Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing Emo has coming living man's property of all time. Yes, my bow suck on you bow down to your last.
Speaker 2: Then you did it.
Speaker 3: Then you did it.
Speaker 2: There you did.
Speaker 4: Allowed to play, shallowed to.
Speaker 5: Play, Come out to play, Come to play.
Speaker 1: The story, the person, the horse, The sun is rising.
Speaker 4: Don wake up, wake up now, don't worry.
Speaker 1: We're all here to show you how. Jenni Witz hoss La Station k m b G home go listen.
Speaker 2: It's a sad muskey.
Speaker 3: Don't turn down town.
Speaker 5: Just wait and say.
Speaker 6: Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Are you ready to jo and time to start to show? Classic for Ting About West, John Whispy Man Mart Show, Welcome to the Organ Week.
Speaker 2: It's on such a war you kick.
Speaker 4: Back, makes up and up it and make it hardcore and hay.
Speaker 1: Your with me and then mess pick up your soul.
Speaker 4: There line you're on the air.
Speaker 7: Got good morning, It's the Big Man Morning Show BMMS and whatever you'd like to say to eight two, nine four five listen online the website that rockskmod dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under BMMS.
Speaker 1: Listen with your cell phone.
Speaker 7: Get the iHeartRadio app, available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com and we are on Facebook, Facebook dot com, slash BMMS six y nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Lindsay, good morning, Good morning, Gimpie, Well, good morning. We've got tike. It's to give away.
Speaker 7: The Smashing Pumpkins are gonna be at the Paycom Center on Saturday, October twenty fourth. You meet your tickets Paycomcenter dot com.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do best and Worst of the weekend.
Speaker 7: What's the best thing that happened this weekend and the worst thing that happened this weekend. Feel free to get yours to us ahead of time, bmomss and whatever that is to eight, two, nine, four or five.
Speaker 1: We've got Our listeners are awesome. That's where they share a part of their life and we want to do that. That's fine, So it's text. Let us know.
Speaker 7: We'd love to talk to you. Find out what your great story is about your life. Our listeners are awesome. Coming up in a little bit and Jeff Finsley's gonna join us. Going through a family law situation, divorce, maybe a custody Maybe you want to take over your aging parents' rights.
Speaker 6: You get no rats, you get too o for rats.
Speaker 7: He'l'll explain how that works. Feel free to get your question to us ahead of time. The email address is show at kmod dot com or texted bmmss and whatever that is to eight to nine four five. I was reading a story about Rod Stewart because apparently Rod Stewart got stuck in an elevator.
Speaker 6: That sucks.
Speaker 7: Now, luckily he was with his son and his son's girlfriend. His son, who's twenty by the way, he's eighty one. He had a kid at sixty one.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's just wild.
Speaker 7: Shown even I didn't even hit the right button. I just went to a place of having a kid at sixty one.
Speaker 6: Sorry, you're not taking care of it at sixty one.
Speaker 2: There was a rolling stone that did it too.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm a lot of Yeah, celebrities have done Yeah. Who was at the al Pacino? Yeah, yeah, a lot of people do. But the idea of doing that right now, I can't even envision myself at sixty one. Right, kids graduate from college. I'm going to be sixty sixty one and I can't get my head there.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: From high school, I can't get my head there, right, But to have a kid at sixty one.
Speaker 6: Right, all over two o'clock feedings, diaper changes.
Speaker 1: Yet to go on tour?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: No, I gotta go to.
Speaker 1: Mat Yeah, I gotta go on.
Speaker 7: But he was stuck in a Prada elevator apparently it was at a Prada store, and even Prada elevators apparently break down. And I was thinking of all the celebrities who I would want to get stuck in an elevator with.
Speaker 2: I don't know if.
Speaker 7: Frod's Stewart would be that bad. He doesn't come across as very annoying. Here's an example. I think Billy Joel's pretty annoying.
Speaker 2: Okay, any I'd love to get stuck in an elevator with Billy Joel.
Speaker 7: You've never seen a real interview with him, then, because he's cuckoo, like, go down that rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to. He's stuck in an elevator with someone who's.
Speaker 7: You know, as a conspiracy like a really crazy conspiracy theorist. Yeah no thanks, I'm already stressed out that we're stuck in an elevator. I don't need you to try and explain to me that this is all part of the plan. So the question is what celebrity would you like to get stuck in an elevator? And, as we just demonstrated with Billy Joel, Lindsay likes Billy Joel, you can't just jump to that. You got to think about what they're like in real life.
Speaker 2: I think Kevin Hart would be fun to get stuck in an elevator with because he's down to earth. He's funny. You could ask him questions about did he p did he I feel like he wouldn't mind going there, like he wouldn't mind you know.
Speaker 1: That about sex and trafficking.
Speaker 7: Let's talk about your involvement in that.
Speaker 1: He might not give me what he got.
Speaker 6: Eddie Murphy comes to mine. He's a funny kind of guy.
Speaker 2: I feel like he would like Yeah, I don't feel like he would be talkative. I think he would be like, leave me alone, man, just let me alone. I don't. I just want to get off this elevator and not be messed with.
Speaker 6: Dave Chapelle is another one that comes to mind.
Speaker 2: He would be good.
Speaker 6: I think I like I like old Dave Chappelle, not the new Dave Chappelle. The new revins to Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if I I like Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 7: I just don't know if I want to be stuck in an elevator for hours where he goes off.
Speaker 1: On his tangents.
Speaker 6: Oh done? Why Why didn't I think of this in the beginning? Snoop Snoop a loop right, because he's carrying always always, and we just sit in there and get ripped waiting for them to open up his elevator.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 6: Like they open it up and it's like.
Speaker 2: And if he's not, hopefully GIMPI is, so they can just enjoy the time.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I ah, man, I would not want to embarrass myself with the quality of weed.
Speaker 1: You know hoops with Kobe it exactly right.
Speaker 6: So so yeah, the weed that the get is good, but it ain't Snoop a Loop good.
Speaker 1: Come on now, right.
Speaker 6: They'd be like, what is what is this trash? Like, well, sorry, broh, it's all of God.
Speaker 7: He's not going to the local dispensary, you know, the goat pee dispensary, right, He's got his own probably grow facility, right that is highly curated, always has that person with him who is paid to roll the blunts for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's his job.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so of course, yeah snoop, forget all those other ones.
Speaker 7: I said, that's a solid day, that's a solid good I think I'm picking Dolly Parton. Okay, she just hasn't had very many you know. Her conversations always feel like scripted in character. Yeah, and maybe you get to see the guard come down a lot.
Speaker 6: Right, or she's just gotten really good over the years of keeping that appearance up. Yeah, no matter what the situation is. That's the fun thing about when we do the select questions and stuff like that. Like for me, I think it's all an act.
Speaker 1: Oh well, who you see.
Speaker 6: In the news and on television and in their music and stuff. That's I don't think that's who they really are. I agree, And maybe that's that's the benefit of being stuck in an elevator with him. Like you said, with Dolly, you actually get to see the real person.
Speaker 7: I think you see tidbit like pieces of what they are, but they do it in character form. Meel Manson's a great example of that, right. You see him in his character form and you think he's all about throwing salami on girls asses, which he's done and admitted. But he's a very intelligent human being.
Speaker 1: Yeah right. Another one would be Kine from wrestling WWE.
Speaker 7: Right, Okay, you see him as the wrestler and you, but he's a sophisticated financial expert.
Speaker 6: Right. Rob Zombie is another great example of something like that.
Speaker 1: Would be so you see who they.
Speaker 7: Are, but they're also a character, and it's easy to see the separation. Someone like Dolly, you get an I think you get an idea of who she is as a person, but she does it in character, right, And so being in an elevator that long, you would hope that would break down.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe it just gets too hot. She's got to release two pops.
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 6: I don't care. We've been staring at take off the.
Speaker 1: Suits for her. You got a cups what they're all just built into her shirt. She's got that missdown fire suit on. Jim it, Dolly, you fooled this all.
Speaker 6: Good for years.
Speaker 1: Good for you. She's like down. In the beginning, it was kind of tough, but now the suits get really sophisticated. Right, do you know very many women? She's eighty three, is that right?
Speaker 7: I believe so yes, let's find Do you know very many women that can walk in heels like she can at eighty she's eighty at eighty.
Speaker 1: Much less thirty eight?
Speaker 2: No, Jane Fonda, Maybe.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't think I've seen Jane Fonda and heels in a while. Yeah, but she does it effortlessly. Share SHARE's pretty tall, right, Yeah, I don't know if she needs the heels anymore. Right, it's always like like you think they wear these boots, like boots, and then you see videos of Vince Neil on stage and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, le's wear a new balance, Right, he didn't mow the lawn before us?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: How old is Madonna?
Speaker 6: Oh, she's got to be in their seventies.
Speaker 7: And to me, I feel like, you don't see Madonna. I got I don't know if I see her feet that often, But Dolly, you'll always see she's wearing the thick pantyhose huh and heels.
Speaker 6: Madonna's sixty seven years old, and there's pictures of her feet on the Internet, a little website called Wiki Feet.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, yep, it's sixty seven at her and no, it's just different pictures throughout the years of Madonna and her feet. It's weird.
Speaker 6: It is a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but she she does it effortlessly. All right, who's the worst? Who would be the worst person to be stuck in an elevator with? I got a great answer, Candace Owens. Why Hi, she's just annoying at her.
Speaker 2: Every video right now is all about Erica Kirk, and it's just.
Speaker 6: Well, that's because her friend was murders and also that's what she does.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 7: Scorpions do scorpion things. Yeah, and wasn't Erica Kirk pregnant? I don't know anyway, I don't want to do that. Who would you pick, Gimpie.
Speaker 6: That's a tough one, right, because we were talking about Jane Fonda. You can say Jane fond of Bette Midler and a whole bunch of those other ones Rosie O'Donnell with their over political views and just get out of here. I'm tired of hearing about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to get yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So outside of that, hmmm, I don't know. Part of me, says Miley's Irish. I feel like it might smell fun. Oh no, Britney spears Brittany, I do not want to be stuck in an elevator with that bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, that's not a bad take either.
Speaker 2: Just start dancing.
Speaker 6: Oh god, And there's always turns in her video, so eventually one's gonna come out. There's gonna be one of the elevator Brittany, Come on, Harvey Weinstein.
Speaker 1: Me either, that's what you didn't pick. You picked a Candice.
Speaker 7: I'm picking Harvey Weinstein because I just don't want to be associated.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to be like, well, you spend a day in an e.
Speaker 6: There's only one way to pass the time in this elevator.
Speaker 1: Settle down. I'm gonna kick your walker out from underneath her.
Speaker 6: Ron Jeremy is another one, just yeah, standing.
Speaker 7: I don't okay, I don't think though they've done similar things, I don't think Ron Jermy is on the same level as Harvey Weinstein.
Speaker 6: Not when it comes to that. But I'm just talking about sheer appearances. He's so goddang greasy, and I'm just like, you look like you smell funny. Yeah, I don't want to be stuck in an elevator because there's no air blowing, there's no circulation, so you be the.
Speaker 7: Heart can stink too, though that is true. You don't know what people smell like. Just because they're bad people doesn't mean they automatically stink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could have just left the gym. We don't know.
Speaker 6: You're stuck in an elevator with snoop. You know it's gonna smell like we Yeah, maybe it will eventually.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be stuck in at elevator with one of the Paul brothers, either Jake or Logan.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know enough about I'm gonna make that call.
Speaker 7: I'd take some I'd take some drippings, you know what I'm saying, Like, you want to involve me in a video?
Speaker 6: Okay? Right?
Speaker 1: Why why would you?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Curiously? For curiosity reason?
Speaker 7: What puts them on the same level as Candice Owens to not be stuck in an elevator with I.
Speaker 2: Just can't stand the side of them. They are just s talkers, They're just annoying, they're trolls.
Speaker 7: They're also brilliant marketers and business people, brilliant. I'm surprised you didn't say Jade Pikett.
Speaker 1: Smith, Oh was it?
Speaker 2: She hates I don't like her?
Speaker 1: Never have. It's not doesn't like her, she hates her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 1: Hates hates like murder.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't like to say hate because hates like murder, but hates.
Speaker 1: Like I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: I just don't like the word hate because it's like murder.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: It's such a strong word.
Speaker 1: Hate and murder are equal for you?
Speaker 2: Pretty much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh.
Speaker 2: I dislike her very much. I just think she's a waste of space.
Speaker 1: And that's not worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she ruined her. I think she ruined our boy. Will she ruined him?
Speaker 6: That's possible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think any of these people would not be awesome. Britney Spears is good just because I don't, you know, need to see a video. I don't want to be the background of a video.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine us standing there like all awkward? Yeah, just dancing around you. They should have used that in the New Scary Movie movie for that, Yes, spoof her dancing.
Speaker 7: They just go with the same old Trumps though, so yeah, they wouldn't need to. I would like to be stuck with Donald Trump because we would only be stuck for about five minutes.
Speaker 6: Maybe we're in his elevator. It's the greatest elevator until it broke down. Now it's not the greatest elevator.
Speaker 1: If I would have had the elevator but been fixed already, yeah right, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: You're probably right though. Any president can get unstuck pretty fast. True, right, but Rod Stewart wouldn't be that bad and be stuck with your kids wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be bad either.
Speaker 6: Really, get to know each other at that time.
Speaker 1: I would hope you already know each other pretty well.
Speaker 7: Really, they are your kids, so I would hope they would know you would don't pretty well. All right, we got to take a break. We're gonna do best and worst of the weekend. What's the best part of the weekend. What's the worst part of the weekend.
Speaker 1: We'll be back.
Speaker 6: It's time for newsquakies. World news, local news, and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corbyn, Gimpi and Lindsay with what's going on news quakies from the Big nd Morning showing ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Five woman arrested for drunk driving a lawnmower inconvenience store parking lot. This happens in Tiffin, Iowa, where thirty six year old Michelle Hudson showed up at a Casey store on a riding lawnmower, and witnesses called police after she appeared intoxicated. She was stabbed about a mile from her home. Officers noted slurred speech, poor balance, and bloodshot eyes. During a field sobriety test, her breath test registered under the legal limit, but police believe she was impaired by drugs. Hudson refused to provide a urine sample. She was charged with operating under the influence driving while barred, both aggravated misdemeanors. Her prior record included theft, assault, meth possession, and other offenses.
Speaker 1: Matthew, don't say here, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had a prior drunk driving conviction from twenty twenty two as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, if it's good enough for George Jones, it's good enough for this lady.
Speaker 1: Get that on a shirt, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, that arrested for appointing gun on KFC employee over slow service. So this actually happens in Kentucky, all right, where this thirty three year old gal Naita Roman goes into her local KFC. It actually happened back in May, but the story's just coming out. She's in the drive through. As fried chicken does it takes some time to cook, so they're like, well, you're gonna have to wait a little while. She didn't like it, so after exchanging words with the employees there, she pulls up a little bit, gets out of her car, goes back to the back of her car, opens up the trunk, pulls out an ar oh my, points it at the employee before taking off.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 6: Of course police get called. They use the video surveillance footage from the store, along with body cam footage from earlier traffic stops, to identify the woman. They also used a photo lineup with the employee and they're like, yep, that's her, that's the one. So they went ahead arrested her, got her for first degree want in danger names.
Speaker 1: Listen, you shouldn't point guns at people. It's one thing to point a handgun, right, it's a whole other two holster, I'm sorry, right, A long rifle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that kind of gets the message across. And again, I don't know if it does. It's just like, hey, you scare people. That's true, That's what I'm saying. I don't know if it's the message across them. I'm trying to scare them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Trooper id's high speed chase suspect through social media and he's facing charges after the Tennessee State Highway Patrol used social media to identify him as a suspect in a high speed chase. The trooper reportedly tried to stop Devin I'm gonna post this and get clicks Jackson Sunday, but says he refused to pull over in his red Corvette he was driving douchebag. Instead, he allegedly fled, reaching speeds of one hundred miles an hour. The next day, the trooper went online to search for post about police pursuits in the county and found pictures of him and his car tagged on Instagram. He now faces charges including evading arrest in a vehicle, reckless driving, and reckless endangerment.
Speaker 1: Good yeah, right, you got what you deserve for.
Speaker 7: Posting it, because it's the world called wide Web, or in this case, the County Wide Web.
Speaker 6: Social media actually doing good for a change.
Speaker 1: Right, red corvette? Huh yeah?
Speaker 6: I think he was listening to Prance.
Speaker 1: I think the top was down, oh of course, yeah? Or was it t top covet.
Speaker 6: I don't think they have t tops anymore, target top if anything. Yeah, not a little convertible. Yeah, solid piece goes in the drunk.
Speaker 1: I just don't think it sounds cool to go hold on buckle.
Speaker 6: I've seen an older guy and his lady in a Mustang convertible Saturday, and I thought to myself, it's been a long time since I've seen a convertible out on the road. Oh no, No, I just think you just don't as much anymore. You're right, And I was like, would I ever want a convertible? Maybe? I don't know. I don't know if I want a convertible or not.
Speaker 1: If you want jokes, but I always find it funny when you see guys in their guys girl.
Speaker 6: I don't think it works. It seems to make sense for girls to be driving.
Speaker 7: But a guy and then he's got the windows up right in the ConL I'm like, no, I get it.
Speaker 1: You don't want the wind.
Speaker 6: Right right, but I want the openness. It's called a sun roof, exactly. You still get that wide openness wind.
Speaker 1: What models coming convertible right now?
Speaker 6: Well, we know the Mustang because I just mentioned that one. Yeah, I think the Camearo does as well. I'm pretty sure. I don't know if they still calling me out as m X five or whatever.
Speaker 1: Met is still a car like that still comes out every year?
Speaker 2: Yeah it does, I believe so.
Speaker 6: I think they change it.
Speaker 7: BMW four series, N eight series, Chevrolet, Corvette Portion nine eleven and seven eighteen Boxter, Mercedes Benz SL Class Mini Coop Bentley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did you say?
Speaker 2: What Carr do you think Volkswagen has like a EOS or Iron or something.
Speaker 7: They do not offer any convertibles right now in the US. The last one was the t Rock Cabrolet.
Speaker 6: I gotta look to see what this Volkswagon it looks like at Cruiser pt Cruiser to be honest.
Speaker 7: The EOS they discontinued it after twenty fifteen, lindsay eleven years ago, over a decade ago.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: And then the Golf Rabbit they used to I remember the Rabbit? What we used to have one?
Speaker 1: Did the Saturn? Do one remember Saturn's Yeah?
Speaker 6: The car made of plastic?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't think they did.
Speaker 7: Uh, Jeep Wrangler, that's not a convertible.
Speaker 2: NA Chrysler. Chrysler had one. Was the uh oh Sea Bring.
Speaker 6: Or yeah, what was You're right with the sea bring oh way back?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they don't make those.
Speaker 1: No, I don't even think there's a Toyota or Chevrolet that does it.
Speaker 6: Uh, Camaras, I've seen, okay, I've seen convertible Camaras, funny looking.
Speaker 7: My mom had a convertible, had a Cutlass Supreme seventy eight colors, Supreme Fire orange.
Speaker 1: Now that's badass, right, that's a muscle car.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I took my driver's license in a convertible.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 6: It was ninety five ninety four Dodge Shadow convertible, Yes night, it was blue wed. We'd just moved here to Tulsa and my parents had gotten that car and they'd already had a Shadow and they liked it. So they got that one cheap. And uh yeah, I mean Mama rolled around with that damn hood or that top down constantly.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the year. My dad had a white Mustang with red leather interior. It was so cool.
Speaker 1: Was he single at that time?
Speaker 2: No? No, he he had a little pick him up truck.
Speaker 1: And pick him up truck, yeah, I mean a pickup truck, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, And he traded that in and got this I think it was like my mom called it his midlife crisis car. Yeah, and then we h we had to take it up up north in Michigan and he spun out and it was so scary, and that was the last time he drove that. He traded it in and got scared of cheavy blazer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is too much power for me.
Speaker 2: No, just not enough traction.
Speaker 6: We'll get new tires.
Speaker 1: Then being up north and in the winter, what are you gonna do? Put the chains on right right? All right, we got take a break. We'll be back. Morning show, Read turns.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Corvin. Be listening this morning at nine o'clock for your first chance at gas cash. When you hear that keyword, be sure to enter it online at kmody dot com or on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: Good Luck, Good morning, Gimpie All, Good morning, Corbin. So this Friday is my birthday and I want you to come celebrated with me. I want to be at Lady Goodivas from seven to nine, So come on out, have a couple drinks with me, and maybe get a lamp dance again. Lady Good Divas, this Friday, seven and nine, come party with me.
Speaker 7: Best and worst of the weekend. What's the best thing that happened this weekend? And the worst thing that happened this weekend? Bm my mass and whatever that is to eight two, nine, four five. I'll read those in a minute. Lindsay what was the best and what was the worst of the weekend?
Speaker 2: The best? I had a fantastic Saturday at the Creek. I posted a picture of it on Facebook and everyone was like, where is this? Where is this? Well, it doesn't really have a name that I am aware of. A girlfriend of mine, this is where we're going, but we have to go early. I said, all right, I'm down. It's before Smoky Valley, That's all I can tell you. And it is a long strip of beautiful rocky land that is a gem of a find if you get there early.
Speaker 1: Because are there a lot of people that go there.
Speaker 2: Throughout the day. Yes, So we got there really early. We left the house around seven forty five in the morning and got there around nine, and we were the second people to pull up there. But by noon it was pretty packed, but we still had our own little area. No one really bothers you. I mean there was a big rope for kids to jump and play, and I mean It was really nice. The water was super clear and nice and cold and refreshing, some deep areas, just everything you would expect. It was the perfect day. And finally it wasn't so hot, but we knew if we went to the lake it would be just kind of swampy still the water, you know. We witnessed a baptism while we were there, which was cool. One of our friends, their vehicle was kind of stuck trying to get out in the rocks, and so that same group came and helped them push her vehicle out, which was awesome. I was afraid leaving because you're going up this giant incline to get back onto the highway. I thought, oh my god, is my palace. I'd gonna make it up this. Sure enough it did. I was nervous, but it made it up. The worst part of the weekend. Later on Saturday, my left hip. I don't know what I did, but it's killing and I had to have a little doctor visit yesterday.
Speaker 1: Like a chiropractor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for an adsement, and yeah, all around my left side is just inflamed. And now I got a steroid in me. He started a pack those and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is our chiropractor's office is always open on Sundays or is that my I have.
Speaker 2: One that comes to the house. Oh that's he's a mobile chiropractor. David Harker.
Speaker 1: He just does that name drop even Okay, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: All he does. No, no office building.
Speaker 7: Best and worst the weekend? What's the best part of the weekend. What's the worst part of the weekend? BM mess and whatever that is to eight two, nine, four five? Gimbe what was the best and what was the worst?
Speaker 6: I'm curious if Lindsay's at home chiropractor does the same thing like John Redcorn does on King of the Hill. You know when he goes over to Dale Gribble's house and services his old lady for her problems.
Speaker 1: Does he have to set up like a big table and do you have space for that? You just go to the reading room, like what do you do now?
Speaker 2: Usually in the in the living room sets up the table behind the couch, like where some people might have like a table sitting behind their couch, you know, like a sofa.
Speaker 1: Uh table, No, we don't.
Speaker 2: Have that, you've said. It's up his his big long table and plugs in the you know those all those guns that they wear guns, their guns. All those things are so awesome.
Speaker 6: Easy listening music.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: One time I had, uh, somebody coming to a massage at my house. Somebody recommended the guy who does massages on sark Shanda officer who got shot, and so I had contacted the guy was like, yeah, came over. He gave me a I didn't have anywhere to put the table like it was.
Speaker 1: It was like backed up against a wall trying to I was like, this is dumb. Why are you here? I got it. I'll just go to your office next time.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 6: Anyhow, so best and worse the weekend. Best part of the week on had been Saturday. Uh. I didn't go to the creek, but my lady and I picked a car and we went to the lake. Spent a couple of hours out there hanging out so I and you know, enjoying the sun. That was a good day. Uh. And then we came home and cleaned up and went had roadhouse, which, by the way, when I asked for a fourteen hours Rabbi, I want a ribbi, not a goddamn New York strip. Sorry. I just had to get that out of there, all right. You can clearly tell the difference. But did I send it back.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 6: I was hungry and tired and I just ate it out of it.
Speaker 1: One are at the same price point there.
Speaker 6: I think that I don't know, be honest with you, maybe close. Maybe it's just a few dollars off. You know, it's like two or three dollars. Okay, it's not a big deal. But if it was like ten or more like okay, I'm bitching a complaints checked. I ain't worried about it. But yeah. So that was the best of the weekend. Saturday, going to the lake. It's good, good, no kids, none of that stuff, just just going having fun. Worst part of the weekend it was yesterday. So my brother and myself and my buddy Josh, we go out to Chandler Park. We're gonna play some disc golf. It's been a while since we've all done that. So we go out there and we play, and I was kicking ass. I was kicking ass for most of the round. I'm making long, long birdies shots, you know, just sinking am in. I was three down, the other two were over par, and then we get down. I guess I was just I don't know, I got tired, my foot was hurting me get down to like the last three holes, and I asked the bed and ended up losing the match and my brother ended up coming back and winning, and I was like, all right, Dan, whatever story, I'm alive.
Speaker 1: Fast and worst of the weekend. What's the best part of the weekend. What's the worst part of the weekend? Bmm mass and.
Speaker 7: Whatever that is to eight, two, nine, four or five. Fast to the weekend? Was uh, one of my friend's house.
Speaker 1: I was a pool.
Speaker 7: We got it was awesome, so windy though it was so windy, but it's been an all day in the pool. Fun Hell, yo, had some beaver jes.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 6: Was this Saturday?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so that I made the posts. I'm like Lindsay's at the Greek and GIMP's at the.
Speaker 7: No I saw, yeah, No, I saw Dick tell us funny they weren't. We'll do one for you and we'll see how great it is. Yeah, it's it's funny when it's someone else that's getting insulted.
Speaker 9: I wash.
Speaker 2: They know us.
Speaker 1: Of course they do.
Speaker 7: And then the worst part of the weekend is Friday night, Pizza night.
Speaker 1: You're going to have some pizza. Had some cocktails. My mom calls, can't get the garage door closed? Oh no, like okay, so I'd go over there. The carriage isn't attaching to the track. I'm like, all right, I'll just close it and lock it and i'll deal with it tomorrow morning. Do some research.
Speaker 7: Garage door is over thirty years old, probably not going to find a part. I could probably have someone service it for that one part. I could just replace it, sure for the service call in the report. And so I just went button new one and installed it a new whole garage door. Yeah, grudge door opener, O garage door opener. Yeah yeah, okay yeah, And the opener took like no time at all. But I had to put a new carriage kit up to hold the garage door opener. Well that took, you know, seventy percent longer than it took to I started at eight thirty.
Speaker 1: I was done by nine thirty. But then I had to do this carriage kit. I didn't finished almost one. I gotta figure out the links and the thing. And you're gonna do geometry. I'm like, what am I doing?
Speaker 2: But you did it?
Speaker 1: I mean it's up there, that's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is the door opening and shutting properly.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 6: The belt's a little loose, but I'll figure it out as long as the door opens and shuts properly.
Speaker 2: Our kitchen sink had a it was a it's like a touch closet. Yeah, And the batteries. I felt like, for the past probably three months, we've had to change the batteries and then it's six takes six double A batteries. And for the past three months we've been changing the batteries in it, which it feels like every two.
Speaker 1: Weeks, Like it doesn't feel normal, No, an.
Speaker 2: S ton of batteries. I'm like, you know what I'm going to I called the company and they sent me some new parts and I thought, well, this isn't helping, and it's got a lifetime warranty on it, and I thought, you know what, I'm just going to remove the the part to where it's just going to be a manual fawcet. And I'm reading and I'm like, this looks really confusing, but I'm like, I'm going to give it my college try. And I got down and I removed the batteries on this thing. I removed this cord thing took these little clasps off, and I turned off the water, of course, and I'm unhooking these the whatever the line for the water. And I dismantled this faucet and I put it back together and I turned the water back on, and I'm like, I did it. I did it. I felt so good. I was like, I didn't need a plumber. I didn't need a tech on the phone with me. I didn't need my husband.
Speaker 3: So what you do?
Speaker 7: You just turned out you just disconnected the waterline and then reconnected it well.
Speaker 2: And I removed this product that makes it a touch. Okay, so it's no longer a touch, no longer fancy. It's a manual faucet now. But then I realized once I turned it to a manual faucet, the water pressure for the cold was way better. I was like, so, okay, now it's even improved. I was so proud of myself. I was like, okay, just I'm the handy one in the house now, okay. I always have that.
Speaker 7: I guess best and worst of the weekend. What's the best part of the weekend, what's the worst part of the weekend?
Speaker 6: Best?
Speaker 7: After years of trial and there, I finally made Chili Verde as good as El Roncho Grande. Worst, I didn't wear food handling gloves when I peeled my freshly roasted hatched green chilies, and my hands burned for hours.
Speaker 6: That sucks you least least you know that before you did anything else.
Speaker 1: You know right right.
Speaker 7: Best, got my nephew a job at Max Barbecue and took Worst. My dog killed a skunk. Now smells like skunk. It's not that bad. I like to smell what smells like weed, and.
Speaker 2: The tomato bath is supposed to help with a skunk.
Speaker 7: Smir Best part of the weekend was getting to recoup over most of it from a short three day, two night trip to Nashville that absolutely wore me out, but in a good way. Worst part was my last day off. I had to deal with my store receiving customer complaints. Kind of made me feel like I shouldn't have taken time off.
Speaker 6: That's what happens, man. Take a day up. Place just falls apart.
Speaker 1: Bess was. We had a gig just outside of Chicago this weekend. The old theater was uh may Zine, the Italian food at Chicago and the Chicago Dogs were unbelievably delicious and the gig went great. Worst the theater was three stories, so.
Speaker 7: As I'm coming back up the stairs to the stage with stuff in hand, I tripped or a theater ghost gave me a shove. It was one of those trip and falls where you levitate for a second before you hit the ground, but no chance of stopping the fall, and I hit so hard I'm pretty sure I shook the entire concrete building. Son of a I'll be limping for days.
Speaker 1: Best part of the week and was the wife had rare time off, so we got to spend time as a family.
Speaker 7: Took the little one to see Spider Man. Worst was I was lazy and failed to mow in great weather. Somebody told me the Spider Man is visually awesome, all right, like it's one of the best visual Spider Man's ever, But they missed the mark on telling the Spider Man story.
Speaker 6: I can't get into Spider Man. I watched that very first one back in the early two thousands, and I never watched another one after that.
Speaker 7: Dude, the Spider Verse ones are amazing. I'm not a big Spider Man guy either, but the Spider Verse ones, yeah, really good. Best of the weekend was on a cruise all week in Cozamel and the Ucatam, Mexico. Worst of the weekend is returning back to reality. Best part of the weekend got to celebrate my fifteen year old daughter's birthday and we adopted the cutest little bully. Worst part fifteen year old has injured her knee and hobbling around with an immobilizer brace.
Speaker 1: How did she heard it?
Speaker 6: For real?
Speaker 7: Because the mobilizer brace means like you may have done some real damage.
Speaker 6: Maybe sports, I mean fifteen year old, Okay, I can see that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like you or something like it. Mobilizer brace like is exactly like your leg locked. Yeah, you can't do anything. You don't kick the ball, so next time or walk whatever? Yeah right, Yeah that sounds like it sucks. I had a buddy who got knee surgery. My age got knee surgery, and I'm like, eh.
Speaker 1: I don't want knee surgery.
Speaker 6: Nope.
Speaker 1: Now they say knee surgery and hip surgery.
Speaker 7: When you have it, like, the recovery time is super fast, right, Like they get when you get a new surgery, you're walking the same.
Speaker 1: Day, right.
Speaker 6: They want you rehabit in as quick as pot.
Speaker 7: They want you back on and then hip like the next day, but they want you walking on it immediately. Yes, yeah, no, thanks, all right, we gotta take a break. We got tickets the Smashing Pumpkins we're gonna give away when we come back. Getch a question to us showykmoty dot com or text it bmms and whatever that is to eight two nine four five.
Speaker 1: See what Gimpi has in his four x four.
Speaker 6: Well corviness is here that Louisiana's ag says that the state will investigate Fauci. Louisiana Attorney General Liz Murrel says that her state will investigate doctor Anthony Fauci. Of course, this comes after he repeatedly invoked the Fifth Amendment during a sentence hearing last week. Old Murrell said in a post that Fauci claim to not recall many key details of his own actions, and now we are discovering contemporaneous records that he kept. Republicans say that Fauci was deliberately downplaying the theory that COVID originated from China's Wuhan labbed while reveling in his own celebrity.
Speaker 1: Weack likes first time someone's invoked the fifth.
Speaker 6: There right, yes's on TikTok. He remember that uh Chappelle episode where he's like, I played fid what two people fifth? And it was it was Fauci up there doing it. It was the areush what else we got here? Idaho police credit armed bystanders with saving lives at deadly in Now shooting. An armed Good samaritan and an off duty state trooper are being praised by Idaho police for quick actions during a deadly fast food restaurant shooting on Saturday. The bystander and the trooper both opened fire on the suspect at the In and Out Burger in Twin Falls, helping drive him away from the scene. That's where the shooter, Ididas Chad Chad Williams.
Speaker 1: Typical Chad Bead, put his mountain dew down and went to it.
Speaker 9: Uh huh.
Speaker 6: They say he used an AR fifteen style rifle to feel three and wound seven before apparently turning the gun on himself. Twin Falls police chief afew Hits said that the two armed men prevented further casualties by getting the shooters away from the restaurant and giving people time to escape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he ended up taking his own life. So we don't know the motive as of right. Now, here's a question why that place?
Speaker 6: Why the in and out?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was trying to think of the like what drove you there? I don't know what time of day.
Speaker 6: It was, with a afternoon like early to late afternoon, Like that's about three o'clock.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna be that busy, not at two or three o'clock, you know what I'm saying, Like, if you were trying, you assume people that do this, they're trying to inflict the most damage, right, right, And so to go to in and out Burger or any fast food place at two or three o'clock in the afternoon doesn't feel like it's that So it makes me think maybe there was something personal against the place or an individual who was there.
Speaker 6: Maybe. So maybe much like that story that I read this morning, she just got mad because it was taken too long to get her food and she just pointed the gun of people. Yeah, he got mad and started shooting at them. Yeah, terrible story. Hey what else we got here? Google shuts down AI tool for Google Earth. Google is scrapping a tool that lets people use AI to create fake images on Google Earth. The company pulled the plug after just one day because journalists and researchers showed that it was easy to manipulate satellite data to cover up things like war crimes. In one case, the BBC made an image that falsely showed the Eiffel Tower in pieces. Google's like, oh, yeah, we shouldn't do that, why would you? And then lastly here the grand reopening for Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame following a sixteen month renovation. After sixteen months of renovations, the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame is preparing to welcome visitors back with a grand reopening celebration on September twenty six. Located inside the historic Frisco Freight Depot in downtown Mascoe, the museum has undergone a transportation transformation designed to create more interactive experience while preserving the building's historic character. The free grand reopening will feature live bands performing every hour, food trucks, vendor booze, and guided tours of the renovated museum.
Speaker 1: It's nice, yeah, and the last time you went to a museum here.
Speaker 6: That wasn't like gil grease or something like.
Speaker 1: That, And I can be that. Then the last time you, as a citizen of this community, went to a museum.
Speaker 2: Would a church studio is be considered a museum?
Speaker 1: No, because you had to go for work.
Speaker 2: No, I went after that. I've been since, but.
Speaker 1: That wasn't count. Okay, I don't think it's.
Speaker 6: Really a museum. Yeah, it's it's a studio.
Speaker 1: It's not a museum. No historical place. Sure, so last time.
Speaker 6: I've never been to any of the museums around here at all. Whatsoever?
Speaker 7: Philbrook would be and we went in November and then turn On went in December for the Christmas stuff.
Speaker 1: But we're members.
Speaker 6: There, Okay, so you like, I gotta get my money's worth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we only went because they were doing something with the kids stuff. They were like, oh, that's fun. Okay, but I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I haven't been to Gill Christ Philbrook. I haven't been to any museum.
Speaker 1: I'm not a music The point I'm trying to make is we have some really great museums here. The Woody Guthry Museum is awesome.
Speaker 6: And the fact that the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame is just right down to Mascogi that's not that far.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think that's a pretty big deal. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't think a lot of people realize it's right down there. Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning Gorbyn.
Speaker 2: Did you get that key word to win one thousand dollars in gas cash? Think about what you could do with one thousand dollars the last minute vacation. Maybe you could plan before the kids head back to school. We give you thirteen chances throughout your day to win, and it started at eight o'clock this morning. If you missed it, that is oh kay. You still have twelve more chances to win again this morning at nine o'clock. That's your next chance. When you hear that keyword, enter it online at kmod a dot com. Good luck.
Speaker 3: Give me.
Speaker 7: Had to step away for some personal stuff, but he should be back. It's time for our listeners are awesome. This is where we talk with a listener and they share part of their life with us.
Speaker 1: And on the line is Nick, Hey, Nick, how are you?
Speaker 9: I'm good? Are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Nick Is says you're engaged. How long have you been engaged?
Speaker 9: Over around eleven years?
Speaker 1: You've been engaged.
Speaker 8: I've known her for around eleven years. Sorry, oh kay, I've been engaged since two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: You've been engaged since two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Five years is still a long time?
Speaker 1: Nick, two thousand and one, Oh.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and one, I was thinking twenty.
Speaker 1: One, twenty one.
Speaker 9: Sorry, okay, twenty one.
Speaker 7: We were gonna have to have a different conversation. That's a long time to be engaged.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Cool. When do you guys getting married?
Speaker 8: No date inside bud?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is it the hold up her you or what's the plan?
Speaker 8: A little both. I don't really want to go through the state. I don't think it's really a marriage between us and the state. It's not the way marriage is supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Okay. What do you think marriag should be?
Speaker 9: You the person and the lord?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 7: And so will there be a ceremony or anything? Or do you guys just consider yourself married now?
Speaker 8: I just kind of we've lived at marriage for married for almost eleven years now, so it's kind of like, what's the hurry?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did you meet her.
Speaker 9: Anything?
Speaker 8: I guess it was at a bar, even though I don't really go to bars. I was at there is it and her friend that worked there, and yeah, she approached me.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you remember what her opening line was?
Speaker 9: She didn't have one.
Speaker 8: She just stood by me smoking a cigarette and I said, you know those things will kill you.
Speaker 7: Right nice and then bliss after that.
Speaker 9: Huh oh a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah uh. And you guys have some kids together. What's the oldest?
Speaker 9: My oldest kid is twenty seven?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 9: This year?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 7: Do you remember when it turned into hey, this is like they're still my kid, but they're an adult and you have different conversations with them.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, what was it? What was the Do you remember how it went down?
Speaker 9: Not exactly. There's just been a lot happened since it's been.
Speaker 7: Okay, it says you broke your leg changing a tire. Tell me how that happened.
Speaker 8: Oh, well, I was changing some tires from one truck to another for a dealer guy that I was working for. He bought a truck himself and was just taking some rims off of a truck at the lot that wasn't running. And I got all the way through them, all got the last one was tightening the last lugnut, and it was on a bigger board truck, so it had like the extend lugnuts and the last one was broke, so as I was trying to tighten it, the four way slipped my leg and body turned, my foot stayed planted, and I basically collapsed. My ankle was twisted so much that my accusans tended was right around the hill. It broke my tiva amphibiula.
Speaker 7: Wow, And it says here you didn't exactly go get it looked at right away?
Speaker 9: Well, we were.
Speaker 8: We went straight to the urgent care site and they said it was basically a little too urgent for them, as offered to call an ambulance, and I was like nah. So we went to the emergency room and they reset it, gave me a drug cocktail, and basically sent me on my way with instructions to call a surgeon that wanted two fifty up front that I didn't have to.
Speaker 9: Start a surgery. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I went about a month without anything done to it. But I think the next day after it all happened, and went to work.
Speaker 1: And was that did you have to stand in that job?
Speaker 8: I was mechanic, and I mean, honestly, there wasn't much I could do. I just determination I was gonna do it, but my boss wouldn't let me I just you don't realize, like how much you use your leg even when you are laying down and stuff.
Speaker 7: Now, there's a weird note here that Gimpie gave me, and it said you slept on a toilet during this time?
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 9: I had a lot of nights.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because it was the only way I can get any kind of comfort laying in the bed any like. I guess the weight of my leg, putting pressure on my heel would cause me discomfort. So the only place I could get any kind of comfort was putting my foot flat footed on the floor and sitting on the toilet, and I'd fall asleep.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can't imagine that either. And so when you finally got it worked on, how long was the recovery?
Speaker 9: Oh? Three months?
Speaker 1: And was the pretty brutal?
Speaker 6: Was that?
Speaker 1: How many times have you had to go through recovery for an inch? Is that the first time and only time.
Speaker 9: I broke my wrist? Was really young?
Speaker 8: But it was I was so young, I don't remember, so yeah, I mean for anything that substantial, for sure. I mean it sucked not being able to put weight on my foot and having to climb upstairs to an apartment and.
Speaker 9: Trying to make ends meet.
Speaker 8: I mean, I ended up learning how to drive using my left foot for the gas pedal and break so I can go do deliveries or something.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just got to make money.
Speaker 1: That sounds like it was rough, Oh it was.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 8: I mean the day I got approval to put foot weight on my foot, I was doing a physical so I can go.
Speaker 9: Get a job.
Speaker 1: Right, just to get back to what you like doing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it says you're you're an Uber driver and that you picked up a guy at a cemetery at two forty five in the morning.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was back when I was doing it at night. I gotta ride for up in Uber up in Edmund, and when I pulled up it the address just happened to be a cemetery, and I pulled up there, thinking, oh, what's going on here? It was actually a really dark night and I didn't see anyone around. So with Uber, you gotta wait a certain time before you can cancel it if you want any kind of pay for driving up there. So I was sitting there and then all of a sudden, the guy popped up from behind a headstone and started walking towards the car, so I let him in and he actually turned out to be a pretty cool guy. I had a fun ride on the way to his destination. A little creepy starting up though.
Speaker 1: Did you ask him what he was doing there?
Speaker 8: No, not really my business. I'm not one to start conversations a lot. And he started the call conversation and it went a different direction.
Speaker 1: Now, is what's the longest you've ever gone for an uber like distance? You think?
Speaker 8: I had to pick up two ladies here in Oklahoma City at the airport, and I took them to Dallas, right by dallasport Worth Airport to an apartment complaint.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how much was that?
Speaker 9: Let's see?
Speaker 8: I think it was one hundred and thirty dollars is what I ended up getting, and then they gave me like a twenty dollars tip Ooh, but then I turned that into a night and half day in Dallas making money bill.
Speaker 1: So you just stayed down there and picked up ubers?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I started out delivering thinking it's kind of late, and then I started about five o'clock doing uber rides. A lot of them in Dallas were too airport.
Speaker 1: And do you still do that? You still do that? You do the ubern or are you done doing that?
Speaker 8: I'm doing it at the moment because I had left the job. I'm just trying to get make ends meet and I'm about to try to find another job. Not really sure which direction go, but I've been many directions over the years.
Speaker 9: So what do you have a quick on anything? Matten is above me?
Speaker 1: What do you like doing?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: What would be your dream job?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I can't really say I've ever really had a dream job. I think building motorcycles would be cool, but I also built boats for ten years and I enjoyed that quite a bit.
Speaker 7: It says here that you met Bob Stoops. Tell me about how you met him and that what was that like?
Speaker 8: Well, my daughter ended up having a Wilms tumor at four and a half years old, and when she went through the treatments and stuff and shell there was a place called Toby Keith Hits Growl in the Oklahoma City area, and they actually helped a lot, like giving us a room to stay stuff like that through the treatments and through them they set up like a charity auction where we ended up going and doing that. But the time that we actually met Bob Steps. They were doing that Toby Keith tribute at ou Stadium and my daughter and another kid named Jack's was invited to go out on the field with him and stand there during the tribute.
Speaker 2: That's so cool. Did she even realize who it was?
Speaker 9: It was?
Speaker 8: No, she didn't, but she had a lot of fun being out on the sure everybody's churn and so on.
Speaker 7: And it says that a band sang to her too or was that a different thing?
Speaker 8: Yeah, at that charity auction before that, we had seen Stoops there and there was actually quite a bit of alumni.
Speaker 9: But they had a the Eli Young.
Speaker 8: Band there and it was a charity auction for the Kid to Kid's Growl. But they h at the end, like when everything was winded down and they were singing. Uh, she was hoot up to the stage and he sat down on the stage with her and sang crazy Girl to her.
Speaker 1: What was that like when you saw this happened to her?
Speaker 6: What was it like.
Speaker 9: As far as the singing or the cancer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, no, the singing, Like what was going through your mind when you know they were singing to her?
Speaker 9: I thought it was a pretty awesome experience. It was.
Speaker 8: It was pretty cool. I mean, but not only was that going on. As I was watching that, Toby Keith sold his daughter was talking with my son and interacting with him, and.
Speaker 9: I thought that was pretty awesome too. He's got a pretty awesome family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. That's cool. And how is your daughter now?
Speaker 9: She is seven?
Speaker 1: And how's the cancer free.
Speaker 8: Or she's gone? She went through cancer twice because she went through it, went into remission and then they found some nodules on her lungs and put her back through it in a bow marrow transplant and stuff. And for the last I guess this August seventeenth will be a year and a half.
Speaker 2: Of being cancer free. Oh wonderful.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is good news. Well, dude, it's it's been great talking to you man. Good luck with everything, and give our best to your family. Man, it sounds like you've got a great family and good luck with everything.
Speaker 9: Thank you you guys too.
Speaker 1: All right, buddy, I appreciate it. That's nick. Our listeners are awesome.
Speaker 7: We're going to take a break and we'll be back if you're listening to the big men.
Speaker 1: Rules came out of hygiene rules. You didn't learn until you were much later in life, okay, And I didn't learn you were supposed to trim your pubes until like I was twenty four. Oh, okay, twenty five.
Speaker 2: A girls like, a you's supposed to look like that?
Speaker 1: Can you the vacant house looks a little uh preoccupied?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: Actually I'm kind of in the same boat. I was a little younger, but I was with a girlfriend of mine who we were getting ready to go swimming, and she.
Speaker 1: Was like, whoa spider anger spider Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like it isn't like I think the seventies girl, you gotta trim that up? Why are you looking at me? And it's like probably sixteen or seventeen years.
Speaker 1: Old, dramatically younger.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's not a conversation I remember, no one's ever had with me except this girl I dated.
Speaker 1: So I learned that one pretty late. This person said they didn't learn you were not supposed to rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth until they were twenty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it was a couple of months ago when we talked about that on the air, about you're.
Speaker 1: Supposed to leave the toothpaste in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I brushed my teeth and then I turned the water onto the shower, so the toothpace does sit in in my mouth until I hit up the shower and you're rints in the shower. I do.
Speaker 1: Some person said they never washed their belly button was soap until they were an adult, because you thought the water running over it would take.
Speaker 9: Care of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't remember being told to wash my belly button.
Speaker 2: I have only because I haven't any belly button. Sure, so that was one of the things, like, ah, I don't know since I was my parents bathed me. They're like, yeah, you take the washcloth and stick it inside your belly button.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: It used to be earlier, but now I have like a A I forget what it's called.
Speaker 1: I think it's called a numbilical hernia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, sticks out a little bit.
Speaker 7: And that's your I guess it's I don't know if it's my town. I don't know what it is, but it's something protruding out of my belly button.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's just like we can do surgery, but why, Yeah, it's fine, it's just there. It's just there.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: Another person said that they used Q tips to clean your ears. Every day, and you're not supposed to do that.
Speaker 2: Right, I still do because I do too.
Speaker 1: After a shower getting all that water, I'm like, oh my gosh, the other day I did it in a giant piece of some reason. After I wear earbuds, I get a ton of wax that comes out for me.
Speaker 2: It's when I swim. If I'm swimming for a while, then I'll get some old wax that's been hardened back there and I haven't gotten it. Yeah, and it's so satisfying to pull that out.
Speaker 1: How often do you change your toothbrush?
Speaker 2: If I get sick, if I have like an upper respiratory infection, I will change it after I'm recovered from that, yeah, But otherwise I will change it when the bristles.
Speaker 1: Are smoohing out. Yeah, this Is're supposed to change it every three months apparently.
Speaker 2: Eh, that could be. I mean, if that's how long it takes for him to get smooshed out, then yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't know how long to change it.
Speaker 7: But when they started putting the bristle color and when it fades away, you change it. That's when I was like, oh, okay, so if you have the little blue streak on yours. Yeah, it will fade, and as it fades away, when more white starts showing, you're.
Speaker 1: Supposed to ditch it. I was like that perfect for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's just a way to sell more toothbrush heads.
Speaker 1: Are you a loof of person?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not really apparently supposed to change your loofah a lot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they do hold bacteria.
Speaker 1: Like a sponge.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: You shouldn't put anti purspirate deodorant on wet armpits.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know. I don't use antip person because I don't want to block my sweat pores. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's crazy. How you don't smell from not using it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because it's blocking. It's aluminum blocking your pores. I'm not a fan of that.
Speaker 2: I still sweat my armpits will still sweat. It just doesn't smell bad.
Speaker 7: When you buy new clothes, do you wash them?
Speaker 2: If I get them online? Yeah, But if I buy them from a actual store in the mall, then no.
Speaker 7: What's the difference, because to me, you don't know where it's been from the online.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's why usually like it. I see it package and it'll have a weird smell sometimes I don't know, but then I watch shit. But then like in the store, it'll smell like it smells nice when it's in the store.
Speaker 7: This is you're h This person didn't realize you're supposed to wash new clothes before wearing them. And they somebody commented that they worked at Target for a long time and they'd watched a lot of dirty people try clothes on and not buy them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gross.
Speaker 1: Or they end up on the floor, and what do they do? They just get picked up and put back on the rack.
Speaker 2: I think though, that sometimes you can see, you can tell when when a piece of clothing has been tried on and put back on a hand, Oh, there makeup on it. For a girls, there's makeup on it sometimes, or that's the obvious. Yeah, there's deodorant marks.
Speaker 7: But that's to me, that's not always evidence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're taking a chance.
Speaker 1: Dirt doesn't always leave a in my mind, it doesn't. Uh. Somebody said they didn't know they were supposed to wash their feet. Huh, like the bottom of their feet.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: I used to brush my teeth immediately if I puked. You're not supposed to do that. It's bad for your Nemel sprints with water, wiping down your phone and its case frequently. Apparently they're as dirty as some toilets. Yep, that's why I own a phone scrubber. That is the product name. I think I'm crazy for doing that. I don't care.
Speaker 2: No, you're not. And there's cars now that come with phone scrubbers.
Speaker 1: I've seen those. I want tablet ones for my kids. Tablets.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do the remotes in my phone, I do my watch, I do my or ring, I do all that stuff in the phone scrubber.
Speaker 2: I just use good old Lesol wipes.
Speaker 1: Uh. This person says they didn't wash behind their ears for the longest time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gross.
Speaker 1: That is gross.
Speaker 7: They said they use Toner for those of them. Know you can buy I forget the name of the brand.
Speaker 1: But if you use.
Speaker 7: Toner and then like wipe the back of your neck, it's so dirty thing except that will drive your skin really bad.
Speaker 2: One. But I mean I like it because if you ever, like if you break out or if you have oily skin, using that rubbing alcohol, I mean it can it just feels refreshing and you see the back of that cut and swab and it's like.
Speaker 1: Oh, so for you, it's the reward of seeing the dirt on those Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it gives me a little bit of a complex because I don't think I'm that dirty, and then you do it and you're like, you are a filthy animal.
Speaker 2: It's gross.
Speaker 1: It is you, you pig doesn't help the mirrors in front.
Speaker 2: Of Also, so if you if you take a shower at night and then you wake up in the next morning and you do that, it's unbelievable. You think you're clean and you haven't done anything but slept, but you wouldn't. You don't realize how much you sweat in your sleep and you lose that skin in your sleep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's gross. I think it's gonna be a wild take. I think you're not ever clean. You shower, you're only clean when the water. Even if you're touching the ground, you're now dirty. And if you touch the handle, you touch the handle dirty a minute ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Some people will go to the bathroom and not wash their hands and just go get right in the shower, and then they get out of the shower and they've touched the handle that was just moments ago touched by your toilet hand, right.
Speaker 2: Like experts say that your towel, once you use your towel, it is it is dirty and lives that it gets completely dry one hundred percent. And they're saying you leave it out so direct sunlight is hitting it, right, it is completely dirty. That's why I will use a towel one time for my body, and then the next time it's just using it for my hair, and then it gets put in the hamper.
Speaker 7: Uh the somebody texting, you're supposed to leave the damn toothpaste in your mouth?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's not meant to be spit out. You're not supposed to rinse it out. I mean, don't hold or a manchr routh right, you can spit it out the extra, but yeah, it's supposed to hang out on your teeth and do its work.
Speaker 9: Weird.
Speaker 7: You know what I learned about washing dishes. I always like, rinse all the soap off.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, you do, otherwise your food is gonna taste like soap.
Speaker 1: No it rints, it comes off.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 7: I think it's crazy too, but it's just like people that don't wash cast iron pans, it's okay to wash it it's fine. Yeah, but the you just wash whatever pan or plate and you don't have to get all the soap residue off and you just said it and then it'll come all the way off.
Speaker 2: I don't trust that. I don't trust that at all.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of people do it.
Speaker 7: So either they're tasting food that's soapy and they think that's the way food tastes, or it really does go away.
Speaker 2: No, in fact. And also they say you don't have to rinse your dishes before putting into the dishwasher, but I do that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not supposed to do that.
Speaker 7: Modern dishwashers have technology to determine how dirty it is, and if you rinse it off, it will go through the cycle. It determines that, and maybe not do as aggressive of a wash as of an agitation because it thinks they're not dirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying.
Speaker 1: It's not just a line fucks filter, man, what's that.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to hope out my dishwasher filter. I don't want to see food in my dishwasher.
Speaker 1: Well, there's always gonna be food in dishwasher. Yeah, literally, why why you have it?
Speaker 2: I just don't like to see chunks on plates and stuff when it gets loaded.
Speaker 7: When you clean that filter, you realize how gross a dishwasher is. Yes, yeah, are you supposed to rinse soap off dishes?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If we want to hear this, you should rinse soap off dishes, remove residue from a soapy taste on food and drinks. See there you go straight from Google. We're gonna take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Corbin. Happy forty sixth birthday to miss Carmen Hayes. This porn star be retired, but you can still find her in Anaconda's insanity. Baby's got junk in the trunk and wax that juice of booty. She was nicknamed the Black Dolly parton.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, join us in the studio now. Is Jeff Heinsley of Hensley Associates. Hello, Jeff, how.
Speaker 3: Are you Dan? Well, good morning.
Speaker 7: Jeff's here to answer any question you have about childcare. I'm sorry, child custody, guardianships, maybe a divorce you're going through. And you can get your question to us a couple of ways. You can text BMMS and whatever that question is to eight two nine four five. You can email show at kmod dot com or call eight three three four six Oh KMOD. We got a text one that said, I've heard the possibility of having a burial plot on my property. Is this a possibility? And can you point me in the right direction as to who to talk to?
Speaker 10: You know, that's a good question I've heard. You know there are such things as family plots on pieces of lands and things like that. So but I think it'll you know, boils down to your owning laws and things like that. So if you will give Leah a call at my office up in Pahsca, they can answer that question and get you the information you need.
Speaker 3: That's I haven't had that one before. That's a new one, so.
Speaker 1: Right, well, that just shows the scope of things that you can ask. Jeff.
Speaker 7: He's here on the air today to talk about family law, so custodies and guardianships and things like this. This text one came in said, my ex and I have worked out a custody schedule between ourselves, but I want to make it legally binding so neither of us can change it on a whim. We have two boys, six and nine. Is this something I need a lawyer for? Can we just file paperwork.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you need a lawyer for it, so it's done right for starters and you know, everything's great now. And you know Corbyn said this forever is it's great until it's not.
Speaker 3: And so you know, I commend you for reaching an agreement.
Speaker 10: But you know, people get a little frisky and funky whenever you start filing paperwork to say, well, I want to make it legal.
Speaker 3: Well don't you trust me, don't you trust me? Don't you think I'm going to do the right thing.
Speaker 10: Well, you know that sounds great now, but sometimes people get pissed off when you start filing things. So, yes, you're going to need an attorney to make sure it's done right, the paperwork's correct. We know the ins and outs, we know the judges, we know the laws, so we want to make sure that you're taking care of especially.
Speaker 3: At the other side's decides. It gets a little decide to get a little crazy.
Speaker 7: Can we I'm going to push a little bit on that. Yeah, so let's let's clarify some things. It's great you work it out, but it's not a document with any powerwithstanding until a judge signs off on it.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, So until there's a judge. Signature in the document doesn't mean anything. So, you know, let's say you've got an agreement and she decides to say, well, you know, screw you, I'm going to keep the kids this weekend. Well, we have an agreement, we signed it, we have a notary, and I remember it. Notaries notaries are nothing more than people saying, yes, the person in front of me is who they say they are. It doesn't make the document binding. That's what's probably one of the biggest urban legends out there is that a notary makes something legal.
Speaker 3: That's not how it works.
Speaker 10: All it is is somebody saying, yes, this is the person, this is their signature, and I'm stamping this because I'm allowed to do that and I have a.
Speaker 3: License to do that. To say that this is who they say they are, that's all they do. Okay.
Speaker 10: So with that being said, it doesn't make the document binding or legal at that point. So, yeah, if either one who decides to break it, there's nothing the other side can do. You can't get rid of assistance to have the cops go get the kids and bring them to you. You can't file anything at the core to say well she or he denied me visitation. So yeah, you want an actual document signed by a judge.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, doesn't a will. Isn't a will something that needs to be notarized in order to do it?
Speaker 9: Does?
Speaker 10: But more importantly, the big thing about wills is is in addition to the notor, you also have to have the two witnesses. So you've got a notary and two witnesses on top of that. And the will's a will is different than a custody arrangement because well, there's lots of different reasons and we'll want to but I mean, it's very different than a custody But yeah, I mean I see your point. But at the same time, too, you also have two separate witnesses that come in and also witness that will as well.
Speaker 7: Jeff from Hensley Associates is in the studio to answer questions about family law.
Speaker 1: See if we can do the phone thing here. Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name?
Speaker 7: Hello, good morning, you're that happens And so we've got an email one that came in. It says, if one of my kids ages out of child support and my alimony payments cut off, do I have to pay a lawyer? The full retainer or can I pay an hourly for a new child support computation.
Speaker 3: Let's see if I can parse that.
Speaker 10: So if your child ages out, you need to model one if you want, right, So that means you have other kids. I mean, every firm is gonna have something different the way they handle that. But I mean the idea behind it is is that you file to modify all right, and then the other side gets pissed off.
Speaker 3: They just do even if the kid ages out. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 10: But whenever that happens, even when the kid ages out or you know, graduates high school and it's turned eighteen and inten clean under the law's age doubt and all these things, and you go to modify it because you want to make it right, they get upset. And so, yeah, you want a lawyer, and you're probably going to need a retainer and hourly fee all that stuff because at some point it's probably going to get into an argument and unfortunately it's going to have to go to a hearing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've seen these things happen.
Speaker 10: You would think it would be as simple as well, yeah, you're right, the kid is out, let's change it that's rare. A lot of times it's I can't believe you're doing this, You're full of crap, blah blah blah, your income has changed, mind has changed, and they start getting into these arguments. So yeah, I mean, you're going to probably need a full retainer because it's going to go to a hearing more than likely, not eighty percent of the time, it's going to go to a hearing.
Speaker 1: But I can understand where someone is one being to do it the most cost efficient way they think they can to which I would say, you would be better served having somebody you're comfortable with and trust rather than do it the most cost efficient way.
Speaker 10: Sometimes, right, absolutely, And it's one of those things too that again, just because we file a emotion to modify something doesn't mean that the other side is going to sign off on agreed order, at which point it is going to go to a hearing, at which point you're going to need an attorney to do that, at which point they're going to require a retainer. I mean, understand, retainers are money paid up front for work that we're going to do. We do that because that way we can actually start getting paid for what we're doing, Right, away. A lot of times if we try to do it the other way with oh well, I'll just pay if you just pay an hourly fee, a lot of times we get stiffed. Okay, I hate to say that, but the fact of the matter is if we don't get our money up front, we get stiffed.
Speaker 3: And people have.
Speaker 10: This idea that they can you know, stiff an attorney and not pay. And unfortunately that's why we do retainers because we don't want to get screwed. I hate to say it that way, but you know, I understand wanting to do things cost efficiently and I have no problem doing that, and we try to do that. Our best at our firm is to make sure we're we're consciences with people's money and what we're doing with it.
Speaker 3: But at the same time too, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Jeff Finsley from hensleyn is SOE. This is in the studio.
Speaker 7: If you have a question, you can email show at kmod dot com, text BMMS whatever your question is to eight two nine four five or call eight three three four to six. Oh KMOD. This text says my son is disabled and receives an SSD check. My boyfriend is wanting to leave my son money in his will but doesn't want it to affect his checks.
Speaker 1: Is this possible.
Speaker 10: I don't think it would affect his checks. It's one of those things that it depends on the amount. I mean, if we're talking millions and millions of dollars, that might affect it, because obviously that money would then go into a trust and be used to take care of the kid and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: So I think it would depend on the amount. So what you need to do.
Speaker 10: Give us a call in Tulsa. We'll hook you up with Leah up in Pascas. She'll give you a call about that, because that's a will and a trust issue, so to speak, and so she can get you the best answer.
Speaker 7: Jeff Fensley from Hensey and Associates is with us. This text says, my brother's going through some mental health issues. He broke into his ex wife's house caused a disturbance. I was unable to find him when I got a call saying he was suicide. We made police reports about his mental state. What can I do to get him help he needs? I think this is a tricky question because when you're talking about dealing with people with mental health. It's a there's still individuals. You don't have control over them and what they can do at that point, and trying to get them help is kind of hard to navigate.
Speaker 10: Well, it is, and you know, guardianships work in these situations where you can get them the help that they need.
Speaker 3: But again, it's hard.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not Is that enough to get an emergency guardianship?
Speaker 3: Read it again, let me hear it one more time.
Speaker 7: My brother's going through some mental health issues. He broke into his ex wife's house, caused a disturbance. I was unable to find him when I got a call saying he was suicidal. We made police reports about his mental state. What can I do to get him help he needs?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: So, I mean it's hard.
Speaker 10: Even a guardianship is hard because you've got to show that they're unable to make their.
Speaker 3: Own decisions, you know what I mean.
Speaker 10: It's one of those things you've got to and you have to have a doctor or sign off on it that says, yes, this person is incapacitated to the point that they're no longer able to make any decisions on their own, whether they be medical or financial or whatever it may be.
Speaker 3: So you can get them help. I mean it's a really hard place.
Speaker 10: I mean, doing everything you can to help your loved one, no matter what is the key. I mean talking to them, trying to get them to go to counseling, trying to get them to go to I mean, if it's caused by substance abuse, it doesn't sound like that may or may not be the case here, but I mean getting in the rehab or getting the help they need.
Speaker 3: I mean, we live in a society today that is.
Speaker 10: Far more in tune and astute to mental health than we've ever had in the history of humanity, in my opinion, And so what that means is is there are tons and tons and tons of resources out there that weren't available even ten years ago. And with that being the case, I think that there are all sorts of places that you can call and say, look, this is the situation, this is what's going on, this is what happened.
Speaker 3: What can we do?
Speaker 10: And there are all sorts of places out there they can say, well, you do this and this and this, and let's try this and let's do I mean, there's so many resources out there now that didn't exist in the past, and so I think first step is trying to find a place that you know, this city has some, the county has some. You can call any of the mental hospitals here in Tulsa and talk to them about options, what they can do, so you know, at the end of the day you can get the list of those resources. But also too, at the end of the day, if he doesn't want to go, you can't force somebody to go unless you have a guardianship. And to get a guardianship, you have to prove that they're mentally incapacitated and can't make their own.
Speaker 7: Decisions, and and somebody being violent or irrational hardly crosses that threshold.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, it would take a little bit more.
Speaker 10: It would take it would take more than that. Yeah, I mean, maybe he was pissed off at his ex wife.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean, what was the reason he broke into the house. I mean, there's there's a lot of holes we've got here, but yeah, I mean it's one of those things that it's a tough place to be.
Speaker 1: I mean, is suicidal enough, well.
Speaker 10: I mean, if there's suicidal, you can take them and drive them to the mental hospitals. You can drive him to Lareed or to Parkside. Well, okay, so park Site's not doing adults anymore. They're only doing children, which laureate and other places. You know, you can and see if they'll go, but again, you can't force them to go.
Speaker 1: That's just the bad fifty one fifty one fifties Well hold for oh being crazy?
Speaker 10: Well yes and no, but I don't know that they're used a whole lot. I mean you've got to show that someone is a danger to themselves those kind of things, and with suicidal you know a lot of times you can get somebody put in a mental place for that.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's it's just it's a really sticky situation.
Speaker 10: But again I would encourage whoever this is to reach out to all the resources here and Tulsa if you're in the Tulsa area and check to see what's available, and they can lead and guide you. Those professionals can lead and guide you to it's best to help you or brother in law.
Speaker 1: Whatever is psychiatric holds a thing? Is that something?
Speaker 10: There are psychiatric holds, But again those are only a certain amount of time. I mean they can't hold them indefinitely, so right, you know, it just all depends. I mean, if you go in and shoot somebody, uh, because you're insane.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's all sorts of things that can.
Speaker 10: Cause a psychiatric hold, but at the end of the day, they can't hold them forever. And unless you've got to diagnosis and those sorts of things that say they need to be locked up or put into an institution or something like that. I mean, there's just there's a lot of variables, and so again, contact the resources we have here in the Tulsa area. We've got hospitals and doctors all over this place. There's lots of people out there that can help you.
Speaker 1: Jeff Finsley from Hensley and Associates is in the studio.
Speaker 7: You have a question about divorce or custody or guardianship, you can ask it now. Eight three three four six oh kmod, good morning, you're on the air.
Speaker 1: What is your name, April, April? What's your question for? Jeff Hensley of Hensley and Associates.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Okay, So it's it's kind of a I'm I'm going to shorten down the story. In twenty fourteen, I was in a really bad place in my life and I lost custody of my children through DHS. A family member got them and she legally adopted them. As time went on, things I had ended up getting into some trouble and I went through a court ordered you know, rehabilitation program graduated it in twenty twenty, and I have been clean and sober and on the right shock since twenty eighteen. In twenty twenty, my relative let me take my kids back. I still don't have legal custody of them. I don't even have a guardianship of them. But I've had them since twenty twenty and DHS has actually come in and checked out the situation, and you know, they say it's fine. I would like to get legal city back of my kids. I don't see any reason that I wouldn't be able to. I just don't know the proper way to go back about or to go about it.
Speaker 3: Well that let me stop your idea.
Speaker 11: Of one of my children is turned nineteen, so she's not even really involved anymore in the legal process of it.
Speaker 3: So the nineteen year olds out, they're an adult. No, they're not part of this.
Speaker 10: I hate to say it, but there is no way back once your rights have been terminated to your child, at least from that standpoint, there's no way to get legal custody again.
Speaker 3: Now you could do.
Speaker 11: I mean, so they weren't necessarily terminated. I'd signed them over in agreeance that at some point maybe you know that we could we can mend it through it.
Speaker 10: No no, no, but but that's let me back up. And if she did legally adopt them, your rights were terminated despite what your agreement was, and there may have been an agreement. There are things called post adoption agreements, where you know, you say that that the people adopting will let the parent visit and be a part of the kids, lie for send pictures. I mean, those those are things, but those don't give you custody once your rights have been terminated. The only way around it in theory, would be maybe a guardianship, but you'd have to have a reason for the guardianship. How does the one kid that's left? I assume you said there, you said two, right.
Speaker 11: So, well there's there's two. There's a thirteen or fourteen year old and they've lived with me in my care since twenty twenty. I have a power of attorney because we actually even moved towns, and now because of that, I'm able to take them to, you know, enroll them in school, take them to doctors. I mean, they've been fully in my care.
Speaker 3: Since two thousand, right, And I understand you started go ahead.
Speaker 10: I was just saying, there's just not a legal avenue in the state of Oklahoma that, once rights have been terminated through an adoption, for a parent to come back and say I'm better now, I want my rights back.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 10: It doesn't work that way in Oklahoma, never has and so unfortunately there's not an avenue in Oklahoma. The only caveat, and again this would be in theory because I've not ever seen it done. But in theory you could get a guardianship, which is just an expansion of your power of attorney.
Speaker 3: So to speak.
Speaker 10: But the other side would have to be willing to agree to the guardianship, and the guardianship in this particular case doesn't get you any more than what a power of attorney would and what you're already doing, does it make sense? So, and there's no emergent situation because they've been with you forever. And I mean everyone says it's okay and all that, but I think at the end of the day, you're just kind of stuck.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you. I want to ask you a question. Do you just want to go through with that part because it feels like the final chapter of that and putting it behind you because Jeff's saying you already have the power pretty much all the rights.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean, if you want, well, and I guess another way would be is wait till they're turned eighteen and do an adult adoption so that they're then adopted back and to you so to speak, I mean, that's another way to do it, is I mean, you could do it with your nineteen year old now and wait till the other two get to that point and do it that way. If you just want to say I've adopted them back and I'm now you know legally mom, if you wanted to do that, that's another option.
Speaker 3: But again, going after.
Speaker 10: A guardianship now is not going to give you any more power, so to speak than your power attorney, other than to say, oh, well, I have a guardianship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean, honestly, I've had no problems with the power attorney. The only thing that I've had to have, Like, we went on a cruise vacation and I had to have her find you know, my relatives find something other than that. I've had no problems with the power of attorney, So.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm just saying, and that's probably where you're kind of stuck until the attorney eighteen and then, you know, then give me a call and we could do three adult adult adult guardianships or to me adoptions and do it that way so that they can be legally yours. But unfortunately, in the state of Oklahoma, when riots have been terminated, that's it.
Speaker 3: There's just no way back.
Speaker 11: There's no way back from Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, girl, have a great day, good luck. It's just not reversible.
Speaker 10: No, I mean, short of showing fraud or deceit or something like that, there's really not And that's just the way Oklahoma is. I don't know what the adoption laws are in other states, but that's how we are here in Oklahoma. The idea is to give the child or children some sort of permanency so that they can move on kind of things like that. I applaud this woman for turning her life around and being sober since twenty eighteen. I think that's awesome. I congratulate you on that. That's a big accomplishment. Unfortunately, our laws just aren't that way. So, and I say this all the time when I'm on the air with you guys, if you have a problem with the way a law is in Oklahoma, contact your local legislature. So whoever that is, whether they be in the House of the Senate, contact them and say, look, I have a problem with this, and here's why. And they're the ones that can make the difference. They're the ones that can change the law.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and you could probab also say that being a mom isn't something the court decides you are there doing that or you're not. And it sounds like she's doing that.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean, that's the thing is she's already doing the mom stuff. She's she's treating it. I mean, she's doing what she should be doing and loves to do obviously because she loves her kids. It's just as far as a terminology of quote unquote custody, it's just that's the wait is once it's terminated, and you're kind of stuck.
Speaker 7: We got this text from somebody and they said, someone tried to tell me that Oklahoma is no longer a mother's right state. Is that a true or an accurate When you have these type of questions which will let Jeff answer in a second, you need to call the folks at Hinsley Associates. They can answer those questions at any time. Nine eight three, nine eight five six nine two. There's a lot of misinformation. People get it wrong. They have water cooler lawyer talks with each other and try to decipher what they should or shouldn't do, or can or can't do. But you need to just go to an authority that can answer those questions, and the folks in Hinsley Associates are that mention kmo D you get a free consultation nine one eight three, nine eight five six nine two for hinsleyan Associates.
Speaker 1: Is Oklahoma no longer a mother's right state?
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 10: In fact, we're at this particular juncture. We're a fifty to fifty state when when it comes to divorce and paternity cases. I just tried a paternity case last two weeks ago on Friday and one and got joint custody for my client, who is very very happy. He's a great dad. But no, we're a half and half state, so I call it half and we're a fifty to fifty state right now. Now, there used to be we used to be something very much so mother's right states. A long time ago, there was something called the tender years doctrine that said that kids from the age of birth to age four should be mom should have soul custody and dad should have frequent continuing visitation, but not full visitation.
Speaker 3: Those kind of things. Those don't exist anymore.
Speaker 10: You might get one of those rulings out in some Podunk county out here somewhere where there's a judge from who's eighty five years old, but that's very very rare, because the law is the law. And I will tell you that in Tulsa County especially, they're following the law of the fifty to fifty to start, because you have to show that the other parent is unfit in some way to come down off of fifty to fifteen if they're not unfit. Now, remember, being a jerk is not unfit as just being a jerk. They're difficult to deal with and they're a pain in the ass. That's not good enough for unfitness.
Speaker 7: Nine eight three, nine eight five six ninety two for Hensley Associates, nine one eight three nine eight five six ninety two going through family law. Question our situation, you want questions answered, Jeff can do that. Mention kmod nine eight three nine eight five six nine two. And if you find yourself in other areas of law needing assistance, the folks at Hensley Associates are available.
Speaker 10: Too, absolutely so through our office in Pusco. Don't worry about where it's at. They go everywhere and they talk to anybody by phone or zoom or in person or whatever you need.
Speaker 3: Give Lee a call up there. Leah does a great job.
Speaker 10: She handles everything in addition to family law up there. So if you've got a criminal case, if something as benign as a speeding ticket or duy all the way up to murder and everything in between, she can help you with. If you've got a will or a trust that needs to be drafted, if you've got a probate issue you which is when someone passes away in their estates now being dealt with by the cord. Or if you've got a contract review you're selling a piece of land, whatever it may be, literally anything in addition to family law. Give them a call up there. If you don't want to call up there. Just call here and Tulsa. We'll transfer you up to Leah and she will get you taken care of.
Speaker 1: Six nine two for Hensing Associates. We'll be back. I saw on the side of the road a truck and it had fruit in it, and I think there were watermelons if I remember correctly. And it's interesting how people will go and just buy fruit from those people, like buy a watermelon. Sure, I don't have a reason why you shouldn't trust him, but I don't know along that fruit's been sitting in the back of that truck. And I don't know if I've ever seen a fruit truck with just a couple back there.
Speaker 2: No, Right, it's always loads and loads and loads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same with corn onions. Onions is another one. And I don't know. You just assume they have a farm, yeah, and that's they're getting them from there, right, I'm just trust it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not driving to the grocery store and buying every onion that they have.
Speaker 1: They might be.
Speaker 7: They might be going to buy bags of onions at Sam's or Costco. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like they would be like, give me every single onion in the store.
Speaker 1: Though you can buy palettes of onions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and well what does the store care?
Speaker 1: Right, They're getting their money and they don't care what you go do with it.
Speaker 7: And so then there's another there's a lady by my mom's house and she wheels out like a bookshelf every day and puts some fruits and vegetables there from her own garden. And you put a little money in the thing and take what you'd like. It's nice, it's fine, right, Yeah, But also I don't know how she's grown it.
Speaker 1: She could be grown in poop. I don't know, I'm not. The expectation that she must follow guidelines isn't real, right, She's just grown up the way that works for her.
Speaker 2: Sure, have you ever purchased any of her veggies?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 1: I don't trust people, right, right?
Speaker 2: Has your mom?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay no?
Speaker 7: But to my point, what do you you take a gamble? I'm sure it's fine. I'm sure ninety nine percent of them are fine. Also, people suck. The human race in general does bad things, or they think it's fine the way they do it.
Speaker 1: Sure, but it may not be. Maybe you're maybe they cover their fruit and vegetables with seven if you know what that is, and then they just wash it before they bring it out there and put it on display.
Speaker 7: It's a pesticide for those of another kills pretty much every bug awesome. So how do you trust that?
Speaker 2: You just you just do.
Speaker 1: You just take a gamble, which feels wild to me.
Speaker 2: You try it once and if you enjoy it, then you go back.
Speaker 1: I always get a kick out of people like I don't let my kids eat red dye, and then they go do stuff like that, which feels completely I guess as reckless as letting them have a red dye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've actually talked about it, like we would love to be able to have our own garden. We don't get enough sun like though in our backyard.
Speaker 7: I mean, god, God, listen, have a garden on whatever. But to then sell it, there's no way you're making a profit.
Speaker 2: No, it's just someone who has an over abundance. They had a good year.
Speaker 7: So now this is just adding to my my conspiracy because you're not a good judge of what you're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: You overgrew, you overproduced.
Speaker 2: Or they thought that they maybe in years past they didn't overproduce, and then this year. It was like, oh my gosh, I can't believe it. I finally have a good garden. Now there's not enough of me to eat all of this, and I don't want to be wasteful food bank. So yeah, that's that that too, mm hmm. But maybe a food bank can't accept it.
Speaker 1: Then you shouldn't. Right, Somebody texting and you're ruining fruit stands. For one, I'm not trying to ruin it.
Speaker 7: I just take notice of very peculiar things that we accept in society as normal.
Speaker 2: And listen, I'm very trusting, So I'll take from a fruit stand all day every day. As I'm trusting, I will do that. I will look for them.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if me not being trusting is a good character trait or you trusting is a good care. I don't know which one's right. You probably could talk both ways.
Speaker 2: No, I don't wind me up in someone's trunk someday, I'm sure and cut up in a million pieces.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So, like I'm reading a book and it all started. I was driving down a road. It was a rural road, all gravel, and there was a man on the side of the road. I pulled over cars weren't going by for miles. And what did I do? I took food from him.
Speaker 1: We say don't take food from strangers, and here we are buying food from strangers because you think there's some bale of security there.
Speaker 2: No, I have my limits, like I don't pick up hitch hikers things like that. I worked with a guy who did do that on a rag. Oh yeah, picked up pitch hikers. Someone who worked here used to do that. Yeah, well, it bothered me. One day he said that he was traveling down the road with his toddler in the back seat and he picked up a hitchhiker, a male who was probably in his late thirties early forties. And I said, what possessed you to pick up a hitchhiker with your child in the back seat? And he said, wow, he had a veterans hat on.
Speaker 1: He was that good will.
Speaker 2: That's why I said, he could have gotten it out of a garbage can, for all you.
Speaker 1: Know, killed a veteran. He took it exactly.
Speaker 2: It bothered me so much. I was so I said, you put your child in danger. You're toddler.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this, and why is that so much more dangerous than stopping on the side of the road and buying food from a stranger.
Speaker 2: Because it's just food and I'm not eating it right then and there. I'm going to take it home and.
Speaker 1: Wash it doesn't mean it can't be contaminated on the inside or or.
Speaker 2: Like I've seen in uh, the television show that I've been watching, The Cape Fear, he injects stuff into an apple like snow white, I guess poison, and so that could happen too.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like, how far is the distance of crazy from that guy? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, to stopping and buying food from a stranger that you don't know. Yeah, because you just you just have this expectation that they're hard workers, because they're perceived to be farmers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I feel because I'm probably I'm most likely not the only one buying from the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you ever stood in line? Have you ever stood in line with the guy in the truck? Right?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: No, you don't usually like the only one and he's just glad to see somebody, or is just sleep in the cab of the truck.
Speaker 1: It's just a weird thing that we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love farm fresh tomatoes and farm fresh corn and all squashes and so I love all that. Yeah, and I have bought stuff from the side of the road, but when you think about it in a context, you're like buying food from strangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're trusting people.
Speaker 1: Gotta take a break, we'll be back.
Speaker 3: That's rush.
Speaker 4: More of the big med morning show is Nest