Speaker 1: Five o five I k r C DE talk station, Happy Friday Vation.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, neither do I. I'm having problems this morning my uh my, my headphones, which I have to rely on. I'd be quite honest with you here, Joe, and you hear everything that's going on, the commercials, the breaks. My headphone jack is coming out at like nine hundred decibels. They replaced it the other day, and since there's no volume control on it, I'm just getting blasted out. So I gotta go head free or headphone free this morning. At least maybe we get the situation fixed. But I'm I'm I'm at a disadvant nothing like the disadvantage of folks in Florida are dealing with. That's for darn sure. Anyway, try to have a happy Friday and get the rundown here we can. I'll invite phone calls. Maybe you get a comment, Joe, you can open the phone lines. Maybe we'll get somebody calling in this morning. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk or pound five fifty on AT and T phones. What do you get in touch with me? I always remember never forget fifty five care Sea dot com. Check out Judge Nittapollotano always a great conversation with the judge yesterday is particularly frightening if you believe in the First Amendment. I'm just beside myself in disbelief over the conversation I had with a judge yesterday. So if that's enough to prod you along to get to fifty five car sea dot com, if you can get to listen to them, I can't encourage you enough to do that. And why you're there, get a copy of Reimagining America's Dream by my guest Bernie Mullin yesterday, and we learned a little bit about the Bublichenny Veterans event earlier in the week, as well as Jack athertim of The Big Picture. It's all right there. Get your Heart Media app while you're there too, so you can listen wherever you happen to be stream the audio from the app. Coming up seven thirty. Donovan Neil Americans for Prosperity with his senior advisor AFP Action had on but early voting. It is early voting. Get out and vote. It's not just for Democrats anymore. Early voting. I mean, you know, the hurricanes's a great illustration of one of the reasons why I don't expect a hurricane to come rolling through. But you know we've seen it in the past. Hurricane wins came through. I remember that like it was yesterday. We were out without power for about a week. Trees all over the roadway. It's difficult to get to work. It just you know, it does happen. Life can throw your curveball from time to time. So you've got an opportunity to vote, get in and get your vote recorded. Coming to an ETO five, Marine Corps colonel retired William Dunn got boots on the ground report from the wars in the Middle East and an analysis of the pager attack. I still think was weird but brilliant the way they pulled that one off. Anyhow, William Dunn retired Marine Corps colonel at eight oh five, and of course it being Friday Eve, Jay Ratliffe and he found Yeah, he's like to print out other stories for Jay to talk about. It was on his list. One of the ones I saw. A Turkish airline captain died during the flight. And we've talked about single pilot airplanes and the need to have a backup there. And I think this is a great illustration that the need for a backup hurricane conditions pounding airports, one will commercial flight activity resume. And of course we always close out with Jay with hub delays, and followed by that, we're gonna hear from Rob Tuttle. He'll close the show out with we don't need a constitutional convention. That's an empower you seminar all the details on that at eight forty five, closing the show out again with Rob Tuttele. You can go to a power Youamerica dot org and just go ahead and RSVP and get the details on that withdrawal so gonna be available at you five cares dot com. Okay, we got Hurricane Milton, a lot of reports. I was listening on the way into the live reporting, of course, waiting for the sun to come up so they can get a better assessment of the damage. But I don't know. The big concern was it would be hitting at category five, which apparently didn't happen, and the hit landfall of the Category three downgraded to category two. Category three is one hundred and twenty five for hour winds and I'm not trying to discount the category. Even if it's a category one, you're still dealing with the problems, most notably the rain, which has been absolutely horrific anyway, downgraded a Category one storm, and based upon my checking it out on the Weather Channel this morning, if you look at the radar future into the forecast, it should be across the state of Florida and off into the Atlantic out to sea by roughly seven o'clock this morning, so if maybe a little bit earlier, but obviously with the tails from the hurricane, they're still getting hit with a lot of wind and a lot of rain. There were seventeen tornadoes, multiple fatalities, and the fatality reports are obviously growing over time anyway. St. Lucci County, Florida, seventeen tornadoes and they say multiple fatalities, hundreds of homes destroyed, millions almost three million without power. As of one o'clock this morning, power was out for more than two million customers, and they say three hundred one thousand customers lost power in one hour. Of course, that's certainly going to happen when the transmission lines go down. Let's see. Officials in Orlando, Florid announced that the police and firefighters were pulled from the roads and told to shelter in place because of the winds. They say wins over more than forty miles per hour present a risk to those folks that are the first responders. They shelter in place in order to do so, which means they're not going to be arriving to come and assist you until that order's release. I'm not quite sure where we are in terms of those things right now, but at least that's what was widely reported. How is this a couple of let me just get to this one. Somebody me wrote a giant WTF question mark exclamation point on the top of this report on what owners of electric vehicles should do before and after the storm. Now, I want you to listen to the information you got here, and I want you to think about a world where the only damn thing we have to drive is an electric vehicle. Hillsborough County ahead of the Milton, Ahead of the Hurricane Milton. This was before the hurricane made landfall. One of the counties in its projected path warned that ev owners and flood zones should move their vehicles away from flood areas and storm surge, noting that storm surge and flooding can, in their words, pose a potential risk to lithium ion batteries and could lead to fires. EV's left mine during hurricanes should not be plugged into charging stations or parked in garages because potential fireheads of the batteries flooded with saltwater could pose According to the website, advice is keeping electric vehicles fifty feet away from buildings and other cars. Okay, now, think of every internal combustion engine out there on the road right now. Everybody's got one parked in the driveway or the garage. It's close to the house. That's where we normally park them, even on the street, maybe fifty feet away from your home. But how much space do you have out there in the world, especially when a hurricane's coming to put the electric vehicles that you got to get away from your home and away from your garage. Florida CFO and State Fire Marshall Jimmy Patronis pointed out that there's a fire safety lord about lithium ion batteries in connection with the EV and the hurricane quote. After the storm, if you do have an EV that's been flooded by salt water and it remains in your garage or near your home, please remove it immediately to a safe location so that you can worry about fixing your home instead of rebuilding it due to a fire. Okay. It's also warned you shouldn't be driving your vehicle if it's been hit with a flood. Okay, Well, so my garage gets flooded, my EV got flooded. They say it shouldn't have been in the garage in the first place, fifty feet away from the home. Didn't do that because I couldn't find a place to park it. It's now been flooded. They're telling me to move it to immediately to a safe location so it doesn't blow up in my face and burn my house down. But they say don't drive it after it's been flooded. A bit of a catch twenty two. So they said EV owners should not operate through vehicles they've been damaged by flooding, nor should they charge them. Same warning from the Hillsboro County Advisory on the heels of saying get it the hell out of your house if it has been flooded. Florida CFHO Division State Farm marshals stead of electric vehicles are damaged by flooding, vehicle owners should follow instructions from the manufacturer, and here you go. Open vehicle windows indoors too. In their words end quote, allow any potentially flammable gases to vent close quote. We are forcing us to drive around and blanket time bombs. Geez oh. And here's a fun thing in a world where we can't we don't have a country that can cross check your well immigration status and whether you're a citizen of the United States of America for the purposes of voting. The State Fire Marshal's office down there in Florida said that the cross checked EVY hybrid registration with storm surge forecast and determine Florida has over fifty five thousand vehicles at risk from storm surge From Milton Well, isn't that nice? Though they had the FEMA map for where the storm surges are, they have the warnings and the evacuation orders, they've crossed reference that to determine how many electric vehicles are in that particular region, and they narrat it down to fifty five five thousand. I don't know why this has got me so Irk but you know the federal government is going to mandate you buy one of these stupid time bombs, which of course have no impact on reducing global emissions collectively. The prior storm, the storm surge from Helene, was linked to eleven evy lithium ion battery fires and thirty seven non evy lithium ion battery blazes in Florida. That information from the cfo's Division of State Fire Marshal wonderful. So get yourself an EV and have fun with it. It's gonna cost you more money, and of course I don't recommend you parking near your house, even if you're not in a flood zone. Five sixteen fifty five ks the Detox station. Feel free to give me a call if you get something you want to talk about. Love to hear from you. Five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk. I'll be back in a moment, only a few five nineteen on a Friday, even a happy one to you. Prayers and hopes and fingers crossed for the friends in Florida and the general area. My friend Laura who called in yesterday getting ready to deal with the flood and She posted some videos overnight of them trying to fight the uphill battle of the water coming into their home. Their whole living room had been an inch two or three inches of water dealing with the shop back. Fortunately, their neighbors have a generator power back up, whole home generator, and they're able to tap into that, which I guess allowed them to operate that shop back. But oh my god, it's just you know, that's just one person, one person, and we deal with the state that's got a problem with insurance already, and they're expecting billions of dollars in damage from this one. Of course, it's too early to tell, and maybe the fact that it dropped down to a category two category one storm as it hit Landfall will reduce the amount of damage. We can only pray for that. But they've been dealing with insurance headaches for years and years. The premiums have gone through the roof, insurers have left the state because they can't deal with the liability issues. The North Carolina damage alone is expected to cause about eleven billion dollars in insured losses. That's insured losses, according to Moody's estimates. Now that probably and I certainly does not include the uninsured losses, and nobody in North Carolina had flood insurance. It is why would I get flood insurance? I live in a mountain town. Well, welcome to reality. It's a sad thing. So there was one early estimate if a Cat five had hit Florida, they were expecting maybe worst case scenario one hundred and seventy five billion dollars. Now only one can only hope that it's on the lower end of the initial projections, which are more like fifty billion dollars. But this is going to have a real ripple effect for folks in Florida and whether or not they can even get insurance. A lot of folks are believing that they're going to lose their insurance company is going to quit. The insolvency is a legitimate concern, according to AMBS and Insurance Rating Agency. They warned on Wednesday that a Florida specific insurers lost from Helene and now Milton could prove too devastating for those insurance companies. They said the impact of both storms could very well flip the script the twenty twenty four the calendar year, was looking better for Floridians in terms of the premiums they had to pay. But welcome to two hurricanes back to back, and so they're expecting a reversal of that trend. So pointing out again flooding damage not covered by traditional homeowner policies, and according to those in the know, only about twenty percent of Floridians carry flood insurance, and Floridians already pay the highest homeowner premiums in the nation. It's going to be an issue in voting as well. They expect some sort of legislative solution, but I'm sorry, there are actuaries of work, and if your state is prone to being hit with massive weather events like this, as it always has been historically, as long as records have been capped, you're a much greater risk ergo your premium is going to be a lot higher. Anyhow, there's a state insurance fund that they have, sort of like the insurer of last resort, and they were endeavoring to move some of those policies off to private insurance companies. Now question marks swirl around whether that can be done anyway. In terms of communications, I thought this was rather interesting. You can send iPhone text via satellite. It's like a Tech Friday thing, But you gotta have an iPhone and it has to be an iOS eighteen. That's a software upgrade. And there was an article in the Journal the other day by Joanna Stern talking about, well, this guy named Matt von Swall. He lived outside of Asheville, North Carolina. He had just got done upgrading his phone to this new software, which means he was able to get satellite connected text messages and it came as a great relief to him because he was unable to reach anyone. He wanted his family to know that he was still alive. So, if you've got an iPhone, hardware needed to connect the satellite is in all iPhone fourteen fifteen to sixteen models. Emergency SOS capability should just work automatically, but to enable satellite texting you have to be in this iOS eighteen, which you can figure out by checking your software settings and look for software update. If you're up to date, then you can send I messagers or SMS text to anyone when you don't have cellular or Wi Fi coverage. It's a nice feature to have because this is one of the things I was worried about when Helene went through I thought about my mom and what if something like happened, you know, and she's all the way across town. This is a way around that. iPhone users receiving messages sadly must also be running or should also be running, the iOS eighteen as well, so which means the recipients also have to have an Apple iPhone. Sorry sucks Android users. Satellite texting is not yet on the phones, but according to the reporting, the new Pixel nine is Google's first phone with the ability to contact emergency services via satellite, so it's making its way to all the cell phone communication technology I suspect, but as of right now, Apple they say that it's not. You know, it may take longer to send the messages. You've got to stand out and use your phone to sort of point at a satellite and it's going to help you guide you through that. The guy I mentioned earlier that was interviewed about this, he said, you look like a moron when you're doing it. You're just spinning around on your back porch. But at least it works. It also takes a little bit longer to get the messages back and forth, and you may not get all the messages that have been sent to you. You cannot send pictures, videos, or audio messages through this service, but again a welcome wifeline in times of disaster. Five twenty five ifty five cares that the talk station I do have local stories you can dive on into.
Speaker 2: I'll be right back fifty five car the Toxtam.
Speaker 1: They're great America, the Hybrid.
Speaker 3: Day Nice, Thea's guys every night down to forty seventy four with sunny skies from off fifty one over night with Clair skies and seventy un of you the Eye on Saturday with mostly Sunday skies, Sport nine degrees right now if it's.
Speaker 1: Not KERCV talk station and it's five twenty eight two local stories sort of kind of local story involving the hurricane as well. I don't know if you've seen. I saw the article before I saw the actual photograph, and it looks amazing. The roof of the Major League Baseball Stadium, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, just absolutely shredded by the hurricane. And that's where the first responders were being sheltered. So Tampa Bay Times Reporter is being used as a staging site for workers who were brought into the area. To deal with storms aftermath, so I'm not quite sure where they moved them, if they had to move them, But yeah, the roof has been ripped to shreds. And that's not the point I brought it up for. In the reporting, I read the stadium open in nineteen nine. Do you it cost one hundred and thirty eight million dollars. It's due to be replaced in time for the twenty twenty eighth season with a ballpark that is reportedly going to cost one point three billion dollars. And I thought to myself, I don't even asked Joe Chick, or aren't the stadium upgrades that the Bengals are asking for? Aren't they in the area of one point two billion dollars themselves? They're going to build an entire Major League Baseball stadium in Tampa for about the money that the Bengals want for upgrades, just saying anyhow, lots of school levees, seven of them this local story. Seven school district here in southwest higre asking taxpayers for more money, some to raise funds to help with inflation and avoid cutting programs and staff. Two of them are in building new schools, another to dig the district out of a multi million dollar financial hole. Four districts want tax new tax levy as well, proposing a one percent income tax increase. Wyoming Schools making the largest of all, with the proposed bond issues set to raise seventy two and a half million dollars for three new elementary schools and other improvements and renovations. So folks looking at a tax levee. Marrimount School District tax levey to for the purpose of current expenses generate third three point two million annually. Voters are asking for a five point nine five percent millage increase. That would be two hundred and eight dollars for each one hundred thousand dollars of assessed value. So you got a three hundred thousand dollars home, You're going to pay an additional six hundred and twenty four dollars a year. Mount Healthy School District three mills one point six million a year. It'll raise They say they're to stop the bleeding from a ten point eight million dollar deficit that prompted a place to the school district of financial emergency. In April, Princeton City School's five mil tax levee collecting ten point six million a year to cover current operating expenses one hundred and seventy five dollars for each one hundred grand So if you have a three hundred thousand dollars house, you will pay and four hundred and twenty five dollars a year. Monroe Local School District three point nine million levee thirty six point seventy five million dollars at a raise for the purpose of building a new high school on Yankee Road. Milford Exempted Village School District let us see asking residents who live in the district for an additional income tax of one percent beginning January first, not effect property taxes, but it's then to be based on compensation earned through wages, salaries, and tips, as well as net earning some self employment.
Speaker 4: HM.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting proposal. Clinton Massy Local School District similar request to Milford's. They're asked to approve one percent income tax levey that would maintain current education programs, continue the implementation of the districts Strategic Plan, whatever that is, provide permanent improvement funds, and keep up with rising costs related to the district's day to day expenses. Wyoming City Schools coming in number seven here, Wyoming's could be considered what the Cincinnati Enquires Amber Hunt describes as a showstopper, largest levy proposal of any of the four counties. Meant to raise enough money to rebuild three elementary schools. Seven point nine eight mili bond issue would raise seventy two and a half million dollars new construction will pay for let us see here. Overall impact of passing this levee with the previous one expiring would translate to an increase of four point sixty two mills one hundred and sixty one sixty one annually for every one hundred thousand, meaning the three hundred thousand dollars homeowner. And that's got to be a low end home in Wyoming, right, four hundred and eighty five dollars in annual taxes. Twenty two year old person dead after crashing his motorcycle into a fence in Ross Township, according to the Butler County Sheriff's Office. Happened about eleven to fifteen am on Ross hannerover Road. Twenty two old was on a twenty twenty one Suzuki. He lost control. According to the Sheriff's office, Suzuki went off the road, hit a fence by the Butler County Sheriff's The Butler County Sheriff's office pointed out Ross Township Fires responded to the incident determined the twenty two year old was dead. He was wearing a helmet, which I of course strongly recommend, although it doesn't always work. Kentucky State Police investigated the death of a woman in Robertson County. A cord to the statement from the Post six troopers, they got a call around twelve thirty pm about a deceased woman on Briarlely Ridge Road. Troopers responded to the property and confirmed the report said, our body was found in the backyard of a home near Mount Olivet on Briarly Road. Happened yesterday. Received a call from somebody at this residence that doesn't live here. They said, come to the residents for a possible death on the property. Cord to the statement, troopers attempted to contact a female inside the residents got no response. The search warrant was obtained a special response team sent to serve the warrant. No other information was provided, though order to do the report, we did find a ceize. Person in the house was locked and secured, so we backed out. We currently, we secured the property and obtained search warrant for the property. No arrest made. Police wouldn't say if they suspected foul play and said there was no threat to the public. And I seventy five North closed for a second time this month as they continued construction. Closed between the off ramp of State Route five sixty two Norwood Lateral and the on ramp of the Norwood Lateral otherwise known as five sixty two West closure ten pm on Friday until three a m.
Speaker 4: Monday.
Speaker 1: In addition, the exit ramp from eastbound State Route five sixty two North Lattle to Paddock Road will also be closed through the weekend to alleviate traffic. Your head's up on that one, folks. Plan ahead. It's going to be a little bit of a backup. Five thirty five, fifty five kr CD Talk Station. I will be back momentarily. I hope you can hang around.
Speaker 5: Fifty five krc dot Com.
Speaker 1: Five thirty nine here fifty five KRCD Talk Station. A very very very very happy Friday Eve. Tody do to stack as stupid up per calls if you want to call in, phone lines are open five one, three, seven, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk. Okay. We love police officers here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show, support our men and women and doing this great service for the community. But we don't like bad police officers. And of course there's always a couple of bad apples in every barrel, and that's where we try to ferret out. And we go to Yazoo City, Mississippi, where we have an officer there facing charges after he was found passed out in his patrol car with an illegal substance in his possession, namely methanphetamine and a meth pipe. According to the Ashes Police Department bells on the officer, later identified as James Jackson, arrested over the weekend. They say they found him passed out with a meth pipe in his hand in his police vehicle. Police say they also found marijuana in the glovebox. He refused a sobriety attest taking the police custody, facing charge of possession of drug paraphernalia and DUI refusal. Since been released on bond. I thought he didn't release any further immediate information, and there's no reports about whether he's still employed as a law enforcement officer. A man wearing a banana costume during an illegal car melt meetups in Philadelphia arrested in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. This happened yesterday morning. Courted police arrested eighteen year old Shane Thomas after officers filtered into a Plymouth Township neighborhood before eight am and surrounded a house. Officers heavily armed had a search warrant left the house with Thomas and custody. Once officers took him out of the home and handcuffs, the eighteen year old unleashed a ti rate of explatives and other graphic language a court to the police. They claimed Thomas part of an illegal car meetup September twenty first in Philadelphia Spring Gardens Section, one of eleven incidents late Saturday. That Saturday night, He's accused of jumping on police vehicles while wearing a banana costume. They also claim cost a large traffic cone through the window of a police vehicle, as well as lobbed and explosive device at the tire of another police car. Why are you doing that? No idea. Since that day, Philadelphia Police said it would hold those participating in the car meetups responsible. Detectives scroll through hundreds of videos posted to social media trying to make identifications. Investigators say, despite Thomas's effort to delete his social media a friend tagged him in a high school graduation photo using his Instagram account. Police they were able to backtrack and possitively identify him as the man in the banana suit.
Speaker 6: It is doing it things because they're idiots, oh incidentally, and are serving and executing the search, weren't.
Speaker 1: They recovered a yellow banana suit from his home. According to Lieutenant Dennis Rosenbaum speak with the News, the man was dressed in a banana costume. So this stuck out when the social media people were doing that, and through the investigation they were able to identify that he had been tagged in several other social media posts in the past, and including one of a high school graduation up here in Plymouth Township though that investigator, through that investigation, we're able to identify him facing charge of aggravated assault on police, criminal conspiracy, risking a catastrophe in a riot. That's a new one on me all which are felonies. There have been about a half a dozen of arrests. Please say they are actively working to make more rests connected with the car meet up. Let's go to Germany, baw another cops in this case, we're not a fien here. First on in a cookie Monster suit caught speeding down a highway in a move the police say, in their words, was not funny. Court to the Dortmund police, the suspect in the cookie Monster mask sped by a traffic camera going about fifty seven miles per hour in a fifty mile an hour zone. Not exactly what I would call an egregious infraction. That although the police department's original post was written in German, the translation read it's not funny to severely injure or kill a person, even if the accident unfortunately didn't take place, the photo with the cookie Monster mask is real. Police even speculated that the suspect intentionally sped to get a photo of himself in the mask, which honestly, I actually believe is probably the case of seven miles per hour? What are they gonna give me a ticket for that? Hardly wrecked less Let's see what Linda's gott let the Thanks for calling this morning, and a happy Friday EVE to you.
Speaker 7: Oh it's a great day today. I just wanted to kind of tongue in cheek say that since it's illegal in California to have voter ID or to have any ID, why don't we all hop on a plane and go out there and vote and we all vote for Trump.
Speaker 1: Hey, they made the rules, they got to live by them.
Speaker 8: Right, That's right, That's all I had.
Speaker 1: I'll take that. You know, I'm not encouraging people to violate the law and vote in election when you're not legally entitled to do that.
Speaker 2: But ma'am, I just think them up and write them down exactly.
Speaker 1: Joe Streger five, and ask yourself this question, because I know I read about that. Kevin newsm said there was a couple of counties that wanted to require photo IDs to vote, and under California law, apparently the counties were allowed to implement their own identification obligations. I've new some signs into law a prohibition on requiring the photo ID to vote. How can you possibly justify that? And we've moved past the argument that somehow it disenfranchises people of color, because I'm here to support people of color, and I know you're not that dumb. You are able to get a photo ID and has nothing to do with taking your vote away from you. There's some really, really, really stupid white people out there too, you know, lots of them. I've met a bunch of them throughout my life. You can't define intellectual capability based on the color of one's skin. It is easy to get a photo ID, and it is an integral part of ensuring the integrity of the vote. See the last color five forty six fifty five k City Talk Station More stupid coming, I'll be break back.
Speaker 5: I KRC the talk station prescriptions frequent time for the nine first warning weather forecast sunny skies and seventy for the high today overnight, clear in forty seventy four with sunny skies, Tomorrow fifty one with thurskys overnight and on Saturday going all the way up to seventy nine under mostly Sunday skies.
Speaker 1: It's forty eight right now. Time for a traffic.
Speaker 9: Updates from the UCL Traffic Center. Mammo Graham saved vibes called five one, three, five eight four paint dischedule.
Speaker 1: You're a no mammogramm.
Speaker 9: If you see health Expert team, that's five one three, five eight four Pink highways not bad at all, So that start off your Thursday morning. There is an overnight work crew ramping things up. The ramp from col Rain to eastbound seventy four is blocked off because of it, so is the right lane on eastbound seventy four.
Speaker 1: But even with that, I'm seeing no delays.
Speaker 9: Traffic vogume very light between Montana and seventy five. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It is five point fifty. Try to make it a happy Thursday, hundred eight two three talk Big brother is watching, and you know this thing that bothers me, this stack of stupid story really really gets under my skin because we are apparently under constant surveillance and there's nothing we can really literally do about it. So we go to the King's Island where Ohioman said his insurance company dinged his driving score because he rode the Beast. At King's Island, Facebook user posted to the group Roller Coaster Enthusiast Club telling other members about his insurance company that had lowered his driving score after riding the Beast. He said, this is hilarious. My insurance company mistakenly believed I was driving my car when in reality I was riding the roller coaster The Beast at King's Island. Those red dots indicate where the app incorrectly assessed my cornering and breaking skills and lowered my driving score. Post features a screenshot the path of the insurance company's app had tracked. This is the problem. It's got an app hooked up to his insurance company. You know that's something I would never That's a path I would never go down. Thousands of reactions of course on social media. Ma'am, you're going one hundred miles per hour in a forest. Your insurance rates going up? One person wrote. The original poster wrote, so far my raids haven't gone up, thankfully. I'm definitely gonna be calling my insurance company in the morning and letting him know I switched my trip over from driver to passenger. But I'll let them know that if they see any suspicious activity in Mason, Ohio. Then I was at King's Island riding roller coasters, an app hooked up to your insurance company. Well, I put that as the key element of why this story is in the stack is stupid? No, thank you? Oh it happened again. A terrorist fell more than one hundred and seventy feet to her death when she stumbled wild You know the answer to the question, yes, taking a selfie from a cliff top viewing platform.
Speaker 6: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 1: The late thirty nine year old and Essa Poalenko plunged from the Panorafic or Panoramic rather blah, it's five o'clock or give me a break Panorafic Gaggery viewing point in Abkhazia, which is described as a break ray region of Georgia, tried to take the photo of herself Planko was keyword. A beautician and Instagram user, climbed over a barrier to reach the cliff top viewing point, which overlooks the Black Sea. However, as she climbed over the barrier to take the selfie, she stumbled and fell below onto a beach. Paramedic strust of the scene. She died at the hospital. Investigation is underway in the region because of the circumstances surrounding her. Her funeral held in Sochi, Russia, where she lived and worked as the Beautician. This comes after a recent study suggesting that taking selfies may pose a public health problem. Paper scraped news reports of selfie related deaths, as well as cross sectional study by the something called the Io Foundation finding that three hundred and seventy nine people were killed while taking selfies around the world between January eight and July twenty twenty one.
Speaker 6: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 1: Researchers that falls from height is the most common type of selfie related injury. They say tourists were most at risk. The most common cause of death falling from cliffs or waterfalls while doing the selfie bit. Paper also found the prior to their desks, people often climbed over barriers and fenced off areas to reach the perfect selfie spot. Average age reported victims around twenty two years old. The researchers said the victims of selfie related injuries more likely to be female tourists. Researchers said that risk treatments that's in quotes, to prevent selfie deaths were limited, like the exercise of common sense. Well, that is a limited commodity this day and age, isn't it. However, the adoption of no selfie zonned, physical barriers, signage and provisions of information on dangerous locations, and social media users could help, But then again they might not, because if you're an idiot willing to climb over a do not enter barrier to take a selfie, you're the type of person that may fall off a cliff. Fivefty five five car see the talk station, Wow, stick around, plenty to talk about in the six o'clock aur of course, welcome phone calls. I'll be right.
Speaker 5: Back updates on the twenty twenty four presidential campaigns.
Speaker 2: Do you ever hear bye? He's a threat to democracy? Fifty five krs the talk station de.
Speaker 1: Talk station, Happy Friday, Bright time. It's right here, looking forward to phone call if you like, call feel free five one three, seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk down Fi fifty on eight and T phone coming up to seven thirty Americans for Prosperity. Donovan and Neil about early voting. Yes, early voting has begun. Get out and vote. He's pointing that out a lot between now an election day. You don't have to wait. Bad weather, incident could come your way. You know, tree could fall in your car. You might be able to make it on election day. This is the million ways and reasons why you want to go ahead and cast your vote. I understand that's not the traditional good old school conservative way of looking at things, but we live in a different era now. If you haven't noticed anyhow, we'll be talking with him about that, as well as the Bernie Marina campaign. I keep hearing he's doing well, better and better anyway. Shared Brown's ads are all over the place, of course, and Bernie doesn't have the media presence that Shared Brown does. But from what I hear about the polling, it looks it's looking decent for Bernie Marino. Let's keep our fingers crossed on that. Eight h five. Fast forward a couple hours. Marine Corps retired Colonel William Dunn joins the program talk about boots on the ground report from the wars in the Middle East, as well as his analysis of the pager attack. Everybody's pagers blew up members of has Ball. I still get a sort of a weird chuckle out of that amazing, amazing operation. Jay Or Ratlif. I heard the aviation immedia aviation expert. He'll be on a day thirty as he is every Thursday, and we will talk about the Turkish Turkish Airline captain that dropped dead during the flight, hurricane conditions pounding the airports, and of course a hub delay update from Jay followed by Empower You seminar by Rob Tuttle. We'll get the details on that. We don't need a constitutional convention, says Rob. I know quite a few of my listeners think that might be in need for one, you know, different analysis, and we'll see why he doesn't think it's a good idea. Again, that's at the end of the show five three seven, eight hundred two to three talk Yeah, hurricane Obviously, we millions of people without power in Florida waiting to really get an assessment on the damage. Not much more I can add to that other than you know, the front of the show, Laura sent me some video and she had posted some video and she's inland four miles and not near the storm surge area, but of course was preparing for and had prepared for the water damage, and of course it came and they had she and her husband struggling all night to try to you know, stay ahead of the water that was coming into their house. So the living room had several inches of water from what it looked like. So, you know, prayers for her, but literally prayers for everyone impacted by this hurricane as well as the others. I think the only positive I can take away from this, at least as of right now, although it remains to be seen what the damage level is, is that at least it didn't hit the coast of Florida at Cat five, so it mellowed out to a Cat three and then downgraded a Cat two and now presently a Cat one. And as I indicated, I took a look at the radar on Weather Channel, it looked like it would be a across the state of Florida by at least before seven am. So of course the trails from the hurricane are still going to be dumping water and lord knows where it's going to go after that. But millions of folks without power, and I guess, just going back to the five o'clock hour, briefly, let me sum it up. Don't buy an EV. All the rules that they were telling you to engage in before the hurricane in order to prevent the EV from catching on fire, and the concerns about the toxic fumes. If it does get inundated with sea water, roll your windows down. Also, don't drive it if it's been innundated with water. But if it has been inundated with water and it's in your garage, move it out and away from your home. Now, how are you going to be able to do that? If it's not you're not supposed to operate it. I don't know. It's just adding to my just multi page list of reasons why I would never want to own one. And go ahead, and let me remind you think about it. The future under the you know, the the al Gore, Biden Harris administration, whatever, the green folks world, the New World Order, all of the cars on the road are going to be electric vehicles. And if you've got to move them fifty feet away from your house in advance of a weather event like this, where are they all going to go? And thankfully, internal combustion engines don't come with the risk of well, spontaneous combustion. Yeah, that's a bit of a downside. And in terms of the election, I saw this article and you can find it for yourself. You don't, I don't need to read it. It's over at the Daily caller Conservatives reveal a plan to awaken sleeping giant voter demographic that could decide White House. Bottom line is, there are ten million gun owners, firearms owners, exercisers of their Second Amendment right to keep in their arms, ten million of you folks out there that are not registered to vote. And considering the margin the win lost margins and presidential elections, most notably the last one, the margin was not that big. And the point among all these different firearms associations, National Rifle Association just one of many. They're trying to get the word out pro hunting organizations, NRA, et cetera, et cetera, get out and vote. What is wrong with you people? Well, and as I discovered reading the article, they don't believe the vote counts. They're concerned about election integrity, and they don't trust the integrity the election ergo they refuse to participate in the process. That's foolish. I understand people believing that certain elections are compromised and there are holes and gaps in the system. See the state of California banning the idea of needing a photo ID to vote. But that is not the case everywhere. Every state's election is governed by the state eight and their election officials and their individual legislative branches and their individual governors separate, so it may be perfect, and your vote may absolutely be counted and means something in the election in many many states. So why would you just look at some places where there've been shenanigans and we know that there have been, and just conclude that you're not going to vote at all? And the numbers are amazing. I mentioned ten million total gun owners not registered to vote. There are five hundred and fifteen thousand in Pennsylvania, three hundred and seventy thousand in Michigan and North Carolina. And these are important, necessary states to win. And you would think that someone who appreciates and exercises the right to keep in bare arms and feels threatened by someone who wants to take them away see Kamala harra Yus see every single Democrat that exists, that they might find a concern about that, and presumably lean Republican. I don't know if a single Republican out there trying to take away your right to keep them bare arms. And you know, for all the Democrats that actually had been elected to office, remember that day you swore an oath to the Constitution the United States of America, the same constitution that includes, yes, the First Amendment, right to free speech and free exercise of religion, but more fundamentally, to the point on this, the Second Amendment, right to keep the bar arms. You can stand there with a straight face, swear to pull the Constitution and do everything in your power to eradicate that right. So if you're not registered, and you're a firearm owner, and you care about keeping the Second Amendment, then please get out and vote. And I know registering to vote has ended and it will be a day late and a dollar short for me to bring this out, but I was really irked and shocked by the numbers that were revealed in the reporting on that and pivoting over to Kamala Harris. Oh California is Unsafe Handgun Act, championed by the Vice President of the United States, who wants to be the President of the United States of America, championed it during her tenure as the state's attorney general. The Unsafe Handgun Act, which went into effect, restricts the importation and sale of firearms that don't meet their stringent safety requirements. Including firing test drop tests at a specific safety features such as chamber load indicators and magazine disconnect mechanisms, and if you fall, if you fail to meet those standards, your gun is banned from stale in the state of California. That's just one of multiple erosions in your right to keep them bare arms. So turning back to Kamala Harris, she claimed in the sixty minutes interview that she owns a glock handgun that she has actually gone out and fired. Glock models are labeled in the state of California as unsafe handguns and therefore barred from sale in the state. The law only allows California residents to purchase Glock Gen three models, which were grandfathered when they were when the law was enacted. However, the sale of the later generations you folks out there know about them, the Gen fours and fives, those are prohibited in California because they don't comply with the state's safety requirements. California considers these newer Glock models unsafe and get a load of this due to the absence of features like Micro's stamping, which presidential candidate Kamala Harris implemented in twenty thirteen, microstamping mandates that handguns imprint microscopic identifying information onto each fired cartridge. Most firearm manufacturers, including the Glock handgun the Kamala Harris claims own, have not adopted that feature. Obviously very expensive state of California that does offer an exemption for law enforcement portion personnel, and as the former Attorney General of California apparently she enjoys and qualifies for an exemption rules for the and not for me six sixteen fifty five kr SE the talk station stick around and got more to talk about after I mentioned Foreign Exchange. My friends at Foreign Exchange awesome mechanics. They are Foreign Exchange west Chester location is the one I recommend merely because I've been going there for years and years. I know the crew, I know the staff. I know they're all awesome at customer service, and they have never let me down in terms of fixing the multiple imported cars that we have owned over the years, including our current ones. Austin and the team of a SE certified Master technicians will absolutely fix your car to your satisfaction. I know that because you will leave like I always had, with a full warranty on parts and service, and you will leave with more money in your pocket compared to the dealer. They just don't charge as much. So if money means something to you can save a heapload by going to Foreign Exchange. As I've pointed out many many times. I know you've heard it before. I save more than roughly like two d plus dollars on my oil change. Save that much, and I know I've had multiple oil changes in my under warranty cars over the years. I've been going to Foreign Exchange for more than a decade. I know I've saved a lot, at least one thousand dollars probably on oil changes alone. That's just one of the three cars that we take to Foreign Exchange. You should too online Foreign X four in the letter X dot com five one three, six, four four, twenty six, twenty six Tylersville Road, eggsit Office seventy five. Just head east two streets and hanging round on Kinglin and you are there, Foreign X dot.
Speaker 2: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: In the criminal justice system, here's your nine first warning weather forecast sunny day to day, I have seventy over night clear and forty Sunday tomorrow, I have seventy four clear over night down to fifty one and sunny on Saturday, go up to seventy nine Saturday. Right now forty seven degree east. Time for a traffic up too from the ucup Tramfics Center.
Speaker 9: Mamma Graham Say Vibes called five one three five eighty four paink dischedule You're annual mammogram with UC House Expert team. That's five three five to eight four. Pink Highway traffic is in decent shape this morning. I'm not seeing any major problems to deal with at the moment, although traffic on eastbound two seventy five approaching the Ohio and kel Walk starting to slow down a bit. I'm checking in for problems there. Cruise are working with a wreck on Central Parkway near Elm Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It is six twenty one fifty five krcit the talk station. Very happy Thursday to you five sight hundred eight two three talk and head on over to fifty five krsee dot com. Enjoy the podcast and get your heart media so you can stream wherever you happen to be. And I've been kind of poking fun at folks out there that think the weather has been manipulated to bring about the natural disasters that we faced over the past couple of weeks. And I know that there's that harp system, and I know that you can seed clouds, and I know there's ways that manipulate the weather, But here I am saying that, you know, I don't believe that they can really effectively, you know, direct a particular storm in any given direction. But more fundamentally behind my disbelief in this concept is perhaps my still perhaps misguided belief that our own elected officials don't want to kill their own population. And that's really suggestions coming by on these people that will say the weather's manipulated. Oh this this hurricane was just so awful Cat five and it never would have happened if the government wasn't manipulating the weather, which is a suggestion that the government is trying to kill you. Is this a consequence of the lies that we've been told over and over again, like through count COVID. Have we so much lost faith in the system? And I'm going to make a point here in a second, so lost faith in the system that we believe the President of the United States or the CIA, the NSA, the DHS, whoever is manipulating whether to bring about death and destruction, I'd say, if you believe that you've completely lost faith in the system, and of course why wouldn't we There have been all kinds of serious allegations of abuse of our constitutional rights by our various lettered agencies.
Speaker 4: We need to fix.
Speaker 1: Was in after we found out about the yeah, the Hunter Biden laptop, and they all lied and told us it was Russian disinformation. Allly to find out after the election that no, we knew all along that it wasn't, but we lied to you anyway in order bring about a political result. That takes away from your faith in government, doesn't it. But part of the problem with all that, And I don't disagree with us being jaded, cynical, and with the concept of not putting your life's decisions in the hands of idiots in Washington, d C. Whether they're nefarious or just stupid. But this disbelief and this division and this mistrust overall across the board, mistrust of government to the point where you believe that they want to kill you. Doesn't that help those who are seeking to well, maybe remake America in their own division, like this constitutional convention we're going to be talking about coming up at eight forty five. Rob Tuttle's doing a we don't need a constitutional convention seminar. My friend Timothy just pointed out, he said, well, my concerned about constchool convention. Why would politicians who don't follow the Constitution as it is now written care about ord here to anything that comes out of a convention. My response, somebody's completely lost faith. But if you lost faith in our current constitutional system, this republic that is so so wildly successful by all historical measurements, if you so lost faith in it that you believe that our elected officials are going to kill us and that somehow, in some way we need to come up with a different path, then you have been won over by the left who wants you to believe all of that and believes that our system, this constitutional republic, is inherently evil and wrong and must be done away with. I think it's more important that we get rid of the people who are making these decisions. If they're in fact making them, there's a path to do that. Why do you think so many people on the left, and so many of our lettered agencies and officials have been on the war path to go after Donald Trump now for the last six plus years. It seems seven eight he represents something that they're not someone who is well. I guess more along my mindset, which is the government should be in control of all this, that they are biased politically, that they do lie and manipulate to bring about whatever result they want, which seems largely to be control over us and our day to hey day activities. I think the system's fine. It's the people behind the scenes and part of the people who we foolishly elect that are the real problem. It's a wake up called to America. You got three weeks six twenty five. If you have KRC detalk station, feel free to call oto exit get some motor exit absolutely by all four odo exit products. They'll knock twenty percent off. Yeah, there are four oto egsit products, each designed to do its own thing, all of which get rid of odors with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Twenty percent off all four products, and they will be delivered to your door for free free shipping on orders over twenty five bucks with og otor exit. Otor exit dot com is where you find the products you learn more about them. And as I talked with deb last week on about odor Exit or was it earlier this week? I can't even remember. The point is, if you got a like a weird situation, you're like, I don't know if this product's going to work on this call the Odor Exit folks. They have some amazing different ways of using the products which will help you one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee get rid of the odor. Whatever the odor happens to be, smoke, mold, mildew, pet odors, human odors, wherever you got them. Otor exsit will get rid of them, including mildew, od o or xit no eotor Exit dot Com. Buy it there online before three o'clock. Can it be delivered to your home by tomorrow or you can buy it locally using the find a store link. But if you do buy it online, buy all four products and get twenty percent off Odexit dot Com fifty five KARC.
Speaker 4: Turn up your radio.
Speaker 2: Here's a Sean Hannity Morning Minutes.
Speaker 10: So if you're dared to tell the truth about the worst hurricane response in history and now, hold and callous and how absolutely checked out Harris and Biden have been, especially when it comes to North Carolina and Georgia and these states impacted by Hurricane Helen. It's now almost two weeks and if you dare talk about it now, they're trying to attack you and accuse you of being heartless. Their own website pushes diversity, equity and inclusion over emergency response, and they divert and they raid the funds from FEMA, and then they tell us that they're running out of money. And then all all of a sudden, they're saying they, oh, we found the money somehow. You're the bad guy for pointing out their response so and that they've been missing in action for two weeks.
Speaker 11: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right here.
Speaker 10: Hey, remember the old way of shopping for custom window treatments, waiting around all day just to get an overpriced quote from some pushy commission salesperson. Well, thankfully those days are over thanks to blinds dot com, because they invented a better way. Now with completely virtual consultations, free sample sent right to your door, you will never have to deal with a pushy commissioned salesperson in your home ever again. Now, from premium woven wood to motorized shades and so much more. You can get unlimited custom window treatment's installed in your house or one low cost, whether it's one window or one hundred and a blinds dot Com. There's never any hidden fee, no showroom markups. The price you see on the website is the price you pay, and ordering online really simple. They have their one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee and that means if you're not happy with the style, the color, the fit, guess what, They're gonna make it work until you are happy.
Speaker 1: Stop at blinds dot com right now.
Speaker 10: Save forty percent off site wide forty percent off when you go to blinds dot com.
Speaker 1: Rules and restrictions may apply.
Speaker 12: Here.
Speaker 1: It is nine first one to weather quorc asks got a sunny day to day? I have seventy over night clear and forty tomorrow sunny in seventy four clear of a night down to fifty one and then mostly sunny Saturday. The highest seventy nine fifty one degrees.
Speaker 9: Right now, let's get a traffic update from the UCL Traffic Center. Mamma Graham say vibes called five one three five eeet four paint to schedule.
Speaker 1: You're in your mammogram. If you see health expert team.
Speaker 9: That's five one, three, five eight four paint highway traffic in pretty good shape and that includes northbound four seventy one coming into town. No delays as of yet, and it's best I can tell. The barrels are now out of the way in that left lane. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR SE the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty FI fifty five KR City Talk Station. Thank god for engineers. Dave just ficks my headset, so back in action. I know you don't care. My morning a little bit easier before we get more local stories, Let's go to the phones. Five one, three two three talks to what Jim's got this morning. Jim, thanks for calling. Happy Friday, Eve, Hey.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Brian. I really appreciate your message and I enjoy your show, have been listening for a number of years.
Speaker 14: But I think, yeah, so your.
Speaker 13: Last comment on you know, government maybe controlling or you know, wanting people to die whatever, I'm not going to say that I would agree there completely that way, but my first point would be what about COVID.
Speaker 1: No, I did not know. That was what I said. I go COVID, we got lied to. That's what I was pointing to and I know where the the distrusting government comes from. That's why I rattled off a whole bunch of examples on why we should probably distrust our government. But sure to what end? That's my problem, because you know, the left is hell bent for leather to destroy the US constitutional system to create something like socialism, because our constitution stands in the way of that. Now, if we start losing faith in all the lettered agencies and all of government, we think they're trying to kill us, which is the only conclusion I can reach. If someone tells me the hurricane was manipulated by government forces to make it stronger and more deadly, that means the government is trying to kill its own people, Republican, Democrat, independent, communist, socialists, every stretch, white, black, Asian, literally everybody. Because you can't tell a hurricane who to kill and not kill. We all know that. But that's the takeaway from it when I hear those comments, And if you think the government's trying to kill you, then you're sort of maybe helping along that that message that path to lead to maybe getting rid of the current institution as we see it now. It's not going to take away any threat from government by actors who want to kill you, because it's just going to get worse. But it certainly lends itself to disrupting and undermining the unity that we used to to have on some level here in America. That's my point. That's all. Now, I hear your brother, I do. I don't want to even because when I brought this up before, and I got three emails and a Facebook message showing me how the government manipulates weather and all the different times they did it, I guess it's just to what end? What conclusion are you drawing if this is indeed a fact, And that's the only conclusion I can reach, because the suggestion in all of these comments about manipulating weather has been to make it worse, which is a straightforward statement killing people. I appreciate it. Jim got to run. Laura is on the phone with a live update from Florida. Hang on one second, Lore and to get your call. And I sure appreciate you calling. God bless you. Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning take care of all your HVAC needs, regardless of the time of year, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. They can come to your emergency relief. AVAC goes out and that sucks. I know the temperatures dropped a little bit, but it's still time for the cool carrier comfort rebate because of yours is belly up and not serviceable, and Zimmer will be honest with you about that when you call them. Get the new carrier unit from Zimmer. Go Zimmer dot com where you find them on line. It's easy to schedule appointment, but twenty one hundred dollars savings on a new carrier unit. They invented air conditioning. They make a great air conditioning unit. So work with Zimmer. You'll be glad you did. Customer service is fantastic and again the leader in twenty four hour day is seven day and a week emergency service. Find them online, schedule appointment right there. Learn more about what they can do for you. Go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC. I'm Carrie Champion and this is season four.
Speaker 1: Here it is sunny and highest seventy overnight clear and forty Sunday Tomorrow highest seventy four overnight clear and fifty one and on Saturday most of the sundayday with the highest seventy nine right now forty seven degrees. Time for traffick update from the UCUP Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: Mammogram saved vibes called five one, three, five eight four. Paint dischedule your annual mammogram with uc healthexpert team. That's five one, three, five, eight and four paint.
Speaker 1: Highway. Trampick in pretty good shape this morning.
Speaker 9: I'm not seeing any major problems and a pleasant surprises. I don't see the barrels northbound four seventy one bocking the left lane anymore into downtown, so that's going to help trampick move a little bit smoother between Grand and the bridge.
Speaker 1: Southbound seventy five.
Speaker 9: That's doing fine through Lachlan, just beginning to get a bit heavier there. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the Talk Station, sixt thirty.
Speaker 1: Nine, think about kerrcde talk station. Try to have a happy Thursday Slash Friday Eve Live from the front lines in Florida. Front of the show, Laura Marsha is great to have you call in the program this morning. Thanks for calling yesterday. And I saw your videos that you posted on Facebook and the ones you sent me. Wow, A little bit of a wet situation in your house. Please do tell all the listeners what's going on down there?
Speaker 4: Laura.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I have no words. I'm going on a couple hours sleep, so bear with me. But I enjoy the distraction. Right now before the sun comes up and we really look outside. We've only been out with flashlights and it's not pretty. We have a carport in our backyard, a piece of a carport, yeah, big piece of metal. So I'm glad that didn't hit anything like a window, but uh, yeah, it was. It just the problem was as the rain started right smacking the right in the beginning of the day, right in the morning, and never stopped. It didn't. It was still raining last night after midnight. It just did not stop raining. And I if anyone remembers from yesterday, we're not in a surge area. We're not in a flood zone. We're four miles in from the water. It was just the rain didn't stop and it was satched. The end of the ground was already saturated. From what my neighbor told us, he was brave enough to go outside last night and one hundred mile hour winds. He said the water was eight feet up his driveway, which would probably be the same for us. We have about the same elevation as him. The streets I apparently had three feet of water, and I'm probably from what I've heard, we've never seen anything like this here, have you. I thought Debbie was bad, this was worse.
Speaker 1: So the water.
Speaker 15: Started seeping in about four o clocks. It was a slow seep, but a steady seep, and it was seeping in all three sides of our living room, which is thank god it's sunken about three inches down from the rest of our house, because who knows what would have happened, and we literally were shot backing for.
Speaker 1: Hours, which cowels I guess answered my question that I posed to you and respond to your message. The generator from your neighbor's a whole house generator, I guess was working since you had the shop back operating.
Speaker 15: Thank god. Yes, there would have been a total, total different story if we would have not had that shop back, because I only have so many towels and they're all soaked.
Speaker 16: Right now.
Speaker 15: Around the living room are are rugs. We have like a huge ten x thirteen rug that's completely saturated at our couch is sitting on. We tried to move as much as we could out of the living room.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was a mess.
Speaker 15: But we're okay. That's the main thing, and somehow we're going to get through this. Yeah, I know your feeling is leaking, but you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your ceiling is leaking too, because that was another thing I noticed you pointed out, and you're in your post. But when I think about it, you already qualified this. You are four miles inland. You are not in a flood zone, and yet that's what you are facing. You're in one of the I suppose less impacted areas.
Speaker 17: King.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just wondering about the folks that are closer to where the storm hit, in the flood zones and flood areas. If you're having it that bad, then it's just got to be just a god awful nightmare for those folks.
Speaker 15: Yeah, they haven't gone watching the news. We haven't gone into the beach areas yet, so yeah, I can't even imagine what they look like with what we went through, because they actually had the surges and tropic can of feel the roof came off, I you know that.
Speaker 1: I saw that. Yeah, the Major League Baseball Stadium, Yeah, the race play there and you know, the fun fact and the comical element that came out of that. Not that any of this is comical, Laura, but the reporting on the roof flying off of the Tampa Bay Race Stadium there, they point out that that stadium opened in nineteen ninety and it costs one hundred and thirty eight million to build, and they're scheduled to replace it in time for the twenty twenty eight season with a one point three billion dollar ballpark, which is just right about what the dollar figure is for the improvement bayk Or Stadium for the Bengals, So you can build a whole stadium for what they want improvement. Sorry, I had to get that in there for folks who were asleep when I made the point earlier.
Speaker 15: But yeah, oh, when they were doing that whole thing, you know what I was thinking about. I was like, Wow, this sounds familiar. That's kind of like a Bengals stadium and it is the same thing.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: And you did your roof survive. I understand you had some some hurk sort of strapping for the roof that they make that I guess.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's a metal piece. It's I'll send you a picture. It's kind of hard to describe. It's a metal piece that almost looks like it's twisted, where one piece gets nailed into the beam and then the other gets beamed against the side and it's to ho told the roof down. So Jim put a bunch of extra ones around yesterday. We don't know what landed. We have a membrane roof, which is popular down here, so that's where where the water obviously came from, as there's probably holes punctured in it, and we bunch of tree branches everywhere in the streets, so my guess is they probably went. Many went on our roof. We actually just redid our back fence and we still have the old from the fifties metal poles with the concrete that they buried him in.
Speaker 18: That was two feet.
Speaker 15: Long of concrete. Yeah, that's picked up one of those and knocked out part of our fence. Oh geez, Jim and I. I picking that up would be hard. It's you know, solid concrete base. I could barely move it, and that somehow got picked up and thrown into the fence. However, my dining room table that we have slipped upside down, that's for outside. It's not that heavy, maybe fifty pounds, that's still there laying. We're right next to where that poll was. Just the are another.
Speaker 1: Nature is absolutely wild. Well, I can't thank you for giving us the update. It's just please more than anything to hear that you're both okay and I'm certain you'll be able to clean up and move on, and we'll just keep our thoughts and prayers coming your way and for everybody else who is even more impacted by it. God love you, Laura. I appreciate you calling in and best of luck to both you, and I'm always here for you. If we can do anything, just let me know absolutely.
Speaker 15: Like I said yesterday, I see you assume yes.
Speaker 1: You will absolutely, and I'm glad you're talking to me today. Six forty six fifty five Garrison Detok Station. Feel free to call in yourself five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk nine five fifty on AT and T phones and another call you need to make USA Insulation. It's a free inspection. If you have an older home, just call USA to find out if you have sufficient insulation in the exterior walls. If you're like my daughter's home late seventies built R twelve in the walls, and it's really really old and deteriorated R twelve. That's when USA can benefit an already insulated but under insulated home. They put the phone in there with the old r R low R value in a fiberglass goes in with it, and they even have a video on the website USA insulation dot net this shows you how that works. Now, go back and further in time. That's empty space for older homes like before the mid seventies. There's nothing in the wall. It's just a great opportunity to fill it with the highest R value phone on the market. You are guaranteed to save money each and every month you're using your HVAC system. Great money saver and an amazing transformation of your home into one that is comfortable. You'll notice that the first day also a lot quieter and what I can't say, mouse proof, but the heck a lot better than what you got right now. Because it does have the added side benefit of keeping the critters out. It qualifies you for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year. That's like getting a check for twelve hundred dollars for doing what's good for you. Proves the value of your home as well save money. The product phase for itself three eight one three six two sixty three three eight one Foam Again online USA Installation dot Net.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC, the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Here is your nine first morning weather forecasts. Nice temperatures and conditions here anyway, clear skies of sunny skies today, seventy for the high clear of a night to forty sunny again tomorrow with the highest seventy four, fifty one overnight with clear skies, and a mostly sunny Saturday with the highest seventy nine. It's forty seven degrees right now. It's time for traffic update from Chuck Ingram or not one of those days. A Joe happy Friday Eve, not win any Americans for prosperity. At seven thirty in the meantime, gonna go to the phones five and three, seven four nine fifty five, eight hundred and eight two three talk Mike, Thanks for calling this morning, Hey, Brian.
Speaker 19: First of all, the thoughts and prayers down people down in Florida and North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 19: But two things about the hurricane with the vers of Tampa Bay who the lost the roof off the stadium. Maybe they can use some of the insurance money to help pay for the next stadium, It's true, instead of replacing the room to use the money.
Speaker 1: For the next day. Well, they're they're out of pocket responsibility, they're self insured. Retention may be pretty substantial, but I'm sure they have exceeded it in this particular case because the entire roof is gone. I mean, it's just gone.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 19: And also they keep going about global warmings making the hurricanes worse. But then in the same sentence they'll say, we haven't seen her came like this in a hundred years.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 19: I was like, it's global warming. How did we have one hundred years ago?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mike, If for no other reason, I appreciate the call the points you're making, but that one is knocking it out of the part. Of course, said, are you going back to my original statement all the time a global warming? Helly o, the state of Ohio was covered by a blanket glacier. Thankfully global warming came along. We have cornfields now where the glacier used to be. Yeah, how is it that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know it was ten fifteen thousand years ago or something. Good call Mike, I appreciate your observation. I didn't bring this up earlier, but the story came out earlier in the week, and this is rather a frightening considering the open borders under the Biden Harris administration and the aftermath of that. I got some fun figures for you at the top of the air news on that, most notably the financial realities like a city like New York is dealing with thanks to again, need Biden Harris administration not cracking down on the borders earlier. They could have done it. They did it recently, but we're all living the aftermath of it. But it's this scary part FBI warnings, Justice Department concerns, the terror watch realities, the two million known godaways that had no interaction with law enforcement. The fact that they let so many criminals in in spite of the faction that they had interactions with customs officials or law enforcement on the border frightening situation. We literally have no concept as to who these people are. Generally speaking, these people, yes, the people came across the southern border, people of different ethnicities, people of different religions, people of different political ideologies, some of which may be against the United States of America, like the guy they arrested earlier in the week, Nasir Ahmad Talwadi. They unsealed charges against this guy, accusing him of purchasing two Ak forty sevens, ten magazines, and five hundred rounds of ammunition piker from an FBI source. His brother also acted as an accomplice a minor. The court filings show that this guy planned to carry out out and attack on election Day. They seize communications with an ISIS recruiter that between this guy, this tallweedy guy in and ISIS recruiter, as well as talking with the confidential FBI informants. They say he intended to target the large gatherings of people and that both he and his brother in law expected to die as martyrs in the attack. See, they don't care about their own lives. They're willing to make a statement and kill people in the process, even if they're going to die doing it straight to God and thirty seven or ninety four or whatever number of virgins they claim they're going to get. I guess I don't know if that's a motivating factor for you, then you probably have a pretty poor and pathetic social life here on Earth. He's been charged with conspiring and attempting to provide material support to ISIS that apparently carries a maximum sense of twenty years in prison, as well as as receiving a firearm to carry out a crime of terrorism, which carries a maximum prison sense of fifteen years doc Court documents say that he came to the United States shortly after the US draw from Afghanistan on a special immigrant visa, which was given to those who aided the military during the US's twenty year war there. Along with purchasing weapons, he was in the process of selling his home and had already purchased one way tickets for his wife and other family members to leave October seventeenth so they could return to Afghanistan and live according to in their words or the statements from the release Pure Islam, he spoke with an ISIS recruiter discussed plans to purchase the weapons and have his family resettle. Over the summer, he served how to access cameras in Washington, d C. Visited webcams for both the White House and the Washington Minient Research Gun laws, including which states have concealed carry. Don't know why that would matter for a guy planning murder at turning General americ Ireland in a statement, we will continue to combat the ongoing threat that ISIS and its supporters posed to America's national security, and we will identify, investigate, and prosecute individuals who seek to terrorise the American people. Okay, one guy on a special immigrant visa? One? And how many people have come across the border, known and unknown over the past four years. And I'm not saying they didn't come across the border border during the Trump administration. Isn't that there weren't as many, right, millions and millions. That is why I'm worried more about election day and the aftermath after election Day than the outcome of the presidency. Honestly, six fifty six fifty five krs the talk stations. Your comments are quite welcome. I'm going to take quick break way back after the news. We'll get to Donovan Andeil at seven thirty October.
Speaker 18: The whole assassination is.
Speaker 2: Sounding off so ridiculous, it's surreal. Fifty five krz the talk station seven oh six.
Speaker 1: Fifty vive Gar Ceed Talk station. Happy Friday Eve. Come on the bottom of the hour. Donovdanil, Senior advisor Americans for Prosperity. Hat he's got on this morning. You talked about early voting. Yes, not just for Democrats anymore. Bernie Moreno, we'll discuss him. How that campaign's going as well. I know they're hard at work in support of Bernie Morina doing all that door knocking. They're trying to get to a million doors knock here in the state of Ohio by election day, and they are well on their way to achieving that goal. And to all the listeners that are participated in that of working with Americans for Prosperity, I want to personally thank you. It's difficult work. Sometimes they try to make it as easy as possible, but you're doing really good work by reaching out and having actual conversations with folks, trying to steer folks away from what we know is going to happen with Sharon Brown in office versus the better option with Bernie Moreno. Fast forward and now we're gonna hear from Marine Corps retired Colonel William Dunn. William's gonna give us a report on boots on the ground in the wars in the Middle East, as well as analysis of the pager attack. I suppose the walkie talkie attack as well, unbelievably well coordinated attack on the terrorists in that one. Jay Ratliffe I heart media aviation expert every Thursday at eight thirty. Today no different. We'll talk about the Turkish airline captain had dropped dead during the flight, supporting Jay's effort to keep at least two licensed pilots in the cabin in case something happened to one of them. And of course the hurricane subject of discussion with Jay about the airport closures and is there any commercial flight activity going on at least in the state of Florida, and how is it impacting. We always get hub delays from Jay as well, so that's coming up. Then finally, we don't need a constitutional convention, says Rob Tunnel. He's doing an empower youth seminar on that subject, and we're gonna hear from Rob on why that's the case. At least that's his argument. I know listeners in my audience think we do need a constitutional convention. So there's two sides of that coin. At least we'll get Rob's at eight and forty five. I can get your side of the coin as well. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three, talk TOIME five fifty on eighteen and T phones fifty five cars dot com. When you can't listen to love to the Judge, entered Apoltan, and if you care about the First Amendment and you didn't hear the judge yesterday, you should definitely listen to that conversation. Just scary stuff. Going back to a theme this morning about people having no confidence in their government and actually believing it's nefarious evil. They certainly don't have any respect for the Constitution in the United States of America. Going back to the conversation about a constitutional convention, one of my listeners, Timothy said, well, if they don't look at if they don't pay attention to the constitution that we have right now, which is the supreme law of the land, what the hell good would a constitutional convention do. Somebody's lost faith in their government, and one of the reasons you might have lost faith is because of the illegal immigrant situation. Thank you, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris appreciate that millions and millions. I point out, in the last hour, we already had one guy applauding a terrorist attack on election Day, and there are millions, millions more that may would be within that realm of the then diagram, the whole immigrant population with the subset of people who might want to do harm to us. But it's also had a profound financial impact, the just the massive humanity alone. We've been talking about this for like a couple of years now. New reporting from the New York Posts love this coming to a theater near you. Department of Homeless Shelters seeking a contract with hotels because the one they've gotten now, I guess is expiring, kind of like the Bengals lease seeking a contract with hotels to provide a total of fourteen thousand rooms for illegal immigrants in New York City. The city projects the spending. Here's where they rubber meets the road. Folks find you got empty apart or you got empty hotel rooms. You want to fill them up, so do the hoteliers that own them. If they are empty, they're not making money. You put an illegal immigrant in them, they get their full rate. Basically anyway, spending on housing for migrants over the past two years, and this fiscal year will surpass two point three billion dollars, and much of that is going in rent for hotels. In New York City, about one hundred and fifty hotels are currently sheltering migrants. Total spending on migrant services over three years will hit five point seventy six billion dollars. Manhattan Institute to Think Tank woman there Nicole Galinas quote by the New York Posts dating the obvious. The taxpayers can't pay for this indefinitely, right you got Mayor Eric Adams under indictment. This this Nicole Milana said, you know, the governor should take control of the situation because right now Eric Adams has his hands full dealing with his criminal indictment. She said, it's unacceptable that so many hotels Manhattan's Midtown and Downtown tourist districts have been converted into migrant shelters instead of serving the tourist industry. We should stop using hotels as shelters by the end of the year. Well, that's her wish. Benefiting from all this the New York City Hotel Association. The city has contract with that entity. Right now, three actually contracts total cost to house migrants per room night. This is why the Hotel Association probably loves the idea of their hotels being filled when they otherwise would be empty. They get three hundred and fifty two dollars per room per night. Now, pause from Roman and pivot back over to the damage done by Hurricane Helene, and everyone complaining about the wopping seven hundred and fifty dollars that FEMA ad got them. And I know that's not the only source of revenue or assistance from FEMA. There's a lot of arguments going back and forth whether FEMA's actually got the money or not, and how it's been spending it. Parenthetically, billions of dollars going to resettle illegal immigrants here in the United States ergo not enough money to handle the flood victims, although I know they have that put in a basket for use only for immigrant services. Look, we got money over there, but we can't use it for hurricane victims because well it's in a basket whatever. But three hundred and fifty two dollars every single night for thousands and thousands of illegal immigrants. Look, they're this new contract is for fourteen thousand additional hotel rooms. Now, do we really care about our own citizenry or the illegal immigrants making life pretty cushy for them? Honestly, they care about the latter. Elections have consequences, and border policies have consequences as well. And you can see the numbers are there and they are irrefutable, the before and after, before Biden Harris and after Biden Harris, and this administration is solely responsible for this financial nightmare that New York and other cities, as well as the general population in the United States is facing right now amid a national housing shortage. Oh oh, speaking of that, homeless population increased more in twenty nineteen and twenty twenty, skyrocketing and twenty twenty three, growing twelve percent compared to the year prior and even climbing ten percent above the twenty seven twenty twenty two average homeless has exploded, according to the US Department of Housing in Urban Development. Thank you, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris. I guess because I'm sure a large percentage of the homeless in the United States are yes, illegal immigrants LEAs that's my guest anyway, six hundred and fifty three thousand, one hundred and four Americans homeless in twenty twenty three. Now, let's just assume, for the sake of discussion, if those are Americans CITI than homeless folks. It didn't come from the four corners of the globe who have the rights of citizenry.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: Are they being sheltered in formerly luxury hotels at a cost of three hundred and fifty two bucks a night? No, I guess they aren't. Are they? Are they getting debit cards and the like? I don't know what services are available to the homeless here, but we have a growing homeless population, exacerbated by, of course, any number of things, notably the drug crisis that we're facing here. But when you look at it on a relative scale, I think we know where the favoritism goes, and it certainly isn't for citizens of the United States of America or those who are here lawfully fifteen fifty five KR see the talk station. Feel free to call and feel free to another call if you want to make is well in an emergency situation, or if you just got something you want to know by way of plumbing projects, call my friends at plumb Type Plumbing plumbing done right. They live by that model. Always like to point that out, and they do. They have multiple times. I've had plum tight over to my house in emergencies and in non emergent situations.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: And they're great about getting back with you, even on a weekend in emergency situation. That was my experience when I called them up the scheduled appointment to fix my backflow out which was not emergency, but they got back with me really quickly. So in case your chandelier like mind starts raining, you can give them a shout and they'll be more than happy to help you. Twenty four hour days, seven day a week, and their license plumbers fair and ethical pricing is always the case, never trying to sell you anything you do not need. They take great care of you and your home and the price. I guess we'll always be right. As I think I mentioned that already plumb tight online. It's plumtight dot com, probably serving northern Kentucky all the way up to Dayton. Do a circle around it, make a vent diagram out of it if you want, But they cover the whole area and you can really be thankful or thankful they're around. They do great work at the right price seven two seven Tight five one three seven seven eighty four eighty three online again at plumtight dot com.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC and iHeart Radio station.
Speaker 1: Tyto for the nine first forty one forecasts nice forecast sunny and seventy today, clear overy night down to forty sunny tomorrow the highest seventy four overnight fifty one with clear skies and seventy nine to high on Saturday again with the mostly sunny day forty seven. Right now, it's sigh for traffic up days.
Speaker 9: From the UCL Tramphic Center, Mammo Graham saved vibes called five one three, five eight four pink to schedule You're annual Mammo Graham with U see house expert team. That's five one three, five eight four pink Cruis are working with an accent and he's found on the Reagan Highway near Plainfield. There's also a wreck on Kemper at ken southbound seventy five's at Extra five Inn in Alma Backland, but no delayed northbound four seventy one into downtown. The barrels are gone. Let lanes open again. Chuck Ingramam fifty five kerr SE the talk station seven nineteen.
Speaker 1: Here fifty five kerr C the talk station, Americans for Prosperity, Donovan Neil next on early voting, and Burley Bernie Marino. We're here from William Dunn, retired colonel in the Marine Corps at eight oh five Boots on the Ground report from the wars in the Middle East, among others. And then fast forward a little more than an hour. Jay Ratliff the meantime. Over to the phone, Sonny, Thanks for calling this morning, and a happy Friday eve to you.
Speaker 20: Always pleasure to talk to you, brother. You're always insightful and you deaf educate the public.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you that I listen. I'm in a search just like everybody else.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't have all the answers to all the problems. I'm just an observer, you know. And I mean, it's just impossible to overlook some of the stuff I'm talking this morning, and I just bring it up because people have got choices to make. As we fast forward very quickly to election day, thankfully, Donald Trump appears to be winning now in all the most all the swing states, which is positive information. But I'm as jaded and cynical about polling as anybody else, but I do appreciate you listening in the compliments means the world to me. Sonny. What's on your mind today, my friend?
Speaker 20: Well, two things. Talking about your content situation. That's definitely something we want to avoid because people don't realize when you engage in the constitution convention it the entire constitution can be rewritten. Yeah, that's Tony follows that when they first got together to amend the Articles of Confederation and they threw that entire document out, came out the Constitution, and then of course you read the anti federalists and federalist arguments about why the Bill o Rights put in there. I mean, that's a whole nother lesson itself. But more importantly is they don't keep civics in school anymore. R One good thing about the Key Party movement. It made people go back and read the founding documents again in the notations and made it appreciate why it was crapt.
Speaker 4: The way it was.
Speaker 20: So it's a big thing right there. Secondly, a couple weeks ago, you had one of your attorneys or whatever come on. He was talking about the housing situation. The crisis Obama's hut secretary had set up about your program, whether they basically are forcing minorities in white neighborhoods and so they could turn it more purple. So those are some of the things that they're doing. This is all by design, is to the water down the electorate. At the same joke, it creates white flights and more people leave into third or fourth tier suburbs. So that's a whole nother situation in itself.
Speaker 1: Well, many people accuse the authorities for doing that to the West side of Cincinnati, which was always just bright red as it could be when they uh well regentrified over the Rhine, obviously taking away affordable housing from many people who live there, and then creating Section eight housing in large part on the west side of Cincinnati. I've been hearing complaints about that for years and years, but it most assuredly transformed the West side of Cincinnati, which is you know, I guess maybe arguably purple.
Speaker 20: Now, yeah, I mean up in Centerville in the Dayton area, there's literally on forty eight there's literally a Section eight housing complex right next to a condominium. You talk about night and day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'd say I appreciate the call, Sonny, and I thank you so much for the kind words. I truly appreciate your listening and UH and supporting the program in that regard five one, three, seven, four nine to fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three talk fifty on AT and T phones. Let us see here, all right, why not this one? I know just a couple of minutes where we get the Donovan O'Neil. How about this one. Centers for Disease Control release its twenty twenty three survey earlier this week, and they determine a whopping three point three percent of US high school students identifies transgender as of last year. Very small slice, although it's larger than I actually would have anticipated. They also found the two point two percent of students quote identified as questioning close quote a concept that didn't really exist before the left wingers took over well everything, social media, the education system, medicine. It was a frightening survey, but the number of transgender operations have been done nationwide, millions, hundreds of millions of dollars in profits for the hospitals on that are they doing it for profit or they really believe that modifying one's body, not bringing about a chromosomal change, and not creating a really truly operable organ if you understand my point, but nonetheless doing it. There was a time when counseling and therapy services were made availableunder these circumstances, before the invention of so called gender transforming surgery. But see, I find fault with the whole concept because it doesn't and it isn't, and there's some real horror stories out there the aftermath of what people struggled with after they went through this body modification designed for the purposes of convincing some one that they are actually the sex that they were not born. But in terms of overall population, very small slice of humanity. And yet here we are, we modify every cultural norm that has ever existed in our country for the purposes of what capitulating to this. Obviously, I'm not a believer, and I don't. I mean, I get it. I understand that it's an actual phenomenon that people believe they are a sex that they're not believing. It doesn't make it true, though, which is why I always thought conventional therapy would be the best route for folks like that, rather than going through all of these pharmaceuticals and going under the knife, and the ramifications on this are going to be studied for a long long time, and sadly, I think down the road, although Britain and other European countries have already banned those procedures, I think we're going to find out over the long haul that this was a terrible, terrible sort of Mangalai like experiment. Going on seven five fifty five k CEED talk station Cover Sensey an ideal call to make. It will save you tons of money, or at least it can the idea that a simple phone called a cover Sensey and having their team look at your current medical situation or medical insurance situation could result in you getting better medical coverage for less money. The point being if that can be brought about with no obligation for you other than to interact with these folks for some few minutes, I think it's worth the call, and I will move over to Medicare, because if you're getting ready to go on Medicare, there are a lot of new changes to the law and you really do need to avoid some of the pitfalls that you might fall into. The folks that cover since he got that down cold, So you can call them about that as well. It will not cost you anything to initiate the conversation. They'll look at your current medical insurance and they'll figure out whether or not you're paying too much for less coverage and then come up with a package of insurance that will be better. And if they can't do it, that's actually probably good news because of John Roman and the team who work with hundreds of insurance companies and have access to thousands of policies, they are working for you. If they can't come up with a better solution, then you get peace of mind knowing you're in the best possible place and there's nothing wrong with that. And again it won't cost you anything to find out about that. The number to call five one three eight hundred call no obligation five one three eight hundred two two five five Online can fill a form out to start the process and learn more about the company that's cover since dot.
Speaker 2: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Sunny day lay highest seventy over night clear and forty Tomorrow sunny in seventy four clear over night fifty one and mostly Sunday Saturday going up to seventy nine fifty degrees right now it'sign for traffic updeach from the UCUT Tramping Center.
Speaker 9: Mammogram Saved Vibes called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with uc House Expert team. That's five one three five eight four pink. Northbound seventy five. There's an accident just north of Buttermilk that's over on the left shoulder. It adds to what was already building out of Erlinger into downtown. Cruise are also working with rex on Kemper and Ken and eastbound on the Reagan Highway near Plainfield, right hand side southbound seventy one break lights now just below Field Zerdle into blue Ash. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five air se Detalk Station. Are very happy Thursday Slash Friday ETU AFP Actions where you find the man the myth legend is Donovan Neil Wearing his senior advisor for AFP Action Hacked. Donovan, Welcome back to the morning show. It's always a pleasure to having you on, Brian, always a pleasure to be with you. Be prosperity, hard at work. Every time you do a report about the door knocking on behalf of Bernie Moreno and spread the message. It's just amazing to me what you've been able to accomplish in a fairly short period of time. How many doors knocked thus far. I know you're trying to get to a million before the election. Yeah, we're we're chugging along towards a million.
Speaker 11: We're I think over this week and we'll break out over seven hundred to get close to see hundred and fifty thousand doors. So we're we're just going to keep on pushing and uh, you know it's time to get everybody you can out to vote.
Speaker 1: You're gonna knock on basically one out of every ten or eleven residents of Ohio's doors.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we've set our site on that million. You got eleven million a Highlands. That's the math, Brian. That is really a really an accomplishment. AFP action dot COM's where you help out and you can. It's not too late to help, is it never too late. We've got twenty six days to go to the election. We need more and more people to get in the fight and join us, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Afpaction dot com is how you do that. So early voting started this week. I know there's a big push on the part of the Republicans to get out and vote early. I've been trying to press for that myself. Obviously, the world's an imperfect place. Hurricanes happened, for example. You never know what's going to happen on election day. And the Democrats have been taking advantage of early voting for years and years now, much to the dismay of Republicans, but with great success. So Donovan, you want to chime in on early voting.
Speaker 14: It's the push we need to make.
Speaker 11: Brian, And in fact, I was out yesterday evening, took three new volunteers out here in Mansfield, shared Brown's hometown. By the way, we're mobilizing a lot of folks in Richland County.
Speaker 4: Took him out.
Speaker 11: One of the doors we went to went to a gentleman, really nice guy, said he's all in for Bernie, and asked him, Hey, do you have a plan to go vote?
Speaker 14: What's your plan?
Speaker 11: It's sort of this psychology we work right like, you got to make sure folks have a plan.
Speaker 4: To go vote.
Speaker 11: And he said, hey, I'm trying to get my wife to go early vote.
Speaker 14: But I'm not trying to convince sir.
Speaker 11: I sit here, you're probably the best position to convincerr to go vote, and all the good reasons, but I'm going to give you. I'm going to give you a few that I've been sharing. The one though, that I think is most important is you just don't know what's going to happen, right brank. You might have a family emergency, your tire's going to go go flat. You your boss makes you travel out of state for work, your kids are just like you don't know what you're actually going to be doing on November fifth, or where the world's going to be. But if you if you know tomorrow, you open your calendar up and you look at your calendar and you say, hey, tomorrow, I've got an hour in the middle of the day to go down and go vote at the.
Speaker 14: Local Board of Elections.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 11: Fill that time with your with your time to go.
Speaker 14: Vote and do it.
Speaker 11: It's so easy, it's so simple. And then you've got that vote banked.
Speaker 14: You don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 11: You can sit back and uh, well better, yeah, don't sit back, get out and get some friends.
Speaker 14: To go vote.
Speaker 1: Excellent point, and I've been I don't know if it's going to play out this way, but I was either the last big election. I think it was the last presientinential election, but it may have been the last. You know, at least two years ago.
Speaker 4: Pop.
Speaker 1: We already well piled in the car, the whole family did. I got my son, my daughter, my wife. We all went down to the Hamlin County Board of Elections. We walked in, we voted, We got it out of the way. It was really fun. I think we even went out and got a bite to eat afterwards. So it's a nice opportunity to spend some time together with friends or family, get the votes done and over with. In that way, you don't have anything to worry about on a going forward basis just a great idea.
Speaker 11: Well yeah, and you know it could be your way to make a difference. Right Maybe you're saying, hey, I don't have the money to donate to the campaign right now, I don't have the time to volunteer with the great organization like AFP action. Sign waving isn't my jam. But you know what, I've been hearing a lot about this early vote. This is how right now I know I can make a difference. It's a way because again, what I think is going to end up happening on election if we get enough folks out to early vote, it's going to put a shock in the system. Because it's Republicans. Conservatives traditionally have not gotten out to early vote. We just haven't put an emphasis on it. And I think what you end up haven't happened is you know a lot of our voters get that, you know, something happens on election day, and why I know most folks are committed. You just don't know and put a shock in the system. Get that vote banked, and then again use the time too, now an election day to get your friends and family out to vote.
Speaker 14: Make sure they've got a plan.
Speaker 1: A man that Donaldie, I understand you have on behalf of Bernie Moreno. You're doing some work. How's how's that campaign going? And I get the impression from you know, rumors innuendo about insider polling data that he's actually doing pretty well here in Ohio, which I guess is logical considering Ohio as a red state, at least reliably so. But how's the Moreno race going? I think it's going really well.
Speaker 11: As we're out there talking to voters, right, We've been focused have going to swing universe of voters, these undecided. We have just now started our get out the vote efforts. We kick those off this past Saturday. When we look at the polling, I mean, the reality is we're in the margin of error, the positives of that our Shared Brown has not been able to crack over fifty percent of the vote. As an eighteen year incumbent, fifty year politician. To have less than fifty percent of Ohioans willing to vote for you at this stage of the game isn't.
Speaker 14: A great position to be in. But you just got to look at the top lines.
Speaker 11: Right, Donald Trump is pulling eight to ten points over Kamala Harris, Shared Brown and Bernie Moreno or neck and neck, or within two to four points of each other. There is a lot of work we have to do to connect more of those folks who say they're going to vote for Donald Trump to Bernie Moreno. It's not an insurmountable task, Brian, right, But what it's going to take is a lot of hard work and dedication.
Speaker 14: People can't sit on the sidelines.
Speaker 11: We can't just let our throw off the gas pedal, it's pedal to the floor, getting off the couch in the streets and the communities and doing what our organization does best, talking to voters, reminding them you can't just stop with the president. You've got to go down ballot and you've got to put conservatives. You got to send conservatives to Washington if we're going to undo these decades of DC dysfunction.
Speaker 14: Progressive so that brought on us, came into that.
Speaker 1: Now you've got three door Linch's taking place this Saturday in southwest Ohio. Tell my listeners all about those opportunity for them to help out.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, we're out there knocking seven days a week, but on Saturdays we try to We've been trying to do something a little special, whether it's having Burne join our team and give a give a raw ros speech and help inspire everybody, or working with some of our friends in the state legislators legislature. So we've got three launches Butler County over at the Panera Bread in Westchester on Marketplace Drive. In Hamilton, Claremont County, we'll be at Jungle Gyms.
Speaker 14: With State Rep. Adam Burg.
Speaker 11: Adam Burg by the way, as a listener of your show, Brian, he calls me sometimes when he hears me on the show and gives an update and we chatt But you'll be joining us to give to give the troops a raw ross speach and then we'll be Warren County at the Panera Bread in Mason, Ohio with State Rep.
Speaker 14: Adam Matthews.
Speaker 11: You can find all these These will be on our on our social media channel at afp Ohio at afp Ohio on Twitter. For your listeners who are on there, we'll just email us reach out to us Info Ohio at FPHQ dot org and we'll get you plugged in with those activities. But all across the state Saturday door launches to help get out the vote for Bernie Moreno.
Speaker 1: All right, and just Jereker will add the links to these events on my blog Paget fifty five carec dot com so folks can get the information there as well. I always love helping you spread the word on that. It is great having you on always some positive information and uh it's a Donovan. I cannot thank you enough on behalf of all my more properly thinking listeners. Politically anyway, We appreciate the work that you and AFP are doing. And again I'll encourage all those folks out there that they have a few minutes of time, use them wisely. Get out and vote early, or help a FP action, do some door knocking and spread the word Donovan until we talk again, get out there and knock some doors on our behalf and keep up the great work, my friend. That's where I'm headed here in a couple hours. Take care, I figured, take care of my friend, stick around, folks, and more to talk about, Diana. I'm going to take your call next. You don't mind holding for just another minute or two, I'll get to you. I five one three, seven four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk another number. I'll give you just a second. It's the number for Suzette Low's camp with Cross Country Mortgage, the just amazing lady.
Speaker 4: She is.
Speaker 1: Mortgage related questions. You want to buy a house, you need a mortgage. You want to get equity out of your house, You need to talk with someone about refinancing. You want to lower your interest rate. Maybe it's possible to do that. Don't know where you're locked in right now, But for all things mortgage related. You got the best person on the planet in Suzette Low's a Camp. The customer service could not be better. She's just wonderful to work with, so friendly and charming, and she will get you through this process as quickly as possible. Thank you Suzette for helping my daughter out. As I like to point out, it only took her a couple of days of lock in financing. She is living her life and Susette is behind that. Because my daughter never dealt with this before. Suzette explained the process what she needed to do, and Eric too. I don't know discount Eric, but that's the bottom line. It was great and it'd be great for you too. All fifty states and Puerto Rico. She has licensed to help you out because she's with Cross Country Mortgage, so even reverse mortgage options are there if you think it's a good idea. She's got more than th thirty five years experience in the mortgage business, never charging a junk fee or an application fee. It's great rates at the low cost. Here's the number you can call her anytime. She'll get right back with you. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three, three, one three fifty one seventy six center an email suset dot lows camp spelled l O s e KA MP Suo's at dot Low's camp at CCM dot com fifty five the talks time. Here is your nine first warning weather forecast. Sunny skies today with the highest seventy clear overnight forty sonny again tomorrow with the highest seventy four clear again over night fifty one, and on Saturday mostly sonny seventy nine for the highest forty seven degrees. Now, let's hear about traffic condition. Chuck Ingram from the UCL tram Fis Center.
Speaker 9: Mamma Graham saved vibes called five one three five eight four pink to schedule You're annual mammogram with uc helsex Per team. That's five one three, five eight four pink. Southbound seventy five continues to build out of Evendale through Walkland northbound seventy five. There's an accident north the button if that's on the left shoulder. That adds to heavy traffic out of Barrowlinger. No delay northbound four seventy one coming into town. The barrels are gone, but lane's open again. Chat ingramin fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five KRCV Talk station, Brian Thomas, you're wishing everyone to hear, are you happy Friday Eve? Looking forward to the top of the our news because after which we're gonna hear from Retire Marine Corps Colonel William Dunn with his opinions about boots on the ground in the Middle East and his analysis of the pager. I suppose Anne walkie talkie attack anyway without further Ado, I promise I'd take her call. Thank you for holding Diana. Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 21: Good morning, Brian. Thank you for making my call.
Speaker 20: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Please do it, Diana.
Speaker 21: So, I am the state communications coordinator for Convention Estate, Ohio, and I just wanted to weigh in quickly. We will be at the empower You event as well the audience listening, and we will be there. I do have a blog post. We have a couple of them up there that are important on the empower You web page. Dan was nice enough to let us put that up there. But he's a fair guy. He is having Rob him in and do his talk, which is fine. So we'll be there and answer questions and in the back of the room, we won't be interrupting or anything, because we are, of course pro Article five convention, and he is not right. But I wanted to make it clear, just to clear the air this morning, that we are not asking for a constitutional convention. This would be a state amending convention. And our organization is called Convention of States Capital C. We do often say, you know, a convention of states as in like a lower lower case, because it's a state convention. But it's really plain and simple, a state amending convention that is in the Constitution given to us by our founders, for the purpose of writing amendments so that when the federal government in the event, in the event that the.
Speaker 12: Federal government needs to be reined in and are not doing their jobs and they're not passing laws and amendments that the states and the citizens want, we can do that.
Speaker 21: And if you read Article five, and I know you have, but if you read Article five, anyone out there, it's clearly stated that you can do amendments one way and you can do it another and there is no rewrite of the Constitution.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was waiting. I was waiting for you to get to that point, because that's the big concern most people have in the reaction to it. It's well, wait a second, it's just become a free for all. They're going to throw the whole document out and start from scratch, and how on the hell you know who's designated the delegates, on and on or on. So the point being, if you do a Convention of States, at least as I understand it, and I'm no scholar on this topic, Diana, but you can limit it to a very pre defined, you know, limited set of amendments or topics, so it doesn't become the free for all the people worry about.
Speaker 21: That is correct. Ours certainly is not going to be a free for all. We have three pillars of our resolute, So thirty four states need to pass the resolution that says we want to do this. It's a really high bar. And our three pillars that are listed clearly in our resolution are the power and jurisdiction to limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government. So any amendment that can be written about that to limit the power of the federal government to promote this. The responsibility on behalf of the federal the government federal government, and term limits. All three things, and anything you can envision under those three pillars would be fair game in the in the amending convention that we are asking for that Convention of States is looking for. There's a lot of other uh, there's a few other organizations out there with a little bit of traction that are are trying to get thirty four states to agree to a topic. But for us, it's those three topics for Convention of States, And he is speaking at pretty specifically against us, because we have the most traction understood.
Speaker 1: And hey, there's thirty seven red states out there. You could get all of them to agree on a predefined set of principles. You could actually get it accomplished if you had the will of those various legislative bodies.
Speaker 21: We would need the will of the legislative bodies, and we would need the will of the people in order to get them passed, because once in convention, once those amendments are written, that's all they can be done. Is they can be proposed. Okay, they're not passed in the convention. They are proposed, they're written down, they're dead right, they're on a piece of paper. And then that gets pushed out to the state exactly like it would happen as if you know, if Congress wrote an amendment today about something good or bad. Okay, nobody would crush their pearls and say they're trying to re Reconstitution. You wouldn't say that, because that's not what they're doing. They're writing an amendment. It pushes out to the states, and thirty eight states are a super majority of the states would have to pass that's the right amendments. Yeah, package right there. All they would be uh, you know, sent three individually. They would be addressed if if we pass five or if not passed, but if we wrote five, push them out to the states. The states would look at those individually, and the houses in the Senate and these state legislatures would have to pass those both pass them in each states. It's a really really high bar states passage.
Speaker 1: Well, and as well it should be. The Constitution is not supposed to be easily amended. That's the point of it.
Speaker 2: It's agreed, agreed, except.
Speaker 1: In state of Ohio, where we seem to amend it almost every given election cycle. Diana, Diana, thank you for calling it. Fortunately, I know it is Jez and Louise and vote no on issue one. Let me get that in there, Diana. Good luck at the the empower Youse Seminar. And I know you'll be respectful and let him get his point in, and I'm sure he'll allow for questions and answers. At least I will ask him that very question when he comes on the program. That's Rob tuttele. We don't need a constitutional convention the subject of the empower Youse Seminar. You get the details fifty five cars dot com and register online and empower you America. Or thanks again Diana for bringing that up. Seven forty seven here at fifty five KR City Talk Station, A little bit more time to talk. If you've got a comment, I'd love to hear from you. Five one, three, seven four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk. Another call you need to make is fast and pro roofing. It's a free inspection. Why not call him? Well, if you got a brand new roof in a brand new house, you don't need to call my guess. I mean, it's certainly possible you could had a massive hail problem and your roof could be ruined, but unlikely that early on. But if my like my roof, I think I had maybe seventeen or eighteen years under the belt should have lasted at least twenty five or thirty based upon the shingle that I bought originally with the Builder Special Well it was just it was ruined hail damage. Fast and Pro replaced My roof looks gorgeous and I did buy up to the fifty year warranted shingle. You're going to get an automatic upgrade without having to pay extra for the fifty years shingle. You get the certainty Landmark Pro fifty if you need the roof replaced. But the folks at Fasten Pro are honest and they'll never know assess your roof and come down and tell you need a new one if you really don't. Other guys in the industry absolutely will try to do that, pull the wool over your eyes, and some unscrupulous folks out there. Well Family internoperator since nineteen ninety nine, Ray and Amanda. They have it all with the most professional qualified roofers around, pure craftsmanship and they do it all roof maintenance and replacement, gutters, gutter guards and integrity roof systems, skylights, even and of course sighting. Oh the work is great. Check them out online Fasten faste and fasten proroofing dot com. Again it's a free inspection. Tell them, Brian said, hig when you call a plus with a BBB fast and pro at five one three seven, seven four ninety four ninety five, that's seven seven four ninety four ninety.
Speaker 2: Five fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: Tanna nine says sonny and seventy today overnight little forty with clear skies seventy four, the heighth tomorrow with sunny skies, overnight fifty one with clear skies, sunny again for the most part on Saturday, going all the way up to seventy nine. Right now it's forty seven degrees. Time for with an update on traffic from the U see on tramphis center.
Speaker 9: Mamma grahams saved Vives called five one three, five to eight four pink dischedule. You're annual mammogramm at you see health ex printem that's five one, three, five eight four pink northbound seventy five. There's an accident above buttermilk that hands.
Speaker 1: The left shoulder blocked off.
Speaker 9: It adds to heavy or traffic now out of Florence for an extra twenty minutes southbound seventy five that slows between Tylersville and Union Center, then again through Lachland. There's a wreck east found on the Reagan Highway near Plainfield, Chucking, Romont.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station seven here fifty five KRC DE talk station Happy Friday Eve Well here from Retire Marine Corps Colonel William Dunaff Top of the air news about the report from the wars in Middle East and the boots on the ground, as well as an analysis the pager attack of course Hesbala and other terrorists forces funded by Iran butt often directed by Iran. And thank you Biden administration. Appreciate your efforts to rehabilitate the Iranian economy during Trump administration's tenure and the quote unquote maximum pressure sanctions that he brought down on them. Tehran's oil reserves fell from sixty five billion dollars in twenty eighteen down to twenty eight billion dollars in twenty nineteen, and then as low as sixteen billion in twenty twenty. Who was president then, Oh, that's right, Trump, So sixteen billion dollars in twenty twenty. This is from a report for the US Energy Information Administration EIA. Biden takes office one year. Fast forward from sixteen billion in oil revenue to thirty seven billion in county year twenty twenty one, fifty four billion in twenty two, and then fifty three billion in twenty twenty three. Okay, The report points out a ron was exporting five hundred and twenty seven thousand barrels per day in twenty eighteen under Trump, nine and sixteen thousand barrels in twenty twenty three underd Biden, a dramatic increase. Richard Goldberg, Senior Fell at the Foundation for diveens Democracy said, quote, totally insane. This is not due to sanctions evasion. This is of course due to the Biden Harris administration, which hasn't publicly eased sanctions. But then again they don't insist on enforcement like Donald Trump did. Of course, these literally billions and billions of dollars go to gas fund wars and terrorists and rockets and drones. Got big choice coming in fast, you know, in three weeks. And if the Oribians are behind this and they're going to they really do want to build a nuclear weapon I don't know if Israel's going to strike those nuclear plants or not. That could be unbelievably horrific in terms of escalating the war, because of course you have this problem of Russia in China. But then most recently I read an article yesterday or the day before, North Korean soldiers are fighting with the Russians against the Ukrainians. Talk about an access of evil. Just shy seven fifty five here fifty five krs. The talk station will get retired Colonel Marine Corps Colonel William Dunn's perspective on all that and a lot more. And then, of course at eight thirty I heard me the aviation expert Jay Ratliffe, What would happen if your pilot just dropped dead on your airline? That actually happens. We'll be talking about that. Stick around. I'll be right back after the news. October.
Speaker 20: A threat to democracy is sounding on.
Speaker 14: He could have destroyed it in his first term, buddy, David.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 1: This report day is sponsored Palm. Every day.
Speaker 2: The most important day is election day.
Speaker 8: You're going to hear every single bit of information.
Speaker 2: When you we like to listen fifty five KRS.
Speaker 1: Height five Here at Pitty five kr CD talk station, Brian Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Friday Eve and expressing delight over my next guess. I am happy to welcome to the pifty five CARC Morning Show. Retired Marine Corps Colonel William Bernard Dunn, President of Strategic Resilience Group. He served over three decades in the United States Marine Corps Badassery defined flew in many of the world's deadliest hotspots and dozens of combat missions as an attack helicopter pilot. He and his team support US Central Command, Marine Forces, Central Command, US Cyber Command, US Strategic Command, and Special Ops Command Central worldwide. He's the author of a book called Gunfighter's Rule, about the story of a boy destined to become a United States Marine fighter pilot. Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, Colonel. It is a real pleasure to have you on. Let me start by thanking you for your service to our country.
Speaker 4: Well, sir, thank you very much.
Speaker 16: It's my pleasure and I really appreciate your time and having me on the air this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is going to be wildly interesting because we're going to get to it in a moment, folks, the coordinated attack involving the walkie talkies and pagers strategically planned by yet an unknown source. Some people think Masad. But we'll get to the details on that. But I gotta I gotta ask you first, and I'm sure you get this all the time. Colonel where'd you get the nickname Berner?
Speaker 20: Well, that's that's top secret.
Speaker 16: I would say that, I would say that alcohol was involved.
Speaker 1: All right, I understand that about it. That is wonderful. Anyhow, moving on, let's talk about your organization because I've seen your website Strategic Resilience Group. What is it that you do day to day and why is it that your organization recently had boots on the ground in Syria.
Speaker 16: Well, so, what we do is we have a couple of major lines of operations. We do data analytics, We do information warfare and information operations, and we also do resiliency training for commercial organizations, plus a bunch of we have other things in between with training and different things.
Speaker 4: Are our folks in Syria.
Speaker 16: We're supporting some of our high end professionals from d D doing very specific work. Those folks are now and you know they're out.
Speaker 4: Of Syria, they're doing at least our folks are out of Syria.
Speaker 16: They're doing some other work in the Middle East right now, but they support d D and a myriad of requirements across you know, both, you know, both the battle space but also supporting back here in the United States.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're not actually engaged in fighting, it's more behind the scenes looking at our intelligence and other information and intelligence gathering.
Speaker 4: I guess, yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 16: Our folks are not what I would consider on the kinetic end, but they are supporting the people that are on a kinnectic end.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, all right, moving over to well, I'm sorry, I thought it was in many ways brilliant. How they pulled it off is beyond my understanding, considering how many people had one of these rigged pagers and then the following day walkie talkies. I thought it was interesting and I thought it was kind of neat. But then again, on the flip side, it's really really scary that this happened. So let's talk about the exploding pagers. Has there any been any definitive determination as that who has responded behind it, although we all kind of presume it was Mosad.
Speaker 4: I suspect.
Speaker 16: We will never hear Masad or Israel officially state that they did this. Right now, we all think they probably did or probably had a hand in it. But we have some friends, some Israeli friends that we talked to on a weekly basis, and they will.
Speaker 4: Not admit it. We're not going to ask them to admit it.
Speaker 16: But what they did do is they pulled in exquisite intelligence from across the battlespace, spanning years in banning multiple countries to precisely target enemy commanders and enemy assets at the same time on the same day, and then the same time on the second day.
Speaker 4: And imagine if you are.
Speaker 16: An enemy of Israel right now, the fear that that has put into you, no right.
Speaker 1: I know, that's what That's one of the more brilliant elements about it, the psychological, uh damaging effect that it has on the terrorist organization that they hit, just the terrorist. I mean, I know there was some collateral damage. There always is in war, and I'm not gonna excuse it, but this is reality, this is life. You know, Israel's in a fight for its life. These people just blew It's like they blew up four thousand terrorists in one hit. It was it was just it was amazing.
Speaker 16: It's amazing and and and you know, I saw a thing this morning that Netanyahu put out to the people of Lebanon, and it's brilliant. You know, let's assume a Lebanese person is just a good person, right, but Hesbelah is.
Speaker 4: The one that's fighting this battle.
Speaker 16: So Hesbelah, because they're fighting, they are causing collateral damage in Lebanon.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People, yes, who may not be behind their efforts in that regard, that's right.
Speaker 16: And so nan Yaho has called for them to basically turn in the HESBLA fighters, which they probably won't do, right, Yeah, but he's giving them an out. And this is what I believe will happen. And Iran as well, give the population an out so that you know, ideally, every man and woman across any country wants their children to live and thrive. If your children are being surrounded by terrorists and then put it a threat, maybe what you do is you.
Speaker 4: Move those terrorists away from your area, and then that helps end this war. That's what you hope for. Will it happened?
Speaker 16: You know, in reality, no, one of the things that I talk about in the book gunfighter's rule is. When I was in Iraq during OAF one, I came across a school in Baghdad. It was a girls elementary school and on the wall my interpreter had to read it to me was this big mural and you could see it was Israel and it says you will never go to heaven until Palestine is free. And this was in Iraq two thousand and three at a girls' school. So the hatred in the Middle East against Israel is profound, and they are truly fighting for their mere existence. So I believe their actions in Lebanon and Gaza have been very adequate and very.
Speaker 4: Precise, reducing the casualties.
Speaker 16: Because what you don't want to do is caused such a civilian problem, right, the civilians that they hate you.
Speaker 1: More exactly exactly. I do a segment with a retired lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis, we call the Deep Die with Daniel Davis. That's his position. This hatred is taught, it is fully ingrained in the population, and it's generational. You know, you kill my brother and you have children, and you know that those people killed your uncle and they hate the Israelis, and then it just is ever, a never ending cycle of hatred that's well literally taught like a religion, or it's part of the religion almost or if it isn't.
Speaker 16: Well it is it's I don't know if you've ever read the Koran, but one part of the Quran, if you read it specifically, it talks about in essence, anyone that is not Islam or for Islam is your enemy. It's not as simple as that. But one of the things that they've done is they take these young men, these young Middle Eastern men, and their leaders subvert a bit with the Koran says. Because one of the things that Koran says is you should not kill, But what they do says you can kill if someone's attacking your mosque. And so they've turned it in to that everybody's attacking Islam, and that becomes a you know, imagine if you're a young man, that's the reason to fight, if someone is attacking your faith, and it makes it very easy for them to get these young men to fight.
Speaker 1: Well, Colonel Dunn, they're not attacking Islam. They're attacking one subset of Islam, and that is the radical, murderous segment of Islam. I mean it's not really a war against the Islamic faith, is it.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 16: But that's how some of them get these young men to fight, is they tell them that they are attacking your faith, and then these young men sign up and they want to go fight Americans, Israelis, or anyone that's threatening allegedly threatening Islam. And that's how they get these young men to fight. A lot of times. You know, if I may, you know, I met a lot of Iraqis after oif one kind of calm down before the rest of the insurgency began. They're just people trying to stay alive and keep their families alive. They'll fight if they have to, but they, you know, a lot of them were forced into fighting us. And it was sad because you don't want these young men dying for no reason and they're attacking our marines and marines they're going to fight back and kill that period. But it was sometimes sad that these ill equipped folks would attack us, they would die.
Speaker 4: And we would look back and go, why would they do that?
Speaker 16: Because they were believing in something that they may have been tricked into believing.
Speaker 1: Understood, well, the world is filled with philosophies and put people in that particular position if they don't step out of themselves and sort of look at it from a ten thousand foot perspective about what they're doing. Colonel don If I may go back to the cell phone explosions, the one of the more interesting elements about this that they did target you know, has ball terrorists right, that they hit pretty much specifically just those terrorists. How is it in an organization which any terrorist organization typically is. It's made up of cells individuals who don't necessarily know who the other ones are. They keep it separate from each other, and they'll get orders, you know, from on top, which go to the one person that does gets spread out over the others. It's sort of like a pyramid scheme of sorts, but it's ideas to kind of help them maintain their anonymity and help them maintain a minimalist presence in the crowd to be activated whenever they're directed to do so. How is it in that completely broken up structure that they were able to get these phones in the hands of just those terrorists?
Speaker 16: I would say they had perfect intel. Wow, people that were.
Speaker 1: On the ground, which going back to your point about, you know, swaying the people to turn in. There may be quite a few citizens that aren't happy with terrorists control of their country that would help us help anybody along that.
Speaker 4: Way, you would hope.
Speaker 16: So this is, like I said, this was perfect intel. I have never seen anything this perfect in my thirty you know, over thirty three years in the Marine Corps. You know, we have great intel that shows you how incredible and how much time and effort that the Israelis put into their intel.
Speaker 4: Side of the world. I saw this.
Speaker 16: Morning on Iran, israel Is saying that the attack is coming. They will not know what happened, but they will see the results. So think of that ominous threat. Oh, you know, if a plane or a missile comes, right, you can understand that, you can rationalize, okay, jet came and dropped the bomb on me, or a missile game and blew up, you know, blew up my factory. But when someone gives you that threat that you're not going to know what happened, You're just going to see the result. That should send shiver down the enemy of Israel.
Speaker 1: Well, if you had to anticipate what that form of attack that might come in, I know Some are suggesting that the oil infrastructure be attacked, and some are suggesting the nuclear centrifuge areas. I know those are underground apparently, but that could be attacked. But could it possibly be that they unleash another like a Sutsnecks kind of software that you know, blows up the centrifuges making the enriched uranium or something along those lines.
Speaker 16: I think that's I think absolutely anything is possible. What I would like to see, what I would this is how I would do it is I would not attack the oil. I would attack all war supporting infrastructure. I would take out any of their aircraft or drone factories, maybe drone factories. I would take out their nuclear plant I would make I would blow their nuclear capability back one hundred years.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 16: What they're doing in Lebanon, you get the Iranian people, which, by the way, with all of the work that had been done in the past administrations, where Iran was on its heels, Yes, they were almost imploding. We had them on the verge and some of our old intel beliefs that the civilian population was going to overthrow the Iranian government. This was years ago before an administration change that could have happened.
Speaker 14: And none of this would be taking place right now.
Speaker 4: So that's what I would do if I was Israel.
Speaker 16: I would take out we're supporting infrastructure, leave the economy right now alone, so that you're not making the Iranian people. Some for the civilians, but they know the next wave takes those outcause.
Speaker 4: You don't comply.
Speaker 14: Then your next wave is your economy understood.
Speaker 1: And I get those those arguments. I guess you know, we all talk about in broader perspective, world War three breaking out given the cozy relationship the Irans now have with the Russians and the Chinese, and I just worry about a larger global conflict breaking out. Any possibility of that in your mind, Colonel, I.
Speaker 16: Think it's possible, but there is no in my mind. In my mind, China in Russia will let Iran go.
Speaker 1: Maybe would be a Russia's best interest from an oil production standpoint. Retired Colonel at Bernard don We're out of time. I just love to talk. I can talk to you for hours, sir, but let me end by thanking you from the bottom of my heart and on behalf of all of my listeners who feel the same way. Thanking you for your service for our country. It's been a fascinating conversation and you are always welcome here in the fifty five carsy morning, sure to discuss these world affareohs, colonel, it's been a real pleasure.
Speaker 16: Well, thank you, sir, and have a great weekend and holiday for all your listeners.
Speaker 4: I hope everybody has a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and we will try you do the same. It's eight twenty here fifty five Carsity Talk Stations. Stick around. We got to hurt media Aviation expert Jay right left, coming top to the bottom of the hour, be right.
Speaker 2: Back five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: For more information about contests on this station, go to fifty five KRC dot A twenty two. Here at fifty five KIRCD Talk Station Friday Eve, Jay rattlerbub next whilstin he from Rob Tuddele. This came up earlier in the show, just not just as I was pointing out Rob's going to join the program. He says, we do not need a constitutional convention. We're from Diana on that. She's gonna be in the audience at the empower Use seminar and to get the details. Fifty five KRC dot com. Rob's going to give us a little insight at the last segment or in the last segment on the program about that empower Youamerica dot org just got the details. Fifty five KRC dot com. Uh, we got a couple of minutes. And since it's Tech Friday tomorrow, I just wanted to get this in because it's it's sad and pathetic, but it's kind of funny the same thing. Speaking of well, cell phones, exploding pages, walkie talkies, porch pirates, pores have been stealing FedEx packages that have AT and T iPhones in them, and often within just a minute or two or even seconds after they've been delivered by the real FedEx driver. These they have the tracking numbers apparently that makes the packages from AT and T particularly vulnerable. AT and T typically does not require a signature on the delivery, so FedEx driver shows up, drops off the box containing an iPhone from specifically AT and T, and right after that person leaves real FedEx driver, somebody walks up, often wearing an Amazon delivery vest, grabs the package off the front steps, and they say they're reporting by Esther fungover Wall Street. Jennals that happen so quickly that in some of the ring doorbell videos of this happening, the FedEx driver and the thief actually cross paths. So there's been a big rise in ports stuff since the pandemic. But if you know exactly when the thing's going to land on any given front door and you don't need a signature, guess what. Apparently it's really easy to target you to have it stolen. So just something else to keep in mind. You might want to insist on a signature, or I guess you have the same tracking number. You two can find out when they're coming up to your driveway door. You're to your door and be there before the porch pier jumps up and grabs the package from you. So a twenty five fifty five KRCY talk station Jay Ratliffe is up next to Sure, hope you can stick around for that. Then we're gonna hear from Rob Tubble about the Constitutional Convention at the end of the program.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The Simply Money Minute is sponsored by Emory Federal critic. Here's your Channel nine first Warning weather forecast. Sunny day today. I have seventy overnight clear and forty tomorrow sunny as well, seventy four clear of a night fifty one and another mostly Sunday day on Saturday. We're going to go up there. Seventy nine degrees right now, forty nine degrees. Time for a traffic update from the UCL Tramfis Center.
Speaker 9: Mammograms say vibes called five one three five eight foard pink to schedule your annual mammogram with U see Helsex profteen. That's five one three five eight board pink up found seventy five crews continue to work from a couple of accidents, one on the left near Mitchell, one on the right near Millateral.
Speaker 1: Tramfic backing towards seventy four. The latest practice.
Speaker 9: Westbound two seventy five and seventy one left lane is currently blocked off Chuck Ingram on fifty five K See the talk station.
Speaker 1: A twenty nine on a Thursday, Slash Friday Eve Always loved this time a week. It is time Brieheart Mediash Nextpert Jay Rattliff Jay, How you doing, My good friends, Always a pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 17: Good morning to you. I'm doing very well. Too many things to be thankful for to me otherwise you know that.
Speaker 1: Well, are you down at the Southern Command right now?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 17: We are.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 18: The winds at the tropical storm morning kicked in and about to this morning we were starting to get some gusting winds forty fifty miles an hour with some rain.
Speaker 17: Most of it was just the winds though.
Speaker 18: And we've got four of these great, big oak trees that are hundreds of years old ing the yard and we keep them trimmed out of all the day stuff. But having storm after storm after storm, you wonder just how they're going to be able to with stand that. We had some damage to the house with one of the trees at the last storm, and we're thinking, okay, how the wind's going to be now, But we fared okay, And even if we didn't, I mean goodness, looking at the path of destruction going through Florida, that's just again just horrific.
Speaker 17: And you know, to see.
Speaker 18: So much, you know, happening, it's just makes you count your blessings.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. And I just real quick, i'd ask, are you in an area that could be described as a flood zone or do you have any risk of any flooding happening? And I know with the TRRNCHI or rains, you might get a little water in your house or something. But are you high enough a way that you're not going to be dealing with these potential issues?
Speaker 17: Yeah, we're right enough.
Speaker 18: We happen to live on a peninsula, so we've got deep water on both sides of the house, but it is far enough down that it would have to come up quite a bit for that to be the case. And we've got a two level house, so would you go upstairs if things start coming through the front doors or.
Speaker 17: So we would be okay there.
Speaker 18: But yeah, we are not technically in a flood zone, which means we pay six hundred and eighty dollars a year for flood insurance versus the sixty eight hundred a year it would be if it was a flood zone. So I'm pleased to say we are not.
Speaker 1: Oh and so am I. That's good. One thing he maybe don't have to worry about one thing we might have to worry about. And I know we've talked before about the idea of getting rid of co pilots and just having one pilot in the cockpit. And I know you you're on record saying that I think that's a bad idea. Well, welcome to reality. I think you're right, Jay, it sounds like a bad idea when your airline captain drops dead in the middle of the flight.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it was a Turkish Airlines flight. I think they're going laed Istmbul and so they're tooling across the country and yeah, he had a medical event takes place, the captain collapses, they have medical intervention, which means the flight attendants get involved. They've got a defibrillator on board, you've got medical personnel that are always on the flight that will come and try to assist. The flight made emergency landing in New York and by that time the captain was gone. So it was just really a sad situation. And yes, both Airbus and Boeing are working on prototypes for the airlines at their request that would be in essence, a single pilot cockpit, stating that the automation that's available today makes a second pilot unnecessary. And of course in a situation like this, excuse me, yes.
Speaker 17: You do need it now now, Brian.
Speaker 18: Here's the other thing, though, the people that say there should be no pilots cockpit will point to this as an example of why you should not have anyone up there. They'll point to the fact that most accidents in your accidents are the result of human air and they'll say that you've got so many airlines from a logistics standpoint, that have to worry about the number of hours the crew members flying inconveniencing passengers when weather causes delays, where those hours are exceeded and everything.
Speaker 17: Has to stop.
Speaker 18: If everything's fully automated, you have none of those worries, and the airplanes can be kept in motion. Passengers wouldn't be inconvenience, and they will they will throw it out that yes.
Speaker 17: It would be safer. I don't agree.
Speaker 1: I don't okay, let me let me just see any one pilot situation. Pilot drops dead, How does the automation safely land the plane? I mean I IOLs? I know about IOLs, But how would that kick out?
Speaker 18: Someone would be trained on the aircraft to step in. Now, they would they would be a pilot to some extent, but they would be trained on how to get everything turned over to the automation side of things.
Speaker 12: Uh not?
Speaker 4: What not?
Speaker 17: The experience level you.
Speaker 18: Would have if you'd have uh, you know, two pilots that had you know, tens of thousands of hours or whatever between them on the flight deck. So and again, the computers can only respond to what they've been programmed for. And I know it's an overused example, but the Hudson River landing with the bird strike with US Airways, We've never before had a double engine bird strike that caused both engines to stop, turning that airplane into a glider. Had the computer on board and aircraft been faced with something that wasn't programmed for, what's going to happen? And look, this is just years after nine to eleven and you've got an airplane that's out of control with no engines, headed towards downtown New York. I mean, please, it's just yeah, it would have been horrific.
Speaker 1: And then also you talk about, you know, they can only do what they've been programmed to do. I understand the concept of garbage in garbage out, and that not that they would be putting garbage into it, but they can't anticipate every scenario. But also, what are the concept of hacking or maybe an emp or something. Once the electronics are rendered incapable or corrupt, wouldn't it be nice to flip the switch and be able to go to full man. I mean, so if you had a real license piled then knows how to the land a plane without the automation that someone would be there for that total agreement.
Speaker 18: In fact, I want somebody that has a vested interest in that plane landing set, well, I want their butt on the line too. So when I understand and I saw over the decades of working in that industry, and I saw the level of training of these pilots where the front landing gear was locked sideways and they're coming into land and what do you do, Well, no problem, they just landed like the Space Shuttle. They landed with the nose up, and they allow it to continue to go down the runway, nose up the entire way, and in the last few minutes they just drop it down on the nose where, yeah, the wheels, you know, sideways is going to scribble a little bit. Now, that happened with a Jet Blue flight out on the West coast, and that's exactly how they handled it, exactly the way they've trained.
Speaker 17: And when the captain got.
Speaker 18: Off the plane, he was ticked because he missed the center line by I think six inches.
Speaker 17: That's how good these people, these men and women are.
Speaker 1: Let's pause on that heavy note and we'll bring jayback. Talk about hurricane conditions, the airport closures. When is commercial flight activity going to resume in Earnest? Plus hub delays which is a component of that more with Jay Ratliff after these brief words, it's beyond hy KC detox dation. Jay Ratliffe asked by our mediaviation expert Jay Ratlife, with just one more segment. We've got to go a little shorter today because empower, are you some of our Rob Tuttle's going to join the program in the last thing to talk about in his mind, why we don't need a constitutional convention. In the interim, let's get back to Jay and talk about hurricane We've got obviously back to back hurricanes. But in terms of shutting down airports, I gotta imagine Tampa's not open right now. But what's the story on this? When we are you opening one?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 1: When when they reopen in Earnest, and when will this commercial flight activity resume?
Speaker 18: Yeah, if airport's closed, Tampa, Saint Pete, Fort Myers, Sarasota, all the way across Orlando, Daytona Beach. All those have prevery much closed down Tuesday and Wednesday, and Brian, we're expecting today that as the storm has moved through, the airports will have to go through their necessary inspections. They'll be doing runway inspections, They'll be looking at the avionics systems around the airport, making sure that it's also safe from a facility standpoint for the employees, the passengers, the aircraft, the crews, all of that. And they've got a checklist of everything they go through to make sure things are okay, and then once that's been verified, flight activity will start to resume. We might start to see some trickles later today, but I think that within the next probably twenty four hours, we'll start to see these airports come back to life. And I think they should be back to full schedule as early as Saturday. I've been getting a lot of emails from people traveling this weekend or you know, coming up over the Monday Columbus Day saying Jay, what do you think and given where these aircraft are staged and the plans airlines have been, I think that we'll be back to full schedule as early as Saturday. Now maybe some things will change, but this storm has moved so fast that it's going to allow us to recover quickly. Now, obviously, if there's any airport damage to the facility itself, any runway damage where flooding or anything is corrupted a runway, it might limits flight activity. But I suspect that we're going to be in pretty good shape in just a couple of days and we'll be back to normal operations.
Speaker 1: Well, any of these airports you routtled off, are any of those major hubs, like when you think of Dallas or you know, Chicago, you know major hubs. Atlanta is another one. But are there are any of them that are that big that kind have a profound ripple effect?
Speaker 14: Are there?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 18: I mean Spirit has up lights where they've made in essence, the Orlando a hub. But from the idea of anything big, most of the major hubs in Florida would be the Miami International and as well, but mainly Miami Orlando would be kind of.
Speaker 17: A close second. And then but a lot of these are just the.
Speaker 18: In and out to direct flights as outstations operate. And again, the good news is that the people that do this, they are so good at getting these airports back up, because remember that's a revenue missile, yes, and the last thing you want to do is have a silver revenue tube. Is we call them an aircraft sitting around not doing anything. As well as the airport, they want to get that bad boy fired up as quickly as they can. They just need to make sure it's safe before they do it, and then as soon as that's done, it's like, hey, let's get the flights in here and go from there. Orlando was never closed totally because it was still open for emergency operations if the military had to bring in any sort of a relief flight with medical personnel, cargo, those kinds of things. But again, when you look at Debbie, how slow it moved and the problems it gave us, this storm has been a very fast one and it's exactly what we want to have. Not those winds, obviously, but we want the storm to move through quickly so that we can normal flight operations because you've got airlines that are trying to bring in cargo, yeah, as well as the first responders and people that are anxious to get home to check on friends, family and their property.
Speaker 17: So you can't resume that stuff too soon, well, real quick.
Speaker 1: For we get the hub lays and part comany this week, Jay, how about the airplanes themselves? Did they fly those out of the area before the hurricane was on final approach? If a piece so bold always, I mean.
Speaker 18: What happens is, long before the winds got to the point where they were problematic, airlines were canceling flights and aircraft that were scheduled to be at all those airports that were impacted in Florida. We staged them in other airports. We'll get them out of there to nearby airports that are out of the range of this storm. Because you never want to have an aircraft that's in a high wind event where you've got debriflying all over the place, that's going to get deinged. It becomes a mechanical situation. It's out of service, so the mechanics can fix whatever damage it is.
Speaker 17: So you don't take that chance.
Speaker 18: You get these expensive airplanes out of harm's way, and as soon as that storm moves through Boom, you get them back in. Their airlines stink when it comes to customer service, but their regular flight operations like this, they've got down to a t and They do a very good job because they get us all accommodated long before we have to get to the airport. They let us know our flights are impacted. If they are, they give us options. If you want to put it off to another week, another month, they have waivers that allow us to do that without, you know, eating a change fee. So the only thing that we had was United Airlines Real Quick was kind of gouging people because the fares out of Tampa to Chicago the last day of the airport was open American United. Excuse me, American Southwest. We're charging like four six hundred dollars flights to Chicago. United was over two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, unleast Kamala Harris on them.
Speaker 18: We got to hit okay, but the administration didn't come out quickly saying they were going to go after airlines, and they quickly shut it down.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, Maureen pointed out, we got to worry about I guess tropical storm nay Dean next on the agenda. Anyway, we'll talk about that down the road. Jay real quick Hub delays, what are we looking at today, sir Orida?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 17: The rest of the country is in great.
Speaker 1: Shape, wonderful Jay. I always love talking to you, having you in the morning show. Look forward to next Thursday, and as always, best to health and love for you in your better half, my friend.
Speaker 17: I appreciate it, serve that you too.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Thanks brother. Forty five fifty five Kresny Talk Station. Do we need a constitutional Convention? Rob tutnill be talking about that at the Empower Youth Seminar. It'll be talking about that coming up after the break. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC one more time.
Speaker 1: The Channel nine first Warning weather forecast not bad sonny in seventy today, clear skys overnight forty seventy four. The height tomorrow is sunny skies fifty one overnight clear and mostly sunny Saturday. I have seventy nine closing out at fifty degrees right now. Time for a final traffic check from.
Speaker 9: The UCL Tramphingks Center. Mammograms save vives called five one, three, five and four pink. Just schedule your annual mammogram with UC health exper team at It's five one, three, five eighty four paint North pund seventy five. So those a bit buttermilk to Kyle's getting better through Saint Bernard.
Speaker 1: The wreck near Mitchell is clear.
Speaker 9: Still working to clear the wreck on the right near the lateral seth pound seventy five break bikes from Tylersville to an accident above Union Center East found on the Reagan Highway. There's a wreck at seventy five Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC a talk station.
Speaker 1: Eight forty seven Here fifty five kr SE the talk station. A very very happy Friday eve to you. Empower Youoamerica dot orgs where you get the entire seminar list of the classes that are being discussed at empower You two twenty five Northland Boulevard for the studio, and you can always stream these courses online. Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, Rob Tuddle. Do we want a constitutional convention? That is the question mark subject matter of the upcoming con conversation taking place tonight the tenth at seven pm online Empower you America dot org to get registered for that, whether you're going to show up at the empower Youth studio or in person. Let me get by a way a background. Rob Well, he's done a ton of research on the constitutional conventions. He's been actively involved in politics more than twenty years, elected three times the Warren County Central Committee, volunteer lobbyist for a number of nonprofits across the states, including Dayton Right to Life. He teaches classes on the Constitution across Ohio, both as a member of Building Blocks for Liberty YAY and the Institution Institute Rather on the Constitution, focusing on the serious problems of government overreach and fiscal irresponsibility, subjects near and dear to my heart. So Rob, Rob, it's great have you on the program. Why are you a no on a constitutional convention or convention of States?
Speaker 8: Well, thanks for having me on, and this is it's a real honor. As you said, I've been doing a lot of research into this, because when you first hear about this idea that we could have a constitutional convention and do things in the Constitution by adding amendments that the Congress won't do do they won't limit themselves, right, it's pretty exciting. So, unfortunately, I'm a bit of an analytical personality, and I decided to do my own research on both sides of the issue, and so what I found out was that ultimately everything pointed to a very dangerous situation if we were to convene another constitutional convention. If you remember the first convention, they were expected to merely revise the Articles of Confederation, which was our first constitution, but yet they ended up throwing it out and creating an all new constitution. Once those delegates are convened in a constitutional convention, they have plenty of potentiary power, which means they can make any changes to the constitution they want. And I think this is a very dangerous time, very toxic political environment, and we could expect to have a lot of shenanigans at a convention like that.
Speaker 1: And I understand that concern and one of the concerns expressed by my friend Rick Heron, who's been on the program of times over the years on variety of subject matters. He's, you know, Article five convention advocates. He says, he always asks them, well, who will be selecting the delegates? And the answer is is he points out the state Assembly, which is leading to how reliably conservative is the majority of the speaker of the housing your state. We've got a bit of a problem, like herding cats in Columbus. It's republican state, it's republican governor House and Senate, and yet they can't seem to get anything accomplished by way of conservative values. That is a bit of a problem, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Well, absolutely, we can't necessarily trust the state legislatures to, you know, to appoint people that are going to do a good job for at least US conservatives. But I would say that it's not even a sure thing that the state legislators are going to appoint the delegates. There was a Congressional Research Service report which is the most comprehensive research on how an Article five convention would actually be conducted back in twenty fourteen. It was updated by the CRS and that sixteen and seventeen, and they pointed out that there are no rules around a constitutional convention or the requirements or characteristics of delegates, not even how many delegates there would be. And the CRS suggested that Congress actually has broad latitude. And you may be familiar, and I'm sure you are, with the necessary improper clause at the US Constitution that says that if Congress can call a convention, then they have certain capabilities with respective defining the boundaries of the convention that they call. So it could very well be that Congress creates a situation where the delegates are elected in the states. In fact, that has been suggested in legislation in the past.
Speaker 1: Well as I suppose a fail safe mechanism, whatever would happen in this Convention of States. Constitutional convention would have to be then submitted to the states for ratification or for approval, and you're going to have to get everyone and thirty how is it thirty seven states would need to agree, yeah, thirty eight yep, so.
Speaker 8: That will be the course of the states would have to ratify.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, So if they went off the rails and you know, they took away our freedom of speech or our Second Amendment rights keeping baar arms, or do what they always are doing anyway, ignoring our Fourth Amendment right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures once it lands in any given state, to be like, hell, no, we're not going to vote for that, and then the whole concept be thrown out the window.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, that's a possibility.
Speaker 8: I would suggest that thirty four states have to request the convention in the first place, and so you've got thirty four that are going to be you know, pretty likely to respond positively when they come back for ratification. But you know, more than that, we've seen the states in recent years, and take a look at Ohio, Brian, We've seen the people of Ohio pass things that we never thought that they would pass in the Constitution of Ohio. I'm not sure that I want to take that risk. And frankly, there's a bill in the US Congress right now by Jody Errington out of Texas. It's in the Judiciary Committee as we speak, that says that the ratification will actually be done by conventions in the states, not by the state legislatures. So when George Soros and those guys get their money and advertising, we've seen what they can do by the issue where the states are convincing them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the abortion issue in Issue one that's currently pending right now, there is fat liberal money behind support for Issue one, and I'm a firm no on it to the extent you want to listen to me vote no on one.
Speaker 8: Right, Oh, absolutely, we're against. And you know, most of the money for Issue one, the current issue one, as well as the previous ones, came from out of state, a lot of it even from out of the country. Well, you know, what do they do in middle in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's just going to be a phenomenon going forward. As the world has become an extremely close play small place, and foreign influence is really easy to accomplish these days through just handing out checks to people to go ahead and submit the campaign contributions directly to the re elected representative, even though the money originated in a foreign country. Crazy stuff going on out there. Tonight is the night seven PM for Rob Tuttle talking about the Constitutional Convention. Empower you America dot Org. I strongly encourage you to get under there at anytime today register to attend in person or to attend virtually. Rob, Good luck tonight, have an enjoyable conversation. I know the pro folks are going to be there. We had a woman calling Diana called in earlier said their folks are going to be in the audience. Oh good, Well, she promised.
Speaker 8: To play nice I talked to those folks all the time.
Speaker 1: Good good, So she promised to play nicely with you.
Speaker 8: We always play nicely with each other. But can I just take one second to put in a plug for Orlando Sanza. I had this, Yeah, so Orlando I know I've heard him speak about the enumerated powers in the Constitution. I know he's a fiscal Hawckey's a CPA. He's anxious to get on the Budget committee up in Congress. And we wouldn't have a budget problem or an out of control spending problem if we had people like Orlando Sanza in Congress who would obey the constitution.
Speaker 17: That we currently have.
Speaker 8: A Matt, I don't know why people think that if Congress doesn't obey the Constitution today, that merely adding a couple of new amendments that constitution is all of a sudden, they're going to.
Speaker 1: Start obeying it. Echoing the comments from a listener that made earlier this morning, he said the exact same thing, Rob, have fun tonight, enjoy the conversation, Folks, tune in through the empower Youamerica dot org website. Rob's a real pleasure to have you on the program today. Thanks for what you're doing. Thank you, Brian, my pleasure brother. Folks, if you didn't hear Donovan and the Americans for Prospered, you got a few several events going on this Saturday you can participate and starting to encourage you to get over to AFP action to do so. Marine Corps retired Colonel William Dunn talking about that pager attack in the Middle East. Fascinating that and of course Jay Ratliffe and the information about the seminar tonight, all at fifty five cares dot com, who you can tune in tomorrow for Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Have a wonderful day, folks, and keep your prayers going down to the people impacted by the two hurricanes. They need all the help we can get. And again I'll put a plug in for Matthew twenty five just because I know your buck will go a long, long, longer way than most other charitable organizations. Have a wonderful day, folks. Stick around Glumbex coming right up October.
Speaker 2: Thanks are getting crazy by the day, is sounding on.
Speaker 20: I'm just waiting on some October surprise.
Speaker 2: Now fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored