Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I A M six forty, The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. One of the big ones today is the Supreme Court will now rule on a case it could end up limiting the power of federal judges when it comes to their say over President Trump's executive orders. This came to them in the form of the birthright Citizenship executive Order, which they have kind of laughed at, essentially in legal ways, but have said, well, these judges, though, they should have jurisdiction over the whole country when they when they try to shut this kind of stuff down.
Speaker 2: So maybe a victory for Trump in that regard. Other developments in the upcoming in w NBA season.
Speaker 1: Gary Shannon, The w NBA opens on Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh, the Indiana Fever plays the Chicago Sky on Saturday.
Speaker 1: We suck Saturday Saturday.
Speaker 3: Love you guys, Love you back.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we're failures.
Speaker 4: I gotta figure out what I'm going to do.
Speaker 1: I thought you were a border of women and now you're not. To watch w B A ship is sailed back to hating women. What else is new? Are going on?
Speaker 4: Time for what's happening?
Speaker 1: Tell the star. Witness in the Sean Diddy Combs federal sex crimes trial in New York is facing cross examination today. We told you this was going to go down. Cassie Ventura, testifying for the prosecution earlier in the week that Diddy abused her sexually and physically while she was trying to get her music career going. Today, the defense is taking their turn questioning her, trying to paint the relationship that she had with Combs as consensual.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: They've introduced several text messages that the former couple exchanged about their sex life. All seemed extremely consensual, as we know that can change. Just because you were into it at one point doesn't mean you were into it a later.
Speaker 4: Date, right.
Speaker 1: Colmbs is accused of forcing victims to take part in these freak offs, a drug and sex field parties over two decades, faces life in prison for sex trafficking.
Speaker 2: President Trump says he's not surprised that Russian President Putin will be a no show for what we thought were going to be peace talks with Ukraine and Turkey. He told reporters, I didn't think it was possible for Putin to go if I'm not there. The President did say that Secretary of State Marco Rubio was already in Turkey for some meetings with NATO counterparts. Trump's special lawn Voy Steve Witkoff, also expected to be in Istanbul tomorrow for what we still might see some level of Russia Ukraine talks. We know that Vladimir's Alenski is there, but he is not going to be taking part if Putin isn't there.
Speaker 1: Keeping our eye on the Karen Reid trial there in New England, where the medical examiner who performed John O'Keeffe's autopsy is tested fine today. Karen Reid is accused of hitting her former Boston cop boyfriend with her SUV after a night of drinking, leaving him to die in the snowstorm. At issue in the first trial that ended in a hung jury was the nature of John O'Keeffe's injuries. Were they consistent with being hit by a car and left to die in a snowstorm, or were they consistent with the defensive theory that he was in a fight with his other cop buddy friends, potentially a dog. Well, the examiner today is disputing that theory that he was injured in a fight or from dog bites prior to his death. We haven't heard exactly what he said, but he's just dismissing that at hand. Reads lawyers of course a Karen Reid as innocent, as being framed by those cop buddies of his.
Speaker 2: A suspected serial killer who was once thought to have had some link to the Oj Simpson case has been executed in Florida. Guy named Glenn Rogers got the lethal injection at Florida State Prison. Convicted in Florida in ninety five the murder of a thirty four year old mother of two that he had met at a bar. It turns out that there was a guy. He was also accused of a murder from nineteen ninety five in Van nys And there was at a time a suspicion that he may have had something to do with the deaths of Nicole Brown, Simpson and Ron Goldman, although the LAPD said that was never the case. There were other amateur sleuths who said that he may have had some connection to it. But again, this guy executed in Florida.
Speaker 1: Well, you know the lady at the Czech stand who challenges the prices, the checker is ringing up for groceries for you know that person. She was right, She was right. Recent Consumer Reports investigation has found that more than half of the stores Kroger stores tested by shoppers had overcharged for sale items. This was a report that alleges Kroger shoppers had been unknowingly paying full price at checkout for items that were advertised as discounted or on sale. They began a month long investigation Consumer Reports did to document the size and the breadth of the problem. It recruited people to shop at twenty six Kroger and Kroger owned stores in fourteen states in March, April, and May, and the shoppers found expired sales labels that led to overcharges on more than one hundred and fifty grocery items, including cheerios, no mucinexugh Ness cafe, boneless beef. Why is that funny?
Speaker 2: Because I think of the Far Side cartoon of the picture of boneless beef, just the cow's laying on them.
Speaker 1: You're a far side guy. My husband's a farsia be a far side guy. I'm sorry if they were a little too advanced, that's what he says. And you both can go f off salmon and dog food as well.
Speaker 2: Sorry if the far side is a little too deep in the weeds for you boneless beef come on. No, okay, hey guys, So it's a plimatization, not a climatization.
Speaker 1: Sorry, deary. It's a good try.
Speaker 3: But think acclimate, not the climate.
Speaker 1: You were thinking climate because of the Mountain Book.
Speaker 2: It's acclimatization, Yeah, limatization.
Speaker 1: Sorry that you're so dense that you didn't know that. Yes, sir, welcome to Thursday. I was just gonna say the exact same thing. That's weird and that makes no sense. Why would we even say welcome to Thursday at twelve eleven, But we both had the same thought to say the same thing. That insane.
Speaker 2: I five northbound through Pacoima. There is a police pursuit of some robbery suspects.
Speaker 4: Looks like they're in as.
Speaker 1: Steve Gregory's news via call.
Speaker 2: Get big white Ford suv to in and out of the carpool lane.
Speaker 1: It does over one hundred miles, so it does drive like this. Not as a robbery suspect though, no, just as a normal Thursday.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: I five northbound, Maybe more than one person in the car they say it is robbery suspects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, police pursuit through Pacoima. You get a head up towards the New Hall Pass, et cetera. It's going to be a little slow as you get up over by the fourteen, simply because you lose a lane.
Speaker 1: Maybe they'll take the Pair Blossom Highway.
Speaker 2: I sure hope they go on the fourteen because it'd be a lot better. But I five north Ford Expedition perhaps something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it looks like to me.
Speaker 2: Making its way now in the number one lane, not in the carpool.
Speaker 1: Does Michael Monks drive one of those? Do we know where Michael Monks is? He doesn't seem like he would evade police in a work vehicle. No, I could see him getting chippy and lippy with the with the copil.
Speaker 4: He's gonna run away from them.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think he would sass the police. His middle name is Michael SaaS Monks, Is it really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't know that. What's that short for Sasparilla, Sassafras, Oh, Sassafras. I like that just.
Speaker 2: Looks like he just went under the one seventy there where it comes in. So I five north sun Valley just past that one seventy split headed northbound on I five into the carpool lane, and it looks like he's been doing ninety plus for the most part.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of traffic.
Speaker 1: Where was the robbery?
Speaker 4: Do we know it wasn't safe?
Speaker 1: A beautiful day for a pursuit, isn't it? You talk? I mean this is I mean the sun is out, just a hint of summer teasing us. Here's the night around the corner.
Speaker 2: I don't know if other stations around the country see this from their NBC feed, you know, their NBC affiliate in Tallahassee or whatever. They get excited, but they look at that and they're like, seventy four degrees, beautiful size.
Speaker 1: It's a chamber of commerce. Pursuit, wide open freeways. Yeah, it's like the Rose Parade. But make it law enforcement, all right, we'll keep an eye on this.
Speaker 4: A chase I five northbound.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be hard to pit this beast of a vehicle. Yeah, you can't, really, you can't make it its way. It's bigger than the black and white SUVs I.
Speaker 2: Five northbound through Sun Valley as of right now.
Speaker 4: But it's making its way north.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: He's southbound on I five.
Speaker 2: He made his way towards basically down to the Glendale area where there is no hov lane. So if there were multiple people in the car, he's breaking a lot of laws.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're talking about Putin and Trump and I made the mean girls of reference, or.
Speaker 2: About it being invited to the costume party or being told it was a costume party.
Speaker 1: No, you made that reference. I just said it was like mean girls, like, well, if I'm not there, then why would he go there? Why would he go to the party if I'm at the party? One of my friends sent me this. Did anyone have that best friend in high school that was obsessed with you but also resented you and manipulated you as well as turn people against you, but in turn would cop you and would also hurt you, but be possessive over you? Or were you normal?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: On Thursdays, we like to do our small business shout out and once again revisiting. Here is Axiom Kitchen, Smoked Meats and Barbecue.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Keana Williams and Ian Mafnas. Thanks for coming back in you guys, we appreciate this.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having us, for having us again. One of the reasons that you're here is the the is third annual now third annual Long Beach Barbecue and Music Festival, and you guys are helping host it. This is a fun weekend. It's this weekend. Yes, next weekend. Next weekend. Oh, I'm sorry, I have my days mixed up anyway, not important, so next weekend. So this is like you can bring the whole family, you bring the kids. It's a whole weekend Old Day event. Tell us about it.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 5: So it's gonna be Friday and Saturday, May twenty third and twenty fourth, from twelve to nine pm at Shoreline Aquatic Park in downtown Long Beach. We're gonna have a free kids area. We're gonna have whiskey tasting at.
Speaker 1: The kids area, definitely not help with naptime adjacent to the kids for sure.
Speaker 5: And we're gonna have live performances by local artists. We're gonna have thirty of the best barbecue vendors in Sokel representing all the different types of barbecue Southern Carolina and Cali barbecue.
Speaker 1: I go to Kansas City once a year, and I've heard the comment of, well, don't you get sick of barbecue? No, like you're stating, and which is the case. Barbecue has done so differently in so many different ways that it's kind of like a different food group depending on where you go to get your barbecue. And the best part is everybody has like their idea of what like the perfect barbecue is, so they'll be like these arguments like, no, we like it with sauce, No, we like it without sauce. And I think that's one of the most beautiful things about barbecue is that it's like so diverse. Well sometimes like on a Tuesday, I don't want the sauce, but by Thursday I'm in a sauce mood, you know.
Speaker 4: Tell us about the history of Axiom Kitchen.
Speaker 5: So Axiom Kitchen is a restaurant. Kena and I started back in twenty twenty two. It was we got married in twenty twenty one and then I smoked a brisket and I brought it to her and she was like, where'd.
Speaker 4: You get you?
Speaker 1: She married you before she had the bristol.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course, Wow, I thank you keeping it secret?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, how do you keep your brisket secret?
Speaker 4: It's an advanced move.
Speaker 5: So and then she was like where'd you get this? And I was like the backyard. And she's like, oh my god. We got to do something with this. So we started Axiom and we started as a pop up and then we got a shared kitchen and the barbecue Vessel was a birthday for Axiom and we had it at Trademark Brewing in Long Beach and too many people showed up.
Speaker 1: This looks a good festival problem to.
Speaker 5: Have, right, definitely. So the next year we had it at Shoreline Aquatic Park and that was last year and we had thirty five hundred people show up on one day.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: And I told her, I said, we got to do two days next year. So this year it's two days and it's also hosted by a Nozark Foundation, which is a nonprofit we created to honor our late son Noah, who passed away by gun violence. So all the proceeds will go to nose ARC so we can continue to help individuals experiencing homelessness, families, and transitional ag youth as well.
Speaker 1: How long do you smoke? Your brisket for sixteen hours. Sixteen hours, that is dedication. You can almost taste it.
Speaker 5: He was a pecan, wood, apple wood and white oak.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I think it's partial, but I think his is the brisket I've tasted. Well, that's what you're supposed to say, but it sounds like it. Did he talk about the brisket at all? Before you marry a little bit, you're start like, I am like, I cannot get over this. He literally sprung it on me and he was like, here it tastes. I'm like, wait, who made this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did. I was like, because like, if you do a good brisket, that's part of your personality, right, you know, like that's something I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: That would be a first date thing, right, second date maybe? Yeah? All right, So I mean this idea that putting together this thing for now two days and again it's next Friday, Yeah, next Friday and Saturday, the twenty third and twenty fourth, twelve to nine down at the Shoreline Aquatic Park. You have some buy in from some amazing other restaurants in here. I mean all second to Axiom in terms of there's taste and stuff, but still very very good. How do you convince them to come out If everybody's barbecue, aren't you kind of flooding the zone at that point?
Speaker 5: You'd be surprised. Last year everybody slowed out.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: So apparently people really love barbecue, and people love the different types of barbecue, and everyone has their own signature that they do. Like we have Smoking Rubens doing brisket bombs and Texas twinkies. We have Kleafa's Barbecue doing his version of brisket and crispy pork belly. We have mcgea's who's been in the game for a long time, bringing his signature brisket.
Speaker 1: And I guess we have vegan options too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right, right, of course, Southern California at this point actually.
Speaker 5: Fresh off the yacht bringing the vegan fair for the vegan individual so that way it can be inclusive as well, because that was one of the problems last year's we didn't have any vegetarian or vegan so I think we even have some gluten free options as well.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked that somebody would go to a barbecue place that was a vegan and be like, what are the options for me? Like that's wild, That is freaking any but any place else other than California, I be old like, look at you like you're crazy. What is a Texas twinkie?
Speaker 5: Texas tinky is a hall opinion that's been split open stuff with brisket and wrapped with bacon.
Speaker 4: Stop twinkie about that?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, they do us all the time in Texas. So that's like a big Texas style hallopen you'll popper plus Yeah, that's amazing plus plus.
Speaker 5: Plus I'm personally looking forward to trying it now.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, It's funny how you hear things and you just know you're you're meant to hear them. I was meant to hear that.
Speaker 2: Texas a couple of quick websites to tell people about. Obviously Axiom Kitchen bbq dot com. That's your website. But tickets for the third annual Long Beach Barbecue Music Festival Long Beach bbqfest dot com.
Speaker 4: This is where you can get tickets.
Speaker 2: You can just search bard as well and find it there again next Friday and Saturday, Shoreline Aquatic Park there in Long Beach.
Speaker 1: This fool's driving through downtown LA on the five going the wrong way, an idiot.
Speaker 4: He was not listening to the show. Obviously.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for this barbecue festival. I will be in town that weekend, so I will I will definitely go to this shoreline Aquatic Park. It is May twenty third and twenty fourth, Saturday Friday and Saturday Friday and Saturday twelve to nine pm. You can check out Long Beach Barbecue Fest dot com for your tickets. Again, Long Beach Barbecue Fest dot com barbecue, live music, community, fun place you can just dump your kids. Well, you go have the whiskey. It's a whole thing. It's a hold to do.
Speaker 2: Keana Ian, Thanks for coming in, Good to see you, and best of luck next weekend.
Speaker 4: Strange science. When we come back to Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking that I would have heard that on AM five seventy, more so than this.
Speaker 4: Here you go, every car is white?
Speaker 2: Now, did you know that there's a lot of white cars on the road?
Speaker 1: Next?
Speaker 2: Sure, In this case, we are following this police chase of a white Ford expedition. I'm making its way now from I five South on to the ten East.
Speaker 1: It likes to bump cars in front of it, even though it's driving through I don't know East LA, Downtown LA, where it's a super busy and there's going to be traffic, and it's not like these cars are going to do anything to get out of the way. But he's just like bumping into people randomly. I checked bumper cars almost if.
Speaker 2: He is listening, he is still eligible technically to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: We'll tell you how he could pick it up.
Speaker 3: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website bank. That's bank ba NK Enter it now at KFI eight six forty dot com, slash cash Howard by.
Speaker 4: Sweet James Act Attorneys.
Speaker 1: If you're hern.
Speaker 3: Winning is everything called the Winning Attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: Again that keyword bank goes on the website. We'll do it again next hour. Give you a chance to win a thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: He's on the ten there in your Crenshaw there in stop traffic because that's what the ten is going to do. But he did kind of slow down as you played that thousand dollars deal. Maybe he was writing down the keyword to enter it on the website.
Speaker 4: So not a great idea.
Speaker 2: That seems like it would be against the law to write something down while you're driving.
Speaker 4: On the front.
Speaker 1: Well, he is a rule follower.
Speaker 2: He's going, like you said, slower than the rest of traffic around him.
Speaker 1: He can't go that f I mean, it's stopped traffic there. You got to get off the freeway, sir.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's his best option now that and here's my question, is I don't quite understand the cops are passing him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're going to shut down the freeway and block it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what it was.
Speaker 4: They're so white car, long car.
Speaker 1: He wasn't slowing down and writing down the keyword. They got they start following another white su be there your camera did.
Speaker 2: We're at the mercy of the Channel four helicopter here, and they apparently come on and.
Speaker 1: Get your head out of your behind. It's easy to do everyone that's a white SUV. Would you like your Jeopardy question? We'll we playing catch up here. Slang for four hundred dollars of for now, for real or forever. The phrase that's phenomenous, synonymous with the newer slang term no cap. Is it for now, for real or forever? No cap.
Speaker 4: For real?
Speaker 1: That's right, no lie, no cap. I feel like I haven't heard no cap in a couple of years, though even I was like.
Speaker 4: That was a while ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on now, got to keep up, got to stay currings.
Speaker 4: Got to have your finger on the pulse, which is also one hundred and forty years old.
Speaker 2: This Chase White Suv big Ford Expedition is making its way on the ten East faster than traffic, at about fifty miles an hour, which isn't really saying much because traffic along the ten is going to be busy all day every day. He has been bumping cars that appear in front of him that slow down. At least two that we saw. The passenger side mirror is just barely dangling. I don't know if he knocked it off with somebody.
Speaker 1: Got to hate it by somebody arriving on the ten. When I lived in the Marina, the ten was the worst. I mean, the four h five always a mess, but the ten just where your soul would just die.
Speaker 4: He's up on that left shoulder.
Speaker 2: Now there's no there's no hov lane on that stretch of the ten. So he's up into the left shoulder, right next to the center barrier and is doing about seventy miles an hour.
Speaker 4: He's picked it up quite.
Speaker 1: A bit past West Adams. He's at Librea area now as well, gonna pick up some speed, but then he's gonna have to slow down again. Probably let's look at Sigaler. Let's see what it says. What do we know about this guy? Maybe Santa Clarita's where this thing started. Robbery suspect, maybe suspects, We don't know.
Speaker 4: They changed it.
Speaker 2: The original title suggested that there were multiple people, but police in pursuit of robbery suspect CHP is obviously part of it.
Speaker 4: We don't know if it was the.
Speaker 2: Sheriff's department that started it or a local police department that started it, but it is something that's making its way along the ten east.
Speaker 1: Like you said, he's gonna hit some severe traffic real quick, like now, real quick, real quick, because right after Librea where it's yellow, you're gonna by the time you get to Western you're gonna hit a solid red line on Sigelert and then you're downtown and you're dumb. You're a dumb dumb Yeah, even right now, dumb, dumb, dumb. You should have hit the fourteen and just gone off. You should have gone the other way, right, go the other way. All right.
Speaker 2: We'll keep an eye on this, so we're gonna do some strange signs when we come back, including the Flamingos.
Speaker 1: They suck up their pray with an underwater vretech. How do they do it? The wattle chot chaw, the wattle chatcha.
Speaker 4: Gary and Shannon will continue, But.
Speaker 1: You don't need to do that. Sit down, Oh my god, Okay, you don't need to take that off. Good lord.
Speaker 4: I was showing you my chot chop.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Police were chasing a big white Ford expedition, apparently stolen out of Baker's Field, of all places, made its way all the way down here.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he was upset about it.
Speaker 1: You don't think it was venting Baker's Field. You don't think it was Vince. Was it on his birthday? I hope not.
Speaker 4: I hope not. But they have gotten this guy out.
Speaker 2: The left front tire disintegrated, which prompted him to kind of pull over, and that's when CHP rolled up behind him. He got out of the vehicle and did the whole felony stop.
Speaker 1: Then. Is not the best commercial for Ford.
Speaker 4: So it's going to be a mess out there.
Speaker 2: If you're headed ten westbound towards the coast, it's right at over right before the overland exit. So the ten westbounds before you get to the four h five is where this guy is right now, and it'll be there for a while as they clear the vehicle, make sure there's nobody else in there, and just a lot of people slowing down to take a look at all of this.
Speaker 1: I thought he was going eastbound. He was going westbound.
Speaker 2: They a couple of different times they had the wrong indicator direction indicator.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Well you ended up going well ten through mid city is never a good idea, all right, time for stray science.
Speaker 3: Science. It's like weird science, but strange. I love it.
Speaker 1: He ever aience comes out of vacations? Okay, did you ever notice how a flamingo eats? They call it captivating? Captivatingly peculiar. That is, they bob their inverted heads in the water and do a wattle chocha as they inched their way across shallow water.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Look, no, I don't want to look at that anymore. Geez, that is a wattle chot chi. Yeah, I don't that's so unnecessary.
Speaker 4: I'll never get that out of here.
Speaker 1: No, and now I'm enough to do an extra sleep meditation.
Speaker 4: Let me give you one. Sorry, go ahead. I was gonna whisper it to you, so you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna whisper it to me? What was that going to be?
Speaker 4: Wattle chotcha?
Speaker 1: I hate you and everything you are.
Speaker 2: The flamingos inch their way across the water, shallow water. They filter feed the little small crustaceans and insects and the microscotic algae and other tiny aquatic morsels.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The guy who saw this is an integrative biologist at UC Berkeley, a guy named Victor Ortega Jimenez. He was on a trip with his wife and kid at the Atlanta Zoo.
Speaker 1: Isn't that fascinating that a biologist would choose to go to a zoo as part of his vacation, Like that's his work.
Speaker 2: He didn't want to get away from it, nerd, So he really he wanted to know what was going on beneath the water, because you can't see what's going on down there, obviously, so he said he actually looked it up and couldn't find any description of what was happening in the scientific literature.
Speaker 1: I pissed off is Victor's wife. Like Victor is a biologist, he spends long days working at Berkeley studying animals. Victor does. Finally the wife is able to pull him away. They've got a little kid, and she's like, let's go to Atlanta. We can go to Magic City, we can do the things, and Victor's like cool. And day three of their trip, Victor's like, let's go to the zoo. And Victor sees this flamingo flamingoing and is captivated and then decides to spend hours doing what his wife pulled him away from at Berkeley. All she wants is to go get some wings at Magic City, and there's Victor. There's Victor, obsessed over the flamingos. Yes, with the kid. Several years of research.
Speaker 2: After this trip to the Atlanta Zoo, he and his colleagues arrive at a discovery described this week in the proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. He said that flamingos are active predators. They don't just scoop up with water hoping that there's stuff in it. They actually harness the physics of how water flows to sweep up the prey and funnel it directly into their mouths. They're not passive filter feeders. Flamingos produce vortices. Already knows that.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, cool about the vortases. How about those lou will wings. Honey, we leave the zoo now, we can make it there for dinner.
Speaker 2: Zoo keepers in Nashville actually trained the birds to feed in a clear container, which allowed the scientists to record what was happening using the high speed cameras, even fluid dynamic methods with dye in the water and things like that. The scientists would generate oxygen bubbles and then add food particles to measure and visualize the flow of the water as the birds were feeding. They initially did this with live birds, and then they built a three D model of a flamingo head and used it more to more precisely explore the bird's biomechanics. Now, I don't know what. Yes, this is an amazing finding, but to what end do we now know more about our world around us?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: But does it feed more people? Does it help us in any way? That's the part I don't quite get about it. Doctor Ortegajimenez also said that what the birds do with their feet, they explored using the mechanical flamingo foot and computational modeling, the dancing motion of their web dependages underwater produced more vortices that pushed even more particles towards their birds mouths as they fed upside down in the water. And they said, when you do these things together, the flamingos are highly specialized super feeding machines that use their entire body for feeding. I dated her in college. Ones the another biologist that's so gross biophysicistic cornell A, not involved with the study, did say, this is an outstanding demonstration of how biological form and motion can control the surrounding fluid to serve a functional role.
Speaker 1: Angela, No, oh, no, it's different. I mean there's a whole trader. What you called Angela on Monday? Nothing?
Speaker 4: I said a name?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What did I say?
Speaker 1: I think you were saying it to make me feel better.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I was trying to diffuse the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate that humor does That was really nice. Thank you. You know how I like name calling of others to make myself feel better. The John Cobalt shows coming up next. I did not know this, but the listener who won the auction item as to be co host with John is coming in today. That is must listen. I'm glad. I'm going to be in the car for a while.
Speaker 4: Where are you going?
Speaker 1: Where am I going home? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Oh well, hey, maybe in our secrets of me, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Maybe I haven't gotten Magic City Wings out of my head. Maybe I'm hitting the road, hitting the ten away from that pursuit guy, does it go there?
Speaker 2: I think the forty goes to Atlanta. I mean, you could get a lot of the way there on the ten, but I.
Speaker 1: Think you've got to make it.
Speaker 4: You got to make a lane change at some point.
Speaker 1: If you miss any part of the show, go back and check out the podcast right after the show.
Speaker 4: Now it's going to be posted.
Speaker 2: So if you subscribe to the podcast, which is a great idea.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, If you subscribe to one thing only it should be the podcast, just because there's so much fun stuff in there, like the new podcast ELP that comes out on Saturdays. Guys, it's really dirty. It's something the far pretty high there.
Speaker 4: It's really it is.
Speaker 1: And I get to pick the topic this week and guess what it is? Really dirty the.
Speaker 2: Wattle chatcha Gary and Shannon will show, Hey a tawny bobblehead Night ten.
Speaker 4: Night fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we already said that. I know, but I get into the podcast. You're here, Oh okay, I'll listen to the podcast. People have been lining up since what two weeks ago? Probably, I mean, that's a live look. That's insanity. That is insanity.
Speaker 2: Lots of thousands of people all listen to the John Cobalt Show.
Speaker 4: That's coming up next. We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Stay drive, everybody, blessings.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio lap