Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Come on, good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, wakey wait Kate rod Ryan showed checking in wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Already Wednesday? Nice? All right, huge morning?
Speaker 3: Talk about Norm going for win number five Wednesaday goes back into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: I think he's a one time Hall of famer. He's beaten some big time people to get here today. He's no joke. Who is lurking waiting to play him? This morning? We'll play the game at six twenty.
Speaker 3: Mud Vane Static X tickets are coming to you in homeroom. We'll have those for you on the fun Fat flashback. All right, where's the Metallica tickets? Chilli put them? At seven twenty, We're going to play Don't Be a Pig. Mo's relieved, shouldn't have to play. She's like, Okay, what is this game? What do I have to do? Just the listeners play and you're well, we'll do an example round, but we'll play Don't Be a Pig at seven twenty for Metallica Pantera tickets sold out show June fourteenth, Father's Day Weekend, falling in reverse tickets at eight twenty Summer of Loud Tour tickets at nine ten, Bring me the Horizon tickets on Nova Show. It's all huge concert tickets today on the Show. Eighty percent chance of rain, cloudy thunderstorms again today.
Speaker 1: Highs of around eighty four. Good morning, mo. What are Houston's headline? What's more weather?
Speaker 4: Huh oh, yes, grab your umbrella this morning. We're in for a couple of rounds of rain and storms for the rest of the week. Risk of street flooding and severe weather as well. They're calling them deteriorating weather conditions. This morning it seemed okay when we woke up, but storms should arrive mid morning, like between eight and ten am, and then we'll continue on throughout the afternoon and again in the evening. Some storms as strong as as severe with possible hail and wind. So just be aware. With all the rainy clouds, temperatures should be limited to the mid eighties by this afternoon. Today's the day, Rod. I know you're a Southwest Airlines guy.
Speaker 1: I am. I'm a frequent guy.
Speaker 4: The new policies finally kick in today, bringing the Southwest Airlines closer to industry standards as they're calling them, which basically means they're charging you for checked bags. Oh yeah, thirty five dollars for the first check bag, forty five for the second, based on your status level with the airlines. You know it else kicks in today, Assigned seating, whoa, yes, Oh, they're just ripping the vandaid off reading all of the articles because they're just it's a lot. There's like four big things that are going in today. If you fly Southwest, you're also going to notice new fair classes. So they used to have those want to get away benefits that were like super cheap prices. They're getting rid of those, and they're introducing the new basic fair class. And they're also going to start implementing expiration dates if you have like flight credits from like years ago. You gotta get on.
Speaker 1: Top of this, Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna need you to put that all together, send it to Chili. I need a blog page for this. Ok I don't understand what's going on.
Speaker 5: I'm really sorry.
Speaker 3: The open seating is done as well today. I feel like no one else is talking about that. It's just that it's just the price increase on the bags.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Okay, today's National Burger Day. Is that good news?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: I just had burgers, I know for the weekend. Right, Well, let me ruin it for you, because now that you're hungry. Door Dash tallied the most ordered burgers in all fifty states over the past year in seventeen states on our United States map, list the chicken burger as number one.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I need something cleared up again.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 3: Is a chicken burger a chicken sandwich? I think so, well, that's not a chicken sandwich. That's not a burger.
Speaker 5: Then I agree.
Speaker 4: Texas, like the big old fine state of Texas, is on this door Dash map and it says the most popular hamburger is the chicken burger.
Speaker 1: Oh that's gonna make Alex mad. He doesn't like that. They're just getting to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Well, the several burger spots have deals today to celebrate the real National Burger Day, and so if you're a rewards or app member, you're gonna get the best deals. All right, let's talk about the Chrystlies. Y'all know the TV show chrisly Knows Best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Viana Rice and you do know, of course you.
Speaker 5: Would know Savannah first, Why do you know that.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, President Trump decided to pardon reality TV stars Todd and Julie Christie Christly, who are serving prison sentences for bank fraud and tax evasion. They were convicted in twenty twenty two for scamming banks out of over thirty million dollars in loans and hiding money from the irs. Todd was in prison for twelve years, Julie got seven, and Trump called their daughter yesterday to tell them that they were free and clean and possibly by today could be released from jail.
Speaker 1: He loved TV stars, He loves reality TV stars, so yeah, protect your own.
Speaker 4: They claim they were targeted because of their fame and conservative views.
Speaker 1: But did they fraud They did, well, then, okay, they didn't know it was an Olympic. You don't have to pay taxes, then okay, that doesn't hold. That's wrong. By the way, they're getting parted for it.
Speaker 4: So Jim Root says he already has six songs for the new Slipknod album. Yes, the guitarist Jim Root is sharing he was on a podcast that he's working on new music for the band's next album. He has six finish songs, four more he's developing but he hasn't shown his bandmates those yet. He wants the album to feel raw like their first two rounds, and hopes to take some time for proper writing and pre production.
Speaker 5: I love these podcasts.
Speaker 4: These artists go on there and just like share exactly what's going on in updates in their lives, and it's like nothing's a surprise anymore. Let's go tell us everything we want to know minute by minute. New music from slipping on. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it, Alex, Yeah, Crew's gotta win. Last night they blew out the A's eleven to one.
Speaker 7: Jose Altuve homeward twice in the game, so that's the second time he's done that in the last two weeks. They are going to play the A's again this afternoon. Lands some colors will be on the mount for the show. Is going up against the Athletics. Luis Severino first pitches.
Speaker 1: At one ten.
Speaker 7: You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In the NBA Playoffs, the Pacers beat the Knicks one to thirty to one twenty one to take a three to one lead in the Eastern Conference Finals, and the Stanley Cup playoffs. Oh Dallas, the Oilers push the Stars to the brink of elimination, beating them four to one in Game four of the Western Conference Finals. And in soccer, Houston Dynamo FC. You're gonna be on the road tonight. They'll play in New York City FC at Yankee Stadium. Kickoff is gonna be at six thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Here we go. Four hours of pain starts right now. First phone call, Chilly, clear up these lines. Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Do up the first phone call, come get it seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: The most interactive show on the radio starts right.
Speaker 3: Now, ninety four five The Buzz three Doors Down, Kryptonite, Rot Ryan Show. Hope you're up to a great start to your day. Yeah, a little wet and nasty outside, eighty percent chance of thunderstorms, cloudy, Today's gonna keep it a little cooler. Highs of around eighty four, but a busy morning. It's going to fly by.
Speaker 1: Stick with us. I'm asking for four hours of your day. The rest of the twenty is up to you.
Speaker 3: Norm is going for win number five, fresh out of mad head to head mode as he poke it through.
Speaker 5: Today, I'm feeling good about norm.
Speaker 1: He's beaten some Hall of famers on his trajectory here in his four wins have not been easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's kind of like a sniper quiet but both Yep, he's.
Speaker 3: Beaten some big time players. He's got one more to get over the hump. Chili puts some Vulbeat tickets in there. Vulbeat Hailstorm. What a great show. Where's the Metallica tickets? Seven twenty. We're gonna play Don't Be a Pig. That's Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies. It's a sold out show on Father's Day weekend. That's gonna be Saturday, June fourteenth. Anything I can put a little shine on Father's Day, it.
Speaker 1: Will do that.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: But it's the day after, and here's what I'm working. It's the day after Ditch Day. We need to talk a little bit more about Ditch Day. I say, Okay, we need to get it. We need to get a little closer. I'd like to I'd like to come up with the name of the shop this week. I'd like to do that, so that gives Gunner and everybody a chance to come up with the ingredients.
Speaker 1: Okay, we just need to come up with the name. So I want to work on that.
Speaker 3: So the Metallica tickets are coming to way at seven twenty all big concert tickets today on.
Speaker 6: The show, it's no time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 3: Chantelle got through Chantell first phone call, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 1: Or is it Sean Teal? And I'm saying it wrong, aren't I? It's chant dude. I got it in tale of course I'm going to go that route. She intal, What do you got for us? You're on the air. You got the first phone call today, So I wanted to call in and say thank y'all for the buzz thisst ticket. It was amazing.
Speaker 6: How to blast me and my daughter?
Speaker 3: You guys are the only two that you guys are the only two that had a good time out there. Everyone, everyone I talked to, was measurable.
Speaker 4: It was hot.
Speaker 8: We both got burnt up, but it was totally worth it.
Speaker 1: It was so fun. It was so much fun.
Speaker 3: I kind of relived it all over again after the show yesterday. I like to kind of just create a folder. Here's Buzzfest twenty twenty five, and I went around and poached everybody's pictures and I was just kind of reliving it myself.
Speaker 1: Yesterday. I had a great time. It was awesome. What was a highlight for you?
Speaker 3: It was between two interesting okay, two totally different sets.
Speaker 1: You you hung in there until the very end.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we were there till the very end.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What was it like getting out of there? Did you drive home? Yes, we drove home. It was kind of a mess getting out of there.
Speaker 3: But okay, just next time, get a room. Just get a room. It's nice to the marryont That's why I asked him, like, what was it like?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I don't even get myself in that mess. Yeah, you know, I don't even get myself in that mess.
Speaker 5: And the shower felt so good.
Speaker 1: Chantelle, your daughter how old? Twenty six? Okay, so she's expert at com y'all are fun? All right? Well?
Speaker 3: Mother daughter rocking out at Buzzfest. Thanks for coming to our party.
Speaker 1: If you have any pictures to share, you can email me directly ride at the buzz dot com. Okay, okay, definitely, okay, thank you. Have an awesome day. Quick break, let me come back on a red check for you. We'll find out what's trending.
Speaker 3: And then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of Bed norm Get your ass out.
Speaker 1: Of bed Houston for Houston's.
Speaker 9: Alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: All Ride, Welcome back, everybody, getting set up for the Fresh out of Bed. Hit your head looking outside.
Speaker 3: Eighty percent chance of thunderstorms, cloudy today.
Speaker 1: I have about eighty four Alex, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 7: SpaceX is trending and all the space X starship blew up or rapidly disassembled as they call it, so people were talking about that this morning. Rick Darringer is trending. The guitar has passed away at the age of seventy seven. I remember had most for the whole Cogan's theme song. Did you know he was responsible for that or you found out afterwards?
Speaker 1: I knew that he played this theme song for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know he was responded like rock and roll, Uchiku is this biggest song.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we'll be talking about that coming up in Houston headlines.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's on the music Yeah, it's on the music blog page. I didn't know that he worked with all the people that he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did a little bit of everything. Yeah, he was a big time producer. Then Todd Chris Lely trending. We talked about that earlier in the headlines.
Speaker 7: But President Trump is going to part in Todd Christly as well as his wife Julie. They've been serving time for tax evasion in bank front since twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: If people are talking about that and that's was trending or not even five the bus no four day Champion, Let's try that again.
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody. This is Norm your fresh ed bed head to head four day champion.
Speaker 1: So what's the story of Shane the pain? You asked?
Speaker 8: Well, boy calls in the game toys Norman, Boy, crap's a bid. But you know what, that's just the way of life.
Speaker 1: So join me on Wednesdays. I go for win number five and.
Speaker 11: Into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: The speeches are getting better too.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we're gonna call Norm.
Speaker 3: He's got one more game in him, he says, you have to try to get through to Chile seven one, three, two.
Speaker 1: I want all killers. I don't want any fillers.
Speaker 3: I want someone to get on this show today that says they can beat Norm make him earn it.
Speaker 1: Ryan's shown ninety five The Buzz ninety four to five, The Buzz Offspring, pretty fly for a white guy.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan's show on a wild card Winnesday. Yeah, I'm looking it is nasty weather wise today. We should be good out there right now. I say, all hell is gonna break loose, but eleven twelve o'clocks when we're gonna get some thunderstorms and then it's just gonna be skanky the rest of the evening. So you got chances of rain, thunderstorms, cloudyasky you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's already Wednesday, though, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners. Good morning, Norm, good more than everybody. I hope you got some sleep last night. Idea real good. Okay. Hall of Fame, you're a one time Hall of Famer, right yep, Frady to punch you in again. Yeah? Did you like it? Did you like being in the Hall of Fame? Was it fun? Bos all the things that they say it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then just imagine going back in there and just waiting being in the tournament of champions and all that good stuff. Well, Meghan says that she's going to stop you today. Hi Meghan, Hello, Hello, uh fresh Fish.
Speaker 1: First fit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'ller.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you've never played this game before? No, but I play every morning in my park.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: And she wins in her car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard she was undefeated like she's never ever she's never ever lost a game, yes, playing against nobody.
Speaker 1: All right, Megan, listen, don't waste my time. Oh wow, I want you to come in here, and I want you to kick his ass all right now, going down? I like Norm, but I like your attitude too. He's going down. We got a pretty good prize in there today.
Speaker 6: Do we not.
Speaker 4: Yeah? V allbeat the greatest of all tours worldwide. A special vests hail Storm.
Speaker 1: I love Alstorm. That is nice, Meghan. They could be yours too.
Speaker 5: You seem nice.
Speaker 1: Just got to answer two questions. You got to shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Norm, I know you know how to do this. I guess this one is for Megan. I didn't want salmon. I said it four times.
Speaker 3: Okay, fresh Fish, shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Megan, Norm, these are most questions.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Question number one? What kind of animal is pucks? A tawny phil Sweet Megan, you just sit down, You just sit down.
Speaker 5: She wins in her car.
Speaker 1: Norm, Norm, you got through first. What's the answer. It's a groundhog. It's a groundhog. Yeah, all right, Now I'll address Meghan. What the hell did you say out loud? I didn't even hear your name, she said, Meg, remember my name, and I'm saying it out loud live radio. She forgot her name. This is the killer you sent me Chili. This is the killer you said me.
Speaker 4: It's not over yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go all right, you need it, Okay, shake it off this, shake it off. Here we go, Megan. This is the real game, even though that was the real game, but this is. You have to get this. Here we go. Shout out your name, Megan. What's your name? Megan? Shout out your name when you think you know the answer? Megan and Norm? Which body part is responsible for hearing? Megan? Norm yours hall of fame, Megan. About six more questions you would have got them? You got better. Second one was really.
Speaker 5: I love Meghan?
Speaker 1: All right, Megan, we got to say goodbye. Thank you, Megan. Have a great day. Norms. Congratulations, dude. You said you were going to poke it through.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 1: Second time in the Hall of Fame. You beat some great competitors.
Speaker 3: You showed us all a little something, and I still think you have the upset of the year.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, on his climb to fame.
Speaker 3: Here, okay, Norm bowlby Hailstorm tickets added to your other four days of prizes July twenty nine, seven pe to three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: Sounds great to me.
Speaker 12: Did you.
Speaker 1: Do you rip these speeches or do you have something prepared? What's the what's the secret there? Because I know you don't want my help on these speeches.
Speaker 8: So it's a little bit of coming from the mind and coming from the soul.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you know you have internal monologue.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I can't wait, dude. All right, great job, Norm. We have another Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: I believe Hall of Famer number six on the year. We'll start with some fresh fish tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Hang on, Norman rod Ryan Show, I pooped the buzz all right, here we go ninety four or five The Buzz Children, Peppers around the World, rod Ryan Show, Wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: That is our feature today.
Speaker 3: Of course, if you didn't make it through all of the Buzzfest pictures yesterday, there was a ton of them. There was a full on Buzzfest recap page that had the great Eli video that he made for us on there. There was Moe's six picks and Alexa six.
Speaker 1: Picks and Chili six picks in my six picks. There was a lot to go through. So if you didn't have time to get through everything yesterday, or maybe you just got a little busy. Plus, we had some pretty good videos up on our Instagram page at rod Ryan Show, you should be following us anyway. I'll back all right, eighty percent chance of thunderstorms today, hive around eighty four a fresh out of bed head to headshine. Here's your current champion, Alex Rod. Does MO know where this music is from? Yes?
Speaker 7: Or no?
Speaker 1: Does MO know where this song is from? No chance at all. I agree with you. You have no idea what I'm playing right now.
Speaker 5: I know the song, I just don't know where it comes from now.
Speaker 1: Karate Kid, Oh no, Kate Conmagine coming out tomorrow. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right, all right, Bring Moor, bring good no, no, no, no, bring norm most right there.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody s this is warm. You're fresh out of bed, head to head Hall of Famer number six. I'm the best around. Nothing's going to keep me down. In fact, I've thought through a gatland of Hall of famers early on and even met a fresh fish. They Meg and Shane bit last, even Shane that was felt the pain of a loss. But I would all the spirit of the greatest Norm of all time. George will rest in peace. See you all at the end of the year of tournament champions as I worked with Green all home in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Five bitches and one final time until the end of the year. No to MOOI said, man.
Speaker 3: He started the day we started talking about George went, the day we started reporting George went passed away.
Speaker 1: Norm Is when he got through, Yeah, it was it was just meant to be that he was going to be here five days later. Great job.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow we're looking for some fresh fish. Maybe you've been waiting thirty days, Maybe you haven't played yet this year. I know there's a bunch of you that are trying to get through. We'll start clean tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fuck that to the day. All right, there's the fun facts for you today.
Speaker 3: An old wives tale says that a pregnant woman with heartburn is more likely to have a hairy baby.
Speaker 1: Have you heard this before? Yes? Now, did did Elle come out with all that hair? Yeah? Yeah, Elle had a lot of hair when she came out. Did your kids come out harry bald kids? Yeah.
Speaker 3: A study in two thousand and six tried to disprove, disprove the whole heartburn hairy baby thing, and in their attempt to disprove it, they actually proved it to be true. Heartburn and harry babies are both linked to a woman's estrogen levels, so it is a real thing. The day that, now, this was a huge thing in pop culture, but it was a long time ago. The day that Michael Jackson caught fire. He was filming a pepsi commercial.
Speaker 1: Oh right, did you you remember that or hearing about it? Yes? Okay, So Michael Jackson his hair caught fire, the Pepsi generation, all of that, He's filming this pepsi commercial. It was literally the halfway point of his life. When that happened.
Speaker 3: It happened nine and eighty two days after he was born. He died nine two hundred and eighty one days after it happened.
Speaker 4: That's wild.
Speaker 3: Catching fire was the exact halfway point of a slow Finally, who's got a lava lamp?
Speaker 1: Or maybe who had a lava lamp? Or anyone you have one? Of course we had one growing up.
Speaker 3: No two lava lamps will ever be able to produce the exact same flow pattern, even if they are manufactured in the same way and are from the same batch.
Speaker 1: Every single one of them is unique. That's neat. I agree, Ale, it's very neat.
Speaker 4: It's the fuck.
Speaker 1: That's to the day. We make you look smart. Everybody's it's the fuck. Thats to the day. Okay, what you got for the flashback today?
Speaker 4: Well, mudd Vane is going to be a static X Yeah BUYO Music Center on October thirteenth. Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster dot com. Or you can have a pair if you know this fun fact flashback, it's your fun fact.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: I think this was the most astonishing one where I think I try to read your guys reaction when I want to tell you these What is significant about the University of Oklahoma dining hall? They are they are home to something. It's the only one in the world.
Speaker 1: Don't know why, but.
Speaker 3: It's interesting that they have this seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: If you know the flashback, it's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 3: Captain Cash on the phone. Good morning, how brother Rod? Good morning there he is, Hey dude, how do you do on Wall Street?
Speaker 1: Yesterday? A good day on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 12: The Dow was up seven hundred and forty points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand, three hundred and forty three. NASDA C up four sixty one to nineteen ninety nine. Benchmark ten year treasuries trading at a four point four to seven percent in oil is sixty one dollars forty two. The most active the big studs Nike, nvid Yet, and Amex, the big duds United Health and Boeing. The economic calendar this morning, Well it's all clear right now. Futures barely on the upside.
Speaker 1: Hang on to this.
Speaker 12: We're going to have a positive.
Speaker 1: Opening right here on Wall Street. That's it.
Speaker 12: I'man here. This is hallan NAS director with the Raemony James port for The Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James sound saying Philippe, Augusta and dolphget to always rock out with the stock out.
Speaker 9: Vimin's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, NYT AS, IBT I, art Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance TRANSMNS We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your ENDCA program is for educational and informational services omnepists and does are based on movement.
Speaker 1: As reported by Young in Finance ninety four, Fund the Bus, Welcome back, Everybody, It's your Rock Ryan Show Wild Card Wednesday Edition. Who goes there on the phone? Wait, hi, Wade, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 3: Calling about the fun fact flashback? University of Oklahoma Lucky. Their dining hall is home to the only one of these in the world.
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 1: Are you here to eat chains? Wait a minute, that hurt me?
Speaker 4: Oh you're so close?
Speaker 1: Incorrect Wade. Maybe Ricky knows Ricky, good morning. Are you there, Ricky? Yes, sir, how y'all doing doing great? Ricky?
Speaker 3: The University of Oklahoma Dining Hall is home to the only one of these in the world.
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 1: Say it again?
Speaker 3: Okay, one more time, Ricky. It's he's saying, it's it's our phones that Ricky, all you can eat Chick fil A. You're one hundred percent correct.
Speaker 1: What are you giving them?
Speaker 5: You get mud Vane tickets, Ricky, We love you.
Speaker 4: Congratulations by you Music Center, October thirteenth.
Speaker 1: I know you're excited, Ricky. We should do better. I'm sure it's our phones, Ricky, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all all you care to eat Chick fil A at the University of Oklahoma Dining Hall.
Speaker 12: Unbelievable, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, Getting ninety.
Speaker 6: Four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 11: The Ron Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Imagine Dragons. It's Wildcard Wednesday, and it's gonna kind of be nasty again outside today eighty up to an eighty percent chance of thunderstorms later on this afternoon. So cloudy all day and to keep it a little cooler out there, highs up around eighty four. Next hour, we're gonna play Don't Be a Pig for those Metallica tickets. Metallica is a sold out show, you know that June fourteenth Energy Stadium.
Speaker 1: We got tickets for you. Every day this week, we'll play Don't Be a Pig closer to a round seven twenty And I was like, what do I have to do?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know this game, really nothing except we'll do it.
Speaker 1: We'll do an example round.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Other than that, No, it's easy. The listeners have to play this one right now. You do have to tell us. So what's going on with Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Happy to help.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Grab that umbrella, keep it close. This morning, we are in for multiple rounds of rain and storm for the rest of the week. Street flooding, severe weather, deteriorating weather as the day goes on. Today, storms could be moving in this morning. It is already raining in some parts of town. It will continue on and off through the afternoon and into the evening. Some storms could be strong too severe, with possible hail and wind. Clouds and rain will limit the temperatures, looking at mid eighties.
Speaker 5: By this afternoon.
Speaker 4: All right, we saw SpaceX launch its ninth Starship test flight from Star based Texas yesterday. They are aiming to get closer to sending humans to Mars.
Speaker 5: But the rocket, the biggest ever.
Speaker 4: Built, took off at seven thirty seven and it reached space, but a fuel leak caused the upper stage to spin out of control and break apart over the ocean. Despite the failure, the company said the test gave it useful data to improve future flights. Hey, how are you feeling today? If someone asks you that, how are you feeling today, you'd probably say good, fine, whatever, Yeah, but how are you actually feeling today? Because the new study says that the average American only feels fully healthy, like actually.
Speaker 5: Good, nineteen days a month.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 4: I feel like after I turned thirty, that's when it was all downhill. I wake up and I'm like, oh, that kind of hurts to how many days only nineteen days out of a month, out.
Speaker 1: Of let's say thirty days, I feel good nineteen days? Yeah, at least that more than a half.
Speaker 5: Do you feel good? Sometimes, Alex, No, I feel good more than that.
Speaker 4: More than that, I feel good more than okay. Things that might bring you down headaches, fatigue, mood changes and digestive issue.
Speaker 1: You've been doing mornings for a long time.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm always tired.
Speaker 3: I lived my life, I always say people when they ask me about, you know, doing mornings, and you know, you know, the big question everybody asked, what time you get up in the morning. Yes, I do like to share with somebody, and I kind of feel like it puts it in perspective. I don't remember the last time I wasn't just a little tired. Correct, You're always just the low waist. You're always just a little tired, you know, Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 4: So maybe we've moved past that. So someone is like, how are you feeling, I'd be like, I think fine.
Speaker 3: But you can't, I know, you can't give into that and just walk around all the measurable and in a fall, Alex, you gotta come.
Speaker 5: Perk up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Sing.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Tom Cruise, because apparently he's having serious talks about reviving the character that he played in Tropic Center Less Grossman.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's uh, it's one of his all time greats. No, it's only great.
Speaker 5: Because it's so like wild.
Speaker 1: It's such a small part of that movie.
Speaker 3: But if you if you get into how the character came about, ben Stiller asked Tom Cruise to be in the movie, and Tom Cruise, like all things, took over and said, Okay, here's my idea.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't just like, hey, here's what I want to do.
Speaker 3: It was more like, I'll be in your movie if I can do this, and he kind of created that character and did all the things.
Speaker 1: Ben Stiller really had very little control over that. The character had such a small role in it. Again, he was awesome in all the parts. But it's like, but so impactful in the movie if you overdid Ron Burgundy, where you're like, all right.
Speaker 5: It's kind of kind of what some people are saying. He was good as a side character, but my loose power. If he's like the leading character in a movie, I think I'd like to see more of it. He's coming back, it's the rumor.
Speaker 1: So he's working on that now, working.
Speaker 4: On it, says some of his friends, his famous friends. Hey, let's talk about Rick Derringer. He died a Memorial Day He was seventy seven. No cause of death was announced, but as anyone passes away, we look back at their life. This guy, that's like quite the life. He's best known for two hit songs, the McCoy's hang On Sloppy, Sloopy Sloopy. It's from nineteen sixty five. It was a number one song YEP. Then his solo classic rock hit rock and roll POUCHI COO.
Speaker 1: That's what we're listening to right here.
Speaker 5: But this is what nineties out, This is what Alex.
Speaker 1: Is excited about.
Speaker 4: This is real Americans.
Speaker 1: But did you know it was Rick Darringer? Yeah you did.
Speaker 7: I downloaded the song to listen to for every Fourth of July playlist or every American anything you ever do because it.
Speaker 5: Says amern American, or because it's hulkvid.
Speaker 7: You have a patriotic playlist you're putting together. How do you not include I am a real character.
Speaker 1: I feel terrible. I never I don't know I know the song. I never knew it was Rick de Orange Really yeah me either?
Speaker 4: A lot of people did Hulk. Hogan used him, Barack Obama used it, Hillary Clinton used it, and Trump uses it.
Speaker 1: Wow. He loves every partisan and then he did a bunch of producing everybody, including Weirdell Yankovic.
Speaker 4: Yeah kiss Barbara Streisan, seely Dan like he's all over the place. May he rest in peace. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 10: Take it Alex, Yeah, true, he's gotta win. Last night they blew out the A's eleven to one. Jose Al twove Homer twice in the game. For a second time in two weeks. They're gonna play the A's again.
Speaker 7: US after Noon Lands mcclors will be on the mound for the Strows going up against the Athletics. Luis Severino first pitches at one ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the NBA Playoffs, the Pacers just beat the Nicks one thirty one twenty one to take a three to one lead. In the Eastern Conference Finals and the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Oilers pushed the Stars to the brink of elimination, beating them four to one in Game four of the Western Conference Finals. And in soccer, Houston Donald FC will be on the road tonight. They're gonna play New New York City FC at Yankee Stadium. I'll kick off at six thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV. Dack if that's going on in sports.
Speaker 14: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four or five, The Bus Angry Divorced Dad Rock starting out the seven o'clock hour, Good morning, I help, you're off to a great start to you to day.
Speaker 3: If you're carrying over from home, room, thank you. If you're just joining us, wakey, wake He hands off those cupcakes. It can be a little wet out there today, dealing with up to an eighty percent chance of thunderstorms later on cloudy today, I mean, you know throughout the day scattered, right is what they're calling it. Hies today of around eighty four. I lost power for a little bit yesterday, Alex. How long were you without power?
Speaker 1: I think came back on around like ten thirty.
Speaker 3: Yes, ten thirty yesterday morning, and it was out when you were leaving left in the morning, so you were out for hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Mine went out in the.
Speaker 3: Afternoon for a little bit. I got the neighborhood chat power Who lost power? Who lost powers? It's crazy when the house next to you loses power and you don't. You're like, okay, what's going on.
Speaker 1: I'm next.
Speaker 3: I know it's common, right, you could be on like some sort of different grid. Well, that's what happened yesterday. It was the first time that I had lost power since I got the generator. Okay, so I it kicks on when I've talked about it. Generator, supercenter, GENERAC, generator, all that. Uh So I got the generator. It goes off on Mondays. It runs for five you can set it for whatever. It's got to run for five bend it's so weak thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so I said it.
Speaker 1: I want to be home for it.
Speaker 3: So usually I think it's set to go off at one or one thirty on Mondays and I hear it. I know that it works, but I haven't had it in action yet. Okay, yesterday was the first day. If it sounds like I'm rubbing it in your face, I am. It's just it was such a good feeling because I haven't I don't want to lose power. You know, you buy the generator, you don't want to have to use it.
Speaker 1: You just want to have that.
Speaker 3: I always talk about the peace of mind. But it went off yesterday, boom, and the lights came back, and the see and everything.
Speaker 4: That's an amazing feeling, like your food and your refrigerator and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It's an investment. But I can't why did we lose power yesterday?
Speaker 4: That's a great question.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like a bad storm.
Speaker 5: Maybe they were working on stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know how any of that works.
Speaker 3: So when I do these Generac generator commercials, I'm like, yeah, I don't know for we lose power for any number of reasons.
Speaker 1: I don't know the reason was yesterday because I don't know the reason. I never and driving around the heights is the intersections are blinking and like, wait a minute, we didn't even have like a really big storm. And I'm sure there's reasons, and it's not bagging on you know.
Speaker 3: I know we have so many linemen that are working that are listening to the show. If you can explain those reasons, let us know. You know, maybe it was explain it to like a dumb person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, back to our level that Yeah, all right, Well, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. More rain is expected.
Speaker 3: I hope we can make it a little better for at least one of you. We have Metallica tickets. The Metallica show is sold out, but it's just weeks away now, which is getting on, which is really like getting me excited Metallica. I'm just as excited to see Pantera, which I did see. I do like to brag about that. I did see Pantera back in the day with Dimebag, Darryl and as Bro So. I saw the original lineup, and I love Zach Wilde. There was only one guy that could fill in and play the guitar like that. It was Dime's best friend, So Zach Wilde with Pantera. I cannot wait to see this Suicidal Tendencies. I'm a fan from day one, so what a huge show. You know that it's sold out. They're playing an Energy stadium. We have tickets for you each and every day. I'm working on some things. I'm working on Metallica tickets next week on the show. I'm working on Metallica tickets up until showtime. I heard that we have some, so I'm just I'm I want yeah, yeah, obviously I want to give those away in the morning, so I know it's going to be this week. I am already working on giving away tickets every day next week. I've also asked, this is where I want. I don't want to get myself in trouble. This is what this was a huge ask. Ditch Day will be the day before Metallica. I begged, and I'm begging and I'm continuing to beg.
Speaker 5: Is that why you were on your knees yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah? To give away a pair of tickets at ditch Day.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, a sign up to win and if we if I can get them, it will be probably it'll be one pair, but it's sold out Metallica at the stadium and.
Speaker 1: It's the day before, So I'm working on that for Ditch Day.
Speaker 3: Does everybody know that Ditch Day is coming up on Friday the thirteenth, Saturday the fourteenth is Metallica, and then the sixteenth is Father's Day. What a weekend, What an unbelievable weekend. We're going to have to we don't have to do it now, but we're going to have to get it down to about five or six of these shots. There's a really long list of it's.
Speaker 1: A crazy long list and they're all have mo in the name.
Speaker 3: I think we've at least got it scoped in that we're we know the shot is going to be most centric, but we're gonna have to figure it out this week. I'd like to come up with the name of the shot this week, so I'm just gonna leave it. I'm gonna throw it out there. I know it's a short week, but let's kind of like reel in that list of shot names and let's take a look at that. I do have a pair of Metallica tickets. On the flip of this break, We're going to play Don't Be a Pig. I'll explain it because most still doesn't know how to play the game, but she's gonna help us out with an example round of it. So you do kind of have to play today, but you are gonna be working with the twins. I'm trying to show everybody how to play Don't Be a Pig and.
Speaker 1: How to win the game. Metallica tickets coming up after the break.
Speaker 14: Stay there, Houston, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show us.
Speaker 1: Hi, Welcome back, everybody. We're gonna start talking Metallica tickets very very soon. We're gonna offer them up, but we're gonna play an example round of Don't Be a Pig. Coming up.
Speaker 3: Eight Chance of thunderstorms that comes along with the scattered type cloudy. Just kind of a nasty looking day, all day highs that they.
Speaker 1: Have around eighty four Alex.
Speaker 7: What's trending wild Card Wednesday is trending Emily Elizabeth was submitted to us by l Nigel and people are checking her out the world damage rod Ryanshowpage at the buzz dot Com. Also trending is Harry Potter HBO. They've cast the big three for the upcoming Harry Potter HBO series. Harry is going to be played by Dominique McLoughlin, Hermion You will be played by Arabella Stanton, and Ron will be played by Alistair Stout.
Speaker 1: They all sound British, well, I'm sure they are. Is this a remake or is it an extension series? So I'm not sure.
Speaker 15: It's like a TV show like The Mandalorian, Yeah, like The Mandalorian Potter.
Speaker 7: They look like the Kids spin off, maybe like a freequel or something like that. And most importantly trending is Harambe. It has been nine years since we lost our sweet Prince, the Lowland guerilla that was sinceselessly murdered at the Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Zoo now I think you're just mentioned is trending. I saw it. It was also his birthday.
Speaker 7: Yesterday was obsessed with murdered in cold blud because excuse me, I care about I care, but I remember what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to get the kid out.
Speaker 7: It was a terrible thing to happen to harambe years sweet prints nine nine years.
Speaker 1: Don't forget Cincinnati Zoo. The name of the game is don't be a Pig. Yes, now I am looking. I'm gonna I'm looking for a word.
Speaker 3: You guys are going to try to figure out the word, and I'm going to give you clues to get you there.
Speaker 1: Mo, I'm going to put you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to put you as the anchor of this team. That means you're gonna get all the clues unless one of the twins gets it early. Okay, Now the clues sound dirty. The word I'm looking for is not dirty. Can you see where Chili wouldn't be good at this game?
Speaker 5: Yes, Chili might struggle a lot. Okay, don't I get it?
Speaker 1: They want to start with Chili. Hey, Chili, Chili, listen, Maybe he's going to come in here and sweep the nation. I always do shock us, the shocker the word I'm looking for. It's not dirty. You just said something dirty.
Speaker 7: You just.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows. Everybody knows what the shocker is. I'm not going anymore than there. Get it off the first clue, bro, all right, show people how it's done.
Speaker 3: Because this is just for funsies. People are going to be doing this for Metallica tickets. All right, your first clue.
Speaker 1: You have to stick it in me to to get me hot.
Speaker 3: Shot A pig, A pencil sharpener, A pencil sharpener, show me a pencil sharpener.
Speaker 1: No, man, you're taking these clues in Alex, the other twin. You have to stick it in me to get it hot. Oh I know, man, When I'm hot enough, I'll pop up. When I'm hot enough, I'll pop up.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: Is it a toaster? Is it a toaster? Yes, it is a toaster. What would you know about that to say that? The thermometer you put in a turkey? Oh yeah, yeah, I thought to a sharpener first, until say get it hot. You guys are so together, that's how you played.
Speaker 5: Don't beay, Okay, this is fine.
Speaker 1: I need three of you on the phone with me right now. Seven one, three, two one, two, five, nine four five. Do you want to be first? Do you want to be second? You want to be third? I don't know. I don't know because you might get it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you could be second like Alex and get it correct.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: So your placement is important, but it's for the Metallica tickets seven one three two one two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 1: The Rud Ryan Show ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz green Day's good Riddance, Time of your Life?
Speaker 3: Now that song was famously used I believe in the closing montage of the final Seinfeld episode.
Speaker 1: I'll always remember that.
Speaker 3: But the song existed, and then Seinfeld asked them, went out and got the permission to use it. Now green Day went out and did something new. I believe, uh, and Ryan Reynolds had asked them. I know you're not team Ryan Reynolds. No, did you use the like before all of this? Blake Lively?
Speaker 1: And then yes, what's the other guy's name?
Speaker 4: Justin Baldoni?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you used to like Ryan went Royes? And now you're not on his now any more?
Speaker 4: Skeptical of his character.
Speaker 3: So Ryan Reynolds is hosting a NAT GEO series called Underdogs about animals on the lowest rungs of the food chain, and Green Day did the theme song that story, and I think there's a preview of the song that's on the music blog page today.
Speaker 1: You can go and check that out. Lots of stuff.
Speaker 3: Don't just wait for us to tell you the things on the radio. I put all these so many extra stories on all of these blog pages. You can go check that out the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at buzz dot com. John from San Antonio giving us a heads up. I appreciate you checking us out on the iHeartRadio app. Good morning, brother Rod. This is John Hill out here in San Antonio.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to let you guys all know the weather you're the weather you're gonna get here in a little while.
Speaker 3: Is the weather that we got this morning at four o'clock am. It was horrible, lots of wind, blowing rain was coming down. Woke us up at four o'clock this morning so everybody'd be safe out there in Houston and have.
Speaker 1: A great day. So yeah, he's seeing what he had, is just kind of heading our way and it is going to get a little nasty later on this afternoon, so hopefully everybody keeps their power on. Okay, tell me about these tickets. What do you got Ooh?
Speaker 5: I mean it's kind of a big deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Metallica is sold out at NRG Stadium June fourteenth. Yep, Father's Day weekend. The only way you can get in this to win these tickets from us, So you'd better be there.
Speaker 1: You're where are you? Dinah?
Speaker 7: Your hair?
Speaker 1: All right? You heard the example around One of the twins got it. I can't remember because they look this sound the same. One of the twins got it on the second clue people have one. Don't be a pig on clue number one. No way, and maybe Paul is the guy that is that again. Hi, Paul, let's see what we got dude. Welcome, Welcome to the game. We call got a pig? Well, yeah, don't be a pig. Don't be a pig. Don't be a pig. Got it, Paul, I'm gonna give you a clue. I'm looking for a word. The clues sound nasty.
Speaker 3: No checking the tapes on this. I have to say these things to get you there. Clue number one for you, Paul, You got this, Paul, Let's go if you handle.
Speaker 1: Me too much, I may explode all over you.
Speaker 6: Don't be a pig.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think dirty things. If you handle me too much, I may explode all over you. What's your guess? Soda can? Soda can? No, No, you're not my boy. You know that's not correct. No, Paul, not bad, though not bad. Christy, come on, Christy, you can do this.
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 13: Hi?
Speaker 6: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Just one bit of advice on the on the game. Yeah, don't don't do that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you some clues. You get two clues now, Okay, I'm looking. I'm looking for a word. If you handle me too much, I may explode all over you. This is the clue number one. Okay, clue number two.
Speaker 1: I can tickle your nose while I'm going down your throat. Christie, I'm just gonna go with egg.
Speaker 3: Egg show me, please show me an egg for the Metallica's it's not an egg.
Speaker 1: It's it's not an egg. It's not an egg. All right, Alex is writing down his answer. You know.
Speaker 3: You're both stumped. Okay, Well, this is gonna be easy because Joseph is going to get it right now. It's only three clues Joseph, good morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Good morning by Joseph.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: You know what we're playing for today, right yeah?
Speaker 5: Casual?
Speaker 3: Holy craps, Holy craps. First clue, Joseph, I want you to think about it. If you handle me too much, I may explode.
Speaker 1: All over you. Don't be a pick. Gon be a pick.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can tickle your nose while I'm going down your throat, Joseph.
Speaker 1: Final clue, I get popped on my wedding night. You got the US a bottle of champagne Winner.
Speaker 5: Wow, Wow, Joseph.
Speaker 1: You guys, you guys stumped in the room.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait, were you guys all stumped on that one? Yeah? Got a bunch of different yeah, Joseph, champagne dude.
Speaker 5: Winner pop bottles.
Speaker 4: You go into Metallica, Joseph.
Speaker 1: It sold out, friend, dude, you're in. Have you seen Metallica ever? I never heard. Oh my god, dude, I'm so excited for you. You better pop some champagne now for sure.
Speaker 5: All Right, that was a good one.
Speaker 3: All right, dude, I got a pair of it sold out Metallica tickets for you June fourteenth.
Speaker 1: Man, have a great time at that show.
Speaker 3: Everyone else another pair giving away on Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 1: You know Daddy's working on next week as well. Hey, we don't need your attitude show on ninety four fives of US ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's show. Thank you so much for having us on. We can park up from the bottom.
Speaker 3: Before that, giving away another pair of Metallica tickets. It needs to be mentioned every time Man, Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies opening up that show.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait.
Speaker 3: Saturday, June fourteenth, Energy Stadium sold out show. We'll have tickets for you tomorrow and Friday. And then I told you about the things that I'm working on.
Speaker 1: I can only beg so much I'm asking, I'm asking to give away more tickets than that. I'm what I'm telling you that we have this week. Do we do have some nasty weather heading our way.
Speaker 3: We heard from San Antonio that it got nasty over there and that stuff's kind of headed our way later on this afternoon, So thunderstorms up to an eighty percent chance of some thunderstorms, which is gonna come with a little bit of wind, and the cloudy skies ties up around eighty four today. Speaking of Metallica. I wonder if this story will if if it'll catch Wain into the band. They've helped out a lot of people. They've got their own charity and everything else. There's a story that's kind of gaining some traction and it's on the music blog page and it talks about like how Metallica saved this family's life. Maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but this mom, dad and their fourteen year old daughter. They were scheduled to attend the Metallica show in Virginia on May seventh, and this was in the local papers the night before. The parents said, let's all go to bed early. Let's get plenty of rest. We've got Metallica tomorrow. The kids go into her first concert. It's going to be Metallica.
Speaker 1: She's fourteen.
Speaker 3: They said, normally they'd be up for several hours more watching television, but they said, let's.
Speaker 1: Turn in early. Big day tomorrow. They were in their beds.
Speaker 3: They avoided the truck that crashed through their house, directly into their living room. They said, they thank God every day and they thank Metallica for saving us, because it's exactly what happened. They didn't make the show. But Madeline wrote the band a letter thanking them for saving her parents. The fourteen year old wrote it, I just wonder if Metallica will get wind of this story. Maybe it's a stretch, isn't it? Like did Metallic? Did Metallica saved this band?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's still a sweet story.
Speaker 1: It's a story, and it would be cool.
Speaker 4: And they went to the concert anyway.
Speaker 1: No no, no, they couldn't. No no no. Their their house was destroyed.
Speaker 5: So eventually my tall is going to get him to another show.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, maybe, I don't know. And it seems like maybe it's a bit of a stretch. But there's a couple more things as the story. But like I said, there's always a bunch of stuff on our on our music blog page. Check that out at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Houston's rocking alternatives. The rod Rast The.
Speaker 9: Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five A Buzz twenty.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Thank you, thank you, thank you for having this on this morning.
Speaker 3: I know it's a little wet and skanky outside. More on that in Houston's headlines. Good News falling in Reverse tickets coming your way at around eight twenty. Some are of loud tour tickets. That's I prevail and bear tooth and kill switch. Engage those tickets early in the nine o'clock hour. We got to bring me the Horizon tickets on the show. But I'm gonna let Moget into it because she's talking a lot about this weather and it looks like eleven twelve o'clock is going to be peak rain chances for us here in the Houston area.
Speaker 5: Which, yeah, just keep that umbrella clothes, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're in for multiple rounds of rain and storms for the rest of the week, not just today. But our weather is deteriorating today as the day goes on. It's already started showers currently across several areas of our area.
Speaker 5: Can we keep the.
Speaker 1: Power all though? I mean, please, this is not a storm. This is not a big thing, is it.
Speaker 4: It could be, It doesn't need to be, It doesn't need to do we keep this power off. I'd like to keep our power Houston. Some storms are predicted to be to marginally severe.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Possibility of hail and wind, wind is always we know the issue.
Speaker 5: When it comes to power but good news.
Speaker 4: It's only gonna stay in the mid eighties with the cloud cover.
Speaker 1: Alex. He's got a little baby over there, He's got baby on the way. He needs power.
Speaker 16: He needs power over there at the crib the hell baby monitors.
Speaker 1: Did your twin lose power? I don't believe he can't nap that I know you.
Speaker 5: Can send the baby to Chili's Chili.
Speaker 1: Did you lose power? Okay? Did anything? I mean anything disrupts that guy's naps. And I can sleep with power or no power. He doesn't matter to me as long as I as long as it's not hot, I'm good. Okay, you were fine over there. Did you lose power? Not to my knowledge? Okay, good go through it.
Speaker 4: Hey, big day today, Rod. I know you're a Southwest Airlines guy.
Speaker 1: Okay I am. And they're gonna make they're gonna ding me for more money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they need your money.
Speaker 4: New policies finally kicking today, bringing them closer to industry standards when it comes to checked baggage.
Speaker 1: That was the whole thing. Yeah bags you see two for free?
Speaker 4: It was so nice, especially when you're lugging kiddos around. Now it looks like thirty five dollars for your first checked bag, forty five for the second, and.
Speaker 5: That just depends on your status with the airlines.
Speaker 1: It didn't even wean us off of that, like not if the second bag get charged but the first one is still free. They just went, no, we're charging.
Speaker 5: They just ripped the bandit off and make it hurt.
Speaker 4: They have a lot of other changes coming, like they're assigned seating. They're getting rid of those, you know, the want to get away tier of usually like really inexpensive flights.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're switching from that, and they're going.
Speaker 4: To start implementing expiration dates to your flight credits, so if you have any of those in your back pocket, use them.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I just heard from Steven. He's in Dallas, just got off his sixteen hour shift. He works for Southwest, and he said that starting in early twenty twenty six is when they're going to start doing the assigned seating.
Speaker 1: So open seating is still there, but that's good, but you're paying for your bags.
Speaker 6: Just be ready.
Speaker 1: But if you're a list still you'll get the bag free.
Speaker 4: Are you a list?
Speaker 13: Rock?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, come on, okay, good do you even check a bag?
Speaker 13: I do you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got a lot of hair products. President Donald Trump. Oh No, Today's National Burger Day, Yeah it is.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I'm a little skeptical about this.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously we want to celebrate National Burger Day, but I'm going to ruin it for you. Because door Dash tallied the most ordered burgers in all fifty states. Texas is one of seventeen states that listed the chicken burger as the number one ordered.
Speaker 3: I've never once heard anybody call a chicken sandwich a chicken burger.
Speaker 6: Never.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm a little skeptical.
Speaker 4: Nobody are they talking about ground chicken formed into a burger, because there's no chance that's number one.
Speaker 3: It's still a chicken sandwich, even when it's a ground chicken. Yes, it's still a chicken sandwich. It's not a chicken burger.
Speaker 5: Chicken burger.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like it ticks me off that this is number one.
Speaker 3: I would call that, like if it was ground up a chicken patty, right, a chicken patty maybe.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't. I would never call a chicken sandwich a chick can burger. This is the dumbest.
Speaker 3: This is like you talking about how many people would put sunscreen on strangers.
Speaker 1: Where do they come up with this job?
Speaker 4: National Burger Day? Let us celebrate?
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I know, I'm mad at door dash Now there are deals on burgers though, so yeah, make sure you have like your app because a lot of them are hidden on the apps. But celebrate today, all right?
Speaker 1: Well, there's all right? So I just feel like we just did everybody have a burger? This weekend?
Speaker 5: Is a memorial day? Is that where you're supposed to be?
Speaker 1: I did, and I had leftover burgers yesterday.
Speaker 5: So what are you going to do today?
Speaker 1: Burgered out?
Speaker 5: You're gonna have a chicken burgers?
Speaker 1: So you're going to do chicken palms?
Speaker 5: All right? Let's talk about Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: Yesterday it was announcing he decided to pardon or reality TV stars Todd and Julie Christly, who are serving prison sentences for bank fraud and tax evasion. Guess the couple known for their show Christly knows best.
Speaker 1: I don't want to insult our audience, but which show is this?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Which Pustwives is the Chrystlies they're in like real estate.
Speaker 4: They're very southern.
Speaker 1: It seems like he might be gay, yes, and he's married and as kids Todd Cris but he's not gay. Oh, he's got a bunch of kids, right, and.
Speaker 5: He's married to a female.
Speaker 1: Do they look like him? Yes, okay, Yes.
Speaker 4: They were convicted in twenty twenty two for scamming banks out of over thirty million dollars in loans and hiding money from the IRS. And obviously this has been back and forth. I got twelve years in prison, Julie got seven. And their daughter has really been fighting for prison reforms. Yes, I know she's been seeing like how her parents are treated in prison.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess they could get out today.
Speaker 1: You know who's pissed a lot of people, Joe Exotic. He's been begging, he's been begging Trump to get him out of jail.
Speaker 4: Well, I forgot about that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tiger King.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He needs Savannah Christly to go speak at the Republican National Convention on his honor.
Speaker 1: Trump, take a look at the Tiger King.
Speaker 5: Next, let's talk about Jim Root.
Speaker 4: He says he already has six songs for the new Slip Not album. Yes, The guitarist shared on a podcast that he's working on new music for the band's next album. He has six finished song arrangements, four more he's developing, and he hasn't shown them to the rest of.
Speaker 5: The band yet.
Speaker 4: I feel like they're sharing all their news on podcasts. It's not even a secret anymore. This is Flipnot's plan and he's sticking to it. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 10: Take it, Alex, Yeahstro's got to win. Last night they blew out the He's eleven to one.
Speaker 7: Jose Al Tuvey homer twice in the game for the second time in two weeks. They're gonna play the A's again this afternoon. Lancecmac colors are being the mount for the Strows going up against the Athletics. Luis Sevarino first pitches at one ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Oh you're big Astros fan, are you? Is there even a question that jose Al Twove is the greatest astro of all time?
Speaker 5: He's pretty great?
Speaker 1: Is he the greatest astro of all time?
Speaker 5: There's like some old time guys that like A two Bay's the greatest as that.
Speaker 1: Greatest astro of all time? You still think it's not a done deal, world series Vigio, and.
Speaker 4: We're talking just statistically greatest of all times.
Speaker 1: Statistically it is whatever however you want to do it. Do you still think that there's a question.
Speaker 4: We'll be talking about him forever.
Speaker 1: He's the greatest aster of all time. He's the greatest aster of all time.
Speaker 5: I love him.
Speaker 1: He like bagwell better. I don't know your Visio game.
Speaker 4: He's done a lot for the community, so as all too there, we'll see what. But he's done in twenty years, okay, if he.
Speaker 1: Donates to charity, I bet I'll see you in twenty I'll.
Speaker 6: Be the end.
Speaker 7: In the NBA Playoffs, the Pacers beat the Knicks one thirty to one twenty one to take a three to one lead in the Eastern Conference Finals. And then the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Oilers pushed the Stars to the brink of elimination, beating them four to one in Game four of the Western Conference Finals.
Speaker 1: And soccer Houston DYNAMOFC are.
Speaker 7: Going to be on the road tonight taking on New York City FC at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 1: Kickoff is at six thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV. That is what's going on in sports, rock and Alternative Fair Houston, The rod Ryan.
Speaker 6: Larnin Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Pearl Jam Daughter half Foot part of the show. People Up.
Speaker 3: Three cloudy today, scattered thunderstorms could get nasty around here.
Speaker 1: Eleven twelve o'clock goes all the way up to like one hundred percent chance we're all gonna get wet at some point today. Hies of around eighty four. So you know, listen, we've talked about this before.
Speaker 3: I throw, but Moe's fresh meat, so I threw it out there to her, and you were talking about jose L Tuove two home run game, second time in two weeks. He's still unbelievably productive. He's been here forever. He's for me, not just being a homer. And I know he's gonna have to deal with some of those issues that the Astros dealt with a couple of years ago. But he's a first ballot Hall of Famer, and I think he's he's the most clear cut Hall of Famer in the history of any Astros player.
Speaker 1: I said he's the greatest Astro of all time.
Speaker 3: Immediately I get blown up with emails and Tony sort of said Nolan Ryan and Caesar Sendanio.
Speaker 1: Nolan Ryan was a cup of coffee astra.
Speaker 3: He played here for a bunch of years. But I think what was I think what rules him out is he's not in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: As an astro. Yeah, so you don't get to claim that.
Speaker 3: So I don't think you get to be the greatest astro if you didn't even choose the Astros.
Speaker 1: To be the team that you went into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: And he didn't.
Speaker 4: That's not why he didn't get in the Hall of Famers as great astro. Yes, he wanted to be an astro, but they wouldn't pay him money, so he had to go elsewhere and prove that he was a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Right, he chose the Texas Rangers, But I mean he played for the Messages sixty nine mentes right, Rather how many old series do you have with the Astros? None? Okay? How many does Hoes?
Speaker 6: They have?
Speaker 1: Two? Two? Okay?
Speaker 3: Cauz Our san Danio is not even in the Hall of Fame. I think he's in the Astros Hall. I'm sure he's in the Astros Hall of Fame, but he's not even in the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame, he said.
Speaker 1: Named the top ten astros. He's not.
Speaker 5: I don't recognize that name.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, this is just Tony's email.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Bro, your boy's not even in the Hall of Fame. He can't be the greatest astro of all time? Now your favorite guy?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Like, how many people are you gonna ask? What's your favorite astro of all time? Cam Camminetti. People loved him, you know, people absolutely loved him. That it could be your favorite guy. But he wasn't the greatest astro of all time? Did he throw a guy out? Sitting on his ass from third base all the way to first Yes, on his ass, throwing a guy out? One of the greatest astros plays of all time? Is that the greatest astros player of all time?
Speaker 7: No Vigo would probably be who most people would say would be if you were trying to give somebody else three thousand hits, But he has more home runs RBI and a better batting average, so those are pretty good stats.
Speaker 1: How many hits his how many hits is? This is an old thing, but he's added to it since then. L two A have a shot at three thousand hits. He's at a year ago, he was at two forty seven. Okay, he's got a Nah, it's a lot of hits. It's there, I do, but he could possibly.
Speaker 3: Should have played for twenty years, right, Yeah, and L two B is not there yet, so that wasn't an easy one.
Speaker 1: Who's your favorite astro? I don't know, you don't have a favorite astro.
Speaker 5: I thought people would say Bigio or Nolan Ryan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ry, Nolan Ryan is my favorite picture of all time. Yeah, long before I moved here. When I was a kid, he was my favorite picture. Obviously the last name thing, But I don't know what it was. I was drawn to.
Speaker 5: You're related to Nolan Ryan.
Speaker 1: I wish maybe somewhere all the way down the line.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's a couple of a couple of drunks got together in Ireland somewhere, and I imagine you can kind of lead us back to somewhere. All right, throw Kelly Ryan in there too.
Speaker 1: For some reason, as a kid, I was drawn to Nolan Ryan. And I was drawn to Earl Campbell. Oh yeah, And you know, I was never really an Oilers fan, but I was drawn Earl Campbell as a human just was just the guy man like he was the guy.
Speaker 3: I loved him. OJ was my favorite running back ha ha great on the field O J. Simpson one of the best guys ever.
Speaker 1: I mean what, I was a little little kid. O J. Simpson was my favorite football player. Football player than person, way better football player than person. Good. But you will be quick to point out that you know was never found guilty of.
Speaker 3: Murder by civil clearly clearly guilty of double.
Speaker 1: Homicide in the public's opinion.
Speaker 3: But no, Yeah, those two guys were Earl Campbell and Nolan Ryan my sports idols growing up, throwing mix out a little Reggie Jackson and some.
Speaker 1: Of those other guys.
Speaker 3: But two guys, significant players you know in Houston that I worshiped as a kid. So I I understand why somebody would say that Nolan Ryan is the greatest astro of all time. I just don't think that he just killed it for me that he didn't go in as an astro in the Hall of Fame as a.
Speaker 1: Ranger, Like that's kind of just it's just a shot right at Houston. He could have gone in for he could have gone in the Hall of Fame for anything.
Speaker 5: Names didn't want him.
Speaker 1: That's Angels. I don't know this story.
Speaker 5: I think that's the story.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't pay him. I wanted to stay here. He loved you, so he's from here. Yeah, but they wouldn't pay him money.
Speaker 1: Okay. Big Arguing that Randy Johnson's the best.
Speaker 5: Astro, Ruben stuttered, He's the best astro could be, could have.
Speaker 1: Been, Ruben stuttered from an American idol. Do you have a favorite athlete?
Speaker 5: Manning Dad, Yeah, that's no brainer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could fight about that.
Speaker 1: I don't think you want to fight about that. I mean, he's pretty great. He's pretty great in his forehead I have I've watched a movie on it once.
Speaker 5: Yeah, drive not Mayl.
Speaker 1: All right, this hour, I've got tickets to Falling in Reverse.
Speaker 3: I want to share an email with you guys, and I'm sure some of our listeners are dealing with this. Zach, I'll share it with you after the break. Zack Sen's in an email. His kid is leaving, moving out of the house, graduating, going to college, and they want to change her bedroom around, and she's kind of pissed about that, Like, how's does all that have to Is there a period of time you have to wait, or if that kid goes off to college. He's like, no, no, that's that bedroom. We're making a red room of pain. We're making a sex room out of it.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 3: He's got a funny email. I'm going to share that with you. Coming up as well, does Rock and Al.
Speaker 6: Tearing Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the bus Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. Got some falling in reverse tickets coming up for you shortly. We have rain coming up for you.
Speaker 3: Eight chant, some thunderstorms, cloudy skuys today.
Speaker 1: And now it's even going up to ninety percent chance. Okay, we're gonna get wet later. What's trending over there, Alex Southwest Airlines is trending.
Speaker 7: Yeah, people are talking about them ending their longtime free luggage policy and they're having assigned seats now.
Speaker 1: He held out that people are mad about it.
Speaker 3: They held out for a long time. They fought the good fight for a long time. They were the only ones forever not charging you.
Speaker 1: For those bags. Man, So I appreciate all those.
Speaker 5: Years they were good.
Speaker 1: While they last, the good old days, a good flight still have open seating, though until twenty twenty six. Yeah, but they're phasing that out. Yeah.
Speaker 7: People mad about that because now they find out the luggage thing and then they're also finding out about it.
Speaker 1: But what was the thing you said about the points? So I gotta use up my points?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you used to like they not they didn't expire, and they're going to start putting expiration on them the proper country.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't like any of the news I'm hearing today.
Speaker 7: Well, you will like wild Card Wednesday because look, Emily Elizabeth was submitted to just by l Nigel and a lot of people were checking her out at the world Damis rad Ryan show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: And then Survivor fifty is trending.
Speaker 7: They just announced the cast of the fiftieth season of Survivor with a bunch of returning players. Mike White of the White Lotus making his second run on Survivor. He got third I believe the year that he played. And yeah, Serie Field's also coming back if you are a Survivor fan. But yeah, people were talking about Survivor season fifties cast being announced.
Speaker 1: That is training on ninety foot five the bus. All right, you want to give away these tickets, and then I'll give away the tickets that I want to share an email with everybody. So okay, I've got.
Speaker 5: A pair of tickets.
Speaker 4: See Folly in Reverse. It's their God is a weapon to our August fourteenth at the Woodlands Wage War. Check nine Sleep Theory tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com or we'll give them to you if your collar ten seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go get after those tickets. They're on Ryan Show on ninety four or.
Speaker 2: Five Experience in Picture Into the Cosmic Nus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, p Roach Getting Away with Murder, Rod Ryan Show, Wildcard Wednesday. Alex says, I gotta go check it out. I haven't had time, bro, busy time. I'm trying to make time.
Speaker 3: That's all I did was look at our website yesterday, looking at all those Buzzfest pictures.
Speaker 4: It was fun.
Speaker 1: It was like one after another after another after another.
Speaker 3: Great us spend so much time on our website yesterday. I'll get over there. I will get over there today for sure. We got cloudy skies, we got thunderstorms on the way. Some of you are experiencing some rain right now. Maybe this guy's getting rained down.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning. What's your name? Hello? Yeah you hih hi iglorious. All right, good morning, Mason. I'm Mason, Mason. What part of town are you calling us from? Headed into Cross? What's the weather doing in that area?
Speaker 13: It's cloudy right now, it ain't raining yet, but it's probably about to come down.
Speaker 1: I think we're all going to get it.
Speaker 3: Might even be here before, I mean the real bad stuff eleven twelve o'clock. But it's looking like they're starting to like.
Speaker 1: Bump that up a little bit. So Mason, be safe out there. You happen to be caller number ten. Mo's got a killer ticket for you.
Speaker 4: You're welcome, Mason. You're going to see following in reverse. They've got their God as a weapon to where August fourteenth, the Woodlands Pavilion, Wage War Tech Nines like Theory. Tickets on sale ticketmaster dot com. But Mason, we got a pair safe just for you friends.
Speaker 1: Ready to go? Mason? Thanks?
Speaker 5: Yeah, would be safe out there, bro be safe?
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, thank you for listening. Mason, Well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 13: Bro.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm for me.
Speaker 3: We already gave away those Metallica tickets, but we'll have more for you tomorrow and Friday, and we're working on some things. I'll just say that we're working on some things. We're always working on things around here. Still to come, summer of Loud Tour. Those of that said, I prevail, bear tooth Kill Switching Gage like ten other bands. We're giving those away at nine ten and then we'll leave you with the Bring Me the Horizon tickets.
Speaker 1: All right, you went off to college. I did. I lived in my mom's basement.
Speaker 5: He probably saved so much money.
Speaker 1: I went to school, so they.
Speaker 3: Didn't really you know, my mom didn't get rid of my room. I went to college and I was in the basement. Still, I was in the basement. I actually got my job on the air immediately after graduating. I was doing afternoon drive in Buffalo, New York, living in my mom's basement.
Speaker 1: Hey, dude, get off the teat.
Speaker 5: I have a lot of logistical questions.
Speaker 3: Well, my question for you, though, first is how soon after you go off to college do they just take a wrecking ball to your room and repurpose it and now it becomes the sewing or the craft room or do they keep it?
Speaker 1: Do you get your room until you are done with college and move out? Move out?
Speaker 4: I would say most good mothers would make sure there's always somewhere for their babies to come home to.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, was that not your situation?
Speaker 5: Well, mine's kind of dark. It's not really fair. My house burned down.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, when I want to wait to college? But did they create a room for you in the the new place? But it was never my room?
Speaker 5: It was like the guest room or moved on?
Speaker 1: Alex, Where are your mom and dad in the house that you went to high school in?
Speaker 5: In your room?
Speaker 1: You went to Sam paston? But it's still like a bedroom. Okay, it's still a bedroom, but not your.
Speaker 4: Bedroom doesn't have like Pamela Anderson posters still hanging out on the wall down and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Eli shirtless, Eli Manning jersey fat head. Of course you did?
Speaker 3: Did they Did it remain your room while you were going Now you're at SAM but you you dormed it Sam, I live there, you live there?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Did it remain your room while you were in college? Yeah? Like it's still like when my wife and I if we got there for like cottage and stuff. That's where we stay. But how long does the Eli Manning fathead stay on the wall? A couple of years? Okay, so they did in apartment walls, all right. So this is where.
Speaker 3: The email comes in, Zach. He says, our daughter, brother Rod loved the show. Been listening for twenty years.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Zach.
Speaker 3: Our daughter is graduating from high school. She's more than a little jacked about moving out to start her life.
Speaker 5: Go girl.
Speaker 1: She has a good job, she pays her own way. Claims she's going to go to college after a year of being out on her own.
Speaker 5: That's hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that The Mormons do that? Rom Springer, the Amish, the Mormons. Somebody, somebody goes out there, somebody lives it up for a year.
Speaker 5: It's all the rage Rob gap year.
Speaker 1: Okay, the gap year?
Speaker 5: Okayside to do so.
Speaker 3: He says his daughter's got a good job, she's paying her own way, she's moving out.
Speaker 1: She's moving out, okay, claims to be going to school next year. Maybe maybe that's led my wife and I to be more than.
Speaker 3: A little jacked about having the house to ourselves. Yesterday, our daughter overheard us making plans for the house. Got a little butt hurt and that we were going to be tearing down her room and throwing away some of her things. That's not the case at all, but it does bring up this valid question. Once she moves out and takes whatever she wants with her, what's the appropriate amount of time to hold on to everything else before it's garage sale, goodwill time, and home gym time. Oh wants to turn her room into a home gym.
Speaker 5: She's moving out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's a difference going away to Colledge.
Speaker 3: I really do think there's a difference, right, I mean, the game changer here is I'm going to read an email.
Speaker 1: Kids need a home, do not change their home unless they are moving out, not moving into a dorm. The day they get their attic memories that mom has saved over their lifetime is the day they move out. She's moving out. She's not going to college.
Speaker 4: But I get that about saving a bunch of stuff attic memories is really cute. My parents are moving here to the Houston area in two weeks yea, and they're.
Speaker 5: Like, Okay, we're going to bring the boxes of stuff we've saved for you.
Speaker 1: Oh, you still have some of that?
Speaker 3: My mom had enough I had moved well, see, I moved to New Orleans and that was my first move away.
Speaker 1: There was still stuff at the house. Yeah, when I was coming to Houston, my mom was like, you guys, coulda I don't want any of your stuff in this house anymore.
Speaker 4: She got it rid of you.
Speaker 15: Get the attic boxes, get anything you want, and everything else is on here.
Speaker 3: If you want something that yours, take it. But I don't want this stuff in my house anymore. But that was after I had already moved away, but she had had enough.
Speaker 1: With all of that stuff. Yeah, can he I mean he's kind of asking our opinion here. Can he go with the home gym right after she moves out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's just moving out.
Speaker 1: This kid is probably seventeen eighteen years old.
Speaker 4: Always welcome home, and if she ever changes her mind and needs a home, she can come back.
Speaker 16: She could sleep on the bench press on the couch. Yeah, I can make you're moving out, sister, you can sleep on the I'm sure the dog has a nice bed.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he doesn't want to snigle the dog. I think he can change anything he wants. Just moving out. I'm sorry, I'm that's a big difference. For me, school is like, okay, I'll hang on to your shind.
Speaker 5: I might be coming home in the summer.
Speaker 4: If you go away, coming home for.
Speaker 1: All the holidays and in the summers and all of that. Boom, your your room is your room. Oh you're moving out? Okay. Treadmill. Yeah you want to come home, you can sleep on the treadmill. Jacks h Good luck with that. Good luck. Wait a minute, I want to back up to a reaction you had. What he said that she's taking a year off and then plans on going back to college.
Speaker 5: That's rough. That's hard.
Speaker 16: You think, once she gets a taste of having money, being out there and having money, it's going to be hard to go back to school.
Speaker 1: I'll agree with you on that. Yeah, the heart the hardest transition.
Speaker 3: For people working going to college were the bart and the waiters and the waitresses that were dealing with fast cash and making pretty good money, yeah good money, and didn't want to give that up. Those were the people that had the hardest time if they took time.
Speaker 1: Off of school. I'll just say, Zach, I was somebody that went to school.
Speaker 3: Said I want to be a rock star. I want to try this band thing. Out and I try, well, I'm here. So I tried the band thing, and I went back to school. I don't think that's everybody's story. I don't even think it's most people's story.
Speaker 5: That's hard.
Speaker 1: But I did go back and then I and they ended up getting my degree. But I was off for two years trying to make it the music industry.
Speaker 4: Get that guitar out what.
Speaker 1: I think that's the best way to go. Not easy, but I did go back. So, Zach, your kid could dig a year off. It could. I don't know what she does. He says. She got a good job and she pays her own way.
Speaker 4: That's some job might pay for her school also, which sometimes is the case.
Speaker 1: All right, Zach home, Jim, it is Ryan come home.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five in the bus Breaking Benjamin and Awaken Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having us on.
Speaker 3: Becky's working on Louisiana Downtown. Louisiana Street downtown. She says, it's pouring. It's pouring lots of lightning, so depending on what area you're in.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. I'm looking for a window here. It's a little ref inside cabin on the cruise.
Speaker 3: We know, we don't have enough money for a window room, so we don't know. But we base it all on what you guys are telling us. So if it's raining on Louisiana Street downtown, it's coming down.
Speaker 1: Becky.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you being your our eyes and ears out there, listener, Jim brother Rod.
Speaker 3: My mom held out a lot of my attict stuff until I was thirty five and my kid was born. Some of the toys that I played with when I was a kid, I passed those on. My room was definitely no longer in my room shortly after I moved out. But my mom did hang onto a bunch of things. My mom hat hung onto some things, a lot of things. I mean, that's where I get it from. It's weird. I'm a pack rat, I'm sentimental those types.
Speaker 1: That's me. Alex will Fay say order I'm not, but okay, my mom has.
Speaker 3: That my sister who I'm I'm telling you, it's like she's walking around like me in drag Okay, like my sister and I were so alike.
Speaker 1: She has none of that. She wants nothing. When my mom passes away, she's like torch that house. She doesn't want anything. She doesn't want any. She has no sentimental she doesn't want any.
Speaker 5: Are you older or she older? She's older, she's older.
Speaker 1: She's older. There will be no arguments for stuff at all, you know, And then I, I don't know what the hell my brother's gonna do if he's going to show up then, but she doesn't want any of that stuff. Interesting, Yeah, it's like, don't you want.
Speaker 4: To look back at like I do your your book?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I don't look at it.
Speaker 1: I have it though, right, that's what if I have my yearbook?
Speaker 4: I do, of course, yeah, the same.
Speaker 3: I don't know where I have it though, I know I do in a box somewhere that I haven't looked at in twenty five years.
Speaker 5: But one day your daughter might want to look at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and not just because I only have a daughter. But she's not gonna want my baseball cards. She's not gonna want my train set.
Speaker 5: The train set.
Speaker 1: I have all that stuff. It would be awesome cool, Oh my god, it'd be so cool.
Speaker 5: Or her son one day.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: The one thing is my daughter got christened in the I don't know why. I was more a dress when I got christened.
Speaker 5: But babies do.
Speaker 1: But she got christened in the same thing, the gown that my mom hung on to.
Speaker 5: That that's really sweet.
Speaker 1: So she got christened and that was cool. And you hit us some new booties. The booties turned.
Speaker 5: Yellow yellow, that happens.
Speaker 1: But the you know, that's so sweet.
Speaker 5: See, that's why we hold on to stuff.
Speaker 1: I got a new uh. Listen, I don't know what we would do without gen Z.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: Apparently gen Z has discovered soup.
Speaker 5: Tell me more about it.
Speaker 3: Well, but it's not it's it's it's viral on TikTok. It's water based cooking. They're boiling things. They're boiling things. It's water based cooking. It's the newest.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, wait till they try a hotdog in that bad point. Here's here's my favorite.
Speaker 3: And I know you've read other things like this before you started water based cooking. And now your skin is clear, your stomach is thriving, and you recover from illness overnight.
Speaker 1: You discovered soup.
Speaker 5: Soup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's water based cooking. Now ask any bodybuilder. They all boil their chicken. Okay, they all boil their chicken. It's the worst tasting thing you've ever had. But anybody that has any mass on them eats boiled chicken. People have boiled foup. You ever heard of a poached egg? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: It's not water based cooking an egg, it's boiling an egg. You're boiling things.
Speaker 4: Why are they going at that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, TikTok has a term for the most basic things out there. I mean, yeah, I remember my first soup too.
Speaker 1: I don't. It's just been around forever, guys. But they're boiling things now, Wow, so that's cool.
Speaker 3: Some claim that water based methods like boiling, blanching, steaming, or poaching can reverse aging.
Speaker 5: Would you get soup right now?
Speaker 1: I feel younger just talking about it. It's outside.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love soup should be a dessert because like soup fills in the cracks, Like you should have whatever you eat first and then you should get full.
Speaker 5: That soup usually comes first, right.
Speaker 1: Which I think we did. I think we got it wrong.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to take my first sip of chicken broth and tell everybody how younger.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're staring ron you're thriving.
Speaker 1: Stream of mushroom really okay a couple of years. Listen, the kids just discovered boiling. Okay, now do you turn the do you do you turn the the stove on and then put the pot? Or do you do you fill the pot? I mean you you have to like give me the order on doing these things. Okay, do you put the pan the water?
Speaker 3: Do you put the pan of water on the burner and then turn on the burner or do you turn on the burner and then put the pan of water on it and then I cannot wait for you, guys to discover fire based cooking about.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you about the cave.
Speaker 1: When you discover fire based cooking, I'm telling you, gen Z, your life's gonna change to make kool aid. All right, I feel younger just talking about this. Guys, you're onto something.
Speaker 6: Rock morning show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Collective Soul Shine. This is your Rod Ryan Show. And yeah, many of you getting dumped on now. It's just the starting, but you can all see that it's gonna get worse as the day goes on and on and on. I know Mo's got more of that. We got one more Houston headlines for you next hour.
Speaker 3: We got some great tickets for you that I prevail, Bear Tooth, kill Switch Engage Summer of Loud Tour.
Speaker 1: We'll get to those at around nine ten. But mona, am me in the right spot?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Might I think? Am I thinking? Are we over supposed to be forgetting in the Houston's headlines right?
Speaker 5: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: I just freaked out. I'm like, oh my god, I think I'm doing am I saying the wrong things?
Speaker 4: I got you back?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Here we go get Houston headlines. Please get nasty out there, Marius. It is nasty out there, so keep your umbrella around. I know right now throughout the area seeing rain and you might see it stop for a little bit this afternoon, but no, no, no, it's going to be sticking around even again this evening. Some storms could be as strongest marginally severe, possible hail and wind, and we all know what happens with road flooding when it rains here in our area. The good news, temperatures will be limited to the mid eighties this afternoon.
Speaker 5: Hey, we saw SpaceX.
Speaker 4: Launch it toninth starship test flight from Star based Texas yesterday. They were aiming to get closer to sending humans to Mars.
Speaker 5: That's the plan.
Speaker 4: But the rocket, the biggest ever built, took off at seven thirty seven PM. It reached space, but a fuel leak caused the upper stage to spin out of control and break apart over the ocean. Despite the failure, though, the company says the test is giving them useful data to improve future flights.
Speaker 5: I have a question for you. How are you feeling today?
Speaker 1: I feel pretty good?
Speaker 5: Fine?
Speaker 4: Right, that's what you say.
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 4: There's a new study that says the average American only feels fully healthy nineteen days a month, fully healthy like perfect?
Speaker 5: I could awesome?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 6: Great?
Speaker 1: Is fully healthy being fully rested?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: So can you be fully healthy and tired?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: Okaynd hand, yes.
Speaker 4: When are you ever fully healthy? I feel like, when do you wake up feeling fully rested?
Speaker 1: Ever it's tired and fatigue the same thing? Yes, okay? And then I'm fatigued a little bit. I'm fatigued a little every day.
Speaker 4: Are you moody every day?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you have digestive issues every day?
Speaker 4: All of these things, fatigue, mood changes, digestive issues, and headaches are things that might bring you down, causing you to not feel fully healthy.
Speaker 1: I might not even have nineteen days. Now that you mentioned all these things may.
Speaker 4: Kind of bummer, but I think we put the fatigue out of our minds. So if you think about everything else, you feel pretty good.
Speaker 3: Right the thing that I've chosen in life, because I've chosen this life correct, I don't sit around and complain to people.
Speaker 1: How tired of him all the time. Nobody wants to hear that.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 3: I can't stand that person that I'm so busy. Oh my god, I'm so busy. I got so many things going on. I'm so I'm so busy. It's like, well, that's your choice. It sounds like it's your choice that you've you know, you're busy person. If I sat around and bitched about how.
Speaker 15: Tired I was all the time, he do want to be your friend, Stop doing your dumb morning show exactly and sleep in exactly. I'm like, I don't want to stop doing my dumb show nineteen days.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to complain about being tired. But just so you know, every time you see me.
Speaker 5: I'm tired.
Speaker 1: I'm just not talking about it.
Speaker 5: Goness.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's talk about Tom Cruise because he's recordedly having serious talks about reviving a very popular character he played once in Tropic Thunder, the character less Grossman.
Speaker 5: M hmm, it was funny, right, people loved him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he it was in Tropic Thunder.
Speaker 5: Okay, and Alex, you're right.
Speaker 3: It was a small role in Tropic Thunder, but it was the thing that everybody talked about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from that movie, and then it was the MTV.
Speaker 3: Awards that Oh, Robert Base that's true too, that's true. But he did revive that character. Do you remember when Tom Cruise was at the MTV Awards and he danced with I think j Lo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he did all that. Yeah. Do we wanted a whole thing of it.
Speaker 5: That's the worry.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm trying to think of another small role character in a movie that I got a lead, Like the Minions started out as a secondary character and parents hate him evil.
Speaker 3: What was the movie Despicable Despicable Me? And then the Minions became larger than Despicable Me.
Speaker 1: That was annoying. Maybe this Grossman character, I think, But because it is Tom.
Speaker 5: Cruise, that's the singer, he will make it great.
Speaker 1: I don't think he can do something that's not great. At this point in the Church of scientology, won't let him fail.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, here we go. Hey, let's talk about Rick dieringher.
Speaker 1: Oh well, let me let me give you an intro.
Speaker 4: You don't want to play leader Chris. When he died on Memorial Day, he was seventy seven. No cause of death was announced, passed away in Florida with his wife by his side. He's best known for two songs, hang On Sloopy Yep. That was sixties sixty five it went number one, okay, and his solo classic rock hit rock and roll Pucci Kop.
Speaker 3: I don't associate him with the Sloopy song because he was a part of a band back then.
Speaker 1: I don't know McCoy's okay, So he was in that band. I'm sure he wrote the song.
Speaker 3: But when he went solo, this is Rick Darringer's signature song, except when you ask Alex.
Speaker 5: Alex, what's Rick Darringer's song this?
Speaker 1: You're a Patriot?
Speaker 5: This was whole Cogan's theme song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an American. I just don't believe you when you knew this Rick Darringer did this song. It's because I never made a playlist in your entire life. You're like, oh, what is that whole Cogan song. It says I'm a real American. I'm gonna make a Fourth of July playlist whose sings that? Oh? Rick Darringer, you just knew that for years?
Speaker 4: Had iPods? Yeah, that's what we had.
Speaker 1: Rock. I didn't know he did this song. I've always known this song, We've always played just know about I feel like you nothing about Rick ri d is what I called him?
Speaker 14: Rick?
Speaker 8: You did?
Speaker 1: I called him that. We all did, all the whole commaniacs called him Rick Nuts. You guys have had live Oh you're Canadians and you probably wouldn't have no real amazing. I'm real Canadian. You're like, oh, that's cross Canadian rag. I'm gonna fight you before the end of the show. Please that you won't astro. Last night, they blew out the Age eleven to one.
Speaker 7: Hose Al twov Homer twice in the game for the second time in two weeks.
Speaker 1: They're gonna play the A's again this afternoon.
Speaker 7: Lands the Colors will be on the mount for the shows going against the Athletics. Luis Severino first pitches at one ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister station Sports Talk seven ninety. In the NBA Playoffs, the Pacers beat the Nicks one thirty to one twenty one to take a three to one lead. In the Eastern Conference Finals and the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Oilers pushed the Stars to the brink of elimination, beating them four to one in Game four of the Western Conference Finals. In soccer, Houston dynad f C B on the road tonight They're gonna play New York City at Yankee Stadium. Kickoff is at six thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 14: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Right ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, brod Ryan Show, fourth and final hour. Where's the morning going?
Speaker 3: It is flying by, Thank you guys. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I know it's not optimal outside. We're all kind of getting through this together, and many more of you are chiming in. Okay, it's raining over here now. Okay, it's raining over here now. So yeah, we're all gonna get it. It's coming through.
Speaker 1: Just be safe. Out there on the roads, that's for sure. Okay. I hope none of you lose power today. That is still a mystery to me. It's nine oh seven.
Speaker 3: Number one link today is our wildcard Wednesday link. And then, believe it or not, the other big links are. People are still going back and checking out on the Buzzfest pictures from yesterday. That's fine, that's all but in play. If if it's up there on the world famous rod Ryan Show page, then okay, I'm just happy that you're looking at it.
Speaker 1: Can I mention that the rod Ryan.
Speaker 3: Show Cares store online all the merchandise, all that stuff, brand new T shirts and new koozies and hats and the coffee cup in there and lots of new stuff.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 3: We're raising money for backpacks. I know some kids aren't even out of school yet.
Speaker 1: Mine's not. Mine's got another week. But we're already. We're starting early this year, okay, because we need to raise more money.
Speaker 3: Why because the backpacks are more money, and the dude that we're buying the backpacks from is charging us more money now.
Speaker 1: It's just everything costs more. He's used to be twenty dollars backpacks. Well now they're like thirty dollars backpacks. So you can see I need to raise more money. So I know it's a big ask from you guys.
Speaker 3: There's a spot on there where you can just donate money if you don't need any more rod Ryan show t shirts and our wears and all that stuff. But there's some great new logos and great new designs in there. Alex designed one of the shirts.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Alex, I did thank you.
Speaker 3: It's mostly the same, correct high or low with your own personal consumption. The average US consumer eats twenty six burgers per year county restaurants, drive throughs, and other food service operations, including what you eat at home. Alex above or below twenty.
Speaker 17: Six burgers in a year, I'd probably say I'm slightly above a last Yeah, like, man, that's like that sounds like a good average.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm definitely below that. Meat is not my first choice. Roll your eyes at me.
Speaker 1: I know we are.
Speaker 5: Here's my husband.
Speaker 4: Allie eats meat, potatoes, ranch.
Speaker 1: Dressing, salad, queen over here.
Speaker 5: I love vegetables, chili more.
Speaker 1: Higher or lower. Twenty six is the average burger. It's it's National Hamburger Day. By the way, so we were talking about it above or below twenty six burgers above fool, yeah, fool fool. Really how many burgers in a year? Oh man? I know it's over fifty fifty burgers.
Speaker 4: A year, parly. Not a lot if you think about, like there's twelve months a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's some days where I eat like two burgers a day, right, I'm below are you? Yeah? Yeah, like two on Monday, so I had already halfway there. Basically I had one on Sunday, hot dog on Monday, and then leftovers yesterday. I had another burger yesterday. But yeah, there's no way. I definitely. It's not that I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like you don't want when you're grilling out though, like in the summer, are you making steaks?
Speaker 5: Are your chicken?
Speaker 6: Guy?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like chicken on their chicken. I do like I do like chicken on the grill. It's not for healthy reasons. That's grilled chicken is awesome.
Speaker 1: I thought i'd be eating more once I about the flat top.
Speaker 5: You haven't.
Speaker 1: I haven't eaten more.
Speaker 3: I thought i'd be eating more, you know, smash burgers and all of that stuff. But uh, twenty six burgers is the average kind thing.
Speaker 1: I don't like those smash burger like when they smashed the meat. What's the problem chili? Because you what me? Is it too well done for you?
Speaker 3: It's less me bro It's like those food I think because I'm not like a great depression.
Speaker 1: I'm not a medium rare burger. Guy.
Speaker 3: I like my burger cooked all the way through. The smash burger. The thing that is game changer for me is that little crispiness that it makes up now on the outside of it.
Speaker 1: Like that's what makes that smash burger. It seems like such a simple thing.
Speaker 3: We should have been making these things forever, but they've only become super popular in the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: I love them. I got to have a baking juicy paddy world.
Speaker 5: Oh about.
Speaker 1: I'll take a smash burger over a thick hamburger any day.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: So you like buns, uh, buns, tomatoes and mustard chillie, I thought you like the ones that red beans and rice. Didn't miss him. I thought you like buns too. Oh, I like bugs, but I like some meat with my buns. I got you, all.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, there are a bunch of deals out there.
Speaker 3: We have a link up. Just pay no mind to the people calling him chicken burgers.
Speaker 1: Pay no mind to that.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's a chicken sandwich and there's a hamburger. Those two things are completely different. Nobody in the history of burgers have called a chicken sandwich a chicken burger.
Speaker 1: But there are deals. USA today has probably got the best list of.
Speaker 3: Where you can get a bunch of deals. Everyone's gonna want you to download the app. Everyone's gonna watch you to be on their app and and have you taking part in their specials and all of that.
Speaker 1: Coming up, we're gonna talk about the most dangerous foods that are in your fridge. So I'm not done talking about food yet. If you're hungry, I'm sorry, but let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 4: Here, can I give away some Rev Loud Tour I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch Engage and Parkway Drive. They're gonna be in the Woodlands June twenty eighth coming up. Tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com or you can have them if your caller ten seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: You heard her The Rod.
Speaker 14: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 15: The bus.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody. I go over to the phones here.
Speaker 3: We promised you a great pair of tickets I will deliver. Hello, Hi, good morning, well, good morning to you.
Speaker 1: Who is this? My name is Diana. What part of town are you calling us from? Missouri City, Texas? What's the weather situation in most city?
Speaker 5: Oh it's a dark out there.
Speaker 4: It's coming down.
Speaker 1: It is coming down already.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, watch your flights if you're flying out today. I'm seeing the ground stop at one of the airports.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about that. Uh hey, Diana, your call her number ten?
Speaker 6: What up? Gay?
Speaker 5: Boom girl?
Speaker 7: All from my son Alex.
Speaker 1: This isn't even for me. So he's going to be like count Cloud nine right now?
Speaker 5: Money wakes up?
Speaker 4: Cool, he wakes up.
Speaker 1: On a second, Wait a minute, this kid's still sleeping. How old is this kid? He is twenty twenty years old.
Speaker 3: He's at home, he's sleeping, and you're on the radio tickets out here, winning tickets for him.
Speaker 1: Of course, that's what a mom does. Does he have a job, it never ends? Yes he does.
Speaker 4: Okay, job, he's got a job.
Speaker 1: There's no finish line, Alex to this parenting thing.
Speaker 4: There's no finish line, Diana, sweet mom, he's going to the Summer of Low two or twenty twenty five. I prevail fare tooth, kill, switch, engage and parkway drive in the Woodlands June twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Wake his ass up, telling me one tickets right now the phone. All right, all right, Diana, congratulations, And what's your son's name? His name is Alex. Alex is going to the show. All right, you're awesome, great mom, Diana, thank you. Hey, hang on for me.
Speaker 6: Online.
Speaker 11: Kid's Alex online ninety four five the muzz Alex.
Speaker 1: Your mom probably called the radio station win you tickets.
Speaker 13: She did not.
Speaker 1: They'll wake Alex up, let him sleep. I'll go win him tickets. I don't want. He needs his precious sleep.
Speaker 4: I'll go out there and win him tickets, and then I'll make him some pancakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fresh squeeze orange juice croissants. I know how you lived by My parents loved me. All right, what are you doing today for your AOL.
Speaker 7: Today you're gonna see how many of these famous singers you can name, be seeing pictures or lyrics from them, and you're gonna have to see how many of them you can get.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, pictures of those singers or lyrics pictures of the singers and then also sometimes lyrics depending on who the singer is. Starts off pretty easy. It's Freddy Mercury. Do you hear that is? That's yes, that is Krince.
Speaker 5: I believe sure. I didn't want to mess it up.
Speaker 7: We go check it out to see if you get one hundred percent at the world Famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz.
Speaker 1: That's a little feminine man. I don't know who, but he's very slight.
Speaker 6: This is a weird picture.
Speaker 3: It's a little hair, little bit of hair on his lip, really like a teenage hairy mustang.
Speaker 1: I can't Yeah, that's Prince.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Show on US.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on. It's jelly rolling. You need a favor getting nasty outside. It's gonna get worse more. Ring is all the way. It's gonna be a good trunk at the day. This afternoon eleven twelve o'clock just seems to be the worst of it.
Speaker 3: But even tonight thirty percent chance of rain, so it's gonna just kind of linger around mostly cloudy and scattered thunderstorms throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, that much, you know. Thank you. I appreciate a lot of you checking in from different air as a part of the town. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: I'm at the point now at my house.
Speaker 1: So I knew.
Speaker 3: I knew I was gonna be tired after Buzzfest, and I knew Saturday was going to be a marathon day.
Speaker 1: Not complaining.
Speaker 3: Love Saturday. Love Saturday. I don't complain about it because it's not swinging a hammer all day. But there's something exhaustive about Buzzfest, running around and just partying and all of that stuff. Sunday, I'm dead to the world. I just want to just chill out. So Friday I got I did my work on Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay. I made potato salad.
Speaker 5: Oh you've prepped.
Speaker 3: I made pasta salad, and I made the cool slow because that stuff all tastes better of the day after it does. So I made all that stuff on Friday. I knew I did not want to do anything when I got back to that because I stayed Saturday night.
Speaker 1: I stayed overnight in the woodland, and then Sunday nobody was allowed to come over I knew I was going to put some burgers on the grill, and I wanted everything prepped and ready to go.
Speaker 3: So the stuff that I made on Friday. And I have a problem when I make food. It's like I'm cooking like I'm in the army.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just made too much.
Speaker 5: A good problem.
Speaker 1: It's awful. I love it. You're like, I bought a bag of pasta. That's how big my salad was. I used the all bag and not half of them. I don't cook half a bag of pasta.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: That's so. I made it Friday. So Saturday was day one, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, we're five days removed. Okay, the pasta salad, I'm okay with. I think that potato salad's got to go?
Speaker 5: Is it mayday space?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course it's gone to the hard it's gotta be. It's gotta go today. These people that hang on to foods for a long period, it's wait.
Speaker 5: Are you just gonna toss it? Are you gonna at least try it first?
Speaker 1: I'm kind of potato salad out.
Speaker 4: You're done with that, Okay? If you've moved past day, I've had it every day but what about done with it? Me and Alex in chili.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could write in for us.
Speaker 5: Okay, why didn't you share?
Speaker 1: I don't know what you like. This is like carbs. Tessa would eat anything. Yes, I could bring her in anything and she would eat it. Okay, she wasn't picky. You told me one of your top three foods on this planet is salad.
Speaker 5: I love salad.
Speaker 1: That's thrown me off ever since you made that comments.
Speaker 4: Made potato salad, costa salad, and coal slow, which is a salad.
Speaker 3: But you're talking about rabbit food over there when you talk about sounds.
Speaker 4: Made three salads and didn't offer.
Speaker 5: Meet any of them.
Speaker 1: All right, next time, I'll bring you in some thank you.
Speaker 3: Consumer Reports just posted a list of the most dangerous foods that are in your refrigerator right now. Okay, okay, five day old potato salad number one on the list. I'm kidding, not on the list, not on the list.
Speaker 1: But but but I feel like we only have this conversation after Thanksgiving, and I think it's an important conversation to have when you're coming off of a holiday weekend. Maybe you know, because if you like me and you made too much there's still a couple hot dogs that are in a baggie.
Speaker 5: Those are fine in a in a you know, in a ziplock.
Speaker 1: Yes, and there's still I think because I had a Hamberger. I had a hammer for breakfast this morning. I mixed it with an egg. But I don't. I hate throwing food away.
Speaker 3: I hate throwing food away, but I will when it's reached its expiration date.
Speaker 1: I have no problem at all throwing it away.
Speaker 3: The top ten foods that are the most dangerous in your refrigerator right now, if they're if they're old, Deli meat is number one.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, Oh it's so slimy.
Speaker 1: It gets slimy, it gets slimy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no denying that I have.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 3: I have made I have checked the meat. I said, okay, so okay, I have made London the Turkey. I've made London the Turkey sandwich. Then I went back and I went, okay, I wouldn't eat this. I'm not sending her to school with this boom. I have made the sandwich and then thrown it away. That's how much I hate throwing food away. Deli meat number one. Eighty seven hospitalizations last year and ten deaths number two.
Speaker 1: Cucumbers Wait, why cucumbers?
Speaker 3: No deaths, but one hundred and seventy three people went to the hospital going bad.
Speaker 5: That was really a thing recently.
Speaker 3: Cucumbers Yeah, yeah, number outbreak Yeah, raw milk, raw cheese twenty nine people in the er.
Speaker 1: Uh, kotilla cheese, Yeah, kotilla hot cheese.
Speaker 3: And Queso Fresco two deaths, twenty three hospitalized. Cheese in general. Bad eggs eggs landed thirty four people in the hospital.
Speaker 5: When do we know the eggs are bad?
Speaker 1: Eggs? Do last a long time?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Do they smell?
Speaker 1: I go by the date that's on the carton.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's a date on the carton. Yes, what if you get them out of a chicken?
Speaker 1: There's not a car or not a date on a jell.
Speaker 5: How do I know when they're bad?
Speaker 1: Well, you're just wild for eating those anyways. I'm sure they're great. But the float or don't float?
Speaker 5: That's like a way to tell, are you serious?
Speaker 1: Onions one death, thirty four hosts vitalizations. It's gotta be built better, dude.
Speaker 3: Leafy greens one death. Thirty six people had to be treated organic carrots. One person died twenty in the hospital.
Speaker 5: Organic carrot.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know if this went bad, but that I'm gonna move carrots up to number two on my list.
Speaker 1: I've told you, if I go down in my house, no one's gonna be home.
Speaker 3: A baby carrot. A baby carrot's gonna take me out. A baby carrot will take me out. Now, listen, it's going to be a sad day when you guys are sitting around talking about that carrot that.
Speaker 1: Took me off. Oh my god, the guy said it on the air your food. I know, I couldn't chew a carrot.
Speaker 3: Pre cooked meat that includes things like pre made salads, frozen burritos.
Speaker 1: They tossed it on the list because the things but they get recalled a lot rod.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you about back in my day. I used to drink juice from a bathtub. Okay, what I'm fine is that in college thriving. Okay, but exactly, But was there ever clear in there that killed off all the bacteria? I also drink when we play beer pong, we drink from the cup, the cup and the pull ball. Yeah, Kate, the grounds like we're just built stronger.
Speaker 1: You just had a wire cut you're drying off. You do that and you wipe it off on your shirt.
Speaker 5: With your organic carrot.
Speaker 1: Some people have just never done that stuff. I'm telling you superior gens. Coming from someone that hates throwing away food, you just got to know when to cut you gotta cut that stuff loose, all right?
Speaker 5: So you're bringing the pastas al tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Okay, a couple of days. I'll tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Thanks The rod Ryan Show on nine.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Nirvana, Come as you are, rod Ryan's Show wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much for us spending a little time with us. Alex, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Certain are you a John Mullaney guy? You're my stand up guy? If I have any questions about stand up? Have you watching this thing on Netflix?
Speaker 1: Everybody's Live with John Mulaney. Have not gotten to it yet now, but he's got guests on and stuff like that. Is anybody talking about it? I see he's got a big right now.
Speaker 3: The first season finale Everybody's Live with John Mulaney on Netflix. Sean Penn, Fred Armison, uh, Sleader Kinney, He's I mean Sean Penn uh itself on that show is huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't heard you mention it at all, and I've not heard anybody mention it at all.
Speaker 7: No, we've been watching The Bear get ready for the new season, trying to catch up on that. And then there's another show with Tina Fey and Michael or Spell called Four Seasons on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Are you rewatching The Bear? Yeah, okay, because you watched it. You watched the three seasons. I just want to be fresh. A lot of stuff happens and you're like, oh, that's what that's when this happened. That's when Karmi did this to Guisen, and that's when Inside did this. I'd love to rewatch The Bear. Is it great? We watched the first three episodes of it. We restarted it last night. I was pretty high about it. I've never rewatched the show. I never re watched her since I met my wife, and she was like, this is what I do now. I was like, you're right, you do recall new things.
Speaker 3: So I'm not counting the Office because I know you're a maniac. He's seen The Office like nine ten times, all ten seasons. How many seasons?
Speaker 1: There's nine seasons, nine seasons. How many times do you think you have watched the nine seasons of the Office. I'm going to get that out of the way before I ask my question, Like just.
Speaker 7: It a binge where like I started it and then when all I all the way through it when it was on Netflix, it was at least like twelve thirteen times, but like.
Speaker 1: I watch it every day when I get home. And did you know this comedy's interest? Did you know that about any human being? Any show? I'm not. I am there's lots of people like me with The Office specifically.
Speaker 3: Okay, so outside of the Office, and now you're telling me that you just started to watch The Bear.
Speaker 1: What other shows have you rewatched?
Speaker 7: Like Stranger Things, We rewatched that, all of them to get ready for the next season. We try and watch it so you're ready when like you pick up Great and then Parks and rec was kind of like The Office for a while for me. That Brooklyn nine to nine was kind of like The Office for me for a while.
Speaker 1: We watch that over and over again.
Speaker 7: If it's a show that you really like, right to Jimstones, we watched we rewatched the whole series before the final season that we just watched. Especially if it's like a thirty minute episode that you can bang through a bunch of those, like you put the kid to bed. You're like, all right, we got what two hours, let's go through four episodes. Let's go real fast, like you can kind of bang out a couple episodes like that.
Speaker 1: That's good. Goals, that's awesome. I love languages. Rewatching shows. The thing that I would if I could choose, this would be a.
Speaker 3: Great poll question, like what show? Maybe I'll put this up on Facebook later. It was like one show that you wish you or you would want to go back and rewatch. It would be amazing to go rewatch Game of Thrones. I still think it's I mean, Band of Brothers is the best thing that's ever been on TV. Let's just get that out of the.
Speaker 7: Like sometimes I don't really want to go like the show Fargo, Like right, that got dark and I don't really want to rewatch that.
Speaker 1: But to sit down and rewatch Game of Throat, this would be amazing. That would be I can get in a game of towns. That would be the ultimate do it.
Speaker 4: Alex does it every day.
Speaker 1: It's not that difficult to do. Just as you're whining down, throwing on I don't want to be that annoying person. I'm so busy. I'm just so busy.
Speaker 5: I'm so busy watching TV.
Speaker 1: I'm busy shown when you come up with this time? All right, Hey, what are we giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 4: I've got a pair of tickets to see Bring Me the Horizon with Motionless and White. They're gonna be at the troy To Center September twenty sixth. Tickets on sale now at weata center dot com or if you know the show, we got to pair.
Speaker 5: Tickets for you.
Speaker 1: All Right, MO the show coming up after this Rock and Alternative use the.
Speaker 6: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Okay, guys, we got one last bit of business to get to. It's called Mo the Show. She's gonna ask you a question about something that we talked about today on the program. I feel like we talked about a little bit more than by Fast today on the show. That's good. So there's a lot to choose from, and we.
Speaker 4: Have tickets to see Bring Me the Horizon with Motionless and White Toyda Center, September twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: All Right, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Who did Alex P. Middleton say is the best Houston astro?
Speaker 1: He did say that on the air today.
Speaker 5: He claimed, one, God, I think it's inarguable. It's controversial.
Speaker 1: It's not. I know, I think it's inarguable. You think it's controversial, it is seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know Mo, Mo the show everywhere.
Speaker 9: You Lisa Station Identification, tell your smart device to play ninety four five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, ninety.
Speaker 1: Four five The Buzz Friend Jumpsuit Apparatus. Rob Ryan's Show Wildcat Wednesday addition coming to a close. But we've got to give away these tickets and then we'll wrap things up and we'll tell you what we're doing tomorrow. I know we got Metallica tickets Tomorrow. I'm going to have to ask Chili where he's gonna put those. But first let's do this Houston out time for Who's this show?
Speaker 11: On ninety four to five The.
Speaker 1: But La La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: La la la.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Good morning, Hello, who's this? This is Nate Hey, Nick? Where are you call him from? Schulenberg, Texas Schulenburg. What's the weather like? Uh, it's starting to clear up a little. It's clearing up. You already had brain, yes, sir, good job. All right, Nick, let's get you some great tickets before we get out of here today.
Speaker 4: It's the show that's MO right there, Honey, hey friend, question, who did Alex P. Middleton say is the best Houston astro hell Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Now you're right. You want to argue that, Nick? Or do you agree?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Whatever you feel. I think it's Craig Visia.
Speaker 5: I wish I had something else to give you because I just love fighting.
Speaker 1: I don't like Titus. All right, well you are the winners.
Speaker 4: Yes, a pair of TI gets to see Bring Me the Horizon with Motionless and White. They'll be here at the Tuda Center September twenty sixth Awesome.
Speaker 1: Nurse Human Country. All right, Nick, thanks for listening. Bro, have an awesome day.
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 1: Thanks all right?
Speaker 5: That made my whole day.
Speaker 3: I made MO watch a little bit of this of Tom Cruise dancing around to this song. So Tom Cruise is talking about bringing back his character that he portrayed in the movie Tropic Thunder and Alex thinks we don't need a whole movie with him, it would make it less special.
Speaker 1: Huh, I think night I'm not saying yeah, I don't know. I think I think I'm interested in it.
Speaker 3: I thought that character was so funny. But you're right, be careful what you wish for. Did you want like a Stiffler movie?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Like too much?
Speaker 3: Stiffler was not good. Yeah, you know, like you just he tried to be. He was over Stiffler and all the other movies, and then he never really got his own movie.
Speaker 1: W won hockey movie. It wasn't Stiffer, It wasn't Stiffler, but it was yeah, kind of just all right. I don't know. We got to get out of here. Norm made it win number five.
Speaker 3: He's Hall of Famer number six, fresh out of bed. Head to head, a little silly game we play every morning at six twenty.
Speaker 1: Had a chicken here trying to beat him. Try she was fresh fish right, she was good.
Speaker 3: Uh so Norm gets into the Hall of Fame. That means we start with two brand new players tomorrow. I know a lot of you have been waiting. Some of you that play on the RAG have not played yet. It's May twenty nine tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Waiting on some of you. I know they're waiting on Chili.
Speaker 5: I want to meet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're they're blaming that on chili somehow. Joseph, he was the guy that won don't be a pig today? Yeah, congratulations, he earned today's Metallica tickets.
Speaker 1: Now, speaking of Chile, who answers the phone all morning?
Speaker 6: Long?
Speaker 1: Test? Chillie?
Speaker 6: What time?
Speaker 3: What time are we giving away Metallica tickets tomorrow? You don't have to tell me how?
Speaker 1: Oh you know, I guess the how is already predetermined. Yeah, what time? Eighty on? Reading my lips the winner, Read my lips tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Wait, do I have to play tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, yeah, crap? Who won last week? King Alex? Oh Alex?
Speaker 4: So I have to play Alex, Alex and mo.
Speaker 1: Uh eight twenty tomorrow. Read my lips mo versus Alex for Metallica ticket. You don't want to lose Metallica ticket, don't.
Speaker 4: That's why I feel horrible.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, it's Metallic, It's always what we should go out with this every day.
Speaker 5: It makes me so happy.
Speaker 1: This is all right? Coming up, Jeremy non stop nooner, pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Guys, I'll go out with Ludicros every day.
Speaker 5: Can we just make sure it's this version because it makes me a little nervous.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I make sure this. Guys, Stay dry, stay cool, have an awesome, awesome Wednesday. We're back in twenty hours or yeah, we're on twenty hour break ams. Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 11: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.