Speaker 1: This is a Fatal 4 podcast.
Speaker 2: Episode 57, Ultimo Dragon Ball. When you're getting your new Burger King Power Up meal, don't forget to listen to episode 57 of Ultimo Dragon Ball. But please avoid number 15, Burger King Foot Lettuce. Welcome.
Speaker 1: God damn it.
Speaker 2: How did I not see that coming? I thought you'd pick up when I asked what episode we were on.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 2: Continue. Welcome, everyone, to Ultimate Dragon Ball, the most illustrious Dragon Ball podcast in all the land where we talk about Dragon Ball Z Kai and anything Dragon Ball related, because we got some other Dragon Ball stuff to talk about this week. My name is Will. Join me as usual. My co-host, Kaz Wheeler.
Speaker 1: Hi, Will.
Speaker 2: Hi, Kaz. We're going to talk about some Dragon Ball Z pie.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I couldn't think of a word that would rhyme with.
Speaker 1: Food-related. See, now I'm kind of disappointed there wasn't a pie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What would be in the Dragon Ball pie?
Speaker 2: Pumas Cuchi. Anyways.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. the worst part is I thought that was a possibility but I was like no I'm gonna take the chance maybe he won't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't just say poontang pie yep you know who you're talking to yeah that's on me well if you want to listen to us talk about more stuff like that feel free to share this podcast like subscribe Extract that five-star Dragon Ball review. It goes a long way to helping build up our podcast to reach even more and more galaxies. But we're also not alone in our galaxy of podcasts. We're part of the Fatal Forward Network. We talk about a whole bunch of nonsense on those podcasts. Talk about Japanese wrestling, American wrestling, movies, television, music, you name it. We also have a Patreon, patreon.com slash Fatal Forward Podcast. Find a whole bunch of fun stuff over there. You got ad-free versions of this in our previous library. We have the Discord. Discord talk about a whole bunch of nonsense and fun stuff during the week. And we also have our exclusive series, Mystery Scene Theater, where this month we watched Fusion Reborn. Yeah, that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: But other than that, thank you so much for tuning in. And as usual, Kaz, how you doing? I'm doing well. Well, uh, you know, here's the better question. How's your stomach doing?
Speaker 1: It's doing fine. Uh, yeah, we, uh, we partook in the, uh, Dragon Ball power pack from Burger King this week.
Speaker 2: Yes. So dragon, uh, you didn't know, uh, or whenever you listen to this, uh, Burger King released a Dragon Ball meal. Uh, they specifically for adults cause they know who the market's for. Uh, It comes with a 10-piece nugget, their new nugget, a Saiyan sauce, a boba tea. Was it mango lemonade flavored? Yes. And then a toy. And there's six toys. Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Beerus, Super Saiyan Blue Goku, and Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta. Which words don't mean anything to you yet. which I would have fascinated if he got one of those. Um, and he sticks out like a sore thumb right now.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is where the hair color changes again, but you know, I, I just assume it's another upping the stakes kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So let's put it this way. We're not done. Yeah. Okay. Um, So did you get the meal by itself or did you get anything else with it just in case it sucked ass?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got like a little kidness burger with it just in case it sucked.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah. It's got a Robert Jr. just to compensate. So I don't like the new nuggets. The new nuggets are not good.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like I can tell the difference, honestly.
Speaker 2: Really? Okay, so like they advertise this new like batter or whatever and they use like– whole chicken or whatever, which scares me with the used prior.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because the nuggets were shaped like crowns or whatever, and they always tasted rubbery to me when I was a kid. They were always my least favorite nuggets. No, I think Wendy's spicy nuggets were always my favorite growing up.
Speaker 3: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 2: They had that good middle ground between both nuggets.
Speaker 3: Um.
Speaker 2: but these are just like the breading is like so thin, but it also feels so hollow. It doesn't feel like it's attached to the chicken itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the chicken itself feels like a weird, like it tastes like the McRib in a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I don't care for the McRib. So yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. I used to, I was a freak. I used to be a fan, but no, it's, and then the sauce, the same sauce is like this, Sweet, tangy teriyaki, which I love teriyaki sauce. This was not for me.
Speaker 1: See, I also love a teriyaki. I thought it was– I think it's not like the best teriyaki I've ever had or anything, but it was fine.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was much more upset with the drink that I did not realize was a boba.
Speaker 2: Which I'll let you know ahead of time. I took one sip and then I dumped it. Yeah, I also did because– And then I just used the fountain drink. See, I got mine to go, so I took it home. Oh, well, that's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've never had a boba, did not care for it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I used to... Here's some more. I used to work at a boba shop for two months. I worked at a sugar tea, if those are a chain that exists out by you.
Speaker 1: I don't recognize the name.
Speaker 2: But yeah. There's chains all over that place, but regardless, they're famous for having this version of boba tea with hot sugar, whatever bullshit. Cooking boba is the most bullshit thing I've ever had to do in my life. Oh my god, it smelled so strong.
Speaker 1: I didn't know they were cooked.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. We cook them and then we refrigerate them.
Speaker 1: Interesting. What are they made of?
Speaker 2: I don't actually, I don't know. Tapioca.
Speaker 1: Ah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Um, yeah, I worked there for like two months. It was like a side hustle. Just make some extra money. My favorite, my favorite thing working there was one time I said my soup was working with me. She's like, Hey, well, you ever have a song that makes you cry? Like, yeah. And then she put it on like, what the fuck is happening?
Speaker 1: She just wanted to elicit an emotion out of you.
Speaker 2: I guess so. I mean, I was very animated there. I was probably the most. I was also the oldest person. That's why they let me go. Like, listen, like, we appreciate your work, but it's like, you're old. I guess because everyone else there was... Everyone else there was, like, in high school. Everyone else there was in high school, so it's like I was the oldest.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, because you are very rarely the oldest doing something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm like, oh, fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm not a big Boba guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're more of a Django?
Speaker 1: No, I'm more of a Dengar guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, you like the toilet paper freak? What? Who wears toilet paper on his head?
Speaker 1: It's not toilet paper. It's just a wrap.
Speaker 2: No, it's toilet paper.
Speaker 1: He's had some injuries.
Speaker 2: Why would you pick Dengar? There's so many cooler bounty hunters in Dengar. Who are you going to go with? Forlom? You could have gone IG-88. You could have gone Bosk. Zuckus.
Speaker 1: I'm going with Zuckus.
Speaker 2: Zuckus is part bug, part robot. That's cool as fuck.
Speaker 1: So he's basically Cell.
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: I think I'm sold.
Speaker 2: She's Zuckus on my Cell. Okay, anyways. He's so you you got the beerus toy i got yes goku.
Speaker 1: Yes i can get.
Speaker 2: Yes which you have no context of who that is nope which ironically they dropped the trailer today which i mentioned before we started recording of the new beer show or reanimating of the beerus saga i guess you want to call it so is that like the first arc for super i'm assuming so that it would be it was considered the the realm of god's movie.
Speaker 1: Okay so they're redoing the movie as part of the show.
Speaker 2: Well so that's what they did originally for the show because originally they had the movie and then they had the show which redid the movie now they're redoing it again Wait.
Speaker 1: So there's going to be a third version of it now?
Speaker 2: This is the third re-release of the fucking... What?
Speaker 1: That's confusing. I know. So, I mean, we're... Well, we're a ways away from it, but how the fuck are we going to do that?
Speaker 2: Like I said, we'll figure it out when we get there, because it comes out in October, apparently, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out when we get there. We still got Diamond to go through. We also still have Dragon Ball Z Kai to finish, which... If we keep on schedule for right now, six more episodes, which is crazy to think about.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How far we've come. Goo. We haven't even hit the year yet, too, right? Which is the crazy thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did. Yeah, we did the one-year anniversary show, remember?
Speaker 2: Oh, fuck, you're right. I'm stupid. You're right. I'm not arguing that. No, don't.
Speaker 1: We watched a whole.
Speaker 2: We did. We watched three other animes. You're right. Yes.
Speaker 1: And only one of them was good.
Speaker 2: Well, like I said earlier today in our text, we might give One Piece another shot. Because I don't think I gave it a fair shike.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Well, we got so much other bullshit to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But until then, we got to finish this show. Are you ready to talk about this week's trio of episodes?
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 1: I was born ready.
Speaker 2: Anyways, so we got... Uh-oh.
Speaker 3: What? Uh-oh.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: No, we're good. It was the wiki page crashed. I'm good. I'm good. We're good.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Sorry for the scare. So we are on episode... 147, 148, 149. We're going to start with 147. On a roll. Boo Boo Volleyball. So when you read that title, you got all confused. I was like, what? What do we mean?
Speaker 1: Are we going to take a break from fighting to challenge Boo to a sport?
Speaker 2: It would be very anime.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, it wouldn't have shocked me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, Gotenks is laying in a bunch of shots. Doesn't do shit on Boo. He's just no-selling all of it. I wrote that. You think any of these attacks would do something on Boo? Clearly not. But Boo is getting his shots in, no problem.
Speaker 1: And all the while, Piccolo....
Speaker 2: Is distressed.
Speaker 1: Yes, his only issue is the lookout is being destroyed.
Speaker 2: Well, it is his house. I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. But this entire time I was like, buddy, there's other stuff going on. We got to get over this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Can he wish back his house?
Speaker 1: I assume you can just be like, hey, put everything back the way it was. You got to look out back. Is this a question that I had? Because we didn't see him again, so I have to assume they're dead. But we don't see Yajiro be in Korin at all after this.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen them in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't seen them since, I guess, they went back up to the lookout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. It could be in hiding, like Dende was later.
Speaker 1: Spoilers.
Speaker 2: We're talking about these episodes, it's fine. What's it called? Yeah, we go back to. The Light of the Kais. And Gohan gets distracted at some point. And Hitler Kai. I keep calling him Hitler Kai. His name is Elder Kai, but I'm being an asshole. Hitler Kai's like, Oh, you gotta pay attention! I'm adding on five more hours! And he's just giggling the whole time.
Speaker 1: It's very funny because Goku and Supreme Kai and Kibito are just having fun watching what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Gohan's like, I guess I have to pay attention to this shit because otherwise this was a waste of time.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll get to that in the next episode.
Speaker 1: Gotenks does a couple attacks that actually work for once.
Speaker 2: For a minute, yeah.
Speaker 1: Brain Crash Hammer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Listen, I love the calling out the names.
Speaker 2: How many of these move names do you think were stolen by indie wrestlers?
Speaker 1: Oh, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Like, if you told me Sammy Guevara's whole moveset was just these moves.
Speaker 1: I would like to look that up at some point just to find out. Just, like, type in a random one into YouTube and see.
Speaker 2: Because I used to definitely do that in EWR. Yeah. Like, if I had a team like Ricochet and Keith Lee together, I needed a tag finish. I'm like, oh, yeah, this move.
Speaker 1: Somebody absolutely has a move called Final Flash. That absolutely has.
Speaker 2: I think it's Keith Lee.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: He had the Big Bang Catastrophe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the Big Bang Attack. Yeah, and the Spirit Bomb.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I made enough Keith Lee jokes in Season 1. We should know that.
Speaker 2: Possibly, I don't know. Yeah, so at one point, Boo gets a hold of Goteng's And he shoots his ass all the way back up to the lookout. Yep. And, like, just launches him through the lookout. And he goes, like, hey, how you doing?
Speaker 1: And Piccolo's like, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: And then Boo does a sonic attack. Like, he rolls himself in a ball. I wrote a shout out, JJ.
Speaker 1: I like that. I said he was going super monkey Boo.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay. Yeah, those are fun games.
Speaker 1: I only ever played the first one, and I think I liked it. I think I liked it, but I never went back to it.
Speaker 2: You would like them. They're very frustrating, but they're fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like the mini games. There's, like, bowling and, like, pool, and they're fun stuff.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that, yeah. Are those available on Xbox?
Speaker 2: There's a new one.
Speaker 1: There's a more recent one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kiryu from Yakuza's in it.
Speaker 1: See, I never played the Yakuza games.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: There's like seven of them, and they're all long as shit, aren't they? There's more than seven, but yeah. Of course there's more than seven. That's one of those series where I kind of want to get into it, but also I have no idea where to start.
Speaker 2: That's the fun of it. You just got to jump in.
Speaker 1: Because the New Japan guys are in one, aren't they?
Speaker 2: They're in the later ones.
Speaker 1: Okay. I might sometime. But yeah, so Boo's just ramming into shit.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And it's honestly kind of fun.
Speaker 2: And then Pickle's like, all right, I got one more move. He always has one more move.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And then Pickle's like, why didn't you do it? He's like, I got to do the theatrics.
Speaker 1: He's like, can't you do your move without doing that ridiculous pose? And Gauteng says, sure, but why would I want to?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: He's a real worker. For real. And then he whips out Screaming Banshee Attack.
Speaker 2: Which turns him into, like, a big ball. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then, as the title says, it's time for some high-impact ultra boo-boo volleyball.
Speaker 2: Right. And Gotenks is like, I need.
Speaker 1: This is hilarious.
Speaker 2: I need an assist, Piccolo. He's like, I guess, all right.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm going to serve it to you and you're going to hit it back. But you got to say woo-hoo. Like, I'm not saying woo-hoo. He's like, come on. We only got so much time. So he then serves it to Pickle. Pickle hits it. He goes, woo-hoo. And then Gotenks spikes the ball back down to earth.
Speaker 1: Spikes the shit out of him.
Speaker 2: Uh, and Piccolo's like, woohoo, last time I asked a child to save the Earth.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Certainly Piccolo is the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a great caretaker.
Speaker 1: Mm-hmm. He's just so mad that he has to do this stupid shit.
Speaker 3: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 2: Um, so then they go down to check in on the damage. They put a big-ass crater into the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 2: And. I think this is when Gotenks started throwing blasts at him and people were like, stop or you'll blow up the earth. And he's like, dude, if you blow up the earth, then we can't get the Dragon Ball, stupid.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not wrong.
Speaker 2: Then Boo. finally pops out of his little ball. Then he has a big gaping mouth laser beam. Oh, does he grab him through the laser beam, or is it just the laser beam by itself? I think it's just the beam by itself. Yeah, it's just the beam by itself. The earlier one was when he shot him back at the Yeah. What's it called? Yeah, he says, bye-bye. But this one, he just shoots a big laser from his mouth. And then Goten is like, I could do that, too. And also unhinges his jaw and shoots a big-ass laser from his mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that Saiyans were part snake.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you figure, like, the Great Ape can shoot lasers from its mouth. Nappa was able to shoot lasers from his mouth. Which we should mention before I forget about it. I did start playing Kakarot this last week.
Speaker 1: Uh, and guess what?
Speaker 2: I got to see the great ape.
Speaker 1: I got to see a great ape. I got to fight it.
Speaker 2: How'd that make you feel?
Speaker 1: I was so happy. I didn't realize that was going to happen. And then when it happened, I was like, Oh, this is, this is magic. I hope we can see some apes again someday.
Speaker 2: Maybe we will. Who's to say?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Uh, so yeah, go tanks. Uh, uh, Yeah, he does a little bit. He has booed out for the count, basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 2: And then Pickle's like, all right, finish his ass off. He's like, all right, I got one more move. He's like, I'm going to blow it. It looks like he's going to do the Kamehameha, basically. And then he pops out of his transformation. He's back to base form.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And they're fucked. A little bit. A little bit. And that's where we leave off on that cliffhanger.
Speaker 3: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 1: Yep. This was just all fight. Yeah. This was one of those episodes where it's just, hey, all the shit looks really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're having fun.
Speaker 2: This is where you build the movesets for the video games. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess at some point, yeah. Because the Kakarot game goes all the way through the end of what we're doing, right?
Speaker 2: Through the end of the scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get to do a bunch of crazy bullshit attacks.
Speaker 2: Possibly.
Speaker 1: That's fun. Yeah, no. I enjoy... Like I've said before, I like the way this is paced because, like I've said, I think if this were the regular one, you'd have so much between all of this stuff that it would just get to a slog. But having an episode where it's some lore dump and then an episode where it's all.
Speaker 2: Violence.
Speaker 1: Violence and mouth beams and shit. It's just a nice... What's the word? It's a nice.
Speaker 2: Balance.
Speaker 1: Balance, yes.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess we'll see what else that mouth do right after this. And we are back. And we're here with episode 148. Thanks for waiting, everyone. A reborn Gohan heads for Earth. So Gohan is ready to jump back into the fight because everyone's fucked.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And then Hitler kind of says, oh, yeah, you've been done. And I was like, you son of a bitch. He's like, well, I had to make it look all theatrical and such. Like, oh, my God, he's a worker.
Speaker 1: Everyone here's a worker.
Speaker 2: No kidding.
Speaker 1: And then Gohan just powers up and I'm like hold on he hasn't even gone Super Saiyan yet and he's just bursting with energy and then Elder Kai calls Super Saiyan.
Speaker 2: Overrated yeah as Mr. Saiyan would say fancy parlor.
Speaker 1: Tricks yeah that's fascinating we find out Supreme Kai kind of wants to go too but then he's like he agrees that he would be a liability Which.
Speaker 2: Not wrong, yeah.
Speaker 1: Sit this one out. Last time you did this is why we're in this mess to begin with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Kimi does it and then brings him down. But before that, he has a heart-to-heart with his father where he's like, sorry, I was a shit dad.
Speaker 3: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 2: More or less. He's like, sorry, I couldn't watch you grow up.
Speaker 1: But then I'm like, um, you could've?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, I was a shit dad.
Speaker 1: You, uh, You had that option, and you chose not to.
Speaker 2: He's like, basically, once again, says, see you when you die.
Speaker 1: And Gohan's like, don't let that. But yeah, and then Elder Kai also wanted to thank you, but doesn't get it.
Speaker 2: We should give him your one.
Speaker 1: No. Yeah, eat shit, you old pervert.
Speaker 2: So they teleport onto Earth, which Gohan's like, hey, can you change my clothes? I'm like, do all these healers just have the ability to change clothes? Like, what is this thing?
Speaker 1: It sure seems like it. Like, why is that a latent ability?
Speaker 2: And he's like, can you make a look at my dad's gi? He's like, oh, yeah. It looks like the orange of this frog's feces or some bullshit. Yeah, but it's like there's some alien shit.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he's like, yeah, that's the right color.
Speaker 1: I'm upset I know that now, but that's the right color.
Speaker 2: He's like, thanks.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: So then Gohan goes to join the battle. We come back. Piccolo finally joins in. He's like, Piccolo, please stop sacrificing yourself for children. Or, I mean, listen, honestly, it's, I mean, it's what he does. He cares about kids. He is a great protector. Yeah. So the kid's like, all right, we have our last ditch effort.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're going to try and fluff.
Speaker 2: Right. So he's like, I'm going to go hype a boo. You're going to go get chocolate. And then we're going to bring it back and feed him. And by the time he's done, we can fuse again and beat his ass. But then they're like, wait a minute. All the chocolate stores are probably destroyed. And there's probably no chocolatiers we can go get to go make some chocolate. Which I'm like, they're talking about getting a chocolatier to come make chocolate for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, here's the deal. I feel like Boo would wait for the chocolate if he was getting tea chocolate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they have an existential crisis. They're like, listen, Piccolo, you're old as fuck, so it doesn't matter if you die, but we're young.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And it's like, goddamn, guys, that's not cool. You're not wrong, but it's not cool.
Speaker 2: As this is happening, Boo does his best will impression and starts falling asleep in the middle of the conversation.
Speaker 1: I also wrote that. I wrote, Boo fell asleep. It's like he was hosting an episode of Did You Love It Japan.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes.
Speaker 2: He started snoring.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh. But they do have another idea before this happens, and it's to apologize.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I mean, honestly?
Speaker 2: Hey, you never know. It worked for Mr. Satan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Uh, so yeah. And then, yeah, then he falls asleep and, uh, let's.
Speaker 2: Go fuck with him. And people are like, no, so stupid.
Speaker 1: They're so goddamn stupid. Um, maybe he's faking it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Um, sometimes when you're in the streets, you got to fake it.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Um, but then that doesn't last long. Cause the sudden surge of power comes through and everyone's like, Oh, what is that? Piccolo's like, I don't know. Is that a friend or a foe? At first he thinks it's Goku. Then he realizes it's Gohan. And Gohan's just ready.
Speaker 1: And rocks up. He looks cool as shit in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't know if he would or not, but he actually looks very cool in it.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he is ready to beat the shit out of Goku.
Speaker 1: Yes, he learns that everybody's dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he's like, well, fuck. If Dende's dead, we don't have any Dragon Balls and we're fucked.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Which I didn't consider that.
Speaker 2: But then Gohan somehow picks up that Dende's still alive. Which comes into play in the next episode. Yes.
Speaker 1: The Goku and the gang are watching back on... world of kai is an elder kai just starts shitting on supreme kai.
Speaker 2: He's like why can't y'all do your.
Speaker 1: Job 14 generations of kai to break the sword and it wasn't even you.
Speaker 2: But they're like well it's good because humans should protect the earth not us.
Speaker 1: And goku's like yeah we would take it for granted if it wasn't us i'm like no no no we wouldn't i welcome the aliens fixing shit let's go We obviously can't be trusted to do it. You fix it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And then we go back to the fight and Gohan says the dopest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Buu says, you're going to fight me? And Gohan says, fight you? No. I'm planning to kill you. I'm like, god damn. Goku's never said anything that cool in his life.
Speaker 2: No. So, should I show you this clip now or the next episode?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Do you know about what Gohan originally says here? This is not the original line? During this bit? Well, we'll talk about it during the break, and then we'll see if we would... Okay.
Speaker 1: Before we go to break, Goten proves that he is the best little brother ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because he's like, I don't want Gohan to fight alone, and he wants to try and fuse already, even though it's only been like five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then Gohan's like, bow! The power is just so strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like, Goten is so much better of a child than Gohan ever was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because, like, it is one thing, like, playing Kakarot, and you do have to deal with kid Gohan again, and he's just a whiny bitch. But, like, Goten is just about it from jump. It's very fun. But, yeah, so we're about to throw down.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah. Oh, it's actually the next episode to happen, so.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. So. Yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're probably going to go home back in the fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're setting up for the good shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we'll finally get to see that good shit right after this. and we are back and we're closing out this week's episodes with episode 149 Boo Overwhelmed Ultimate Gohan Superpower so this canonically is known as Ultimate Gohan by the.
Speaker 1: Way okay I it says it in the show description so I figured that.
Speaker 2: Yeah so we see Gohan a lot stronger like a whole hell of a lot stronger because he's beating the fuck out of Boo Like, no issue. Every hit's a landing. Everything's destroying him. He even gets a taunt off. I'm going to show you this video. This original Japanese dub. Can you see it on my screen? Yes. So, in the original, he probably says, he says, you idiot, right?
Speaker 3: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 2: Here's what the original dub says. Okay. Oh, no. Oh, no.
Speaker 4: Well, for those who are audio listeners, which is everybody, instead of calling him an idiot, he uses the R word.
Speaker 1: That's upsetting.
Speaker 2: Well, Gohan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. As far as I'm concerned, that is not canon. Hitler kind of got into his head too much.
Speaker 2: No kidding.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's been a meme for years. Just a screenshot of Gohan. It just says... That's.
Speaker 1: Upsetting and not shocking at all. Um, but yeah, Boo gets all freaked out because he's so- So yeah, in fact, after that happens, because, yeah, he powers up and then Boo's like, what the fuck is going on? And he basically insults Boo to his face and Piccolo says, why do you guys get so arrogant when you power up? And I'm like, buddy, if you're not used to it by now, like, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: We get a lot of awful, like, Sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I was like, they're just assholes when this happens.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, clearly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it turns out worse than I thought, actually.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah. We get a whole lot of awful close-ups of Boo's face. Like, some real, like, nightmarish shit. I'm like, wow, how is this a kid's show? Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Boo gets super pissed and tries to, like, jump behind Gohan, just eats a fucking elbow right to the face. A lot of these shots are pretty devastating. Especially the fucking when Gohan shoves the scream beam thing back into his fucking mouth. That's fucking rad as hell.
Speaker 2: Gohan has more or less a decisive win over Buu here.
Speaker 1: The only thing I can think of that was that level of like, Oh, that was the coolest thing. And that was, it popped in my head. The, uh, the shot where I guess, I think it's in the, I think it's in rises, not where I just came off. What's the first one. What's what's, uh, the first of this.
Speaker 2: Oh, um, is it right. The Skywalker, the force awakens force awakens.
Speaker 1: Yes. When Kylo Ren stops the blaster beat, the blast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. It just holds there. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm in everybody in the theater is like, you could fucking do that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it reminded me of that, kind of. And then, yeah, Gohan just starts dropping elbows on the motherfucker. I was like, goddamn, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, and Boo wants to kill Gohan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Boo's only answer is, I'm gonna nuke myself.
Speaker 1: Yup. And it's not like some small nuke like he's been doing.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: This was a giant fucking nuke.
Speaker 2: Yep and they have to so big it goes to commercial yes that is.
Speaker 1: That's one of the things like every so often that'll happen in this show and i'm like oh that's interesting like i i can't imagine watching this show on tv with commercials i feel like that would be irritating a little bit but i guess that's also me being uh That pays to have ad blocks and shit on. I don't.
Speaker 2: So we do come back. And Mr. Satan, we check in on our boy.
Speaker 1: Oh, poor dude.
Speaker 2: Him and B still struggling. He's very thirsty. But somehow they find the magic of beer.
Speaker 1: Here's his Homer Simpson moment.
Speaker 2: And he has his beer and B wants some. He's like, no, you can't have any of this beer. It's not good for you. It's very responsible. Very responsible. It is, but also, you know. I mean, it's probably so diluted. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like, you can give it a little taste.
Speaker 2: Um, and then he goes for a sip, and then the nuke reaches him.
Speaker 1: It just blows the bar and the glasses and everything to shit.
Speaker 2: Right. Uh, so, no beer for Mr.
Speaker 1: St.
Speaker 2: Norby, and they go on their way again. Uh, We had a nice little moment where Gohan and Pickle were reunited. And they catch up on what's going on. And they figure out Boo's basically retreated for the moment. So at this time, we're going to go try and figure out the Dragon Balls because they realized Dende's still alive.
Speaker 1: Which I was surprised by.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect that. I was like, oh, we just fought. And it turns out The reason is upsetting, but we'll get to that. Piccolo has the radar, which I forgot about.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So they still got a shot. They can go find the Dragon Balls.
Speaker 2: So they go find, looking for Dende. And on their way, they find Mr. Satan and B.
Speaker 1: This was for fun. I was very happy about this.
Speaker 2: Kaz.
Speaker 1: Mr.
Speaker 2: Satan has joined the Z Fighters. Oh, yeah. Mr. Satan... It's officially part of the family. I have been... I... What was the word I used before we started the podcast? I always forget this word. Oh, Will, I can't say the R word. Shut up.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 2: Not vilified. That's the wrong word. Vindicated. Vindicated. Yes, thank you very much. Vindicated once again in my my cheering of Mr. Satan to now he's part of the family. Yes, vindication for Will. This is like Jason Statham joining Dom Toretto.
Speaker 1: Oh, wow.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful. Yeah. First, he's scared as fuck because all of a sudden he's just....
Speaker 1: He's flying. He's like, I don't fly.
Speaker 2: You just see these demons grabbing you from the sky. Which I understood.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh, Gohan.
Speaker 2: Good to see you. He's like, hi, Mr. Satan. And then when they're talking, he accidentally drops... He accidentally drops him. And then Trunks catches him.
Speaker 1: I'm not completely convinced it was accidental. I'll be honest with you. But also, Piccolo is the one that says that it's the humane thing to do to get them. So it is Piccolo's idea in the first place.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah. Because he knows he's a good guy, and he knew that he went to stop Boo by himself. Yeah, so then.
Speaker 1: They have a whole conversation that, I'm going to be honest, I don't really understand.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here's the explanation. I can explain it to you. So remember, time moves differently in the chamber versus outside.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So when Boo went outside and did his deed... That was only a couple of seconds compared to when they were in the chamber for an hour, their time, trying to escape. So in their mind, they were in there for a long-ass time trying to escape. But in reality, it was only a couple of seconds, meaning then they couldn't have gotten far.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here's how I think I understand. Is it because instead of using the door, they used the wormhole?
Speaker 2: Well, either way, it's entering and exiting the other dimension that has its own time and space in it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So, like... Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Hold on. That's right. Because it's longer in there than out there.
Speaker 2: So that's why he thought they were out there for so long. In that hour or so, Boo was able to do so much damage and kill everyone.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes.
Speaker 2: When in reality, Boo only did that in 10 seconds.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And missed entirely Dende, which... We find out what's saved by Mr. Popo doing a deathmatch spot and throwing his ass off the lookout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they find Dinde.
Speaker 2: They also drop Mr. Sane again, yes. Which I just wrote, Mr. Sane's fucking dead.
Speaker 1: Very funny. Yeah, so then Dinde says, Mr. Popo saved the day. And I said, oh no. And then we see Popo throw Dundee off the lookout.
Speaker 2: Which is hilarious. Which is like when Baron Corwin threw Rey Mysterio off the headquarters. That's all I saw visually.
Speaker 1: That's very good. And then Piccolo says the worst thing that anyone said in this show.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 1: We're all in Mr. Popo's debt now. His quick thinking saved the world.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: It's just like, well, who's that little green guy? Can we trust him? He's like, yeah, that's the guardian of the earth. It's the guardian of the earth.
Speaker 1: It's very good. The fact that maybe the two most important people so far in this show. Mr.
Speaker 2: Popo and Mr.
Speaker 1: Satan. Mr.
Speaker 2: Satan and Mr.
Speaker 3: Popo.
Speaker 2: And then he finds out Videl's dead.
Speaker 1: Oh, and he's devastated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which rightfully so. And then he's like, Chugs is like, we can resurrect him. He's like, you can resurrect him. You can bring him back. You better not be messing around or I'm going to give you a timeout. You've never had a timeout like this before, boy. You're just shaking him.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Profusely.
Speaker 1: It's very good. I did not, and I've said it before, I did not expect the turnaround. that i've had on this you see.
Speaker 2: See i told you there's a reason why i stick to these stupid fucking characters yeah i.
Speaker 1: Get it um and then we go back to uh all the guys and the other guy says they need to find out what boo's plan is because he can't win but he can still cause a lot of problems i'm like we can't win because i still don't trust that.
Speaker 2: Well so remember i think we skipped this earlier that Boo isn't physically hurt much. Oh, that's mentally. That's right. Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Mentally, he's been weakened. Broken. Broken Majin Boo.
Speaker 2: Oh, God. That sounds awful.
Speaker 1: Or the best thing ever for like a summer.
Speaker 2: Oh, who's... Do we have Itchweed in this universe?
Speaker 1: Yes. Is that just the evil Grey Boo? I bet that fan art exists. Oh, it has to. The hearty compound characters. Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 3: Wee-oh!
Speaker 2: Anyways, speaking of.
Speaker 1: Boo's back and flying towards them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's only been an hour, and they're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I thought he was going to go plan something.
Speaker 2: He must have figured out something within that hour. Gohan's like, I'm going to go finish this. Y'all stay back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is interesting. I will probably have one or two boo-less episodes because he's planning something.
Speaker 2: But no, he's right back. So now our party is Gohan, Piccolo, Goten, Trunks, Dende... Mr. Satan and be the dog.
Speaker 1: What a group.
Speaker 2: All the stars are here. This is what happens when Goku's dead. This is when Hogan films Thunder in Paradise.
Speaker 1: Can I say something though?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a very entertaining group.
Speaker 2: It is. It's a fun group.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at it but also I think Goku's a dick.
Speaker 2: I do too. You know, I don't care. I'm fine. Like Hulk Hogan, you're fine with him being away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Listen, I'll take flair. Give me the horseman. Let's do this. Yeah, this is fun. We're having fun and we're in the shit now. Like I said it last week, but we're in it. We're rapidly approaching Mr. Satan saving the day fully. Unfortunately, I have a terrible feeling that that's going to be the case. Because why wouldn't it be?
Speaker 2: Well, have Mr. Satan done more for the Z fighters than Yamcha ever has by the end of the show?
Speaker 1: I think he already has, honestly.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: What has Yamcha done in this season at all?
Speaker 2: I was going to say, there was a video that was like, when's the last time Yamcha canonically beat someone in a fight?
Speaker 1: It was like original Dragon Ball. I was going to say, I've never seen it. Which is tremendous. Yamcha, the most useless sea fighter?
Speaker 2: Possibly.
Speaker 1: I mean, Yajirobe... Yajirobe's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like a.
Speaker 1: Part-time... Yajirobe literally kind of saved Earth.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Yamcha... needs to step it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He's going to get kicked off the roster.
Speaker 1: Like, Yajirobe sliced off a tail. Yamcha refused to fight during the Cell Saga at one point.
Speaker 2: Got blown up by a Saibaman.
Speaker 3: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 2: Got his ass kicked by the androids.
Speaker 1: Yes. Literally just sat in the stands this entire season. Right.
Speaker 2: He was the liaison for the girls.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Probably dead right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, now that I think about it, yes. That's interesting. Yeah, Yamcha's dead again. So wait.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 1: No, we talked about the being dead toys thing isn't a thing anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that doesn't matter. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which I kind of hate a little bit because now death doesn't necessarily have as much, as much stakes as it did.
Speaker 2: I suppose.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Which I don't love that. But also did you have somebody like Goku? Who's like, yeah, I'm fine being dead.
Speaker 2: I'm going to skirt our responsibility of being a father.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Again. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, but yeah.
Speaker 1: So, uh, I'm very curious where we go for this. Like you said, we only have six episodes left, so that's, what is that, 18 actual episodes?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're fast approaching where this has to come to a head. Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see what kind of head we get on our next episode.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: What kind of plan does Majin Buu have? Can Gohan defeat him this time? Will the boys be able to step up and fuse once more? How will Mr. Saiyan save the day? Find out all this and more on the next episode of Ultimo Dragon Ball Season 2.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to a Fatal 4 podcast. Subscribe today wherever you get your podcasts and visit Fatal4Pod. com for more episodes, merchandise, and info on the Patreon.