Speaker 1: So the Olympics have come and gone from our various screen devices, but a strange story about a I Gotta be white winged headless statue that could be connected to say remain Phill has a story, Phil.
Speaker 2: Yes, what does the ring victory of Summer Trace represent? Internet debunks headless angel at the Olympics claim the Satanic panic is back. People are getting their knickers in a twist over the opening Last Supper of the Olympics and the closing ceremony on August eleventh, twenty twenty four, depicting the wing victory of Summer Trace, which is Nike Goddess of Victory and the Golden Voyager. What really happened and is happening? Is there truly cause for concern or is this blown out of proportion? This story is from Sports Either by Krishima Raoul on August twelve, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to come to our resident panel expert, Rob what.
Speaker 3: Were your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Gets a gold medal in this in this category? Yes, I'm sorry, you've been disqualified. Sorry you able to disqualified? You you too came up against Rush, You've not been disqualified.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 6: I want to like Wizard of OZ. You can take a peek behind the veil for the viewers and understand that before we do any of this, we have to write some show notes and just like do little blurbs that we're going to do. And my literal first note is loll like, I just really need to point out how much of a joy this article was for me to read, because it's utter nonsense. It makes no sense at any point, and it was baffling. They had the headless statue of actually, I use Wikipedia to go Nica is the goddess, right, so they had the headless statue. It's also missing an arm, a couple of arms in a wing of Nica from the second century or even earlier. And they raised it through the closing ceremony of the Olympics. That's what they did. And apparently this is satanic and I just am I mostly astounded at just the ability to be personally persecuted about literally anything that exists in the world, because it's it's it's honestly just impressive. I have nothing more.
Speaker 5: A thing occurred.
Speaker 6: They didn't like it. That's satanic. That's that's literally what the article says.
Speaker 5: It's not news news.
Speaker 4: This snowflakes, horrifically awful human being and on in London who wants came out on Twitter and the big news that they had was that they had transitioned to being quote a Korean housewife and then transition for that. So anything only London says, it's just you know, not worth a grain of salt. This is this screams a small sect of Christian wanting to be persecuted because they've got fomo. It's fomo persecution. They've got this fear of missing out of being persecuted. So their big news of the day that they're going to start screaming.
Speaker 5: About is the Olympics persecutors in the class ceremony.
Speaker 6: I try, I try, I really do try to have a charitable reading of whatever they're trying to say, because not everyone speaks honestly, uh, and that's hard for me to understand sometimes, so I try, so I try to like look at it and go, Okay, this is the only way what they're saying makes sense to me. If you believe that Christianity is rated choose your flavor, then what that means is that anything that's not Christian is by definition satanic. Therefore, they must be right, Nika was not Christian, therefore satanic. Like, that's the best I can do.
Speaker 5: As I say, we need to actually have news organizations cover the news. This is not.
Speaker 6: News that said the Vaticans said that. The Vaticans specifically said that they were offended, which is.
Speaker 5: A big win in my books.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, okay, so let's let's let bring it back.
Speaker 4: News.
Speaker 1: Let's cover the news, right, right, let's let's lose bring you back. I mean, first off, like, if you got pure joy from reading this article, you're welcome.
Speaker 3: I I just kind of looked at it and I.
Speaker 1: Was just like, well, actually we should thank Atheists Experience hosts Johnny p Angel for recommending this article. So thank you, Johnny. We really do appreciate you bringing us the news news. Right, So, I feel like you brought up the whole Satanic panic thing, and it seems like that I don't I'm not. I've been on this earth for a minute now, and I have watched the Olympics a lot of different Olympics over the years, and and I guess that this particular Olympics seems like that we've been we've been having Christian freak out issues since the opening ceremony, you know, with with the with the Christians freaking out because they thought that the Supper of the diet of the Dionysus was a he was was making fun of the last Supper, you know, Holy Jesus, he's blue. And and then this is this lets me know that no one was paying attention to Greek mythology in school. And that to me, with Phoebe was the news.
Speaker 5: This is what you should be teaching. This is part of the news, the.
Speaker 1: News exactly, and and and then and then of course we covered earlier this uh this week, you know, the Algerian boxer and and and you know of her being misgendered, and and and and and making that the news, and and Richard Dawkins line, and and then you know, and then now we have the closing ceremony, and and also you know, I personally my highlight for the Olympics was the Australian break dancer who made up her own moves.
Speaker 3: I was like, wow. And as what commedity.
Speaker 5: Pointed out PhD at Bright dawnsing.
Speaker 3: Right, well, well, we'll here's the thing.
Speaker 1: As a one comedian actually like pointed out that in the Olympics country send their best in that work. So Australia sent their best breakdancer. Guys, listen, should we critically evaluate claims of hidden or satanic meetings in public events? I know that, Rob, you said, I got nothing? Uh you know, philm Phil you said, you know right, you know, Phoebe said she's watching the Twilight Zone. You know, but but but but no, seriously, guys, but like, is there a way to actually critically evaluate claims of his hiddeness or or satanic meetings and meetings in public events? Or should that because completely dis mooved?
Speaker 5: Shouldn't be you're chasing.
Speaker 3: The I'm trying to do the news.
Speaker 2: News. I'm trying to do the news. You know.
Speaker 3: But Phoebe, go ahead, you know that be a thing or.
Speaker 2: Now it's baffling how how people and I have seen this through the years, where certain myths, because of the motif of the ancient Near East or the areas around in Palestine had all of these different types of myths and the boring or the the motifs that are used. Then in Christianity, Christians tend to want to own these things right and forgetting archaeology, the archaeology. Once this this statue, this statue was actually found by an archaeologist on the island of what was it called the island of Right and the the the statue was found in part headless. They have not found the head as yet, right, and.
Speaker 1: Be conspiracy theory about that?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: What happened to the whole heal winged Satanic.
Speaker 5: Missing Columbia when you need man one more thing ahead, the.
Speaker 2: Phone behind was phoned in another location. And then the fingers, some of the fingers were already in the museum and they only realized afterwards, Oh, these fingers belong to that statue.
Speaker 3: Right, So did they find the middle finger?
Speaker 2: I don't think the middle finger?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, since we're talking about in the international like you know, or did they find the fingers that you know, like the Brits the Brits would want to use.
Speaker 3: We was that was that found at all?
Speaker 2: That the fingers were already present in the in the museum in front fear. But the problem is is when we have people who do not, as you said alluded earlier, do not look at Greek mythology, I have not learned about other religions, right, and then impose what seems to be a similarity of something between their religion, between that ancient religion and there's then they demonize it and so it's from the devil. The thing is is that archaeology plays an important role, right, and in archaeology you also learn about the myths of other religions. The the thing is is that this this statue just represented it was It wasn't an angel. They thought, you know, they have this concept of angels having been so they thought this, oh wow, this angel is probably something, probably a demon. And they also claimed that the voyager, the Golden Voyager, right, was Lucifer Satan. Yeah, then it had nothing to do with satin. That was a representing a time capsule that was launched in nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 5: They got their thoughts totally wrong.
Speaker 2: This is when people do not do their research and just come up with assumptions, assumptions.
Speaker 1: They make an ass out of you and me, as as Daddy used to say. But no, they do do their research, phil they do. Unfortunately, they do their research sitting on the John reading Twitter, because we know.
Speaker 3: That's where the bastion of all.
Speaker 2: Great informations YouTube videos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly that that's where all the greatest, you know, information comes from. But you know, but if I were to ask everybody about this particular story and how basically as as feel actually put and so eloquently by got their nickers in a bunch because they thought sam a trace, was this the satanic symbol?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What what could be done actually to bring down these and these? And it seems like to be more prevalent now or maybe I'm just noticing it more misinformation, especially when it just comes to you know, I just take it as France just being French. I mean they do artsy fartsy things.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 1: I mean, like they got the louver they you know, like I even watched like the opening ceremony with the guy who was on the wires and was flipping all over the place. I said, oh, that's interesting, And I just took it as, Oh, that's that's just the French being French. And then everybody drinks some wine and then go home and then go to sleep. I guess I don't know any like a bag get with butter, But you know, it is there a way for us to actually say, like hey, before you get all like nicker bunchie. Maybe you just need to slow your role or is that something that we should even care about.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, The problem is ultimately ceremony and education, just straight up because humans care a lot about ceremony, even mentioned the last time I was on here. Humans care a lot about ceremony and rituals, even atheists. So we're going to have our opening ceremonies, we're going to have our closing ceremonies, and we're going to do things like include symbology that people resonate with. And when you have a sincerely held religious belief and then you watch someone else's ceremony occur and it looks alien to you, I mean, and I mean it alien, then it's they're just going to go for whatever is like the most wrong thing, which this case is satanic. And I say education because like a couple of weeks ago, I was watching a video of just random video games that are coming out on Steam and one of them is from an Italian developer. I don't remember the game, I don't remember the company. I'm sorry, but any single time, anytime I see any religious depiction coming from an Italian, it's a it's weird, man, Like they have some wacky iconography, and it is bizarre, and it is actually unsettling, yeahing unsettling. It's just it's really it's also fascinating. But the only way that I know that is because I have even just a little bit of education to look at and go, oh, look, this is the thing that I remember and I can associate with this other thing. So like, should should we sap the misinfairmation?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: How do I do that?
Speaker 5: Teach them?
Speaker 6: Will they be taught? Probably not?
Speaker 5: Ryan Waters is running around Oklahoma. You haven't got chants down there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, shout outs to people who still live in Oklahoma.
Speaker 5: My question to you is why it'll become Woklahoma?
Speaker 3: Woklahoma?
Speaker 1: Well, you know if they get rid of Ryan. Well, according to Ryan, it is.
Speaker 5: Woklahoma and that's why he What can you do about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What can you do about Woklahoma? But that by the bye, But yeah, I don't know. I guess like my issue here is specifically is that you know, the ones who are having like all these like crazy uh theories about what they're seeing is because they don't know damn shit, right, Because they don't know they don't know damn shit about damn shit right, and and I and you know, like I I would say that, yeah, I mean, like we talked about Greek mythology when I was in school, and I found it quite fascinating. And I even watched a lot of Hercules and Zena growing up, and damn, Kevin, why just why I'm coming back. But regardless of that, you know, I found it, just like you know, sincerely interesting and I wanted to know more about it, so, you know, so when I saw like some of this particular imagery come out, like, I didn't freak out. But then again, I'm not going to I'm not the I'm not.
Speaker 4: And you've decided that you're going to be sensible and accepting of other people and understanding that other things exist outside of your own little baba echo chamber.
Speaker 5: And your big gun nickers are nice and clean and they think comfortably much.
Speaker 6: Her knickers are untwistable.
Speaker 1: There you go, I have purposely purchased untwistable knickers.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe the ones who are having the issues with any of this stuff, the problem is that your knickers are too tight. Can we come up with a campaign to untighten people's knickers?
Speaker 5: Is this the news.
Speaker 4: For goodness sakes, just come on the news. You actually this this is not a news article. Yes we're discussing it, and yes we're being lighthearted about it.
Speaker 5: But to drill down into this sports key to have run.
Speaker 4: An article which is basically satire, Yeah, it's just satire.
Speaker 5: It's not news. All the people on social media, right wing lunatic platform run by the South African apartheid man, they're not actually represented of the news here.
Speaker 6: See, this is the problem that I actually disagree because the Vatican made a statement that's news.
Speaker 5: What is news.
Speaker 3: News is whatever we make it. News is what we.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing that if we covered everything that the Vatican said and complained about, there would there's not enough ink or paper in existence to cover it all. It's like North Korea complaining about what South Korea and America are doing.
Speaker 5: It's just it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Every time a country opens its mouth does not warrant the whole world falling all over itself.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say this about the Vatican. A lot of our Western government systems exist because of the Vatican, and and even how we even do ceremony, especially when it comes to Christianity. Is because of Catholicism, so in that particular sense, because they are such an old institution and they basically shaped the Western world in some shape way, some shape way or form insert doctrine and discovery here, there is going to be people that's going to pay attention or like listen to, Oh the Vatican said something about a thing now now, now, we can't when a second fifty now, now I do agree, Like, you know, do we have to make it news?
Speaker 2: No, we don't.
Speaker 1: However, just the historical implication of the Vatican being the Vatican is going to automatically give it credits for news.
Speaker 5: So I hear what you're singing, rob.
Speaker 1: But you know, but but I guess, like my whole thought is like, what is the line where those who happen to actually have nickers that fit comfortably are going to say to all the ones who have tight twisted nickers to chill out.
Speaker 6: My question is to what degree does one's nicker must be twisted such that it is sufficiently newsworthy?
Speaker 5: The rest of the panels fit very well. Thanks, you know what you know.
Speaker 1: And for the last and for the last, the word Phil please answer the question, how are your nickers feeling right now.
Speaker 2: My knickers are feeling quite fine. You don't have them in a twist, so of course, yeah, I'm very comfortable, very comfortable, very good.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I would tell everybody who's viewing this right now, if you don't learn anything from this segment, learn to properly shop for untwistable, comfortable.
Speaker 4: Undergarments or what you should be undertaking
Speaker 1: Undertaking at every given moment, because if you get your knickers in a bunch, you're gonna start talking like this,