Speaker 1: Oh what we're here? What hey, we're back.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and Gentlemen's rod Ryan Man.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Checking back in after the Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Break and I got fifteen emails fresh out of bad Heads ahead Tournament of Champions. I'm here for it too, man, I can't wait. If you hadn't seen the brackets yet. The tournament starts since day the Birdman takes on Tommy the Gun. First matchup. We did a live video before we left for Turkey day break and that's where the chips fell. It's a great first matchup. So we're gonna do the fresh head your Head Tournament of Champions. The brackets are off on links and guests World Famous rod Ryan showpage at the bus dot com. What else today? The Texas Hammer Game. We got some elite wrestling going down in Arlington. We got tickets for you at around seven twenty. Concert announcement at eight a m.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll have a pair of tickets for you before they go on sale. Busy show today, man, we got a lot of catching up to do.
Speaker 1: What's the weather gonna be like?
Speaker 2: Are we gonna hit seventy degrees today, I don't think so. I think we're gonna top out at around sixty eight. Mostly sunny.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: If you liked yesterday, I was told you're gonna like today.
Speaker 1: Well, I liked yesterday a lot, so I think today's gonna be a beautiful day out there.
Speaker 2: Cyber Monday today as well, So we'll get talking about that.
Speaker 1: So much to do. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, Good morning Rod, Good morning Homeroom. Donald Trump is winging in on President Biden's decision to pardon his son, So, despite spending months denying that he would do so, last night, President Joe Biden did issue a full and unconditional pardon for his son, Hunter, who was convicted in June on three felony gun.
Speaker 1: Charges at date back to twenty eight.
Speaker 3: He pled guilty in September to mismenor and felony charges connected to tax evasion. So that's really the big national and political story this morning.
Speaker 1: We'll be talking about that daring headlines.
Speaker 3: Also, on a much more serious note, funeral arrangements have been announced for Precinct five Deputy Constable Catherine.
Speaker 1: Hudston and her daughter, Casey.
Speaker 3: This was probably the most detrimental news over the weekend. It happened the week before we were off. They were killed in a fiery crash near six ten and I ten. So this funeral service is going to be this week at one pm. The service is going to be closed to everyone except for family, close friends, first responders, and county officials. A Paul found Cyber Monday might be more popular than Black Friday now, but the National Retail Federation disagrees. They say just over half as many people will shop on Cyber Monday, but it's definitely the top online shopping day of the year. They claimed. Black Friday is still number one, and it's not even close. According to their own survey, one hundred and eighty three million people planned to shop between Thanksgiving and today, and of those people, seventy two percent were shopping Black Friday, while only thirty nine percent planned to shop on Cyber Monday.
Speaker 1: I have my little eye on some things for the Cyber Monday.
Speaker 3: Two comedy grades are uniting off the big screen. Eddie Murphy's son and Martin Lawrence's daughter got engaged over the Thanksgiving holiday. The couple made a joint announcement on Instagram, saying they'd been blessed with the love that feels like destiny. So it's Eddie Murphy's son Eric and Martin Lawrence's daughter Jasmine who got engaged.
Speaker 1: They've been dating since July of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Bob Bryer, the former drummer for My Chemical Romance, has died at the age of forty four. Brier's body was reportedly found in his Tennessee home by police last week, and a spokesperson for the band confirmed that news yesterday. Authorities don't believe that foul play was involved. Briar was the drummer for My Kem from two thousand and four to twenty fourteen. There is an investigation in the cause of his death, though that is ongoing.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, buddy.
Speaker 1: Texas gotta win.
Speaker 4: Yesterday they got by the Jags twenty three to twenty. There was a fight that broke out in the second quarter after and his Zi's Al Shaire hit knocks Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence out of the game. Darryl Johnson wouldn't shut up about the rest of the broadcast. If you're watching the sound on. But the Texans they held on to get it, to get it done. They made it close there at the end of They still have a two game lead over the Culture right now for first place in the AFC South. They're sitting pretty throughout the rest of this season. Right now, on Monday Night Football, we got Bo Nicks and the Broncos hosting Miles Garrett and the Browns. That's gonna kick off at seven fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN, and then in basketball.
Speaker 1: Got as soon in basketball right now.
Speaker 5: The Houston Rockets.
Speaker 4: Got another win last night, beating the Thunder one nineteen to one sixteen s Fred van Vleet went off thirty eight points of the night, the lead all players and scoring.
Speaker 5: They've won three straight and five of six. Rockets are gonna have a day off to rest before they play the Kings tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in smat Oh, let's do this.
Speaker 2: It was a fun little football game on last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, snow Globe kind of blow away.
Speaker 2: I was thinking of, Tessa, you have Josh Allen as your fantasy.
Speaker 1: Football Yeah, he's been lovely to me.
Speaker 2: You got a throwing touchdown or receiving touchdown, a running touchdown.
Speaker 3: I mean, just unbelievable, right, lovely, lovely man that Josh Allen go.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh congratulations you got how engaged over time?
Speaker 1: I saw that as well. Here we go, guys, first phone call?
Speaker 2: Who wants it? Who's up?
Speaker 1: Who's ready to rock?
Speaker 2: How do you want to get us started? This Morning seven one, still the most interactive show on the radio. Hit it, yes, sir, whipping out the bush right out of the gate, and what about the bush Allens, I'm on a come on, good morning everybody, Ron Ryan's show. This is us, We're live. All that stuff last week was not It was, but it wasn't live. Many emails came in through the Thanksgiving holiday.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving. I hope you got some time to spend with your friends and your family and do what you do around that time. It was good to have a little bit of time off in the chill a little bit. It's good to be back. We've got like three rock solid weeks and we're gonna be busy. We're going to be very, very busy before the end of the year. Hits and probably the headline don't bury it. It's the freshot of bad heads who had Tournament of Champions. It's this silly little game. We've been playing for twenty one years now. Okay, yeah, twenty one years of this silly game, and we play every morning at six twenty and people are.
Speaker 1: So into it.
Speaker 2: I'm still into it. I still have a great time with it. Alex and Chili before the break went did a Facebook live, so there's a video floating around out there and it kind of explains who's playing who, but it was a bracket style tournament. It is a bracket style tournament, and it's completely Rando playing who. There's all kinds of fun stats and inside and behind the scenes stories about who's playing who. Scott the Birdman takes on Tommy Gunn this morning and you're winning just you're playing just to stay in the brackets. It's a winner take all tournament. Planet Fitness has been our host all year. You get a one year membership and one thousand dollars and it could be one of the two guys that are playing today.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's really really awesome. So if you want to see the brackets, you can go see those online. We're gonna get going with that game very very soon. I can't wait. I absolutely cannot wait. Yes, we're changing up the music. Yes, two men enter, one man leaves. But there's some chicks in the chicks.
Speaker 5: Chick the chicks check.
Speaker 1: The shits in the tournament this year.
Speaker 2: It's about time, all right. So that's gonna be fun. Texas Hammer game is always fun to look forward to playing that. On Mondays Elite Wrestling, it's ae W at Arlington in Arlington, we got tickets for you, and then this concert announcement. I can't wait. I'm so excited about it. Concert announcement at eight o'clock today. Excited to share that with you and give away the first pair of tickets. So that's he's got a sumple. What's going to be happening here?
Speaker 1: It's in time for the first phone.
Speaker 2: Call of the day. It looks like Morgan got through first. Hey Morgan, Hi, Hi Morgan, how are you good? How are you so great?
Speaker 1: So great?
Speaker 2: Good morning Morgan, thanks for getting the start, And looks like you got the first phone call today. How do you want to use this time?
Speaker 6: I wanted to thank everybody and I hope they have a wonderful Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: So nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope. Did you have a wonderful Thanksgiving? Morgan Morgan, Morgan.
Speaker 1: Yes, there you are.
Speaker 2: Did you have a wonderful Thanksgiving?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I had a great Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: How was the turkey prepared? Baked, fried, smoked? What'd you do?
Speaker 1: My mom had like this, like honey turkey.
Speaker 2: It was really good from honey baked ham.
Speaker 1: Uh no, honey baked turkey.
Speaker 2: Oh it is honey bake turkey. Okay, well, yeah, I'm saying the honey baked hand place mate. They do know, they.
Speaker 1: Absolutely do turkeys. It's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Well listen, Morgan, thank you very much. I appreciate you being up so early with us. Are you working today? Why are you up so early?
Speaker 1: School? Where do you go to school?
Speaker 7: I go to Incarnate word Acaby, But I'm going to band right now.
Speaker 2: Band is practicing this? You got a big Christmas concert coming up?
Speaker 1: Uh no, this is what we usually practice.
Speaker 2: You guys just normally practice at six o'clock six thirty. Pretty much. Wow, that's awesome. All right, well Morgan, thank you, thank you for getting it started. Great energy, great first phone call. Tell all the band, Tell all your bandmates. We said, Hello, I was a band guy, big band guy in high school. Yeah, big band guy all through my schooling. On the flip that arec check, we'll find out what's trending, Alex. Get the music ready, fresh out of bad, Head to Head of Champions coming.
Speaker 8: Up hot Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show nine The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Back rod Ryan Show. This is us, We're here, we're live, We're ready to go, and I see preparations are all set.
Speaker 1: Fresh out of bed.
Speaker 2: Head to Head Tournament of Champions definitely radio worth waking up early for mostly sunny today, no rain hive sixty eight beautiful day himes before we get into the games. So excited. What's trending? Please?
Speaker 1: Well, a couple of things are are trending.
Speaker 3: So a lot of people are talking about the Thanksgiving movie box office because for whatever reason, it hit an all time high majanas. The reason, according to Deadline, they say the five day haul over the Thanksgiving holidays is over four hundred and twenty million dollars this year. So people did flok to us theaters Malana to boot it out wicked. As to take the top spot, but Wicked also have a huge number as well as Gladiator too.
Speaker 1: So this four.
Speaker 3: Hundred and twenty million dollar weekend breaks the record set back in twenty eighteen. That's when Ralph Briggs Internet was in US theaters over Thanksgiving holidays.
Speaker 1: So I just think it's never lined up.
Speaker 3: To where we have these like big, big blockbusters all at one time during the Thanksgiving break, So that was pretty cool. Also, it was a really special night for the Rockets. As Alex mentioned, the hottest team in basketball right now. You said they won like three of the five, five of six, and like three of those were in overtime. Last night they played the Oklahoma City Thunder who have one of the.
Speaker 1: Better best records in the NBA.
Speaker 3: So the fact that the Rockets could nail that beat him in overtime, that was a huge deal. Also, Elton John, this is pretty sad. Elton John told an audience on Sunday at a show in London that he hadn't been able to see the performance, but he did enjoy listening to it. He has lost his eyesight. He's seventy seven years old. He suffered an eye infection that's left him unable to see out of his right eye, and he says the vision and his left eye isn't the greatest, so he can't really read or watch anything.
Speaker 1: But that's what's trending on ninety five the bus.
Speaker 2: There's a new documentary out now too. He's out there. Well, yeah, he's out promoting it. So now the eyesight things come to a he's forced to talk about it because he can't see. Oh boy, it was pretty exciting you and Chili pulling those names and putting out the brackets. Yeah, just because we've come to know these people. You know, they're in the Tournament of Champions. There's some first timers in there. There's some goats in there and goat hunters and those you know, those types. But I think this is a great matchup right here. The first game in the freshot of bed hits you head Tournament of Champions. These are the names that were drawn.
Speaker 9: Good morning, everybody, it's Scott. You're fresh out of bed Head to head Hall of Famer number fifteen. That makes it three times in the Hall for me in my second year in a row, getting in last year I made it to the final four. So I'm thinking championship game this time around. Join me at the end of the year for the Tournament of Champions when it's Hall of Famer number fifteen becomes number one when it's all been done, because Scotty knows, bitches.
Speaker 1: It's a Birdman yea.
Speaker 2: That is Final four last year.
Speaker 1: Sweaky final four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he playing.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 10: Everybody told me the Gun Morris, Just like I told you, nobody moves, nobody gets hurt. I am your fresh out of dead head to head Hall of Fame member number twelve for twenty twenty four. It's pretty nice in here. It's my first time.
Speaker 1: Join me at the end of the year when.
Speaker 10: I was planning to take it all.
Speaker 2: Bitches, A one time Hall of Famer taking on a three times Hall of Famer. These are great games every morning. You can'tnot miss any of these games are three minutes away. Alex already has them. Birdman, Tommy the Gun.
Speaker 1: They're ready to roll. We play right after this. The Rod Ryan Show ninety four five, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, that some forty one landmines big year for some forty one. The last year, yeah, the last year. I mean the guys say they're not touring anymore. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Well. I guess they stop in January.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I think they still have a couple of more dates to go next year. And then there was those two really weird days this year where we parked it where we thought that maybe the lead singer of some forty one was going to become the lead singer. I mean, that's gonna be a big that's no. I know when I reflect on.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four, that's gonna be a headline for me for two.
Speaker 4: Days because he was on a book and he has, like I have an announcement in Lincoln Park's like, guess what we do?
Speaker 2: Lincoln Park had an announcement on the Saturday, on the same day that Derek Whibley said he had a big announcement. I'm like, dude, you couldn't have timed that out work you could for his book, probably yeah, yeah, maybe maybe. All Right, guys, good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Welcome to December, everybody. December second concert announcement coming your way at eight o'clock. It's gonna be a fun one and I'm super excited about it. I'm sure a lot.
Speaker 1: Of you will be excited about it.
Speaker 2: We'll give away some tickets as well to that show Texas Hammer Game at seven to twenty.
Speaker 7: But come on and now each time for the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 1: The listeners to your corners twenty one years at six twenty eight m on.
Speaker 2: The Rod Ryan Show. Since January of two thousand and four, we've been playing a game called the Fresh Out of Bed Head to Head and then every year, if somebody won five in a row, we've invited them to come back for a bracket style tournament to claim one champion for the year. Tommy the Gun Morris made it into the Fresh Out of Bed Head to Head Hall.
Speaker 1: Of Fame for the first time.
Speaker 2: Tommy the Gun, Good morning, what's up?
Speaker 1: What's up, bro?
Speaker 2: How are you feeling?
Speaker 1: I'm good man good.
Speaker 2: A lot of work was put in this year to come in here and and peace out on the first bracket.
Speaker 1: Let's hope it doesn't go that way.
Speaker 2: Let's hope it doesn't go that way. Bad luck, because you're taking on the you're taking on the Birdman. Birdman, good morning, good morning. Three time Hall of Famer made it to the Final four. Who knocked you out last year?
Speaker 1: Sean kan Oh, he's on the left side of the bracket. The jerk f y on also real quick.
Speaker 3: The left side of the bracket kind of has something to prove because they have three prior Hall of Fame appearances among the players. The right side has thirty three Hall of Fame appearances. These are stats courtesy of Other John.
Speaker 2: I didn't know there was a right on the left side of the bracket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the left side here and the right side. Oh.
Speaker 4: Okaying on which bracket you're looking at, because we have one just straight down?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How you have like how you have it printed out side?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, the one that you can like click on.
Speaker 2: Okay, bird Man, Tommy the Gun. There's only one thing left to hear.
Speaker 11: Yeah, shout out your name.
Speaker 1: When you think you know the answer.
Speaker 2: First person with two correct questions advances in the Tournament of Champions. Bird Man You ready, yep, I'm ready, Tommy the Gun ready to do this? Yes, sir, Here comes your questions boys. Good luck to you. What American band is known for the hit song.
Speaker 1: Tommy the Gun?
Speaker 2: Oh Man, you need an answer? In three in two Metallica not a bad guess, bro I wonder. Not a bad guess at all. As a matter of fact, what American band is known for? The hit song That's where I stopped smells like teen Spirit Nirvana is a correct answer? The s thing Sandman or what? I don't know where he was going with that.
Speaker 10: But yeah, yeah, I didn't. I didn't hear the as. I just oh, her was American band?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Birdman gets the square.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Next question, what do you call the fun guy put on pizza?
Speaker 1: Tell me Scott mushrooms?
Speaker 4: Yep, good game.
Speaker 1: Stock.
Speaker 2: Well it was quick too, Yep, that was insanely quick. Scott. He knows something. I don't know what he knows what he knew those two for sure? Tell me the gun always fun, dude, first time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: It was fun by the rod. We'll see you next year, all right, dude.
Speaker 2: I hope so, I hope so Birdman, Yeah, I have a good one. Bird Man, you gotta wait a couple of days. Thursday, Thursday, December twelve. Autumn or Paul, do you do you care to share with us who you would prefer to play on Thursday December twelve.
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't matter to me.
Speaker 9: But I know that you guys are always wanting the ladies.
Speaker 1: That's trying a sorry crops.
Speaker 2: So you're you're you would like to see Autumn.
Speaker 9: I'll take either one, Okay.
Speaker 2: Just looking for something for them to post on the billboard, you know what I mean. Like it's looking for looking for autom and Paul to post a little something in their locker rooms.
Speaker 1: You know, like, oh yeah, you want to see me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what you wanted, all right, dude. Congratulations. Uh strong game, dude, really really really really strong game. Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It is Autumn.
Speaker 2: It is Paul Fresh out of bed Head to Head Tournament of Champions. Every morning right.
Speaker 4: In the Show on ninety four or five, Experience Adventure, Angel, The Cosmic on mi.
Speaker 2: US ninety four five, The Bus, Finger, Elevens, Paralyzer, Rob Ryan's Show on this MILF Monday, Welcome back from well Thanksgiving break for us. I hope you've got a little time to chill out a little bit. It's good coming back. We don't ease into anything on this show. We get right after it. It's the fresh out of bed head to Head Tournament of Champions, and we've got our first contestant, advancing in the brackets.
Speaker 1: The fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody, it's Scott You're fresh out of bed Head to Head Hall of Famer number fifteen. I just took out time of the gun to advance to the Elite eight. Yes, that makes it one win down three to go. Join me on Thursday, December twelfth and when I take on either Autumn or Paul.
Speaker 1: On my way to the final four. Because Scotty knows bitch is now.
Speaker 2: Listen, gun Cott speeding on that first question. It's his first time in the Hall of Fame. It's the first question. Just take note, everyone else, there's some other first timers in this tournament. You gotta come in here, and you got to do what my friend Dinah said. You just gotta breathe. You gotta breathe because you're coming in hot. And man, if you're coming in hot on the first game, I mean Adam is already you know, busting balls.
Speaker 1: Woo wee woo.
Speaker 2: Tommy the gun knt's speeding first question out of the gate. Great job, Scottie. Well, I'm sure Adam, where is he? I'm here, Adam the Cop doesn't play until Monday. Oh, one week from today. He's taking on White, Rodney Autumn and Paul tomorrow. I mean, what a lineup. Look at this. Sean Connery and Arthur on Wednesday, Seawan and Cody on Thursday, Sammy Baker, Davis Junior and Abbey on Friday, both chicks in the tournament making into their debut in the first week.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, really really fun, really really fun. I'm here for it every morning. I can't wake.
Speaker 7: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 7: We make you look smarty here, buddies, it's.
Speaker 1: The fuck that to the day. Anybody tell Hell we're back today? Favorite?
Speaker 2: Did anybody share with Hell that we were coming back to them? Okay, damn it, I thought I told him. Here we go, Tessa. Wizard of Oz saw it on over the weekend? You did, Yeah, it was. We had it on for you know, I don't know what is it a nine hour movie? We had it on for about forty five minutes or so. Judy Garland was the star of the Wizard of Oz, right, absolutely. She Her salary was half of what the Witch made.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Judy Garland made nine six hundred dollars for making Wizard of Oz. The Witch made twenty one thousand, partly because she was a Broadway star, but she suffered burns from filming the scene with fire, so the studio kept her on salary for six weeks that she spent healing. Yeah, I didn't know that she was injured during that. By the way, the Scarecrow made the most. He was paid seventy two grand.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. They were all established actors. You didn't even have a brain.
Speaker 2: The reason there are usually mirrors next to elevators is to keep people distracted while they wait.
Speaker 1: That is, check it out. It's you at some of.
Speaker 2: You out there that I'm talking about. Some of you have never met a mirror that you didn't love Friends the show Friends. A lot of times Alex sends me that friend generator Chelsea, which friend you are? He must have sent that sucker to me ten times. This year, Friends went through some other titles. First, the first name it was going to be called Insomnia Cafe. I had heard of that before.
Speaker 1: Insomnia Cafe was the first name of the show Friends.
Speaker 2: Then it was six of One. Friends Like Us was the last title before they settled on just Friends.
Speaker 1: That's neat, I thought.
Speaker 7: So it's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart by your buddies. It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you got? What you got for a prize?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: So I've got a pair of tickets to Seawall Nation. They're playing House of Blues April first.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's your fun. Oh my gosh, we gotta go all the way back before Thanksgiving. Okay, back back back. I'm gonna ask you for one of them. If you know both, you probably know both. If you know one, you know both.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: Two big named actors made their film debut in the same movie in nineteen seventy seven, a comedy called Can I Do It Till I Need Glasses? After that, one went on to have an Academy Award winning career, the other one, the other one, Switch.
Speaker 1: Genres, has different career.
Speaker 2: Switch Genres still a career, though he probably won a couple awards.
Speaker 1: I'd say you a few, did.
Speaker 2: They both were award winning filmmakers for sure seven one three two, win two five nine four five.
Speaker 4: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm sure I told how we were back today. But he's on the phone so he knows we're here now. Hi, How good morning, brother Ron, there you are. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving over there? How be doing Wall Street? We gotta go.
Speaker 1: When was it open last?
Speaker 12: It was open on Friday?
Speaker 2: Okay, good?
Speaker 1: Yeah for half a day, but it was good.
Speaker 12: The Dow was up one hundred and eighty eight points. Kick off this morning. You at forty four and ten NASDAK up one hundred and fifty seven to nineteen thousand, two hundred and eighteen Benchmartenior Treasury that trades at a four point two percent and oils Sands sixty eight dollars eighty eight cents a barrel to the most active is the big studs Navidio, Boeing, and Honeywell, the big duds Merch Travelers and Cisco. On the academic carememer. This morning, we'll get numbers on construction spending for October right now, futures just early on the downside, commons baby around, that's it measured. Just halt you directly with Rammy James rod Ryan Show from Ramy James on same Fleet and Agusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 8: Famian's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mention. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your am. This program is are educational and informational services on the studs of duds are based on movement as reported by.
Speaker 2: Young Finance ninety four or five. Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's show, Sure back, All right, let's see if us slick ck Rick, Hey, Rick A, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, Rod, How are you guys doing awesome?
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for two actors that both made their film debut in the same movie. Both went very different directions after this movie. Who are the actors?
Speaker 9: It was Robin william and Ron Jeremy Show Me the Hedgehog.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ron Jeremy obviously switched genres to porn. Robin Williams had a wonderful career but yeah, first movie together. Dude, you win.
Speaker 1: What are you giving?
Speaker 8: Rick?
Speaker 3: Oh dude, you get the tickets to a Wall Nation at the House of Blues.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, awesome, awesome, all right, you good, great job, Rick, Thank you very much. Mostly sunny today, no rain hies up around sixty eight. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Despite spending months denying that he would do so. Last night, President Joe Biden issued a full and unconditional pardon for his son Hunter. The President Sun was convicted in a Delaware federal court in June on three felony gun charges dating back to twenty eighteen. Inpleted guilty in September to misdemeanor and felony charges connected to tax evasion. Donald Trump meanwhile, responded to that decision in a truth social post. Trump asked if the pardon includes what he calls the January sixth hostages who have.
Speaker 1: Been now in prison for years.
Speaker 3: He went on to call it abuse and a miscarriage of justice.
Speaker 2: Did anybody think for a second he wasn't going to pardon his own size. It's like, it's like one of the coolest things you get to do when you're the president. Hell, I'm not saying I agree with it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, you're the president, make it right. You just clear do whatever.
Speaker 2: You just clear all your buddies, like usually you do.
Speaker 1: It on your last day.
Speaker 3: This is like one of my perks, right, like this is my kid. Yeah, like I know my kids a screw up. But I'm the president.
Speaker 2: But he said he wasn't going to.
Speaker 1: Do it, and he will. I never do anything wrong.
Speaker 2: I never believed him for a second that he wasn't going to do it.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Black Friday because it's in the rear view mirror.
Speaker 1: Actually, no, let's talk about Cyber.
Speaker 3: Monday because that's what it is time for today. Adobe Analytics estimates US shoppers spend around ten point eight billion dollars on Black Friday. That's up ten percent from last year. But but shoppers could easily spend upwards of thirteen billion dollars this Cyber Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check your inbox.
Speaker 1: Every single everyone was texting me.
Speaker 2: Every single store on the planet is emailing you right now.
Speaker 3: Right by everyone, I mean all of the large corporations. I give my money to over half of the online sales on Black Friday. Also, if you didn't know, they happened on a phone. So people are using that cell phone to do all their shopping.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I hope it was awesome, wonderful.
Speaker 1: Still got some stuff in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I had some ham this morning, Yeah, on my English muffin.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But today's the last day.
Speaker 3: Today is the last day to eat those Thanksgiving leftovers. According to the USDA, most Thanksgiving foods can last three to four days in the fridge. After that, they really could make you sick. So make sure you take care of them asap.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a suggestion people, Because I know I'm going to get an email from Black Flow. Nicole Harvey will email me. She's like, I don't care what you guys say. I'm eating those leftovers all week long. She will email me today because every year she gets upset that I tell her throw away your Thanksgiving leftovers. It's too late if you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to waste food.
Speaker 3: Most leftovers can last a few months in the freezers, so you got to get them in their asap. Like, if you're trying to have Thanksgiving, you know a week from now.
Speaker 1: Again, we didn't you know, what we did for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Guys, you've clearly never had food poisoning. You've clearly never had it because I have. Okay, I'm not risking it.
Speaker 1: We did a turkey gumbo and it was.
Speaker 2: With your leftover turkey kicked over.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Let that carcass just marinate. We got that broth. Oh, it was so so good. I can post that recipe if y'all want it. Thanksgiving is over and that means Christmas will be crammed down our throats twenty four to seven for the next three weeks. And if it's not a bad thing, that's great. We have Christmas comedies that you're probably ready to stream.
Speaker 1: A list of them twenty of the.
Speaker 3: Best Christmas comedies on streaming services right now. Number one on this list comes via Max Christmas Story, The Christmas Story.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say the list is very obvious. The most valuable thing about this list where.
Speaker 1: You can stream it.
Speaker 2: He tells you where to find it. There's six million apps out there in streaming platforms, and everyone's asking me, well, where can I watch this?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's so weird that you can stream a Christmas Story on Max and you don't have to wait for TVs to play twenty four hours of it on actual Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: That's very helpful.
Speaker 3: Bad Santas number two you can stream that on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 1: Number three is.
Speaker 3: Elf also on Max, and then Scrooge number four that's on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 1: So Max really hitting it hard with.
Speaker 3: The top five National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation also on Max. If you're getting a song suck in your head, you might be a little annoyed. If you're getting a Christmas song suck in your head, that can be pure house. So there's a forty second audio track called the earworm Eraser. So science has figured out how to get a song unstuck from your head, and supposedly listening to this clip, this forty second audio track can get it unstucked.
Speaker 2: You have it, Yeah, it's on YouTube. So this is supposed to clear your mind. You ready, all right? Okay, it was.
Speaker 1: A terrible transition, can be that's the point.
Speaker 2: But I've already forgot about Mariah Carey.
Speaker 1: Right, it works, going, it.
Speaker 5: Works, it does.
Speaker 1: Those are gusent sadlines. This is awful on a Monday morning.
Speaker 2: This is awful.
Speaker 1: On any morning, just like changing tempo over and over. Yeah, there you go. I'm cured.
Speaker 2: I feel my palate being cleansed.
Speaker 1: Shuffle on, Come on, alex Texans got to win yesterday.
Speaker 5: I got by the Jags twenty three to twenty.
Speaker 4: There was a fight that broke out in the second quarter after the disease al shayear hit knocked the Jags quarterback Trevor Lawrence out.
Speaker 1: Of the game.
Speaker 4: Daryl Johnston wouldn't shut up about the remainder of the game, but the Texans held on to get the win. It's still I'll have a two game lead over the Culture now for first place.
Speaker 1: In the AFC South.
Speaker 4: On Monday Night Football, we got Bo Nicks and the Broncos hosting Miles Garrett and the Browns. Broncos come into this as six point favorites. I don't kick off at seven fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN. In basketball, the Rockets got another win last night, beating a thunder one nineteen to one sixteen. Fred van Vliet had thirty eight points in the night to lead to all players and scoring. They've now won three straight and five of six. Rockets had the day off today before they'll play the Kings tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: That is going on in sports.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: The Bus ninety four or five the Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: What a year Lincoln Park back, Baby.
Speaker 2: Everybody that went to that Arlington show, a lot of you I went to that show, took time to tell us how great the show was, how amazing it was to see them back on stage. Everyone talked about, specifically Mike Snoda, how he looked on stage. You could just tell the joy and everyone in that band back being on stage together. I think next year is going to be even a bigger year for Lincoln Park. Twenty twenty five, Lincoln Park could be a huge year for them. Well, good morning, this is us. We are live, we are back. I hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. You had some time off to chill with family and friends last day for the leftovers. I'm not telling you what to do, but I'm telling you what to do. Yeah, who was it is it? Eli? Was it Eli?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: It was Daniel Dallas. Daniel rod Food poisoning. You're right, I've had it twice. It's horrid. These people are tempting fake they don't know what it's like. I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving. I have had food poisoning once. It was a long long time ago. And I'm telling you what, I never wanted to die in my life like that. It was that bad. You're like rock, Come on, it can't be that bad. It's that bad. It's that bad you want to die on Sundays. Yeah right, I just don't monkey around with like old food. I had some this morning, though. I mean there was some ham in there still from Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Bread.
Speaker 2: Throw it on an English muffin today. Are you gonna die if you eat it tomorrow?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Is it suggested that today be the last day of your Thanksgiving leftover. Nobody likes being told what to do.
Speaker 1: That's the problem.
Speaker 2: Nobody likes being told what to do. It's like, don't tell me turkey leftovers. Daniel, Hey, I brought some leftovers for lunch today, brother Rod. I let them last the weekend, and if by Monday night they are not all gone, they will be gone. They will be thrown out tonight. Daniel is abiding by. Oh there's Nicole. I knew I called her out. She comes here, she comes, Oh my god, she said, no, I don't believe she said she did have food poisoning once. She of course, she's got like a long range. He's yelling at me. Let's see here. I had food poisoning once from boondoggles in clear leg because of a salad, not food that I ever cooked. I hope you all have had a fabulous turkey day.
Speaker 1: I had leftover caravas.
Speaker 2: And I'm okay.
Speaker 1: So she's like, I ate all the leftovers.
Speaker 2: She's the one that tells me. She's like, listen, don't tell me to throw out my food. She usually gets on me every year for this, and she she's claiming she had food poisoning. I'm talking about a little tummy ache, Nicole. I'm talking about food poisoning. Okay. I told you I wanted to die. That's how bad it was. Fetal position. Just kill me, please kill me, kill me. I am laying on the ground, I am freezing, and I'm sweating, and you.
Speaker 1: Never want to eat again.
Speaker 2: You're shivering, you are shivering, and you're soaking wet from sweat, and I'm saying kill me. Yeah, okay, that's food poisoning, not a tummy ache. All right, Well, that good luck with your leftovers today. It's also cyber Monday today. So deals on online shopping, Ashley with a I use the uh the brother Rod trick of putting something in her cart leaving it leaving the website, she said, because I said, I kind of discovered this on my own. I'm sure people have done this for years, but Ashley with a.
Speaker 5: Night TikTok, and I'm the first person to do this.
Speaker 2: Remind her to put stuff in your cart, leave it in there, and then leave. Maybe they'll send you a coupon. Hey, you left something in your cart. I save fifteen dollars over the weekend using that tip. So Ashley with an Eye did that. That happened to me before. I was So, I'm like, I'm never buying anything the first time I go to a website. I'm going to put it in the cart and then leave. Let it simmer, let it marinate for a day or two. They're like, hey, you left her buy a car. Here's a little something extra for you. All right, Oh yeah, good luck. If you finding some great deals online, please share them with us. Let us know where you're getting these awesome deals.
Speaker 1: O man to win the best game in Houston who wants it?
Speaker 2: Well, I said, it was happening, the Texas Hammer Game. We have these tickets. Another thing coming more and more. We're giving away more and more tickets to Arlington. It's another big, big event. You got this.
Speaker 1: Wrestling information there, I have it right here.
Speaker 2: What is it that we're giving away?
Speaker 3: It's all elite Wrestling's aew all in Texas. So on July twelfth at Globe Liffield in Arlington, there's going to be this all elite wrestling event. Tickets aren't even on sale until Monday, December ninth, but they're win him before you can buy them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ticketmaster dot com they go on sale.
Speaker 2: So another one of those things. They said, dude, this is a really big deal. Do you want to give away tickets to And I said, yeah, of course I do. I know that people are nuts about wrestling. If you know about this card, you know like what the wrestlers are. It's it's a big big deal. Okay, they're playing in the baseball stadium. So that's going to be the prize for the Texas Hammer Game. It's coming up. Now's the time to get in the queue. Call Chile now all right? Zember one, three, two, one, two, five, nine four.
Speaker 6: Five, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five, The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: All Right, We're ready.
Speaker 2: Are you in the queue with the Chile? Have you called them? Seven to one three two one two, five, nine four five. We have the Texas Hammer Game coming up for some awesome some wrestling tickets. Alsley sunny today, no rain to worry about. Hive around sixty eight. If you liked yesterday, which I liked, I loved yesterday. I think that's what today's going to look like. What's trending.
Speaker 3: There was lots of fighting in the Big Ten and a lot of football games over the weekend.
Speaker 1: So now Ohio State and the.
Speaker 3: University of Michigan are being fined by the Big Ten because there was this postgame brawl where like Michigan players were attempting to plant their flag midfield. Yeah over number two Ohio. So now each school has to pay one hundred thousand dollars for violating the conference's sportsmanship policy.
Speaker 2: Did players get maced? Yeah, yeah, that's a true story.
Speaker 1: Awesome and it was awesome. Mikes Johnson like lost his mine star stick fighting, but they really brought out mace.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Michigan players is like a screenshot of the Michigan guys.
Speaker 5: Like just crying because they had just got made.
Speaker 1: That is awesome.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, the most o highest state played the whole game like those the hardest they pride.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 3: Also, Australia passed a landmark band on social media. I remember we were talking about this kids under sixteen. On Thursday, the Senate overwhelmingly voted to pass a band which will take at least a year ago.
Speaker 1: In effect, it.
Speaker 3: Could see companies find up to fifteen million Australian dollars if they fail to prevent children from having accounts.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with it. I kind of have to.
Speaker 2: So my neighbors from Australia, he asked him his thoughts. He thought. He's like, yeah, okay, he thought sixteen was too old. I mean, he lives here now, so I'm just asking him his opinion on his homeland. Is sixteen too old?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just I just don't have a.
Speaker 2: Problem keeping kids off of that stuff as long as possible, as.
Speaker 1: Long as possible.
Speaker 3: Also, my six picks from the weekend are up in the last ten minutes.
Speaker 1: They are doing pretty good. Not as good as a milk Monday.
Speaker 3: Milf Monday is still the best, well the most clear. Don link here on the Rod Ryan Show blog page. Okay, but you got that going on, and that's what's trending. On eighty four five the Bus, This.
Speaker 2: Is DM Andler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Games.
Speaker 1: I mean everybody has sent in six picks. Wow with Ron Ryan. On ninety four the Bus.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting. He's always waiting, He's always waiting out there. Okay, once again, we have Elite Wrestling a e W. It's gonna be going down at Globalife Field in Arlington July twelfth. Tickets go on sale one week from today a Ticketmaster, but we got them before they go on sale. Amanda says she's got this.
Speaker 1: Amanda, Hi, good.
Speaker 2: Morning, how are you good? Okay? This is the Texas Hammer Game where the Great Hey Jim Adler is gonna come on with some lyrics and you're gonna have to tell us the.
Speaker 1: Name of the and in the name of the song.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, good luck to you. You ready, here we go music the Great Communicator Use two sticks to make it in the nature.
Speaker 1: What what yeh? Three?
Speaker 2: Two one song band?
Speaker 1: Nothing, Amanda, nothing, nothing, nothing, I don't know.
Speaker 2: The Great Communicator, Good morning, Andrew. Okay, and my man by the Red Chili Peppers.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Okay, communicate tour.
Speaker 1: You didn't know that. He didn't say great communicate tour.
Speaker 5: No person, you.
Speaker 2: Just talk regular, okay, Wall Let's listen to that clip, Andrew, hang on music, the Great Communicator use two sticks to make it in the nature? I mean, Andrew, that was easy. You should have known that, Andrew, My man, Andy, what are you giving him?
Speaker 1: Got he give you a fair? Tickets?
Speaker 3: All Elite Wrestling's aw all in Texas going down at Globelalefield, and Arling didn't congratulations.
Speaker 1: Awesome guys, thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean it was that easy for you.
Speaker 1: Andrew. Oh man, I love the Chili Peppers.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gets it? Okay, we use two sticks. That's what got me.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: As soon as I heard it, I knew it.
Speaker 2: Way to go, brother, all right, good job, Andrew By. We don't need your attitude.
Speaker 12: We have one of our own.
Speaker 1: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five of us through ninety four to five the buzz. That's it right there.
Speaker 2: Right on Chili Peppers.
Speaker 1: I was listening for the lyric. I couldn't hear it. I'm sure it was in. It was. There was a lot of lyrics, just there was a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was smoke rings and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I was, I was listening, I was paying attention.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Thanks for making us a part of it. This is us, We're live, We're back, We're excited to be back. We came in with guns of Blazer this morning. The fresh out of bed head to head the Tournament of Champions starts. That means all of the five Day winners from the year, nothing but the best of the best are now playing and it's a bracket style tournament. It's all sponsored by Planet Fitness. This year, winners going to get a one year membership to go get in the best shape of their lives, and then they're going to give you a thousand dollars as well. How great is that for the winner of the whole damn thing this year. Okay, Scott the Birdman and Tommy the Gunn played this morning, so I know spoilers because I know people want to go back and listen to it. Those get podcasts usually during the show, usually buy it around eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: Huh, the podcast a little after eat today, after.
Speaker 2: Eight o'clock today. All right, So Alis does the breakouts of the podcast. You know, the whole show is podcast every single day, but he also will take the fresh out of bed head to head and just put up a pot of that because some people just want to hear the game. You can just go listen to the whole show podcast when we're done, and then you can fast forward and do all of that stuff as well. But it's it's a lot of people. I'll tell you what. The most the biggest pod numbers we get are for the whole show, but number two is always the fresh out of bed heads ahead. People go back and they listen. They want to hear that game, or if they think it was close and maybe we didn't get the call right, those are the days we we always pologize.
Speaker 1: If they never do apologize.
Speaker 2: No, no one apologizes.
Speaker 1: I rarely.
Speaker 2: I rarely get an email. I get an email like, dude, you guys were so off on that that guy got in first and I'm like, go listen to the podcast and send me an email back.
Speaker 1: Never get an email.
Speaker 2: I don't need an email that says I'm right, because I just know I'm right. Like, but it would be nice. It would be nice to have that email backing it up what I already know. All right, Uh, Cyber Monday, everybody, Cyber Monday today. You know where this started, right, I was around. I was around for this. Okay. Cyber Monday was invented out of thin air, right, like a fart and a wind.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You were supposed to come to work after Thanksgiving on Monday and use your work's high speed internet to do some shopping on the Worldwide Webine people were still doing dialogue, okay, and usually your workplace had a better Internet connection for you. So they invented cyber Monday. They just started calling it that, and then it became a deal. Then it became I mean, they literally invented a holiday to get you to go and spend more money on a particular day. And that's exactly what it was. Love America, Okay, it's just like Valentine's Day. Capitalism invented it. Okay, let's say Valentine's birthday or something. It's just a day they invented, so cyber Monday. Yeah, people would go into work. It's like, okay, I'm going to use the high speed internet at work because we didn't have that at home. So good luck if you find if you're looking for deals out there, I do.
Speaker 1: Want a good deal and just ad deal.
Speaker 2: The inbox is. I don't know, like I understand if I've been to the website before and here's the deal. Websites that I've never even heard of before are contacted me about the deals.
Speaker 1: Where'd you?
Speaker 2: Where did you find me? I never even I didn't even know that your site existed. Okay, but now that I'm here, I'm gonna look around, so they do get me. They do get me on that. Now we do. You got your six picks up? I haven't had a chance to go look at their app. Okay, there's a food blog page today, there's a crazy criminal blog page today, all that stuff on links and guests. Three things you must see today. There's a link up and I've got them all conveniently right there for you. Three things that you must see. One of them is a seventy four year old retired marine in Iowa, and he was in the news. He decorated every single house on his block with Christmas lights.
Speaker 1: He just went ahead and did it for everybody, okay.
Speaker 2: And he does it for his wife because his wife loves Christmas and she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a couple of years back, and he said, I'll do anything to make her happy. So now you got this guy going around and he's decorating everyone's home and everyone's down for it because of the reasons. Okay. So now people are pitching in to help him with it, and then the neighbors are Now they set up a po box where they can send you can send a Christmas card for him to read.
Speaker 1: To his wife.
Speaker 2: She just absolutely bananas for Christmas. So it's such a great story. But this is your headline, and it took me a minute to figure out what is this guy doing. Did you see the video of the dude getting out of the roller coaster car? Wholly crap. The roller coaster is going up the biggest part of the incline, Okay, and then you can see video of him he hops out right before it goes down the slope and gets on the little like I don't know the track like, yeah, the free fall, the little maintenance track, you know what I mean, there's like a little there's some staff, it's over there. What is he doing? Is he freaking out because he doesn't want to go over he's locked in when no, here's what happened. What this thing is gonna get go down and then it's gonna corkscrew and spiral and doing all these crazy things. His thing became unlocked. It came unlocked on his lap and he thought he was going to die. It just somehow just his cart malfunctioned and he had enough thought. Now depends if this was a kid in this car, is why to go on these roller coasters? And it's gonna happen to me because my kids getting to that age now she can ride, she's tall enough, so I'm gonna be the one that's gonna have to do it and just be barfee for the rest of the trip. So just before the big drop, his lap bar had released. He didn't want to go down the drop. He thought he was going to die, so he thought the best thing for him to do at that moment, and you can see all this unfold is he hops out at the last second, hops out of the cart on the little maintenance track and then the thing goes down.
Speaker 1: He said, he goes otherwise, I thought.
Speaker 2: I was going to die. I thought it was just a guy freaking out, not wanting to go down the big steep drop.
Speaker 1: So he was.
Speaker 2: He made it onto the emergency staircase and then they interview him. He didn't want to be shown on the interview. But I've got this link up. It is wild wild. Three things you must see on the world Famous rod Ryan Show page at buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the Bus.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan's Show MILF Monday Edition. Tessa has our six picks on links and guests. Hey, we got a concured announcement coming up. It'll be after eight o'clock that I will announce the show, but we will give you a chance to win some tickets closer to around twenty after eight, but you'll know the announcement. For me, it's really really big. I think for some of you it will also be really really big. I'm excited to give away tickets all week before they go on sale. They're not going on sale until Friday, so if you want to be a part of that, make sure you stick around, probably closer to a round eight oh five's when we'll bust out that announcement and I'll be dancing.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rocking alternatives, The rod.
Speaker 8: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five, A Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. All Right, seven fifty two. Mostly sunny today, no rain, beautiful day. Highs up around sixty eight today, kind of like what we had yesterday, which was just an amazing day. Doors open, right. I was in here yesterday, Doors open yesterday. Nice cool breeze coming through.
Speaker 1: Lovely best, absolutely the best. Okay, guys.
Speaker 2: Concert announcement coming after eight o'clock. We'll have tickets for you in the eight o'clock hour. I said that I was going to be doing my happy dance. I'll be very very I'm very very excited about this announcement. Let's go Houston's Headlines. What you got.
Speaker 3: President elect Trump is in on President Biden's decision to pardon his son Hunter. He took to truth Social last night to ask if the pardon includes what he calls the January sixth hostages, who have now been in prison for years. The President had previously said that he had no intention of pardoning his son on federal gun and tax evasion in charges. Biden now says that no reasonable person who looked at all the facts in Hunter's cases could do anything other than conclude he had been singled out because of who his father is. Here at Houston, funeral arrangements have been made for Precinct five Deputy Constable Catherine Hudson and her daughter Casey, who were killed in a fiery crash. This happened westbound IT ten near six ten. Funeral service will be held on December fifth at one pm at the Community of Faith Church that's on Becker Road in Hockley. The service will be close to all but family, close friends, first responders, and county officials.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're.
Speaker 3: Doing some holiday shopping on this Cyber.
Speaker 1: Monday, you were definitely not alone.
Speaker 3: Adobe Analytics estimates the US shoppers could easily spend up words of thirteen billion dollars today. There is a poll by bankrate dot com that found fifty nine percent of Americans plan to shop today, compared to just fifty three percent who plan.
Speaker 1: To shop on Black Friday.
Speaker 3: But the National Retail Federation says Black Friday is still the number one shopping shopping day, and it's not close. According to them, in their survey of one hundred and eighty three million people, and seventy two percent we're shopping on Black Friday. Well just thirty nine percent of them planned to shop today on Cyber Monday.
Speaker 2: Somebody's really getting like the deal. Okay, I'm going to give you an example in my inbox right now overstock dot com. Okay, up to seventy percent off. Okay, that's a great headline. That's a lot of savings, right, Yeah, so you click on it, It's like, where is the seventy percent? Like all they have to do is pay have one new thing. Yeah, it's like a dumb rug. Okay, it's like some dumb rug that they have too many of, or is something that nobody's buying.
Speaker 5: It's a shirt and only triple excess.
Speaker 2: So they put that one thing in there and then everything else is just kind of discounted. See anybody getting like the marquee the mark? Is anybody getting fifty sixty seventy percent off anything today?
Speaker 1: I browse it in reverse of you, like I.
Speaker 3: Don't go and say, oh, seventy percent off this website. Let me go look at all the website. I have a couple of products in mind that to me are too expensive to buy on any other day. And I'm like, Okay, let me see what the deal is today on the cyber Monday.
Speaker 1: For that thing that I want.
Speaker 3: But it's just too expensive, So I don't go shopping like that.
Speaker 2: Over the years, have learned to speak Tessa. She's shopping for herself, right, Okay, this is not a deal for someone else. No, you're shopping for yourself.
Speaker 3: When I see things that does it matter If I'm like looking for a present for you guys last minute and it reminds of you, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't matter if it's forty percent off or twenty percent off. I still need the damn present.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: We're getting dips. I still need. I still need market ye soups and dips.
Speaker 1: You would like those soups, but you're not getting that. You're getting cold because you're not appreciative of soup.
Speaker 2: All right, Have you bought anything for yourself this morning? No, not yet.
Speaker 3: I'm looking up man, that Dyson air dryer, that hair that hair dryer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like five hundred dollars normally.
Speaker 2: Do you think it dryes your hair better than a regular hairdryer?
Speaker 3: My friends, I made the stupid mistake of using a better product than what I'm using, and now I need it.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's on me. What does it do? It blows air, blow drives your hair out.
Speaker 3: It catches your own hair, and it curls it around the blow dryer, and it uses instead of heat, it uses cold air.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't damage your hair, and then it looks flawless.
Speaker 2: It blows hair in a way that hair has never been blowing.
Speaker 3: You have no idea. I get it, like I get why it's so expensive.
Speaker 1: Now you are looking at me. Anyone's selling a secondhand this edition? Please test to the buzz dot com. Okay, let's let's continue on.
Speaker 3: What else is You may already know Eddie murphy son Eric has been dating Martin Lawrence's daughter Jazmine since July of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: You may not know that. Maybe you were like me.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize they were dating, but they did take the next step and now that's making headlines. So Eddie Murphy's son, Martin Lawrence's daughter got engaged this past Wednesday, they have like an engagement video. They didn't meet through their dads. Eddie and Martin have done two movies together, Boomerang very hilarious movie and Life another great movie. So they've worked together. They're they're you know, comedic geniuses. They're two of the greats, and now they're gonna be forever linked through their kids.
Speaker 2: What kid couple is bigger that one? Or Tony Hawk's kid and Kurt Cobain's daughter.
Speaker 1: I guess what hads on who you ask?
Speaker 3: Like the grunge king and queen, like those heirs are I mean the top of the top, right, Yeah, I would say they're probably bigger.
Speaker 2: Where's the genius juice with with with what couple?
Speaker 1: Oh, because they're going to produce, They're going to reproduce.
Speaker 3: I think its gifts a generation, So I think it's gonna go to the grandkids.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, that they're gonna reproduce. Who's gonna produce a genius which I don't know, comedic genius or a rocking skateboarder Hawk you know what I mean? To hawksn fun?
Speaker 1: That's good, that's a fun one to play.
Speaker 3: Bob Bryer is the former drummer for My Chemical Romance, and we got news that he has died at the age of forty four years old. According to TMC, Briar's body was found in his Tennessee home by police. A spokesperson for the band confirmed the news yesterday. Authorities they say they don't believe that foul play was involved. So Briar had weapons. He has all his instruments there in the home. All of that stuff was untouched. He's the longest tenured drummer in My Chemical Romance's history, and Briar admitted online that he's dealt with suicidal thoughts multiple times since leaving the group. So an investigation into the cause of death is ongoing. And remember you can always call that that line road was it night?
Speaker 2: Keep it right here?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, help is available. The suicide Crisis lifeline is nine to eight eight, Okay, nine eight eight, free confidential counseling. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Texans got to win yesterday. They got put the Jags twenty three to twenty. There was a fight that broke out in the second quarter after and his z's Al Shaier hit Knox Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence out of the game. Then Daryl Johnson didn't shut up about He kind of ruined the broadcast the rest of the time because it was like, well, this is a great first down by Texans, but let's not forget that dirty hit on Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: So he kept bringing it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would not shut up about it. It was it was annoying. Okay, it really ruined my view experience.
Speaker 5: I'm not arguing whether or not it was a dirty hit or not, but like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think he was just got ejected, gotair.
Speaker 4: And then they first out at him and we were like, these Jaguars people are bad.
Speaker 5: They're fans. That's happened. It's football. Sometimes football bad stuff happens.
Speaker 4: All right, Texans still have a two game lead over the Colts for first place in.
Speaker 5: The AFC South.
Speaker 4: Right now, Monday Night Football tonight, we got bow Nicks and the Denver Broncos hosting Miles Garrett and the Cleveland Browns. Broncos committed this is point favorites. Kickoff is at seven fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN and in basketball, hottest team in the NBA.
Speaker 5: The Rockets got another win last night.
Speaker 4: If you de Thunder one nineteen one sixteen, Fred van Vliet had thirty eight points to the Nights to lead all players and scoring. They've now won three straight and five of their last six. They're gonna have a day off today before they put the Kings tomorrow night. That what's going on in sports.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 8: Rast the Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz Here we Go ninety four or five, The Buns, Screen Day and Longview Good Morning. Halfway part of the show, People Who No rain, mostly sunny sky's highs of around sixty eight today. I want to get right into it, so I want to talk about it a little bit. I said, I had a concert announcement for you, and I am gonna give you a chance to win some tickets the concerts that we are announcing and I have been waiting for and I have been hoping a long time. After nine years, ac DC is going to play the United States again.
Speaker 1: Has anybody seen them here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Negative, They're so awesome, I imagine. So they're just so unbelievably awesome. Here are the details on the show. Ac DC's Power Up Tour special guest the Pretty Reckless Good for that man.
Speaker 1: What a gig.
Speaker 2: April fourteenth, twenty twenty five at and T Stadium in Arlington. That's where you're Dallas, Well, your old favorite, your old team, It's where the Dallas Cowboys play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, blil life.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the football. ACDC is playing football stadiums the other, big, big, big Tickets to go on sale this Friday at noon livenation dot com. So I looked at the dates and I was just kind of curious. Brian Johnson, the lead singer bac DC, is seventy seven years old. Wow, they got him singing every four nights here in the US. I think it's a It's a good thing. Obviously they think he can do it, because we talked about when they announced they would, they did like eight shows in Germany, and we were looking and there were no dates for us here in the US. So I've been waiting for this announcement for a long long time. They're going to start the tour on April tenth in Minneapolis, Minnesota, all football stadiums, Okay, where they're gonna play the Dallas show is the second show on the tour. I think that's perfect. You want to be early on the tour. You don't want to be the first show. I think the second or third show is brilliant. The only rub I have with this it's Monday night.
Speaker 1: It's Monday night in Dallas. Gonna work. Okay, it's a work.
Speaker 2: So they're playing April ten in Minneapolis, the fourteenth. Here at Dallas, they're jumping around. Then they go out to the Rose Bowl in California four days later. On the eighteenth, they got Vancouver, Vegas, Detroit. They're playing Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, which is Boston, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Tampa, Nashville, Chicago, and Cleveland. Guys. I thought maybe they were only going to do four or five shows. I thought they were going to do New York, LA, Dallas, Chicago and then call it quits for the US. That's a pretty good handful of dates if the Monday doesn't work for you. Ac DC is a band you get on a plane for right because this will be it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Brian Johnson is seventy seven. Wow, I mean, if you're looking if you're looking for reference, Mick Jagger is eighty one, okay, And I saw the Stones twice and unbelievable. I don't know how these guys are doing it. I don't know. I never saw the Stones back in the in thees or eighties, but I didn't feel ripped off at all when I saw the Rolling Stones. And I've seen them several times. I've seen I saw the roll I saw ac DC the last time they came through, and they were unbelievable. But I didn't realize that that was nine years ago. So tickets to the twenty twenty five Power Up North American Tour go on sale this Friday at twelve o'clock our time. It's a good it's a good chunk of cities that they're going to be playing. They're not saying that this is it, guys, this is it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is god.
Speaker 2: I mean, same thing with the Rolling.
Speaker 1: Stone was ambitious. All these tournades, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. I did not think that they were going to do this many. So we should probably give away tickets to ac DC all week that I'm gonna make you wait until on the back side of this break though, So if you hang in there with me, Chili's got all this information, So Chile, if you want to just add all this to the music blog page today because people are gonna want to know how to get those tickets. Ac DC sells out stadiums, so these are soon to be sold out tickets. We're gonna give away tickets before they go on sale this Friday, and we're gonna have tickets for you all week, so I'm gonna make you wait the break though.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: What an interesting like travel itinerary because they go to Dallas and then they go California, they go to Pasadena and then they go to Vancouver.
Speaker 2: Well they're in Minneapolis first and then Dallas second. Yeah, so that tells me you have two truckloads of equipment. Yeah, and as they're playing in Minneapolis, they got to be setting up in Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's it's the routing of it.
Speaker 3: Is what it's like from Canada and then they come back to Vegas and then they go to Detroit after Vegas.
Speaker 1: Like it's just a weird itinerary, it really is.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if it's just if that is the difficulty of getting stadiums. Yeah, it's April, so you know you're not really going against you not fighting the NFL.
Speaker 1: It's April and then and then May.
Speaker 2: It's April and May. So I don't know you're fighting monster jams. There you go. They probably have they can figure it out.
Speaker 1: Then figure it out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it really is the routing of it is. I'll I have no idea who's doing all of that. It seems like there could have been. I'm sure these people know what they're doing all right. On the flip ac DC tickets.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so excited. Rock and Alternative us to the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: You got a chance for you to win some tickets coming up to a concert that I just announced. I'll fill you in. No rain today, mostly sunny highs them around sixty eight Cyber Monday.
Speaker 1: See that was trending. I've got a couple of emails.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for a deal, guys. Ashley was an I said, speaking of shopping, my first Christmas present purchase was for baby l Oh how about that?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: The first thing she bought for Christmas was for your kid?
Speaker 2: Awesome. Amy got four hundred dollars off of vacuum mop at Sam's Let's go.
Speaker 1: So she's excited about that.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Amy doing some shopping today.
Speaker 1: Okay, so cyber Monday.
Speaker 2: I see that. That's a big, big deal today. And it's a real day. It's a real shopping day, a big shopping day. What else.
Speaker 1: We have to talk about?
Speaker 3: Josh Allen getting engaged to Hayley Steinfeld and his ex girlfriend Brittany Williams saying her account got hacked because of an awful comment she made in response to set engagement.
Speaker 1: Is his ex girlfriend famous?
Speaker 3: So his ex girlfriend, Brittany Williams, I don't. I don't think she's she's famous.
Speaker 1: But for some of the daughter of a housewife, she's.
Speaker 3: Popular for dating him. Okay, and I mean I also okay, so listen. So she allegedly said, luckily my boyfriend owns a team and doesn't play for one, don't have to be with another brain dead CTE athlete. That came from Brittany Williams's account on like comments about the Hailey Seinfeld Josh Allen engagement, and people.
Speaker 1: Were like whoa, Like what that that's a little harsh.
Speaker 3: She's like, listen, my accounts have been hacked several times tonight. I'm trying to get it resolved. If anyone has any tips, please let me know.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So a lot of people very skeptical of that claim. Also, you might be interested to know, Actually I'm interested to know, like where did.
Speaker 1: The Kelseys eat Thanksgiving dinner?
Speaker 3: Where did Travis Kelcey and his family have Thanksgiving dinner?
Speaker 1: Where they had their turkey and when they broke red? Well, I'll tell you. Taylor Swift and her parents hosted.
Speaker 3: Travis Kelcey as well as Jason and Kylie plus their kids. Yeah, it's the first Thanksgiving they celebrated together because they were.
Speaker 1: Apart last year because of the Eras tour. A lot of people don't know that exhilarating.
Speaker 3: Also, ACDC is going to hit the road if you didn't know. ACDC just announced a thirteen stop tour and that's going to start April tenth in Minneapolis. It's gonna hint cities like Detroit, Las Vegas, Pittrick and in Texas. They are going to Dallas. So not a Houston, not a Houston show. But we do have tickets to the Dallas show for you as and that's what's trending.
Speaker 2: So on that former intern Michelle huh sends me an email, Please, what the blank is going on with all these blanking Arlington dates? I don't blank and get it. I'm sorry I'm saying blank so much, but I'm really angry. I saw ACDC for the first time the Toyta Center on the Black Ice tour. I know I told you before. When Angus did his guitar solo, I cried. It's only the second time I've ever cried at a concert.
Speaker 1: I love her, I love her.
Speaker 2: I I am starting to wonder what's going on with the Arlington stuff. Okay, me too.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy that people are thinking, like that's the city you would want to stop in out of all.
Speaker 1: Like what I mean, whatever, whatever, go eat your mid food. That's fine.
Speaker 2: We're bigger. We're bigger. Houston is bigger than Dallas. Does everybody know that? I don't think ac DC knows that. Listen, this is the hand that we were dealt ac DC the pretty reckless April fourteenth at and T Stadium in Rollington, Take us and go on sale Friday at noon. I got a pair of tickets for caller ten right now seven one three, two, one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is what we got.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna not go see them because they're not coming here, so we'll get you to the closest date. Caller number ten.
Speaker 1: Good luck, The Rod Ryan Show, The Bush ninety four five, The Bus, Papa Roach.
Speaker 2: And Getting Away with Murder. Good Morning, Ryan's Show. It's a big morning for me. We announced ac DC is including the US, where we should feel very fortunate that they are including the US. They're not calling it any kind of a farewell tour, which is smart. I'm cool with that. Don't say goodbye, don't say this is it. If it's not it, This.
Speaker 1: Has got to be it, right, this has gotta be gotta be it.
Speaker 2: It's got to be it. It's the Power Up Tour ac DC with special guest the Pretty Reckless. It's a Monday night, April fourteenth, twenty twenty five, ET and T Stadium in Arlington. More outrage coming through. What is going on with all this stuff in Dallas and not here in Houston. I don't know what to tell you. I don't know, but regionally, I understand. If you're gonna play something in Texas. They're just Dallas is I don't know. I don't know what's so attractive about it. It's just it's famous because of the TV show and the football team. You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, asally recognized.
Speaker 1: The hype is not living up to what it actually is.
Speaker 2: Well, tickets will go on sale this Friday at noon. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who we got here? You're her?
Speaker 1: Nelson?
Speaker 2: Hi Nelson?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 8: Oh man?
Speaker 13: I'm doing great?
Speaker 1: How about you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: This is what I have to say to you. Nelson. We rock at dawn on the front line. You're calling number ten.
Speaker 1: Congrats, Jo, congratulations. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 11: It though.
Speaker 2: You've got tickets to one of the greatest rock bands of all time. They're in the discussion as a top five great rock band of all time. You've got the very first pair of tickets to go see ac DC.
Speaker 13: You will rock awesome, man, Thank you so much. I'm so excited their lives. It's definitely one of the bands I have to see with that music. You go to my dad, so this is is exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your dad turned you onto them.
Speaker 13: Yes, Sair, Yes, As I was a little kids seven nine years old. That's when I started listing the music, and I just start hearing them with guns and roses.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, all the other fans around there.
Speaker 2: You know that's awesome, dude, Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: On man off the high Study.
Speaker 2: Who wait, it starts Monday. I'm so excited for you, Nelson. I'm hoping. I mean, you know, whoever wins the ticket is gonna.
Speaker 1: Win the tickets.
Speaker 2: But I am excited about somebody going to see them for the very first time.
Speaker 1: So Nelson enjoyed the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you. We will have tickets all week long to go see ac DC. Charlie's an ac DC man. Did you get all this information? Did you were able to get it up on the music blog page? Yeah, it's already.
Speaker 1: It's been updated and everything.
Speaker 2: You're going to see him? Are you asking for a day off already?
Speaker 1: No? No, I ain't going to Luke Dallas.
Speaker 14: So if they don't come to Houston, I don't want to see anybody like I'm a believer, like you must not want my money.
Speaker 2: So I'm still mad at JJ Watts for leaving. Yeah, he's hey, you gave Andre Johnson a pass for leaving.
Speaker 1: He got kicked out.
Speaker 2: Of here by Bill.
Speaker 14: It's the same thing as the Kasten.
Speaker 2: Listen my ac DC brother. They're playing the rose Ball. Never heard of them. The Friday the same week they're playing here a Friday night show, they're playing the rose Ball, and then the next weekend on Saturday. Because a lot of these they don't give they don't care what day it is. They're playing every four days. So if they play on a Monday, then they're playing on Friday. Then they're playing on Tuesday. Right, they will play in They will be in Vegas the week after our show on a Saturday night. Now, Vegas might be Vegas might be worth it all football stadiums, but Vegas might be worth it. Vegas is like an ex Wait.
Speaker 1: If they're playing on a Monday, then they're playing on a Thursday. Like they go Monday and then they go right Like.
Speaker 2: Dallas fifteen sixteen, seventeen eighteen, When is the eighteenth? I thought it was Friday. Maybe I'm gonna have to wait for that Dallas show. Then Dallas, I'm sorry, maybe I'll have to wait for that Vegas show on Saturday.
Speaker 1: There you go. You just live in Vegas, but I just don't think I can do it. They're not in a sphere, dude, you can't go if they're not a spare.
Speaker 2: They're too big for the sphere. All right, guys, take us to ac DC all week.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four the bus.
Speaker 2: I'm forty one dopamine rod Ryan's Show MILF Monday, eight thirty seven. All right, Terry's not wrong. Terry's been listening since this morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, she.
Speaker 2: Said, I'm not switching to your sister station until after you're done, lovely, because we all know what Sunny's doing down the hall. We know it's going on down there. She said, I have been listening since six o'clock and you have not played Michael Boublay yet. I don't know that I promised. I don't know that I promised Michael Boublay every day. I just said, she said in there, it's Terry's fault.
Speaker 5: Is a matter of time.
Speaker 1: How did Terry find Arry? How did her email find its way right to you?
Speaker 2: Jerry's been listening since six She's like, where the f is Michael Bublair question? Where is he?
Speaker 1: He's right here?
Speaker 2: He's right here. He just hasn't found you yet.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's Cyber Monday, three weeks until Christmas.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 2: If you're making a push, what is it that you're looking for right now? Parents were asked what they're buying their kids under fourteen. I was interested in this. What category are they shopping for? The number one category for kids? Sorry it's close. What yeah, number one? Now think about this when you're.
Speaker 1: A little you're sitting to get When you were a little.
Speaker 2: Kid and you could spot the box, you knew long box, you knew what a shirt box looked like. Ugh, socks and shirts and it was the worst, Like nobody went for those. Those were the last things that were open. We knew that there was going to be clothes in there. Yeah, parents say, that's the parents with kids under fourteen? What category are they shopping for? Top response? Clothing, shoes and those types of things. Sixty percent of parents said that was going to be a priority. Toys is number two at forty two percent. That is a massive decrease from clothing. I don't remember buying London any clothes for Christmas yet, and just just because I knew it was such a letdown, when I was a kid. You want toys, you want toys, you want stuff. You want that weird shaped thing. You want that thing that you just can't imagine. What is that? You want something that has like a weird and the like.
Speaker 4: You get a guy a golf club and you wrap it. It's like, this looks like a golf club, but what could it be? It's the weird looking one. Let's open that, dude. I still laugh. I still laugh when the dad gets the bowling ball set on his balls on the Christmas Story right, what is it?
Speaker 2: Right after the can of Simon, i'se yeah, I still let the bowling ball wrapped like a bowling ball. Still it still makes me laugh, puts it right on his d Sorry, kids, most of them are in school by now.
Speaker 1: Parents. Are you buying clothes for your kids?
Speaker 2: I just don't. I just haven't done it. I just knew that it just sucked. I just knew that it stunk.
Speaker 3: Also, there's like an age when they're babies where they don't care what they're opening, like they just want to be involved.
Speaker 1: In the process.
Speaker 3: But like, at what age you really start caring? Like I really hope I get this, And if you don't. It's a letdown, Like there's I feel like London's at that age where she.
Speaker 1: Knows exactly what she wants.
Speaker 2: It's six and a half. Yeah, it's six and a half. And I'm telling you right now, I don't even want to see the disappointment on her face if she opens it up and it's new socks. Yeah, you think my kid's gonna be sensitive to my feelings. She's gonna go, oh great, what's the next thing? Like it's just it's it's almost a waste. Don't do It's almost a waste. Don't do the c And she knows she's smart. She's like, this guy's gonna get me socks anyways. Like he's gonna get.
Speaker 1: Me socks year round, have socks.
Speaker 2: He knows how dirty min a because I'm running around outside with no shoes on in the socks, right, this guy's gonna get me socks. So she's not wanting to open them up on Christmas morning. But that's what parents say buying their kids. And there's your Michael Blueblay Today Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Here we Go ninety four or five The Buzz Good morning, rod Ryan's show, Eat fifty four mostly sunny skies today, no rain. I've about sixty eight. I'm panicking. I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't have my Christmas stuff out yet. Oh really, Yeah, it was a big weekend for it, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it yesterday.
Speaker 1: Just couldn't.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's so nice and it was a perfect day to decorate, but I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I just I just was.
Speaker 2: Not feeling it.
Speaker 3: People had him up at on my dad's street, and my dad and my brother were going back forth.
Speaker 1: Should we put him up? Well, no one puts him up. We're We're the only ones that put him up. I left.
Speaker 3: When I left my Dad's like, there were like six houses that had lights on already.
Speaker 2: I'm panicking. Just give me, give me this week, Give me this week to work.
Speaker 1: It's all you get. Otherwise you're not going to play Blue Blay over here. Really, you're threatening you say you like Christmas? I do want to play it on alternative rock station. Yeah, no lights.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it's a beautiful day to get out.
Speaker 1: There and do some decorating today.
Speaker 2: One final time, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump is responding to President Biden's surprise decision to pardon his son Hunter, which happened yesterday and a truth social post. Trump asked of the pardon, it includes what he calls the January sixth hostages who have now been in prison for years. He went on to call it an abuse and miscarriage of justice. Black Friday shopper spent a record ten point eight billion dollars online this year, so the season of spending officially begin last week, and it's a big one online. According to Adobe Analytics, Black Friday online shopping alone reach a new high of ten point eight billion dollars. For perspectives seven years ago, online sales on Black Friday we're just over five billion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look at what stuff costs now, so you can't even compare those. It doesn't mean that we're doing more shopping. It's just we're paying so much more for everything.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: It wasn't just Friday that saw massive sales. A record six point one billion dollars was spent online on Thanksgiving Day itself. The major driver of Black sales on Friday. On Black Friday, according to Adobe, were toys, which were up six hundred and twenty two percent over an average.
Speaker 1: Day earlier this fall.
Speaker 3: Sales of jewelry were also up five hundred and sixty one percent. Appliances were a big shopping target, especially also apparel and electronics.
Speaker 1: Over half of the online sales on Black.
Speaker 3: Friday happened on a phone. Not to be outdone Cyber Monday, which is today, Adobe says shoppers because could easily spend upwards of thirteen billion. Incredible, incredible. All right, how's your fridge looking.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a purge today. Okay, and I think everybody needs to listen to what you're about to say. Okay, Thanksgiving leftovers. That's it. It's a ticking time bomb in your fridge.
Speaker 3: Today's lunch, tonight's meal should probably be it for you. Let's say Thanksgiving leftover buffet. Make it a big one, go out with a bang. It's been four days since Thanksgiving, so today technically is the last day you should eat your leftovers before they go back.
Speaker 2: Some of that stuff was made the day before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Some people might live dangerously and push it a few more days, but experts really don't recommend it. According to the USDA, turkey stuffing, potato, sweet potatoes, green beans, gravy, and pie can all be safely stored in the fridge for three to four days, but after that.
Speaker 1: They might make you sick.
Speaker 3: And if you don't want to waste food, most leftovers can last a few months in the freezer, so get them in their asap. There's one Thanksgiving staple that will survive in the fridge a little longer, homemade cranberry sauce. That's a week to ten days. I had them this morning, and the can stuff can last up to two weeks in the fridge. So there you go.
Speaker 2: Just make it yourself. It's the easiest thing.
Speaker 3: To make that Thanksgiving is over, but that means Christmas is up next. We have twenty of the best Christmas comedies that are ready to stream, attached with their streaming networks. Okay, this is up on the blog page. A Christmas Story is number one? But where can you find it?
Speaker 1: Max?
Speaker 3: This is what this like you said, that's what this list is helpful for. We know the movies that are good and that we want to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but where do we watch them? Like Home Alone? That's what you want to watch, Alex?
Speaker 3: Yeah, any idea where you can stream it Disney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so London had a list. We did a little road trip and uh so I'll let her watch the movies in the car. First time we've ever done that. I've ever done that. I got the little thing on the back of the head rest.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: So she's given me a list. I want to watch this, this, this, this and this. I'm gonna go track all that crap down.
Speaker 1: It's like, you need like a team, like I need like a team of investigators. Yes, I'm like, and then do you think my kids?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Okay, where is this stuff?
Speaker 3: She's like like like that's a U problem, sir, do it, Like I told you what I wanted, Just do it, Dan, make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where's Man? Where's Elf? Where is Elf? Oh? Elf is on Max as well?
Speaker 2: Okay, and then I had to track down, well, there's Chippy the Elf.
Speaker 3: I know that Charlie Brown Christmas is on Apple TV. Plus the one I like is the How the Grinch Shold Christmas that's on Peacock.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so now you know, Oh god, what's this?
Speaker 1: Well, it's a song that can really see I feel.
Speaker 2: Like for every blay you put on some Harry crab listen, get me back.
Speaker 3: Whoever's listening and wants to get these songs unstuck out of their heads. We have an earworm earworm eraser, and supposely if you listen to it, it can get rid of songs that are stuck in your head. And we have the audio for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Here, I'm gonna cleanse your palette. Here, ear palette.
Speaker 2: All right, this is gonna clean.
Speaker 1: All right, we forgot about it, all right. Now, I didn't edit this. This is how it is.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a YouTube link to this.
Speaker 1: Yes, on the music blog page.
Speaker 3: Also, maybe the headline should not be this anymore, and now it should be like a CDC is going on a tourls.
Speaker 1: But but now you have both. Okay, you know both of those things. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 2: Speaking of said band.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Texans got to win yesterday.
Speaker 4: They got by the Jaguars twenty three to twenty.
Speaker 1: There was a fight that broke out in the second quarter.
Speaker 4: After Nazis al Shaier hit not Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence out at a game. Sense have still got a two game lead over the Colts for first place in the AFC South right now, and they're looking pretty good going into that. On Monday Night football, Bnicks and the Broncos host Miles Garrett and the Browns. Broncos your six point favorites heading into this game that kicks off at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN and basketball. The Rockets got another win last night. They beat the thunder one nineteen to one sixteen. Fred Van Vleet had thirty eight points of the night to lead all players in scoring. They've now won three straight and five of their last six. They're gonna have a day off today before playing the Kings tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you something, buddy? You sure can, Buddy, where is Where is Josh Allen in your MVP discussion?
Speaker 5: He's number one? I would give it to him.
Speaker 1: Now, it's a long season.
Speaker 5: Do you think Josh Allen is my MVP?
Speaker 1: Is he here? Goat?
Speaker 5: I will tell you somebody, because you don't want Saquon Barkley's absolutely under any circumstances.
Speaker 3: Okay, why is he so good in Philly and not good on the Giants?
Speaker 5: Because the Giants were trying to tank The whole time when he was running it.
Speaker 1: Why is nobody good on the Giant because we're trying to back five? Leave me alone?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 8: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan showed the verve and bittersweet Symphony from the Urban Hymns album Uh and we are in the nine o'clock hour together. Welcome to board, guys, Happy Cyber Monday. A few of you aren't telling me that you're out there and you're looking for deals and you're shopping, and I'm getting all the same crap you are, but maybe not quite as much.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Testa, it's I don't know what you sign up for.
Speaker 2: I don't why you get so many text.
Speaker 1: Messages, so many TEGs?
Speaker 2: You must okay it?
Speaker 1: No, you know what I do? They go?
Speaker 3: Would you like to receive an extra five percent off of checkout? Just go ahead and put in your your cell phone number and then.
Speaker 1: And then you'll get it. Didn't I do it? And then I have all the do me a favorite? What would you sure?
Speaker 2: How many? This is the game? Right? Alex versus Chili Chili?
Speaker 1: I need you in here.
Speaker 2: I need you in here, closest to the pin.
Speaker 1: There's chili.
Speaker 2: This this gives me so much anxiety.
Speaker 1: Chili.
Speaker 2: You there always coming in? Oh he wants to come in, get in? Did I say come in? Yeah? I love I love chili. When he's in here immediately Mary smells good too. He wears like a secret cologne.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's tacos out there. Did you see that he had?
Speaker 5: He's doing a show right now.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Chili.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 1: I missed you, buddy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ah, you closest to the pin?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: How many unread text messages does Tessa have on her phone right now that's accessible to you? Yeah, okay, you will see a number on your phone. These are the ones that you have not even looked at. Messages text messages. I have none unless somebody texted me like in the last hours.
Speaker 1: This has a lot too unread unread texts during the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, hang on, let me take a look. She said, this is for reference.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have and one of them was a two factor authentication thing to get in, so that doesn't an count.
Speaker 2: I have one. I have one unread text. It's from deb over at BMP and uh, and she's getting the Rod Ryan show care store open today for cyber Monday deals. See so in case you want to do some last minute shopping, she said, she can get this stuff up now. I have no unread text messages, nor do I ever walk around with a bunch of unread text messages. Now, this is where our friend test is different. How many, Chillie, how many unread text messages does Testa have on her phone right now?
Speaker 15: I'm gonna go with about one hundred, one hundred Chili, one hundred, Alex, how many on red text messages?
Speaker 1: One hundred? Is It's a lot. It is a lot.
Speaker 2: But if it's not wrong, it's insane.
Speaker 5: In my you initially said this, I thought one twelve just off the top of my head. Okay, I can you picture the red dot or one hundred and twelve on it?
Speaker 1: M hmm, okay, that's one twelve.
Speaker 2: I'd like to play this game, if you don't mind me jumping in off king what you got the person that comes closest without going over. I hate to be that asshole. I'm going one thirteen.
Speaker 1: She probably has.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say she's got one hundred and sixty, but just to win the game. I'm gonna go one thirteen.
Speaker 1: Box and box you out. Are you guys ready?
Speaker 2: Tessa? How many? I'm telling you it's to it. When she when she says the number, yeah, my heart is gonna pound through my chest. It's I'm anxious right now as to what you have sitting on that phone?
Speaker 1: What's a new phone?
Speaker 3: But all the data transfers, Oh, god, two hundred and seventy eight, two red texts.
Speaker 1: One hundred and seventy eight text.
Speaker 2: For the love of God, that's psychopathic.
Speaker 14: That's disrespectful, disrespectful.
Speaker 1: Don't they beat up pink Lily fashioned? Nova number friend? Spam I do?
Speaker 2: Now you have an iPhone? It's well documented you're in that cult.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you not have a spam folder? I mean, does I have nine?
Speaker 13: I have?
Speaker 1: That's not a lot better? Is that election crap and everything? Probably? Maybe? Let's see. I mean i'd have to go back if I don't know anybody. How many delete?
Speaker 2: How many on read text messages on your phone?
Speaker 14: I probably have one now that we're talking about this, one probably texting me. Yeah, the hell of it.
Speaker 2: But you don't have anything like to seventy eight?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 14: I think it's disrespectful when you text somebody and they never respond, like even.
Speaker 1: If it's eighty mobile. Hey, don't forget to finish your account. Our kids deserve safe and healthy schools.
Speaker 3: Vote now for prompt saying beat like actually does not disrespectful?
Speaker 2: Did I did? I just went closest to the pink?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does that bell for me? Think low boutique?
Speaker 2: Start a boxing out, Alex.
Speaker 1: But that's fine.
Speaker 2: I knew you guys were low. I knew you guys were low. I didn't think it was a ridiculous tent.
Speaker 1: Two. If you would have said emails, I would have gone one thousand. You all want to do that?
Speaker 5: One emails I don't think count because like emails, take the weekend off and don't check emails on your phone like that can be four thousand just in one week.
Speaker 1: Emails thirty two thousand, four and eighty two.
Speaker 2: That's unread, unread?
Speaker 1: Why would I read all that?
Speaker 2: That's why I get emails and say, would you please send this to Tesla? Because she doesn't ever respond and I have to send her things.
Speaker 1: You respond, I just make you check your email. I'll tell you that in the break. Did make me check my email? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because you but you respond, You're like cranking about responding.
Speaker 5: I do you guys really good?
Speaker 1: This is fine, but I mean, but I have I have fourteen thousand.
Speaker 4: I try to respond to as many like real emails as possible, but I just don't.
Speaker 5: I'm bad about deleting like the spam ones.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'll come back to this. I hate just seeing that number.
Speaker 14: Like just seeing like that I have an on red message is something that I just hate.
Speaker 3: They know that, the programmers know that, they know that it bothers you.
Speaker 1: You have to you have to rise above that. All right, Well, there you go. Is like serial killer.
Speaker 2: That is numbers in sanity.
Speaker 1: I think it's.
Speaker 3: Insanity of you on your phone delete, go in and do everything message Nah no thanks.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Welcome Back, rod Ryan Show nine twenty six. Hey, Alex Online, It's Alex Online ninety four five The Muzz. What you got us doing today?
Speaker 4: Today You're gonna be looking at the original logos of a bunch of companies and seeing if you can recognize what companies they currently are today. Like the Starbucks one is the first one and it's just the boobs. Yeah, it's not green. It looks like it was more like hand drawn than the one you see now.
Speaker 2: But she had nipples.
Speaker 5: She had had she had nipples. It was pretty sick n it's pretty sick hips.
Speaker 4: And then mark very basic older logos that they started out with.
Speaker 5: You just got to go see if you can tell which company that is.
Speaker 2: Somebody had to walk in now, somebody had to walk in and said, guys, we're gonna franchise these out. Lose the nips.
Speaker 5: That's the finest part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like about this, lose the nipples. That's how we love it.
Speaker 2: We're going nationwide, no nips nationwide.
Speaker 4: It's all down hell from there except for the money park. We go check it out and see if you can name all these logos. World Famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com, The rod Ryan Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: I've the Buzz, Good Morning. Rod Ryan's Show talked about Lincoln Park. One of the big stories. I don't know what was that, the biggest music story of twenty twenty four. Lincoln Park back together, pretty huge, the biggest music I mean for what we do for us. Yes, biggest music story of the year.
Speaker 1: I mean, what was what was bigger?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Somebody died? Oh sure, yeah, well people died, but I mean that.
Speaker 2: Was the resurrection, you know what I mean, the biggest Alex just walked in. The biggest music story of the year. Link a park back together, I would say, yeah, like rock, Yeah, I think sock story of the year.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 5: I know, Jilly Rolling, Bunny, you didn't want only of that?
Speaker 1: Oh well, don't get me started. I mean we should ask Bunny. They're kind of mad and Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Oh, Laney Wilson and Jelly Roll thought that was kind of a lackluster performance.
Speaker 1: I really did good. I woke up. I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up to Laney singing. I thought she did good.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I missed all of that.
Speaker 5: I android the halftime winning of the game.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't mean a lot.
Speaker 2: Mostly studies skies today, no rain, highs of around sixty age Cyber Monday.
Speaker 1: Do do do?
Speaker 2: It's a new month.
Speaker 1: Welcome to December. Everybody. Can you believe it?
Speaker 2: It's December already?
Speaker 1: I can't. We only have one month left. The whole year. Are you gonna say that on your TV show today? I'm going to say it.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it's December?
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna say, can you believe we only have one month? Less the whole year?
Speaker 2: I feel those are TV acceptable. Yeah, can you believe?
Speaker 1: You can't? You could believe we only have one month? You are just expected to be here right now.
Speaker 3: You don't take this year flew by.
Speaker 5: Just go month to month?
Speaker 1: Okay? Mouth?
Speaker 2: It was uh oh, I learned a new thing, so we went to help. I learned a new thing because you just call him smash Mouth.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, he was like the years keep coming and they don't stop coming.
Speaker 1: I didn't get it at first.
Speaker 2: We uh went to Great Wolf Lodge for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 2: We didn't go to the new one. We went to the one out because I had an event up in Dallas. We went to a thing in Dallas, and then we went to the one up there Grapevine, Texas. Oh yeah, Christmas Capital of Texas. Really nice at Christmas time. But the little guy, the little guy, that's a little guy. Uh, you know, they have story time and they have dance parties at Great Wolf lodge. They take care of kids. Wolves kids everywhere, no wolves.
Speaker 1: But all the kids disappointment, but free.
Speaker 2: Ears for everyone. So there's a kind of a bunch of wolves runol and he the guy was looking for volunteers to get involved in story time. And he said, okay, I need a couple of things though. I need you to crisscross apple sauce. I need you to raise your hand, and I need bubble mouth. I didn't know what that was.
Speaker 1: London knew exactly what it was to be quiet. Bubble mouth.
Speaker 2: You can't tell what are you going to tell kids to shut up? You can't.
Speaker 3: Bub moth go bubble mouth like, oh, bubble mouth, like you're holding your breath.
Speaker 2: Like you hold your breath bubble You're doing a bubble mouth right now. Okay, I want bubble mouth. So now, I mean that's huge in my house.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: It's like, don't you know, Dish exactly knew what he was talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, must be said at school. It's a thing. So I mean, you know, because you don't sit Indian style anymore, you said chriss cross applesauce. I knew that was going on. But you know, this guy wanted very specific things who he was going to pick, but he wanted bubble mouth. Okay, I had never ever heard that before. I thought it was brilliant. I go with bubble mouth, and Lenon just looks at me. She's got her her bucked out and.
Speaker 1: She's like, this is bubble mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, awesome, that's cool.
Speaker 1: At learn gotta keep that one. Tried it on the sign significant other. See how it goes.
Speaker 2: Bubble mouth. Sure, bubble mouth. Like you're watching your games, bubble mouth.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna work.
Speaker 2: All right. I started this out, I was like, can you believe that it's December?
Speaker 3: No test? In fact, I'm dying of shock.
Speaker 2: Here's a few things to look forward to in December. Okay, college football bowl games start on the fourteenth.
Speaker 1: There go Alex Alex.
Speaker 2: The second annual NBA Cup Tournament runs through December seventeenth. They tried something last year.
Speaker 4: It's called the n Season Tournament, and then they're like, what if we got people to sponsor it.
Speaker 5: And we can make more money off of it, And that's what it did.
Speaker 1: So in the time, it's already qualified and a big deal. So it's a mid year championship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So like the Tuesday Friday games. In the beginning, they're at group stage games, so they count until you qualify for the next round, and then the top eight teams go and then I think the top four teams go to Vegas.
Speaker 2: But it goes, but it also contributes to your record at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: It does, and it curertrises them to play harder and they get a bonus to win those games, so they're.
Speaker 1: Good to day.
Speaker 4: We win it, then it is an awesome thing. And if anybody else wins it, we just call it a fake fake title, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Okay, not real. Other things that are happening in December. If you've turned on the TV one time I'm in the last week, you know that Mufasa the Lion King is opening up on December twentieth. What a great origin story.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a whole different one.
Speaker 2: It's how Mufasa became MUFAs.
Speaker 1: I guess I haven't turned on gv enough. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is this is the one where it looks I think it's all CGI, but they look real. It's not a cartoon. The track, so that opens on December twentieth. Listen to it on the drive on Christmas Day. There's a movie called There's nos Faratu. Bill Scarsguard like they're going full on the Devil on Christmas Day? Nos Faratu? Right?
Speaker 1: Is it nos Faratu?
Speaker 2: Is it the Devil? Or is it or is it Dracula? Or is it like a hybrid Dracula?
Speaker 3: Devil Guy is a symphony of horror.
Speaker 2: Bill Scarsguard is super scary guy.
Speaker 1: So I know it's going to be good.
Speaker 2: Let's see. And then Bob Dylan the the Timothy challamet Bob and opens up on Christmas. Okay, that I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 1: That should be exciting. Is associated with the vampires?
Speaker 2: Vampire? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is the offensive one or the insufferable one?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: In Romanian, it's weird that it's coming out on Christmas Day, Alex. Let's see here. Jamie Fox's stand up special. Is he going to talk about why he was sick?
Speaker 1: He's going to his special? Give me a c.
Speaker 2: Jamie Fox's new stand up special hits Netflix next Tuesday. You heard me talking about the iHeartRadio jingle ball. I'm nuts about it. That's going to air. We can all watch it on TV on the eighteenth. Wait, Nate Bargat says new stand Up Special Netflix on the twenty fourth. Where is he on the list of where is he right now? On the Hottest Comedians like the biggest comedians out there?
Speaker 1: Is he a top five guy?
Speaker 5: Top ten?
Speaker 2: Top ten?
Speaker 5: Top ten? I don't have top five right now that.
Speaker 2: Give, but I would think when you, I mean for sure top ten, when you get when you get invited to call Bullet Times now to host seasons of it, Yep, so for sure he's And then the season two of Squid Game, boy they waited a long time. Huh yeah, I'm almost not into it until I get back into.
Speaker 1: It, until until if it's gone.
Speaker 2: But it's the same dude going back right remember his daughter.
Speaker 3: Right now he knows what the game is and he's going to go try to like save people, I think.
Speaker 2: But that old guy, I think died in real life, so I don't think he's going to be bad in real life.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen that story.
Speaker 2: Real life death. Squid Game on the twenty.
Speaker 5: Sixth, The Past Gavy eleventh Annel Christmas Spectacular December twenty first you skipped over.
Speaker 2: That, Oh bro, I didn't know about that. Tell me a.
Speaker 5: Cobo's Downtown twenty twelve, Rust Street it's gonna be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what is what days? The twenty first fall on Saturday. It's one of those ones where you like drink all day on a Saturday, not.
Speaker 4: One of those that is an option that you can do. I will not be doing that. I will be playing on a show Saturday.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go.
Speaker 2: It's all fun.
Speaker 4: Cobo's is having to change locations because they're doing the freeway overpast then there, and so this be our last event at that location of Cobos.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was gonna mention Christmas first and then you.
Speaker 1: But it was before Christmas we were going giologically. You're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: So I guess Christmas is another big thing that's going to happen after.
Speaker 5: The spectacular biggest Quanta.
Speaker 2: The Quanta starts on December twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: Okay, after Alex. Okay, so logical.
Speaker 2: So today is Cyber Monday, Tomorrow is.
Speaker 1: Giving Tuesday, Thank.
Speaker 2: You Boxing Day, Giving Tuesday Tomorrow. Answer answer the phone like buddy, the Elf Day is on the eighteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, did we knock about this before We've done that?
Speaker 3: We used to when we had phones, we would play like we.
Speaker 1: Were Buddy of the Elf.
Speaker 2: Buddy the elf. What's your favorite color?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we would reach over each other's desks and do it.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought just us dummies did that. I didn't know that was a day.
Speaker 1: Now that's today. All right, okay, it could be. That's what you need to know.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it? You believe it is December?
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five US ninety four or five The Boss, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. All right, man, we're coming up on know the show already. What have we giving away?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to see Jerry Cantrell a House of Blues.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, all right, meet.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you. If you missed it. The big concert announcement today eight o'clock was ac DC planing Arlington. More outrage coming in. What's up with Arlington? What's up with these bands? Rod?
Speaker 1: This is getting too much now, too much missing skipping.
Speaker 2: Puts me in a tough situation, because do you not want the tickets?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: I mean they're not coming to Houston, I.
Speaker 3: Still be We're still calling, right, like the phone still lit up when you give away those tickets.
Speaker 2: But I understand the outrage. It does seem like I was not jumping on board with Okay, we're giving away some more tickets here.
Speaker 4: This is one this TI this is gross and like why would you go to that gross town instead of this awesome city.
Speaker 3: Outrage is funny because it's like, Okay, you're still going though, so I can say annoyed, like I outraged, so annoy let's start there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, some email has been trickling in, like dude, what is happening here? Why are we getting bypassed for this stuff? I'm seeing a little bit of the trend as well. But I'm still gonna give away those tickets, so we'll have those tickets all week. That was again, I'm just referencing. That was the concert announcement at eight. We gave away the first pair of tickets. We'll have them all week for you. But right now we're gonna get ready to know the show. Jerry Cantreell February twenty sixth. This guy never comes off the road, man, He's constantly touring. That show's gonna be at the House of Blues. That's a beautiful, beautiful place for him.
Speaker 1: So we'll have a question for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock Houston's alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 2: The Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, we call it know the show.
Speaker 2: Prove to us that you were paying attention. I don't know what she's going to ask you, but I don't even know if I was paying attention. What are you asking today? These are for the Jerry Cantrell tickets House the Blues February twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: What is it the last day to do?
Speaker 3: What is today the last like there is an expiration date on something?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 2: Is I here for that discussion?
Speaker 1: Tell me what it is? I was here for that?
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, it's the.
Speaker 1: Last day to do something.
Speaker 2: It's a strong recommendation, That's what it is.
Speaker 1: From the experts seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: If you know the show, Hey Alexa played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting.
Speaker 1: Ninety four point five The Bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: The Ron Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, wrapping up a meals Monday, mostly Sunday today, no rain, highs of around sixty eight.
Speaker 1: Come on, peas now, time for I know this show on ninety four five the buzz l.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Good morning Rod Ryan's show. Who we got?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 12: Rod?
Speaker 1: This is Ron? Hello, Ron? How are you?
Speaker 10: I'm doing well?
Speaker 2: Does anyone ever hear your name Ron and call you Rod because they've misheard you? Because because it goes the the mishearing Rod happens all the time. Ron and Rob must be more popular than Rod.
Speaker 1: You absolutely, even Chili couldn't even get my name. He had asked three times, Rod John.
Speaker 2: Jan John Sean Jan. That's a good one, he Ron Juan, Dude, you're Ron Wan Ron? Okay, Ron one?
Speaker 1: What's your question over there? Testa for Ron one? Can you tell me what is the lat What today is as far as like the last day you have to do something? Today's a last day for Thanksgiving leftovers?
Speaker 2: Well, it's a strong suggestion from me who's had food poisoning before, right, I know the experts, Rod, just you not a tummy ache. I had food poisoning before, right, So I don't even monkey Ron with that stuff.
Speaker 1: If it's old, I'm not even trying it.
Speaker 2: I don't want I don't want to ever relive that I was asking to be put out of my misery. I was asking to be killed, okay, as I was laying on the floor sweating and freezing. Right right, Ron Juan, you are the winner on Know the Show today.
Speaker 1: What do you give it them?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: You get the tickets to see Jerry Cantrell at House the Blues because you know the shows.
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 1: Did you have did you have some turkey last week?
Speaker 2: Ron?
Speaker 8: Wan?
Speaker 5: I had turkey several days last week and I'm.
Speaker 10: Planning on eating them again for another three days following.
Speaker 2: Now the three days, so you're gonna you're gonna gamble with that.
Speaker 1: You be careful, good luck. Wrong one had a bulletproof stomach.
Speaker 2: All right, congratulations, Ron, thank you very much. Game one of the fresh out of bed head you had Tournament of Champions. It was a great game. It was a great game. The Birdman and Tommy the Gun squared off against one another. Tommy the Gun first time in the Hall of Fame. Yeah, great games. If you're not following along, the brackets are online. You can go and check that out. Scotty the Birdman, Scotty knows he'd beat Tommy the Gun first tournament autumn is gonna play Paul tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I like that, Yes, like that.
Speaker 2: Thank you to the Texas Hammer today test the six picks. Geez, I mean we're so busy today. Well a lot of people looked at your six picks though.
Speaker 1: We see the time. Do we see your holiday table?
Speaker 2: We see any is there food there one?
Speaker 3: What the best holiday snack anyone could ever have?
Speaker 2: Oh? Really?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: Talkies?
Speaker 2: Taki's in a mountain dew? Close close?
Speaker 1: Okay, you have to go click. Okay, no more hints.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm going to go testa six picks. We announced a c DC today. We played Closest to the ten or Closest to the Pin and I won today Text Message edition. Yeah, so Milk Monday was your number one link today. Hey you know what, Chili, I'm going to have you add this to links and guests. Dep got the store back up and running, and she said that she's deeply discounted all the Rod Ryan Show merchandise that we have left. So we're doing our own little cyber Monday thing super discounted. The money will still go to charity. And if you order and we'll probably have it open for a couple of days. This stuff is, it'll be ready for Christmas. So if you need a last minute Christmas gift, the rod Ryan Show Cares store, we're going to reopen it. And she's worked. She's been like scrambling and working on that. Almost Thank you, dab love you tat Tuesday tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: Chili chili brown Christmas, please, all right, Chili brown Christmas.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying ahead.
Speaker 2: My heart said I'm mad, but nobody else said anything. Non Stop Jeremy's got the NonStop noon or pick a tickets with him in the one o'clock hour Cyber Monday. Store is open at rod Ryan Show on All socials, test us on Houston Life today at one o'clock. Maybe Chili Brown tomorrow. I don't know. I think we shouldn't.
Speaker 1: We definitely should.
Speaker 2: He seems like he's in a good mood.
Speaker 1: He does he is.
Speaker 2: That's it, guys. Around the twenty hour break, thank you for coming back and joining us. Don't miss this freshout of bad head to head Tournament of Champions. These games are amazing. Get up join us in homeroom, all right, AMF.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 2: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.