Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. I got Tim Duckworth along side me today. We are fresh off the Texas Poker Open and my man, my cowboy has written back from the Lone Star State, a long trek through the desert, I'm sure, but he made it. We got Ravi Sonny Sondhara Sunny is his nickname, winning the Texas Poker Open main event. We're also going to hit on a different state other than Texas. We're going to talk about the Keystone State, Pennsylvania, because they joined the Multi State Internet Gaming Agreement also known as the MSIGA for short. Whereas Tim would probably we say, what would you say, MESSIGASIGA?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Whoesop Yeah yeah. Speaking of Woesop, the dovisitpy online bracelet schedule has been announced. We'll quickly touch on that, and then we got some other news about the good old Woesop with the Woesop Plus app coming to Vegas this summer. So let's hop right on into it. But before we do, do you want to remind you to check out play poker Go, where you can play free online poker. You can get the thrill of authentic poker. You can do at anytime, anywhere. All you need is your computer or some sort of mobile device. It's available on web, iOS and Android. You can deal yourself in now at play PokerGO dot com. All right, the Texas Poker Open Main Event, Ravi Sndara aka Sonny Sondara wins it all on two hundred and eighty three thousand, one hundred and forty three dollars. That was after a deal was made three handed. Original first place prize was three hundred and seventy five K, six hundred and ninety nine entries in this one. Couldn't get that extra entry to get us a seven hundred, Hugh, You couldn't just fire thirty three hundred, Okay, you basically cash for thirty three hundred in some event I did. But yeah, let's just put it in there.
Speaker 2: Come on, let's let's go to the guy at the top. Brent Hanks, sitting on the sideline for the entire main event, off to finishing fifth loss.
Speaker 1: YEA six, I thought six?
Speaker 2: What about either way, brenton one entry?
Speaker 1: If you if I have final tabled an event which is probably never gonna happen in my lifetime because I suck at poker. But anyway, if I did, it would take so much for me to not play the Turnam the next year exactly. I'm not even talking about winning. I'm just talking about making the final table. Come on, you gotta be in there. You absolutely have to be in there, all right. Sonny Sindar won it all two hundred and eighty three and forty three dollars. Caleb Harwell finished in second place two hundred and sixty four, five hundred and twenty nine dollars for him, and then the other player as part of the three way deal, Aaron gow two hundred and forty seven thousand, three hundred and twenty eight dollars. Now, it was. It was a very interesting finish to the event, something that was unique. I'm not sure I've ever seen it before, but you had this three way deal. Then they continue playing for they did an ICM chopping, and then they were playing for sixty K and then Aaron Gau goes out in third place. Then Sonny and Caleb decide to do a best of three series of plo flips. What the heck is happening down there?
Speaker 2: Man? It's just what's a mockery, a mockery of the PGT, but hey, it's it's very it's very Houston plo flips. You know, the gambling, the drinking, the fun, jovial final table and atmosphere with some of these players. So look, if anywhere's gonna happen, and I'm gonna be slightly okay with it, it's down there at Champions Club in Houston, Texas.
Speaker 1: Listen, I watched, I haven't. I haven't watched the full final table yet because I was doing commentary for Venetian while that final table was going on. But I'm I'm dying to get back to it. That said, I am aware of some of the big hands that played out not only on that final day three, but also on day two. I mean, holy hell, I'm coming to Texas next year. I mean, I don't know what the hell people are doing with some of these can this.
Speaker 2: Is Texas playfare?
Speaker 1: Outrageous? It's I mean it's crazy, Like on one half you have these people that are like Max gambling right, like you had this one what was his was his name, Kim? I think it was on day two. I mean he played every hand, every hand. I think his name was Kim. I could be wrong Ton Kim in every single freaking hand imaginable. Even the guy who won, Sonny was all over the place, all over the Wow. Yeah. Sonny was also drinking from like nine am, like he just showed up to champions with a beer in hand and was just ready to go the whole time. In his winter photo, he's drinking the Blue Moon like the whole time. I'm pretty sure by the way that I played a hand against Sonny in the twenty twenty three WPT World Championship. Interesting in like level five when he tried to he tried to run a crazy bluff against me where I raised the button with King Jack. I remember this same I raised the button with King Jack. We were both pretty deep. The big one was sixteen hundred I think I had I don't know, one hundred and twenty five k or something like that. He three bets me from the small blind. I call it comes King high. He bets. I call turns a jacks. I make two pair. He bets really big. I call rivers a ten. He rips it all in. I took about fifteen segs and was like, well, I mean, if you got the ace, queen, you got ace queen whatever man. He had ace three off.
Speaker 2: On my way to finishing third out of one hundred and twenty players in the three hundred dollars. Nother man Hodem Turbo actually busted Robbie he put.
Speaker 1: It also also a chop tournament.
Speaker 2: A great chop. He ran a crazy bluff with aces, and I had jacks and I hit a jack.
Speaker 1: Amazing, amazing stuff. When he when he was bluffing with the best hand, it's just absolutely wild and these guys.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, he was awful, all right.
Speaker 1: So he wins the He won two flips right away, right, He won the first two flips and that was it. It was over with. So Sonny wins it all, two hundred eighty three thousand dollars his he's a he's a Houston local. This is his local Room Downer Champions Club. So we got a local winning it all. Just rounding out the rest of the final table, you ad Jason Bulloch in fourth place, Fu Voe in fifth place, Andrew Moreno in sixth place, Will Benson seventh, and vietvo in eighth And then was it nine hand? Found?
Speaker 2: Was it was nine handed? We just wanted to finish that level before the.
Speaker 1: Got it one ninth place was justin Liberto. And then i'll just round out the top ten. Michael leang in tenth place for forty thousand. Elsewhere on the in the money finishes, you had Joey Wiseman, who won the Poker gro Cup earlier in the twenty twenty five PGT season. He finished in twelfth place. Matthew Wantman finished in thirteenth place. Both of them took home thirty three thousand dollars. You had Daniel Cpo in fifteenth for twenty seven thousand dollars. Then a little bit further down you had Philip Hellmuth the third, not the regular Philip Healmuth, his son Philip Helmuth the third, sixty first place for seven K. Jeff Platt shout out to our guy, sixty fourth for six K, Jeremy Becker sixty sixth for six K, David Chen seventy first for six K, Ray Kartomi seventy second for fifty five hundred. I'll hit on those two a little bit more. On a second to Jonathan while the reigning be made have been champion eighty fifth for and fifty yards.
Speaker 2: What's this?
Speaker 1: What's this little note? You put in here, stack guy.
Speaker 2: Eighteen people have cashed in both Texas pokerpins. I thought that was a pretty much bigger number than I thought.
Speaker 1: But has anyone cast in both of them and the poo around it.
Speaker 2: There there's potential for Isaac Kempton and Matthew Wantman. I think I'm gonna check it right now. But even still eighteen players, I think is is quite a lot. Even with the you know, the whole multi fly aspect of the tournament, it's still pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: I think this year it was the Texas Poke Open main event, ran it back with the same two million dollar guarantee that was in the first edition last year.
Speaker 2: Isa and Matthew Wantman have cashed in three champions Club tournaments that we have run.
Speaker 1: Oh and bab bo geez okay fuvo. He played outrageous. I'm sorry, I don't know what that guy was doing the best?
Speaker 2: How could I not take a chuck against him?
Speaker 1: He's he was the one who did He was the one who slow rolled Sundara on late on day two. He was yeah, he he had a full house and Sonny this was it, by the way, This was like late on day two. Sonny had like seven and a half million chips and like a half an hour later when they finished up and bagged, he had like two and a half minute just out of control. But at one point he made a flush against Vos. I think he flopped or turned a full house. And on the end Sonny called that from Voe and like, turn over an ace. I think there was two aces on board and I think a ten and he had ace ten. He just turned over an ace and Sonny said, I beat that and turned over his flush and then he slipped over the ten for the full house, and Sunny like was pissed and got into it. So that was the whole thing at the table tuber slowl do chob slow, it was the whole thing. It was all on stream. It was pretty pretty incredible, all right, two million dollars guarantee in this one beat it not by much, though, I can't say this is a fake guarantee. Two million, ninety seven thousand dollars in the prize pool. You were there, you're the PGT commissioner. You're obviously in touch with everyone that we worked with at Champions Club Texas. What was the sweat of the guarantee? Like and were you actually sweating, sir.
Speaker 2: Yes, we were sweating quite a lot. It was Look, we knew it was going to be. I think we've discussed this before. When you have a new series, you come back for the second year, it always tends to be a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of a second year is always the hardest year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we knew that. So that was we're going against that. And then as we spoke to how play is, you know, we talked about in the last part, not a lot of these guys were coming and that was a little scary. But to Champions credit, they did. They got us over the line. And what I mean by that is we had a huge increase in unique players, mainly locals. We had three x more satellite winners than last year, so that on its own made up for the the PGT REGs that would have been there blasting like last year, Sean Dee Brand, Lynn Josh Aria, Jesse, Lonas Chinaim, all these guys that put in lots of bullets that weren't there. Champions made up for it with a huge satellite program, lots of locals. I think locals just wanting to be a part of this. This year, we went from two hundred and thirty six unique entrance to two hundred and seventy five, which is a massive increase with the field also being thirty six players short this year. So look, we were sweating it the entire way, and you know, we were trending pretty good at the start. Once we hit those bigger flights on the Saturday and then the Saturday night turbo, we were a bit behind pace. But yeah, we broke through probably midway through registration on the final turbo flight, and it was a good, good sigh of relief for you know, the entire team down there, just getting through the guarantee and then obviously pushing through for another you know, ninety seven. K.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I don't know why a lot of the PGT regulars didn't go. I mean I would have assumed that many of them that traveled down to Texas for the first time likely last year for this and saw the state of play. I mean, I mean, listen, I can't I have to just talk about it. I mean, it's it's the play is outrageous. I mean it's absolutely outrageous.
Speaker 2: I spent a lot of time talking with.
Speaker 1: I mean, we need to just cut like a highlight clip of these hands that were played out on stream and just like send them to people. Yeah, just be like, this is why you need to go to Texas.
Speaker 2: In the third high Roller, Jeremy Becker says to me, this is the softest event I've ever played. Five K hi roller with thirty nine entrants.
Speaker 1: Was that the one where he called with seven four off yes.
Speaker 2: Which was a very weird hand? I wrote, I got that hand, and I had to make sure I wrote those cards down right.
Speaker 1: Well, we were wondering if the like, We're like, are his chips wrong?
Speaker 2: Like did he like I know?
Speaker 1: I was like, no, like these guys are good, like I don't like, I don't I trusts.
Speaker 2: The blinds were going up next hand, he would have been in the small blind, so that has something to do with it. I just feel like seven to four, you know, it's not the one to get in with. But hey, look, Jeremy is a field player. He's not a gto guy. You know, let him do what he wants to do. But speaking with him, we talked about this and he know, he says, the poker is great here. But the biggest problem we have and why some of these guys in the com was if you bust like, there's not much else to do. You know, Champions is a hotel with the pokeroom. Now says if you don't want to play poker, sorry, there's not much you can do. And Jeremy's like, just give me a ping punk table, give me something.
Speaker 1: I was you know what I was thinking when when, because you and I were talking a little bit obviously about this stuff. I was like, they need to put a bowling alley there. All these guys in their bowling. Now, put like a three or four lane bowling alley right there. You put like you said, you put a ping pong table room.
Speaker 2: Come up with the table room.
Speaker 3: Boom.
Speaker 2: I've got the idea. It's the winner. Are you ready for this. We're gonna we're gonna convert one of the one of the sweets right Presidential Suite to feel Home with Sweet as they like to call it, into the PGT Lounge. Okay, I'm gonna moove the tables around. We're gonna put a ping pong table there, gonna get some arcade games, snacks, deck of cards that can play Chinese poker. Because Jeremy's like, we just want to DJ and we want to gamble. We want to bet on ping pong, we want to bet on arcade games. I told him this idea. He goes because he was like, I don't think you're getting me back here, you know, and he was having an okay series. He cashed the high Roller, he cashed the main event. Now twice. He's like, I don't think he getting me back here. There's not enough for me to do. And then I told him this idea. He's like, all right, you got me back. So giving these guys, the PGT players, an outlet when they I don't want to play poker, you know, they can go upstairs. We'll set up this lounge. We'll stock it with drinks and snacks and all kinds of things that they can degen and gamble and keep them on property, keep them, you know, firing the high roller is firing the main event. I think that's one way to really get them there. The other part is, you know, it's going to be their fault because we had players messaging us the day before the main event saying, hey, could you help us get a rum I heard they're sold out. I mean, when you're going to leave it to the last day, that's a bit of an issue for as a poker player. You know, we know they're not that organized, but when you know this is a boutique property, you have to try and get your your accommodations settled earlier and kind of get in there, get the booking, come down play.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think another thing that we can probably do on our side a little bit better ahead of time. I mean, you mentioned going from twenty five to seventy five satellite winners. We got to push that ahead of time more. Yeah, however we do it. You know, you know, ideally you can kind of put like a photo of all the satellite winners out there, stuff like that, you know, because that will attract a lot of the the bigger players or whatnot. So but I listen, I think that the state of play sells it. And if you're chasing value, I think it's great to head down to Texas and to Champions Club and to this event. It's you know, there's not that many big events like this iron wise in that region. I also think, listen it. The time slot is really good because right after it's done, a lot of the guys can just you know, check up a little bit to Choktaw in Oklahoma and play that World Poker Tour event, so like it times up nicely. It's not just kind of like you're going there for like one thing. Yeah, you go down to Houston, you play this event at Champions Boom, you're up to Choctaw, you're playing that WPT there. Then you come back a few weeks off. It's World Series of Poker time. That's how you do it.
Speaker 2: I think on allen to, we should try and give a little more breathing room between the USPR and Champion Club. Give these guys a you know, a week or two just to reset, relaxed, spend time family, then come over to Houston. The fact that we were going from USPO literally less than a week later the main event was starting, I think that was too tired of a window. So if we can just move USPO back a week or two weeks even, I think that will come go a long way in you know, like we always talk about player burnout and bankroll rebuilding or resetting mental resetting, that will go a long way and helping that.
Speaker 1: The guarantee was a sweat. We talked about it, but it was met at the end of the day. It seemed like overall there was a lot of really really good energy out of Champions Club. Once again, how proud are you, guys? How proud are you? You know how the main event turned out? Overall? Are you happy with everything?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I think both us and Champions are pretty happy. Like I said, I kind of mentioned the huge increasing in uniques, the huge increase in locals, the satellite winners. That's all says a lot about how much effort Champions is putting into this. Also how much the local poker pool really supports Champions, really supports what we're doing there. So from that aspect, it couldn't be more happier than you know, how it turned out once we hit that guarantee.
Speaker 1: Now, in addition to the thirty three hundred dollars by main event that was won by again Sonny Sundhara two hundred and eighty three thousand dollars, there were four fifty one hundred dollars high roller events, all of them qualifying for the PGT. You had Ray Kartomi winning two of the four, you had David Chen winning one of the four, and then the other one was won by Elliott Smith. I told you that I would mention Chen and Kartomi later on. Here is that time. Both Kartomi and Chen cashed four times during the series. They both cashed in the main event as I already mentioned, then both of them cashed in three of the four high rollers, with Ray Kartomi winning two of the four. Kartoli won the first one for five hundred all, David Chen won the second one for fifty four thousand dollars, Elliott Smith won the third one fifty eight, six hundred and eighty dollars, and then Kartomi again winning the last one forty one thousand, seven hundred dollars for him. Kartomi cashed total from the series just under one hundred and seven thousand dollars. Chen cash total for the series eighty five thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars. Now little bit of a different look to the schedule with these high rollers. This year's Texas Poke gre Open schedule had fewer high rollers. They were also all at the five K buy and level, whereas last year you had eight of them, so cut them in half. Also last year there was a couple ten k's. There was also a couple that were pot limit Omaha as opposed to just the Nolan HoldEm So last year they did a little bit of Nolan hould them a little bit of PLO. How do you feel the adjustments worked out with with you know, the high roller stuff.
Speaker 2: The main difference with last year in this year was that last year the high roll was extended on the main event, and we saw kind of a bit of a decrease in numbers once the main event was done, So we wanted to basically overlap them during the main so that our players that were coming could come and book you know, four or five days and get full value and not have to stick around for no other reason. So that's kind of why we shifted from seven well it was seven that we added an extra one last year, but from eight down to these four, just to fit the schedule a little better, be a bit cleaner. Also, with the ten k's they didn't perform as well, so we kind of kept with the five K prize point, which just hits the locals a bit more like it's a bit more reachable for those guys, So that was kind of the change. I think it worked okay. Some of the guys really like the twenty minute level blinds, the entire way like super Turbos basically. So yeah, at this stage, I think we wouldn't really make any changes to that. You could maybe at a plow, but you know, we're doing that PLO series hopefully in November, so they have enough PLO at that point.
Speaker 1: So is it coming back next year? And if it is, what's the schedule going to look like? Is this is this like the best schedule or do you still have like fine tune adjustments that you want to make. What are you thinking?
Speaker 2: I like this schedule a lot. I hope it comes back. I think it's a good event. I like the event. I think the local players like the event, So I don't see there's a reason why we would just stop schedule. I think it is fine. I think the side events schedule could you know, use a bit of a twigging. For example, they had the Ladies' event on day two of the main you know, it makes a little tough if you know, for some of the ladies, they make day two obviously to play that event, so we could obviously flex off that. But yeah, the side events is mainly Champions Club's decision, and I kind of work with them about figuring out what may work, what may not work. But yeah, I like the schedule. I thought there was a good variety of events. Huge you know, keep the satellites going, keep everyone on property firing away. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I My one suggestion would be, I think you need like a one K like opener, like the weekend before the main event.
Speaker 2: I just don't know if you're getting anyone out of town coming in for that. That's the only thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe I don't know. I have to think about it more, but that's I think that would be a good position. But overall, you know, I thought it was a good event. I had fun watching the large majority of it, and I still have to kind of finish out the final table stuff because I had other obligations. But other than that, you know, I'm happy it reached the guarantee happy the I like when guarantees are a sweat because I believe that they're then a little bit more real, you know, as I always joke about fake guarantees, but this one definitely made you guys sweat quite a bit.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: But I do think also if you were to run it back the same for next year, probably a little bit more in the prize pool would be my guess as things sit right now, coupled with the fact that, you know, a lot of people in the US probably don't have a lot of disposable income. So just with the way everything is, you know, you got to pay for them eggs. But a year's time away, you know, maybe that's all changed and become a little bit better and things are. You know, there's a little bit more people that want to you know, travel down the travel part as well, Like it's I mean, it's just hard, like you know, it takes a lot to go down there, just anywhere really not it's not only just traveling to Texas. You know, there's you know, you really do have to rely on the local regional crowd, of course, and I think this event did so. I think that's a really good sign. And then yeah, hopefully we get the regulars to head back down to a good old Texas. Let's swing up. But I think it's like what sixteen hundred miles northeast to Pennsylvania in the Keystone State got the We got Pennsylvania joining the Multi State Internet Gaming Agreement. Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro recently signed the MMSIGA to bring Pennsylvania into the shared online poker market, which is great, great, great news. That agreement. The MSIGA or MESSIGA includes obviously Pennsylvania, now New Jersey, Nevada, Delaware, West Virginia, and Michigan. Now put a little asterisk next to West Virginia because although online poker is legalized in the state, no one has launched yet. That's the same for other states Connecticut, Delaware, and Rhode Island, although those three aren't signed into the MSIGA as of this time. Pennsylvania originally now are announced originally legalized online poker in twenty seventeen. It became the fourth state to do so, and then they launched. The first operator to launch was Poker Stars in twenty nineteen. So I guess that timeline there is something that like I look at because it took, you know, two years to go from when you legalize it to when you got the first operator launching, and then here you got the governor, Governor Shapiro signing this agreement and then it was like three days boom on Monday, which was yesterday, April twenty eighth, that a couple of the operators are ready to go. They're in multiple states were often running, so the fact that it turned around so quick, I think is like probably the biggest thing to me at least, which hopefully is a sign of more things to come. Now, we also had a great opportunity here at Poker Go, you know, the Governor's team, Governor Josh Shapiro, his team reached out to us. We were able to link up on a special interview and it was really cool. Again, big big news for online poker in the US with this happening. You know, I know it's like a lot of places might be like, yeah, well you have fifty states, you know, there's not that many on board. But I mean, trust me, this is this is a big move in the right direction. So you know, Pennsylvania getting involved, it creates much bigger prize pools. You know, the games are going to be better. Those players are all now part of a much bigger player pool. You already have some of the operators you know, doing stuff in terms of bigger prize pools, the stuff in the summer as it relates to the World Series of Poker. Because they are involved, they are in the different states, you know, there's gonna be a ton more action. I know we're gonna hit on the online bracelet schedule. But you know, the online bracelet schedule, of course, does give credence to the fact that Pennsylvania is now roped in with the other states. So and myself as a player in Nevada, I mean, it's it's hugely beneficial to me being able to have more games, to play, bigger and better tournaments, all that sort of stuff. So I thought that that was really cool. But President Governor Josh Shapiro, he actually got to chat with our president poker Go President Maury Eskandnnie and that was an exclusive interview that these guys linked up on. So it was a video interview that the two hopped on a zoom call and chatted. You can find that on the poker Go YouTube channel. But we'll play the audio for you guys here right now, so if you haven't heard it here that is, let's get to it.
Speaker 4: Governor, what an honor? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm so good? How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing just fine, doing a lot better now that I know an official like you is advocating for poker. This is this is truly amazing.
Speaker 3: It's a dream come through, sir. Absolutely, no, I it's a big deal. I'm excited about it, happy to talk to you today.
Speaker 4: Well, pleasure is all mine, and I mean the fact that you are the highest ranking official that I know all my years in poker that supporting us. It's so grateful. And what made this the right time for Pennsylvania to join the multi state and the gaming.
Speaker 3: Well, well, first off, more it's really cool for me to be with you. I love your background. By the way, it looks great. I'll just say what made me want to do it is. I think it's common sense. There's a bunch of folks like you out there, including one hundred and fifty thousand people right here in my state, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, who love to play poker online, and I think they should be able to play poker online, not just with people from Pennsylvania, but they should be able to reach out and deal with people from other states, not have to wait as long for a game, and have games that are more vibrant, more competitive, and where they you know, they get to compete against more people kind of at their level. So I just think it's common sense, it's smart, and I know you probably don't care about this, but it's good for the Commonwealth taxpayers as well, So I think it's a win win all around.
Speaker 4: Well, I care more than you can possitively imagine. I've often wonder a game that's been around for some thousand a year and came to United States in the eighteen hundred, just like everything else that comes here was raised to new heights, so many different variety of games that were added here, all the creativity, everything being played in seventy countries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not legal in birthplace of Texas, legal in eight states or so, but it's not just you know, like, what is it going to take wherever we want to take your lead?
Speaker 3: Look, I'm a big believer in giving people the freedom to do the kinds of things they want to do, obviously within the bounds of the law and obviously within the bounds of responsibility. But the way I look at this is, you know, folks are playing poker all the time, and whether you're doing it at a table or whether you're doing it at a casino, you're doing it with some buddies, or you're doing it online. I just think you should have the freedom to do that. And by the way, if you don't want to play poker, if you don't want to gamble, You don't have to do that either. It's totally fine. No one's forcing you. So I am hopeful that as Pennsylvania, we're now the biggest state as part of this compact, Pennsylvania does it, maybe more states will join in, more Americans will get the opportunity to participate with one another in this great game that, as you said, has been around thousands of years. I think it's a great opportunity.
Speaker 4: Do you really feel like you're getting closer to having this be connected nationally, like having a market that's like in like sports betting in forty.
Speaker 3: I hope so, I hope so. And again not because I'm trying to encourage people to go out and gamble or play poker or do something else.
Speaker 2: It's up to you.
Speaker 3: But if you want to do that, I think it's important to make it easy, right, have it on your phone or have it in your home, you know, however you want to do it, or show up at a casinover, show up and in some other way to do it. I think it's common sense.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: What I've learned over my years in this business is a lot of times folks are just knee jerk reacting against something, right, there's against it. And if you actually get a minute to have a conversation and say, hey, you know, Pennsylvania's doing it, Michigan's doing it, Jersey, other states are doing it. Maybe explain to me why you think it's a bad idea. Why aren't you doing it? And so when you get rid of that sort of immediate political no and you're able to bolster your argument by saying a lot of other states are doing it, and ask people what they're real deep objection to to it is. You know what most time they say is well, I don't know. I guess it's kind of always been that way. And for me, I hate when people say, well, that's the way it's always been and that's the way it's going to be. That frustrates me to no end.
Speaker 4: I've had people come to me know poka gambling as a matter of fact, just you know, I've been in the industry forever. Poker players don't like to be called gamblers. They like to be called poker players because he gambled, He gambled anything gamble at golf. It's not a game, you know, like God knows. I mean, when you live in Las Vegas. You gamble with everything but his choice. You know you're having fun, you know you're doing something that he can afford. And poker, there's just so much to the game. So, h let me ask you a fun question. It sounds to me that you've been into this a little bit. Which state do you think from the eight states that have now online gaming, which one do you think has the best poker players?
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, man, you know what the answer is. Pennsylvania. Of course. Look, I am competitive as hell, right, So I want to beat everybody at everything and whatever sport, whatever game, whatever you're doing. And I think Pennsylvanians have that attitude. We want to be the best. With the birthplace in democracy, we're where it all started, and so of course we want to win it everything from our Super Bowl winning Eagles to you know, every other team. We just want to be the best. And I know Pennsylvania poker players want to be the best, and I think we are.
Speaker 4: Well. One of these days, I'm hoping maybe perhaps some sort of a tournament in our studio in poker got studio in Las Vegas and have different players from the states come in, maybe the governors, maybe maybe a game at all.
Speaker 3: These That would be cool.
Speaker 4: We should do that, all right, I got I will send an invitation to everybody. I would love to do that and see which governor is the best player.
Speaker 3: That would be a lot of fun. We'll probably all talk a lot of shit on one another, even though we all really like each other, but we'll have a lot of fun. Exactly exactly. That'd be great.
Speaker 4: Well, this is truly an honor, and I meant it. It is dream come true. We are in this industry. Nothing, nothing will will be lifting this industry more than in national poker across the team.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm excited to help one hundred and fifty thousand Pennsylvanians and hopefully I'm world grow, compete with others from across the country and see this industry grow. Mare. I want you to know you're here in the Governor's reception room here in our state capitol in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Through that door over there is my office, and I just signed the Multi State Compact before walking out here to talk to you. It goes into effect Monday, so poker players will have the opportunity to compete online across state lines. And we're really excited about it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely wonderful news, wonderful, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Great, thank you, Mary. Look forward to seeing you and we got to have that game with the other GUVs.
Speaker 4: It'll happen, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So that was really cool. Listen. I don't know, I didn't know anything about Joshapiro, Okay, the fact that he was talking so casually, the fact that he swore in the interview, I'm a gready to vote for this guy for anything. I mean, I'm ready to go. I'm like, okay, let's go. Can we play some poker? Like, you know, like it's definitely he seems a guy that I would get behind. And again, you know, just very cool overall that, you know, he pushed this through. I remember hearing I can't remember when it exactly was, whether it was several months ago or you know, a year or two ago, when he urged the Gaming Commission there in Pennsylvania to start approaching getting involved with the multi state agreement and then boom, he signs it. A couple of days later, Monday happens. You know, these these operators are in. I mean, that's just incredible. So the I mentioned all the states, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Nevada, Delaware, West Virginia, and Michigan. So of the ones that are like linked right now with operators, Pennsylvania is the largest. Thirteen point one million is the estimated population, fifth largest state in the US. So that's a big one. Yeah, that's a very big one. Michigan tenth ten point two million, New Jersey, you know, not too far off, nine point six million, that's the tenth and eleventh largest states. And then Nevada. You know, again, this is why it lately benefits people like Tim and I who play on dissip dot com because Nevada is only three point three million and we're the thirty first largest state by population. So US getting a state like Pennsylvania that is what more than four x hour population into this, like boom, let's go, Like I'm ready, Like I'm ready for the games. I'm ready for the tournaments, like I can't wait a little bit of a rundown on the timeline here on yesterday. We're recording this on Tuesday, April twenty ninth. But on Monday, April twenty eighth, you had bet MGMPA and Borgata PA. They connected their player pools in Pennsylvania with New Jersey and Michigan. Now those operators are not currently in Nevada, but we've heard that, you know, BETMGM could be coming to Nevada pretty soon, you know, hopefully soon, but we'll see, you know, I if I were to guess, I would guess by the end of the year. Obviously MGM has a footprint here in the state of Nevada, you know, but that's still you know, TBD and those operators celebrated with they have this one hundred and nine dollars buying c note tournament. They made that a free roll and they're calling it the Free Note. They also announced what they're calling the May Millions May eighth through eleventh, with eighteen events. I think that spans a weekend, eighteen events, million dollar guaranteed across the entire series, one thousand dollars buying championship event that has a four hundred thousand dollars guaranteed. So already, like you have these operators coming out with some big stuff. You have WSP in Pennsylvania. They connected with Nevada, New Jersey and Michigan and they were the first operator with a four state network. Again, Bet MGM, Burgada they're in three states, but WSP is in four states, which is very cool, very very cool. Now poker Stars, everyone knows Poker Stars. They have not yet can their Pennsylvania platform with New Jersey and Michigan, so that's still TBD, and we'll, I guess, we'll see what happens. I did see something from I want to say it was a new g aurora from Pokerfeus on social media earlier today that said, I think you put a screenshot of the lobby of Poker Stars and it didn't have any tournaments scheduled like past April thirtieth, So like, I don't know if that's like like what's coming type of thing, or like maybe they just haven't scheduled that, who knows, you know, but I would expect at some point they probably get involved, right will be like BETAMGM where they won't be in Nevada, but I think they'll they'll, you know, they'll they'll get into the other ones and that'll obviously create that and then just quickly on the other operators or on the operators as a whole. Just as a little bit of a summary here, wsp PA is combined with Nevada New Jersey and Michigan, so they're in four states. BETAMGM Pennsylvania is combined with New Jersey and Michigan. Poker Stars Pennsylvania is still separate. New Jersey and Michigan are combined, but we'll see how that goes. And then the other one is Bette Rivers, which is you know, speaking of the Texas Poke Ropean and Phil Hellmuth and you know, he's he was on stream saying I'm a co owner of the Champions Club and this and that and the other thing.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyway, his new sponsor, Bette Rivers. They are in only Pennsylvania, but they did send it out a release that said they are preparing for a multi state launch, so that's likely coming at some point. I don't think there was a timeline given for that, but but yeah, but that's kind of the rundown there. Thoughts, sir, thoughts, you.
Speaker 2: Got me, not really because I don't really understand your legal world here in America. But it is a good thing. It is a good thing for poker that we are getting more and more states involved, and it's great for obviously the players that are on WSP. You know, whenever Poker Stars joins in, you bet MGM as well. It's a good thing for the industry hopefully. You know, as you kind of touched on some of these states that kind of in limbo, if they can join in too, you know, it's gonna get bigger and bigger and bigger, and you know, maybe we're going to get back those good old days of pre Black Friday.
Speaker 1: Well I don't know if that's gonna happen, but let's just hope the good days.
Speaker 2: I was okay at poker back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you never know. I mean, listen, I think it's it's obviously big news. It benefits us pretty greatly here in Nevada with WSIP linking up right away with those other states, you know, so that'll be good. You know WSIP was previously linked with New Jersey and Michigan. It was New Jersey, Michigan and Nevada. So you know, once that happened, you definitely saw a boost at least I think so playing online and now with Pennsylvania and Wales, I think that'll be really really really good. All right, let's take a quick pause here because as we have been doing, we have of our giveaway running for the Poker Girl Podcast Dream Seats, and we gotta do some code words. You're the code word, guy, what do.
Speaker 2: You what do you card word? I'm not gonna say what last week's card word.
Speaker 1: Was, because you know you have they gotta go find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna go find out on this one. We're gonna keep it Texas themed. It's gonna be very simple. It's Texas. I don't even knowed to spell it for you guys, because you can spell that show like a Texas poker play. Because I like Texas.
Speaker 1: He's not changing it now, but I'm just telling I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna say I like easy, simple ones like we don't make it too complicated. So Texas is the code word. You guys know where to go. Link is in the description of the pod. Thanks for producer Rich and we want one of you guys representing us in the PGT Million Dollar Championship and winning it. Obviously, let's go.
Speaker 1: All right. So, speaking of w SP's involvement with the Pennsylvan stuff, they then ws pdawsp dot com announced their online bracelet schedule thirty online gold bracelet events this year, which is actually, if you can believe it, sir, fewer online bracelets than last year. Can you believe they actually had less in a bracelet schedule?
Speaker 2: They could add more, let's not, let's not get out home add more.
Speaker 1: And the reason why it's less is because last year they had thirty as well, but they also had seven for Pennsylvania loss.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now everything's combined and they only have the thirty. Okay, Now it's pretty robust. There's more guaranteed prize money in the series. I believe this year it's five point five million versus last year. I think it was three or three and a half million. I'm guaranteed. Not every event is guaranteed, but there are a lot of a lot of guarantees. The online Bracelet events they span May thirty first through July fifteenth. The full World Series of Poker is May twenty seventh, I believe through July sixteenth, So you know, a couple of days cut off on each side, but that's fine. They are running it back with five live final tables. Those five live final tables, so you'll start playing online, you'll reach the live you'll reach the final table, they'll pause the tournament. Those people will come out to Las Vegas and they will play at the horseshoe for the bracelet. Those are the thirty two hundred dollars Nolan Hold Them high Roller, the fifty three hundred dollars Nolanman Hold Them high Roller six Max, A twenty five hundred dollars Nolaman Hold Them Event, fifty three hundred dollars Nolaman Hold Them high Roller Championship, the thirty two hundred dollars high Roller six Max. Now I don't really understand the fourth one that I mentioned, the fifty three hundred dollars Nolan Hold Them high Roller Championship. Shouldn't the championship event be bigger than everything else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think last year was a ten game, right. Maybe it's just a better structure.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm just saying, like, you have another fifty three hundred high roller like I would think.
Speaker 2: You would have, Yeah, you would, Yeah, differentiate it.
Speaker 1: Best buy ins across the entire thirty online gold brased events started two hundred and fifty dollars, which I think last year was three thirty three. I think was the lowest one, so a little bit smaller on that end, but not you know, not that much different. And then of course up to the fifty three hundred dollars and then they are you know, this does include the shared liquidity across Nevada, New Jersey, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. So I would expect these to be quite big.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I think in recent years you and I have both done you know, our article where we mentioned all the different winners, and sometimes it's like, you know, this guy won twenty k, and you know, so you're not going to get any more of that. You know, these are going to be some pretty pretty juicy prize pools, some pretty big first place prizes, so you know it'll be pretty good over.
Speaker 2: I think I very confident this is new. But it looks like they have a couple of multi day.
Speaker 1: No they did that before, Yeah, but but they are. They are bringing that that stuff back.
Speaker 2: I know they've done on GG, I just didn't know they've done it on Yeah. I think one of them is a Colossus, Yeah, ones a Mystery Yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Have a bunch of Mystery Boundary. I think all the Mystery Bounty events, if I remember correct when I was looking at the schedule earlier, I think all the Mystery bound events are the ones with the guarantees on them.
Speaker 2: They have that million million million.
Speaker 1: Mystery boundies are you know, that's what everyone loves to play, so of course they're gonna have plenty of those.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how many I'll play this summer, you know, just because obviously we have a lot of work and whatever. But something I would like to play is they have two twenty five scrambles, So those are on there. So those are nice and juicy to try and win yourself a w S a P main events.
Speaker 2: So those also have guarantees. Yeah yeah, well yeah, yeah, of course you said the other things with guarantees of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I got you. So there's that. That's the the I guess part A of the w c P news that that recently dropped, and then part B is that the Wasit plus app is coming to Vegas. You know, I think we kind of thought it might, but then we heard it might not, you know, just some regulation stuff here in Vegas with with the casinos here and whatever. But they got it done, so the app is coming to Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I do want to mention that a lot of the information that I gathered around the Wasity plus app stuff I got from the good team over at Pokerfuse pokerfuse dot com. They do a bunch of great work. Nick Jones, you know, does incredible work.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Nick Jones also had a great thread on Twitter poker pro Jones is his handle, just talking about all the different Pennsylvania stuff that's happening a news Aurora. As I already mentioned, there's a lot of good stuff over there as well. So to shout out to those guys for all the information that they constantly populated and there by the way they're like often you know, I think I said, you know, you and I kind of thought that it was to be plus app could come, but we also thought maybe it wouldn't come this year, maybe for twenty twenty six. They called it. They were like, no, this is coming for twenty twenty five. So they were on the ball, as they are many times. They tend to predict that things are coming and they likely happen. They're also very well sourced, so of course those predictions do carry a lot of weight. Anyway, about the details of this now, it is said to be needed by all players to enter tournaments. I think that that's now. Also, I don't know, I I think you saw it, but we both saw Kevin Matt tweet something right that is not sleted, but he had all these responses but those aren't deleted, so like, I don't know what happened. But like one of the things that we saw in that now deleted tweet was was it like registration is only going to be open like nine am to ten pm or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a very iffy. Yes, but but if you.
Speaker 1: Think about it, if they are requiring the WSP plus app, and you can do all the registration through the WSP plus app, well, then you can obviously cut the actual live in person registration, right, Like that would make sense because you're just trying to funnel everything to a much more streamlined and efficient thing, you know, much more overhead on the cost. You don't need all those people in there working twenty four to seven, you know, you can just have people can you know, verify their account, load their account however they do that, and then you know, registered tournaments right through the app. I believe. I also saw no more Bravo Poker Live, which was I mean, listen, Bravo Poker Live was it was a benefit to the WSP yes, but it was also a bit archaic.
Speaker 2: It was like very old.
Speaker 1: This Waspy plus app looks awesome. So I know it's been in use down at the WSP Paradise and Bahamas for the past two years, but you know, we haven't been there, we haven't used it, so it'll be our first time using it. So I think it'll be a big help.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It also is going to allow you to track you know, like you'll have your tournament clock right there, you'll have players remaining price. Well, I just think of it like, you know, when when I went to play the NAPT event the Poker Stars an APT event at Resorts World, and you had to use the Poker Stars Live app. Ye, everything was in the app. So that's just what I think this is. And that sort of stuff is great. It's certainly going to streamline the process. I'm gonna definitely try and you know, I'm gonna play five or six events I think this summer, but like try and set up my account in the early days just so I can press a couple of buttons, not have to wait in any lines, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: So so we I guess I'm just concerned about is it allowed. I mean, I'm sure it's fine.
Speaker 1: How can they announce it if it's not allowed?
Speaker 2: Hey done stuff we had before. I don't know. I'm just like I think also, I mean, I love the app. I love everything that they're trying to do with it, and obviously sweating Paradise through the app was always good. Just you're coming to Nevada, which has the strictest, you know, gaming regulations, and I'm just wondering, is everything signed off? That's what I would say.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't think they're coming out with the news if it's not signed off. Secondary to that, I think Nevada in general needs to like get with the times.
Speaker 2: Yes, that'll agree with that.
Speaker 1: It's not just in this situation. Like I would say the same thing about like the way Nevada operates with sports betting, like all this silly nonsense, like like let's go Nevada, Like you're losing. I see all these numbers from all the reporters out there, like you know Colorado sports betting numbers, New Jersey, Like you know, they're doing pretty well and they are, like they have a much better user experience for a lot of their stuff versus here in Nevada. So fix it, guys, Like let's go now I'm also kind of a bit of a weird purist. I do really like actually going up to the cage, actually putting my money down, actually getting a ticket, Like, I like that feeling. I know I've talked with Jeff Platt about this. I know I've talked with you about this.
Speaker 2: Like, I actually like it.
Speaker 1: Now save me the two hour line. I get it. That's why I would usually register like eleven thirty at night, the night before stuff like that, because we're always there. But uh, but but yeah, this will be a really good change of pace. I thought when you were gonna say, I'm worried that you're gonna be like, are you sure, like all the super seniors are gonna be able to use this app lit? Yeah, I mean that's the one thing.
Speaker 2: It's also you know, it's the deal. It's too right. The dealers have to input on bus players. It's gonna add a bit happened too. I would assume that's how I do it, and they do the chip counts and stuff like. That's gonna slow it's gonna slow the hands down because they're gonna fumble over the clock and check people in bus people.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was all part of it I thought it was.
Speaker 2: I'm getting seen that like, if they're going to go, they're going to go all in. That's what I mean, more than.
Speaker 1: You're soft for the first year, like you kind of require all the it's you, it's your soft launch, you know, to get all the players to download it to use it, and then you bring in the next wave of it for like twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, well they're not going to do everything then I think it'll be fine. But yeah, just imagine having to train the dealers and getting you know, all hundreds of dealers and thousands of dealers to be able to use something they've never used it for.
Speaker 1: Sound like Matt Savage over here just anti training people.
Speaker 2: That I'm not anti training at all, but like this news just came out less than a month before the World Series starts. That's more. My point is that you know you've hired, you've already hired dealers, and you probably start in the training process. You know that these guys might be scrambling internally to to get everyone up to up to scratch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's also why I say that it's probably not going to be a dealer. I think it's not going to be on the tables, like it's not going to be that robust. I mean, listen, if it is cool whatever, but I just don't think it is going to be for the first year. I think it's going to be one of those players saying focus on registration, streamline that entire process, and then add that next wave you know for dowasit P plus app two point zero if you want to call it that, you know, coming for twenty twenty six. So that's where my head is. I do kind of wish or maybe I wonder And I was looking around on the WASP dot com website and I couldn't find a lot of information about it. But you know, like I downloaded the app right like you said, to sweat some of the stuff down at the Bahamas. You know, why can I can I go to Horseshoe right now and load it? Like can I can I take care of it now? Like what do I have or do I have to wait till like you know, May twenty seventh, and like when everyone's there, Like can I just get this out of.
Speaker 2: The way that I don't know, I'm like actually doing my profile now because obviously, like I said, I already had it. It was linked to my club gg account as well, so Alady found it.
Speaker 1: And I think it's all. It's all I'm pretty sure what what do they call it? I forget what they call the log in, but like your club gg account is linked, this is linked, poker Steak account is linked. Like it's all linked, which is great, Like that's what you want. You want that ease, you know, so so that's all happening. So that's that's really good. I forget what it's called, Like you have.
Speaker 2: Like a GG pass or like what, Yeah, I think that's what I figure what it.
Speaker 1: Is when you have to like I see it. It prompts when I go to sign into poker Steak. But but yeah, I you know, I like that everything is is linked together. And then you know, I would say probably down the line, you get at least in my idea of a perfect world, like if I have money on ws P dot com, this should all be linked in with WIP and then I should also be able to buy into live tournaments with the money in my online account, like what like you know, what's the what's the difference if it comes out of like what did I think they called the Paris Tournament account. I think they called it, you know, like what's the difference if it comes out of that bucket or if it comes out of my online bucket, like I would, you know, wherever I have the money, Like I should just be able to be like, yeah, I'm gonna use this option, you know. And I think they said that you can you can do PayPal to load it that Paris Tournament account. I think credit card as well, probably some sort of wire transfer. Again, I kind of looked around WSB dot com. I couldn't find it, you know, ahead of this episode, but you know, in the coming weeks, coming episodes, I think we'll get a little bit more clarity on on how this is all gonna work out. And I'm assuming with the deleted tweet from keV Math, you know, it's also probably still a little bit of a work in progress in terms of the messaging that that you know, they're getting out there with you know, Kevi Math obviously being the divisiity social medias are so yeah, so I guess, you know, stay tuned to that. But I mean I would say you can also probably download the app wherever you are right now and kind of get ahead start, get a little feel.
Speaker 2: For it, you know whatever, get a verify your profile and identity, do all that stuff. Get that out of the way now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you know, obviously once you get here, when you come, you're gonna have to get all that squared away. But at least you'll be you know, one step ahead of everyone else as opposed to coming here and you know, you walk into the registration line, they tell you got to do this and then whatever.
Speaker 2: So Super Senior's Day is going to be a fun day at the registration case. Well, that's what.
Speaker 1: That's kind of one thing that I'm a little bit confused about is I believe I've seen that they're still going to have the regular registration open, but then I've also seen that you need to have the app. So like again, that's what when I say like the super Senior or the Seniors, I mean, sorry, I'm you know, we're kind of you know, bashing you guys a little bit here, but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, then also, what if you don't have a smartphone, there has to be some work around. But yeah, I mean not everyone has a smartphone.
Speaker 2: Not everyone has a smartphone. Yeah, look, it's gonna take some time. It's just like any kind of you know, technology changes to people. It's gonna it's gonna take a little bit of a bit of time before everyone's adjusted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'll say that, you know, all in all, very positive move, good move. So you know, I think it's gonna make things a lot more efficient, a lot easier during the summer. You know, if you're somebody who who obviously wants to like deposit money on there and all that sort of thing, you get that squared away. It should alleviate having the stand in long lines like all that sort of stuff, which is great. I also gonna help like if you have like simple things like you have the tournament clock right there and it's synced on your phone, so you don't have to like get up and be like hey serious, set a timer for twelve minutes, and then you know, you and I are walking in the hallway, You're like, oh, how much time do we have left? I have thirteen minutes? Why I have eleven?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well what is it?
Speaker 4: You know, like all that.
Speaker 1: So it's just it's just right there on your phone, which is really great. So again, I think this is a positive thing and uh. You know that combined with the fact that we now have the online bracelet schedule, we got joint player pools, you know, with Pennsylvania now in there. I mean, it's it's time, baby, let's go. We're a month away from everything. Poker Go will be coming out with its streaming plans pretty soon, and we've been working hard at it, just kind of trying to nail everything down. Excited for that, you know, obviously excited for the summer, and yeah, I'm looking forward to what else you got for.
Speaker 2: It to be a great summer, is it? Yeah? Of course?
Speaker 1: So okay, well you want me. How about this? We've been really positive. Let's get negative for a second. Oh god, no, why not? Like I can't, I can't just let a whole bunch of you know, sunshine and rainbow has been blowing out everyone's ass. We got to get a little negative. I'm now. I will also say that I don't know, necessarily think that what I'm about to say is negative. It's it's like a negative prediction in a way. It's it's I'm not fully ready to like, you know, ink the prediction, like sign the dotted line and send it in. But it's it's been working. It's like in the It's in the It's in the take Oven. And I think WSP actually comes out in the positive through all of this. And what I'm gonna say is that there is a crap ton of poker in Vegas this summer. Okay. I also think that generally speaking, just with the way that again people having kind of less money to spend. Also as it pertains to the summer, are the Europeans going to come over? Just with everything that's going on, like with the politics and you know, all this sort of stuff. Like I don't know, I feel like if people were going to sit out, they might sit out. If you're kind of on the fence, maybe you lean a little bit more towards not coming versus coming, Like I don't, I don't know exactly. So there's that. Now, do you also lose people in Vegas in general because of something like Pennsylvania joining where now Pennsylvania gets action within the bigger player pool, they get action to thirty online bracelets, Maybe you don't have to make a week or two trip out here. And what I'm gonna say is that everywhere outside of the w s AP, from what I can tell, has guarantees on every single event on their schedule. Sp of course doesn't need to do that. They only they guarantee what the Gladiators event, they guarantee a million dollar bounty and a million dollar first place prize. In the Mystery Millions event, they guarantee, you know, a million dollar first place prize and a millionaire maker. But like those prize pools get a bazillion dollar, so it's not even that big of a deal, right, So they don't ever have to really worry about missing guarantees. But everyone else does. Yeah, and some of these guarantees are freaking huge, So I'm a little bit worried that a lot of the other places are gonna missed a lot of guarantees, you know. Now, why say that like this can be quote unquote positive for dovaspvasitp like their numbers could be down, let's say, like if everything's down, but they don't have guarantees, so it doesn't really matter, right. And also they have more events this year than they had last year, so as a whole, they probably go up in terms of entries for the whole summer. So that's fine as well, But you're looking like a win of Venetian in Aria, like even the smaller ones, the Golden Nuggets, the Orleans, like, they all have guarantees. And so you see it across the board. You just saw it in Texas, like there's it's getting hard to kind of pull the same numbers, right. It seems like it seemed like for let's say the last year or two, things kind of plateaued, which is largely because there's just so much on off. There is so much going around now, I would say the plateau has kind of started to be a little bit of a decline slope. Not a lot, but just a little bit. But if you got, like I was looking at the wind schedule, they have forty million dollars in guarantees of summer. I mean, like what, like, are these places all going to hit them? Are they worried?
Speaker 4: Like you know?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. I feel like it could be bad now. I don't think it's gonna be like a bloodbath like per event. Like if you have let's say a five hundred K guarantee, I don't think you're getting three hundred k. But let's say you get a five hundred K guarantee and you get four seventy, so now you're thirty k short, and then the next event is five k shore, and the next event is you know, and these are these like they're like fifty events on these schedules, like it's a lot Nick can add up quickly. So I don't know. I'm like kind of worried about just everything that's going on in the state of the world, et cetera. So that's my negative Nancy thought. Obviously, I don't want it to happen. I hope it doesn't happen, you know. I want poker everywhere to just be through the roof. But that's kind of my thought.
Speaker 2: No, I think I agree with you. I think the numbers will be down. I think people from overseas will be skeptical to come in. Last month, we obviously we had some webbly state of the market, which affects things as well. We're not sure where that's going to be in another month. So look, if I was an international operator, like a Pocus Stars in Europe, I would be putting on a big festival in Europe because I think it would be heavily attended from the European crowd. But here in America, I think the World Series will be fine. I will bet that their numbers are down, you know, on average in each event, but the addition of flights in the bigger field events, I think their total entrant numbers will eclipse last year. You know something. They'll be worried they're the other rooms. I think they're just they understand what the World Series is. Everyone's coming into town to play events. All the casinos here in Vegas will work together and kind of figure their schedules out so there's not too much clashing, I think. And they've done a pretty decent job. It's not you can't be perfect, but they've done decent enough job to do that this year, and you're really giving players a full range of events they can play. And I think those five and JK guarantees that I'll be fine, to be honest. So I don't think any of the smaller rooms quote unquote, like smaller in the World Series are really that worried about about anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I hope, I'm just just worrying for the sake of worrying, you know. I would maybe maybe over the next couple of weeks, I'll kind of look around a little bit more of the regional stuff that's happening, and see if there's like a year over year type of thing that I can kind of pinpoint. But yeah, I mean we'll see, you know. Now, let me spin it back positive and say that the Aria Poker Classic specific this thirty five hundred dollars buying BETMGM event is just a BETEMGM.
Speaker 2: Event championship championship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three million dollar guarantee. This event I think can blowdoors because Pennsylvania, now that I know that Nevada's not involved in the BEDMGM stuff, but they've all like they have this. They made that c note tournament, the free note, it had a boosted guarantee, and I think they're even giving a BETMGM championship package worth five K to the winner of that, and like they're starting to put the packages and stuff out there. Well, now, if you have Michigan and New Jersey linked with Pennsylvania, you can run bigger satellites for your marquee event. So I think this event specifically could really benefit from the fact that Pennsylvania is now involved in the multi state agreement, so they can boost their prize schools, their satellite offerings, you know, run more of them all that sort of stuff. So I think this event, like let's say last year it got I don't know, I'm just throwing a number out there. I have no idea what the number is. Let's say it got fifty satellite qualifiers, that could easily be one hundred. It could easily be one hundred this year. Now, Like, so this event specifically can do really really really well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're spot on right there.
Speaker 1: So you know, I think if I think this event can be one of those ones where I know, obviously a lot of people are like, first and foremost, I'm gonna play WAIP stuff that's the most value obviously, the bracelets all that, I get it. I would say this time frame, you know, it takes place right before the WSP main event, I would say, you know, probably pencil this one into your schedule.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's a it's a good one. And if you get a lot of online satellite qualifiers, you know, that could also provide again a lot of value. So I think that that's probably gonna be beneficial, you know, through through all of this. So, I mean, we'll see overall how it all plays out. But uh, but yeah, it's gonna be nuts. Man, It's definitely gonna be nuts.
Speaker 2: Can't wait, can't wait? All right?
Speaker 1: We got nothing else, I don't think, right, mm hmmm mm hmm, All right, well, I mean, I guess next week we'll bring some up, probably have a little bit more clarity on the WS plus app stuff. We can talk about that. We can start just kind of previewing the summer stuff. It's obviously big, and it's enormous all summer long. So I'm looking forward to getting into everything. And I know we say it all the time, but it's gonna be here before we know it. And now we're less than a month away, it's certainly gonna be here before we know it. So I can't wait, all right. For Tim Duckworth, my name is Donny Peters. We will talk to you guys next time, so you