Speaker 1: Kat makes fun of Jen for a brief moment where Jen goes, I can't believe.
Speaker 2: She's my chief stew.
Speaker 1: Chief stews that I've worked with have been in the yawning industry for over a decade, over a decade.
Speaker 2: I was twelve. I was over a decade ago. I was twelve years old. And Kat goes, yeah, and Luke was twenty five.
Speaker 1: Great, comeback, Hi, hello, and welcome to bad TV. I'm dal that's pat permission to come aboard. KK is here too, the Keki Palmer of that of our show, Keiki Palmer. Yeah, he has Keky Palmer energy. I loved her and nope, I loved her and nope, I love her and everything.
Speaker 3: You know, I didn't know that she was a child actors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nope's one of those you didn't get it movies.
Speaker 3: No, I got it. It was horrible.
Speaker 1: She was great, No, I know, but there are starch defenders that go with it.
Speaker 2: You didn't get it defense a lot. You know, it's arrives me nuts man. You know what, I didn't care to get it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Universal stocking in the air when you's going on on the Universal Tour, which is wonderful. This is where the Jaws shark comes out of the water at the you know the Tram tour, that same ride, they have a.
Speaker 2: Nope, you're talking about the tram. The tram, love the tram.
Speaker 3: You know, Godzilla tries to push over the tram.
Speaker 1: The the little village floods and Jaws that right, and then it ends with nope.
Speaker 2: Now that I don't think that that makes any sense.
Speaker 1: It does not here to talk about Universal Studios, California, a nightmare Hell on Earth.
Speaker 3: No I hear.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic. You know they've got the Hogwarts stuff, They've got the Simpson stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I have a season pass.
Speaker 2: Do they have Nintendo Thingski? Have you ever been? Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I used to go every weekend on Have you seen Fast and Furious?
Speaker 1: How they got the Fast and Furia drifting?
Speaker 2: Now they're drifting. The Mummy killed someone recently in Florida.
Speaker 1: In Florida, that's a good ride. The Hogwarts one makes me sick with the big screen and the stuff moving around.
Speaker 2: I get sick. I get it.
Speaker 1: I just do I have a sensitive tummy.
Speaker 3: Start over.
Speaker 1: We're here to talk about Below Deck Babey. We had an amazing episode of this show this week.
Speaker 2: No, this season.
Speaker 1: Keeps delivering every episode in something else. The dynamics of the crew are fascinating. Nate's incompetence is fascinating. We've got so much stuff here this season. And I just want to say to the people working on brav oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: I wanna actually I want to apply.
Speaker 2: Working on Bravo, working on below deck up, but thank you.
Speaker 3: I want to apodcasting. I judged you at first. I believe it's a husband and wife. Yeah, I did not want Nate on my TV screen. I did definitely did not want Joe. And as I've seen in the preview, this is not a spoiler, We're gonna have Max back on our television screen. But given what you've done so far, I think that may have been a good decision. Based on your.
Speaker 1: Track, Wick, Yeah, I'm excited for Joy to to just speak openly about how much she hates her own people.
Speaker 2: The French are so annoying. It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: So what tonight we have an episode of this show? Thinks so I think.
Speaker 2: So. If you want to support us.
Speaker 1: At Patreon, you can go to patreon dot com. Slash another podcast.
Speaker 2: Network I find that the Phoenix here is still open.
Speaker 3: That's right. And we're I think we're going to do a show called The Double Lives of Suburban Wives. This is couples in Middle America that in their own free time do like adult stuff to support their marriages.
Speaker 2: Yeah they fucking.
Speaker 3: Yeah right there. Right, it's like post Mormon wives, but a little bit smuttier. Right, it's on Chelsea. Yeah, we might do.
Speaker 1: Fucking fucking the ship out of each other on camera, that's right. Then they're also like taking their kids to school.
Speaker 3: That's right, and it's going to uh, I think it's gonna keep a nation health.
Speaker 2: Hey, come on over to the house.
Speaker 1: We're throwing a barbecue and then you know, you go over, you go. I think were you guys banging in front of that fireplace in the last video, Yeah, that's where we're.
Speaker 3: And so well recap. So sign up right now because I'm gonna cap our Patreon subscribers.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, are we doing it for Patreon or yeah, oh we're gonna do it for Patreon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you've got to sign up now. I'm only gonna allow new patrons, that's it.
Speaker 2: And then we're capping it.
Speaker 1: And the reason we're doing that is because we've read the Warren Buffett books.
Speaker 2: We know business.
Speaker 1: There's only three hundred spots. Let's get into the show, Kaylin, pick up the energy. The back's gone out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, turn over, the knives are out. Joe is a pig in shit.
Speaker 3: He will he will take this opportunity and run with it. Dare I say step over Nate's balding head to get to that BOSSI.
Speaker 1: Nate was really Nate was a tough watch tonight. Jen was a great watch tonight. We had Aura meters and we have Asha who just continues to be.
Speaker 2: I don't Pat and I feel differently about Asha nish.
Speaker 3: I love Kermits, Okay, it's her voice. It's annoying, and her constant talk of scatting.
Speaker 1: Okay, her voice is lovely. It is from a land down under. The attitude on display from Asia being told, Hey, this deck crew is a fucking nightmare. We need you to scrub steps and have a good attitude. Of course she's in. We know that you went to bed at three o'clock in the morning watching these fucking screens, even though you're the chiefs to Actually, we need you up three hours before you're supposed to.
Speaker 2: Nate just threw his back out like a geriatric up.
Speaker 1: No problem, She's fucking awesome. We have a fun group of people, and we have Kaylee being rust into the chief stup position tonight. I thought it was a magnificent episode.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give.
Speaker 1: It fourteen pots.
Speaker 3: Fourteen pots seems a little low. No, I love this episode as well, because, as you pointed out, turnover is what's needed for a season of Blow Deck. We love you shouldn't have an entire season of a single sea rat.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with you? Nothing? I was just staring really intently at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you make me nervous. I don't like to make eye contact with my co host.
Speaker 2: I was really staring at it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't want to be mean to the UH charter guests, but I think it was I think it was Kaylee when she said, you guys look like you belong on a yacht, and I thought, yeah, if the strip club was called belong to a yacht, I'd agree with her. Yeah, because they look like they sell crystal meth. But they're nice.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think they look like they sell crystal crystal meth. They're tat people you know, tat people they.
Speaker 3: Leave some ink for pens. Children use pens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to think about the kids when you're taking up all the ink and saying, shoot it into my body, actually cover up my face, do it on my penis. I want the ink everywhere. Okay, you have to remember the children. But when crack dealers, my god, I am so sorry, Yeah you should be what are you thinking about picking it up?
Speaker 3: Well it was spam?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Okay, so the answer was still yes, yeah, okay, crack dealers, we go to San Bernardino. Right, there's no kind of artistry to it. It's it's a dirty clothes kind of frenetic. More, these people are very in the pocket. Okay, they're just trying to have a good time. And that one guy I think actually shoves his thumb up a girl's ass who's not accidentally.
Speaker 2: If he's dating.
Speaker 1: So that'll be actually fun to watch or to recap. I give it fourteen pots. How many pots do you give it?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give it. Well, I'm not done giving my thoughts on fine. Okay, the aura meter was fun.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give the history of Grimace. By the way, Jen is Grimace Grimace is evil. His first name was Evil Grimace. In the history of Grimace, I follow McDonald's lore. I was a child of the eighties. Grimace, the Hamburgler. They are evil people. They steal milkshakes from children. Okay, all right, what else I want to say? Oh, Nate's situation.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's kind of a narrative perspective problem because to me, I've always thought that Ronald McDonald was the evil one.
Speaker 3: No, he looked creepy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Grimace is it's first a he is evil.
Speaker 3: Evil Grimace. Wow, yeah, he's a blob.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll get into it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Uh, Nate, he is. I don't think I'm gonna come back as a boson. He will m He's on Sandy's chopping block. And I always warn people, if you want to keep your job, do not get on your supervisors. By the way, radar.
Speaker 1: How uneven is that chopping block She's tried to I mean, she just can't lop the head off. The patient's on display from one Sandy Vaughan.
Speaker 3: This guy is.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a fucking charity case for the.
Speaker 3: Ages, it is.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: You gotta let me know?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sorry your backstorre, Oh, we gotta get your I mean, he just he wants to get fired so badly.
Speaker 3: You think this is subconsciousness sabotage.
Speaker 2: No, I think he's I think he's just having a tough go. Okay, just at a baby, It's tough.
Speaker 3: Here's what you gotta do when you're at a job that you're getting paid at that you'd like to keep. Maybe you don't care about it, but you want to get paid. Okay, lend in like fucking waldough. Do not step on toes. He's obviously doing that. Do not try and stand out in any way. Don't make friends with supervisors. Okay, because once you start fucking up, Sandy starts going hey, hey, hey, hey, where are the towels? Little shit like that. And then the next thing you know, she calls you up to the fucking bird's nest and says, is everything.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, you're talking about wings belting?
Speaker 2: That's right, yep, all right, close to the sun.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get into fourteen knots all right, So no, you can't give the same knots as me.
Speaker 3: It was a great episode.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, fine, So we start off a man down and a Boatson missing. Nathan heads back to the boat after running two hours late with zero communication.
Speaker 2: He's just what a fucking jammy dodger this guy is.
Speaker 1: He heads inside and he.
Speaker 2: Goes, oh, sorry about that. What he first? His crew is like, hey, where have you been?
Speaker 1: And he goes, don't fucking look at me, or I'll punch you in the fucking face.
Speaker 3: Don't even make direct eye contacts me, don't look at each other, don't make weird faces.
Speaker 1: Look at each other, don't make jokes, don't do anything, or I'll punch in the face. Then he goes upstairs to Sandy and she goes, what happened. He goes, oh, you know, family stuff.
Speaker 2: She goes, you're two hours late. You haven't said anything. He goes, oh, yeah, that's that is my bad.
Speaker 3: I am so sorry. Ah okay, I want to say this the reason why she says, you didn't call me.
Speaker 2: He says, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: This is the first time I'm hearing this. They probably mentioned this Gail moved on the other side of the world, leaving her support system, which is her entire family.
Speaker 2: It is the first time they've mentioned it.
Speaker 3: Well, the first time I heard it. I didn't realize that she just came here to be filmed on television with this idiot, leaving her entire support system. She should have just stayed where she was with all her family to help her with this fucking baby. Instead, she came here with zero support to live a mile from this boat with this knucklehead. Yeah, this show films for like six weeks. Yeah, she should have just said I'll see you in six weeks, loser. I know, I know, but that would make perfect sense. But thank god, these idiots make these poor life decisions because it's amazing television. I'm making my own point. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Can I say something really quickly? I think you look amazing.
Speaker 1: I saw an Instagram comment on one of the recent videos that said does this guy have only Does this guy only have one hat? And I go, what are they talking about? Pat's got a bunch of different hats. So I start scrolling through our videos and you've simply worn the same hat for I think a month and a half.
Speaker 3: Straight guys wear hat.
Speaker 2: I'm really pleased.
Speaker 1: That you're here today showing off your luscious locks.
Speaker 2: And how do I look fantastic? Yeah? You look great?
Speaker 4: Did a screen test before we started, will.
Speaker 2: You, will you do me a favor and let it just go salt and pepper? Please?
Speaker 3: I am don't you see gray hair?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, I'm forty two years old, okay, and I am letting the gray go. I'm like George Clooney right now, go to YouTube and subscribed.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the preference odd suit mful.
Speaker 3: Hold on Gail, who is beautiful whose life has been ruined by this balding man. I follow her on Instagram. She is doing brand deals right now. She is fucking killing it now that she's ditched this balding loser support Gal preference sheet meeting.
Speaker 1: The referenchion Meg, I'm gonna need your help with this.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can help.
Speaker 2: There's tattoo people coming aboard this vessel.
Speaker 1: Yes, they want bud light and they want hand soap at the ready.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be shoving their fingers up each other's ass. That was unbelievable to me.
Speaker 1: They want to He fucking popped a digit inside a woman's vagina.
Speaker 2: She said that one straight up my cooter. He said, Oh my god, I thought you were somebody else.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you something. What when I used to have to pick tomatoes as a little kid. That was my job down the street.
Speaker 2: You had a car, a jack carrouac kind of existence.
Speaker 1: Almost like if someone's seen the Master. That's what Pat's life was like.
Speaker 3: Okay, summer vacation after the sixth grade, we all showed up at a farm stand. They'd pick us up in a pick up. We jump on the back of it. They drop us off at like a fucking I don't know, vineyard or whatever, and we'd start picking tomatoes. We would be poisoned by all the the what do you call it, the pharmacy, all the ship they spray pesticides. I'd come home after picking all day, I'd have headaches. They'd be pounding my head. Anyway, this jackass.
Speaker 5: The reason why our kids have autism is because of the clip us eight. That's right, it's the and I'm married today to say that the eight should should be sprayed on everything in America still, even though it's killing all of us.
Speaker 1: Maha, nice, Yeah, well, anyway, what did you think was that a good RFK?
Speaker 3: You killed it, dude, really, and they tried to kill me while I was picking at this fucking farm. Anyway, My point about getting fingers in your asshole. All us little kids in this story, we'd all be picking tomatoes and this prick that was a teenager when we weren't picking fast enough. You'd have to watch this teenager. He'd had his thumb out and he'd try and stick it up your butt and go hitchhiker if you weren't picking up fast enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so I think that was Okay, flag that, thank you, and we'll do this. You're gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, blab and the first one in this one.
Speaker 2: Do you know what a story is?
Speaker 3: A sexual assault?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what. We're just gonna move on, and this is like.
Speaker 3: A story, he says, sexual assault.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, Caitlin, you're out of your mind.
Speaker 3: Someone putting a digit up your butt while you're picking tomato.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, so that's the preference sheet. Oh well, well there's a jungle Yeah, there's a jungle theme.
Speaker 1: And there's a moment where they say that the Chrotter guests are gonna be looking for.
Speaker 2: Elite yacht service, and a she goes elite yacht service. I think we can do that, eh, yes, you can. Captain Sandy is challenged at the moment because they're a man down.
Speaker 1: Now they have a ton of inflatables. Who doesn't you know? But because she's burying the lead of a little bit, she goes, we've got so many inflatables, I need to get another person on deck.
Speaker 2: Oh. Also, last time we were.
Speaker 1: A man down, we rammed the boat into a fucking ancient wall.
Speaker 2: But we get back to the go ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was gonna say, so, Sandy. Yes, she calls Norma a couple of times and unable to find a deck, and she starts thinking like, let me call Nate up here. Hey, I think we'll get Kermit to help us, and Nay goes, yeah, let's let's fucking do it. And then they ask Kermit and she says, yeah, I'll do it, but under one condition. I want reference farting eighteen more times. This ye okay, And they say deal, okay, kidding. She says also, I want an opportunity to promote Kaylee to be chiefs do and they go yeah, that's okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Fine, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Really quickly though, before Nathan is brought back, brought up to the bridge to give his hoorah, we have him and a bit of a mutiny brewing.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, blood in the water.
Speaker 1: So Nathan continues to not be that flustered by being just shitty at his job, and Joe the power hungry is starting to see that there are trails of opportunity here now they're not doing things systematically. He's showing up two hours for a shift. Cooper starting to get pissed off, and Joe goes, I am in a position where I've afforded an opportunity.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have him on my side. He's showing up late. I can kill him. That's exactly what he's going to attend to.
Speaker 3: Points out a lack of professionalism and then gets on his soapbox and yeah, you will stab him in the back.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: So we get to the news. Uh Asha is told that you're so good at Chief Sue. What we're going to make you do is go up on deck Heaveline, drop anchors and wipe shit off stairs.
Speaker 2: And she says, what we're going to do is Kaylee.
Speaker 1: Is going to be Chief Stue, and I know that you guys are going to knock it out of the park. And thus begins gen Watch because Jen last episode said, I am turning over a new leaf.
Speaker 2: Okay, I am going to be positive.
Speaker 1: Jen Caitlin, you know how how proactive he is. We didn't tell him to get that sound effect ready.
Speaker 3: He didn't I get it ready every week from now on.
Speaker 4: I'm glad I finally got to play It's it's been a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the keky Palmer of the show.
Speaker 1: So Jen mentioned that she's going with the departure of Kronk.
Speaker 2: She's going to be happy now.
Speaker 1: But the problem is that useless bitch Kayley has gotten the chief stue position and now she is her aura.
Speaker 2: Is getting red now.
Speaker 1: Luckily for her, she knows how to climb back. She went to Balie and read a book on how to make your aura purple.
Speaker 2: So she's going to be okay.
Speaker 3: Well, she got inspired to become the McDonald's character Grimace. And here's where I will teach the audience because I think she got there. Fun fact about Grimace. He's evil, he stole milkshakes from children. He's a blob made out of dead tongues. Look it up, true story.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Fact check that please. Okay, is he made of a dead tongue.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna look up that one.
Speaker 3: But he's a tongue or something. He's a tongue that fell out of people's mouths or something. No, something like that.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, it's close. I can't imagine it is.
Speaker 3: I was big fan. Really yeah. I mean, how do you define a blob?
Speaker 1: You just refer to its shape. You don't talk about what it's made of.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a shape.
Speaker 1: Is it a blob? Yeah, it's a form. Move to talk about that it's made out of fucking tongues that has to be made out of something of calin so.
Speaker 4: Far im just seeing that he's covered in he was originally covered in purple fur for arms to hold multiple stolen drinks.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he is a thief. He's evil, He is a rat. Fank is his first name. Evil.
Speaker 4: He debuted as the evil Grimace. Oh okay, milkshake stealing monster with forearms and a bad as with a hamburger.
Speaker 3: H okay him glare yes also evil.
Speaker 1: Well, basically they're criminals. They're stealing from people and it's not okay, okay, did.
Speaker 2: You have anything else?
Speaker 3: Uh no, that's it?
Speaker 2: Okay, So the tattoo people get there and uh.
Speaker 3: Oh wait before they get there, Nate text scale, I miss you. I want to tell this young man not working that that doesn't work. No, it's not what you text, it's what you do. It's what you do, you dummy.
Speaker 2: Speaking of text Asia tech Scotch.
Speaker 1: He goes, can you believe this? He guys, that's amazing value. But let's not pretend you haven't got your hands daddy. Eh, you're talking about shit.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, anywhere. Yeah, And then Kermit coaches up Kayley on how to Greek guests basically lie to them. Oh, you're from Florida, I love in bread trash.
Speaker 2: No, nope, you can't say that. That's not elite.
Speaker 4: This is what you do.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're from Florida. I hear the weather's incredible. You know what? You belong on a yacht. That's how you do it. So the tattoo people get there and as a kind of.
Speaker 1: Welcome, like a welcome gift their arrival, Nathan shatters their belongings on the ground. They've clearly gone shopping, have some tourist knickknacks. As they're getting their luggage out, Nathan drops the entire bag of shit on the ground and you hear many things break, and Asia says.
Speaker 2: Oh, so that's how the vacation begins. But I like these people.
Speaker 1: When you're on a yacht, you want some light fucking beer. Okay, somebody asks for a Caesar. I'm not sure what the hell that is. I think it's some fucking gross version of a bloody Mary or something, probably got Mayo in it or something.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, a Klein. Can you look it up.
Speaker 3: These people could not be more polite, or nicer or easy going.
Speaker 2: They're lovely. They really are lovely.
Speaker 1: Now, Kaylee is really hanging and banging with the guests, and Asia is struggling to not micro manage, and we get a little sea rette history with Asha and she used to be a deckcan Yeah.
Speaker 3: But some guy like wanted to do a side business making a wood shop there, I guess, like shaving whole pieces of wood, making canoes.
Speaker 2: Or some shit.
Speaker 3: She said, fuck this shit, right, GAILN what's the caesar?
Speaker 4: A caesar or bloody caesar is a Canadian drink made with vodka, clamado, hot sauce, and Worcester clamado.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's just a it's just a bloody marry with klamato, which is what most bloody marriage are made out of. Anyway, you go to an airport bar. They're making that fucking thing with climato. You go to a chile that's clamato, babe, otherwise known as clam juice.
Speaker 2: You're not a klmado guy? No, what do you not like about it?
Speaker 3: I don't like anything out of the sea.
Speaker 2: That's not true. You like sushi?
Speaker 3: Not really?
Speaker 2: You do though anymore? No, you like it though.
Speaker 1: When we go out and you go to a nice sushi dinner, you like to rip it up like a little bit.
Speaker 3: I order California rolls.
Speaker 2: You don't order California You go. What's the thing with the alba cord? That's you when you go out, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Can we get another Leachi Martini? What's that thing with the Alba corp?
Speaker 3: I like Leechi Martinez.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we get to Bobby. He's a cool guy.
Speaker 1: He shoves his thumb up the vagina of one of his friends. And then we get to Joy. He what a tough last charter. Suzanne was very challenging. She also lost her best friend. I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 2: I love Joy. Let's just move on from that. Goddamn Okay.
Speaker 3: Joy tells us it was a little rough. She lost her best friend. She's disappointed. She disappointed Suzanne and almost killed Coop. And I think only one of those things is a negative thing, almost killing Coop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, got it all right?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, disappointing Suzanne's not that bad because her entire life's been a disappointment, so she's used to it. Okay, So toys all go out and there's a mutiny of foot. Nathan is making people unfurl things without the crane.
Speaker 2: Cooper is starting to side with with little Wormwood.
Speaker 1: Joe over here, and Sandy heads down and goes like, legitimately, you guys are fucking up. And she looks at Nathan and goes, you need to get your fucking shit together. You're here two hours late. Nothing right is going on down here. Where's the shower?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: Fucking that's a great point, oh man, Sandy, thank you for bringing that up, because we should have that out.
Speaker 2: He's he's doomed.
Speaker 1: He's lucky his back got hurt because he would have been fired.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, this is what happens when you've been on this show too long and you get to go to Bravo Khan.
Speaker 2: But Asha crushes it.
Speaker 3: I know, because she's a good person. Yeah, and she knows what the deal is. And she said this episode, I don't plan on ever doing leaving, no leaving this profession? Really didn't she say?
Speaker 2: I always?
Speaker 1: Well, she's never gonna not be Chief stew in her marriage, I think is what she meant.
Speaker 2: Oh she did.
Speaker 1: Okay, but get in the comments let us know. So I feel really bad for Joe here, which is not a sentence. I'm gonna say a lot. He is kind of dressed down by Sandy. She goes, you need to fucking lead, And to.
Speaker 2: Sandy, I would say, lead. Who you're gonna lead? Cooper and the Chief stew What were we talking about?
Speaker 1: Also, if I lead, he's gonna say, if I ever do that again, he's gonna slip my fucking throat.
Speaker 2: So I'm what do you want me to do? Here?
Speaker 3: There needs to be a word for this, and it probably is in the dictionary, which is a place where you love to be, which is but caught in the middle. Joe must love this, which is I'm glad you're putting I'm in this position, which is I know I can lead, but I can't right now. M Is there a word for that.
Speaker 1: Like kind of like a purgatory that you're happy about. Yes, I'm not sure what did you put that?
Speaker 2: Well, what's what?
Speaker 3: What's an enjoyable purgatory?
Speaker 2: What is that called? And also Caitlin is grim is made of people's tongues.
Speaker 3: He's made of dead tongues. Is someone their tongue fell out and on the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: He's like a Kronberg tongue.
Speaker 3: I don't know where I got that from.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was.
Speaker 1: College, all right. So we've mentioned that Asia's attitude is on believable. Let's get to dinner. Jen is purple.
Speaker 3: She's doing good. She made a great table scape.
Speaker 4: Grimace is not made out of tongues, but official corporate lore states he is a giant taste bud.
Speaker 2: So, wow, you're really knocking it out of the park tonight.
Speaker 3: I don't know what a taste bud is, but I believe it's part of a tongue.
Speaker 2: You don't know what a taste I taste, but is part of a tongue.
Speaker 3: We have four of them in our tongue.
Speaker 2: No, we have I think thousands.
Speaker 3: No, we have four taste buds. We have sweet No, no, no, look it up. How many taste buds.
Speaker 2: Do we have?
Speaker 4: First, I just wanted to say, an enjoyable purgatory is often called limbo elysium.
Speaker 2: Or eah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So calin. How many taste buds do we have? And let me just tell you those are the tastes. Those are not the taste.
Speaker 3: Buds, they're oh, the taste We only have four tastes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have four.
Speaker 1: Some people say five salt, sweet, bitter, sour, right, some people say savory is a fifth, also known as umami. I was pretty right about the tongue thing, though, what Okay, yeah, how many taste buds do we have?
Speaker 4: On average? Between two and ten thousand?
Speaker 2: Okay, two?
Speaker 3: Pretty close?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, between two thousand and ten thousand.
Speaker 2: Let's move on. Let's move on.
Speaker 1: But first dinner, the wine isn't quite there, Scott says, yeah, I mean it's just not to the same caliber.
Speaker 2: Do you have any thoughts on that? Okay, let's get to dinner. It's gonna be a trio of samplers.
Speaker 1: We've got scalops, We've got oysters and citrus, and we've got a savice that is bright, powerful, punchy, like a Peruvian fireworks show.
Speaker 2: On your two taste buds. What is that? I know we have four.
Speaker 1: Okay, so dinner is not perfect, though, I would say normally samplers are trash. I don't want a sampler, right, Usually you don't want a sampler.
Speaker 3: Well, a sampler is something you order when you want to be a big, big, big, big, big fatty. Okay, you're like, oh, right, chicken skewer.
Speaker 2: If we're doing, if.
Speaker 1: We're doing all of these beautiful fresh, raw, barred kind of dishes, let's do them. Let's cycle them out, right. I know that work a little understaf, so maybe we want to just do a three banger. But usually we're gonna reserve a sampler for.
Speaker 2: The cheesecake factory.
Speaker 1: Right, we're gonna have mozzarella triangles, we're gonna have buffalo buffalo cauliflower.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna have cheeseburger egg rolls on the same plate. And that's meant to give you cancer.
Speaker 1: Actually, but this, I think we can roll out the oyster, then we can do the savice, then we can do the scalop. We don't need to chill a fip this right, it's actually pretty fucking horrific. Then we get to a Dorsea style plating of a local whitefish with a rim of sweet potato mash that will kind of ensnare a thin white sauce that the fish will be sitting atop.
Speaker 2: Not my favor from joy Fish Forward a lot of fish. Kind of a one note textually.
Speaker 3: I think I thought it was cream of wheat.
Speaker 1: You thought it was cream wheat. We've talked about it before. Cream if we had a very underrated working class food. What's your favorite way to do cream of wheat?
Speaker 3: Well, I told the story where definitely uncooked, where you bake it in your stomach with all the acid and it cooks over the course of three days.
Speaker 1: Yes, then you have to undergo surgery for them to extract the ball of fucking cream of wheat from your lower intestine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Check it out episode fourteen and seventy two of APS.
Speaker 2: Yes, very keyl what's your favorite weddy cream of wheat?
Speaker 4: I've never had cream of wheat before in my life.
Speaker 1: That's the key pomer of the podcast. How have you never had cream of wheat?
Speaker 2: Get in the comments let us say your favorite way to prepare cream with wheat.
Speaker 3: I don't even really know what it is, So that was fish in the middle of that Yeah, I've never thought of fish as a blended soup.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it wasn't. The sauce wasn't fish.
Speaker 3: The white stuff in the middle of that plate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, maybe it was a coconut kind of thing. It might have been a oh yeah, zero pots. Yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna give it zero I'm gonna give it forty one pots.
Speaker 2: Though not Joy's best best outing, but you know it can all be home run.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: No. Cream of wheat is a ground wheat product. You kind of like an oatmeal. You put it in It's like a polenta. It's in between polenta and oatmeal. You put it in some boiling water, and then you can make it savor. You can make it sweet.
Speaker 2: I like throwing a little butter in there, a little butter up. You know, maybe mount that with some butter and maple syrup. I'll tell you what that is? Delicious? Should we move on? I think so, okay, next day, next day, take it away?
Speaker 3: Well, morning service. Jen is getting a little judge about K's performance and kind of starting to think Jen's a negative bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's thinking that she's probably maybe a little bit negative, and I do want to get to one moment but with the Guests, where a guy tells a little anecdote about how his wife constant only makes fun of his tiny little dick. So he says, you know, you always say that I have the perfect penis because your vagina is shallow and dead or something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what it was, and.
Speaker 1: He goes, She goes, yeah, I know, and he goes, can we just say I have the perfect penis for you? Why do we need to categorize it through that kind of.
Speaker 2: It was a lens.
Speaker 3: It's not necessary, like I guess, beat me. It was a one of those examples of a pussy half full.
Speaker 2: All right, I want to stop.
Speaker 1: I want to stop for a second because you said, first, all right, beat me?
Speaker 2: Which what beat Oh? Okay, are you talking about like an optimistic pussy? Yeah, okay, that's what.
Speaker 3: That's where I was going, kind of like an anie like rather than say like, you have a small dick, it's no, honey, it's my pussies. Yeah, not half empty? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I love Kat throwing it back in Jen's face. I think Kat and Jen are actually fun, and I think Kat does really well to weather Jen because I think the cat does not want to be around I.
Speaker 3: Know, but why is Kat doing the song and dance where she's like, I'm gonna then give this information to h to Ka rather than go Jen, Why don't we just try and make the best of this.
Speaker 1: I think you gotta if your cat run this up the flagpole. You've got, you know, insubordination cats or Kaylee should probably know about it, and it's just what see rets do. But I will say that Kaylee and Kat both handle Jen masterfully. When when Kat tells Kaylee that she's been talking bad about you and she's really negative, Kaylee goes, We've got so much work to do, it's not important, which takes a tremendous amount of emotional discipline to really not give it any oxygen. But Kat makes fun of Jen for a brief moment where Jen goes, I can't.
Speaker 2: Believe she is my chief stew. Chief stews that.
Speaker 1: I've worked with have been in the yachting industry for over a decade, over a decade I was twelve.
Speaker 2: I was over a decade ago. I was twelve years old, and Kat goes, yeah, and Luke was twenty five. Great comeback, great comeback. All right. So Nathan, we get to this moment where he just flips at.
Speaker 3: He's losing it. Sleep deprivation yes, and fighting with the wife girlfriend yep, baby mama.
Speaker 1: He's not the best version of himself, yes, but he is the version of himself currently, the one that is on display, So let's talk about it. Joe and Cooper are looking at each other and smiling. Now they probably are exchanging glances because Nathan is an incompetent baby right now because he has a baby and he's sleep deprived, and he's also not that good of his job, not that good at his job when he's fully arrested. But he says, if you guys make those faces again, I'm going to go to the captain. This is one of these Nathan always goes back to well slept or not. He does this thing where he threatens and violence first violence, and then does this enforcer thing as though it's going to garner respect.
Speaker 2: I think that he has some kind of.
Speaker 1: Nineteen fifties cowboy kind of.
Speaker 3: He's Irish, by the way, but his pussy side is I'm gonna rat you out. Just look at him and go, hey, hey, are you guys fucking with me? Like, let's fight it out.
Speaker 1: But but there's this thing where he he has this picture of a leader in his head, which is somebody who's like abusive to other people, and it gets them in line, like you're you want to take a warden position here, and it's like, you know, there's this famous story I think I've told it before, Will Ferrell and Adam McKay yelling at their entire.
Speaker 2: On the set of Anchorman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Michael Bay story had come out, so they thought that they were going to do that, and all of the grown adults there just looked at them like what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Because well, they were being disparaging and inappropriate with the crew for like an.
Speaker 1: Hour, and the crew did not take too kind to it, because this is not how you manage people. You don't threaten violence, you don't threaten and you're gonna wrap them out. This is how you get a mutiny brewing, which is exactly what he does.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: At some point, I want to say, the way that you earn back respect, Nate is you just start doing a good job. That's you gotta slowly get back respect yeah, but if you threaten that I'll go to leadership. They think you're a bigger loser, asshole.
Speaker 2: They don't want to work for you.
Speaker 1: So Nathan hurts his back. And this is where Sandy's patience is just unbelievable. I mean, how much can she allot this guy? He's late, he's sloppy, he's rammed the boat into the dock.
Speaker 2: He just hurt his back. At this point, Sandy's just like, what do I do with this dude?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you how much I've come around to Sandy? This is what's great about reality TV is you hate people or you don't respect them at all, and then you get to know them for a long time and you're like, wow, I actually how she dealt with this, Because if I was Captain Sandy, I've been like, you are such a jackass.
Speaker 2: But she sees an out.
Speaker 1: Or does she She goes, Oh, we gotta get we gotta get a scan going, I gotta get you off this belt.
Speaker 2: We got to make sure that that back is healthy enough to work. Now. This is why I write down or why I wrote down that.
Speaker 1: Her patience is unbelievable, because he does this thing where he'll just without any insecurity or hesitation tell him tell her something that is just completely inappropriate and does not bode well for him or make him look good. So early on in the season, he went up to her and thought they had the kind of relationship to where he could just tell her that he wanted to punch the guy in the face. And she's like, not appropriate to tell me. Then he says, yeah, good points, Sorry I didn't call. I should have, just without any fear of repromation or reprimanding or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Then we get to this back incident.
Speaker 1: Where he tells her that he had hurt his back weeks ago and that he'd gone he'd undergone some kind of rehab for it. Essentially, he came to this boat not healthy back there, but he just it didn't matter to him because he needs to make money and he needs to be on the show.
Speaker 2: But if we're in the yacht world rules.
Speaker 1: This is not a good thing to conceal to somebody because it puts them in a shitty position. Now he is going to be off the boat, and Sandy tells joke er, Joe, Hey, I'm gonna need you to step up and be here.
Speaker 3: You're in charge.
Speaker 2: And he says, oh no, thank god, oh no, thank god. Now is his time to shine?
Speaker 3: To shine? Can I do a mean mile?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Joy misses her guy?
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if you caught this still, but no one. A listener reminded me of this because everyone on the boat knew what what's his face had done. But Joy, of all people on this boat, is unaware that her best friend codd his boss's bed sheets with pole milk.
Speaker 2: M hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 3: She doesn't know, because had she, I don't think she'd be calling him her best friend.
Speaker 2: I like ball barf. Some do, some do very few.
Speaker 1: All right, so we kind of are wrapping up the show. Here we go cave diving. Pat, you would not.
Speaker 2: Do this, not in a million years. No, no, no, it's way too spooky. Actually, if the tide comes up, will die.
Speaker 1: So I don't actually want to be in a position where if that could ever happened, I it could happen.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 3: I was almost killed in the ocean like two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I will never and you were almost killed Like.
Speaker 3: A wave hit me and knock me down on the sand, hurt my knee.
Speaker 2: A little scrapie. Yep, no, So we don't do that.
Speaker 1: Then we get back to the boat. We have a chicken schnitzel lunch. Now this is a perfect lunch.
Speaker 2: Okay, it is a a chicken schnitzel with a ratituy accompanied with fresh lemon.
Speaker 1: Now she's gone to the ratituey trough a couple of times this season.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with it because.
Speaker 1: Ratitua is very versatile, vegetable, welcome to really any plate. I think ratatui is one of the kings of side dishes. So she brings that out again. Now, this is a perfect thing to set you up in kind of going into the late afternoon.
Speaker 2: This is going to be a base, right.
Speaker 1: You just crushed a chicken, a giant chicken nugget essentially. So what we're going to do is we're going to establish a base.
Speaker 2: For copious amounts of alcohol consumption later.
Speaker 1: And we're also a little sleepy, so I'm gonna go take some RESTful sleep and then I'm gonna wake up.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get ready to bang.
Speaker 1: A Christina or something that starts slugging about shots.
Speaker 2: I'd love joy. This was one hundred pot lunch.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, she catered to the audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: So meanwhile, Sandy is going, I will take a refugee that we see swimming in the middle of the ocean.
Speaker 2: At this point, I need someone on this boat to help lugshit around. Norma isn't helping. I think that she broadens her search, and we start to see Joe.
Speaker 1: Taking over the deck crew. They're getting into a flow, They're getting into a groove. And later on in the season we're going to see a moment where Joe's made this boat run more effectively.
Speaker 2: Welcome Nathan back to.
Speaker 3: The fold in a suit and they're gonna fight. And also, sorry spoilers out there, And then Jen's says I think I like Coop's dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she goes, hey, Coop, you got a big fucking hog, don't you. Later on, this season looks really good. The season has been so amazing thus far. Get in the comments, let us know what you thought about the episode. We will be back next week for more.
Speaker 2: I'm Dylan saying goodbye, Pat take it back later.
Speaker 3: Downs