Speaker 1: Seven oh six at fifty five AIRCD talk station Very Happy Friday eight, Senator Ran Paul at about in the hour. In the meantime, Welcome back to the fifty five PRC Morning Show. On the website to refer to people, it's Protect Prosperity Day, Protect Prosperity dot Com with Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity. Donovan, Welcome back to the Morning Show. My friend's good to hear from you today, Brian. Great to be here with you, and I'm telling you these expiring trunk tax cuts. I don't know if you saw the reporting. I got a They was widely reported, but I got it out of Fox News. Ernst and Young did a study on behalf of the American National Association of Manufacturing. They figured if Congress does not act by the end of this year to preserve the tax cuts and Jobs Acts that they call the Trump Tax Cuts, we will lose an estimated five point nine million in American jobs and it will impact the economy profoundly. They say the manufacturing sector alone five hundred and forty billion dollars in lost wages of one point eight nine trillion GDP swordfall. The manufacturing jobs. One point one three seven million manufacturing jobs at one sector alone will be lost if these tax cuts don't remain in place. That's just that's that's some serious numbers, Donovan.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's why we at Americans for Prosperity have launched this Protect Prosperity campaign. It's a twenty million dollar, fifty state campaign that is designed to help raise awareness and apply necessary pressure on Congress to make sure they act, because you're really dealing with two things here, right, We're coming out of four years of Bidenomics, where folks have experienced massive increases in inflation that many folks call a hit in tax And then what the number two punch if Congress fails to act, as you sort of as you outlined there very well, is if the Trump tax cuts from twenty seventeen are allowed to expire, now you're gonna see an actual increase, a visible tax increase on your bill, on your paycheck you get every two weeks. And that's why we need to get Congress to act protect prosperity and make the Trump tax cuts permanent as soon as possible this year.
Speaker 1: So is this effort in terms of how the logistics of the Protect Prosperity work. The twenty million dollar nation nationwide campaign you're talking about, is it to just the raise awareness about these specific points so the American population is aware that we need these tax cuts in place in order to continue our prosperity. Or are you asking people to take action to get in touch with their elected officials in DC to tell them to pass to keep these taxes at the current level.
Speaker 3: I mean, how's the effort going to work? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's what we do beast right, And you're so many times talking about it, and your listeners give us a hand all the time with it, and we're gonna get out there and get things done right. Part of what we're doing right now is elevating the voices of Ohioans who want to see these tax cuts made permanent, right, connecting them to their member of Congress.
Speaker 3: Because here's what we're gonna do right. We got Bernie Marino.
Speaker 2: Elected, We've got great folks like Warren Davidson here in Ohio, Jim Jordan and many others, Dave Taylor down in Southwest Ohio.
Speaker 3: They've committed to getting this stuff done right.
Speaker 2: But what we need to do is give them the support, the grassroots support to make sure that they have the stories to file in the halls of Congress, right and talk about the real Americans who are going to be impacted if these tax cuts are out to inspire. So it's a full court grassroots press that we'll be engaging on over the next four to six months to help see this get done well.
Speaker 1: Speaking to Ohio specifically because you're the Ohio state Director of Americans for Prosperity Donovan, and I saw your quote on this, let my listeners know the impact on ohioans in terms of dollar amounts if these expire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the average cost is going to be about twelve hundred dollars for individuals that their tax rates will go up. Businesses will see an average of eight hundred and twenty one. Keep in mind these are averages, right, This is spread out over the four million Ohio winds who are are employed by a pastor, IU entity or something.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So, uh, but these have these have sort of you know, multi layered effects. Right, It's not just that you're going to you know, you might see a little more out of your paycheck every two weeks. Uh, when a business as taxes go up what do they do, Brian, Do they just eat that cost and say, oh shucks.
Speaker 1: No, they raise the price of their goods and services.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: They have to pass up on their consumers because they have they have families with mouths to feet as well.
Speaker 3: Right, So it has a ripple effect through the economy.
Speaker 2: Uh, in the you know, on an individual level, on the thousands of dollars scale, but certainly on a nationwide level millions billions dollar scale that if we don't get this done, it gonna it's gonna really put the country in a jam.
Speaker 1: Now, are you working with the Trump team on any level? I mean, is it would that even help if you had Trump or a Trump team's ear on this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, I think you know, he'll be sworn in on Monday. We're excited about that January twentieth. It will be a big day for our country. And uh, you know, part of our work is is elevating the Trump tax cuts. Right, he's the guy who got this done in twenty seventeen. We did a lot of grass I was around to them, We did a lot of grassroots work thanking members and the president for getting that done. And we're gonna be doing that again, right, But ultimately the way these things still work, right, Congress has.
Speaker 3: To get to get the ball rolling.
Speaker 2: We're confident they will, but we want to make sure they keep this as the top priority coming into the spring as they and they work to get to get the country back on track after four years of Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: All right, when you're outspreading the word on this, I'm just gonna have the how you walk through the arguments against the increase in taxes, you're gonna run into people say, well, look, we've we've been spending like drunken sales. We've got this massive hole we've got to fill, which is the thirty seven trillion dollars in debt we have. If we cut taxes, that means less money going to Washington and therefore probably a more sizable borrowing.
Speaker 3: They will not.
Speaker 1: They mean the fundamental point being our government never ever cuts, It just continues to expand and get more expensive, and fewer tax dollars going into the Washington makes it impossible to overcome the challenge of the deficit.
Speaker 2: Then it's a false premise Brian put out there on it. It's your money, it's our money, it's your listener's money. Brian, it's not Washington's. We've put five They've put five trillion more dollars in the last four years. That put us up to thirty six trillion dollars in national debt.
Speaker 3: It's a problem. But you don't solve that problem by.
Speaker 2: Continue to feed the beams that mismanages that money and letting them take more of your money. You tell them stop, You're not going to get any more of this, and you've got to tighten your belt and get the fiscal house in order.
Speaker 3: We can.
Speaker 2: We can do that with this new Republican majority as well, but it starts by making sure these Trump tax does stay permanent so that we don't add that, you know that that second punch of the inflation and now the raise, the increase in UH in income taxes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a conversation with Congressman Massey about the Republicans and reigning and being fiscally responsible, and he didn't really leave me with a positive feeling about it, because you know, behind the scenes, when they're hammering out these omnibus deals and UH and reconciliation, they're always looking out for their own best interests and even with their own best interest. It's their pet project in their state. I always been relying lately on the F thirty five aircraft. I think it's a pointless and unnecessary, countless billion dollar item that isn't going to benefit us in time. In war times, we're moving more toward drones. We don't have enough submarines things, I mean, allocation of of of you know, scarce resources like tax dollars. They don't listen to the screams and cries of you need to cut, you need to cut, let's quit paying for dumb things. And they get very territorial, even though they're supposed to be fiscally responsible and pay lip service to it. When it comes to their own backyard, they won't cut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean, and that's why you know, grassroots organizations like ours and folks that Congress a master you are important. Right, they're the folks who are gonna keep Congress on if something happens. When you get out there in DC, you drink the water, and even the best begin to change just a little bit. But back to my point, right, don't feed the beast. It's your money, not Washington's.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Of the best ways to keep them from spending more money is to make sure they don't get it every two weeks out of your paycheck by letting the Trump tax cuts expire.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I pled with him to let me know who the specific people are and to provide me with specific illustrations. His comment didn't call my listeners, he said, listen, I got to work with these people. It was like, wait, you know, the one guy that you think will wake is standing out and out the people who are responsible for not, you know, tightening the belt a little bit.
Speaker 3: He's stuck up there with him.
Speaker 1: So it makes it a little more challenging.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So the website is UH is protect Prosperity dot com.
Speaker 3: What do my listeners need to do? Well, first thing, go to protect Prosperity dot com. Sign up to take action.
Speaker 2: We're reaching out to folks who do that to get them connected to events and activities we have coming up.
Speaker 3: The other thing you can do if.
Speaker 2: You're hearing about this for the first time, or you're wondering about the details of it, or you gotta.
Speaker 3: Uh one of your progressive friends.
Speaker 2: Is saying, we got a we gotta we can't afford to cut taxes anymore.
Speaker 3: Go give them that website.
Speaker 2: Educate them, but go to Protect Prosperity dot Com today, sign up and take action with us.
Speaker 1: So it's uh, it's dot com. I had I think I had. Okay, I did say dot com Protect Prosperity dot Com. I'm staring at the website right now. Donovan and'eil keep up the great work. We'll keep our fingers crossed that they don't raise our taxes. Certainly we're not getting a very good bang for our buck when it comes to taxes anyway, and it is our money. Let's be able to spend it how we want. Let's improve the number of jobs out there. Let's expand on businesses. Let's well make things better for the state of Ohio with Donovan O'Neil and Americans for prosper parties. Help Donovan until we talk again, Hope you have a great week and weekend.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend, Brian, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother. It's seven to sixteen right now. If it's about kre see the talk station. Time for you to mention because I want to and it's important. Jimmycare fireplace and stove. We've got a beautiful showroom. Four thirteen Wards Corner Road, it's the building with all the chimneys on it. It's kind of funny when you see it. But yeah, they do have a huge selection of fireplace inserts in there. For example, that's where I got my fireplace insert. Absolutely love it, both wood and gas. They've got free standing stoves, self feeding wood waste pellet stoves. Those will keep you warm for very little money. Just Treker's got one of those, and they also have accessories everything related to fireplaces and chimneys. You're gonna find it at the showroom four thirteen Wards Corner Road, so check it out. First place you should check it out is online at chimneycare co dot com, where you'll also learn about all the services that they perform, including inspections of your chimney may need to be swept Certified chimney sweeps will do that. They do video camera inspection and they determine if there's anything going on and they're like water damage, maybe they need your damper, replace your cap, replace, chimney top replacements. They do that, tuckpointing, waterproofing, repairs of pellet stoves and gas fireplaces, all of it and so much more. Aplus of the Better Business Bureau locally in and operated since nineteen eighty eight. Trust the experts again online chimneycarecode dot com. Here's the phone number to call for the inspection. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Well, did you know that future health offer