Speaker 1: The views expressed in the following program are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Saga nine sixty Am or its management.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday, and you know what that means.
Speaker 3: Ringside Heat is on the air on news Talk Saga nine sixty AM and your favorite Codcatcher, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Lextan, host the producer of the show. You can follow me at Lextan Media. You can follow the show at Ringside Underscore. Today, March eighteenth, twenty twenty six is Ruthless, Echoes, Chris at Chaos and three sixteen forever. Last Monday was in March sixteenth, effectively affectionately rather known as three sixteen Day, in honor of our very own stone called Steve Austin. And I call him a very own stone called Steve Austin. What because what? That was his catchphrase? And that was that That's what made him great? What that person saying what? What is Chico? And his and his Instagram handle is at Cocoa collects Chico.
Speaker 2: How you doing what? And I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: It was a cool little three sixteen day. They what they honored him on raw what with a couple of promos what but nothing really direct? What because Stone Cold Steve Austin, what is comfortable? What putting the Stone Cold what persona behind him?
Speaker 2: Mmmm? Yeah, so that was cool.
Speaker 4: He was interviewed on Busted Open this past Monday during three sixteen Day in the morning, and it's interesting because he seemed like more at peace than I've ever heard him with, kind of having the Stone Cold era behind him in his life, almost like whether or not you could you kind of almost assume that whether or not he got the call from WWE to show up on RAW on Monday, maybe he didn't even answer the phone, or maybe he didn't care to answer the phone or something. Apparently he's got many things going on, like racing and things like that. So good for him that he's sort of seems to be at peace with just moving on. Because if there was a time for Austin to have shown up on a three sixteen Day this year would have been it because it was on a Monday night, the March sixteen thing, and it was in Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could not have had a more ideal set of circumstances for Stone Cold to do a run in and maybe do a couple of stunners, or at least do some sort of entertaining segment with oh, I don't know, maybe Dan.
Speaker 2: So that would have.
Speaker 4: Been fun, but it just seemed to me like Steve Austin is plenty comfortable just moving forward with his life.
Speaker 2: And also also a fun story here.
Speaker 3: We were talking in the chat with the rest of the former members of the Ringside heat Wrin crew and they mentioned as well that one of them call him, actually mentioned that at work he had to call a man named Stephen Austin, which is great on March the sixteenth.
Speaker 4: For yeah, that's great. Yeah, what a quinky think it is? Yes, yes, yes, and yeah, and it's great because well now we have we have a new version of that catch phrase of course, because Dan Housen gave out some some shirts via shirt cannon, like the shirt bazooka, and then he and then he introduced Cannon Housen with multiple shirts.
Speaker 2: So that was fun.
Speaker 4: And after that he said, since it's a very nice day. Then he dropped the line he said, Dan house in three sixteen says I just cursed your ass.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's great, and then he ran off.
Speaker 4: The lights went out and the lights went on again he was still running, and then audibly he said, oh, they can hear me too.
Speaker 5: See it's it's and that's the thing like if again we've said this before, but we'll say it again, if there's any company that knows what to do with a Dan Housen, it's w w E.
Speaker 4: And I did have that feeling from the very beginning, even when he went to AEW. I kind of figured, since they're they're more quote unquote sports focused and more more focused on the moves and you know, earning a earning a really bafflingly bafflingly meaningless five star rating. Uh, you know, since that's what the owners focused on, I guess they're all focused on that. I knew they weren't gonna last very long trying to use dan Housen. So it's not that surprising to me because dan Housen is sports entertainment exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: That's that that that's what that That's one of the reasons why WWE has survived through all of these years is because it's not just the sports. It's not just the it's not just the moves. It is the entertainment aspect of it. No matter if people. No matter what people will say about the way that Vincent made handled things in that sort of way, the one thing you can give him is that.
Speaker 2: He knew that it was sports entertainment.
Speaker 3: And that's something that we will get into a little bit later on the show when we go deeper into these stone cold Steve Austin memories and recollections and and things like that. But I want to talk about UH, let's start. Let's let's start it off first with the ww SmackDown. And because so called Steve Austin, UH calls Steve Austin kind of like all it advertinally started the ruthless Aggression era because he took his ball and went home and Vince McMahon challenged the w w E superstars on Raw at the time, do.
Speaker 2: You have ruthless aggression? Which John Cena drink some water there? I think there's something in your throat.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybehn okay, But but but John Cena himself responded in his first day of uh it's his first day on the main roster, up against Kurt Angle and saying what does he what? And in response to uh to Kurt Angle asked him what does he have? And he also answered ruthless aggression. So uh there you there, there, there you go. I mean, uh, that is something that is prevalent, I guess, and is that uh with that connect Stone Cold and John Cena, uh and in the I didn't arguably to the greatest superstars of all time, and we'll also uh connect that to one of the greatest superstars of this particular generation of w W.
Speaker 2: Wrestlers and superstars.
Speaker 3: Randy Orton makes a returns and shows the world that he still has ruthless aggression even though they didn't say ruthless aggression on the on the broadcast. I call it ruthless aggression because the contract for WrestleMania between for the Championship match between Randy Orton and Cody Roads was officially signed and then Orton snaps a vicious attack on Cody Roads with note theatrics just violence. This isn't just this is the legend Norton anymore. This is predator Orton and he has and now Cody Roads is no longer just chasing destiny. He's got to survive destiny now.
Speaker 4: So basically, welcome to the third or fourth annual. Let's bloody up Cody Roads. On the Road to WrestleMania.
Speaker 3: Yep, why not? I mean, like, hey, it worked the last three years if it ain't broke right exactly.
Speaker 2: So yeah, let's let's recount a little bit.
Speaker 4: Take us take a little trip on memory lane the past couple of WrestleManias or so.
Speaker 2: So let's go.
Speaker 4: So last year, I'm fairly sure Sina did a number on on on Cody Roads. Oh yes, in Toronto.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, punched him with a watch, got him a bloody yes he did.
Speaker 4: Which they pay tribute to. In Mattel's upcoming Ultimate Edition Series thirty one release of John Cena, there is an alternate hand with a like watch wrapped around the hand. Yep, yes, yes, yes, yes, that's pretty cool. The only problem is, and I've seen a couple of pictures of it, the watch is unpainted, so it looks like it's just flesh colored. But hey, you know, I still want a memento of that night it having been in Toronto.
Speaker 2: That heel turn, so to go with all the.
Speaker 3: Other momentos that we've gotten from that night John, the John Cena shirt, the fake John Cena shirt?
Speaker 2: What else do you have?
Speaker 4: I bought the little Elimination Chamber twenty twenty five pl E Souvenir Mini Belt.
Speaker 2: That's right, you did, That's that's right you did. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I almost bought the top Snow card too. About the heel turn, so, I mean, too bad I didn't get it, but that would have been fun.
Speaker 2: But I haven't seen a couple of them have to be marketplace, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mind getting that too, but then, like you know, I'm I'm already pretty happy with my puppy, the fourteenth Tops cards, so.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's pretty cool. So but we're not talking about national Trading card data. That's not up yet for another couple of weeks or so. So yeah, I don't know how we got to talk about John c and oh yes, bloodying up Cody Roads on an annual basis en route to the WrestleMania main event that he's part of.
Speaker 2: So yeah, John Cena bloody Cody Rhoads.
Speaker 4: And then before that the Rock bloodied him, and then before that, I'm pretty sure Roman Rains got him too, before that wrestlmingd at thirty nine confrontation maybe.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and and and and here's the thing. It's like, as as we joked around the board. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But at the same time, it's like it's like it does put Cody Rhodes in a more sympathetic position. And when you are the when you are the face going into WrestleMania, you want you you obviously want the casual fans to know that you know that you that that that uh who is rooting for?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly who's the good guy? Who's the bad guy?
Speaker 3: And right now, h Randy Orton in his I mean he's having I love the fact that Randy Orton is having so much fun as the legend Randy Orton and living it up, and he's had he's lived it up over the over the past little while being you know, the being the fan favorite because you know that, thanks to the Internet, r KOs out of Nowhere memes were great, right and still and and and are still fun. So whenever you see Randy Orton pull a pull an r k O out of Nowhere, it is obviously gonna be you know, it's obviously gonna get a huge pop no matter what it is. But at the same time, now I just think that Randy Orton is such a natural heel and yes uh uh and ever since he was doing the h before he became the legend killer uh, when he was just just just just playing old vanilla Randy Orton, blue trunks and uh and hair on his head, doing the R and end segments, when he was updating people about the uh the injury, the injury to his arm, or very early on in his rookie year as a WW superstar, those pissed me off. I did not like those ones. I still watch them, don't get me wrong, but I just like it just pissed me off, Like, what the hell am I watching this for?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: That entertained me back then. Actually I appreciated that.
Speaker 4: You know, if if if he's got the talent, why not keep him on TV? Which I think? Uh now they do a decent job of. I mean, we're not going to talk about this much, but Chelsea Green was on SmackDown and she made the most out of a few seconds of time backstage where she was hastily disposed of by Tiffany by like just sending the wheelchair off camera right. Yes, reminds me of Tom reminds me of when Cain threw Matt Cardona off the stage.
Speaker 2: On rass so on on the wheelchair as well.
Speaker 4: See you got ahead of me, man, but I was getting there, so you know, like like like wife like husband or something. I guess it runs in that family. And then and then Chelsea even showed up down the ramp after that too, just kind of being a pest during the Tiffany versus h Keana James match, was it, yes.
Speaker 2: Tiffany versus Keanna James.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, so so Chelsea made her presence known and so yeah, sometimes it's kind of good to have an injured superstar still on TV, uh if they can, you know, still get a reaction from the crowd. Sometimes not all the time, Like I'm okay with Kevin Owens, for example, being like gone for a while, it'd be nice to get an update. He needs to eat, he needs the heal though, man, Like yeah, absolutely, yeah, so that's that's a whole different story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, I mean Chelsea was there and even though she's injured whatever. Randy did it back in the day. But yeah, going back to your point about Randy being a natural heel, I was gonna mention that it looks like and he may have even said this off camera to the crowd and look at somebody's Instagram footage of raw or SmackDown. But I think Randy even yelleda like like nine, it's two thousand and nine again, baby or something. I don't know if he said that. I mean, I would think that somebody else should say it for him. I think he should just be like ruthless again and cold and not have to pander like I hope he does less pandering on the road to WrestleMania because he's you know, I think he sincerely means it too, because he's in a more enlightened part of his adult life. So he that's what he was expressing as a as.
Speaker 2: A baby face.
Speaker 4: But now that he's back to kind of being that ruthless viper ready to bite you at any turn, and you know, unleash's venom on you and all that stuff, I think we got to see like a colder Orton again, at least, like while he's on screen. Yeah, yeah, and it's nice. At least they made a line in the sand reference to the old evolution theme.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 4: A line in the sand to make sure to make it simple good guy versus bad guy, you know, and people are still going to cheer for Randy because they have.
Speaker 2: So much respect for him now.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's nice to draw that line between face and heel. Keep it simple, you know, let people have that babyface versus heel match up, and then you know, they could still decide for themselves what to do, but at least you're you're keeping it kind of clear who's the good guy, who's the bad guy? Per se like, you know, so I'm glad that they're doing that. Some people would have wanted it to be Cody, but I think that it's it makes more sense that it's And because he can always snap at any time. He always talks about the voices in his head, why not listen to them now, which he did exactly.
Speaker 3: And an interesting psychological layer I think that is going on here is that Orton seeing Cody as a man trying to complete a story, even though yes, Randy Cody did complete his story before and everything, but then with Orton's mindset is the one he wants to end Cody's story of this kids in this case.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you caught this, but on Monday, Michael Cole was supposed to interview Randy Orton, and so Orton Pops on screen, but he's in the middle of a phone call and it was a mystery caller. So and then he decided to change his mind and tell Cole he's not going to give the interview anymore. So he's playing more into the whole persona of being a heel again. So I like where this is going. I just hope yeah, Orton gets colder again and more calculated and more heelish, because he's just been overtly sugary suite the past few months.
Speaker 3: He has been exactly and and and and and the thing is like, because of the respect that I've gained for or that that that I've had for Orton, uh over the years now, I mean like and it's uh, I haven't I I I haven't really liked Orton a lot for most of his career. But then you know, now that all this time has passed and uh, you know, he's still wrestling at a high level and still can go for another few years, kind of like the way A J styles is and and I guess that's the that's our generation of h uh, like you know, the the the the the the millennial generation of wrestlers, as uh Randy is probably one is probably the first generation millennial wrestler, uh is or first cohort millennial wrestler, like uh uh compared to you know, Gen X and Boomer wrestlers. Uh. You know, the the nutrition and the fitness and the uh and the health, the the the focus on health within the athletics community is just at a different level than it was, you know, for even for for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think that with Orton too. He's one of the best at working smarter, not harder mm hmm. So he knows how to make the the best out of not having to do much physically because and I used to think of all of that as as super boring, and sometimes maybe it still is. But I've come to understand some of the psychology more and more through the years, and I think that Randy is is what they say he is. He's a master at doing that. He's a master of again doing much without having to do much, sorry, doing a lot without having to do much. So he uses the psychology to his advantage, something that in recent years Roman Reigns has learned to do as well, in a different way, at a different level too, But Orton has been doing it for a long time, and so well, I'm glad he's getting the shot. And I don't know about you, but I like that this is going to remain a singles match. Yeah, are you okay with it now or now?
Speaker 3: I am because of the fact that because of the way they're building the different stories with Drew McIntyre and Jacob Fatio and the rest.
Speaker 4: YEP, this is exactly what I had confidence that would happen. So I'm glad that it's so far that it's working well. And in fact, I even hope that Randy wins number fifteen.
Speaker 3: You know, I wouldn't I wouldn't be opposed to that, Honestly, I wouldn't be. I wouldn't be opposed to to Randy taking number fifteen at WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've already seen Cody.
Speaker 3: You know, we've already seen Cody finish his story and all that, and you know it would be and I'm sure that they're going to build up a good moment for Cody if he is going to be slated to win at WrestleMania and retain the championship.
Speaker 2: But there is I mean, they did it for Sena.
Speaker 3: They got Seena his seventeenth and and broke the record, Uh broke the record at WrestleMania last year, and it's uh.
Speaker 2: Might as well put Randy on that road too, right like toward that maybe exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: And I would say that Randy has earned that distinction just as much as John Cena has.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Sena himself recognizes that records are made to be broken. So I'm sure that he, of all people, would not mind if Randy gets close or at least ties him.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they'll they'll have Randy like break Sena's record.
Speaker 2: It could happen, though, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'd like him. I don't know if I want him to break Seena's record. I'd like him to tie it, at least tie Rick Flair.
Speaker 2: Which is the one right under Sena.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, yeah, because and it would be fitting because it would be fitting because it was Ric Flair and Triple H an evolution that that made Batista and Randy Orton who they are today and particularly and so if so, if Randy Orton does have that opportunity and has that health still that he can, you know, convincingly be somebody that could tie Rick Flair's record.
Speaker 2: At this point in his career, I said, do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think at this point you can always get Cody on the chase for a world title, and I think that that there's potentially more story with Randy going forward for WrestleMania's champion.
Speaker 3: M hm and yeah, yeah, I mean when you have when when you bring back the legend killer persona that you know, as you said, you know, taking it back to two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: One thing I like.
Speaker 3: One thing I actually do appreciate what they've been doing with AJ Styles, what they've done with or what they've done with AJ Styles rather what they've done with John Cena and what they've done and what they might be doing with Randy Orton, is that you know, they're giving them their final runs of their careers and or in at least in the back end of their careers, the older age of their careers. But it's not a nostalgia run. I didn't find a nostalgia run from from from AJ Styles. I didn't feel a nostalgia run from John Cena. And I didn't feel and I don't feel that they're going to do in a nostalgier run for Randy Orton because this is not nostalgia. This is a man remembering exactly who he is, and he is a legitd killer with Raspress Ringside Heat on New Stock snat nine sixty am. We're going to take a break, but we're going to come back with talking a little bit more of the lighter side of wrestling. We're gonna start off with Dad and Dan Housen and and his curses.
Speaker 2: We'll be back out to these promotions considerations. Great, this is the little and you're listening to brings.
Speaker 1: Stream us live at SAGA nine to sixty am.
Speaker 2: Dot Ca.
Speaker 7: Yo, bro It is Vince Russo Man and you are listening to Ringside Heat bro at News Talk Saga nine sixty am.
Speaker 3: And welcome back to Ringside Heat on News Talk Saga nine sixty am. And your favorite podcatcher Letan at Lextan Media, Chico at Coco collects Ringside Heat at Ringside Underscore Heat Episode two thirteen here on Saga nine sixty Ruthless Echo's Chris at Chaos and three sixteen Forever And before we continue, congratulations to Venezuela for defeating the United States of America last night at the World Baseball Championship and capturing the title there. Uh you know, in front of a raucous Venezuelan crowd of Venezuelan and fans in Miami. Uh and uh yep uh and uh yeah, you know the happiest faces right now from all those players that represent Venezuela. And what was cool actually, uh Henna Suarez who plays with the Seattle Mariners and was defeated by the Toronto Blue Jays and the a l C s uh uh uh he uh when he was uh yeah, when when when he was being interviewed by mister bow tie man whatever is what what what's his name again?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh my gosh, Ken Rosenthal, that's his name, Ken Rosenthal.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, it was really it was really cool because he was in you know he uh was he he he was praising Jesus uh the entire time when uh uh uh.
Speaker 2: For which of the baseball players named Jesus is Hey, you I think you're thinking of the I think you're thinking of Hesus?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, but then that's cool. Congratulations of Venezuela.
Speaker 3: And and and congratulations to Toronto Blue Jay Andre Simenez who presents Venezuela.
Speaker 2: Who Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Can't wait for the j season to start man so far with all the pre sale tickets, this is the most amount of games I've ever bought tickets for in one season.
Speaker 2: Same, So I don't know it's gonna go.
Speaker 4: It could go real bad or it could go fantastically, but I can't wait for the start.
Speaker 3: Well, we've already we've already bought the tickets. So it's like, you know, now, so the money's out of our hands. It's up to the Blue Jays to make it worth our while. Indeed, but you know what is worth uh? You? We actually before actually before we did the countdown into the segment you were chanting for oh and uh, you know, honestly, I wasn't exactly sold on opa Femi.
Speaker 2: I wasn't. I wasn't. I still feel like he needed some more time.
Speaker 3: To to at least uh that forever, be at least to catch on to his character. But I think that the WWE creative team did a great job of actually just doing that.
Speaker 2: In one segment, it was Brock. You feel the hype a little more now? I do? I do.
Speaker 3: And for those of you who didn't see it, it was Brock Lesner uh taking out all of uh Seth Rawlins. Yeah, Seth Rollins, Buddies and and yes, sorry, the Puddy Patrol, the Puddy Patrol, yes, exactly. Uh yeah, taking all of them out and you know Seth Rawlins was obviously sound massively. It wasn't it was me Austin because you couldn't have done that for three sixteen anyway.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's just it was just pure chaos from brock Lesner. Absolutely no resistance was able to be had by the Puddy Patrol because you know, just brock Lessener is brock Lessner, right, But then Obafemi's music hits one power bomb, that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kept them down for a little while too. Now it was it was kind of cool in terms of the Seth portion of it, not the Putties, but the h like him kind of it's almost like a red herring, like he was gonna be the one to, uh to answer brock Lesnar's open challenge for WrestleMania, because that was still hanging at the time. But then you know, they had their little dust up and brock got rid of his minions and then and then the two of them had a face off, and then the lights went out and those green lasers came on.
Speaker 2: Right, man, It's that what an entrance. Let me tell you.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you get it now, but I've been watching this guy since NXT and OBA on entrance alone, Like the presentation is great, and he's he's definitely made a good go of it on NXC and now the main roster. I think they're doing a good job of transitioning into the main roster.
Speaker 3: So I do a pleasure with one power bomb is definitely a statement.
Speaker 4: And you know what, no matter what anybody says about Brock and whatever other outside stuff, he's he's gotten mixed up in to me, one of the all time greats because he knows how to work with talent that needs to be put over and he won't for those that shouldn't be that he finds that they shouldn't be and he'll just I guess, stubbornly just be the big guy. But he also knows when the right talent has to be put over by him, Like he did such a good job putting over Cody last year or the last two years, so that was part of Cody's like becoming Golden Boy was like Brock really did a lot, in my opinion to solidify that and now he's doing a great service to the next generation by way of Oba Feme. He sold that it out, power bomb, he did, He really did. He sold it for quite a while and then he couldn't even get up. He had to roll out of the ring to get away from it. And then, if you were paying close attention for those who like to to get way too into the unreal side of things, as brock Lesner was down, he shouted at oba Femi, say step on my chest, like you know when you point to the sign, ah, step on me m hm. So brock knows how to make the other guy shine. So like no matter what anybody says, Brock is one of the best at doing that. And I've seen it's way too many times now for me to deny it like Brock is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well here's and also on that end as well, with brock Lesner being somebody who knows how to put over talent, he also knows how to play to the fans because all the times that he's faced off against John Cena, taking him to Suplex City, I think the first match was like he gave c that like all that, like twenty plus German souplexes.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was great too, man, I remember that I was stunned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, no one else. Yeah, it was it was stunning to see that not stunning Steve lost him.
Speaker 3: But uh it was but but but but it was it was the beginning of the end of Superstena.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was you know, contributing to the legacy of Brock Lesner to where he can now give back in times like this past Monday. So at first I kind of went into it thinking, okay, like if Oba answers the open challenge what she did on Monday, Like I felt that he maybe could have used a few more months of build to be facing somebody like Brock. But I'm down with it after Monday, Like, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: With that matchup. Which leads me to believe that either Seth is going to be facing maybe a Vision member or two, maybe in a tag match or something, uh he could, or that he's not actually cleared to wrestle yet.
Speaker 3: I would you know, there's a part of me that will assume that he's not cleared to wrestle, I mean, like not a full match anyway, right, Yeah, yeah exactly. I And and at this point considering that like you know, at the at the time, he wasn't at the time he faked that he wasn't clear to wrestle, and then he did wrestle, and then like shortly after wasn't cleared to wrestle.
Speaker 2: I think he'll need to take a little bit more time.
Speaker 3: So uh And you know what, because Seth rawlins he's still you know, he's still in his thirties.
Speaker 2: He's still got a lot of.
Speaker 3: Gas left of the tank, uh in in this industry and uh and and he's and he's proven that he's.
Speaker 2: A w W lifer as well.
Speaker 3: So we're not going to see where we're not going to have a uh I guess uh a withdrawal period of uh of of Seth. I mean, I honestly can't believe how long he's actually been part of the WW programming all this time now when you look back on it, just like how long.
Speaker 2: He's actually been in the in the company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a whole other topic that I've thought of here and there, Like if you compare a lot of the veterans of today and how long they've been in there, I mean, and then you compare that to back in the day in the Golden Era and the New Generation era and the Attitude era, those three eras were so short compared to stuff that's happened in the last decade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at I mean Stone Cold, Steve Austin, I mean Austin, the Austoin three to sixteen era of what was that night, King of the Ring nineteen ninety five or ninety seven seven?
Speaker 2: Okay, so there you go.
Speaker 3: And then his final match, his final match, his fist final match as in his original run. Oh well, his final match in is in his prime run. I guess you would say that would be Rock Cold for Raw three in two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: So that was what six years yep, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Rock himself he was held when he headlined WrestleMania eighteen at Skydom with hul Cogan. It was he Jim Ross said that was he was only seven years in the industry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and.
Speaker 4: Then he left really the full time wrestling thing two years after that. Yeah, exactly exactly, So that what nine nine years now we have, like all the guys that have been top guys for the past little while have been there for about a dozen of fifteen years each.
Speaker 2: Or more.
Speaker 4: Yes, which is crazy. And yeah, the thought process in my mind, we could we could discuss this another time too, but the thought process in my mind was was, wow, like, it must be a huge challenge to to to you know, right, creative for these people because they've gone through so many iterations of themselves already, and you know, they've been around for more than a decade each as top people, and so yeah, how do you come up with ideas for that long and give them sustained momentum? You know, and with the amount of programming that's been put out compared to the programming back then too, I mean, like the volume of work they have to put out is crazy compared to those like legends and icons of the game from back in the day. Right, So it's just a whole like, it's a crazy comparison to see how wrestling has evolved to how it is today. And again, like you were saying, the medical and athletic standards that we see WWE especially like sticking to. So yeah, I mean, I don't know if Seth's going to come back by Mania. He could And now here's another angle coming out of that that could be possible because this guy that I'm about to mention is a bit of a well in a family with a genetic creak himself. What if broun Breaker is able to come back by Mania and the Seth and bron Breaker thing does happen.
Speaker 3: I would like to see that bron Breaker. I mean, like, I was never a fan of his his dad and his uncle. I just I just never caught onto that. Uh that that gimmick. But bron Breaker also, I'm old, yeah, he's see I'm funking and Roman reigns. Yes, but it is. It is one of those things that Braun has is in a league of his own. And uh, the athleticism for such a big guy, for a hass like that guy to move as fast as a cruiserweight can, Yes, deadly, that's that's amazing, and it's mesmerizing to watch it is it is, And he's not at his peak yet.
Speaker 4: Obviously, he's very young in the game too, so it's exciting for me to see like how he comes back and how much more of a force he's going to be once he comes back. I would very much be okay with with Seth being able to face brown Breaker at this year's Menia. I don't know what kind of match they can put out because they're both healing from things supposedly well, now, Seth's the boy who cried wolf at this point, so anything could be the truth and you don't even know it now, so who knows? By him kind of not answering brock Lesner's open challenge, we could see Seth go right back to the vision and continue one of those stories.
Speaker 3: Ring sacheta new Stalksagama A sixty am. We're going to take a break, but before we do that, really really want to quickly say Dan Housen is three for three on curses. He cursed them is again and this time on the misty segment with Jelly Roll and Kit Wilson. Kit Wilson gets on jelly Rolls nerves and honestly, my nerves so good, so good on you. Kit Wilson accidentally knockings a Jelly Roll choice to hit Kit Wilson and accidentally knocks out them.
Speaker 2: Is three for three for Dan Housen. And that's the way.
Speaker 3: You booked a comedy act in.
Speaker 2: Wrestling takes a good job.
Speaker 3: W W and AW take notes well actually though they're more sports orient did anyway.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know what I'm going to say it again, they're the minor leagues.
Speaker 4: Sorry, eh, you know, you know, let's uh get it wrong.
Speaker 2: We'll be back after these promocial considerations.
Speaker 6: Hello everyone, this is former pro wrestling Slash Sports Entertainment referee Jimmy Corderos, and you're listening to the new voice of pro wrestling Slash Sports Entertainment in the GTA, Ringside Heat right here on News Talk SAGA nine sixty am.
Speaker 1: No Radio, No Problem. Stream is live on so Okay nine six am dot C. A.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, I'm Sean Spears and you're listening to Ringside Heat.
Speaker 3: And welcome back to Ringside Heat on new Stalk SONGA nine sixty am, Lex stand At lextand Media, Ringside Heat, at Ringside Underscore Heat, Chico at Coco, Collects Episode thirteen, Ruthless eCos, Chris at Chaos, and three sixteen forever you can if you tuned in Lake, you can always tune in as well at five pm and nine pm on Wednesdays as well anytime on your favorite podcatcher. Before we get into the Austin to dive back into the stone called Stave Austin Talk, let's also go into h the main event or the or the final segment of ww RAW on Monday on three sixteen day, it was it was the third promo, uh that the third pro segment between See Him Punk and Roman Reigns and Chico go ahead and take it away.
Speaker 4: So, first of all, let's backtrack at the beginning of the night, when Roman Rerains arrived, he had a backstage interaction with his cousins of the Usos which we haven't seen for a while, and he then he then Roman took the camera and did a little call out to all of his Samoan bloodline.
Speaker 2: He said, you guys should all be upset.
Speaker 4: He looked right down the barrel of the camera and declared that you know, my whole family, wherever you are, you should be upset at what Punk said about my father, your uncle, et cetera. So it's almost like he sicked everybody on him. But he also said leading up to WrestleMania and during WrestleMania, Punk is all Roman Reigns is, So he's claiming him as kind of his kill for this, for this little shin dig we're going on here and then so that was kind of cool that that means stories can come out of WrestleMania where Punk is in trouble with all sorts of Samoans too, So like that's going to be like a lot of fun stories, I think.
Speaker 2: And then and then.
Speaker 4: He he kind of just like he left it at that with his brothers with with the USOS, I guess. And he well, he kind of was backstage with them as well, and we had a little taste of the old Bloodline mode where they were sitting in their dressing room and and and being chummy as Bloodline.
Speaker 2: Cohorts and things like that. So that was really cool.
Speaker 4: But then l A Knight, I don't really I didn't really get this way too much. But La Knight is kind of saying if the USO's revert to kind of being with Roman reigns again, that he's not about that. So I don't know where that's going. Uh don't really know where La Knight fits into all this, but whatever, Well, at least he's got something to do, I guess. So yeah, and why not attach yourself to the Samoan dynasty. Yeah, yeah, So then the use it was when their thing, but then it was Punk and Raised at the end of the night.
Speaker 2: Now, of all the things in this war, of words.
Speaker 4: This tit for tat, you know, one upsmanship each week where one person gets the upper hand one week and the other one gets it the next week, et cetera. Of all the things to break CM Punk, to make him throw the first punch on Monday, it's Roman calling him old. I was a little perplexed because that's I feel like that's not something that would really bug Punk because Punk hasn't dyed his hair or anything like. He's just let it become saltmn pepper. So I'm interested to see where it goes. But that is what they presented as the triggering word for Punk at the end of the night. So Roman was all smiles. He looked like he was in heaven down at the bottom of the bottom rope. I mean, you know, while he was just sitting there after taking the punch.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing, because he knew the mind games finally got to Punk that way. And consider that Punk has also already said that he's not going to be here forever. He might be, you know, on he might be on a retirement tour sometime in the nearer future himself.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know that that's.
Speaker 3: Something that that that that that's something that uh, realistically speaking, would be a could be a soft spot for for even a guy like CM Punk because you know, he's he's still you know, he's he still could wrestle, He's still at the top of this game.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: He and his wife are having the time of their lives right now being back in w W E and you know that, and and uh uh but the thing is that at the same time, you know, you're uh, you're going to run into that brick wall that that that that brick wall of that Father Time is set up.
Speaker 2: And you know father father Time is undefeated.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: That's at WrestleMania and wherever else. So that's true.
Speaker 4: I do like that each guy has gotten one up on the other guy, uh each week, and it's not just one person winning it. I like that, Like Punk left Roman kind of perplexed when when Punk pulled the father comment out of nowhere, you know, and then and then and then Roman this time, in retaliation hit him with the old thing and then that's what got him. So it's interesting to me. It's not what I'm expecting. But I love the heat that's.
Speaker 3: Going on right and and and you know, sometimes it's just those little things that that that that that can set you off, because you know, when I think about one of my favorite things that Stone called Steve Austin ever said in a promo headed up into WrestleMania was in what was leading up to the WrestleMania of seventeen, it was the Rock and Steve Austin talking about first talking about Deborah and the Rocks, like, you know, it's like Deborah's Deborah might be my manager, but she's not my responsibility.
Speaker 2: You're responsibility. She's your responsibility, she's your wife.
Speaker 3: And then Stone called Steve Austin uh in that same promo comes back and says, uh it as well. The fact of the matter is Rock, you've got the w w championship or you've got the w w F championship. Because at the time, you've got the w w F Championship and I want it.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's that that that that that's a.
Speaker 3: Simple motivation right there, and the way that they built it up in the ring over those weeks and when you look back on those videos, especially especially since w W e vault Is is putting those out right now, uh and so uh to get that sense of like you know, what what what really led up to this. I mean it's uh uh he's soon called Steve Austin obviously a Mount Rushmore wrestler, Like I think he's the I think he's probably one of the undisputed on the month Rushmore of of a professional wrestling I have to agree. Yeah, uh and so and so to end off the show, we only have a few minutes left here. I would like to talk about him a little bit more. But uh, I mean, uh, this he was. He wasn't just a wrestler, he was he he was a cultural correction, the anti hero blueprint. Uh. He broke the perfect hero mold that had been established by Vince McMahon through Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage when he was a good guy and Lex Luger at least they tried with Lex Luger and Brett they hit man Heart until like you know, until the cracks started to until this transition started to happen. But Steve Austin broke it, broke that perfect hero mold for the WWF, and he made rebellion relatable.
Speaker 2: In that sort of sense.
Speaker 3: And uh and it Uh, I would say I would say, if not for Stone called Steve Austin. Don't get me wrong, the rock coming up afterwards, that that was icing.
Speaker 2: That that that that was.
Speaker 3: You know, a big reason why the WWF won the Monday Night War. But but but it was more icing, I would say, the most amazing icing on the cake that stone calls he's also already baked.
Speaker 2: That's very true.
Speaker 4: Now, myself come in from a conservative upbringing and you know, kind of a traditional family values kind of family. I and it's no secret that my favorite of all time is Bretta hit Manhart, the guy that you mentioned there I had. I was struggling to get behind Stone Cold for the longest time because he was so vulgar, right, But that's just you know me me back then as well, where I was at, wasn't as keen on supporting somebody that would throw up middle fingers or swear on live television or you know kind of you know, do that kind of thing. He's very flippant and very rude kind of thing. So I struggled for the longest time. But eventually, and of course now after like a couple decades removed from from the heat of the attitude era, Man stone Cold really was objectively one of the goats for sure, And like you said, an undisputed spot on that Mount Rushmore I think belongs to Stone cald Steve Austin. He transcended the pro wrestling business. He also maximized his time because he had to get a lot out of not doing too much because of that unfortunate neck injury he got from that owen Hart pile driver. Yes, you know, like that changed the rest of his career, but he still hit his apex and everything despite struggling for the rest of his career with neck issues and other things too. So man, I'm happy for Steve that he's got peace riding off into the sunset per se or racing off in the sunset as he likes to do these days. He's one of the all time greats, and I have no problems recognizing that now. I always cherish when he gets to come in there and have a moment with somebody these days, if he chooses to, he should have done it on Monday. I'll still say that again, that was the best opportunity I would have taken three sixteen day in Texas of him appearing over him possibly appearing at WrestleMania. I think it just made more sense that way, but Stone Cold one of the all time greats mm hm.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I think one thing that I'm not sure correct me if I'm wrong, because I because you've been with me through all my my entire wrestling fandom journey over here. Is there a moment that that that that that we ever got, like you know, a live glass shatters and like we're just and and we're just you know, popping out of our minds like in a live event, because we've because obviously we've seen that on TV and like Wresselming youa thirty eight against against Kevin Owens or thirty nine, whichever one it was thirty when you faced off against Kevin Owens and just like you know, hearing the glass shatter and it's just it just it just instantly gets you. It gets you primal screaming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd have to look back and think about all the events you and I have been at.
Speaker 2: You mean, like a live event where Stone Cold came in and you know, the place popped, that's what you mean?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I would.
Speaker 4: Think that you and I have not seen that at all in person, hm. But it certainly like he's so good that it feels like you're there. Whenever the glass shatters on TV or on p l E s or pay per views back then, it feels like you're there because you know, it was just so great, like it just jumped off of the screen and you felt like you were there experiencing it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And that's and it's not just the uh if it's not just the fans and attendance that that that contribute to that, because obviously they do. Uh they're the it's the it's the way that the WWE broadcast team captures it so well. How in how insane w w E fans get when the glass shatters, it's still call Steve Austin's music starts up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say just to credit the announcers that you said, particularly good Old j R, Jim Ross and Jerry the King Lawler, like they were such a huge part of of the peak of Stone Cold's career.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And it's and and it's one of the most memorable things that Jim Ross could ever say, is him.
Speaker 2: Just screaming all like screaming at the top of his lungs. Still could Stann could Stan could sound.
Speaker 3: Could It's just it's just it's uh, listening back to that just like that's just it's not even nostalgia.
Speaker 2: That's just greatness, you know.
Speaker 3: And greatness is timeless and you don't need nostalgia for timelessness. And uh and and I guess, uh, I think and I think something that i'd like to you know, think about.
Speaker 2: I guess uh for our listeners.
Speaker 3: Uh, if you were listening and you want to get back to us, uh, these three questions, does the w w F win the Monday Night War without Austin, and without Austin, this World Championship Wrestling survive?
Speaker 2: And does the w w even become what it is today?
Speaker 3: That's something I'd like to leave you, our listeners here with to ponder over the next weekend.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll answer that next week as well when.
Speaker 3: We talk some more wrestling on the World to Wrestle Media here on Ringside Heat on New Stok, Socco Man at sixty AM, Chico at Coco, Collects stand at lextand Media Ringside Underscore at Ringside Underscore Heat for the show.
Speaker 2: And we do remember the things that you probably forgot. What we do remember the things you probably forgot? All right? We remember the things you probably forgot