Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's the Sandy Shop, Sandy and Tricia. How'd you like to win one thousand dollars your first chance to win? Coming up at nine o'clock on Austin's eighty station What Oh three point one and streaming on my iHeartRadio app. It's a legit question. One hundred men versus a silverback gorilla? Who wins?
Speaker 3: A legit question? Random question?
Speaker 1: Who wins?
Speaker 2: It's all over social media right now and you've got all kinds of different answers right now having seen a silverback gorilla in person to the zoo and how angry he can get?
Speaker 3: Remember that one Oh.
Speaker 4: We're at the Henry Dorley Zoo and Omaha rant the gorilla enclosure. One of the girly gorillas was eating some food out of a little half of a tire tire than cut in half went out of nowhere. She's minding her own business from the other side of the room as silver Back comes running over, grabs her tire bowl, dumps out the food, takes it to the other side of the enclosure during peace in it and.
Speaker 1: He smacked her too.
Speaker 2: If you remember he smacked he was was doing anything.
Speaker 1: He was not happy. There was more to that story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something had happened, but I mean I was amazed how fast he was.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't know how long he could keep that up, but he could move.
Speaker 2: So on Saturday, our daughter's ROTC group at our high school, they volunteered to clean up one of the veterans parks, Veterans Memorial Park, And while I was there, I thought, well, just take out my iPhone and ask the kids that question. All right, one hundred men versus a silver back gorilla. I asked a group of boys first.
Speaker 5: Eventually, solely due to stamina, the one hundred men, but they will lose around to half half of them.
Speaker 1: All right, same question.
Speaker 5: So going off of a weight scale, it's going to be the one hundred men. Because if you've got one hundred one hundred pound men ten thousand, myth that about sixty three will die for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, eventually the men will win, but if seventy men will die.
Speaker 3: I gotta go. One hundred men. They got it over the gorilla.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of men. There's a lot of men.
Speaker 4: They were really specific with that sixty three men will die.
Speaker 1: I was shocked about that too, So it's.
Speaker 3: Like they had done some calculating.
Speaker 2: So that was the boys, right, And then I was a group of girls and I went up and asked them the same question, and as I knew what happened, the girls would have way more words than the boys.
Speaker 1: Of course than the boys do.
Speaker 2: So here's what the girls said when asked a hundred men versus a silverback gorilla, who would win? One hundred men versus a silverback gorilla?
Speaker 1: Who wins?
Speaker 6: So I know that silverback gorillas are very powerful, all right, But with the perseverance of a hundred men, I feel like we can destroy one silver back gorilla.
Speaker 3: It takes strategy. I know we don't have we won't have weapons, but what one hundred American men we can win.
Speaker 7: I feel like like if you take stamina into account, some people are like, if you take it like out of the picture, then people are like, oh yeah, like the gorilla wins one hundred percent of the time, and like the like when stamin is put back in, like the humans went. I think humans went either way because like, I don't know quite frankly.
Speaker 3: I think obviously, like what my what my.
Speaker 8: Colleague said, one hundred American men versus one grandma gorilla could win?
Speaker 3: Any day of the week.
Speaker 1: All right, next question, all right, how many men die?
Speaker 6: I'd say that a good.
Speaker 3: A quarter percent. Well, I say like a good fifty.
Speaker 7: I mean, like if the strat is like the pile on top of each other, though, like so many people are going to die because of all the way is going to crush all of them. But I say, like a good fifty, just straight up hands.
Speaker 8: So it's quite frankly all about strategy. You put the weaker people in the front to just distract the gorilla, so you know, you leave the strong people for the bat. I think about eighty six men died because they were the sacrifice to tire the gorilla out.
Speaker 1: Eighty six men die.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Do you want to know what the Internet says is the consensus as to gorilla winning or men winning? Yeah, they say the gorilla is the one that would win. They say based on just his strength, He's estimated to be four to ten times stronger than an average human and they are incredibly quick and also take into account if the humans aren't organized. So the Internet says the gorilla will win.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'd go I'd go wave on wave at the gorilla.
Speaker 1: I mean, like fifteen at a time.
Speaker 4: But just his sheer strength, he could just with yahy not kill people.
Speaker 1: I know I wouldn't want to be one of the one.
Speaker 4: It's as if those kids had like calculated their answers before you ask them.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they'd seen it on social media. The question wasn't brand new to them then. I really had discussed it. But a quarter that was Extra Saucy. That was one of Landry's friends.
Speaker 1: Who graduated, graduating going to the Navy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is my favorite, one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Two of them. I got two favorites in her in her group friend group, and she's one of them.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know one of the favorites, and Extra Saucy is one of the favorites. I have to think about the other one. I don't want to say it out I know, I know I'm not asking to say it. I'm saying I could figure out.
Speaker 2: A group of kids. I like them all. They're all good kids. But it was fun something to ask your friends. One hundred one hundred men versus a silverback Gorilla. Internet says gorilla wins, kids say people people, so stay with us.
Speaker 1: More coming up.
Speaker 2: One O three point one, Boston, Patricia's got a bolo for the unlock, which I was just a moment ago.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what it was that was on lookout, be on the lookout a boloola. If you watched more Dateline and forty eight Hours.
Speaker 2: Sandy, you would know that you're right. I would I would know that. Hey, by the way, did you know listen to this? They did this study in Canada. They found out that our bodies give off a faint glow that disappears as soon as we die.
Speaker 3: I knew that.
Speaker 4: I knew plants did it, and then a few months ago I read that they think human bodies do it too.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, you can't see it with a naked eye.
Speaker 3: Right, So then I'm like, so, how do you guys know?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: They had, They had put clothes on their eyes, and they saw the stories we love now coming to you from the Listerhold Studio, my dear friend and p C from time to.
Speaker 3: Time, Tricia, Delicia.
Speaker 4: So listen to this. Swifties are going to freak out when they hear this. A human leg bone was found less than half a mile down the road from Taylor Swift's Rhode Island mansion. A leg bone Sandy please do not believe it blongs to one of our ex boyfriends. In fact, at this time and at this time is in capital letters. Police do not suspect foul play. However, according to the New York Post, human bodies and remains have been found in multiple Northeastern states in recent months, leading some residents to worry that there might be a serial killer.
Speaker 3: On the l It sounds like you do. I feel like it means that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's to wonder, right? What you got here's a serial killer?
Speaker 3: I think you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've talked about this before, but how many active serial killers there are in the United States?
Speaker 1: The FBI says it's like two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's some terrifying number. Like they could bet that real number among us. But I mean again, I mentioned datelines and forty eight hour mysteries before. All the time you find out that people who uh just live right next door to you really were chopping people up and sticking them under their house. Or who's that guy up in the Northeast who had a whole like mile the of the Green River Killer or Green River Kill or a whole mile of area that he just would kill people and scatter their remains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I think went back and pointed out all the spots.
Speaker 4: He remembered all of them over like some crazy long period of time.
Speaker 1: My number was really bad. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: The FBI has historically estimated twenty five to fifty active serial killerers in the United States at any given time.
Speaker 1: That's still a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And again, the New York Post is saying that they've been finding remains multiple times in recent months, just in recent months, So I think somebody's doing it right now. A lot of times it can be weird truck drivers. Now I'm not saying all truck drivers are weird. I'm saying it can be a truck driver who's weird who travels up and down the same route so they have like their killing field in there.
Speaker 3: There's one in Houston too, Uh, a serial killer in Houston.
Speaker 1: There's a killing field in Houston between Houston and I think Beaumont.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did I ever tell you when I was a little girl, I lived in Houston. When this was when I was like two and three years old, and a very famous serial killer. We lived out in this neighborhood, this kind of new neighborhood and like within I don't know six blocks of our house was an area where you could rent boat storage.
Speaker 3: It had like an old aluminum building.
Speaker 4: People were renting the spaces and extoring their boats there, and it turned out to be the dumping ground of a very famous serial killer.
Speaker 2: This, yeah, this one that I was talking about is between Houston and Galveston. It's a fifty mile stretch where four women's bodies were found between eighty three and ninety one. Very swampy, remote bayous, oil filled stuff like that. Since nineteen seventy one, thirty four bodies, mostly girls, have been found along that court.
Speaker 3: Terrifying.
Speaker 1: It is terrifying.
Speaker 4: A serial killer that was dumping bodies by the house that I was living near. The Candy Man serial killer. Oh, terrifying. Dean Coral got him, Candyman serial killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The reason we found out it was a dumping ground was because my mom said the cops had taken him out there and lights were everywhere and he was showing him word to big come on, wow.
Speaker 3: Terrifying.
Speaker 1: I think Taylor Swift just shake it off. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think she's oh geez, shut that off. I think she's got plenty of security. She's fine, picker out more coming up to win. You know, we are givers on this show. We like to share with you things that we've recently discovered, things we like, Thanks for eing, thanks for listening to watching whatever, and we call it he likes, he likes. And I'm gonna go second, all right, And You're not allowed to poop poo mine.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go second because you think yours is better than mine.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna go second because I'm afraid we're gonna get myired in the quagmire of you poop pooeen.
Speaker 1: That's what I think. What's yours?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: This is an Insta got me Sandy, something that I saw on Instagram that for some reason I was all, Yes, I believe them.
Speaker 3: I'm going to order this immediately.
Speaker 4: It is a body oil and it's by Salt Hare SA L t A I R. And you can go to Salt dot com and they have a lot of different fragrances, but I chose Santile Bloom s A N t A L Bloom. Again, it's a body oil and it absorbs, it's not too oily, and it makes your skin kind of glowy, and it smells.
Speaker 1: It smells good, it smells awesome.
Speaker 4: You love the smell to and I like the idea of a body oil in the summer rather than like a lotion, because sometimes lotions can get kind of I don't know, caki or does it serve the same purpose as a lotion, Yes, yes, it definitely does. It has Squalaine oil in it, which is I use it on my face all the time. And this is so it's basically squalene oil for your body. Has a bunch of other stuff in there too. My main thing is I love, love love how it smells. And it's a big old bottle. Yeah, it was only like twenty five bucks. You're going to have that for a long time.
Speaker 3: I'm going to use this all summer long.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, so you just you're gonna like when you're going out or just part of your regular maintenance.
Speaker 4: And probably just maybe part of my regular maine and it's but definitely when I'm going out because again, it kind of gives you your skin a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of a glow. Okay, now listeners are going what's it called again?
Speaker 4: Saltaire s A L T A I R. You can go to Saltaire dot com flavors. There's other fragrances. There's a vanilla fragrance which I almost got the vanilla, but the one I got is the sand tall bloom. It's nice, it's really nice. I might get another one. I might try the vanilla since I like this one so much, and I might have alternating scents, or this could be my new signature scent. I haven't had a signature sent in a while for some reason. I feel like that's important to have. Sometimes I heard you in the fuzz talking about it the other Yeah, so I think I'm looking for hers. I know right now she has settled on. No. I can't even think of what it is now. It's when all the girls are wearing. I can't think of what it is. But she's trying to fight. We're both trying to fight our signature.
Speaker 1: Sense. I had no idea that was a thing.
Speaker 3: It's totally a thing.
Speaker 1: I had no idea. Yeah, all right, you're ready here. What mine? Mine is?
Speaker 2: Mine is a simple recipe, and it's something that body of mine made. We got together and got steaks and watched the hockey game last week or week before last, can't remember, and he made something to go along with our steaks.
Speaker 1: That is both healthy and delicious. Okay, it's cauliflower.
Speaker 3: Oh god, no, I pulled this once already.
Speaker 2: You take cauliflower and you cut it into small pieces, and then you put olive oil and Montreal seasoning and let it marinate. Then you bake it in the oven at four hundred for half an hour, and it is delicious.
Speaker 3: Yes, I accept this.
Speaker 4: I do not accept last week when you walked into my room and Landry and I were in there and you were chewing on raw cauliflower and trying for some reason to convince us that it was delicious. It's good nonsense. I told you to tell your story of walkt At least. Now you're cooking it in season.
Speaker 3: It's really good, it's fun.
Speaker 1: Would you try it if?
Speaker 4: I don't know of anybody who's like, my favorite vegetable is cauliflowers grown up.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, my mom, Because.
Speaker 3: It tastes like nothing.
Speaker 1: You like it. It's crunchy, you like a flavor.
Speaker 4: Supposed to like it because you're on your health kick right now, it's okay to not like.
Speaker 1: If I make it, will you eat it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I probably?
Speaker 4: Really, I probably won't this is just like the time when Oprah tried to trick us by making pizza crust out of cauliflower and telling us it was delicious. We all know it's not. This is very the emperor's robes.
Speaker 2: Where are my cauliflower people, cauliflower do? Where am I text me cauliflower peeper? Peeper seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. You just try that recipe and you'll enjoy it.
Speaker 4: All right, you want to tell them about my salad recipe, We don't have.
Speaker 2: Time for it right now. But it was very, very good. And here's the problem with someone needs. Everyone was afraid to eat the last on it.
Speaker 4: I know, I ate all of it and just left the chickpeas in it. I like the chickpeas can I loved him for you?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I didn't know. I never eat the last of anything, Okay, never ever, you. I mean, it depends on if it's so it needs to be thrown out it's too wealthy.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of the salad that the little Italian lady made when I was a kid in school on Wednesdays on Spaghetti Day. On Spaghetti Day, as they came in and made like real spaghetti at school.
Speaker 4: Oh, you had a fancy school, were an expensive school. We had rectangle pizza on Fridays with corn.
Speaker 2: We had we had real spaghetti, like really good and solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's great.
Speaker 2: Now there's a bunch of Italian women that were retired and just wanted us to.
Speaker 1: Have one good meal at school.
Speaker 2: Stick around more coming up on Austin's eighties station. What oh three point one, Rapid Fire Q and A Coming up in just a sec, we'll find out who Trisha would cast her vote for for sexiest Man Alive. But first in bathroom news, Trisia just for you, O great. A study at Oxford found that chimpanzees use leaves to wipe their biscuits.
Speaker 1: Really, yes they do.
Speaker 4: I find that hard to believe because sometimes the champanzees are pretty nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, they wiped their biscuit after they throw their poo at you.
Speaker 4: Right, if they're throwing their poos, so why do they care if it's on.
Speaker 3: Their butt or not?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Here we go with Rapid Fire Q and a Tricia rank these vacations favorite to least favorite. You know a lot of people have summer vacations on their mind right now. Okay, safari, beach, big city.
Speaker 4: Oh, summer vacation beach. Okay, yeah, beach number one. Second place, I'm gonna go big city.
Speaker 3: Last place, safari.
Speaker 1: I have no interest in me.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be out on a safari and maybe be getting eaten by a lion or bugs or no ac.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to wear the funny khaki clothes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What if my cheap breaks down, Well.
Speaker 2: You'll have someone there. They'll just give you a jeep and say go ahead on the safari.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying if it breaks down and we have to walk back, the elephants sometimes get mad.
Speaker 3: There's lions other things that will eat your snakes.
Speaker 1: I want to see those creatures. I'll just go to the zoo.
Speaker 3: We'll go to the zoo. So I'm going to beach one, all right.
Speaker 2: Next question, Tricia, what is your go to doodle? When you doodle, and I know you doodle, what do you draw?
Speaker 4: So if I'm not drawing like shapes and stuff, I go to doodle shapes. Yeah, but my classic that I've been drawing since a small child is the rabbit and a squirrel.
Speaker 3: You know my rabbit and I draw from Easter every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wait all year to put them on the whiteboard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you can sometimes make the Easter benny dirty with the well placed cottontails. Did that one time and everybody I thought it was funny.
Speaker 1: So squirrels and rabbits, rabbits and square.
Speaker 4: Squirrels and rabbits that I've been drying since I was a tiny, Tricia, I have not evolved in my drawing of squirrels and rabbits at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like a window when that happens.
Speaker 2: Like I learned to draw the the truck, the truck and the Alfred Hitchcock silhouette.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, do.
Speaker 1: You remember that?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: And I learned it. And that's that's about a lot I got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I got.
Speaker 2: Not real artsy, No, not really at all. All right, Tricia, you get one vote, no runner up, one vote. Cast it for the sexiest man alive. Who you throwing that vote for?
Speaker 4: I don't know why, but lately he's at the top of my mind. I'm a little obsessed with them right now. It's nobody new, you guys. It's Brad Pitt, classic short hair. Brad Pitt eating something. That's to who I want to win that all greasy, long hair, no bro not long hair, not facial hair, short hair, tan. Brad Pitt eating something, eating anything like an apple. It's nobody sexier when they eat something, when they're chewing on something.
Speaker 1: Very strange.
Speaker 2: There's a YouTube thing about Brad do you can watch videos of Brad pitch just.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, just him eating I don't know what it is. It's super sexy.
Speaker 4: I also think that maybe he's all front and center for me because his new movie is coming out, that racing movie F one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it comes out soon.
Speaker 4: And I just recently read that the soundtrack for the movie Ed Sharon, Dave Grohl, and John Mayer all got together and recorded.
Speaker 3: One of the songs for the movie. Not a song by each of them.
Speaker 4: All three of them are one song called Drove, called Drive, but I haven't heard it yet.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I think that's very cool.
Speaker 1: It's very rock anthemy I.
Speaker 3: Bet it is.
Speaker 4: But it's driving fast, which you know, I consider.
Speaker 3: Myself a little bit of an F one driver.
Speaker 2: Did you know that one of the parents at the event that we were at on Saturday afternoon just got back from the Porsche driving school.
Speaker 3: No, how did you not come and get it?
Speaker 1: I should have. I failed.
Speaker 4: I really want to go to the Porsche driving stool one of these days.
Speaker 2: One of these days, maybe a very good fast driver. Well you've even better when you got back. That's for sure. Yeah, for sure. That's rapid fire.
Speaker 1: No it's not. Yeah, that's yes. What is that