Speaker 1: Thank you very much for being a part the best part of our day. My name is Sandy. I'm the star of the show. Geez see how I turned it around?
Speaker 2: I do, and it sounds equally ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really does.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine like Jimmy Kimmel coming out going Hi, I'm Jimmy Kimble.
Speaker 3: I'm the star of the show. It just doesn't work that way.
Speaker 2: People didn't do that.
Speaker 1: This is my beautiful, talented, get somewhat acerbic wife.
Speaker 3: Her name is Tricia.
Speaker 2: My friends, and away we go.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys enjoyed your weekend, got a little bit of rest, a little bit of play. But I guarantee it none of you watched as much television as Tricia ed.
Speaker 2: Nope, you did not.
Speaker 3: Good lord.
Speaker 1: She was telling me before we got started here that she watched an entire season of a TV show in well, one full day and then one episode on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I watched seven of the eight episodes on Saturday, and it's twelve thirty at night.
Speaker 2: I was like, I can't last episode. I couldn't do.
Speaker 3: She's proud of this, Yeah, she's proud of.
Speaker 5: It, and it was a good show. It's called The Perfect Couple on Netflix. Nicole Kidman, Leev Schreiber, right, Donovan, yep, Oh, he's super hot and it's a good show.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll check it out.
Speaker 1: There's another one I just started watching called Gangs of London is really good too.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's just another version of peaky Blinders, which there's nothing wrong with.
Speaker 2: That modern peak blind that modern day version of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Better. What's the first thing that made you laugh?
Speaker 5: All right, listen, if drunk me said or did something, you got to take it up with drunk me, don't come it sober me.
Speaker 2: We weren't there. We don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: I read recently that the first thing a majority of people, the first thing they do in the morning, when after a night of drinking or getting drunk, you know what it is, check their social media to make sure post something stupid.
Speaker 5: Well, see, we didn't have that luxury back in the day. There's no social media, Thank goodness that. It was a lot of talking to people like what let me do just the last thing I remember, and somebody'd be like, all right, this is the last thing I like you piece your night take And that was part of the fun. Yeah, of going out was piecing it all together. Yeah, now people are just really worried. Boy, I'm glad they're wearing all the cameras and stuff.
Speaker 2: Too, because once it's out there, it's out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And now you know what, people today aren't having as much fun because of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're scared to have fun. They're afraid to get canceled, to get.
Speaker 5: Cance Oh I think you said afraid to get cancer. Afraid to get canceled. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Considering social media is one of the ways that people vet you for employment, yep, and background checks and stuff.
Speaker 1: Heck, yeah, that's why everybody needs a shadow account on social.
Speaker 5: Let our daughter hear you say that I have. She has a fake one, I know, but I know about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I think I know about it.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show today, we've got a start date for a TV show that Tricia and I are really looking forward to. Speaking of TV shows, it's one of our all time favorites. It's kind of a pre equal to Dexter. We're going to tell you about that. Also later on in the show, we can add to the list of things that I have been informed I do wrong since I got married.
Speaker 3: There's another one to the list.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's the Sandy Show and we are thrilled to collaborate with our bank. Easily open an account online at www dot r dot bank. Remember FDI se well, the Dallas Cowboys ruined a have the perfect football weekend for me.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: That was a short lived love for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: You're right too, I'm mad as hall at them.
Speaker 1: I mean, the the Long Warns win big on Saturday, I have all every football weekend. I'm like, well, the Cowboys win, it's the perfect football weekend. Cowboys didn't end up there live up to their end of the deal. How'd you like to be a fan that spent all that money to go to the Cowboys at AT and T Stadium in Arlington and then just see him get whipped by the Saints, I mean whipped?
Speaker 3: Would not be happy?
Speaker 2: No, It's still fun to be at that stadium though. That stadium's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a Jerry Jones is trying to pay for one day by charging thirty bucks for a drink.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So on a lighter note and much better news, airplane behavior is much much better. Would you say, down? Bad behavior off seventy five percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people losing their minds up in the air is down by seventy five percent compared to last year.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been on an airplane when someone acted a fool?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think so I have. I mean, I've been people who are rude who try and get off the plane not in order, or do gross things like take their shoes off and try and put their feet you know what I mean. Nobody who's caused a huge problem.
Speaker 1: I had a woman that when everyone was lining up trying to get off the airplane, was screaming and yelling like what's taken so long? And was cursing and was all this stuff, and then she started climbing over seats and.
Speaker 3: It was weird. Yeah, very very weird.
Speaker 1: But I guess it's good to know that you may not have as many problems have you had in the past. Right right, This is The Sandy Show on one oh three point one, Austin's eighties station, streaming on the iHeart Radio app and follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official. It's the Sandy Show and we are thrilled to be partners with our bank. Take the step to open your account online at www dot r dot bank. Member fdic. He's been married for twenty seven years, talking about Snoop Dogg and and sharing what his secret.
Speaker 3: Is this I gotta hear this ought to be random. It's coming up in just a second.
Speaker 1: The new emojis are out and I'm not really all that excited because I really only use about three of them. Yeah, they could make a bazillion of them, and I'd stay with the same three because I don't have time just scroll.
Speaker 3: Through them all.
Speaker 2: There's so many to look for.
Speaker 1: Right, We're getting to turn up a leafless tree, a heart, a harp excuse me, the official flag of Sark, which is an island in the English Channel. We're also getting a face with under eye bags, that's what I'll use, a fingerprint, a purple splat, and a shovel.
Speaker 2: All right, I mean, okay, thank god, you're right boy.
Speaker 1: We just could go on with it. We're going backwards in time. Early man used hieroglyphics drawings to communicate, right.
Speaker 2: And they make these big announcements when new emojis are coming out, which makes you think there's like a whole team of people who've been working.
Speaker 5: Really hard on this next bat. They have been, and now we've got to make a big deal to announce it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I think that's weird.
Speaker 3: I do too. I think you're weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're weird too.
Speaker 3: These stories we love.
Speaker 5: Okay, So last week, first of all, let me start off by saying long celebrity marriages in Hollywood, they're unique, they're a big deal. And last week we heard about Jamie Lee Curtis's secret to her forty year marriage, which I think is pretty good advice. It says, stay on the bus because the scenery will change. They're saying, you don't quit, stay on the bus, scenery is going to change.
Speaker 2: True, Okay, true. Now we're moving on to Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 5: He's been married for twenty seven years and secret to his is he says, quote, she understands me. She's a great mother, a tremendous grandmother, and an excellent wife and great friend.
Speaker 2: But what he says was I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: What he says is you learn as time goes by, You run this, you run that because I make bad decisions. The good to my bad is my wife that's perfect.
Speaker 3: And one hundred percent agree with that. It kind of goes that.
Speaker 1: A good example in our marriage of that is whenever we have a project where things need to be moved or organized, I don't touch a thing until I'm told what to do, because I'm not good at that to the extreme. I'm good at lifting things, yeah, and moving things out there very strong, but I'm not good at putting it in the right spot.
Speaker 3: So I just wait till I do what I'm told.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm channeling my grandfather.
Speaker 5: Every time we pack or unpack a trunk on the back of a car or a moving truck. It's I remember standing at the back of our gigantic trunk on my grandfather's Crown Victoria before we'd go on a trip we used to drive to Georgia year and him explaining to me in great detail how to make use of all of the space and what items to put in first and which one's to leave last. I'm telling you, every year I got this tutorial.
Speaker 1: The lesson I learned from your grandfather was that the job is not done until the tools are put away. Yeah, that's the one I read, and I put that into play in my life.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: He's like, Tricia, you don't go out and put up a fence. And when you're done building the fence, leave the extra fence posts and the extra barbed wire and the tools and the truck out in the pasture, do you And I was like, no, sir, he said, if you are not finished until everything is put back in its proper spot.
Speaker 1: But I've been on enough farms and ranches all across the country to know that a lot of them, when a farm implement breaks down, that's where it lives.
Speaker 2: I'm not on my grandfather's.
Speaker 3: That's where it That's where the tractor will be forever.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not just going to stay right there. So Snoopy, that's good advice. I had no idea.
Speaker 3: He had been married twenty seven years.
Speaker 5: Twenty seven years. He's a grandfather. I just think that's funny. How funny would that be to have Snoop as your grandfather?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you want your grandpa stoned all the time, all.
Speaker 2: The time, all the time. He's a good guy though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely, he's boy. He took over the Olympics.
Speaker 5: He did, and I loved it, and it made the Olympics more interesting for me.
Speaker 3: They did a good job with that.
Speaker 2: He did a great job.
Speaker 3: Whoever made that he made bank too doing it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I heard like five hundred thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, good for you, snoop, get it when you can still to come. If you're a fan of Dexter, don't go anywhere, because wait till you hear the cast of the new one. It's called Original Sin. We'll tell you when it's out too, you know. To the casual listener, you might think that though all this radio show is about is talking about TV shows that but well, Tricia is a huge consumer of TV. I am a massive, like super user of television.
Speaker 5: It's the way my anxiety levels go down as I just watch TV.
Speaker 1: And I get excited about certain shows, right, and I get really excited about them. And by the way, one of them, Penguin comes out this week, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, streaming. Yes, we're in theaters.
Speaker 1: It's a it's an episodic show. Oh it is, yeah, a movie. Okay, that's the new one with Colin Firth.
Speaker 5: No, Colin Farrell, Colin straight now.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited about that this week.
Speaker 1: But coming on December thirteenth.
Speaker 3: Original Sin, the Dexter prequel.
Speaker 1: Now for just a few seconds here, Let's pretend there's someone out there that's never watched Dexter on showtime. Dexter is the story of a serial killer, but only kills people that have it coming right.
Speaker 5: He has the urges, he has the inner darkness and wants to kill people. And when his dad realizes this, they come up with a code and Dexter.
Speaker 3: Has to check the boxes.
Speaker 5: Gets I know, he gets to you know, satisfy that urge by killing people.
Speaker 2: But he can only kill people who deserve to be killed.
Speaker 1: And he struggles sometimes with with the code. Right, it is dark passenger.
Speaker 5: And his dad is gonna be played by Christian Slater, A great, great actor is the one who comes up with the code and tries to contain Dexter.
Speaker 3: So this is a little Dexter.
Speaker 1: This new one is a small Dexter learning the code.
Speaker 3: Here's the trailer.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I am a killer, but I wasn't born this way. I was made by my history other people around me. They say it takes a village to raise a killer.
Speaker 2: Good Dexter grew up in the club. Apparently he did.
Speaker 1: But this comes out on a December the thirteenth. It's gonna be on Paramount Plus and on showtime, and I can't wait to see this. The great thing, and we've pointed this out several times, the great thing about Dexter is that he's got so many balls in the air and is at any moment could go down.
Speaker 2: Get taught, hair away from getting caught.
Speaker 3: And that we have decided is the formula for a great TV show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, yep.
Speaker 5: We saw it again with Vic Mackey in the Shield, the Shield, Oh my gosh, constantly on the edge of your seat, about to get caught, about to get caught. But Dexter is the very first show I ever binged watched.
Speaker 3: What are some of the other big stars. Sarah Michelle Geller?
Speaker 5: I think Sarah Michelle Geller is in it. Patrick Dempsey is in it. Christian Slater is Dexter's dad, and then also Michael C.
Speaker 2: Hall.
Speaker 5: The original Dexter is the voice, the inner voice in young Dexter's head right, narrating throughout the show.
Speaker 1: So this is the third third revolution of Dexter. We had the original, then we had the conclusion, remember Dexter strikes back whatever, and then now we've got.
Speaker 5: This one original sin how they made him. Yeah, it's gonna be so good. It is gonna be great.
Speaker 1: I can't I wonder who's gonna play his sister, A young version of his sister.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, yeah, oh yeah, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe it doesn't sound like maybe she's gonna have a really big part in this one like she did in the other one.
Speaker 1: Right, so look forward to that December the thirteenth. All right, she's Trisha. My name is Sandy. Don't forget to grab the Sandy Show podcast. We make it available every day music and commercial free. Just search the Sandy Show where you get podcast. More coming up. Ask Alexa to play what O three point one, Austin's eighties station on iHeartRadio. A lot of you listening may have never heard this part of the show. It's called Care don't Care. Well, Tricia will list off three different stories that caught her eye. And if I say I care, she'll tell me more. If I say I don't care, she'll try to tell me more. And if I say hard don't care, then she can't say anything else at all.
Speaker 5: Right, And didn't it one point? We have a hard don't care infinity.
Speaker 3: Yes, that means never again to be brought.
Speaker 5: Up never ever, ever, ever under penalty of being punished.
Speaker 3: Just making it up as you go along over there.
Speaker 4: Okay, well let's do it.
Speaker 2: Double gong.
Speaker 3: H that was a double gonger today, right. The gong's the best part of that.
Speaker 2: The best part of the whole thing. Y'all.
Speaker 5: Just know listening that in the studio, we are making the gong motion with our arms when the gong goes off.
Speaker 2: So join it. Do it in your car, right, do it wherever you're listening exactly. It's fun, all right, Sandy.
Speaker 5: Number one question, do you care or don't care to find out what a new study has discovered about snacking on chips and dip?
Speaker 3: What's that one saying? You said, sometimes I'll be snacking.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I'm not paying attention because what is it? So some times I can't hear the TV because I'd.
Speaker 2: Be snacking to that.
Speaker 3: So based on that funny saying, yes, I will care.
Speaker 1: What about a new stuff everyone's snacking right now with football season?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, so a new study has discovered and why they had to do a study on this, I don't know that snackers consume seventy seven percent more calories when eating chips served with the dip rather than when they just eat chips alone without dip. Someone got funding for this study funding for that, so people don't eat fewer chips when.
Speaker 2: Dip is added. How ridiculous of a study is this?
Speaker 5: Because everybody knows the chip is what transports the dip to your mouth, right, So how could you have dip and no chips.
Speaker 2: People are supposed to use their fingers.
Speaker 3: I guess, So how do you figure that's more calories?
Speaker 2: I know, I don't understand that. And they also found out that people will eat chips faster when dip is involved, which just makes me see a people of frenzied people eating chips and dips as fast as they can.
Speaker 3: Now, I want some of your mom's hot sauce. Will you call her and ask her to make some?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to do that, you know what?
Speaker 5: I want some of the French onion dip, but only with ruffles only, of course ruffles. I don't know what kind of people eat it without ruffles. Sandy care or don't care to find out what schools are doing to try and curb student and teen vaping?
Speaker 3: Is that an issue?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I remember when our daughter was in middle school. It was a huge thing. Kids were getting caught in the bathroom. Teachers were having to be stationed right outside the bathrooms. I care all right, teen vaping is down because some schools are putting vape detectors in the restrooms and they're being paid for by the company Jewel Juul because they lost a one point seven billion dollar LOSSUOL regarding vaping and advertising it towards teens and kids that were underaged.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: So yeah, other people are up in arms about that because they say it's an evasion of the children's privacy.
Speaker 1: I remember the smokers in high school in the bathroom and you had to walk and you walked into the men's the bathroom in my high school, you had to say cool so that they knew that it wasn't the teacher.
Speaker 5: Oh so they didn't freak out and put out the cigare exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: And finally, Sandy care or don't care to find out what a woman was arrested for accidentally doing that. I think the cops are just as much a fault as fault for this as the guy who called the cops.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll care.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fifty eight roll year old woman in Canada was arrested in charge with the salt after she accidentally sprayed a neighbor with a water gun while she was playing with some kids. She was running around in the yard and the neighbor was standing in his yard and she accidentally sprayed him with the water gun. He called the cops, and the cops came and arrested her, and now she's been suspended from her job until the court data is gone.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, that's insane.
Speaker 3: I agree with you. That's stupid.
Speaker 1: He's a scrooge that is cared out.
Speaker 3: Podcast and stay caught up.
Speaker 2: His stories, all right.
Speaker 5: Dwayne the Rock Johnson says that after having tequila at an adult party, you know is the thing a little adult party trick.
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 5: My guy is quite so talented, he says, party tricks, of course, depending on the age crowd age of the crowd. For kids, he transforms into Maui from Mawana and sings and makes his pegs bounce around.
Speaker 2: Correct. But for adults this is what he said.
Speaker 5: Quote with tequila, I do this thing where I pick up a grape. Not with my hands, not with my feet, not even my mouth. Then he said, right now, my publicist is looking at me like, please, God, don't say anymore.
Speaker 2: Stop talking. I've seen this party trick done by the rock.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, right, why just a drunk person. You know what they use to pick it up with?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The oh.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's only one body part left that potentially could grab something and pick something up.
Speaker 2: Well, what this is big giant rock biscuits.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, But he can also be done with the belly button. Can get any belly button? You can lay on top of it and squeeze or stuff. I don't think I could.
Speaker 3: Some can, some can't.
Speaker 5: Okay, So all I'm saying is I don't like this image in my in my brain of the rocks but picking up a grape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that. I don't like that. You gotta pull his pants down, and I mean I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: Want that the rock squatting like he's down on the ground.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. The whole the whole process of picking it up, assuming it is his butt, it couldn't be anything else if it's not his mouth, his hands, or his feet.
Speaker 3: Nope, I can't think of a name.
Speaker 2: I just don't know why he would say this. Why would he what was the question?
Speaker 3: I bet I could do that.
Speaker 2: E I don't even want to picture you don't want to picture anybody doing that.
Speaker 3: If you're really brave, you eat the grape.
Speaker 2: No, that's you're nasty. That's gross. Why did I not know that you were gonna make it even more gross than it already?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 3: I like?
Speaker 1: I like the fact that the Rock is still a sophomore in high school.
Speaker 2: Right, No, he definitely is.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, I feel like has a little bit of that edge of like he seems very polished and professional and good and you know, but he's but.
Speaker 2: He's still He probably loves spart jokes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet he does parts on his life laughs real hard, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, speaking of wives and the Rocket Atrician, I had an impromptu wrestling match on the bed the other day.
Speaker 5: What did you find out? Nothing that I was incredibly strong.
Speaker 1: You're like, whoa, oh, yeah, that you are strong, But I wasn't using all my mic Oh.
Speaker 2: I think you might have been shop it right now. You came.
Speaker 5: I was laying on the bed and you came and just.
Speaker 2: Just timbered on me, laid down on me. We're trying to tickle me or die. I think I just freaked out because I got cluttered exactly.
Speaker 3: And started moving. So I started entered down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, don't make me kick you in your bisct hole