Speaker 1: And nine, Ignition five or three two one zero Engine running.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday. You know what that means.
Speaker 3: It's time for Ignition with the aw fat Hub podcast team and community. We're going to be talking about some aw hot topics and of course tonight we've got aw Dynamite from Chicago Hangman, Adam Page and John Moxley rematch for the AAW World Championship.
Speaker 2: Guys, what needs to happen here?
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you expect to happen tonight on Dynamite and maybe in the next few weeks leading up maybe Forbidden Door.
Speaker 2: What needs to happen?
Speaker 4: I got stuff?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, they'll keep us a suspense.
Speaker 5: To chime in.
Speaker 3: Did you just want to George? Do you just want to show us your stuff?
Speaker 4: Yo? I was actually just fantasy booking this.
Speaker 3: Let go.
Speaker 4: Okay, here is my Here is my grand plan. Number one Moxley Number one. Moxley is not going to win this match. Anybody who is worried about Moxley winning this match can rest easy because that's probably not not what is going to happen. Also, this match is going to kick ass because their chemistry is amazing. Moxley was actually saying in an interview that how much how great it was working with Hangman, because, like he was saying that he likes to do audibles the ring a lot, and Hangmail was just like catching onto everyone he was spitting out. So yeah, good chemistry is always a plus, and this is going to be great to see. But I think this is what it's going to take for Max to realize that, yes, this is a worthy champion, and maybe the Death Riders mission is over and they can disband now. But that might not sit well with the Death Riders, especially a certain Death writer who has not been present for a while. I think Pac might come back and maybe oust Mox from his own group.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: Well, I have not heard any kind of updates on Pack and his injury status, so that may very well be true. Yeah, don't forget tomorrow night or tonight's match. Everybody he's barred from. Everybody's barred from the ring except for the referee. I've heard suggestions that the referee may not be Bryce Rebsburg or Aubrey Edwards and maybe somebody else mm hmmm, anybody else on this match go ahead.
Speaker 5: I have an idea. I think that Eddie Kingston is coming back for I do I think this is his moment. He's gonna come back and he's gonna interfere and get involved in the title picture.
Speaker 6: I think so, Nah, he can't get The only way he could come back and get wait a minute, the only way he get involved in it he is the surprise referee because you can't be at the ring side.
Speaker 7: This is gonna be one of those matches where they're not gonna let people out there.
Speaker 5: Why can't he be the referee? He can an he can come running out there.
Speaker 2: He probably be a referee.
Speaker 3: Does does anybody think that something may happen before the batch?
Speaker 7: I think it'll happen after the match. I think I think when Max loses, I think that the uh. I think the death Riders are going to I don't think you're gonna beat them up. I just think they're going to kind of shake their heads and walk away from war.
Speaker 8: So I was chatting with with Jess in the in the channel today on the Fantasy booking, and I think both kind of what Kelson teed up there and what Jess teed.
Speaker 1: Up there, maybe the way they.
Speaker 8: Run it Kelson with with your prompt there, what if something happens before. I think that's the exact scheming, conniving way that Death Writers would take advantage of this. Since they're barred from ringside, they try to take Hanger out before the match, and then he gets dragged to the ring by Mox or whatever. You don't even need a fake rough at that point. Hanger's already, you know, behind the eight ball. And then just to your point.
Speaker 3: I I you agree.
Speaker 8: I think Mox needs to lose this, and I think this needs to start kind of closure of this chapter of the Death Writers, or possibly the final act of this whole storyline, and that I do think that if he loses again, the death Writers need to call him out. They followed him, they believed in him, and he's lost twice in a row now, and for him to say they're done or whatever, I think they turn on him, get rid of him right. Max off TV for a while. I think he's earned a vacation finally, And I think when he's off screen, you do some vignettes, and that's how you ease Eddie Beck into it. I was mentioning, you know, you have Mox at home. You can do vignettes of him questioning who he is am I man enough? You know, I let the promotion down. He feels like maybe Hangar still isn't worthwhile, and he's really down on the dumps. And Eddie's the one that knocks on the door and says, hey, bro, we need to talk, and that starts. That starts that redemption tour for him, so he can come back and maybe he's convinced to right some of the wrongs he did in aaw during his death writer's run you can you can milk this for a while and have him come back as a as a as a good face and another good story.
Speaker 3: I want to say something about I want to say something about Eddie here because let's space facts. Okay, He's been out with a broken leg and uh and and I moniscous, right. I believe he had the wait for one thing to heal before he had the other thing. And he is not in good shape. If he he may very well come back as a referee.
Speaker 2: He is not.
Speaker 3: He is. I make a prediction he is never going to be in wrestling shape again, well so to speak, wrestling shape again for Eddie.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, but I think he may be right Kelson, the injury to his need is severe enough that the bumping and the stuff he could do before Eddie, Eddie's position in the industry probably could change, could very well change. And that's kind of why I was suggesting, you know, easing him in with vignettes, because you bring him right out. He's cold, he hasn't taken any bump, he hasn't been in the ring. You can ease and back in through storylines, which gives them more than enough time to recover and figure out where he's going to fit into the new scheme of things going forward. Whether that's a personality kind of like m VP that occasionally does some some ships and giggles matches, or you know, is he going to be able to go and get back in the ring full time? That allows them that flexibility as well. I'm working his character back in TV.
Speaker 3: Just just asking my straightforward who's winning this match tomorrow night or tonight? Definitely? Yeah. I mean if hak Man doesn't win, we riot everybody with me. Let's get your pitchworks and your torches ready.
Speaker 8: I think this match is kind of signaling to the fans too, you know, this is going to be two losses in a row. I do it feels to me like, this is tony and creative saying, Okay, we're just letting everybody know we've been listening.
Speaker 1: This is the end of.
Speaker 8: That that arc for the Yeah, it's gonna be something new. That's that's what this feels like when you're doing this back to back, Especially if Hanger gets two wins in a row, which he needs to, Like, there's no way they give Mocks that win and put the belt on it. That would just evaporate all the good will they built up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, especially that big roar that you heard it all in and you can't you can't squash that that that would be the all time That would be an all time dumb move.
Speaker 1: And they're not hot enough to take a risk like that. They're not. They can't, they're not hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The only one I have with what you said, Barry is that you guys are forgetting about the Darby situation. They're not gonna they're not gonna end anything with the death ridsun till Darby gets his revenge. And I think that will be the final nail in the coffin, so to speak, because.
Speaker 3: You know is he likes to.
Speaker 7: Have finishes to things that get started and Darby getting thrown down the stairs. You gotta finish that. He's got to have some revenge.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you can go a couple of different ways with that. When you if we're winding down the death rids, kind of like what I was saying is they they turn on Mox after he loses again, and then those guys get their come up and from Darby and others that they've screwed over because they're they're leaderless or whatever.
Speaker 1: You can. You can definitely wrap up those threads too, and still and still get rid of Mox and.
Speaker 7: I agree Forbidden Door and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah that works.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Look, we'll see tonight what happens, and we'll be back, of course after Dynamite tonight for all the talk, and we're certainly going to talk about it. But I want to move on because Mercedes Monet picked up two more belts, the prime Time Wrestling Belt World Championship or Women's World Championship and the best Ya Women's World Championship. Bestia is a new UH organization out of Italy, so she is the inaugural champion for that UH and Primetime Wrestling is out of Poland UH. She defeated Diana Strong and Poland on Sunday. She did against Sapphire read on Friday defend both the I'll Dispute a British Championship and the Quita Southside Belt successfully in Wolverhampton. So we've been a busy weekend in two different countries for Mercedes Monette. The question is, how do you guys speel about Mercedes Monet having these eight belts now? Yet? In the long term or short term? Is it a good or a bad thing?
Speaker 4: It's getting to be a little much. I mean at this point she's going to need a blinged out radio flyer to carry all of her titles around with her.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, she did put a ad out on Twitter. I don't know if his tongue or tungue in cheek, but she wanted somebody that could come follow her around carrying her belts and must live an Orlando So if you want a job for with Mercedes Monett, look her up on Twitter, look up that post and respond to me.
Speaker 8: I do live here in Orlando. I exercise regularly. I think I'm pretty strong. I could probably carry her belts.
Speaker 3: Burn There you go, we'll be seeing Berry on TV toting around. Uh. Just remember that you know a lot of gold her Well, Luther used to have that job, but somehow, some way, his penis got detached. So keep that in mind. You may not want to take that job.
Speaker 1: He just yanked it right off right, It just came right out.
Speaker 2: I don't know, out of frustration.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: What does anybody else?
Speaker 3: What is it? What are more thoughts about this Mercedes Monet with eight belts again?
Speaker 2: Is it a good thing or is it a bad thing?
Speaker 3: I think it's a bad thing.
Speaker 7: You can't you you're stretching yourself way out too thin. You can't defend those I mean, she she barely defends the TBS title, and you know she's how many times has she defended the other titles? Like once every She's defending a title like once every three months. She's to me, it's just she's holding down those companies women's divisions because you have somebody that has all the belts and she's not giving them matches.
Speaker 1: So what's the point in having the belts?
Speaker 3: Well, one thing to point out here is that other than Rev. Prou there really isn't a women's division on any of these companies. So just keep that in mind.
Speaker 8: I think it's great. I'm gonna disagree with something a little bit on this not and I'll just disagree a little bit. I think it's great because he's giving the rub to promotions lineages that would never have a name like this, and I think that's great. I don't think she needs to be worried about being spread too thin because these promotions aren't running monthly, they're not running a whole lot, and if she needs to go back, I'm sure they've worked out something where this is going somewhere and she's going to drop a belt at some weight back to them. But I think it's great. I don't think we've seen a named star wars indies like this and give small promotions the rub. She's clearly wanted to wrestle around the world in a bunch of different countries. My guess is she's probably got a list of countries she wants to perform in, and if she can give those promotions a rub with the belt, they'll work something out. I think, though, to sutten your point, it is going to hit a point where it becomes annoying, and I'm I think that actually may be what they're working towards and for her character. It feels like a collapse of everything is kind of what that next chapter needs to be so that we can see her hit rock bottom after just failing to get to the mountaintop. But I think it's a lot of fun. It can get long in the tooth and too. Sun's point there is that that is a legitimate concern if it carries on without any direction that in the time being, I think it's I think it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Anybody else with an opinion on this before I express mine? Well, look, on Friday, she defended Mercedes, Monday defended against Sapphire Reid, a wrestler that I had never heard of before. And then on Sunday she won the championships, the two championships in a match against Diana Strong, another wrestler I had never heard of before, a wrestler by the way, who grew up idolizing Sasha Banks. And I don't know if you saw the video, but after the match there were a lot of tears from Diana Strong because she realized she just got to wrestle her idol and that's important. Let's look at it this way. Don't even think of the championships. This woman, Mercedes Monette is traveling around the world, and it'll be It would be one thing if she was going into these arenas wrestling a match, leaving in the arena and going home. She's spending all day meeting fans, greeting fans, talking to fans before and after the matches, and she's not leaving the next day. She's sticking around and she's doing stuff in the cities, making herself visible. This may mean nothing right now to any of us, but ten years from now, when people women start coming in, these twenty one year old, twenty two to twenty three year old women are coming into a w and they're saying, I'm here because Mercedes Monette made me want to be here. That's what's going to be the big thing. It's the long term that I'm looking at. You know. By the way, Mercedes Monet is a schedule I believe for September to go to Italy to defend her new Vestia Women's World Championship. Hey, look, she's the inaugural championship. They really don't have a division. If you're if you want to make some make your shows mean something, you're like one of your first shows ever having Mercedes Monet in It is a pretty damn smart move just putting it out there.
Speaker 8: You know, Kelson AW is really focusing on international branding as well. They do really well when they go overseas. I wouldn't be shocked if some of this is also to build that that that Goodwill ambassador brand type of stuff for AW with a lot of these these other countries that if they do a show in Germany or they do a show in France or whatever somewhere in the EU, that they can travel to. It makes a lot of sense because it's just a train ride. Hey, let's go catch that AW show. So and so remember when they came to town and Mercedes wrestl.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 8: That stuff can matter if you're trying to build a brand overseas too.
Speaker 3: Who and again, you know you look at it. It was so weird. I watched the Sapphire Reid and Mercedes Monet match for the undisputed British World Championship at the Southside Queen of Southside Championship and Sapphire Reid is a mega heel and so Mercedes Monet went into that match. As the babyface said, that was kind of weird to see. And then you had her match on Sunday against Diana Strong, and Diana Strong put on a wonderful match. I mean, they had really good chemistry. You could tell that they spent some time, you know, plotting out what was going to happen. And already people are like praising Diana Strong, and I've seen a bunch of people saying that she needs to go right to start him, you know. I mean, that's big, that's a big deal, you know. So again that's another byproduct of these shows. I mean, I personally see the I've said it many times. I do not like people for Eddie Rusler to hold multiple belts, but this is a little different because these belts by and large are not aw belts. She's only holding the TBS Championship in AW and frankly, I think it's putting the women's division in a good place, especially, like I said, five ten years from now, it's going to make a difference. It's going to make a difference, you know, Barry speaking, you know, we're talking about in an international matches you god Forbidden Door coming up in less what is it less than a month now, and and the aw tag team tournament is going to be culminating a forbidden Door. There's no international teams in this tournament bracket. The only thing that really is kind of making any kind of news here is the Cracks with MGF and the other members of the Hurt Syndicate, who will be defending more than likely at Forbidden Door against the winner of this tournament. Where do you think this goes? Who do you think is going to win this tournament? Right off the top of your head.
Speaker 8: It feels like FTR because they're trying to establish them. But I also feel like that might be a red herring or a swerve to me, if you want to reset the Tag Division, you got to get it off the Hurt Syndicate because they're just they're too big, if that makes sense. They just because aw's athletes tend to be smaller. When you bring in the like the Behemoth guys, it's fun to see him beat people up, but when they're a champion, it's hard to book them to.
Speaker 1: Lose, right, And.
Speaker 8: This tournament feels like a relaunch of the Tag Division, like they got all the teams in there we always enjoy, you know, And I'm super glad they swapped in juice and decided to just keep going with that whatever they were going to do with the guns. But I don't know, I mean, like any of the other teams other than maybe the outrunners. You know, I'm cool with them getting a run. I would have been cool with Big Bill and Bran keep getting a run too. Like this, this tournament feels like a reset to me, and I don't really care who wins, just as long as they get it off the Hurt Syndicate one way or another. It's time to turn the page from them idea.
Speaker 4: Okay, so maybe that's the reason this split is happening with MJF and the Hurt Syndicate, Like they're getting over his selfishness. They're going to kick him through the curb as you know, like turning your back on him, j YEF, Him and his fifty megga ton abandonment issues is a terrible idea of and he I would, of spite will cost them the championships.
Speaker 2: That very well could be anybody else have any ideas.
Speaker 9: I like that a lot because I think that's the only way they can lose, because they're so strong that the Hurt syndekid.
Speaker 8: I'm worried about a screw job finish making the winners look weak. So if they but it makes sense from a storyline perspective for MGF to cost them. So if they do that, they got to do it with the right team who's still got a believable finisher and like we buy as a legit champion. So if that's the route they take, I feel like they're going to put it with FTR then because his former champs, everybody we know, they're believable. Even if they get some help the Shadow Machine is going to put I still believe the Shadow Machine would put Shelton or Bobby out for a three either way. So a screwjob finish that leads into a shatter machine I'm cool with that. But if it was somebody like I don't know, one of the smaller teams like I, just the screwjob finished would just make them the week. So if they go there ll they gotta be careful that and they need the winning team to come out looking strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The problem that I have with a screwjob finish involving MJF is that naturally then you would have Shelton, Benjamin and Bobby Lashley going after MJF, and that's actually gonna hurt MJF in the long run. He needs to be going after, you know, swer Strickland, Hankman, Adam Page, will Ospray. He needs to be serting himself back into the World Championship and other championships in AW He's one of the biggest names in AAW and I'm sorry, but having him languishing against Bobby Lashley and Shelton Benjamin and a vengeance, I guess is the best way of putting it. Storyline was kind of like a waste of time to me.
Speaker 8: What if this is for him to establish a new group to help him achieve those goals though, So they come after him and he gets back up. That's his new group, and that's who he uses to help him get back into the main event scene. When he does use that contract to cash in, like, you can still work it, you can still juice this for a little bit and keep him, keep him right up there. I mean, he's got that title belt, so you can insert him whenever you want.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, well you have that you have If they do a new group, why not use part of the old group.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's built right in now they owe him.
Speaker 1: They owe him right back. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The best way for MGF to screw, hurt syndicate to me is for him to do nothing when he has an opportunity to do something, Just even pretend like he's he wasn't aware that acts Hardwood Hardwood was next to women, that he could have taken them out, that kind of thing, like an innocent but guilty thing, you know, something that I'm so obvious.
Speaker 8: He's good at that on camera too. That's a good call, Kelson, Yeah, that's lavable. You can feign ignorance in the MGF way. Yeah, I think that's that's clever.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we have the Outrunners against we have Outrunners again.
Speaker 2: We have Outrunners against.
Speaker 3: The Young Bucks coming up uh this week, I believe right and uh there have been many reports. Even Feifel even said it that the Young Books intended on putting over the Outrunners several months ago, but it just wasn't the right time. I really do think the Outrunners are coming out on top of the Young Bucks.
Speaker 7: I think your final is going to be the Outrunners versus FTR. They're on the opposite side of each other for another rematch to.
Speaker 1: That's a good call. Sting. I agree again.
Speaker 7: I said it last week we talked about this. I still think that the MVF and hurt Cindy good thing is is a is A is a play. I don't think. I don't think the cracks are there yet. I think they're playing it up. I don't think they're gonna have I don't think whoever wins this tournament's going to beat them. I think, and I don't know why, but I think that this is gonna come down to They're gonna put Cope and uh the patriarchy together and they're going to give him a run at them, and they're going to win by hooker, by crook and get a short little run for the tag titles until Christian and them until they retire. I just I just see that coming for some reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah. One of the one interesting thing is and I have to fag, you know, claim ignorance here, but because I don't know which title it is, but I believe on the first of August MGF is going to CML to wrestle for one of their singles championships. I just don't know which one it is, and maybe their World championship. It may not be, but he is going there. So that's another thing.
Speaker 8: What if Mysticico screws him up and that sets him against Mystico Forbidden Door and there's your international match.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, that's one of the things about Forbidden Door.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if you guys you agree with me on this, but there really just doesn't seem to be any Forbidden doorsh matches.
Speaker 2: It's Forbiden Door that are even possible, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean they're short, there's some mid cart stuff maybe, but nothing really big.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I was wondering what was gonna happen with that? And who's coming through the Forbidden Door. It doesn't seem like there's anybody there.
Speaker 1: You feel like this is going to.
Speaker 8: Be one of their short two week builds like they did this two years ago where they ran like a whole month of programming after whatever the like prior to Forbidden Door coming off the other pay per view and then did like a two week build to Forbidden Door and like that's all we got.
Speaker 1: Nobody came.
Speaker 3: There. Barry. It seemed to me like last year they had a one month build up toward Forbidden Door and then after Forbid Door they had it going for like another two or three weeks. It was like a seven It was like a seven week waste of time. Forbidden Door to me, you know, I hate being negative toward AW, but Forbidden Door to me is a monumental waste of time. I've called it the great momentum killer because any moment. I love the fact that they're not even talking about Forbidden Door right now because they got too much going on to worry about that stupid exhibition match thing they got going on.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just the way I feel, honestly.
Speaker 8: Forbidden Door, I think feels more like Grand Slam Mexico was this year.
Speaker 1: Like it.
Speaker 8: It can be just a showcase. And I thing they should run a show in Japan next time. Just run the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you. They could. They could very well do it all women's show, not a Forbidden Door, an all women's show in Japan with start of a t J p W.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be great, you know, so I'd.
Speaker 8: Like to see that, yeah, because I mean the problem with Forbid Door is the concept initially was all these dream matches we wouldn't get. But I think we've said before, like a lot of that top talent is it's in a w now, Yeah, and that next tier of New Japan is it's going to take them in that are two or three years, you know, guys like Yodasuji and them to really get there. And it just doesn't with Gabe Kid Hurt, like, yeah, a lot of left you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got the Bull Club war Dogs, you got what l L Desperado. Uh Hiroshi is definitely wrestling in Forbidden Door. We just don't know against who.
Speaker 1: Zach Saber Junior will show up Xaber Junior.
Speaker 2: And that's that's really all I can think of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, other than Tomahiroe and Minora Suzuki, you know and whatever. You know.
Speaker 8: I yeah, ghetto in there. I mean, there's there's some guys they can send over. It's just go ahead. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Somebody was talking I'll take a surprise NIGHTO maybe.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think so there. I don't think that's possible.
Speaker 1: But the build has been weak to your point, Telson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to move on to something more fun. On Collision, we saw Max Caster do his five minute open challenge for who can survive the best wrestler alive, Anthony Bowen's answered to call, and it was very strange because about a minute into the match, the heel and babyface lip flopped. Anthony Bowen's is definitely the heel now and Max Caster, somehow, some way is now the babyface. But just because Max Caster is the babyface does not give me any confidence that he's in all of a sudden to start surviving these five minute Survive with the Best Wrestler Live challenges. And does anybody else think that the only solution, the only ending here is for the Acclaim to get back together.
Speaker 4: I would like that very much. Look, I'm digging this stuff that Max Caster is doing. It's very funny and he's pulling it off very well. But I like both Max and Anthony, but they're individually, Like the Acclaimed is better than the some of its parts, I think, is what I was getting at. I'm trying to get at that's doesn't it's a magical tag team. The fact that they like have like every every week we're able to like come up with a rap on the fly that was guaranteed to make the crowd go oh, it was so much fun. I miss them. Everybody loves the Acclaim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see like a cheesy deathbed scene with Billy Gunn laying in the middle of the ring. You know, he gets like a herd elbow, but he over sells it. And he's laying there and he grabs Max Caster's hand, he grabs Anthony Bowen's hands and he puts them together and he says something like love one another, and then he faints and he has to be carried out of the ring. And the two guys just reformed her bond, and everybody in there, you know, the stands and on TV cries and you know.
Speaker 4: He puts their scissor fingers together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm getting Missy Eye just sit here. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of.
Speaker 7: You know, it's going to come down to probably have Max come out and save Bowens from something or the other way around, and that's how they're going to get back together, because that's normally what they do.
Speaker 3: I think. I don't know.
Speaker 8: There was a lot of heat on the acclaim, the same way people talk about mox now, Like, there was a lot of people who were just done with the acclaim, that they were sick of the shtick, they didn't care for it. They thought their wrestling had gotten kind of bland, and I was excited with the split. I knew Max Caster's chant would get over. Just keep them on TV doing it and it would get over. And it is great now the whole shtick where the crowd nails it. And he's like, guys, it's not very good, like, oh, it's so good. But I don't think the problem is their characters. It's it's been the booking. Like all they've done with Max is the five Alive or the five Minuts with the wrestler or whatever he calls it.
Speaker 1: The best thing.
Speaker 8: They did with him was something outside where he was like running out and they chased him with the camera and he was just talking about how this is the only thing that ever mattered. Like that was some good character work and they never followed up on it. And then the same thing with Bowens, Like Bowenes is good on the mic. What have they done with them so like it's not him, they just they have not put either of these guys in a position to be successful on their singles. Run And if the solution to that is them deciding they're going to feud them in a program because that's the best thing to get heat and for that to work is for Castor to come out as the sympathetic babyface who's just a loser, when the reality is that's what he is. He's just a loser. He's not cheating or anything. He's just a loser, and he's going to be a sympathetic loser and having Bowens with the Frank rhymes from The Simpsons, just losing his mind that people are cheering for this dastardly heel who you should be booing because he's a bad person and he's not me. I'm the pride of aw I'm goodie two shoes Like that's a good heel gimmick too. And so if they flip this and then run a program that way, you can choose that and get some mileage out of it and see if they can catch on as singles performers. And if they do great. If they don't, then revisit the acclaim. They'll have been They'll have been apart long enough. I think people will be longing for it at that point. But I don't want them to give up on the singles runs. I think they just need to give these guys something better to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's one of those things that it's playing out on Twitter just as much as it's playing out on AWTV, you know what I mean. It's one of those things where, especially on Anthony Bowen's part, he's kind of lost his mind over the last couple of days, you know, talking about Max Caster and all that kind of stuff. Yeah, it's it's gonna be kind of interesting to see where they do go from there. But what I want to talk about next, and this is kind of something that's important, I think, because when you look at the landscape of AW, and you can even get at this point compare it to WWE, if you wanted, AW has a lot of black and LBGTQ wrestlers that are thriving in both AW and Ring of Honor, and I think it's fantastic, especially since you know, people have been making comments that, especially on the LBGTQ side, all of those people are getting fired from a from WWE. It seems like and AW is pushing the hell out of them, and they should because they're fine wrestlers. I don't think that their skin color or their sexual orientation has anything to do with it, but it just so happens that they're fine wrestlers. But if you look at the at the storylines that are going on with Max Caster and Anthony Bowens, the Hurt Syndicate Athena. I mean, you're looking at a very diverse group of wrestlers here, and I wanted to discuss this. How do you how do you guys personally feel about the strength of diversity in AAW.
Speaker 2: And again, I look.
Speaker 3: At it as as I said earlier with Mercedes Monett, her being out there doing what she's doing is bringing fans.
Speaker 2: Today that are.
Speaker 3: Going to be wrestlers five and ten years from now wanting to come to a w When you're looking at diversity, I think I think it's the same thing you're looking at.
Speaker 2: They're looking.
Speaker 3: These wrestlers that are like them being pushed, and that means my dream is to wrestle in AW.
Speaker 2: I think that's the whole point of not I'm not saying the.
Speaker 3: Whole point, but I think this is a strong point that can be made in what's going on in the diversity of AW, especially when you look at it against WWE.
Speaker 4: I think it's just incredible. I mean, I knew it was going to be something special and different right from the beginning, when you had like people like Sonny Kiss and Nyla Rose front and center. I miss Sunny Kiss a lot. They were just great. I hope they're doing well wherever the rest are now. And I really hope that Nyla decides to She says she's happy working Backstaine, but I'd love to see you in the ring again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, me too.
Speaker 8: I can't believe I'm gonna start by leading this. I think WWE gets fairly unfairly maligned with some of this stuff sometimes. But I think the key difference between the two promotions because I would argue that they feature a lot of minorities.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: About LGTPQ people. I'm not really too familiar with much of their talent, But I think the difference is just aw lets them be outspoken in public about it and comfortable and they can just do what they want, and they can say what they want and they want to say in a promo, they can. And I think that's the key difference between the two promotions in general, is one is very managed and there are many performers that can excel and look fantastic and are very happy in that, and there's another that's a little looser around the edges and lets you have to figure it out yourself. In some perform struggle on that and some for formers excel in that. And we've seen the talent go between the companies and know who does well in better environments. And I'm glad that there is a promotion out there now that lets people just exceed period. There isn't a polish or a very specific way they want to frame things and push a certain narrative and metrics and balance.
Speaker 1: It's just like who gets over, they get over.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter what you are, and that's refreshing because it doesn't have to be a part of the story and you don't really notice it. And that's the great part of aw It's just normal now, it's not even a thing anymore. It's just like this is just then. It's normal, and that's unique, and I don't think we've had that in wrestling to date. And wrestling has always been about plamboyance and fabulous costumes and being something you're not and having to pretend and then embracing who you are, and a lot of that runs parallel to a lot of the things the LBGTQ community has had to struggle with and deal with and minorities have had to struggle with and deal with. And to kind of see that come full circle and wrestling and be embraced to a degree and just accept it as part of life is pretty neat and I'm glad they're comfortable and it doesn't even seem out of the ordinary. It just seems like a normal thing on TV.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something that came to comes to mindel in this discussion is this was like a like I don't know, like was it a year or was it two ago? It was it was during that. It was during mjf's like little face run as part of when he was doing the thing with a better than you bebe. There was a part of that and it was just like a little storyline. Nobody made a huge deal about it, where Max Caster obviously had a crush on MJF and like it was implicitly Max was definitely thinking like, how's it carried over to Twitter? Like Max Caster has a crush on MJF. And I'm I.
Speaker 10: Remember definitely did, and I remember thinking like, wwe would never they would not have the gah and as to do this even though it's perfectly normal and lot there's tons of gay men getting crushes on all sorts of other guys all the time out in the world.
Speaker 3: Oh it's not even that though, Jess. I mean, look, I mean, if how do I put this, I'm a big Commander fan. I would turn into a five year old girl if I saw Commander in real life, you know, and he came out to me and I had an opportunity to talk to him. It's not about even you know, being gay or anything like that. It's just being a fanboy, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not like you're a I mean, I love you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: You forget you forget Jess.
Speaker 7: They did the whole Chuck and Billy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did do that.
Speaker 7: That was that was before any of this even was a thing. They had Chuck and Billy and those two were put over exactly as being gay towards each other. That was the whole point of what WW did.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, I like the I think.
Speaker 7: It was was it you Buried that said this is normal. Now, I like, it's normal. You don't have to think about it anymore because it's not a It's not a thing anymore. It's not You've got Max Caster, You've got the hurt syndicate. You've got Monette, you've got Willow, you've got uh, you know, you've got everybody, and nobody goes, oh, look it's a black wrestler, or oh look they're gay, and they're not.
Speaker 3: You know, they don't think about it anymore. And that's the best moment that is. But and when when you don't have that diversity, it is noticeable, and I you know, look go back and look at some of these pay per views over the last year of WWE, there have been entire pay per views when not a single wrestler of color on them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but how much is that people trying to see what they want to see? And how much is that do you think? Like on purpose, like is a huge star, Jade, they're making to do huge star Rex and Perez is a huge star, Damian increases a huge star, Roman is a huge star like Naomi.
Speaker 1: That that I think.
Speaker 8: Is people wanting to see some things they want to see. Maybe they're not featured the way we want. And I think there's criticism that you can have a show that that doesn't have any minorities or anybody. I think that's valid, But I don't think there's how long asserted effort, you.
Speaker 1: Know how long years like and a half years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, you know, people, You're absolutely right. People want to see a bad thing. They're going to see it. There's nothing you can do to change their mind. If they that there's racism in something, they're going to see that, and there's absolutely nothing you can do to change that person's thoughts. They're going to think that. Let them think it's on them for you know, that's not on you for not being It shouldn't be that way, but it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I do think.
Speaker 8: There is an era of WWE where that is a valid criticism. But I think in the more modern area, especially since like the oughts and stuff, I don't think it's a big well I don't work there, so this is just the perspective of a fan. Maybe I'm wrong, but at least on TV it doesn't. I don't think it's as big a problem some people want it to be, although there is, there is valid criticism of some of their shows, as there should be for any promotion.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I will just say this and that I'm proud of a w that when I look at their match cards and I see they're championships, and things like that. It's been pretty consistent, and I think diversity is a big thing that is necessary and I just like it. That's it. Does anybody else have anything to say about that?
Speaker 2: That is being very quiet tonight, Sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm here. I love the diversity, and we also have to remember I think sometimes, as as fans, I'm a little guilty of it, kind of thinking that the only other wrestlers in the world are from Japan and from Mexico.
Speaker 1: So we have.
Speaker 5: Seen that there are wrestlers from all over the world that are more than happy to come here and wrestle and are loved by fans and showcase a lot of their home country, a lot of their culture, and it's it's really entertaining to see as fans. I really like it. I like the fact that they have a lot of queer wrestlers on the roster. It shows that people are different. I love the differences amongst people, and we're at the end of the day, we are all sling fans and that's just the greatest thing in the world that wrestling can bring so many kinds of people together. That fare one thing which is the greatness of professional wrestling. It's just fantastic. I'm glad that AAW was really able to bring this out and to to bring us all together.
Speaker 1: It's really well said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really well said. I want to I want to switch gears here because this is something else that I've noticed in AAW and I'm sure you guys have to and that in the booking, a lot more attention is being given to the mid card wrestlers, not only as just random matches, but actual feuds and storylines going on that don't even have titles attached to them. And I personally think that's fantastic. And I wanted to get your, uh your your opinions on this. I mean, go ahead, okay, yes, yeah, okay, you're well jet stop because your MIC is all screwed up again.
Speaker 9: I'll say something like I remember during like the Attitude era, it was like that whole feud with Rock and Stone Cold for the Icy Belt that was mid card stuff. And I really love that and I like that they're doing that in AW.
Speaker 11: Now, and I I'm all for that, man, like, even if it's not for a belt like the Max Caster and Anthony Bowen stuff, that assume that's mid card stuff, and like you have like I want to see Josh Alexander get out there on TV more and who's that.
Speaker 3: The Bruce go there?
Speaker 2: He's on TV more.
Speaker 11: I like that he's I don't know, i'd say he's a mid carter yeah as well, but yeah, I like seeing that. It's just more TV time for those guys.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you have to build storylines around everything that you do, because just doing storylines for the championships makes everything else basically squash matches because they're meaningless.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't like the squash match. Yeah, but I mean a ten minute, fifteen minute match can still be a squash match when you know that there's nothing involved in it, you know what I mean, there's no.
Speaker 2: Stakes to it.
Speaker 3: You brought up Mexican, not Max, Max Maxwell, Jacob Friedman and Mark Brisco. There's been no belts really involved in that. It's just an all out just I don't like you, you don't like me. Let's let's uh, let's go for it. You know, it's a grudge matches. Job with that.
Speaker 2: In the women's division as.
Speaker 8: Well, somebody had mentioned the attitude or was that you Steve a second ago?
Speaker 3: That was me?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it was God I can't believe I'm using this as an example. I think it was Vince Russo talking about when he was booking WWE, they tried to get everybody on TV each week and the mantras, give somebody, give them something to do.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: If it was two heels in the background talking to each other, two faces, you'd see that often, but they'd get everybody on TV. And I keep coming back to Harley Cameron as an example of this. It's like, if you want to get mid card talent over, keep them on TV. They don't have to win, but you got to give us a reason and rude or care for him. And a lot of these these three and format or these six and eight man tags that they've been doing has been replacing the squash matches they used to do. And what happens, well, typically it's two bigger characters that are feuding and they're teamed up with their allies or in the case of bad guys, just another group of bad guys, and that kind of reminds people and reinforces the face first, the heel stuff and what have they done in these matches? And I Thinkkelson just mentioned it is yeah, you got the two main names in the matches it's built around. But then you got these other guys plugged in that you start feuds up. And I come back to like Theckla and Aminada, their whole feud has been done in the ring. There's been no promos really for that. It's just been they got thrown into an eight woman or six women tag or whatever and started beating the crap out of each other.
Speaker 3: And no, there's no belt involved, just a good old fashioned grudge match.
Speaker 8: But you keep them on TV, give them a chance to get over, give us the reason that care for these two people beat the crap out of each other. You don't, And then now you've.
Speaker 1: Got people who are over.
Speaker 8: And when you need to cycle somebody anew for a championship run, there you go. You got you got that next year of people ready to go.
Speaker 3: Yep. I mean, And Harley Cameron is probably coming back soon because she's been doing a little bit of vignettes lately, both on AW programming and behind the scenes, so that's good news again.
Speaker 2: Like you had the Max.
Speaker 3: Gaster and and Anthony Bowens thing that has no belts involved in it, there's plenty of stuff going on you know, the the tag team thing. The tag team tournament kind of puts something on it. But the Outrunners and Young Bucks have been brewing for a while, you know, and just because it's culminating, I guess in a tag team tournament doesn't mean that they didn't plant the seed. So that this match has extra meaning to it, and it's not just just just not a tournament match. It's a it's got a little bit more meaning to it. That's that's what we need. But you can overdo it as well. You can't have the same people fighting in meaningful matches over and over again, and he would if you keep doing it. It kind of takes away from it. A lah hang Mananda Page and John Moxley tonight on Dynamite. I mean, there's a lot of people say that they don't really understand why they're doing this match.
Speaker 2: I kind of get it.
Speaker 3: I think it was Barrier you said it earlier. Was they're doing this match to put the final not I don't want to say nail the coffin, but a finality to the storyline that yes Page is the champion and John Moxley cannot beat hang Man Adam Paige. Now if Moxley wins tonight, then it kind of just throws everything under the bus.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I also like what Ricochet is doing. I just I just love his heel character so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sure, and he's not in a title picture.
Speaker 8: No, Ricochet is a great mid card heel, Like there is a lost art of mid card heels that can get heat, they can make make baby faces look great, they know how to get people over and then that's who you pluck that that main event terry heel from. But there is a lost art of the mid card heeled and Ricochet is perfectly in that role. Like it's been so much fun.
Speaker 3: Killing it, yeah, killing it. Yeah, Jess, when you've been talking and you sound like a space alien, a drunk space and alien.
Speaker 2: Uh, go ahead and leave the chair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just look, don't try to talk, uh, but just go ahead and leave the channel completely and come back and see if that rectifies the situation. I mean, go right out of discord completely then come back.
Speaker 9: Sounded like fifteen feet away from.
Speaker 8: The mic last time I did it, I think she had yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, so look. The important thing to me is that aw, especially in twenty twenty five, has gotten so much better with storylines, and a lot of that has to do with the storylines in the mid card because it sets up championship storylines down the line. You know, That's the way I look at it. Let's see, let's see what just sounds like?
Speaker 4: Hi, can you hear me? Now?
Speaker 2: Oh? Much better?
Speaker 4: Thank you? No, I was just going to concur with the MJF and and Mark Brisco MJF is actually very good at this. He is excellent at saying something so utterly vile, making him pay for what he said becomes very legitimate stakes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think you're spot on. That's how you that's how you can introduce stakes to something and not have a title on the line or you know, a stupid cash game. It is a lost art, Jess. That was part of what made us root against Heels. It wasn't always to see them lose the title. It was because we hated them because they did something dastardly. And there isn't a lot left in wrestling today that can do that. And m jeff is one of the ones that just we want to see him get his come up and for just something just vile that he did. And uh, and I think you're spot on with that.
Speaker 9: Well, didn't he say like the wrong brother died.
Speaker 1: Or something like that.
Speaker 8: Jeez, man, yeah, it was it was bad.
Speaker 1: He said it twice, I did, he did. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't believe we're laughing about the wrong brother died. But anyway, I know, yeah, for a whole different reason though. Look, let's go ahead out to our pot pourrix and I know, Jess, you had a pote prie that you had posted about about something that you read over it greatness or wrestling.
Speaker 4: I do it was actually a discussion I am the first discussion I took part in. Over there, someone had mentioned like, why are there no managers anymore? And me and a couple of other people were quick to point out that a e o U has managers for days. But not only do they have a lot of managers, every single manager they have is very good at what they do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean, what if you have Stokely Hathaway, Prince Nana, you have MVP Don Kallus.
Speaker 4: Oh definitely, and don't forget smart Mark Sterling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can put Shane Taylor in there. Heck, can you put Shane Taylor? Do you got to put Chris Jericho in there too? Although I think Chris Jericho has lost his family, has lost this tree because if did you notice Brian Keith is no longer being referred to as the bad Apple.
Speaker 4: Really, it's been a long time since anybody's called Bill the Redwood.
Speaker 1: He's uh yeah, those are gonna get us push starting in Scotland.
Speaker 10: Watch.
Speaker 3: Oh you know he's I mean, they love him over you, they love.
Speaker 1: Him, they love him.
Speaker 8: He's going to be They should make him that That is if Tony, if you are going to pick a moment for the push for him to start, that is where it happens, because he will be more over there than anywhere else in the next six months.
Speaker 3: Yep, I I totally. That was one of the best things were they were in Wales Cardiff. Yeah, yeah, and that whole thing with Big Bill was absolutely one of the best things I've ever seen. It rest like that was.
Speaker 8: Just didn't they cheer him at Grand Slam New Zealand what do they call the one in New Zealand or no, Australia Grand Slam Australia, I don't remember. I think they cheered the heck out. That was like the first time I think overseas, like, yeah, I think that fact. There was another place overseas where he was super over.
Speaker 12: But it was just his he's so good, he's so good and and his reaction worship perfect.
Speaker 3: His reactions were perfect.
Speaker 1: And he's so good on the mic.
Speaker 8: He's good looking, he's got a good move set, he works safe, he knows.
Speaker 1: How to make people look good. I don't know if there's something else on them back, but like, man, it's I'm to let him. Give him a run. Dude, just give him a run.
Speaker 2: You know what you meant. I think it was you to mention it before.
Speaker 3: You know, the problem with Big Bill is that he's just too damn big. Yeah, there's nobody, you know, the top guys can't realistically match up against him.
Speaker 8: The storyline for that that type of thing is you got to tire him out. And that's I think, what if FDR takes on the hurt syndica, that's you know what we're going on a tangent. Never mind, let's get back.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, yeah, Jess with the managers. You know, as someone that does not watch w W as well, do they even have any managers in w W A I think so.
Speaker 2: Paul Hayman, Yeah, I would go with him.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, he's a wise man. I guess it's the same thing.
Speaker 8: They have a lot of factions where the leader kind of does them managing and stuff. Yeah, like yeah, you know, they do it a little different there, but they have like that kind of figurehead.
Speaker 1: It's just an active performer in a lot of instances.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think, like somebody remarked in the thread that like it was because Vince hated me, actually hated managers the same way he hated tag teams. So that's why you sort of saw both of them decline.
Speaker 2: But he had Jimmy Hart with.
Speaker 3: A leaders.
Speaker 1: Was making money. Man, that's automatics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess does anybody else have a potpourri?
Speaker 1: I got a quick one?
Speaker 8: So I waspartner around on YouTube and I don't know if it's will Osprey's old YouTube account or somebody that just had his name back then, but it's like a thirteen year old video and it's him and a gymnasium with I guess some friends. Well, backflip from the turn buckle into the ring is full of like foam cubes, but he does a double shooting star press like right on and he would have landed on the mat. I don't know if he could, if it's possible to land that on a person, but it's insane, and like he's a teenager in this, like like fifteen sixteen, probably.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little older than that.
Speaker 8: Like I said, the videos like thirteen years old. But if you get a chance, go go look it up on YouTube. It's like fifteen seconds long and it's bonkers.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have to send the link if you could still find it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's in my history. I'll post it up in the discord if I can take it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do that, you.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: See. I hate saying this because I love him so much, But now that Kenny's career is starting to wind down, I think there's a case to be made for will Osprey being the best wrestler in the world.
Speaker 1: Now that's been the case for probably two years.
Speaker 4: Is it Kenny or is it Will? But yeah, I think it's Will.
Speaker 3: Now. The thing that I've seen pointed out by w W fans about will Osprey, and I actually have to agree with it, is that he's he's a very athletic wrestler. The things he can do in the ring are astounding, and especially when you put him in with the likes of Swerve, Strickland, Kenny Omega something like that. You're you know, you're going to get an athletic multi move counters match over the top even but where he lacks. And I'm saying this as an Osprey fan, but I get what WWE fans are saying about Will Osprey is the lack of selling. He could get absolutely dropped on his head and pop right up and do a Tiger Driver, you know, and that just shouldn't happen. And I agree with them on that because he does it a lot on in every single match he does. He doesn't sell. He doesn't sell. Yet, yes, to get better at selling.
Speaker 8: One spot in the match, like he does the fighting spirit too much. Yeah, like they did on the tag match It All In, Like they built the one fighting spirit where they got up after the sequence and did the blade swerve or the house call at the same time and then they collapse like that's perfect. He does it two or three times in some matches exactly.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I'm talking about. And when you when I posted that particular segment from from All In on the Greatness a wrestling webs Greatness a wrestling subreddit they didn't watch the whole twenty twenty five minute match, however long it was. They saw that they were like this, that's stupid. You've got you know.
Speaker 8: It was like, it's not like no sell spots is a new thing, Like it's been done forever, Like like you can go through the tape and there's Stone Cold in the Rock and brock Lesener and Underlake.
Speaker 1: That's it's not a new thing.
Speaker 3: Well, who came back from well, I don't want to say that, but who came back in matches more often by no selling than whole Cogan? Yeah, shot out, flat out down and out right on the break, and then he would get up and just point.
Speaker 8: That the fighting spirit, like the calling attention to it like they do in Japan. That's a very Japanese thing that they've brought, like that's why it stands out and like a lot of the older no selling. But it's like like, no, it's a valid criticism. I don't really care myself. Some people get worked up about it, and I think it's valid. But I do think that the fighting spirit spots he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, here's the thing is that you know special you know, one of the biggest complaints was though, is that like will Ospray just got dropped on his head and now he's back on his feet doing a move. Well, first of all, he didn't really get dropped on his head, because if he had gotten dropped on his head from ten feet up in the air, he definitely wouldn't be getting up and doing a move. You know, it's wrestling, it's art, it's it's theater, it's you know, play fighting in your underpants. I mean, come on, yes, they are the reason why they're so impressive is that they're not killing each other out there, and they're able to pull these tremendously athletic moves off without getting their next broken and everything like that on a like every single match.
Speaker 1: It's like, do these guys watch the John Wick movies? And really is just not realistic.
Speaker 8: I'm leaving and they just get out when they're like double popcorn or whatever and leave, like, come on, man, it's a stunt show.
Speaker 1: It's a movie you get to watch live. Get over the cell.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what when you're when you're talking about that, this is something interesting. Have you ever have any have any the movies, The Bourne Identity, the Bourn All the Bourne movies, the Jason Bourne movies. Right, they're action packed movies, right, but they're based on books.
Speaker 2: In the books, one punch and that's it.
Speaker 3: They're done.
Speaker 2: And they did an.
Speaker 3: Interview with Robert Ludemo was the author of these Born books, and they say, why do your fights end like that? Because if you standing there and you get punched in the face, square in the nose, you're not gonna be able to get up and start doing flips, you know, and then fighting, you know, you're done. What punch, you're done, depending on the punch, you know. And and that's you know, but that's taking it literal in you know, in that sense. But wrestling is not literal. Yeah, it never has been.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a visual medium. You know.
Speaker 8: A book is not a visual medium. You need to you need to add panache, you need to make it vibrant, you need to make it you have to. You have to show motional and that's what they do. It's faster now, you know. I look at will Ospbury matches from a few years ago to the work he does today. I prefer today now that he's slowed down. I thought, you know, when he was younger, it was great, But I think his work's better now, and it's going to get better now that he's even a little banged up and he's starting to realize he's mortal and slows it down a little bit. It's going to make the stuff he does seem more important. Right, Like you said, it's sake. Who cares? The point is to entertain you? Are you entertained?
Speaker 1: Great? And who cares? You know?
Speaker 3: I mean, let's face it, if if Big Bill gave you a clothes line off the ropes, would you be standing up?
Speaker 2: You'll be dead, You'd be gone, You've been done.
Speaker 3: You're not cold.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: You know, anybody gives a clothes line to somebody's neck, they're gonna get hurt.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even need to be Big Bill.
Speaker 3: Like even if you have a close light to the chest, you know, it's just like you're still gonna go down. You're gonna be like, you know, you're gonna be like, did I.
Speaker 2: Just have a heart attack here? You know what's going on here?
Speaker 3: Your lungs are collapsed and everything. You know, you can't look at wrestling matches as anything but athletic art.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, I love it, but let's face it.
Speaker 3: You know, you get popped in the face, and wrestling is differently getting popped in the face in a fight. You ever watch the real life fights, you know, even involving wrestlers where they're fighting somebody in real life or just really out on the street or whatever, they don't look the same. You know.
Speaker 2: You get popped and.
Speaker 3: Or down and they're like unconscious looks like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Like MMA is like some people love it. I get it's real, but it's boring. Like I want to see people doing flips and ship.
Speaker 3: That's why. You know, if you get hit hard enough, they do flips and git.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like you know, I like, I understand people who enjoy MMA. It's not my jam. I can appreciate a good fight at like a good boxing match. It's different. I think the pacing for boxing appeals a little bit better to me than MMA because it's so grappling based. But like, unless you're like really into it, it's like golf, you have to understand that or no, I'm sorry, it's like pitching in baseball. To really get into you need to understand the particulars and why grips and like it's a very technical MMA is a very technical sport now, and like, I just want to.
Speaker 1: See people beating each other up. And if it's fate, it's fate. Who cares. I don't want to see people like inn a pretzel for forty five minutes.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I like to see a thousand chops in the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like to see just ridiculous stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, don't even give me.
Speaker 8: Well, that's somebody on the TV going but he's unconscious, Like what do you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Eddie. That's one thing about Eddie Kingston. He can hit a thousands chops in like thirty seconds. Yeah, of course, I have no mark, no marks on the other guy's chest. But he's got a bunch of bruises on his thigh. But I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Leave it alone.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hey, man, if you're going to pull off a believable chop and you don't leave a mark on the guy and everybody and she like beat the heck out of him, then you're doing a good job man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I love it what I see a chop and the other guy's bleeding from his chest after like four.
Speaker 2: Or five chops.
Speaker 3: But if you're bleeding from your thigh or something wrong. It's like, well, he's menstruating again, you know, didn't.
Speaker 8: The Young Bucks have a mean ones at being the elite where they were walking backstage and they had their thighs wrapped in ice, and there's like, what was you know, why are your thighs wrapped? And they're like, oh, we had to do a lot of super We did a lot of super kicks in the last match because they did like ten or twelve. But and they you know, for smacking the thigh when they did it, and so that's why they had the.
Speaker 1: Ice is to ice down where they were smacking.
Speaker 8: I think that was them. I'm pretty sure it was. It might have not been, but I think it was a I think it was them.
Speaker 3: That's why the.
Speaker 4: Lost cerential humor they do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's why I love stiff matches, because when somebody punches somebody like in the chest or kicks them in the chest and instead of going slap, it goes thud.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that, you know, so drown a.
Speaker 1: Good punch is a lost art man.
Speaker 8: There's a couple of guys in the eighties and nineties who threw really good punches and there aren't many left now. And to your point, kelsonink if they can do it and either with a certain type of stomp they get that thud, or they can do it where it just hits the chest right that it doesn't hurt their performer they're working with, but it makes that sound.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I just it feels good to hear, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why, like I you're familiar with Julia right from WWE. She's famous for her head butts right at her head butts, like she literally just head butts and there you know, she had butts them all of a sudden. It's like Job Boxley getting forked by Hagman added page. She's standing there and her opponent is as bleeding profusely from the forehead of the nose. Is Julia has a short temper. And if you get a receipt from Julia, You're gonna get a receipt from Julia. And I'm waiting for that to happen at w W because people are gonna lose their minds when she got no no, not with her head butts her head. Go look at Julia, Go look at just probably there's a video that says, Julia has Julia's head butts, and just go watch her. You can see how she does it in retaliation to somebody to maybe hit her a little bit too hard or at a wrong spot like in the throat or something, and she had to butch them in their Next thing you see is the whole person's face is just erupted. It's a crimson mask, you know, because Julia doesn't give a shit, you know, So that's something to keep in mind. There, anybody else have a potporie? All right, then, so I guess we'll end the show for tonight. We'll be back later on tonight on the UH Wrestling Hub discord. I almost forgot what our discord was named for, Ollie Talk. That's right after aw Dynamite. We start the show right after aw Dynamite, and just come on up and have some fun and review aw Dynamite with us, because hey, this card, I mean, not only we have John Moxley and Hangman Adam Page, We've got Tony Storm and Alex Windsa against Athena and Billy Starks.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a war.
Speaker 3: And more so, Young Box of the Outrunners got some pretty interesting stuff going on. So join us for all we talk right after Dynamite. So for the aw fan on podcast team, this is Kelson. Good night everybody, Later Tators than Guys.