Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M. Six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio appen.
Speaker 2: What else is going on?
Speaker 3: Time four? What's happening?
Speaker 4: Well, it's basically winter, water damage, fire damage, car glory called public adjuster Abner GAT eight one eight nine one seven five two five six.
Speaker 1: Well, it's basically winter Southern California, cloudy skies. It's very gray. Do you have your seasonal effective disorder on you DOT?
Speaker 2: You not yet? Probably a couple days.
Speaker 1: Usually you usually take a couple days of it to hit you. We will have some light showers by the evening. Drizzle will be on and off throughout the week through thing though Thanksgiving, however, is going to be clear.
Speaker 5: The atmospheric river up in northern California has been uh is deadly. At least two people were killed in Sonoma County because of the atmospheric riz river in someplace is. They said twenty inches of rain fell in Snowma County, which is about three November's worth over the course of just three days. Several inches in other places in the central coast. The Santa Lucia arranged at about four inches San Loos obispo maybe up to two inches.
Speaker 3: Of rain before this is all completely over.
Speaker 2: There was a couple that was robbed.
Speaker 1: Was an armed robbery in broad daylight on Rodeo Drive yesterday. This happened at the intersection of Brighton Way just before about.
Speaker 2: One thirty in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: A man and a woman were waiting outside a boutique when they were approached by four suspects, one of whom pulls out a gun. During this physical altercation, they took two designer handbags, one from each victim, cash cell phones inside. As you can imagine, one cell phone was recovered nearby, and the suspects also attempted to steal the guy's jewelry but were unsuccessful.
Speaker 5: An Honor Roll student has been identified as the victim of the road rage hit and run an Exposition Park. Family members continued to mourn the loss of a teenager from South La hit and killed by hit and run driver and what they believe was a road rate road rage incident last week outside of Bemo Stadium. Sixteen year old Jonathan Flores riding his bike with a group of friends in Exposition Park Friday night. CHP said a driver accelerated towards them, striking them and killing them. A bunch of the friends said that Justin was just a great kid, didn't do anything to deserve this. They're hopeful that his story gets out. He was eleventh grader at South La High School, where he was both an athlete and an honor role student. Investigator said that the suspect was following this group of bicyclists into a parking lot after some sort of an altercation, just before he or she hit and killed Jonathan on his bicycle.
Speaker 1: Bird flu has been detected in a batch of raw milk sold in stores in California.
Speaker 2: Don't drink it.
Speaker 1: The virus was foundering a testing of a batch of cream Top Whole raw milk from Raw Farm LLC. It's funny when I was reading this story this morning, I saw the headline of bird flu turns up and raw milk. Some say you shouldn't drink it, but R F. Kenny Junior says it's okay.
Speaker 5: Like what he wouldn't tell you to drink bird flu virus?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, like just raw milk in general. Oh that he drinks it, so then hell, like, I'm not going to this guy for like all of my health.
Speaker 5: Suggestions, State Department of Public Health sit it's warm and consumers any potentially contaminated raw milk from this affected lot would be bad. Because of the ongoing spread of bird flu and dairy cows and poultry, as well as some of the cases that have infected people. Speaking of, there is an egg shortage across the United States. Nationwide egg shortage leading to empty shelves at many grocery stores, specifically places like Denver and Miami, me and New York. As recently as this weekend said that signs were up asking shoppers to limit their egg purchases because of difficulty sourcing.
Speaker 3: They said the main reason.
Speaker 5: Is bird flu H five N one has been spreading throughout the US among wild birds, poultry, and a number of other animals, including the dairy cattle that you mentioned.
Speaker 3: In just these last few years.
Speaker 1: Have you heard about the whales in New Zealand. There were more than thirty pilot whales that stranded themselves on a beach there in New Zealand. Four of them have died, but the remainder were safely returned to the ocean because conservation workers and people who lived nearby helped to refloat the whales by lifting them on sheets. Those would have to be some strong sheets.
Speaker 5: Well, a pilot whale is not if I'm not wrong, They're not that giant. I mean, it's not a blue whale or anything like that. It's still few hundred pounds. It'll still probably take a hefty sheet, yes, but I don't think it's steel reinforced or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Let's see here.
Speaker 1: The size of the pilot whale depends on the species and the sects of the whale. Long finned pilot whale males can grow up to twenty two feet long, way up to five thousand and seventy.
Speaker 5: Never mind what I said about pilot whales and how tiny they are.
Speaker 1: The females are nineteen feet long and way up to twenty nine hundred pounds.
Speaker 3: Holy cow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then the short finned.
Speaker 1: Pilot whale, the dudes can get up to eighty eight hundred pounds.
Speaker 3: That is all right.
Speaker 1: In fact, pilot whales are large dolphins, the second largest oceanic dolphin species after orcas.
Speaker 3: See I go to you for my whale news.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is what I'm here for. We share burdens.
Speaker 5: This morning, I heard the promo where you were upset that you couldn't get onto the Wi Fi here.
Speaker 3: You know, how do we meet it?
Speaker 1: Thanks promos in the history of the world.
Speaker 2: Are we that dumb all the time?
Speaker 3: We are that dumb all the time.
Speaker 5: Oh, but this morning I was having a problem getting into the email here, and I couldn't figure out what it was, and I thought, oh, here we go again, this is the Wi Fi. Think it was actually much bigger than that. Really, it was that Microsoft users reported issues with the Outlook email service started at about six this morning, and it was all across the country.
Speaker 1: That's funny because when I logged onto my laptop when I got here, so those about eight thirty ish, I could get into Outlook. Yeah, and then and then suddenly it started working.
Speaker 3: But that was weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was the problem. I couldn't get in. When I finally did get in, I couldn't search for anything. I was looking specifically for some emails and I couldn't find them.
Speaker 1: So is that where you got your alert that it is hurtful Monday?
Speaker 3: Why would it be hurtful?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: I saw your Instagram story about how these are good day, These are good days because I'm not there, so it's calm and nice, and you're in a good mood and happy.
Speaker 3: I think you misunderstood what I was saying there.
Speaker 1: You said, these are the good days when Shannon's not here like today.
Speaker 2: She said, Soapy, these are the good days.
Speaker 5: Well, what I really meant was it is quieter in here, but not as much fun.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean no, that would.
Speaker 5: Not be It's not as fun, yes or no, No, we need to go to your friend. Mark Arragos is speaking outside the Van Eys courthouse.
Speaker 3: Right, oh god, you.
Speaker 6: Are, respectively. Jose and Kitty's older sisters both made impassioned please with the judge to send the brothers home, and, like I said, very moving. Harry testified under oath that she was very close to Jose and practically grew up with him, and Joan as well. Talked about Kitty and all of the all of the good things that they've done since they've been in there. The judge has now set January thirtieth and thirty first as the days for a plenary or fulsome hearing on the resentencing. He has also invoked what's called AB six hundred, so he has jurisdiction under that section as well, which is California law. He's going to and has heard and will ask for further briefing and by January thirtieth or thirty first. We're hoping that by the end of that or sometime sooner that we will in fact get the brother's release. The family is all here and including Joan who's here who everybody can wish happy birthday to tomorrow, and Terry who was here. There's Terry's in the back. Terry made the trip Brin Terry as well. I will tell you that I did not program either one of them, and I don't think either one of them knew they were going to speak, but they spoke, and we did that so they could speak from the heart, and we're sisters in kind.
Speaker 5: Well, that's Mark Ragus there and then some of the family of Kitty and the menenta'z parents that are there, but also relatives who do not want to see Eric and Lyle out of prison. So the resentencing request hearing has been pushed back to the end of January, as you heard Mark Rags say, so they will not be getting.
Speaker 3: Out for the holidays.
Speaker 5: So that's that's the end of that, at least for the next several weeks, so you don't have to worry about it over Christmas, setting us setting a place setting for Eric or Lyle.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do gas fanis what's the matter.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know if I was, if I was cut off.
Speaker 3: Because it's too out, if you were. Just while we were listening to Mark Aragos, I.
Speaker 1: Love how Garreguz refers to them as the brothers and not the freaking murderers. Oh, the brothers, like they're these little boys that need to be home for the Christmas celebration plays.
Speaker 3: And they're in their fifties.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, get the hell out of here.
Speaker 4: The brothers.
Speaker 5: A couple of the court cases today they were been paying attention to. We'll tell you more about Jack Smith and his decisions to try to dismiss the federal election interference in the classified documents cases against former president and President elects Trump. But Eric and Lyle Menendez looks like they're not going to be getting out of prison anytime before the holidays. Their legal team is talked about exactly what's going on. They joined a status hearing this morning via video from their San Diego prison where they're serving their life sentence without possibility of prol but they had some technical issues. Apparently they had to listen in over the phone, but they didn't say anything. The judge basically postponed all of this until the end of January, if nothing else, to give Nathan Hockman the time to prepare figure out what the La County DA's office wants to do once Nathan Hackman becomes the DA Next week or is.
Speaker 2: It next week December third?
Speaker 3: Yeah, next week, we'll call it next week.
Speaker 1: Hey, find someone who talks about you the way that slut of an attorney talks about murderers.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I I mean he is Mark erra goes. Yeah, okay, yeah, he glowingly, very glowingly. I mean that's his job.
Speaker 5: And they point out they were pointing out during the commercial break. I've seen a couple of different talking heads and said, he's not He's only doing that part of it.
Speaker 3: We know this.
Speaker 5: Of course, he's only doing that to appeal to everyone across the country.
Speaker 3: You may have some interest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't do the work. He's just the face. He's the cheerleader. And make no mistake about it. If I kill someone, I'm gonna call Mark.
Speaker 3: I think you've said that to him before you said that.
Speaker 5: To him, not that you like what he does, but but it is.
Speaker 3: Hey, they're playing the Wait a minute, they're playing the theme to er?
Speaker 2: Was that what that was? I never watched er?
Speaker 3: Oh, Tonight Monday Night football.
Speaker 5: Shannon is at so far helping them test out the stereo equipment for the PA for tonight's game.
Speaker 3: Chargers.
Speaker 5: Of course you're going to host the Ravens in the Harbor Bowl. He did get a call from somebody when somebody left us a talkback message, said that they had actually grown up in ann Arbor at about the same time that the Harbob brothers did and went to the same high.
Speaker 1: School even from Ohio, oh full in that case, they're from Toledo.
Speaker 5: I believe he said they were. He said they grew up in ann Arbor at the same time they were there.
Speaker 1: So well, I mean Harbaugh played at Michigan ann Arbor.
Speaker 3: And then coached right.
Speaker 5: So our Gas fantasy for play Vikings, Packers, Seahawks, and Eagles were the winners.
Speaker 3: We had four winners.
Speaker 5: On Twitter, Ed and Kat and Laura and Janet and producer Keana is going to get a hold of everybody and make sure that we get all of what they need in terms of what they've won over the course of the last couple of weeks. So that's what's coming tonight. This harbab Bull the brothers. You went to the was there only one other harball Bull?
Speaker 1: This this is a third meeting, but most recently was the Super Bowl in New Orleans back in twenty fourteen. And we can both be correct. I stand corrected, even though I'm correct as well.
Speaker 2: Wasn't wrong. He was born We're born in.
Speaker 1: Toledo, Ohio, but dad, of course was a football coach, Jack carbas So. They lived in Ohio, Kentucky, Iowa, Michigan, in California, and in fact, Jim did go to high school in ann Arper and Palo Alto, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Palo Alto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because his dad was a coach at Michigan and at Stanford.
Speaker 2: Just like following dad's boots set.
Speaker 5: That's crazy that they that was some very similar trail. But you're excited. This is going to be Like I said, it's still going to be good.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: It was so funny. I was, it's still gonna be good.
Speaker 1: You're so funny. I was driving here today and I was like, oh, I feel anxious. This is anxious, Like why do I feel anxious? And then I was like, no, you're excited, that's what you are. It's exciting. It's an exciting game. It's a game that means something. You know, all down the stretch last season, those games meant nothing. There was no excitement coming here and watching what was a throwaway season with Brandon Staley.
Speaker 2: At the helm, you know.
Speaker 1: And this morning, I'm and they're a contender in the AFC and they're facing the best offense they faced all year long, with Lamar and with Derrick Henry, and I'm just excited. I think it's gonna be a fun game to watch, assuming Derrick Henry is contained at all, got to do that. If he's not and he runs all over you, it's not going to be as fun, certainly not for Chargers fans. But I think I think they've game planned for that. You know, this, this defensive coordinator Jesse Minter, by the way, he does a good job pivoting week to week and matching his defense up with the offense that he faces. This was a game, like I said earlier, was circled for Chargers fans all year long, probably for Ravens fans as well.
Speaker 2: Chargers three point underdogs.
Speaker 3: Even at home.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, even at home, which means they're like five and a half point on.
Speaker 2: The MS or six point underdogs.
Speaker 1: We'll have a great story about the last time that they faced each other in the in.
Speaker 2: The Harball Bowl, in the Super super Bowl.
Speaker 1: And so after the game, Jack the dad goes up to Jim, who had just lost the Super Bowl, and says, you know what, You're only as happy as your most unhappy kid, And you know what, I'm just gonna go home. I'm just gonna go back to the hotel and I'm gonna go to sleep. Jim Harbaugh to this day maintains that he turned on the television when he got back to his room and just couldn't let it go. Turns on the television, sees his brother celebrating at this after party celebration, and sees his father on the stage with his brother hoisting up the Lombardi Trophy. Now, Dad and John both say that never happened, but Jim swears by it. No, I saw it. I saw it with my own eyes. You were holding up that trophy. And Jean thinks he was in some sort of weird fever dream that he dreamed this that night, but just kind of funny. I mean, they're just like such competitors, all three of them, just I mean competition literally in the blood.
Speaker 3: That is a great story. Well, it's still gonna be good. Kickoff is after funk.
Speaker 5: You can stop metas all right, kickoff it's still coming up after five o'clock. And then of course you can listen to all of the game on at ninety eight to seven, right, yes, Bolta up next the.
Speaker 3: Jack Smith stuff. What do we know about these cases?
Speaker 5: And is this truly the end of these federal cases against President elect Trump?
Speaker 3: That and we got MIXEDTPE Monday coming up as well.
Speaker 5: Israel and has the law continue their heavy exchange of fire, although there is some signal that two sides do appear a bit closer to a first cease fire deal since the conflict began last year. At least seven people in Lebanon were injured in the Israeli strikes, according to the Lebanese state news media. In northern Israel, officials said that a sixty year old man had been hurt in an attack from Lebanon. As that continues to grow a top NATO military official has urged businesses to be prepared for a wartime scenario and adjust their production and distribution lines accordingly in order to be less vulnerable to blackmail. They said from countries like Russia or China. This is Dutch. Admiral Rob Bauer, the chair of NATO's Military committee, says, if we can make sure that all crucial services and goods can be delivered no matter what, then that is a key part of our deterrence. We talked earlier about the the sleep maxing. You know, I'm trying to maximize how much sleep you get connected and paying too much attention to it could actually be detrimental to your sleep in the first place.
Speaker 8: Hey, Gary Shannis Patrick in San Diego. Yeah, you just kind of drink through the two am wake up call.
Speaker 6: So if you good that at two am, three.
Speaker 8: Am, you just don't wake up till like ten o'clock. They say, so much, don't worry about how much you drink, Just power on, go to bed whatever you want. So what, I have a black water though, that water does help, maybe some salami and cheese.
Speaker 3: Did drink past two, but have one glass of water.
Speaker 2: For you don't forget the slami and cheese.
Speaker 3: It's a strong finish. It was a strong finish on his part, all right.
Speaker 5: The big court stuff that's going on today, of course, is that the judge in the Menendez case has decided to reschedule their re sentencing hearing to the end of January. So these guys are not getting out for not getting out for the holidays. And part of it is because we're going to get a new DA next week when Nathan Hoffman has sworn in to take over for George Gascon. This gives that prosecutor the opportunity to review this case to figure out what it is that they're going to what how they want to go about doing this, if anything. So the other story is that the Special Counsel Jack Smith has asked a couple of courts to dismiss the cases against President elect Trump. In the first case, this is the plan to subvert the twenty twenty election. And all of it is because the Justice Department policy that says it's unconstitutional to go after a sitting president, to pursue prosecution against a sitting president.
Speaker 1: This is none of this is a surprise, not really.
Speaker 2: We saw it was coming.
Speaker 1: I mean Jack Smith was going to have to turn in all of his assignments because they were not going to be able to be completed. Trump responded by the way he wrote on social media on truth Social these cases, like all of the other cases I've been forced to go through, are empty and lawless and should never have been brought. It was a political hijacking and a low point in the history of our country that such a thing could have happened. And yet I preserved against a persevered Excuse me, I persevered against all odds and one make America great again. Like the like there was some sort of legal machination where it's like he was innocent.
Speaker 2: It was like, no, you just can't go forward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I mean that was the way he celebrated when Judge Aleen Cannon dropped the classified documents case. So Catherine Falters from ABC News basically says that the way this is going to go forward is, well, this is her description of the future of this case.
Speaker 3: And they're filing.
Speaker 9: They say that they consulted with DOJ's Office of Legal Counsel and essentially came to the conclusion that this does apply to President alex Obviously Trump will be President following the inauguration on January twentieth. They say that the determination of OLC and DJ of course, was that this should be dismissed before the defendant is inaugurated.
Speaker 5: Now there's another wrinkle to this which I didn't realize, but Pierre Thomas also the ABC News describes this report of that Usually in a case like this where the du Justice Department drops the case for whatever reason, they do issue some sort of a report.
Speaker 7: Special Council is by DLJ Goddins to issue a report. The question now is whether that report can be issued by the time Trump is inaugurated as president. And remember, soon thereafter you're going to, in theory, have a new sitting Attorney General, which we'll have a lot to say about whether the report is released if it hadn't been released by that particular period of time.
Speaker 5: And trust me, Pam Bondi, the woman who's been nominated to take over for Attorney General, she's not going to let that thing see the light of day. If it exists past January twentieth, that thing is never coming out. It would be similar to I mean, different circumstances, but similar to what happens with the Matt Gates Ethics report from the Ethics Committee in the House. That thing is probably never going to see the light of day because he has no connection to the House of Representatives anymore. And if he's not appointed to any sort of a position in the Trump administration that requires confirmation of any kind, it dies. It dies in a file cabinet somewhere in the Capitol and we never see that thing again. Or like you said, it goes in the Arc of the Covenant crate at the end of Raiders of Lost arc in the warehouse that Luke Skywalker built.
Speaker 1: When you first brought up the Ark of the Covenant, I was thinking, like an arc, not like the boat Noah's.
Speaker 3: Arc, like like the geometric design.
Speaker 2: Geometric design.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so I.
Speaker 1: Was already not thinking in line with what the Ark of the Covenant really is. Does that really exist in the world? Is it believed to exist in the world somewhere? We just don't know where it is. Yes, interesting, and we haven't found that yet.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: You think it would be on the top of the list of priorities. I mean it was the House of the Ten Commandments Moses, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Why aren't we looking for that thing.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sure people in modern day Ethiopia are looking for it somewhere.
Speaker 2: Do we know if that's where it is, Ethiopia.
Speaker 5: That's I think that's one of the strong guesses as to where it would be.
Speaker 1: Maybe we take the show on the road to Ethiopia. Maybe we go find the arc of the Covenant. That would create a splash for our little show. Huh, create quick that could kick off Space Wars.
Speaker 5: What the fourteenth annual KFI Pastathon is here. Chef Bruno's charity, Katerina's Club, provides more than twenty five thousand meals every week to kids in need in Southern California, and your generosity makes it all happen.
Speaker 3: So there's a few ways that you can help out.
Speaker 5: You can donate right now online kfiam six forty dot com slash postathon. You could shop at any Smart and Final store and donate any amount right when you get to the checkout. Or you could head into any Wendy's restaurant in Southern California you donate five bucks or more and get coupon book for Wendy's Goodies.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, John states in Revelation eleven, nineteen that the Arc will be seen again after the second Coming of Christ, So maybe it would be sacrilege for you and I to go find the Ark of the Covenant. Like, if we're supposed to wait for Jesus, we should probably wait for Jesus right.
Speaker 3: Let him tell us where it is exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I don't want to screw that up.
Speaker 1: I already have enough strikes against me with the guy up there, so let's just smooth things over with the sun.
Speaker 5: Reminder also that this year is Pastathon. The all day live broadcast from the Anaheim White House will be giving Tuesday, December third. To come on Standing Up see us five am to ten pm and donate on site and drop off postaen sauce donations.
Speaker 3: I am standing up.
Speaker 1: Do you know that the arc also doesn't just contain the two stone tablets of the Ten Commandments, but also a jar of Mana, the miraculous bread from Heaven. What do you think it tastes like a sourdough?
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 5: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand.
Speaker 3: On the iHeartRadio app,