Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: You might have heard Steve Gregory's report about the pending litigation against Sean P. Diddy Combs. He left out one important fact. He left out the part where I have been trying to tell you. Tawala's been trying to tell you that this was going to happen, that more people were going to be coming forward, And now more than a hundred victims or ledged victims have come forward, kind of just validating what we said that there were other people that are out there who are going to now tell their stories and then of course the judicial system will decide whether those.
Speaker 3: Claims have merit.
Speaker 2: But we were trying to tell you this was what was going to happen next and whether Sean P. Diddy Combs, whether he was innocent of everything. He would have to be innocent of everything, every single claim, every portion of every claim for him to actually be innocent.
Speaker 4: Disturbing new allegations of sexual misconduct against Shandy Combs, some of them involving children as young as nine years old.
Speaker 3: Nine years old.
Speaker 2: We tried to tell you, We tried to tell you that this was not about just freak off. This was not about six parties and after a concert or something at Diddy's mansion.
Speaker 3: It was something much more sinister, all the way criminal.
Speaker 4: Disturbing new allegations of sexual misconduct against Shan Didy Combs, some of them involving children as young as nine years old. A Houston attorney representing one hundred and twenty accusers says he expects lawsuits will be foullowed in the next month. Tony Buzby described the victims as sixty males and sixty females, including twenty five who were miners at the time of the alleged mist conduct. The attorney alleges the music mogul sexually abused a nine year old boy at an audition at Comb's Bad Boy Records in New York City. Busby says a fifteen year old was drugged at a party and in front of Combs was raped by other individuals. An attorney for Combs calls the allegations meritless and says the rapper denies any claims that he sexually abused anyone, including my nurse.
Speaker 2: Tried to tell you Tony Busby as reference in that story, had this to say, the biggest secret.
Speaker 5: In the entertainment industry that really wasn't a secret at all, has finally been.
Speaker 3: Revealed to the world.
Speaker 5: The wall of silence has now been broken and victims are coming forward. Our team has had at this point more than three thousand and two hundred and eighty five individuals contact us with people claiming people claiming.
Speaker 6: To have been victimized by Sean Combs.
Speaker 5: After vetting, we now represent one hundred and twenty individuals who intend to bring civil claims in civil court against Sean Diddy Combs. You should know in this group it is evenly divided between males and females. There's sixty males and sixty females who have joined us US to pursue these claims. As plainish, the victims are from more than twenty five states.
Speaker 6: Majority are from California, New York, Georgia, and Florida. When you talk about the ages and the victims from its conduct occurred, it's shocking. Her youngest victim at the time of the occurrence was nine years old. We have an individual who was fourteen years old, We have one who was fifteen. Twenty five of one hundred and twenty individuals who are plaintiffs in these cases were reminders at the time of the acts complained of them.
Speaker 2: We tried to tell you that there would be more and this was not unknown. People keep saying this was not unknown, And then the response has always been, well, why didn't they come forward sooner? Why didn't they say something then? Because there was a threat of violence, There was a real possibility that not only would they be harmed, but they would be killed and their family members would be harmed. It wasn't about worrying about, you know, what would happen to their career, someone trying to ruin their career, which was often what was said when we talked about me too. Through the lens of television and movies, Harvey Weinstein, he could ruin somebody's career. No one was talking about Harvey Weinstein dangling someone off a balcony or beating them up in their office and hitting them over the head with a telephone. No one was talking about the possibility of Harvey Weinstein, for example, blowing up somebody's car because they dated Cassie for a moment. It's all together different when you have someone who's so very powerful. And again this was pre social media, for the most part, there was no way to get out your story in any meaningful way. No one was just going to take your word for it and then run with that story. The whole world has changed in a media sense. The reason why the music Me Too took longer, and have to say this again is because the stakes were higher, The danger was more pernicious, the danger was more serious. Lives were impacted, lives could have been ended, and I'm quite sure all of these individuals were threatened at some point. And until we deal with that, you're not going to understand the difference or the reasons why one hundred and twenty people are coming forward now as opposed to nineteen ninety nine because it was under the threat of actual physical violence.
Speaker 7: I know, it's interesting that there are individuals who and I don't know if they've reached out to you, Mooh, but individuals who have reached out me to me through DMS and said, like, you know, while you were in the industry, how come you didn't speak out? And I would just say for myself, I, as a consenting adult, chose not to go to any after hour. I went to one mansion party just thinking at that time like, oh man, y'all's invited to this mansion party, bunch of rappers.
Speaker 3: I want to go check it out.
Speaker 7: After I saw what was happening, and at the time, what was offered to me as the party was winding down, like hey man, you want to take your pick here, and I'm like, nah, I'm going home. After that, I said to myself, you know what, I have sense enough for myself to say, I don't want to be a part of this all of the music industry, you know, conventions. I had sense enough to say, you know what, I'm going to leave this bar now because I know where this is going. But the lore and the attraction of the music industry, of the and there's lots of times this is the victims are individuals who want to be a part of and are looking at these big, heavyweight music moguls and entertainers, singers, rappers, producers and the like as being a way for them to become famous, and they're willing to do whatever it takes. And unfortunately that's the lore and the draw of being in entertainment, and what happens is they're victimized to a point that they could not even understand what was happening at the time, and this is what happens when they Just imagine you're nine years old and you are a this is all alleged, but at nine years old, just imagine going and meeting a music icon only to be sexually assaulted.
Speaker 2: And how do you process being sexually assaulted at nine years old? How do you communicate that to someone an adult, that X, Y or Z happened to you. And a common story that I would here is you have someone, let's say, who's nineteen twenty years old of age, an adult, and they meet someone the power of Puff Daddy at the time or p Diddy, someone who could make or break your careers, like you want to be in that person's presence. You want to do it. It's like Puffy's taken interest in me. He wants me to come hang out with him at his party at his house. And then all of a sudden, Oh, it's not what you thought was going to be. And then all of a sudden, and I do meet. All of a sudden, you realize that you've been drugged and things have.
Speaker 3: Happened to you. But who do you tell? Who's going to believe you? Now? To answer your questions talk, and I keep trying to remind people.
Speaker 2: I did what I could where I was, what I saw and could validate and verify. At the Grammys, the National Academy Recording, Arts and Sciences, I spoke out, I spoke to the LA Times. When it came to the books of the Grammys, I spoke to the FBI. I did what I could with what I had right where I was a lot of things that I saw in the music business. And I said this last night. You know, a lot of the music companies were just this side of the trade, and these are real killers, real killers. And it's not enough for me to say, hey, I think something happened to so and so.
Speaker 3: You're asking what I did.
Speaker 2: Are you saying that you would have done differently, because I don't know about you. I've had a gun put in my face, I've had my life threatened. And unless you are ready to actually confront that or deal with the reality of that. When we were talking about this last night, it was a common experience where you go to a recording studio or a record label and their guns everywhere. We had armed security twenty four to seven y because someone may come in and shoot up the place and are you saying are you actually going to really ask me? Or twalla, well, what did you do? Why did you do more? F oh fo capital h.
Speaker 7: I remember all of the condemnation I received when my station was leading the charge and trying to bring light to the charges that were levied against R. Kelly at the time, and at this time these were just allegations. There were no actual trench just allegations of what had happened, and us having individuals on the air, our Afternoon Drive personality, myself making a decision to back off of the music. These were things that at the time they said, you are literally throwing your career away for taking this stance on not supporting R Kelly at the height of his career, because this is what he was. I can fly R Kelly.
Speaker 2: I remember I had a column with euur web dot com and I was one of the lone voices, the lone voices who wrote out and wrote and spoke out against R. Kelly in his first child pornography case. And I caught a lot of hells like how dare you she was of age, she knew what she was doing. Victim blaming when it was not This was ten years pre Me Too movement. Okay, whatever that first case was, and I was one of the lone voices come him. Articles are still out there, and I caught hell for it, and so I really bristled when people say, why didn't you do more?
Speaker 3: No, I was the one doing more.
Speaker 2: You're one of the people who either weren't paying attention or didn't believe us. And then when we were trying to let you know this was going on, I have the receipts to prove it. So anyone wants to ask me what I didn't do more, you obviously weren't paying attention to let me just say one more time. Foh are y'all? Foh go ahead? Mark asked me what that means. I have some ideas. I have the concepts of an idea. It's Later with mo Kelly Camfie AO six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And as we talk about these streaming platforms, the different ones from Max to Amazon Prime to Disney Plus to Peacock Paramount, doesn't matter. There is one basic idea that I think we should all agree upon we keep the streaming services that we find value in.
Speaker 3: It's real simple.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to pay five ninety nine nine ninety nine twenty nine ninety nine for something that doesn't have any value, or I'm not going to pay the twenty nine ninety nine if I don't think that there is an equal amount of value in programming.
Speaker 3: Can we agree on that? Good? Okay, let's move forward.
Speaker 2: So when I see that CNN dot com is offering once again, because they've tried this before, subscription plans premium content. It ranges from two ninety nine a month to twenty nine ninety nine a year, and you would some people may argue, I'm sure Warner Brothers Discovery would argue, two ninety nine a month is not that much.
Speaker 3: No, it isn't.
Speaker 2: You should be able to afford two ninety nine a month. Yes I can, But do I want to spend three dollars a month on something, as far as I'm concerned, which doesn't offer any value? And when we talk about streaming platforms, it has to offer something that you want and that you can't have normally and justifies you paying money for it. Now we know that CNN is the lowest rated cable news network, So right there, the demand for the free programming is the lowest of the major cable networks. And now you want to say that's okay, we can go lower. We're going to ask you for money for content that you've already let us know over many years now that it's not something that you want even for free. We're going to ask you for money for something that you don't even want to see consistently for free.
Speaker 3: This is what CNN had to say. Quote.
Speaker 2: The hope is that these are our first, very early steps to building a direct to consumer business, and that's Alex McCallum, executive vice president of Digital Products and Services for CNN Worldwide. We want this to be a very robust business line that complements the affiliate revenue we have and our advertising revenue to be fair. And I say this as someone who's done at least one hundred CNN hits no exaggeration, so I kind of know how it goes on behind the scenes. To some level, CNN is not just what you see here. That's the domestic channel. When you turn on your cable news and you see CNN, that's called CNN Domestic, but if you've ever been at an airport around the country or around the world, you're most likely watching CNN International. If you watch the domestic channel after midnight West Coast time, it usually switches over to the CNN International feed. It's less opinion and editorial and more straight news. And CNN does have bureaus around the world, unlike Fox News which does not, and unlike NBC News which has bureaus, but it's not cable focused. CNN has content creating sources all around the world.
Speaker 3: So there is.
Speaker 2: Something theoretically which could be offered of value. But right now in America they are focusing obviously on CNN Domestic, and CNN Domestic has already tried.
Speaker 3: I think it was Mark what was it called CNN Plus or something like that.
Speaker 8: It was CNN Plus and it lasted exactly one month in twenty twenty two, from March twenty ninth to April twenty eighth, and even then.
Speaker 3: They had the news of bring it Over Chris Wallace.
Speaker 2: There was new content which they were offering as a carrot for people to sign up. But this what I'm seeing, there's not anything that they can even point to to say, Hey, you're gonna be getting this and this and that and this exclusive that, and we know you want that, but we're gonna make you paying for that. They can't even make the honest argument that this two ninety nine a month is justified.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's where you get the fact checking. You have to pature for that. Oh we all want that. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Now, according to CNN, CNN dot Com already has a robust user base that executives hope can be converted over time.
Speaker 3: Quote, we have this massive audience.
Speaker 2: Over one hundred and fifty million every month, and millions and millions of people come to us through CNN dot com many times a week, if not many times a day. The idea here is to take a product that already exists and add some more bottom to it. Well, you can't add more bottom if you're already the bottom. What does that mean add more bottom to it? It doesn't, it does, It defies, It defies logic. Now, I understand your job as a media company, especially if you're in digital marketing, is to create some sort of revenue stream. Any type of money that they can get for this, I would say, is basically free money because it doesn't seem like they're really putting out any money for new content. It's not like they're hiring new hosts. It's not like they're creating new shows like they did try with CNN Plus. It seems like they're just giving you added content, maybe behind the scenes content, maybe some video podcasts or some of the hosts, you know what I mean, Just kind of adding nibbling around the edges, but not doing anything extravagant or anything really special to justify you coming out of the pocket for two ninety nine to twenty ninety nine, two ninety nine a month or twenty nine ninety nine a year.
Speaker 3: And I get it.
Speaker 2: They're gonna make the argument, it's like, it's only two ninety nine. It's not that much. We all can afford two ninety nine a month. It's it's less than a Starbucks a cup of coffee, which it is. But I don't drink Starbucks and I and I'm very specific about where I spend my money. There's certain streaming platforms I don't have anymore. Why because there's no value in it for me.
Speaker 3: Either.
Speaker 2: I can get the content elsewhere, like on TV, like on Plex TV or some other platform which streams for free, or I can do without it all together, and unless CNN can demonstrate that there's a demand, I'll put it in other terms, Fox News, even though it's the number one rated cable news network by a lot for a long time, Fox Nation has never taken off, and that had different hosts, It had added programming, but people were not interested in that extra monetary layout for Fox esque sounding content which was inferior to the main channel. Fox Nation was not special and it has not done well. I don't know if it's even still around anymore that platform. I have to look it up. But if Fox Nation can't do it, why in the hell would CNN Plus the second Goal Round be anything.
Speaker 8: They really bet a lot on people being lured by the charisma and magnetism of Chris Wallace to CNN Plus, did they?
Speaker 3: He was supposed to be the basically the anchor for the whole platform.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't have any problem with him, but I sure wouldn't roll the dice on him to that degree.
Speaker 2: And since that was unsuccessful, and I would not blame Chris Wallace, I believe the whole rollout was flawed and faulty because I thought originally he was supposed to be on the broadcast network and all of a sudden he ended up on the digital platform.
Speaker 3: But if that didn't work, why would this work.
Speaker 2: And I know you have to generate revenue somehow, some way, but this seems like a failed proposition out the gate. If you're going to announce this, at least announce it with something that people might be interested in. It can't even tell me anything that I'm getting, which is supposed to be over and above better than new fangled anything.
Speaker 3: Connected to it.
Speaker 2: There's nothing new except you'll be able to get all of CNN's regularly scheduled content on the streaming site, plus some added extras.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you know what.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the offer, but I'll pass, and I think most people will pass.
Speaker 3: You're not going to get Mark Ronner's money.
Speaker 8: It seems to feel like I'm terribly cheap, especially when it comes to news product. They struggle to fill their schedule as it is. They're running recycled Bill Maher. They're recycling a show called The News Show, the comedy news Show from Britain. I forget the name of it, but with American stars in it. They don't know what to do with the time they have on their normal network. Why would I pay extra to watch them struggle to fill that?
Speaker 2: They say they're going to augment the offering with lifestyle content that might include projects in the vein of what Anthony Bourdain did, or a popular CNN personnel like doctor Sanjay Gupta did focusing on health.
Speaker 8: That doesn't sound like two ninety nine a month. Oh and the name of that show, by the way, was Have I Got News for You? The British version is really good. What was it called, Have I Got News for You? The British version? Yeah, it was the same title. Yeah, oh, okay, is it worth two ninety nine a month? The British version you can see for free on YouTube and there we go. I've been watching it for years that way, that's my point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know why, by the cow, when you can get the breast milk for my can'f I Am six forty we're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Caf I moch Keller. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And we found out today that John A. Must the TV writer turned Emmy nominated actor. He starred as James Evans on Good Times. You know, that iconic television theme. He was also the older version of Kuta Kinte in Roots Died That The news was released today that he died, but he died back on August twenty first, as it was reported of natural causes. And growing up, John Amos and my father were almost about the exact same age, and he was and my father were very similar the on screen persona of James Evans. The father and my father were about exactly the same. They were very, very very strict. They were very very very focused on making sure that their kids went to school. And he was a physical disciplinarian, and he put the fear of God in you. It was almost like an exact match. And to meet him later in life, John Amos said, is he was the nicest guy. He was the warmest person that you'd ever want to meet, very much unlike the type of character he played on Good Times. But for many people before there was Bill Cosby, especially in African American families, John Amos was America's dad. He was that archetype of a father who would do anything in everything to care for his family. And although I had all sorts of problems with the imagery and some of the messages and the character development of the Good Times characters, as far as the stereotypes, there were some things that I think you could draw upon as John Amos's James Evans was one of the stronger characters ever written in television, even though it was it was kind of a caricature on some level. But John Amos was an actor who back then was breaking down barriers. Some people were introduced to him through the Mary Tyler Moore Show. Maybe you were introduced him obviously through Good Times, which was a spin off of Maud. But he was a very versatile actor, and when I was working in my last job in radio, I had a chance to book him a few times and he would come in and talk to me. He was just he was wonderful to to be around. And depending on how old you are, you may not remember what a different time in America it was. In the nineteen seventies, shows like All in the Family, which led to the spinoff of the Jeffersons, and All in the Family, which led to Maud, which led to Good Times. All these Norman Lear shows were related on some level. But Good Times let me just play this clip for you, and this is from I think the third season of Good Times. Think about if this clip, this show, this content, this dialogue were used today.
Speaker 7: I went with Belona to one of those meetings where women talk about their problems, you know, all that.
Speaker 2: Silly talk about trying to better themselves.
Speaker 3: One of them women's groups PROD.
Speaker 9: I'm surprised that you're wasting your time at a crazy.
Speaker 3: Ladies meeting like that.
Speaker 9: Look at you sitting here bumping your gumbs when you ought to be in there making dinner.
Speaker 3: James, you asked me to sit down.
Speaker 9: I think you said he.
Speaker 3: Now, Well, there's one thing. I ain't got no patience with us women trying to push in and take over a man's job. James, that is not what women. I have to tell me, flord I see it every day. They're taking the food.
Speaker 2: Right out of my mouth. I think you said enough, Hey, woman's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: You don't tell me when to talk. See, you don't have been the one damn meeting right away?
Speaker 2: You flying in my face, James, That's not what it's all about.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you've.
Speaker 9: Been driving everybody crazy running around here.
Speaker 3: Now you're going in women's meetings. I'm gonna tell you something Uncle Ed used to say it. Maybe he was right.
Speaker 9: There's only two places a woman belonged to.
Speaker 2: James. Don't say it, kitten in the bedroom, fire the kitchen, in the bedroom.
Speaker 3: You're gonna say something I said, Ain't you gonna say something?
Speaker 9: Huh?
Speaker 3: It was a different time in America.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you that would not have gone over well today, and you would not have received even the fact of a of a studio audience. You would have not had that same type of reaction, even though it was a comedy. It was just a different time in America. And maybe you didn't know John Amos as far as good time, so maybe you're introduced to him more recently. And this goes back to our conversation last night about John Ashton and why you have sequels, because thanks again to Eddie Murphy, you had the sequel to come into America where we had one last look at not only James Earl Jones, but John Amos. And if you know anything about coming to America, you know this look seeing a McDonald's.
Speaker 9: People got just a little misunderstanding see they're McDonald's, I'm McDonald's. They got the Golden Archers minus the Golden Arts. I say they got the big Mac. I got the big make. We both got two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, and onions. But they use a sesame seed vine.
Speaker 3: My buns have no seats. We don't get a sequel to come into America.
Speaker 2: I think if we don't get that sequel, we're probably having a different conversation tonight saying, hey, all that time they're talking about doing a sequel, they missed the opportunity. We've lost James Earl Jones, we've lost John Amos. Match Sinclair, who played a Keem's mother is no longer here. You know, all those opportunities would have been gone and we would have never seen an update of those characters. Now wasn't great. It wasn't great. It was more nostalgia than anything. But for me, it was enough. It didn't need to be a theatrical release, but I got to see Khleil McDowell, John Amos's character one last time. Like we said last night, it was one last ride. Now we didn't get that with good times. They had the live versions, and also John Amos did play a part in one of the live versions.
Speaker 3: But sometimes you can't go back.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Estra role is gone, Janet Dubois is gone, Bookman's gone, Johnny Brown who played Bookman, So most of that cast is gone, with the exception of Thelma, Michael and JJ.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Wow, so many different roles that I appreciated. John amoson I thought he was great, and beast Master I thought he was great in die Hard two. I did not know he had still had the action chops in him because he was a football player and he was showing it.
Speaker 3: In Diehard too.
Speaker 7: Of course, mister McDowell is in all time great and so much of his career has influenced an impact in my life as far as entertaining and growing up watching Good Times. It was always that that that right there is what a father should be, as far as keeping his children in check in a community and where that is full of all types of struggle and strife, gangs and all that.
Speaker 3: I said to myself that right there is how you do it. That's my take.
Speaker 2: My favorite episode was when he took on mad Dog who shot JJ. He showed no fears like, look, I'm gonna protect my family at all costs. And despite the stereotypes, there were moments where you could see there were lessons to be gained. And if that's the enduring legacy of John Amos as an actor, then I'm satisfied. He gave us so much. And there was controversy surrounding the end of his life. There was a question of whether there was elder abuse. There were allegations made by his daughter against his son, Casey Amos, and if you've ever seen a picture of Casey Amios, he looks exactly like John Amos exactly, so there's no denying the relationship there.
Speaker 3: That will come out.
Speaker 2: There's a question of why it took more than a month for this information to be released to the public, but we'll find out soon enough. But we needed to make sure that we gave John Amos his due, as we did with John Ashton and also James Earl Jones and Chris Christofferson. It's been one hell of a month, let me tell you that, one hell of a month.
Speaker 7: This is feeling like twenty sixteen all over again.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And before we get out of here, just want to let you know about two other television offerings which are coming down the pike, and I wouldn't say the near future, but they're in development. We're big Reacher fans here, the prime video series Reacher.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 2: What if I said to you that there is a spin off already in the works on the side character Neely, the private investigator, who was really developed in season two of Reacher.
Speaker 8: Oh that's the that's the woman who was in the Inhuman the show out. Yes, yeah, I'd watch that.
Speaker 2: I'd watch it too, but with a caveat, I still would want a cameo from one of the two of the team, at least because you got to have Reacher himself show up well in the perfect world. But like in the way that Reacher brings in his friends along the way, well, Neely would bring in her friends along the way. They would help each other out. It wouldn't be always everyone coming to help out Reacher. You know, they would have to help out yourself. Fare Yeah, I doubt they would do that. I know he was the leader of the team, but still, you know, you would think that they'll be able to call on each other.
Speaker 3: But it's a series that I'd want to see. Absolutely.
Speaker 7: I'm looking forward to that one because that, to me, is a character that deserves their own series. And I think that she the actress, established herself as having a solid enough leading woman quality for a show. She's got the action chops, her action is realistic. I mean, she took some serious ass whippings, but the fight choreographer her was good. So it's not gonna be a bunch of her flipping you know, cher sized dudes through windows. We're not gonna say that she's she's brilliant, but how she she operates.
Speaker 3: But they also.
Speaker 2: Developed her character enough. You got enough of her backstory. You knew about her, her her it was her father that she was caring for.
Speaker 3: You knew more about her that you want to know more, as.
Speaker 2: Opposed to, oh, let's just give him a spin off where it's like, okay, then you have to start from square one where you don't know anything about them, and then you have to do everything that's expository where you don't have to do that. You've already told enough about the character where you have a sense of their world and where they came from. And how she ended up in Reacher's unit.
Speaker 3: That was wrong.
Speaker 8: The actress I was thinking of was Serendus Swan. No, No, she's gorgeous. The actress who played Neely is Maria Sten. She's frend Swan has enough going on Maria Sten's Danish.
Speaker 3: Yes, frenda Swan, she's m oh No.
Speaker 2: I follow her on Instagram? Yes that the right verb follow, Yes, follow nothing more. It's a social media term. It's not a euphemism. Follow her closely?
Speaker 3: Do you not? That closely?
Speaker 8: Frequently?
Speaker 2: Intensely had to make you weird?
Speaker 7: You find yourself exhausted at the end of a good following shoot.
Speaker 3: That's mother.
Speaker 2: One series in development I'm not looking forward to, And this is one where it's like why And I might be wrong.
Speaker 3: You may disagree with me.
Speaker 2: There are plans underway to get a robo cops series going. I don't have any desire to see a procedural robo cops show, robo cop law and Order. Like basically, it's like, you know, Adam twelve robo Cop.
Speaker 3: I just I don't see it.
Speaker 2: I don't think it lends itself to episode after episode after episode, especially if it's gonna be one of those shows where it's continuously about his family trying to figure out whether that's their dead husband, dead father who died on the job and has his memories of his family and now in the end of that he got it all back the family. It picks up supposedly after a RoboCop where you know, he's everyone knows who everyone is, and he's just going day to day living life as a robot policeman who can no longer love his wife or hang out with his kid anymore. So what happens when the wife moves on and starts dating someone else?
Speaker 3: Police brutality.
Speaker 8: They already had a robocops series back in the nineties.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it. Oh that was hot, tras, I didn't see it. I never watched it.
Speaker 8: But the problem with these things is that Paul vero Verhoven's RoboCop was satirical, just like his Starship Troopers was satirical, and a lot of people didn't get that it was set. It's kind of like people who watch Watchmen and they want to emulate Rose Shock. They don't realize he's really not a good guy.
Speaker 3: Not at all, not at all. Neither is the comedian.
Speaker 7: What's name is involved in this series. So that's why it has promise. Yeah, okay, well that's promising. That's that's promising. They say, is going to be exactly what it was supposed to have been when they try to do with the series in the first place. You know, he stepped away after the second movie. Uh, and then they did that ungodly third movie and they did the even worst series because he was away. He's like, I got the other stuff to do, but he's back on this. They've got to really they of course they always say that, but they've got a really good idea as far as to how to turn this into a series in the same vein as the first two movies.
Speaker 3: But we'll see, we'll see. No, we won't.
Speaker 2: No, you'll see, and you'll tell me about it, and then if there's enough momentum, then possibly I would watch it.
Speaker 3: But I'm not gonna watch it on my own.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't watch another RoboCop movie, much less a serious I wouldn't buy that.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't say, hey, wait, that's the other running Man.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's doesn't that original robo cop.
Speaker 3: Are you sure positive? Yes, it was a recurrent. It was a commercial which was played in Like the Liquor Store.
Speaker 2: When RoboCop came in and shout out the place trying to get this guy.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, yeah, yeah, he's like a sales character.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm getting my dystopian satires all mixed up for Hovian is eighty six now, and he's Dutch. And it's always interesting to me to see how foreigners satirize Americans with this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: They don't know that they're making fun of us. We don't know that they're making fun of us. No, we think it's righteous. We think it's badass. Yeah, it's RoboCop. He guys right.
Speaker 3: We knew that.
Speaker 2: We didn't need you to verify that Mark is frequently wrong. We don't need your help to verify the's wrong. He's always wrong. Man, Suddenly I'm against fact checking live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: If you already know what you want us to say, you're probably in the wrong place.
Speaker 8: K S.
Speaker 2: I'm k O S
Speaker 3: T H D Twos Angeles,