Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. These guys are your favorites, so like say subscribe and rade it.
Speaker 2: I'm stuck and me.
Speaker 1: The greatest con us today and listening watching lim always keep its watching.
Speaker 2: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bobo Fay.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, this is big Foot and Beyond with Cliff and usually Bobo and Matt Prewitt is lurking around in the background as he often does. As you can tell by my introduction, Bobo is not here today. He is otherwise engaged in crazy mischief that probably nobody should be getting into. But Boba doesn't care. He doesn't follow the rules. He is like Sasquatches, the ultimate anarchists. But we have Matt Pruitt. How you doing, Matt, Well.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about today's guest. I know that when she visited the museum you are really impressed with a lot of the knowledge that she had about the subjects and about other subjects in general. So I won't belabor the points too much before we get into it. But I always try to announce when some of our previous guests, and especially previous guests that are friends of mine are doing something new, and so I did want to say that our good friend Mike Mays who wrote to me the definitive book about the black panther phenomenon in North America, which is called shadow Cats. He wrote an excellent sasquatch book called Valley of the Apes The Search for Sasquatch, and aria X has released a new book and it's his second kid's book. It's called Beware the Pink Gorilla, and it's really awesome. I got to read it. I got to see a lot of the art that was done for it. It's super cool. So it's a great kids book for those of you who were parents who are looking for gifts. It's good for ages like eight to twelve years old. So I will have a link to that in the show notes, and I'll also put links to Mike's author page if you want to pick up any of his other excellent books as well.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Mike's a good friend of the show. Of course, he's been on before. We should have him back on the sometime, right. Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, We barely scratched the surface with a lot of that stuff, so I think he would be a great return guest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and he's always up to something squatchy. I think, indeed, well, I think this is probably a good time to go ahead and bring in our guests. And our guest today is Donna de Erko. I think that everybody probably knows her from her more iconic roles like in Baywatch, for example, she's a playboy play made at one time in her past or whatever else, but that's all in the past. Now. She is involved in a YouTube series called Mythbound, which is why she's on our show. Besides she's just a cool person of course, But Mythbound is this new YouTube series where she travels around to famous paranormal places and mysterious locations and whatever around the world, investigating things like UFOs and Area fifty one and of course haunted things and our favorite thing in the entire world sasquatches man all sorts of cryptids. So I did an episode recently with Donna, and I thought this was a great opportunity to have her show broadcast out to you guys, our listeners, because I think this is something that you, our listenership, would probably really really enjoy. So Donna, thank you so much for coming on our little podcast out here. We really appreciate you taking a little bit of time for us.
Speaker 3: Ay Cliff, thank you so much for having me on. I'm super excited to be on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, very good. We're excited to have you. Honestly. So, I mean, you have such a past, you know, in media in general, you know, television shows, You've been an actress, a model, you just go down the list, You've pretty much done everything. So is it just time to do the coolest thing of your entire career and make something about sasquatches and other weird things like how did this come about?
Speaker 3: You know? Seriously, I've been so into this kind of stuff and this type of you know, content for I don't know as long as I can remember, since I was probably in third grade, which is going back quite a long way, and I just never could really you know, as you know, back in the day, anybody who who said that they, for example, saw Ufo or saw Bigfoot or something like that were labeled to a cook and you know, you're crazy, and you're you're you know, that's so silly and stuff. Well, so I didn't really talk about my interest in in all of those things because of that reason. I was just I feared, you know, being ridiculed, but now actually, largely because of your show, because of finding Bigfoot, I think that that that this kind of atmosphere has started to change around those things to where it's not so silly and people aren't really ridiculed. Maybe they are a little bit here and there, but nothing like they used to be. I think now it's okay to believe that Bigfoot exists, or think that you you know, believe that you saw some UFO or something like that. I think it's it's just different now. So I figured, well, I've always wanted to travel to different locations and check out people that have seen something, either seeing a UFO, saw Bigfoot, saw some lake monster, you know, gone to some sort of miraculous something that's appeared somewhere that somebody saw. I've always been intrigued and fascinated where I want to travel and go see those things or talk to these people. But I didn't know what to do with that. And now I'm at a place, you know, thankfully in my life, where I have the ability to do that. And I talked to my manager and I was like, we should bring I should bring camera and bring others along to see what it is that I'm seeing that I'm into, because I'm sure there's a lot of people out there that are also into the same stuff, and come to find out, there.
Speaker 1: Are, and there's certainly no shortage of witnesses. And it seems that you're very drawn to the witnesses. I think a lot of people are because it's it's just something humans like I say it often on the podcast that we've been telling stories to each other for three hundred thousand years around a gampire, somebody sharing something that's that is meaningful to them that they experienced. You know that that the weight of that experience is often conveyed very very well through witnesses. It is so, and it seems to me that the Mythbound your YouTube show is largely focused on that. Am I correct or incorrect with that?
Speaker 3: No, it's for sure. It's I try to get as many witnesses as I can for episodes and for whatever myth I happen to be investigating that week. But I have to tell you, it's really it's kind of hard to get people to want to come forward and talk to me on camera, because you know, I can go into a city and talk to somebody that's seen something and then leave and go back home. That person has to live there in their community. And once they're on camera saying I saw a lake monster in Lake Erie, they open themselves up to ridicule, especially if it's a small town, and so it's it's a little tough sometimes to get people to you know, be okay with saying what they've seen on camera and talking to me about it. But the ones that do, I'm really grateful for. They're always you know, they're always treated with There's never mockery, there's no nothing like that with me, because I'm extremely interested and curious about what people have seen and hearing their story and seeing where it is that they saw what they said they saw, it's fascinating to me.
Speaker 1: Well, the hesitant twist witnesses are always my favorites because honestly, because if people are really really eager to come on your show, well that might even be a red flag for somebody who's not being totally honest or maybe even exaggerating what the small experience into something larger, you know, something like that.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: So, now, of course you and I did an episode together and I basically did a walk through the North American Bigfoot Center with you, and I kind of pitched it to you at the times, like, well, this is gonna be like a change of format. It's going to be kind of cool. Yeah, and hopefull and hopefully I've not seen the episode yet, hopefully it'll work out. Have you seen the episode? I know it's airing today or tomorrow.
Speaker 3: It is today, yes, and it is amazing. And I'm I have to say thank you to you because when we were first talking about you coming on and doing an episode of Mythbound, I first was wanting you to go out in the field with me and kind of do a search, and you were kind of like, I don't know, and I was thinking, oh, no, I don't know how I walked through a museum's going to be. But then when I showed up to your North American Bigfoot Center, I'm really glad that we ended up doing that and not going out into the field because your museum, I guess you would call it a museum, is so jam packed with the most fascinating stuff that I mean, I could have stayed in there for several more hours looking at all. I don't think I ended up seeing everything that you have in there, but it's just mind blowing. What you've done there is unlike anything I've been to a ton of museums, and yours is unlike anything I've ever been in. And I've got to hand it to you, you did a fantastic job on that place. It's just it's just captivating from the second you walk in until you're done, all the way around. So you know, that was amazing and this episode's going to be one of my best, I think, So thank you for that, oh well.
Speaker 1: Very very kind words, and I sincerely appreciate it. And I got to say, told you.
Speaker 3: But you were right. Thank god you didn't listen to me and go out in the field with me, because this is so much better. It's really good.
Speaker 1: Again, I just thought it would be a nice change of format and an opportunity to learn something in a different sort of way. So I'm glad, I'm really sincerely abby that it worked out well for you, and hopefully you're of your viewership eats it up and loves it too.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, one thing that really blew me away was I've seen not in person necessarily as much as on video or online or on TV casts Bigfoot footprint casts all the time. I see them, I see people holding them up, I see picture online. But when I was in your museum and you were showing me the different casts and explaining sort of the morphology of the foot and the imprints and stuff, that was something I've never like, I never really thought about, And with the way that you explained those things to me, now those casts have become the most credible evidence. When I didn't really think much of them before. Now I look at them very differently after you explained things to me. So that was very intriguing, and I'm really hoping that the people watching will feel the same way. I think they will.
Speaker 1: Well, for whatever's worth, the only reason you're on the podcast today is because you impressed me when we're in the museum, And several times actually in the museum, you brought up something that I said, wait, wait, how would you know about that? She's actually done her homework, you know, because because one of the things I'm always wary of television shows and all that kind of stuff, because I've work in the industry and I know it's kind of shallow and superficial a lot of times, But like the one I remember the most is when I was showing you the nest reconstruction from the Olympic Project nests, right, and we were talking about that, and you said, well, how do you feel about the albert ausmin nests that they found up on that shelf in the little the box canyon. And it was interwoven with this thinking like, oh my god, because because you never know, like because you're a celebrity, right, so you never know of some celebrity is just going to say, well there's a niche I can exploit, you know, and then over to the paranormal thing. And I'm very protective of our subject you know. It's like like unreasonably protective of our subjects, you know what I mean, I get it. Yeah, so when you bust it out with that, and I think, I think your knowledge about the canyon stuff, for example, Like there were several times I said, wow, she's not some celebrity hack exploiting the Bigfoot thing. She actually knows what's up. And I said, well, yeah, we got to have her on the podcast.
Speaker 3: You know, there's so many, Like I said, it's been decades that I've been into this stuff, and I've just sort of read and tried to absorb as much information about these things as I can, and things like even I know that they're called different things internationally. I know, we say sasquatch, and by the way, I've been mispronouncing. My viewers have corrected me because I was saying sasquatch. They really slapped my hand on that one. So it's sasquatch and I understand that now. But sasquatch Bigfoot is here. And then overseas, I know that there's similar type of creatures like the Almas, the Alma sty and all these different stories and stuff that you've heard or that I've read about overseas too, in all these different countries that are similar but not exactly the same, and those have fascinated me too. I mean, I'm dying to go over seas and kind of explore some of those other other creatures that are that are overseas.
Speaker 1: Do you think you're gonna be able to make that happen?
Speaker 3: I would like to. I mean, I'm going overseas in the next couple of months to do some other episodes, not on any big Foot type creatures this trip, but the next trip I'm hoping to to do that.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Like you were saying. When I went to your museum, you showed me that chart with all the list of the different what they're called in different languages and in different countries. I know that they're called different things depending on where you go. But I'm fascinated by the almiesty. There was a story. I'm sure that you know very well. You know all the stories that I could possibly mention to you, but there's one about I think it was in I want to say it might have been Russia during the war when they captured a creature and they thought that it was a spy. I probably no better where it was I want to say Russia, but I might be wrong, and where they were trying to get it to talk, and somebody wrote that you know, it was in all respects it looked like a man, but its eyes were that of an animal or something like that. Yeah, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. What do you think about that? That story?
Speaker 1: I think there's a couple of different things going on. I mean, I believe and Matt Prude can actually get a fact check me on this one. I think there's actually two different stories. One the most famous one is Xana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Xana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now Xanna that has has been determined to be actually a human, like a human of African descent. Ah, okay, Doctor Brian Sykes actually the geneticist. He is the guy who determined that based on Xana's offspring. But I think there was another story. Oh that's right, you're correct. Yeah, see, there you go again. You know, Matt, wasn't there another story and besides Xana that had a similar motif.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one that Donna is referencing where they thought the individual was a spy was during some sort of like military operation or occupation. And the name escapes me, but the chief reporting party was something like Karapatian or Kara.
Speaker 3: Pat sounds right, that that sounds right.
Speaker 2: And so that's a fairly well documented case that I think Boris Porsnev brought to attention in his writings and manuscripts that that was later sort of regurgitated by Dmitri Bayanov and Igor Birdseave, etcetera. It's funny because a member had just submitted that story to us saying like, hey, you guys should do a deep dive on that someday. So that was on my to do list to brush up on. So I should have done that before today, but I thought we had.
Speaker 1: Apparently, how would you know it's going to come up? Though?
Speaker 2: But yeah, that is a different story than the Zana story for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, but Donna's no hack ause you can tell, man, she's she's done her homework. And I really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: So absolutely, thanks, yeah, thanks. And there's I can't remember the woman's name, but there was a woman who wrote something like the Origins of was it the Origins of Man? Or something like that? She wrote she did a really really intense deep dive documenting all of these the way that some of these creatures, depending on what country it is in they were called something else, all these sightings, and the way that they were kind of almost part of everyday life long ago and like a common sight to see long ago in certain countries. And she really went in depth doing this study on it and wrote I wish I could remember her name.
Speaker 2: Well, there were quite a few who focused on that sort of a.
Speaker 3: This was a woman like I want to say she was.
Speaker 2: There was Myra Shackley, and there was Marine G. Kaufman, and it might have been Kaufman.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was Kaufman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, those would be the big three would be Myra Shackley, Odett Cherney, and Marigian Kaufman. Who did actually.
Speaker 3: Marie Kaufman, that's the one. Yeah. I read all of her papers on it, and those were really fascinating to me. I couldn't get in. I read them like twice. They were really fascinating. So yeah, in answer to your question, I do plan to go to go overseas and look in to, you know, investigate some of these as best I can. That The problem is, I think that it might have been easier long ago, when they were either more plentiful or just not as afraid to be seen or whatever it was. They seem to have been seen a lot more frequently long ago than they are now, and I don't know what the reason for that is.
Speaker 1: I would imagine that worldwide, the mystery apes, at least in some places, are either retreating to further recluses, you know, a place of refugees further away from people, or they're actually becoming more and more and possibly going extinct in some parts of the world. We just don't know.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask I've forgotten to ask you when I was at your museum with you, what do you think that they are? Because I know everybody kind of has a different opinion on what they are. Meaning, you know, people say, which I don't believe that it's a missing link. My personal opinion is that that's not it. Some people say, you know that there's some kind of alien life form or some kind of alien experiment gone wrong. Some people say it is a true ape. What is your opinion on what they are?
Speaker 1: Well, if we're talking worldwide, I think there's a number of things going on. Like you mentioned the almosty for example, I think the almosty is probably some sort of relic species of Neander Taller Dnisovin or some sort of a more modern hominym essentially. But when you talk about Sasquatches, I think that's a different story. I personally think that they might be some sort of relic. Now, relic is a term in biology that means still surviving in small numbers, and though they were probably once more plentiful, so there's probably I think there are probably some sort of relic paranthropy and like a paranthropist or the Gigantipithecus is still on the table. I don't see a reason to discount that yet or ost likely, because just numerically speaking, it's probably something we have. We don't have a record up in the fossil record at this right because our fossil record is so incomplete. But it's some sort of I think it's some sort of possibly a hominin, which is a fancy word for anything on our family tree since we split off from chimpanzees about six to eight million years ago, but some sort of mystery ape species, and an ape is a very broad term. And just so you know, I'm an ape, you're an ape. We're all apes because I speak about sasquatches biologically. So I think that's probably what they are, is some sort of archaic hominin species that has eked out a living in small numbers here in North America and probably other parts of the world as well. So it's as simple as that.
Speaker 3: That sounds reasonable to me too. I don't know. I'm kind of on the fence about I don't no exactly. I haven't decided in my mind what I think that they are. I just I feel very confident that they do exist. And I know that they're still being seen very frequently, but like I said, it feels like they used to be a more common sight a long time ago than they are now.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know, just because they seem to be pretty common and not common nowadays. But I mean, I got another word yesterday if someone saw one on Saturday up and outside of Ridgefield in Washington.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so that's the since July third, and what is today the seventeenth, that's the third sighting that has come to my ears since July third. So but I mean that's just having an antenna up, you know, and it's like a bright light. The North American Big Percenter is a bright light and the moths come. Basically, you know, there's finally a place locally that we can hear these stories and there's a singular location. Has done a great job with their websites and stuff. And it's one thing to report citing to a website, But when you can go into a place and tell the story to somebody and have them you know, ask questions and bounce ideas and stuff, that's a different thing altogether.
Speaker 3: So that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: You know, no on your show Mithbound. Obviously you go to locations, and I hooked you up with a wonderful witness, the young man who I spoke about his sighting. He actually has had two sightings now in the same general area. I spoke about his sightings on the podcast just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did. Thank you for introducing me to him. By the way, he's just we haven't cut the episode together yet, but we went out there and met with him. It was really late at night, and he's just the most lovely kid. And I say kid. I think he's seventeen, but that to me, that's a kid. And to me, yeah, yeah, yeah, me too. So we met him with his dad. His dad came out and he took us. He drove us out, we followed him. It was really late, I want to say, it was like one am or something to something like that. We're driving down this dirt road in deep into the woods and we keep going and going. There's no light source other than our headlights, and it's just pitch black, and we keep going. We're driving for I don't know. We had to have been driving for a good twenty minutes into the dense woods. We were out there and we finally got out and he got out with his dad and he's like, he's just so sweet and just a sweet, lovely, innocent, very honest kid, and you know, slightly shy, but totally happy being on camera. And he was showing us the two areas where he experienced two different sightings, and one of them was when he had been tent camping, I guess with some of of his friends and he was inside one of his tents, if I'm getting if I'm remembering his story correctly, and one of his other friends in a separate tent, stepped out of his tent and saw something huge leaned over and he was like shaking and rattling the tent and the person, the friend that was in the other tent saw it from the back, saw this creature from the.
Speaker 1: Back, and it was Yeah, was in a truck. Actually he was a truck. He was sleeping in the path in the driver's seat of his truck.
Speaker 3: He was saying how scared he was, and he said, I'm not afraid to admit that I actually I think I started crying because I was really scared, and and he was going through that, and then he told he showed he took us to another location because he wanted to go back out there. This is how brave he was after seeing that and being that scared and experiencing that, he went back out there. I think he said he was alone and he wanted to see it again. And I'm like, I cannot believe you were that brave to come all the way out here in the middle of the woods again after that experience that scared you because you wanted to see it again. And he said, oh, yeah, you know, I wanted to. I just wanted to see if I could see it again. And he saw it again. He's standing there, he heard something behind him and he turned around and there had been, you know, a creature squatting behind sort of a tree, and it stood up. So two sightings by the same person just within I don't remember how far apart. It was within a week or two apart, and.
Speaker 1: A little bit longer. That's that. First sighting was I think March twenty first ish or something like that, and the last one was, oh yeah, like three weeks ago, four like a month ago. But the distance was only a mile a mile and a half between.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, And you know, Interestingly, the road that took you down to where they had tent camped somebody. We weren't able to pass through because somebody had taken I guess a back hoe and they had dug a giant trunch going straight across that strip of dirt road and built this giant mound of dirt that was impassable by a car. Yeah, so we were standing there. He was very confused because he said that that hadn't been there just even a couple of days before, because he had gone back out there and it was impassable. We couldn't drive down there with the car. So by now it's like two am, and he's wanting to run down, like run around that dirt mound on foot and run down to the site. And we were like no, no, no, this is he's a brave little guy, and we had to stop him because he wanted to go down there and see, you know, see if the site was still there or if somebody had messed it. I don't know, but we stopped him because we were like no, no, no, we need to stay together. And so we couldn't go down and see the actual spot. But we were just around the corner from where they had tent camped.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. Will be right back after these messages. Now, when you go out to film in one of these episodes, I know you're talking to witnesses, You're going to the locations. Do you do any field work yourself out there? Like are you trying to attract sasquatches to you or UFOs or a ghost or any of this stuff. Are you trying to encounter one for yourself or just investigating the stuff that has been done by their people.
Speaker 3: For the most part, I'm just investigating. I would love to see something for myself, but I'm just kind of going there and talking to people and seeing where it is they saw what they saw. I'm actually going to be going to Lake Champlain with a woman named Katie Elizabeth, who has been researching Champ up there. The Lake Champlain lake Monster that is, you know, there's a legendary lake monster there similar to Lockness and sort of the foremost investigator that's been investigating Champ for about fourteen years. Her name's Katie Elizabeth. She's agreed to meet with me. She has a boat she's going to take us out on sown our equipment and stuff like that, and we're going to go out at night and actually you see if we can see anything. So that's really going to be my first experience doing what you just described and kind of doing some field research. As of right now, I've mostly just been kind of investigating and talking to people and checking things out.
Speaker 1: Well, now, correct me if I'm wrong. I think that when you and the crew were at the shop there, didn't you say you maybe heard something in Ohio?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I did, and I did tent camp overnight there just to see if I could hear anything. We did go out and look around late at night, eleven twelve o'clock at night, looking to see what we could see. But during the day the prior day before I tent camped that night when we went out to this place called Headwaters Trail, which is where there were some reports there was kind of what they were calling in the press a bigfoot flap in Ohio. There was a little controversy surrounding it. Some people thought that it was really happening and some people didn't because of the sources. But we decided to I wanted to go out and check it out. Anyway, just just because you never know. And we went out to Headwaters Trail in the middle of the day where some of the sidings had happened, and my cameraman was maybe fifty feet away taking some b roll of the Headwaters Trail sign while my director and I went and walked out onto the trail, and while the we weren't miked at the time, but the cameraman was filming the sign with audio running about fifty feet away. As soon as Shane and I stepped out onto the trail, we then probably I don't know, thirty seconds, there was this howl that happened that came right out of the thick part of the woods that was right in front of us. It sounded incredibly loud, and it sounded like it was right there. It really it startled us. I jumped, and it's hard to describe this sound, but thankfully the caraman fifty feet away captured it on audio. But it's not as loud as we heard it standing right in front of it, but it's there. And so we played it on in the episode several times because you know, I wanted to know what viewers thought of that sound. To me, it was like a cross between the sound of how can I describe it, like sort of a cross between the sound of a coyote howl and an ambulance siren, but lower and more loud, if that makes any sense. It was there's no there were no dogs there or coyote. It was in the middle of the day. It was definitely not a coyote. It wasn't a siren. It was something animal and it just had did that one extremely ear piercing howl and then nothing again.
Speaker 1: And it actually you can actually hear the sound in the episode though, you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I play it several times in the episode. I told him to repeat it over and over so people could hear it. Yeah, so it's in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is. It could be something, it could be nothing, but it was startling. I've never heard a sound like that before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's going to you know, of course, as far as the quote unquote flat goes or whatever. That's just how that thing was marketed. But luckily Ohio is such a squatchy state to begin with that like, it's not going to disappoint. You can go there and find sasquatches. You know, I wouldn't call the last you know month, there being a sighting flap here in the National Forest. It's just it's a good bigfoot spot and their sasquatches around Ohio is one of those places that will not disappoint if you go there and poke around in the woods for a while and keep your years open.
Speaker 3: So when I tent camped overnight, first of all, it was unbelievably cold. I didn't know how cold it was going to be, but it was pretty cold.
Speaker 1: And I, by the way, not to interrupt, but in the first place, it may be cold, but in the first place, you were at a weird vocalization the day before and then you have to go out and camp. How fun is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know, I know, I know, And you know I'm no stranger to camping because I'm mountain climb and I sort of I'll camp out on in the upper parts of mountains overseas for you know, a week or two at a time, So I'm no stranger to that. Yeah, and I like it. I dig it. But this was different because even though it was cold and I'm used to the cold, to tent camping in the cold in the mountains, this was just it was a little more. It was unsettling. It was it was a cross between exciting and scary to be tent camping overnight where supposedly all these reports and bigfoots have been seen, and where earlier that day we had heard that sound. It was you know. Of course I had my crew not far away. They weren't right there with me, but they were like staying in an airbnb nearby. But yeah, I was a little It was scary, but I was also excited too, And I couldn't tell if my shivering in the tent was because I was colder because I was scared. But either way, I made it through the night, and I unfortunately didn't hear anything that night. I didn't see anything, but you know, it was just one night, so what can you expect?
Speaker 1: Oh, how fun? That sounds like a good BOD episode.
Speaker 3: It was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: So we'd covered a little bit about the Sasquatch thing. You mentioned you're going to be doing a Lake Monster episode. Now, clearly there's a lot of UFO stuff, UAP stuff going around right now, and am I am I correct in my research that you claim to have seen a UFO at this point.
Speaker 3: Yes, this was a long time ago.
Speaker 1: I got to tell us about that. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, I will tell you about it then. And this is only probably the third time I've even spoken about it, and I only went public with this maybe two months ago. For the first time. I haven't really talked about it at all. Yeah, So, okay, this was in I'm going to say it was two thousand and four. My son was around eleven or so, and it was night. It was late at night at the time. We lived in a Gora Hills. I don't know if you know what that is. It's sort of north of La I had. I was on a forty acre piece of property and it was out in the middle of my driveway was a mile a winding one mile driveway with a gate at the very top. So we never heard any road noise, We never heard cars. It was very silent out there. So I'm washing dishes at the sink and you know, there's like a little bay window there at this sink that overlooks the driveway, and I heard this sort of a low rumble that in my mind, the first thing I thought of was that it sounded kind of like a distant motorcycle. And like I said, we didn't hear road noise there, so if we heard any kind of motorized vehicle, that meant they were on my one mile driveway coming to my house. And I wasn't expecting anybody, and I hadn't opened the gate for anybody, so I was a little confused. So I was like, I sat Ryan. I said, Ryan, my son, I said, go out and see who's coming up the driveway. So he went out there and I continue washing dishes, and then after a couple of minutes, I hear mom. So I look up from the sink out the window and my son is standing on the driveway with his arms at his side and his head looking straight up into the sky. And I said, Ryan, what's going on? And he said, come out here. So I went out. I went right up to him, and I looked up to see what he was looking at, and there was this object up there. And now at this point, Cliff, I'm not a big believer in alien life in UFOs at that time. And I looked up and we lived in a huge house. I had a sixty five hundred square foot house. This object was twice easily twice the width of my house and it was maybe I'm going to guess, I don't know, fifty or one hundred feet above the roof of my house. Low. It was low, it was very low, and it was moving so slowly. I didn't understand how it was remaining airborne because it was going so slow. But it was enormous because it was so big, I couldn't see the sides of it to tell you what kind of shape it was, and it was just dark, and I remember just staring at it with my son. We weren't able to talk. I didn't feel I'm not going to say I felt frozen or something were like under control, but I don't know if it was because I was in shock or what it was. But we weren't able to speak, and I wasn't able to look away from it, and it just continued slowly, slowly, moving across the roof of the house and out into the distance until it was just a light. And then when it got to the point where we couldn't see the actual craft anymore, it was just a light. That light split into two and went in opposite directions very quickly. And then when that happened, we were able to look at each other and say, did you just see it break into two and my son's nodding, and we were just stunned. I didn't know what to think.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages. This happened a while ago, a number of years ago. How has this changed you? Because certainly a weird experience like seeing something I had right about your house and then with a punctuation mark of it splitting in two and being even weirder at the end, that probably has had some sort of effect on the way you approach things or think about things, or something like that.
Speaker 3: Right, How is that it kind of met and then we're There were a couple of other things that happened in the couple of weeks after that as well, and it just kind of at the time, I tried to put it out of my mind, to be honest with you, because it was messing with my with my religion and my religious thoughts, and I didn't I couldn't reconcile things in my head what I had seen with what my current beliefs were at the time, and so I just chose to sort of put it to the side and try not to think about it for a long time, for years, and you know, when I would tell people friends of mine, you know, selectively tell friends of mine who believed in you know, UFOs and alien life and stuff about it, they wanted to hear more and they're like, oh, that was this kind of ship and that kind of ship, and you know, you saw a UFO. And I was like, well, I don't think I want to tell anybody anymore because I'm not sure where I stand on I know it's an outdated to say UFOs, but that's what I still call them. It's just you know, where I stood on UFOs. I've gotten a lot more open minded in more recent years, to the point where I think that I've decided that was definitely not something military, and it was something that was not human in my mind, But I don't know what I still don't, to be honest, I don't know what these things are. I don't know if it's you know, necessarily something from another planet extraterrestrial, or if it's something that's terrestrial but not human, you know, meaning in our vast ocean that nobody knows everything that's in the ocean. Is it in the ocean, Is it in the earth somewhere. Is it a different dimension, Is it something from the future. I don't know. Is it demons? I don't know what these things are, but I just know that that I saw something that, in my opinion, was not made by humans.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, when you start fiddling about in any sort of weird subject, whether it's bigfoot or UFOs or any of these things, you kind of have to be okay with a lack of resolution, right. I think you know, if you need if you're the kind of person that needs things all tied up in a neat bow at the end of everything, these are not the gigs for.
Speaker 3: You, right right right?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, but you know the little side paragraph here. I happened to watch Disclosure Date this past week for the first time. Have you seen that?
Speaker 3: I have not seen it, but I was thinking I might like to How is it?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know, I think you would like it. I think it's it was a little slow for a lot of it, but like it delivers at the end, and your description of what you just shared and how it has affected what you think in some ways, and just the questions that it brought up, and you know, not that you've come to new decision. All of that reminded me very much of the movie. So you might want to go check it out.
Speaker 3: It's definitely when I was check it out, Okay, I definitely will. Thanks. Thanks, I will check it out because and you're right, I don't have to reconcile things in my head. But and it's okay to have questions linger because that's what drives my curiosity and I enjoy being a curious person. But I'll never forget that. I remember it like it happened yesterday. And I was talking to my son a couple of months ago about it, and he remembers it. He remembers it very vividly. Also, he was old enough to you know, he was eleven and he's he's older now, but he remembers it very well. So it was nice that I experienced it with him because if it was just me, you know, it would be easy for people to write off as either A I'm making it up or B I hallucinated, or you know, it was you saw a blimp at night and it was you know, you mistook it for an aircraft of some kind. But since my son was there and we both share the same exact memory, it's kind of nice to have that element as part of this memory.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because there would always be something I imagine in your mind, like did I hallucinate? Like would I blink out for a minute that I you know? Yeah, yeah, Well have you done UFO episodes of Mythbound I have?
Speaker 3: I have. I went to the Area fifty one area outside of Area fifty one. Yeah, we went there. I'd never been to that area. There's a whole lot of nothing there in Rachel, Nevada, and we experienced some pretty unusual stuff there. There was you know, I've heard about I think we've all heard about the Camo dudes in white pickup trucks, and we encountered those. There was one of them that chased us away from the area, and that was scary. But I was again with my team, which is all men, and I felt, Okay, we met this this little guy that works at there's this motel there called the Little Aley Inn.
Speaker 1: Oh I've seen pictures yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So he works there, I think maybe in the cafe or something. They have a nice cafe there, and he was telling us all kinds of stuff. He's been there for years and he's seen a lot of stuff. That sounds some of the stories he had sound far fetched. But this this guy struck me as a very straight shooter that didn't make stuff up. You know, again, I could be wrong, but he's seen some unusual stuff. And he shared a video that he took of a UFO that was coming over the mountains from the Area fifty one direction, and he shared the video with us and he let me put it on my episode, which was nice. Yeah, but it was We drove up to the famous back gate of Area fifty one and got out and sort of stood there and we took some video and some photos and that was really cool. Nobody popped out, nobody chased us away from that gate, but they were chasing us away from this We were trying to locate this site where apparently the locals say that that something crashed and the military was claiming that it was a military drone that had crashed. The locals think it was something else that they're covering up. So we're going out to try to find that when the the CAMEO dude showed up and started chasing us. So, yeah, you're getting a.
Speaker 1: Mischievous aren't you.
Speaker 3: I know, that's pretty cool. I've been having a really really amazing time going and checking out all these things that I've only ever read about or heard about or watched on YouTube and now getting to see them firsthand is is quite an amazing experience. And your research, your your Bigfoot center, by the way, is way on up there, because that was for me one of the highlights of all of the episodes I've done. Believe it or not, it's really it's really impressed upon me, and I'd like to go back.
Speaker 1: Well, as I said, you have an open door policy. Whenever you need to be there for.
Speaker 3: You, I'll be there, thank you.
Speaker 1: I've spoken briefly about the Bigfoot thing and the UFO stuff, but the other item of that trilogy, I suppose, or trinity maybe for lack a better term, our ghosts, you know, because it was like the big three paranormal things or whatever, if you want to group them into paranormal. And I have zero interests and ghosts. I've had a couple ghost experiences. I didn't like them. I hope I never have another. Are you dabbling and that sort of stuff too? And what are your thoughts on that thing?
Speaker 3: I have done a few episodes on supposedly haunted places I'm probably not going to do anymore, not because it was scary or anything, but because I don't know. Cliff, I'm not I'm not big on haunted stuff and ghost type stuff. It's just I think it's not I feel in my heart of hearts when I'm standing in these places that are supposedly haunted. To me, the sensation I get is that what people are experiencing is something demonic, and it makes me feel very unsettled. I don't necessarily believe. I know that people may not agree with my beliefs on this, but I don't necessarily believe that these what people are seeing as ghosts are spirits of people who once lived. To me, all of it is demonic, and so I don't feel comfortable dabbling in that area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel you like I look at I don't really watch the show, so I don't really believe TV is what it comes down to. But I know some of these people who actually go do this sort of stuff through conventions and stuff, and I think that they're telling me the truth and what they've experienced and seen whatever else because I know them personally, and I just think to myself, what in the world are you even thinking right doing something like this, you know, like an ape in the woods, I can wrap my head around, and they say the same thing to me. They think I'm nuts for looking for giant apes in the woods, you know, but like, why would you fiddle with something like that? You know that something is completely out of the realm of the exact rate.
Speaker 3: Exactly, And I feel like it could open if it is, if I'm right, and it's demonic. I feel like you're opening yourself up to something very bad, like entering your life through being around that type of stuff. So I just don't want to. I don't want to play with fire, and it makes me feel uncomfortable, so I'd rather go, you know, focus on other things. And you know, one of them is you know, supposed prehistoric animals that that that people believe are still alive today. There's places in the Congo where people have supposedly seen a living long necked dinosaur living, you know, tribal people and so things like that. I don't I don't necessarily, you know, I'm going to say I believe that there's a long dinosaur living in the Congo, but I'm also going to not going to say I don't believe that's true because I don't know everything. We don't know everything. The Congo's largely unexplored, just like our oceans. People don't know what's down there. And you know, I kind of tend to trust tribal people that don't watch television and don't you know, read newspapers and they don't have computers or phones when when they say that they see something, I feel like that's probably what they saw or something like it. So I'm open to looking at things and going and seeing what people say they've seen, and those kinds of things fascinate me. Who knows what's true?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd rather dabble in the physical instead of the metaphysical or.
Speaker 3: You know, the metaphysical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparitions and all that sort of stuff, and that I'll leave that to people who are you know, are crazy enough to care.
Speaker 3: From now on, I think that I'm with you on that. I'm not going to do.
Speaker 1: Any Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. Will be right back after these messages. Something I just picked up on. Of course you've done it twice now that I've noticed, and I absolutely love it. And you say supposedly I think that's absolutely fantastic, because skepticism, even when you're advocating for like these things probably or possibly being there, being there, you're looking into this stuff, you're spending money going to investigate this stuff and making short films about it, and you're still saying supposedly, which I absolutely love, because there's so much BS nowadays. Were just drowning in information, you know, and so it's hard to tell up from down what's AI and what's not. And I love that you were keeping that skepticism about you.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you have you done any paranormal stories that you thought might be ridiculous and and and on the flip side of that, until you looked into them and thought, oh my god, there's something here, or if you just thought it was ridiculous and therefore you didn't do the story on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well there's one. There's one I did, and it sounds on its face completely ludicrous, and I went in with high, high skepticism. It was again in Ohio, and it's this legend of in in Loveland, Ohio, of the frog Man. Okay, Now, when I thought about this, okay, I heard about this, I saw some videos about it, and I was like, Okay, this sounds completely ridiculous. You know, you know those tabloid mag magazines that you see, you know, alien hybrid has been found in you know what are on the front page of these tabloids.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I love them. I love them.
Speaker 3: I founded me too. So you know, half crocodile, half human baby found in the So I immediately thought of that. I'm like, okay, a frog man. But I was like, well, you know, I'm trying to keep an open mind. And the reason I went ahead and went and met somebody up there about it was because I read about it and apparently the witnesses were active duty police officers. So I was like, okay, well I'm going to go and see what's going on here. So I went up and I talked to someone up there who's kind of the local frogman expert. And again high skepticism on my part. Okay, that the sound the name just sounds so silly.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that sentence before, like the local frogman experts. Those are the words I've never put in combination.
Speaker 2: Before.
Speaker 3: So I'm talking to him. This is a really level headed guy. He's a he's a cartographer, he makes Max. He's a really intelligent, you know, well spoken guy, and and I'm talking to him. You know, I was expecting to meet some you know, kind of kooky guy or something. No, this is a very intelligent person. So I'm I'm talking to him, and he's We're going to each of the three locations where there were three different sightings in the past. There were actually four sightings on record, but a lot of people when my episode came out, commented that they'd seen it, and their sister's seen it, and their husband's seeing it and so so. But the documented ones that I could find, there were four. I went to the three different locations associated with those four sightings and he walked me through it, and he's explaining to me that two of the sightings were from two separate sidings unrelated, were from active duty police officers. One of them saw three of these frogmen late at night. He pulled over his police cruiser, got out, he drew his weapon and fired at them because he didn't he didn't know what they were. They looked like a half frog, half man walking on two. I mean, it sounds crazy for me to even have him out of my mouth, sounds crazy, but when I was talking to him and I'm looking at these you know, reports that these police one of the police officers went into high He never would talk about it again. He like went on record saying what he saw once and then would never give an interview again. He didn't want to talk about it. He refuses to, you know, to say anything.
Speaker 1: And uh.
Speaker 3: And then there were you know, there was those two impressed me because they were they were police officers. Then there was a third siding where these two this this young couple was playing Pokemon Go out by some lake, a local lake that feeds the stream where or the sort of the river where these two different police officers had seen what they described. One of them even but I think they both drew them. They sketched them what they saw, and I went to the exact spot where these frog men were seen standing. So the young couple that were playing Pokemon Go, they took a short video and photo of this thing in the water. It's obviously it's very blurry, it's not extremely clear. It was it was at night, so it's kind of pixelated and it's easy to discount. But when you combine it with the two police officers, I was like you know, I'm not going to say I believe that there's a frogman, but it was worth looking into because I don't know. Something's there's something about having two police officers go on records saying that they saw this frog man and one of them shot at it and stuff. That is it's intriguing to me.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be It sounds weird to say, but it doesn't. Maybe it doesn't have to be real to be fascinating, you know, because it is real. It is a fact that these two police officers say they saw that, and that in itself is very odd. And then of course he's these other witnesses that you mentioned playing Pokemon Go and whatnot, kind of supporting those other claims by the police officers, and that enough is an interesting mystery to look into.
Speaker 3: But interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you aware of the claims of people seeing lizard people?
Speaker 3: I think I have heard of something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Our good friend Lyle Blackburn, who's a very solid bigfoot researcher. He's also an amazing author and he has a podcast of his own. He has written an entire book on the lizard man sort of phenomenon, and he sit straight from his mouth. I don't know if they're real or not, but it is real that people say they see these things, and so I thought it'd be a great book topic. So he did research and dug into it. It might be worth your time checking that out.
Speaker 3: Is there a certain area where this is supposed to be taking place.
Speaker 1: I didn't read the book because I don't believe the reel or anything like that, but I think it's the South, right, mostly the South.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the book was focused on primarily a series of cases in central South Carolina, in the sort of midlands area. And I have to say with the Loveland Frogman, there's an amazing artist named Easton Hawk, and he's at a lot of the events that we do. He's always a crypto con and he sells this amazing Loveland Frogman poster that he drew.
Speaker 1: I have a copy of it.
Speaker 2: My buddy Scott got it for me, and I've gotten a few other pieces from Easton. But it's one of the coolest pieces of like cryptid art out there. So I'll put a link in the show notes. People will we love it, Emily and I have it in a frame on the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, who knows there's a lot that we don't know in the world, and some of it sounds, you know, a little are fetched, but who knows. Who knows? I don't know. I don't know everything, and I don't claim to know everything. Maybe it's real. I really don't know. I know that one of the police officers, going back to the frogman, the one that said he shot it and that it got away, that I guess he didn't kill it or whatever, later changed his story because he started being made fun of quite a bit by the local community, and then he said, okay, well I actually killed it. I shot it. When I shot it, I killed it, and I put it in my truck. Turns out it was it was just an iguana that was missing its tail. So, I mean, I don't know how you can mistake a frogman that you draw as a half frog half man into suddenly now it's just an iguana that was missing its tail. I don't know. So that was just all weird. It was weird but interesting.
Speaker 1: Well it's totally fun, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Very fun.
Speaker 1: That sounds like it'd be a very fun episode of Mythbound there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was good.
Speaker 1: So speaking of Mythbound, I mean, do you have any like wish lists like like, oh, we got you already mentioned you want to go overseas and look for some stuff, like what are some of the mysteries that you would love to really delve deep into? As far as Mythbound goes, I'd really love.
Speaker 3: To go explore and investigate the honesty. That's what's high on my list. I don't know why. I've just always been very fascinated by that. I'd like to go, you know, in Papua New Guinea. I don't even know if I'm pronouncing that correctly. There are local tribal people who claim to see some sort of giant winged creature there that I'd love to They've been saying it for for decades, and I'd love to go down and just talk to some of them. I'd love to go to Lockness. I'd love to go to the Pyramids and explore, you know, some mystery surrounding the Great Pyramids. Those are all really high on my list.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems like Mythbound is being successful. I mean, you're creating more followers every single day, and I know that a lot of our like I said, I think a lot of our listenership would really enjoy watching this sort of stuff. So hopefully it'll have continued success over the years and will enable you to go check out some of these wish lists weird things, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean. Thank you, thank you for a great time. I'm really enjoying it. And yeah, it's growing. I mean, it's only been up for maybe four months and it's doing really well. I'm very happy with it and whether it does well or not, which it is doing well, but I'm just having the best time of being able to go and talk to people and kind of investigate some of these things that have always intrigued me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely. And of course science will catch up to some of these and some of them probably never. I think some of the stuff might be unprovable at the end of the day, which is also an interesting perspective to take, that something is out there that is real in a way, but we'll never know how.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, it is. Okay, it's okay. You don't have to prove everything. I think that's you know, that's kind of part of the fun of it.
Speaker 1: All too fantastic. Okay, So anything else you want to mention before we part ways here, Donna.
Speaker 3: I don't think so I think that's good. I think I'm really happy that I was able to come on here because it's just your a wealth of information, and I love how open minded you are about about, you know, all topics. I'm the same way, and this has just been great and I really am grateful to you for having me on your show.
Speaker 1: Now you hear that, listener, she called me open minded about all topics. That's not something I'm accused of very often. Very good. Well, Donna, thank you so much for coming on. And I really did enjoy the podcast today and also enjoyed having you in the museum and showing you around. And again, I was impressed on the knowledge that you had about my favorite subject, Bigfoot in general, and I am happy to help you with whatever episodes you might need my services for in the future. So you slept me.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: That's about it, folks, Bobo is not here, So hey, Donna, do me a favor. Could you tell our listeners to keep it squatchy?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, thanks guys, and keep it squatchy.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond