Speaker 1: Edward. Welcome to the other side of Midnight.
Speaker 2: Edward Walter, it's always a pleasure to be here. Thank you for having me on again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you're a great you have a great source of information about world affairs, military world affairs. Edward is a marine. I almost said former marine, but all marines are always marines. He has a unique perspective on the situation in the Straits of Harmus in the Middle East. And you keep saying this phrase to me over and over again that I think we should share, which is that we're fighting for wars. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's correct, Walter. And it's I mentioned a week or so ago that as soon as I feel like I'm watching a fief of soccer match with twelve nations teams on the field at the same time. It's very complex. But all of this craziness is affecting us here in the US and around the world. I mean, maybe see prices going up and all those kind of stuff, economics and what have you. So so yeah, I know it, you know, I don't want to go up into the weeds there. But there's a lot of stuff happening with Iran right the last over the last a few days and it started, I think with Friday with with Trump saying that he wanted to declare the straight up mus the territory of the US. And he said that in New York at a Republican function supporting candidates here, and then news picked that up. And I think he wants to do a you know, a Venezuela or you know, something like that. Who knows, really, but this has been on his mind since Greenland, you know, in Canada and Venezuela, and now he's talking about making the Strait and the territory of the US. But who knows?
Speaker 1: I mean, so which No, listen, I think it's hysterical. Frankly, there's no way in hell that would ever happen that he was that anybody is going to make it a US territory as a body of water. I don't know why it hasn't happened with Venezuela or why not. We Uh, we're still challenged in managing our territories, the ones that we have are still challenged.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Therefore and and oh yeah Greenland. Yeah, anyway, listen, what what are the four wars that we're battling right now? Can you sum it up? What are the four battles were focused on right now where we are. Yeah, you think and what you, as an expert think is going to.
Speaker 2: Happen, Well, you know, it's the US, It's US Iran war, it's the Israeli has ball of war in Lebanon. Uh. You know, you have the Hooties that are right now engaged in war with with Saudi Arabia and they've blocked their street on the other side, the Red Sea side, they've blocked their street attacking Saudi Arabian ships, and they're at war with the country that they've got half of which is Yemen. So that's those things are going on. And then lastly we've got the Gaza situation is still not settled, you know, and it doesn't look like it will be because Menta Nahoo just does not want to go along with Trump's boarded peace plan. And I have good reasons why I think he doesn't want to do that. But those are the four main areas. So you and Iron's fingers are in all of this because they ran Is financing the Huti's, they're financing the Hesbalala in Lebanon, and they're financing hamas and you know what they did and TODs Israel over particularly on October seventh. So this is what's happening. And then there's some fringe stuff going on in Iraq, which the Iraqi militia is closely a militia is closely aligned with with they're on and they're acting up every now and then shooting at Syria. There's a lot of stuff going on. But yeah, that those are the four and I don't see any of those really coming to fruition in the near term. I really don't. You know, each side is pretty hard nosed about where they are right now.
Speaker 1: Edward Jones, expert on military situations the Middle East, a former current marine. What about the price of gas.
Speaker 2: Well, gas prices, you know, I was on last Monday, a week ago, and they're still continuing this slow trend up. And what alarms me a bit is is that, you know, they had reached their lowest prices around the end of July, and now they've recovered all that lost that ground. They're backup to where they were beginning of August. And so the Brent crude, which is the major market indicator, is eighty eight seventy and eighty nine dollars a barrel regular gas is four h seven over the last two weeks, that's gone up about six and seven cents. The mid range, which we laugh about a little bit, that's four fifty I'm sorry, you have four point fifty seven, and then the premium is almost five dollars. It's four ninety six right now. Diesel is at five forty five. So this is national average gas prices Walters. So regions such as New York, you know, California, of course, you know region are going to see see higher prices here and there, depending on some retail conditions. But yeah, that's what's going on. My sister who's out in Long Island. My Bell weather person said, well, what about heating oil, and I said, well, yeah, heating oil is that's something I started to take a look at. And heating oil right now, you know, in this area anyway, Northeast area is about four twenty seven wholesale a gallon, but you know, retail is up around four point fifty five for seventy five a gallon, and that's trending up. Also the economy, I just want to touch on this too, because oil and gas are used in many, many, many products. I mean, uh, you know, everything every every plastic, everything from from detergents and the detergents that can contain us for in the plastics, the rubbery things, the tampons. I mean, all of this stuff has been going up and they're going to continue to grow go up. Groceries have gone up nationally three percent in the last the last year of h to where we are today. And yes, so all of these things are are just going to keep keep pushing inflation. And uh. And again, as I said Monday, I just I continue looking at this because the negotiations have stolled. And by the way, today is a very very significant day, Walter. Uh. Today the m o U, the is Alamabad mo o U. That's the official title of that MoU. That memorandum of understanding expires today.
Speaker 1: Oh so the original thin memo of understanding expires today. Haven't heard about that on traditional media. Very glad you on this alternative media show was able to remind us that the original memo of understanding between the United States of America and Iran is over.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a fact that HiT's over. And maybe if we just scoop some of these big guys again, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Well they're useless. I'm telling you, you know, and I know how big guys work because I hung around them for much of my career. The way they all work, traditional news media all work is they watch each other and they feel they are successful if they have exactly the same stories in exactly the same order. They look at that each of the nightly news says, well, what they have with it, and they watch it and they believe that if they get exactly what the other guy got, that's the success. To me, there couldn't be a greater failure. But that's how they think.
Speaker 2: That's right. You're exactly right, and you know, independence can can get the sources that you know they don't have and what have you. But I just want to quickly say that this really occurred to me here Walter, is something that's really I think striking. And to Trump's credit, I really see this. He's out there. They're coming up now with an idea that they're going to you know, bankrupt you know, I mentioned Secretary Treasury Besson to the adults in the room there. You know, they're going to keep lairing on sanctions, you know, blockade that they say that they can maintain the naval blockade indefinitely, all to create economic pain in Iran. So they closed all the imports coming into the country. And now they're talking about the land blockade. Walter, and this is where he gets interesting. This. I'm fascinated with this because Trump is creating a NATO, if you will. It looks like they're going in this direction among countries that are surrounding in the area surrounding Iran and some I'll just rattle off a couple We're not going to go there, just to let you know what he's building. He's building a NATO in this region of the world, Okay, an even NATO like organization. And you know these are countries Iraq, which we mentioned. Iraq has the Kurdistan region where it occurred to love him. They love us there, Okay. So he has Iraq, which is on board the Kurdistan, Turkey, Pakistan, Afghanistan, by the way, was hold on the side, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Armenia. These countries together would create an enormous land blockade to the north of Iran. And this is what they're putting together, which I think is really remarkable because you know the name, don't folks the Europeans kind of turned the back, and by the way, the Koreans turned the back on us, and he's sort of hammering them now. He canceled the military exercises with South Korea because.
Speaker 1: And he said, now now that you're now that you're mentioning South Korea, it's more than my brain can handle. But I appreciate what I appreciate what you're saying. He's forming a NATO in the Middle East, and that takes quite the president. Edward Jones, an expert on the Middle East, an expert on military operations, always makes things simple for my simple brain. Thank you very much for being on the other side of midnight