Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog Bonkei Jr.
Speaker 2: The Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Coffin and Lynd Injury Attorneys. Bulldog Jameis Winston did like everything humanly possible last night, almost five hundred yards passing, four touchdowns, but it was the interceptions that got him in the end.
Speaker 3: Hey, it was typical Jameis Winston. That's how he was when he was with the Bucks. He would throw a bunch of touchdown passes and then a bunch of interceptions. Jay throws four touchdown passes, four hundred and ninety seven yards passing last night. Jerry Judy, Cleveland's receiver. He had nine catches for two hundred and thirty five receiving yards against his former team. But yes, Cleveland still lost the game last night, forty one to thirty two. Four touchdown passes for Jameis Winston, but also three interceptions, including two pick sixes.
Speaker 1: You know his picture, You know how all the you know, the NFL players have their big picture. Where's their mugshot? Almost of Hey, you know, mister football, you know your football photo. Have you noticed that his He just looks like I didn't do it, like the crab legs or something. Next time they show his a post of him, Hey, upcoming quarterback Jamis Winston, look at his photo.
Speaker 2: Maybe it is actually his Leon County mug shine.
Speaker 3: It might be pay Well. No, it wouldn't have been because he never got arrested. That's right, Tallas Police Department buried it. Yeah, he looks like this every time I see it.
Speaker 2: A giggle.
Speaker 3: By the way, Jameis Winston might be the greatest fantasy quarterback of you know, he's a great fantasy quarterback, but.
Speaker 2: A terrible real quarterback. So yeah.
Speaker 3: Other NFL news, Christian McCaffrey out for the season for the forty nine ers. That looks like they're seasons done. They're just so banged up they're not going to be able to recover from that.
Speaker 2: College football Well, hold on, back it up a little bit. What about the apology yesterday, bull Doug.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, the apology from the linebacker who absolutely annihilated Trevor Lawrence. Houston's Aziz al Shayir apologized yesterday for that dirty shot on Trevor Lawrence that knocked Trevor Lawrence out of the game with a concussion. Yeah, he did apologize yesterday, But what did you think of the apology?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what you do have to take into account the actual speed of the NFL game and oh yeah, him being out there and the adrenaline pumpin and his goals to you know, prevent the opposing team from gaining any yardage and in the heat of the battle and the as quick as that happens, you know, things like this are going to happen. I think he's being genuine and saying, look, I had no intention of trying to injure you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The only problem I have after he did it, I mean he was fighting with the I mean he was almost like, you know, what did I do wrong here? And he's also he also has some previous incidents. He got fine last week for after he punched who was the Tony Pollard that he knocked Tony Pollard late out of bounds last week he got fined for that. Then earlier in the season he got fine for punching Bears running back for Shawn Johnson. So the guy has a bit of a history. I think he's gonna probably be suspended for a game or two. I think it is.
Speaker 1: Several games in well deserted. Hey, dude, I agree with exactly what you're saying. Dog, because the reports of stuff he's done in the past, I'm like, Okay, it's hard to apologize when we've seen your past.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little anger management might be in the mix here for him.
Speaker 3: Plus, if you're if you're the Jaguars, though, it's time to just shut down Trevor Lawrence for the year. He already had the bum shoulder, his left shoulder. He's probably gonna have to get that surgically repaired in the off season. He was playing with that. Now he's got the concussion. There's five games left. The Jaguars aren't going anywhere. They need to just shut him down.
Speaker 2: You say, frist Peterson still around?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought he would have been fired during the off week a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: And didn't.
Speaker 1: They didn't they just him and his cohort. There was also also supposed to be fired. Didn't they just extend somebody's contract majorly yesterday Bob here, I heard something about him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they didn't extend Doug Peterson or Trent Ball.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the ted dude extended a player's thing, and everybody was questioning. I was watching uh, Pat McAfee, my new boyfriend, yesterday and they were talking about it. They're like, yeah, it's just business as usual for those dudes.
Speaker 3: Taco you were in tank tops like Pat McAfee does on the air.
Speaker 1: I wore one last night of the Christmas party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gators, man, what you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: Mo Minim? All right?
Speaker 3: DJ Lagway. This guy is the pied Piper of recruiting. So that the Gators end of the season with three straight wins against LSU Ole Miss and Florida State on Saturday. They've gone from the forty fifth rank recruiting class in those three weeks to number ten. Now with a bullet they are moving up to recruiting rankings, So it looks like Billy Napier has it turned around. In Gainesville. Gus Malzam, by the way, was officially announced as the new offensive coordinator at Florida State yesterday. We all knew what was happening, but they made the statement yesterday. Mike Norvel came out with a statement about how excited he is to have Gus as the new offensive coordinator. At UCF's coaching search I think it's going to be done by the end of the week from what I'm hearing. Are you hearing names floated out there? Well, there's Texas State's GJ. Kenney, he's one of the Uh. Jamie Chadwell of Liberty is another name. I don't think Scott Frost is gonna even get an interview for this job. Quite frankly, that ship has sailed. I guess yeah, I think that ship has sailed. Uh. Huff coach huff At Marshall is another candidate. Mainly up and coming head coaches.
Speaker 1: Could we get coach Mark Daniels out there? He could He could be the coach and announcing on the sideline. Come on, we wear a lot of hats and business. Now there was one other guy. Uh, some people are minched tulanees John Summerls the other up and coming head coach. What do you guys think about Dan Mullen.
Speaker 2: I heard that name floated out there too. Yeah. To me, that's you're walking down Gus Malson Avenue.
Speaker 3: Again with a Dan Mullen or Jimbo Fisher. If I we're gonna go retread, I'd go Jimbo Fisher because Jimbo Fisher is the hell of a recruiter. Dan Mullen left. He got run out of Florida because he didn't want to recruit, didn't he No, that was Jim mcaoyn.
Speaker 2: Magic. I look to make it seven in a row tonight. Dog.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right man. You look at what the Magic are doing. Plus, I was reading a story in the Sentinel. Palo Banco not going to be back in the next week or so, but he's making a lot of progress. He's going to be back probably, I'm not gonna say by Christmas, but could be close. He could be back by Christmas. They've already won six in a row. They're already third in the East without Pallo. When they get him back, Man, this is a this this is a contending team right here, and.
Speaker 2: They all should be commended for stepping up and filling the void while while the Marquee players, you know, dealing with the rehabit there.
Speaker 3: So finally can yeah, finally, Contavious called well Pope their key acquisition during the offseason. He's he's starting to hit his threes now. He's already a great defensive player, He's starting to hit his threes now. If he starts hitting threes at the forty percent rate he was hitting them for the last three or four years. The Magic are going to be tough, man, because their defense every single night arrives. I think they're the second ranked or maybe the first ranked defense in the league right now.
Speaker 2: So all right, tip off, tip off at seven thirty tonight in the world's most famous arena in Madison Square, gardening against.
Speaker 3: That right, and you know, you know it's an NBA Cup game as well. Oh yeah, woa, now you're excited about that.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty an FM ninety six to ninety Game. It takes time out of his show each weekday morning to join us here on JR for the sports page brought you by Coffin Inland.
Speaker 3: Listener Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Koff, and every Saturday morning seven thirty on FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: In the game.
Speaker 3: You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform ooh Oo, Linchintago on demand, Tell Loathy, I Heart we You out from
Speaker 2: The Bogan mud in