Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. This is a fake bobblehead Daniel Legrand, and we got a new location today. Tim want to switch things up. Had a little bit of an issue with our studio, if that's what you want to do.
Speaker 2: It was taken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we use it without photographers. So they're shooting some photos of some special stuff that you guys will see soon. My own bubblehead, yeah, Tim's own bubblehead. No, not that, some to be announced stuff that is coming down the pipeline. They're they're taking care of that. So we relocated out here to the floor of the Horseshoe Events Center, Bronze Table six twenty. Yeah, so when anyone sits at this table when they're playing throughout the summer, they can be like, that's where they recorded the podcast. Yep, that's where they recorded it. On today's show, we got Benny Glasser winning number two and number seven. You'll understand why if you're a little bit confused as to why I said it like that. Lou Garza comes back to win the twenty five K no limit hold'em slash PLO high Roller, the ten K Dealer's Choice it's way back there somewhere, and the two K no limit where's that? That's on the main stage over there somewhere. They are both playing down. Not quite sure that we'll get to the winner in those tonight, so Tim and I are recording early. We'll touch on that, we'll see where they're at, and then we'll wrap them up on the next episode of the show. We got the fifteen hundred dollars Nolanman hold them shootout is onto the final day, and then of course we will touch on everything else that is happening around the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker. First up, though, of course, got to tell you about the home of free online poker. If you want to play online poker for free, and who the heck wouldn't want to do that, check out play poker Go. You can find them in the iOS store, you can find them on Android, or just go to play poker grow dot com. With play poker Grow, you get the thrill of authentic poker anytime anywhere. As we said yesterday, I'll say it again today just launched the No Gamble No future themed sitting goes you spin the wheel of gain instead of the wheel of pain that is on the show. So that is a cool new feature that is in the play Poker Go platform. They got casual games, they got ring games, they got tournaments, they got anything that you want to play. Tim and I both play on there regularly. I think we should set up some sort of like free roll or something. I don't know exactly what. I'm just thinking about this out loud, So put that on your to do list.
Speaker 2: When do you want to play?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll figure it out, all right, I got it, you know, we'll promote it. We'll get the people in there. We'll have a little fun little battle and we'll see if we can beat the fans beat the listeners. Right, So, authentic online poker for free play poker grow dot com or find it's in the iOS store or on Android.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Benny Glaser baby winning number two and number seven if you can believe it. The reason why I say it like that is because he won the second gold bracelet for his summer here in twenty twenty five, and it's only what nine days in crazy his seventh career WSP gold bracelet. He won the fifteen hundred dollars Mixed Omaha for two hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars, a big field, twelve hundred and thirty nine entries in that one Glazer Glaser came into the final day three players remaining. He had the big lead. He ended up closing it out. He's got two cashes on the summer and they're both wins. He won the fifteen hundred dollars Dealer's Choice and then the next tournament that he played was the fifteen hundred dollars Mixed Omaha and he won that. So Benny Glaser hasn't lost a tournament in six days. Bet, I mean, it's just absolutely incredible stuff, right, first two times bracelet winner here in twenty twenty five. He has seven career bracelets. As I mentioned, after he won it, he was nice enough to come meet up with you on the main stage and chat for quite a bit, a fairly lengthy interview. So let's go to that interview with Tim and Benny right now.
Speaker 2: Benny Glaza, congratulations, seven time WSSP bracelet winner. Noway, one thing I want to talk to you about first is that there's a big streak here at the WSP players winning two bracelets stretching back to two thousand and now you have continued that twenty six seas in a row after you won your first one this week. Was that something immediately on your mind? You want to win a second bracelet and a fourth this series?
Speaker 3: It was on my mind. Yeah, I had agreed essentially infinite messages also just putting it in my mind, just being like, we see another bracelet for you this series as well, and you know, for going for three, it's obviously like a stretch of a goal, but it's absolutely been on my mind. I was really looking forward to coming in for a big summer this time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's only two players in the history of the WSP that have won seven braces bicker them Johnny Mass and Phil Ivy. You know, is that these kind of like records that and history.
Speaker 4: In the WSP. Is that stuff that you care about?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think so, Like there are one or two records. I don't know if I have, like am I the quickest ever double bracelet in a year for example, yeah? Or if I yeah, or maybe the only person to get back to back twice, Like these are things that I think are just incredible achievements that yeah, I'm just proud of.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people know you as a mixed game player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how important is it to you to win games in multiple variants? Not just you know all in horse or all inside, but you you have brasus in four games, you have to seven, you have omaha, hi, Low, you have the other choice?
Speaker 4: How important that to you? Is your you know, your poker resume.
Speaker 3: I like to think it adds credibility to me as an overall poker player, which is something I definitely strike for just to be a well or rounded player. And yeah, it's important, and it's very useful for the World Series when I can potentially jump into any event and have the potential for a bracelet, Like if there's any event like we do you today, I feel like, oh that has a chance of Yeah, me wondering.
Speaker 2: Yet you have two and two braces seven, You have two in omahah Low, And I guess you can kind of call this as a third or you know, be two thirds high Low.
Speaker 4: What is your best game when it comes to the mixed games?
Speaker 3: I think generally my best game is limit Await. Okay, it's close, but I think that's the one that I normally considers my best.
Speaker 2: We talked about, you know, your impressive from resume on the Poko podcast the other day. Yeah, we kind of thought, you know, Benny's following his path of phil ivey. You know, eleven bracelets in eight different variants, but no no limit hold embracelets. Is that something that like you care about or is it just you know, bracelet is a bracelet to me.
Speaker 3: I mean I would like to win a no limit bracelet. I think that would also be very cool. But just the reality is I prioritize mixed so much more during the summer that I'm probably only paying five, maybe six no limit events throughout the whole summer, So it's just much more likely I'm going to win a mixed bracelet during the summer. But yeah, I think a no limit hold embracer would also be very cool.
Speaker 2: I want to kind of talk a little bit about young your legacy as a poker player.
Speaker 4: You're not forty yet. It's coming twenty twenty nine, you'll be eligible for the Poker.
Speaker 1: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I believe in a few names that are also eligible.
Speaker 2: That year you got pads Stephen Chidwick got Doug Poking at Dance Smith.
Speaker 4: Now, obviously, right now the Hall of Fame is just one person in.
Speaker 2: But for something for you? Is that something you're really striving for? I want to know stamp my name in the history book, and I want to be a first ballot straining.
Speaker 4: A whole time.
Speaker 3: That would be something that's very cool. Like that achievement is something I'm aiming for and would be very proud of. That was a very strong list of names. I don't know about that. I don't know about the first ballot. That would be very cool. That's going to be a tough year, I guess, but yeah, it's something I would aim for and be incredibly proud of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when the dust settles on your POPA three, hopefully it's not for another forty fifteen years from here. What do you want people to like look back on as as Benny the Poper play?
Speaker 4: What do you want your legacy to be?
Speaker 2: Strong?
Speaker 3: Question? I mean, firstly just ability. I guess I would like to think people think I'm good for was very good. And then I guess the question is how much this personality come in to I want people to think I was maybe gracious or whatever, like in the ways I'm winning or the ways I'm playing. There's a few things like that that would nice, you know, just being a good human hopefully as well. Things like that would be nice to be thought of in that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we haven't busted the tournament in six days. I believe we've got a fifteen hundred doogie up next. You're probably gonna maybe get some dinner and see if you can make that nine days without being a limited eliminated. But congratulations, seven time WSP bracelet winner Benny Blasa.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much man.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: That was Benny Glauser, moments after he secured his seventh career gold bracelet. All of his bracelets are in mixed games, as you touched upon in that interview with him. What does that say about where he ranks among I mean two really two things. One among the great mixed game players and then the other thing is among the great WSOP players. Because there are very few people that have seven or more bracelets.
Speaker 2: So what do you think? Yeah, he's right up there. I mentioned in the interview. The person his career is kind of following in is Phil Ivy. Eleven bracelets in eight This different progravariance. You know, Benny is on track to do something similar. I mean, you know, that's kind why I'm kind of ask him about the no limit hold Him bracelet as as it comes to obviously modern players, he is, without doubt one of the best that the WSP has. The record stands, you know, seven bracelets in eleven years something like that. It's just outstanding. And you know he's going to be competing for many years to come. He's still young. He's younger than both of you and me. He's I think he's he turns thirty six or thirty seven in a couple of days, so still very very young. And I mean he's not going to stop. He's gonna he's probably going to get to ten pretty soon, I think. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's interest as you kind of compare him to Phil iuve of him. I'm saying you specifically, just in general, I think Phil has a chance to win a nolan At Hold Him bracelet more so than Benny. And the reason why I say that is Phil is for sure going to be in all the twenty five k plus nolan Ath hold Them tournaments. Now, of course those are very tough, yes, but Phil is very good at nolam A hold them and they're just smaller fields, you know, the fifty K, the hunter k, the two to fifty k, like that sort of stuff. You know, he can certainly win those where I don't think Benny is going to be playing I'll say fifty k plus. You know, maybe he dabbles in a twenty five K, especially, I would say this summer, especially because now he's obviously with these two bracelets, early the front runner for player of the year. So does he press a little bit harder similar to what we saw with dan Zach a couple of years ago. Dan Zach is known as a mixed game player, and then all of a sudden he's like, I got to play this two hundred fifty K super high role because I got to get in there for a chance at the poy points.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So do we see a similar sort of thing with Benny.
Speaker 2: I don't think we see it to the same degree as dan Zach. We both saw Benny skip the twenty five K half enough, I thought the field maybe it was a little tough opted for an event where his edge is kind of greater, which was the mixed Omaha obviously paid off and I think that's what's going to happen. If Benny has you know, a five K no limit or fifteen hundred no limit or he has, say, you know, fifteen hundred dollars start eight, I think he's always going to go with the mixed game. He's going to lean into his strengths, which is the mixed games, any mix game we have on the schedule. But yeah, he it's it will be interesting if he can get a couple more results, a couple more cashes, and maybe another final table here and there. Maybe does he take a swing at a twenty five k or fifty k no limit holder or even plhi rolla to try and lock up player the I think that's you know, ask him about legacy. I think that's something where it would really interest him. Adding having a poy bannihanas at the time comes push, comes to shove, you know, it wouldn't surprise me if he does take a shot when needed. Now.
Speaker 1: At the twenty twenty three WSP, we saw Chad eve Sledge when Event five and Event ten both dealers Choice tournaments. He won the fifteen hundred dollars Dealer's Choice and then won the ten K dealer's choice, so very early on for him getting two bracelets. He also, like like Benny this year, he had two cashes then they were both victories. You know that obviously kickstarted his WSP campaign in a very big way. But after those two wins, he didn't final table another live WSP event in Vegas during that summer, So you know, I just kind of use that as a jumping off point. You know, how do you think the remainder of Benny's summer is going to go. Is it going to be similar to what we saw with Chat Eve Sledge win these two early and then you know, don't get back to a final table in the future, or are we just going to see Benny continue to you know, tear this place down.
Speaker 2: You know what, I would say, that's pretty hot, pretty high high variance there for Chad not having another big result after the starting so strongly. But if you had asked him before the World Series, hey, you're going to make two final tables, win two braces Are you okay with that guarantee? He says one hundred percent. So you know, if Benny does break the rest of the series, if he can, you know, maybe.
Speaker 1: It's well it's not that Chad Brick the rest of the story, but a couple of finishes in the teams and whatever. It just didn't make it to.
Speaker 2: The final table. I think Benny would be pretty happy with this now, the fact that he started so hot, you know, two wins in two events over six days. He's probably setting the bar very high for what comes for the rest of the series. You know, like, hey, I've knocked off two and it's only June fifth. You know, where's the third bra when's the third brace that come? When's the fourth bracelet come? When's the fifth bracelet coming? You know, so you set those standards pretty high, so it would probably disappoint him if he doesn't make at least another big run at a third bracelet. Here.
Speaker 1: I want to see someone win a four bracelets and ess it never happened, you know, I really want to see that. I think Benny is one of those players who has as good of a shot as anyone just because of how good he is when it comes to playing mixed games. He's going to be in all those ten K Mixed Game Championship events, which they have anywhere from one hundred to one hundred and fifty, maybe one hundred and seventy five players something like that. You know, I think, well, we still have the ten k horse that's going to be a big one. We had the ten k Omaha that was, you know, one of the bigger ones. But you know the ten k stud study stuff like that, that's you know kind of like around what one twenty ish or so. He's obviously going to be in the fifty k so you know he'll he'll have as good of a chance as anyone in that event.
Speaker 2: So it's it's not even just you know the size of the fields. I want to go back to twenty fifteen when George Danze won he's three bracelets. He won two here in Vegas, one in Asia Pacific.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that third one doesn't count, it does He established that doesn't count.
Speaker 2: I'm going that's with you. Seventy nine events the entire year, seventy nine events with the entire yearlevent brace events, right when George Dan's are one, three for Benny with two already, we have one hundred live bracelet events here, we have thirty online. We're going to have fifty sixteen in Paradise.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure Benny's going to be playing in the online.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, but we're gonna have sixteen in Europe. We're going to have another thirty three online in the fall, right, So we're looking at something like two hundred and forty five bracelet events versus seventy nine, basically three x thing when George Danzer won three. So you know, it's not just about the field sizes, it's also about the amount of volume Benny can put in between now and Christmas to try and win a third bracelet. Yeah, and the fourth and fifth.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, yeah, but here, I want the three or the four to happen here in the summer in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: You want the Jeff lissand or the field iv ted, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like I don't. I don't want it to extend elsewhere, you know, I just wanted to be this series, and I still think he has a great chance to do it. There are so many bracelet events left and ones that are going to be great for him to be able to get in there in Battle. I mean, it won't be easy. There's a lot of tough competition some of the events that he plays, Yes, but Benny is an absolute elite player, So you know, I look forward to to watching his quests for the rest of this summer. We have, we have so much time to go, so it's going to be a fun sweat the whole way.
Speaker 2: Another thing that.
Speaker 1: You hit on with him in the interview is the Poker Hall of Fame and what getting in would mean to him. You know, let me ask you. I know, on the interview, you were playing the interviewee, you're asking the questions, you know, but here I'm asking for your opinion. Is Benny a Poker Hall of Famer? Obviously when he's old enough, you know, when he's old enough, you know, should he get in?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Here we all to join twenty twenty nine, so a few more years, I would say he's probably a favorite to at least been one more bracelet between now and twenty twenty two. Nine one, that's it. I'm saying, no one a year. Okay, come on, it's gonna win one more this year, bro right, right, So he's gonna he's gonna have seventeen bracelets in twenty if he can win one more, he goes to you know, he goes to eight, he joins, you know, the Grano. Maybe see if he's got another one. Wait, when does he turn June seven, twenty twenty nine, also in the middle of the summer series. Yeah. So, the way some of the Hall of Fame things work, it's basically when it's announced the cutoff, and normally it's announced early June around now, so he just falls in twenty twenty nine, depending when they announced. Let's give him one bracelet, let's give him eight bracelets. I'll say he's at He's at eleven bracelet. That's a lot of bracelets. Sure, fine, eleven. Then even without eleven, I think he's is Benny freaking Glazo. Come on, man, Obviously the issue is how many people get in. I think he is part of his eligibility class, the number one pick to get in. Looking at the names that I have that could get in into here we go again with this nonsense. Let me read some names. I can't wait. I cannot wait to hear the names Stephen Chidwick, Okay, Doug Polk, Pads, Patrick, Leonard Seth Davis, Dan Smith, Sergio, Aito, Daniel Divores.
Speaker 1: I mean, no one you named is getting in. And Ed Arbustad, where's a net overset? Has she picked up poker chips or cards in twelve years?
Speaker 2: Probably? But yeah, I get we saying. My point is that he is probably the number one pick on this list.
Speaker 1: Oh he's by fuck, it's not even close. You can combine careers of people on that list and it's still Benny. I mean, listen, everyone on that list is a great player and has their place in poker's history book. You know, I don't want to be smirched these players, but when you're throwing names at me like this, for the Hall of Fame is the top tier of the top tier, the most exclusive club is what Hall of Fames are just.
Speaker 2: Telling you who's eligible. I'm not saying I'm not I'm not riding my ballot shadow Dance Smith. I'm just telling you who's up for nomination. But you know, we have to look at who is not in. You know, if Jeremy Osmas isn't in by twenty twenty nine, maybe he has nine bracelets, you know, so he's got to catch up to Benny. Yeah, well, hopefully going to have eleven. Hopefully it does eleven. But yes, I do think Ben is a first ballot Hall of Famer, pending whatever changes they make to get people in. But yeah, he's building a resume to really establish himself as one of the best mixed game players in the world, one of the UK's best poker players in general, and you know every day he's going to be out there grinding away, trying to pick up titles and a mass millions of dollars in earnings. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Crazy stuff from Benny Glaser to start the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker.
Speaker 2: Most importantly, Yeah, I would like producer Rich to rewind a few episodes, maybe like eight. I'm pretty sure I said double bracelet winner by June fifteenth or June tenth or something, so Rich, if you can put you're way ahead of that. Play it here. It's June fifth. We extend that. I think the streak that will never ever end. Twenty six years in a row we've had a player win two bracelets in the calendar year, or one hundred and fourteen double bracelet winners in WSP history.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Ben, he's on the list. Moving on to the twenty five k Nolan at Hold Them Slash PLO, we got lou Garza coming back and heads up play. He was down four to one against Ben Lamb and he wins his second career Gold bracelet. More than one point three million dollars. His first gold bracelet came in twenty twenty three when he won the ten k PLO Championship event for right around the same amount one million, three hundred nine thousand, and that one. This one was one million, three hundred and two thousand. Came back against Ben Lamb in this one. We all know how good Ben Lamb is at poker, especially when it comes to the fore card. Very this one ended up finishing out in no limit hold them and he won with two aces. Lamb jammed with King ten of clubs. Garza wakes up with the aces, picks him off and that's that slight sweat on the Queen Jack jack flop, But Lou Garza held from there and took it down. On the way to the winner circle. He busted, of course, Ben Lamb. He busted Chang Jiang Yang and Brandon Mitchel. All that was on the final day. Five players returned and then Robert Cohen also was busted out on the final day when he was eliminated by Ben Lamb. This was a PGT qualifying event. It was also streamed on Poker Go, so if you guys missed the stream it was It was a quick one about two and a half two hours, forty five minutes something like that. So if you missed it, you want to go watch it, you can find the on demand replay on poker Go. But for you, sir, mister PGG commissioner, as was a PGT qualifying event. So what the heck do the results here do for the leaderboard. I'm assuming there's some shake ups because there was a lot of points of there's going.
Speaker 2: To work top to bottom relative of the leaderboard. Michael Munchak ninth place finisher, he moves into the top ten. He's in eighth place, eight hundred and seven points, six cashes this year. Alu Gaza up to fourteenth place with his seven hundred points. He's a regular in our PGTPLO series, so expect him to come back to the studio later in the year and look to qualify for around million dollar free roll. Ben Lamb has two casha this year already. This one this runner finished takes him up to seventeenth place, and you know third place finisher Chung Yang Yang, he's just inside the top forty. So yeah, obviously the biggest results there to kind of PGT regulars Lou and Ben in quite a good position to really make a run at it for the rest of the PGT season. Sounds good.
Speaker 1: So I got some breaking news' choice.
Speaker 2: We just lost Adam Friedman.
Speaker 1: He will not be winning it for a fourth time, but valiant effort by him finishing in seventh place. There are six players remaining. We've got Phil Sternheimer up on top, Ryan Hoenig in second, Dario Alioto in third, Dylan Smith fourth, Matthew Vanger, and fifth Brandon Cantu rounds it out in sixth. Five of those six players are on twenty five K fantasy team. So we are sweating well, I mean, we're just gonna get crushed in in this one. What are you gonna do? But looks like Sternheimer, your boy, could be in line to get this first brace.
Speaker 2: I need something pretty nice for phil Son home today. Oh yeah, what's that? So we came back? What's that? Came back with I think like sixteen players something. They redrew to two tables. Okay, they took the big table up here where the two K and elimit is on the feature, and they took tables see where the current dealer's choices Nick Nick GUGENTI was complaining about the heat. Didn't like it. All right, hold on, I know what you're gonna say, but let me finish myself.
Speaker 1: Finish your story, and then we're gonna get into this nonset.
Speaker 2: They hadn't started dealing and I sat up there and I was like, yeah, this is pretty well, Like do you why do we do we have to be up here? And the falls asked me. I was like, no, you guys can see wherever you want, so can we move back? Sure? At the same time, Phil was adjusting his seat. He had a nice fresh I don't know, little ice latte sitting on his table. Knocked it down, went splattering all over the stage.
Speaker 1: You know the other day his drink got knocked over by Mickey duek drinks. He put him on the floor next to his does he got up and kicked one over and then and then and then blamed it on like a photographer.
Speaker 2: So they moved back and I said, you know, we didn't have much with the cars are in the air on the stream, we were pretty relaxed, said philty woman, to go get you another one at that, Really, that'd be awesome. I was like, yeah, whatever, it's a two minute drive to the next stop box. Don't really take much out of my day. He's okay, you guys, can I order? Can I order you something? I was like, actually, just have a guy, I just go on. I need one, but I'll get more if you want to guess one for for Nick. He wanted a trend of cold brew. It's kind of your type of drink. Nick who I picked up Nick Giante, the guy who you're going to have a follow up. So when I got there, coffee brought it back a couple of minutes later. One that's when I called you and you were working out because I used.
Speaker 1: To got me coffee. We put in the fridge, like we're good. You look come on.
Speaker 2: For me. You were coming here for three hours, so I'm not gonna you could have handled yourself anyway. Got here a drink unbelievable, and I think I think that drink is going to power him to this bracelet. I think I should he should give me his bracelet when he wins, because it's the the ice coffee I went, or the ice latte went and got for him. At one o'clock today.
Speaker 1: So you and I undered over to Paris. Yes, today and we're checking out the twenty five K six Max. We're checking out the fifteen hundred dollars Badugie, both of which we'll talk about in a few minutes. But we stumble upon a table that has both David Baker's Odib and bakes. Right, he was sitting at that table. Nick Wa genty was also, he was at that table at that time. Now Odib immediately puts his hoodie like over his head. You know, he's just getting to the table. Nick Wa genty honestly looks like he's back in Ohio. He's got a like two hoodies on. I think one pulled way over his head. So he's he's complaining over there that he's too cold. He's complaining over here that he's too hot. You just can't please this guy. Now are There are a handful of tables around the Horseshoe and around Paris where there is event like pretty much directly above them. If you guys watched Daniel Legrandu's vlog, his recent vlaw, he's on one of those tables. It's actually it's on the other side of the room. He was in the dealersh cho and he had his he had his hoodie pulled over. He was holding his holding it tight in the front. He's like, this draft, this draft. Look look at the little stanchion rope. Look at it is blowing in the wind. So there are a few. I love those tables personally. I like when it's freezing cold in here, you know, I want I want Amazon room temperatures that were at the Rio. You know you gotta wear a sweatshirt for sure. I like when it's cold. I would rather be cold than hot. That that's just me. So anyway, you should tell the.
Speaker 2: Other side, sorry, from that, what you should tell the athamar side story.
Speaker 1: No, we're not gonna tell the sides. We're not. We're gonna skip that one. So the ten k deal shows down to six again. We'll we'll wrap that one up on what Friday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, Look, we got four more hours of play today. I don't he just lost Brandon Cantu. I still don't think it's going to get there. I bay you the bag three players. I've come back tomorrow one o'clock. Finished that off. Hopefully it's Phil Sternheim and winning. He's w s O. P. Brasle.
Speaker 1: Okay, well there is three fifty four K for the winner. Sternheimer, I think, I think among anyone who doesn't have a bracelet, he is up there in terms of like he wants one so bad, right, you know, and especially in this game, this format, you know, dealer's choice. He's a huge, huge mixed game guy. He absolutely loves it. He worked closely with you on the Super High roller Bowl mixed game tournament, like you know, that was his baby. So if he's able to go on and win this, you know, I think that that would just be absolutely freaking incredible. We got the two K playing down as well. Where's that one at? Well, that one's on the main stage first. Yeah, and we got Humesh Babu Sukumar I probably put that last name leading the way. With five players remain Scott Bowman in second, Dusty Smith in third, Benjamin Williams and fourth, and then Kwan Jao is in fifth place. These guys are guaranteed guys Angal guaranteed one hundred and thirteen thousand dollars four hundred and thirty six thousand dollars up top for the winner. They're huge, huge field in this two K possibility. On another one we had we had a third place finished yesterday, and we had a shot here to get another one in an open event. Of course, sixteen and ninety two entries in this tournament. Not sure if they're going to finish tonight. They're down there. It's ten forty five pm, so we'll see. Might be one of those bag with three players type of ordeals that happens, and then you know, if it doesn't finish, you know, either way, we'll just have to wrap it up on the next episode. But I guess maybe there's a chance something crazy happens and we get a little breaking news here on the show right now, the fifteen hundred dollars shootout. Now, so this is on to the final day, correct, So how is this working? Because we're playing to stream this on Friday.
Speaker 2: Right, correct? So how is this? It's just a normal tournament now, just a fifteen play tournament. I thought they might be like two teams. Yeah, no, they didn't do that last year, so this year it's makes sense. Okay, fifteen play a tournament. They'll play down obviously to firstly one table and then modified shootout modified shootout, correct, And yeah, we'll probably pick them up seven or eight handed about four o'clock local time stream, probably targeting that five PM that normal window for us. That is the current plan with this one. You know, they'll be pretty deep to start obviously, and entries were in this tournament a lot. I feel like twelve ninety nine. But isn't that is that round tables were nine handed someone eight handed because of the double Yeah, but I feel that double flight.
Speaker 1: I want to say, didn't this used to get a thousand players with a single flight, so now you have two flights and only gets twelve ninety ninety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the issue with the single flight is that once some you know, you kind of anyone playing at the next like the the evening flight allows people that playing another event on a date to Boston then getting to it well before they couldn't. So yeah, the individual flights are slightly small, law, but combined field size end up being bigger. Does that make sense? Yeah, yeah, I guess so. I think this fore that's way better than I like.
Speaker 1: I like the format for sure. I would almost say I think we discussed we could gram three flights.
Speaker 2: We can do you know, you do four flights?
Speaker 1: You could make this gouts go down to it. All notables not puncery. Michael Rosito all punched their tickets through to the final day. Duff Sharette is also going on through Cred Golbert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that the same? Do we think that's the same.
Speaker 1: I think I would assume, so you have to so right, So, yeah, they're all through to the final round. As to mention, they're going to come back, they're going to play a real tournament now and they're going to try and get down to a winner. Two hundred and sixty seven thousand dollars up top in that and we will be streaming on poker Go and the poker Go YouTube channel, so be sure to check that one out tomorrow. The plan is for the stream to air.
Speaker 2: When tenably five pm Pacific. Got it all right? Cool?
Speaker 1: Before we move on, let me talk to you about a little sponsor here. This episode of the Poker Gril podcast is brought to you by True Classic the only shirts we trust. I'm wearing one right now.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing one. It's under my jacket.
Speaker 1: But I am the only shirts that we trust to look sharp and feel even better whether you're grinding on the felt or heading out for the night or doing the Poker Girl podcast. Of course, True Classics fit is next level, affordable, comfortable and built for real guys. Go to True Classic Teas dot Com and upgrade your wardrobe today. They have much more than just teas. Okay, they have bottoms, they got tops, they got active where, they got hats. I mean they got everything as well, I think now, and they have everything everything you know a guy would want, and very very affordable, you know, to get good, high quality fitting clothes. I know Jeff Platt whenever he talks about this on one of the broadcasts, He's always like, I love True Classic. I'm wearing a tea right now, so I love them. Jeff Platt loves them. Everyone that I've seen get the absolutely loves them. So check them out today True Classic Tas dot Com. The other events that are happening around the WSOP, we got the Colossus plane Day one B three three hundred and nine entries on this second starting flight, second of four starting flights. Now, I did see a little discrepancy on Day one A. I saw on Poker News that they had in the recap that it was like there was three thousand, three hundred and seventy nine on Day one A. But then I saw on the app that it was two thy seven hundred and seventy three. And immediately I thought, because I was looking at Poker News, and I said, well, that's weird that one B is less than one A. That can't be right, Yeah, And then I looked in the app and it gave me a different number. So I don't know which number is correct for one A yet I would assume it's two seven seventy.
Speaker 2: Three one because it's the app too.
Speaker 1: Because it's smaller than one B, I thought we would get a little bit of a bigger jump for one B up to like four K, right, going only two seven seven three up to three three oh nine, I thought it would be a little bit more right, you know, hit thirty eight hundred four k something like that. I still think Friday and Saturday are going to be absolutely you know, wall to wall jam packed in this place. But you know, still so that's still to come. We won't touch too much on that. You know, it doesn't really get serious till day two. In the Colosses. And remember that the Colosses this year five hundred dollars buy in as opposed to the four hundred dollars buy in. So the other thing shout out to our buddy Matt Clark, who pointed out today and we're not fact checking this, so we're just going to roll with it. But it's the tenth anniversary of the Colossus Tournament, which is which is the OG that's.
Speaker 2: The OG Motion Show Tournament. Chaotic Kill.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's awesome, right, but remember when this first happened and it was like, what is this thing? And I just remember I remember the pavilion room at Rio just being slammed, absolutely the lamped So, you know, shout out to the Colossus because it's one it's one of my favorite tournaments every single summer. I am bummed that I can't play it this year. And yeah, I always am like, where's the classes? I want to play it? Gladiators. I'm just like, okay, I can't. I can't with the Gladiators. I just I've tried. I'm ultrue. I mean, it's just I mean, maybe it'll be different this year because you know, we haven't heard anything about ten handed play, but every time in the Gladiators you're playing ten handed. And the worst part about when you play ten handed in that tournament in the past, even when they're breaking tables, you're still playing ten handed. It's like, why can't you just break tables and make it nine handed? Like why can't we just do this? You know, but they keep you ten handed the whole way, and it's just it's out of control. Moving on fifteen hundred dollars PL eight, Calvin Anderson is cruising over there. We did get a cash out of Nico Milgram for our five K fantasy team, but he is since out. I think he busted in fifty second place something like that. Around there somewhere they are down to nineteen players from eleven hundred and seventy six two hundred and forty eight thousand dollars up top. I mentioned Calvin Anderson having the lead, Chris Vich is second in chips. Justin Liberto is doing well. Bryce Jockey is also doing well. So a nice field over there. Andres Korn he was on our twenty five K team last year, andres Man like, what the heck, what the heck, what the heck. Marco Johnson also in there as well, so we'll keep our eyes on that as it plays out to a winner. And then the twenty five K six Max Nolan mad hold them high Roller, the good old Big Daddy I love this tournament. I was walking the field today over there at Paris. It seemed incredibly tough. Now, of course it should be tough, it's a twenty five K six max. But I just felt like in the past there were some soft spots, you know, this one, I just I don't know, I don't feel like there were any. So, I mean there was a few, of course, but still I thought like this was I was like, this is this tournament is ungodly hard. So you know, we'll see how things go. Of course, but they wrapped up day one a early. You talked to Chino while we were out there, and she knows, like Sheino's asking you, like you're in charge of the tournament structures. He's like, what how come it says wrong playing eight levels today? Because this is what they do in these tournaments now. They play them eight levels so that they can have the registry. They have a short day one, then they have the registration carry through for the first level or two on day two.
Speaker 2: That's what they do in the high rollers.
Speaker 1: So Gino must be new here obviously because this has been a thing. It's not like this is new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't I don't love it. I would rather than play, you know, playing another level of two levels on day one means you know, for WSFA, another rebuy, another re entry, you know, allows some molar people to get in. Potentially, I would have. You'd obviously have to tweak the structure a little bit so you're not too shallow if you do the max light on day two. But yeah, it just seems silly to just you know, mid day at nine pm and be done. It's a bit of a short day, especially when most of the other events, you know, you hit at two am.
Speaker 1: What the levels are an hour the Yeah, I think that. Yeah, so it's not like you're playing until like twelve twelve midnight. You know, you're playing until like ten, ten thirty something like that. So it's not that bad. Michael got a three time WSOP Gold Brace. The winner finished at the top of the counts to finish day one seventy two players and bagged up for day two. Aramaganion second in chips, Nick Schulman third in chips, Jared Blessnik fifth and chips, Seth Davies Team DBMD is in sixth and chips, and we also have mister short Stack himself seventy second place on the leaderboard. Our one hundred and forty one dollars player bagging crumbs. What are the blinds for tomorrow, Jeremy Jeffrey Dausmans put sixty five k in the bag for you.
Speaker 2: It's five big bonds. I'm going with five big bonds a SI guy, so six twelve, six and a half bigs?
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh yeah, baby, let's go spin it up, baby. I mean, he can still if he hasn't used his reentry, he can use his reentry. It does have one re entry in this tournament. I was reading on Poker News and per they're reporting Daniel Legrandu Eric Sidel, which I believe they spelled Eric saidel wrong unless I spelled it wrong. But Dan Smith, Archer, Martirosi and Steven Chidwick and Adrian Matteos all busted and used their re entry.
Speaker 2: Next wait on any one re entry. That's what it said in the Poker News reporting.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, And it's feels like too much of a hassle to try and go to the WSP website and look up the structure. So you know, it's just I can only do so much, right, I can only do so much. Producer rich Is like, you guys got a podcast early, I'm trying to rush through things.
Speaker 2: You're right, one re entry, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so yeah, if that's true, I mean, that's that's a pretty good list of names that's no longer going to be in this tournament, of course, chief among them d Naggs. So we'll have to hop into the next one, the fifteen hundred. Oh and also, this event had two hundred and seventy two entries last year, so already meeting last year's total on day one. They're gonna get it. They're gonna get over three hundred, for sure. They're gonna get all the people that didn't use their re entry. Maybe they busted late in the night, they're just like, I'm just gonna go home, not gonna play for another forty five minutes or whatever.
Speaker 2: I'll come back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get a bunch of people that are just buying in fresh tomorrow. Then you're gonna get people like I mean, hope, I mean not hopefully, but Jeremy Osmas, let's say he busts, he didn't use his re entry. He's like, all right, I'm gonna fire it right back in. So yeah, they're gonna soar up over three hundred, so massive, massive turnout there. Shout out to the word massive. You always love that bit, don't you. It's good to most overused word in poker, so I'm gonna overuse it. Fifteen hundred dollars bud Doogie turned out to be the largest the Doogie tournament in the history of poker.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it? It's been like for tournament. That's not the greatest thing, got it?
Speaker 1: You gotta set the records, baby, five hundred and thirty four and there were four hundred and eighty seven last year. So that's a nice little uptex for the badugie crowd, for the mixed game crowd. Top eighty one are going to pay one hundred and thirty eight thousand dollars up top. Do you have anyone who's still in that tournament?
Speaker 2: George Wolf, Chip Lad, Niko Milgram top ten and Chips Oh, Nico Big Ones so he's doing well. Just the man, let's go Eerie d NDE guy, he's up in the top ten. Ramos. Yeah, a whole bunch of mixed game legends shock playing this one. So a good fun event. You know, we we were over there for a little while, checking it out, seeing all the faces in the event. So definitely what I want to play one day. Yeah, I don't know. I'm kind of over the mixed games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think, I think, I mean for now, that'll probably change in a year, who knows, But I don't know. I feel like the Nolan stuff is so much better, and I'm a sucker for the just the bigger prize pools. Yeah, I'm a sucker for the bigger prize pools. I'm succer for the the fact that I can go all in. I mean that sounds stupid, I know, but I can literally say I'm all in. Yeah, I know he can't always do it, so yeah, I don't know. I'm just a sucker for that sort of stuff. I like the I like to see all the flashing lights, you know, the big like up in this two K, four hundred and thirty six thousand dollars first place priorly that sort of stuff. So you know, I mean, maybe someday I'll swing back to the mixed game ways, but for now loving the no limits stuff for sure. I definitely want to start playing some more Plo and Polo eight. I mean you see some stuff in this PLO eight tournament that's like, what in the f are people do? I mean, you see stuff in these PLO tournaments that are like I don't see stuff in every tournament that makes That is very true, That is very true. But you know, I mean, yeah, it's funny the I feel like in the polo tournaments, both PLO and PLO eight, the really good players in those fields, they just have such a control over things, like way more so than nolamit hold them And it's it's funny because everyone thinks PLO is this crazy action game, you know, when it comes to PLO tournaments, I think it's a lot more controlled than people think, at least when it comes to like the best players. You know, they're not just like spazing and going outs. I mean, you can't play that if you want to, right, you can really really press your edges. But you know, I think that there's you know a lot of kind of delicate maneuvering that people wouldn't expect when they see oh, fifte do PLO Like, you know, do they have a fifteen dollar PLO six max?
Speaker 2: Do they have that? They should? I may have had it before I don't know. If they have it, that.
Speaker 1: Would be that would be a ridiculous tournament. So yeah, I don't think. I don't think we got anything else. Unless you got anything else, got a new hat, you did get a new hat. ESPN Poker Club, I don't. I don't know what the ESPN Poker Club is. ESPN Poker Club, did you did you hit up Andrew Feldman.
Speaker 2: Then there's a new ESPN Pop Club November twenty three.
Speaker 1: Twenty ten, and it's powered by PokerStars dot net. At least it was with more games, more players, and more awesome prizes. And then there's a there's the next post on my searches from Reddit. Yeah, what happened to ESPN Poker Club?
Speaker 2: I listed all the hats on eBay and that was the end of it. I guess, I mean, I guess. So I'm going to read this.
Speaker 1: It says one of my close friends and I played poker all the time at his house. This is from three years ago. Okay, he has this set from the ESPN Poker Club that looks really nice and I was thinking about buying my own. Everywhere I look, it's like it never existed. There's almost no trace of this set. So what exactly happened to the ESPN Poker Club And why can't I find this set interesting?
Speaker 2: Uh? I don't know. I thought it was a pretty cool hat. You know, we we bought like a poker stuff and I just wanted an ESPN Poker Club hat added to the collection were today? Yeah, no, of.
Speaker 1: Course I do find this interesting. So I'm on and now I'm on eBay. This is the part of the podcast that Rich probably hates.
Speaker 2: He just do that. He should mimic your screen. He should go on eBay and do the same same.
Speaker 1: There's cards, SPM poper Club, there's chipset ESPM Poker Club, there's a tough one. Look at a hat that's yours. Yeah, that's that's a pair of hats. I get two hats for the price of one. Wow, you got one hat, you got ripped off and you didn't even buy one. You didn't give me a coffee today from Phil Sternheim, and you didn't buy me a hat. This is absolutely freaking outrageous with this one. Look at this one. The ESPN Poker Club. They got a shuffler on here.
Speaker 2: I mean, just crazy. That's a cool stuff from the old and the two thousands.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is gonna be us and like thirty years when we list.
Speaker 2: Our sailing crafts so we can get food from Alvason's this.
Speaker 1: Time, I mean yeah, I mean Albertson's probably won't be around, but sure, why would that Why wouldn't a things come and go?
Speaker 2: You never know, okay, by the biggest grocery store, and.
Speaker 1: I mean there's pretty big. Yeah, I mean they're obviously big, but I mean you never know. By then we're gonna have you know, AI robots making us fake meat and it's gonna be dropped off by drones in our front yard.
Speaker 2: Like so a lot of what you just said we already have.
Speaker 1: It's going to like all be like put together. Are you just gonna be able to press a button on your kitchen counter?
Speaker 2: And like it just wouldn't be more like and like we just get like a needle that just ejects us with maybe they don't even have to eat anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it also in thirty years, like we we might not be here because the robots just have killed us all.
Speaker 2: So have you seen I am legend they have a code to live by. They can't they can't hurt us. Yeah yeah, yeah no.
Speaker 1: They always in any in any crazy robot movie, the robots always go crazy. Okay, so it doesn't matter, you know. So all right, we're gonna get out of here for tim Do. My name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys next.
Speaker 2: Night. Change Express