Speaker 1: All right, it's the world famous Bennet Skin Show. Thanks for rolling with us today. We've got some entertaining segments coming your way. I know because I was in the pre show meeting. We've got some Charles Barkley audio. We've got a new segment called I Love Technology, and right now, we've got a new segment that goes a little something like this. If you're the kind of person that's going to be offended, you're a dumbass, go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: There, I go, all right, hell yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: A little wrong. Let's go. I like, are you offended?
Speaker 3: That is the question that we ask in the first edition of alre you offended? Inside the NBA Again, I told you criterion episode for them last night, but we have to go back to two nights ago because they're the grind where they work every night for about a month and a half.
Speaker 2: It's a great time to start the olive oil thing.
Speaker 3: It's started to drinking some olive oil. If you missed that, you can podcast have the show every segment.
Speaker 2: Can find it. iHeartRadio app. It's free. Serious situations. They're putting up a graphic and.
Speaker 3: Atlanta Hawk stuff and on this graphic is Billy ray Bates.
Speaker 2: Now Billy ray Bates, former Cowboy.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's a Bill Bates, the special teamer Billy ray Bates. I don't know much about him, to be honest, but he's sixty eight years old apparently doing fine. This is what happens when they're discussing Billy ray Bates, the former nineteen eighties Atlanta Hawk DeAndre Hunter.
Speaker 4: Like I did not score off the Cleveland bench.
Speaker 2: One really would like a truck?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I wanted.
Speaker 4: He's still alive.
Speaker 2: This is a fair question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not less, not unless you know the answer. You do not ask a question.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: He passed away. Thank you, Shack.
Speaker 2: I just asked a question.
Speaker 4: I wasn't trying to be whatever. You ever heard of asking a question in a commercial break? Possibly we had his name on Now you ever had a coup the word?
Speaker 1: You don't have.
Speaker 4: Any I can't even ask questions? No, you can't.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, social skill?
Speaker 4: Oh forgive me, forgive me? One one hundred is your final score. The Cavaliers take Game one over the Miami Heat. Game two will be Wednesday.
Speaker 2: On NBA TV.
Speaker 3: Okay, so amazing, something I would say we've done before. This is the big parton question, just asking you know he's still alive. Then they laugh while they're kind of scolding, Charles Shack says that he's not.
Speaker 2: Oh, and he is. Billary Bates is crushing it. He's sixty eight and he's doing fine. I honestly do not remember that player. I don't. I don't either. I'm gonna have to look it up now.
Speaker 3: But here's what you need to know. He is still walking among us.
Speaker 1: Sixty eight is not that old for a guy to go. I wonder if he's alive. Dude, is so crazy? Did he have health issues or something? Yeah, that's that's that's not old though. I mean the president is traditionally of late, has been somewhere around seventy eight or eighty right running the free world.
Speaker 3: Now, what I can tell you about Billy Ray Bates is in nineteen ninety eight he did rob a New Jersey Texaco station at knife Point.
Speaker 1: Oh no, dude, I just I pulled up an incredible picture of him. I'm kind of sending to you guys. Oh my god. This is here's the headline too, Billy Ray Bates ongoing struggle to sort out life after basketball. Oh well, you know, if you rob somewhere a knife point, was that your strategy or did you just decide to rob it and that's all you had. I think it's an impromptu robbery because you have to really think that someone's a good knifeman for that, for that to really for you to be like, all right, yeah, you can have everything.
Speaker 3: It is wild, though, and he slashed the ear of the gas station attempt. He just got the ear. But it is wild that discussion. I guess my question is not so much are you offended, but is what Chuck did worse than what Shaq did? When Shack openly goes, yeah he passed away, he did not pass away, No, he didn't. So we turned the page to the next night. Keep in mind Ernie is kind of the guy who holds all this together. Yep, but I don't like that Ernie is the one who had to do this.
Speaker 4: Ben. We welcome you back. We would like to issue a correction and an apology for something that happened last night on Inside the NBA. We were talking about Billy Ray Bates, who back in nineteen eighty had one of the NBA's best playoff debuts coming off the bench with twenty nine points. In the course of our discussion, we passed on some bad information that Billy ray Bates had passed away.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 4: While it was inadvertent, it was also inaccurate and insensitive, inexcusable. In short, we screwed up, and we apologized to Billy ray Bates and his.
Speaker 3: Family three seconds, you know, like they do when someone dies. Three seconds and then the commercial breakings. So hit was thirty seconds long.
Speaker 2: Here's what I bet happened. I bet that Shaq.
Speaker 1: And Charles couldn't get through an apology without laughing. And that's why I know, dude, I'm looking up Billy ray Bates' numbers. So Billy ray Bates was pretty much his rookie year was seventy nine, and then he pretty much was out of the league by eighty three. God, he had two basically, get so they're talking about his rookie debut. He only played sixteen games his rookie year. Then he had two seventy game seasons with Portland and then never played more than nineteen games again and just washed out. And also, let me just say that era of the NBA, there was a lot of dudes that had wild lives like cocaine was rampant in the league. It was just a different era. Wild stuff was happening, so you had a lot of dudes that weren't dedicated to the craft.
Speaker 2: And again, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know Billy ray Bates, but I know the era and the fact that they were cracking each other up over it sounds like he was a wild character.
Speaker 3: Well, the gas station story is definitely wild. But listen to Shack though, like they're all laughings. It's hard to you kind of miss it, but like they're really just kind of killing Chuck for just asking if you start.
Speaker 1: And I want to hear this again because when I was listening to the first time, I was like, I don't remember an Atlanta Hawk named Billy ray Bates.
Speaker 2: He never played for the Hawk, so I think they might have been Portland Trailblazers. I'm sorry. Oh okay, it is Portland. I'm sorry, I got you. Okay.
Speaker 4: DeAndre Hunter, I did not score off the Cleveland bench.
Speaker 2: Really would roll like a truck still alive. Wait, why did he come up?
Speaker 3: He was just on a graphic because they were looking at DeAndre Hunter's numbers.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, this makes a hell of a lot more sense to me because I was leading going. None of the these guys were in the league when Billy ray Bates played, so.
Speaker 2: How yeah he was on some of the stat graphic. Okay, okay, this was a fair question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not unless you know the answer.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: You do not here to ask a question. He passed away?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Shack? Are you and how did he how did he land on that? Like shut strike one? But shack strike two and three did come in back?
Speaker 3: But will he passed away like dude, check was not Wikipedia and real quick to find out there someone in his ear.
Speaker 4: He passed away, Thank you, Shack.
Speaker 2: I just asked a question.
Speaker 4: I wasn't trying to be.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Shack.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you the good night last night, and we'll get into more of what happened last night when they discussed knowing Nico Harrison, and then Charles Barkley takes forty seconds to look at the camera and address Nico person dear.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's so good, so good.
Speaker 1: The today game is next though, don't miss that that's coming up in less than four minutes.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere