Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Donald Trump be officially certified today. What a great way to get back into the swing of things. It seems like one hundred years since I've been on air, Ryan. It really it's funny how time works, right. All the mine process is time because it's only been what maybe ten twelve days, but it really seems like maybe two or three months since I saw you, since we were in here, since we were doing all of this. But wow, what a great day to come back to.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah you as well, I mean everything that's happened in between. But of course today Jay six the ironies, right, and we're going to talk about a lot of stuff locally here as well, including some real hope for the GOP in Colorado, which means, by extension, some real hope for Colorado to come back as a great state. But you think about the obvious irony here as we're talking about January sixth and President Trump being certified. And obviously, you know with Kamala Harris, you know, being the one to announce, and we'll certainly play that sound for you because it's very fun sound. But you think of the irony, because she was among this group of people who was trying to literally destroy him personally, you know, trying to have him put in prison, trying to have him die in prison, all all of this law hair and then all of these horrific things they were saying about him, knowing that those things were likely to increase the danger even after multiple assassinations. So to watch her have to get up there and declare him today to be certified, the Electoral College votes to be certified. That was such a great thing, such a rich thing, such a great thing for America because of everything he had been subjected to by them. That would become.
Speaker 3: Hers of American democracy as much as any other principle, it is what distinguishes our system of government from monarchy or tyranny. Today, at the United States Capital, I will perform my constitutional duty as Vice President of the United States to certify the results of the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 1: No, and she did not like she had any choice.
Speaker 3: The state of The vote for the President of the United States as delivered to the President of the Senate is as follows. The whole number of the electors appointed to vote for President of the United States is five hundred and thirty eight. Within that whole number, the majority is two hundred and seventy true. The votes for President of the United States are as follows.
Speaker 1: Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump of the state of Florida has received three hundred and twelve votes.
Speaker 4: Kamala d Harris Kamala D.
Speaker 3: Harris of the state of California has received two hundred and twenty six votes.
Speaker 1: Wow, it had to be really tough to do, right, But yeah, with everything he's been subjected to, what a great moment that was today for America and for him personally. I mean, imagine imagine what he was facing had he lost. I imagine how the rest of his life is going to go. So yeah, great triumphant story and beautiful day for America. Eight five to five for zero five eight two five to five, the number techs d an five seven seven three nine. Of course, now Americans are fully expecting him to deliver, and they should be, and I have no doubt that he wills. So I think that. You know, we've got to be realistic, right, He's really got this two year window, and we all know the first hundred days et cetera, et cetera are usually prime time for a president elect. They've got that political capital, they've got it rolling. I think opponents feel that, hey, the American people wants to give this guy a chance. We don't want to look like we're not. And so this is his window right now. Short term, yeah, the one hundred, one hundred and twenty days, but certainly not beyond the two years. We'll be fortunate to have him as commander in chief for all four But in terms of legislative agenda, et cetera, we all know once we get to those twenty eight midterms twenty six, pardon me, and then everybody's attention is turned to the twenty eight presidential cycle. This is really his window legislatively. So it's going to be fun to watch, and I think a lot of good things ahead. I know a lot of good things to head in terms of things he can control, such as the commander in chief role, executive vorders, things like that. But legislatively, it's going to be wild with the GOP with this very slim majority eight five five four zero five two five five takes d an five seven seven three nine. And then of course that brings us locally as we talk about twenty six in the twenty six midterms, because it's what everybody was talking about. I'm sure at your water cooler today, probably your kid's school, wherever you went over the weekend. I would imagine at the Bronco game. You were at the Bronco game, right, Ryan, the case game. Yep, there could have been nothing being discussed in the stands other than Phil Wiser declaring for governor in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Right, that's talking.
Speaker 1: About so Nicks. He's eighteen for eighteen in the first half until and in completion at the end of night. Nobody's talking about that. They're talking about Phil Wiser, Whereas I like to say Phil blanket Wiser, Right, I.
Speaker 5: Call him Phil none the Wiser. Yeah, well, it's just a little not original. H I think it's extremely original. I'm the only one that I've ever heard call him that.
Speaker 1: You need to get out more. Yeah, eight five five for zero five eight two five five texs d an five seven seven three nine. And I think we've been talking about it all year how yeah, oh Nix, Okay, he was going to be the man. He is the man, just keeps getting better, fun to watch, and we won't do sports today. We'll do that during commercial breaks. But listen, if I'm betting the house, yeah, I mean Josh Allen, best player in the NFL, Denver has always had a hard time in Buffalo, even under the best of conditions with the best of teams. So yeah, if you're betting the house, which I would not advise, yeah, you are not betting on a Denver victory Sunday. But it is not at all out of the question, mister, break pass rush Denver has with Nick's playing better and better, and everybody can have an off Dake. It's kind of like all the pressures on Buffalo on Sunday.
Speaker 5: And I'm not just saying this in retrospect or hindsight with the benefit of that being twenty twenty. You remember, though, and I distinctly remember, Josh Allen played just to the north in the University of Wyoming and the Broncos passed on him in the draft.
Speaker 1: Don't give me the Broncos did not pass on Josh Allen. Let's correct the record on that. Mind seemed friend. No, No, John Elway passed on Josh Allen. Listen, John Elway is underrated as a quarterback. You know, he's I don't know that there's ever been a better arm in the NFL. Toughness, all that great stuff. I mean, I'd put him in the top two or three in NFL history as a GM. He let his ego get in the way. It's how we lost Tebou and it's how we lost Josh Allen. And that is just too darn bad because can you imagine the Broncs with either Tabau or Josh Allen. Oh my, so that's unfortunate. But Elway, he will just personally as a guy who has really enjoyed living here for a long time. I will always be grateful to John Elway for his great play as a quarterback and to me, that overshadows monumental errors as a GM, the Bronc particulator with t Bow and Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: John Elway, I'm correcting myself.
Speaker 5: John Elway selected Bradley Chubb defensive NC State with the fifth pick in that twenty eighteen draft, and Josh Allen went two picks later.
Speaker 1: At least he didn't pass on Michael Jordan right, and take Samboui or whatever that guy. Thank you. You know it's not all not all rock eight five five for zero five eight two five five text d an five seven seven through nine. But I do want to get your take on Colorado, because listen, I get it. Everybody gets it right. Everybody can see the math for whatever reasons. We can talk about how it got here, we know that Colorado right now when it comes statewide, say the governor's race is probably what D plus ten, D plus twelve. Some smart people I respect say D plus fifteen. So the Democrats have this enormous advantage. It may be as some say that Democrats could run a dead dog and win then no matter how good the GOP candidate is. Some believe that maybe that's true. But I got to tell you, if Phil Wiser is the Democrats nominee for governor, I think a strong GOP candidate as a real chance to win. And it's nothing personal. A couple of times I've had him on air, seems like a nice fellow. I'm sure to enjoy going out to have a beer with him, whatever, But absolutely nothing to recommend him for governor. Nothing to get anybody excited about Phil Wiser for governor and the Democrats own polling, he's polling about nine percent for governor, even Jenna Griswolds ahead of him. But there's a pretty good chance he ends up being the Democrats nominee for governor, right because on the left it's all about who's going to get that big uber lefty money, and that big uber lefty money is really really far left money, and so he could end up being their nominee. And when we come back, I want to get your take on does a good Republican beat Phil Wiser? Who do you think the Democrats will nominate? So I want to mix that into the conversation today. Will it be will it be lawless? Mike Johnston of Denver? Because we all know that play promising an insurrection, send the Denver police out to fight the Feds to protect people here illegally. That whole play was Johnston trying to get big lefty money for his governor's right. So is Johnston going to beat Wiser in a primary identity politics? Does it have to be Griswold for the Democrats? At some point are people of color on the left going to rise up and say, hey, wait a second, you guys are absolute liars and hypocrites. You claim to be so woke and care so much about people of color, and then all the top jobs are held by boring, old white guys. You know, So, how's this going to play out on the left? So we'll mix it in eight five four zero five eight two five five in the number. Does the Republican a good Republican beat Wiser? You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Is this your next governor, Phil Wiser?
Speaker 6: After someone commits a third or fourth car theft in say three months, they should be kept in with a really high bond, because you got a sense they're gonna get out, they're gonna commit more crime.
Speaker 1: This is the guy who just announced for governor. The Attorney general says, wait a second. When they get to their third or fourth stolen car, then we have to take it. I mean, come on, And I think maybe the Democrats nominate this guy just to kind of test the theory that the Colorado's at the point where Democrats could nominate a dead dog. And I'm not comparing Phil Wiser to a dead dog, but to test that theory because because they're going to run for governor if he wins the nomination, a guy who has presided over Colorado becoming much more dangerous by virtually every metric. And a guy who's on tape is saying, yeah, the first two or three car thefts they're on the house. Yeah, eight five five for zero five A two five to five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. Do you think Colorado is that far gone where the Democrats could just run anybody and win for a for a state wide office like that? Would love your take on that. And Ryan, I'm starting suspect because I've been blessed to be on air now almost three decades. Maybe it's longer than three decades. My New Year's resolutions were many, one of which is to figure out how long I've been on air. Not that anybody cares about that, but I just want to get the number right and save us some time. But in all those years, I've never seen this phenomena before. But I think, tell me if you're getting the same reaction. Ryan does a great show on six point thirty Kitchen w in Denver. Just before this show each day for the very first time in all my decades on air, it appears to me pretty official at this point that no Republican has any interest in this governor's race. Nobody wants to talk about it. Every time we have a topic pop up because here, you know, Wiser decides he's going to announce something like that. Yeah, it used to be in the past, people say, Okay, that's an important news development, let's talk about that. I don't think anybody on the conservative side, except maybe folks looking at running the race, has any interest in talking about this governor's race because I don't think Republicans believe a Republican can win.
Speaker 5: I think there is a dearth of hope, like you're talking about Dan, especially coming out of and I think we need to keep this perspective in mind. It's something I've spoken about at length with Heidi Ganal, who was the nominee the last time around. The money that Jared Polis brought to the table in the last two goodnatorial elections twenty eighteen, which is when you and I first launched the show. It was right after that and then in twenty twenty two, and just how much that distorts a race now following that like you said, is phil wiser And I was just talking about this with George Brockler earlier today. Is he going to be able to tap into the types of resources that will make it just an imbalanced playing field against any Republican nominee?
Speaker 1: Well? Is sure he is right, because I mean the money follows a winner. And you know, we saw Elon Musk, right, he played such a tremendous role in the presidential race. And I don't know does President Trump win without Elon Musks two hundred and fifty to three hundred million. I'm glad we didn't have to find out, right, So, yeah, money follows a winner. Right now, the big money does not believe the Republican can win in Colorado. The big money believes the Democrats going to win. So you're gonna have just virtually any amount of money you want. Picture this big printing press of you know, one hundred dollars bills available to whatever Democrat looks like they're going to be the nominee. So and once they are the nominee, yeah, they're gonna have all the money they want. Now, it'll because of the way Colorado laws are set up. It'll be through the form as you know, Ryan, of these outside groups, right, the outside groups can accomplish so much as Musk proofed. I mean he was not only involved, I think in funding you know spots, including that phenomenal spot, the greatest spot in modern times that exposed Kamala Harris as the true wacko lefty she is on this crazy trans stuff. But also I think Elon Musk was involved in get out the vote stuff and funding and helping to direct some of that. So yeah, my belief is the Democrat is going to have more money than they could possibly imagine being spent on their behalf to follow.
Speaker 2: On what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Then, not only conservative circles talk show audiences like ours just not having a real fire or interest in talking about this.
Speaker 2: But is there a nominee even?
Speaker 5: Is there somebody that's gonna, like Phil Wiser did on the Democratic side, on the Republican side, throw their hat into the ring and do it soon.
Speaker 1: I think they're going to be plenty of really good accomplished you know GOP types throw their hat into the ring in the primary. Yeah, I would expect that, don't you. But but WHN But that's a great question too. I would imagine there'll be some in the next few weeks, and then there'll be some that come later. Right.
Speaker 5: So yeah, well, I think Phil Wiser did this so early and did you just want to, oh very much jump on everybody else in Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Don't you think that's very wise? Because listen, I still believe I said it at the time that the some in the leftist media started going after Jenna Griswold hard, when in fact it should have been Polish and Wiser going after her heart and insisting she resigned over not only the posting of those passwords, but also then deciding to hide it from the county clerks. Yeah, but I think he's getting out heead of Griswold. He's trying to get out there while she's still been roughed up by this story. And I said it at the time that I thought that story was being pushed by leftist media because they wanted Griswold out of the race, because she'd be even easier to beat than Wiser. Right, but the Democrats are so tied up in identity politics, the opposite of Doctor King. Right, So Doctor King was all about this, but not so much the Democrats.
Speaker 2: Poor little children.
Speaker 5: One day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of.
Speaker 1: Mask skin, but by the content of that character. I have a dream except for put a color out of Democratic Party. It has nothing to do with the content of your character, the quality of your ideas, or merit the Colorado Democratic Party. It's all about identity politics. So, after being hypocritical on this flat out phony and dishonest for so many years, because all the big jobs right are held by boring old white guys, and Wiser wants to be the next one of those, then all of the sudden, Jenna Griswold's a little harder to get rid of being FEMA. And so, you know, I think he's trying to get a hot out ahead of all that. I think he's trying to get ahead of Mike Johnston lawless Mike you know who you know, had that unfortunate call for an insurrection, wanted the Denver police to go out and fight the Faces in order to protect people here illegally. Yeah, so I think he's very very wise to be out there right now. And you want to say, I mean, who do you want if you want the Republican to win, who do you want the dem nominee to be if you want it to be wiser God to believe Chriswold would be the easiest to be. Maybe I'm wrong about that, Mike Johnston. So we'll mix that into the conversation. But when we come back, big story just came out Denver as the biggest surge in traffic delays of any city in the nation. Why do you think that's happening.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's perfect for this. So we're looking at what Denver probably two to five starting tonight, late tonight and then through Tuesday morning. Now it's supposed to clear out by late morning tomorrow Tuesday in the metro area, and then this varies a little bit as we get north or south of the Denver metro. So and also cold, I mean not like Chicago cold, but I think the high is going to be twenty four or so. What would you say, and you also be in Michigan. I grew up in Chicago. Twenty degrees here feels like what in Chicago? Twenty degrees in Chicago probably feels like what here? I would say, twenty degrees in Chicago feels like five or ten below here. Don't you think.
Speaker 5: I've been in Chicago in the middle of winter walking down the Magnificent Mile and that wind cuts you like a knife. You come around a building corner right off of Lake Michigan there and you could not be more right. Yeah, it's a bone chilling cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember as a college kid, like home for Christmas, walking back from the bowling Alley, which is about a mile to our house. I remember having to huddle down behind garbage cans in an alley, like literally curled up in a ball behind garbage cans to block the wind just long in e to try to get out of pain, to get back up and keep going. Yeah, that's a whole different kind of called. One of the many reasons we're blessed to be here, right, because here you can be outside. It can be below zero, and as long as you don't have a big wind blowing, you can be outside. You can be wearing anything you.
Speaker 2: Want to chrispy. But yeah, it's a dryer cold on all that effects.
Speaker 1: Whole different critter. But yeah, so you can't really call it cold. But I think a high of twenty four maybe tomorrow, So yeah, please do be careful I'm a firm believer this kind of storm is more dangerous, you know, than the twelve fifteen, twenty inch type storms, right because we all figure we can just keep going. And I know I see it in my practice, because we do all this catastrophic stuff that Yeah, I think the kind of roads we're going to see in the morning rush are going to be about the most dangerous you get, depending on when that snow starts. And say five five for zero five eight two five five the number. Talking about all that good stuff, interesting, Denver drivers hit with the nation's biggest surge in traffic delays, a Bruce Finley Denver Post story. So what they did is, you've got now this new data out on traffic congestion around America, and Denver has had the largest increased in travel time. So Denver is the biggest increase in delays, ranks fifteenth among the most congested US cities. But it's getting worse in a hurry, and it's getting worse faster than any other city in America. So why do you think that's so eight five five for zero five A two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. Let me give you a quick context on this. Drivers here over the past year faced the fastest increasing traffic delays in the nation, according to a global transportation data firm's latest analysis. While Denver ranks fifteenth among the most congested US cities, New York, chicag I'll go in La top the list. The delays increase by nineteen percent between twenty three and twenty four. Nineteen percent. It's almost twenty percent. Drivers on metro for roads steering twenty four lost in average of forty four hours to traffic jamsh my goodness, So what do you think? What do you think is causing this downward spiral when it comes to our traffic eight five to five for zero five eight two five five takes d an five seven seven three nine. The average speed of a vehicle moving toward downtown Denver decreased to what would you say, Ryan, and I have that number in front of me and it's direct from inricks.
Speaker 5: The speed decreased during what what do you think the average speed of a vehicle moving toward downtown Denver.
Speaker 2: Is at what time of day or any time of day?
Speaker 5: Well, it's just it takes everything into account. If it's everything, forty five miles an hour.
Speaker 1: What does Kelly think, Keller issue awake, she's over there. I am about no. I just wanted to be courteous. Try not to assume anything.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say forty thirteen Come on, yeah, I'll pull the other.
Speaker 1: Speed of a vehicle moving toward downtown Denver increased by about seven percent to thirteen miles per hour, said Bob Pishu and Bob Pishue never lies, senior analyst for in RES and an author of a report released Monday morning.
Speaker 2: Gotta rush hour traffic then, right, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you're they're averaging in right those times when it's like one mile an hour, but they're comparing this nationwide, So yeah, what do you think is behind that? While you ponder that? And you're probably not moving at all moving toward Denver right now. So you may feel comfortable calling the show, but please don't do anything unsafe. Texters Dan, events like the loss of my friend George Mumma to a leftist in HD twenty five caused me to doubt the larger picture success of conservatives in Colorado. That from Steve in Littleton, Thank you, Steve Dan. If Jenna Griswold gets into the governor's race, and there is a primary end of debate. I can't wait to see how Phil Wiser goes after her on the whole password issue. That ought to be interesting. Yeah, because a total dereliction of duty by Wiser and Polis and other top deems not to step up demand a true independent council investigation with subpoena power in a public report, and then to demand her resignation. Dan, I think we should let Wiser try to steal the governor's job three times before we take them seriously. Now, that may be the leader in the clubhouse for text of the year. Admittedly we're an hour and fifteen minutes into the year, but that's a pretty darn good one, Dan, What is more American than getting drunk tell big brother to go to hell? That I think came in while And thank you so much to Heidigenall and Christy Burton Brown who did various shows while we're gone on our annual Well Family vacation. So thank you to them, because there was a big stories everybody knows about Biden administration coming out and saying that alcohol major cause of cancer, et cetera. Are you going to cut down on how much you drink.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay.
Speaker 5: In fact, that's kind of tied into I don't know all resolution I've made to myself.
Speaker 2: I don't know if people do those.
Speaker 5: Anymore in your's resolution, Yeah, that's a yeah, yeah, I think it would be. I feel better, clear minded, you know what. I kind of follow the dan capitalist path. Well, you know, you occasionally might have a beer here or there, maybe rarely.
Speaker 1: Which is a waste of talent.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: Because truly I can drink more than anybody I know without being affected by it, but dangerous. But in twenty twenty four, how many beers do you think you had in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: A couple of hundred okay, maybe that's not bad at all. Or three hundred and sixty five days? Not that many, great restraint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, less than that between probably around one hundred.
Speaker 1: How many glasses of wine?
Speaker 2: A dozen or so?
Speaker 1: Really, that's all Scotch? Oh, A lot of that, okay.
Speaker 5: A few glasses on the rocks? That one. That one will be tougher to give out.
Speaker 1: Trying to figure out why I was given this talent that I do not use because I and listen, I love it. I love to drink it. I love the taste of it. I love all that good stuff, but I feel like it just doles me a little bit. And I just you know, I don't have anything to spare there, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean, so I gs.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to lose any gun edge. But but yeah, I probably had in twenty twenty four, I probably had three beers.
Speaker 2: Is that get older? Here?
Speaker 5: My tolerance for the after effects. Let let's say I have a moderate amount and there's a hangover there. You know, you feel sluggish all these things that there's that great and I don't think the benefit outweighs that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to me, my New Year's of solution is to drink more. I mean not drink, but you know I have a few more.
Speaker 2: I'll drink less. You drink more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, see that's America. But why these traffic delays? Why is it getting worse? That is fascinating to me. I mean, we all feel it getting worse, but why is it getting worse? Eight five to five or zero five two to five five? Welcome back, Happy Patriots to day. Thank you for that message, And yeah, we'll work in some more of the national stuff because it's obviously a really significant day when Kamala Harris has to do this, which was really sweet. And I say that because she was part of I believe that whole cabal, that whole cabal that tried to wrongfully jail Trump, wanted him to die in jail, wanted to personally destroy him because they knew they couldn't beat him at the ballot box. And so how sweet that she would have to say this on this very day.
Speaker 3: The state of the vote for the President of the United States, as delivered to the President of the Senate is as follows. The whole number of the electors appointed to vote for President of the United States is five hundred and thirty eight. Within that whole number, the majority is two hundred and seventy. The votes for President of the United States are as follows.
Speaker 1: Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump of the state of Florida has received three hundred and twelve votes. Kamala de Harris, that's something that's true about.
Speaker 1: I would have set up thirteen seventy two seventy one to be saved.
Speaker 3: Kamala De Harris of the state of California has received two hundred and twenty six votes.
Speaker 1: That ought to be harder to say than Trump's total don't you think. Hey, when we come back, I want to tell you, not that you'll care, but I want to tell you about something absolutely crazy that just happened with my car and it's life changing. You're on the Dan Capitler Show.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thanks Ryan for that. I'm still trying to figure this out. Last I maybe did this story showing that Denver now has the largest increase in traffic delays of nineteen percent. Delays have gotten twenty percent worse just in the last year. So this entire nation, we are getting worse faster than anybody and we weren't that good to begin with. So what do you think is behind that? And I've just been pondering it since I read that story. I mean, we all know traffic's bad, and we all know some of the basic causes, But why do you think it's gotten so much worse so fast, gotten worse faster than any place in the country. What do you think is behind that? Eighty five to five or zero five eight two five to five text DN five seven seven three nine. Locally, we're also talking about Phil Wiser, the Attorney General. I wonder how many Colorados could tell you that Phil Wiser is the Attorney general of the state, probably very, very few, because it just he's kind of a nonfactor. And no, he's not a non factor in reality, and in reality, the state has gotten more dangerous because of things he's failed to do. But but yeah, if he's the DEM nominee, yeah, you know, I'd like to say the GPS the best shot they could. I think they'd have an even better shot if it was Jennet Griswold. But but Wiser polls worse than her. On the DEM side, Ryan, if he is the DEM nominee and the DEM nominee is going to be whoever the real big money on the left gets behind, then do you think you're gonna have a lot of dem apathy?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Do you think you're gonna have a lot of dem apathy? Are you gonna have a bunch of Dems who just don't turn out for him?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think that's a great point that he doesn't inspire a lot of energy from anybody but the left and Democrats in general. I don't know that Polis really did either, but he was at least effective and getting his message out in a fund his own funded campaign.
Speaker 2: And you know, he's a sharp enough guy.
Speaker 5: I think politically his acumen is pretty high, I all know, Polish Yeah for Wiser, No, I mean he says things like the third or fourth car theft thing, and that's not an isolated incident. In fact, George Brockler told me earlier that he just thought he was mediocre Wiser in terms of his ability to debate, to formulate points, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and my good friend John Keller, who I'm biased right because of the friendship and other in fact, going to be a big announcement in that front soon. But John Keller was the top GOP vote getter in the last statewide cycle and just absolutely thrashed Wiser in those debates, and I think got to within like eight and a half points of him, which in Colorado is a pretty impressive showing in these modern times where anything with the red jersey gets trampled by the electric But yeah, this instant classic from Phil Wiser.
Speaker 6: After someone commits a third or fourth car theft in say three months, they should be kept in with a really high bond because you got a sense they're gonna get out, They're gonna commit more crimes.
Speaker 1: So think about that. It's not just okay, the first two car thefts, the first two or three really are free in phil Wiser's world as attorney general. But within three months, you know, so yeah, hey, if it's three car thefts, if you commit a fourth within three months, then yeah, we may have to keep it. Listen, he is an intelligent person. So that was not a dumb statement. I mean, it was a terrible policy position, a very destructive policy position. But he didn't say something that awful out of stupidity. He said something that awful out of radicalism. Because Phil Wiser is a smart man who understands the radical left controls the Democratic Party in Colorado in most places, and if he wants to be, if he wants to be, in that instance, the attorney general, I'll get all that leftist money. If he wants to be governor, he's got to be a far left guy. And now they'll let him get away with saying something so he can try to pull off the moderate con in certain channels. But no, I don't think he made such an awful statement out of stupidity. Again, it's this radicalism that now owns and operates the Democratic Party speaking of which really has to make you happy as you see that starting to fail now across America and other places, which is another reason there might be this window of opportunity in Colorado when this radical Trudeau and we don't talk much or care much about Canada, but the fact that he's now run out, that's another positive sign for the arc of the world.
Speaker 7: I intend to resign as party leader as Prime minister after the party selects its next leader through a robust nationwide competitive process.
Speaker 1: Boy, so Trump really got I'm right with all that first state stuff. A text to da in five seven, seven thirty nine. Oh, I got to tell you that car story. I tease Dan, you said in regards to Kamala certifying the election results, like she had a choice, while I agree and am no fan of Biden or Harris. A quick reminder of what your political hero tweeted four years ago, Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our country and our constitution, giving states a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent, inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth that from Steve in Centennial. Steve, I think what's so telling there is is that the Democrats. The Democrats built their campaign around two things. They built their campaign around January sixth and around abortion, and they lost miserably. So I think it is so fitting that you have President Trump today not only certified, but certified by Kamala Harris, who was among those I believe who tried to put him in jail wrongfully through this lawfare.
Speaker 2: And so the.
Speaker 1: American people have spoken on that. Steve. The other thing and it's for another day, though I've mentioned it before, and this is another reason the GOP has a real chance in Colorado, I believe, and it's continuing to get better for the GOP across the country. You know, the Democrats have just clung to this slavish commitment to mass killing on demand to try to win elections, and clearly that did not work for them in twenty twenty four, and there are really concrete reasons it didn't work for them, reasons are likely to extend into the future, so more and more reason for the GOP to be optimistic. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.