Speaker 1: Great to be with you on another nightcap here on seven hundred Wlody of the Reds on All Star Break, which means I get to talk to you. And some very special people guessed that I have chosen myself for this because they just sounded like something that a nightcap broadcast would air. And as we continue this evening speaking to George Lutz. George Lutz is a gold Star father and for most of us, you know what that means. Gold star father's, gold star mother's, gold star families. It means that they have lost one of their own while they were serving our country and defending our freedom. And George's story is unique. He has written a book that we will get into and talk about. Title is Tragedy to tribute one father's grief fuels a passionate journey to change the mindset of a nation. And I will say as we began, George, and by the way, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much. Gary. It's an honor to be with you today.
Speaker 1: This is all about and originated with the loss of your son, George Tony Lutz the second, who was killed in Fallujah, Iraq, in December of two thousand and five. So it's been almost twenty years now, and you know the first question I want to ask you, does the pain ever really go away when it comes to the loss of your son. Hence, almost twenty years now, my guest, my guest would be probably not, But.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, yeah, no, Gary, I will tell you that you know at this point, I mean, you know, a year later, five years later, ten years later, you know, it becomes a scab and it's something that you learn to deal with right and you know, anything can trigger it. Write a favorite song, you know, a color, a smell of finding another, a letter, or you know, anything that you know, going to a location where he might have been a high school. I mean, there's so many triggers that happened. And you know, this is twenty years for me. But I will tell you that I have met thousands of families now that have been going through it from every generation.
Speaker 2: And I will talk.
Speaker 3: To mothers who have lost their their sons in Vietnam, and it is something that is always on the edge, you know, every single day, because you know what happens. If I could paint this picture.
Speaker 2: For you, is that you know when you know, when you know.
Speaker 3: That you're not going to hear their voice again. And when they're not going to walk through that front door again, you know, the the memories, the new memories cease at that moment. Right, all you have is everything that came before that moment. And so the greatest fear of a family member is that they're going to forget what they look like, what they sounded like. And so you have to hold on to everything that came before. And that is the it's like being in purgatory, you know, in a sense, because you have to keep that top of mind all the time. Otherwise that greatest fear is that you forget them, and so it never goes away. You've and even the family member, like I have five children, and so the other children, right will often go, well, how come you know we're you know, we we have to keep talking about this, you know, you know, you know I'm right here, you know, love on me, And I go, yeah, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Never going to get another memory of your brother.
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, so go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, you go, that's good.
Speaker 1: That's a good place, all right. I didn't mean to. It's not about trying to pick that scab or bring the pain back for you. But uh, if you could a little bit tell me about Tony. Tell tell me about the boy that you raised and fathered and then decided to go into the military to serve our country. What was he like as a kid in high school and as he grew into a man.
Speaker 3: Well, Tony was always competitive, you know, he loved to be in there and be competitive athletically.
Speaker 2: You know, he began.
Speaker 3: Running you know, five k's and mile events back when he was eleven years old.
Speaker 2: Wow, and every every year.
Speaker 3: From when he was eleven, and you know he continued that running weekend after weekend. He played baseball in high school. He wasn't the best, but he always wanted to be out there competing, and you know, he became the captain of the team. He set the record in his high school. He went on to be the captain of his college team. And you know, always put himself out there. Very very friendly, very salesman like, you know, very gregarious. If you walked into a he walked into a room, you would know his name.
Speaker 2: When he left. Very extroverted.
Speaker 3: But the funny thing as a child, he didn't even talk until he was three years old because because his sister, who was two years older than him, did all the talking for him. So anything that Tony needed, she would tell you.
Speaker 2: That he needed.
Speaker 3: Right, Tony wants this, Tony needs this. And so at one point he ended up rebelling and I think coming out of his shell. And and so you know, fast forward nine to eleven happened. Tony was married, had a child, and decided that he had a skill set that would make.
Speaker 1: A difference eleven. Nine to eleven then was the catalyst.
Speaker 3: For nine to eleven, was the catalyst for so many and he wanted to join the army and he wanted to make a difference. He had a very unique skill set. He was a very you know, as I said, he had he had had a sales mentality, right, so he went into this job description called psychological operations, which was.
Speaker 2: A way of winning the enemy.
Speaker 3: Over psychologically right, trying to save lives without bombs, and and he was very very good at it. And so that that was him as a kid. He he always challenged himself. He always put himself others above himself. He was he was a man of faith, and you know, believe that God was always protecting him. The last conversation I had with Hungary was, hey, you know, be careful, and he said, you know, God is literally my shield, and what should you say to that?
Speaker 1: There's no answer for that. And he's dead on right, And I'm glad to know, as as someone who was also a believer, I'm glad to know that he had that in his life, in his being. And we know that he is gone to a place that we all aspire to go some day when our time on earth is done. He had a child, your grandchild who is now.
Speaker 3: He ended up having two children before he passed. And we had a boy and a girl three months old and three years old. And uh, so you know they're now, you know, in their twenties, right, and both in college actually both finished in.
Speaker 2: College, and very proud of them.
Speaker 3: And they've gone on to to have a great life, but didn't really know their father. And you know that's the tragedy of you know, having a dad gone too soon.
Speaker 1: How is his How is his wife? How does how did his wife? Uh and this is a stupid question, probably, but how did his wife handle this and deal with it? Because it's well, it's awfully hard for a father, for a spouse with young children, it's got to be incredibly difficult to wrap your head around this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, you know, you know she he was the love of her life. And uh, you know, as I say, uh, you know one that was very involved as a father and a husband, and you know, it was tragic, it was were horrific, and you know, luckily she was able to move closer to us and Tony's siblings and then she eventually remarried to an amazing man and has got a really solid life now.
Speaker 2: So it you know, things work out right.
Speaker 3: We go forward, we grieve, we learn to deal, and hopefully we make things positive for us.
Speaker 1: We're talking to George Lutz, the author of Tragedy to tribute. One father's grief fuels a passionate journey to change the mindset of a nation. And when you say change the mindset of a nation, a lot of things happened. A lot of things happened during nine to eleven to this country. We became closer as a nation, at least for a little while. We also had a greater respect for the men and women who volunteer to wear our uniforms and represent us and defend our freedom around the world world When they are called, uh, what is happened?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: Let me go ahead, please.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, let's let me let me uh.
Speaker 3: Jump off of that thought, because there's some very real statistics involved with that, some of which I just noticed myself.
Speaker 2: And you know have written about.
Speaker 3: But let's take that nine to eleven incident, when on nine to twelve we became the most patriotic nation.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 3: I know, right, you couldn't you couldn't find an American flag anywhere to buy because we just scooped them all up, and so we went into this this crazy patriotic mode for a very short time.
Speaker 2: So this is the way I envision it is that on nine.
Speaker 3: To twelve, we couldn't find an American flag. Everybody was patriotic. Three months later, those flags were fading a little bit, you know, six months later, those flags were tattered, and twelve months later there wasn't anybody flying the American flag.
Speaker 2: That wasn't flying it on nine to ten.
Speaker 3: So we quickly moved on because we didn't have any stake in the game. You know, we became very patriotic, and then we quickly you know, went back to where we were and moved on, you know, as everybody does in every situation, and so I realized, you know, when when my son died, that I was part of that apathy. You know, I was this typical American who flew an American flag. But you know, I wasn't any more patriotic than the next person. I wasn't thinking about sacrifice. I wasn't doing anything any more than anybody else was. You know, Memorial Day was a picnic.
Speaker 2: You know day to me.
Speaker 3: And so after he died, when I actually had skin in the game, I became the super patriot.
Speaker 2: Right. I got the biggest.
Speaker 3: Flag pole I could put in my yard, with the biggest flag I could put on it. And I think that that's the way most Americans are. You've heard the statistics that less than one percent of Americans are serving, right, there's a very few number of us that are actually enlisting and putting their names, you know, on the dotted line. Recently, I went to a conference of veterans of veterans, you know, appointed veterans in charge of veterans affairs and leadership in all fifty states, and I kind of unofficially pulled them and asked, well, how many people really are connected? Because I want to know what that universe looks like out there. And basically from got I got from a consensus of this group who represent veterans all over America, that it's probably about eight percent that actually include veterans, you know, include all of those who would be connected, you know, somehow to a military relationship.
Speaker 2: Eight percent.
Speaker 3: I mean that was you know, kind of an evangelistic number. And so I'm thinking, let's make it ten percent. That there's ninety percent of Americans who really don't get it right. You really don't understand.
Speaker 2: What sacrifice means.
Speaker 3: And I've seen some polls recently that show between fifty and eighty percent of Americans don't know what Memorial Day is for. So if you have over half the country who doesn't know what Memorial Day is for, and you have ninety percent of them who have no military connection, then there's a lot of education that we could be doing out there to make people recognize that two hundred and fifty years of freedom doesn't come without two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Years of sacrifice.
Speaker 3: And we need to be letting families know an American citizens know that there's men and women willing.
Speaker 2: To give their lives so that your.
Speaker 3: Family doesn't have to and the least that we can do is appreciate that. And how do we appreciate it?
Speaker 2: You know, I.
Speaker 3: Believe that the creation of the honor Or Member flag and my journey, which started after Tony's death, is probably the most public facing community effort to get everybody sending a message off the same page to every family in America who has ever lost someone in a way that says thank you. And this is why this mission that I'm on is so important.
Speaker 1: I believe it's very important too, especially right now. People keep on citing the fact that our nation's never been more divided on it like, well, wait a minute, we did fight a civil war and split up for about four and a half bloody years at which is where Memorial Day originated. So I don't know if if this nation is really that divided, but I I think you're right. I think the education of the nation about what sacrifice really means is the most important message that someone like you and anybody else who believes it can spread. That's very powerful. Two hundred and fifty years of freedom does not come without two hundred and fifty years of sacrifice. Now, well, military enrollment has been on the rise in the last six months, and I don't think that that's any real surprise seeing the you know, the the differences in commanders in chief that we have witnessed. Is there anything else while we have a few minutes, George Lutz, that you would like people listening to to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, So the Honor Member flag, we didn't you know, talking in detail about it. Really what the story is about, Gary, It's leaving a legacy of remembrance in this country that would unify this country in a way.
Speaker 2: That they've never seen before.
Speaker 3: A tangible symbol that I hoped would become one of the most recognizable symbols in America because we can't fly our US stars and stripes without the lives given right, so that sacrifice component.
Speaker 2: And so for the last.
Speaker 3: Eighteen years, I've been working on making this flag recognizable and getting it on flagpoles and getting it seen and so over the course of those years, this flag has been legislated in twenty nine states to be the official state symbol of remembrance. That's a well over half the country. We have a federal bill out there in the House of Representatives HR thirteen sixty three that would make this if if passed the official federal symbol of remembrance, and it's something that we are you know, diligently working on, you know, and those listening can be a part of that. You know, you're in the Ohio area, right the state of the state of of Ohio is not one of our twenty nine states. So if there's anybody listening that you know has any influence, you know, in the legislation there, you know, we would love to see Ohio. You know, Ohio lost thousands, you know, of sons and daughters over the years, and we would love to see Ohio on board. But there's so many things that are so important. If those listening have a flagpole, you know, at their home, at their business, at their church, you know, put an ID to Remember flag up there, and let's make a statement that hey, I do want to recognize those lives, and I want to send a message to those families.
Speaker 2: That I might not.
Speaker 3: Now, these are all important ways that they can get involved in sending this message and appreciating write their neighbors who have given loved ones for freedom's cause.
Speaker 1: George incredible. I just loved having you on the show. I'm glad that we decided to do this and thank you for your time and great success with your mission and with the book.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, you know, tragedy toottribute, dot org or honor and remember dot org is where they can find out more and we would love everyone's support.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the time.
Speaker 1: Gary, you Bet, thank you, sir. As I mentioned before the break, if you're a parent or a grandparent, or you're a young person and you're coming up in this crazy world in which we live, this is an important conversation I think to have for people to understand and point to another very important conversation or podcast that's occurring tomorrow afternoon at four o'clock, and we'll tell you how to sign up for that. As we continue with our discussion, we have Bill McGrain of McGrain Global Centers and Jim Twoman of Jim Twuman and Associates. And let me just first say that both of these gentlemen have a long and successful career and talking to youth and talking to the people who are raising our next generation, and I want to welcome you both to the program. First, all right, Hi, Bill, Hi Jay, Hi.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Well.
Speaker 1: First and foremost, let's talk about your history. Bill, I was looking at some of the material you sent me, and you said you started doing this kind of speaking at the age of sixteen.
Speaker 4: Yes, so how so.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: My parents started the McGrain Institute, and I grew up around it, thinking that most people knew these things.
Speaker 2: That I took for granted.
Speaker 5: And then I discover that God gave me a unique gift to know how to help people get from where they are to live they want to be. So I developed a program. I did research on what are the needs of young people, and out of that came a class that we have now been doing called Get High in Life with Self Esteem. It's been done thousands of times and school systems and church ministries and public school systems and.
Speaker 4: Literally around the world.
Speaker 5: And what we discovered is that many children are unhappy. They're depressed, they're abused, they don't like school, they feel left out and bullied, and they oftentimes are feeling shut down. They seem disinterested, and oftentimes they're suicidal. And so you never know how the death of someone can impact your life. One of our graduates by the name of Michael Wickett, a very famous speaker who died about three weeks ago or so. I was in Michigan for the funeral, and I met Jim Tuman, who I've heard about through Michael Wickett for many years, but we've never met each other. And so through a funeral. You know, God uses great things in many ways. We don't realize the.
Speaker 3: Impact that can happen.
Speaker 5: So as I was there in meeting Jim Tuman, who's literally spoken to millions of people and young people around the world. He'll talk in just a minute. But when we met each other, we found the common denominator, which then caused us to want to help more parents, more people, to influence young people, whether it's a school system or just young people themselves, to equip them for life. And so Jim and I decided that we're going to do this webinar tomorrow, July the sixteenth and four pm Eastern, And that's what got us connected.
Speaker 1: All right, Jim, for your for your part of Jim Tioman and Associates, you were involved and started something called Jimmy's Kids. Talk to me about that a little bit if you.
Speaker 6: Would, well, let me back up a little bit. Jimmy's Kids is my charity that is in its thirty seventh year and we've served you know, indigen families and youth of risk and everything. Now we've reached a milestone of half a million that we reach and we have spread this and everything. But my work as a speaker started when I went on my mission. I'm a product of three suicide attempts in high school. I was at the wealthiest high school in the country, Starsdale, New York, and I attempted to take.
Speaker 2: My life three times.
Speaker 6: And I realized the loneliness of kids and how difficult it is for kids to connect, and kids only what they want to be is that they want they want people to not just care about them, but they want people, you know, to accept them and especially their friends.
Speaker 2: So I went on a journey.
Speaker 6: I've spoken to.
Speaker 3: Two million, two million.
Speaker 6: Kids in more than two thousand schools in every state and eleven foreign countries. I've been honored by you know, about fifty or more you know, uh, you know, between presidents and senators and world leaders. And I have the tbspity documentary on my life. I was on OPRAH and Good Morning America and The Today Show, and the list goes on.
Speaker 3: But I.
Speaker 6: Wanted so much to see suicide you know, you know, be in the back back burner, and it was swept under the carpet when I first started, and now it's the number one killer of kids. And so we have by not talking about it, which is so important for Bill and I, by not talking about it, by not trying to give answers to people who are struggling with their children. And we want people to have answers. We want people to know the signs. We want people to not you know, not be in the dark about this because kids these days are great masters. They they go up into their room, they close the door, and that's the last parent see of them.
Speaker 7: Most most days.
Speaker 6: And I have been I have built this ability to connect with kids, and my programs are very emotional and it's I have been very proud of the successes that we have had over the years and given the fact that you know, we're still out there. And also I worked with school shooting and I came back from Columbine, which was really the first major school.
Speaker 3: Shooting, yes, and a reporter asked me, is this.
Speaker 6: Going to be a one and done And I said no, I said, this is going to be the beginning of an onslaught. And I didn't want to be right, and unfortunately That's what exactly what's happened. Because the kids at Columbine were being picked on, they were being bullied, and they felt that the only way to turn this thing around was to do it violently, and that set off this old you know series that we are living with today and scared to death.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this, gentlemen, and you point out Columbine in the school shootings, and how we've obviously since that time in the mid nineties, have seen an onslaught of those around the country. We growing up as I did, and you know, as a kid and a young kid in the nineteen sixties in nineteen seventies, we experienced I experienced bullying all the time. But the last thing I thought of was, you know, going bringing a gun in, shooting my classmates or my teachers. What changed do you think from from that point?
Speaker 6: I mean I could I could tell you what really changed. What changed was now, give me a perfect example, when most of us were in school and somebody said to you, you look back and you you you didn't get into a retaliatory situation. You just felt sad, or you felt not accepted or whatever. In the bigger picture. You know, now with social media, people could reach you without you even knowing who it is and destroy your life. And so people get angrier and angry or and angry. And people are living with a volcanic mindset and when they explode, that's what they do to retaliate. And it's an unfortunate way. But we we have a climate that is, you know, filled with a lot of hate and you know, and that has created a lot of the thought processes, you know, and I'm a big proponent of because when the shootings happen, you know, most people want to know the motive. I want to know what the climate is in their particular you know, situation, so that you can understand what they're dealing with.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You mentioned suicide the leading cause, but according to even the CDC figures that I pulled up, suicide is the second leading cause of death for individuals age ten to thirty four in the United States, and for those age ten to twenty four, suicide accounts for fifteen percent of all suicides, which just as astounding. In twenty twenty three, according to the CDC's Youth Risk Behavior Survey, more than twenty percent of high school students reportedly seriously considered suicide in the past year, and nine point five percent reported attempting that suicide. That's just shocking. Well, whether it's the leading cause or the second leading cause among youth and America, it just it blows my mind. And you're right, it's not talked about enough, and you can't look at just environmental factors. You know, during in twenty twenty two, the suicide rate was slightly down, which surprised me because we were in the middle of the COVID pandemic when isolation was at its highest and people were relying on social media and whatever to connect with people. And I would have think that, you know, people want to blame COVID, or people want to blame people who are still blaming COVID for society's ills, and I think that's a little bit too easy. They don't want to get to the root of the real problem. Am I right on that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: I think one of the things that happens is that many parents want to be friends to their children instead of to be parents.
Speaker 3: And so we've seen in our society.
Speaker 5: Today where young people are not being prepared for life. And that's what Jim and I are really all about, is solutions to the problems because it's easy to talk about the problems, it's more challenging to find as solutions. And that's how come we're doing this webinar tomorrow is to give people the tools to understand what they can do as an individual, as a parent, as a school advisor, anyone involved in helping young people, including young people, because until we get to the solution, it's all just more conversation. And that's what we're so passionate about is changing that circumstance around. When parents take their responsibility, when leaders take their responsibility, and we prepare young people for life, then those solutions to commit suicide aren't even a consideration because they've been prepared for it. You know, my parents had a very simple thing that they taught us, and that is talk about issues with their children before their issues, because when they're issues, they're not going to listen to you. But if you prepare them in advance, knowing what's going to come, it's going to make a huge difference in the way they behave and how they turn out as adults.
Speaker 1: So it starts very very early with this. And you know, you, gentlemen, you both know as well as I do that We have a large problem with kids who don't have active parents, or maybe they're only one parent or the home, or that there's no You see it all the time in certain communities where there's just no parent there. What do we do about that?
Speaker 8: Well, we need to get We need to get and I spent my entire career, you know, listening to kids' voices.
Speaker 6: We need to hear from the source. Just get experts you know that you know, virtually talk about you know, what their theory is. We need to hear the source of kids. And kids have been you know, maligned in terms of having a voice. And I remember at the Parkland and you know in Florida. Yeah, there were all these kids that wanted to turn around and help you know, deal with the.
Speaker 4: Gun laws, or deal with you know, meeting.
Speaker 6: With legislators, or just have their voice you know heard, and they got they got so torn by so many people, and they parts of them gave up. There's a couple that still are out and you know, talking about this. But kids' voices were you know, for me, the greatest opportunity to get understanding of what they deal with.
Speaker 2: And how they deal with this.
Speaker 6: I once did a radio show where I shifted you know, the both situations. I had kids be the moderator and parents pulling, so I shifted it from you know, some experts made the kids the moderates and it was so successful, went on for years and parents got so much information that they didn't know because, as they said, kids are great at masking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, uh, get High on Life with Self Esteem? Bill, Uh, that's that's your your pet project. President of the Green Global Centers, Jim Twoman and associates, and tell me about We have just a I'm sorry, a minuscule of time left here, so Bill, tell me again where people can find the podcast tomorrow at four o'clock. If they're interested in finding some answers to help their kids and help the next generation.
Speaker 5: Sure, so, they can go to McGrain dot com forward slash g h o L, which stands for Get High on Life. It's mc g r n E dot com forward slash g h o L and there they can find out about the webinar the podcast it's going to be happening Wednesday, July sixteenth at four pm Eastern time, yep. And they can also find out about the Get High in Life youth program that's going to be happening on Monday, July twenty first in College in Cold Springs, Kentucky. They can also call for information at eight five nine four six two seventy nine to nine.
Speaker 4: Again that's McGrain.
Speaker 5: Dot com forward slash g h O L.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you gentlemen so much. I think it's very important what you're doing, and it's something that we need to address because these people are gonna be us someday and we want to make sure that they've got a good, solid foundation for the rest of their lives. It's so so crucial. Thank you again to both of.
Speaker 6: You and Bill and I hope that what we share will save a light.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much, gentlemen. The Nightcap continues. We will switch gears. kN Silva will be on to talk about Oklahoma City, Yeah that thirty years ago and more on the Nightcap. Welcome back to the Nightcap on seven hundred W LW Garry Jeff Walker on this Tuesday night, the All Star Break on the Reds back in action on Friday night. Last Saturday evening on a special Nightcap, I had my friend Matt Monning on, who is very well aware with events that led up to April of nineteen ninety five, the Oklahoma City bombing, still to this day the deadliest domestic terrorist act so called in America's history, at the Alfred pim Or a federal building in Oklahoma City. And for those of us who are around and cognizant of the news back then, you remember it, perhaps, But it was a riveting conversation and it opened my eyes to a lot of things that a lot of Americans either don't know or don't believe or can't believe about our intelligence agencies, people that we pay taxpayer dollars being involved at a level in what led up to the bombing and the aftermath and cover up of what actually happened and why it happened. That I just, man, it's frightening to me, and perhaps you will find it such. But Matt directed me to a man named Ken Silva, who was a writer. He is the editor of Headline USA, and he has worked closely with a man named Jesse Trinidou over the years. He's written several articles on this subject, and I thought it'd be great to have him on for a little bit fuller explanation in the time that we have. So Ken Silva. Welcome to the show. How are you.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm doing well. I'm looking forward to this conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So let's go back to April of nineteen ninety five. Timothy McVeigh later being we're being told as the lone bomber the domestic terry with an accomplised named Terry Nichols, who is still alive and still in prison. But we were told at the time from news reports, as I remember, about a John Doe number two that was seen get out of the van with Timothy McVeigh on that fateful day, and then later on they said, no, there's no there's no John Doe number two, But there actually was. I'm told, can you explain to me why Jesse Trenid has been so active over the last thirty years and will not let the federal government go on this issue? Ken?
Speaker 2: Sure? Sure?
Speaker 9: So yeah, as you say, John Do two definitely existed, And we know this because there were at least twenty two eyewitnesses who saw him with McVeigh on the morning of April nineteenth. Those witnesses were used to make a composite sketches of McVay and John Do two. They're used to identify McVeigh. But then once the DOJ decided that, well, you know, this is getting too complicated, we want to pin it solely on McVay, they didn't call any of those witnesses for mcveigh's trial. Instead, they just called, you know, mostly of victims who described, you know, what a devastating attack it was, but they didn't really have a witness testimony. So you asked why Jesse Trenidou cares about this so much. And we believe that Jesse's brother, who was murdered in prison in ninety five, there's a confluence of evidence that suggests that he was killed in a mistaken a case of mistaken identity. They possibly thought he was John do two or another one of mcveigh's accomplices. And as you said, Jesse's been suing the FBI and the DOJ for nearly thirty years now for records that would prove him correct. And the latest story I wrote for the Federalists a couple months ago is about how Trump's DOJ continues to stonewall him on this. There was actually, i think the Deputy Attorney General at the time, a guy named Jacob Roth, personally opposed a motion to an unsealed deposition by an FBI and foremant who saw McVeigh and the run up to the attacks. So, yeah, thirty years later and the cover up continues.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, it's not that astounding that the cover up would continue by these official You know, I thought we were going to get more transparency during the Trump administration. That's what we were all led to believe. It's what I voted for, part of what I voted for anyway, from the FBI and the DOJ on Jeffrey Epstein, on JFK, RFK, MLK, and yet crickets so far, And it's been a big point of contention just in the last week or so, and arguments have ensued from Dan Bongino and a riff with Pam Bondy who's the new Attorney General, about the Epstein files, when she stated clearly she had the file on her desk and we were going to know as soon as they could unseal all of that and we'd have the client list, and yet nothing. But it doesn't surprise me because many of us are still waiting more than sixty years to find out what really happened in Dallas and d Lee Plaza November twenty second, nineteen sixty three, with the assassination of John F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy.
Speaker 1: I mean, it just seems like they've got a great, big track record history all along the last sixty years or plus of not being forward with the American people, and I wonder why that is.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 9: Trump's response about the Epstein scandal was particularly troubling. He's, you know, kind of lashed out at a reporter and saying, why are you still asking me about this? Epstein's been dead for over five years now, but there are hundreds and hundreds of victims who are totally unaccounted for. And we know this because the DOJ issued a memo saying Epstein didn't black mail anybody, he didn't have any clients, and he definitely killed himself. That same memo discloses that he had over one thousand victims, which is very telling because in all the civil lawsuits and all the settlements, there are only about two hundred victims who collect it. So where are these missing eight hundred victims? And if Trump doesn't care about this, then it's particularly telling for not very hopeful for OKC, which is, you know, twenty five years older than the Epstein scandal, and I'm wondering what he make a similar comment, like, oh, those nineteen dead babies from the dead daycare. Nobody cares about that because it happened so long ago. That certainly seems to be the attitude coming from the administration.
Speaker 1: But it's not just the attitude of this administration, which we hoped and I voted for, would be different than the ones that had come before. I mean, President Trump has been pretty good about his track record up to that point about keeping campaign promises. Why this one is it because he may be afraid that the same people who got to John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King Junior are going to get to him. I mean, we're worried about Iranian death squads targeting the president. What about from within? What's what's the real danger from within from these clandestine intelligence agencies. That's what boggles my mind and frightens me.
Speaker 9: Well, I certainly think you might be onto something there. I've never seen Trump mishandle an issue this badly. I mean, he he kind of ticks off the left all the time, but usually, you know, even Operation Warp Speed, he didn't really get into too much trouble.
Speaker 2: With his base.
Speaker 9: But now you know, they're not having it, and he seems to be doubling down, which does raise questions. You know, who is he trying to protect? You know, Trump's name has been associated with Epstein for decades. He kind of famously kicked Epstein out.
Speaker 2: Of mar A Lago.
Speaker 9: I think this was around maybe two thousand and eight because Epstein was hitting on somebody else's daughter. They're according to the journalist Michael Wolfs, Epstein believed that Trump was actually the one to report him to the FEDS in the first place in two thousand and five for like a petty reason. Apparently Epstein bought a mansion out from others under Trump, and they've actually kind of been butting heads for years leading up to Epstein's death. And so, you know, why is Trump doing this? I don't know, but you know, the facts are the facts. There's eight over eight hundred victims who are unaccounted for, and I don't really care what his excuses. We need total disclosure.
Speaker 1: Right, Let's get back to Jesse trying to do as you said, He's been battling the government, the FBI, the DOJ, in court now for almost thirty years, and he has won, he has won some court cases against them, and they were supposed to disclose the information that they had and it's been coming in little drips and drops and not what the judge ordered as far as the disclosure disclosure there. What can you tell me about that, Ken Silba?
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I heard Officer Moni talk about this on Saturday night and he really hit the nail on the head in terms of the DOJ just trying to wait out Jesse, who I think might be eighty years old now. So he initially sued the DOJ for surveillance footage of the bombing. I think this is like two thousand and five. He initially files the lawsuit. The case drags on for years. The FBI, Secret Service DOJ all says that no footage the bombing exists, but they're contradicted by numerous records, including a Secret Service timeline that talks about you know, quote unsub one in unsubbed two leave the rider truck. That's unidentified subjects. So there's two people in the Secret Service records. There was an FBI agent who actually reportedly tried to sell footage of the bombing to a local news station. He wound up being investigated. All that stuff got buried. We don't know whatever happened to that, but there's hundreds and hundreds of records suggesting that the surveillance footage is real.
Speaker 7: This case goes to.
Speaker 9: Trial in twenty fourteen, the only FOIA case in my knowledge to ever actually go to trial, because usually if the FBI says we don't have records, the judge just accepts that as backed and tosses the case. So they have the trial, and one of Trinideu's witnesses is this FBI informant who says that he saw McVeigh with another kind of mysterious figure who's hooked up with intelligence agency's name Andrea Strassmeier. The FBI informant saw mcvahan Strassmeyer together and the lead up to the bombing. He's about to testify about all this for trying to do, except he backs out on the night before. He tells Jesse that, well, the FBI is threatening me, saying, if you testify, you're going to wind up another homeless Vietnam veteran. We're going to make sure you lose your VA benefits. We're going to ruin your life. So he backs out and Jesse files a witness tampering complaint, and to the judge's credit, the judge appointed a separate judge who's referred to as a Special Master to investigate these witness tampering allegations. And that's what's been going on behind closed doors for the last ten years. This is a ten year you're running investigation into the FBI, threatening the witness, and there's gag orders on all parties. That's all the proceedings are taking place behind closed doors. So we don't really know what's going on, other than to say this is like the most astounding Foyer case in the history of the country, and it's just a huge scandal is brewing.
Speaker 1: So Jesse truly believes that his brother was murdered in prison because they thought he was John Doe number two and they didn't need that extra collateral witness to what really occurred that day and what led up to the Oklahoma City bombing. I mean, what's the point as Matt was alluding to he said that Kenny try to do Jesse's brother. They actually tried to say that he killed himself too, when he was obviously murdered. What do you know about that? Ken?
Speaker 2: H oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean people whould go to Kenneth trynado dot com and see the picture of Kenneth's body. He was clearly tortured to death. I think he has even has bruises on like the soles of his feet. I think he even like injected him with caffeine to heightened pain.
Speaker 2: Really egregious stuff.
Speaker 9: And Jesse won a million dollar judgment for I think wrongful death and that kind of just angered him further and he used a lot of that capital to fund these lawsuits that he's been pursuing for the last twenty years. Why did they murdered Kenny because they thought he was involved? Yeah, they could have been tying up loose ends. They they could have. It could have been an interrogation gone wrong. Those A similar case happened in your parts in the Cincinnati area, a guy named Richard Lee Guthrie who was also tied to the Aryan bank robbers and McVeigh. He was telling people that he was going to blow the lid off of Oklahoma City and give an interview to the La Times. And he also was found in I think Covington Kentucky prison supposedly committed suicide. So many such cases when it comes to Oklahoma City and other of these strange, you know, deep state conspiracy type issues.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey Epstein's body was not from from what I understand, not conducive with the suicide either. This seems to be a common thread that runs through and might involve the FBI and CIA or some other like I said, darker intelligence agency working within the United States federal government. Your thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 9: The the New York Medical Examiner ruled Epstein's death as a suicide, but they hire the family hired a separate examiner to conduct his own autopsy, and he found that Epstein had three broken bones. I think that suggest that somebody actually strangled and the death apparently these types of bone breaks are very rare if you just hang yourself. And also if you look at the prison photos, apparently Epstein's body was found in a seated position and the noose was tied to his neck and to the top bunk of his bed. And they're claiming that he just sat down and his butt was like an inch off the floor, and so he wasn't like hanging from the ceiling. He just sat down and went to sleep. And I don't think anybody but you'd have to be a pretty tough guy to be able to kill yourself that way, to not just get up as soon as you start, you know, panicking and grasping for air.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ken, tell me about Headline USA. People can find you there is that, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, HEADLINEUSA dot com. That's we've got all of what we just discussed, cutting edge reports, Jeffrey Epstein, the Oklahoma City bombing. We've also working on a number of big projects as far as it goes with the Trump assassination attempts.
Speaker 1: All right, you know what. Let's well, yeah, we didn't even get into that. Yeah, well, we'll save that for another time. I do have some opportunities coming up, and we'll get together and see if you can be available again. Thanks to Ken Silva from Headline USA. A follow up to last Saturday Night and still no answers. Hopefully we'll find them along the way somewhere up Next, we change gears a little bit old radio. Rick Washburn will join us to talk about the late Madman months as we roll along on this night cap on this Tuesday, July fifteenth, twenty twenty five, we flashed back with our friend old Radio Rick. It's more great American history on the radio and consumer electronics and TV and one of the pioneers of that explored a few weeks ago, my friend Rick Washburn, Old Radio. Rick had reference to guy named mad Man Months and I kind of vaguely remember the name as someone who's always been fascinated by TV and radio. And Rick said, you know, we had to do some digging into the mad Man sometimes about what an amazingly crazy and creative career he had and was a real pioneer in many ways. So, with no further ado, you old Radio Rick himself. How you doing, Ricky? Hey, I'm doing awesome. Thanks for having me, No, no, thanks for being had as always. Now, how how did we get to talking about mad Men Months in the first place? On sad morning, I forget.
Speaker 10: Well, it was because I referenced a radio that had very minimal parts in it and suggested, oh my gosh, this reminded me of a month's TV. But that's getting a little ahead of myself, and I won't droven on too much with this, but as you said, this is Earl William Muntz who was born in January third, nineteen fourteen, and he started out selling used cars, and I love this story. He opened his first car lot in Elgin, Illinois. He started with only a five hundred dollars credit line of credit, which today's about twelve grand. And he was only twenty years old. So every time he sold a car, his mom had to come and sign all the paperwork.
Speaker 7: In the thirty ye had to pay twenty one.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. He's selling somebody a car and his mom, I sold another one. Come sign the paperwork because my my signature, my signature is not legal yet. That's crazy.
Speaker 10: A few years later, he went to California discovered that the oh gosh, cars sell for a lot more in California even then, and we're talking nineteen thirties here, and so he opened his first lot in California in Glendale, and he hated He rejected the dry and boring car salesman personas of that time and built a huge popularity with these flamboyant billboards, odds stunts, dressed crazy, sometimes like a crown clown or a goofball.
Speaker 4: He had this madman alter ego. He gave that to himself, and you do.
Speaker 10: These other weird things, like on speculation, he purchased thirteen brand new right hand drive vehicles that were built for the Asian market but could not be delivered because of World War Two. The local newspapers ran with the stories about these unusual cars, and he sold them all within two weeks. Each car was still in the original shipping crate. And you know, and then he's just you know, building up all of his his his cred at s right right, So but go ahead.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, you're on a roll. I don't want to stop.
Speaker 10: Okay, gonna say he became so famous with these you know, crazy wacky commercials and so forth. For one thing, for example, Bob Hope, Jack Benny Steve Allen, when they were on a TV appearance together, they would try to out do each other with madman lunch jokes.
Speaker 4: He was that popular. And there's a poll.
Speaker 10: That actually listed his used car lots in Southern California as the seventh highest ranked Southern California tourist trust tourist stops.
Speaker 1: What Okay, So I have never purposely gone to a car lot because we're on vacation. We've got to see this car lot. But that's what was happening with these Madman Months lots. His dealership people were actually, uh, we're gonna go to uh the amusement park, or are we gonna go see a car lot.
Speaker 10: That's the world third largest ball of string too short out of the way, that's that's absolutely nuts. Oh so now it became so popular. Some people of our age may remember, based in New York there was a hi fi store called Crazy Eddi's Electronics, Okay, and his persona was, you know.
Speaker 4: Prices so so lo it's insane.
Speaker 10: That was his That was Crazy Eddies thing, his stick on on TV commercials and quite frankly, it was absolutely admitted to be a copy of mad Man Months because he was so successful. I mean, definitely I catch it. People definitely paid attention.
Speaker 1: Well, he was doing these stunts and dressing up and doing these crazy things. You said. He moved to Glendale, California to start his car lot out there in the late nineteen thirties when he could actually legally sign the paperwork. But TV wasn't really a thing in the late nineteen thirties. Was he on radio at all? Doing these commercials Before the advent of widespread television.
Speaker 4: Well he was on radio.
Speaker 10: He again, he had a lot of billboards and a lot of word of mouth. And I'm assuming if you drove by one of the car lots it was, you know, not just the what was that inflatable floaty thing with the guy weaving his arms. I was just gonna mention that, Yeah, I don't know what to call that, but you know it's I have a feeling if you watch the was that Kurt Russell in the in the movie Usual Car.
Speaker 1: Here his Cars? That's one I'm like, you know what, that movie is so underappreciated, And I'll tell you my favorite scene and you'll probably know what I'm talking about. And if you have seen you're listening and you have seen the movie Used Cars, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. My favorite scene is the unscrupulous guy that was working with Kurt Russell at the lot for Jack Warden, and he has this dog on the car lot and the dog would play dead and lay down underneath the cars out of the wheels range, and a couple wasn't really sold on the car and they're leaving and the guy picks up his dog. Is just lifeless. In his arms. He said, it's okay. Oh, poor Toby or whatever his name was, and they get out of the car. They're so they're so ashamed that they ran over the guy's dog. They bought the car and it was is one of my favorite movies of that genre. And it's great. I love that movie.
Speaker 10: The thing I hate about that movie, and hate is in quotes, is the fact that there was one year where in Evansville, Indiana, I worked for a car dealership to help them to wire in the interwebs, so to speak, which involved me running a lot of cables underground underneath Third Street, Evansville through a tunnel.
Speaker 4: And that was a fun time. But oh my.
Speaker 10: Gosh, I wish that movie. I truly wish it was less accurate.
Speaker 1: Well, and the scene whereas you know, when my boss sees these numbers, he's gonna have a stroke and he goes in the office. In the next minute, Jack Warden's coming out grasping his chest and he actually dies.
Speaker 4: Right there, laughing. I'm sorry, so.
Speaker 1: Great, so funny. So back to mad Man months, I tell you what.
Speaker 10: So I'm gonna do this a little bit out of order, if that's okay. But the next thing I wanted to mention, even in a single sentence.
Speaker 4: He created.
Speaker 10: He invented something called the stereo four four track cartridge. It called it the stereo pack. Now, this was the first stereo available or that could be added to a motor vehicle that would play, you know, pre recorded music aside from the old record players, the dash record players that Elvis and a few others had, because you know, when you put a record player in the dashboard of a car, you know that's gonna end well right.
Speaker 1: Well, well, your suspension better be pretty darn good else, I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: Never was in those days from the fifties.
Speaker 10: So he created this thing, and it was actually based on something that's near and dear to your heart and mind, the Fidelo pack cartridges, which is what the radio stations used, that endless loop cartridge. We'd do Kesa's advertisements and sometimes music on.
Speaker 1: Oh listen, listen. When I was on the radio before the advent of widespread CDs on the air, we had a six stack cart machine in our studio and you loaded everything, I mean, the songs, the commercials, and they would automatically segue from one thing to the next, just in case the DJ got busy doing something other than his radio show. You'd load up the six pack and the things would just automatically segue themselves in a commercial break or a group of songs. You'd have a jingle in between the two songs, and you didn't have to do anything. It was wonderfully freeing for the DJ to do nefarious things that he's not supposed to be doing in the studio while he's on the air. But no, I worked with cart machines from my first job in nineteen eighty up until I would say probably about ninety four ninety five, maybe later than that, we still had carts. In fact, when I first came to Cincinnati and I was on the Fox doing afternoons, we still had a six stack cart machine in the studio, even though we were playing CDs mostly for the music. We did have a turntable too, But yeah, I'm very familiar with carts. So this is where it all started.
Speaker 10: Well, like the radio station, cart started first, and he kind of copied that idea. And by the way, hey, for you kids out there who had no idea what we're talking about. Yeah, we our toolkit included a razor blade, a splicing block, some splicing tape and a real to real tape deck that would we would record whatever we wanted to be on the cart and then had to build it in half the time, we'd end up using the razor blade to cut the part out that we wanted to keep on the cart, and that would drop on the floor we spliced the wrong thing in Oh gee, did that ever happen to you?
Speaker 2: Gary Jeff?
Speaker 1: So many times I'm ashamed to say no. I used a spice, a splicing block, a razor blade, and a grease pencil for putting together commercials productions that I would use on the reel to reel and then record onto the cart for air. And it used to take sometimes it would take a good hour to make a sixty second record spot or a concert spot, because you're carefully painstakingly editing and splicing manually, which of course today you just punch a couple of buttons and you know you're done. But if I remember, oh, I remember sweating it after I was off the air and had to get this commercial done for tomorrow, and I'm in there for literally a couple of hours just to put together two commercials, and was so glad to get home like that's done. That was not fun.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 10: Well, now this, as I say this, this four track cartridge, it was actually the predecessor to eight tracks.
Speaker 4: That was the next thing that can come out. Yeah, the playste of your car.
Speaker 10: And Bill lear of Leered Jets Fame intended to put these in his ler Jets, but then he looked at it and said, wait a minute, I think I can make this better and use less tape. And so it was actually Bill Leir that designed the eight track stereo cartridge, which far more folks of a certain age are familiar with.
Speaker 1: Yeh, one of my first stereos, One of my first stereos had an eight track player. Yep, oh, I I'd love that big clunk after you just got done listening to Stairway to Heaven or something and the tracks finished and switching over to the next track, clunk. And sometimes they weren't formatted correctly, so a song that was really long would fade out because it couldn't be contained in that whole track, and would fade back in after you heard the clunk. Oh track too, And here here comes the rest of the song I was listening to. Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: Peter Frampton yeah, and and the better record labels actually split it up to where when you had to do that to where it split out, this song would also be on another track in its entirety without the fade out.
Speaker 1: There you go, There you Go.
Speaker 10: Sheeper takes something so much so if anyone wants to see one of these crazy things. The Madman Month's version of the stereo pack cartridge in the second season of the original TV show Mission Impossible starring Peter Graves. That was the second season of Mission Impossible, was actually the first season Peter Graves was there.
Speaker 4: That's another story there are.
Speaker 10: Peter Graves didn't always get a real real tape on the Little Player That's at Good Luck Gym. Sometimes it was a record, sometimes it was dictaphone reel, and in a couple of episodes it was actually a Madman Month stereo pack four on the underdash of a car that he had to drive to in a parking lot in play similar to an eight track, but not exactly the same. It was actually a little bit more like the radio station version. The cartridge would slide in, but the top was open and you had to flip a lever to lock the cartridge in place.
Speaker 1: Who cares.
Speaker 10: Months was actually extremely successful with this design, with one small problem. He was also selling all of the carts that had popular music on them, and I don't know how better to put it, he got bullied by a lot of dealers who said, hey, we bought a hundred of these Beatle albums, we only sold eighty, and they basically demanded Months would buy the other twenty back room for full price.
Speaker 1: Wow, So he is also he also produced and marketed the first black and white TV receivers to sell for under one hundred bucks and was one of the the earliest functional widescreen projection TV creators.
Speaker 4: Yes, now it's see.
Speaker 10: It's ad the under one hundred dollars, which today would be under fourteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: He designed these for basically urban apartment dwellers, especially in Chicago where he was from, where you couldn't put an antenna outside. And in one example, I mean you could buy in the late forties early fifties, you could buy a black and white TV that had up to thirty tubes.
Speaker 4: His design only had seventeen.
Speaker 10: Now, first of all, at the end of the Ed Sullivan Show every week, it was almost reliable that he would have his TV ad and he'd be dressed in red long John's and a Napoleon hat and you know, just doing his crazy stick and he'd say, I want to.
Speaker 4: Give these away, but my wife won't let me. She's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's great. We don't have a whole lot of time here. Is there anything else you really want to do? Mention about William Earl William Madman.
Speaker 10: Months about the televisions. It's called monsing, and the problem was he wanted the TVs to be as simple as possible, as few parts as possible. He was notorious for walking around the lab when his engineers were designing the TV circuits. If he thought an engineer was over engineering it, he'd take out his wirecutters and start clipping parts out he thought weren't important. And when he'd get the one where the TV wouldn't work anymore, he goes, yeah, put that last one back in. It was the bane of servicemen because the problem is you open up a month's TV and look under it, and if you're a TV repairman, it looks like somebody's already ransacked the TV and removed most of the components. There's like nothing in it. And if you can't do a quick and dirty repair on a month's TV, which is what servicemen need to do to get.
Speaker 4: In, get out fast and get paid for.
Speaker 1: How many how many months TVs do you think are still in existence through seventy years later?
Speaker 10: Oh honest, I know some collectors are crazy about them. They're not easy to find because they were very regional, and I would say maybe one to two hundred at most, but that's a total guess.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well listen, fascinating stuff, great history, lesson on how we got here, and Madman. We're standing on the shoulders of Madman. Months in twenty twenty five. We'll talk to you on Saturday Morning.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot, Bett, take care all right, Rick Wasper and old Radio Rick at gmail dot com if you'd ever liked to get in touch with that screwball. We'll continue on the night cap in a moment. We have an hour of sports for the out of sorts just ahead on this Tuesday night.
Speaker 4: And to another of this night, Power on All Star.
Speaker 1: Breaks twenty twenty five, Gary Jeff Walker with you and me and this guy on seven hundred WLW. And that guy that I just referenced, of course, is my friendly Sports for the out of source source named Andy Furman for a ball? What's going on? What is eating your craw tonight? Do you have an old man?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 7: It's funny every time I'm on your show. It's amazing the amount of emails and texts, well not text because I don't anybody know my phone number, but the amount of emails that I'm getting, even on social media, that they can't wait to hear me on your show.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it's you or me, or maybe a combination. I don't know, but I'm pleased to.
Speaker 2: Be with you.
Speaker 7: I'm pleased to help you, I really am. But there's a couple of things I just want to lay out there. Okay, are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm ready.
Speaker 7: Okay, Shit back, I have a small gree lass. All right, here's the deal. You know, I'm watching this Netflix series called The Quarter of the kind of interesting Jared Goff from the Detroit Lions, Kirk Cousins Atlanta Falcons, and Joe Burrow for the Cincinnati Bengals. All Right. The only thing these guys have in common, well two things. They're all male, and they're all quarterbacks playing in the NFL. Other than that. They completely completely different animals. Really, Kirk Cousins, I love the guy to death. Never met the guy. Tremendous family man, get his hair cut at Great Cliffs. Joe Burrow has a fashion designer. I'm not knocking it. I'm just making comparisons over here, all right. But then Joe Burrow comes out on quarterbacks and says, yeah, I don't want to be in the public eye that much. You know, I got a provaate. Wait a minute, don't be wearing backless suits. I'm getting your picture taken in Vogue in Paris and go worry about being quiet. And Kirk Cousins comes home from practice, finds out from the coaching staff at Atlanta that he lost his job, you know, it's a starting quarterback job last year, and has time to go down the basement to play football with his kids. This is a tie. See here's the difference. Jared Goff all Right married, Kirk Cousins married with two kids. Every time I see Joe Burrow, he's your.
Speaker 4: Mom and dad.
Speaker 7: Get a girlfriend, get a wife, get kids, have a life. Let's move one step further. Here's a guy, and I don't begrudge the money he makes make as much as your can because you're the entertainment. He wants to get a batmobile? Are you freaking kidding me? Here's the guy who has a foundation, and you and I both know when athletes form foundations. Well, I he really they're tax shelters. That's what they are. Foundations. Makes it sound good to the schmucks out there that don't understand, But the foundation's a tax shelter. He wants to aid the people in Adams County.
Speaker 4: Who are homeless.
Speaker 7: They need food, whatever it may be. You'll spend money on a batmobile. You could feed the attire Adams County for a batmobile. Thank god he didn't buy a batmobile. Get your head on straight, get in the middle lane of the highway.
Speaker 4: And stay there.
Speaker 7: I don't And again I like Joe, I wish him well. I hope the Bengals go as far as they can. But Diesel Pete this series right now, with the quarterbacks, he looks like a goofball on this series. He really does. That's my say.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Well, it sounds like you're really really hating on Joe Burrow. I mean, he's a franchise quarterback of the Cincinnati Bengals led him to a super amazing and all you have to say is is all this shade you're throwing on him, all this dissing of Joe Burrow of number.
Speaker 4: Nine, I just can't created it.
Speaker 7: But being another show. Hey, you want a private life, don't go on quarterbacks, go on that flick.
Speaker 1: You know what? You can't be more right about that, Andy, I will agree with you on that. Don't tell me you want to live a quiet, private life. And as you mentioned, be photographed in Vogue, the backless suits, buying a batmobile. That's not exactly inconspicuous, is it? No?
Speaker 7: No, I, And you're a big Mjson. You're a big Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: And obviously you took about guys that live private lives. I will tell you right now. I think Michael Jordan is somewhat of a private life. And there was social media when he played. Don't you agree, Michael, You can live a private life if you're an athlete. Yeah, yeah, but I think Michael, to some extent.
Speaker 1: Did Michael Jordan is not exactly in the public I anymore. Even with six NBA great the greatest basketball professional basketball player I ever saw, And yes, that includes Kobe and Lebron and Kareem Abdul Jabbar and all the rest that I saw witnessed actually play the game. Michael's still the goat, and uh he it's a lot easier to live a private life when you're sixty years old and you've got enough money to hide away somewhere, Andy, So I don't know that we're gonna give Michael.
Speaker 7: I think he had somewhat of a private life when he played. When you when you retire, it's a different animal. And again, you just said something to me that really upset me because I don't think Michael Jordan is the coat. But that's another story. I'll tell you is the Goat is the greatest player and the most dominant player to have a put out of basketball you ploman in the NBA period. He's a fifty points a game. He's the greatest points of freaking game.
Speaker 1: He's the greatest womanizer in the history of professional basketball. And that's saying a lot about that. And that's twenty thousand women, Andy, How do you who cares?
Speaker 4: How did he find.
Speaker 1: How did he find time for twenty thousand women while he's.
Speaker 7: Playing Even better, he goes up the scale even higher now.
Speaker 1: He'd put a new rubber band around his wrist every time he conquered another one. He was like a young male adult lion. He copulated every fifteen minutes to have to bed that many mons.
Speaker 7: I loved WILF Chamberlain. I thought he was the greatest. I think he played again, this is a different game though they don't even have a set the position of basketball now it's completely different. There really is.
Speaker 1: Well, there weren't that many. There weren't that many seven footers when he played. All he had to do was.
Speaker 7: Standard ye Bill Russell, Wesley Unsell, Willis Reed, Nate Thurmon.
Speaker 1: Wesley was seven feet in there, Wesley Unsell was not seven f They were big men. But Wilt distilled. They called him Wilton stilled because nobody else in the league was seven to one.
Speaker 7: No, but I will tell you this, Kareem was seventy plus. He did not dominate like wil did.
Speaker 4: He was wait hold on, he was.
Speaker 1: Kareem was the all time NBA leading scorer after Wilt for years until Lebron James came out of high school. He never played for twenty five No, he never averaged fifty fifty game because when they passed the ball to Wilt, it was a black hole. In fact, when he averaged when he had that hundred point game when he was playing for Philadelphia that nobody ever saw because it wasn't on TV in nineteen sixty two in Hershey, Pennsylvania. He scored one hundred points because his teammates just kept feeding him the ball. That's the only reason Will scored one hundred points.
Speaker 7: Why wouldn't it because the centers he played as the New York Kniss in that game, and they said this, but this were jumping Johnny Green it was five and Daryl Livehoff with maybe six seven. So back, you're going to stay in your lane. Get back to what we're talking about with the quarterbacks. Joe Burrow at another day.
Speaker 1: Well, Joe Burrow, to me, I think is he's still a young man. You act like he should be married and settled down with a couple of kids and a couple of dogs instead of hanging out with his parents.
Speaker 7: I mean, listen, no, it's wonderful that he's got that relationship with his parents.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 7: I just think that he's he's a tremendous quarterback. I will tell you he's the best quarterback in the National Football Man.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow.
Speaker 7: Joe Burrow, she doesn't deserve him.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow knows more about himself than Andy Furman knows about Joe Burrow, even watching him in this series that you're referencing. And Joe Burrow knows perhaps that he's not mature enough to have a marriage, a wife and and make it successful. Joe Burrow will not do anything.
Speaker 7: Bet his personal life. I just here the fact I watched this series. He chooses his words very very carefully. But he's in a different league than Kirk Cousins. Kirk Cousins to me, I love the guy. Kirk Cousins will not be wearing the jewelry. Kirk Cousins. He's just a different guy. And if Julie doesn't buy you want to buy money, you earn the money. Every time you go on the football field, you risk your life.
Speaker 1: Kirk Cousins, get it. Kirk Cousins will also never be in another Super Bowl. Andy, kirk cousins career is over. You're right, there's very bad. There's very little similarity between Kirk Cousins and Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow actually has a path to success and the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Kirk Cousins that had that ship has sailed, and I think maybe.
Speaker 4: For a year ago.
Speaker 7: We'll see what happens with Nicks. We'll see what happens over there in Atlanta this year. But I will tell you this much right now. Joe Burrow is the modern day Dan Marino, great quarterback. Did nothing, but they want super Bowl. Dan Marino never went to the never won a super Bowl? All right, Dan Marino?
Speaker 1: Did Dan Marino go to you won? Did Dan Marino you go to a Super Bowl? Did Dan Marino even go to a Super Bowl and lose?
Speaker 2: Hand?
Speaker 7: I don't think he went to a super Bowl Number one one, He did not. He never went to a super Bowl. Okay, So so Borroughs got him up one. Okay, But there are other guys out there like Barry Sanders. He's in that same league. Did Dan Marinos? That Barry Sanders? Great players, But at the end of the day, what have you done? Great stats? That's what it's all about. You know, the other day was true, It's all about the rings. It's all about the rings.
Speaker 1: Andy Jim Brown, Jim Brown, the greatest quarter the greatest running back in the history of the NFL, arguably the greatest. Jim Brown never went to a super Bowl.
Speaker 7: They didn't have the super Bowl back then. Okay, twelve games a year. It's a different things the other century. Okay, let me give you an example. Eli Manning couldn't shine Joe Burrow's shoes. Eli Manning's gonna go to the Hall of Fame for two reasons. Number one, he won to super bowls. Number two, his.
Speaker 4: Name is Manning.
Speaker 7: All Right, he couldn't shine Joe Borrow's shoes. But Joe Burrow if he does not get to a super Bowl? So were super Bowl? You mean I'm not knock on the door for the Hall of Fame and can That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well agreed, I'm going to get in trouble for this little brother.
Speaker 7: You can't use the R words. Don't use take it, just say you apologize.
Speaker 2: I have discussed.
Speaker 1: I apologize, I apologize.
Speaker 7: I know what I want to defend.
Speaker 1: No one uses Okay, all right, well, hold on, hold on, hold on. Eli Manning is Peyton Manning's challenged little brother.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what about that word?
Speaker 4: The words?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I never will use it. Again in public or private.
Speaker 7: I promise it's funny that I'm telling you what to do, what to use it on right, because usually I'm on.
Speaker 1: Can I hold on? Can I say midget or do I have to say little person?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 7: They don't even you know what, they don't even have midget wrestling anyone. They call it small people wrestling.
Speaker 1: They have midget racing cars, don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know what about you? Look, you know you're not offending people when you use midget racing cars.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 7: But you don't want to offend people period. You just don't. Don't ever, you know, be nice if.
Speaker 1: You're just speaking the truth, speaking the truth that if it offends somebody, I don't care. If it's the truth, I'm gonna say it. Andy, I mean, you.
Speaker 7: Mean, what do you mean You're going to offend somebody? But the truth? Tell me how So I'm gonna walk up to somebody say, hey, how are you doing your fat? I mean you do that to people?
Speaker 1: What you do to keep from offending you? I would say that you are very frugal, because it's better than saying.
Speaker 7: That's a compliment.
Speaker 1: That's better. It's better.
Speaker 7: Would that's a compliment.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, you're well, I mean what if you had, uh, you know, all the money that you could possibly ever want, and you wanted a batmobile? I mean, why not buy a batmobile? I don't understand this fixation with Joe Burrow wanting to have a batmobile.
Speaker 7: Because it's hypocritical to have a foundation to aid people. I do you have enough money to buy a batmobile? Think about it for a second. You could find that entire Adams County with the money that costs him to buy a batmobile. Right, And let me tell you something else. Say he buys the batmobile, he'd be backed out as a series that I'm watching, a backed out of it because say.
Speaker 4: He bought one.
Speaker 7: Do you drive that downtown over the Rhine? It's gone in an hour? All right?
Speaker 1: See, some people, Andy, Andy, some people might think that last statement by you is offensive. What's the problem with over the Rhine?
Speaker 2: Idea?
Speaker 5: True?
Speaker 1: Why why can't you? Why can't you drive a batmobile over the.
Speaker 7: R I'm stating a fact there is crime and over the Rhine?
Speaker 4: Agree?
Speaker 7: Do we agree on that? Well?
Speaker 1: Certainly, But you're it seems like you're singling out one particular community in Cincinnati, and some people might even say that.
Speaker 7: I'm written Community's you have to drive downtown and over the Rhine where there's some good places to eat in night life. There's a good chances batmobile would be gone and or stripped in an hour.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen Batman the movie?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you have a real batmobile, it's totally safe because you've got all those weapons, all those tools on it, and you can you can take care of the criminals that you may encounter in over the Rhine, or.
Speaker 7: Probably would have to have somebody sit in the batmobile while you're being entertained or entertaining yourself, or there's some people with you, you have someone sit at a batmobile. But this is off the deep end. I mean, you know, think about this, for sec what do you think is teammates, you're gonna buy a Batmo Field, then you're gonna cry and in the same vein that they're not signing Troy Henkickson. I mean, think about that. You put that might with a Batmo Field to Troy's contract. If what Todd Brady did, he took less money so the team would have more money for playing what he was doing.
Speaker 1: If I if I if I had to wearwithal, not only would I have a batmobile, I would have the bat boat. I would have the bat chopper I would have had I would have had the bat motorcycle. And I don't even like motorcycles with a sidecar for rob.
Speaker 7: The baseball bat to hit you over the head with.
Speaker 1: That's what I'd have a I've had a bat utility belt. I'd have the cowl. I'd have the whole whole chest protect anything. I'm not smoking anything, And I'm just telling you as a Batman officionado, I want all of the toys. If I'm I'm not going to stop at the batmobile, I'm gonna I'm gonna get the whole thing.
Speaker 7: Okay, If I'm going to be honest, I was like a superman, freaking I do walk around my house with a cape. I gotta tell you, I do, and I and I jump up and down. I think I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Fly a cape and nothing else right.
Speaker 4: Exactly right?
Speaker 1: Yes, And you asked, Wendy, You asked, and you asked your wife, Wendy, if she can see your superpower?
Speaker 7: What Istairs's lowest lane typing away?
Speaker 1: What is your superpower? Andy? Do you have a superpower.
Speaker 7: I can see through walls. I can I just see through walls. I love every minute of it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's that's that's kind of awesome. So you just you just go place the bus station and sit outside of bathrooms, the.
Speaker 7: Women's the men most too much because I make myself in trouble. But you know I have these powers, and you know you got it out of me that I wear a cape and I love it. And Superman was on my.
Speaker 1: Else Is there anything else sports related you wanted to bring up in our few moments we have?
Speaker 7: Well, we saw it with the Quarterbacks series on Netflix. We ended up with Superman and Batman. But that's okay. And I still didn't hear your take on these quarterbacks that I love the fact that Joe Burrow has as a personal dresser designer and and Kirk Cousins gets his hair cut of great clips.
Speaker 1: You're in my take.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think that either one is wrong. I mean, I don't really have a take. I don't really care one way or the other whether Joe Burrow takes his batmobile to over the Rhine or Adams County if he wants a batmobile, So be it. He can have a batmobile and a foundation. Some people Andy can walk and chew gum at the same time. I'm not sure you know what. You're one of them.
Speaker 7: You better get get your ass off the fence and take a take a stand. You know you're getting like everybody else around here. Really take a stand. I made a statement. Here are you to say, well, he could do this, he could do but no, no foundation foundations to help people the people people. You're getting old and weak. You're getting old, you know what. I'm getting older and stronger.
Speaker 4: How's that?
Speaker 7: How's that?
Speaker 1: I can smell you from here. You're right, you are getting stronger.
Speaker 7: I could see you from here because I got the superpower. I could see you. You're grinning at me.
Speaker 1: I'm coming. I'm coming to Florence to your home in a batmobile. And you're going Florence anymore.
Speaker 7: And if I did, I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I don't want it over the airway. No you don't.
Speaker 7: I moved over the rhine.
Speaker 1: I didn't move.
Speaker 7: No, no, I didn't move.
Speaker 1: You need a batmobile. If you're gonna move over the rhine, you definitely need a batmobile.
Speaker 7: And again, no I have I have I have honestly moved. I still live at Kentucky, but I moved. Okay, okay, all right, not now, I mean, well later on, but not right now.
Speaker 1: Andy, as always an unexpected pleasure.
Speaker 7: Oh really, you know you love it. You know you love every minute of it. You know it, admit it.
Speaker 1: Take take care of yourself, all right, Thank you so much. Goodbye. You can't spell Furman without fu and yes, wild Man Walker coming up next, I think on seven hundred W LW