Speaker 1: Ripped news, so you don't help come running just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help coming. Man.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martin, Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show off It's Guy and we're here to solve problems, answer questions, take your complaints you've been ripped off or taking advantage of goodness? Gracious, we love going after the bad guy. Simple as that. Three zero three Martino is a phone number. You can reach that number, of course, anytime twenty four to seven. You can also email us at help h e elp at troubleshooter dot com. We'd love to hear from you. It's studio with me today. Brooke White with Red Rocks. RS. Brook Welcome to the show. It's always great seeing you here. And what is new in the world of solar How about credits? Let's start there. Did Trump get rid of the credits? That's not here nor there yet. Where are we at?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the residential tax credits are set to go away if the big beautiful bill passes.
Speaker 2: So they'll go bye bye.
Speaker 4: Yep, there isad do Let's stick.
Speaker 2: There for a minute. What does that do to the industry as a whole. I know, you guys do a lot of repairs. It's not like people are not going to be repairing solar systems. It's not like you're not going to be selling battery backups for them and generator backups. I get all that, But how about new installation. Is it going to crush the industry?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Absolutely well, it'll decimate it.
Speaker 2: It'll just like electric cars basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I mean, if you have thirty percent of your project that you now have to pay for, I mean, it doesn't make it attractive against any utility company. So the only folks that are still going to be installing new solar systems are going to be either businesses because they still get the tax credits, or folks that just believe in solar firm environmental purposes.
Speaker 2: Now, how about Colorado? Does a state have any spiffs?
Speaker 6: If you will?
Speaker 3: The only thing the state's done, which I actually agree with, is they make the utility company give you retail value for you the power you send them.
Speaker 2: It's for buying it back, yeah, which is only fair because at one point it was wholesale.
Speaker 3: Right, It's still wholesale if you overproduce, but for your usage, you get retail value back on that.
Speaker 2: So if you offset your power bill one hundred percent, you get retail on that amount exactly. And then anything over that is where that wholesale rate comes in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, only the City of Long Month's utility gives you retail value for everything you send them.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Now how about you said commercial properties aren't going to be affected by the tax credits? Why is that no?
Speaker 3: Because they're only getting rid of the residential one the tax Now.
Speaker 2: Why though, I would think, is there more business in the commercial aspect of solar compared to not? I mean, to me, I always thought it was mostly residential.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's a ton of really big solar projects with billions of dollars into it already so far. So to take that away, I think that they would face a lot of hurdles to try to get rid of those tax credits that have already been claimed.
Speaker 2: Now, how about the grants we always talk about when it comes to commercial are they sticking around?
Speaker 3: So again, the big nationwide grant's gone. The state of Colorado still has their grants, and that grant is tied to like community scenarios. So if you can say that you're boosting a community.
Speaker 4: Then you can receive back.
Speaker 2: Up in black Hawk or not black Hawk, up in where is it, Cripple Creek?
Speaker 4: Yeah, anywhere.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could do it here in Denver, as long as you're saying that you're supporting a community benefit.
Speaker 2: Like there, give me an idea of what a community benefit would be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So there's a VFW that was interested in applying for that grant. So again it's just showing that it has a community benefit.
Speaker 2: And how much is that grant?
Speaker 3: It goes up to two and a half million, So it depends.
Speaker 4: On the projects.
Speaker 2: So can you cover the entire project?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Between that and the tax credits absolutely.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. So you can still get basically free commercial systems if you have the right area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you yeah, exactly, as long as you have the right ducks in a row to make it happen.
Speaker 2: All right, very interesting. We'll see what happens with that big beautiful bill. I mean, seriously, are.
Speaker 4: You excited about it or on it?
Speaker 2: I wanted to pass. I don't. I haven't given a lot of thought to the solar stuff I have to the cars. I don't like subsidizing other people's cars. I find it just I just don't like it. The solar systems. I don't know. I just really don't like paying for other people's stuff. Now, if I was going to benefit too, I live out in the woods. Solar for me is a total waste of time. There's nothing I could do. I only produce. Man, I'm shocked. I still don't have snow in my backyard. Is how much shade we have? Seriously, I'll have snow up through a couple months ago. But I don't like paying for other people's stuff in general. I don't like paying for other people's college. I don't like paying for other people's stuff. Now, if I was going to benefit, if I got a tax credit, that's fine because I'm benefiting and you're benefiting. But when it comes down to only you benefit and I don't get to benefit out of it, I don't like it. How about you?
Speaker 3: No, to be honest with you, I'm excited for that to go through. I know that sounds kind of odd because I'm in the solar space, but we're doing a lot more commercial and industrial level anyways at this point, and anytime you have too much government money into anything, I think you get a lot of corruption and that's why there's been so many issues with residential.
Speaker 2: Oh, you get so many bad solar companies. It's crazy, and it's not necessarily they were bad to start with. It's that they just I don't know what they do. They run out of money. I mean, that's kind of the way to do it or say it, and then people end up calling you. I mean you work on all kinds of systems for repairs. Is that a big part of your business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do a ton of repairs, and honestly, most of the time, depending on where they're at, if our cruise in that area will just pop over a complimentary just to do some kind of goodwill.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Nice. But if you mess up a.
Speaker 3: Big contract with a business, they can see you. They have those financial resources most people don't, so I think it'll actually get rid of a lot of the bad exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We had one company we advertised for I think it was called Solar Mark. I hope that's not wrong. But it was years ago, probably fifteen years ago, and this guy just disappeared. I mean, I don't know what else to sday. He packed up, ran out of money and moved out of state. And it was kind of crazy. He had a huge place off of Santa Fe. Massive, I mean, a big warehouse with all kinds of stuff in it. I mean, I think he also did lighting, so a lot of it was light fixtures, but he had the solar panels there. He just had a lot of stuff, but it just never panned out. Hey, Tiffany, what's going on with you? Tiffany, Yeah, I'm here. How are you doing? What's going on?
Speaker 9: Oh? Well, I've been. I've been dealing with ord Walk Property Management nearly a year now. I feel like they're taking advantage of me and breaking Colorado tenant law?
Speaker 2: Is it a Is it a house? Is it an apartment? Kind of tell me about the a house.
Speaker 9: It's a house. It's a house, the house, and I am on section eight and oh my gosh, it's it's it's a it's a What what happens that? I originally figned a lease with Progressive Property in January of twenty twenty two. In August of twenty twenty four, Boardwalk took over but never gave me a new lease since then, I've been fighting with them since November of last year over utility reimbursement sees. They're charging me every month for one hundred and ten dollars each time.
Speaker 2: Are you saying you don't use that electricity or that gas? What is it for?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out. For almost a year now. I have been in I have I.
Speaker 2: Have Well, what did your let's go back to your original lease. What did the original lease say when it came to utilities? Were you supposed to pay electric? In gas?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I pay all my utilities. They're all in my name, okay, and I have been for the last four years.
Speaker 2: So why do you think there's an issue if they're oh wait a minute, you're saying you pay them directly to the the utility company. Absolutely, and then these guys you're charging you for reimbursement of what utility?
Speaker 9: Reimbursementcy that's all it says, for one hundred.
Speaker 2: And ten dollars, yes, every month. Now, who do you pay each month? Tiffany? Do you pay Excel for example?
Speaker 9: I pay I pay yes, Excel Black and Black Black Hills.
Speaker 2: So you pay gas and electric? How about water? Cadet, I mean one hundred and ten would say again, yep, yep, I.
Speaker 9: Pay water as well. I pay that separately. I pay the trash everything.
Speaker 2: So when you ask these guys at Boardwalk, what do they say when you say, what is this for?
Speaker 9: The Well, one of the guys, the guy that I was dealing with from the from the beginning, he told me that he would he would explain him to me when he served me demand to pay papers?
Speaker 2: Well, what does that mean? Demand to pay? How far back are you on these these bills?
Speaker 9: These are they go? They go back all the way to November of twenty four and they won't take They take them off, then they put them back on. It's it's I've filed complaints with with the Better Business Bureau, the oh god, the Attorney General. Let's see who else? Who else did I fight? I f I filed complaints with with with everybody that I know.
Speaker 2: Have you talked to the Public Housing Authority?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 9: I have. Yes, I'm i I deal with them because I'm on Section eight.
Speaker 2: I understand. Well it's actually h c V. Now, but I get you. Do you have do you have a copy of your original lease that you could send over?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 2: Do you have it in a PDF format?
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 9: I believe.
Speaker 2: Yet again, I'm gonna let me put you on old. Here's what I'd like to do. Kelly's going to give you an email. I want you to send it over, and Kelly send it over to me, of course, and then send it over to Brad O'Brien. I want him to eyeball it and see what it says about utilities. How about trash is it? I mean, once again, one hundred and ten a month would be insane for trash. But do you pay for trash at the house?
Speaker 9: I sure do would so.
Speaker 2: Honestly, there's nothing you don't pay for that you can think.
Speaker 9: Of, that's right, absolutely not. I even pay I they charged me admin fees for renters insurance that they say, See.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they're trying to get you out of there? Do you think they're trying to get you out of there? What do you think's going on? I?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, I don't. I don't, I don't know. I don't think so. Because of the paper the I received three demands to pay papers. Yeah, they're they're phony. There's no court significal.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. If it's a demand letter, it doesn't it doesn't necessarily mean it's phony. But do me a favor. I want you to send that over right away, and I also want you to send if you've got to take a picture of it, that's fine, But send me a picture one of the notices and then something that has a line item on it that one hundred and ten dollars for utilities. Okay, I sare well, all right, hold on, Kelly's gonna tell you where to go. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. The landlord calls are just getting absolutely insane. Here's the deal, folks, if you got a bad landlord, we can help you. Here's here's the bottom line. And I mean this. If you're paying your rent on time. It's pretty hard to kick out a tenant in Colorado.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Now other states not as hard, but in Colorado you've got to have a hell of a good reason. And the numero uno is nonpayment. But this particular person, Tiffany, this sounds crazy. I'm gonna eyeball these notices and see what the hell's going on, because if she's literally telling me the truth and paying every utility, I couldn't think of anything else. You got trash, you got water, you got gas, you got electric. I wonder she probably just has his cell phone. But my goodness, something is going on here, and we're going to get our attorney involved if needed, because I'm sick and tired of these people just screwing with people. And I'll tell you what generally it is. They want to get it out and probably switch it off of Section eight. Or actually it's HCV now, which is Housing Choice Voucher and that's a program and it's run by the Public Housing Authority right here in Colorado for low income families. So here's the deal. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five, Hold tight, Go with a sure.
Speaker 11: Thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contents. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 11: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real state Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Kelly, did she send that leash yet I did not see it in my email. Let me know when that comes through, please, So Tiffany, hold tight. I want to get that over to our attorney, Brad O'Brien so he can eyeball it. I want to eyeball it. Then we're going to go from there. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. We got a couple lines open. You got a bad contractor you want to tell us about I'd love to hear about it. We love recovering money for you. In fact, to the tune of over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show for over forty five years, by the way, the longest running show with the same host in the entire country. Tricia, What is going on with you? Tricia?
Speaker 12: Well, I ended up getting the estimates and it's just under two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to catch me up big time. What were you getting an estimate for? And whom did you get it from?
Speaker 12: So I went to car Toys to get a new stereo and they didn't watch my hook properly. Oh and I going about sixty five miles an hour on thirty six, it flew open.
Speaker 2: Now, wait a second, wait a second, what kind of car is this.
Speaker 12: It's a two thousand and two Hundai XD three fifty.
Speaker 2: Now, this is going to sound crazy, but most cars you basically pull a lever and it comes up a little bit. Then you have to manually move over basically a metal buckle in order for it to come up the rest of the way. When you say they didn't latch it properly, did they not close it all the way or what happened?
Speaker 12: I'm not sure because they will not show me the footage of them opening my hood to unhook the battery to install my radio.
Speaker 2: I'm still a little lost here. How do you know they have footage?
Speaker 12: Well, I called them several times to ask and see what happened.
Speaker 2: Basically, well, let's talk about that. That's what I want to know. What happened with you? So whatever they did, we don't know. But you went, you picked up the car. I assume you paid for the stereo, and then what.
Speaker 12: Happened I don't know because I'm not.
Speaker 13: Sure what they did.
Speaker 2: No, Tricia, you're missing me. Like you were driving down the road and your hood flew open and hit your hit the top of your car and broke the windshield and you got into a car wreck and killed four people. What happened?
Speaker 12: No, it didn't break my windshield on the highway. It flew open and I immediately got over to the left side of the highway.
Speaker 2: Got it. Well, that's scary, it's terrifying. I've been there. I've done that. Literally, yep, I've done it. I was at seventy miles an hour on Sea four seventy and I thought I was pulling the emergency brake to let up on the pedal on an old thunderbird, and I pulled the hood and the second dairy latch failed and basically that hood flew open and just scared the hell out of me. So what damage are you seeking? It didn't break your windshield. How much damage did it do?
Speaker 12: Currently? My hood is bent in half. Wow, And I have a giant dent in the roof of my car, which that I'm not worried about. It's the hood itself that I'm worried about.
Speaker 2: Did you get it to Wow? Why wouldn't you be worried about a huge damp?
Speaker 6: I came in late. But why is she why does she think this is Car Toy's fault. I missed that part because.
Speaker 2: She picked up her car from Car Toys after they were messing with the battery in her car, so they had the hood open.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 2: What is car Toys saying, Tricia.
Speaker 12: They're saying they never opened my hood at all.
Speaker 2: They're saying they never opened it. Yeah, how do you know they had to tap into the battery.
Speaker 12: Unless you want to get electrocuted. When you're working on electrical work, you have to unhook the battery or unhook the fuse.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't just confirm that with Sheridan Autotech since he does electric.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get Uncle Kevin on Kelly, Tricia, did you bring it to a body shop? Has anybody looked at it and said what the failure point was?
Speaker 12: I did bring it to a body shop, and they didn't tell me what the failure point was. They've just told me how much it would be to fix it.
Speaker 2: Basically, here's where I'm getting a little stuck on this. So if I come out and I help you jumpstart your car because it died in a Walmart parking lot or at the Pepsi Center or whatever it's called these days, if anybody helps you, A tow truck driver, an auto shop, someone comes out and they simply pop your hood, jumpstart you, then close your hood and you drive down the road and the hood flies open. I don't think it would be their fault. Now, if car toys went over there and somehow bent or moved or did something to create the issue, I would find them libel on that. But why do you think they're libel if? I mean, when you picked it up, was the hood closed or were you saying they left it wide open or what?
Speaker 12: They didn't leave it wide open? I'm not sure because I didn't think to check it after I picked.
Speaker 2: It up, but it appeared closed to you. I mean you're driving, you're looking out the windshield. It looks normal.
Speaker 12: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they could have done. That's what I'm trying to figure out. What kind of vehicle was it? Again?
Speaker 6: It was it two.
Speaker 12: Thousand and two hyda xtually three fifty.
Speaker 2: Two thousand eight? Again, I'm sorry, two thousand and what two.
Speaker 12: Thousand and two, yep, Sunday actually three fifty.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is. What kind of vehicle is it?
Speaker 12: It's a sedan, It's.
Speaker 2: A sedan boy. I'm just not used to that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's is it small or car?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So when you talk to them now, they're basically saying we didn't do anything period. Have you thought about just bringing them to some small claims court?
Speaker 12: I have, But I called you before four and you said that you would talk to them before I would bring them to small claims court.
Speaker 2: Who did we assign to it? Do you remember, Suzanne? Can you pull it up in our notes?
Speaker 4: Nobody was assigned?
Speaker 2: Well, then, what were we supposed to do on it? I guess let's do this.
Speaker 14: Gave her advice and she followed it, and now she's calling back.
Speaker 6: For a follow up.
Speaker 2: And that advice was, what go out and figure out how much to fix it?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 14: He advised her to call car toys, Yeah, and try to work it out.
Speaker 2: And none of that's happening.
Speaker 14: Yeah, none of it is happenings.
Speaker 4: Sign it.
Speaker 2: Let's see if we can't get Uncle Kevin on. I just want to verify a few things on that vehicle. Tricia, hold on and what Lowell? What real quick? What location is it?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 12: Her location off of Broadway?
Speaker 2: Off of Broadway? Okay? Hold on a secon all right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got a few lines open love to hear from you A three zero three Martino.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. Uh. By the way, this hour brought to you by water Pros waterpros dot net. Here's what I love about Paul. He sells the best equipment for less money. That is the best way to say it. He's got a water system right now that not only softens the water for the entire house, it gets rid of the chlorine for the entire house. In gets rid of forever chemicals for the entire house, protect your family, get it done. They'll come out to a free water test as well, and they're not gonna sit there and twist your arm. They're not high strung like some of their competition. But their price for that is thirty seven hundred bucks. You realize that competition could be over ten thousand dollars for a unit that does all of that. Just getting rid of the forever chemicals is enough for me. I love every bit of that. And if you don't know what they are, just google them. In fact, they don't even want you eating the fish I believe in Cherry Creek Reservoir now because of contamination. Here's the bottom line, though, waterpros dot net the best for less waterpros dot net now, Uncle Kevin, Kevin call can share it an auto tech Hey man, how are you doing today? Kevin?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 13: Mark going on? Hey?
Speaker 2: Are you coming in Friday? By the way, yeah, I am. We missed you last Friday. What were you playing hooky for?
Speaker 13: Broh One of my guys said, wisdom teeth out and died he needed a three a week.
Speaker 2: Come on, Wisdom teeth, get them out at eight am. You're a work by nine, right, little tailand come on Yeah, aspirin. Hey, this one's a little crazy. First of all, I had to look this car up. You know, I'm a Hondai fan. I have never heard of this Hondai. It was called next G three fifty kevin and what did it stand for? Extra Grand door? And it was made in two thousand and two. I think eventually it became the Genesis line because according to Hondai's website, it was over the Alantra and the Sonati. It was like their primo vehicle back in the early two thousands. But she brings it to car toys. Have you heard of that before, by the way.
Speaker 13: Actually no, no, that's a new one for me too.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of it, never heard of it anyhow, though, here's the deal. She brings it to car toys. So I got a few questions here. Once she gets a new radio installed, typically would you have to mess with the battery or go under the hood.
Speaker 13: Well, a lot of times you want to disconnect the battery if you're doing electrical work. Yeah, so it is possible, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair enough. We've had some people on YouTube say that they're all just plug and play on that one. But I know nothing about that. Vehicle. But I would guess if you're working on any kind of electronics camera systems, dash cams, radio, anything like that, you probably would unhooked the battery. But here's where the baffling part. So she picks it up and hops in it, pays for the radio, starts driving down the road, and everything seems fine when she picks it up, and this has nothing to do with the radio. All of a sudden, the hood flies open, smacks the top of her car and basically bends the hood in half and puts a dent on the top of her car. So a couple things come to mind. This actually happened to me years ago. In fact, I was probably twenty five years old c. Four seventy. I thought the emerged that the brake light was on on my mom's car. Of all cars, it was an old Thunderbird, like a two thousand thunderbird. So the brake light was on. And I was used to my car where if I barely hit that brake pedal, i'd just pull the lever and sure enough, you know, the brake light would go off. So I reached down where my lever was pulled that lever. It unlatched the hood. Yeah, I know, it's scared to live it out of me. So but but but what ultimately happened in my case is that secondary failed because generally, if you pull that lever, it's still not going to fly open. They do that on purpose, but on mine it failed for whatever reason. So can you think of anything and I can't that car toys could have done, even if they unhooked a battery, even if they were under the hood in the fuse box. No matter what, if they were under the hood, what could they have possibly have done to break a hood to where it would do that? They say, they've never even opened the hood, But what do you make of it?
Speaker 13: That's a tough one. But I you know, those those safeties are all will and good, but they're not fail safe. They're very very light, you know. Yeah, they can fail very easily, especially in you know, an older car. You just never know if it's not lined upright or something. But you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: They'd have to go out of their way to like move it or bend it. I mean just opening and closing the hood. Well, okay, she might as well have brought it to you guys for an oil change, and you pop the hood, you put oil in it, you close the hood, and this could have happened and she'd be blaming you.
Speaker 13: Yes, no, absolutely, And that's why we always double check hooks. That's that's our checklist before the car leaves, because they do miss Sometimes you think you got to close and it's not closed all the way, So I.
Speaker 2: Wonder how you would possibly And she's brought it to the body shop and they tell her how much to fix it, but they have no idea what happened, why it happened. Let me ask her that real quick. Hey, they did tell you at the body shop. They can't determine like was the latch broke or what was going on?
Speaker 12: Right, I think, if I remember correctly, they said the latch was broken and then I would need a new one.
Speaker 2: It would be so hard for these guys to break that latch, Tricia. Now I'm not saying it's impossible. I mean maybe they put something and then went to close it and that something was in the way and it broke or moved. I mean, anything could happen.
Speaker 13: You can have a fender cover in the way and you didn't fee it, a rag, I mean, anything could get in there. So yeah, and then it didntes after you left it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tricia, how long and where were you? How fast were you going?
Speaker 12: I think it was maybe about ten fifteen minutes and I was on Highway thirty six going about sixty five miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, terrifying, Absolutely terrifying. Hey, when's the last time your hood was open prior to car toys? Like, when's the last time you got an oil change or win shield washeror fluid whatever?
Speaker 12: I think I had actually just put oil in it not too long before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I would do? I mean, so, Kevin, you said something I didn't think about, even a rag or something. If they used a rag to undo one of the negative battery cable, they could have put that rag down. Then when they shut the hood, that made it so that latch didn't grab, but yet it appeared closed. Sure, yeah that could have happened, Tricia. I mean yeah, I mean it's do you agree with that, Kevin? It is kind of a weird coincidence.
Speaker 13: It is mere days later, no chance, you know, ten minutes after?
Speaker 2: Yeah, too close. And they won't show her the video. We don't know for a fact there is video, but they're claiming they didn't even open the hood. But I agree with her. I would think car toys generally would do that. You know what I'd like to do? Hey, let me get you done. See you can get back to work, Kevin. But Kevin Calkin shared an auto tech I talk about this guy all the time. His shop is wonderful. When it comes to electrical issues, He's simply the best out there. He's got the best guys to dig in and figure out where that draw is coming from, figure out anything electrical. But other than that, of course, he does anything that has to do with maintenance repair on a car. And the warranties fabulous three year, thirty six thousand mile nationwide with the nap Autocare program. So if you need someone to maintain or repair your car, go to someone we trust big time. Sharredan autotech dot com sharedan autotech dot com Hey, Tricia, here's what I want to do. I've got some ideas for you, and I'm going to tell you what's going on right after this hold on three oh three seven one three talk.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all.
Speaker 2: Right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. What do you do? You bring your car to car Toys and you have a new stereo installed. Then you're driving down the road. After you pick it up, pay for it. Ten minutes later, hood flies open, smacks atop of your car, Benzo, hood in half does damage on the top, Tricia. How much was the body shop's estimate total to fix it?
Speaker 12: It was just under two thousand dollars. I believe it was like one eight hundred plus some.
Speaker 2: And that includes the actual roof too.
Speaker 12: No, that does not include the roof. I'm not worried about the roof.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what I would do. We're gonna do this in twofold. I'm gonna put you with Deputy Dimitri so Suzanne make sure he gets all the information. Tricia. We're going to have him reach out to you. He's gonna call and talk to Car Toys first if they're not going to play ball, because I do find it a little strange that this happened afterwards, and Kevin really put a bug in my brain about leaving a rag there or anything that can block that latch. So you think the hood is closed. At first, I was like, I don't know how that could happen, but now I can see. Plus you said he had an oil change or added oil not long before that, and of course it didn't pop up on the highway. So if Dmitri cannot get through to them to do something, and the fact you're not asking to get that hood replaced, I find is or I'm sorry, the roof replaced or the roof fixed. I think that's great. So eighteen hundred bucks or at least something to get it fixed for you. So he's going to try that first. If that doesn't work. Deputyd has been to Small Claim Score almost as much as me. Now, he's not an attorney and he's not going to give you legal advice, but he's going to tell you where to get to documents, where to file it, and it's only going to cost you fifty bucks. And I would think a company the size of car Toys would probably go ahead and settle before you even had to show up to court. But if you did have to show up to court, I think you have a chance of winning. Not a great chance, but I do think you've got a forty to fifty chance of winning. And you know, it's only a fifty dollars crapshoot at that point. So they might pay you before court because of the size of the company and how much time it would take to hire an attorney and show up to small claims court. But Tricia, that is the next step, Okay, okay, So Dmitri will be reaching out to you. Suzanne's going to get him all your information. In fact, Kelly pick up, make sure we have everything. And during the break, I was talking to Brook with Red Rock Solar. We were talking at the beginning of the show. She said, if the big beautiful Bill goes by or go as, we are not going to have the thirty percent tax credit on residential. Now we're going to be diving in to the commercial stuff she does, and you're going to be shocked. There's systems. There is systems out there. You can build these solar farms for free, and we're going to be talking about that. But I want to go back to this real quick, Brook. That thirty percent on residential is huge. If you said the average system is twenty four thousand bucks, yeah, so and really that's not twenty four it's eighteen thousand or no, seventeen.
Speaker 3: Thousand, yeah, just a little under seventeen.
Speaker 2: And you would typically pay that off on a lease in how many years?
Speaker 3: I mean it really just depends. Most folks finance with renew for twenty.
Speaker 2: Years, for twenty years, but if you get rid of that seven thousand, that could be thirty years or twenty five years or a much higher payment.
Speaker 3: Well, it definitely a much higher payment. The twenty year term would still last. The difference is is that let's say you have Excel and your average bill with Excel as a hot undred bucks a month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by doing that thirty.
Speaker 3: Percent we can usually get you down to like seventy dollars a month instead, So you're saving money right away.
Speaker 4: Regardless if you finance that with the credit, when.
Speaker 3: The credit goes away, then that's going to increase significantly.
Speaker 2: It is. It's going to affect a lot of solar companies that do nothing but residential.
Speaker 4: Oh, it'll decimate them.
Speaker 2: They'll go away, they'll go away. And that is kind of good for you because you guys got an entire repair division. Yeah. Yeah, and you can work on any type of solar system.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we definitely can.
Speaker 2: What are the worst ones out there? If you had to say, okay, this brand and I don't want you to get in trouble or have issues. I know you have rapports with these companies, but is there any brands that are harder to deal with? Any manufacturers? I mean, I know we're dealing with a what is that called a Fortress? Yeah? With Fortress? Are they generally good or are they a pain in the ass or what?
Speaker 3: We just started working with them as a recommendation to replace Tesla and it's still having its own hiccups.
Speaker 2: All right, here's the you know three oh three seven one three eight two five five, you've been ripped off taking advantage of any solar questions we want to hear from you. Three oh three, Martino. We'll be back right after this quick message.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped News. You need advice so you don't have come run anxiousness as a cam shoot us gonna come, man.
Speaker 15: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome my friends.
Speaker 2: To the only show if it's gotten. You're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal in life is to make your life just a little bit better. Three zero three seven one three a two five five. That is a phone number you've been ripped off and taking advantage of. We've got three lines open right now. Three oh three seven one three a two five five. We love sinking our teeth into problems. We love helping people left and right. By the way, this hour is brought to you by Frank durand the real estate man. You know, Frank sells more homes in one month than most realatures in the entire state of Colorado selling a year. In fact, i'd go further than that. He probably sells more in a month than most do in fourteen or fifteen months. It's remarkable how many closings he has, and he sells them for more money. So he gets you more money, and he sells them quicker. You're not going to go wrong. And he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet, a negotiator beyond negotiating. The guy helped us so much when he sold our house in Castle Rocke. It was phenomenal. And then he negotiated the price down of our new house out in frank Town. I couldn't ask for a better realtor or a better friend. Frank Duran homes dot com. That's Frank Duran homes dot com. Now, Brad O'Brien is an attorney and he is our expert when it comes to anything property. It doesn't matter if it's residential or commercial, doesn't matter if it's a purchase or a lease or anything to do with property. That's all he does. He lives and breathes it. So I'm going to bring Brad up. Hey, Brad, I appreciate you coming on. How's your day going, man? I'm doing pretty good. This one is a little interesting. I've been kind of buzzing or looking through the lease as well over the break. But Tiffany called up. She's been renting a house. How many years have you been in that house? Tiffany?
Speaker 9: Three years?
Speaker 2: So she's been in there and it looks like it renewed in twenty twenty four. What was it around August? Whatever it was she resigned for another year? Is a right, Tiffany?
Speaker 9: Well, I didn't resign nothing. I didn't get a lease from the new people.
Speaker 16: I haven't gotten nothing.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, how about the lease that you just sent me from the people before.
Speaker 9: That's from Progressive Property?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What year was that though? Wasn't that last year?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: That was for yes?
Speaker 9: Uh huh yeah?
Speaker 2: And what were the dates on there?
Speaker 9: The least it looks like, yeah, yeah, they said July seventeenth is my last day? Is when the lease ends?
Speaker 2: Lat Yeah, so you're you're still under that lease, you understand? And Brad please jump in if I'm wrong, but I don't care if it change management companies or ownership. When you're renting your house out and there's a lease in place, whoever purchase it or takes over still has to abide by the lease. Right, that's true.
Speaker 17: A buyer of least property takes its subject to that lease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and here's the deal, Tiffany. In order for them to get rid of you, it'd be pretty hard unless if a couple things happen. So you're still under a one year lease that we looked at, at least that's what I believe it was correct. Yeah, so you're still under that lease and then you should be able to renew come July seventeenth or whatever days on that lease. But what's happening, Brad is they're trying to charge her one hundred and ten dollars is it every month?
Speaker 9: Every month? And also income income something renns income or something they're charging me as well.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the renners income is.
Speaker 9: But I think it's in the it's in with that ledger that I sent you. You'll see all the Well, how.
Speaker 2: Do they define it for people listening?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 2: What does it mean? I have no qual How much are they charging you for that?
Speaker 9: That is, they're a different amount this one you share.
Speaker 2: Rent, so it changes every month.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well there's seventeen dollars, one time, there's ninety dollars.
Speaker 2: Now, are you sure that has nothing to do with HCV or Section eight?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: So, Brad, I don't know how much you've looked at the paperwork we've sent over. But here's what Tiffany's telling me. She pays everything. She pays the utilities, she pays the trash, she pays the TV, she pays everything, gas, electric, water, she pays those utilities directly. They're apparently charging her one hundred and ten dollars for reimbursement on the utilities. And Tiffany, have you ever been late on those utilities where it has generated a late fee?
Speaker 9: No, I've never never, and I've never been shown before.
Speaker 2: And hold on and before it changed management companies now to Boardwalk, did they ever charge you that stuff before?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 9: No, And I got an email from the lady dealt with the Progressive Property telling me that she doesn't understand why they're charging me those fees.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brad, I'm going to let you jump in at this point, because I am baffled. I think it's a squeeze play. I don't know if they want to convert it from an HCV or a section a property, or just want more income. I have no idea, but to me, it looks like she's under lease and they're charging her for stuff the new management company that the old one didn't. I just flat don't understand.
Speaker 17: Well, well, I haven't reviewed the full stack of documents she just sent over it, but I find a utility as adendum that says that she is supposed to set up utility directly with the utilities and then directly to the utilities. So I don't think the mandor are supposed to be billing her for those utilities.
Speaker 2: I read that too, and her lease is also good through.
Speaker 5: The middle of July this year, and on the ledger it does show they want a reimbursement fee so for it says for utilities.
Speaker 2: And what's baffling is the old company that managed it, what from the beginning, Tiffany the last two years or whatever, correct that they never charged her for that. Brad, I mean, what do you just make of this? I mean, do you think it's kind of a shakedown.
Speaker 17: It's unclear if they if they're billing for reimbursement of utilities that the management company says they paid, or if it's some kind of management fee for having to manage the utilities.
Speaker 4: It is possible for a least to.
Speaker 17: Allow them inload to get a management fee on utilities, but the lease has to provide for that. I have yet to see that that's even in the lease.
Speaker 2: And let's say it did provide for that, is the fact that they've never done that the old management company before the new one took over. Would that be a reason they are not able to start charging for that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 17: No, well that's the quite that's a waiver argument. But okay, I think that if it's in the lease that says the management company can get a management fee for utilities, then they can start that up even if they haven't been doing it. But first of all, I'm not sure the lease even has that, And ninety to one hundred and ten dollars a month for management utilities seems are really excessive. I expect like maybe ten bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. And Tiffany, is all that stuff in your name? In other words, when you pay your electric is it in Tiffany's name.
Speaker 9: That's right, and I've sent them copies of my bills showing that they're they're paid, and that they're.
Speaker 7: In my name.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what they'd be managing, Brad, if everything's literally in her name and she pays them, I don't even if that was in the least and like you said, you don't see it. I don't even know how you would make that argument, I agreed. So what do you think she should do at this point? Are they threatening to kick you out?
Speaker 7: What are they?
Speaker 2: What are they telling you now, Tiffany?
Speaker 9: Well, I sent over that they don't tell me anything.
Speaker 5: Well, they won't renew her unless she brings the account up to speed, and so right now they're charging her ninety dollars for about four or five months they want her to pay that was short on the rent, which is this fee?
Speaker 2: But has never been literally short on the rent itself ever, never never.
Speaker 9: But is is I haven't been able to pay the rent because I sent over copies of that as well. When you go online to pay the rent, you can't just pay what you want to pay. It's either the full.
Speaker 2: Balance or no wait wait, wait, I have any Tiffany, you're scaring the hell out of me. Now, when's the last time you paid the rent? Have you paid June's rent?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I have it.
Speaker 9: Because they don't. It doesn't allow me to, and I've told I've emailed them, I've talked to them.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, Okay, I get it. I get what you're saying. But you have all that money to pay it right now?
Speaker 9: Correct?
Speaker 4: I should?
Speaker 2: Okay, Brad?
Speaker 17: Brad, Well, at this point, they cannot evictor for non payment of utilities or for some utility management feed because you can only event landlord could only evict for non payment of rent. The rent is the charge that is due solely for the occupancy of the premises, So you cannot include utility. You cannot tackle on utility. Let's sees for the rent and then the victor overt and paid utilities.
Speaker 2: Well, Brad, what happens in her case? Where when is the last full month you've paid? Tiffany?
Speaker 9: The last full month was in January?
Speaker 2: Oh crap, this is how Okay, hold on, let me, I just want Brad to talk here. Brad. She's saying she logs onto the portal to pay if she doesn't pay the full amount, which includes things that apparently she doesn't know or at least in her opinion. So what happens if they won't accept what the rent is? Let's say the rents a thousand, but they want one thousand ninety one and she has no ability to pay online like she has for two years without paying the full amount. What kind of argument is that in front of a judge if these people try to go through an eviction because she hasn't paid her damn rent since January.
Speaker 17: Well, I think that's a I think that's a good colorable argument in front of a judge that I've seen these I've seen these website portals from management companies that will not let you pay anything sort of the full payment, including all these fees they want to tack on. So it's an argument from a judge that I at least tried to pay the base print that was due. Maybe I couldn't pay the utilities that were due, So you can't evict for non payment of utilities if that's all that's outstanding.
Speaker 2: And then she could go and here's the money right now, and basically, you know, hand them a check or hand them whatever they.
Speaker 17: Need absolutely, a tenant has a right to cure a nona to avoid eviction and cure that that non payment default up until the moment the judge orders enterests in order of possession.
Speaker 2: So I can't believe these people are doing it. If everything she's saying is correct, this is absolutely nuts. I can't believe they won't even let you pay the rent now, Tiffany. We're talking six soon to be seven months of rent at what twelve hundred bucks a month?
Speaker 5: What is well?
Speaker 9: No, nope, nope, because a Section eight pays their part of it, which is I only pay ninety dollars a month, is what I was what I'm to pay, So my portion of it's not paid the ninety dollars every month.
Speaker 2: And you definitely have that money.
Speaker 9: Oh h, I definitely have that money. I haven't saved.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe this, Brad, I can't believe it. I think they're trying to get her out of there.
Speaker 9: I would like to say that my niece has the same company, and I looked at her ledger and she is also being charged for utility reimbursement.
Speaker 2: Scenes and she has boardwalk management too.
Speaker 9: Yes, she does.
Speaker 2: You know what I want to look into these guys. I want to do a little deep dive into what these jerks are doing. And that's my opinion they're jerks. But to take Tiffany at her word and looking at the least that she is still under till January and having an attorney on like Brad O'Brien. Now, granted he hasn't read through the entire lease, but he, by breezing through it doesn't see anywhere where she should be paying anything to do with utilities. In fact, the opposite. It literally says she's responsible for all the utilities and they're trying to charge it. And then what's that other thing?
Speaker 7: Brad?
Speaker 2: Did you happen to see that other thing they're attempting to charge tim?
Speaker 17: Oh, the management?
Speaker 9: No rent income?
Speaker 2: What the hell is rent income? Let's rent?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: Oh that's your ninety bucks.
Speaker 9: No, No, these are different amounts, well like how much? Oh well, there's one that's for eighty one to twenty seven, there's one for seventeen dollars seconds.
Speaker 2: So hey, Brad, I've got to ask you in general, now, can the landlord just start making fees up? Can they say I can't raise your rent more than once a year. Because we live in Colorado, I can't get rid of you anymore when the lease is up. So therefore, I'm just going to start charging you fees left and right and not even tell you what they're for. Just give a line item HIN.
Speaker 17: And AF fees have to be in the written lease. And also lake fees cannot be assessed on anything other than base rent, so you can't do a late fee on on pant utility. And also late fees are limited to the greater of fifty x or five percent of the amount this pass two.
Speaker 2: So this is insane. Hold on a second, I'm going to put her on hold. Everybody out here, you're listening to Brad O'Brien. Now I'm gonna switch the conversation up real quick. Then we'll go back to Tiffany after the break. And I got some great ideas for her, and we're gonna we're gonna try to reach out. We're gonna put a Dimitri on this to reach out to Boardwalk management and see what the hell they're trying to pull. In fact, Kelly, I want you to pick up on Tiffany or Suzanne. Let's see who her person is at Boardwalk, and let's see if they want to come on the air and talk about this, because there is nothing, there is nothing that I have seen. I think they're shaking her down, that's my opinion. I think they're trying to bully her out of there so it's not Section eight or to get somebody else in at a higher amount, or whatever it happens to be. That's purely my opinion. But looking at her oldly, she never had any of these fees, and all of a sudden, these guys take over. They won't even take her actual base rent, but yet they're collecting from Section eight or eight CV every damn month. These guys sound like scumbags to me. I want to know what the hell they're up to at Boardwalk now, saying all that landlords out there, management companies out there, get your leases in order. That is what Brad O'Brien does. If you look at this lease, Brad, I know you haven't looked through the entire agreement, but this stuff has stuff in it like pet fees and other stuff I saw that you simply cannot handle that way anymore. In other words, this lease is not up to Colorado laws when it comes to tenant landlord and I'm telling you, if you're a landlord out there and you have a lease like this and you try to evict somebody, Brad, it can create all kinds of issues during the hearing.
Speaker 17: Right yeah, the requirements for landlords to have their leases comply with the law are pretty high right now.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. People get your lease reviewed. Call up Brad and if you have any kind of issues landlords, tenant, commercial, resident, well, maybe you're just buying a property, maybe you're going out to lease your first storefront, you're opening up a restaurant, and you've never dealt with cam charges or a commercial lease. For goodness sake, please call an attorney. And this is the guy we trust, Brad O'Brien and landlords, I beg of you. We get so many calls from landlords now, so many, it's incredible. They they're not getting paid for whatever's in the agreement. They end up in court and their lease is so damn old, it doesn't follow the new regulations and it never goes their way. For goodness sake, called Brad O'Brien. Seven two zero three seven zero seven three eight eight Property disputes. Two people buying a house together, that's not a married couple, anything, fence issues, eminent domain, anything residential and commercial. Brad O'Brien, I appreciate you coming on brad Olslaw dot com.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 11: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Look, we got lines open. Tiffany is in actually pretty good shape. We're gonna put her actually with Deputy bo Suzanne because he's got rentals everywhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's well versed in the subject.
Speaker 2: I think. Yeah, And let's try to get through Kelly. Did you get a phone number and try to reach out to Boardwalker whoever Tiffany knew there? Because I would love to get them on and understand and why all of a sudden they're charging her stuff they shouldn't be and I hate the fact they don't allow people to pay the base rent. And as we heard from our attorney, Brad O'Brien, that's pretty much a no no. She's going to be able to win this in court. If they don't want to renew it, they're gonna end up getting in trouble and they're going to have to renew it long as all the information she gave us.
Speaker 14: So I do have the newest one that she's been assigned to. The previous two have been fired.
Speaker 2: Really really over at Boardwalk Management. Correct they actually said they've been fired or Tiffany said that. Tiffany said that, Okay, did you try to reach out to the newest one.
Speaker 14: I'm going to do that right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see if they could come on, or if they won't come on, at least find out just ask them how come you're charging Tiffany, let's use an exact example for anything to do with utilities when none of that. In fact, the opposite is in the least she takes care of them, and she's not able to pay her base rent because your portal won't allow her it's a shakedown, I tell you, in my opinion, and it's more than interesting to me. It's a shakedown. I'd like to find more out about Boardwalk. I wonder if there's slum lords.
Speaker 14: No, all I have is a direct number, So yeah, see what you can figure. It's going to get voicemail, but just be forewarned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well see what you can get if you leave a voicemail, you know, leave a nice one, and I'll tell you. If that doesn't work and we don't hear back from them, you know, I've got other ways to try to wake up the new person over there, and people that listen to the show know what that is. We can give a online review of them, a review where you call up and leave a message with Boardwalk and try to understand why they're shaking down this lady. In my opinion, it's absolutely nuts, Brooke, what do you think you listen to that whole call unfold?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 3: I'm really glad that she called it, and you guys are going to be able to help her, because that just seems like exactly what you're talking about. She pays a cheaper rate and they're trying to get her out so they can make more money off of somebody else.
Speaker 4: And that's just not how it's done.
Speaker 2: You can't do it. And in this world right now in Colorado, listen like it, like it, or hate it, landlords do not have a lot of power anymore. It's like the pendulum swung. In fact, that happens a lot in Colorado. In fact, it's kind of happening behind the scenes right now, even in Denver a little bit. But that pendulum, it goes so far left or so far right it comes back. But right now, I mean, everything is in the tenants favor. You realize, if I have a lease with you, Brooke, and you rent a house from me, and it's a one year lease, at the end of that one year, I have to renew you. It doesn't matter long as you've been paying. Long as you've been paying, I have to renew you unless I move into that house or I'm going to sell that house. If I'm going to keep it, I can't simply rent to somebody else. And there's some other exemptions out there, but in general, generally speaking, I have to keep you as a tenant as long as you want to be there. After you've lived there, one year. That's how Denver works.
Speaker 4: Now, Oh, Colorado, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: That's insane.
Speaker 4: Are you able to adjust rent with that once a year?
Speaker 2: I can adjust rent. Now, I can't scare the hell out of you, And I don't know what's acceptable because that's going to ultimately be up to a judge. I can't say, oh, I really want to get rid of Brook, So hey, Brook, I'm raising the rent this one year, this one time this year, and it's going to be ten million dollars And then of course that would get you out because no one's going to pay ten million, So you can't go to that extreme. But it doesn't say like ten percent, twenty percent. It doesn't say what you can do. And I think they actually do follow up if the person that moves out because of the rent increase, they could probably follow up with the court system if they find out you didn't raise it what you were told it was going to be raised, and then the landlord's in trouble. It's really hard. Now We've got people that own lots of rentals in the state, and I'll tell you straight up, they're getting the hell out of Colorado because it's just too hard to be a landlord.
Speaker 3: Why did they make that legislation go through. What was the idea behind it?
Speaker 2: Well, because there was a lot of slum lords. That's that pendulum I'm talking about. It was to the point where you could bully around your tenants. If you had to Section eight, you could pretty much say, oh, you want to complain that the washing machine doesn't work, and that's part of the least. Well, since you opened your mouth, I'm going to get you out of here and put somebody else in come renewal. So I mean, it was like really in that favor. But here's the deal. There's good landlords that you don't even have to deal with this stuff, and there's good tenants you don't have to. But you know, the State of Colorado and our legislature decided to step in and write all these new rules that are ultimately making it more expensive to rent here because there's going to be less land lords and people are gonna want more money to deal with all this other crap. So everybody hanged tight. We've got one coming up with Dan McKenzie. He's another attorney at referral list dot Com and he has everything to do with the state planning and probate and pretty much you name it. We've got that and a lot more. Three lines open three oh three Martino, love to hear from you three zero three seven to one three talk.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right three to ozho three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, Uh, we've got a lot cooking. I do have some lines open, though. We're going to go to Dan McKenzie. But and I'll catch everybody up on this, but I did want to tell you about fix it twenty four to seven. These guys had second opinion is worth gold? I got an email the other day the guy had I'm not going to say what company it was, but I will say this, it was another referral list member and it's a great company, but they were selling him an air conditioner in a furn It's kind of a wrapped up system. And the total was about thirteen thousand dollars and fix It went out there for a free second opinion, same system. I think it was Carrier. I forget what Brandon was, but same exact system. Apples for apples, they came in twenty five hundred dollars less and they could get the job done a day quicker. So the second opinion is worth its eight and gold. It's one hundred percent free. Even if someone told you you need an expensive repair, a three or four thousand dollars repair, get the free second opinion, especially on a new system. Price ranges in home services, it fluctuates more than anything else I know about. I've seen water heaters fifteen hundred bucks, and I've seen water heaters the exact same one six thousand dollars. Okay, get the free second opinion. Fixmi home dot com. That's fixedmihome dot com. Now someone catch me up, Gary. Yesterday I took the day off yesterday.
Speaker 5: So Mark, he called yesterday, and Tom's notes his father passed away in January of twenty three. His then dad's widow passed away in February of twenty five, and he thinks he's a part of the estate. Dan mackenzie wasn't available yesterday, So now we have both Gary the caller and Dan on to powow about this.
Speaker 2: Gary real quick before I bring up Dana so he can get some real basics. Both of them passed away. Do you have siblings or you and ol me child?
Speaker 18: No, my father remarried, and so my stepmother's executor of the estate since he passed. I have one half one half sister, and that I have a step sister and a step brother and will and testament says it's fifty percent of the essay will go to my stepbrother who took good care of him. He deserves that, and then the other fifty percent should be dispersed to.
Speaker 8: The half sister.
Speaker 2: What is that fifty percent? Help me with that?
Speaker 13: What is it?
Speaker 18: I think it's just going to be the proceeds the selling of their house, which is probably about two hundred and fifty thousand, and any other case beyond that.
Speaker 2: And then who's saying they is someone saying they get all of it right now.
Speaker 18: No, I don't think anybody is still a will. There is a will and testament that my father made out, and.
Speaker 2: So where does the come in. What is the actual question?
Speaker 18: The actual question is I've been trying to identify from the attorneys who handled the estate with my stepmother, what's happening since her death in February?
Speaker 8: And do I still have any of that will.
Speaker 2: Test Okay, and you know I got you. Hold on, let me bring up Dan. Hey, Dan, it's so funny. We do get this question a lot. Someone doesn't have access, So I mean, really, you don't have access to the will, Gary, or you have no information since January on anything going on?
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 18: I actually hired an attorney to make contact and he tells me they don't have any obligation to tell me anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's true, and I'll get into that with Dan. But Dan, let me ask you a generic question. This guy just made me think about Gary. If let's say my mom and dad, my mom passes and my dad of course has everything that was in both their names, and in my case, that'd be everything. I mean, everything would go to whoever survives. So let's say, now my dad's got to use a round number one hundred thousand dollars. So then he gets remarried and he's still got one hundred thousand dollars, and the new wife moves into the house. I mean he at that point, regardless of anything, he could simply will everything to that that new wife if he wanted to. Then I would be left with nothing, I mean correct, right, Yeah, so I wonder if that's what happened. Here is why I brought it up. But what do you make of everything? Gary said? And Dan please feel free to ask any questions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 16: It can be difficult because you've got the will saying well here's here's where things go. But then the question is, okay, but what does the will actually control? And your point March is right on, which is like, man, he could have put her on the house, like if you know, if it was jointly owned, then that became hers, and that have happened with all the assets, and his will ends up really controlling nothing because everything passed to her through other means, And so trying to figure out what happened there can be a little bit of a challenge and might actually involve going back and investigating.
Speaker 8: Your dad's estate.
Speaker 16: And it sounds like you do have that will. Did your mother your stepmother's will get lodged with the court. Have you actually seen this?
Speaker 8: I have not, Dan, I have no. I haven't seen that or even tried to access it. Okay, it's possible. I mean that might be.
Speaker 13: The first stop actually is to go see what her will says.
Speaker 16: If she had one, and if she did, you know, if there isn't one showing up, then the question is is it not showing up because the person who has it hasn't turned it over yet, or is it because there wasn't one? But yeah, it it can be a little bit challenging because you know, you also need to know what the asset are and somebody might not have shared that information.
Speaker 2: See if he turned all if he made her your stepmother the beneficiary of everything, beneficiary's deed on the house, beneficiary on the bank accounts. You get the idea. I mean, your dad's estate has nothing, then it's all her and what she put in her will, not what his wishes were. But I mean, we don't know if that happened. But Dan, I mean, he can't really he has no access if he wanted to force the point, can he motion the judge or hire an attorney to motion the judge to force them to share the will? Or what happened to the assets? Or how do you actually get answers even through an attorney, how do you get them?
Speaker 16: Yeah, you have an interest in the estate.
Speaker 8: You should be able to see the will.
Speaker 13: I mean some of this.
Speaker 16: Stuff is public too.
Speaker 8: I mean if they owned.
Speaker 16: Real Like if your dad on real estate, you know, you could go back and look at that deed history and just see what. Yeah, did he put her on the did he put her on the did he put it in a trust?
Speaker 13: Is it in a trust?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 16: How is it needed right now?
Speaker 6: And maybe be back up, Hey, Dan, it's sus here. I have a question.
Speaker 5: So if the other folks attorney says he has no obligation or they have no obligation.
Speaker 6: To Gary, if Gary was mentioned in a will from the widow.
Speaker 5: Would they then have an obligation to let Gary know that or even if he was in it, they still have no obligation.
Speaker 16: Yeah, he would have Like if he's mentioned in a will, then he certainly has an interest in the estate and would have the right to see the will, and the will their obligation is to lodge that will with the court, right, So I don't know if they necessarily have any obligation to him, but they do have an obligation to put the will in a place where he can access it.
Speaker 2: So but Gary said, he hired an attorney and the attorney said, you have no I mean basically, Gary told you you have no right to see the will.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's but hold on, wouldn't that Dan, if everybody was doing everything on the up and up, that would mean he's said not in the will, right.
Speaker 16: I mean, which is totally you know step relations are they are nothing, right. I mean it's like, but you know, you can have a step kid in your license. They were a tiny little kid and you feel like that's my kid, and it's like not legally.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no, not legally. I mean Gary, I mean, you're gonna it's a horrible position you're in. So what bottom line? In fact, Dan, I hate to do this to you. Can you? We also have another question I wanted to bring up with you, So do you mind hanging on or let me do this. Let me have Kelly call you back after the big break. So you're not sitting there on hold wasting time? Is that cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I think I've got another thing at noon, so we'll see if I can get on.
Speaker 2: But I'm happy to all right, sounds good. I appreciate it. Man, hold on everybody, and then Gary, hold on. I want to get like you know, ABC after this for you, and then Dan, maybe we can connect later next hour. But I got another one. Hold on.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. I'm gonna jump right back into Dan mackenzie. Dan so for Gary, though he already he has an attorney. I don't even know if this is in state. But bottom line is what what can he do, if anything at this point, what is your direct vice to him? Like step one, step two?
Speaker 16: Uh, step one would probably be there. There is a document request form on the Colorado Court website and you can go on there and see if you can request will for your stepmother and for your dad, and just make sure you've got those. And then, like I say, if they had any sort of public publicly held properties like real estate, especially if there's any real estate that either one of them want to own, back and look at those deeps. Those are all public recording and see how they were titled, and if there were a trust or if things were jointly owned or what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gary, look at look at whatever county. Go to the county website and look up the property and see whose name it's in. You got that. Okay, that's a good free be to do. And then is this in Colorado?
Speaker 8: Now this is in Ohio. Here's how I would add one thing. My stepmother was.
Speaker 18: Really incapacitated that whole time between my father's death and her dying, and so my stepsister was given power of attorney within that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going to have to the first thing I would do is exactly what Dan said. Whether it's in Ohio or not, it's not going to matter. You're going to be able to go to the county and figure out who owns sad house. That's first thing I do. Do that and report back to us and Dan. I'm hoping you can hold on till after this. I'll come to you right after the break. But we got another good one for you. Hold tight.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: News.
Speaker 1: You come run just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 15: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Welcome.
Speaker 2: My friends to the only show but Scatt We're here to solve problem, but answer questions, take complaints. We're here to make your life just a little bit better. You've been ripped off or need any help, we do have three lines open three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five three oh three Martino. We love helping people. In fact, to the tune of over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise, exchanges and refunds directly due to this show. We love diving into problems. Make sure you spread that number around. Three oh three Martino works on and off the air, or you can always email us anytime at help It troubleshooter dot com. We try to man the phones quite a bit more than you'd think, even when we're not live, and then, of course emails we answer constantly. A lot of us have access to that account and we all dive in and try to help people. But that's it. Three h three Martino. I want to bring up Dan mackenzie again. And here's the deal, Kelly. You're going to send Suzanne all the information from Gary.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I just sent the last will and testament of his father and I'm sending her the information that I've garnered about her his brother.
Speaker 2: So Suzanne, what I want you to do is hop on the website in Ohio and figure out what county it is and see if you can't look up who owns that property in Ohio. I mean, that's it. Just do a little legwork and we'll get back to Gary so we can free Gary up. Actually, but hey, Dan, I want to ask you something.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: This came up in Suzanne's family. And I'm not going to get into specifics, but someone someone's dad passed away, Okay, and Suzanne, you're gonna have to jump in this story. Sure, And there was a wife that was not the biological so a stepmom. So step mom is living in that house right now. Dad passed away, he had an estate, there's cash in the estate, and then there's a house. I believe somehow they did it to where she can live in the house until she dies, but then the house goes to the son. Is that correct.
Speaker 5: That's correct because that house and property had been in let's just say it my brother in law's families.
Speaker 6: In the family for many, many, many decades.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, eighteen hundred yeah, eight.
Speaker 6: Since it's been in.
Speaker 4: The party of the family.
Speaker 11: Dan.
Speaker 2: They actually have cemeteries on this property. It's really crazy, so they'll probably be buried there. But so that's what happened to the house. But where I don't understand how did the money work, Suzanne. How did the rest of the estates because the kid didn't get the money. Is it like the wife has access to it till she dies, so.
Speaker 5: The wife can use it for her expenses until she dies, and what's left over, this is my understanding.
Speaker 6: What was left over would then go back to.
Speaker 7: The sun.
Speaker 2: And here's what I don't get dan setting something up like that unless if you limited it, like in a trust to where she gets five thousand dollars or we pay the utilities or something along that. If the cash just transfers to somebody under this scenario, I mean, they could easily just spend it or give it to their own offspring. I mean, and I get this, you're not looking at the will or a trust, if there is a trust or anything like that. But what do you make of a plan like that? Is that somewhat normal when it comes to the property. That way it stays in the blood family if you will.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean a lot of times that is a good use for trust, just to make sure someone can stay there and you can have a right of occupancy, and it's good to spell out how costible they.
Speaker 13: You know, who's paying for why you know, a person's.
Speaker 16: Putting their temporarily and isn't going to get ownership, doesn't want to.
Speaker 8: Replace the roof, but you know that might need to be done.
Speaker 16: So that's not that usually is a good use for a trust. I mean, certainly on real estate, you could have a life estate to which does not require trust planning. It's a little bit antiquated, but I still see them sometimes where it just says, you know, this person will get this property for their lifetime and then it's going to you know, go back to this. So that can be done without a trust. But I'm trying to think of a way that you could do that with cash, and I'm not seem they would need a trust to do that well.
Speaker 2: And word this brings me too, is people out there listening right now that are in this circumstance or maybe you know, maybe the kids are listening and they're going, oh, yeah, my dad's been married three times. I always thought we were going to get the family house. I mean, when we start talking about asset protection to the beneficiaries you wanted going to. I mean, that's one of the key things you guys do, or one of the key things that people need to have done, and you guys do. So give me an example when we just don't talk about a trust or will. I thought this was a great example. The father actually went out of his way to make sure that you know, the son his first born, and that's just how he wanted it actually gets that house, that property that has been in that family since the eighteen hundreds. Give me some other ideas of how people can protect let's call it their legacy, that asset protection part of what you do.
Speaker 16: I mean, this is really common and blended families with step kids or sep relations.
Speaker 8: I mean we just heard it with Terry, right.
Speaker 16: I mean it's just like you know, if you if you get married, you can accidentally disinherit your own kids because you do the normal thing, which is you know, combined spouse as the combined assets of your house and then they're going to get it. And you can have a will that says all kinds of things about what your kids get, but that will end up doing nothing because everything transferred to the spouse first, So it just comes up way more often.
Speaker 8: Than you would think.
Speaker 16: It doesn't need to be anything exotic like an eighteen hundred farmhouse. They could just see the house. Yeah, yeah, this this actually happens all the time, and a lot of times, like people want to say, I want my spouse to be able to stay in this house. I don't want them to be rushed out. I don't want kids coming in and taking all the furnishings out or things like that. But ultimately, yes, I came into this marriage with these assets and this other person at their assets, and we want to keep them. We want our kids to benefit. So we're going to you know, control this out a couple of steps of trust pinning.
Speaker 2: Do you hear that a lot where people call you up and go, you know, my dad or my mom forever, we're going to leave us X and all of a sudden they got remarried and then passed away, and now we literally don't have anything and no one will give us any information. I know, we get that call a lot. In fact, I bet we get it weekly.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, people need to understand what I said earlier. When we're trying to gary about like step relations are really not you know that is not really a formal legal thing. My step parent passes.
Speaker 8: Away, I'm not.
Speaker 16: I am not an error to them and all they can certainly make me one by putting putting me in their will, but that probably is usually not what happens. Even when people don't have animosity for that person, just don't think to do it. And yeah, we we do see people actually get this neared. Of course, oral promises. You know, you might be familiar with the concept that, yes, contracts, oral contracts. You and I can make an oral contract for you to provide. That does not apply in the will context, because if we did that, like everybody would come in and say, this person is passed away and isn't here to refuse me. Coincidentally with telling me all the time, I'm going to get that on the furnhouse.
Speaker 2: You know you actually you educated me years ago when we were talking that if you had a video will, which really means nothing, but I mean it might be someone's wishes them on video. I'm not talking about a deep fake. I mean an actual VHS of it, and then you have a will that's different than that. It doesn't matter. It's going to go to the written will. The recording means almost nothing, right, And you know that became.
Speaker 16: Real popular for a moment there where, Yeah, people were trying to use videos to document when someone was disinherited. It was really meant so they put the video of the person saying, I really mean to just neair this person. And those videos, actually, I think they found were doing more harm than good because a lot of times the person was quite elderly, they didn't really look good on cameras and totally opposite you, they are looking pretty feeble. Everyone's like, we don't know if you were standing off camera with a gun, you know, pointed at them saying you better say this point so.
Speaker 2: Uh or I'm not gonna yeah, you better say this, or I'm not going to feed you later tonight or something.
Speaker 19: Right.
Speaker 2: Hey, down, last last question about once again kind of asket protection, but same kind of scenario. New wife and let's say there was a life insurance policy out there, and you know, you thought the kids thought they were the beneficiary forever. I mean, people don't realize this, but you know they can change that beneficiary almost at any time, and you really have no right to look at the policy.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's pretty it's pretty tough to track that stuff down. I mean, you can challenge as any beneficiaries for the same reason that you can challenge it will. You can say the person was unduly in you can say they didn't have capacity to make that kind of decision. But it's harder because there's no court case that passes outside approbate. So yeah, it takes some effort to get the company to share that information with you.
Speaker 2: You know, here's something everybody listening to I love about Mackenzie. So Dan, when you call them up, you'll talk to him for free. He'll set a time for you. You can talk over the phone or meet them, whatever you want to do. It doesn't matter where you're in Colorado though. You can help you out so or do a zoom for that matter. But what's really cool is you kind of tell where you're at. Hey, you know, I'm married, I'm thirty, we've got two kids, we got this for assets, we own a house, and he's going to come up with a plan that's right for you. Because everybody's different. Whoever's listening can be a lot different than Suzanna and I. I mean, you know, our kids are older in life. When you have younger kids, you got to figure out I think the most important thing we did in our twenties, Dan was figure out what would happen to the kids? Who's going to take care of the kids. That's probably when people, even if they don't have a lot of assets or live in an apartment, I mean really, that's when people got to start thinking about a will, right, either when they come into some kind of money or something. I mean, even if it's just a car you own outright, who do you want to have it? But really, when you have kids, when you say that's like the first thing for most people.
Speaker 16: I say, whenever you have somebody relying on you, and you kind of I mean, you know, I mean most people don't really care if their creditors get taken care of. But yeah, once you start owing people money, you got someone relying on you, frankly, but at least family if you've got a thousand dependent on your income, if you got kids, Like that's kind of the part we got to say, yeah, here's is going to benefit from this stuff.
Speaker 2: And then just the asset protection for people out there. When we talked about that, a little one thing I didn't touch base on. You know, I'm kind of dealing with Years ago, I started thinking, my parents live in Florida, if you move assets before, Medicaid might come in and take everything if they long if they end up in long term care, which my parents haven't. They live in their own house and they're in good shape. But a lot of people do end up in long term care. And if they have a half a million dollars, let me tell you, once they kick on Medicaid, half a million dollars can go so fast it would just blow your mind. So anything that you wanted to leave to your kids or anything your kids you know we're hoping to get from you. And that could even be the house, the equity in the house. Medicaid can take that stuff away. But there's different things and look back periods, and that all ties back into that asset protection that Dan can help you with if you do. If you're listening right now and go, oh, man, if I end up there, you know I still want my kids to get this house or part of my legacy. He can help you there, But there's time frames and that's the kind of stuff you got to call Dan on. He's great. Dan. I appreciate you coming on, and you can call Dan it eight three three co as in Colorado plans eight three to three co plans and he'll actually talk to you, like I said, and put together pricing meaning you don't charge hourly, Right Dan, I mean you pretty much say it's going to be this amount and here's what we're going to do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we try and to be for as much as we can.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I realize that probate or some things are different when you end up in a court and you're fighting over something. But in general, if you're looking to structure a will or that asset protection, I'm telling you, man, Dan's a man. This guy lives and breathes it and he's great at it. Call him up, talk to him for free, get a price. Maybe you got a will or a trust you haven't updated and you got remarried and something along the lines of what we've talked about in the last half hour. UH is making you think eight three three co plans or coplans dot co.
Speaker 11: Thanks Dan, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 11: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 7: Find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 11: Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, folks, three three seven one three A two five five, If I'm gonna tease something coming up. Uh, Suzanne did some sleuthing around, and you found tell everybody what you found.
Speaker 5: So I found this stepmother's will and also found who owned the house, and I found everything.
Speaker 2: Mark, we're gonna we're gonna get that update. Who owned that guy's house? What was his name? Already? Forget what was the caller's name, Gary? Gary. We're gonna get Gary back up, and we're gonna tell him what we found out. But we now know what his stepmother owned, we know what her will said, and we're not talking in old will. We're talking Yeah, Wat's what I mean, the actual will that they filed with to court. So we got a ton of information. We're gonna get him back on and Uh, I think I don't even know the answer yet. I told Suzanne not to tell me, but I'm dying to know. Is this caller Gary Uh? Is he in the will anywhere? Is he gonna get anything? It's crazy, but we're gonna find out, so hold tight on that. Then we're gonna talk some solar but real quick. Ste the painter, he has got a deal for listeners. And I need to say this. Steve has worked at our house numerous times. He has painted our garage and I mean on the inside of it. He has done a ton of touch up paint and he's painted our ceilings. If you're looking for that painter, Steve and his wife come out. Hey, Steve, does your daughter still work with you?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Sure does?
Speaker 2: I love it. This guy does a great job and his pricing is unbelievable. We're gonna hear what this special is. But he does interior exterior. Now, you guys won't do like three story homes anymore? Right, No, we do?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh you do some.
Speaker 20: Yes, I picked up some guys and you know, Markham, dude, I'll be I'll be sixty nine here, I know, man. You know, so getting getting up on the ladders is kind of and guess what I'm doing today.
Speaker 8: I'm up on the damn ladder.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 8: But anyway, well this guy.
Speaker 2: Does when I when I say a great job, I mean he can fix your dry wall. Let's say, yeah, you got a hole in the wall and you need it basically retextured and painted. They can do it.
Speaker 9: All.
Speaker 2: These guys can do anything. And what is the special going to be? Oh and by the way, Steve has been on our referral list. Steve, I want to say twenty years Uh darn close market. I don't remember one really, I honestly, I honestly can't think of one single complaint. And the way you matched up some of our pain in the dining room and other areas, weird colors. I don't know how you did it, but you you did a lot of touch up when we first moved into that house, and then you painted a lot of rooms. It just I can't brag enough about you, Steve. Just really good job. And I'll give your number out in a second. But what is the deal you got cooking for people right now?
Speaker 20: Well, we got a double whammy. We're going to give ten percent off any interior and extra painting full paint. But if you're a veteran. We're going to give fifteen percent off.
Speaker 2: Fifteen percent off, give me an idea of like what a room. Let's I like when people have a real idea. So your average sized bedroom, like a kid's bedroom? What what is something like that?
Speaker 8: Run?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 20: Oh, roughly, if we're just doing the walls, you're looking maybe about four to twenty five some we're close, nice all right about yeah four five?
Speaker 2: And then you do exterior interior anything, yeah, insides, outside, fences, decks, yeah, we do it all. We even dose do staining for decks. Maybe someone wants to get a deck restained.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, we do that also, awesome in between in between all that stuff and now we've kind of delied in doing handyman service. So if you needed some base replacement, and you know, we've done that.
Speaker 2: So like baseboard, how about like a ceiling fan?
Speaker 20: Hon uh seiling fans? Kind of kind of iffy because now we get an electrical Okay.
Speaker 16: We dellied in it.
Speaker 8: We did it at our house. But yeah, yeah, right, isn't too difficult.
Speaker 2: All right, Well that's it, man, So ten percent off veterans fifteen Steve the painter. There there's star quality pain on our referral list at referral list dot com. But you can call it for that deal. Three oh three nine four eight eight seven six'. Five they're. Honest they're going to do a great job for. You Uh steve The painter star. Quality everybody hold. Tight we got a lot coming. UP i cannot. Wait we've Got gary. Up we're going to do that update than any solar questions you have three oh Three. Martino or if you've been ripped, off need some, help need some? Advice three zero Three, martino.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose Frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two all, right three oh three seven one THREE a two five. Five we're gonna do this. Now we're going to have a conversation next hour ABOUT ai. Two it is absolutely, incredible but there's some stuff that you might be. Shocked who's going to lose your? Jobs? First AND i mean this could be coming up in a year or, so and a lot of, it of, course is based on my, opinion but then also a ton of research schools and colleges have done on you, know you might be in college right now getting certain degrees and they could be absolutely. Worthless And i'm not. Kidding so we're going to talk about that next. Hour we're also going to talk about solar but right Now i'm going to Bring gary. Up, Hey, Gary susan found OUT i got to recap real. Quick gary called in and basically he thought he was going to be getting his father's house when he passed, away and some money and part of the. Estate and he very, well, maybe BUT i don't even know the answer. Yet but father, died got. Remarried the woman that basically he remarried still lived in the, house but she just passed. Away she passed. Away why carry the beginning of the, year, basically, Uh february this, Year so she passed. Away and now everybody's got their lips, tight not sharing any, information who owned the, house who gets the, money what does the will look? Like, well we've got some good, answers. Man we actually found the. Will we're going to email you a copy of, it but we're going to tell you what we, Found, suzanne real. Quick Did dan McKenzie did he return that?
Speaker 6: Call he has not answered my, question JAF, R so send him a copy of. That and he did, that and it's in your inbox as.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: Excellent So i'm gonna Let suzanne just kind of talk from here out and let you know what she. Found but there is some, questions some legal eese we might not know the answers. To But dan will once we get him back involved with might be tomorrow or when the show's, over but go. Ahead, Okay so so.
Speaker 5: Curious first, Off, GARY i found out who owns that particular, house or who owned that particular.
Speaker 6: House it was your, stepmom not your.
Speaker 5: Dad she was the only owner of that property address that you sent In Stark, County.
Speaker 2: Ohio did you own it prior did your dad own it prior to meeting? Her?
Speaker 8: No, no they bought that.
Speaker 5: Together, okay technically she was the. OWNER i don't know how that works with marital. Property did you see the deed before?
Speaker 14: That?
Speaker 6: Uh, no that kind of.
Speaker 5: INFORMATION i was trying to see who might may have owned it before it AND i could not see that information on their.
Speaker 2: Webs no. Doubt as of this, second she's the Only she was the only owner of that. House so you're you you were ast out of that brow open that.
Speaker 5: EMAIL i sent. You so this is what's, curious not the will, one but the other. ONE i don't know what that document, is but they were at the.
Speaker 2: WILL i haven't got.
Speaker 5: It, okay her will and this other document was filed on the same. Day so let me tell you what the will, Said, GARY i am, widowed not, remarried and have three. Children And i'm just gonna say their first, Name, Kevin, stacy and DON i give them all of my.
Speaker 6: Property it is to be divided among them in the.
Speaker 5: Will AS i read, It, gary your name was not mentioned in her will at. All and this was filed In may of twenty twenty. Five that being, said WHAT i was Hoping mark And dan mackenzie could look. At on the same day that her will was, filed there is this. Document it says surviving spouse, children next Of ken legates AND i don't know how to say the word. Devass's, now your name was mentioned along with listed not, mentioned listed along With Kevin don And. Stacy but at the bottom of this same, document it, says the following are the vested beneficiaries named in the descendants, will and that Was, Kevin don And, stacy not. You i'm just not sure what this document.
Speaker 2: Is when it talks about him and the Other.
Speaker 5: The following are descendants known surviving spouse children and lineal descendants of deceased. Children if none he the following are descendants. Next so you were the next Of ken if all the three kids, died but you were not mentioned in the, will And i'm very.
Speaker 2: Sorry to tell you that you were simply in.
Speaker 6: Success and the other thing IS i SAW i read your dad's. Will he was. Clear, oh AND i was also going to ask you, Will, Well gary sent Me dad's.
Speaker 2: Will, well let's tell the. Listeners so prior to him, passing he did will and what did? Say it?
Speaker 6: Said, now that's WHAT i was going to say real quick. Though BEFORE i.
Speaker 5: Read dad's, Will, gary you said she you did not think she was of sound mind when she, died or however you put that for how long do you think she did not have a sound, mind just if you had to, Guess, well.
Speaker 8: Even before my father, passed, okay sleeping like twenty hours a. Day and then when she went in the, hospice she was taken care of By, don WHO i thought maybe took over power of accurrence because.
Speaker 5: Your will was signed by Her april of twenty twenty, four so after your dad, died but a year before she. Died now what's interesting is your dad was clearly a lot more generous in his, will naming everything to his wife and if my wife does not survive, ME i fifty percent To, kevin like you, said and then the rest divided up between, You, stacy And.
Speaker 2: Don so he was actually he wasn't going to ace out her kids.
Speaker 5: Out.
Speaker 2: Him she. Did oh my, GOD i don't speak wrong of the, dead but that kind of.
Speaker 7: Sucks.
Speaker 2: Scary, YEAH i, mean your dad was, like let's split it between the four. Kids, yeah and she's, like, man my, kids only do you get along with these?
Speaker 7: Kids?
Speaker 8: No she forever didn't like me because my dad AND i had a very strong confidential, relationship AND i think she was always jealous of, that and she passed that acrimony along to her. Children SO i was never really a part of that family that. Much but my father loved me to, death as you can see by. That, Yeah and that's WHY i was curious if there was any leeway on, that BECAUSE i know what his sentiments. Were BUT i knew that she had a more acrimonious relationship when it came to.
Speaker 5: Me So, gary What i'm going to do, is it's just in CASE i have it all, wrong Because i'm not in a an, attorney that's for. Sure i'm going to send you these two, documents so you have them in your email and you can have an attorney look over.
Speaker 2: Them you can read them yourself. Whatnot, yeah and then we send. Them we sent them To mackenzie and he'll give us some. Feedback we'll send you that as. Well But, gary, sorry, man BUT i am glad we got to the bottom of. It you didn't have to hire another. Attorney we got. It suzanne got to figure it out for.
Speaker 8: You, Well, well thank you so. MUCH i gotta appreciate. That and my intuition was that you would probably lock me out of, that just given the tenor of the family relationships at the.
Speaker 13: Time, yeah that.
Speaker 2: Sucks. Man, Hey, GARY i appreciate, it and, uh you, know bless, you AND i hope everything's cool with the rest of your. Life And i'm glad you called the. Show three oh three seven one three eight two five. Five we got lines, open love to hear from. You hold, tight.
Speaker 11: Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh, three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax. Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two all, right we got a lot. Cooking next, hour we're going to be talking some solar of, course we're always calls come. First three oh Three martina ripped off taking. ADVANTAGES i want to hear from. You but we're also going to be talking about some of the. JOBS ai is going to be taken away probably in the next year and a lot of college kids out. THERE i want you to kind to pay attention to, this BUT ai is getting to the POINT i can't even believe. It but we are going to dive into that. Now i'm going to start this call With, mickey and if we got to bring you, Over, mickey we'll do. That you, know my mom's name Is. Michelle she goes By, joan but, everybody all of her, siblings call Her. Mickey AND i don't think Besides Mickey, Mouse i've ever heard that name. Before. Mickey go, Ahead.
Speaker 10: HI i don't know if you own a particular subject or, not but about a year, ago you had someone on From Compass insurance And tom or the guy From compass talked about a list that he had of insurance companies that he would in touch with a ten foot poll good ones and the bad. Ones And i'm wondering IF i could find out about what that list. Is, AGAIN i was driving and couldn't copy it.
Speaker 2: Down, WELL i mean the, LIST i can get. It you know, what that's not a bad. Deal What i'll do, is after the, Break i'll Get brian back. On i'm going to tell you my opinion based on a million calls That i've taken at this point the worst out there in my, Opinions Fred Leyer Ferrauto. INSURANCE i don't think they do, home but they just fight their own, clients they fight other people that were. Harmed those guys just put up a. Fight and one of the Things John, fuller one of our personal injury attorneys WHO i, love taught me is that when they actually print out the application for their car insurance, product people deny. Medpay medpay cost almost. Nothing so let's say you're paying two thousand dollars a year for auto, insurance medpay might cost you another thirty bucks and it's no questions asked. Money it's the easiest coverage to use and there's just no questions. Asked if you get into an accident and someone's hurt in your, car you can use medpay and it's dirt. Cheap but when they print out the, applications according To, fuller they literally check the box you deny. It that's how sneaky they. Are and in the state Of, colorado you have to give medpay unless if the client declines. It so they make the choice for you because they know it's a loser for. Them, Now tom AND i disagree on. One all state and here's the only REASON i say. That in some, communities And i'm dealing with one right, now In, nebraska all state is half the price of anybody. ELSE i don't know. WHY i have no idea same coverage half the price of stuff we're looking. At that's. Rule so maybe In nebraska when it comes to rural, property they have just made themselves the. Cheapest And i've got some other good examples. Too But, kelly let's Get Brian burns on AND i want to talk to him about. This and we've got a lot more coming up right here on The Troubleshooter. Show please don't forget three oh Three martino one hour coming. Up love to hear from. You three oh Three martino works on off the, Air Help troubleshooter Dot, Com Hank. Tight we're also going to be talking To brooke and how you can get a free commercial solar.
Speaker 11: System go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 7: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 11: Content time for an insurance check, up free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance.
Speaker 7: Companies find Out now three oh three seven seven one.
Speaker 11: Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rid you need advice so you don't have to run anxious as can no shoot us gonna.
Speaker 2: Come this is The Troubleshooter. Show No Tom, Martinez welcome my friends to the only show of its. Kind we go after the bad. Guys we've been doing this for over forty five. Years you've been ripped off or taking advantage Of i'll tell you. What we have got a record that's, unbelievable over three hundred million dollars arguably coming up on four hundred million dollars in, cash merchandise, exchanges. Refunds and then that doesn't include all the advice people learned so they don't get ripped. Off if you have any questions you want to tell everybody about a bad, guy this is the place for. You you can check us out every single day of course ten am to two Pm mountain, time where you can check us out on The iHeart app at any time or wherever you get your, podcasts and then of course our YouTube channel you can actually watch us and listen to. US i can hear sturing the. Breaks you go to, YouTube type in Trouble Shooter. Network all, right three three, seven one three eight two five. Five So Brooke white is with me With Red Rock. Solar we're going to be talking to her about commercial systems and this grant money where she has literally gotten people one hundred, percent in, fact even better than. That sometimes she's gotten people one hundred and twenty percent of the cost of the commercial solar. System we're going to dive into that and some other stuff into. Solar we're going to talk a LITTLE. Ai but right Now mickey called up And Brian. Burns he's our expert With Compass. Insurance, Brian first of, all thanks for coming on as. Always how are you, doing Bro i'm doing.
Speaker 8: Good how about?
Speaker 18: You?
Speaker 2: Good you buy That tesla yet you keep telling me you're going to get.
Speaker 19: ONE i, KNOW i keep going around with, it BUT i haven't done. YET i just need to take years a week and then we'll.
Speaker 8: Decide you, KNOW i.
Speaker 2: Actually wouldn't mind that we're going out of town. Now i'm not. KIDDING i wouldn't. Mind we'll be out of town three, days AND i would not mind that at.
Speaker 13: All.
Speaker 2: Man so if you really want to do, THAT i think that's a great. Idea as long as you gas it up when you're. Done how's that?
Speaker 9: There you? Go?
Speaker 2: Exactly so, Listen mickey was listening a long time. AGO i don't know when it, was AND i Guess tom AND i or you And tom were having the conversation about insurance companies that are just, horrible and, HONESTLY i disagree With tom on some all STATE i happen to find out In, nebraska in a rural community right, now they're really the only. Game they're half price of anybody, else and a lot of people because Of wind And hall pulled out of new. Business they don't even do business in this part Of. Nebraska but that's kind of the same With. COLORADO i mean a lot has changed. Here and WHAT i have come to, understand especially through your education of, me when it comes to insurance insurance companies at different time times do what's right for the insurance. Company progressive at a certain time might be targeting people with young drivers in the house and have the best, rates then all of a, sudden a couple of years, later they might have the worst rates for new. DRIVERS a company might be In california this, year but because the wildfires aren't doing new, business but then all of a, sudden a few years from, now they might be aggressively in that. Market, AGAIN i mean they constantly. Change, Right, no you're exactly.
Speaker 19: Right that's probably a better way to phrase. It it's the thing is is what what why anybody would want to go to someone that can only do that one? Carrier because of the reason you're, saying it's. It it fluctuates so. Dramatically it's like one year you have a company that's really aggressively trying to write, business and then all of a, sudden the rates go way up because they're really wanting to get out of a certain. Area but that agent is not their. Fault they just they have no other, option so they have to convince you why you should stay.
Speaker 2: Put so, yeah so here's WHAT i, do, real here's WHAT i do each. Year in fact right now is very. Unique every single POLICY i. Have i've got A rv, policy a motorcycle, policy a trailer, policy a typical auto, policy an, umbrella a business, policy and a homeowner's. Policy at this very, second every single ONE i have is through. You there has been a time WHERE i HAD i think it was mutual liberty or liberty mutual or. Something at one point you couldn't beat something AND i had a different. One SO i did, shop AND i do, Shop there's no doubt about. That but you shopped the majority of them for. Me now saying THAT i shopped you for my son In, nebraska and you were the first one to tell, ME i do not like these. Rates, MARK i don't know what's going on in that town or that area of the country because you don't really specialize In. Nebrassa you can quote some, stuff but not. Everything and in the bottom line Was State farm had better coverage than what you could. Offer who was the one you sent?
Speaker 9: Me you mean All?
Speaker 8: STATE i, think?
Speaker 13: Right or All?
Speaker 2: STATE i don't, remember if honest To, GOD i don't remember if It's State farm or All. STATE i just don't.
Speaker 19: REMEMBER i, yeah in the certain areas Obviously. Colorado we have a lot of companies in In. Nebraska we HAD i told, you like three, carriers WELL i could quote compared to. Twenty, yeah the rate came back With Stafe CO i think Or, travelers one of the, two and it was really. High SO i told, you, look get an agent that's in the area there exactly they might feel to offer you something.
Speaker 2: Different, well and funny, ENOUGH i got a broker like you in the area and they couldn't even beat yours from out of. State so that's When i'm just. Crazy that's WHAT i called All state And State, farm and one of, Them i'm so, SORRY i. FORGET i really do think It's State farm just kicked a crap out of all of. THEM i, mean they must do a ton of that rural kind of community, business.
Speaker 19: Right, right, yeah very well. Good, Yeah and when you run into a situation where just the rate to seem, exorbitant you know it's. FAIR i, MEAN i have SOMEONE i was working with just recently that it was a home that got non renewed in the middle of, nowhere And i'm looking, everywhere AND i ended up Calling State farm to see IF i could get a quote from, him just to help this person. OUT i, did but it ended up THAT i found a better option going. Eccess But i'm with, YOU i am just trying to find whatever is the best.
Speaker 2: Sellers, NOW i will say, this AND i Told mickey, this one of the ones we get more complaints on than any other company THAT i can think of when it comes to car insurance is Fred. LAYER i have heard from people that have Fred loya and people that had been hit by someone that Has Fred, loya AND i have never heard so many nightmare stories and they're. Constant they seem to like just totally just neglect. Everybody so, therefore, like, hey if we don't see it or hear about it or call you, back there must not have been a. PROBLEM i mean to, me that's how they. Operate but that's my. Opinion but what companies do you think? Suck i'll just put it that, WAY.
Speaker 19: I will, Say AND i don't know IF i would be quite as as crass as saying, suck BECAUSE i don't know if that would be the. Descriptive but to your, point the ones that we seem to have a lot of issues, WITH i do think Fred loya is way up. There and really it's if you think of Fred, loya they really do specialize in more of the high risk type.
Speaker 2: Of oh these are people that have had not all of, them don't get me, wrong but these are people that have to HAVE sr twenty two. S they might have multiple, duys they might have one of those blow meters that are in your, car whatever they're. CALLED i, mean they are they're high risk, people, Right so.
Speaker 19: You're naturally going to have some more. Issues it's going to be lower coverages because they're not people just trying to afford it at that. Point so you're going to see that it's a very scale down. Policy and in all, honesty most of the problems not, all but most of the PROBLEMS i get involved with from the show there is because it's not a good. Policy in other, words that's not Good countries urchased, endorsements they haven't and you know they've done what they could to keep the price. Down but then when you have a, loss you have to understand that there's going to be more exclusions on those type of. Policies so to, me if people want, That I'm i'm totally open to. THAT i just want to make sure they understand what they.
Speaker 2: Have so the general is another. One but going back to your, point and Then, Mickey i'll let you ask, questions BUT i hope you're learning from this conversation to make you like everybody. Listening but the other thing what baffles, Me, brian and we've talked about it when you're here on the, show is when it comes to uninsured and no insured insurance for yourself. PEOPLE i know people that at one point had liability in share and of say two hundred and fifty thousand, dollars that's a lot of liability insurance for a lot of, people and that would cover most people's. Assets that's just the way it. Is not everybody's but a lot of, people's so you might not need any more insurance in. That but in the same, breath they don't have any uninsured or, underinsured so they're insuring everybody else out on the road in case they do something. Wrong they're helping everybody else. Out but if somebody and in the state Of, COLORADO i think it's like over forty percent have the lowest coverage or no, coverage if those people hit, you you didn't spend a few extra bucks to actually insure, yourself so you get the same thing as if you hit.
Speaker 19: Somebody Absolutely And i'll tell you two of the carriers THAT i see this most common with is one Estate farms AND i don't understand. It IT'S i don't know if it's just an. Attempt it's sneaky right, down it's, sneaky but it's crazy to do. It you want to at least match or uninsured motors to your bottle of the. Injury but the other ONE i see all the time Is, geico and that's because people do it themselves and they see that it lowers the, rate but they don't really understand what it's. Doing but, you're, ultimately like you, said covering yourself for less than you're covering other.
Speaker 8: People it's.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous we have had so many calls where people their lives are, changed at least for the short, term like a year or. Two they can't, work they can't do, anything and the only thing they get is twenty five thousand. Dollars there's, zero, Right, So, Mickey, mickey hearing all of, this what questions do you have For? Brian this guy lives and breathes insurance.
Speaker 10: Companies, okay my current insurance company Is. Travelers. Oh the Thing i'm concerned about most is the quality of the, insurance not necessarily the. Price IF i get the chiefs price AND i have a claim AND i have to jump to ten or twelve different hoops worth. It so you know what, companies if you have a, list are quality companies THAT i can rely on and then compare prices with those.
Speaker 2: Well, Brian, BRIAN i, Promise i'll let you talk a. Lot But, mickey just a couple of things for people. Listening, one it's not necessarily the cost of. Insurance you have to compare the insurance, itself AND i think you're kind of going, There but you might be under insured on your. House for, example like ninety five or ninety eight percent of the people In boulder were when we had Those boulder, fires ninety eight percent were under. Insured they couldn't even rebuild their house with the insurance money because it wouldn't even cover, it and they were still paying a mortgage on a burned down. House so having the proper coverage is number. One and Then brian can search TWENTY i don't know how, Many, brian and make sure not only do you have the proper, Coverage, mickey and you really need to talk to somebody if it's Not, brian and you don't know what that proper coverage. Is that's the most important. Part then after that you start looking at. Price But, brian go, Ahead.
Speaker 19: Yeah, NO i agree with. YOU i think the biggest, deal LIKE i just, mentioned is to make sure you have the right coverages on your, policy that you're working with someone that they can actually explain it to. You with that, said there are carriers that are easier to work with when there's a claim a huge there's NO i, mean you could talk to An excel roofing and they would tell you. THAT i would say to, Me travelers is. Fantastic by the. Way they always get good reviews as far as FROM Jd powers and all that kind of. Stuff But i'll tell you my Favorite carr CARRIER i never have issues with when there's a claim as a company Called. Acuity they are not always the, cheapest but, man when they, pay they're one of the only CARRIERS i know that if there's a roof, claim they just pay the entire.
Speaker 2: Amount they don't have no corners.
Speaker 19: Cut, yeah they just pay.
Speaker 8: It and then they just tell you go do.
Speaker 19: It if you end up having a bigger bill than, that send it to. Them they'll pay. It they just they pay so quickly and without. Problem another carrier is, Pure but again that's kind of a high value. Carrier they do the same kind of, thing but you have to, have you, know a bigger dwelling. Amount BUT i would tell You travelers truly is in that top echelon of carriers as far as just companies to deal with when there's a.
Speaker 8: Claim, okay that's WHAT I i was curious.
Speaker 10: About so you have answered the, question.
Speaker 2: And you, Should, mickey, Honestly And i'm going to put you on holding Lock brian, in But, mickey you really. Should if you haven't shopped in a, while just there's nothing to, lose you call Up compass and they'll tell you if you have the proper coverage and in your, case that's probably The Newmroe luno right. There and then depending on if you Have travelers for car. Insurance if you didn't, Bundle, brian it seems like bundling with all these. COMPANIES i, mean that's how you actually save money if you if you don't, BUNDLE i mean these guys you're twenty thirty percent high or all of.
Speaker 8: Them, yeah you.
Speaker 19: Almost always are rewarded to bundle the package. Together there's there's cer certain times where it doesn't make, sense but, yes you're, right it almost always.
Speaker 2: Does and then the other THING i want to give out for listeners is listen to this renders. Insurance my, GOD i forced our kids to have renders. INSURANCE i, said you're going to buy it and show me the. POLICY i don't care what the landlord. Says renners insurance is, massive not only for the liability but for your own. Contents and my, God, BRIAN i Think adeline's renders policy was seventy dollars a. Year you got her seventy dollars a, year and it covers up to you, know way more than what her crap's, worth you, Know, yeah and it.
Speaker 19: Gives you the, liability which is what you really.
Speaker 2: Want, well, yeah you accidentally set your neighbor's wall on fire or something that, boom you're not paying for. It the liability insurance is, there right? Yep hold, On, brian do me a. Favor hold, ON i got someone asking another question on. Insurance BUT i am so far back on this break dragging literally AND i mean, literally just threw a grenade at.
Speaker 11: Me go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison Call Compass. Insurance paint too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find Out now THREE o, three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real estate man Dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty Two.
Speaker 7: Genesis Total Exterior.
Speaker 2: MAN i Love Mark. Schamansky he's the. Owner and by the, way that's A. Genesis like as in the, beginning this guy has done so much work at our. House it's. Remarkable in, fact they just finished. Up, suzanne what do you think of the paint job?
Speaker 6: INSIDE i just love, It, Mark it's beautiful and the paint is.
Speaker 2: Wonderful and how about the experts say send? Out you spent like an hour with?
Speaker 6: Her, yeah two, hours and it was so.
Speaker 2: Nice this all this color and this room took.
Speaker 5: Everything in our house into consideration in helping me with the.
Speaker 2: Colors and then the final. Job it took them about a. Week we literally had the entire house the interior, painted and they did the exterior of our house three or four years. Ago looks, gorgeous and you were actually just to touch on. That IF i, recall you wanted to, paint AND i bet a lot of people do this after a halstorm the exact same color our house.
Speaker 5: Was well, yeah so not to get too long, winded but when we lived In Castle rock and built that, HOUSE i really wanted a yellow house and you did. Not so when we moved Into franktown that was already, built it was, yellowish AND i wanted just the same color BECAUSE i loved it so much.
Speaker 2: Till the Color lady came. Out that's. Right that sounds screwed, up does? It until the Color lady? Come, okay well people know WHAT i. Meant but, anyhow it's. Great they come, out.
Speaker 5: The sultant came, out AND i just. AP i love it more THAN i would have ever loved the.
Speaker 2: Yellow and here's the other, Thing mark in the gang do anything. EXTERIORS i mean they do. Dietings they're pricing on. Stucco it'll amaze you how cheap they. Are but right, now dex, gazebos anything like. That check Out, genesis tootal exteriors dot. Com you're gonna Love. Mark you're gonna love them. Effect the painters that did our, house listen to. This they've been With mark in the gang for twenty. Years Genesis Total. Exteriors NOW i. Digress i'm gonna go to this one. Call then we're gonna talk solar because people have to know how to get a free or possibly a free commercial. System but real, Quick, mike what is your question on car? Insurance, Hey, MARK i was shopping insurance AND i had also tell me that for uninsured motorist.
Speaker 13: Coverage you have to buy it per.
Speaker 16: Car In, colorado it doesn't.
Speaker 13: Stack but Then State farm told me that you can just have it on one car and apply to all vehicles on your. Account so one of them's. Lying i'm trying to figure out which, one.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah Hey, BRIAN i Mean i'm trying to. THINK i haven't looked at my deck page in a, while BUT i THINK i thought my deck. PAGE i Have safeco, right.
Speaker 11: You, do?
Speaker 2: Yep and isn't it on each? Vehicle, no it's a policy.
Speaker 19: Total and to answer your question on, that it used to be on a per car. Basis but what ended up happening is insurance heff and he's got sued because that they were not allowing it to be, stacked in other, words trying to get double the limit because you have it on more than one. Car so what they, DID i don't know any carriers that don't do it as a a one amount over the entire. Policy now that's just how every CARRIER i work with. Does it's just a policy. Total it does change prices as you add, vehicles but it doesn't go on to any one particular.
Speaker 2: Vehicle and then how about like With safeco real, Quick, brian's because we have five, vehicles doesn't that fifth vehicle have its own Or?
Speaker 19: No, no you can actually exclude, it you unasured motors on the way that they do it on the fifth because it's still a policy to, total and then you just reference the other. Policy so, really really.
Speaker 2: The reason the insurance companies do it this way is to save their own, asses so they're not paying out, double, triple. Quadruple, mike you got any other? Questions, no that's, perfect thank, You, hey thanks. Man you, know insurance is, Crazy, brian no matter how we look at, it it just constantly changes all the. Time it. Does and people out there And i'm going to say, this here's something we never hit on With, brian even workman's comp if you own a construction, company any kind of, liability, insurance. GARAGE i used to Have goodyear stores and we had garage, keepers whatever that's called in your. Industry these guys shop at. All they'll save you a lot of. Money all you got to do is go to Quote compass dot, com Quote compass dot com or their phone. Numbers so. Easy, Hey, BRIAN i appreciate you coming. On and, seriously if you want to use that car for a few days we're, OUT i think what the, fourth, fifth, Sixth, yeah you can use, It, Brian i'm not Kiddingse.
Speaker 19: MARK i don't.
Speaker 2: Know, WELL i think you know it's A you might like our house. Sitter our house sitters eighty four years. Old, now actually she's a great. Woman we Love county, Anyhow, BRIAN i do appreciate you coming on Quote compass dot. Com if you haven't checked in a, while you have to three oh three nine nine six nine. Thousand, Now, BROOKE i want to talk about grants when it comes to commercial. Systems we've talked about tax, credits but when it comes to, solar if the big beautiful bill does go through the residential tax credits will be. Gone, correct, yep that it's, Correct but there's still going to be commercial tax. Credits.
Speaker 3: Yep commercial tax credits are good until twenty thirty.
Speaker 2: Two guys to do a ton of commercial we do.
Speaker 3: Yep and then if you have a nonprofit, business you can get your tax credits as rebates up Until january first of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Seven, now you were telling me about a, Guy. Suzann somebody on YouTube said something about.
Speaker 13: Her what was it?
Speaker 5: SET i will have to find the, comment but just Said brooke was awesome to work, with couldn't wait to get to system lit up and you.
Speaker 2: Knew who it. Was who was?
Speaker 3: It oh, Yeah Charlie, Crouch he's.
Speaker 2: Awesome So charlie in his, example because we were talking about, it asking you who he. Was so he had a garage that's not, attached a detached, garage and you actually set that up so he could benefit from tax. Credits AND i don't know if he did grants or, not but as a commercial because it wasn't attached to his, house, right.
Speaker 3: Yep as long as it's not attached to the house, itself you guys can qualify for a variety of. Things So we've actually HAD reap grants work that same way when they were still around last. Year so you can't install solar panels for commercial purposes on a residential, house even if.
Speaker 2: You have like an office in the house or. Something you just can't do.
Speaker 3: It you just can't do. It but if you do it on a detached, building then it's under different rules and regulations and.
Speaker 2: Then you can get to tax. Credits. Yep that's. Interesting but he still sells power back to the. Grid everything out.
Speaker 3: Is the, same it's netmeter the same way as a residential kind of a.
Speaker 2: LOOPHOLE i, mean, really you guys found a. Loophole, yeah all, right hold, on there's another big loophole when it comes to some Projects i'm going to talk about after, this and some of that grant money still out, there right, Yep and people can still get if everything works out and you can talk to them about it and the projects right in the right. Area, literally they can get up to one hundred and twenty percent of the system paid. For can you, imagine not only do you get a free commercial solar system that's generating. Power maybe you own a fourplex and these are your tenants and now you're the elect now you're the electric. Company but you get the system not only for no, money not only for no, money but more than, that it's.
Speaker 11: Crazy go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 7: Com you don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 11: Content time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two all, right three oh three seven one three eight two five. Five, HEY i was talking To brook on solar AND i want you to hang on. There who's on the, Line, John please hang. On he's got an issue with a. Contractor we're gonna help you, out, period, right no matter what we gotta, do we're gonna help you. Out But, BROOK i want you to explain with the grants and how they, work how someone can get a commercial solar system for. Free and Then i'm going to put you on the. SPOT i want a real world example of a caller that's taken advantage of, it that's got the entire system paid for with tax credits and. Grants so go, ahead, Yes.
Speaker 3: So in order to the federal grants are gone right. Now, Okay so the state grant is still, there which is a micro gride grant or it's based on how well you have like community input into what that solar system is going to. Benefit that's what you have to do to.
Speaker 2: Qualify so give an idea of what that would be one of the ones you've.
Speaker 8: Done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so LIKE i, said one of the folks that we're talking to is A vfw and so that's A Veterans Foreign wars area for them to hang out. In so that's obviously got some community benefit to.
Speaker 2: It so, OKAY i see the community benefit is exactly that a community. Benefit if it was a big apartment, complex could the community be the tenants or?
Speaker 3: No, yeah exactly one hundred percent. Yep so if the landlord Said i'm going to.
Speaker 2: Give benefits, somebody somebody other than just, you exactly okay.
Speaker 3: Yep and so with that, grant it's a matching, grant which is really. Cool so what that means, is as deposits are, required the state actually pays money into those deposits at the same, time like what instead of having to do a re, imbursement which was what THE reap grant, Was.
Speaker 2: Oh where you would spend your own money then you'd get the money back. Exactly so on this, one so it's a fifty to fifty. Deal in other, words IF i put in a, thousand they're putting in one, thousand twenty twenty thousand.
Speaker 3: Exactly that's.
Speaker 2: Cool, yeah Very really that helps your cash flow.
Speaker 4: Too, oh it's a.
Speaker 3: Huge benefit the way that they're doing it and the way that they're administering.
Speaker 10: It.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 2: Absolutely take THE vfw for an, example how much do you think that system would be done?
Speaker 3: Gross uh for that specific, system it's right around one hundred, thousand which is kind of nice for the example you're asking.
Speaker 2: About, yeah so one hundred. Thousand what do you think they're going to end up out of pocket when it's all said and done with tax credits and the state. Grant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Absolutely so THE vfw gets some additional benefits because it is helping that specific. Demographic so they have seventy thousand dollars of that project is covered by tax benefits out.
Speaker 2: Of one hundred thousand and seventy are covered.
Speaker 3: Yep and then that project's, small so they're not getting half covered by the, grant only twenty five percent covered by the. Grant so of one hundred thousand dollars, project they're going to pay five grand of.
Speaker 2: It and if someone did have a large apartment complex like we're looking at over here or something out, there and let's say one hundred, units and they wanted to build a system that would generate power for their one hundred, tenants that's a big system. Yep so that kind of system Just i'm totally making numbers. Up but let's say it's a million how much could they possibly get covered tax credits grants on a million dollar system like that in the right. Area, yeah so.
Speaker 3: If they're benefiting low, income then they can actually make twenty five percent of the. Project so again if the project.
Speaker 2: Wait a, Minute so if they're Taking section eight or Whatever section eight is, now or wherever they, live what it, is any kind of any kind of, Assistance if they're taking people like, that they could get not only the entire system them paid, for but put twenty five percent of the value in their. Pocket.
Speaker 3: Yep, absolutely that seems so crazy to.
Speaker 20: Me.
Speaker 2: Yep if it's not a would the same go for a little four plex if the landlord's taken.
Speaker 3: Assistance, no because the four plex doesn't qualify for as much of the. Grant so the system has to be a certain size to get fifty, percent got. It if it's too, small then it's just twenty five, percent which is still. GREAT i mean twenty five percent of a. Project that's somebody else's.
Speaker 2: Money if you think of a, fourplex because now going, forward you're selling energy to your tenants instead of them Paying excel or whomever it. Is so you might only get seventy percent of it paid, for which is funny to say that only seventy. Percent but you can charge electricity going forward on that four, Plex, yeah. Exactly and then when you sell the, building the equity built in it because you've got a solar system and you're an electric company to whoever buys it for the. Tenants.
Speaker 3: Yeah so the lowest amount if they qualify for the grant that they'll pay again on a hundred thousand dollars project would be sixteen grand of one hundred.
Speaker 4: Thousand that's.
Speaker 2: Incredible that's, it and then they're the power, company and that's your worst case.
Speaker 3: Scenario it only goes up from.
Speaker 2: There what's the one up in the cripple creek you're dealing. With they had a bunch of land cripple creeks unique because it's up in the mountains and they don't have enough power off the. Grid so those, PEOPLE i realize they're leasing it. Out and there's other, stuff but let's just talk about solar. System will most of that system be paid for one hundred? Percent if they receive.
Speaker 3: The, grant which that great application has already gone, through then they're going to make two point two million dollars off of doing the.
Speaker 2: Project that's. Incredible and then awesome that's the landowners.
Speaker 3: That's just making it from building, it not talking about their income from the.
Speaker 2: Production it's absolutely. Incredible, listen she's going to answer all the. Questions brooke has been on this show so many. Times we have so many listeners when it comes to commercial systems and residential people out. There, listen if that company you dealt with ten years ago is gone and your solar system isn't, working they can fix. It in, fact if the panels or a part of it is still under, warranty they'll get the manufacturer to warranty the part and you'll just pay some of the. Labor, then on top of, that if you want to add a battery backup to an existing system or an off grid system that might have a generator tied to, it they do it all and you do it all in. House. Yep, absolutely so the people everybody works for. You.
Speaker 3: Yeah the only people that don't work in house is if it's a, generator the plumber to connect.
Speaker 8: It, yeah of.
Speaker 3: Course everything else, yep done in.
Speaker 2: House, yeah the electrical, part you know what's you know what's, oh the. Plumber so you're talking just the gas. Yep you guys even have your own. Electricians. Unbelievable that's. It it's Red rocks are as as in roofinsolar dot. Com you got to check them out redrocksars dot. Com any questions you, have any, repairs residential, systems tax, credit commercial, systems you get the. Idea it's worth the phone. Call if you have the problem, Property if you have the property to build a solar array out, There i'm telling you you might not only get it for, free but you might get paid to own.
Speaker 10: It