Speaker 1: It's nice eyes, Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm going Mazy Boston's News radio as.
Speaker 1: We continue into the eleven o'clock hour tonight. My name is Dan Ray. It's a Monday night. It is the twenty sixth of August, and we're just a week away from Labor Day. Sadly because I hate to see the summer go, but we have a full week of nightside coming up, and I hope you'll stay with us all week long, from eight until midnight. We're going to continue with our phone calls. Let me go next to We're talking essentially just for those of you who just joined us. How many times should Donald Trump and Kamala Harris debate this fall? And when I say this fall, I mean this election season. We have seventy four days, I believe is the number that is left between now and November fifth. There is some question now whether or not the debate scheduled for September tenth will or will not happen. We played some sound from Donald Trump today and which seemed to call into question whether or not it was going to happen. Look, we need to hear from both these candidates. We need to see them both side by side on the debate stage. I'd like to see five debates between now and November fifth. I guess that'd settle for three, but I want to make sure that there is an exchange of ideas and they both have a chance to go back and forth. So having said that, I want to hear from you. Jim is in Kansas City, Jim U And next on Nightside, Garadheadshop.
Speaker 3: Hi, Dan, thanks for taking my call, Welco.
Speaker 1: Appreciate your waiting through the news. I tried to get you on earlier, but where you're on now, Gorudhead Jim.
Speaker 4: Sure, I'll be brief to answer your question directly.
Speaker 5: Three and I think three should.
Speaker 4: Be a minimum standard for presidential campaign debate schedule. And when I say standard, I would like to see them be a lot more standard eyes in terms of like just to use the same format that they use at Yale or Stanford or Harvard. In other words, we have rebuttal and and I would like to see there be each one of them be a general subject, like one of them beyond the economy, the other one beyond foreign affairs, and then may you have a third one beyond you know, legislative affairs. But it's so that we get a more in depth picture. But the drawback to having your your potential president up there in front of the whole world is that people can see how they think, and that can be bad if you have other people trying to figure them out. That's all I got to say, thanks for listening by.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks Jim. That was quickly to the point. I love that call. Six one, seven, eight, nine thirty only line open right now. Let me go to Peyton West, Rochester, pet welcome next on Nightsiger right ahead.
Speaker 6: I can.
Speaker 3: I believe they should have at least minimum of free debates and term limits, but that's not for the president of the Senate and Congress people. Well there are.
Speaker 1: Moments for the president. As you know, it's only to only two for your terms.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm aware of that. But I just want to say that people better wake up and realize that you are ushering in communism Marxism with this woman. And a perfect example is when they forced the vaccinations or your job was at stake, and that was under the Biden Harris administration. People lost their careers aver that, but was also in Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: To be fair, it was also onto Chollie Baker's administration. There were several state police officers and others in the public in state employment who lost their jobs because they refused to.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a bad road to be going down. That's one of the one of the issues there. And as well as is she going to be hiding like he did in the basement for.
Speaker 7: The rest of the way.
Speaker 3: She never was voted for by the people, and now she's going to avoid debating Trump.
Speaker 1: Well again, I guess I don't know who, you know, who's evading whom at this because sometimes what happens is that someone could say, well, you know, I disagree with these rules of engagement, and I want X, Y and Z as opposed to A, B and C. I'm willing to debate, but I want the debate rules to be changed. It's a way to avoid it.
Speaker 3: But no, I think it's coming from their side more than Trump's side, my opinion, Let's let's.
Speaker 1: Flush it out. I mean, I want them both on stage together, and I want whatever the rules are, I want them to be fair, and I want the moderators to treat them fairly. I want tough questions asked of both of them. I don't want any softball questions whomever it is. I want, uh, you know, there's a way to do this. Fair questions, but tough questions.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope the liberal white women can put aside that Trump is not, you know, with his comments and everything, and realize that the stake of the country's at steak in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, first of all, right, right, but what I'm saying, what I'm trying to say is that I don't think it's like communism. Dan Well, first of first of all, there's a huge step. There's a huge step. You've used the term twice. There's a huge step to communism number one, and then you've also thrown out liberal white women. I don't think that that's helpful. I think it's people. I don't care what color you are, I don't care what gender you are. You got to look at these candidates and say which one is best for me, which one is best for my family, and which one is best for the country. You think that she's a communist because she's her father was a Marxist. I don't think she's a communist. Do I think she's probably the most liberal presidential candidate that this country has ever had? Yes, Yes, I do. Yes, I do. She's very liberal, but she's also changing her policies, which is troubling because if you have staked out positions, you know, A to Z, and all of a sudden, you're going to reverse yourself on twenty of those positions, I don't know if I can trust you at that point.
Speaker 3: Okay, well she was in charge of the border. How did that go?
Speaker 1: I don't think it went to water?
Speaker 3: And now she's denying that she was. I mean, I could go on and on.
Speaker 1: I know you could, and I'm I'm just trying to simplify it for you and say, I want to know what their positions are. I want to know what her positions were, and if she's changed from some positions. People have a right to change some positions. I want to know why you can't be opposed to fracking, and now when you're in Pennsylvania campaigning in favor of fracking, maybe she has an explanation for it. Let's hear it.
Speaker 3: If positions are destroying the country is.
Speaker 1: I don't think any candidate broad and says please vote for me because I want to destroy the country. I think that's a silly argument, Pete. If I can say so, I think that's.
Speaker 7: There for four years.
Speaker 3: Ken, Look what they're doing in the country. I mean, come on, how can you even defend hers beyond belief.
Speaker 1: I'm not defending anyone. I'm simply pointing out the inconsistencies of your statements when you basically say that that she wants to destroy the country. She may want to change the country, but she wants to change it in a way that she she views it as being more equitable or whatever phrase she has. I don't think that she intentionally says I want to turn this into a Marxist country. That's an extreme position, and I think you'll lose credibility on that position in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Well that's my opinion and a lot of other point all.
Speaker 1: Right, Fred, If you're always welcome to express that opinion here, you're always welcome to dress that opinion, but be prepared to be challenged. That's all okay.
Speaker 3: Well let's let's let's see how the country goes. If she gets elected, good luck.
Speaker 1: If you feel that strongly, you should work in whatever way you can to to make sure she doesn't get elected.
Speaker 3: Pete, that's well, that's why I made the phone call tonight.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm glad you made the phone call. But I'm saying, when your characterizations become so what I would consider to be over the top, I'm going to challenge him. Okay. It'd be like when when someone says Donald Trump is going to cut so Security Medicare, there's no candidate in their right mind. And Donald Trump has said he's not gonna cut so Security Medicare. That's his position. I'm not going to let someone call up and not challenge them on that. I mean, that's my job is to.
Speaker 3: Challenge how do you feel about the mandatory vaccination that costs people their careers.
Speaker 1: If you've listened to my show over the years, you know that I've had some of the state police officers on, including one state police officer whose first name is Samantha, or female state police officer whose dad was killed in the line of duty and she lost her job because Charlie Baker wanted all the state police officers to have vaccinations. I feel strongly, strongly, Okay, I'm somebody who did get my vaccinations because I felt it was in my best interest based upon my own medical history and my age, primarily my age. I'm on the wrong side of fifty but I defended her right. She's a young woman. She had no idea what that vaccination was going to impact her in terms of raising a family or even having a family. So I felt that was way over the top by Charlie Baker, and I said it many many nights. I wish you had heard me.
Speaker 3: You would know what well the Biden Harris administration made up mandatory as well. I mean, you keep pointing a bank of which I agree he was wrong with it too. It's total government overreach.
Speaker 1: The four I think I've also I also talked about members. I also talked Pete about members of the US military who who lost their careers. Now many of them have been invited back.
Speaker 3: To going back, not under this administration. They'll never know be in their right mind would die for this administration. Well, thirteen people died, fourteen.
Speaker 1: People died three years ago today in Kapoola, Afghanistan in what was a disaster.
Speaker 3: Anybody that's throwing in the military now and signing up to go die for these wars that they create a right.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, I've given you seven minutes. I'm glad you called, but again you're just you're going from topic to topic on me. And that's not fair. I want people to know what my position is on topics and I want I don't want to have them misrepresented. And I also promise you that if you call back again and you take extreme positions, were going to challenge you. Simple is that. Thanks, you have a great one. We'll take a break. Coming right back on night Side.
Speaker 2: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World to night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I feel I'm in a boxing match tonight and I'm the referee, but I'm getting it from both sides. Let me go to Dave, my friend Dave and San Antonio. Dave, how are you?
Speaker 6: Yes? Are you doing?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm doing just fine, Dave Corc.
Speaker 6: I have to know I agree with that previous caller wholeheartedly.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you do. I'm sure you do. But again, I want to hear what you have to say, and if I disagree with you, we will have a conversation. If I agree, I'm gonna let you get do.
Speaker 6: I have a friend in Mile, Michigan that was one of those Whole Watchers and uh she applied for at this time that she wasn't even qualified to apply. They sit even though she was, you know, watch it handling the election. You know she's she was a pole watcher in my offer many elections. Now she's not qualified to apply. Seven hundred of them were qualified to apply and seventy were taken. There are twenty seven hundred Democratic poor watchers. So right now you have a condition of seventy pole watchers that are a Republican at twenty seven hundred Democratic pole watchers. You tell me Michigan's not a Democratic state.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 1: Now that was funny, Dave, It's funny. I have not seen that story anywhere. If you could send me information on that story.
Speaker 6: Fox News, Laura Trump, he's right there on yeah, on deal.
Speaker 1: Just send me something on it. I'm not going to go research it and spend my day tomorrow trying to research.
Speaker 6: I'm not worried about you. I'm worried about my viewers, with the listeners believe in me, because I know.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of credibility with my listeners. When you tell me something and you're gonna, you're gonna Fox News.
Speaker 6: Fox News, lowerd Trump and interview with Maria Maria. Maria. She's a conservative commentator.
Speaker 1: Whoa you've already tell you research. You don't even know who she she talked to.
Speaker 6: It's Maria. I told you I forgive her.
Speaker 1: Does he have a lot of does he have a lot of job?
Speaker 6: And hey, I'm eighty years old, I'm allowsy with dates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're certain that they that they that the Democrats are going to have twenty seven hundred poll watchers and there'll only be seventy Republican pole watchers.
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 1: How many? How many polling places do they haven't?
Speaker 6: Donald Trump? Donald Trump is in court right now suing them because of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, interesting when I when I read about that in in you know, something out of Michigan to Detroit News or something like that.
Speaker 9: It's not an isolation that that exists throughout liberal America, all right, that exists throughout it and what they are doing at least, and I'm surprised you're talking about a debate. You know darn well that they're going to try and put him in jail in September. And if there's going to be any debates, it's going to be out in prison with a secret service as a moderator.
Speaker 1: Will Dave do me a favorite? I don't want you to have a heart attack. But if they put if Donald Trump is sentenced to jail, it would be the biggest mistake a judge ever made in the history of this country.
Speaker 9: Because he's just louble to make that mistake, Dad, because he's just as Dutch as Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Thanks Dave. Always enjoyed the conversation. Thank you. Wo all right, Rob, look out the window, full moon or not? I need to know as quickly as possible. Okay, I don't care. I mean, you know. Look, it is one thing to traffic in some form of conspiracy theories, which is fine if you want to do that. It's another thing to have some credible source. Now I'm not saying that Fox News is not credible. Sometimes it is credible. Not all the time, but sometimes it's credible. And if there is a legitimate story, remember, as Dave staked out that there's going to be twenty seven hundred Democratic poll watchers versus seven hundred Republican pole watchers. That would be about a five to one ratio. If I'm not mistaken, No, that would be a four to one ratio. Let me not overstate it. That would be such an abuse of power. That would be a screaming story everywhere. If true, if true, isn't full moon? No full moon? I don't know, man, Maybe something's maybe the stars are in alignment. Where are we going next? Let me go next too? I got Stephen Bridgewater, Steve, bring me back to reality? How are you, Steve?
Speaker 10: Dan?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't see a moon up there tonight, so maybe it's not a full moon.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm outside now, I'm looking up, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe it's cloudy. I don't know. Rob says it's not a full moon. So you go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dan, you said, uh, you'd like to have five debates. I agree. If many debates is Trump has it works in his favor. If he had enough debates to really get Kamala to speak and let people know what she's all about, I think people would start to say, oh my god, it is this what we're going to send to Washington to be our commander in chief.
Speaker 6: And if they don't, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not sure that the Harris campaign would be anxious to do five debates. But I think that if you know's not she's she's kind of like, uh, a clean slate. I mean, most people they know she was vice president, but they probably don't know much about her history. I mean, we saw the number of people who watched the Democratic convention. Obviously they probably were fans already, but I think the Yeah, there's only about twenty million people who watched the conventions of both the Republicans and the Democrats, and probably there's some corossover, some people watch both. But we're going to have about one hundred and seventy million people voting. So I'm more worried about the one hundred and thirty million people who watched neither convention. I want them to know what they're voting for. That's not I think, you know, to you know, to outrage us.
Speaker 5: Dan Dan quick question. Yeah, since Kennedy, Kennedy and Nixon had the debates, isn't that when they first started having the whole concept. Haven't they always been at least three debates before the elect I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so. I don't think so because I don't think that Nixon debated McGovern. I know that Reagan debated Mondale. I know that Clinton debated Dole his second term presidents. Not that Harris is a second term president, obviously, but she's the incumbent. I think that there was a period of time when the debates were kind of made by different you know, some media outlet would offer one and then the League of Women Voters kind of there was a Commission on Presidential Debates. I need to figure out, maybe during this next break, if the Commission on Presidential Debates is still active or if they have been expanded. But look, we've had one on CNN. There's one schedule in September tenth on ABC. By the way, I don't think that Donald Trump helped himself in the debates with Joe Biden. I think that he was out of control, he was undisciplined. Think those debates hurt him.
Speaker 5: I think that athough, that one Dan doesn't count anymore since Biden is out, you.
Speaker 9: Know what I mean?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no no, But he still has to zero again. What don't you think? In other words, since there's a new, a new the election, it's different now it's between Biden and Harris. So they're starting at square at zero again.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is all the more reason if if Trump can and control himself and appears overly aggressive against a female candidate, that's not going to help him. So he has to go into that today disciplined and talk about issues and find and find points were of differences and deal with it that yeh as opposed to making stupid comments like she's not qualified or I'm better looking than she.
Speaker 5: That doesn't help him, doesn't help him, so she's oh, she's stupid, that's it. That's not a good thing for him to say.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course not. That's what's called an anonamum attack. And guess what, that just doesn't run with these days. In my opinion, I.
Speaker 5: Just want to add one more thing, go ahead, one more thing, because I know you got other callers you mentioned last week and that in this I can agree with you one thousand percent. He's a flawed candidate and I think, I mean, the election's out over yet there could be a lot of quiet Trump supporters that could come out of the woodworks and push them over. I don't know, but right now as it is, right now, I think the Republicans would have a better chance of winning back to White House if the Republican nominee was anybody but Trump. You agree, I do. It wasn't Trump, now it would? I do think we have a better chance.
Speaker 1: I do think a lot of people have made up their mind of Donald Trump, and I think that the vote for Joe Biden was much more of an anti Trump vote. I don't think there were many people who were thrilled or excited about Joe Biden, but they saw him as an alternative to Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Now the question, yeah, I was hoping he wouldn't drop out. Yeah, I was hoping Biden wouldn't drop out because I knew once he got out, it would hurt Trump big time.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing is that if if Donald Trump had really been smart, and when they say smart, I mean strategic, he would have buried the hatchet with Niki Haley and he would have invited Nicki Haley to have been his running mate. In my opinion, yeah, I think that that would have have helped him a lot with the so called, you know, suburban voters who would see in Nicki.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: But so we'll see, we'll see that those decisions have been made. Let's move forward and let's get some debates.
Speaker 5: Thanks Dave, I'm getting nervous about it, Dan, I'm getting nervous about it.
Speaker 1: Very recently, David san Antonio was not nervous though.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Thank you very much, thanks, thank you.
Speaker 1: Soon here comes the news at the bottom of the ad. I would be right back. Got a bunch of calls and who all the lines are full. This has been a good night so far, particularly for a Monday night when sometimes people just listen. I appreciate all the calls. Whatever your point of view is, I want to have a conversation with you, okay, and so you can see the people on the far end of either extreme who I have most difficulty with. But I'm trying. I'm trying. I'll be back right after the news at the bottom of the hour. It's Night Side with.
Speaker 2: Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: Back to the calls, we go, get full lines here, let's keep rolling, get as many but as many folks in as possible. Next up, as I lean in the hull, I lean, you are next one Nightside, go right ahead, Hello, Hello, I lean welcome.
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 11: I'm calling because I also agree that we need presidential of debates and I agree with your immaculate nomination theory.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 12: I have.
Speaker 11: She I think she took a stand on something as a first priority. Maybe I'm wrong. Tell me, I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong, But she wants to make abortion available to everyone, and I hope, I hope I didn't hear that right.
Speaker 1: But you know, she's pro choice. The question is, I think in most Americans, many Americans favor people having the option for abortion, but most Americans feel that comes a point in time, whether it's fifteen weeks or twenty four weeks, where the interest of the child is something that needs to be taken into consideration. That was sort of the basis of roversus way actually back in nineteen seventy three. But that has to be drawn out. What does she feel? You know, there are some people who say, hey, abortion should be the right of the woman that's carrying the child up until the moment of delivery. I don't know what her position is. I don't know if she is that extreme or not, but she certainly is again what would be generally characterized as pro choice. So yeah, well we'll have to see what she says.
Speaker 11: That's what's need I need to know. My sister was absolutely she was.
Speaker 9: She was.
Speaker 11: Just angry that I would consider voting for Donald Trump. And so you know, I've gotten nothing but emails for my sister about Trump Trump Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, I would probably I would probably discount that you have a right to vote for who you want to and your sister has a right to vote for who she wants to. But I would hope that that it doesn't impact your your relationship, you with your sister. I mean, I know we've seen within the Kennedy family. I heard today just listening to some of the stories that not only was Robert F. Kennedy Junior criticize for his endorsement of Trump, but boy, some of the Kennedy family members really went after him as if he had no right to have an opinion different from this. This is Carrie Kennedy, Rob if you could cue up cut number fifteen. So it's just not you and your sister who are having these problems, I mean, this is this is Kerry Kennedy cut fifteen.
Speaker 12: N I think if my dad were alive today, the real Robert Kennedy would have detested almost everything Donald Trump represents, his his lying, his selfishness, his rage, his cynicism, hatred, racism, bascist simp these criminal felony convictions. Daddy was the Attorney General of the United States. His rape of Egen Carol, his contempt with the word suffering, prothics, democracy, Kennedy pole an American around the world. And these are the causes that loved so passionately by the real Robert Kennedy. So I'm outraged and disgusted by my brother's gaudian, obscene embrace of Donald Trump. I completely did that separate and dissociate myself from Robert Kennedy Junior, and is flagrant and inexpectable effort to that's great and trample set buyer tonight.
Speaker 1: My father's Now, that's a way to unite the nation. Write your brother off, boy, that's that's pathetic. Kerry Kennedy. He was never convicted of the rape of E. G. Carroll. This is an intelligent woman who who obviously doesn't understand. No one does want no one wants to understand. It's as simple as that. So, so don't feel badly about your sister Riley. Okay, you have you can have civil war within the Kennedy family. I guess you could have civil war within your family sad.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, thanks, I thanks talk.
Speaker 1: So all right, let's keep rolling here. We got a couple of lines at six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Next up is Tom and Dorchester. Tom, welcome, how are you sir?
Speaker 10: Day?
Speaker 13: Can you hear me?
Speaker 6: My chilborners kind of weak?
Speaker 1: Nope, you said.
Speaker 13: Sound fine? Well, Dan, let me bring that back to this. The real insurrection, the real insurrection. People were killed by police, stations were set on fire, and this vice president bailed anyone that could. She got a fund to get her to bail any one of these insurrections. That was the real insurrection, and she bailed these people out. So she's a trader herself. And it's this Walls, her vice president who lived in China. He had his honeymoon in China. He takes communism is all right, He doesn't disagree with communism.
Speaker 1: How can you say that? Has he ever said that?
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, it's just what I was here and now listening to a show on TV that we're talking about Walt.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. Have you heard him say that.
Speaker 13: I haven't heard him say that. He's not understated, kidding me.
Speaker 10: He's not going to figure that.
Speaker 1: Well, how can you how can you then conclude that he said he just said that he's that, he said that he's.
Speaker 13: Television. I was watching the news and they were talking about how he honey moved in China. Yea, he lived in China for a while, and he said that communism wasn't bad.
Speaker 1: When did he say when did he say that? Tom?
Speaker 13: Well, this is well, but when he was married, it was before Tenement Square. He went to China. That's when he lived in China, before Tenement Square. So it's quite a while ago. It's when we were pretty much again.
Speaker 1: When did he say, I mean, find me the sound bite where Tim Walls said communism isn't bad and I will play it. I'll play it on the radio. But you know, again, it doesn't make it so just because you heard some commentators say it.
Speaker 13: So we would try to hear anybody. I didn't hear anybody say that he was wrong. When the usually yeah, someone come back right away.
Speaker 1: No, Tom, come on, you're smarter than this. Okay. I could say Tom said to me last night that that that he loved that that he he thinks that that that well, let me Tom said last night that he thinks that the Martians have landed already. Okay. Now I would say, really, well, when did Tom say that?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 1: Someone told me that Tom said that who was You know, that's not what we deal with here.
Speaker 6: Tom, Come on, damn.
Speaker 5: I was trying to bring you back to earth, down to earth.
Speaker 1: But you you're telling me something that if that, if if he had said, if you quoted Waltz is saying communism isn't bad, if he had said that, if we had videotape of Wall saying communism isn't bad, we would play that every now.
Speaker 13: Okay, well he honey, mornings there in China, he should be for tenements square and uh okay here for a while, I got it.
Speaker 1: Well, he lived there. A lot of people have lived lived in China, you know.
Speaker 13: All right, then the thing is that, uh what's her name? It shouldn't be shouldn't be president.
Speaker 1: I assume I didn't leap to that conclusion, but I know that's how you feel. Thanks Tom, talk to you all right. We'll keep it rolling here at nights. I coming right back.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Sight Studios on.
Speaker 1: W b Z News Radio. All right, we got full lines. I want to get everyone in. We can get them all in if everybody kind of focuses William in Baltimore. William, you're going to leave the way. Go right ahead, sir.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, how you going then? Great William all right? I was, uh, you know, I think that they should be presidential bates and Bates, And I agree with you as far as you know. And I thought Trump was gonna pick Niky Hally when anybody to her tre the Republican National Convention. I think that was a mistake. But nevertheless, I'm going to vote for Trump because, uh, I just can't support this lady man just trying to me as a black person. She wasn't never voted for anything. Uh. They're lying on Trump. You know. They won't call him a lie, but I think it's lies on both sides.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 10: I don't know if he would agree with that.
Speaker 1: But I do agree. I do agree. There are misstatements, exaggerations. Uh, there are some that that appear to be actual wise, but you'd like to think that our politicians would be better than that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, just like she said, like you said, she uh, she's calling Trump racist. I mean worked this one. He wasn't convicted of work. He was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, well that was that was Terry Kennedy, who's a you know, an intelligent woman. I assume. Uh, she she's immediately you know, she obviously didn't follow the case. But but that's neither hear. No, he was. He was of a decent assault and that was it. Not that that's a good thing to be convicted of, but it was a civil He wasn't convicted of anything because it was a civil lawsuit. He was not convicted of anything, never mind being convicted of rape.
Speaker 10: And they're doing the same thing down here, Barbimo or these people are talking about that Donald Trump is scared to debate this woman when that's not true. You know, I'm gonna ask you. You know you have Fox, you have ABC, CBS, and NBC, I think all of them. Do you know they switched The news is nothing like it was. I'm sixty five, so the news was nothing like it was when I was in my twenties when it was switched up. Your news and you know them for yourself. The news, I hate to say it, like Trump said, the stake news. I just be watching how they they give you some story, but they give me their slantic view on it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to play something for you real quick here. This was yesterday. This was ABC News with Jonathan Carl who who I do not believe is a uh he's supposed to be a reporter. He's interviewing Tom Cotton, who's Republican senator from Arkansas, and Cotton just just just wipes the floor with him. Cut twenty one, rob.
Speaker 14: President Trump is going to draw a sharp contrast with Kamala Harris, who has supported things like decriminalizing illegal immigration, or giving taxpayer funded health insurance to illegal aliens, or taking away health insurance on the job for one hundred and seventy million Americans, banning gas cars, confiscating firearms.
Speaker 1: What do you mean taking away health insurance?
Speaker 6: What are you talking about?
Speaker 14: She said when she ran for president that she wants to eliminate private health insurance on the job seventy million americans. John, Yeah, I mean, I mean that that is not her position. Now she knows how do you know this?
Speaker 10: How do you know this hers?
Speaker 14: I mean, she she says, you know, she she has not said that. Maybe anonymous age on a Friday night at that.
Speaker 1: She said nothing. That's the point, William.
Speaker 10: That's what I'm saying. And look, and this lady man is trouble. I'm telling you. She she wants to put these pore better really listen, man. You know, I'm just saying people can vote for what they want to vote for it, but I don't like the way she was installed. I don't like it. It's not right. And uh and then you know, like I said, people putting on false rumors. I have to cool it too because I had problems with my family as far as uh, you know, me and my brother grew the same thing. But I have other people in my family that will not talk to me because of this. She is said. But I know you got other college. I really enjoyed your show, man, and you are the most fair man radio. You have a lot of patience. I really admire you.
Speaker 1: I love your calls. You know that you will talk SI. Okay, thanks, I appreciate it. Okay, gonna move everybody a little bit more quickly. Tan in Boston, Welcome to night Side.
Speaker 6: How are you good? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing just great. What's on your mind tonight, Dania.
Speaker 8: I was just listening to some of the callers, and I just wanted to comment on the eighty year old that called in about that Michigan thing, because I did find that information on Fox and I did. Now, just pull it up on the New York Post, and the New York Post actually has the fourteen page document of the lawsuit that was filed last Thursday by the RNC to the Michigan Elections Committee Council, and one statement within the fourteen page document in line twenty eight, Number twenty eight of this says the City of Detroit Election Commission only appointed a total of approximately three hundred and ten Republican inspectors, but appointed approximately two thousand, three hundred and thirty seven Democrats, only fifty two of the six hundred and seventy five Republicans nominated by the NACKING to compromise the three hundred and ten Republican inspectors, leaving a total of six hundred and twenty three nominated Republicans who are not appointed.
Speaker 1: Okay, what I'm going to do is I'm going to try to google that. I'm doing it as I try to speak. Thank you for citing the New York Post for me. I'm looking at the piece here three days ago GOP grossly and numbered among Detroit pole watches seven to one lawsuit. I'm going to print this and I'll talk about it tomorrow night. Okay, I thank you.
Speaker 6: That would be great.
Speaker 1: Thank you for pointing it out to me. Again. You presented it to me in which a way in which I'm able to find it. I don't sit and watch you know, news all day long. I try to get his sources. And we'll see what this is. We'll see what all this about. I'm printing it out right now and we'll try to get to this tomorrow night. And I very much appreciate Tanye. You call him Tanya happens to be one of my favorite female names. The wife of a dear friend of mine was named Tanya. And so yeah, well we got it. We got it all here, and I promise you I very much appreciate your presentation on it a lot more, a lot more easy to understand than what Dave was talking about. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Thanks Daniel, talk to you soon.
Speaker 6: Calling time.
Speaker 1: Is this your first time calling?
Speaker 15: No, my second I call a couple of years ago. But I when I change my shifts at work, I don't really catch you that often because now I leave at nine instead of eleven.
Speaker 1: Well, you listen any night whenever you can. Okay, thanks so much. Thanks, Okay, we're going to go next to thank Tanya, Jeff and Whitman. Jeff, got it. I want to get two more in besides you. Jeff, go right.
Speaker 5: Ahead, Yeah, this will be quick.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 5: Relationship Alex P. Keaton had with his parents on Family Guy Family Ties was not a roadmap for people to actually live by. It was comedy. So I think a lot of people live their life on their sleep. They don't just have their heart on their sleeve. The whole life is on their sleep. And I grew up in the eighties and this was not the central part of our life. Our politics, our sex life were not the central part of our life. And I think that's a lot of the problem.
Speaker 1: I have to agree with you again. I think it's so sad that that families are ripped apart over this. I mean, you know, would you rip your family apart over whether you root for the Red Sox or the Yankees? I would hope not. I mean, cancel out each other's votes, that's all, and go have a beer. Yeah, you know, I loved your call, one of the best calls of the night. Thank you, Jeff, Duck you soon. Let's keep rolling here. I'm gonna get Joe and Belmont in real quick. I'm also gonna get Bill and mattapois At. Joe, you gotta be quick for me. You're calling Lake.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Joe, Dan, I'd like to know where you stand on politics.
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 5: Are you like K six from Ohio?
Speaker 9: You named four policies that you supported of his I.
Speaker 1: Liked his experience, to be honest with you, I thought that as a former as a governor and a former congressman, he was well qualified. I also thought he was very very moderate in his viewpoints, moderate in terms of he had a sense of humor. But again, I will say that that conversation for a longer night, Joe, because frankly, Kasik is not running this time. I had him on as a guest five times. I had run DeSantis on as a guest twice this past year, and I liked run de Santis as well.
Speaker 9: Okay, your name four policies you liked?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he was. Yeah. But I'm not going to do it at this hour of the night, Joe, because I want to get Bill and Mattapoison. I could boil you with four policies.
Speaker 9: But please, you wouldn't bore me.
Speaker 1: No, Joe, I'm going to go to Bill and Mattapoison. I appreciate you call. Thank you much, Bill and Mattapoison. Billy, Bill, I got about thirty seconds for you. I want to get you in.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Bill, thanks for squeezing me in.
Speaker 7: Dan, I think Campbell can win the selection without ever giving a position on anything. I read a while ago.
Speaker 1: That's a sad commentary.
Speaker 7: If it's true, it certainly is. I read an article a while ago that said the more affable candidate has won the presidency every time. The only the only recent exception was Nixon in seventy two. Less affable. But you think of Bush versus Ducacas, you think of Obama versus McCain.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're right, you are your favorite call. I'm flat out of time as I was with Bill. I'm flat out of time with you. We will talk again. Call called earlier and I promise it give you much more time. Okay, thanks Bill, appreciate it, Thank you, Rob Brooks, thank you Marita. We are back tomorrow night. I'm going to google that right now and maybe we'll talk about this out of the New York Post tomorrow. My name is Dan Ray. This is Nightside. Old Dogs talk cats Off. Let's go to heaven. That's my belt, Charlie Rays, who passed fourteen years ago in feb That's why your pets are on my past. They loved you when you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. See it again tomorrow night, everybody. Have a great Tuesday. To everyone,