Speaker 1: Tuy around. This is the seventy seven WABC mini cast.
Speaker 2: President Trump signing two big executive orders tied to birthright citizenship just a little bit ago, and also what's next for doctor Fauci. Well on all of this, let's go to Greg Jarrett, great Fox News legal analyst and big best selling author. Greg, did you see this with the birthright tourism saying, you know, really putting the sort of screws and narrow casting so people can't just come here and have a baby and take advantage of US.
Speaker 1: Right And you could see this coming. Unlike Trump's original order when he took office, today's executive orders, and there are two of them, are fairly limited in scope. The first one ban's birth tourism and it's based on an existing federal regulation twenty twenty that prohibits tourism and business visas for the purpose of obtaining US citizenship for a newborn. Anybody who does that can now be criminally prosecuted for fraud. And you know that's a huge number. You're talking about, twenty to twenty five thousand birth tourists each year. And I think that order does fall squarely within the executive branch authority over immigration and visas. However, the second order is more difficult because it denies citizenship to those newborns. It would contradict the recent Supreme Court decision, which you and I have discussed. So you know that particular order will almost certainly be challenged right away in federal court. Trump knows that, but he wants the Supreme Court to revisit the issue on a narrower basis because the justices you'll recall, did, in fact, seem deeply concerned about the birth tourism problem. And Trump is right, it's smacks of fraud. These birth tourists are scamming the fourteenth Amendment. They don't hold any allegiance to the sovereign of the US. They just want their kids to have citizenships. So we'll see where this goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't want to have a country that, you know, quote is an enemy of America. I mean you want to have you know, maybe Iranian IRGC kids coming over. I mean, I'm sorry that this is exactly what you don't want think about. During Afghanistan, some people tied to the Taliban got over on the planes. What if they're pregnant, they have an American child, then they have access to our country and our resources.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and one of the justices during oral argument raised the alarm bells on exactly what you're talking about birth tourism from enemy states. You know that jeopardizes America's national security. And so you know Trump is responding very directly to that concern with these two executive orders.
Speaker 2: And you know, other big deal is on Fauci today. This is wild that ran Paul. They had the vote in the committee, it was party line, but it passed because of the Republican majority. Right. Fauci who took invoked the fifth one hundred and eleven times, and now they're sending it over to DOJ. He says, you know what, I don't think He came right out and said, I don't think we have the votes in a full Senate to get the sixty votes because of the makeup. But I'm going to send it over to the DOJ and see what they will do. Maybe they might prosecute him. What do you think legally it's an interesting case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if charges are brought, Fauci's lawyers will argue in federal court that his preemptive pardon, which was you know, signed by Biden's auto pen did not protect him last week when he was supposed to testify, since the pardon actually expired the day was signed January twenty, twenty twenty five, and therefore Fauci had a constitutional right to invoke the Fifth Amendment. And look, I'm no fan of Fauci. I agree with Senator Paul. I think he's long been lying to Congress about his funding of the Wuhan lab where the deadly virus I think escaped. But having said all of that, you know, his Fifth Amendment legal argument is valid in my judgment, because at that moment last week, he was in legal jeopardy in two ways. If he lied, he could face federal charges for perjury and false statements. And second, his pardon doesn't protect him from any future state charges arising from that testimony last week. Already there are four states who have launched active investigations into that could result in charges. And look, even Ran Paul admits that the issue will end up being decided in the courts. You know, he argued last week that the pardon ment Fauci had to testify. I think he's wrong. The only way the committee can force Fauchi to talk is to grant him immunity, and that would give him immunity both federal and state. But Senator Paul, he want to do that because it would allow Fauci to escape all culpability for everything he did. So you know, the bottom line is it'll go to court. Fauci will probably win on the issue of the Fifth Amendment.
Speaker 2: Did you see today it came out that they have his cell phone. Now, remember the diaries came out, but because it was a work phone and it was given to him for his work capacity, they have his now his work phone, so.
Speaker 3: Who knows what who Fauci was texting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, if you read through the diary. I haven't gotten through all of it, but I've read some salient portions of it, it's self incriminating. I mean, you know, here he is publicly saying, oh, the virus came from nature in a wet market in China. Privately, he's conceding in his diary. You know it probably came from the Wuhan lab. So and then, of course, if you look at his testimony in years past under questioning by Center Rampaul, it seems to me that Fauci is clearly lying about his gain of function support for that particular Wuhan lab. And by the way, if you're going to get money to a lab, that Wuhan Lab is the last place on Earth you should give money to. It had an abysmal track record for safety. You know, it was a recipe for leaking a deadly virus. That this gain of function insanity. It takes a virus and turns it into this sort of supersized Frankenstein deadly monster. There's no way that you can morally or even scientifically justify doing that, given the incredible risk that you could end up killing tens of millions of people worldwide, which is what happened Fauchi.
Speaker 3: I think he knew a lot more than he was saying, and I think he lied to a lot of people, and he knew the truth and he didn't tell us the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're absolutely right. And the other aspect of this thing is that when you read his diary, what a narcissistic, you know, vainglorious person, you know, marinating in his own fame. He's the kind of guy who fell in love every time he passed by a mirror.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's.
Speaker 1: Love lovenating, you know, and it's.
Speaker 3: Just love is blind, right, Love is blind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, he didn't care about the people who were dying. According to his his diary, he only cared about the number of times he was on TV and all the adoration he was getting on the most famous man in the world. It truly is sickening and shameful.
Speaker 2: By the way, one of the things in the Florida case, I was seeing, you guys, the Attorney general there is saying that Fauti was having his staff apply for awards, and one of the things they're investigating in the Florida case, it was a million dollar award and maybe like only a portion had to go back into research, and it meant that he would have had nine hundred thousand, and they're investing in them. He might have gotten nine hundred thousand, you know, some personal money that much for some more than he was pushing them over and over again apply for these and obviously that's unseemly at a time where he's clearly telling different stories to the public like capitalizing, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and the law also calls that fraud, so you know, for money and pressuring you know, colleagues and people under him to promote him for these awards so he could reap the financial benefits. You know that. Give me some time and I could probably come up with three or four more other crimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, keep us boasted. Greg, Thank you so much for coming on