Speaker 1: Ripped of.
Speaker 2: News, so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running.
Speaker 4: Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come, man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinelcome, Welcome to the.
Speaker 6: Only show of it's kinder. Here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal in life, as you know, is to make your life just a little bit better. We got some great updates coming throughout the day to day people that we help to the tune of over three hundred million dollars cash, merchandise exchanges refunds, all due to this show over forty five years in the Denver metro area. Tom Martine's been doing this longer than anybody else in the entire nation on radio. Nobody else's longest running show in the country with the same host, and we are very proud of that. Now here's the bottom line. You need help. Three zero three seven one three a two five five three oh three Martino. That number of works, of course, on or off the air. I believe we're getting our YouTube feed up. We're working on that as we speak. But three O three seven one three a two five five. My guest today Henry Brents. He's with of course excel roofing Henry. How are you doing today, man.
Speaker 7: Great Mark, thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: You got it. You got a lot cooking this time of a year. Or no, I mean the roofing business. What do you guys do in the roofing business in December? I mean there's not much to do, right Or do you have roofs that collapse from the heavy snow we had in November?
Speaker 8: You know, we don't see a lot of collapse roofs, but we do see a lot of leaks, and so we always want to make sure that if we have done any roofs, we make sure that everything's taken care of. And then also a lot of people will call into us and say, hey, my loot, my roof is leaking due to the ice dam or just ponding water.
Speaker 6: And what do you generally do to fix thos? Do you got to remove the shingles and work your way down to the last layer or do you just what do you do? It's different every time. Yeah, it's really.
Speaker 7: Different every time, depending on where the leak is.
Speaker 8: If the leak is on the face shingles, then we would need to rip it down to the deck and start doing surgery. But if it's around like a flashing or something like that, we can usually go and do some minor up down pretty quickly.
Speaker 6: In that worst scenario, you can at least stop the leak and by putting a tarpaup or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, And that's what we recommend to customers. If you guys are having a leak at your house, put a tarp over it if possible, and then also create a drain inside a bucket in the house to try to mitigate as much interior damage as possible.
Speaker 6: All Right, if you have any roof questions or any questions for Henry, he's going to be joining in the whole show. I wanted to start off talking about something that I heard from all people the New York mayor. Yeah, New York City mayor pipeline of criminality. I love that phrase. And that's coming from a liberal. That mayor is more liberal than most, and he said this about the migrant crisis. What they are starting is criminals. They're creating criminals in a pipeline of them. These people come into the country. Do you realize migrants can't legally work in the US when they first arrive and under current federal law, they have to wait over one hundred and fifty days from their asylum application in order just to apply for a work permit. So by being this liberal city we are and inviting all these people and then we act surprised. This part's crazy. We act surprised when the gangs come in. They can't get jobs anywhere. What are they supposed to do? They're gonna steal, They're gonna become criminals. They can't do anything else. They can't work. And that's thanks to you know, mayor Mike Johnston. And I believe he was the one that said he will get all the people in Denver and we'll stand up at the border the Ice. What are your nuts? We got people in Aurora. Yeah, I'm gonna say it again, we've got criminal gangs in Aurora that are torturing people. For God's sake. What kind of mayor said something like that instead of going after the criminals, this guy saying, oh, we're not gonna let ice in. You're a nutjob, Mike. You're a nutjob, buddy. I don't even understand where you're coming from. Then that rhino, Mike Kaufman is about as liberal as they get. What's his problem. I remember it to Trump rally the night of it. Because Trump talked about the Venezuelan gang. What does he say, Oh, no, there's nothing going on in those apartments. He denied it.
Speaker 9: And I used to be a build an apartment building in Aurora. I would be a paully.
Speaker 6: It was crazy. He came out and saying, oh, they're talking about one or two people. They're overblowing it. Don't believe you're lying eyes. When they showed video all over the country of people with machine guns basically walking around or assault rifles walking around this apartment a complex giving people to shake down.
Speaker 9: Up and pulling their fingernails.
Speaker 6: Off of that's unbelievable bo when I read that. When I read that the other day, they stabbed somebody, then they pulled people's fingernails off, torture in them. It's absolutely pathetic what this state has become under Polis. And I'm sorry to bitch every morning about it, but I'm about sick and tired of it. I love Colorado and I wanted to see it do better. And if you threw Denver and Aurora out of the situation, the damn state's pretty cool. Douglas County rocks. You get out into Weld County, you know what, there might be some, you know, some pretty shisty businesses down there, but you know, in general the people are good. But I digress. The other thing I got to throw in that I promise I'll get to the phones. This show's about helping you. But if I don't vent, I build up too much animosity. Maybe that's a good word. Three three seven one three five five Georgia Court of Appeals disqualified Fulton County District Attorney Fanny Willis. She's the one that was banging, Yeah, I said it, banging the guy she was paying left and right to go after Trump. Another one of those. Another one of those, and it's thrown out once again. Another election interference case. Finally got to the Supreme Court, or not the Supreme Court, but got to a district got to the district Court of Appeals there and they tossed it. It'll probably go to the state Supreme Court if she wants to fight it. But you know that's it. It's not literally tossed. But the bottom line is she can't do anything. And you know, it's a travesty what people have done. And I think when Trump gets in office, We're gonna find out a lot more and I mean a lot more of what was going on in the last four years. And I hate to say it. I think it's worse than we ever thought. I think it is so bad. We're just gonna have no idea when we hear the truth, and it's just gonna be that way. Now we've got this update, Explain this one to me. I've got Gary on. Hey, Gary, you called in. You had a problem with one Source heating. Is that correct?
Speaker 10: Yes, it's one It's actually called one Source Home Service.
Speaker 6: One Source Home Service. What was the problem? Recap it real quick for us?
Speaker 10: Well, they told me. They told me a motor that didn't need to be done.
Speaker 6: For your furnace, so a blower motor the boat for the furnace.
Speaker 11: Actually the it's a Goodman furnace eight and they installed an inducer blower and the cost of the job, including the motor, was thirty two.
Speaker 9: Now the crux of this, it's a very I thought it was really high price. But the problem.
Speaker 11: Is is that Gary did not need the inducer blower.
Speaker 6: What do you mean he didn't need it? What was actually how do we know we didn't need it.
Speaker 11: Because Gary was able to get the old part back. He went to an authorized motor shop, which I've dealt with over the years. They tested, They did a CFM and AMP test on the motor and there was absolutely nothing wrong.
Speaker 6: Well, hold on, I'm a little lost here, Gary. When you first called up, what was the problem? Why did you call these people?
Speaker 10: Why did they call the one source?
Speaker 6: Yeah, why did you call him? To begin with?
Speaker 10: It stopped working? Okay, and it turned out to be It turned out to be a little It was a pressure part.
Speaker 6: So so let me understand this though. So they came out, they said it was the motor. They charged him for the motor. Then it still didn't work. Then they went back to him on the same visit and sold them the pressure switch that did fix it.
Speaker 11: I believe it's on the same birth visit, right Gary. They installed the inducer more.
Speaker 9: And an expensive pressure switch.
Speaker 10: They put the pressure in switched. First, they told me the motor was perfect, and then they came back upstairs and said, well, your motor was on. Your motor's blowing. You need a new motor. So that's how I got suck it into it.
Speaker 6: And how much was that add on? Are they saying it was leaking? Did it have a little bit of uh, you know, oil around it?
Speaker 2: Both?
Speaker 9: They just said that motor was the inducer.
Speaker 6: You're effective, So, Gary, you're just outright saying they totally lied to you. You didn't need the motor. And how we know this is when they put the switch in the furnace started working.
Speaker 10: He never turned it on when he put that first little dew hickey on, he never turned it on. He just came up there to say, you need a new motor. He goes, I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 6: Cut But then you took the old motor. Did you have it the whole time or did you go get it or what?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 10: I had to pull tooth and nail to get it.
Speaker 6: So you went and got the motor, and then you had it checked at someplace that bow said an author. And what did they say. They said, there's no problem with it.
Speaker 10: They told me it absolutely nothing wrong with this motor.
Speaker 9: They did, they had a complete test on it.
Speaker 6: But the furnace never ran with that motor in it after that switch went out. Is that correct?
Speaker 10: Well, we never turned the heater on. The heater stopped working when they came out put that first little party, and all this happened within the first twenty minutes. When they put that piece on there, he tipped, dispatched everything, said, everything's fine, motors flying everything. When he put that one piece in, he never turned the heater on. So he just came up there and said the motive won.
Speaker 6: I got you, and then bo when you called over to One Source and what is it called again? One Source? Like you got to make sure we have it right, Yeah, because I've heard of a couple of those.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's several companies in the Springs that use this name, the same name, but this one is One Source Home Services.
Speaker 9: On thirty seven forty Enter Park Drive.
Speaker 6: In Colorado Springs. One Source Home Services. Okay, I'm looking at him right here.
Speaker 9: Okay, so what does I called four times? They've never called me back. I was read.
Speaker 11: I told them the whole story each time that they installed this inducer blower.
Speaker 9: There was absolutely nothing wrong.
Speaker 6: With it, and you still haven't heard from them.
Speaker 11: No, And what I'm we're not looking for a refund. I mean Gary had no heat. They did provide a service, Yeah, of course, replace a switch.
Speaker 6: They just want to return this. This part all we're looking for.
Speaker 11: I asked diplomatically if they could just take one thousand dollars off the bill.
Speaker 6: How much did they charge them?
Speaker 9: They charged them approximately thirty two hundred.
Speaker 6: Dollars for the whole job. So for the how much is that one switch?
Speaker 11: Well, it was all included, but the switch cost is approximately thirty dollars.
Speaker 6: So the switch costs thirty Yeah, but I don't want to get into the labor aspect. People got to make money. But if they charged them thirty two hundred, they didn't even need the motor. That's crazy. And we're sure of that. You're, you know, guaranteed, not just from this caller, you know it.
Speaker 11: I would quit over this one. That inducer motor is perfectly fine.
Speaker 6: And they just sold him one.
Speaker 9: They just sold him.
Speaker 6: And then they've never returned your call.
Speaker 9: That four times they never returned And as far as they took.
Speaker 6: Up, have they reached out to you at all? Gary? No, you know this is BS man, this is total BS. What phone number do you have for these guys? Here's what I would like? No, actually, I want to do this two ways. One, Kelly, I want you to try to reach out. We'll get you the phone number as soon as we go to break. If they don't want to come on the air and talk about it, I'm going to ask the listeners to do something because I'm getting sick and tired of stuff like this. I believe Bo, he was in that business forever. He sent that motor and they're the ones that provided at one source. Right, So they said, here's your motor.
Speaker 11: Gary went to the shop. I was surprised they gave it back to him. He went to the truck and the technician gave him the old motor, just.
Speaker 6: Gave it to him. And Gary, you haven't told you did you talk to him at that point? And say, you know, have you talked to him at all? They won't call you back either.
Speaker 10: I talked to him one time, me son and after the fact.
Speaker 6: And what did they say, sir?
Speaker 10: He offered me one thousand dollars worth of services to come up for the.
Speaker 6: Next Yeah, but what did he say? That's something? But hold on, what did he say about the motor being in great condition? When you told him that?
Speaker 10: He just put his head down and shook his head and he told me and my son, I'm sorry. He goes, I know there's something wrong there. I'll get back with you. I turned down the offer with and.
Speaker 6: The offer was one thousand dollars credit towards future work, right, But why would y yeah, of course, why would you call them back out?
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 11: He never wants to call them, and neither I should. I think the people in Carra Springs cost so.
Speaker 6: We generally don't get involved in pricing. But my god, thirty two hundred dollars. Think about this, thirty two hundred dollars for a wholesale price of a switch, that's thirty bucks. How hard is that to swap out on that goodman? Just roughly an hour and a half hour.
Speaker 9: What are we talking maybe fifteen to twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: Fifteen to twenty minutes. Thirty two hundred dollars and they had to, of course get extra if they even charged him eight hundred or one thousand for that, I wouldn't even be mad. I honestly, God wouldn't. And people listening are like, well that would be a ripoff. Well, I'll tell you what. People have insurance, have employees have healthcare, They have all this stuff. I get it, But thirty two hundred and sell him something he doesn't need and then offer him one thousand dollars credit towards future work is insane, Kelly, See if we can get these clowns on the phone. I'd love to hear from them.
Speaker 13: No, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. I know Kelly talked to somebody over at One Source, and I want to make sure I get that phone number right, bo, What is the phone number at one Source? The correct one source in Colorado Springs. And by the way, it was called one Source. Let's give the exact name out people. They're they're in my opinion there jerk's total jerks.
Speaker 9: Get the name exactly right. It's one Source.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: Home Services one source Home Services yup.
Speaker 11: And their phone number is seven one nine YEP five three two nine thousand.
Speaker 1: So, Kelly, when you called over the main number, but I found a different number, which I thought I would have had a little.
Speaker 14: Bit more.
Speaker 1: Success with YEP, But it went directly to a appointment making.
Speaker 6: Did you try the did you try the five three two nine thousand?
Speaker 9: I did?
Speaker 1: It went to nowhere.
Speaker 6: It's just nowhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I found this one, and I actually I was able to talk to somebody. Yeah, However, because I wasn't making an appointment for service, they hung up on me.
Speaker 6: Was it a another one source or we're sure it's the right one, No, it's the right one, yeah, what I show on their website. Let's try this one real quick. Three seven one nine eight eight one eight zero zero nine seven nine eight eight one eight zero zero nine. Let's try that. But this is just nuts. I mean, here we go again. How many times does this happen? They over sell them something they don't need it. They actually give him the part back, they go and get the part two, and sure enough, the part's no good. So I mean, I just don't quite I don't understand. And then why would he want one thousand dollars back? Gary. I'm glad you turned that offer down. And here's what we're gonna do. We're just gonna work on this man. And if I got to give their phone number out all day long and have people call them all day long and try to get a comment from these people, that's what I'll do. I mean, I'm sick and tired of it. They can at least talk to at least talk to you want it. I understand if they don't want to talk to me, but for God's sake, they can at least talk to you. And you're saying they haven't talked to you since when.
Speaker 10: Since the three days after this happens. Now there is one more phone number.
Speaker 6: What is the other phone number?
Speaker 10: Okay? This day's names Levi and who was he? He was a technician that came out.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't want to give his tis personal sell phone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't want to give that out, man, I don't did you try that number?
Speaker 9: Bo I did not call the technician?
Speaker 6: Maybe you should all the technician off air. I don't want to give that guy's cell phone out, but I'm definitely gonna give out one source again. So, Kelly, here's the last here's one more ditch effort before I ask our listeners to help out. Try the seven to one nine five, three to two nine thousand on this break. Try that, and then we're going to figure out if they're gonna come on or not. But I mean, that's crazy. Meantime, it looks like, Dennis, you got a problem with the landlord. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 15: I've been without heat for five days and as cold as it is, you know, I have a grandson, he's eleven years old, and I'm handicapped, you know what I mean, And it's just hard for me. You know, it's just hard. I can There is none I could really do.
Speaker 3: And the thing about it is, I've been living here seven years, and she's on this place for two years of the seven years i've been living and ever since she's been here, I mean, I'm without water for three or four days. I'm without heat four or five days. Last years, without heat again for like three or four days.
Speaker 15: They sometimes they do and then they don't even warn you. They'll just turn the water off.
Speaker 6: Hey, Dennis, where is this? Where is this? Apartment?
Speaker 15: Twenty nine?
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, you don't want to give out your address? Is it in Denver, Aurora? Where is it?
Speaker 15: Inglewood?
Speaker 6: Inglewood?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Hold tight, man, let me digest that that was an awful, big buffet of issues.
Speaker 13: Hold tight, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three two five five Dennis, I'm gonna come back to you and we're gonna try to help you out there. But Kelly has called over to this one source so many times now. It's one source. God, their logo sucks, the company sucks, their logo sucks, the whole damn thing sucks. It's uh one source Home Services. Let me see that damn thing again. You've got I mean this is crazy. Thirty two hundred bucks. They didn't even need the damn thing. They didn't even need the motor. We sent it out to be inspected. The company said it was fine. We talked to somebody we know that runs a good and I mean a great HVAC company in the Springs and they can't understand how this company's still in business. He's been cleaning up after him for years? Is that correct, Kelly? Years? Is what he said? Correct. I am sick and tired of one Source Home Services. Please give them a call. Apparently there's no place to comp if you're not calling to schedule an appointment, too bad. You know, maybe people should schedule an appointment and have them waste their time and come out. I'm just saying, then you can talk to them face to face. Maybe that's the way to do it, you know what. I just a little when I say that. But at the same time, thirty two hundred dollars and all he needed was the switch, and we verified it. We verified it through a third party.
Speaker 9: Correct, totally independent third party.
Speaker 6: Totally independent third party. Did Mike look at this personally as well? Kelly? I don't want to say what company. I don't want to throw him exactly.
Speaker 1: So basically what happened is we reach out to Mike and he called back leader. He did not immediately address the case. He's very, very familiar with the.
Speaker 6: Companies he's used to him ripping people off correct that's I mean, let's just put it for what it is. So, folks, if you're listening now, this is how you can help. We need your help. When there's companies like this running around Kyler Rotdo Springs or Denver, wherever, and they're simply screwing people, they need to know the owner needs to find out. Basically, you're doing a public service. You call up, can I talk to the owner? If you can get through to the GM or the owner, just make sure they know that they have rogue employees that are possibly not diagnosing stuff correctly, or worse scenario, just outright ripping people off. Outright ripping people off, that's possible, go ahead by art.
Speaker 11: That was my goal is to get a hold of the owner of this company.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we don't know if it's a rogue employee.
Speaker 16: No.
Speaker 11: I wanted to get a hold of the owner and maybe edge I was in the business for forty years. I want to educate him on what's going on with this company.
Speaker 6: Well, apparently he knew he did something wrong because he offered him a thousand dollars credit towards future services.
Speaker 9: I don't know if that was the owner, may have been the manager. I don't know if this is somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't believe it.
Speaker 17: The others I.
Speaker 6: Can't believe about these are Kelly, go ahead.
Speaker 1: The other thing is the hut when you call. I've found three phone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they all go to the same place. They all go to schedule. I wonder if you're just lead generation and they're calling other companies. I know nothing about them. I go to their website.
Speaker 1: It's not even the company that it's going to.
Speaker 6: It is a third party service. The third party service that people call. Right now, that third party service or answering service can pass on that A bunch of people are calling wanting to know why they screwed Gary over. I mean, really, that's what they can do now, that's my opinion, and listen for them listening out there. Hold on, Kelly. I just want someone to know they're at one source right now. I want to say something one source Home Services. I'm allowed to have my opinion. So if you want to start threatening, oh we're going to see you, please bring it on. I want you to bring it on. Put my name at the top mark major. Just put it right there, because I'll tell you something. Still, in this country, you can have an opinion on anything, and I'll tell you what. It's your client that hauled up and told us about your shenanigans. You even offered him a thousand dollars credit. He doesn't want it. You won't call him back, you won't discuss it with him. Now it's on the public airways. You are dumbasses, that's what you are. You operate a business horribly. You shouldn't even be in business in my opinion. Seven nine five three two nine thousand one Source Home Services. Please let me know what they say and tell them I'm sick and tired of them. We've talked to other people down there that do the job right and they've been cleaning up after you. We've got more ammunition against you than you could ever imagine. Jerks, I don't even get it. Give them a damn refund of one thousand bucks. He doesn't want you for future credit. Now you've got my damn holiday off to a bad start, Dennis, I apologize for putting you back on hold this landlord right now. You haven't had heat for five days, yes, sir, And when is it supposed to be back on what?
Speaker 15: I don't know. She don't answer my text She don't nothing nothing.
Speaker 3: I don't get no phone calls, no nothing, nothing nothing.
Speaker 15: I don't know. It's up in the air. I've been trying to call you, call the housing authority. They don't can't give me no help. I've called the police. I've called the fire department. Somebody.
Speaker 6: Well, that's getting win, Dennis. That's going a little overboard. The police and fire department aren't going to do anything. So when is the Let's get I swear to guy. Let's get the reality real quick. When's the last time you spoke to her and let her know that the furnace is not working or the heat is not working?
Speaker 15: Five days ago?
Speaker 6: Okay? And what did she say? Has anybody been out to look at it?
Speaker 15: She never answered me. She never answered text back, no phone.
Speaker 6: So you said it's not working and you haven't heard back from her at all?
Speaker 15: Nothing. She knows too. It's I've texted her about it five days ago, called her no answer. No, text replied nothing nothing. And this is the usual thing.
Speaker 6: That's a is it one?
Speaker 15: When my rent is doll my rent is do oh? After midnight? She's on it.
Speaker 3: What's your rent?
Speaker 15: Regient? Resient? I'm not going to be mister angel over here. I've been laid on.
Speaker 6: Dennis. Dennis.
Speaker 3: I've always Dennis in three or four days.
Speaker 6: Dennis, calm down for a minute, man, I get it. Chill out for a sec.
Speaker 18: That's all right.
Speaker 6: Let me ask some questions. See I don't get loud and talk over you or anybody.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Frustrated Dennis, I get it. Listen, man, One is it one unit? Multiple units? What are we talking about?
Speaker 15: It's a house and there's two units that she just added on another one downstairs, which is like a little box. I don't know it's even gonna rent out. But it's a one house.
Speaker 6: And when I first see Dennis, Dennis, we're going to play a game, say answer the question only. So it's just a house with three units. Are all three units in the same boat? Do you guys share the same heating system?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, so the other neighbors have as far as you know, yes, okay. And when you left a message, you left it on a voicemail with her, and you haven't heard anything back in five days. Does she have other units outside of that house that you know of?
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 15: I don't know. She bought this a couple of years ago.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on a second. The fact he can't get a call back in five days is crazy. But I want to have a real conversation with Dennis after this break. Dennis, I'm going to ask you some very straightforward questions. One is going to be are you on section eight? And the only reason I asked that is I don't want to get someone so mad at you for coming on the air and talking about it they pull your voucher or try to kick you out. And I'm not saying they can even legally do that. But what I'm saying is I have been in situations before where I have personally showed up and I have threatened to have the entire village and I'll call it a village shut down, because it was about is illegal and the worst living conditions I have ever seen in my life. Do you remember that, Suzanne when we went out there?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, have you ever in your life seen anything like that.
Speaker 17: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: People living in campers, absolutely no plumbing, dead bodies in different places, different places on the same property. For weeks. Denver was going to come in and shut the whole thing down. But then what we found out is most of them had no other place to go, and it was in winter, so they had a decision to make. And I didn't like either part of the decision. But there was no good outcome period. Either they lived nowhere at all, or they're thrown out, or they live in just the worst conditions. It was nuts. I've never seen anything like it. So Dennis, I want you to think of what I just said there and we'll discuss it after this. Carl's got another problem, unauthorized tenant. Welcome to Denver. And by the way, for you landlords out there, I'm sure you know this by now, but when the lease is up with that tenant you don't like, you probably can't get rid of them.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five three zero three Martino. You got a problem with a contractor or landlord, anything out there? We want to recoup some money for you today, three zero three Martino, simple as that, dial it up or here another three hours. I'm gonna go back to Dennis. We were talking about an issue with his landlord. He's had issues there for two years since the person has owned it, and that's one hundred percent according to him. He hasn't had heat for five days. He left a message somewhere, but they have never returned. They haven't sent anybody out to look at it. Is that all correct, Dennis?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 6: Now, Now a couple questions. One, are you on section eight? No, I'm not okay. How are you one hundred percent paid up on your rent? You owe nothing? Okay? I don't like any part of this. Here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna put you on hold. You're gonna give Kelly your landlord's phone number. Okay, I'm going to try to reach out to her. Give Kelly all the information you have. Kelly's going to try to reach out, and we're gonna see if we can't get someone over there and figure out what's going on with the heat and when you can get it work and again. Okay, yes, sir, okay, hold on a second, Kelly, you got that. Let's do that. One line open three oho three seven one three eight two five five one Source Home Services. These are the guys, yep, these are the guys. In fact, give me a favor, dragon, let's tag this. I want to make them a nice radio spot for future use. That way, I don't have to remember their phone number and bring it up all the time. Uh, you're ready. I'm gonna count down. You're ready, three two one one Source Home Services. Oh man, these guys are great. They're gonna come out and sell you stuff you don't need and charge you a hell of a lot of money. Then you're gonna call up this show because they won't answer the phone and they will not take care of the problem. That is One Source Home Services. In my opinion, yep, One Source Home Services in Colorado Springs, in my opinion, sucks. They really suck. In fact, I would never personally use them ever in a million years. If I saw them, I'd run across the street. Seven nine five two nine thousand. I would personally never use them ever. According to the complaints and based upon Gary who called in today and had a big, big issue with him paid thirty two hundred dollars for something he didn't even need. Now, yes, they did fix the furnace, but we sent that motor out. The motor was looked at. There was absolutely no problem with that blower motor whatsoever, according to a third party source. And then according to other people we know down this is a long commercial, isn't it? This one? I'm gonna have to pay a lot of money to run this one. But then we also talked to other people we trust in the Springs, and they know the reputation is very bad of One Source Home Services at seven one nine five three two nine thousand.
Speaker 9: Can we give out the address mark?
Speaker 6: I don't even think it matters. I mean no, I don't want anybody. No, there's no reason. But I know this though, that was that was way too long for a spot, So I'm gonna have to shave that down dragon.
Speaker 2: You're ninety.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a ninety. That costs me a lot of money to run. So if let me think how I would do, Let's say a fifteen for one Source Home Services mark major for one Source Home Services. In my opinion, they suck. I would never do business with them. They absolutely suck. According to different callers seven one nine five three two nine thousand, and also according to other people that we know in Colorado Springs, one Source Home Services is not very customer oriented, not very friendly, And of course that's my opinion. Seven one nine five three two nine thousand. Where's that end is up at? There?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good thirty.
Speaker 6: That's a good thirty, and then I could run maybe a ten. Gary says one was a Gary. That's right, right, bo. Gary says one Source Home Services sucks. You can call them if you want, but I highly suggest you don't. Seven one nine five three two nine thousand. Is that a fifteen?
Speaker 19: I missed the timing on that one, but yeah, we're close enough right around fifteen?
Speaker 6: Okay, we can we can lock that one in and for people out there listening, Once again, I don't do this a lot, I really don't. But when they will not contact the caller, they will not talk to us. In fact, how many times did they hang up on you, Kelly?
Speaker 10: Uh? Once?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: But the other two times they just would not pass me through to anyone unless I was going to make an appointment.
Speaker 6: Well, could we make an appointment with the general manager discuss gary situation?
Speaker 1: That was not what they were You know what, I'm going to try the numbers personally.
Speaker 6: By the way I break, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Call them Dennis. I just called Liz the landlord. Yep, don't, don't, don't. This is what we call a tease. Everybody, hang tight.
Speaker 6: We're going to see what this landlord had to say about Dennis's situation and a lot more after this.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 12: Ripped of.
Speaker 16: News you need.
Speaker 12: So you don't have.
Speaker 4: Come run anxiousness as a can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 6: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome my friends to the only show of its kind. We sow problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal is to recoup money for you, make life a little more just for you if you've been ripped off, and really just try to help you, as simple as that. We're here all the time at three three Martino. It doesn't matter if we're on the air off. You can always email us at help at troubleshooter dot com. We'll reach out to you. We'll try to help you in that aspect as well. We're dealing with a lot. We've got a couple of landlord things going on today. But during the break, if you know, last hour, we were talking about one source in Colorado Springs and I'm a little curious on how this business operates. I'm trying to think who can do this research for me? But One Source Home Services on Yelp one hundred and forty one reviews and by far, ah, by far far the majority or one bo I want you to do a little peeking under the skirt of these guys. And here's why I say this. Listen to this first review and this first to review. Hold on, I don't like how Yelp reviews work. They jump around, but let me hit this. So the very first one is Gary G. Colorado Springs, Colorado, word of caution, call for action. I wish this guy would call in or heater went out during the last snowstorm. We called one source. They overcharged for parts and labors significantly. Blah blah blah blah blah. But here's the next one. You ready, Yes, Michael R. North Carolina. The next one Eagle S San Francisco. Does this company operate just a call center? And if so, who were these technicians coming out? I want to know who people are dealing with when they call one source in Colorado Springs. I'm starting to think it's possible, opinion a little hyperboly, but maybe they have a contract with the homeless down there, So they take in the call and then they simply reach out to someone homeless it's got a wrench and send them to your house. Now, I'm not sure if that's what's going on. And this is my attempt at being funny, but something really stinks here. Why is there reviews from all across the country on this place.
Speaker 9: That's very odd?
Speaker 11: And what I could do is call uh the caller back and get the name of Levi, who's the technician.
Speaker 6: I wonder if Levi might.
Speaker 9: Shed some light on this. Now I didn't know that Gary had his phone number.
Speaker 6: I wonder if Levi is an independent contractor that is outsourced by these guys, because if that's true, I've got multiple problems. Now I've got a problem with one source because they have no control over what's going on, but yet people are calling them and talking to them. And then I also have a big problem with Levi because Levi would be the one that upsold in that scenario, not one source, so they both suck. If that's the case.
Speaker 11: It's true, he very well could be a subcontractor just freelancing for this company.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Suzanne, not.
Speaker 12: To switch tracts, But I'm dying to know what the landlord said to Kelly.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, we're going to go to that. We're gonna go I'm gonna recap that in just a second. I also want you to reach out to Mike down there. Do you know who that is? I'm going to give you a cell phone number to reach out and pick his brain on how one source operates down there. He might actually know the answer to that makes sense. No, I don't even want to go into who he is because a lot of people they don't want to poopoo their competition. I'm not going to put someone in that spot, all right. So now what Suzanne was talking about, update everybody on that.
Speaker 17: Okay, So Dennis is called in.
Speaker 12: He hasn't had heat for five days, no communication from his landlord for five days. He's been there seven years, she's owned it for the last two years, and since she's owned it, they've had problems with water issues, eating issues, a see issues, whatnot. It's really frustrated right now.
Speaker 6: But the most important part is in the last five days.
Speaker 12: For five days, Mark, I mean, it's not exactly warm out atn'tight. Yeah, I'd be fished, I'd be pissed.
Speaker 6: Kelly, what says landlord lady.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys are going to be a little disappointed on that tease.
Speaker 6: She didn't answer.
Speaker 1: Her dealbox is not set up to take messages here.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, Is that the only number, Carl, we have? I'm sorry I picked up the wrong landlord problem. Yes, I understand, Dennis. Is that the only phone number you have for well?
Speaker 15: She had another number, but she sent me that number to get a hold of her. Uh it's a corporation. It's called see it's called uh Uh.
Speaker 6: Is it the management company? Is that what you're referring to.
Speaker 15: No, it's a private owner. But she says she has a management company and this is supposed to be her.
Speaker 6: Uh, well, what's the management company's name? What do you know?
Speaker 3: Hold on a second, I'm trying to find it right now.
Speaker 6: All right, hold on, get your ducks in a row, and I'll come back to you. I promise, find me the management company. Give me a number where it just doesn't go to nothingness. I mean we've got to have something to leave a message or to talk to or something. I mean, something, my goodness, something, Now, talk about problems this landlord, Carl. You've got a problem with a tenant. An unauthorized tenant shed some light on that situation for me.
Speaker 14: Okay, I've had a tenant that's been there for about fifteen years. She's been very faithful. I have no problem with her.
Speaker 16: She has, but she's going to be moving out. And about six months ago she fell on hard times and so she had without letting letting me know, she had this guy move in and he's going to pay half the rent. Well, he has never paid her a penny, And now that she's moving out, she tells me that he's finally there. So I know that he's there, and I give him a thirty day notice that he needed to be out because I told him I was gonna in the notice that I'm going to sell the house and he needs to lean so he's.
Speaker 6: Not I wanted. So the lady is on the lease. Is she on a month to month at this point because it's been so long as she under a one year lease? And then this guy moved in and pretty much unauthorized.
Speaker 16: Absolutely unauthorized. I didn't even know what he was there.
Speaker 6: When did you find out he was there, Tennis?
Speaker 16: I found out on the eighth of last.
Speaker 6: Month, So you found out on the eighth last month. And how long do you think he was there.
Speaker 16: Four I'm guessing I don't know for sure, probably less than six months.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's still quite a way. And you want to sell the property now? Is that correct?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But and I'm sorry I missed this part when I was deciphering some of the other stuff you said. So you actually have a month to month lease with her at this point?
Speaker 16: Uh, it's just a month to month sprint alone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, so there is no lease. There actually is a lease, but it's month to month right right, Okay, Here's what I'd like to do on this. I'd like to get Brad O'Brien on Kelly. I want to ask him a couple things on a month to month and are they caught up? Are they caught up on payments or no?
Speaker 16: Absolutely, she's being very faithful.
Speaker 6: So but she doesn't owe you any money. She does not owe you any money. That's all I'm asking, No, okay, And basically what we want to figure out for you is how do you get them out of there the proper way so you can sell the property?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: That's an easy enough question. And even though it's a month to month lease, and a lot of people, especially landlords in colorado't know this. The problem is we change some of our laws a couple of years ago where you can't just get rid of the lease. In general, you simply can't do it. Even if I had a one year lease with like Henry Brett's, and he was renting an apartment or a house from me, and he was paying on time, so he doesn't owe me money, and his lease comes up, I'm not going to sell the property, but I rather get somebody else in there, because maybe a neighbor's complained about him or anything. It doesn't matter, but he is paid up. I can't simply not renew a lease. You have to, which sounds amazing, but you have to accept in some cases. And we'll go over that with Brad O'Brien.
Speaker 13: After this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 6: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 13: When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five, don't forget. You can always check us out on YouTube. You go to YouTube and you can hear us. Well, you can hear a show within this show. To put it mildly, we have a lot of chats going. In fact, I just had a hater online, a hoey. Jorge was not happy with me. He says, Oh, the show is so much better when Tom does it. It amazes me how people come on just a bit about you. I mean, it doesn't matter who you are what you do. Pretty much. I could probably cure cancer and hor Hay fifty two to eighty would still be upset with me, because you know I didn't care it quick enough. So Jorge, I made it very simple for you. Stay away, you jerk.
Speaker 10: You like that.
Speaker 6: You know I don't mind fighting with people, I really don't. I mean, you want to come on and be a jerk with me, do it. I'm going to do the same thing back to you. Fire with fire Baby, three oh three seven, one, three, eight, two five five. Now we have got Brad O'Brien. Oh well, less law on when it comes to property management, when it comes to purchasing property, when it comes to writing up a lease, when it comes to modifying a lease, looking at it, when it comes to eminent domain, when it comes to virtually anything out there that has to do with property, commercial, residential. Brad O'Brien is our go to. This guy lives and breathes it. He's one of the best attorneys around. Brad. First of all, Merry Christmas, sir. How are you doing? Brad?
Speaker 15: Great?
Speaker 2: My Christmas as.
Speaker 6: Well, Thank you sir. Now listen, Carl called up. He's a landlord. He's had the same lady in his unit for fifteen years. She doesn't owe any money. She's on basically a verbal, if you will, month to month lease at this point, okay, and what's happening is in the last six months, and I'm not actually sure I want to ask her, I want to ask I'm sorry him something. Hey, Carl, I did have a question for you. The was the relevance of telling me that guy moved in? What was the relevance of that? Is that what made you want to sell the property or is there some other relevance to that.
Speaker 16: No, I'm just ready to sell.
Speaker 6: Okay, period, So he's ready to sell, Brad, he did have she did move somebody in that was not on the lease and he just found out about it. But apparently that has nothing to do with it. But he wants to sell the property. Now, what does he have to do? I know you can only not renew under certain circumstances now, but I think one of them is if you're going to sell the property, you can do it. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 20: If someone has been a tenant for a year or longer, then you have the landlord has to have a reason to not renew their lease, so for a month, month, for fifteen years like in this case. Yeah, there has to be a valid reason. I'm the statute and the landward wanting to sell is one of those reasons.
Speaker 6: So so Carl, you can sell. What does he technically have to go through? Does he just got to tell her? Hey, I'm I mean, does he actually if she doesn't want to leave to I guess he's got to go through an eviction?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 21: Well?
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, Carl, go ahead, Brad.
Speaker 20: Yeah, there's a form, Carl.
Speaker 6: Carl, Carl, hold on, he's telling you what you got to go through.
Speaker 20: Yeah, there's a notice of no fault.
Speaker 6: All right, Carl, you know what you're going to go first, Go ahead.
Speaker 16: Okay, thank you. I fail to tell you that she is moving out on the twenty third. She after that she won't be there.
Speaker 6: Okay, But you're saying then that guy is still going to be there. What's the relevance of what you're telling us?
Speaker 16: He wants to say okay and live there free.
Speaker 6: Well nice, okay, So Brad, there was relevance to this guy moving in, even though Carl whatever. So, so he's going to be faced with this guy not moving out, so he's going to have to go through an actual eviction process if this guy doesn't want to move out, would that be correct, Brad?
Speaker 20: Yes, there's the lady tenant doesn't doesn't deserve any notice because she's going to voluntarily move out. So that's that issue is done. But this new guy who just showed up, not on the lease, not approved of the landlord, he can be evicted at any time that start with the three day notice to quit.
Speaker 6: Carl, do you have any questions on that you want help. Do you want Brad to help you and actually do the eviction properly?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you spend a few bucks and have it done properly, quite frankly if you've never done it, because this guy could be a complete nightmare. Hey, Brad, you know common sense says, if he's not on the lease, he's not paying any money. And you know this, the lady, the actual tenant, moves out. If he called the cops, I mean, here's the problem. These squatters generally know what's going on. But if the cops come out, most likely, what would happen if Carl called up and said, Hey, this guy that's not supposed to be living there is living there, and then the cops show up, and you know he's going to say, well, I've been there the last six months. What typically happens, Well, they're.
Speaker 20: Not going to put the person out without a without the court order, yeah French possession of some landlord and a red restitution being issued, and then you got to take that red restitution to the sheriff's office, and the sheriff actually is the one who physically removes the person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Carl, you got any questions. I'm going to give you Brad's number. You can call him up after this, but I highly suggest you engage with Brad and get this handled honestly. I mean you trying to do this yourself. You want to get this property sold. You're going to have a few bucks out of pocket now doing this properly. But he's going to get the order. If the guy doesn't, you know, get out of there. And Brad, when you enter into something like this, you start with the actual notice and there's a chance that this guy might move out. When that's posted, then he can move forward. In other words, you might not have to go all the way through the eviction hearing. A lot of times, right right.
Speaker 20: If the prison voluntarily moves out at any point in the eviction process, you could stop the eviction process at that time, as they've clearly abandoned the property.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so, I mean Carl literally, I would call him. If you don't want to call Brad, call a different attorney. But that's really all Brad does. He's so good at it. Do you have any other questions for him while we have him?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I have one of the questions. He's an unauthorized person, Yep, and I understand that an unauthorized person really doesn't have any rights.
Speaker 20: Well, that's mostly correct. They do have the right to be evicted through the correct civil procedures, the court procedures. They for example, a landlord is not allowed to use self help in changing the locks or turning off the utilities, or using other forceful or threatening means to get the tenant out of there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he can actually And go a little deep dive into that for a second, Brad. I mean, like, if someone in Carl's circumstance, I can imagine how he feels. He feels like he's getting ripped off, taken advantage of. I mean, really, this entire show is built around his circumstance. But if you decided, hey, I'm just going to cut the electricity off, I mean he could actually be fined.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yes, that would be an illegal eviction.
Speaker 20: So this person's in there. It doesn't have many rights, but one right right he does have is the right to do process, which is you have to go to the landoard has to go to court and run through the eviction process and then eventually get the sheriff out there who performs the actual physical eviction and removal of the person.
Speaker 6: It's a pretty wild thought, but in today's society, that's how it works. I mean, that's just how it works. You know. Back in the day, if you didn't have a lease, I mean, you would just probably walk in there and drag him out, quite frankly, and not many people would do it in the nineteen thirties or whatever. But we're just not there. So Carl, I know it's not fair, and I'm not here trying to argue against the fairness. I think it sucks. But if you don't do it the right way, ultimately you're just wasting time getting this house to market.
Speaker 16: Okay, I would like to speak with it. Brad.
Speaker 6: It's Brad. Yeah, he's at Let me give you this. I'll give you his phone number now and then when we put you on hold because I got to go to break in a minute. Anyhow, if you don't write it down right now, Kelly, O'll pick up and give it you again. But seven two zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight seven two zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight. That's olslaw dot com. Brad. One more quick question, because everybody, it's amazing how many people don't know that are actually landlords in Colorado that you simply can't decide not to renew a lease. So the reasons that I can think of is, one, if you're selling the house and they've lived there over a year, you give them how many days notice in order to sell the house or not for the renewal.
Speaker 20: Well, it's a ninety day notice, got it? The ninetieth day has to be after their tendency expires.
Speaker 9: So, got it?
Speaker 10: So you at least as yeah.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So the.
Speaker 20: Reasons for not renewing some a tenant would be the landlord wants to sell or convert it to something different, like a short term rental, got it, long term mental landlord wants to perform substantial repairs to the home that are so substantial that the tenant would have to move out.
Speaker 6: In other words, they want to rehabit. Yep.
Speaker 20: Another one is the landlord wants to move their own family member or themselves back in there.
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 20: That sometimes happens, they want to sell it. That's one reason.
Speaker 6: Hey, if they use well, hold on, I want to see if there's a loophole here. So if Carl and I'm not using him, I'm just using him.
Speaker 2: Because he called.
Speaker 6: But if Carl said, hey, my son is going to move in there, so therefore I'm going to kick you out and his son moves in for one week and then they rent it to somebody else, I mean, could they cry foul at that part or how does that work?
Speaker 20: Yeah, the landlord does have to follow through by not marketing it for rent for a period of ninety days after that ninety date most period.
Speaker 6: God, it's got to be hard to be a landlord in Colorado. Go. Henry Brett's is our guest today with Excel Roofing. He's got a question.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so that's got a question for you, Mike button Man, Dad's on through the eviction process. Does the state just expect the landlord to pay the utilities through that and eat the cost.
Speaker 20: Well, if there's a lease, the lease is the first place to look on who's responsible for utilities. Typically it makes a peutenant's responsibility. And if the landlord takes a well an eviction case all the way through trial, they can do two things through that process. One is to get possession and second is to get a money judgment award against the tenant in the favor of the landlord. That's where the landlord would recover utilities that were encouraged in the meantime.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Henry, it's a whole different thing. I know you were talking about investing in property. One of the things we learned from Barry at vest Era is they do almost nothing in Colorado. Now. Things that he does are generally out of state. They find the right economy, they find the right properties. But one of the reasons they're kind of staying away from Colorado is exactly that, man. I mean, it's kind of a crazy situation where you have a one year lease. Brad, What was the theory behind it that you can come up with? Why did the legislature actually say and come up with this? What do you think it was.
Speaker 20: Well to give people some long term certainty in their housing so that if they're renting year to year that they couldn't be the are landlard couldn't simply not not renew them and then they'd be forced to move it.
Speaker 6: But that's the whole deal they made it to beginning with the lease. It's a one year lease. Now, some leases, as you know, have options. If the lease has an option, then they have an option to rent again. But I mean I could understand circumstances. I want to buy a property. It appreciates very quick in Colorado, and I might want to sell it, or I might want to find, for lack of a better word, I might want to find better tenants, tenants that might mow the lawn, better tenants that don't you know, have complaints from the neighbors that I have to hear about. But I mean, I get it, you have nothing.
Speaker 2: To do with it.
Speaker 6: But I appreciate every time you come on, Brad. I mean you are a wealth of information landlords out there if you need someone on your side to whether it's to do the eviction right, no matter what it is, Brad O'Brien, I mean, it's simple as that the guy knows what he's doing. He lives and breathes property in Law seven two zero three seventy seventy three eighty eight. Terrence has an issue with the reverse mortgage. I'm not sure who's on three yet. One line open three oh three, Martino.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, folks, three O three seven one three A two five five. By the way, you can always check us out always always, always on our Troubleshooter network on YouTube dot com. It's like a show in a show, in fact, we interact with people. It's a really good way to watch us. And of course we're here in the car. You want to listen to us on six thirty kh O W. A lot of people didn't know this, but hey, Dragon, what's our uh? What's our HD channel ninety three point five HD two ninety three point five HD two. You can listen to us on FM if you have a tesla like I do with no AM. And then of course in Colorado Springs KRDO and Pueblo KRDO, as another boy, I think they have an FM and an AM there we're on. But anyhow, we're everywhere. And then, of course our podcast more than fifty thousand people a month. Our podcast is just the bomb Man, but that's how it works. I got two lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five if you've got a question. We're going to have an update coming up on a Mercedes soon. When Scott get in, who knows the answer for being here about one, he's okay, we're going to have an update on that Mercedes and I'll recap. But it's a crazy update. The guy basically said he was the guy set a shop, broke his steering column and his car wouldn't start. There was all kinds of problems and the shop said, no, we didn't do anything wrong. It ended up over at Mercedes of Denver and got repaired. The repair was over three thousand dollars, and we're going to find out what Mercedes of Denver thought and what Scott figured out. Was it the original shop's fault. Was it because the vehicle was old and it was a coincidence, But you get the idea. We're going to dig into that, and honest to god, I have no idea. I personally have no idea what the update is I'm going to hear along with you guys. Now it looks like Terrence was next. Oh he just dropped off, So it looks like Janet is up. She's got a comment on the landlord issue. What's your comment, Janet?
Speaker 16: Yeah, Mark, I just.
Speaker 22: Was wondering if the lady that is actually on the lease has a responsibility for the tenant that she brought in that the landlord is going to have to now remove.
Speaker 6: Well, I think she would. Honestly, he could probably go after that. In fact, i'm pretty sure Brad O'Brien would agree with this, and I'm doing this just for a memory off of calls that were similar. He could go after her maybe for any damages, like if he kicked the wall or did anything like that, or he could go after her for breaking the lease and go after in eviction. But she's moving out. But if there was damages directly due to him and she's the one that led him in, I'm sure he could. But I'm not so sure there's any damages. I mean, can you imagine, Janet, the audacity of someone just saying, Hey, I'm just going to stay here and not pay you anything. It's really crazy. But in this day, we hear these stories all over the country all the time. The more liberal the city, the more we hear them as well.
Speaker 22: Well, it's an entitled it's an entitled country anymore, so I guess we shouldn't be shocked.
Speaker 6: No, it's really crazy, though, to think that we have one listener on YouTube that had a guy move into I forget the guy's name. I might be Dave H. But honestly I don't remember who it is. But listen to this. He had like a detached garage from his house, and the detached garage is kind of in an alley in Denver. I would assume like the trash truck goes through the alley, stuff like that. But some dude moved into his detached garage and locked the doors and simply wouldn't leave. Do you remember that?
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 6: It was crazy, and I'm like, well, go down there, and I think I jokingly said I'd bring my German shepherd down there and throw him in there and see who comes out first.
Speaker 7: So what are his solutions in that situation?
Speaker 6: Well, he called the cops, and the cops said, we can't do anything. We're not going to forcibly remove him, so he had to go through an eviction process. He had to evict a homeless guy that moved into his garage without him knowing.
Speaker 7: So what's the timeframe to call it breaking and entering that?
Speaker 6: I can't tell you. Tom and I have argued about that. I have always said, and here's the deal. We go on vacation, we come home two weeks later and there's someone in my house getting mail. Yeah, there's someone in my house. I've always said this. I'm shooting first and asking questions later. That's it. That's what I'm doing. I'm not going to ask him how long you been there? What's going on? He's in my house, make my day. It's just the way it goes. Right now. I would assume it's still legal. That's not legal advice to you. But I'm shooting first and asking questions later because they should not be in my house. I don't know the answer to that. It's one thing if someone has a lease and they stop paying rent, or the landlord claims they stop paying rent, Maybe they didn't. Maybe the landlord just wants them out. I'm sure that's happened before, but it's one thing to do something like that, where they were allowed to be there at one time. But the case Henry of this guy in the it's just nuts. It's a homeless guy that literally moved into his garage and he couldn't get rid of them. The cops wouldn't get rid of them, nobody.
Speaker 9: I have a comment on that.
Speaker 11: On our properties, we had homeless coming in and we could.
Speaker 9: Police advised us to put up no trust passing signs.
Speaker 11: So with the no trust passing signs, my sister and I were able to call the police, and with the no trust passing sign the.
Speaker 9: Police will act.
Speaker 11: But without a no trust passing sign posted on the property, they won't.
Speaker 9: They won't do anything.
Speaker 2: Think of how crazy that. That's incredible.
Speaker 6: And that was going into your house, not just your garage.
Speaker 11: It was going into the common area of the apartment.
Speaker 6: Okay, I got it wasn't actually a dwell so it wasn't a dwelling. It was basically the hallway, the.
Speaker 9: Hallway or storage shed next to the building.
Speaker 6: How many properties do you have around if you don't mind sharing? In Colorado's all I care about. I have several six six rentals and three apartment pack and you're literally thinking, how long have you had him, got him forty years. Okay, I'm going to tell people after this break, Janet, I appreciate your call. Hey, we do have lines open. First time today. You need some help. I want to hear from you. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, which you here with bo is most likely doing forty years, forty years he's had property hold tight.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, listen, we have got a lot cooking. Next hour, we're gonna have some updates. I got some open lines three oh three Martino three zero three seven one three eight two five five. Also, I put a poll up on our YouTube channel and the majority of people think the government's gonna shut down tomorrow. But it was a lot closer than I thought. I think it was like fifty six forty four. I'm pretty sure we're going to have a government shut down tomorrow. And this all happened pretty quickly when you know, basically the administration coming in decided they didn't want to have all the pork in it. I mean, simple as that. There's all kinds of reasons that that bill got wiped, and I hoped the Republicans stick together and you know, just get it done, get a new bill. But that's it. We've got a lot more coming up. In fact, we just had to have their deputy walk in. It's a good time to call with any problems. Three to zho three Martino. We'll see you guys in a few minutes.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help.
Speaker 6: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 13: When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 17: New needed that who you don't have?
Speaker 4: Run anxious as fast as you can. No shoots gonna come.
Speaker 5: Man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Welcome.
Speaker 6: My friends to the only show of his kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, try to make your life a little bit better. Maybe you got a banned landlord. Got We had a lot of landlord calls the first two hours. Maybe a contractor ripped you off. Maybe you got a problem with an auto mechanic, any kind of malicious merchant. You get it, You get it. That's what the show's about. Over three hundred million dollars. Think of that number, and it's actually a lot more than that, but that's the number we put on it right now, three hundred million dollars over a forty five year period in cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds, services directly due to this show. You got a problem, pick up that phone right now. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three Ozho three Martino. I do want to tell you about Paul the water man. Susanna and I had him out. It's been probably five or six months now, had a water softener put in. Suzanna absolutely loves it. I love it. It's actually a lot lower maintenance that I ever thought. All you really do is add salt maybe every four or five months. I mean, we've never let it get down to like empty. But there's really no maintenance to it. The water quality is so much better. It's remarkable, and it's good for the pipes everything else. It really is. But water Pros has these systems half the cost of the other guys. In fact, if you've been looking at a system and had a quote, call these guys and I bet you anything, they're half the price, if not more, waterpros dot net. You can also get point of use systems that are right there, but you get the idea waterpros dot net. Paul's the owner, is a great guy.
Speaker 12: I was just going to ask you, Mark, I know when we first got it, you were concerned about like the changing the taste of the water and whatnot.
Speaker 17: You haven't noticed anything, have you.
Speaker 6: I don't notice any change. It's so weird when you add salt to something but the water doesn't go through there, It's just crazy. I kind of always thought that. But no, there's absolutely no change in the water. What so ever, Deputy Dmitri joins us. What's up?
Speaker 18: Deputy d hey Mark got an update on that weird RV case. Remember the guy who's homeless lived in his RV. The police came tracked him down one night, he took his tools.
Speaker 6: They shot a tracking dart into Denver, was chasing him down. Yeah, he claimed that no one, he didn't see him and apparently they put a tracking dart in the RV.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and then they eventually made use of that tracking dart came and got him hauled away to the slammer, hauled away his RV impounded it. When he got out of the slammer in Denver, he said that he was extra dited out to I want to say Missouri.
Speaker 6: I think it was Missouri, he.
Speaker 18: Claims for a traffic ticket. But date on extra date on a traffic ticket. No, that was that was Deputy Choppers observation. In an email that he sent me, he also mentioned that DPD is not going to shoot a tracking dart into a vehicle for moving violation, for a traffic ticket.
Speaker 6: So that something was sketchy about this guy in every place.
Speaker 18: Oh, he didn't even know. Remember, he said he didn't even know what jail he went to.
Speaker 6: He didn't even know what police arrested him.
Speaker 18: No, he didn't know which city impounded as RV.
Speaker 6: So he did know, ye, the color of his shoes, because I asked him that, because he knew nothing else.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we don't know that for a fact, we haven't seen his shoes yet, that's true. But so I called. I started with Aurora Police.
Speaker 6: But the whole reason he was calling was because he had a bunch of tools.
Speaker 18: Yeah, apparently he ekes out a meager living using these tools. And he said either two or four thousand dollars worth of power tools something. Either way, it's a lot of tools and they were important to him, so I wanted to help him find them. He gave up on getting the RV back, and that's probably a good thing, because I doubt he has insurance. I mean, he doesn't sound like a really responsible guy.
Speaker 6: I don't even think the RV ran at this point. And he also said he didn't care about the RV.
Speaker 2: Wasn't really his.
Speaker 19: Yeah, he didn't that from salvage or bought it from the storage unit dragons.
Speaker 18: Absolutely right, he has He has a bill of sale, which is enough to prove ownership. But unfortunately for him, he never registered it, nor.
Speaker 6: Did the people that sold it to him.
Speaker 18: Yeah, because they it was abandoned in their storage yards, so they didn't register it either.
Speaker 6: No, but they should have win through and did it properly. Then they would have had a title to transfer to him, or at least to give to him.
Speaker 18: Yeah. He says that they did go to court get some He describes it as some kind of paperwork, but he doesn't have the title. But that's not going to make any difference anyway, because he has neither a title nor a registration in his name. And that's going to become really important here in a minute. Aurora police told me that they don't have the RV. Where is it? It's in Denver. So I use this website. I forgot what it's called, but you can plug in a ven number or a license plate and it will tell you which impound yard has your RV or your vehicle. I so I tracked it down to Denver and you know, I contacted the Sheriff's office who operates at in pound Yard, and they told me they really took my request very seriously, and they told me that they're not going to let the guy in because their policy is you have to be the registered owner of a vehicle for them to let you go in and remove personal property from this view.
Speaker 6: And if you recall, I kind of had this conversation with you on air because I was like, man, all he's got is his bill, this receipt, and I could make that on any computer in ten seconds.
Speaker 18: That's what they told me. Yeah, they said that they do, you know, in curse some kind of liability and they're really concerned about that.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 18: In by contrast, however, I spoke with Aurora to see what their policy is, and they told me they would have accepted just that bill of sale.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, but there's no gang members running around in Aurora.
Speaker 18: Well not anymore. I think they nabbed them all over there from the pick him up in a couple of days ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nineteen of them, you know, grabbing people's fingernails, the whole bit, right.
Speaker 18: Yeah, But according to the mayor of Aurora, there's no gang problem and According to him, the problem lies with the so called slumlord that operates the edge of lowry apartments.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's running around trying to collect ramp by ripping off people's fingernails. Is that what he's trying to say there?
Speaker 18: I you know, I'm not sure, but it's a mess. But anyway to get back to this guy's RV. So my contact at the Denver Sheriff's office went. She's a very nice lady. She's very sympathetic to this guy's cause. And she actually spoke with the sheriff himself, and the sheriff said that he has no authority to waive this policy. The RV is going to be scrapped. It's not suitable for resale.
Speaker 6: Not at all. What do they do with the contents?
Speaker 18: Well, it's going to get hauled away to the scrapyard.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so whatever's in it's in it. Yeah, whatever's in it is in it.
Speaker 18: Now she is going to find out what scrapyard is going to go to because I have some content. You know, I'm in the recycling industry and so I know I'm personal friends with a bunch of guys at various scrap yards. So if I find out where it's going. If it's one of the yards where I have my personal contacts, I'll call and say, hey, Joe, can you let me into this thing?
Speaker 6: How does that work? When something like an RV goes over even a car, I mean, at some point someone's got to go through it looking for stuff. I mean, why wouldn't they?
Speaker 18: Oh they do, because they do find I've seen the process they calmbed through the vehicle. Would because they get money, they get tools, they get guns, they get all kinds of stuff that's that's.
Speaker 6: Valuable, especially in an RV. Who knows what's.
Speaker 18: Especially in RV. Now, I would be afraid to go into an RV without a hazmat suit because of the math. Especially yeah, I mean you know, because you can touch something or you can stir up dust and die.
Speaker 2: Even in Colorado.
Speaker 18: No, he's still, he is still he can't get a bus ticket. He's I believe he's in Kansas City, so he hasn't been able to even get a bus ticket. But he has a brother and an aunt out here, and they were willing to go out and pick up the tools. The poor guy, I mean, Daniel, I don't know what his background is. It's probably not really bright. But uh, he's not. The long story is he's not He's not getting there. He he's not getting his tools.
Speaker 11: I've got a question about this cemetri So you were able to find this website where you could punch us cool, then number, is it possible we can find out who the original owner of the r V is and we can contact him to get up.
Speaker 18: Not through that website.
Speaker 6: But I'm not gonna have a nickel though. He can't afford a bus ticket, let alone to register something.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 18: Also, we're probably even if we track down the titled owner of this vehicle, that's the owner who abandoned it in the first place. That person is either dead or in jail or something move you know, So I don't think it's a good idea of both. It's not going to do us any goods.
Speaker 6: That's insane.
Speaker 18: So unfortunately, cases closed just a couple of days before Christmas. The guy's not going to get his tools.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he's not even here to get him if you did get it figured out, that's the other part. I guess we could have put his tool somewhere.
Speaker 18: Well, I would have given it. He he has this aunt and brother living here in the Metro area. I would have given the tools to them. That sucks, it does.
Speaker 6: I don't know what else you would do, though, honestly, without proof of ownership, there'd be so many things going on all right, three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. I'm going to ask you guys, so I don't need to answer right now. But it's that time of year you start thinking how much am I going to give to the trash guy? How much am I going to give to the maids? How much am I going to give to whomever?
Speaker 18: To the deputies, to the deputies.
Speaker 6: Oh lord, oh did I ask for it here? But really, the one I was thinking about is our trash. How much do you give to the trash guys? And what do you do if the trash guys literally have been changed out four five six times over the last year, two or three different companies, different people all the time. I might be tipping someone that's never been there before, and then it's not like I'm going to give it to them and they're going to track down the person that usually is. But I'd like your thoughts on that.
Speaker 13: After this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 13: Contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. I asked about tipping and what do you give your garbage guy? I just want to ask these guys. First of all, I think I can tell if people are good tippers or not. I honestly can just by kind of looking at them. It's not fair with Suzanne, because you know, we've been together for thirty one years, so you know, but I can look at Dmitri. If I ever asked you about tipping every no zero, that's the first time I heard of it, and then yeah, that's it. Never have bo if I asked you.
Speaker 9: This is mark major first for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know that's pretty much it. Henry, have we ever talked about tipping Henry Brats excel roofing. So I'm so I'm going to say a good tip, let's all agree on good, better, best or no, let's agree on Let's do it like chili. It's gonna be mild, medium, or hot. That's how we're going to do it. So I would say a mild tip would be under ten percent, Okay, A medium tip, I'm going to say, is going to be eighteen percent. And a good tip I'm going to say, is that what do you guys think? Twenty five? Thirty five? Dragon? I see you in there. What's what's your idea.
Speaker 2: Of a good tip? Well, I'm a medium at best, Yeah, but.
Speaker 6: What's an idea of what will you consider a good tip?
Speaker 2: Fifteen to eighteen?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 2: Fit?
Speaker 6: No, but that's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 17: Hot tip, mild, medium, and hot mark.
Speaker 6: A hot tip would be what thirty percent or twenty or above? Thirty percent or above? That's good. So I'm going to say, Dmitri is a mild tip?
Speaker 15: Ro am?
Speaker 18: I right, No, Well wait a minute, it's twenty percent for a server? Is that mild?
Speaker 6: I say that's medium?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 18: Is that what you always give I automatically just I mean, I'm less service route.
Speaker 6: You hit the button twenty percent.
Speaker 18: I usually just do it in my head now because normally I get a check, a paper check, and then I pay with a card and then sign the receiver.
Speaker 6: What do you do for a trash guy.
Speaker 18: I don't have my own trash guy because I live in a common area and there's dumpster.
Speaker 6: So you don't pay a trash gug. How about a mail person the USPS.
Speaker 18: There, Well, I use a po box.
Speaker 6: What about a maid? I think he's living his life to get out of tips.
Speaker 18: Think of all the money I saved my country.
Speaker 11: And he's a recycler, so he doesn't need to assume you don't have a maid.
Speaker 18: I don't have a maid.
Speaker 6: Who else, Woody tip? Your hair person?
Speaker 18: Oh well she oh that's a huge So she just so the barbershopper. I go. She charges twenty four dollars, but I always give her a check for forty five.
Speaker 2: That is a huge test.
Speaker 6: That's a hot tip.
Speaker 18: That's because because I think she really underprices her service.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean a cheap haircut now at you know, sports clips or wherever is like forty bucks.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so I just always. I just always pay forty five.
Speaker 6: And dragon, you said fifteen to eighteen. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty much. I'm pretty cheap.
Speaker 19: How about a trash guy pay the trash company. The trash company pays the trash guy.
Speaker 6: Okay, how about the mailman mail woman person?
Speaker 19: I haven't mailed anything with USPS and I don't know how long, so zero nothing, all right, Henry Brats, you're in your twenties.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I think personally people in their twenties grew up a little different than we did. Everything was like fifteen percent up until basically COVID in my life, and everything changed after that. But you kind of grew up through this entire deal. So what's a good tip to you if you if you go to I don't know any given restaurant, nothing fancy, not McDonald's, a normal, you know, Applebee's kind of thing. What do you tip?
Speaker 8: My go to is usually twenty and my rule of thumb is I have to sit down and they have to do something. But it feels like there's a lot of pressure to tip on nothing.
Speaker 6: Okay, Starbucks, do you tip the barista?
Speaker 8: So that's a funny one you bring up because I went to a coffee shop and I got a coke and I got went and got it out of the refrigerator and went and paid for it.
Speaker 6: And they want to tip.
Speaker 7: I got a lot of heat for not tipping on that.
Speaker 18: Well, what's a.
Speaker 6: Lot of heat? How they call you out? I'm curious.
Speaker 8: I just heard about it later because of course the you know, cashier is a friend of a friend, and then I was called a cheap tipper for not giving him a tip on like an yeah, I mean.
Speaker 18: Yeah, there's a line between a tip and a handout.
Speaker 6: Would I never tipped?
Speaker 18: That's a handout, a tip the garbage person.
Speaker 6: And the problem is he gets tip shamed. That's exactly what he's saying.
Speaker 8: That's the pressure I feel. But with a garbage person, I mean our garbage person. He takes out like overflowing garbage. He leaves us a Christmas card. We usually give him a hundred bucks in a nice thank you at the end of the year.
Speaker 6: Damn you look at this kid rolling in the dough.
Speaker 8: He's been the same guy for the past couple of years and we know him by name, and he takes care of all of our trash.
Speaker 6: Well, he take electronics, everything pretty much. Okay, if I had him, I might. I tried to throw a TV away one time and the damn thing ended up on my curb four weeks in a row. They dig it out of the trash and put it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't know a single time that we've left something out there he hasn't taken.
Speaker 6: So you put it like an old college fridge out there, he's going to take it. Yes, Okay, you know what I would tip that guy one hundred bucks.
Speaker 19: I have heard for like a food surface. Though, if you are standing, people are not going You're standing when you order, people are not going to tip, So if you're sitting then they will not.
Speaker 6: At Starbucks, people seem the tip all the time, tru I don't. I'd never tip at a McDonald's ever.
Speaker 2: I feel like you drive through.
Speaker 6: Do I tip through the drive through?
Speaker 17: Yeah? Like Starbucks? Oh, it's Santiago's.
Speaker 6: That's our main That's the only drive through we'll go through is maybe Santiago's for a breakfast burrito. I'll usually leave a dollar. I don't care how much it was, I'll give one dollar.
Speaker 1: Okay, We've tipped our trash people the same thing for the last twenty something years and how much is that? Usually I make pumpkin bread and then I give them a six pack of IPA.
Speaker 2: She throws away a full case of beer.
Speaker 17: That's sweet.
Speaker 15: Wow. What about you?
Speaker 13: Bo?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Bo?
Speaker 6: What's your are you?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 6: First of all, I'm gonna look at Bow and say he's a good tipper. I'm gonna say he's in that twenty five plus on a normal restaurant.
Speaker 9: I'm a medium tipper.
Speaker 6: Okay, good, good?
Speaker 9: You know your trash guy.
Speaker 11: I tip about twenty twenty five dollars because I have an acre ground and I'm always setting up us put out four trap line and leaf bags, but a lot of times I put out eight to ten.
Speaker 9: But I'm always there to help them load it up.
Speaker 6: Our newest trash company we have in Franktown. And everybody's got a different trash company. So when I say frank Town, we just that's where we're at. Our new one has been exceptional lately. I don't think they've missed one thing. But three months ago, prior to them, it was the worst damn trash ever. So I guess I'll probably I don't know what are we going to tip to trash game?
Speaker 22: I don't know.
Speaker 17: You usually make that call and.
Speaker 6: Then what points the cutoff? Here's another one, so like our trash comes on what Wednesdays? That's right, that's Christmas?
Speaker 17: Right, Yeah, but you can give a year end.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, but I'm saying, I mean, if you miss the cutoff, I mean, are you free and clear?
Speaker 17: No, because they'll come Thursday.
Speaker 6: So they'll come day after.
Speaker 17: Where I find you keep where you're a cheap tipper.
Speaker 12: I don't mean this as any offense to you, but I'm always a.
Speaker 6: Little surprised strip joints were true.
Speaker 17: When we go to hotels maids.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I'm like, I always think, oh gosh, we at least to leave them like five to ten dollars a day.
Speaker 17: I'm sure I'm over tipping.
Speaker 6: Oh sure, here's where I am with that, if it's great service in the hotel. But how many times just the last hotel we were at.
Speaker 17: Green Valley Ranch, I'm talking about the maid.
Speaker 6: I'm talking the last hotel we were at. It was a few days ago. Yeah, Well they didn't come. Their maid never showed up.
Speaker 17: Every other day and we were there two nights.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't like talking every other day.
Speaker 17: I talk about like when we go to Vegas.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and you know we're staying in a nice hotel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some times I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Don't those maids get paid though? Of course they do. Well, of course you got to be up to you.
Speaker 1: Well, so I worked in a hotel for seven and a half years, and unfortunately, I'm going to give you guys some bad news. They actually have to pull their tips, so.
Speaker 6: You're not even tipping if it's cash.
Speaker 8: I can't imagine that they'll pull them, right, yeah, if it's cash, it.
Speaker 2: Goes in the pocket.
Speaker 1: Depends.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I don't know. I think that last one at Green Valley, I might have left the equivalent of ten bucks. Okay, I think I did. We left it so bad, we left all the change we acquired over the trip. I left some of those those betting tickets that you don't want to walk to go cash in because they're for like a dollar or whatever.
Speaker 1: They're form like in the casino or is it just all tickets?
Speaker 6: Well, the table games are chips, yeah, tossam a ship for poker. Yeah, so those are all chips. But everything else, slot machines, video poker, everything like that is they print these damn tickets out so you could end up with you know, five of these tickets are like eighty six cents each, so I left those. I left the actual Look at Dmitri over there, shaking his head.
Speaker 18: Go ahead, No, I think that's a really good idea. God, I mean, you know who pays out? What kind of a game do you play that pays out eighty six cents?
Speaker 6: Buffalo? We were chasing the buffalo? No, all kinds of slot machine machine? Yeah, all kinds of games. Okay, yeah, it's just under it doesn't matter what they pay out.
Speaker 12: It's a it's a penny slot machine where it's ten dollars a roll, but you get eighty cents back.
Speaker 2: Ohez.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so the penny slot machines. This as funny as hell. The average penny slot machine is eight dollars a pull, so you it's eight bucks a pull. So when you get below you put one hundred in. You get below eight dollars, then you bet seven six, five, and then pretty soon you can't bet any less and you're down to eighty cents.
Speaker 18: Wait, but I thought a penny slot machine means you only need a penny to Oh.
Speaker 6: Hell, it's very I don't even penny slot machines. I, for the life of me, I have no idea why they're called penny slat machines. I've never played one.
Speaker 12: There eight dollars like you get the it's an eight hundred cent pull.
Speaker 17: Yeah, are your max benefit?
Speaker 1: Okay, I haven't been. I haven't been to Vegas in light ten years. Do they still have the video poker at the bar?
Speaker 6: It's our favorite, it's our favorite thing that really they still have those? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Oh and it's a quarter pole for the video.
Speaker 6: Oh hell no. I hit a five times when we were out there. Uh, not even two weeks ago, three weeks ago. So picture video poker. But instead of just one one five card, okay, you get five and the bottom one, whatever you keep, you get on the other four.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Now the stuff you're going to trade in and get something else is different. On every hand, I got four aces and like a jack, so I kept the four aces, which keeps them on all five hands, and then on two of them, I had a two and a four that paid. I cashed out. It's seventeen or eighteen. Yeah, that was the best hand I've ever had in video pok But each hand, each hand I was playing was not a quarter. Each hand was probably ten bucks, five bucks somewhere?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 11: Can you still just put a quarter in the machine?
Speaker 6: There's one?
Speaker 9: How long it's been since I've been.
Speaker 6: There's a casino downtown Vegas? Where where's there one? Where's the one? I like playing a.
Speaker 12: Poker El Cortes or El Cortes at blackjack, not poker?
Speaker 20: Right?
Speaker 7: Do you task from a ship when you play poker?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 6: If I told you my Vegas toss in a chip story?
Speaker 17: Yes, Henri, when you play poker, you got chips?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do they have single deck block jock anymore?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 6: They do well, double deck. There might be a single deck, but hold on. Someone asked about the quarters. The El Cortes has a few machines that you literally still put change in three oh three seven one three A two five five cliff. I promise I'll come to you after this.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right three three seven one three A two five five. Just talk about tipping reminded me of something. I'm not proud of this moment, but it didn't happen. So this this dates me back thirty one years. It's the year as Suzanna and I got married. We were in Colorado. We lived in I think we actually lived in Littleton, Yeah, we did. I remember our jack came over to our Littleton apartment. Our priest came over and wanted to talk to us where he'd marry his stuff like them. So my bachelor party comes up right before the wedding. My cousins fly out, and my cousins say, oh, we got to bring you to a strip joint. So they look up and they find the Diamond Cabaret, and back then I don't even know if it's around anymore, but back then it was next to a fancy steakhouse. So you had like this fancy steakhouse and a strip bar, and I don't think i'd ever. I don't think i'd been to a strip bar prior to that. I don't think so. So I had a bunch of ones. Remember we're going way back and we're sitting around and the girl comes up, and I didn't really know how it works, but they basically do their dance. They got the poll, they're doing the thing, and then they come over and they basically pull their g string over and you put a dollar in. So I run out of dollars. Okay, I got a five, So I'm thinking, there's no way I'm going to give the girl a five. I've been giving dollars. I mean, that's insane. That's five times the amount I've been giving. But I figured it was a new girl that came up. They kind of rotate, so she comes over. I don't have anything to give her. So now I feel bad. I look in I only got a five. I'm not going to give her five because it's ridiculous. So I came up with an idea that I thought was great. I tore the five into three pieces, but I gave her all three pieces, so therefore she got actually more than the other women got. The dollar, right, I mean, it just makes sense right at the end, which I didn't realize she did. She takes them out and she kind of folded them and threw them down and saw the ones that were tore, and she called me out in front of the entire little stage area, like you cheap bastard? How dare you give me a part of money? And I'm trying to explain to her, but I gave you all three parts. You just got to tape them together. But live and letler Mark. I think you should have just and I want to know what my wife had to say there. Please if the gal.
Speaker 12: Is listening and remembers, and please call in seven with three top seven one three talk call them a big jerk.
Speaker 18: I'm just glad you didn't say that you try to get change out of her g string strap.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna come up next. Oh my goodness, I thought you were gonna exchange it somewhere. I was just waiting for where.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, how old are you? I just got to ask you. Okay, so you have or haven't been to the Strip bar. I know it's dad's country here and there, so is that a big thing now for kids?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Not really I mean, no, it's expensive.
Speaker 17: Fans old or whatever they call it. I always get it wrong. Is it fans only your only fan?
Speaker 2: It is free? Why go to a strip club?
Speaker 6: I don't know? So much worse and it's got It costs so much money these days. I don't even know what a typical like. It was a dollar back in the day. What is it now? I'm sure you know it on trans so I'm sure you know how much to tip a stripper? How much?
Speaker 18: Oh you know? I haven't been to a strip joint in a long time?
Speaker 6: Okay, Scott, I'm sure you know, Scott. Dollars? Okay, Bo, come on, Bo.
Speaker 9: Last time and went.
Speaker 11: To a strip club it was my bachelor party thirty five years ago.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it was fifty that's like me.
Speaker 2: Oh, where was that was?
Speaker 6: At Kennedy? Half dollar in Canada? Get fifty cents? Get out of here. Three O three seven one three A two five five. I love before the holidays we get to talk about everything. But what's going on with this mail order issue?
Speaker 2: Cliff?
Speaker 6: Yes, hello, yes, Cliff, go ahead, sir, Hey, I just.
Speaker 23: Wanted to bounce this offiense if you had any thoughts. Sure, My wife and I recently, just before Thanksgiving, ordered to custom made the doormat off of.
Speaker 6: Some pop up website.
Speaker 23: I think it was on Facebook, Marketplace or something.
Speaker 6: What did it say? I'm curious? What's the part?
Speaker 23: Oh, it just had pictures of our dogs and our dogs names.
Speaker 6: Oh that's kind of cool. So you would upload the pictures they basically printed out on some kind of matt and ship it to you.
Speaker 23: Yeah, basically, at.
Speaker 6: Least that's how it's supposed to work. So what happened, Well, we.
Speaker 23: Got the matt, and I'm not complaining about that, But what has happened is, all of a sudden, now our address is being used for a fake company.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Like what and why do you associate it with that? Hold on, I've got a lot of unpacking that whole.
Speaker 13: Tight go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, feel free to chime in on the conversation. This time of year is interesting. It really is a lot of times this time of year. We do have a lot of guests. Usually I have to leave in this time of year. In fact, Susanne, see if he wants to come in tomorrow, we'll have a full house. But I'd love to see to leve in here. In fact, for years and years, I would always have to leave in this time of year. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now we're going to see where this mail order issue goes. But Cliff, he ordered a matt like a front door matt, wipe your feet on a custom money paid for it. But now he's getting someone's using your house as their business address. Correct.
Speaker 23: Yeah, we've been getting mail from the I R. S and Stay of Colorado. They literally set up a business called chen Land Inc.
Speaker 6: Why do you think it has anything to do with this this mat? You order this doormat.
Speaker 21: Well.
Speaker 23: Two reasons is ordering something like that is typically we don't do that.
Speaker 21: Yeah, we buy things.
Speaker 23: We usually buy it off Amazon or some reportable website. Sure, it was just a pop up and we thought, hey, just as a lark, let's buy this. The other reason is the package came direct from China.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 23: I And then the name of the business is chen Land. So you know, I'm just kind of connecting the dot.
Speaker 6: If you go to just out of curiosity, if you go to Colorado's Secretary of State, which I'm doing right now, how do you spell hold on? I'm almost there. How do you actually spell that business? Spell it for me?
Speaker 23: E n la n chen Land?
Speaker 6: Two words are one word? I believe it's one word chen Land. Let me see something. Yeah, wow, there is one. And let me ask you this, This would be wacky. Let me look at here are you on Oakland?
Speaker 15: Indeed?
Speaker 6: Yes, look at that. Not only not only did they set it up, but they took the time to go to the Colorado Secretary of State and do it. That is so interesting. We have heard this, I mean, it really is a scam. We've heard this before, but I don't think I've dealt with this since COVID. During COVID, this was popping up all the time. The other thing that would pop up is these unemployment things. I mean, it was crazy. Any company I have owned, and that's a lot of companies pre COVID, I mean they were all people claiming unemployment on companies that I shut down ten years ago. I mean it was crazy, and they were all coming to my house. And then we also had a bunch coming like this. I don't know what you can do besides reach out to the Secretary of State. And I'm not a big Jenna Griswold fan.
Speaker 7: Let me chime in real quick, go ahead, is this business listed on Google? Or where are you finding this?
Speaker 6: Well, he's just getting mail in his mailbox, so anything directed to chen Lab you're getting right. I'm trying to think of an attorney I could ask about this. It's been so long, suits we tell you, Yeah, let's see if we can get Brad O'Brien on, because I forget, I honestly forget what the downside was, if there even was one, besides getting all the mail and what.
Speaker 18: Is this mail? Bills or letters from the irs?
Speaker 6: What kind of man irs? For sure, we'll ask him after this, everybody hold tight.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: D news You needed that who you don't have to.
Speaker 19: Come?
Speaker 4: Run anxious as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Welcome to the only show off.
Speaker 2: It's Ken.
Speaker 6: We're here to solve problems, answer questions. Uh, you know what. It's right before the holidays too. We're here to have a good time. Hopefully everybody's gonna have nice holidays coming up of Merry Christmas, all that good stuff. But if you do have a problem, you can reach us three L three seven one three eight two five five. We had a pretty interesting call. We're going to dive back into and we're going to get to the bottom of it. But someone set up a corporation, or at least in LLC. I didn't look at the exact thing at Cliff's house, and it's on the Secretary of State. I looked it up. Sure enough, it's there, and it's a pretty interesting call. It's definitely no matter what, it's definitely identity theft for sure. But I also want to talk to our guest. You know, Henry's been chiming in all day, Henry Brett's excel roofing. I mean, these guys, they're the best roof around. I mean, I can't say much more than that. The family has done so well for Suzanne and I. I mean, any issue we've ever had, and the only issues we ever had with the roof that we had put on is we wanted more snowguards and they came out one year and put on heat tape and stuff like that. But they actually sold us a roof that's heilproof. All my neighbors had claims in the last year or two, we had none. Everything bounced off at Henry, I mean literally bounced off of it. And what that allowed me to do is, of course I saved some money on my premiums for insurance, but I was also able to raise my deductible because I don't worry about it. You guys did that roof on my barn, and you did that roof on our house, so and the hail bounces off. Literally both my neighbors had to have roofs done where I had no damage whatsoever. It's pretty incredible. But what these guys are doing right now is your gutter cleaning.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so thank you, Tom Mark. I really appreciate all that we have been in business for thirty years.
Speaker 6: That's incredible. And actually the roof the business that might be a record.
Speaker 7: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 8: And when customers are looking for a contractor, they really need someone who's going to stick around and stand behind their work, because anyone will just come and install a roof for you, but who's going to come back when it leaks or if you haven't any issues down the road. That's really what you need in a contractor. And just touching on that gutter cleaning that you mentioned.
Speaker 6: So hold on in there. I want to touch base on something there what he's saying, and a lot of people don't realize this. They think these companies are in here. There's companies out of Texas, Florida, Oklahoma. They literally go where the storms are. They're called storm chasers, and that is their entire business model. So they'll come through four or five days after the storm and literally knock on your door and say, hey, we're doing your neighbor's roof or whatever whatever song and dance they have to do in order to basically get you to sign a contract. They might say, well, wave your deductible. They might say this, they might say that, but their entire, the entire scope of business they do is to follow the storms. So let's say they actually do do a roof, and you know, it's not a bad job. It's just a normal job, and the roof's done, and maybe you saved your deductible. When you do have a problem, the problem is they're nowhere in the state there wherever the hell the next storm is. They could be in Florida. You're not going to see them for any warranty issues on the labor. You're not going to see them at all, most likely until there's another storm at your house. And we call them door knockers. Or stormchasers, and that's literally what they do. And I would say most of the large, large nationwide roofing companies, that is literally their business model. They follow the storm, that's it. They don't live here like you and your family live here. They're not here to come over and help someone if there is an issue a couple months later or even three years later. They're not here for any of that because they're not even in the state. That's why it's important to you. Somebody. It's like hiring a guy to remodel your bathroom that lives in Florida. It makes no sense. What's he going to fly out here do it. Two weeks later one of the sinks is dripping. You think he's going to fly out and fix it. It's not going to happen. But I just wanted people to really understand how most roofing company's work.
Speaker 8: Absolutely and then as far as our warranty goes, there's a lot of companies out there, they'll get super nitty gritty, tried to deny warranty claims, all that kind of stuff. We really stand behind our work. We want to make sure that our customers are happy and everyone's treated fairly.
Speaker 6: And one of the reasons you guys can do that is because your relationships with the vendors, and I mean the relationships where you buy shingles. I mean, my god, you probably buy more shingles than any other company in Colorado. So if there's an issue, these guys are like, hey, you know, we just spent a couple million dollars with you this year. You need to make this right for our customer. If it's a material issue, you know, if it's one of your laborers, you make it right. Period. But yeah, absolutely, where a lot of people don't have that, you hire you know, you hire Joe Blow And even if he does live here in Colorado, he's got no pull with these companies. He might order one thousand bucks worth of stuff a year. You guys are spending millions. Keep going, I keep cutting you off with some of this.
Speaker 8: It's all good stuff. So I'm I'm thankful for all the kind of words. And while you're right, we do do a higher volume. The reason that we're doing that is because we take care of each and every customer at such a high level.
Speaker 6: Oh you repeat, businesses remarkable.
Speaker 8: And the way we have everything structured in our company is to make sure that every customer receives that quality, and that's really where we focus. And so coming into the winter here a lot of leaves have been falling. We are offering a special just for Martino listeners, and if you call up, you have to make sure you let us know that this is the Tom Martino Special. It's a one hundred and ninety nine dollars total leaning. So the first story is one hundred and ninety nine dollars and then the second story is so two hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 6: So I tell people this all the time when I'm doing your commercials, I use you guys for gutter cleaning. I bought a brand new I don't even remember what it's called, gutter helmet, whatever it is when we first moved in because we have pine needles everywhere. I got one hundred foot trees around our house and the pine needles were getting everywhere. It was horrible. So I spent probably four or five grand with this company out of the Springs to come and install these on my gutters. Worst thing I ever did. We'd get a big rain or a hailstorm, it would go right over the gutters and we would have these puddles everywhere. It simply didn't do what it was supposed to do. And then somehow the pine needles still got into the damn gutters, so it didn't solve that. Then when you guys did our roof at that particular house, you guys said, let's get three inch gutters. I got gutters now you can roll a tennis ball down. And those have been the best gutters I ever have. But I have you guys out twice a year to clean them. In fact, you guys were just out a couple months ago to clean them. And it's way better, way better than any kind of gutter helmet or any kind of screen or anything you put on there, because it's done perfectly twice a year. And I'm a math guy. Think of the math five thousand dollars for that. Someone goes out spends five or ten for a gutter helmet kind of thing. They can have their gutters cleaned two or three times year if needed, for the rest of their life and never spend that much. And you guys come out, not only do you clean the gutters out, every downspout, every single one. You guys get up there make sure they're functioning. I see. I see your guys put the hose in there and make sure they flow all the way to wherever they're supposed to be flowing. If there's anything a little better or anything, you guys make that right. I mean, it's just everything. There's no reason I would ever have a gutter helmet or a leaf guard or any of that stuff when you can have the gutters cleaned for one hundred and ninety nine bucks for you guys.
Speaker 8: Yep, just make sure you mentioned the Martino Special and we will come out there and get you taken care of.
Speaker 6: Three h three seven six ' one sixty four hundred. Now you know this is such an easy answer. Why would they do that? It cost you guys talk about a lost leader. When you guys do my house, I want to say, there's four guys up there, and it probably takes every bit of I don't know, three four hours. I mean, we've got a big roof, but it takes a long time. And the reason they do it for that price is they want your business. When there is a halstorm. These guys can deal with your insurance company. They just do everything right. And one of the best things about Excel Roofing and what your dad set up years ago. Is that motto You don't pay a cent until you're content. You don't pay anything when the job's done. Even if you're a cash payer, you don't pay anything till that job's done. And you can't get a better deal than that. As a homeowner, you're guaranteed, you're guaranteed to be happy with the job when the job's done. You pay simple as that. You don't pay a little upfront. And if a roofer comes knocking at your door, please never never sign a contract. Never pay upfront. And if they did sign a contract with you guys, you never get paid upfront before you guys start. If they want it out in a week, I guarantee you'd let them out. Oh I changed my mind. You guys don't care. I mean, if you went out there and started the roof that's another thing. But really, you guys set up a company, a roofing company that is unlike most roofing companies I have ever dealt with in my fifty two years. And you're absolutely right, Henry. You guys want that customer. You're going to go beyond this specials unbelievable, but you want that future business and I would guess a huge majority of your business is repeat customers.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, that's a massive referral base for us too, just because we try to offer the highest quality service possible and then interurn it turns into more business for us down the road.
Speaker 6: And then of course free inspections. You know, if it's been less than what is typical insurance two years, how long do you have file acclaim on? Hell, maybe one year, I totally.
Speaker 8: Forget it varies depending on the insurance company. Rule of thumb is about a year or so.
Speaker 6: So one year. If you got hit last season and you saw anybody in your neighborhood, I mean anybody around your neighborhood getting a new roof and it's coming up on that year from that hailstorm, give these guys a call. They'll come out and inspect it. Don't call your insurance company because Excel will be the first to say you don't have any damage, and you don't want that on your clue report with the insurance company. But what they will absolutely positively do is come out and give you an honest assessment if you did get hail damage, and if so, they'll step in and deal with your insurance company. And get you a new roof before that time expires. Because if there's another hailstorm next year and there's more damage and they come out and find the old damage from a hailstorm over a year ago, that can cause some problems. Cant it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, And the main point of our honest inspections is just we're not like these other companies that just try to need to file you need to file a claim, you need to file a claim.
Speaker 7: We're not like that.
Speaker 8: We will only encourage the customer to file an insurance claim if we find damage and we believe that it will get replaced.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness. Yeah, all right, folks, So really, Excel roof in three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred, Cliff, We've got some answers for you. I'm sorry I got off on that, but you know, Henry Bretz has been here all show and honestly, people know we have guests and we focus on our referraless guests when they're in. You know why, because they're great people, They have better value than anybody else, and they're just honest and we like talking about them.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing, Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three O three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, help at troubleshooter dot com three oh three Martino. That number works all the time. But whether we're on vacation, whether we're before or after the show, you can call that number. You can leave a message. We might answer, we might not, but you can definitely leave a message. I promise you we'll get back to you. Same with help at troubleshooter dot com. And it doesn't matter what the problem is. Cliff called in with an interesting one. All of a sudden, somebody, it appears to be somebody from China actually set up a LLC in Colorado at his home address, and you're receiving all kinds of mail for chen Lan, Inc. And it looks like basically what's happening here is they're just trying to get a presence here. And once they get that presence here and that they can probably get a credit card in your name, they can do all kinds of things because they look legit. They look like they actually are a Colorado corporation. But what I found is you can go to the Secretary of State and there's a phone number on there and you simply report them and they're going to remove it all together. But you better be on the lookout for other issues, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 21: We've reported this to CBI and the State of Colorado in RS.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you need to go literally to the Colorado Secretary of State's website and call that number on there and tell them what's going on, and they can actually remove it so it's not showing up. Because what happens is when people search for that business, let's say they're applying for a credit card or at lease or anything, whatever the hell nefarious thing they're up to. When they search it, people go right to Colorado Gov, just like I did, and you look legit because all the PaperWorks filed and someone paid the file it. But if you call them up, they'll get rid of it. So when people go to check them out, it's simply not there.
Speaker 21: Y'all have to check with my wife and see what she's done. At this point, I know we have reported it in the Secretary of State's office.
Speaker 6: Okay, good.
Speaker 21: Primarily my primarily was just wondering, you know, are there any other steps to take? What's next? We both have our credit frozen and have had for several months with all three reporting agencies.
Speaker 6: Well, whatever credit cards you used for that, Matt, I assume you quit using or replaced.
Speaker 21: Yeah, we're gonna cancel it today.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well you don't have to cancel it, just tell them it was lost or stolen and sent a new one, just to you know, just to be careful or to be safe and locking the credit's a good idea, but I'm not sure how they would have got your social I don't think they're intercepting your mail. I think they're using this to establish basically a business residency in the state of Colorado, and then they can sell other stuff, whether they're the mats or whatever, and they just simply look more legit. I mean, there could be a lot more behind the scam, but I mean I can't find like, I can't find much on it. I know it happened a lot during COVID, but I have not seen this in a while. But this was rampant for quite some time, honestly.
Speaker 21: Right, Yeah, I just wanted to run it by you guys the stage words of Wisdom.
Speaker 6: Well, if they already called the Secretary of State, they haven't done anything. In fact, Dmitri, would you mind getting on it. He's saying his wife might have called the Secretary of State, but it's still on there. As long as it's on there, it looks legit.
Speaker 18: Yeah. I just left the message for Jack Todd. He is the press relations guy at the Secretary of State's office. Excellent, and I give him my phone number. I wanted to talk to him about what is his inside, what is the actual scam, because I'm sure he's heard this before.
Speaker 6: And check this out. Yeah, I'd love that, or what are the different scams? Yeah, but Reeds, you still have the information on the company in front of you. It's kind of funny. So the guy that filed it, his name is Lan Chen, which of course is you know, chen Land is the name of the corporation and I can't pronounce this. Can anybody pronounce where he lives? Ying Yang Village, Bashushu town, he could pronounce it? Go ahead, wd D hey, hang on trying.
Speaker 18: Oh you know, I already closed that page.
Speaker 6: Shoot, but it's crazy. And then it's from uh, you know, I don't know it's from China. That's the best I can tell you.
Speaker 2: You're from far far away.
Speaker 18: If I were the scamra, I think the next thing I do is I would file a change of address form with a post office for Cliff's address, and that will keep Cliff from figuring out the rest of the scam for quite a while.
Speaker 6: Actually, you just said something you should absolutely. Did you go to the post office? Cliff?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well you tell the post office we are not we are not.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 6: Ching Chang? What the hell's the name of it? I already forget. And also that's not us. Any mail that comes in that says that return to center, it's not us.
Speaker 18: I think that male will have valuable clues on Ching Chang's current location and his intent. What I was worried about is that mister Chang is going to file a change of address form on behalf of Cliff.
Speaker 6: What if you got from them, besides you said I R S stuff, was that like an EI N number coming in? What was the I R S stuff?
Speaker 21: The I R S was from the e STPs, the Federal Collection service for the I R S. And oh man, hin number I N PIN number?
Speaker 18: Yeah, wow, that's fair ID number.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yep, it's definitely nefarious. But once again, I'm not sure that there. I think they're simply using you for a residence. I say, I think that's it. I mean, I don't think they're literally going to be stealing from you individually. But man, I wouldn't put it past anybody, but I think they're literally making it look legit to the I R S and everybody that they're a Colorado corporation. I mean, it's it's crazy. So just to recap basically make sure the Post Office, Colorado Secretary of State and freeze your credit. I mean, that's the best I can offer with this deal. And then Dimitri, when you get a callback, we're going to follow up on what they found out.
Speaker 18: Oh, I can't wait. I think it's going to be fascinating.
Speaker 6: Hey, Deputy Scott, I got to take this break, but we got an update. Do you want to recap or do you want me to do it? I'm the guy with the Mercedes.
Speaker 18: You can do the recap.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. It looks like, Wow, the power of Trump and Doge. It looks like there is a new bill they came up with. Of course, these people in Congress aren't telling us about it, but it is breaking news on CNNN Fox, the Government Fund Agreement, if you don't know. Basically, they had a bill all set up that was apparently going to pass by partisan as they say, and then at the last minute, Elon and Trump basically blew it up. And I was looking through the original It's kind of funny. Remember we're talking about Congress people now, so they'd get a pay raise that's remarkable, an absolute pay raise. And I didn't know this. Their salary hasn't increased since two thousand and nine. But Congress created a program in twenty twenty two. So a couple of years ago, you realize they can expense while they're in DC. They can basically expense all their food and lodging. That's amazing. So when they fly into DC, they don't pay for food, they don't pay for lodging. That all happened in twenty twenty two. They make one hundred and seventy four thousand a year, and they wanted a pay raise, where people in the United States, you know, we're paying more for eggs than we ever have in my lifetime. So I think that's crazy. And the other thing Congress add in that bill, which I think is absolutely the worst thing, exempting members of Congress from Obamacare. You know, that drives me insane. I have to go under Obamacare, or at least when he was there, I did, or I'd actually get hit with basically a penalty. I think Trump the first time got rid of the penalty. But think about that. In Colorado especially, the plan has to be on the exchange meaning Obamacare plan, meaning a plan where I have to pay for an abortion, even if I'm a man, I have to pay for that coverage because they try to spread it out. But Congress, these moronic people we vote for that are up there, they exempt themselves from it. You know why, because they can get a hell of a lot better coverage, a hell of a lot better coverage. They exempt themselves from Obamacare, and they have forever, and I guess the renewal to do that is up. And then once again they would not have to participate in the Affordable Care Act. It's crazy. They would actually get the same, and they do get the same if they want, and of course every single one of them wants is what our presidents and other people get. They get to go to the nice healthcare, the kind of healthcare where you don't spend six thousand out of pocket before anything's paid for, the kind of healthcare where generally your employer, the government pays for every bit of it. You know, they get that where we get suckered into the worst stuff around. I mean, pretty soon we're going to be Canada if it wasn't for Trump coming in. But I digress on that stuff. It looks like they reached a bill that shows you the power of what's going on. I mean, anybody have any ideas you think those two things are going to be in the bill? Anybody? I don't know if they will be or not. Did you talk about that stuff this morning? Dragon? Did you talk about the government stop this morning with Brown?
Speaker 2: Not really? No, no, no.
Speaker 6: Did he think it was going to shut down? Or you guys just didn't touch on it.
Speaker 19: We didn't touch on it. We talked a little bit more about the medical stuff, Like you were just saying that, hey, they don't have to be on Obamacare and all that crow.
Speaker 6: It's so crazy how they just wave themselves from it. I just find it so unfair. I mean, I really do, Dmitri. You look like you were saying some.
Speaker 18: Oh, you know, we're talking about these benefits that they confirm themselves that aren't available to any of us. What about their exemption from insider trading laws?
Speaker 6: I think a little of that change. But you're right, Pelosi and her husband and all these people and Republicans excuse me too, they all lived high on the hog.
Speaker 18: Look at the percentage of these people that leave office as multi millionaires.
Speaker 6: Oh, they don't leave any poorer.
Speaker 18: Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 6: You can't if they leave, most of them just don't leave like Biden.
Speaker 18: Now, if they don't, if they continue to exempt themselves from insider trading laws, I want them to post their trades in real time so I can duplicate them in my own account. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think that's becoming a big business right now. Is just following politician trades.
Speaker 6: It is a big business. Okay, Deputy Scott, Deputy Dollar. Let's go to this Mercedes thing. You talked to Mercedes of Denver. First of all, do they think that the other shop broke it?
Speaker 18: No, they don't.
Speaker 6: They don't.
Speaker 2: They do not.
Speaker 6: Now, that guy swore up and down to us the caller. I asked him that what did they say? And he said they said that the other shop did it.
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 24: I talked to Destiny, the service advisor over there. They replaced this key lock and censor.
Speaker 6: Module and it's fine.
Speaker 24: And it's fine.
Speaker 6: So whatever broke wasn't due to a ton of stress.
Speaker 24: No, Destiny said, it's a it's a common problem.
Speaker 6: On that and it just happened to crap out it to other shock yep.
Speaker 24: And then they ordered Rick extra key. There was some programming charge.
Speaker 6: He should have kept it, I'll tell you, honest to God, he should have kept it. It to first shop. They were going to do that for sixteen hundred because they felt bad. He ended up spending thirty two hundred exactly because he thought they created the problem.
Speaker 18: Yep.
Speaker 6: What did he say? After you talk to him?
Speaker 24: Rick still thinks that that the original shop Phioh has videotape of the repair and he's he said, I don't even know man, And I told him, I said, I.
Speaker 6: Owned five shops. I owned five good years around town for a long period of time. We had some cameras around, but I would never have a camera that I can think of, that would catch someone in the vehicle, like yanking on the wheel or whatever he's describing. It's not I don't think he's It's not like a camera you can go back and zoom in on. I mean we're talking to camera that's outside the building over the parking lot. I mean, what's he expect to see off this. Plus the guy told him, we don't have it.
Speaker 24: Yeah, And I told Rick said, you asked him four different times during the call, he said he did have it and he doesn't have it.
Speaker 6: I thought the guy was honest. He came on air with this yesterday. I mean, I didn't think there was any issue. But even when you went back to the caller and said blah blah blah, even the people fixing it say it wasn't anybody's fault exactly, he still isn't biting.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 6: God, how many times do we have calls like that? Guys, d meet your you're the newest in the room. How many times have you dealt and found out that it's a caller it's just absolutely upside down wrong, or or they're fabricating something.
Speaker 18: I'd say it's about a third of my cases.
Speaker 6: It's crazy.
Speaker 18: It's more it's less fabrication than what they actually leave out. That's that's what I get.
Speaker 6: They just decide to leave something important out of the conversation.
Speaker 18: Like the woman who was allegedly breeding the illegal dogs. The case that bulwork.
Speaker 6: That really got my my god, what was that? Give me some breeding dogs? What happened? What was that, beau?
Speaker 9: She called into the show. She stated that her car was stolen and.
Speaker 11: The Adams County Sheriff recovered the car and there were six puppies.
Speaker 6: But when they stole it was her puppies.
Speaker 9: What's that?
Speaker 6: When they stole the vehicle were dogs in it.
Speaker 9: Dogs were in the back of the car.
Speaker 6: And then when they recovered it, there's more dogs.
Speaker 9: No, it's just the original six dogs.
Speaker 2: The car was never stolen.
Speaker 19: It was just there and somebody called and said, hey, this car has been parked here for a while.
Speaker 9: So well, that's what she led me to believe.
Speaker 11: So I did call the the sheriff, and the sheriff talked to me under to be anonymous about it. He didn't want to give his name. Sure, she filed the false report. It was never stolen. The car was parked for at least two weeks.
Speaker 6: Why did she filed why? Why do you think she filed.
Speaker 11: The car because she wanted us to call the Riverdale Animal Control and the sheriff to plead with him to try to give her those dogs back.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, so basically these dogs were living in.
Speaker 9: The car for at least two weeks.
Speaker 6: Oh my god. Well, she shouldn't have these dogs. She shouldn't have any dogs. No dog, She's crazy.
Speaker 18: During the original call, she also claimed that she has no idea how her dog got pregnant. She also claimed that the stolen car was involved in the high speed police chase and it crashed at the end of the chase.
Speaker 6: And none of that's true. Lying and time, Dragon just said she didn't even own the car.
Speaker 18: She admitted to that what day before yesterday, it's not even her car that I found out.
Speaker 9: The chef left me another message yesterday about it. I guess her brother owns the car.
Speaker 6: You know, years ago, years ago, around this time of year, Martino went to help this lady out on the news. It was either Channel four.
Speaker 19: I just say it was her brother that owned the car. Yesterday she said it was a friend of a friend.
Speaker 9: Sheriff let me.
Speaker 6: I didn't bring it up, but she changed it again, Dragon, her brother owned the car. Tom helped this lady out live on TV Channel four maybe seven, I don't remember. It might even been Fox thirty one. But she had a pillow under she claimed to be pregnant and had no place to go, so he buys her a hotel room for a week. Remember this is live on the air. It's around Christmas time. You know they're doing this kind of story. So what happens is the next day she gets a call from the manager of the hotel and wait till you hear the end of it.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 6: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two