I'm putting up the card. You all order some food and we're all going to be here and happy or whatnot?
Speaker 3: Right right?
Speaker 6: And instead of using that card to order some food, you fight out, I'm ordering movie downloads or whatever. Now I'm doing everything but what I was supposed to do with that money. And now we're still sitting here, hungry, lackluster, our performance isn't up, We're not happy or this, that and the other. You would feel some kind of way if we misuse the money that you gave us to do X, Y and z, you would not be cool with it.
Speaker 2: All right, let me take that analogy one step further, using my own mentality. Does that mean then if I had the power to and I don't, does that mean I fire the person who misused a card, and then I'm without a producer or I'm without a technical director, I'm without a news anchor. And that creates more upheaval within the show than saying, hey, guys, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: Because of X, Y and Z. Otherwise we just have to stop the practice.
Speaker 2: But it's not worth i'll say, turning the show upside down and also making my life more difficult. I think this makes it more difficult for Meta to survive. I think it's a black guy for Meta publicly after a whole bunch of black guys. I don't think being petty is going to give them the type of return that they want. Yes, rules are rules, but like for example, in our kitchen, their items, you're supposed to pay for all the items, yep, including the coffee, and people take the coffee, they don't pay for it. And I know the companies just said, okay, never mind, effort, we're not going to worry about it.
Speaker 6: Wait, we're supposed to pay for the coffee. No, not the not the coffee in the machine. People are taking coffee out the refrigerator yeah, okay, drinks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're taking that.
Speaker 2: And I know the company is aware of it because there's cameras in there, and I know they have a feeling about it, but they've made the conscious decision either let's talk to the person or let's address it on some level. But it doesn't mean that we need to fire them because it's probably more trouble than it's worth.
Speaker 6: You get one warning for stepping over that line. Stir enough you no, no, no, I'm not no. Probably this is this is facts. You get one warning for stepping over that line. You get one. Oh, I didn't know. You get one of those, and then you say, hey, man, what happened to such and such? All right, you know that's what I'm I'm no Brett Bear here, but I think I can I think I can spot a slight, a minor flaw in your analogy with with Mo in that Mo is not worth two hundred billion dollars. Okay, according to you, he lives in the taj Mahal. So what are you talking about. Well, yeah, that's for a different argument. That's a whole different set of rules that for busting on it applies. I mean, in a different context, I will bust on on Mo for living in a villa with servants and valets. But this is not that Mo is a is within the normal range of human income in the situation that we're talking about here, doucker Berg is not. You can't tell someone what to do with their money. You can't we can't care about them.
Speaker 3: We can't.
Speaker 2: But I think it's shortsighted in this type of a decision. I think it hurts the company more than the let's say, the seven hundred and fifty dollars worth a Grubhub which was misused.
Speaker 6: Look, I promise you uh to take it even further down the road that mark is going. These twenty thirty people, I'm sure they're easily replaced.
Speaker 3: He did not.
Speaker 6: He did not fire top level executives whose Facebook or Meta's very future hinges on their whims. You know what, if you all get on out of here, you take your misuse and misspending of my funds and be out of here.
Speaker 3: If if mo Kelly during his if mo.
Speaker 2: Kelly trying to defend stops broken windows, but if Kelly during his years within the record industry was up there misusing T.
Speaker 3: And E accounts, he'd be out of there. I don't care what he was doing. Only not only was I misusing it was I was. I was well, it was kind of understood.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know you're not supposed to take the CDs and sell them back to Warehouse Music.
Speaker 3: I didn't want you to tell himself.
Speaker 2: I made a lot of money taking the promo CDs with the little cutout to even show that. No, they know that it was promo CDs, and I sold them the warehouse. It made a lot of change.
Speaker 6: When when Moe has so much money that he can afford a massive survival compound in New Zealand, then I'll listen to your analogy.
Speaker 3: This is not that I think.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think rules are rules, but there should be some discretion because the company is more important than I think following every single rule. Look, there's there's letter of the law and spirit the law, and no spirit of the law is going to bring into is going to endanger the company.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Look, if you want to fire someone for stealing five cents, yeah, that's letter of the law. But the spirit of the law is it's not worth that. I think it's injurious to the company. Big picture maybe, but you also have to set an example. You cannot have habitual line steppers setting a bad example essentially stealing from the company because you are misusing the funds. The funds are for this, and you are using them for that. You're using them off site, using them for whatever leisure activity you want to.
Speaker 3: That's not what it's for if.
Speaker 6: You take petty change you go and use the petty personally what you want. I'm just saying, I'm not impersonal. No, I'm just saying to a son or something. No, I just do not think that if you're running a company, you're running a company. If you're running you know, a visit with you and your friends, just hanging out, do whatever you want. I don't care, but this is a company. This is all I want to know. Tawala, When did you become Howard Hughes surrounded by bottles of your own urine, counting the paper clips that your Mormon aids were using.
Speaker 3: This is insane that that is an apt reference. Too bad. We got to go to break paint.
Speaker 2: We got to continue this on the other side because Tuala is wrong and we need to make sure that he's beaten into the dirt. Arkadye Cam I six forty We're live everywhere the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: Coming up on October thirtieth is the Later with Mo Kelly pre Halloween sa A. We're getting our food lined up. We're getting our beverages lined up. We're getting our winners lined up. We'll have a new batch of winners who will be coming to the party as of tomorrow for name that movie called Classic. It's all coming together nicely. Can't wait to meet all of you. But before the break, we were talking about Meta slash Facebook, which has reportedly fired some twenty to thirty employees connected to the misuse of the twenty five dollars meal credits, which were reserved for staffers who are working past six pm in offices that don't have cafeterias on site. One of the employees said that they were working nights and weekends, nights and weekends for Meta it had spent their twenty five dollars credit on items like toothpaste and tea from right aid that was outside the boundaries as expressed and the policies and procedures code of conduct for Metta. YadA YadA, YadA, blah blah blah. And we've been going around in the room as far as is this too heavy handed or not. I said that yes, it violates the letter of the law and probably the spirit of the law. But if I'm Meta, I'm super sensitive to all the bad news and all the bad reporting which has been everywhere regarding Meta and Facebook, which does impact the stock price. Mark was of the opinion that Mark Zuckerberg having some two hundred million dollars in the bank, he should not be worried about nickel and diming people to death. I don't necessarily subscribe to that, because how much the owner has is really neither here nor there.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking about the company. Tuala has gone off on the deep end saying fire them all and maybe, you know, send them to jail.
Speaker 6: He's got a little bit of an authoritarian streak that I never picked up on before.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: Look, I hate to get all I hate to get all Scrooge McDuck on you, but no, I don't don't count my dollars and cents. If I tell you that this fund is for you to do X, Y and z, then you do X, Y and Z with it. Do not. I do not want to find out that you've been misappropriating funds that I have supplied. I have a bottom line, and from that bottom line, if I am trying to make work life better, not your home life, not your personal life. If I'm trying to make work life better. Then that's what the funds are for. If I find out that you're misusing that, there's very little I will borrow from Trump. But I'm borrowing this.
Speaker 3: You fi it? Waitit, wait minute.
Speaker 2: So you're saying that when we had T and E back in the music business and we were using it for radio programmers taking them to strip clubs and take them to the bunny ranch, that was inappropriate.
Speaker 6: That was very inappropriate. That was that was highly highly inappropriate. Good sir, Oh okay, I was just wondering toiler, which Charles Dickens character, would you say that you actually are?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm definitely not Bob Crackett.
Speaker 6: No, no, you're not tiny choices there No, Look, I understand. Let the ghost come and visit me. You know what they will say, Hey, Twala, you really took care of your employees.
Speaker 3: But you know what you also did.
Speaker 6: You took care of your bottom line and made sure your company stayed afloat, and you fired those free loading users who were trying to bleed you dry. Yeah, because obviously Facebook is struggling to make ends meet. We don't know what Facebook is struggling to do. We don't know what they're doing. I think I.
Speaker 2: Don't follow their stock well from their public financial reports, they're doing pretty damn well. Oh well, then they can do without this twenty thirty free loaders. Bye, they can do it that. Good bye. What about the institution knowledge, Because from what I understand, these are varying levels of employment within the company executives down to the assistant level. You still actually you've incurred more of a cost trying to replace them, I know that for a fact.
Speaker 6: Possibly, And you know what's always waiting in the wings at a company like a Facebook, hell, even at iHeartRadio. Someone else who wants to take your spot always okay, also, so trust to believe there's always someone who wants to take your spot, who's waiting for you to mess up. Okay, If you don't have time for half step in and shenanigans, you don't, you know what, find yourself out of here, find yourself on the chow line and maybe using that grub Hub credit that you've been stealing from me.
Speaker 3: Letala Trump in the.
Speaker 6: Building, Kuala Trump, you mean Tuala Hitler? Who else used that? Rules are rules? I just said to Wala Trump, I didn't like you to the worst person. I'm just saying like that world history and Bark is taking this not a personal Well look, i mean at the point where you say, don't worry about people, don't make more of them. Look, that's what that's where the Hitlert job. This is a this is a this is a strict business. If you are not worried about your bottom line, why are you in business? If you are not worried about keeping your company afloat, if you are not mining the dollars, all of the cents will roll right out.
Speaker 2: Okay, company, all right, you know, let me say this one point. We have a supply room back in the back. Okay, we can get pins and and paper and that kind of thing. And I'm quite sure people take more than their fair share of stuff and take it home, not because I've done it, but because I've done it.
Speaker 6: What's the statute of limitations on office supply? Right?
Speaker 3: Office supply?
Speaker 2: So that, to follow your analogy, would be impacting the bottom line. If I'm taking extra reams of paper for by printer at home, you gotta go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, really, old Tawala Hitler says, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let me let me just tell Robin right now that she's gonna have to somehow replace because tomorrow I'm not going to be here because I took some extra paper.
Speaker 6: They don't grow post it notes on trees. MO, you can't just take those. Look if Jack in the Box is not charging a quarter for those damn ranch dressings, the people that the cashers, they're just gonna start giving them away, and me as the own they do, Me as the franchise owner who has to pay for that. That comes out of my bottom line. You don't get to give away free ranches. I said, charge a quarter for those ranches. Damn it. Charge a quarter for those ranches if you're good to bring ranch into it. I I'm out of arguments against it. Twala Hitler serious about the ranch?
Speaker 3: What's sad?
Speaker 6: As?
Speaker 2: He's absolutely serious. I'm not joking, dead serious. Oh I'm glad I'm not sitting next to him right now. I'd be afraid. I'm so SMA.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't mess around with this, so it's steal it for me. You're gone in a hard Is it.
Speaker 2: Stealing if they've you've already relinquished it, and instead of using it for grubhub to get funions, they got toothpaste really really, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 6: Using it off company the company site. You're not using it for what it's there for. Rules are rules because of that, because that's why bring your own damn lunch. You don't need my money. And then if you're not gonna use my money, bring your.
Speaker 2: Side with Mark, because we know that doesn't work both ways, because you then have companies which take advantage of employees they're working more than forty hours a week. I told you about the person who's working weekends and nights in excess of.
Speaker 3: Whatever their salary base is.
Speaker 2: And then you're gonna say you're fired for using your grubhub.
Speaker 3: Okay, look for toothpaste.
Speaker 6: Look, we don't know if this person is working in excess of the hours you say, like they're not getting paid, like they're off the clock.
Speaker 3: No one's coming in on the weekends, off the clock.
Speaker 6: Radio they are. Look if you're coming in off the clock on rady. You know what we're doing. We are trying to get what mo ahead. We are trying to show improve we are trying to stake our claim in the game.
Speaker 3: Give an extra to the company that they did not actually pay you for.
Speaker 6: You know, hell, welcome to the industry. Welcome to life. When it comes to Grand Theft Ranch. That's where Tula puts his foot down, isn't it look at the time I look at it.
Speaker 2: KFI A F six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Stimulating talk for independent Thought.
Speaker 2: K f I KOs T HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County
Speaker 3: Live everywhere on the Art Radio app.