Speaker 1: It was on the way to work and all day in fault check in throughout the day.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC D talk Station.
Speaker 3: Eight o five at fifty five KR see de talk station and Thomas. Always looking forward to this time of the week because it is the time where we get to talk to Bright part B R E I T B A ar T Breitbart dot Com, book Market. You'd be glad you did where you will read some of the writings of my guests this morning. Editor at large Rebecca Mansoor, who is colonists from Los Angeles, California. Rebecca, welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome, h Well, good to talk with you very early in the morning here.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it is and.
Speaker 1: Very difficult week.
Speaker 3: How how long have you been out? I been out in LA or are you? Do you live in the greater Los Angeles area? I guess we should establish that, yes.
Speaker 1: I do. I've lived here for nearly three decades. I've lived here longer than anywhere else in my life. Actually, I'm originally from more your neck of the woods. I'm born in ra Is in Matur, Detroit, but moved out here in the late nineties and have never.
Speaker 2: Left how about that.
Speaker 3: So it's obviously closer and nearer and dearer to your personal experience with that much time there to see the devastation. It's actually been completely heartbreaking to hear the accounts of longtime residents like yourself who have literally lost everything, because they're just every day there's more and more interviews with folks, and it's just hard to really put yourself in a position where you are, you have everything going in your life and the next thing you know, it's completely gone. Has your personal neighborhood been impacted by these fires.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, a little bit, but not nearly as bad and anywhere near as bad as Palisades, the Pacific Palisades fire, or the Altadena Pasadena area. I live in the Hollywood Hills area. We did have to evacuate briefly, yeah, with the fire that broke out, So I did have a taste of the experience here with the evacuation. I left, had evacuate on Wednesday and quickly come back. And I'll tell you I've lived here, like I said, nearly thirty years. I've never seen anything like this. None of us have. This is a very unique experience and we're used to earthquakes, wildfires, mud slides, you name it out here. This is nonelike anything any of us have ever witnessed, and it's really has rattled us, terrified us my colleagues. As you know, Breitbart News is headquartered out of Los Angeles. This is the hometown of our founder Andrew Breitbart and everybody, all of my colleagues have been impacted. One of my colleagues, John conn who is the singer songwriter who created the number one hit song Fighter, a Trump tribute song, he lost everything his house. He had to watch it burn to the ground on his ring phone app after he was evacuated. Another one of my colleagues just barely saved his house. He was using his son's baseball bucket to put out the fire himself. And you know, all of my Another one of my colleagues lost everything on their street. Their house was miraculously saved. All of us have had to be evacuated at least once. And we're not out of the woods yet because just right now, as I'm speaking to you, the winds are kicking up again. The Santa Ana wins not as bad as they were last week with the ninety to one hundred mile per hour wind gus. These wind gusts are about you know, sixty miles per hour, but still with these two fires still raging, this is a very very dangerous situation for us. So we could see this all happen again this week, so we're just not out of the woods. It's it's an insane situation. And I know that people are going to say that it's unprecedented. It is unprecedented to see all these multiple fires go at the same time like this, but it was not something that had to happen necessarily if we had competent leadership.
Speaker 3: Well, and I'm glad you win that direction, because I was wondering if your fellow Angelina's were actually talking about the incompetence of government officials, the promises previously made that were broken. I've been going through the ucent for the last couple of days. I mean, I go back to Governor Jerry Brown twenty eighteen, he signed a one billion dollar bill that was supposed to prevent catastrophic wildfires and protect Californians from this type of thing. Governor knews from twenty nineteen. The report from the Wildfire Strike Force said that over the next five years, the state will commit over one billion dollars for critical fuel reduction projects, support to prescribed fire crews, forest thinning, and other forest health projects. There was a bond bill back in twenty fourteen, overwhelmingly approved by Californians, three billion dollars of which was supposed to set aside to be building new reserves or reservoirs. And here we are ten years later, not single new reservoir has been built. Do you feel let down? I mean the Democrats who elect these Democrats who abvious demonstrably incompetent or for whatever reason, don't follow through with promises made to deal with the next fire, as if they're not going to happen again. Are they talking about that? Do they feel letdown? Are they going to maybe perhaps change their attitude toward electing government officials?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I mean, look, we've been mugged by reality, you know, like the famous saying that a conservative is just a liberal who was mugged by reality. Yes, we've all been mugged. Everybody's been mugged by reality out here. The issue is whether there's going to be a sane, common sense conservative Republican that will step up and present themselves as a solution. That's always an issue here because we just we don't really have the infrastructure for a strong Republican party. We need one. But I'll tell you what, Yeah, there's all sorts of anger about all of this stuff. And you know, look, the one guy that we could have elected mayor Lasco around. His name is Rick Caruso. He was a former water commissioner. He's also a billionaire property owner and he has this really nice property in Pacific Palisades called the Palisades Village. It's really sishi mall. You know, his property is the only thing still standing in the area because he hired a private you know, firefighting for to keep his property wet, to keep it, you know, to have a water tanks there. Because he knew the problem and he had been warning everybody of the problem. We didn't elect him. We decided to elect Karen Bass instead, who was and I don't usually throw this word around, but she has a literal communist Okay, she was involved in the Communist Front group during the seventies in Cuba. So I mean we elected a literal communist who you know, ran on abortion and basically instead of guy who was the water commissioner who was warning us about the wildfires. So this is what we got. We can still get an abortion here up until birth and even after probably, but we cannot keep our city from burning to the ground.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well, I'm glad, Well, I'm glad to hear that the pot has been stirred, and maybe there might be some profound political changes down the road.
Speaker 2: But in the meantime you have to deal with this.
Speaker 3: And there's a lot of questions swirling around about, you know, obviously the cause of the fire, whether or not we find out the cause or not. A lot of you know, I either call them pattern observers or conspiracy theories talking about well, this was intentional, designed to clear the land so they can rebuild Los Angeles in their own global warming connected image. I guess I'm wondering, you know, what, what you think is going to happen by people's by way of people's ability to rebuild once to get all the debris cleared out, is that going to be impeded by further regulations and new building codes and that type of thing.
Speaker 1: Well, Governor Knewsom has lifted, supposedly lifted some of the owner's building codes right the California. California has the most owner's building codes in the country. And as part of it is because we have wildfires, we have earthquakes, et cetera. Also part of it is because we have this sort of nimby not in my backyard attitude out here, and so usually it takes upwards of ten years to build a house. Let's hope that he means it with that, but all bets are off because you know, look, if it starts to take forever to get a rebuild and you know your property, you're still having to pay taxes are very high taxes and Pacific palisades. You know, the temptation might be for some residents just to say, okay, fine, somebody just I can't afford this anymore. And then some giant private equity firm will come step in and say here's some money and just throw some change at you, and you just say, okay, I'm moving to Idaho or whatever. If that happens, then yeah, you're gonna have another Lahina situation that we had in Maui, you know, where they just they bought up all of the property from the people who are the true working class people in Mawi. So God only knows. I really cannot say. This is going to be a very long rebuild process. Just clearing up the debris alone is going to take a year, two years, three years. The actual rebuild of that property. I was talking with some you know, general contractors, construction guys, all of that. They were saying could be as many as fifteen to twenty years. Certainly not gonna be overnight. I'm sorry, it's just not. I mean, others will dispute that, and I keep, you know, and they'll say, no, I won't take down maybe ten I'm like, is anything ever in this state? It took ten years. They said five years ago that they were gonna build reservoirs. Have you got any reservoirs? The ones that we have, the Fanny As Reservoir was offline with no water. That's the reservoir near Pacific Palisades. So the Pacific Palisades don't have any water because they took it offline to fix a tear in the roof. That And you know, we gave billion dollar boonds, as you said, to build more reservoirs. They don't have any reservoirs. We've been paying billions, twenty four billion for homeless, the homeless problem out here, to build new residential places, see any residential places, guys, you know. So yeah, it's going to take a long time. We do everything like ridiculously long time, you know, in California.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's like here, it's as though you're you're your own worst enemy.
Speaker 2: You you.
Speaker 3: You have these proposals to fix or find some solutions to the wildfire problem. Not that they're going to be bulletproof, but you know, the fire breaks are a good idea. Cleaning out brush is a good idea. They do proposals, they have the money for the programs, and then the environmentalists come in and challenge them in lawsuits, which either prevent the projects from moving forward or delay them. It's the environmental laws that are on the books. You just you're just chasing your own tail.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, right now, I think what we are witnessing is the beginning of the dawn of a new anti woke era that requires competency and common sense. And anybody that could present themselves as the leader of competency and common sense, I don't care what your background is or who you are, that's the leader that's going to win. And right now, California, Southern California in particular. Is that a very you know, dire situation because of lack of competency and lack of common sense.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a demonstras.
Speaker 1: Start waking up to that. I'm the opportunity.
Speaker 3: It's always nice that there's an ounce of optimism in an otherwise completely horrific situation. Rebecca mens Or So I'm fingers crossed in prayers that you do all go in that direction. And then I you know, you couldn't convince me that hosting the Olympics is a good idea. Regardless of where it is. Most all of them end up costing billions of dollars in losing money. I see that seven billion dollars of taxpayer money has been set aside to host the Los Angeles the twenty twenty eight Olympics right there in Los Angeles. Is that something that's even going to be further pursued? And is it worth the expenditure of money to bring the Olympics the Olympians there at this juncture?
Speaker 1: You know, it's like this is this one really hurts me because I was really excited about the Olympics. I think a lot of Los Angeleans. We were really excited about it because you know, we had it here in eighty four.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but it's like we're.
Speaker 1: Bringing it back, and it was gonna be a really big, obviously huge thing. I don't know if we could still pull it off. I really don't. I mean, look, other places that have had terrible catastrophes have pulled it off. I mean, my god, Vladimir Putin built soach the Olympic for the Winter Olympics, like from scratch pretty much. You saw how horrible it was in Rio where they had to clean out crap literally from their you know, their water. If others can do it, and if China had to like change the freaking weather to do it, you'll recall remember the Beijing Olympics. Yes, I kind of feel like LA should be able to do it, But you know, I don't know, and I don't know if people will feel comfortable coming here after all of this. I think we probably will.
Speaker 3: There is there is that element, but you know, and it's isn't it funny? Giving the ironic and maybe you can call it that Rebecca forty Park company, But all you mentioned it takes ten years, and I've read that multiple times from multiple sources, about ten years to build almost anything but consider a house. But it's twenty twenty eight, four years fast forward. They're gonna have to build an entire Olympic village and all the facilities for it. They don't care about the environment when it comes to getting projects like that up.
Speaker 2: I guess, oh you noticed, Yeah I did.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing I will tell you this is that when you got super rich people in palisades who want their house built, I'm kind of thinking that maybe would you know when these people say we want my house built, when you know the Barber Streisands of the world, suddenly they'll be built. Yes, I'm just kind of that's one thing that I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: You're not going out on much of a limb on that.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: Editor at large Breitbart dot Com find a Rebecca mon Store. It has been a real pleasure. Prayers to all of you. I know it's a difficult situation, obviously extraordinarily frustrating, but we do care. No one wants to go through this, and we don't want to see our fellow Americans have to go through this, So you know, godspeed. I hope they address the challenges you're currently facing today. Get the fires put out and start the rebuild process and people get their lives back together. I look forward to having you back on the show again real soon, Rebecca. Best of luck to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much My Plan.
Speaker 3: Eight twenty fifty five care see the talk station, don't go away. Daniel Davis Deep Dive coming up soon.
Speaker 2: M fifty five k RC The Pro